Actions

Work Header

God himself

Summary:

There is a conference at Koi Tower to where Meng Yao arrives with a sleepy Jin Ling clinging from his back.

Notes:

Day 2: Affection.

Work Text:

Jiang Cheng was sitting beside Nie Huaisang and drummed on his knee. He had better things to do than being here at Koi Tower – with all these fucking Jins – so he wanted to get out as fast as possible. Which is why he was being close to the end of his patience, because Jin Guangyao was late. As a sect leader, it was expectable from the man to be at least punctual, but he wasn’t He growled audibly, grabbing Nie Huaisang’s attention. His friend patted him on the shoulder, trying to calm him down. Jiang Cheng sent him a glance, but did not calm down – not a bit. Thankfully, a few moments later nearing footsteps could be heard and Jin Guangyao rounded the corner, stepping in the hall.

”I deeply sorry for being late,” the man said, bowing a bit, ”I just had a bit of distraction.” He turned his head back and that was the moment when all the sect leaders noticed the half-asleep child on his back.

Jiang Cheng groaned, rolling his eyes. Jin Guangyao spoiled that brat too much. He heard a loud gasp and when he looked back, he found himself face to face with a now almost wide awake Jin Ling, watching him with wide eyes. He reached his chubby arms out towards him, making grabbing moves. When he opened his mouth, Jiang Cheng felt dread pooling in his stomach. He knew what would come.

”Jiujiu!” The child squeaked and Jiang Cheng felt his cheeks heating up.

All the sect leaders around him started chuckling, but a deadly glare from Jiang Cheng made them shut up. A loud sniffle grabbed Jiang Cheng’s attention and when he turned back to Jin Ling, the child had fat tears in his eyes, still making grabbing moves.

”Jiujiu!” He sniffled and Jiang Cheng groaned.

”Fucking great,” he mumbled as he pushed himself up and walked up to the two. He looked at Jin Guangyao with narrowed eyes. ”Why did you bring him?” He asked, putting his hands on his hips. Jin Guangyao chuckled.

”He just didn’t let me go,” he said as if it was a good enough explanation. Jiang Cheng sighed deeply. Jin Guagyao was a fucking adult for fuck’s sake! ”- at least till now,” the sect leader spoke up again, referring to the child trying to grab Jiang Cheng’s full attention.

”It’ll be your fault if he makes this meeting a disaster,” Jiang Cheng warned Jin Guangyao as he took Jin Ling off his back. As soon as he was in his uncle’s arms, Jin Ling snuggled up to his chest and put his thumb in his mouth. ”Hey, brat! What did I tell you about sucking your thumb?” Jiang Cheng asked, and Jin Ling pulled his thumb out of his mouth with a ’pop’

”Sowwy, Jiujiu!” He said, looking at Jiang Cheng as if he was God himself. The sect leaders chuckled again, but Jiang Cheng had no energy for glaring at them.

”A-Ling, your Jiujiu said that you would cause us problems during the conference,” Meng Yao said to the child who listened him too attentively for a three years old. ”Would you?”

”I wouldn’t!” The child declared, looking Jiang Cheng straight in the eyes. That made all the other men in the room burst out laughing.

”Did you hear that, Jiang-zongzhu?” Lan Xichen asked and Jiang Cheng could hear he was fighting against another chuckle. ”He promised he wouldn’t.”

Jiang Cheng closed his eyes to gain all of his strength. He felt that this conference would be the longest he would ever have in his life.

Series this work belongs to: