Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Feelings, Smut and Love ^.~
Collections:
Best MDZS fics for sleepless nights
Stats:
Published:
2021-08-10
Completed:
2021-08-10
Words:
48,798
Chapters:
11/11
Comments:
463
Kudos:
2,223
Bookmarks:
386
Hits:
57,213

Lotus Seeds

Chapter 11

Summary:

PLEASE LOOK AT WHAT @FENGSHOUZAI DID FOR US!!

https://twitter.com/brieeze01/status/1425179449289580551?s=19

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The sun was bright in the sky coloring the leaves of the thick trees in the Cloud Recesses a deep emerald green as Jiang Cheng and Lan XiChen landed down on their swords. They sheathed them smoothly before walking up to the elegant archway of the west entrance.

“This place is so pretty,” Jiang Cheng muttered walking up the stone steps that lead into the GusuLan Sect.

“I think so too but I find myself very fond of Yunmeng. It’s a different sort of beauty,” Lan XiChen spoke over as they headed down the winding white stone path.

“You can always come visit,” Jiang Cheng replied, “I know you still have your duties as sect leader to attend to.”

“WanYin love we talked about this. I am going to step down and I am sure shifu and WangJi will understand.”

“But you can’t just leave it for me XiChen, I can’t handle it if I take your sect from you, you have---”

“WanYin,” XiChen paused, turning to meet Jiang Cheng’s eyes sincerely, “you are not taking anything from me love. I want to do this. I need to do this. And I do want to be with you but that is not the only reason. I have served this sect for 20 years and I wouldn’t trade that for anything. I care very much for GusuLan but it is time. I want to live my life love and I want to live it with you.”

Lan XiChen took a step closer to him, lifting his hand to caress that strong jaw with affection.

“Don’t feel bad, don’t feel like it’s your fault because it’s not. I meant what I said before, I have been thinking long and hard about it for a while now; even before Guanyin Temple. My father served this sect for his entire life. He lived and breathed it and once I had thought to do the same but now, now I want to live my life WanYin. I want to enjoy it and spend the rest of my days with you in Yunmeng.”

“But…”

“Hush love, this is not a negotiation ok?” He spoke softly, his eyes warm and kind.

“I love you and I enjoy being with you. I like how you manage your sect and I am very fond of your disciples. Please don’t deny me your company my love. Please don’t feel like you’re taking something from me. I cannot bear to think you feel disappointed or upset at my decision…”

“I….I’m not upset XiChen, well I am a little bit but I would never be able to leave my sect for you, like I told you before I am a selfish, petty man…”

“You are not WanYin and I know a lie when I hear one. I know you would, after these 3 months with you I know you would jump through hoops of fire for me, for those you care about and that touches me deeply, love. But I would never ask you to make another sacrifice. You have made enough for a lifetime, enough for 2 lifetimes. I am happy with this choice WanYin, please believe me when I say all I want is to be with you now and live the rest of my life in peace because you have given me that. You have given me the greatest gift of all my beautiful WanYin before you, I was a desperate, sad man content to wallow in misery and drink myself to death but you opened my heart when I thought that impossible. Don’t deny me love because I cannot take it.”

“XiChen…..of course I won’t I….l...l…lo...love you too…..I just don’t want you to waste your future with me. I am not worth that, I am not better than your sect, your people…..”

“You are, you are perfect in every way WanYin, you are everything I have wanted and I ask you to believe me, to trust me, to let me choose you…”

Jiang Cheng looked down from those bright brown eyes, a little uncomfortable. They have been having this circling conversation for a month now and for that entire month, he had balked at this idea. The idea that Lan XiChen, ZeWu-Jun, Sect Leader of GusuLan would step down for him, would choose him over his sect. No one had ever chosen him. No one had ever looked at him like he was precious the way Lan XiChen did. He didn’t know how to feel about it. He had always been second choice, he was always second best to his mother, to his sister, especially to his father and even to his brother. And it was not like he didn’t believe XiChen, he did, what he didn’t believe in was himself. He wasn’t worthy of this sacrifice. He wasn’t worth the weight of XiChen’s people.

Lan XiChen gazed at him watching the play of emotions across his face. He could read all those tumbling feelings and his heart was warm in his chest. Jiang Cheng would never be able to trick him with silvery words. He would never be able to play him like a master musician like Jin GuangYao and Nie HuaiSang and he knew he would never try to. As amazing as it seemed, the person who had given him the will and the desire to trust again was the most unlikely of people, the fiery SanDu ShengShou, the ferocious Jiang Cheng of the YunmengJiang Sect. And it was true what he had said, that ability to trust again, to sleep in peace, to love another person with his whole heart had been the greatest gift he could have ever received.

He stood there waiting for a reply, hoping Jiang Cheng would let him stay with him. He would step down from his position and he hoped with fierce hope that he could stay with the man who had stolen his heart and he spoke again with a firm, sincere voice reading those lines of worries and that cute frown correctly.

“WanYin love, you are worth it, you are worth that and so much more. I want to choose you love, let me choose you. You are my number one person, my beloved, my partner and I will love you for the rest of my life if you will let me…..so let me, my beautiful WanYin.”

“You…..you will regret this…..I’m…...I’m a terrible match for you XiChen….” He muttered a little hoarsely glancing up into those bright brown eyes, swallowing heavily as a soft smile curled those wicked lips up.

“You are not”

“I swear and drink and I really don’t give a fuck about what I say…….” He continued his voice growing a little softer as he repeated those very same words he had whispered at the lotus pavilion so many months ago.

“I know that but I love you just the same,” Lan XiChen lifted his hands up to cradle his cheeks with both hands and he stepped closer to press a light kiss to his lips uncaring that they were outside, uncaring that anyone could come upon them.

“Will you let me stay with you? Will you let me live with you in Yunmeng? Will you let me love you?”

“Ah…….y…..ye..yes XiChen…..if…..if you really want to….” Jiang Cheng whispered, his voice deep with emotion. He had never before felt so completely loved, so valued, so treasured.

“I do, I really, really do WanYin.”

Lan XiChen kissed him gently one more time before he stepped back again. If he kept kissing Jiang Cheng one thing would lead to another because ever since that wild night they had shared, he simply could not keep his hands to himself. They had made love constantly since then, almost everyday sometimes more than once, sometimes even three or four times. He couldn’t keep his wits about him with WanYin and he had come to understand WangJi. For the first time since Young Master Wei had shown up again he finally understood his brother’s madness and his insatiable lust for his husband for he found himself trapped in that very same madness himself.

“Come love, let’s visit our brothers, I am sure they would be happy to see us,” he spoke with a fond smile, it grew even wider when Jiang Cheng gave him one shy, happy smile of his own.

They walked through the Cloud Recesses hand in hand and Lan XiChen really did not care if someone saw them, so content he was, so happy he was. He knew one day he would marry this man and it was good for others to know that this incredible, beautiful man was his.

They walked down the path enjoying the summer sun as they headed for the jingshi. After the night Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian had mended their relationship the brothers had actually started to send letters to each other falling easily back into their bantering and Lan XiChen had been happy to see that; happy to see his lover healing and growing stronger and stronger as all that guilt and regret fell from around him.

He slept through the night now and ate 3 meals a day, his sharp words just a little softer and his heart just a little warmer.

They turned the corner walking up to the door of the jingshi when they heard an odd muffled sound. They turned curiously to each other before they followed it around the corner when they heard it again just a little louder.

Lan XiChen quirked an eyebrow in confusion as he followed it into the wild bushes that grew around the jingshi. He stepped through the trees with Jiang Cheng as they searched for that odd sound again.

They walked a little deeper, passed a thick copse of trees when XiChen froze. Jiang Cheng, unprepared for him to stop so suddenly walked right into him, he was about to mutter an apology when he froze too.

There in front of them was Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian and that odd sound was immediately and unavoidably obvious when he moaned again long and loud. He was on his knees over Lan Zhan who was laying flat on the ground, his hands wrapped tight around those arching hips as Wei Ying rode him fast and hard. Their bodies slapping together lewdly and XiChen’s ears turned bright red, Jiang Cheng’s cheeks flaring up too with an answering blush as he looked at the scene, too stunned to move.

Lan XiChen stared in shock for a moment. Wei WuXian was facing away from him as he bounced his body up and down on WangJi’s thick cock and XiChen’s brown eyes fell to his hands. They were tied behind him with their sacred ribbon and those long, white tails fluttered into the air with every hard buck of his hips.

They were fucking wildly, their voices deep and hoarse, their bodies arching into each other over and over filling the trees with the sounds of their pleasure.

Wei WuXian threw his head back, his long hair dragging down his back and falling across his bound wrists as he tensed up like a bow, Lan Zhan’s name tumbling from his lips like a prayer. He came so hard, his release shot across his husband’s chest falling in thick white lines along his abs and WangJi groaned heavily in response, his hands digging into those pale hip bones as he came too with a jerking shudder.

That was so lewd to see and XiChen swallowed dryly, his eyes falling back to those bound wrists and he grabbed WanYin’s hand again tugging him back from the scene quickly. He did not have the face to look at his brother after seeing that. They could come back later when the pair was properly situated again.

He stumbled back catching his stride as he pulled his lover with him. He turned the corner of the jingshi again walking fast, Jiang Cheng keeping pace with him.

He may not have ever wished to see his brother’s pleasure but WangJi was nothing if not creative with his love life and XiChen walked just a little faster towards the hanshi. He reached the steps quickly since he and his brother’s homes were fairly close together before he turned glancing at WanYin again.

Jiang Cheng swallowed a gasp when those hot brown eyes met his with a crack of lightning. Lan XiChen had that look that made his knees go weak and he felt his protests die on his tongue as the illustrious GusuLan Sect Leader tugged at his headband. It fell loose immediately and that gorgeous, beautiful, sexy man grabbed his hands looping that white satin band around his wrists to tie them tight before he pulled WanYin by the ribbon into the hanshi, the door snapping shut behind them. It was a long, long time before they emerged again.

And if anyone heard the sounds that came from the hanshi that day no one would ever admit it.

Notes:

Yay! its done lol, thank you so much for everyone who stuck around to see Jiang Cheng and XiChen's happy ending. I'm so happy to see everyone! 💜💙 Thank you for so much love and support ❤️ I rly appreciate it and I am low key sad to end their story. I hope you enjoyed their journey and all the emotional closure they (and I) needed. These 2 characters are arguably my favorite. :) I will be posting the final story in this series soon and I hope you will check out Broken Dreams too. It will be a reconciliation piece for Jin Ling and Wei Ying. Also I have a twitter lol if anyone wants to come geek out with me about mdzs and yoi :) https://twitter.com/brieeze01?s=09

Series this work belongs to: