Actions

Work Header

I Helped This Old Lady and She Bought Me a Churro. That Was Nice.

Summary:

Namjoon has a crush on his odd roommate who constantly sneaks out at night.
Jungkook clearly has a secret and Namjoon can't seem to figure out exactly what it is.
When Jungkook comes home injured in the middle of the night and has to ask Namjoon for help he thinks the cat is out of the bag.
He didn't expect Namjoon to be so dense.

***

It is one thing for Jungkook to be an aggressive drunk who wants to fight anything that moves, but it is another completely different one for him to be dressing as a Spiderman copycat and willingly getting into fights like this. Namjoon realises then — with what Jungkook constantly calls, much to his dismay, his big and juicy science brain — that he’s never seen Jungkook drunk, so he has no empirical evidence of his first assumption being true, on the other hand he has Jungkook bleeding against the bathtub dressed in a half-destroyed — high quality he must admit — Spiderman suit. 

Namjoon tries his best to avoid looking at Jungkook’s naked body as he gets the water running. In all his wildest fantasies he never thought this is what the first time having Jungkook naked in front of him would be like.

Chapter Text

Namjoon groans when he wakes up. He looks around his room sleepily, trying to gather his surroundings. He blinks his eyes a couple of times and yawns, still too tired to be awake right now, rubs his eyes to get the sleep off them and looks to his closed window. 

 

The sky is still dark outside, and even if he hadn’t just woken up he would hardly be able to see anything with the dim light that makes its way inside his room from the street lights. The sound of police sirens is faint in the distance. 

 

Namjoon lays still for a moment, confused because everything else seems quiet and still so he doesn’t understand what woke him up on this perfectly peaceful night. He yawns again and rolls over to his side, intending to go back to sleep. And then he hears it. 

 

“Shit, fuck, fuck,” Jungkook’s hushed cursing as he stumbles around, trying to make his way through the apartment. Namjoon sighs in annoyance, rolling his eyes. He pulls the pillow from under his head and uses it to cover his ears instead.

 

Namjoon and Jungkook have been roommates for a couple of years now and they get along very well. Jungkook is cheerful and cute, he’s attentive and gentle and sensitive and Namjoon might maybe possibly like him a little too much.

 

Jungkook is a wonderful roommate, he’s the best Namjoon could’ve ever asked for from this city, exactly what he was hoping for the moment he decided to rent the other room in his apartment.

 

Or at least he thought so until about the last year and a half. Since then it has become the norm for Jungkook to come home at unholy hours of the night, always knocking shit around as he makes his way to the bathroom, the kitchen or his room. And Namjoon honestly wouldn’t mind it if Jungkook didn’t come home beaten up most of the time, leaving blood in their sink, or stains in the walls where he holds onto them for balance. And he wouldn’t even mind that if Jungkook could at least make an attempt to clean it.

 

Namjoon sighs, snuggling more into his warm blankets. By now he knows not to leave his room. Jungkook always seems to come home in a bad mood. Namjoon doesn’t really blame him for this, not when Jungkook comes home looking like he’s been losing most fights. He frowns, taking the pillow off his head and holding onto it as he listens to Jungkook groaning in pain and dragging himself through the house.

 

Namjoon wants to help him, but Jungkook always gets irritated when he does. He knows trying to help Jungkook will most likely end up with them arguing, but sometimes it’s worth it. He doesn’t mind arguing with Jungkook some nights if it means making sure he’ll be able to wake up in the morning and go to class.

 

If Jungkook wants to get drunk and fight strangers that’s fine, but Namjoon would like him to at least let him clean his wounds. He would like Jungkook to let him be concerned for him. Of course Jungkook always looks fine the next day but it still pains Namjoon to hear him struggle in the middle of the night. 

 

Namjoon closes his eyes when Jungkook quiets down. He is almost asleep again when he hears a soft “Namjoon…” and a quiet knock on his door. He opens his eyes again, staring attentively at the closed door. It was so quiet he isn’t sure whether he actually heard it or if his delusional brain, urging to comfort Jungkook, simply tricked him.

 

He waits, not daring to move a muscle. Namjoon feels like he’s been lying there for hours, barely breathing, until he hears a soft whimper from the other side of his closed door. He decides to risk it then. He is going to peek outside even if Jungkook yells at him for it. Tonight he doesn’t mind arguing with him as long as he gets to call him a dumbass for it.

 

Namjoon pushes the covers off his body and shivers when the cold air hits his warm skin. He grabs a hoodie that hangs from the back of the chair by his desk and puts it on, then slowly tiptoes to the door of his room and opens it carefully. 

 

None of the lights are on so the hallway is dark. He leans slightly past the door, trying to spot any movement in the apartment but everything seems completely still. He takes a step outside and regrets it when he feels something wet and warm soaking his sock. His nose scrunches in disgust until he looks down and finds Jungkook laying on the ground in front of his door, and the substance he stepped on to be a pool of his blood. 

 

Namjoon stands frozen for a moment, panicked as he stares down at Jungkook, unable to move or scream or react in any way. 

 

“Ugh, Joonie?” Jungkook groans, clearly in pain, and struggles to raise his head enough to look up at him. Namjoon chokes back a whimper when he sees Jungkook’s face. It’s swollen, eye bruised, his lip tinted red with blood that drips down his chin. Jungkook’s voice wakes Namjoon up from his initial panicked surprise and immediately kneels down to help support him. 

 

“Stop moving.” Namjoon scolds him, voice shaking. “I’m going to try to get you to the bathtub…” He tells him, attempting to sound calm. Jungkook nods weakly and Namjoon is thankful he is agreeing without arguing for once. 

 

Namjoon carefully turns him around and puts his hands under his arms and around his chest to tug Jungkook’s body towards the bathroom. A trail of fresh blood stains the floor. Jungkook hisses and groans every time Namjoon tugs him and Namjoon’s heart breaks a little more with every pained sound Jungkook makes. 

 

“I’m not that fat.” Jungkook pouts, letting his head fall back to look at Namjoon. He shakes his head, a content smile stretching over Jungkook’s lips when he closes his eyes. Of course Jungkook isn’t fat, he is all heavy muscles that make Namjoon’s knees weak in more ways than one. 

 

Namjoon isn’t sure how but he manages to get Jungkook to the bathroom. By the time he does his arms are sore and he can barely lift one enough to turn the light on. As he stains their wall too with the blood on his hand he mentally curses Jungkook for being so goddamn buff and heavy.

 

“I’m going to take this off.” He tells Jungkook, already tugging his jacket off. As Namjoon struggles to pull the material off Jungkook he finally notices the rest of his outfit and his concern is tinted with irritation. It is one thing for Jungkook to be an aggressive drunk who wants to fight anything that moves, but it is another completely different one for him to be dressing as a Spiderman copycat and willingly getting into fights like this. Namjoon realises then — with what Jungkook constantly calls, much to his dismay, his big and juicy science brain — that he’s never seen Jungkook drunk, so he has no empirical evidence of his first assumption being true, on the other hand he has Jungkook bleeding against the bathtub dressed in a half-destroyed — high quality he must admit — Spiderman suit. 

 

He looks so hurt, bruises and cuts covering so much of his skin Namjoon is surprised he is even awake right now. He would much rather be taking him to the hospital right now but he already knows Jungkook will refuse and even in the state he is in Namjoon doubts he’ll be able to drag an unwilling Jungkook anywhere. But although the dry blood clings to his skin Jungkook doesn’t seem to be bleeding much anymore, Namjoon hopes his experience in a paramedic camp will be enough for now. 

 

“You’re so fucking stupid.” Namjoon says as he helps him inside the bathtub. Jungkook laughs at that, and then hisses at the warmth of the water. It’s unusual for Namjoon to insult him, always the sweetest, most patient one of the pair, so Jungkook finds the words funny and foreign coming from his favourite Hyung. 

 

“You have no idea.” Jungkook replies, relaxing into the water, hands shaking as he attempts to hold onto the sides of the bathtub. Namjoon shakes his head and is careful to rinse Jungkook’s wounds. Tears burn in his eyes as he tries to get the blood off Jungkook, who whimpers when Namjoon presses a little too hard. He bites his lip as he pours water on Jungkook’s head and tries to wash his hair, the long strands sticky with blood and glued to his forehead. By the time Namjoon is done the water is coloured red, but Jungkook looks a little more alive. 

 

Namjoon helps him out of the tub and carefully dries him with a fluffy towel. He uses every ounce of willpower in his body to not stare or say anything embarrassing. Namjoon can feel his cheeks burning, he feels bad about wanting to bite onto Jungkook’s inner thigh while they’re all bruised up, shaking and so weak Jungkook has to lean on him to stop his legs from giving out, but he can’t help it. Jungkook is just so… himself! Namjoon knows he needs to control himself but being this close to Jungkook is doing things to him, his own hands shaking as he pats Jungkook’s skin dry.

 

When Namjoon is mostly done, he hands Jungkook the towel, who painfully wraps it around himself. Jungkook complains in pain every step they take and leans against Namjoon for support as he guides them to his room. 

 

Namjoon tries not to look at the stained floor too much because it makes his stomach churn, and only to avoid stepping on the blood and spreading it more through the apartment. He sits Jungkook on the bed and goes to close the open window. The police sirens are going off again outside. 

 

“I’m going to go look for something to put on those cuts.” Namjoon tells him, when he turns around facing Jungkook’s back. He comes back with a first aid kit, and finds Jungkook drying his hair, now wearing shorts but still shirtless. Namjoon tries not to think about the way Jungkook’s muscles flex as he disinfects the wounds. Jungkook is so strong and hot and Namjoon really shouldn’t be thinking like this while Jungkook seems to be exhausted and struggling to stay awake.  

 

He stands in front of Jungkook, between his legs as he gently tends to this open lip. He really wouldn’t mind kissing it better. 

 

Jungkook gives him a gentle smile and Namjoon tries to stop looking at him because more tears are threatening to spill. Jungkook puts his hand on top of Namjoon’s on his cheek in an attempt to comfort him and get his attention.

 

“Don’t look so sad, Joonie. I’ll be okay, I’m a big boy!” Jungkook says, straightening up and smiling wide, bunny teeth in display. Namjoon laughs, his other hand covering his mouth in an attempt to hide his reddening cheeks. Jungkook is infinitely cute and Namjoon is beyond endeared. “Just...” A blush tints Jungkook’s swollen face when he gets shy and Namjoon gently caresses his cheek with his thumb. “Just stay with me tonight.” Jungkook finishes, looking at him with big hopeful eyes and Namjoon wouldn’t be able to say no even if he wanted to. 

 

“Alright, I’ll just-” Namjoon gestures to his blood-stained sweatshirt and takes a step away from Jungkook but he pulls him back, still holding onto his hand. 

 

“Just steal one of mine.” He says quickly, too fast for him to try and pretend to be smooth about it. Namjoon nods and steps away again. This time Jungkook lets him. He takes off his damp socks and leaves them in a corner along with his dirty sweatshirt and Jungkook’s towel. That’s a problem for when the sun comes up.

 

He can hear Jungkook laying down and getting comfortable in his bed. Namjoon tries not to turn around as he changes, self-conscious of his body after having just seen, and having practically had his face against Jungkook’s naked one for so long. He finds his favourite sweatshirt from Jungkook and hurries to put it on, not standing the burn of Jungkook’s gaze on the back of his neck and the coldness of the air. 

 

“You’re so fucking pretty.” Jungkook mumbles sleepily but when Namjoon turns around surprised, unsure of whether he heard right, Jungkook already has his eyes closed. Namjoon hesitates for a moment, standing at the side of the bed and wondering if he should really get in. “Mmm! Come here already!” Jungkook whines, like he does when Namjoon can’t decide what takeout to order or what show they should watch. Namjoon laughs at Jungkook’s impatience and finally dares to slip under the covers next to him. 

 

“You’re dumb.” Namjoon smiles when Jungkook’s hand finds his and intertwines their fingers. Jungkook hums sleepily in agreement. 

 

“Mmm, but I’m baby.” He mumbles against the pillow, smiling when he hears Namjoon laugh.

 

Jungkook’s breathing becomes even and Namjoon lays awake wondering what it all means. He loves it, he loves laying down next to Jungkook, he loves holding his hand and feeling his breath on his skin when Jungkook presses closer against him. But he isn’t sure what it means. Is this Jungkook showing him he feels the same as he does? Or is it just him seeking comfort in his friend after a rough night? 

 

Namjoon isn’t sure, and he doesn't know if he’ll be comfortable enough to ask tomorrow. What he knows, however, is that he needs to have a very serious conversation with Jungkook about where the limits of his admiration for Spiderman should be. 

Chapter Text

Namjoon doesn't actually confront Jungkook about it the next morning. Firstly because Namjoon wakes up alone, tired, and confused in Jungkook’s room. The moment he lifts his face from the pillow he freaks out, not finding the things he’d usually see when he wakes up. And once he remembers where he is and why he is there he wonders where Jungkook went. 

 

Namjoon glances towards the door, the dirty clothes aren’t on the ground anymore and the door is ajar. He gets up and makes Jungkook’s bed before leaving the room. Namjoon peaks into all of the rooms and is surprised to not find Jungkook in any of them. But their floor is still bloody so he supposes if Jungkook was able to get up and leave he can worry about his whereabouts later. 

 

He doesn’t have to worry for long though, because Jungkook barges in through the front door with their freshly washed laundry and after handing Namjoon his clothes — among which sitting at the very top is his mysteriously perfectly clean sweatshirt from last night —, he goes straight to the fridge and struggles to carry milk, cereal, a bowl and a spoon to the dining table while appearing secretive about his own pile of laundry. Namjoon doesn’t comment about it, Jungkook has always been a little odd. 

 

It is characteristic of Jungkook to be a mess in the morning so Namjoon decides not to add another reason for him to panic just yet. Jungkook shoves spoonfuls of cereal that gets progressively soggier while running around the apartment collecting his belongings at the same time. 

 

"Uh Hyung, have you seen my camera?" Jungkook asks in a panic, with a camera in his hand and a mouthful of wet cereal, while Namjoon sweeps the blood off the floor. "Not this one, I need the one, the one with the thing." Namjoon looks at him with a raised eyebrow and Jungkook groans in frustration, as if Namjoon should’ve immediately known what he was talking about with that vague explanation. He then proceeds to search through the cupboards of the kitchen like he will find his camera hidden among their dinner plates. 

 

Namjoon doesn't really know which camera is the one with the thing, they literally all look the same to him. So he isn’t sure how to respond and instead limits himself to stand awkwardly with his mop.

 

"Umm, no?" Truth is, on a normal day Namjoon would probably know where Jungkook's things are better than his own, but he is distracted today. He is trying to find the words to talk to Jungkook about how his obsession with Spiderman has crossed some limits without frightening him enough to flee the conversation. He decides to just spit some words out and hope for the best.

 

“Kookie” He starts, causing him to turn around with wide eyes. “I think we need to talk-” So much fright flashes through his eyes and Namjoon feels bad about the way he decided to start this conversation. Neither have much time to process the words because Jungkook’s annoying ringtone interrupts their thoughts. Namjoon is one more note from going insane when Jungkook picks up. It’s not like anyone can blame him, they play it every time anyone ever talks about Spiderman and Jungkook is borderline obsessed with the guy — which is exactly why they were about to have that conversation in the first place. Jungkook also constantly hums the song, and Namjoon wishes Jungkook would change his favourite song from time to time.

 

“Tae? Yes, I’m literally on my way right now-” Jungkook says, like a liar. “I thought you’d be there by now. Oh don’t worry about it, I’ll be there soon- Bye.” And Namjoon knows the conversation will have to wait.  Every time Jungkook goes help Taehyung with a photoshoot he stays there all day taking and retaking pictures. 

 

“Bye Hyung!” Jungkook yells as he throws his dirty bowl in the sink, shoving his clean laundry into his backpack and rushing out the door with his camera. Namjoon barely gets to say goodbye before Jungkook has closed the door, leaving Namjoon to sweep the blood on the floor. He briefly wonders how Jungkook manages to look so lively now when he looked like he’d been run over by a dozen trucks just a few hours ago. 

 

° ° ° 🕷 ° ° °

 

“I honestly don’t know what to do with him anymore.” Namjoon complains to his coworkers, Seokjin and Hoseok, as he flips through the notes on his notepad. Hoseok shrugs.

 

“Just let him be.” He suggest unhelpfully. 

 

“Hobi, he is going to die .” Namjoon groans, frowning as he scratches something off the paper. 

 

“I’m not sure he’ll listen to you anyway Namjoonie,” Jin comments. They’ve had similar conversations countless of times and Jin doesn’t know what advice to give him anymore. Jin and Hoseok have briefly met Jungkook once or twice when they’ve hung out at Namjoon’s apartment, and it seems to them like he might be too much of a mess for Namjoon to fix. But they’ve known Namjoon for long enough to understand he is not giving up. “Seems to me like Jungkook’s ears are tube connected to one another so words don’t even reach his brain.” 

 

Namjoon shakes his head with a chuckle, he can’t deny he feels like that might be true sometimes but he also knows Jungkook is not only smart but absolutely brilliant when he wants to be.  

 

“I just don’t know how to make him understand it’s unhealthy for him to be so obsessed with Spiderman,” Namjoon says with a frown. “I don’t mind hearing about him all day but he is seriously getting badly hurt from doing his whole superhero wannabe act in the middle of the night.” Namjoon scribbles random words on his notepad as he speaks. “And this Spiderman guy seems so careless sometimes. I don’t think he is the best role model. Like the other day with the bus incident!” He rummages through the papers on his desk, finding a different notepad and flipping through its pages. “Yeah! Three injured, and the city had so much spiderweb to clean up from the cite.” He reads from his notes. “I mean, I don’t hate the guy but he never even attempts to clean after himself or anything. Just leaves his mess behind. And seriously, that’s exactly what Jungkook does! You have no idea how much blood I had to sweep this morning-” 

 

Hoseok and Jin let him talk for a moment, amused smiles on their faces as they nod and let Namjoon say everything that is on his chest. 

 

“At least he did the laundry now but I had to scrub so hard to get the dry blood off the bathroom wall and lightswitch. I don’t even mind cleaning, it’s relaxing really, but he was so bruised up last night, and there was this huge gash on his leg and I’d love to know how the fuck that happened, did someone bring a knife to a fistfight? He’s just so stupid, the whole house was so bloody and I had to clean while he went take pictures of his hot not-boyfriend.” 

 

Ahh, so that’s the real problem. Hoseok and Jin share a knowing look before Jin finally interrupts him. 

 

“So when are you going to ask him to marry you?” Namjoon stops talking, the pen he was holding flies from his suddenly sweaty grip. He shakes his head, face burning red. 

 

“I don’t-” Namjoon starts but Hoseok stops him.

 

“Aha, sure, you don’t like him. Of course, and Yoongi and Jimin are totally not banging right now.” Hoseok waves his hand dismissively. Jin laughs, picking up Namjoon’s pen. 

 

“Joonie, the faster you admit it to yourself, the easier it’ll be to tell him. And a nice small date would be a good place to start your thousand step plan culminating on you guys growing old together.” Jin tells him, but Namjoon isn’t so sure. Namjoon knows he has a crush on Jungkook. He admitted it to himself ages ago and it hasn’t made it any easier to tell Jungkook. 

 

“I don’t have a thousand-” Namjoon starts with a pout, feeling his face heating up and glancing at one of the closed drawers of his desk.

 

“Namjoon!” His boss yells from the door of his office, abruptly stopping his train of thought. The three of them turn to him, expecting to get scolded for gossiping instead of working. “Great job on today’s front page.” He says instead, with a thrilled smile as he waves that day’s newspaper around. Namjoon shyly lifts a hand to acknowledge the praise and shrinks back in his chair as soon as the man returns to his office. 

 

“See? You guys make a great team already!” Hoseok says as he pats Namjoon in the back encouragingly while Jin finds a copy of the newspaper on a nearby desk. 

 

“It’s a great picture.” He says, passing it to Hoseok. “He always takes great pictures, I wonder how he manages to take those shots.” He mumbles, continuing to examine the printed photograph over Hoseok’s shoulder. 

 

“He’s never told me.” Namjoon says, going back to scribbling on his notepad. “He always gets weird when I ask him, like I could steal his secret. I don’t even know how to hold a camera.” He laughs.

 

“It’d be nice if he sold the really good shots to us instead of to The Daily Bugle.” Hoseok says, putting the newspaper down. “Can’t believe he calls himself such a big fan of Spiderman and supports that awful source.”

 

Namjoon laughs, tired at this point of hearing Jungkook complain about that exact same thing. 

 

“As much as he has to fight them for his money sometimes, they pay well.” Namjoon shrugs. “Trust me, he’s not crazy about that either.” With that Jin’s phone starts ringing, he gives Hoseok a look and they both make their way to their own desks to finally start working. 

 

Namjoon sighs, his gaze drifting to the newspaper that Hoseok left at the border of his desk. He stares at the picture of Spiderman swinging through some unnamed avenue. Namjoon frowns and flips the newspaper over, Jungkook’s name printed in a tiny font under the picture haunting him. 

Chapter Text

Namjoon walks through the streets of New York with his hands in his pockets. The coat he is wearing, although one of his favourites, feels too light now that the wind has picked up and some snow has started to fall. It’s already dark and immediately after stepping out of the dinner he works in, his cheeks turned red from the cold and every breath he takes became visible. 

 

He can already hear Jungkook scolding him for taking an evening shift again but he needs money to pay the rent. Maybe Namjoon wouldn’t have to take up more shifts if Jungkook stopped getting fired from all his part-time jobs.

 

He starts walking a little faster, lost in his mental argument with hypothetical Jungkook. What's Jungkook gonna know? Namjoon is the older one here, he knows how to take care of himself. He clutches the keys in his pocket with his gloved hand as he tells himself this. Namjoon has lived in this part of the city longer than Jungkook, screw him, thinking he can scold Namjoon for his questionable choices.

 

A thought occurs to him then, a way to beat Jungkook’s annoyance before they even start arguing. So he takes a sharp turn left and heads for a bakery.

 

Jimin greets him from the counter when he arrives and Namjoon waves back, pulling his scarf down a little and making his way to the cookies he is looking for. Spiderman shaped cookies are the fastest way to Jungkook’s heart. Especially the ones Jimin bakes. 

 

“It’s a little late.” Jimin comments as he carefully places Namjoon’s cookies inside a cardboard box to which the other waves a hand dismissively.

 

“Aha, Jimin I’m like twice your size, I believe I should be the one concerned of how you’ll get home and not the other way around.” He says smugly, enjoying the way Jimin fails to hide his surprise and struggles to find a comeback to that. Even if Jimin won’t say it, they both know Yoongi will come pick him up. Jimin only hums in disagreement as he takes the money Namjoon hands him. 

 

“I’m just saying, I know you have a long way to go.” He hands Namjoon the box of cookies. “Take care, Hyung. Don’t take any more detours.” He warns. Namjoon smiles and agrees as he takes the box, knowing Jimin is only looking out for him and that, unlike himself, has a ride home, probably the safest ride in the whole city at that.

 

The streets are so cold compared to the warm and sweet inside of Jimin’s bakery. Namjoon sighs, fixing his scarf and making his way home. 

 

Every step he takes sounds so loud in the fresh wet snow and relatively empty streets. He walks fast because he can feel the cold creeping inside his clothes and he just wants to be nice and warm in his bed at this point. 

 

However, he is soon made aware of the fact he won’t be getting home as soon as he would like. 

 

“Give me your wallet!” A man barks, pointing his knife at Namjoon menacingly. 

 

Namjoon is a tall, broad guy, people don’t normally pick fights with him because of this, but that is not to say he knows how to fight or deal with confrontation. He is about to let out the loudest, most high-pitched scream of his life when someone else covers his mouth from behind, presses something against his ribs, and tugs him towards an alley. 

 

“Your wallet, bitch!” The man with the knife repeats, waving his weapon around.

 

“His coat looks nice.” The other man mentions, pressing harder against Namjoon’s side with what he imagines, but can only pray is not a gun. Namjoon is trying to get his Keroppi wallet — a prank gift from Jungkook last Christmas that proved to be really useful when he lost his last fancy wallet — out of his pants. He really is trying, but he is shaking so much he can barely control his hand.

 

“Yeah, give us your coat too!” Knife-man says and Namjoon manages to wiggle out of his coat to hand it over to the man. “Is your wallet here?” He asks, violently pulling it from Namjoon’s grasp. He nods frantically, hoping they believe and leave him alone. Namjoon clutches the box of cookies to his chest, undoubtedly crushing all of them. 

 

The robbers bite onto his lie, the man behind him then hits him with the barrel of his gun on the back of his head before letting him go and for a moment everything is spinning. Namjoon tries to lean against one of the walls for support but he miscalculates how far he actually is from it and ends up crashing face-first against it. 

 

“Aww are you guys leaving? I was just about to join the party!” A new voice speaks from somewhere behind and above Namjoon.

 

“Fuck off spider-kid.” Knife-man warns. 

 

“Oh, but you guys are taking my friend’s very cute coat. That’s not very nice.”

 

“Gun” Namjoon barely gets to choke out when he sees the man pointing it somewhere over his head before he is shooting.

 

“Woah, woah, you brought a gun? I thought this would be a clean fight. Bruh, you guys sure don’t play fair.” Spiderman chuckles as he easily dodges the man’s shots until he runs out of bullets. “My turn!” He says in a voice too cheerful for the situation. 

 

Namjoon is now curled against the wall, holding the box of cookies as if they’re some sort of shield keeping him alive. He can hear Spiderman as he fights with the robbers, jumping around on the walls, punching them and shooting webs. Namjoon doesn’t dare open his eyes, he is very scared and also very fucking cold. 

 

He stays pressed against the wall until he is shivering so hard he can hardly stay still, his muscles feel stiff and the fight quiets down. He lifts his gaze slowly from the ground and finds Spiderman has trapped the robbers like flies on a web against the wall of the building opposite to him. Spiderman himself is making his way over, with Namjoon’s coat in one hand and his phone in the other. Namjoon hadn’t even noticed they’d taken his phone. 

 

Spiderman kneels in front of him and offers the coat to him. “Are you alright?” He asks as Namjoon hurries to put it on. Namjoon only nods. “Did they hurt you?” Namjoon shakes his head, standing up, his head still hurts. Spiderman has a very nice voice, he can’t say why but it’s very soothing to hear him talk, and for some reason it makes Namjoon happy to hear him worry. 

 

“Thank you.” He mumbles, nodding his head in the direction of the trapped criminals. 

 

“Of course, Hyung!” Spiderman laughs but stops quickly. “I- uh- I mean, I have to go. Be safe. Bye bye!” He shoots a web above and in an instant, he is gone. Namjoon stands there for a moment, not too worried about Spiderman’s use of the honorific. He just saved him, so Namjoon almost considers him close enough to use it. It’s also flattering in a way. 

 

Namjoon hurries out of the alley when one of the robbers gurgles something unintelligible, reminding him they are still there.

 

° ° ° 🕷 ° ° °

 

By the time Namjoon gets home, it’s snowing again. His hair and coat are damp and he struggles to open the door of their apartment because he is still shivering. While he walked the rest of the way Namjoon could only think about Spiderman. There was something about him, something that felt familiar and comforting. He is a little embarrassed to admit it but maybe he now understands why people always talk like they’re in love with him after he has rescued them. 

 

Maybe that’s why Jungkook is so obsessed with him. Namjoon pushes the door open with a frown. Maybe Spiderman rescued him once and that is why Jungkook keeps getting into trouble at night, because he wants to meet him again. Namjoon isn’t sure he’d be able to compete against Spiderman for Jungkook’s heart, he hopes Jungkook isn’t insane enough to be looking for something with the superhero but at the very least he hopes there’s enough space for the both of them.

 

“Hyung! God, are you okay? where were you?” Jungkook yells, jumping from his spot on the couch and running to meet him at the entrance. 

 

“I, yeah I was working. Uh, I got you some cookies on the way but they’re a little, uh…” He hands Jungkook the box, now completely crushed from how hard Namjoon was squeezing it like his life depended on it. “Yeah, I got caught up with something.” He says vaguely. Jungkook takes the box and pulls Namjoon into a hug. 

 

It’s nice. It’s familiar and comforting.  

 

“Hyung I’ve asked you like a billion times to stop taking these shifts. I was so worried I was about to go look for you.” Namjoon smiles, patting Jungkook’s back in an attempt to calm him. 

 

“I’m alright, don’t worry. I met Spiderman.” Namjoon says rather nonchalantly and Jungkook backs away from him.

 

“Oh! I… uh- really?” Jungkook stutters, trying to regain his composure as he pretends to be smooth and lean against a wall, changing his pose a couple of times, trying to seem relaxed.

 

“Yeah, he was… nice.” Namjoon says hesitantly and then nods. He then takes off his damp coat and the sweater he is wearing underneath, feeling too warm inside their apartment. He enjoys the way Jungkook’s face turns redder, first because of the statement, and then because of the way Namjoon’s exposed arms flex as he takes off the sweater. Then he snaps out of it, going back to awkwardly leaning against the wall. 

 

“Hyung, come on!” Jungkook argues and Namjoon smiles, already expecting what he’ll say next. “Just nice?” Jungkook almost whines frustrated, kind of defensively.

 

“Well, I mean we didn’t get to talk much, so I wouldn’t know. But he was fine.” He says with a laugh and Jungkook hums in disagreement, shaking his head and glaring at the ground. Namjoon wouldn’t insult Spiderman in front of Jungkook —especially not now that he has met him— but he enjoys pretending the superhero isn’t a big deal, it always frustrates Jungkook when he does that.   

 

“But that reminds me about the other night,” Namjoon says more seriously, remembering the conversation he still needs to have with Jungkook. He crosses his arms over his chest and gives Jungkook a look that makes him think it is better not to argue back. “Jungkook.” He says sternly to get his attention again because the younger has started to fidget with his fingers and looking everywhere but Namjoon. “I don’t think-“ He sighs, not knowing how to finish that sentence, so he decides to start over. “You worry me, Kook. Please don’t go looking for trouble in the middle of the night. I don’t like you being in danger.” 

 

And Namjoon imagines he is misinterpreting his actions but Jungkook fucking starts laughing. Right in Namjoon’s sincerely worried face.

 

“Hyung!” Jungkook is still giggling and Namjoon’s frown deepens, incredibly confused. “Hyung, Hyung, trust me, I don't go looking for trouble, trouble finds me on it’s own.”

 

Namjoon blinks at Jungkook surprised, having half expected him to take the conversation more seriously. Jungkook notices the look Namjoon is giving him and sighs before continuing more seriously too.

 

“It’s not a big deal, I just ran into more intense things than I expected the other night.” He shrugs like Namjoon hadn’t thought he was on the verge of death for a hot minute. “But I’m okay, and I’ll be okay, you don’t have to worry about it.” He says reassuringly, but it does little to reassure Namjoon.

 

“It’s not okay. And I do have to worry.” He argues back, eyebrows furrowing as he tries to explain. “Look, it is a big deal because I can hear you struggling every night and I know you don’t like me helping you but you really worry me Kookie. I don’t like hearing you like that and it pains me to not be able to help. I’m scared for you, I want to help you!” 

 

Jungkook only stares at him in silence for a moment, weighing his words in his mind.

 

“Every night?” He asks quietly, almost shy and Namjoon nods.

 

“I can hear you come in and bump against all the walls.” He rubs at the side of his neck, feeling awkward now that he is admitting these things.

 

“I- uhh, how long have you known?” Jungkook asks, nibbling on his lower lip nervously.

 

“A while. But that’s not the point, I just… um I can’t- I can’t sleep knowing you’re not okay or in danger. I wish you’d stop. Or that you at least trusted me enough to let me help you.” Namjoon mumbles the last part, truly heartbroken at the fact.

 

It’s crushingly awkwardly silent after Namjoon says that. They both stand there looking wide-eyed at the ground processing the words, not knowing what to say to each other anymore. 

 

Namjoon hates the feeling, he hates the silence, he hates himself for admitting he cares so deeply for Jungkook and thinking he doesn’t trust him. He hates that his brain is immediately jumping to conclusions and assuming Jungkook is feeling the opposite of him. He hates that with every silent second that goes by he believes it more.

 

Namjoon clears his throat finally, wanting now more than ever for the earth to split in half and swallow him whole. “Well um, never mind,” He forces an awkward laugh. “I’m going to go put these somewhere...” he lightly lifts his damp clothes and tries to walk past Jungkook and head to his room as quickly as possible.

 

Jungkook doesn’t let him. 

 

In an instant he turns and traps Namjoon against the wall, forcing him to press his back against it in surprise when he puts his hands on either side of his head. Namjoon swallows thickly, trying to decipher the look on Jungkook’s face. Is he angry? No. Incredibly embarrassed? Probably.

 

“I trust you.” Jungkook says, lifting his gaze and looking at Namjoon with sincerity. “Hyung, I trust you more than I do anyone else.” Namjoon can feel his eyes burning, he doesn’t want to cry because that’d be stupid and embarrassing but he is still panicked, unsure if he offended Jungkook, or worse, if he hurt him. But Jungkook’s eyes are watering more than his, and although his cheeks are burning with embarrassment Jungkook refuses to turn away. “And I need you to trust me when I tell you that I can’t stop doing this, that I need to do it, especially during the night.” Namjoon nods, barely even grasping the words, Jungkook’s voice cracks. “But I, I don’t want you to worry. I’ll try to stay out of trouble. Yeah? For you, um, and I’ll ask for your help, I could really use it sometimes and I do want you to help me. But I need to do this.” Namjoon nods again, heart aching to gently brush away the tear that slips down Jungkook’s cheek. 

 

Neither of them moves. But they both want to. They’re both itching to get closer. Namjoon glances at Jungkook’s arms on either side of his head. While Jungkook looks at his lips.

 

“Hyung, can I kiss you?” He says it both so shyly and so confidently at the same time Namjoon feels like he’s getting whiplash just from his voice. For a moment they don’t move, but Namjoon really doesn’t have to think too much about it. He leans forward and presses their lips together. He’d been wanting to do it for a long time now.

 

Namjoon drops his coat to the ground at their feet, desperately needing to touch Jungkook now. His hands go to Jungkook’s cheeks, cradling his face and brushing with his thumbs the tears that slip more freely from his eyes now. 

 

Jungkook is initially taken back by the amount of physical contact, but he quickly recovers from the surprise. His hands fall to Namjoon’s hips, tugging him closer. Jungkook kisses him like this is the one and only time he’ll be able to. Namjoon smiles at the thought, and laughs when Jungkook whines because he broke the kiss. 

 

Namjoon pulls him into a hug, savouring the sweet moment, the feeling of Jungkook safe and warm in his arms. 

 

“I really like you.” Jungkook mumbles in a pout against Namjoon’s shoulder. 

 

“I really like you too, Kookie.” Namjoon is scared to hug Jungkook too tightly, worried he still has painful injuries. 

 

“If I ask you to go on a date please, please say yes.” Jungkook pleads jokingly but with a hint of actual fear. Namjoon chuckles, endeared.

 

“I’ll think about it.” He jokes, earning a pinch on his side form Jungkook. “Of course I’d love to.” He says softly, pressing a kiss to the side of Jungkook’s head. Namjoon isn’t usually very good at showing affection, but he can’t help it with Jungkook, he feels like he shouldn’t hold back, he deserves all of his love. Jungkook giggles excitedly and nuzzles closer to Namjoon. 

 

Jungkook’s phone rings with a notification, ruining the moment. Jungkook turns his head in the direction of the couch, glancing at his phone. It rings again twice. Jungkook groans, letting go of Namjoon and going to see who dared interrupt their moment. He dreads looking at the screen though, already expecting what the notification will be. 

 

“Ugh, I wish I were Jared, 19 right now.” Namjoon stares curiously as Jungkook complains, glancing at the clock in the kitchen. Jungkook turns back to him with an exaggerated pout. “I need to go deal with something.” He complains, visibly upset about having to leave. 

 

Namjoon smiles and picks up his coat and sweater from the ground. He walks over to Jungkook, gently puts a hand on his shoulder and kisses his cheek. 

 

“Please take care.” He tells him, his words fanning over his warm skin. Jungkook nods, giving Namjoon a toothy smile and daring to press a quick kiss to his lips. 

 

Then his phone starts ringing, with the annoying Spiderman jingle that makes Namjoon smile. Jungkook picks up hastily, barely letting a few notes ring.

 

“Yes, I’m on my way. I’m going!” Jungkook picks up his backpack from the ground next to the window and leaves, clearly still annoyed with the person on the phone but also cowering back when they seemingly start scolding him. 

 

Namjoon smiles when Jungkook turns to him before closing the door smiling and waving at him. “Yes, I know what an emergency is. I said I’m on my way!” Is the last thing he hears Jungkook say before the door closes. Once he is alone Namjoon makes his way to his room, worried in the back of his mind about his cute bunny teethed boy and wondering what kind of emergency he needed to go deal with with so much urgency. 

 

He decides to take a warm shower before going to bed and even after that and when he gets back to his room he is still feeling giddy when his mind drifts to Jungkook. Namjoon is drying his hair with a towel, he picks up his phone and scrolls through the emergency alerts in the news, some insane guy attacking the opposite side of the city. His mind barely has time to worry about Jungkook when a flashing light blinds him, there’s a loud explosion next to him and he flies back, forced to the ground by an invisible force. 

 

His ears are ringing, he can feel the cold air from the outside all around him, immediately notices through his blurry vision that one of his walls is missing and the shadow of a person that approaches him. Namjoon tries desperately to stay awake, but everything is blurry and spinning and slowly fading to black until he can’t think about worrying anymore.

Chapter Text

Namjoon’s head is pounding with a borderline unbearable headache. He blinks his eyes a couple of times, feeling groggy and dizzy and unable to really see anything clearly. He tries to clean the drool he feels dribble from the corner of his mouth and notices his hands are tied to the arms of a chair with duct tape. Namjoon looks at his wrists and blinks confused, why are his arms tied? He feels too heavy to move and to think, it’s like his brain is made out of warm jelly, like it’s taking all of his brainpower to even breath.

 

Namjoon struggles to take another look around the dimly lit room, it’s dirty and seems mostly abandoned, the still ambience only perturbed by Namjoon’s presence. It looks to be some sort of old warehouse, but he really can’t see much because his eyes refuse to focus and it feels like his brain is being powered by an old snail. Namjoon smiles at the thought, knowing it’s something Jungkook would have said. 

 

Jungkook.

 

Namjoon blinks a little quicker, suddenly panicked at the thought of his precious Jungkook being in danger or even just afraid of not knowing where Namjoon is. He can’t do this to him twice on the same night! It only briefly crosses his mind that it’s bizarre for him to be worried about Jungkook when he is the one being held hostage at an unknown location. 

 

Namjoon tries his best to struggle against his restraints, squirming on the chair and trying to free his hands. But he feels like he is moving way too slowly for it to be even remotely effective, and he stops abruptly when the sound of footsteps echo through the room.

 

“Ah! It seems like our guest is finally awake.” Someone says, approaching him from behind. Their voice sounds altered, electronic but human at the same time. Namjoon tilts his head back, craning his neck in an attempt to see the person speaking. “A pleasure for you to see me like this.” The man dramatically walks in a circle around Namjoon, pointing at himself he is showing off his appearance.

 

“I believe we finally have the right person. You don’t know how much we’ve been looking for someone like you, Namjoonie.” Namjoon blinks at the man. He wants to talk. He would like to ask how this person knows his name but all of his vocal organs refuse to cooperate. His mind is too preoccupied taking the sight of the man in to even start thinking about actually speaking, so all he does is stare. 

 

“Seems like you’re still a bit drugged,” The man laughs and the sound is familiar, it makes Namjoon relax even in the frightening situation. “you’re usually so fast witted Joonie.” He says poking Namjoon’s forehead. “But I’m sorry, we need you pliant like this, dear, otherwise you’d be too smart for my stupid henchmen.” The man is wearing a suit that covers his whole body, it looks metal, like a more elegant and less bulky Iron-Man. He also immediately noticed the dramatic cape that flows behind him, it feels like more of a fashion statement than anything. Namjoon smiles because the man holds his face by his chin and he has a helmet that reminds him of Daft Punk. The man chuckles, letting go of Namjoon’s face and steps back, placing his hands behind his back. 

 

“My sweet Namjoon, I need you to tell us where Spider-Man is.” Namjoon frowns, tilting his head to the side. He has only talked to him once, how would he know where to find him? His confusion is probably evident on his face because his kidnaper continues. “You don’t have to pretend, Namjoon. I’m certain you must know him.” A bigger, scarier and suitless man gives his kidnapper a file. The file is placed on Namjoon’s lap and his kidnapper flips through the pages, which Namjoon recognises to be cutouts of his articles on Spider-man. They have been marked with what Namjoon assumes they think are clues. The file is suddenly taken from his lap before he can even fully understand what they want him to get from them. 

 

“You see, Namjoon, we’ve invited other guests here before, people like you.” Namjoon’s eyes widen, the danger of the situation suddenly weighing down on him. He knows about this, for weeks has been keeping track of reporters who have been going missing. And somehow his brain manages to suddenly understand these have all been Spider-Man centred reporters, he personally knew plenty of them. “and none of them have been willing to cooperate.” The man sighs sadly as he shakes his head and hands the file back to the other person. This man is insane, Namjoon doubts any of those reporters could’ve known who Spider-Man is. “So, I will now leave you with my friend here.” He signals for the scarier man to step forward, and pats his arm sweetly. “So he can persuade you to be cooperative with us. We need those drugs to stop being so effective so you can talk to us. And we also need you to see how serious we are before we start asking questions.” The man laughs again, making his way behind Namjoon, where he presumes a door must be. 

 

Namjoon has a moment to curse Spider-Man for unknowingly putting him in this situation before he receives a painful punch to the jaw that has him seeing stars.

 

° ° ° 🕷 ° ° °

 

Namjoon can feel the blood dripping from his mouth. He can think clearer now, but it is still very difficult to focus. His right arm was mercilessly broken with a hammer and he has been punched so much he wouldn’t be surprised to find all of his skin bruised by now. 

 

“Where is he?” Namjoon shakes his head, even breathing hurts at this point. He has been asked all sorts of things related to Spider-Man’s secret identity, earning a punch every time he can’t answer. Namjoon doesn’t know what to do or say to make his captor believe he doesn’t know anything about the superhero that isn’t public knowledge. He chokes back a painful groan when he receives another strike on his stomach. 

 

“Namjoonie, this hurts me as much as it hurts you, trust me” The suited man says, Namjoon highly doubts that. “And this can all be over fast and easy. All you need to do is tell me something about the Spider-Man kid, anything I don’t know already.” Namjoon spits blood at the ground by the man’s feet. 

 

“I don’t know anything about him.” He says pitifully. 

 

“There must be something you can tell us, otherwise we will have to move on. I don’t like carrying dead weight.” Namjoon isn’t even scared of dying at this point, if anything it’d be relieving compared to the pain he is in right now. It is incredibly frustrating for his mind to be moving so slowly, worsened by the throbbing pain he feels all over. He shakes his head again. 

 

“Why don’t you break one of his fingers? Maybe that’ll help him remember.” The man wiggles his hands in front of Namjoon’s face comically. Namjoon doesn’t get to process the words before it’s done, he screams loudly, fighting against his restraints. His wrists have swollen so much with his struggling it burns every time he so much as twitches. He breathes heavily, desperately trying to cope with the pain and stay awake. It seems like reality is slipping away and he doubts he will have any chance of surviving if he passes out now. 

 

“Hmm, well I didn’t want to do this but maybe we should ask your photographer friend. We can invite him over next week, so he has some time to reflect on your death.” Namjoon tries to look up but his body feels stiff, he is terrified and can’t move. 

 

Jungkook. He can’t let them hurt Jungkook. 

 

“Glad you have no objection. You can get rid of him now.” Namjoon can hear the man starting to walk away again and he starts shaking, the pain being the last thing on his mind now.

 

“No” He manages to choke out. He looks up to find the man still standing in front of him, waiting. 

 

“Hmm? are you ready to talk?” Namjoon takes a shaky breath. He has no idea what he can say but he has to protect Jungkook. He needs to.

 

“I-” Namjoon frowns as he racks his brain, trying to think of something, anything he could’ve learned in his research that would be a lead into Spider-Man’s identity. He feels bad, and it may be morally wrong to consider Jungkook more important than a literal superhero but Namjoon can’t help but be selfish, he loves Jungkook too much no to be. 

 

“Come on Joonie, you can do it. If you help us I promise we will leave you and your photographer friend alone.” The man encourages, squeezing Namjoon’s cheeks with his hands, causing him to wince. 

 

“I’m- I, uhh he…” Namjoon stutters, his mouth tastes a lot like blood and his jaw aches. The man tilts his head, expectantly. 

 

The man leans closer to speak against Namjoon’s ear. “You see, Joonie, I have ways of finding what I need. And I will not give up until I do.”  He straightens up again, grabbing the hammer from the ground. 

 

“Now, are you going to tell me where Spider-Man is?”

 

“What do you mean? I’m right here!” The superhero says cheerfully, waving from a high window. Namjoon wants to glare at him for sounding so careless but he admits it’s cute. It relaxes him to know Spider-Man is here, he doesn’t need to say anything now, Jungkook is out of danger. 

 

The rest of the night goes by real quick to Namjoon’s drugged brain. It may be because he feels safer now that he struggles to keep up with Spider-Man as he fights the henchmen that surround him. 

 

Spider-Man is clearly distracted, Namjoon has seen enough footage of him fighting people to know this. He keeps looking back towards Namjoon and it earns him multiple punches he could’ve easily dodged. 

 

It’s not until Spider-Man has successfully knocked everyone out or at least restrained them that they both realize Namjoon’s main kidnapper is nowhere to be found. 

 

“Fucking hell, that asshole got away again!” Spider-Man rants in frustration for a bit. Namjoon smiles, having the unexplainable urge to calm him like he does Jungkook when he loses an exciting match in one of his videogames. He wants to laugh, but he can hardly breathe so he starts coughing instead. This alerts Spider-Man of his presence and the boy is by him in an instant.

 

“Oh Hyung,” He says heartbroken as he helps Namjoon out of his restraints. “I’m so fucking sorry, please don’t move. Emergency services are on their way, okay?” He speaks so gently Namjoon feels like it’d be safe to stop trying to stay conscious now. “Oh god!” Spider-Man says as he notices Namjoon’s grossly broken arm and is unsure of how to approach the duct tape around his wrist. Then he gently cradles Namjoon’s face in his hands once his hands and legs are untied. “Fuck, fuck, please don’t hate me. Please.” Spider-Man’s words make little sense to Namjoon, and he isn’t sure if this is just because of the unbelievable amounts of suffering and drugs he is currently under, or if they’d make no sense regardless. All he really knows is that it hurts to hear him talk like this, sounding like he is crying under the mask and struggling to keep himself together too. Namjoon can hear the nearing sirens, but they sound so distant. He struggles to lift his hand and gently place it over Spider-Man’s.

 

“You’re being weird in front of the bad guys.” Namjoon says as his vision starts spinning more violently. “I think I will pass out now.” And he does, his ears feel like they are full of cotton as police officers and paramedics rush into the room. Spider-Man fleeing the scene the moment the door opens. Watching from a nearby rooftop until he is certain Namjoon is safely on his way to the hospital.

Chapter 5: Chapter 5

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Namjoon wakes up with his whole body aching. He stares at the now-familiar plain white ceiling for a moment, mentally preparing himself to deal with the pain that it’ll be to change positions. He takes a deep breath and starts moving on the bed, pressing the buttons on the side of it so that he’ll be able to sit up comfortably. Namjoon can’t believe he gets to leave the hospital today, everything still hurts a lot. But he has no idea how long he has been here, has been unconscious most of the time and he doesn’t know where his phone is. Namjoon struggles to sit up not only because of the pain, but also because there are bandages on his wrists, ankles and around his chest, a cast on his arm, and so many bruises everywhere on his skin. 

 

“Oh fuck!” Namjoon yells surprised, making everything ache again when he jerks back. He thought he was alone and of all the people he could’ve imagined to find waiting for him to wake up Yoongi certainly wasn’t anywhere near the top of that list. “Ouch, shit Hyung, why are you here?” He asks confused, soothingly rubbing under his ribs and settling back into a more comfortable position. 

 

“I’m here to pick you up.” Yoongi states like it’s obvious. “Your building was pretty badly damaged that night so you’re staying with me. But don’t worry, I’m already working on the repairs.” Namjoon stares at him in silence and frowns confused.

 

“What?” They have never really been close, Namjoon had only met Yoongi a handful of times before today so he doesn’t understand why he’d be doing any of this. Unless this was a benefit of being close friends with Jimin. It’s not too hard to imagine he’d insist his multimillionaire superhero boyfriend help his friend in need. But considering the pain brought on him by someone thinking he was even close to Spiderman Namjoon isn’t sure he wants any more superhero friends. Especially not Iron-Man.

 

“Just say thank you, Namjoon. It’s easier.” Yoongi stands up and leaves a bag next to Namjoon on the bed. “Here are your clothes, I’ll wait outside while you change.” And with that, he leaves the room and Namjoon pulls out the clothes from the bag. He doesn’t recognize them as being his but they are his size. 

 

Namjoon figures there's no real reason for him to argue and decline Yoongi’s help, so he gets on his feet painfully slowly. He struggles to get dressed, luckily Yoongi seemed to anticipate this and brought him a pair of soft pants and a white shirt, nothing too complicated to put on with his cast and bandages. Namjoon barely manages to put his socks on and is on the verge of tears trying to tie his sneakers up when Yoongi walks back in. 

 

“Tch, you’re going to hurt yourself.” Yoongi scolds, kneeling to tie Namjoon’s shoes himself. 

 

Yoongi helps him collect the rest of his belongings and guides him out to the hospital’s entrance, where a fancy limousine is waiting for them. Namjoon feels happy to finally be out of bed and out of the sterilised ambient of the hospital, it feels nice to breathe in the city air and hear the incessant honking of the New York streets. They don’t talk again until they are sitting comfortably in the back of the car on their way to one of Yoongi’s properties. 

 

“Did Jimin ask you to help me?” Namjoon asks suddenly, his curiosity getting the best of him. Yoongi laughs. “Oh but I didn’t mean to sound rude, I’m honestly very thankful to have your help, Hyung.”

 

“Don’t worry about it. Yeah. Although I wouldn’t exactly say he asked me, more like he threatened me if I didn’t.” Yoongi explains.

 

“Mmm, Jimin can be scary.” Namjoon agrees, making Yoongi laugh again and laughing along with him this time. 

 

“Sometimes. But I wouldn’t advise you to say that to his face. I’m not sure even I’d be able to save you from an angry Jimin.” Namjoon chuckles, it’s funny to think his small cute friend Jimin could scare even Iron-Man himself. They sit in silence for a moment until Yoongi sighs.

 

“But I would’ve helped regardless. I’m also doing it for Jungkook.” He says more seriously and Namjoon tenses up. In however long he’d been at the hospital Jungkook hadn’t visited him once. And Namjoon had been conflicted about that, on one hand, he was very worried Jungkook could be hurt or even missing, and on the other, if this wasn’t the case he was annoyed at him for not bothering to come see him. Knowing Jungkook is safe with Yoongi Namjoon can’t help but feel even more irritated. “He wouldn’t stop crying about it but refused to go see you.” Yoongi tells him with a sigh. “He is having a hard time, but he’s also being stupid and won’t listen to me. Like I haven’t been perfectly mentoring him this long.” Namjoon is surprised to hear that, he hadn’t known Yoongi and Jungkook were close, much less that he was mentoring him on something. “So I’m bringing you to him. So that you guys can talk and he can see how I’ve been right all along.”

 

Namjoon stays quiet. He wants to see Jungkook, he really does but he also doesn’t understand what went so wrong after they kissed that Jungkook refused to visit him while he was unconscious and suffering at the hospital. Namjoon isn’t sure he’ll like the answer. He knows the most likely explanation is that Jungkook regrets it. That he realised he didn’t like Namjoon that way and that kissing him was a mistake but now can’t face Namjoon because he is too scared to take it back. Namjoon hopes with every cell in his body that the answer will be different, that he is being dumb by being logical about Jungkook. So many times has he been wrong to try and rationally explain his behaviour, he hope the younger will prove him wrong again. Still, he can’t help but be afraid. 

 

Namjoon doesn’t regret it, not one bit, but if Jungkook does... Namjoon only knows he will do everything in his power to save Jungkook from any and all discomfort and pain, even if it means he’ll be the one having to go through it.

 

They arrive not much later, and Namjoon can only be amazed at the size of the building for a brief moment because Yoongi walks fast. He shows Namjoon to his room, which turns out to be about the size of his and Jungkook’s entire apartment. But they are far from downtown New York now so he imagines the sizes of the houses are generally more reasonable, although this is still an exaggeration. Namjoon feels like he is dreaming as he walks through the entire room, curiously opening the door to the bathroom and the walk-in closet only to be once again amazed by their size. 

 

“I hope you’ll be comfortable here for the time being. Don’t worry, it shouldn’t be for too long. I’ll make sure you’re both back home as soon as possible. I know not even I can keep Jungkook away from danger for too long.” Namjoon looks at Yoongi confused but the other turns to someone who looks like a maid and pays him no mind.

 

“Is he on the roof again?” Yoongi asks and the lady nods. “Alright. Joon, this way.” He guides Namjoon to a door on the side of the building and instructs him to go upstairs to the roof to find Jungkook. “Should’ve named himself Pigeon-Man instead with how much he enjoys being up here.” He jokes and pushes Namjoon up a couple of steps, closing the door before he can even begin to process what Yoongi said. 

 

Namjoon frowns and rubs the side of his head, wondering if there’s something gravely wrong with his brain now and that is the reason Yoongi isn’t making any sense. He hesitates for a moment before beginning to climb up the stairs and making his way to the roof of the house. The view is beautiful, the sky looks clear and he can faintly make out the shape of the moon among the few clouds as the sun approaches the horizon. But the rooftop looks empty and Namjoon is about to turn around and leave when he spots someone sitting at the edge. 

 

Every step he takes closer to the figure is cautious, wondering if his eyes are deceiving him. A few steps away from the person he takes one last look around, making sure there isn’t anyone else up here. Because the person Namjoon finds himself with isn’t Jungkook but actually Spider-Man.

 

“Um…” he starts, leaning forward to look more closely at the superhero without closing the space between them. Spider-Man jumps in his spot, clearly startled to hear Namjoon’s voice so close. Huh? so much for an arachnid sense. 

 

“Hyung? What-?” He cocks his head to the side before suddenly realizing where they’re standing. Faster than Namjoon can follow the superhero gets on his feet and tugs Namjoon further from the edge. “Why are you up here? It’s dangerous, I'm sure you're still dizzy, you could fall!” Namjoon stands there as the hero continues to scold him. He blinks slowly trying to decipher whether what he is hearing is correct or if its a stretch. Because regardless of what Spiderman is saying Namjoon recognizes the annoyance and worry in his voice. It’s unmistakable, it’s exactly how Jungkook sounds when Namjoon steals from the fridge the last bottle of banana milk his aunt shipped him from Korea. Exactly how he sounds when Namjoon falls asleep in the university library and forgets to tell him where he’ll be so he is abruptly woken up by a very worried Jungkook’s fifth call to his phone. 

 

“Jungkook?” He interrupts finally. The superhero sighs exasperated and pulls his mask off, revealing Namjoon is right.

 

“Who else would it be, your grandma? Anyway, you’re not listening to me, please let’s go down it makes me nervous for you to be up here.” Jungkook tells him, continuing the conversation like Namjoon needs no time to process the reveal. His hair is a mess and his eyes are nothing but worried. Namjoon is deeply endeared, as he always is when Jungkook worries about him, but he’s also very shocked and consequently, very out of words. 

 

Namjoon remains still, now more seriously worrying about the state of his brain. Is he hallucinating? Or maybe he is dreaming. Is he still asleep at the hospital? But he can feel the breeze as it blows around him, and the warmth of the sun as it shines behind him. He raises a hand hesitantly, and pokes Jungkook’s cheek, interrupting him. 

 

“Wha-?” Jungkook looks at him confused.

 

“You’re Spiderman.” Namjoon states, words sounding insane as he speaks them. Jungkook frowns.

 

“Yeah. Joonie, are you feeling okay?” Jungkook asks concerned. And he talks like this is something they have discussed countless times before, like what Namjoon suddenly forgot is his name and not the fact he is the most popular masked superhero in the city. It makes Namjoon worry because maybe he did forget and that’s alarming, but it doesn’t feel like he is forgetting. It doesn’t seem like it’d be something he would forget.  

 

“Is this- is this why you didn’t come to see me at the hospital?” Namjoon asks before he can think too much about it. It shouldn’t make as much sense as it does but in retrospect it is so glaringly obvious. But Jungkook has built such a strong Spiderman fanboy persona around himself it’s easy to forgive and make up excuses when he slips and reveals a little too much about his identity, not that Namjoon has ever noticed him mess up other than when it was just the two of them. 

 

Jungkook is Spiderman. The Spiderman. 

 

Jungkook looks suddenly very uncomfortable. He looks at Namjoon’s hand in a cast, the bandages and bruises covering his skin like he is just now noticing them. He looks incredibly guilty as he stares at the ground, unable to look Namjoon in the eyes. He notices this and quickly understands the reason Jungkook didn’t come see him was guilt and not regret.

 

Namjoon doesn’t care. He doesn’t even care that this was something Jungkook was hiding from him. He never really blamed Spiderman for the state he is in now. He only worries about all the danger Jungkook is putting himself in all the time, but even that is just a thought in the back of his mind. Namjoon feels nothing but relieved. Once again Jungkook is proving him wrong for being logical. 

 

Namjoon smiles, closing the distance between them to press his lips against Jungkook’s. He smiles through the kiss, as he cups his cheek in his hand and pulls him closer. More than ever Namjoon just wants to be close to him. 

 

Jungkook breaks the kiss, holding onto the front of Namjoon’s shirt like his life depends on it and wanting to stop the shaking of his hands.

 

“You don’t hate me?” He sounds so small and scared and Namjoon wants to do nothing else but hide him from the world and comfort him for the rest of their lives if he needs to. 

 

“Of course not, Jungkook. I could never hate you. Ever. I was so worried. I thought you regretted telling me how you felt, that you maybe had realised you didn’t feel this way about me.” Jungkook gasps and furiously shakes his head like he doesn’t even want to let Namjoon’s words process in his brain. 

 

“No! Namjoon, I have loved you for so long.” Jungkook wraps his arms around Namjoon and holds him tightly. “I love you so much.” Namjoon can feel the way Jungkook’s shoulders shake as he sucks in shaky breaths, sobs, and hiccups. Namjoon wraps his arm around him, gently rubbing his back as he presses kisses to the side of his head and his shoulder. 

 

Jungkook is Spiderman. His mind reminds him. And he doesn’t care much about it, but he should. Namjoon feels like he might faint, his mind running at a million miles per second trying to catch up to everything that is happening, but the hug is so warm, so comforting, and so familiar Namjoon actually starts crying too.

 

° ° ° 🕷 ° ° °

 

They lay on Namjoon’s incredibly large bed in the incredibly large guest room Yoongi offered him. Jungkook is now wearing a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and has his head on Namjoon’s chest as he plays with his hair gently. Jungkook hasn’t stopped crying but the tears fall silently now and although the pressure slightly hurts Namjoon’s ribs there is no other place he would rather have Jungkook lay. Jungkook sobs a little and Namjoon holds him tighter. 

 

“Hyung don’t hate me.” He whimpers and Namjoon gently starts brushing his hair back again with his fingers.

 

“I could never hate you, Kookie.” He tells him for the millionth time but he will say it a billion times more if it is what Jungkook needs to hear. Jungkook hiccups as he tries to speak again and Namjoon patiently waits for him to catch his breath. 

 

“I put you in so much danger I’m so sorry.” 

 

“It’s okay, Kookie. I’m okay, yes? I’m alright and right here with you because you also saved me.”

 

“But you wouldn’t have needed any saving if I wasn’t so selfish! I knew I was putting you in danger by staying so close to you but I love you so much, Namjoon. And I’m-” Jungkook sits up suddenly, cleaning his tear-stained cheeks with the back of his hand and trying to steady his voice. “I’m so selfish for wanting to stay close to you rather than keeping you safe and far away.” 

 

Namjoon sits up too, trying his best to hide from his face how much it aches to move. He takes Jungkook’s hands in his own, lowering them to his lap so Jungkook will stop rubbing at his eyes so aggressively. Then he leans in, hand gently holding Jungkook’s jaw as he kisses all over his eyes and cheeks. Jungkook lets him, smiling at the way Namjoon’s lips tickle his skin at times. 

 

“Kookie, you’ve saved so many strangers before. Countless of them. I could still be in danger even if we’d never met. But I’m glad we did, because I love you, Jungkook. I think you’re wonderful, smart and funny. And now that I know you, I feel much safer with you by my side.” He pecks Jungkook’s lips gently. “I know you’ll protect me. But you also know I’m strong. And I’ll be stronger for you. In fact, I am stronger because of you.” Jungkook sniffs, big teary eyes staring right into Namjoon’s soul as he waits for him to continue. “When I was getting beat to smithereens all I could think about was you, Kook. How much I wanted to see and kiss you again. How much I hoped you were safe. How I needed to protect you. I needed to stay alive to save you. You were what kept me fighting.” He presses a kiss to Jungkook’s temple. “I know you’ll take care of me, Kook. Please let me take care of you too. You don’t need to be strong alone, I’ll always be right by your side.” Jungkook takes in a shaky breath and looks up at Namjoon and nods. The tears have stopped, and he is smiling now but he still looks so wrecked. 

 

Jungkook runs to the bathroom to wash his face and Namjoon lays back down and turns on the ridiculously large TV in front of the bed so they can have something as background noise. Jungkook comes back and crawls to Namjoon, pressing a kiss to a small cut under his eye before laying on his chest again. 

 

The only sound is their breathing and the TV as Namjoon flips through channels. It is peaceful and perfect and they would both give everything else up just to be like this with each other forever. 

 

“Hey, could you do that thing were you lay upside down and kiss me? Everyone says that’s how Spiderman would kiss and I kind of really want to try it.” Namjoon says, pretending to sound distracted as he looks for something to watch. Jungkook laughs and Namjoon smiles at the sound. 

 

“Yeah, I’ve seen it too. I think I could do it. But not here, I feel like Yoongi Hyung would kill me if I got spiderweb on his expensive stuff.” 

Notes:

oof I hope this was as emotional and cute as I imagined it to be hehe. Let me know what you thought!
I'll try to post the next and last chapter asap but I've had way too much hw recently and haven't been able to edit it :,)

Chapter 6

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Once Namjoon is no longer dizzy from the pain meds, and he can actually move without being in agony he gets to go back to work. And he is happy to be back because as comfortable as it has been to lounge around in Yoongi’s huge house making out with Jungkook, he misses his job. He misses writing and researching and asking questions, even if this is what he actually blames for putting his life in danger -- since his kidnapper didn’t seem to know much, if anything, about Spider-Man’s secret identity --  he likes journalism too much to leave it.

 

Namjoon lets out a sigh, pleased once he steps out of the elevator and into his office floor. There is a lot of noise around and him of people scribbling, typing, and talking and it’s a very comforting atmosphere to him. Hoseok spots him before he does and immediately stops what he is doing to greet Namjoon. 

 

“Namjoonie!” Hoseok cries dramatically as he runs to him, wrapping him in a tight hug.

 

“Ah! Hoseokie, I’m also really happy to see you but be careful with my arm!” Namjoon laughs worriedly and Hoseok quickly lets him go. A large majority of the bruises have mostly faded, and the stitches that had been covered by the bandages have quickly healed too, but his arm is still in a cast and he is still quite sore. Hoseok and Jin visited Namjoon at the hospital constantly, keeping him company even while he was unconscious. So they have only not seen each other since he went to stay at Yoongi’s. Realistically they both knew Namjoon was out of danger by then but of course, they worried about not knowing about him. 

 

“Where were you?” Hoseok asks, already pulling Namjoon in the direction of Jin’s desk. 

 

“At a friend’s. You know? while Jungkook and I sorted out our whole living situation.” Namjoon replies vaguely. Yoongi advised him not to disclose too much about where he has been the last couple of days, something Jungkook had also very eagerly encouraged. They were both especially concerned that whoever had kidnapped him seemed to vanish into thin air. Namjoon knows they have been looking into it, and it is worrying that even with all his technology Yoongi hasn’t been able to find anything. But at the same time, he really isn’t as worried as they are.

 

In Namjoon’s logical mind he concluded if this person had really wanted to kidnap him again, or perhaps eliminate him, they could have done it while he was at the hospital. Seen as they blew up half of his apartment building Namjoon feels they’d have no issue getting him while he was unconscious and vulnerable. But of course, Namjoon still follows their advice because Yoongi and Jungkook have a lot more experience with supervillains and evil people in general, especially on a long term scale. 

 

Jin looks very stressed out as he types away on his laptop, clicking at different tabs and flipping through multiple pages on his notepad. He is clearly busy and struggling to piece a story together. 

 

“Oh, Namjoon! It’s so nice to have you back! I'm happy you've recovered so well.” Jin smiles, dropping everything when he notices Namjoon and Hoseok approach him. 

 

“Jin has been working on an ongoing story. He is struggling a lot without your help.” Hoseok tells Namjoon while looking at Jin with a teasing smile. They all help each other with difficult or long stories, and Namjoon is especially good at keeping track of events and information as they develop, so it is not odd to imagine they could be having a bit of a hard time without him. It’s nice, he feels important. 

 

“My notes might be a bit of a mess but don’t worry too much about it, Joonie. I am a journalist after all. I have ways of finding what I need and you better trust I won’t give up until I do!” Jin laughs and Namjoon smiles. But he glances around the office. He feels watched and like there is something. Something eerily familiar that rubs Namjoon the wrong way and has the hair in the back of his neck standing up. He can’t quite say what it is though or why it makes him feel uncomfortable. 

 

Namjoon walks to his desk with a frown, and he sits down staring out the window to his left. He shakes his head and turns to his desk- It is a complete mess, just how he left it. Except there is a piece of paper standing out among his notes. He doesn’t recognize the handwriting and the paper looks stained with what seems like dry blood. Namjoon picks it up with shaky hands. 

 

Don’t think this is over.

 

Namjoon looks around in a panic, like whoever left the note is still here and will stand out to him. He quickly realizes that is stupid so he turns his attention back to the note. He quickly rummages through one of his drawers and he finds a clean ziplock bag and puts the note inside, trying not to touch it too much. He should give it to Yoongi, maybe he’ll be able to find something. Perhaps it would be wiser to give it to the police but Namjoon isn’t sure they’d take it as seriously as Yoongi might. And it may be a bit stupid but he wants to stay close to the investigation, if the opportunity arises he wants to be the first to report on it. Although something in the back of his mind tells him this is a mystery he shouldn’t try to solve because he won’t like the answer to it. Namjoon hesitantly hides the note in his drawer and decides to listen to his gut and forget about it, for now, he can figure out what to do about it later.

 

Although he remains nervous and on edge for the rest of the day, since he can’t stop thinking about how something seems wrong now, the feeling slowly fades away as time goes by. 

 

° ° ° 🕷 ° ° °

 

Namjoon is sitting in his room, on his desk by the window. They are back home now, and honestly, Yoongi didn’t have to go as far as he did in reconstructing their building but Namjoon isn’t complaining. Their apartment is a lot bigger and elegant now, as well as of course, new. Yoongi’s company now owns the apartment and the building as well, which benefits them on the whole rent-paying aspect.   

 

Namjoon gets up to get some water in his small watering can for the plants that decorate his window sill. The day is calm, he can hear the traffic outside but there doesn’t seem to be much going on. He can’t say things have drastically changed now that he is aware Jungkook is a superhero. It’s like Namjoon has always known. If anything, they seem to trust each other more and are a lot more honest and open. Namjoon helps Jungkook clean his wounds almost every night now, even if he is aware that they will be almost completely healed by the time the sun comes up he still likes doing. And Jungkook likes it too, it’s bonding and quality time even if it usually involves a lot of blood and bruising. 

 

Namjoon is glad he doesn’t need to be constantly wondering and worrying about where Jungkook could be, at least not in the same way he used to. On one hand, it’s relieving to know Jungkook is more than capable of protecting himself but on the other, the fact that he is a superhero has only worsened the possible danger Namjoon imagines him getting himself into and actively looking for. 

 

Namjoon sighs as he carries the can full of water back to his room. He has always known Jungkook likes challenges. Superhero or not, he doubts Jungkook could be stopped. Namjoon is careful as he waters his plants, trying not to spill on the floor. He is careful until Jungkook decides to swing into his room through the open window he was crouching in front of. Water goes everywhere when Namjoon falls back on his butt. 

 

Jungkook takes his mask off without hesitation, his hair is a mess and he has a huge smile on his face. Before Namjoon can even begin to comprehend what just happened Jungkook shoots a web at his chest and pulls him up. He suddenly finds himself pressed against Jungkook, who excitedly pecks his lips repeatedly.

 

“I had such a nice day today and want to tell you all about it!” He says in between kisses and Namjoon laughs, placing his hands on Jungkook’s shoulders to try and put some distance between them. 

 

“Alright, alright, Kookie. But let me change my shirt first.” He says as he pushes Jungkook back until they reach his bed and Namjoon sits him down on it. Namjoon’s shirt is wet and now there is spider web on it. He scrunches his nose when he touches the white sticky threads. Jungkook pouts.

 

“But I won’t be able to do this if you change.” He says with innocent eyes and pulls Namjoon to him again with the end of the spider thread he still holds. Namjoon stumbles forward the few steps he had taken back in the direction of his closet and finds himself with his hands on Jungkook’s chest and pressed up to him again. Jungkook smiles and leans up to kiss him. Namjoon lets him do so until he is temporarily satisfied with the amount of kissing and lets him go. Jungkook looks at him with a goofy smile as Namjoon goes to change his shirt with his cheeks bright red.

 

Once changed Namjoon then dries up the water on the floor and resumes watering his plants while Jungkook excitedly bounces on his bed and tells him all about his day, mimicking for him the moves he made while he fought and yelling loudly the things he said. He falls on his back finally, swinging his legs at the edge of the bed. 

 

“Oh yeah!, I also helped this old lady in the morning and she bought me a churro. I’m not sure she knew who I was, but that was still nice.” Namjoon smiles when Jungkook finishes, now sitting next to him on the edge of the bed, combing back his messy hair. “I want to kiss you again.” Jungkook announces after staring at Namjoon in silence for a moment. He sits up quickly and pushes Namjoon onto his back to hover over him and kiss him deeply. “Oh!” He yells suddenly, jumping back from Namjoon and off the bed. “I’ll kiss you upside down. I didn’t break anything today!” He says proudly. 

 

Jungkook puts spider web on Namjoon’s ceiling before he can stop him but Namjoon can’t even be mad. He has been dying to kiss Jungkook like this too. Jungkook makes the way he jumps off the ground to hang upside down look effortless. It will never not make Namjoon’s heart beat faster to see his cute precious Jungkook do things that require extreme amounts of strength like they are nothing. Jungkook smiles big at him, eyes shining happily when Namjoon gets off the bed to go stand in front of him. He puts his hands on either side of Jungkook’s face and closes his eyes to kiss him.

 

Namjoon loves Jungkook, and although it worries him a lot to imagine the kind of dangers he encounters every day he trusts him. Of course, it’s hard to date a superhero, there’s so many things he has become aware of and so many secrets he has to carefully hide from even his closest friends, but none of that matters as long as he gets to have Jungkook in his life. Namjoon wouldn’t want it any other way because as dangerous and difficult as it is, he knows this is what makes Jungkook happy and this is what matters the most to him.

 

“We should try this in the rain! That’d be super romantic.” Jungkook says when he breaks the kiss, getting back on his feet. Namjoon laughs fondly as he watches Jungkook go to the window and pout when he notices the sky is clear from rain clouds. Namjoon goes stand behind him and wraps his arms around his middle, being the one to press him close now. 

 

“I love you.” He mumbles, pressing a kiss to a bruise on the underside of Jungkook’s jaw. He doesn’t miss the way Jungkook smiles and cherishes the moment for only an instant before Jungkook is pulling him to the bed, likely to make out with him. 

 

Namjoon already has his shirt off and is on the verge of losing his mind with the way Jungkook sucks hickeys over his neck and collarbone when Jungkook’s phone loudly interrupts them. Jungkook groans and glares in the direction of his phone, finally getting off the bed when it doesn’t stop ringing.

 

“Fuck. It’s Yoongi.” He tells Namjoon before picking up but they both already know they will have to continue this later. “Yeah, okay, okay. I’ll be there in a moment.” Jungkook grabs his mask from the ground and walks to the bed to give Namjoon one last kiss before leaving. The call is still active so Namjoon hears some of what Yoongi was saying.

 

-careful, I feel like we’re dealing with something delicate here- stop kissing your boyfriend and get your ass here Jeon! ” Namjoon laughs and Jungkook jumps back and away from Namjoon surprised.

 

“I was not!” He lies, but from the way he blushes Namjoon can tell Yoongi is not buying it. “I do NOT have a boner, I’ll be there in a bit.” He quickly hangs the phone up and puts his mask on. Jungkook is already halfway out the window when he turns back to face Namjoon and gives him a finger heart. “I love you.” He says sweetly and shily before disappearing into the city night. 

 

Namjoon gets up from the bed with the intention of finding his shirt when Jungkook is suddenly poking his head through the window again, startling him.

 

“Sorry, sorry. I just remembered I told Taehyung to come over today because we have a project to turn in soon. Could you distract him or something while I get back? I’ll try not to take too long. Thanks, I love you!” Jungkook is gone again before Namjoon can reply. He chuckles and shakes his head. Covering up for his superhero boyfriend has become so normal now he would’ve done it even if Jungkook hadn’t asked. 

 

Not ten minutes later Namjoon is making his way to the door, thinking of an excuse for Jungkook and a way to help Taehyung advance with their project before Jungkook gets back. Although they hadn’t formally met before, it is only awkward for a brief moment before they discover their mutual love for art and start discussing about it like they’ve known each other their whole lives. 

 

So the distracting works out just fine, they are sitting at the kitchen table, Namjoon doing research on a topic he had never heard of before in his life when Jungkook comes through the front door. He looks like he ran all the way home, his hair is swept in all directions and he has a big goofy smile on his face. 

 

Namjoon would make excuses for Jungkook for the rest of his life if it means seeing him smile like that every time he beats the bad guys.

Notes:

Thank you for reading! I hope you've enjoyed this story <3 Pls let me know what you've thought :)) I love spider-koo, don't know if I'll write more of him but who knows hehe I really like him.
Think you solved the mystery? It might be a little heartbreaking. Namjoon already has an idea but he is choosing to pretend he doesn't, its *self care*
My social media:
twitter
curious cat
tumblr
comments and kudos are perfect ways to support me I love knowing what you've thought! <3
Thanks for reading! <3

Series this work belongs to: