Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of Star Trek Vs Star Wars
Stats:
Published:
2020-06-04
Completed:
2020-06-05
Words:
30,932
Chapters:
11/11
Kudos:
1
Hits:
133

Star Trek Vs Star Wars: Project Chimaera

Summary:

6 months after the decisive Battle of Tatooine, the Federation is now losing the war. And with Captain Trent in captivity by the Empire, Commander Aldrin stuck on Deep Space 9 and the USS Enterprise off to the Gamma Quadrant, times are getting desperate. Will the Federation prevail in it's darkest hour? Comments and opinions are welcome.

Chapter 1: Lost Hope

Chapter Text

Star Trek Vs Star Wars: 

Project Chimaera

The tables have turned! Following the defeat of the Federation invasion force at Tatooine, the war has now favoured the Galactic Empire. With new ships, equipment and a thirst for vengeance, they have re-invaded Federation, Romulan and Klingon space, establishing spheres of control and occupancy across known space as they further expand their territory across the Galaxy.

Meanwhile, the Federation and it’s allies have been struggling to counter these attacks. Without the advantage of confusion they had before, the Federation now has very few ships that can defend it from the Empire’s new tactics. Furthermore, with the Klingons and Romulans too occupied with their own problems to help the Federation, they are once again alone in defending themselves from the Imperial invasion.

With morale at an all time low and battles happening all over Federation space, the Federation has resorted to more desperate measures. The USS Enterprise has been dispatched to Deep Space Nine to receive new orders which could turn the outcome of the war. If their mission fails, the fate of the entire quadrant could shift irreversibly…

 

Chapter 1: Lost Hope

In the depths of the Denorios Belt, asteroids tumbled and flew undisturbed. The belt had been where these relatively small lumps of rock, ice and minerals had lived for millions of years prior, ever since the Bajoran system had been formed inside the forge of a now forgotten Nebula. These leftovers from the creation we’re now destined to aimlessly orbit their home star from billions of kilometres away, unless they were knocked out of place by an unseen force and either ejected out into deep space or pushed deeper into the system, where it would then orbit the Bajoran Star from a much closer perspective. 

The asteroids were not alone, however, as an old Cardassian ore-processing station came into view. The station, now called Deep Space Nine, stood guard outside one of the most important Federation discoveries of the century, the first stable wormhole in existence. Over the years, it had survived attacks from multiple enemies, including the Klingons and Dominion, and was considered one of the most important outposts in existence.

A Sovereign Class ship approached Deep Space Nine, flying into the clearing where the station sat. The ship, identified as the USS Enterprise, glided up to one of the station’s protruding arms, before precisely aligning itself with the airlock doors. As the station extended it’s docking clamps to attach to the Enterprise, a welcoming party got ready in the docking area.

Outside the airlock, Colonel Kira Nerys stood in front of the doors as her senior staff got into position behind her. She was about to welcome the commanding officer of the Flagship of Starfleet, and while a welcoming party seemed unnecessary, especially in the current dire situation, but the pleasantry was still welcome for morale.

“Why are we doing this?” Impatiently asked Lieutenant Junior Grade Nog, the station’s Chief Engineer. “Some of us have more important things to do.”

“I told you this before Lieutenant,” answered Kira, “we still hold to principle during wartime. Now you may not want this sort of thing, but Admiral Picard’s the sort of person who likes this sort of thing.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Because he’s a very old human, and from what I can tell, old humans tend to cling to tradition like a blanket.”

“...fine.” 

The doors suddenly began to hiss open, snapping everyone back to attention as they began to roll away. Within moments, the gear shaped doors had rolled away to reveal their temporary visitor; Admiral Jean-Luc Picard, followed by his first officer, Commander Worf, and his aide, Ensign Organa, who was accompanied by a small astromech. Kira has studied the Ensign’s origins thoroughly beforehand, and was ready to expect anything different from this human from another universe.

“On behalf of the people of this station, we welcome you to Deep Space Nine, Admiral Picard.” Welcomed Kira.

“On behalf of the crew of the Enterprise, I thank you for welcoming us in this way in such short notice.” Replied Picard.

“I assume you’ll want to review Fleet Admiral Ross’ orders to you.” 

“Yes, if you don’t mind, I’d like to use your office in private for this matter.” Requested Picard. “I believe it was in my orders that I get my orders in private here.”

“Of course, Admiral.” Answered Kira. “You have the entire station at your disposal.”

“Understood Colonel.” Stated Picard as he began to walk past the welcoming party. Before he left the room though, he whispered into Kira’s ear.

“Oh, and next time, you can forget the ceremony. I may be old but I don’t like to follow standard Admiralty traditions.”

“...of course Admiral.” Replied Kira, slightly confused as to what he had just told her. The rest of the Enterprise crew proceeded to walk out the door towards the rest of the station.

“Damn lady you just wrecked by Picard!” Blurted out the Astromech droid. “Ahh, I’m not that funny am I?”

“R2, you’re being rude.” Scolded Ensign as she stepped out the door, giving R2 a scornful look as he used his front stabilising leg to pull him over the airlock bump on the bottom.

“But Ma’am, I thought I was funny.” Complained R2 as he turned around the corner with the others and vanished.

“She’s not like any human I’ve ever seen before.” Commented Nog.

“Kill the comments Lieutenant.” Ordered Kira. “Every to their stations.”

“Yes sir.” Came from everyone in the room as Kira ran to catch up with Picard.

 

Later, she and Picard were in her office on the ops deck as she helped him with how to use the office computer.

“With that be all Colonel?” Asked Picard.

“Yes sir. You should be able to set up the station’s new holographic comm system to your preferences.”

“Very well then. Thank you.”

“The pleasure was mine Admiral.” Kira walked out of the room and the door sealed shut behind her. Picard types in the comm codes for the meeting, and very quickly, the forms of Admirals Ross, McArthur and Shimizu materialised in front of him. The glass on the office doors crystallised to hide their conversation.

“Admiral Picard.” Greeted Ross. Picard was surprised at the quality of the image, and how they were having this holographic conversation despite being thousands of light years apart. “My apologies for summoning you to Deep Space Nine for this matter, but not even the Enterprise’s comms are secure enough for the conversation we’re about to have.”

“Oh, you don’t have to apologise Admiral.” Replied Picard. “Just tell me what I need to do.”

“As you are well aware, the past 6 months have been somewhat… difficult for the Federation alliance.” Began Ross. “Admiral Halsey took a lot of ships out of the fight when he tried to attack the Eclipse. Without those ships to help defend the anomaly, we quickly lost it to imperial strike forces.”

“Some of us still think that if Halsey had been left to carry out his plan without impediment, we would have succeeded.” Interrupted Shimizu. Everyone knew that she had been in league with Halsey throughout the Dominion War, helping him carry out his plans of mass-murder and war crimes. It was only because of the current situation that she was still even in Starfleet.

“But even if we let him carry it out without resistance, it still wouldn’t matter.” Argued McArthur. “The Empire would still ambush the fleet while they weren’t ready, and instead of just barely surviving we would have been wiped out!”

“Fellow Admirals, I understand your reasons for your conflicted opinions in this matter.” Silenced Picard. “However, as I recall, that is not what we were discussing.”

“As I was saying,” continued Ross with a look of distaste on his face, “the Federation Alliance is now on the back foot. The Klingons and Romulans are too busy fending off their own invasions to help us, and the attacks are only increasing in strength and regularity. At the rate at which they are occurring now, analysts at Starfleet Command have predicted the complete annihilation of the Alpha and Beta quadrant powers in at least 4 months. There’s no telling how far they’ve expanded into the Gamma and Delta quadrants.”

“Which is why your mission is of utmost importance Picard.” Added McArthur. “You are to take the Enterprise to the Founder’s Homeworld in the Gamma Quadrant and try to get them on our side. With a fleet of their size, they should have had no difficulty dispatching the Imperials from their space.”

“Understood Admirals.” Replied Picard. “What do I do if we come under attack?”

“We won’t be able to send you back up, as the fleet’s too busy defending territories across the Federation.” Answered Shimizu. “If a fight breaks out, you’ll be all alone.”

“However, if Bajor comes under attack, you will have to withdraw to assist Deep Space Nine in defending the sector.” Included Ross. “We can’t afford to lose this sector to the Empire. They’ve already taken too much.”

“Ivor, Betazed, Axanar, nearly a third of our space is under their control.” Listed McArthur. “If your mission fails, the war is lost.”

“I’ll do my best.” Finished Picard. “Picard out.”

Picard presses the end comm button on the computer, and the projections of Ross, McArthur and Shimizu faded away into nothing. He turned to the office’s window out into space, and watched as the Bajoran Wormhole brilliantly flared open to reveal a small asteroid which had drifted into it’s maw on the other side. Looking around, he was entranced in his own thoughts; was he ever supposed to be going on this mission? Could the Federation ever prevail against the Empire, an enemy so alike, yet so very different? Would the Enterprise prevail against the Dominion, one of the Federation’s greatest enemies? Whatever the answers to his questions, he knew he would find out, sooner or later.

In another section of Deep Space Nine, Commander Miral Aldrin gazed out into the depths of space. It had been 6 months since she and the surviving crew of the Arizona had been cast aside here on Deep Space Nine, while Starfleet was preoccupied attempting to fight the Galactic Empire within it’s own territories. Simply put, she had been effectively forgotten as the Federation fought on without her. Numerous times she had assisted Deep Space Nine in defending the sector, maybe through piloting one of the station’s Danube Class runabouts, or assisting a technical officer with repairs, but otherwise, no-one had noticed her.

Commander Aldrin’s personal log, Stardate 58213.33.  It feels like forever since the Battle of Tatooine, ever since we lost the Arizona. The more I stay here, the more I seem to get restless. Sure, every now and then they give me something to do, but other than that, I feel left out. Surely someone at command’s noticed me and even considered transferring me. Nevertheless, I must remain here, waiting for my turn on the cosmic chess board.

“Commander Aldrin!” Called a voice, startling her as she turned to see who was calling her. It was Lieutenant Hawk, who, like herself, was effectively trapped aboard Deep Space Nine. “I was just checking if you wanted to have a drink.”

“Sure, Lieutenant.” Answered Aldrin. “Who else is coming?”

“Well, I’ve already got Jason and Th’etonnor, and Dolovain’s reserving the seats down at the bar here.”

“Ok then. I’ll see you down there.”

A few minutes later, Aldrin was just sitting down at Quarks at a round table with the others in the group, as a ferengi with a purple suit came right up to them. 

“Welcome to Quark’s ladies and gentlemen, now what can I get for you today?” He asked with a look of eagerness on his face.

“I’ll get a Synthetic Vodka, Andorian Ale, Root Beer and water.” Answered Hawk.

“Yes...yes...mmhmm.” He muttered as he wrote their orders on his PADD. “Wait a minute. There’s four drinks and there’s five of you.”

“Oh, I’ll just get whatever’s really popular around here.” Piped up Aldrin.

“Ok.” The Ferengi whittled down the last order before hurrying off to the counter to make it.

“Was that Quark himself?” Asked Horan.

“I guess so.” Responded Dolovain. “His face is on the logo at the front.”

“But why’s he taking orders? Wouldn’t he be behind the counter?”

“I heard there was a bit of an altercation between him and his staff a while ago.” Answered Th’etonnor. “Not that he would care anyway. The less people he employs, the more money he can keep to himself.”

“I’m not sure that’s what’s in the Rules of Acquisition but I can go with that.” Commented Aldrin.

“Anyway,” began Hawk, “how’s everyone been keeping?”

“I contacted my family yesterday.” Notes Th’etonnor. “My wives and husband are still worried, but understand my extended presence here.”

“Well I can now say that this is the third time my Mum has contacted Starfleet asking if I was dead because I didn’t answer her calls.” Announced Horan.

“Awww, what was it this time?” Asked Hawk. “Did you have another one of your ‘incidents’ with a girl here?”

“No actually, I had to help Commander T’pon upgrade the station’s sensor net across the sector to scan Hyperspace.” Answered Horan.

“Your mother frets too much about you.” Commented Dolovain. “When I was your age, my mother had 7 other children to worry about.”

“Well just be glad your mothers have some presence in your lives.” Stated Aldrin. “Neither of my parents cared for me at all. I was living alone most of the time on Luna.”

“Here’s your order.” Announced Quark in front of them. He listed them out as he put them on the table. “A synthetic Vodka, an Andorian Ale, a Root Beer, a glass of water… and a Romulan Ale.”

“I’m sorry, is that what’s popular currently?” Asked Aldrin. 

“Why of course it is!” Answered Quark in an annoyed tone. “I can only get this whenever the Romulans side with the Federation in a war! It’s on special tonight.”

“I see.” Commented Aldrin. She picked up the glass of Romulan Ale and studied it for a moment. Then, without hesitation, she down the whole glass in one go, everyone present stunned as she consumed the blue liquid without stopping. She slammed the glass back on the table as she threw her head forwards, swallowing what remained of the drink with a gulp.

“Mmm, that stuff’s good.” She commented as everyone recovered from the shock. “Could you bring me the bottle?”

“W-w-w-why yes of course.” Stuttered Quark, hurrying away back to the counter.

“Are you sure you want an entire bottle of that stuff?” Asked Hawk. “I’ve heard it’s pretty strong.”

“Lieutenant, what you’ve heard is bull crap.” Replied Aldrin as the others began tentatively sipping their drinks. “I can go all night.”

 

Six bottles of Romulan Ale and three Kanar glasses later, a drunken Commander Aldrin was being helped home by Hawk and Horan.

“Wait, howz it that youze two aren’t wasted like me?” Asked Aldrin as she stumbled on her own feet. 

“Well I think it’s safe to say that six bottles of Romulan Ale is too much for you.” Replied Hawk.

“And it is in fact too much for anyone.” Added Horan. “Based on the alcohol level of Romulan ale, I’ve calculated that the safest amount of that stuff anyone can have is 2 bottles, and that’s not considering the three glasses of Kanar you also had.”

“B-b-but I finished off hiz stock, didn’t I?” Moaned Aldrin as she drove the group into the wall after mistakenly thinking it was the door to her quarters.

“I think what you need is a good night’s sleep Commander.” Stated Horan. “Let the alcoholic effects wear off overnight and then you’ll be reasonably fresh in the morning.”

“Shut up, you know thatz what everyone says, at least I think thatz what everyone says, yeah it iz what everyone says.” Snapped Aldrin.

“With all due respect ma’a-” was all Horan could get out before she put her right index finger up to his mouth.

“Shhhhhhhh.” She spurted out as they fineally reached Aldrin’s quarters.

“Well, we’re here.” Announced Hawk. She started imputing the key code to get in the door as Aldrin began to pour out a river of words.

“You know, I feel sorry that...um...Captain Trent sacrifized himzelf to, um...you know, save uz from the *hic* Empire. It waz a bit of a, what’s that word again...oh yez, it waz a bit of a waste though. The Empire’s still smashing uz to pieces with their...umm...fleet that’s the word. Oh how I *hic* wish he was still with uz now, he’d have some sort of speech thingy or some sort of battle plan.”

“Yeah, he would.” Uninterestedly, Hawk commented as she finished the code. The doors hissed open to reveal Aldrin’s quarters, still just as pristine as they usually were. “Well, this is your stop.”

Hawk and Horan hoisted Aldrin off their shoulders, as she stumbled into her quarters. She fumbled around for a moment, taking in the view like it was her first time ever seeing it.

“Good night Commander.” Ended Hawk. The doors hissed shut as Aldrin stared at the two of them.

“I knew it!” Proclaimed Horan. “She’s obsessed with Captain Trent.”

“Well what do you want me to do about it?” Complained Hawk. “It’s not like I can tell her ‘oh hey there, you know that guy you like that’s dead now? Yeah, we’re going to have to tell you to stop being so into him right now.’ We don’t have any solid evidence aside from some random thing she said while she was drunk! Besides, she’s a Commander, and we’re a pair of Lieutenants, so neither of us have the authority to tell her to stop.”

“Well then, what do we do?” Asked Horan. “She can’t go on like this. Her obsession with the Captain is preventing her and all of us from moving on.”

“Well, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.” Answered Hawk. The pair turned away from the door as they both walked away together, leaving Aldrin to sober up inside her cabin.