Actions

Work Header

The one who stopped the tears

Summary:

Just what the title says.

Notes:

2. I love the fact that I've met you during the craziest time of my life and you changed it all in just a mili-second.
Day 1: Love.

Work Text:

Jiang Cheng didn’t understand himself. After all the shit that had happened recently, he had a tons of shit to do. He had no time to succumb to people’s whims – he really hadn’t! However, as soon as he heard about his nephew not stopping crying no matter what, he threw all his work aside, and told the head disciple not to let anyone fuck up anything while he was away.

After that he left, and could already see the form of Koi Tower in the distance. He felt himself frowning – he would give those fucking incompetent nannies a piece of his mind as soon as he got there! Hardly had his feet touched the ground, when he saw the form of Jin Guangyao hurrying towards him.

”Jiang-zongzhu!” The other man greeted him, relief clear in his voice. ”I’m sorry for disturbing you-”

”What have you done to that kid-” Jiang Cheng asked, and the other raised his hands up in defense.

”Nothing, I swear!” He started quickly. ”One day he started crying, and he stopped only enough for us to feed him-”

Jiang Cheng decided that he wasn’t interested in that bullshit anymore. He walked past the other leader, hurrying in the building, taking his way towards the living quarters. He heard the crying even before turning in the corridor where Jin Ling’s room could be find. He sighed, running his fingers through his head. With all the things that had happened, he had barely had any time for his nephew, so it was still a wonder to him why had they called him in the first place.

He pulled the door open, and all the nannies turned their heads towards him in sync. They were standing around a crib, from where the weeping could be heard. Jiang Cheng stomped into the room, and pushed one of them to the side, quite harshly. The woman looked at him indignant, but Jiang Cheng didn’t give a fuck. He reached in the crib and picked up his nephew. When the child was in his arms, he spoke up.

”What have you been up to, huh, brat?” He asked. ”You have been giving these incompetent women a hard time lately.” Hearing the ’incompetent’ word, some of the nannies hurried out of the room. When he heard no crying, he looked down at the baby in his arms – and his eyes widened. Though, still having tears in his eyes, Jin Ling was looking at him, lips parted in wonder.

”A-Ling-” he started, but the baby let out the most adorable coo that Jiang Cheng had ever heard. ’Oh, fuck!’ He thought, feeling as the brat wrapped him around his little finger. The baby reached up his chubby hands, and Jiang Cheng leaned down, so he could grab his hair.

”It looks like calling you was really the best idea.” He heard Meng Yao’s voice coming from the door. He rolled his eyes, and turned his head towards him as much as he could.

”It seems you have some problems taking care of his brat here,” he said, glancing back at Jin Ling who was smiling at him brightly. ”From now on, he’ll spend holw of the year at Lotus Pier!”