Actions

Work Header

Sleepy Cuddles

Summary:

A sleepy Sarawat is awakened by Tine, who admires and absolutely adores his boyfriend. Kissing and cuddles ensue.

Notes:

Soooo, it's finally here! My first post on Ao3! Edited by the lovely @seraphumguks on Tumblr. Do check her work out! Tine and Sarawat have my whole heart. Fake relationship tropes are the fkin best, aren't they?

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

Sometimes, Tine couldn't make sense of what he was feeling. Sometimes, just one look at his boyfriend, and all the air in his lungs would just leave. Leave like it belonged to Sarawat. Like his heart belonged to Sarawat.

It all happened that morning. After a long night of kissing and some light petting, the couple proceeded to cuddle and fall asleep. Only, they didn't. Tine kept staring down at Sarawat and watched him slip into his dreams. His boyfriend kept nuzzling his right pec in soft motions, and drooled just a tiny bit on his nightshirt. The wet patch, a sign of his contentment, was Tine's bliss. Sarawat's right hand rested heavily just below his abdomen, comfortably slipped right under the hem of his shirt. As his boyfriend lay claim on him even in his sleep, all Tine could think about, was just how strong Sarawat was. Not just physically, but mentally too.

Feelings of guilt, restlessness, helplessness, desire and sympathy hit him with the force of a freight train. Here was a man, who loved Tine for nearly two years, and only recently has Tine been able to meet his intensity. He often felt like Sarswat deserved more, deserved better than himself. He took his own sweet time coming to terms with falling in love with a man, and was just oblivious to what the man on the other end, was feeling. He knows he couldn't have done what Sarawat did. He could have never been so patient. Sarawat even hinted so many damn times about his love during the fake dating ruse, but Tine was dense. Extremely dense. Just thinking back to all the insensitive stuff he said and the very obvious cues he didn't pick up on, sends a shiver down Tine's spine.

Seeking comfort, Tine ran his long deft fingers through Sarawat's hair. Chestnut coloured, soft, silky hair. The hair of an angel. 'His angel', he mused. As he played with it, albeit very gently, Sarawat was brought out of his light sleep. With his beautiful large doe eyes, he started up at Tine with nothing but love and relentless affection. His right hand too, subconsciously slipped higher under his shirt and began gently rubbing circles on the side of his ribs.

"Still awake?"

"Mmm," he mumbled in assent.

Calloused fingers slipped further under his shirt and began skimming the expanse of his abdomen.

"What are you thinking about?" Sarawat asked as he felt the rise and fall of Tine's chest under his palm.

"I'm sorry."

"What for?" Sarawat starts, confused. Their conversation barely below a whisper.

"For everything, Sarawat. Just everything." Tine's lower lip and chin began quivering and his breaths were now heavier as tears blurred his eyes. Noticing the change in pressure under this palm, Sarawat cranes upwards to see Tine's face, his Adam's apple protruding attractively.

A low chuckle left Sarawat as he brought out his right hand and placed Tine's trembling chin between his thumb and forefinger.

"Nuisance." He whispered, unable to keep the adoration from showing on his face. He brought Tine's chin gently to his and placed a feather kiss on Tine's lips. And so began the cascade of tears which streamed down Tine's face like a river. Tine hooked his left arm onto his boyfriend's waist and roughly pulled him closer. He needed to feel the warmth. He had to feel his love.

They kissed for what seemed like forever in a haze of salt and smiles. Forgiveness was not something Tine needed to ask for but Sarawat knew it was something Tine desired, to make peace with himself, he supposed.

As the tears dried up and lips sore and swollen, they finally pulled apart to catch their breath, backs fully on the bed. After a long time, Sarawat said, "Keep your heart open to loving me. Now and forever. That's all I could ever ask of you."

Tine cocked his head to the side to look at Sarawat, only to see him stare at the ceiling. With the grace of a housecat, Tine slinked next to his boyfriend and buried his face in Sarawat's neck, and nuzzled into his shoulder. Cocooned in love and warmth, the couple fell asleep in no time. They were at a place in their lives where, even dreams couldn't match the level of happiness that reality brought them.

Notes:

Thank you for reading this y'all. Hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day!