Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-07-11
Completed:
2021-02-14
Words:
230,830
Chapters:
34/34
Comments:
1,826
Kudos:
1,385
Bookmarks:
323
Hits:
69,307

Let's Play Ball!

Summary:

“You insulted Magnus Bane?!?!” Izzy’s voice reached such a pitch that Alec had to pull his phone away from his ear. “Alec, Magnus is like the unattainable relationship goal. The party boy persona is totally just the surface. He uses social media to hype his business ventures, but he helps out at the VA and children’s hospitals and at least half of his profits from all of his businesses go right to local charities all over the city. And the tabloids haven’t connected him to a serious relationship in like five years. Nothing since the infamous implosion of his relationship with that actress, Camille Belcourt. She supposedly cheated on him with.. shit.. Alec, the rumor was that she cheated on him with half the players on the Dodgers. I think we’ve figured out where his distaste of baseball players stems from.”

*****

Or the one where Magnus and Alec both think the other is a promiscuous horn dog, but they’re actually both holding out hope for someone who cares.

Notes:

All characters belong to Cassandra Clare.
Some lines from the show/books may have been repurposed for this fic.

This was originally a one shot, but then I was asked to continue it by an amazing commenter, Andimc13, who never stopped feeding me inspiration and motivation.
Story banner was made by the illustrious, codenamepenguin

Chapter 1: You Should See Me In A Crown

Chapter Text

Alexander Gideon Lightwood was the shortstop for the San Francisco Giants. It was October and they hadn’t made it to the World Series this year. Logically, he knew, all teams being equal, they only had a 7% chance to make it each season, but when you’ve made it almost every other year in the past decade, sometimes you take it for granted. He knew he hadn’t played his best this year and was trying not to beat himself up about it. There was nothing he could do to change it now. So he decided to give himself the month to blow off some steam and then start his own conditioning schedule to make sure he’d be at his peak again come time for spring training in February.

So when a bunch of his teammates blew up his phone with texts to join them at this hot club they had VIP access to, he considered it as good an opportunity as any to take a break. He hadn’t seen his best friend, Jace, who also happened to be the team’s catcher, in almost two weeks and could always rely on him for a fun night. He and Jace had worked their way up in the Minors together and had ended up being called up to the Majors at the same time. Luckily, their teamwork together early on had translated well with the rest of the players and they had quickly gelled into a cohesive unit.

That had ended up coming in really handy the day Alec’s own father decided to out him on national TV. Robert Lightwood was the General Manager for the LA Lakers and the only thing he hated more than the fact that his eldest son had “decided” to be gay was the fact that that same son decided to play baseball instead of basketball. So the day he found a way to utilize those two things to his own advantage, you can bet your ass he pounced on it.

When in a press conference Robert was asked if they had traded their power forward, Bat Velasquez, because of his sexual orientation, he barely batted an eye, stating, “I am personally offended by this line of questioning. We should all be so much more evolved in this day and age to know better than to think that a player’s sexual orientation has anything to do with their playing ability. Look at my own son. He is a gay, Major League Baseball player and he is doing just fine.” Well, that had sure shifted the focus away from the fact that Bat had definitely been traded for the sole reason of his sexual orientation. And even though Alec knew he was doing more than “just fine”, it still hurt knowing that would be the closest he would ever get to his father ever admitting he was proud of him.

And, knowing the importance of cohesion in team sports, Alec had already come out to his team privately before his father had a chance to shit on yet another part of his life. Alec had always been upfront and honest with any team he had played on for pretty much this exact reason. He knew there was always a chance of it getting out and when it came to a team, if it ever got to them from any other source beside himself, he would never be trusted by them again.

His teammates had been great with the press after Robert’s confession. And because the team rallied behind him, so did their fans. And now that team was going to a club and, damn it, Alec was going to have some fun with them tonight. But an hour before they were set to meet up, Alec realized he didn’t even know which club they were meeting at. He pulled out his phone to text Jace.

~

Alec: Hey, where are we going tonight anyway?

Jace: Underhill didn’t tell you?

Jace: Pandemonium!

Jace: Apparently his boyfriend knows the owner.

Alec: Cool.

~

Shit. Alec knew the owner too. Well, not so much “knew” as much as followed heavily on social media. He wasn’t stalking him, per se. He had been on Izzy’s phone during one of their sibling dinners and was mindlessly scrolling her instagram account when he stumbled across the account of @PrinceBane1623 whom Izzy was following. The picture that caught his attention was of a shirtless Magnus Bane doing yoga in what he could only assume was his lofty home, showered in the golden rays of the sun with a fluffy cat perched on his lower back / ass. The photo was captioned “#DownwardDog with #ClimbingCat aka @chairmanmeow”. As discretely as he could, he had pulled out his own phone and immediately started following him. He may have started following the cat as well.

Later that night he had extensively dove into Magnus’ old posts, tracking the plethora of dance partners, and probably more, at his club that seemed to change as often as his hair color did. The yoga posts were his favorite though. Even though they were posted on such a public platform, they seemed more private, in a way. More intimate and always alone, except for his cat. A look at the man behind the party boy persona. Calm, put together, almost regal. But also maybe lonely?

Alec was intrigued by this man. And this man also happened to be the most beautiful man Alec had ever seen, whether he was wearing a shirt or not. It wasn’t even like the yoga pictures showed so much more of his body than the clubbing pictures. Most of the tops he wore left so little to the imagination, he may as well have not bothered wearing them at all. And the pants he wore to the club usually looked painted on and wouldn’t Alec like to be the one holding that brush.

And now Alec was going to his club.


Alec hung out in the VIP section with the other players for a while, but really only enough to say hi to everyone and share a couple of shots with Jace. If Alec had any chance of getting out of his head, and getting a certain club owner out of his head, he needed to get out on the dance floor. So that’s where he went.

Whenever Alec was trying to be less noticeable and blend into a crowd, he stuck to the blues and greens in his wardrobe. Definitely nothing black, white, or orange like his uniform. So for this night, Alec was in snug denim jeans and a hunter green v-neck. He preferred long sleeves to cover the wing tattoo from his back that ended on each of his biceps since it was now one of his more recognizable features ever since the spread the team did for Sports Illustrated. But the weather outside and the temperature in the club were both too warm and the tips of the wings were definitely peeking through the ends of his sleeves. Oh well.

After a few minutes finding his groove and dancing alongside a few different men and women, Alec noticed the back of a tall man, though still a few inches shorter than himself, dancing in front of him. He was so entranced by the sway of his shoulders, that he failed to notice the ass that he definitely would have recognized by now. Alec made his move and came up behind him, not touching yet, but close enough to share body heat and let his presence be known. This man’s dancing was far superior to his own, but Alec did his best to match the rhythm of his hips to the other man. He was quickly rewarded for his efforts when the man lifted one of his arms, reached behind himself to wrap his fingers around the back of Alec’s neck, and pulled him closer.

“Don’t tease,” the man reprimanded and used his other hand to take Alec’s and place it on his own hip. Alec relished the touch and the warmth of the man in front of him. He let his other hand come to the other hip and used that grip to guide the man’s body just where he wanted him. Alec enjoyed the dance floor. It was one of only a few places where he truly was able to get out of his head and just be in the moment. The only other places were the gym and the field. He knew he was lucky to live in a city that embraced anyone’s orientation and identity so readily, but he still had plenty of other responsibilities and demands on him that usually kept his mind reeling. And then there was his father’s constant and crushing disappointment in him. But on the dance floor, that all could fall away and it was just him and the music. And currently, the intoxicating man in front of him. Which is why he hadn’t taken even a second to think through the words that slipped past his lips when the song died down.

“Come here often?” And if Alec could have slapped himself in the face in that moment, he would have. He felt, more than heard, the chuckle of the man who then began to spin around in his arms to face him.

“Holy shit. You’re Magnus Bane.” Alec really needed to remember how to keep his mouth shut so his thoughts stayed only in his head.

Magnus’ hands reached up to lightly trace the wing tips at his sleeves and looked up into Alec’s wide eyes with a cheeky grin. “And you are Alec Lightwood.” And damn it all if that voice wasn’t even smoother than honey.

“You know who I am?” Alec was mystified and actually forgot that he was a professional athlete in his team’s own town. Of course the locals know who the players of their own team are. Magnus chuckled again.

“Surely this isn’t your first time,” Magnus paused to let the innuendo settle. “That is, the first time you’ve been recognized, is it Darling?” Magnus asked. Magnus rocked backwards slightly so he could let his eyes trail down and back up Alec’s long frame. His hands were still moving along his biceps and there was a smirk dancing on his lips. Alec mindlessly wet his own lips when he had glanced at Magnus’ and Magnus definitely noticed.

“I uh.. yeah.. I mean, no.. Not my first time.. the first time.. that I’ve been recognized.. Fuck.” Alec was a stuttering mess. What was happening? How had this man reduced him to being such a blithering idiot?

Magnus drawled up at the devastatingly handsome athlete, “Usually I know enough about the proclivities of baseball players not to get myself too entangled with the likes of any such athlete, no matter how delicious their ass may look in the pants,” he paused and looked over Alec’s shoulder as if to verify just how delicious Alec’s ass was. “But I think, for you, I may just need to make an exception.”

Alec was so tired of being lumped in with the same stereotype that he completely missed Magnus’ come on. Sure, some of the guys couldn’t keep it in their pants, especially when they were on the road, but that didn’t mean it was the case for everyone. And a lot of people assumed he was worse because he was gay. Like he had this whole line of cleat chasers trailing out the revolving door of his hotel rooms. Maybe when his father had first outed him and his phone number wasn’t quite as private as he had thought it was, he received his fair share of unsolicited dick pics. But Alec was more interested in the whole package. And the whole package was really hard to discern when everyone he met seemed to either care only about his dick or how they could benefit from being associated with the celebrity status of a major league player. Shit, even his own father had taken advantage of that fact.

Alec wasn’t a bit surprised by Magnus’ characterization of him. He was a bit disappointed though. So he slipped into his easy sneer for his response, “Oh, you mean like the proclivities of a bisexual club owner, working his way through his pick of his patrons every night? Would you even know what to do with love if you found it?” Alec didn’t even know what was tumbling out of his mouth. Did he seriously just bring up love with someone he’d just met?

Alec could see by the jerk in Magnus’ shoulders and the softening of his eyes that confirmed, of course, he had been right on target with the effectiveness of his remarks and had cut Magnus down even just as ruthlessly as his father would. He knew immediately that it didn’t have quite the satisfying effect he had been hoping for. But of course it wouldn’t, because he had just caused someone the same pain he was all too familiar with. And he wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Well, maybe on his father. But no one else. And definitely not Magnus. But now it was too late. He could already see Magnus’ eyes harden and his shoulders set themselves high and tight and could only imagine the attack that was about to be directed squarely on him.

“Not that you’ll ever have the opportunity to find out, Alexander, but regardless of my bisexuality or my business success, I am a fiercely loyal friend and boyfriend, when I choose to be one. And I really don’t care for people in my establishment who believe otherwise. I think it is about time that you and your teammates move along to whatever next destination you all have planned. If you would like to avoid the swarm of photographers outside, you are welcome to use the VIP exit.” Magnus wouldn’t even look him in the eye.

“Magnus, I…” But it was already too late. He was walking away without slowing down or even turning his head.

Damn it. Why did he always have to fuck things up?


Alec: So…

Izzy: You fucked something up?

Alec: I fucked something up

Izzy: Give me 10 minutes.

~

Izzy called him as soon as she went on her break. “Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think it is.”

Alec knew he could always rely on Izzy to calm him down. When Alec started to get in his head and overthink things, Izzy never failed to stop the spinning and put everything back into perspective. She had this way about her that made nothing impossible. She just broke things down so effortlessly into manageable pieces until the whole issue, whatever it may have been, was resolved.

“I met a guy.” Alec sighed.

“Alec! That’s fantastic.” There was a pause over the line and Izzy looked at her phone to check that the call hadn’t been dropped. “It is fantastic, isn’t it? What’s wrong? Did you punch him or something? Are we related to him?”

That got a chuckle out of Alec. “No. Definitely not related. And I think punching him would have gotten a better result. I sort of.. insulted his sexuality.” Alec closed his eyes and dropped his forehead to the table he was sitting at with a small thud.

“Alec, you didn’t.”

“I did.” Alec picked his head back off of the table. “I think he was flirting with me, and I was a bumbling fool, but then he all but accused me of being promiscuous because I’m a professional baseball player and I’m just so fed up with that always being put on me that I didn’t realize what I was saying until the word vomit already happened. After basically calling him a slut, I actually told him he wouldn’t know what to do with love if he found it. Who says that to someone at all, let alone someone they’ve just met?”

“Oh, Alec,” Izzy sighed. “He was flirting and trying to let you know that he was interested in you in a sexual way, not trying to insult you. Who was this guy anyway? Where did you meet him?”

“So…” Alec paused, not sure how best to bring up Magnus’ identity. “You kind of actually know of the guy. I went out to a club with a bunch of the team. The club is called Pandemonium. He’s the owner of the club.”

“You insulted Magnus Bane?!?!” Izzy’s voice reached such a pitch that Alec had to pull his phone away from his ear. “Alec, Magnus is like the ultimate yet unattainable relationship goal. The party boy persona is totally just the surface. He uses social media to hype his business ventures, but he helps out at the VA and children’s hospitals and at least half of his profits from all of his businesses go right to local charities all over the city. And the tabloids haven’t connected him to a serious relationship in like five years. Nothing since the infamous implosion of his relationship with that actress, Camille Belcourt. She supposedly cheated on him with.. oh shit.. Alec, the rumor was that she cheated on him with half the players on the Dodgers. I think we’ve figured out where his distaste of baseball players stems from.”

“Shit.” Alec’s head was back on the table. “Izzy, is it even possible to fix this? I only danced with him for maybe ten minutes, but there was this spark of something I’ve never felt before. It’s so hard to meet someone real. What if he was my one shot? Did I ever even have a shot with him?”

“Okay, first of all, Alec, you’re only 28.” Izzy was shifting into big sis mode, even though she was two years younger than Alec. “And secondly, you know how I feel about the idea of having only one perfect partner. No one is perfect. We all have flaws and joining two people together, perfect for each other or not, is always going to take effort. If Magnus really is one of those perfect for you people, then I think you’ll get another shot. If he’s not, there are others out there, I promise.”

Alec sighed but didn’t lift his head up. “Thanks, Iz.”

“Listen, I may have an idea that could help, but I’ve got to get back to work. Talk to you soon? It’s supposed to be nice this weekend. Maybe we could spend some quality brother, sister time at your pool?”

“That sounds great.” Alec tried to sound upbeat but Izzy could hear the defeated tone still in his voice. “Just let me know when you want to come over.”


That weekend, Alec was still moping when Izzy came over to hang out at the pool. Alec was wearing white board shorts that Izzy had thrown at him the minute she arrived, telling him that his ass would look great in them. Alec tried not to be annoyed thinking how hard they would be to keep clean, but he did end up liking them because they made him look the tiniest bit less pale. Izzy, of course, was in a barely there, red bikini. Alec couldn’t understand why it mattered that his ass looked good or that Izzy was trying to look as sexy as possible when it was only the two of them in his back yard. But he knew better than to try to figure out what was going on in Izzy’s brain. He knew she always had her reasons though.

They were talking on and off, mostly about Izzy’s work, decidedly not about how frustrated Alec still was about how he had screwed things up so royally with Magnus. Izzy had roped Alec into helping her paint the nails on her dominant hand since his hands were steadier when they heard the doorbell echo through the house.

“I’ll get it!” Izzy jumped up, not seeming to care about the streak of polish she inadvertently caused Alec to paint onto her knuckle. Halfway into the house, Izzy turned back around, grabbed the bottle of sunscreen off the nearby table, and lobbed it at her brother. “Put more sunscreen on. You know how quickly you burn.” And then she was headed back to answer the door.

Alec huffed, but started reapplying the sunscreen. Absorbed in his task and absentmindedly wondering who could be at the door, he didn’t notice when the beautiful man stepped outside to greet him, not 15 feet in front of him.

Magnus stepped out onto the patio and immediately sucked in a breath. “Well Alexander, aren’t you just the perfect advertisement for proper skin care?” Magnus breathed. Alec’s hands froze and he looked up, instantly remembering that sweet as honey voice. He looked back down at his hands and realized he must look like he was feeling himself up and immediately dropped his hands. He may not have noticed the streak of white at his abdomen that he hadn’t fully rubbed in, but Magnus definitely did.

“Magnus, what are you doing here?” Alec asked incredulously.

“Isabelle said you’d be out here.” Magnus replied nodding his head behind him, only to realize that Izzy was nowhere to be found. They were out there alone.

“No, I mean, like, my house.” Alec countered, still thoroughly confused.

“Oh. Right. Isabelle sort of slid into my DMs a few days ago. Told me she was your sister and that she could promise me that you aren’t the ass that I think you are. Nor are you apparently the baseball lothario I assume you to be. Though with a body like that, I can’t see how that’s possible.”

Alec stood up, still agonizingly unaware of the bit of sunscreen that was now starting to drip down to the hem of his shorts. “Magnus, I am so sorry for what I said the other night. That was totally out of line. I get so bent out of shape by the assumptions of my personal life. Sometimes I feel like I get it twice as bad as the other guys since I’m gay. Not that that’s an excuse. There is no excuse for how rude I was.”

“Well, believe me, I have had more than my fair share of assumption made on my personal life. I completely understand. I’m still not entirely convinced yet that you aren’t the privileged, elitist jock that is typical for.. others with your similar background. Though I do apologize for unknowingly triggering that defense mechanism.”

Alec released the breath he hadn’t realized he was holding. That was probably the best he would get for now. But maybe things weren’t as bad as he had originally thought that they were. Something still felt a bit off though. The whole time Magnus was talking to him, his eyes did not stay on his face. They kept flickering back downward. Like down to Alec’s stomach? Alec looked down, and he finally saw it. The sunscreen. Magnus was looking at a bit of sunscreen that looked a lot like cum, streaked on his abs.

And fuck it all if the combined thoughts of Magnus and cum on his stomach didn’t have Alec starting to harden in his shorts. He quickly jammed his hand onto his stomach and rubbed the last of the sunscreen in.

“Need some help with that?” Magnus suggested while pointing near where Alec’s hand was.

“What??” Alec squawked at Magnus. Surely he wasn’t suggesting what he thought he was. They were still barely acquaintances.

“Your sunscreen. I could do your back.” Magnus clarified. Without waiting for a response, Magnus strolled over, grabbed the sunscreen off the table and straddled the chaise lounge Alec had previously been sitting on. This meant that rather than sit on the side, as Alec had been doing before, he would need to straddle the chaise as well for Magnus to properly reach his back.

“Right. I don’t know. Are you sure you can handle all this?” Alec internally kicked himself. When would he stop trying to pull off cocky? Magnus rolled his eyes. Alec shut his mouth and straddled the chair in front of Magnus.

Before Magnus opened the bottle, he placed a hand on Alec’s back, between his shoulder blades, right in-between the start of both of the wings of Alec’s tattoo. He then began to press forward until Alec was forced to brace himself with his hands against the end of the lounge chair. Alec just sat there, silently, and tried to focus on keeping his breathing steady. At least in this position, Magnus wouldn’t be able to tell the large effect his proximity and touch were having on his body.

Once Magnus seemed to be satisfied with his position, Alec heard the cap of the sunscreen open. The first touch of the sunscreen was cold and Alec jolted backward. Magnus took his hand back, rubbed both hands together to warm it up, and then pressed them on Alec’s back to put him back into the previous position. They were both quiet as Magnus’ hands explored Alec’s back under the pretense of applying sunscreen. He started with Alec’s shoulders, obviously focused on the wings. “We wouldn’t want these to get faded,” he mumbled to himself. He took his time, seemingly tracing every feather long after he ran out of sunscreen. He made sure to get the backs of his arms and Alec shivered with the unintended tickle of his triceps.

When Magnus’ fingers brush the sides of his abs, Alec couldn’t help but tense up his muscles and he heard what sounded like an appreciative hum escape Magnus’ mouth. Then, when Magnus’ thumbs found Alec’s lower back dimples just above his shorts and pressed in, Alec was surprised by the low moan that escaped his own lips.

“I should go” Magnus blurted out as he quickly stood up and turned away from Alec.

“Wait,” Alec interjected, also standing and grabbing Magnus’ wrist before he let his brain overthink anything and before Magnus could exit his life completely again. “Can I have your number?”

“And what would you like to do with that, Alexander?” Magnus slowly turned back around and Alec couldn’t help but notice that he had not been the only one affected by the rub down that had just happened. “Maybe you’d like to text me during the lonely nights you are out on the road?”

“I was hoping to find a reason to use it before then,” Alec responded with a sly smile. He watched Magnus’ Adam’s apple bob as he swallowed and pulled out his own phone. With deft fingers he unlocked it and handed it over to Alec.

“Why don’t you give me yours and we’ll see if I decide to use it.”

Alec quickly punched in his number and started typing in his name. After typing “Alec” he paused, deleted the “c”, and finished typing out his full name, deciding that he really liked how his full name sounded on Magnus’ lips. As an afterthought, he tapped on the emoji keyboard to maybe add something a little extra and noticed that the baseball emoji was in the recently used section. Interesting. He tapped on it to add to the end of his first name, saved it, then quickly texted himself the happy cat emoji, not entirely sure why he chose that one, maybe in deference to Chairman Meow. He heard his phone chime in his pocket. “And now I have your number,” he said, handing the phone back to Magnus.

Magnus narrowed his eyes into a glare and smiled a slightly heated smile up at Alec. “I’ll see you around, Alexander.”


As soon as Alec heard the front door close, he grabbed the sunscreen back off the table and took quick strides directly to the pool house. He slammed the door closed and pressed his back against it, knowing that he couldn’t be seen through any of the windows while he was in that corner of the room. He then dropped his shorts, poured some sunscreen into his hand, and wrapped his hand around his, by now, painfully hard cock.

Alec hissed at the first contact and then moaned as he added pressure, circling his fingers around his well known width. This was not going to take long at all. Alec thought back to Magnus’ hands on his back, the pressure of Magnus pushing his body wherever he wanted him to go. He thought about how he wanted those hand to be the ones currently stroking him up and down, massaging his balls beneath. Alec thought about the moment Magnus had pressed his thumbs into his lower back dimples. Until that moment, he had never known that was an erogenous zone for himself. Had Magnus tried it because it was one for him? Or had he just gone off of some sort of instinct? Or maybe he hadn’t been trying at all. Alec’s hand started to pick up speed as he wondered what other unexplored pleasure Magnus might be able to bring out of him. When he started pondering what pleasure he could provide to Magnus in return while getting to discover his body, Alec reached his peak and let himself fall, cumming into his hand and onto the tiled floor below him.

Alec dropped his head back against the door and let out a breath. Once he was able to steady his breathing again, Alec moved to the bathroom and cleaned himself up. He then went out to the doorway and wiped up the mess he had made on the floor. As he was pulling his shorts back on, Alec heard his phone chime. Then it chimed again. Then again. And again.

~

Magnus: I know you’re a hot, supposedly self-absorbed, rich baseballer, but the way you blush makes me wonder if maybe you really don’t know just how sexy you are.

Magnus: And the way you moan. I almost came in my pants, it was so indecent.

Magnus: Did you have to find the closest place you could hide away as soon as I left, so you could pull out your cock and get off while thinking of me?

Magnus: Because I definitely just came thinking of you.

Magnus: 🩳😮✊🏼💦

~

Alec had just cum while indeed thinking of Magnus before reading the barrage of texts and he was already starting to get hard again, mind wandering to what the odds might be that they had cum at the same time and what Magnus looked like when he came. He needed to respond to Magnus. Magnus had obviously been toying with him. Magnus had been in his home, hands rubbing sunscreen onto his back and now, less than 30 minutes later, texting him that he was jerking off and cumming thinking about him. How was he supposed to play this. He couldn’t be too pliant, right? He couldn’t make this easy. But right now, his dick was telling him all he wanted to do was to be easy, to let Magnus do whatever the fuck he wanted to him again and again.

~

Alec: Show me.

Magnus: God, you always just take whatever you want, don’t you?

Alec: Maybe. But let me be perfectly clear.. I can give just as good as I take.

Magnus: I see

Magnus: And I want to see…

Alec: You first.

Magnus: [picture]

This picture was nothing like any he had seen on Magnus’ instagram feed. The first thing Alec saw was Magnus’ eyes looking up at the camera. He may have had glitter on the lids, but his actual eyes were somehow sparkling like they contained gold. Alec couldn’t fully see Magnus’ mouth, but he was obviously smirking. His eyes gleamed with excitement but also a wordless challenge. Then Alec was looking at Magnus’ mouth. Well, what he could see of it anyway. He could only see the top lip and a few teeth as he grinned with the bottom of his shirt pulled up and held in place by that exquisite mouth. Alec thought that he may already have the look of those lips memorized, easily filling in with his mind what he couldn’t see. Now he just wanted to memorize how those lips would feel. On his own mouth, his neck, wrapped around his cock. Alec’s eyes traveled down to the caramel colored chiseled torso he could see due to how Magnus had his shirt lifted. He also noticed Magnus’ biceps for the first time. The angle of the shirt had caused his sleeves to tug sinfully against the muscles there. Muscles Alec desperately wanted to grasp right then. How had he never noticed them in all of the yoga pictures? He tried to focus back to the current picture, hoping he wouldn’t be disappointed by the next part. And oh fucking hell, he definitely was not. From the angle of the picture, Magnus had held the camera slightly higher than his head to get his whole body in the shot. In Alec’s experience, not many men took a photo like this from this angle because it put their dick furthest from the camera and they feared it made them look smaller. But of course Magnus would be so cocky as to know that he had nothing to worry about. He had his pants down around his knees and a hand around a wonderfully sized dick, and oh fuck, he just noticed the cum on Magnus’ hand and hard, washboard abs. He had the sudden urge to lick Magnus clean.

~

Alec groaned as his own hand returned to his painfully hard cock within his shorts. He had just grabbed more sunscreen to aid his efforts when a new message popped up.

~

Magnus: Well, I’ve shown you mine...

Magnus: (I trust you like what you see) 😉

~

Fuck.

Alec only just then focused on what he had promised. Damn it. All he had wanted was to see any amount of that beautiful body, fuck the consequences. And here they were now. But here was the problem with the consequences. It was one thing for his team and the MLB to be supportive of him being gay, but it was a whole different ball game if pictures of this nature were to surface online where they’d never truly go away. Alec was afraid of his father’s wrath, but also for any future career in baseball. Some part of Alec, not his dick, was telling him that he could trust Magnus. But the rest of him still wasn’t entirely sure.

Alec decided to up the ante a bit and, before he could overthink it, he pulled his AirPods out of his pocket, jammed them into his ears, and hit the button to start a FaceTime call. His only thought being that this way, there’d be no lingering evidence of whatever he was about to show this man.

The screen opened to a shirtless Magnus, one eyebrow raised in approval and curiosity. Magnus had ditched the shirt he had been teasing Alec with in the photo, but his pants were back in place, even if that place was obscenely low on his hips. His abs had been wiped clean. What a waste, he thought wistfully, absentmindedly licking his lips. Alec noticed that Magnus was sitting on a deck chair in a back yard next to a pool that rivaled his own.

Alec cleared his throat when he realized that neither of them had spoken since the call began. Magnus, was obviously patiently waiting for whatever Alec was about to give him. “Where are you?” Alec asked.

“I’m a successful club owner, Alexander, among other things. House parties are an extension of that work. I have multiple places throughout the city for my professional and personal uses. This one happens to be about two miles from yours. I found myself wanting to be out of my car as quickly as possible after leaving your place.”

“Oh” Alec responded lamely. He was trying very hard not to think about the possibilities this man’s regular proximity could have for him. His attempts were obviously failing as he absentmindedly stroked himself a few more times within his shorts at the thought. Shit, he was on FaceTime. Magnus could see his arm moving. “I guess they don’t call you the Prince of Edom Real Estates for nothing.” If he didn’t have one hand holding his phone and one down his shorts, he would’ve just face palmed himself. You’re so lame, Alec.

Magnus just smirked back at him, “Oh Angel, you should see me in a crown.”

And now Alec was definitely picturing Magnus in a crown and nothing else. Focus. Alec took his hand out of his shorts, needing to take back some control of himself and the general situation. “What exactly do you want from me, Magnus? You apparently don’t want or need my fame. You say you abhor anything to do with the likes of people in the sport I am smack in the middle of. Then you text me all these lewd comments and pictures. Are you just fucking with me? Trying to get me in a compromising position so you can try to demolish my career or my father’s or something?”

For just a moment, something seemed to changed in Magnus’ look. Did he look sad? Disappointed? But just as quickly, whatever it was, was gone again. “Alec, I don’t give a fuck who your father is, what money you have, or don’t have for that matter, or what kind of obnoxious, jock friends I’m sure you must have. Like I said, you’re fucking sexy. But you’re more than just a pretty face, aren’t you? You fiercely love your sister, even if she has to save your ass sometimes. Or maybe because she does. And you’ve never once trashed your father, even when he uses you like the enormous dickwad that he is.” Magnus took a breath. He had not intended on quite that extensive of an answer. “Why did you call me?”

“I’m not sure. I trust you, Magnus. I’m not sure why, but I do.”

They both waited in silence for a beat.

“Did you have something you wanted to show me, Alexander?”

And there it was. Because Alec did want to show Magnus. He wanted to show Magnus everything. He wanted Magnus to want him. To keep telling him that he was sexy, that he was having an effect on this man. Because this man was definitely having an effect on him. Alec took a breath and set his phone upright on a side table so he could use both hands. Centering himself in the camera view, Alec hooked his thumbs into the waist of his swim trunks and slowly started to drag them down. He took his eyes off the screen, realizing only then, the downside of doing this on FaceTime. He couldn’t craft the perfect angle and he’d have to see Magnus’ reaction in real time. He didn’t want to admit how nervous he was because Magnus would be the first person to actually see him naked. Plenty of guys had sent him nudes after his father had outed him. But they were never from people genuinely interested in Alec, in Alexander as it were, for him to ever be tempted to engage, let alone send anything back. That is, until now. He wasn’t shy about his body. His father had spent enough money on personal trainers when he still thought he could coerce Alec into a basketball career, plus all the years of baseball and conditioning, that Alec knew he was perfectly fit. But in this moment, he felt like he somehow was bearing his soul.

He didn’t look back up until he heard the appreciative hum in his ears. He picked the phone back up, mostly to have something to do. Then he nervously glanced around the room, not quite sure what he should do next. Should he sit in a chair? But then he’d be exposed to the rest of the backyard and who knew where Izzy was at this point. He wouldn’t want to scar either of them with that. He also noticed that by holding the phone, his bottom half was out of view again. Alec started to get nervous because he realized that he didn’t know what the fuck he was doing!

Magnus could practically see the wheels spinning in Alec’s brain. He was continuing to see the cocky jock facade crumble and it was so damn endearing. He couldn’t help the grin that snuck onto his face as he decided to help out this adorable man. “Why don’t you utilize those beautifully long arms of yours and lift the phone so I can see all of you at the same time. Like the pic I sent you.”

Alec let out an appreciative breath and did as instructed, looking back up at Magnus on his screen.

“Good boy. Look how hard you are. Is that because of me? Did my picture get you all hot and bothered? Or were you hard for me before then? If I remember correctly, I think you were hard for me before I even left your house. I wanted to jump you right there. Climb on top of you and let you take me for a ride. Maybe add some scratch marks.. or bite marks.. to that wonderfully sculpted chest of yours.” Magnus hummed. “And when you grabbed my wrist. Fuck, I wanted you to push me up against a wall and just do whatever the hell you wanted to me.”

Magnus’s voice was so breathy in Alec’s ears, it was almost like he was standing right in front of him. Like he had been not so long ago. Alec remembered again the feel of Magnus’ hand on his back. He bit his lower lip to suppress the groan that almost escaped his mouth. At some point in Magnus’ talking, Alec’s hand had found its way back to his cock, feeling just enough sunscreen left, mixing it with the healthy dose of precum that had gathered, and had begun pumping himself in a steady rhythm.

“That’s not lube on your hand. You’re using the sunscreen, aren’t you?” It wasn’t really a question. “Tell me, is this your second time? Did you already cum for me once using that sunscreen before you called me, Alexander?”

“Yeesss” Alec hissed, still unsure why Magnus’ use of his full first name affected him so much. Fuck, why was it so incredibly hot? His stroking picked up some speed “After you left… Before you started… texting me.”

“Naughty boy. I think I’ll have to punish you for that. Or if you ever do it again without my express permission. Including right now.” It was not lost on Magnus that Alec’s stroking had started becoming erratic. He was getting close to his release. “Stop, Alexander.”

Alec actually listened, stopping his hand at the base of his cock and squeezing. He would not whine though. No matter how much he wanted to, he would not let Magnus hear him whine or beg. Not yet, anyway. He tried to glare at Magnus through the screen, not entirely sure it was effective at all.

Magnus continued, “You think you can have whatever you want, including thoughts of my image, for your own amusement and pleasure. Someone needs to teach you that that’s not going to work anymore. Teach you that sometimes you have to wait for it. That sometimes even if you wait for it like a good boy, you won’t get it at all.”

Alec’s eyes widened with that implication. Would Magnus really withhold this from him? Of course he would. He’s an asshole. He shouldn’t be surprised. Also, Alec could do whatever the fuck he wanted. He was a grown-ass man and didn’t need Magnus or anyone else, for that matter, telling him when he could or couldn’t cum. Or did he?

He could feel the blush beginning and looked down at his feet.

Double Fuck.

“Alexander, look at me.” Magnus commanded. Alec obeyed. “Are you done taking what does not belong to you and has not been freely given?”

Alec could only nod.

“Use your words. I know your father paid handsomely for that Ivy education of yours. We wouldn’t want him disappointed in your lousy communication skills, now would we?”

Alec’s eyes darkened as he looked back to Magnus. Bringing up his father during this power play was a low blow and it hit too close for his liking. “Leave my fucking father out of this, whatever the fuck this is. There’s a man who takes what hasn’t been freely given. I will never be like him.” He almost spat the last words out.

Magnus was taken aback. He had briefly forgotten the tight string they were balancing on. The anger and defenses that seemed to loom just under the surface ready to strike if provoked. He had overstepped and searched quickly for a way to dial it back, to still get Alec the release he was craving. Magnus was craving that release for him too.

Carefully, Magnus began again softening his voice, “I’m sorry, Alexander. I was out of line. I can already tell that you are different. It’s rare to find someone in your position in life with such an open heart. I want to make you feel good. Will you let me do that?”

“Magnus” Alec moaned, the darkness in his eyes immediately clearing again with Magnus’ reassurances.

Magnus could see the desperation in his eyes and knew what he needed to do. With his own desperation, Magnus was ready to bring it home. “Okay. Put your phone back on the table or wherever you had it before. Wonderful. Now start stroking that delicious cock again. Close your eyes. Good. Rub your other thumb against your lips. Can you feel that? The next time you see me, I give you permission to drag me wherever you need to and take my mouth with yours however you see fit. Freely given. Now move your hand down to your neck. I have not been able to get this gorgeous neck out of my mind since I saw you in my club. If you’d let me, I don’t know if I could ever let go of that neck with my hand. My mouth. That’s what I was thinking about when I came earlier. Your cock straining in those swim trunks, the not-jizz on your abs, and that gorgeous neck. Will you cum for me? Think of my breath. My lips. My tongue. My teeth. On your neck. Are you ready?”

“Fuck.. Magnus.. Yes..”

“Then cum for me, Alexander.”

Magnus saying his name brought him over that final edge for the second time in an hour. He moaned Magnus’ name as his powerful load shot out of him. He felt rope after rope hit his stomach and a few drops even hit his neck where his hand had just been.

When Alec opened his eyes, still coming down from his phenomenal orgasm, heart still pounding, he picked up his phone and saw that Magnus had ended the call. Okay, no small talk after. He probably shouldn’t be surprised, but he realized he was a little disappointed.

Alec’s phone vibrated and chimed in his hand. A new message had come through.

~

Magnus: You are absolutely stunning!

Magnus: Don’t think I couldn’t figure out that you called to try to prevent me from having any keepsakes of my own, even though you have one of me.

Magnus: You do know what a screen shot is, right, Alexander?

Magnus: [3 pictures]

1st picture: Alec’s eyes half open and glassy, teeth biting at his lower lip, swim shorts halfway down his thighs, the shaft of his cock visible, right before it had sprung free and slapped his stomach.

2nd picture: Alec’s eyes closed, mouth fallen open, hand grasping his cock. Was his hand actually blurry in this picture??

3rd picture: Goofy grin, cum covering his abs and a couple spots on his neck.

~

Alec’s heart sunk until the next message came through.

~

Magnus: Don’t worry, Darling. I will never let another living soul see these. I have no intention of sharing you.

~

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.