Actions

Work Header

Pride and Prejudice

Chapter 4: A persons flaws

Summary:

Lord Longbottom has a bit of fun with his bonded, and two of the Longbottom's daughter go on holiday with their aunt

Notes:

had fun with this chapter! just for information the Longbottom daughters are all above eighteen except for Lydia who is fifteen and soon to be sixteen. pls enjoy the chapter

Chapter Text

It is an incredibly sad fact of life, that for most people their flaws are almost always hidden from them. And sadly, for Lord Longbottom this was very true of not only his wife but his five daughters, although it must be said that Mary the third daughter had improved greatly with the counsel and guidance from their Aunt Rose.

The daughter to be the mostly effected by her flaw was not the youngest daughter Lydia, yes Lydia was a silly young girl who only thought about bonding to a rich and handsome young gentleman wizard. Her actions which were greatly supported by her mother and either ignored or laughed about by her father did affect the family in their small neighbourhood and county. But the second eldest Elizabeth or Lizzie as her family called her, believed that she had no unwanted or harsh flaws that would stop her from making a good marriage in life. She was as she believed a person who considered all facts before making a decision that would affect her or her loved ones, she knew how to keep a good home for the gentleman that she would of course marry in time (the fact that there were no such gentlemen stampeding to the Longbottom’s door to marry either her or any of her other sisters, perhaps should have told her something).

It was unfortunate that she had inherited or learnt from her father his sarcastic wit, that very often was used to barb and hurt others that Lizzie thought deserved her unwanted opinions, and from her mother she had learnt how to form baseless prejudiced opinions. This meant that Lizzie had formed a close circle of friends in their county, who for their own selfish reasons let Lizzie continue onwards in her self-delusion. For once in her relatively short life Lizzie had come up against someone who would not tolerate her comments and behaviour. Her Aunt Rose had to Lizzie great disappointment and anger, not chosen her to go on a full paid holiday away from her parents and their bickering. Rose herself would very often say in private to her friends and family, that she loved Mary as her own daughter and that like Mary, she would ensure that Kitty was given the appropriate guidance in her life. So, the Longbottom daughters picked to accompanied Rose on another holiday were of course Mary and surprisingly Kitty. According to Rose until Lizzie herself realised that her unfounded prejudice thoughts and sarcasm regarding others became tempered with a maturity then LIZZIE would be the last ever niece, she would take on holiday or on outings with her.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It had been an early start for Rose and her two nieces that morning, she had picked up Mary and Kitty at 7.30am and after the two young girls had said their goodbyes to the rest of the family the three woman left in a taxi to catch a train to London, to start as Mary told Kitty a holiday and adventure.

It was due to Mary interference and grooming of Kitty, that the girl was being allowed to accompany Mary and their Aunt on this small adventure. The holiday it self would only last for two weeks this time, of course petty people may have whispered that Rose just wanted to ensure that she could in fact stand her niece Kitty company for a prolonged of time!

The first thing that the three women did when they got to London was to start on a shopping spree that Kitty had never been privileged to attend before. Mary and Kitty were kitted out in outfits and accessories that complimented them from very exclusive and small boutique shops, not found normally by regular shoppers. It was late afternoon when the three women found them selves sitting down in China town having a meal from a good restaurant, that Rose dropped her bombshell on the two girls. Their aunt had got them tickets for the Ladies Day at Royal Ascot, it was their Aunt said a bucket list moment for every woman to attend at least once in their life if they could. The next few days until Thursday morning of Ladies day would be spent in the young woman being groomed and enjoying themselves. It was a very happy and ecstatic two young ladies that finally found themselves staying in a exclusive hotel near the Ascot race course and of course having excellent train access into London to continue the shopping etc that were still be completed by the three women.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meanwhile back at Longbourn house, Hermione was still in a mood, with her nerves reappearing as old friends to the household regarding not only that two of her daughters were now being corrupted by her vulgar and harridan sister of law. But more importantly for her, her bonded had still not introduced himself to their new neighbour the extraordinarily rich and desirable gentleman Mr Bingale.

It was an evening that Lord Longbottom decided to have his fun with his wife and her nerves. His favourite daughter Lizzie was with her two other sisters trimming her bonnet with new ribbons that she had brought from the local shop in the small wizarding town. He cleared his throat and stated “Lizzie I hope that Mr Bingale will be taken with the bonnet that you are trimming” Hermione hearing this exchange, bristled and replied “Please tell me! Where will any of our daughters meet our new neighbour to show off their talents? Seeing as their father does not designate to call on the young gentlemen!”

“My dear! I am sure that Mrs Long or even the Lucas will introduce you and our delightful daughters to Mr Bingale…”

“Definitely not before they have ensured their own daughters have been introduced to him and the Longs will not be able to visit Mr Bingale before the eve of the assembly dance being held”

“Why ever not?” asked Lord Longbottom to his harried and angry wife “BECAUSE Mr Long has not introduced himself to our new neighbour, and wont have time to visit him till the 24th of this month, and the assembly is being held on the 26th month! They have had to visit her parents in haste due to a family matter” nobody expressed the uncharitable thought, that the only reason the Longs would hasten to her parents side would be due to the imminent death of her father. His death would mean that the Longs would have the means at long last to live the life they wanted and deserved (the down side was that they had to put up with her mother, but needs must as other people say).

“Well it will be a good thing that YOU WILL BE ABLE to introduce Mr Bingale and retinue to the Longs and Lucas after all” supplied Lord Longbottom

“And how will I be able to do that husband?” questioned Hermione, Lord Longbottom finally put down the book he had been pretending to read and commented “Why my dear, did I forget to inform you that Mr Bingale and his retinue will be visiting us for supper tomorrow evening! So sorry my remiss that I forgot to tell you…but I am sure that..” Hermione sat looking at her husband with an open gaping mouth and then all hell let loose regarding the arrangements she had to quickly make for the next day supper and their esteemed guests.