Actions

Work Header

my head’s underwater, but i’m breathing fine

Summary:

“For me, when I picture the person I want to end up with, I don’t think about what their career is, or what they look like. I picture the feeling I get when I’m with them.”

A collection of Barlyle prompts.

Each prompt is unrelated unless otherwise marked.
Ratings vary by chapter!

Notes:

Hello, hello!

I am currently working on a very big Barlyle project. A few people know what it’s about, but others don’t. I do not have an exact timeline for it, but it is probably going to take me a long time to write because I want to get everything as accurate as possible, which means it will be my main focus for awhile. However, I didn’t want inactivity to seem like I’ve abandoned this ship, so I’ve decided to create this new collection of Barlyle prompts! The title is taken from the song All of Me by John Legend.

This collection will probably, mostly, be of bite-sized drabbles that do not connect to one another. However, if there end up being some that are connected in plot, I will mark them! Each chapter will be rated and marked differently for content warnings.

Enjoy!

——

swan
rated: T
warnings: none

Chapter 1: swan

Chapter Text

The warm summer sun bounces off the water and reflects, blue and bluer, in Phillip’s eyes.

Phineas watches, mesmerized, as Phillip, bare as the day he was born, takes one deep breath and dives gracefully, like a swan, into the lake.

Phineas watches, enchanted, as Phillip bursts up for air. He laughs, water dripping from the ends of his soaked hair, and calls out to Phineas.

“Coming?”

They are alone. Nobody around for miles. Phineas knows that he is the one person Phillip can be himself around, and yet he has never seen the main so... carefree.

Phillip stares at him, blue eyes sparkling, and waits.

A grin spreads across Phineas’s mouth, and he follows his swan into the water.