Actions

Work Header

Pride and Prejudice

Summary:

Based upon Pride and prejudice novel, Ginny and Ronald both turn against the manipulations of Dumbledore and their family. This leads to complications later on in their lives

Notes:

Just saying this again I do not own any characters from midsummer murders or harry potter. For once Ginny and Ronald are decent people who have distanced themselves from the British magical community and their money grabbing family so let the fun begin

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

John Barnaby 1st year Psychology under graduate student stood up and waved at a young red women, who wanly smiled and made her way across the crowded restaurant towards him “Ginny” he said smiling at the women he loved at this moment in time, she allowed him to kiss her on the cheek and answered “John! I have news to tell you……due to circumstances beyond our control…I am afraid that we can’t marry” she told the news to John, and with tears falling down her face she pulled off the very cheap engagement ring that they had both chosen and brought just days ago.

John looked unbelieving at the women before him and questioned her “But why? I know that you are a witch……it does not change anything! So our children have a chance of being magical…if it’s about your family and money, I won’t be a undergraduate for ever, in fact after graduating I am thinking of seriously thinking of joining the Police” The women put her hand over John, to stop him from rambling on. She looked outside the restaurant and seemed to squared her shoulders, before explaining her reasoning of breaking their engagement off.

“John! I want nothing more than to marry you, its just that I have to marry someone else….when I was a very young child I wanted to be a princess and my family fed me ideas of me becoming Lady Potter, and then me and Ronald found out that the rest of the family with the support and guidance of our very esteemed Chief Warlock and light leader Albus Dumbledore have stolen from the orphan Harry Potter. They wanted no needed me to marry Lord Potter to gain control of his vaults and titles etc, well both me and Ronald have through hard work managed to give back the money transferred to our bank accounts…….but there is a big problem, and it is that I have to marry a Harry Potter due to a marriage contract set up and signed by Lord Potters parents and my parents! We thought that there could be a way around the contract….but even the vampire who took us on as clients cannot find away of voiding the contract without Lord Potter finding out about it” Ginny took John’s hand as with tears flowing down her face she continued “The only way to fulfil the contract and stop Lord Potter finding out how much of an arsehole his esteemed parents were is for me to marry another Harry Potter! And I have find a very nice older rich Indian wizard who needs a wife for and he has agreed to marry me and I will do my best to be the women he needs by his side”

John spluttered “But why not just let this Lord Potter know what his father did to him! Why do you have to sacrifice our future happiness, why Ginny, why?” His angry and hurt face looked at the women he loved more than anything right now, demanding her answer to his question “Because Lord Potter does not need to know what was plotted against him by his family John! And although I will never be as happy or even loved as much in my marriage to my intended, as I would be to you…..I know that you will find an exceptional women who will finally replace me in your heart! A woman who will give you what I can not and that is to give up everything if needed for you!” with this the woman sadly smiled and chastity kissed John Barnaby, before she started to leave the table John stopped her and gave her back their engagement ring “If you ever need me Ginny I will be here! Please keep in touch and I wish you happiness” the woman just soulfully nodded her head as she took the engagement ring and slowly walked out the restaurant into the winter sunshine!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thirty years later

Chief Inspector John Barnaby looked at the letter he had received from his first ever love Ginny Weasley nee Dixit, she wanted to meet him to discuss a hypothetical situation, and he knew from experience that when a person’s says hypothetical they almost always mean an actual situation.