Actions

Work Header

Only One

Summary:

In which Sarawat had his wisdom teeth removed, woke up doped because of the anesthesia and even though he didn't remembered instantly that Tine was his boyfriend, he started to praise and flirt with the boy, making a comic scene and drawing laughter from everyone in the room.

Notes:

so, hi!! well, I've been feeling pretty down since the ending of still 2gether and tbh the news about brightwin's new project just made me more sad, so even though I was feeling down I wanted to write something to see if I miss them less (didn't worked!) and while typing this I'm like crying hard and really sobbing because I just watched win's mv and that was the last thing about sarawatine we'll have forever so the mv is like, really the ending of everything and a final goodbye, and tbh I'm really not fine at all and not ready to let them go, so if some of you are feeling this bad like me I hope that this fic can make you smile at least a little bit. by the way, I had the idea of this work because I saw a video of a man who woke up kinda doped after a surgery and was amazed by his wife even though he couldn't remember she was his wife and I thought it was cute and here we are. anyways, sorry for talking too much and hope you enjoy it, now I'll go back to crying nonstop because I miss sarawatine so much that it hurts.

Work Text:

Sitting in comfortable armchairs in the dental office, two figures could be easily seen in the middle of the white flood that was the walls and floor of the calm and silent place.

One of the people was Tine, a small dot of colorful clothes that radiated in the whiteness of the place and was reading a magazine calmly.

The other was Man, still wearing university uniform and smiling from ear to ear while looking and typing on the phone. Tine looked at him from the corner of the eye and gave a light laugh, imagining that he was probably talking to Type.

It was early afternoon and the two of them could be doing another thing than sit in chairs for what seemed like countless minutes while listening to the clock ticking. Both boys were at the same place but with different motivations. 

Sarawat, a grow up man, when discovered that he would have to remove his four wisdom teeth, made a scene for Tine and started talking about how his boyfriend should be on his side, accompanying him in such a delicate moment and giving him moral support. Tine, who was already used to the recurring of Sarawat's dramas, just rolled his eyes and laughed at him, agreeing to accompany him since he wouldn't have class that day. (They both knew that Tine would accompany him anyway.) 

Man, on the other hand, was there because he offered to take them to the clinic since Sarawat and Tine only own a motorcycle, and as Tine doesn’t know how to drive and Sarawat wouldn't be able to ride a bike after the procedure, they needed a ride, and as Man recently switched his bike for a car, he promptly offered them help. However, after the two Political Science students picked up Tine and were on the way to the establishment, Man blurted out that in addition to giving them a ride because he was a great friend, he also wanted to see Sarawat waking up after the minor surgery, since he already saw him groggy from anesthesia once and couldn't wait for the scene to repeat itself. When he said that, Sarawat just frowned and rolled his eyes, while Tine laughed with Man and asked for more details about the event.

It has been almost two hours since the boys arrived in the place and Sarawat entered the dentist's office, but not before holding Tine's hand, whom gave him an encouraging smile followed by a thumbs up and susu, and by the time passed Tine was starting to got anxious.

"Calm down, Tine. He's not in the middle of a heart surgery, you know, he's gonna survive. You're too young to be widowed." Man joked while tapping Tine's shoulder and smiling funny.

"Huh?" Tine murmured confused, looking away from the magazine in his hands that he realized was only looking and not reading since a while. "What do you mean? I'm completely calm." He said looking at Man.

"You were swaying your leg and biting your lips. Wat told me you do that when you're nervous." 

Tine sighed. "It's just that it's been almost two hours and the doctor hasn't left the room yet. It's taking too long." 

"Of course it is, he's removing his four wisdom teeth, it couldn't take only minutes." Man responded, still with a teasing smile.

"I know! It's not that easy and they need to stitch the gum after removing the teeth and stuff like that, so I know it take a while. But he's probably in pain, and I bet he's doped because of the anesthesia so I just want it to be over so he can recover soon." Tine practically threw up the words and instantly regretted when he saw Man's face contracting with funny.

"Oi! Look at how worried you're about him. I bet my dear friend Sarawat will love to know that his husband was dying of worry because of such a simple surgery. That's true love." Man teased while passing an arm over Tine's shoulders and swinging the boy.

"Shut up, Man! Husband my ass." Tine sulked but thought one day we'll really be husbands, and had to hide a smirk with the thought. "And I'm not dying of worry! Don't dare to say that to him." He said while pushing Man away, and before the latter could respond, the dentist appeared at the door of the operating room. 

"Excuse me. Are you two the companions of Mr. Guntithanon?" 

"Yes, we're." Tine quickly responded. 

"The procedure is over and the effect of the anesthesia is beginning to pass, so he's waking up. You can come in to see him and in a few minutes you'll be able to accompany him home." 

The doctor finished talking and pointed to the opened door as Tine and Man stood up to enter the room. "Since we remove the four wisdom teeth at once, we used a high dose of anesthesia, in addition to the analgesic, so he can be a little out of his mind and without noticing things and people around him. In a few minutes the effect would wear off."

As the doctor said that, Man unlocked his phone and opened the camera.

"What are you doing?" Tine whispered when he saw the scene.

"I need to to register whatever happens next.  I just know it'll be funny." Man answered and was welcomed with a scolding look from Tine.

When the three of them entered the room, the dentist closed the door and stood right there while the two young men approached Sarawat, who was lying in the typical dentist chair. His eyes weren't wide open, his cheeks were swollen, and around his face was a bandage, and he definitely was completely groggy.

Tine approached the figure, smiling fondly at him and lightly placing a hand on his shoulder. "Ei Wat, how you feeling?" 

Sarawat, who was almost unconscious until seconds ago, looked at the hand on his shoulder and then looked up. When he saw Tine's face, his eyes, that were almost closing, opened wide and shined like there were stars inside of them, while his lips slightly parted like he was unbelievable.

"Did I died and went to heaven?" Was the first thing Sarawat said after a few seconds looking at Tine, and even though his speech was a bit messy because of the state he was in and the dressings, the phrase was completely understood by those in the room.

"It's starting! Here we go." Man said with a voice full of joy, already starting to laugh and turned his cellphone to record the scene.

Tine looked at him with a angry face for a second before turning his attention back to the groggy man in front of him. "What do you mean, Wat? You didn't died. This isn't heaven, it's a dentist's office." 

"No, no. It's heaven because I'm seeing an angel right in front of me." Sarawat said, his eyes never leaving Tine, admiration and worship mixing in his features.

When Sarawat said that, Man tapped his own mouth with his hands trying to contain a giggle, and Tine only blushed. 

"I'm not an angel. I'm Tine." He said, cheeks still painted in a delicate tone of red mixed with pink and a little smile appearing on his lips.

"You're an angel named Tine, wow." Sarawat said in a tone as if he had made a great discovery.

"No." Tine giggled. "I'm not an angel named Tine. I'm a man called Tine."

"Oh." Sarawat let out. "I thought you were an angel because you're the prettiest man I've ever seen in my life."

Tine stayed in silence for a second, looking at Sarawat while the latter was still looking at him too, with a expression that Tine knows he always look at him; a expression of pure adoration. "I'm pretty sure there's men out there that are way prettier than me." He said shyly.

"No, there isn't!" Sarawat responded while making a shocked face, like what Tine said was completely unacceptable. "You're are really the most beautiful thing I've even seen. There aren't anyone who compares to you." He continued and grabbed Tine's hand that was still resting on his shoulder. 

Tine only looked at what Sarawat was doing, and let out a sigh when Sarawat put his hand that he just grabbed over his heart. "Do you feel it? You're so unbelievable amazing that my heart is beating faster only by looking at you." Sarawat said, squinting and looking like a puppy

"Oh man, I can't believe he said that." Man said, not being able to hold his laugh anymore and patted Tine's shoulder. "Even doped he's on the heels for you, bro."

Sarawat, who seemed no notice only Tine's presence in the room until now, looked at Man with a confused face. "Who are you? Why you're touching my Tine?"

Man held a giggle and looked at Tine with a expression like he was up to no good, receiving a negative nod from Tine as if he wanted to say whatever it is you're thinking, don't do it.

"What do you mean by who I'm and this 'your Tine' thing? I'm Man, your boyfriend, my sweetheart." Man said with his lips twitching trying to hold back a laugh, and he stroked Sarawat's hair with his free hand.

The boy lying looked at Man with a incredulous face and dodged the touch, a pout already visible on his lips making a contrast with his swollen face, making his expression funnier. "You're lying. You're not my boyfriend, I don't even like men with beard." Sarawat said and this time Tine laughed. "And I couldn't date anyone but Tine!" 

"You don't even know Tine! I'm not lying." Man continued joking.

Sarawat pouted and frowned, his face transitioning from incredulity to crying. "You're lying, I know you're! I don't know Tine but he's the most wonderful thing I've ever seen and I just want him." He said with a choked voice, closing his eyes tightly and holding Tine's hand tighter like he was a little kid.

At this point Man was holding his belly because of how much he was laughing and Tine couldn't contain a few giggles too, but hurried to comfort the boy. 

"Oh no, Wat. Look at me." He placed his hand gently on Sarawat's swollen cheek and squeezed the boy's hand that was holding his, the delicate touches making Sarawat open his eyes and look at him again. "He's joking. This guy here is Man, your friend. Your boyfriend is me." 

The doped boy was still frowning but now also blinking nonstop like he was amazed with what he heard. "Are you serious? I'm your boyfriend?" 

"Yes, you're." Tine laughed, having fun with the situation.

"Jesus Christ." Sarawat's jaw dropped and he looked away for a second like he was trying to digest what looked like a major breakthrough. "Oh man. Seriously?" His expression and voice were so funny that everyone in the room laughed, including the dentist who was still standing at the door, even though his was a discrete laugh. 

"Completely serious." 

"I can't believe how lucky I'm for having you as my boyfriend. Wow, I just found out I'm the luckiest man alive." Sarawat said while leaning on Tine's hand that was in his face and smiled at him, which made Tine laugh due to Sarawat's smile making his swollen face look even funnier, but even though the scene was funny, Tine felt sentimental and his heart was squeezing of fondness for his loved one.

"I can't believe that even doped with anesthesia and pills he's still completely whipped and in love with you." Man said shaking his head, still smiling funny and Tine smiled back.

"I guess I'm a lucky man." He answered Man and looked at Sarawat, who was still smiling funny at him.

"Tine." Sarawat cautiously mumbled, like he was telling a secret, still groggy. "Will you marry me?" 

"Oh god, I take back what I said." Tine said laughing lightly. "He remains the same pain in the ass." 

With that Man laughed, Sarawat looked confused and Tine only smiled and caressed his boyfriend's face, knowing the even though he said that he would always love to hear his favorite person in the world saying those four words, and that one day he'll finally answer with one word, a word that could be nothing but yes.

                               °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Late that night, Tine was sitting in bed, holding his cellphone and laughing like there's no tomorrow. He was interrupted by Sarawat stepping out of the bathroom and entering the bedroom, stooding in front of him.

"Don't tell me you're watching the damn video again?" Sarawat asked, speech still messy because of the dressings but now completely conscious, the effect of anesthesia having passed hours ago.

"I'm." Tine responded, faking a guilt smile. "Man sended the video in the group chat, the boys can't stop laughing too."

"What a good boyfriend you're, laughing at your handsome boyfriend being embarrassed over a video recorded when he was vulnerable and almost unconscious." Sarawat teased and started poking Tine's face, smiling fondly at him hearing the boy giggling.

"Stop it, saraleo! When you're conscious you always pick on me, but when you're doped with anesthesia you're super romantic, call me angel and says you're the luckiest for being with me. You should be anesthetized more times." Tine fake complained while wrapping his arms around Sarawat's waist.

"Why are you complaining, nuisance? I don't need anesthesia to be romantic, I'm always spoiling you." He rolled his eyes but leaned down to kiss Tine's head.

"I know, I know." Tine smiled at him with his bunny teeth and Sarawat's heart skiped a beat with the sight. "But you anesthetized was so funny. Your face when Man said you were dating him was priceless, it was like the world was ending. Poor Man, it's not like he's ugly." Tine joked.

Sarawat smiled and cupped Tine's cheek, leaning to give him a quick peck on the lips. "It's not about him. It could be anyone saying that, I would still react the same because you're the only one, Tine. I know that when I'm conscious, doped, sleeping. I would know that even if I had amnesia. You're the only one and I'll never want anyone else but you." 

These words, said by this voice, by Tine's favorite voice, sounded like a melody to his ears that rushed directly at his heart, warming it. He smiled at Sarawat, showing all his love through his features, hugged his waist and when he buried his face in his belly, closed his eyes feeling the fingers of his beloved caressing his hair, he felt complete thinking that this man was also forever his only one.

Series this work belongs to: