Actions

Work Header

Madam Lan´s Truth

Summary:

Not even the so righteous Lans could escape the rot and sickness brought by the greed´s corruption.

 

It was time that someone finally made them face their true colours, and the infamous Sandu Zhengzhou was more than happy to do so.

 

If only Lan Qiren hadn´t been so dense... Would he had been able to prevent it all...?

Notes:

Hello There, Kira desu~!!!

 

I honestly don´t even know why I wrote this. It has been sitting on my block for quite some time now, and I actually am just posting it to "be done with it", you know?

 

Anyway, tell me what you think of this kind of plot, please~. There will be something similar in "Wild Lotus", and I may even edit this one in the future.

As I said before, "Wild Lotus" is the main story, this other parts of the series are snippets, one-shots and whatnot that where written for it and either show up later or not at all.

 

Hope you enjoy~ (?

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

 

 

 

"It´s interesting to see that not even Gusu Lan Clan lacks the corruption on its people. Their own elders no less…'', when someone tries to interrupt him, he lets Zidian let out a powerful burst of power, silencing them. ''You see, I had my suspicions since I studied at Cloud Recesses as a teen, but I just got it confirmed a few weeks ago. To learn you planned to whip your own Sect Leader…" he scoffed at the absurdity of what came out his own mouth. To think these greedy old men dared to even think of harming his lover. Oh, he was gonna draw blood all right.

 

He whipped the 23 elders that were pinned to the floor by knifes imbeds on their dominant hands, which he had previously put a paralyzing substance on. Of the 33 elders that had been harmed by Lan Wangji's little “rebellion” and pushed for a fit punishment for him to learn from, only 10 were actually innocent.

 

He continued with his inquires and observation of this pathetic scumbags for a few more minutes before he realized the approaching presence. It would seem that his undercover disciple wasn't as successful with his distraction as he had hoped, since he could see Lan Qiren rapidly advancing towards them by the sidewalk.

 

"You see, I don't give baseless accusations. If I do say something, it's because I have the evidence to back it up. So, tell me, Estimated Elders of Gusu Lan, the clan that is known for it's righteousness. Would you like to share Madam Lan's real fate?''

 

 

 

When he saw that no one said anything he scoffed again at the stubbornness of this trash. To think they would go to such lengths...

 

"I'm sorry, Lan Huan'' he thought sadly. He didn't want to do this, but he knew that even if his pair end up hating him and not wanting anything to do with him anymore, the woman that had made it possible for Jiang Cheng to meet him deserved justice for the crimes imposed on her. Justice for the destruction of their family.

 

A woman that died veiled by crimes that were not her own. A man who believed his sect and came to doubt his own wife. A little brother that lost his older brother to grief. And a pair of young children that had to bear their own demons by themselves through all this. One getting silent after waiting for a mother that wouldn't come back, and another smiling to fight the tears from falling down.

 

 

Always smiling to reassure the people around him, even though he was the one hurting the most.”

 

 

 

"Sect Leader Jiang, what is the meaning of this?!?'' Exclaimed Lan Qiren, seeing the infamous Sandu Zhengzhou attacking the elders of his clan.

 

Jiang Cheng ignored him in order to get the answers he had come for.

 

"Oh?  You don't have anything to say? Not about how Lan Yenhua, an elder and respected professor of Cloud Recesses lusted after a married woman? A woman married to your own Sect Leader, no less. Or how about how he drugged her and raped her, going as far as making her own husband doubt her while he continued with that atrocious behavior of his? Mnnh??'' He asked in a conversational tone with a slightly raised eyebrow, waiting for an answer to his rhetorical questions.

 

Although, predictably, no answer came.

 

 

 

He glanced at where Lan Qiren was, white faced, while he started to connect the dots on what was going on.

 

"Or how about how she realized she was pregnant and tried to take her life after being denied treatment by your healers? How about how she couldn't take it anymore and killed her rapist and you covered his sins and make her the perpetrator of something horrible when she was the victim who had suffered!?!?... Or maybe we should talk about how your estimated elder, Lan Liwei, was the one to actually kill Qinhen-Jun, using the Wen's attack as a cover, mn?? What do you say…?? Should we talk about that?!?'' He sneered while kicking said elder on the stomach for good measure.

 

 

"Uurrghh, I'm getting sick of this people. How could they do this?!?'', he thought bitterly, while trying to restrain himself. He had come to get justice for her, not to spill unnecessary blood. No matter how much these scumbags deserved such fate.

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

Lan Qiren could feel his hands trembling and his eyes burning. He- He had been an accomplice of all this...

 

 

His brother...

 

His sister in law...

 

 

Even though they had had their differences, he had respected the woman his brother had chosen... and yet, he turned his back on her like everyone else did.

 

He scorned her, and made his opinion on her past actions known to anyone who would listen.

 

 

 

I'm sorry, Lan Meifeng ...

 

 

I'm so sorry...

 

 

 

 

Did his nephews know about this?

 

 

How was he going to tell them if they didn't?

 

 

 

Should he even tell them??

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

So, how was it??

 

Kudos and tips on how to improve are always welcome~!!! ( ^w^ ) b

 

If you want to rant with me about anything and everything, you can go to my Twitter here, or you can go to my carrd.

 

In my carrd, you´ll find everything, the Instagram account where I post the cover of my stories and any content related to them (covers, pictures for references and probably some short clips too). You´ll even be able to see what projects I´m currently working on, what I´ve posted so far and whatnot. Even the “Publishing Dates” of my stories, be it a sequel or a continuation.

You can also leave anonymous prompts in my curious cat thingy and I´ll try to work with them when I get some free time.

 

Have a beautiful day, Sweeties~!!! (^w^)b

Series this work belongs to: