Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-01-14
Completed:
2021-01-16
Words:
2,488
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
4
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
132

Wherever We Are

Chapter 2: Reconnections

Summary:

Salaciaks has traveled across the world for her father’s job. Will she be able to reconnect with the boy she is still in love with?

Chapter Text

Salacia was finally fully unpacked. It had only taken three weeks. That’s what you get when your dad decides to uproot the family and move to the other side of the world. He’d finally had enough and taken the first shot he could at his job to move the family to his dream locale...Japan. Salacia had written and told Kenma the news, she was actually going to be living In Japan. She promised to write to him when she got there with her new address. Which she had done almost immediately.

She had gotten an excited letter back and they were trying to figure out how to get together. But with school and his volleyball commitments made it difficult. Plus at her new school she had joined the volleyball club as well. She couldn’t be kept from the game she loved. Plus her height and skill was hard to deny, she was just an alternate for now, so it was fair. But she was happy to be joining in at practices.

She was at a different school from Kenma, which made her sad. But she was still happy to be living in the same country, same city even, all the more chance of seeing each other.

For now she would focus on the training camp coming up…

Kenma had told his team about his trip to the states, omitting things they had no business in, but what stunned them was the fact that volleyball was considered ‘girls only’ in the US.

“Where’d you hear that?” Tetsuro asked.

“Well, from...the girl in the beach house next door…she was on the team at her school...” he admitted seeing his friends eyes widen at the mention of a girl, “We played a game or two…”

“You...you met a girl and I’m just now hearing it.” Tetsuro grinned, “So was she cute?”

Kenma rolled his eyes, “Wasn’t this about the volleyball thing?” He asked.

“Oh she was, then.” His friend laughed, “But yeah we were, hey let’s ask the new girl on the Karasuno team!” He suggested, “It’s going through all the girls teams that she’s really good and from the US!” He pointed off in the distance to an auburn haired girl with their back to them sitting and reading some book.

Kenma could swear he knew that head of hair. Tetsuro grabbed Kenma’s arm and drug him over with a few of the other curious teammates following. He tapped the girl on the shoulder making her jump a bit and close the book she was reading, she adjusted her glasses and turned.

“Can I help you?” She asked with a polite smile.

“Sorry to bug you but my teammate, Kenma, here heard from someone in the states that in the US volleyball is only played by girls...like there are no boys teams.” He said, “Is that true?”

Did he just say…? She looked around his body to lock eyes with a pair she knew quite well, he was stunned, he had obviously recognized her voice and now her face. She wanted to just jump up and hug him, but what she wanted to do now...was have a little fun.

She set her head on her hand as she looked up at the guys, “Well, all I can say is I told him the truth.” She said a smirking grin spreading over her lips as her words sunk in.

Kenma held back a snicker. Of course she would act like this. Tetsuro looked between them and saw how she smiled at Kenma who just shrugged.

“Good to see you again.” He said, “I guess you couldn’t stay away from volleyball forever.”

“Hey, it’s my game.” She laughed, “Gonna introduce me?”

Kenma sighed and moved to stand beside her and introduced his friend from over the summer to Tetsuro and his other teammates. Salacia stood up and smiled seeing their shocked looks at the height difference between them.

“Okay, now answer honestly.” Tetsuro said, “Is there anything going on between you two?”

Salacia and Kenma shared a look that said everything that needed to be said. They hadn’t discussed anything here in Japan yet. They hadn’t seen each other until now.

“Not here.” Salacia said.

Tetsuro stares at Kenma, “Man, you didn’t tell me that?!” He exclaimed.

“I like to keep some things to myself.” Kenma said.

“And a summer thing is one of those things I’m guessing.” He chuckled.

Salacia rolled her eyes. They all chatted a moment longer before leaving Salacia and Kenma alone. She looked at him and they walked to a more secluded area away from their respective school teams.

She smiled sweetly at him, “So...what are we here?” She asked him.

“What do you want us to be?” He asked.

“Do you still mean what you said on the night before you left?” She asked gently, easing into the conversation.

“I do. I love you.” He murmured so low no one but her could hear it.

She flushed to her ears, “And I love you.” She said stepping nearer to him, “So, are we...an item now?”

“I would like that.” He said.

“I would too.” She said and leaned in and gently pressed her lips to his.

He smiled into the kiss and they only broke apart when they heard his teammates cheering, apparently they went to look for him, now Salacia was flushing darkly looking down shyly. Kenma rolled his eyes and ran his hand through his hair.

“At least I can get a girl.” He said.

Salacia giggled and pecked his cheek. He was hers and that’s what mattered to her.