Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-07
Completed:
2020-08-14
Words:
33,259
Chapters:
100/100
Comments:
40
Kudos:
377
Bookmarks:
7
Hits:
9,644

100 Drabble Challenge

Summary:

A drabble a day keeps my writer's block away! (Hopefully)
-
I really want this to outlast quarantine..

Notes:

Some of these might be a bit too long to be considered drabbles but.. eh
These are either warmups or just random drabbles, and they're not gonna be that good
Also this will be multi-fandom, but all chapters are gonna be labeled with the ship so you don't have to look endlessly to find what you want
Plus, the warnings of each drabble will be in the chapter summary if there are any
Oh, and I'm not following a prompt list or anything. Just writing whatever I want
A lil update: tsym for over 100 kudos!! What?? I... Thank you??? I'm just so,, shocked, I guess. I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time, and I'm glad that people like my dumb little drabbles haha.

Chapter 1: Drabble 1 - Norrayemma

Summary:

Emma is very affectionate. (Domestic fluff)

Chapter Text

 

Ray smiled, just a little bit, at the scene before him.

 

Emma was sleepily clinging to Norman, who kissed her on the forehead and gently held her in his arms. Still, Ray was the responsible one (or he told himself he had to be).

 

"You two, stop being cute and wake up already." He set down two mugs filled with coffee down in front of them. "We have stuff to do today."

 

"But I don't wanna..." Emma stood up, taking Norman with her, and wrapped her arms around Ray's waist. "I'd rather just cuddle all day."

 

"Me too." Norman laughed, and hugged Ray's neck, clearly already awake and just going along with whatever Emma was doing.

 

"Please, Ray?" Emma pouted, looking up at Ray with her signature begging face. It was hard not to be swayed by that and Norman's smile, but Ray kept his resolve.

 

"No." He pushed both of them away, going back to the kitchen to get his own coffee. When he returned, Emma looked really disappointed, and he sighed. "We can cuddle later..."

 

"Yay!" Emma jumped back onto him, now suddenly full of energy (Ray wasn't sure she even needed coffee). "Thank you! Norman, we have to get our work done extra quick so that we can cuddle with Ray!"

 

"That's a horrible reason." Ray gently hit her head.

 

Chapter 2: Drabble 2 - Kaomisa

Summary:

Misaki finds herself performing with the very handsome bard that everyone's been talking about. (D&D AU)

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Misaki woke up, looked out the window, and immediately ran outside.

 

She saw a woman with long, purple hair strumming a stringed instrument. Of course she's here. She didn't know whether to be excited or not. When she had gone out of town to visit her younger sister, she couldn't stop talking about the handsome bard with the lovely voice that had come to visit.

 

"She might be heading for your village next, so keep an eye out!" Her sister had said, but Misaki never actually thought she would be there. She hadn't really gotten all the hype her sister had, until the woman opened her (absolutely stunning) red eyes and started speaking in a low voice that flowed melodically.

 

"But of course, what is a bard without a performance partner?" She reached out a hand, looking over everyone in the crowd. And then, her eyes landed on Misaki, who dreaded what was about to happen. "You, the fair maiden with the long, black hair! Would you care to assist me?"

 

"Me?" Misaki asked dumbly. She had never known how to act around cute girls. "Oh, no, I don't-"

 

"Nonsense, my dear!" She got off the small makeshift stage and took Misaki's hand. "The art of song is one that will come naturally, even to those inexperienced."

 

"Wait, you expect me to improvise?!" It was too late. She was already alongside the bard, who started strumming a simple tune.

 

"Of course." Misaki was completely dumbfounded, not at all helped by the fact that she was just so gay. "Don't worry, I believe in you." Suddenly, her demeanor completely changed. Her smile was more genuine, and she almost seemed to look fondly at Misaki.

 

"Sure??" Might as well give it a shot.

 

It was so much more fun than she could've ever imagined.

 

Notes:

I'm probably going to make a.. sequel? Drabble after this bc I like this concept a lot haha (also stan kaomisa ok bye)

Chapter 3: Drabble 3 - Rayemma

Summary:

Ray and Emma almost burn the house down. Or, more accurately, Emma almost burns the house down.
Norman doesn't know how this happened. (Even more domestic fluff.. what can I say I'm soft)

Notes:

This ended up being longer than expected..whoops

Chapter Text

 

"... So, you're saying your house is on fire." Norman was having trouble processing the things Ray had said. He knew that Emma was irresponsible and Ray had a tendency to not notice his surroundings, but this...?

 

"Yeah." Somehow, even in this situation, Ray (at least sounded like he) was keeping his cool. "Or, more accurately, Emma tried to cook something."

 

"Hey! You were the one who told me to." From what Norman could hear over the phone, the two of them were just standing outside the house.

 

"No, you were complaining about always having to eat out or have microwave food, and I told you if you were so bothered, to learn how to cook yourself." He paused. "In retrospect, not the best idea."

 

"Ok, well, you guys did call the fire department, right?"

 

"Eventually," Ray snorted. "First, Emma was panicking, which is the only reason this escalated so far. And then, she insisted that we call you first, but I talked her out of it. So now we're just waiting for them to show up."

 

Norman shook his head in pure disbelief. Truthfully, he was a bit concerned when he had first heard that Ray and Emma were moving in together because the two of them together only lead to disaster. It had been about a year, so he thought he was wrong about that, but apparently not.

 

"Well, I'm sorry for wanting to tell Norman about this first!"

 

"You should be. What kind of idiot-"

 

"Hey! I'm very smart!"

 

"Suuure, Emma."

 

"Okay, guys," Norman interrupted. "The good thing is, you're safe and help is coming."

 

"Yeah! That's right!" Emma audibly perked up, paying testiment to how long the three of them had been friends if Norman could hear when she was happy. "You should be more prepared for disaster, Ray. He didn't tell you this, Norman, but Ray was the one panicking."

 

"I definitely wasn't. And of course I'm prepared for disaster, all the time. Why do you think I married you?"

 

"Awwww, Ray..."

 

"It wasn't a compliment."

 

"Well, you two have fun not dying. I have a meeting to do to."

 

"Bye, Norman!"

 

"Later."

 

Chapter 4: Drabble 4 - Masurokka

Summary:

Masuki and Rokka go ice skating. (Good ol fluff)

Chapter Text

 

Rokka was clinging to her girlfriend very tightly, squeezing her eyes shut, and burying her face in Masuki's chest. Her legs felt unstable and wobbly on the ice, causing her to panic and making her situation worse.

 

"Rokka..." Masuki, on the other hand, was mostly stable, and helped hold Rokka upright by her waist. "You okay?"

 

"No..." Rokka's voice was more panicked than she expected it to be. "I... I can't do this!"

 

"'Course you can." Masuki grinned, gently peeling Rokka off of her (and made sure to keep holding her hand), and guiding her to a wall so that she could lean on it. "You just have to calm down, and have more confidence."

 

"... Really?" Rokka took a deep breath, and attempted to center herself. Tightening her grip on Masuki's hand, she (very) slowly skated away from the edge. "...! Masuki-san! I did it!" She smiled brightly.

 

"Told'ya." Masuki's smile was fond, and she skated out to join her girlfriend. However, Rokka was too excited that she managed to not fall over that she immediately fell over.

 

"A-ah..." She just laid there, defeated. Masuki laughed, and helped her up.

 

"It's a start. Ready to have some fun?" Rokka nodded, a determined smile on her face.

 

"Yeah!"

 

Chapter 5: Drabble 5 - Rinmaki

Summary:

Maki and Rin go on a ramen date. (Mm. Fluff)

Notes:

I'm surprised I managed to keep only 2 fandoms up until now tbh. Anyway rinmaki is like one of my ultimate comfort ships pls see how cute they are
This is actually the first ll fic I've ever posted. Neat

Chapter Text

 

The bowl of ramen was bigger than Maki expected it to be. She knew that Rin had ordered it for them to share, and she also knew that Rin would end up eating most of it, but it was still impressive.

 

"Wow, it looks so good!" That was one of the things Maki loved about Rin, her excited smile whenever she saw something she really liked. It was cute. "Ooah, I can't wait to eat it...!!"

 

"Don't eat it too quickly, Rin." Maki made sure to remind her, knowing her girlfriend tended to do that.

 

"Of course! I'll savor every bite." She started eating some of the toppings, an expression of pure joy quickly melting onto her face as she chewed. Maki ate some as well, surprised to see just how good it was. She had eaten ramen before, of course, but it had always been at more expensive places. She started to understand why Rin liked it so much (maybe not to her level, though).

 

After most of the foods on top were gone, the two of them started on the noodles, with minimal conversation besides a few remarks of how good it tasted. At one point, Maki grabbed a particularly long noodle, and started eating it. Rin also grabbed a noodle with her chopsticks and put it in her mouth, closing her eyes while enjoying the taste of the flavoring.

 

It wasn't until a few moments later that Maki noticed they had grabbed opposite ends of the same noodle. Rin's face was rapidly getting closer to hers, and she considered telling her, but she decided against it. If she had her first kiss in such a cliche way, she wouldn't be mad.

 

Their lips met, and Rin jumped a little, surprised. But, she quickly leaned into it, starting to blush. Maki even closed her eyes too, and pulled away after a few moments.

 

"Ehehe..." Rin giggled, scratching the back of her neck. Maki was also blushing, and they ate in silence for a bit. Even though they were already dating, it hadn't been that long, and she was still a little embarrassed about showing affection in public.

 

"C'mon, help me finish the ramen, it's a school night and I have homework to do."

 

"Okay!" Rin tilted her head in thought. "What time is it?"

 

"7:30, Rin."

 

"Really? Then, let's finish this ramen!"

 

"You're making it sound like it's some big quest or something." Maki rolled her eyes, unable to stop herself from grinning.

 

Maybe this relationship wouldn't be such a mess, after all.

 

Chapter 6: Drabble 6 - Masurokka

Summary:

Just Masuki bein gay.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

God, Masuki was so in love.

 

Rokka had been shocked that she would get to perform with Popipa, and asked Masuki to pinch her cheeks. Blushing, eyes closed, doing that weird cute thing where she was just saying whatever she wanted.

 

Masuki was a bit embarrassed to admit that she had always wanted to do this. It wasn't her fault that Rokka's cheeks were absolutely adorable and practically calling to her, to feel them heat up at her touch, for Rokka to...

 

In any case, this was no opportunity to miss out on. She quickly said something that was a mix of shock and excitement, but her only (slightly) coherent thought was on that cute girl right in front of her.

 

Rokka's face was as soft as it looked. Masuki couldn't help but relish the feeling, making sure to be as gentle as her gay self could. She felt a bit weird, something she imagined was close to death, but in a good way. Her heart was racing and she felt a strange tingling feeling in her stomach, but it was enjoyable.

 

Masuki didn't know how or when she had become such a lovestruck fool, but she wasn't complaining anytime soon.

 

Notes:

I finally watched bandori s3 earlier today and WHOOOOO BOY these two are GAYYYY
Also just in time for Masuki's birthday! She's my second best girl and I love her sm, and I cant wait to go on the bandori ao3 tag tomorrow and (hopefully) see some birthday fics.. aaAa.. I might also write one of my own but

Chapter 7: Drabble 7 - Glimmadora

Summary:

(Takes place in the Mystacor episode (it's been a while since I watched s1 haha, so I forgot which one that is))
Adora should be relaxing, but she just can't. At least it's easier with Glimmer nearby.

Chapter Text

 

Adora woke up suddenly for what must've been the ninth time that day. She was hearing whispers around her, and could swear there were more shadows than usual.

 

It took a few moments for her to realize nothing was there. She exhaled, relaxing her shoulders, focusing on the warm feeling in the water. That's right. She was in Mystacor, in their hot springs. With Glimmer and Bow. She was going to be ok.

 

Adora looked around for Glimmer and Bow, and saw Bow, who was dozed off, across from her, but no Glimmer... She panicked for a few seconds until she realized that Glimmer was leaning on her. She smiled, due to both relief and that feeling that she wanted to protect Glimmer that was popping up a lot.

 

Glimmer was really warm. Adora didn't really think before hugging her so that they could be more comfortable. It was the first time that entire trip that she was truly relaxed.

 

Closing her eyes, she leaned against the stone that held the hot water inside, falling asleep quickly.

 

She liked cuddling with Glimmer. Maybe they should do it more often.

Chapter 8: Drabble 8 - Prinxiety

Summary:

Virgil is trying to cook and Roman interrupts him. (Oh look at that it's even more domestic fluff)

Notes:

This is first time I've written sanders sides so.. it might be worse than usual haha

Chapter Text

 

It was the third day in a row Virgil had made himself mac and cheese as a midnight snack. However, it was the first of those days that his shuffling around in the kitchen woke Roman up.

 

Roman was not a night owl in any meaning of the phrase. He had what most people would consider to be an acceptable sleep schedule. Virgil, not so much. His sleeping hours tended to be 1am-10pm at the best. Not once had he tried to fix it, nor did Roman ever harp on him for it. They just accepted it the way it was, and it allowed for many, many meals cooked in the middle of the night.

 

As Virgil was stirring the pasta, he jumped as he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist. He relaxed again, realizing that it was just Roman, and stopped stirring to hold Roman's hands in his.

 

"Why are you awake?" He teased, but there was an undeniable hint of fondness in his voice. Roman was always cute when he was tired.

 

"Why were you being loud?" Roman said back, burying his face in the mess of curls that was Virgil's hair.

 

"Because I'm cooking?"

 

"Hmmrph... Go to bed..."

 

"Roman," Virgil started, turning around and pressing his nose to his boyfriend's. "I love you so much, but I already started making the food and I'm not going to bed before it's done and I eat it."

 

"Can I at least have some?" Roman perked up, seemingly more awake than he was two seconds ago.

 

"Fine, just let me get back to cooking so that I don't burn the mac and cheese."

 

Chapter 9: Drabble 9 - Futakao

Summary:

It's the middle of summer, and the Seisho dorms are hotter than ever. But, Kaoruko and Futaba can never not cuddle. (Do I even have to say that it's fluff anymore)

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

"... Shit." Kaoruko heard Futaba's voice from the living room, and she appeared in their doorway a few moments later. "Well, the air conditioning's out."

 

"What?" Kaoruko shot up. She was already in a tank top and shorts, instead of her usual pajamas. She didn't want to sleep like this.

 

"Yeah, it's a problem." Futaba sat on her bed, rubbing her neck. "... And a pain in the ass."

 

"This cannot do!" Kaoruko fell back onto her own bed. "Whatever shall we do?!"

 

"Y'know, half of the time, I can't tell whether you're being dramatic on purpose or not." Futaba shook her head, and started to take her tank top off. She raised an eyebrow at the incredulous look Kaoruko gave her. "What? It's hot as hell in here. And it's not like you've never seen me without my shirt on before."

 

"But, I still wanted to cuddle..." Kaoruko crossed her arms.

 

"Seriously? In this heat?" Futaba rolled her eyes, and motioned Kaoruko over. "M'kay, get over here." Kaoruko eagerly snuggled into her arms, and closed her eyes. Being that she still had her shirt on and there was no air conditioning, she got hot pretty quickly.

 

"Futaba-han... I'm hot." She looked up to see Futaba with a frustrated expression.

 

"Then take your shirt off, idiot."

 

"What?!" Kaoruko looked at her, playfully offended. "A fair maiden cannot sleep naked! You know this."

 

"Yeah, well, you're gonna have to deal with being hot then." Futaba smiled, then noticed a hint of genuine reluctance in Kaoruko's face. "I won't look at you, if that's what you're worried about."

 

"Fine..." Kaoruko sat up, taking the top off and laying her head on the pillow right next to Futaba's.

 

"See?" A fond smile spread across Futaba's face. "My eyes are right here." She booped Kaoruko on the nose.

 

"Good night, Futaba-han." Kaoruko held onto Futaba's neck, nuzzling closer to her.

 

"Night, ya dork."

 

Notes:

Wow I love futakao so much AKHSJXH
Idk if this is canon or not, if it isn't it's at least my fav headcanon, but the best thing abt these two is that they both have their own bed and yet sleep together anyway (haven't watched the anime or played starira in a hot minute)

Chapter 10: Drabble 10 - Scorptra

Summary:

Scorpia sees Catra for the first time in months and wow she's absolutely beautiful.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

It was over. Horde Prime was gone. Their long battle was finally over.

 

Scorpia was really happy. Granted, she was being mind controlled for a good majority of the actual war, but all the more reason to be glad, right? She didn't remember a lot, but she was grateful she could be with her friends again.

 

She suddenly heard somebody say her name. Scorpia turned around, only to be greeted with...

 

Catra.

 

When had she gotten short hair, exactly? And why did it look so good? She was smiling - smiling! - so brightly, too. But she looked regretful once she looked back up at Scorpia.

 

"Listen, Scorpia... I'm sorry for- Ah!" Catra got cut off by a giant hug. "Oh, there it is." Oops. Scorpia hadn't meant to impulsively hug her like that, she was just so beautiful... Was she smiling because of the hug? And leaning into it-? 

 

"What can I say? I'm a hugger."

 

Notes:

I'm not gonna write she-ra stuff for a hot minute, it ending really messed me up.
It's p obvious, but I wasn't rooting for catradora to be canon. I mean, there's now a well written, previously hinted at, and healthy wlw relationship between two main characters in a kid's show, so I really can't be mad. But idk I just never liked the ship..
Also scorpia and catra interacted a whole 1 time this season scorptra stans how we feeling (not good)

Chapter 11: Drabble 11 - Norray

Summary:

Norman beats Ray at Mortal Kombat. Again.

Notes:

Wow I have no idea how this got so long, i had a lot of ideas for this apparently

Chapter Text

 

Ray was truly trying his hardest. But, yet again, he heard that stupid narrator say "FATALITY." in that stupid voice, and he wasn't the one doing the murdering here.

 

Maybe Norman was right. He always talked about patience and staying calm and whatnot. Ray was smart, and skilled in most things, but his judgment often got clouded by anger and rage, making him do irrational things, and, apparently, be bad at video games.

 

"Ugh!" Ray almost threw the controller, but decided not to, instead opting to aggressively set it on the table. "This is impossible..."

 

"Do you want to do something else?" Norman offered, and Ray absolutely hated that smile. It was so smug, yet still so genuine, and was it legal for someone's smile to be that pretty?

 

"No! I'm going until I can beat you." Ray picked the controller back up, playfully smirking at Norman to try to conceal the pure frustration he felt. Norman smirked back, and Ray was immediately filled with genuine fondness determination to win this time.

 

And, even with all his effort, he still lost. To a brutality, no less.

 

"Agh!" If Ray had been frustrated before, now he was absolutely fuming.

 

"Seriously, maybe we should take a break-" Norman looked worried, which only served to make Ray more frustrated. He pulled Norman up from the couch by his collar, and his knuckles almost turned white due to it.

 

"No, Norman! I swore I would beat you! Why..." Ah, he was doing that thing where he got so mad that he was about to cry. Fun. "Why do you always have to be better than me?!" Okay, maybe there was some spite in there too.

 

"Ray..." Norman still wasn't mad. How could he be so utterly patient? That was it. Ray had to make him mad.

 

Seeing as he was coming up with a plan on the fly, he just went with the first idea he had and rolled with it. Admittedly, kissing Norman probably wasn't a good idea in the first place, but all semblance of logic had already left him at that point.

 

Ray was rougher than he meant to be. Definitely a bite or two to his lips. Definitely a lot of anger in it. When he pulled away and dared to open his eyes, he saw Norman. Completely shocked, red-faced, but still not mad! Great, now it was awkward, too.

 

"... Sorry." He backed up, letting go of Norman, fully realizing that he probably shouldn't have done that. Instead of saying anything, he just smiled. It was so genuine, and really prettyoh my god what is he doing.

 

Before Ray could react, Norman had already put a hand on his shoulder, and kissed him- wait, kissed him?! He just stood there in pure disbelief. It was different. He kept getting this weird feeling in his chest, almost like... sentimentality. Oh, no.

 

"You know, Ray..." Norman just kept smiling that fond smile. "I think I prefer the gentler kisses." Okay, that made Ray blush even more.

 

"Geez," He scratched the back of his neck. "You're better at kissing than I am, too."

 

Chapter 12: Drabble 12 - Tomotsugu

Summary:

Tomoe and Tsugumi have a mini-date at Hazawa Cafe.

Notes:

Bandori fandom please stop sleeping on this ship it's so cute

Chapter Text

 

"Tsuugu!" Tsugumi jumped at the familiar voice that entered the cafe. Strange, it was usually Himari that came over after they closed.

 

"Hello, Tomoe-chan!" She grinned back at her girlfriend, and set the plates down.

 

"I just thought we could hang out here since you're closing." Tomoe hugged Tsugumi, burying her face in the shorter girl's hair.

 

"Ahaha, I still have stuff to do." Tsugumi hugged her back.

 

"C'mon, it'll only take a few minutes! Please, Tsugu?" Tomoe begged, and Tsugumi giggled.

 

"Okay, hold on a second." She started brewing some coffee for the two of them, and got a small cake, and a few plates. She didn't mind the extra work, and besides, spending time with Tomoe was always worth a few dirty dishes.

 

"Great!" Tomoe enthusiastically walked over to a booth, sitting down and smiling fondly at Tsugumi while she got everything ready.

 

When Tsugumi was done, she sat down next to Tomoe in the booth and handed her her coffee, which had a tiny heart on the top. "Aww..." Tomoe cooed, intertwining her fingers with Tsugumi's.

 

"I've been getting better at latte art recently, and I wanted to try some." Tsugumi smiled, cutting out a piece of cake for each of them.

 

"That's adorable, Tsugu." Tomoe rested her head on top of her girlfriend's, now wrapping her arms around her stomach.

 

"Are you even going to drink the coffee? Or eat the cake?" Tsugumi laughed, taking a bite.

 

"Maybe later. Right now I wanna cuddle." She closed her eyes and let out a contented sigh. Tsugumi smiled and continued to eat the cake and drink her coffee.

 

She was really lucky to have a girlfriend like Tomoe.

 

Chapter 13: Drabble 13 - Prinxiety

Summary:

Virgil is looking for his hoodie, and can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe Roman knows something.

Chapter Text

 

"Sorry, kiddo, I haven't seen it." Virgil groaned in frustration at Patton's words. Of course his hoodie would be missing. This was not a good way to start the day.

 

He had looked everywhere, everywhere being Patton and Logan's rooms and the rest of the mindscape because no way in hell was he going anywhere near the dark sides today. Not even for his hoodie. Roman was his last chance, so he went to his room.

 

Low and behold, there Roman was, wearing a black hoodie with some familiar purple patches on it (which looked surprisingly good on him, Virgil couldn't help but notice).

 

"Ro, why are you wearing my hoodie?" Virgil said (a bit more aggressively than he had meant to, but in his defense he was getting desperate without the warm comfort of his hoodie), and Roman jumped.

 

"Oh, uh..." He blushed, looking around and tried to think of an excuse. "I was cold?"

 

"You have more clothes than I do," Virgil pointed out, gesturing towards Roman's extensive closet. "So try again."

 

"I..." Roman sighed, and oh no that was his "I can't think of anything else to say so I'm about to flirt with you" face. "I missed you, my chemically imbalanced romance."

 

"Mhmm," Virgil nodded sarcastically. "Suuure, Princey."

 

"I was being serious!" Roman shot back, looking a bit offended. "I haven't seen you in a few days, which is basically forever in quarantine, and you weren't in the last video and I missed you! So, I snuck into your room, not creepily by the way," Virgil snorted at that. "And took your hoodie. Is that so bad?"

 

"Aw, Princey, if you wanted to hang out with me, you could've just said so," Virgil teased, grabbing his hoodie which Roman had took off and handed to him.

 

"Well, fine, then! Disney?"

 

"Of course."

 

Chapter 14: Drabble 14 - Noremma

Summary:

She was the brightest light in his life, and she was the last thing he thought of. (Ok it gets angsty for once, also spoilers for the anime but not the manga)

Chapter Text

 

Nobody could deny that Emma was the most cheerful person at the House. Even though she was one of the oldest kids, she still maintained an optimism that was admirable. Even if it annoyed Ray sometimes.

 

Norman loved her. It was hard not to. She always cheered him up, and gave him hope that they would escape someday.

 

Not him, though. He would have to die. He had a perfectly good opportunity to escape in front of him. However, he saw through the plans Emma and Ray had come up with. They would be mad at him, but this was the best way.

 

Norman wouldn't let himself die in vain. He had a plan. The scouting around was done. He had the information he needed.


Norman exited the House knowing that Emma would escape. He knew that she would go far without him, Ray, too. All of them would.

 

Even with the demon in front of him, he was calm. There was a hope for humanity besides being food. He knew she could do it. Even though he would be gone, Emma was strong.

 

He would still miss her smile, though.

 

Chapter 15: Drabble 15 - Yukisayo

Summary:

During Roselia's break, Lisa finds Yukina and Sayo cuddling in the practice room.

Chapter Text

 

Lisa sighed with a bit more oomf than usual, and plopped down onto one of CiRCLE's couches. That practice session had been particularly draining, although Ako seemed to have just as much energy as she usually did. A big performance was coming up, so they were practicing harder than before, which is saying something for Roselia.

 

She decided to go back to the practice room to check on Yukina and Sayo. The two of them were incredibly determined, but Sayo in particular was known to overwork herself every once in a while. They were probably fine, but Lisa was the resident mom friend, and couldn't leave them alone. She was about to swing open the door and say something when she saw something in the window of the door.

 

Sayo was standing directly behind Yukina, arms wrapped around her, and had her face buried in the back of Yukina's head (Lisa didn't realize that their height difference was big enough to do this). Yukina had her eyes closed, holding Sayo's hands, with a small smile on her face.

 

It took every muscle in Lisa's body to not scream at how cute they were being. Whether or not this was a romantic thing, or just platonic, it was absolutely adorable. Although, Lisa wasn't blind (like those two were ) to people's feelings, so she knew they both had crushes on each other.

 

She kept watching, frozen in place from both shock and adorableness. After a few moments, Yukina turned around and whispered something to Sayo. Then they kissed. It was brief, but sweet, and Lisa thought she might die. They were now pressing their foreheads together as best they could with the aforementioned height difference, and smiling fondly at each other.

 

Lisa knocked on the door to alert them, and then opened it. "Sorry, it seems like we overstayed break time a bit!"

 

"It's fine. We seem to have as well," Sayo looked at Yukina and Lisa couldn't believe that any human was capable of showing so much affection with just their eyes like that.

 

"By the way, tell me when you guys start dating next time," Lisa teased, causing Sayo to turn red and Yukina to choke on her water. "Actually, wait, I guess there wouldn't be a next time..." Lisa had just said it to get her point across, but realized how dumb it sounded.

 

"W-we must resume practice..." Sayo rubbed her cheek with her sleeve.

 

"Indeed. Please stop causing distractions, Lisa." Yukina nodded.

 

"Sorry..."

 

Chapter 16: Drabble 16 - Tamarui

Summary:

Tamao and Rui are helping to make costumes when Rui gets hurt.

Chapter Text

 

"This is fun," Rui's heart pounded due to the sheer beauty of Tamao's smile. The two of them were currently making costumes for the next performance, and were in the process of sewing the outfits together. "Right, Rui-chan?"

 

"Ah, right!" Rui had gotten distracted. Sometimes (all the time, actually) her crush on Tamao made her distracted from what was important. Especially when she was using needles, it was a dangerous thing to do, to look at Tamao. But staring at her contented smile, the way her delicate hands moved, the way she looked when her hair was up... "Ow!"

 

"Rui-chan?" Tamao quickly set her needle down and sat next to Rui. She had pricked her index finger on the needle while staring at Tamao, and was now bleeding. "Are you okay?"

 

"Ah, it's fine, I was just startled." Rui assured her, reaching in her bag to find some bandages that she always kept on hand, just in case. "Huh...? Where are they?" Oh no, I must've left them behind.

 

"It's okay, I have some of my own," Tamao hurriedly pulled out some bandages from her own bag. "Hold still." She unrolled a small bit of the roll and- oh.

 

She gently wrapped the gauze around Rui's finger, and doing a few other things to keep them in place that Rui really didn't pay attention to because Tamao was bandaging her finger. She almost screamed. Almost.

 

"There, it should be all done now," Tamao stepped back, and Rui stopped being a disaster lesbian to look at her finger. It was almost professional looking, truly beautiful.

 

"Thank you, Tamao-senpai." Rui smiled up at her, and Tamao giggled in response. Cute... She sat back down next to Rui, and gently pressed her lips to where the wound was underneath the bandages. Rui went in full gay panic mode. Her brain stopped, not even resuming regular mental capacity to observe how endearing Tamao's blush was. Tamao-senpai... Kissed... My finger?!

 

"Now, then, let's get back to work." Tamao returned to her side of the fabric sheet they were working on, while Rui absentmindedly started seeing again. She had to force herself to pay attention this time.

 

What had just happened?

 

Chapter 17: Drabble 17 - Kaomisa

Summary:

It's been a few years since Kaoru came to visit Misaki's town, and now the pair are going back. (Continuing the dnd AU, all the way from drabble 2! Neat)

Chapter Text

 

"Misaki, are you ready?" Kaoru slung her bag over her shoulder, looking back at her partner, who was struggling at the moment.

 

"Physically, or emotionally? Because the answer to both is no," She grunted, finally getting everything back in the bag.

 

"It'll be fine," Kaoru put her arm around Misaki's shoulder, and kissed her forehead. "You know basically everyone in town. You used to live there, after all."

 

"I know, I know, it's just..." Misaki sighed, leaning into the bard's touch. "I left kinda suddenly, and... I guess I'm nervous they won't accept me again? It's kinda dumb."

 

"Nonsense, Misaki, they'll be happy to see you again. You can tell all the harrowing tales of our adventures to them!"

 

"More like your tales," Misaki scoffed, but still smiled a little anyway. "I haven't even performed with you since that day. I'm just the healer who helps people."

 

"And have you not helped all the same people that I have? Trust me, they're as grateful to you for helping as they are to me for entertainment, even if they don't say it."

 

"... Ugh, don't be such a sap, next time." Misaki laughed, playfully shoving Kaoru, who laughed as well.

 

"Okay. Shall we?"

 

"Yeah. I think I'm ready."

 

Chapter 18: Drabble 18 - Ayachisa

Summary:

Chisato realizes something while performing with Aya.

Chapter Text

 

Aya always smiled when she sang, making sure to maintain that idol cuteness even when it was hard for her.

 

Chisato had never noticed before. It was true, that Aya was more like an idol than the rest of them. The other had to worry about being idol-like, of course, but they were more focused on their instruments and, occasionally, backing vocals. But all Aya had to worry about was her voice and moving (truthfully, bordering on dancing), and there was surely even more pressure since the audience was always watching her.

 

This became a problem when the two of them sang their duet song, Yura Yura Ring-Dong-Dance. Sure, singing while playing an instrument was difficult, but what was even harder was to sing and play while Aya was smiling at her like that, and when she stopped to analyze the lyrics it was truly about love (heavily implied to be romantic) and gosh was that why Aya was looking at her like that? Was she dropping hints? Was Chisato overthinking this?

 

She should definitely be concentrating instead of getting lost in those pink eyes, were those contacts? And if so, what color were her actual eyes and oh god she would look stunning with brown eyes. Focus.

 

But she couldn't. Aya was the centerpiece of PasuPare, and for good reason, too. Chisato had taken this... angel for granted all this time. Was she in love? Or having a crush, at least?

 

It was over too quickly. Hearing Aya sing about her like that, even if it was just the lyrics of the song, was something she hadn't realized she had enjoyed. With all of the butterflies floating around her body, and all her body's instinctual reactions pushing blood to her face, she couldn't deny it to herself any longer.

 

Chisato had a crush on Maruyama Aya.

 

Chapter 19: Drabble 19

Summary:

Mitake Ran loved music

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

There was something about the way the drums made her heart race that was intoxicating.

 

Just imagining she was hearing the song in concert, imagining she could 'feel' the bass drum in her chest, picturing the singer's voice piercing her soul was simply amazing. The bass and the guitar being injected directly into her sleepy mind making her feel drunk with enjoyment.

 

Tracing every word the girl singing was saying made her heart flutter, wondering if she could ever sing the same song so wonderfully, knowing exactly where the song was going next since she had listened to it so many times.

 

Mitake Ran loved music.

 

Notes:

Did I write this while listening to megitsune by babymetal becausr I had so many emotions about it? Yes. I did.
Tbh I didn't have any ideas today, there's been a lot going on on my life recently.. oof

Chapter 20: Drabble 20 - Futakao

Summary:

Kaoruko starts doting on Futaba, who is concerned, considering that it's usually the other way around.

Chapter Text

 

"I love you, you know that, right, Futaba-han?" It was a usual position for the two of them. Kaoruko would have her arms around Futaba's neck, her face buried in that reddish hair, absolutely silent and content.

 

"Yeah, I know." Futaba would usually be doing something else by that point, although this time she was indulging in the affection. Kaoruko being affectionate wasn't rare, but her initiating the affection was rarer, and Futaba quite liked it.

 

"I mean, like, you're so amazing! And perfect," Kaoruko mumbled, and Futaba turned her head in concern. Kaoruko only got like this when she was either sad or tired. "'N' strong, and I love you..."

 

"Kaoruko, are you okay?"

 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Kaoruko lifted her head, and she looked fine, but Futaba couldn't ease her concerns just yet.

 

"You're being... Very loving."

 

"Really?" Kaoruko looked almost offended, and Futaba quickly shook her head.

 

"I mean, are you okay? Did you get enough sleep? Are you sad?"

 

"Hehe, I'm fine, Futaba-han." Kaoruko adjusted the two of them so that she could nuzzle Futaba's nose with her own. "Is it so wrong to want to appreciate my absolutely wonderful girlfriend?"

 

"I guess not."

 

Chapter 21: Drabble 21 - Rinpanamaki

Summary:

Maki is left alone with her girlfriends asleep and her thoughts.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Hanayo and Rin were asleep. They were close, but they always left a little room for Maki to snuggle in between them. She thought it was cute.

 

Maki was more of a night owl. Not by a lot, but by enough that Rin and Hanayo always fell asleep before she did.

 

As soon as she was tired enough, she got into bed with them, smiling at the fact that they both immediately latched onto her, Hanayo's arms around her stomach, and Rin's around her neck. It was adorable. She also just really enjoyed being cuddled.

 

God, what did she do to deserve her girlfriends? They were both so kind, and genuine, and cute. They made life more fun, and lit up Maki's world when she needed them. Seeing them both grow as people was like a treat, and they were both so affectionate, too. They truly loved her.

 

And she loved them.

Notes:

Wow.. this one's short.
Again, like I said, not much inspiration lately :I
Because it's summer now, and I despise summer. Seriously, I live in Iowa and it's so humid all the time, ughhhh. And I also usually have prompts for my drabbles every day but apparently I just.. didn't write one for today?? Idk

Chapter 22: Drabble 22 - Ayachisa

Summary:

Aya and her friends are exploring a haunted house when Aya stumbles upon something particularly strange. (It's an au, but I don't really know what to call it??)

Chapter Text

 

"Hina-chan, I don't think we should be here," Aya said warily, her voice shaking.

 

"It'll be a-okay, Aya-chan! We have Eve-chan to protect us from any ghosts!" Hina gestured towards Eve, who nodded.

 

"Yes! I shall protect all of you with my mighty sword!" Eve held up the sword and smiled, which would be a threatening gesture from anyone but Eve.

 

"Eve-san, I don't think a wooden sword would help against a ghost..." Maya was shaking, standing behind Eve.

 

"It will as long as you believe in it, Maya-san!" Maya, Eve, and Hina kept talking but Aya tuned them out. She could swear she saw a reflection in that mirror over there, and they hadn't even passed it yet. She walked ahead of the rest of them, ignoring their questions, and picked it up.

 

Staring back at her was a girl, with blonde hair, purple eyes, and a bored expression, though her eyes quickly widened once she saw Aya's expression.

 

"Can... Can you see me?" She asked, her voice a bit low in pitch but shocked in tone.

 

"Yes! I can. Should I not be able to?"

 

"No, no, it's just..." She smiled at Aya, who felt her heart quicken. That smile sure was pretty, huh? "You're the first person to be able to see me in a long time."

 

"Aya-chaaaaaan!" Aya heard Hina calling out to her, and she panicked, stuffing the small mirror into her bag. "Aya-chan, what are you doing?"

 

"Ah, nothing! I just thought this mirror could sell for a lot, y'know?" Aya played it off, hoping the others couldn't see her nervousness.

 

"Ah, that makes sense," Maya grabbed her chin in thought. "This place is pretty old. I'd imagine we could get a lot out of it."

 

"Yeah!" Aya sighed in relief once the others were talking loud enough not to hear her again.

 

She was really looking forward to talking to the pretty girl in the mirror.

 

Chapter 23: Drabble 23 - Akimei

Summary:

Mei Fan fucking dies... of gay

Chapter Text

 

Mei Fan didn't want to think about how this happened. If she did, she thought it might prove to her that this was a dream and she would wake up trying to question it, because Akira was sharing a bed with her.

 

They weren't very close together, but they were close enough to make her heart race. All she knew was that the Edels only had three beds, and Yachiyo was sleeping on her own because they didn't trust her. Also, Michiru and Shiori were both pretty small, so it was only practical for them to sleep in the same bed.

 

At least, that's what Akira said.

 

Mei Fan's train of thought was interrupted by a sharpish feeling on her leg. She thought that maybe Shiori had woken up and poked her, or something along those lines, but not what she got when she turned around. It was Akira's knee. Touching her leg. Akira was touching her.

 

That was completely fine. They had made physical contact before while acting, so it was fine.

 

Until Akira started hugging her.

 

She couldn't handle that. Heat rushed to her cheeks, and she panicked. What was she supposed to do?! Akira was hugging her, while sleeping, she didn't know what she was doing! It didn't stop Mei Fan from blushing, but it was at least a little comforting (if a tiny bit soul-crushing as well).

 

Somehow, she managed to calm down... And immediately pass out. She had been practicing harder than usual lately.

 

When they woke up, they both made an agreement to never talk about this again.

 

Chapter 24: Drabble 24 - Kaorimi

Summary:

Rimi encounters Kaoru downtown.

Chapter Text

 

Rimi felt really stupid. She had been so excited to get her hands on a chocolate cornet that she forgot to put a coat on. In the middle of winter. Yeah, she had gotten the chocolate, but at what cost? Being cold.

 

At least the cornet would be warm when she got home. The bags at Yamabuki Bakery tended to do that. Rimi usually questioned that, but at the moment she was too focused on getting back to warmth of her home.

 

She heard somebody say her name, and the voice was very familiar. When she turned around, her face turned even warmer. It was Kaoru. The girl she had been hopelessly crushing on for over a year. Great.

 

"Oh, Kaoru-san!" She waved, trying to distract from the way her heart sped up. She failed.

 

"Pleasure seeing you here," Kaoru walked up to her and put on a kind smile, which faltered once she noticed that Rimi was shivering. "Rimi-chan, are you cold?"

 

"Oh, yeah," Rimi laughed awkwardly. "I was so excited to get a chocolate cornet today, they're usually sold out by the time I get to Yamabuki Bakery, that I forgot my coat, ahaha."

 

"Hmm, that simply will not do." Kaoru shook her head, and unzipped her own coat. "Here, you can have my coat."

 

"Eh?! O-oh, no, you need it more..." Rimi stopped talking in order to not say anything dumb, still processing the idea of wearing Kaoru's coat.

 

"Nonsense, it is my job to help my little kittens stay warm in the winter." Rimi shook her head again, and put her hands up in front of her. Kaoru sighed. "Then you leave me no choice."

 

"Wh...?" Rimi lost her breath the moment that Kaoru put her arms around her, effectively burying the smaller girl in her jacket. Somehow she blushed even harder, and couldn't help but notice that her hands had ended up softly pressed against Kaoru's ribs. This was so embarrassing...

 

"I shall walk you home. Directions?"

 

"Oh, uh, that way." Rimi pointed, shivering a little bit at the contact. She did admit that it was warmer, and felt really nice.

 

Maybe she should get hugged by Kaoru more often.

 

Chapter 25: Drabble 25 - Masurokka

Summary:

Rokka can't fall asleep because she's thinking about Masuki. Again.

Chapter Text

 

Rokka was pining hard.

 

She was sure all the time she was spending with Masuki wasn't helping. She couldn't help it, though, the drummer was just too cool, and tall, but she also loved cute things, which was, ironically, cute.

 

Maybe Rokka should've been asleep already. Chu2 loved to practice really early in the morning, and she couldn't afford to doze off then. Although, with Masuki there, she wasn't sure she'd be able to, at least not while her heart was going crazy like that. She always looked like she was having so much fun playing the drums.

 

And her thoughts shifted back to Masuki. Why did she touch her so much? Rokka never minded, but it was curious. Not helping her poor heart, though. Masuki often wrapped her arm around Rokka's shoulder, almost as if trapping her. But, there was nowhere she could've felt safer. Or riding on her motorcycle...

 

Rokka really had a pretty bad crush, huh?

 

Chapter 26: Drabble 26 - Kaomisa

Summary:

A mermaid AU for the last day of mermay :)

Notes:

I've been to the beach once in my entire life haha
Just midwest things

Chapter Text

 

Despite what she said to other people, Misaki did truly love the beach. Sure, the salty smell could get a bit much, and sand was annoying, but just soaking her feet in the water was so relaxing. The sound of the ocean waves helped with that a lot.

 

Today, however, was proving to be a different story. She felt something scaly brush her foot as she sat in the water. She cursed mentally; now she was never going to be able to relax at the beach again! And she had bought this really nice swimsuit, too. She guessed she could go to the pool with it too, but nothing really beat the beach. Besides, all that chlorine would probably ruin it anyway.

 

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Misaki just stared at what she saw when she opened her eyes again. It was just a girl. With red scales on the sides of her face (which Misaki couldn't help but notice was extremely pretty), and deep red eyes. Could purple hair be natural? And a tail. Okay, this was pretty weird, but she had been in weirder situations before.

 

"No, you're good." Misaki shook her head, subconsciously tucking her legs closer to herself.

 

"You're... Not freaking out?" She tilted her head.

 

"Yeah? I mean, it's kinda weird seeing a creature that everyone thought was a myth in front of me, but..." Misaki trailed off, realizing that she probably shouldn't say that she was too busy admiring how beautiful the mermaid was to be shocked.

 

"Oh. That's new." She smiled, making Misaki's heart jump just a little. "Well, what's the surface world like? I've always wondered."

 

"Uh, it's fine, I guess? I mean, we have a lot of issues, but for the most part, it's pretty cool. Lots of technology and stuff. Fun to learn about." Misaki honestly had no idea what she was saying anymore. But, the mermaid seemed to be enjoying her explanation, so she went into a little more depth about everything she enjoyed about living in land.

 

Then, the girl started describing her own life underwater. It sounded absolutely wonderful, very colorful and fun. Much more exciting than the human world, in Misaki's opinion. And she seemed to turn into a completely different person when she was talking. She used incredibly colorful language, speaking in a manner that Misaki could only describe as Shakespearean, or something close to that, especially when she got passionate about something.

 

When the sun started setting, Misaki had to leave, but she knew she would come back to visit the mermaid. It seemed that her bumping into this girl would lead to the opposite of what she initially thought would happen.

 

Chapter 27: Drabble 27 - Futakao

Summary:

Surprise, it's a drabble I wrote a while ago (spruced up a little bc I've gotten better at writing), because I have, drum roll please... *drum noises, ig* NO MOTIVATION!!

Chapter Text

 

"Futaba-han, I need help with something," Kaoruko announced as she walked into the living room of their dorm.

 

"Okay, just give me a minute," Futaba started to stand up after she closed her book, but Kaoruko held her shoulders and pushed her back down into the couch.

 

"No, no, it won't take long." Kaoruko let go of her shoulders, but eyeing her in a way that implied that if she tried to get up again, she would be even rougher forcing her down next time.

 

"Well, that's new," Futaba laughed, and turned around. "So, what did you need help with?"

 

"Actually..." Kaoruko paused, and Futaba sensed a bit of nervousness in her face, but didn't have time to linger or think about that as Kaoruko proceeded to pull her up by the collar and kiss her. Futaba was rotating between shock, being glad that it finally happened, and happiness.

 

She kissed back after a few seconds, feeling quite a few twinges in her stomach.

 

"Thanks!" Kaoruko started to walked away again, acting like she usually did, even if she was blushing a little.

 

"Wh- hey! You kiss me after years and years of me pining over you and you just walk away?!"

 

Chapter 28: Drabble 28 - Yukisayolisa

Summary:

Yukina and Sayo are so oblivious that Lisa can't help but wonder if what they were doing was a date or not.

Chapter Text

 

Lisa always thought the lines between 'date' and 'hanging out with friends' were pretty clear. Dates usually involved fancy restaurants, or physical affection, maybe even visiting some kind of expensive tourist destination. Hanging out with friends was more casual, even if it did involve a semi-expensive experience, and the room was pretty easy to read.

 

But that line started to blur once she started hanging out with Yukina and Sayo. They were both extremely serious people, and kept that up a good 99% of the time. They dropped it somewhat when all of Roselia was hanging out outside of practice, but it came down 100% when it was just the three of them.

 

Now, this made Lisa hopeful, because she was hopelessly crushing on both of them, and that meant they felt comfortable with her, even if they didn't return their feelings. It's just that Yukina and Sayo got uncharacteristically touchy when they went out together, and it was starting to happen more. They were both super oblivious to feelings in general, so Lisa wasn't surprised if they thought these were dates they were having.

 

But, if they both thought these were dates, did that mean that she was being the oblivious one? She hoped not. It might even hurt the others if they all thought that these were dates, and she just viewed them as platonic.

 

"Hey, is this a date?" Lisa said, almost instinctively, and had to restrain herself from slapping her hand over her mouth. Did she actually just say that? This was embarrassing...

 

"Of course." Yukina nodded immediately, tilting her head at Lisa. "Why wouldn't it be?"

 

"Yes, Imai-san, we are your girlfriends, are we not?" Lisa completely blanked as Sayo looked at her like this was the most simple thing in the world. They were dating?? Since when?

 

"O... Okay, then," Lisa cleared her throat. "Um, I was not made aware of this fact."

 

"Really? I thought it was obvious."

 

"Yukina, you have to ask before you date people." Lisa was honestly baffled at her (girl??)friend's obliviousness.

 

"Okay, then, Imai-san," Sayo held out a hand, which Lisa eagerly took, and Yukina took Lisa's other hand in hers. Her heart pounded loudly in her chest. Finally! "Will you be our girlfriend?"

 

"Yes, I will."

 

Chapter 29: Drabble 29 - Masurokka

Summary:

Rokka spent her first night of the games in a cave. With a girl from another district. And... Was she flirting with Rokka? (Hunger Games AU (idk I just got inspired(tm)))

Chapter Text

 

Rokka had no idea what was going on.

 

Her first day in the games was spent running and looking for water and some shelter. And somewhere along the way, she had bumped into that really really attractive girl from... District 7, was it? She had forgotten. Either way, the girl said something that Rokka had missed because she was too busy being gay and also hyped up on adrenaline and pure fear, and she had dragged Rokka to a cave.

 

At first, Rokka thought this girl was going to kill her, but she quickly explained that she wanted to truce. Rokka was slightly suspicious, but, this girl was very cute, and not to mention, very strong, so she decided she would think about running away later.

 

Being the first 24 hours, they didn't have much. Just some knives and an empty bag. They didn't even have enough stuff to light a fire.

 

"So... What should we do for warmth?" The arena was relatively cold, and this cave was pretty drafty, so Rokka was shivering just a little bit.

 

"Hm." Masuki - Rokka had learned her name after a very awkward conversation in the cave - put a hand on her chin in thought. "Well, we don't have much to do. Maybe we should huddle together."

 

"Ah..." Rokka blushed, feeling stupid for doing so. They were cold and needed to survive, and had no other option, but the thought of being close to someone this attractive was... Embarrassing, to say the least. "Yeah, that, uh, sounds good."

 

"Cool." Rokka scooched closer to Masuki, just close enough for their shoulders to touch. "Oh, no, that's not enough." She wrapped her arms around Rokka's middle, and adjusted so that they were as close as they could be.

 

"What?! W-why?" Rokka blushed even harder, reluctantly hugging Masuki as well.

 

"Because, it's a win-win situation. You get to stay warm, and I get to cuddle with a cute girl. What's there to lose?" She grinned, and Rokka's heart must've leaped into her throat. Is... She flirting with me?!

 

"D-did you just call me cute?" She managed to squeak out. Masuki simply laughed, and leaned very close to Rokka's ear.

 

"And what if I did?" She whispered, and a shiver went down Rokka's spine at the way her breath hit her ear. God, she was probably on fire.

 

She might die of embarrassment before she dies from the other tributes at this point.

 

 

Chapter 30: Drabble 30 - LAMP

Summary:

Happy birthday to the gay disney prince himself (also I love that this ship name is lamp)

Chapter Text

 

"Do you think he'll like it?" Virgil was nervously biting his thumb. None of them were as creative as Roman, obviously, but they hoped that he still liked the present.

 

"Even if it does not live up to his expectations, we are his boyfriends, so I assume that he will enjoy it either way." Logan put a reassuring hand on Virgil's shoulder.

 

"Exactly! Besides, he's been really tiring himself out lately, and he just needs something to help him rela-"

 

"Ooh, that looks shiny!" Everybody jumped as Roman entered the living room, peering at the gold wrapping paper on his present excitedly.

 

"Oh, Roman, hello."

 

"Jesus, Ro, you're usually not that quiet." Virgil muttered, leaning into Logan's hand a little more.

 

"Oh, sorry." Roman spread his arms very widely and tackled his boyfriends onto the couch, obviously very giddy. "I was just too excited to see what you were going to do to wait any longer."

 

"It's okay, Roman," Patton patted Roman on the back, and tried to sit up. "But, could you, uh...?"

 

"Oh, right! Goodness, I really am a mess." Roman got up, dusting off his prince outfit (which didn't make any sense, seeing as it was completely spotless) and sitting on the couch like a normal person. "So, what are we doing first?"

 

Virgil just shrugged. "I dunno, man, you're the one that gets to choose."

 

"Ah, wonderful! Let's do Disney, first." Roman was already across the entire couch, grabbing the remote and pulling up Disney+.

 

For their usual movie nights, everyone had a spot. Patton on the floor in the middle, Logan at the far end on the L couch, Virgil sitting on the back of the couch, and Roman on the floor on the opposite end. However, today they settled on cuddling (besides Logan, he wasn't one for physical affection), with Virgil and Patton on either side of Roman in a prolonged kind of group hug.

 

Roman couldn't be happier. Of course, he was delighted that they got him a present, but he was just glad to have a day to be showered with affection and love. He absolutely noted the way that Patton's hug was very tight and loosened as the movie went on, and the way Virgil grew more relaxed leaning on him.

 

Honestly, his boyfriends were the best.

Chapter 31: Drabble 31 - Yukiran

Summary:

Backstage before a joint concert, Yukina does something... Strange.

Chapter Text

 

Ran took a deep breath. While she had long gotten over the fear of going on stage, being on said stage with Roselia made her just a bit nervous. Looking around, she saw that Tsugumi was chattering away with Sayo, Ako and Tomoe were doing who knows what, and Himari and Lisa were making some small talk and/or gossiping.

 

When she looked at Yukina, she saw golden eyes staring back at her. While Yukina's eyes were always piercing, this time they were annoyingly so. As if the vocalist was looking into the darkest corners of Ran's soul and finding all of the gay thoughts that she had about her.

 

Because, yeah, Ran hadn't tried to deny it to herself. Her thoughts about Yukina were very gay. She still insisted that she didn't like her in that way, just that she could appreciate a hot girl when she saw one.

 

"We're gonna beat you tonight, Minato-san." Ran stepped closer to Yukina.

 

"Oh, is that right?" Yukina smiled, and Ran observed that it was - objectively - very pretty.

 

"Yeah. It is." Ran felt a smirk spreading across her face. She really liked all this banter between herself and Yukina, it was fun. Not that she'd ever admit that.

 

"Well, then, Mitake-san," Yukina put a hand on Ran's shoulder, already sending alarms throughout her whole body. And then she kissed her. Ran blamed herself leaning into it on the fact that this was her first kiss and like hell she would not reciprocate it. "Good luck." And she walked away just like that.

 

Ran felt a blush settle across her cheeks. What did that girl think she was doing?! She was so infuriating, just kissing Ran with no warning! While she was busy being frustrated, she heard Moca's voice behind her.

 

"Ran, what was that you said before about not having a crush on Minato-san?"

 

Chapter 32: Drabble 32 - Remile

Summary:

A typical coffee shop au

Chapter Text

 

Walking into the cheap coffee shop across from campus, Emile grinned and took in the scent of coffee. He might have been a cheery and optimistic person, but he couldn't possibly get through college without coffee. Walking up to the front of the shop, he noticed that the anxious mess of an employee wasn't working that day. That was a shame, since he really liked the kid.

 

"Hello, what would you like today?" The probably underpaid worker asked him in a dry voice, before actually looking at Emile, and his lips quirked up. "Ooh, I like your hair, babes."

 

Emile's voice failed him as he looked at the man in front of him. He had sunglasses, which was weird since they were inside, and had a leather jacket over his uniform, which was probably not allowed. All in all, he had a sort of rugged good look to him.

 

"Oh, thank you." Emile smiled as he regained his composure. He didn't want to tell this stranger that he had dyed his hair purple because of cartoon characters, so he just said his order as usual. "Coffee, regularly brewed, and some traditional creamer, please."

 

"Okay, coming right up, purp man," The man pulled down his sunglasses and winked, and Emile felt himself blush just a small bit. It was certainly a strange nickname, but when combined with the wink it made Emile slightly weak.

 

Only slightly, though. Right?

 

He thought so until he heard that same barista call out his order. He spoke to all the other customers in such a dull, monotone voice, and yet with Emile he seemed to regain a bit of energy. It was nice to know he made somebody feel a bit happier.

 

"Here," He handed over the drink, and smiled at Emile. "My name's Remy, by the way. I'm working again tomorrow, Virgie's currently cramming for exams, and I just finished mine. Will you come around again?"

 

"Certainly." Emile grinned. "Studying to be a therapist isn't easy, let me tell you."

 

"Ooh, that would explain the happy go lucky energy you give off," Remy lowered his sunglasses to look at Emile with those eyes, and then pushed them back up and smirked. "Or maybe it's the gay in me."

 

Emile was sure that he had a flustered expression on his face, or it certainly felt like he did. Remy simply laughed.

 

"Yeah, uh... See you tomorrow. Remy," He smiled, walking out the door of the shop and immediately let out a breath. He had just met (and maybe flirted) with a cute guy at a coffee shop close to campus. Could his life get much better?

 

He made sure to visit it again the next day.

 

Chapter 33: Drabble 33 - Rinmaki

Summary:

Maki and Rin get the lyrics for their duet song.

Chapter Text

 

Maki grabbed the sheet of paper from Umi and started reading. As she read, she realized that these lyrics were... A bit overkill. Sure, she knew that they were going to be doing a love song (which, already, wasn't good for her nerves when she was going to be singing it with Rin, of all people), but this?

 

What was this? It was nothing like their other love songs, which were either somber or incredibly sweet, this was just about intimacy. Which, could be done, but with Rin...?

 

Her nerves wouldn't be able to handle it. She could handle these kind of lyrics, but not with the girl she'd been secretly crushing on for a while.

 

Not with Rin.

 

"Wow, these lyrics are really good, Umi!" Rin grinned.

 

"Oh, thank you..." Umi twisted a strand of hair around her finger.

 

"They're not bad," Maki blurted before she could stop herself. What was she saying? Of course this was bad! Having to sing a song about physical intimacy with Rin?

 

"We're gonna rock this song, Maki-chan!" Rin hugged Maki, who hadn't realized she was blushing slightly.

 

"I guess we will." What??? She shouldn't have said that, she should've voiced her discontent, something! But she knew that, if deep inside her, there was still some part of her that wanted to sing this song with Rin. Besides, it was clear she liked it, so it shouldn't be bad, right? It would save Umi the the trouble of writing more lyrics, please Rin, and appease that weird part of Maki that wanted this.

 

She had no choice but to agree.

Chapter 34: Drabble 34 - Kasusaaya

Summary:

Kasumi and Saaya are about to get married - and Saaya is freaking out just a little bit.

Okay, maybe a lot.

Chapter Text

 

Saaya looked at herself in the mirror. She had picked out an orangeish-yellow dress to match Kasumi's, but it didn't look quite right on her, in her opinion. "I don't know if it's... Right." Saaya confessed, looking back at Arisa.

 

"Well, it's too late to go back now." She commented, and then took a softer approach once she saw the look on Saaya's face. "Um, you do look great, you know. And besides, it's Kasumi! Didn't she tell you how beautiful you looked in it when you first tried it on?"

 

"But she's my girlfriend!" Saaya said defensively. "Or... Fiancee. She's obligated to think I look nice."

 

"She would think that regardless." Arisa pointed out.

 

"But what if something happens?" Saaya found herself unable to stop rambling about her worries. "Or what if she doesn't actually want to marry me? We did kinda rush into things. What if I'm not good enough for her? W-"

 

"Whoa, okay, calm down," Arisa put her hands on Saaya's shoulders. "Kasumi loves you. I know she does. Trust me, she never stops talking about it when you're not there. You can do it."

 

"Arisa? Saaya?" Tae poked her head in the room. "It's almost time."

 

"C'mon," Arisa pushed Saaya forward. "You got this." Saaya nodded, still feeling a bit unsure of herself.

 

But when she saw Kasumi at the altar for her, somehow, her worries seemed to melt away.

 

She was meant to be with this woman.

 

Chapter 35: Drabble 35 - Tomotsugu

Summary:

Tomoe and Tsugumi get lost in a haunted school.

Their own school, to be exact.

Notes:

I just watched markiplier's playthrough of both faith chapters and now I'm feeling paranormal so.. here you go??

Chapter Text

 

It was official. They were lost.

 

Everybody in Afterglow had just got to Haneoka to get something of Himari's, but somehow, Tomoe and Tsugumi got separated from the other three. And they were both terrified. Tsugumi tried not to show it, but Tomoe could tell.

 

At least until they found a puddle of actual blood. Then all hell broke loose.

 

"Oh my god, that's blood!" Tomoe screamed, hiding behind Tsugumi, who was pressing herself into the taller girl's body as hard as she could. "That's definitely blood! What should we do?"

 

"Run away?" Tsugumi said, her voice shaking. It was the only idea they had, and the most sensible thing they could do at the moment, so they did. It seemed to be going well, until Tsugumi slipped. Tomoe helped her up, only to see...

 

"Tsugu! You... You're red!" Tomoe couldn't believe it. She was covered in a thick liquid that was almost the color of Tomoe's hair. "There wasn't blood over here before, was there?"

 

"No!" Tsugumi looked at her hands, and screamed at the blood. "Oh, what do we do now?!"

 

"I'd say we... Sit here and cower in fear!" Tomoe gave her a lopsided grin.

 

"Okay." Tsugumi breathed, not well mind you, and moved away from the surprisingly large puddle of blood she had fell into, taking her bandmate with her. Once they were both out of the way, Tsugumi sat down, and Tomoe did too. And they just cuddled, waiting for the others to, hopefully, find them.

 

And then they heard eerie, demonic laughing from down the hallway.

 

And freaked.

 

Chapter 36: Drabble 36 - Masurokka

Summary:

Masuki usually likes soaking in the bathhouse, with the relaxing hot water, and laid back conversations with Rokka.

Emphasis on the usually, because now it's the most uncomfortable thing she's experienced in a while.

Chapter Text

 

Masuki was in a situation that she didn't know how to handle.

 

Even when her cool demeanor had dropped around Rokka (and the rest of RAS), she still knew how to put up that front in an instant if she needed to. This time, though, that didn't seem to be an option.

 

Because she was in Rokka's bathhouse. With Rokka. And they were kind of cuddling. Maybe.

 

She didn't know what to call it. Their shoulders were touching (and Masuki definitely didn't miss the redness on Rokka's cheeks (or her own)), they had gotten relaxed next to each other, and Masuki absentmindedly put her arm around her bandmate's shoulders.

 

When they were clothed, this kind of physical contact was normal, which is why it was so natural for Masuki to do that. But when they were both soaking in the bath, completely naked, mind you, she realized that that might not be... Acceptable.

 

Rokka squeaked, and Masuki made sure that none of her was touching Rokka, but it was still awkward. Usually they talked when they were like that.

 

Now they were silent. It was so awkward. Yeah, she had a crush on Rokka, but never had it felt so embarrassing before. It was always sweet, and comforting, and warm, not... Weird, like this.

 

So when the first year suggested they ended it early this time, Masuki was more than relieved.

 

Chapter 37: Drabble 37 - Anxceit

Summary:

The production of the new music video was going (mostly) as planned.
And Virgil hated it.

Notes:

It's not that I have brainrot and anxceit is all I can think about rn... but it's that I have brainrot and anxceit is all I can think about rn
I'm stealing this idea from.. myself, I tweeted abt it earlier today haha

Also WOW this is really long,, whoops

Chapter Text

 

Sometimes, Virgil really hated Janus.

 

That was a shock to nobody. Ever since Virgil left the dark sides, their relationship was incredibly strained, hanging on by less than a thread. They didn't like each other at all, and with Janus getting accepted by Thomas and the other light sides, Virgil was more angry at him than usual.

 

Which is why it was horrible that this video was being made at that time, when Virgil had just found out. Because it included a song. The video itself was unscripted, which made everybody a bit stressed, but they always planned ahead a bit if there was going to be a song.

 

Which lead him back to now.

 

Much like in the intrusive thoughts episode and Remus, in this video, Janus had a song that was mostly of him, and of course he was singing about him and Virgil's relationship. Because he liked taunting Virgil, apparently. Which was evident when he made Virgil sing in the song, too.

 

Virgil didn't mind singing, and had sung in a song for the series a few times, but in a song this emotionally charged, it was really difficult. Not to mention the sequence for the song itself. It wasn't too flashy visually, again, it was similar to Remus' song in many ways, but there was choreography. And since it was centered around the two of them, they were the main two doing all the different moves. It was making the production of the video itself very annoying and tense, no matter how much Patton or Thomas tried to reign both of them in. A lot of fights happened, drenched in sarcasm and hitting some very sore spots with their words.

 

And then there was the scene Virgil was dreading.

 

It was simple to do, but bad for Virgil's nerves. In the bridge to the chorus, Janus would use his cane to twirl Virgil and pull him into his arms, Virgil initially facing away from Janus, and use a hand to make Virgil face him and get dangerously close to kissing him. It was awful.

 

But the problem wasn't in the actual move itself, Virgil figured out. It was in the look on that stupid snake's face.

 

He was so smug while lipsyncing to his own voice playing back to him as they filmed, smirking at Virgil (which totally didn't make his heart leap into his throat and his face get warmer), and got even closer than they intended, so much so that he could feel Janus' breath on his lips.

 

And, as much as Virgil wanted to hate him, the only thought that ran through his incredibly gay mind at that moment was Wow, he's really hot. He was sure he looked like an idiot in that moment, and managed to compose himself after Janus pulled away to start on the next scene.

 

"That take was really good!" Thomas clapped his hands together. "Virgil, you really did a good job looking shocked in that scene." Well, at least his embarrassment hadn't gone to waste.

 

Though, he could've sworn he saw Janus wink at him out of the corner of his eye.

 

Chapter 38: Drabble 38 - Norray

Summary:

Norman and Ray have a calm moment during the apocalypse. (Zombie AU)

Notes:

Aahashsshshs aaaaaaa I am u n i n s p i r e d

Chapter Text

 

Ray slammed the door behind him, barricading it as quickly as he could, and sinking to the floor. This was their new base, as the last one was... Compromised.

 

And they also lost Emma on the way there.

 

Ray started to panic again, but he felt a hand on his shoulder, that immediately started to rub small circles into it.

 

"It'll be okay, Ray," Norman sat next to him and smiled, but Ray knew that smile by now. It was the smile Norman gave to mask what he was actually feeling, a strategy to fool not only other people, but himself. "If Emma survived for three years without us, she can survive a week or two."

 

"But still! We shouldn't have lost her." Ray muttered, looking away, but still leaning into Norman's touch. He hated how calming the gesture was. "I shouldn't have lost her."

 

"Ray," Norman's expression shifted into a serious one, and he held Ray's other hand. "We need to focus on the now. We have a new base. It will be okay. We'll find her soon." He kissed the top of Ray's head, and quickly stood up and started to walk away.

 

"What... Was that?"

 

"Nothing!" Norman replied, but stopped as Ray grabbed his wrist.

 

"Stay here. Please."

 

Chapter 39: Drabble 39 - Sayo & hina

Summary:

As she's waiting on her execution, Sayo thinks about her life with Hina.

Notes:

Whoo boy this is late BUT I randomly got inspired to write servant of evil with Sayo and hina so... here???
It's not midnight here yet so I'm in the clear

Chapter Text

 

Sayo wondered what life would be like if she got to grow up as an equal to Hina.

 

Would they be close? Actually have a healthy relationship? Maybe. They were separated as babies, and since Hina was younger, she was the one raised as a princess. Sayo, however, was forced to be an servant to her twin sister.

 

Was she happy with this life? She didn't know. On the one hand, she hated her sister. So much. Hina was the princess. Hina got to be raised in priviledge and riches, even if she became notorious for being evil later in life. Hina got to grow up to have her own personality, albeit not a good one, instead of the empty shell Sayo had become.

 

But, she was still her sister. Even when she had ordered Sayo to kill the one she loved. Even when she asked Sayo if she could die for her. Even then, when Sayo was definitely going to die in a few minutes, Hina would always be her sister. And she was the servant.

 

It wasn't hard to convince others that she was Hina. A disguise, impersonating her voice, a haircut. It was all so easy. Easy to protect Hina, like she was born to do. Wearing a fancy dress felt so right, even though Sayo knew she couldn't wear it for long.

 

Even when her head was in the guillotine, she had to act like she wasn't afraid. Only saying Hina's favorite phrase.

 

"Oh, it's time for tea!"

 

Even if all she got back from Hina, who she had sacrificed so much for, was a long overdue "I love you, Onee-chan," she would still protect Hina with her entire being.

 

And suddenly, her being didn't exist anymore.

 

Chapter 40: Drabble 40 - Logicality

Summary:

Logan always thought many Christmas traditions were stupid, mistletoe being one of them.

That is, until he ends up underneath one with his crush, and he's suddenly thankful for it.

Notes:

While I was thinking up an idea for today's drabble, a Christmas song came on my playlist and then WHAM, christmas-themed ideas

Chapter Text

 

Logan had, reluctantly, agreed to go to his roommate's Christmas party. After all, he wouldn't be going back home for the holiday season, and he was maybe motivated by the fact that his crush was going to be there.

 

He didn't care much for the holiday season, but he knew that Patton absolutely loved it, and the thought of seeing his smile was enough to convince him to go. Besides, even though he wouldn't admit it, Christmas foods were very delicious, if unhealthy.

 

When he arrived back at the dorm, not very many people were there, only about three people besides him, but that was unsurprising. After all, Virgil was the one who had organized it, and he wouldn't socialize with anyone besides his close friends if he could help it. He probably had to stop Roman and Patton from bringing the entire school over.

 

Speaking of Patton, he enthusiastically greeted Logan as soon as he walked in the door with a hug. Patton hugged literally everybody, but it still made Logan's heart quicken just a little bit.

 

"Oh my gosh," He heard Roman gasp, and opened his eyes to see him grinning and holding one of Virgil's hands (it was impossible to miss Virgil's blush as he did so). "Virge, did you do that on purpose?"

 

"Maybe," The emo smirked, and saw Logan looking at them. "Come on, L, look." He pointed above Logan's head, and they both pulled away from the hug to look up.

 

Mistletoe.

 

Of course. Of course Virgil would do this. He always bothered Logan about asking Patton out. He had gotten incredibly impatient with Logan, and this was probably how he intended to get them together.

 

"Oh," Logan blushed, and looked at Patton, who was also a little red, although smiling a bit wider than before.

 

"It's okay, Lo, it doesn't have to be on the lips if you're uncomfortable with that-" Patton started, but Logan shook his head.

 

"That is unnecessary, Patton, a kiss on the lips would be... Satisfactory." Logan honestly commended himself on getting through that sentence.

 

And so, they kissed.

 

Roman and Virgil cheered, while Logan simply enjoyed it. Patton's lips were soft and warm, and at some point he had returned to Patton's embrace, and everything about Patton was just so sweet and warm.

 

Logan still thought Christmas traditions were foolish, but this time, he was grateful for them.

 

Chapter 41: Drabble 41 - Kaomisa

Summary:

Um. Cuddles. Listen this one is really short idk

Notes:

What do you know, it's another old drabble that I improved

Chapter Text

 

Misaki was incredibly comfortable. She was surrounded by soft blankets, the morning light wasn't too hard on her eyes for once, and her girlfriend's arms were really warm.

 

But, she was also very thirsty. She debated not getting up, but eventually, it was just too much to bear. She got up, walking to the kitchen, and poured herself half of a glass of water. As she was setting it down after finishing it, a pair of arms wrapped around her midriff.

 

"Good morning," Misaki smiled, interlacing her fingers with Kaoru's.

 

"Why'd you get up? I was so comfortable..." Kaoru's voice was heavy with tiredness, which was actually really adorable. "It's just not warm enough without you."

 

"You're like a child," Misaki teased.

 

"I'm older than you." Kaoru snuggled up against Misaki's cheek, holding her tighter.

 

"Ahahaha," Misaki laughed. "Okay, let's go back."

 

"But I'm awake now."

 

"Ugh, I love you." Misaki rolled her eyes, gently kissing Kaoru. And they stood there for a while, just cuddling.

 

It was nice.

 

Chapter 42: Drabble 42 - Norrayemma

Summary:

Soft cuddles.. das it

Notes:

Why am I so uselessly soft when writing norrayemma... they just deserve to be happy ok

Chapter Text

 

Emma was a clingy sleeper. Both Norman and Ray could attest to that, as Emma was always clinging to one of them while she slept, usually whoever had gotten in bed first, as that girl fell asleep with inhuman speed. The other one just had to deal with the fact that they wouldn't get to fully cuddle their partner because of Emma's sleeping habits.

 

However, on this particular day, Emma had gotten in bed first, and fell asleep without them. After some lighthearted discussion (which was unusual for Norman and Ray, they usually talked about serious things, since you couldn't really talk to Emma about that), they decided on snuggling on either side of Emma.

 

Norman was always the first to wake up, followed by Emma, and a very sleepy Ray a half hour later. Norman liked to wait until Emma woke up to get out of bed, because looking at his lovers always made him calm. He loved them a lot, and they loved him (even if Ray would only actually say it once in a blue moon). It was a nice life.

 

He was suddenly overtaken by a feeling of deep affection as he looked at the way that Ray held Emma as if she was a delicate piece of china, and the way that Emma had an arm around both of them. Could you marry two people? He certainly wanted to.

 

Suddenly, Emma stirred, disturbing the peace of the moment, but all was forgiven when she gave Norman the cutest little kiss on the cheek once she sat up. How Ray ever slept through Emma's loud morning greetings, Norman would never know. She carefully got herself out of Ray's grip, and skipped to the kitchen to make herself some breakfast, probably.

 

Normally, Norman would get up after Emma, but the way that Ray rolled into his arms and firmly planted himself there was just too cute to leave. He chuckled quietly as he held Ray, gently running his fingers through the black mess of his hair. Ray only responded by burying his face deeper into Norman's chest.

 

He supposed making sure Emma didn't burn the house down could wait for at least a little bit.

 

Chapter 43: Drabble 43 - Rinmaki

Summary:

Just some handholding fluff

Chapter Text

 

Maki always liked it when Rin held her hands. Her hands were surprisingly rough, so Rin's soft skin was a nice contrast to that. Luckily, Rin didn't seem to mind getting scratched by the rough skin on Maki's hand, otherwise she wouldn't have held her hands so often.

 

Maki liked to run her fingers over Rin's palm, always getting a little giggle out of her. It was absolutely adorable. And Rin always squeezed Maki's hands in a soft and gentle way that made her feel loved every time.

 

It was nice, Rin swinging her arm around as they walked, taking Maki with her. That girl always had a boundless amount of energy, and it often rubbed off on Maki.

 

Usually Maki would find such an energetic person really irritating, but when Rin was this cute, how could she ever get annoyed at her? Even when she did, it was due to an underlying feeling of wanting to protect her. Maybe it was because Rin was like a kitten. Full of energy, cheerful, small, and cute.

 

Rin made her happy, plain and simple. You couldn't be around her and not have some of her enthusiasm transferred over to you. And Maki saw this in herself especially. Even though she refused to admit it, Rin made her see the best things in life.

 

Maki wondered when she had become so sappy.

 

Chapter 44: Drabble 44 - Masurokka

Notes:

I was using a prompt generator for fun and this scenario came up and it's totally something that would happen in canon nd I love it
Stan masurokka

Chapter Text

 

Rokka rubbed her eyes right after waking up. She briefly wondered where she was, but remembered a couple seconds later. She was at a sleepover with everyone from RAS. They had all gotten pretty close over the past few months, and had planned to stay at Rokka's house.

 

She looked around. She was the first one awake, Rei curled up on some blankets in the corner, with an air mattress nearby that was being shared by Chu2 and Pareo, and...

 

And then there was the bed that Rokka was sharing with Masuki. Since this was her house, everyone agreed that it was fair for her to have the bed, but they didn't have enough space for Masuki to sleep, and Rokka offered to share the bed. She was now regretting that decision, however, as it meant being in close proximity to her crush for quite a few hours, which proved to a bit too much for her heart to take.

 

Masuki looked incredibly peaceful like this. She was lightly snoring (which was cute, how could that be cute??), and was laying with one of her hands off the edge of the bed. Her hair was messy, and shone a bright yellow in the dim sunlight.

 

Suddenly, a wave of confidence washed over Rokka. Maybe she could finally kiss her? If Rokka was woken up by a kiss, she would most likely enjoy it. So, maybe...?

 

And as soon as she leaned in, she stopped, just a few centimeters from Masuki's lips. What was she doing?! You couldn't just kiss somebody, especially not when they were asleep! She was about to pull away and go die in a hole from shame, probably, when a hand on her cheek stopped her.

 

"If you're not going to do it, I guess I will," Masuki's eyes fluttered open, piercing Rokka's soul, and she was the one who leaned in. The second their lips touched, Rokka could swear that she had died. Although, if that was death, somehow Rokka didn't mind dying. It was like thousands of fireworks went off inside her, and her heartbeat quickened. If she had been functioning properly, she would have drawn comparisons to the sparkly, heart-pounding feeling Kasumi always talked about, but she couldn't as her brain was overtaken by pure gay. "Mornin'." Masuki said once they broke apart, smiling in a way that made Rokka's heart jump.

 

"G-good morning, Masuki-san..." Rokka managed to stutter out, still recovering.

 

Chapter 45: Drabble 45 - Logicality

Summary:

Patton brings Logan up to the roof to watch the stars.

Notes:

Reading this might just give you cavities, fair warning
Like woah das a lot of fluff

Chapter Text

 

"Lo, you gotta come up here!" Logan jumped as Pattin burst into the room, grabbed his wrist, and started pulling him out the door.

 

"Patton, what are you talking about?" Logan tried to ask, but it only got him a "shush" in response, so he decided to ignore it for the time being. They ended up climbing the ladder in their backyard that lead to the roof.

 

"Ta-da!" Patton put his arms out once Logan got up. It turns out that he had set up a blanket on the roof, with some steaming mugs nearby, which Logan assumed contained hot chocolate seeing as Patton rarely drank coffee, especially not this late at night. "No, silly, look up!" Patton playfully poked Logan, and he did.

 

The stars were gorgeous. Logan grew up in the city, and he didn't get to see much of them, but here? They were on full display, shining brightly, just like all the pictures he saw of stars when he was a kid. "Wow, Patton, this..."

 

"I thought you'd like it." Patton sat down and patted the ground next to him, and Logan followed suit.

 

"I suppose I've been too busy ever since moving here to really appreciate the stars." Logan leaned into his boyfriend, a sense of warmth and contentment filling his chest. Patton handed him a mug, but Logan was too busy looking up at the stars to actually drink from it.

 

"Exactly! Everyone needs a break from time to time, and so I thought it would be nice to come up here and just... Relax." Patton put an arm around Logan, sipping his own hot chocolate and sighing contentedly.

 

As the stars shone bright in the night, Logan looked at Patton, who's blue eyes reflected the stars in a truly breathtaking way. He was smiling, and turned to face Logan, his smile only growing. He leaned forward and gently kissed Logan, making him feel even calmer and happier.

 

This was where he was meant to be.

 

Chapter 46: Drabble 46 - Mayaeve

Summary:

Maya helps Eve with her hair after a shower.

Notes:

Can't believe I've gotten this far in this challenge and haven't written mayaeve yet.. smh
I definitely made up for it with the length, like WHOO I am so soft when writing mayaeve (even tho I've written a like 4k word angst fic with them before shhshshsh)

Chapter Text

 

Maya woke up to the sound of a hair dryer, and it was starting to get annoying. She knew Eve liked to get up early, but at that moment all she cared about was getting it to stop.

 

"Oh, Maya-san!" The sounds of air finally stopped, and Eve walked through the bathroom door in her robe. "You're awake!"

 

"Eve, we've been married for over a year now, you can drop the honorific." Maya yawned, stretching her arms.

 

"I know, but... Something just feels weird about not using it." Eve shook her head, and Maya could literally see the water coming off of her hair. "Oh, sorry. I wanted your help drying my hair, it can be a challenge to get a hold of." Yeah, no kidding. Eve had some of the thickest hair of anyone Maya ever knew.

 

"Mm... Okay." Maya got up, and followed her wife into the bathroom that was connected to their room. Eve sat down on a stool, and handed Maya the dryer. "Shouldn't I pat it down with a towel first?"

 

"Ah, but if you do that, it's always a pain to brush afterwards." Eve said, but Maya shook her head.

 

"Nope, I'm using a towel." Maya was surprisingly stubborn when she was tired, and so Eve just sat back and hummed to herself while her wife squeezed her hair with a towel.

 

After that, she went in with the hair dryer, on a cold setting ("Too much heat is bad for your hair, you know."), and the noise was less unbearable since she was more awake. Eve seemed to be enjoying it, as she was mumbling to herself in Finnish, and she only did that when she was incredibly relaxed. It was nice to see Eve so calm and tranquil. Even if she saw it often, it was still a wonderful sight.

 

Eve was truly gorgeous. Heck, she had been a model for a long time, and Maya could understand why. She could pull off so many looks, and styles, and looked good in practically anything.

 

Once her hair was dry, Eve asked Maya if she could brush it through for her. Of course, Maya knew that Eve really liked having her hair brushed, so she obliged, even when she'd rather be getting her day started already. It was good to take a break every once in a while.

 

After her hair was thoroughly combed through, and all the knots were gone, Eve started styling it in her signature twin braids, chatting to Maya about her week. It reminded her so much of all those old moments in Pasupare dressing rooms. God, she missed the past of Pasupare. Now it was fine, but it was really at its peak in high school. Being an idol got just a bit dryer when you were older. Not that she didn't love it, of course, but it just wasn't the same.

 

After Eve was finished braiding her hair, she gave Maya a brief kiss on the cheek before exiting the bathroom.

 

"Thank you so much, Maya-san."

 

"You're welcome."

 

"I love you."

 

"Yeah, I love you too." It was still weird to hear Eve say it, which was weird in and of itself, because they were literally married.

 

Either way, Maya finally got her day started, a bit happier than usual. Eve really brought out the best in her.

 

Chapter 47: Drabble 47 - Prinxiety

Summary:

Roman and Virgil, sitting in a tree, panicking and also kissing.

Chapter Text

 

"I don't know, Roman, this just seems like a bad idea." Virgil said, projecting his voice a bit more than usual since Roman was already halfway up the tree.

 

"Oh, like you haven't done anything stupid yourself," Roman said back, turning his head around to send Virgil a glare. "And besides, you don't have to come up here if you don't want to."

 

"That's not what I meant," Virgil rolled his eyes, finding a steady place to put his foot. He had climbed quite a few trees when he was little, and was surprised to find that it was still easy.

 

"Well, then, get up here!" Roman stood proudly on a branch. "Jeez, you climb so slowly!"

 

"This is how you don't get injured, Princey." Virgil eventually hauled himself up onto the same branch, with Roman's help, and sat down. "You go slow."

 

"Pshh, how boring," Roman said, not so subtly scooting closer to the emo.

 

After about a few minutes of silence, Virgil started to panic. How were they supposed to get down? Would they ever get down? Would they need help? So many worst case scenarios were running through his head, and it was about to get out of hand, when a hand on his back distracted him.

 

"You okay, Virge?" Roman asked, tilting his head in concern. "Sorry if I made you feel like you had to come up here with me, it was probably a stupid idea." When Virgil didn't answer, Roman started to talk faster, like he did when he was overthinking things. "Oh god, I'm so sorry, I really wasn't thinking when I came up here, and now you're probably mad at me, I-"

 

"Shut up," Virgil said, much louder than usual, surprising even himself. And since he was really delusional at the moment, and probably panicking because wow this branch was higher up than it looked, he thought it was a good idea to surge forward and kiss Roman.

 

Although, even after he realized it was probably a bad idea, Roman was already kissing him back, so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all. That made him relax a little.

 

After they pulled away, all they could really do was agree to get down.

 

Chapter 48: Drabble 48 - Ayachisa

Summary:

Aya and Chisato make a snowman.

Chapter Text

 

Chisato couldn't believe this.

 

She always thought of herself as a rational person, but that view was ruined after Aya suggested they go out into the snow during practice to make a snowman. And Chisato agreed.

 

She barely even had her coat on, since Aya had quite literally dragged her out the door due to her own excitement. And now she was helping Aya make a snowman. During practice.

 

This was a mess.

 

They could barely scrounge up enough snow to make the snowman properly sized, so it ended up being a tiny snowman. Which, Chisato had to admit, was adorable.

 

But it was nothing compared to Aya. The whole time, Aya's eyes were shining a brilliant pink, and she looked so excited that it eventually made Chisato forget about her worries. Even though she was freezing, Aya made it better by hugging her while they put on the finishing touches.

 

The snowman ended up with a lopsided grin on its face, and it looked kinda wonky, but Aya looked so happy about it.

 

In the end, Chisato decided it was worth it. Even if they missed out on fifteen minutes of practice, even if her face went a little numb from the cold, it was fine, because Aya seemed happy and rejuvenated afterward.

 

And the kiss on the cheek she received from Aya was also contributing, she supposed.

 

Chapter 49: Drabble 49 - Tamarui

Summary:

Rui is due to meet her soulmate in 5 minutes.

And she's panicking because her hair just won't style the way she wants it to.

Chapter Text

 

5 minutes.

 

Rui was currently freaking out. Having long hair came with quite a few downsides, but being able to style it in many ways was not one. Even though she didn't so it much, she thought it would be nice for when she met her soulmate.

 

But now she was stuck in the dressing room of the shop, desperately trying to get her hair into a bun, and it just wasn't cooperating. No matter how many times she brushed through it, it wouldn't stay up.

 

4 minutes.

 

Eventually she put the clothes she was wearing back on, setting the other clothes in a bag. She had meant to wear them while meeting her soulmate, but she had overslept that day and couldn't get to the store in time. Oh well.

 

Still, maybe she was doing this wrong. How had Fumi taught her this again? Was she not paying attention during the fact? Maybe. Sighing, she resorted to putting it in a ponytail for now.

 

3 minutes.

 

Stepping outside the dressing room, she rushed to the counter to check out her purchase. There was a small line. She could wait.

 

2 minutes.

 

Rui decided it was worth trying to put her hair up in a bun again. She didn't have much else to do besides wait.

 

1 minute.

 

She started getting nervous again. It wouldn't be that long until she would meet her soulmate. She needed to look good, and she didn't look good with her hair down at all, even when it was brushed like this.

 

30 seconds.

 

She didn't have time to get it in a ponytail, did she?

 

10 seconds.

 

The person in front of her in line grabbed the bags with their things in it.

 

5 seconds.

 

They started walking away.

 

4.

 

Rui didn't have time.

 

3.

 

She settled on putting the scrunchie on her wrist.

 

2.

 

Her soulmate was going to see her like this! Oh no...

 

1.

 

Rui braced herself.

 

0.

 

As she stepped forward in line, the cashier just stared at her. She had beautiful purple eyes, and what she said next made a smile break across Rui's face.

 

"You're beautiful..."

 

Maybe she didn't look so bad with her hair down after all.

Chapter 50: Drabble 50 - Prinxiety

Summary:

A sleepover between Roman and Virgil gets very... Awkward, to say the least.

Notes:

Halfway through baby let's go!
Have something a little bit too long to be considered a drabble as a treat
(Also this is vaguely inspired by the song interviewer because I just got project diva on my switch and i think my vocaloid phase is coming back-)

Chapter Text

 

Roman glanced at the clock. 12:27 AM. Should be plenty of time. He isn't used to staying up this long, but sleepovers with Virgil are always worth possibly ruining his sleep schedule for.

 

And, as it is with sleepovers, they're running out of things to do. Apparently, rewatching the entirety of Avatar season 3 doesn't take as long as Roman thought, and they had played more rounds of Clue than anybody should in a lifetime (yes, he knows you should play Clue with more than 2 people but damn it if he wants to spend some quality time playing a board game with his best friend and nobody else then he will).

 

"So... Wanna play 50 questions?" Virgil said after a few minutes of silence.

 

"Sure," Roman shrugged. Not like he could come up with anything better.

 

"Okay, uh... What's your favorite movie?" A pretty weak question considering that they had known each other since 7th grade, but they were just warming up. It was fine.

 

"Ugh, you know I can't answer that! It fluctuates! Today, though, I'd have to say... Strangely, I'm in a Tangled mood." Roman thought for a moment, then asked, "Who's the hottest person you know?"

 

"Hmm..." Virgil thought for a moment. "Janus."

 

"What?!"

 

"What, just 'cause I hate him doesn't mean I can't find him attractive!" Virgil said defensively. "I mean, have you ever heard the man sing? Whoo! I'd probably like, kick his ass before making out with him or something."

 

"Wow, okay, that was... An intriguing take," Roman replied, putting it lightly.

 

They kept going back and forth, some questions more filler, some more serious, some sparking intense debates and arguments. Until Virgil decided to ask the one question Roman had really hoped he wouldn't ask.

 

"Who do you like?" He seemed to regret the words as soon as he said them, and cringed. "Sorry, I... Didn't think. I know you don't really like talking about it."

 

"No, it's fine."

 

"You don't have to answer, you know," Virgil said, and then chuckled to himself, so quietly that it was hard to tell, but it almost sounded sad? "It's not like it's me, anyway."

 

"Virgil..." Roman muttered, feeling sad. That was the whole reason he didn't tell him!

 

"Oh, you heard that?" Virgil's head shot up, and he started fidgeting with the sleeves of his hoodie, fingers moving sporadically and intensely.

 

"Trust me, Virgil," Roman started, and simultaneously felt his heart speed up and his palms get incredibly sweaty. But he had to say it. He had been wanting to for so long, and now there was a perfectly good opportunity to tell him. "If... If I had a crush on anyone else, you would know about it by now."

 

"What?" Virgil looked shocked, but that expression quickly melted into a relieved smile. "Oh... Yeah, uh... Me too." Roman grabbed one of Virgil's hands and smiled.

 

Maybe not having anything to do was a good thing after all.

 

Chapter 51: Drabble 51 - Mayaeve

Summary:

Maya realizes that the girl she was sent to kill is incredibly cute and maybe she wasn't cut out for being an assassin after all.

Chapter Text

 

Maya groggily opened her eyes to an unfamiliar place. Her drowsiness quickly turned into panic, and then relief when she felt her knife tucked neatly into her pocket.

 

However, that relief faded into confusion once she saw the girl hovering over her with a concerned expression who was maybe, totally, definitely not absolutely captivating.

 

"Are you okay?" She asked, helping Maya sit up. When she did, Maya winced, finding that her back was incredibly sore.

 

"What happened?" Maya asked, then shook her head. "Wait, first, who are you?"

 

"I'm Eve, nice to meet you," The girl - Eve - smiled politely at her, and then put a finger on her chin in thought. "I was walking home a few hours ago when I heard a crashing noise behind me. I turned around and saw that you had fallen into a flowerbed pretty hard, and it seemed like you were unconscious, but you might've just passed out on the way here, I'm not sure. Either way, you're at my house now. Welcome."

 

Eve? Wakamiya Eve...? Like, the Eve she was supposed to be murdering Eve? This was bad.

 

"I'm Maya," She replied instead of voicing her internal monologue. "Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it."

 

"Oh, it's nothing. You might want to rest for a bit longer, though, the fall was pretty bad." Eve stood up, and started walking towards the door. "I'll leave so you can relax. Bye!"

 

Maya simply waved, and sighed. She was so embarrassed that she had meant to kill this girl and yet found her cute, especially after she had nursed her back to health.

 

Though, looking back on it, she didn't like killing people much. Sure, she was skilled enough, but there were plenty of way more talented assassins in the organization, and she always felt incredibly guilty after taking someone's life. It was all she had ever known, being raised the way she was, but...

 

She decided that after she was better, she would be calling her boss in order to quit.

 

Chapter 52: Drabble 52 - Kaomisa

Summary:

At a party, Misaki realizes that, maybe, she hasn't just been knowing that Kaoru was attractive this whole time.

Chapter Text

 

The day had been nice so far. It was Eve's birthday, and pretty much everyone Misaki ever knew and then some (which was mostly an exaggeration but also not really, Eve had a lot of friends) was at the party, and Misaki had agreed to come along because there wasn't anything much better to do, and besides, she really did appreciate Eve and was happy to celebrate.

 

The rest of Harohapi was there as well, leading to very many shenanigans, the worst involving the three dummies almost destroying Eve's cake, and Kanon having to stop them from going anywhere near anything delicate. So now they were having a very enthusiastic conversation about bees, while Kanon was chatting with Chisato and making sure to keep an eye on them.

 

Misaki didn't really know what to do. Sure, she could go talk to someone, but everyone was already talking and it would be weird to just insert herself into a conversation and she was kinda tired too, so she decided on hanging back until it was time to eat or... Whatever high school students were supposed to do at birthday parties.

 

At first she tried to listen in to the three dummies conversation, but she had no idea how they had gotten from bees to cows in two seconds, and thinking about it made her brain hurt, so she just started scrolling through social media. She knew it was lame, but there was nothing else to do, and like hell was she about to involve herself in the mess that was social interaction.

 

She was shocked out of her feed when there was a loud popping noise, and saw Hina in the doorway. Of course she had shown up like this. Loud, obnoxious, disturbing the peace. It was just the way Hina would enter a party, with a party popper. That got confetti everywhere.

 

Since she had set it off near the door, however, it was mostly on the three dummies, who had for some reason decided that in front of the door was the best place to have a conversation (Misaki loved them, but sometimes their logic was so bad that she had to take a second to even try to process it). Kokoro was distracted by how sparkly the confetti was, Hagumi was trying to get it off so she could save some, and Kaoru...

 

Was laughing. And not one of her small laughs when she thought something was amusing, no, this was full on, unrestrained laughter, something very rare coming from Kaoru. And it was adorable. The way she subtly covered her mouth, her shaking shoulders, her eyes fully closed was cute.

 

 

Misaki knew the difference between finding someone attractive and being attracted to them. She could acknowledge that Kaoru was really beautiful, handsome in a charming way, hence the reason why literally everyone, even most of the girls from Misaki's school, could admit that she was hot. But, in the moment after Kaoru opened her eyes, still trying to contain her laughter, and glanced at Misaki, did she realize that maybe, just maybe, she was way more attracted to her than just knowing she was hot.

 

And oh boy, did Misaki internally flip out at that moment.

 

Chapter 53: Drabble 53 - Logince

Summary:

Logan really wasn't one for lots of cuddles and kisses, but how could he refuse when Roman was so affectionate?

Notes:

Ok so I may or may not be writing a multi chapter LAMP fic with a heavy logince focus and it definitely hasn't made me get a new appreciation for soft logince kisses what do you mean

Chapter Text

 

Logan heard the sound of the door opening, and figured that his husband was home. Finally. He knew that being an actor meant that he stayed later than planned some nights, but this was just excessive.

 

"Hello, Roman," A small smile crossed Logan's face as his husband pressed a kiss into his forehead and held his waist.

 

"Hey, Specs," Roman said, and Logan could really tell that the day had been weighing down on him. His voice was less loud and overdramatic than usual, and he leaned on Logan very heavily.

 

"Are you tired?" Logan asked, gently kissing his cheek, and he jumped just slightly when Roman shifted his face so that their lips could meet.

 

"What does it look like?" He mumbled, immediately closing the gap again. Logan almost chuckled at this, but held it back in favor of maintaining the kiss. While he didn't require much affection, and honestly preferred his space most of the time, Roman was very good at kissing, and even Logan yearned for cuddles every once in a while. "Lo, have I ever told you how much I love you?"

 

"We're married, Roman, it's pretty much  presumed," Logan grinned, feeling a sense of contentment wash over him as he couldn't help but kiss Roman again.

 

"I still need to say it more," Roman replied, almost defensively, as he started pressing tiny kisses all over Logan's face, slowly moving to his jawline, and, eventually, on his neck. "I love you so, so much, Logan..." Roman practically whispered into his neck, the feeling of his breath making Logan shiver just a tiny bit (although, he would deny this).

 

"Okay, okay," As much as Logan enjoyed this, they still needed to make dinner, even this late. "I love you too, but I know that you're hungry. Shall we make dinner?"

 

"Can we stay like this for just a bit longer? Please?" Roman asked, and how could Logan deny him when his eyes were shining like that?

 

"Okay, fine, but only for a little longer."

 

"Thanks, nerd," Roman immediately got back to work leaving little kisses on anywhere but Logan's lips.

 

He knew that they wouldn't be stopping anytime soon, but if it was for Roman, he supposed they could eat a bit later.

 

Chapter 54: Drabble 54 - Masurokka

Summary:

Masuki just would not stop kissing Rokka, and she felt like she had to say something before she died of pure gayness.

Chapter Text

 

It wasn't that Rokka didn't like kissing Masuki. Quite the opposite, actually. The problem she was having arose with the fact that Masuki wouldn't stop kissing her and it was making her heart do weird things and she was pretty much in a perpetual state of blushing for the entire day.

 

Even as they practiced, the first thing Masuki did once their break started was to kiss Rokka within an inch of her life as she could only be overwhelmed with panic and her imminent gay demise. Truthfully, she wouldn't mind dying this way, but it was a little inconvenient when Chu2 kept nagging her for not being focused.

 

So, she just had to ask her girlfriend why she was kissing her so much. She really had no other option, unless she really was going to die from it.

 

Masuki just tilted her head, still holding onto the handle of the motorcycle, and answered the question like it was obvious. "Cause you're my girlfriend." She said, gesturing for Rokka to get on the motorcycle with her.

 

"Maybe, but... You've just never kissed me this much before." Rokka said, and quickly held up her hands. "N-not that I'm not enjoying it, of course, I'm just... Confused, that's all."

 

"Hmm, that's true. Your chapstick probably has something to do with it." Masuki grinned at Rokka as she sat behind her, holding onto her waist like usual.

 

"You mean the cotton candy one I've been wearing today?" Masuki nodded. "Do... Do you want some? You could've just asked."

 

"Nah, I'm fine," Masuki handed her a helmet. "It just tastes good, is all. Besides, kissing you is a more fun way of putting it on." That made Rokka blush more than she'd like to admit. "Hold on!" Masuki yelled over the roaring of the motorcycle as they started driving.

 

At least she got an answer. A sweet one, too. She would be sure to wear that chapstick more often, then.

 

Chapter 55: Drabble 55 - Dukeceit

Summary:

The worst part about having an insomniac for a boyfriend is that Janus can't sleep without him.

Chapter Text

 

Sometimes, for his own sake, Janus really regretted dating Remus.

 

He loved him to death, but as the embodiment of self preservation, he often wondered what it would be like to sleep before midnight again. Because, there were a couple downsides to the whole thing.

 

First of all, Remus didn't need sleep. He still slept, of course, but it was simply because he wanted to. And since he didn't need sleep, he didn't get tired, so he couldn't really gauge when an appropriate time to sleep was, no matter how much Janus tried to tell him. Second of all, he was surprisingly good at cuddling and making Janus relax for someone that kept Thomas up so many nights (even though, it was technically Virgil who did that, but he was only doing it as a reaction to Remus, so it was complicated). And so, Janus developed a certain dependency on him for sleep that had gotten out of hand in the past few months.

 

And now he physically could not sleep without him. Which was a problem since he went to bed so much earlier than Remus. So, most nights, he would just lay in bed and wait for his boyfriend to get back from... Whatever he did when Janus wasn't around, he genuinely did not want to know. And that night was one of them.

 

But it seemed sleep would grace him earlier than usual as Remus bounded into the room and jumped on Janus. He was startled by it, obviously, but quickly melted into the touch.

 

"Jan! I'm back!" Remus snuggled underneath the covers, his arms quickly finding their way back around Janus' waist.

 

"Welcome," Janus replied, one of his arms snaking (pun not intended) around Remus as a hand found its place on the back of his neck.

 

"This sure is comfy," Remus observed, laying his head on the pillow. Janus went to reply, but Remus shushed him response. "Shh, I actually want to sleep this time."

 

"Wow, really? Okay then, good night, Remus." Janus pressed their foreheads together and sighed.

 

As sleep claimed him, he could only focus on how peaceful Remus looked as he slept, as opposed to usual.

 

Chapter 56: Drabble 56 - Kaorimi

Summary:

Um... softness

Chapter Text

 

Rimi had to be dreaming, right? There was no way this was real.

 

She knew that the Popipa and Harohapi girls had planned a sleepover (really, it was just Kasumi and Kokoro that were going to be there at first and then it had escalated to all ten of them), and that meant that Kaoru was going to be there. Which was not good for her heart.

 

And, they had naturally gotten some treats from Yamabuki bakery for dessert, because Saaya was also there and it was just convenient. And, also naturally, Rimi had asked for a chocolate cornet. So, now she was eating said chocolate cornet, and enjoying it quite thoroughly.

 

However, halfway through eating it, Kaoru (who decided to sit next to her, by the way, almost as if she was trying to give Rimi a heart attack) said something to her.

 

"Fufu, Rimi-chan, you have a bit of chocolate on your face," She said while eating her own bun.

 

"Oh, really?" Rimi had gotten more used to Kaoru's presence over the year they had known each other, so she was able to at least talk to her without stumbling over her words (but the subtle flirting and cute comments always left her helplessly blushing and panicking). She tried to get it, but it seemed she was getting nowhere, as Kaoru quickly shifted closer.

 

"Let me," She reached over and actually touched Rimi's face, which immediately caused the second year's heart to start racing. However, after she had supposedly gotten the chocolate off, Kaoru didn't let go, instead beginning to caress her cheek. Of course, this made Rimi let out a tiny, strangled noise.

 

It felt amazing, even if it was a bit embarrassing, and so who could blame her for leaning into the touch after a few moments? They stayed like that, Kaoru's thumb rubbing gentle circles into her cheek, and Rimi closing her eyes and enjoying the sensation, until Kokoro suddenly jumped up and declared she had an idea and ran off to go do it, and everybody else quickly following to either join in or make sure nothing got broken. Rimi was a bit disappointed that it was over, but that was okay. At least nobody else brought it up, otherwise she might have actually died.

 

And if the two of them ended up kissing after everybody else went to bed, well, that was just between the two of them, wasn't it?

 

Chapter 57: Drabble 57 - Mayaeve

Summary:

Social media is a dangerous game.

Chapter Text

 

All of the PasuPare members had private Twitter accounts for just them and their friends, and then public accounts for the world to see. It was reasonable to have both, even if it did leave Maya feeling a bit overwhelmed sometimes.

 

So, you could understand her concern when she came back from a day out on the town (a term coined by Aya, which she wasn't sure she liked, but she had nothing better to use) and her public account was absolutely blowing up. As she was frantically looking around, trying to find the source of whatever just happened, she noticed a post that was now deleted that a lot of people were tagging her in.

 

Searching around a bit more, she found the evidence.. And oh boy, was it a doozy.

--

Shirasagi Chisato @shirasagichisato 3:31 pm

Can't believe our day out on the town ended up with me third wheeling on maya-chan and eve-chan's date lmao

--

 

It was a tweet that was clearly meant for her private account, but she had accidentally posted to her main account. For business announcements, or related things. That had over a million followers.

 

Oh shit.

 

Maya felt like she had to give some sort of statement, but what could she say? She was dating Eve, after all! It wasn't like they were actively trying to hide it, but the general consensus was to keep it a secret for as long as possible. So, she tweeted out the only thing she could think of

--

Yamato Maya @TechieIdol 3:49 pm

Chisato-san what have you done

--

Chapter 58: Drabble 58 - Prinxiety

Summary:

Listen the prompt generator gave me a rlly good one.. here it is (idk how to summarize this so)

Chapter Text

 

Ah, the noises of the early morning...

 

The birds chirping, a news station in the background that Roman was never paying attention to, occasionally the noises of breakfast cooking, and Virgil frantically getting ready for work because he literally always overslept.

 

It would've been endearing if it wasn't for the fact that Virgil was constantly forgetting things and Roman had to help remind him, which wasn't great when he was trying to wake up, but he did it anyway because he loved his husband. Even if it did annoy him, it wasn't that much, anyway, and it was always worth seeing the little smile on Virgil's face afterward.

 

This was one of those days, Virgil was particularly late, and had left his keys on the table. To be fair, they were half hidden underneath a bag, and so Roman grabbed them and approached Virgil, who was throwing on his coat and hurriedly trying to get out the door.

 

"Forgetting something?" Roman asked, a hint of teasing in his voice.

 

"Oh, yeah," Virgil stepped forward, cupped Roman's cheek, and gave him a quick kiss. Since he wasn't expecting it, Roman couldn't help but blush a little bit. He opened his hand to reveal the keys, and Virgil laughed a bit upon seeing them.

 

"I meant these, but thanks," Roman laughed a little himself, and Virgil kissed him again as he took the keys. "Okay, you're just cheating at this point!"

 

"Bye, Ro!" Virgil called behind him, and Roman waved.

 

Even if Virgil was infuriating sometimes, Roman still loved him.

 

Chapter 59: Drabble 59 - Kaorimi

Summary:

It's an endless circle of pining, and Rimi doesn't think she can get out of it.

Notes:

A more angsty take on kaorimi because I love torturing myself and I've had a long day and I'm tired and sad ok
Also it's not midnight here yet.. so Ha
(Idk why I wrote this in present tense,, it's more effective that way?? Sure)

Chapter Text

 

Rimi is stuck in a cycle.

 

She so desperately yearns for Kaoru's affection, and just when she thinks it's in her reach, it gets ripped away.

 

Of course, the flirting doesn't stop. It never does. Kaoru flirts with her every time she sees her, even if it's subtle, it's still there.

 

The cute pet names. The suggestive phrases. The teasing lilt in Kaoru's voice, as if this was just a game to rope Rimi in closer.

 

And it works. Every time, Rimi stutters, she blushes, doesn't know what to do with this.

 

And it doesn't stop Rimi from seeing the way that Kaoru flirts with other girls too. The same way she flirts with her.

 

But it's fine.

 

She can get over this whenever she wants, she's just indulging in the affection when it happens, nothing more. At least, that's what she tells herself.

 

Until Rimi actually tries to break away.

 

At first, she avoids Kaoru, but they meet every once in a while due to how deep in Rimi was in her crush and wanting to see the guitarist as much as possible, so much so that it was a part of her routine.

 

Kaoru smiled at her. Rimi's heart does a little jump, but she carries on.

 

She changes her schedule, and when that doesn't work, her resolve breaks.

 

Maybe she can't contain her crush.

 

Maybe she can't break the cycle.

 

Maybe she was doomed to this forever.

 

But it's okay.

 

As long as Kaoru's happy, breaking Rimi's heart like this.

 

She's okay with that.

 

Ultimately, her own happiness comes second to others'.

 

So she's fine with this.

 

She has to be, right?

 

Chapter 60: Drabble 60 - Masurokka

Summary:

Rokka is telling Masuki a story.
She's not listening at all.

Notes:

I have taken it upon myself to feed all of my fellow masurokka stans with these drabbles
Hey listen there's not enough content out there I'm just looking after us

Chapter Text

 

Masuki was honestly, truly, not listening to anything that Rokka was saying.

 

It wasn't like she wasn't trying, she was trying her damn hardest to pay attention! It was just impossible when Rokka kept making that face, or maybe it wasn't her expression, maybe it was just her face in general that was adorable. Yeah, that was it.

 

Rokka was telling her a story, and from the looks of things, she was getting very fired up about it. Yet another thing Masuki loved about her; whenever Rokka got passionate about something, even to a small degree, she could put so much gusto behind it. Maybe not gusto, but power. Energy? It was really attractive nonetheless, especially up on stage when her hair was down and her glasses were off. God, her heart was doing all sorts of crazy things just thinking about it.

 

She remembered the time when Rokka had come all the way to her fucking school when she thought Masuki was going to quit RAS and gave a very passionate speech. It was very embarrassing, sure, but also quite endearing (even if she had to deal with questions about her "girlfriend" for days afterward. She tolerated her classmates, but jesus if they kept reminding her of the fact that they weren't dating she might've just lost her cool, and she almost did).

 

It was really damn impressive, the fact that Rokka could be so many things at once. Cute, hot, shy, intense. Those adjectives could all describe Rokka at any given moment, and she pulled it off so well. If only Masuki could be like that.

 

Wait, was Rokka still talking? She was, and looking so adorable while doing it. Masuki could hear her voice, and see her lips moving (don't think about kissing her, DO NOT think about kissing her), but she comprehended none of it. It was just... Too easy to stare at Rokka, and it was almost infuriating.

 

Ah, well. Wasn't Rokka's fault that Masuki was so gay around her. She could only hope that this story wasn't supposed to get any kind of big reaction out of her.

 

Otherwise, she was doomed.

 

Chapter 61: Drabble 61 - Rinmaki

Summary:

Rin sees Maki for the first time in months and is so excited that she can't help herself.

Chapter Text

 

Rin always hated it when Maki had to go overseas.

 

Not that she didn't want her wife to have a good career! Far from it. It just got really lonely without her sometimes. Her business trips always lasted a few weeks at the least, sometimes even months. And this was one of those times.

 

But Maki would be back today. They could maybe go eat ramen, or sing together, or do anything, really, Rin was just happy to have her back. In her excitement, she had the idea to bake Maki a cake. In hindsight, it wasn't a good idea, since she pretty much burned it to ashes, but at least nothing caught on fire. It just smelled really, really bad.

 

Now all she had to do was wait.

 

But she hated waiting! Especially for Maki.

 

Even if she only had a few hours left.

 

She still hated it.

 

But hey, those few hours passed surprisingly quickly, and soon enough, she could see her wife in the crowd of people getting off the plane.

 

Finally.

 

Rin immediately ran up to her and captured her in a bear hug. Maki just laughed, and returned it, and Rin felt like she was floating. Holding Maki again was heavenly.

 

"So, how was your trip?" Rin asked, kissing Maki's forehead and grinning down at her. But, in response, Maki only frowned. Oh no. Did she do something wrong? They were in public, after all, and Maki wasn't big on PDA.

 

"You missed." She said, and Rin had to take a second to process that.

 

"What?" She asked, very intelligently.

 

And then Maki stood on her toes and kissed her. And it felt so nice to kiss her wife after literal months. A light, airy, and warm feeling filled her chest, and she accidentally broke the kiss by smiling so widely, which earned a small giggle out of Maki.

 

"So, do you wanna get some ramen?"

 

"You know I do."

 

Chapter 62: Drabble 62 - Ayachisa

Summary:

At their first meet and greet as idols, Aya is totally panicky and awkward. Chisato suddenly has a problem.

Chapter Text

 

Chisato was quite worried about Aya.

 

It wasn't anything too serious, just the fact that their first performance kind of damaged their reputation, and even though they had mostly repaired it by now, she still knew Aya felt horrible about it. Aya did enjoy meeting fans, but Chisato knew she would be incredibly nervous about it. And she really hated seeing Aya upset.

 

So, she kept an eye on her for the duration of the meet and greet, at least, the best she could while she had to greet people herself. For the most part, everybody was very nice, save for a few people that made... Less than appropriate comments.

 

But, towards the end, Chisato saw someone offer Aya a handshake. Aya seemed to be excited about it, or maybe that was nervousness, it was a bit hard to tell. Probably a mixture of both. Either way, she blushed, and eagerly took the person's hand, apologizing for her palms being so sweaty.

 

And, for some reason, it made her heart stutter. It was just really adorable.

 

No, she couldn't be crushing on Aya, right? That was impossible. Sure, she was cute, and an incredibly admirable and determined person, but enough to crush on?

 

But it did explain quite a bit. And that made Chisato panic a bit herself. Her last crush had ended incredibly badly, and it was a bit hard to accept that she wanted to open up.

 

That train of thought was interrupted by a worried question from a fan in front of her. Ah, right. She quickly reassured them, continuing talking as normal.

 

She could deal with this later. Would she? Probably not. But, right now, she had to keep this going.

 

Chapter 63: Drabble 63 - Logince

Summary:

It is just the cliche of people falling asleep against each other in the backseat of a car because I am like that

Chapter Text

 

Virgil leaned back in his seat and exhaled. This road trip was exhausting. Like, yeah, everybody needed a break from their dingy, small town from time to time, but in the middle of summer when it was blazing out? Really, Patton?

 

He was sweaty, and felt gross (but no way in hell was he going to take his hoodie off. He practically lived in that thing). And since Patton was currently driving, he got to pick the music, and it was whatever the hell cheery music he listened to, Virgil wasn't paying attention. He was just waiting for his turn so that he could annoy everybody else (namely, Roman) with My Chemical Romance. That would be great.

 

Although, the thought didn't seem as great once he realized Roman had fallen asleep. Sure, he'd probably be awake by the time Virgil got to drive, but it still soured his mood a little. He was a creature that lived off of spite, how was he supposed to cheer up if he didn't have anyone to annoy?

 

A little jolt of excitement went through him when he realized that Logan was also asleep.

 

On Roman's shoulders.

 

"Patton, don't look now, but Logan and Roman are sleeping on each other," Virgil said, and Patton immediately turned around and gasped quietly.

 

"Aww, that's adorable..." He whispered, the excitement clear in his voice, but Virgil and Patton were excited for completely different reasons. Patton because Roman and Logan finally got over their pining (hopefully, Virgil was going to strangle Logan if he had to hear any more about how good Roman looked on any given day).

 

Virgil because now he had a new fuel to make fun of them with.

 

His mood was a lot better now.

 

This was going to be fun.

 

Chapter 64: Drabble 64 - Masurokka

Summary:

Masuki is very very cold, and Rokka helps warm her up.

Notes:

*bernie sanders meme* I am once again writing masurokka

Chapter Text

 

It was December, meaning Christmas decor was all around, the holiday feeling in the air, and really. Really. Cold.

 

Maauki was practically freezing. Yeah, it was probably her fault for putting on her favorite outfit and nothing else (her favorite outfit consisting of a sports bra, some really long and baggy pants, and her favorite red jacket - the one with the bunnies), but to be fair, she didn't really think about it. It was practically instinct, especially after wearing it so often for the past, what, 8 months?

 

Either way, it fucking sucked, and it didn't help that Rokka was walking with her and kept shooting glances in her direction. She knew she was shivering, and was vehemently keeping quiet about it; she brought this upon herself, she didn't need help.

 

That was, until Rokka actually asked her about it.

 

"Masuki-san? You're shivering, are you okay?" Rokka asked, concern evident in her voice, and put a hand (a gloved hand, she noted with a hint of jealousy) on Masuki's shoulder.

 

"It's fine," Masuki replied, pointedly ignoring the suspicious look from Rokka. A few seconds passed until Rokka said something again.

 

"Okay, you're obviously really cold, and it'll be a while before we get to the restuarant, so I helping you warm up." Her voice was stern, and she had an incredibly determined look on her face (Masuki tried (and failed) to ignore the fact that it was incredibly attractive). "Hmm, maybe you should take my coat..."

 

"What?! No!" Masuki said, louder than she meant to. "I mean, you need that. Stop worrying about it, I'll be fine." They walked for a bit longer, when Rokka's face lit up, and then a blush spread across her face (and god, was it cute). "What?"

 

"Um, well, I had an idea, but it's a little... Embarrassing," Rokka explained, subconsciously fiddling with the end of her ponytail.

 

"Okay, so? I can handle a little embarrassing," Masuki could definitely not handle a little embarrassing but she was getting desperate at this point and would honestly be willing to go with any suggestion from Rokka.

 

"Uh..." Rokka's blush deepened as she tries to figure out the best way to phrase the idea. "Would a... Would a kiss warm you up?" She finally managed to get out, immediately cringing once she saw the shocked look on Masuki's face.

 

If her cheeks weren't already red from the cold, they definitely were now. Kissing Rokka? Did she know how long Masuki had been waiting to do that?

 

"Yeah, that would... That'd definitely warm me up. Real good," Masuki forced a smile, but it became more genuine once Rokka relaxed and actually smiled a little.

 

Rokka stood on her toes and gently kissed Masuki, which made her feel so many things at once. She felt so light, and airy, or maybe that was the joy from finally being able to kiss her crush, but either way, it was a good feeling. As soon as she regained the ability to control her body, Masuki kissed back, her left hand on Rokka's back and her right hand in her hair. As they pulled away, Rokka let out a sigh, leaning closer into Masuki's touch.

 

Well one thing was for sure; she wasn't cold anymore.

 

Chapter 65: Drabble 65 - Norrayemma

Summary:

Sharing umbrellas trope because.. I'm predictable.

Chapter Text

 

"I'm still mad at you," Ray snapped, crossing his arms. He was soaking wet, so his fringe was pushed out of his face and Norman thought he looked quite good like that, actually.

 

"Really? I apologized," Norman frowned, although he wasn't very serious, considering it was hard to be upset around Ray.

 

"You forgot our umbrellas," Ray explained, flicking Norman, earning a small laugh out of him. "And now I'm wet and freezing. I'm not going to just forgive you."

 

"Fair enough." Norman hummed, spotting a flash of orange among the grey of the city.

 

"Norman! Ray!" Said flash of orange barreled into them in a very wet hug. Norman still enjoyed it. Emma's hugs were the best.

 

"Ow!" Ray shrieked, jumping back and practically hissing at Emma. "You poked me!"

 

"Sorry," Emma smiled sheepishly, struggling to get her umbrella upright again.

 

"Let me," Norman helped her, savoring the warmth of her hand. He didn't mind the cold as much as Ray did, but he always enjoyed how warm Emma constantly was (and he knew Ray did too, considering how he never pushed her off when she tried to hug him. Although, he didn't push Norman off either, even when he complained about how cold Norman was. He could think about that later).

 

"Thanks." Emma giggled, grabbing Ray and forcing him under the umbrella.

 

"It's so cramped under here..." He muttered, getting on the other side so they could all fit.

 

"Better than being wet," Emma pointed out. "And, besides, you like being this close to us."

 

"What? I do not!" Ray said defensively, a blush settling across his face.

 

"You definitely do." Norman smiled as Ray scoffed, thoroughly enjoying the way he looked so cute when he blushed.

 

They walked to their destination, bickering most of the way and staying silent for some of it. It was... Really nice.

 

 

Chapter 66: Drabble 66 - Anxceit

Summary:

Virgil usually scares away all the people that move to the apartment, but something about this man makes him want him to stay.

Chapter Text

 

Virgil would've sighed, but he knew the new occupant of the apartment was there, considering the whole loud noises and the sounds of unpacking going on. When you're a ghost that's been haunting the same few rooms of a tiny apartment for 20 years, you learn what someone unpacking sounds like.

 

He hadn't seen the new person yet, but it didn't matter. He wasn't going to he allowed to stay. This was Virgil's place, where he died and was going to haunt for all eternity, probably, and damn it, he was going to keep it to himself.

 

But that changed, somehow, when the new guy walked in. Oh, this man was cute. Who the hell even wears a cape indoors? And why was that hot?

 

He had a wonderful voice, too, and hell, he was funny! After only a few days of watching him (which was the longest Virgil had ever let anyone stay), he found himself really wanting to get closer to the man (Janus, apparently... What a name), and he barely knew anything about him!

 

Virgil realized he was lonely. Like, really lonely. Even before he died, he had never had a lot of friends, but something about Janus made him want to be his friend, probably something more but those feelings were too complicated to deal with at the moment.

 

Eventually, after a few weeks, Virgil decided he was going to make himself known. And not in the way he usually did (i.e. scaring the shit out of people and basically forcing them out), but as a friend. Hopefully.

 

Janus was reading. Even when doing such a simple task, he looked so elegant and poised and wow maybe he couldn't do this.

 

No. I have to. And, so, Virgil stopped hiding himself and cleared his throat. Janus jumped, finally noticing the ghost he had unknowingly been living with for 3 weeks. Virgil took a deep breath, and then...

 

"Uh, hi? I'm Virgil."

 

Chapter 67: Drabble 67 - Remile

Summary:

Emile is going to try to impress Remy.

Emphasis on the "try", though.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Emile knows he can do it.

 

He was in gymnastics for his entire middle and high school careers, a cartwheel would be no problem! And besides, it was for impressing Remy, so he couldn't get it wrong.

 

Impressing Remy wasn't that easy. The man was incredibly artistically talented, in basically every single way, and wasn't afraid to show when he thought something was bad. And he showed it a lot. But, luckily, sports were something Remy knew next to nothing about, so even if he wasn't perfect about it, it was bound to at least surprise him that Emile was good at gymnastics, considering he had never told him about it. It was going to be perfect.

 

Even when his nerves started to get worked up when Remy walked outside his house to water his flowers, probably, Emile didn't let himself get discouraged. He had to do this. Remy was just so perfect, and nice, and an artist, Emile was just a nerd who liked cartoons a lot and was a therapist. The coolness discrepancy between them was painfully obvious.

 

"Hey, Remy," He jogged up to the man in question, who looked up from his flowers and waved. His usual leather jacket was absent, as it was summer, and he was surprisingly muscular for somebody who never worked out. Emile pushed those thoughts out of his head. He had to focus. "Prepare to be amazed!"

 

"I'll try," Remy joked, sitting up so that he could get a better look at what Emile was about to do. His gaze definitely did some things to Emile (even if he couldn't see his eyes through the sunglasses), and the therapist took a deep breath.

 

And he only got halfway through the cartwheel until he fell right on his face. Oh.

 

If Remy hadn't thought he was utterly uncool before, now he definitely did. Emile was frozen, partly from the shock, mostly from pure embarrassment. He wondered just how Remy was looking down on him in his head.

 

Meanwhile, Remy was just about dying from how gay he was. Why it took a failed cartwheel to realize his (looking back on it, incredibly obvious) feelings for Emile, he didn't know. All he knew was he really really liked the confident smile Emile gave him before he attempted the cartwheel, and the way his eyes lit up whenever he was excited and the fact that you could still see that through his glasses.

 

"Sorry, I, uh..." After approximately a second, Remy helped Emile up, and his heart practically burst from fondness at the sight of his incredibly red face and his glasses were slightly askew (not broken thankfully) and the look on his face was so adorable and-

 

He was kissing him before he knew it. As soon as he realized this, he pulled away, ready to profusely apologize and crawl into a hole if necessary, but the look of pure bliss on his face made Remy do a double take.

 

Emile looked happy that he had kissed him. Emile looked really happy that he had kissed him.

 

That had to mean something.

 

Notes:

I would've continued this one but tbh? I didn't have any more idea and it was getting kinda long so have that cliffhanger babyyy

Chapter 68: Drabble 68 - Yukisayo

Summary:

Yukina has to clear up a misunderstanding with Lisa after not being able to propose to Sayo.

Chapter Text

 

Yukina knew she was doomed from the second Sayo got on one knee.

 

Not because she didn't want to marry Sayo. No, quite the opposite. It was just that she had bought a ring (that was moderately expensive) in order to propose to Sayo herself, and really didn't want to have to return it.

 

But alas, she did. And of course, since Lisa was the one working at the jewelry store that day, things didn't go very well.

 

"What?! You're returning your ring?" Lisa asked, a shocked expression lingering on her face for several seconds before it turned into anger. "Did she reject you? Ooh, that girl, I have half a mind to-"

 

"Lisa."

 

"- I mean, seriously, you've been dating for, like, three years now, there's no reason for her to-"

 

"Lisa, that isn't what happened." Yukina sighed. Lisa had a tendency to get really protective over her friends, and even though she was quite close with Sayo herself, Yukina was her childhood friend, and so had priority in her mind. Or that's what Yukina came up with, anyway.

 

"Then what did happen?" Lisa demanded, still looking mad.

 

"Sayo proposed first." Yukina sighed. "It was at a restaurant."

 

"Really? Oh, thank goodness, I was seriously considering giving her a mom lecture for a couple moments there," Lisa's expression settled back into a smile. "So, anyway, have you two gotten any planning done, or...?"

 

"She only proposed a few days ago, so no, music is still our priority." Yukina shook her head.

 

"Okay, well, just let me know if you need any help with that. You're getting married soon... I'm so happy," Lisa took the ring and grinned. "See you later!"

 

"Goodbye."

 

Chapter 69: Drabble 69 - Ayachisa

Summary:

Pasupare goes on a camping trip in summer, and Aya and Chisato are stuck sharing a tent.

Notes:

Heheheheheh 69 (cannot believe I've been doing this for so long tbh.. and quarantine STILL isn't over in the US smh guys WEAR MASKS)

Chapter Text

 

Chisato couldn't fall asleep if her life depended on it.

 

She truly felt bad for the other three, having to all be stuck in one tent sounded awful. But, at least there, they probably couldn't help touching each other.

 

But in here? Aya was clinging onto Chisato like a koala. Under literally any other circumstance, Chisato would've found this incredibly endearing, but right now she was so hot and uncomfortable that she couldn't help but wake Aya. Again, she didn't want to, but she was going fo go insane if she had to spend one more second overheating.

 

"Aya-chan, get up. I'm sweating," Chisato shook Aya as gently as she could while annoyed, and the idol slowly opened her eyes (but not after snuggling further into Chisato's chest, making it so much worse). Once she realized what was going on, Aya jumped backwards, her face turning bright red.

 

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry Chisato-chan!" Aya started rapidly apologizing, and rambling, and now that she wasn't dying of heat, Chisato could appreciate how cute it was.

 

"It's okay, just make sure not to suffocate me again," Chisato comforted her, putting a hand over Aya's.

 

"O... Okay, I won't," Aya nodded, and laid back down. "Can... We at least hold hands, though?" Chisato laughed.

 

"I don't see why not," She smiled, taking Aya's hand properly, and facing her. "Good night, Aya-chan."

 

"Night," Aya closed her eyes, a satisfied grin on her face.

 

It was certainly much easier to sleep with that little gesture of affection.

 

Chapter 70: Drabble 70 - Prinxiety

Summary:

Roman's dastardly plan goes even worse than he envisioned it.

Chapter Text

 

To be fair, Roman already knew the idea was stupid. But he was going to do it anyway, because that was just the kind of person he was.

 

He knew that Virgil was bound to be asleep at this time of day. Roman considered himself a late sleeper, but he was nothing compared to Virgil. That boy could sleep in until noon and still be tired.

 

So, what better way to wake up his best-friend-turned-crush at 11:30 am than with a good ol snowball to the window? Truly, he was a master of plans.

 

Besides, winter break was getting boring, and with only a couple days left, he needed to have all the fun he could. Hence, spending time with Virgil.

 

So, he gathered up all the snow he needed for a decently sized snowball, and looked for Virgil's window. It was easy to spot, considering how many times he snuck into Virgil's house when he got grounded for a month in middle school and needed to relax. Ah, the memories.

 

And then he threw the snowball. But, what he didn't expect was that the snowball went inside his window instead of splattering against it.

 

Oh shit.

 

Not a moment later, he could see Virgil (in a onesie, which Roman would've found extremely cute had he not been utterly mortified at what he'd done) in his window, yelling down at him, with snow melting in his hair.

 

"Ro, what the hell?" He asked, and Roman had just enough time to notice that he looked really good without makeup. But he quickly composed himself.

 

"I'm sorry! I thought your window was closed, or you had a screen or something! Why do you have your window open in the middle of winter, anyway?!"

 

"I don't know! What were you doing?"

 

"I was trying to wake you up! It worked better than I expected."

 

"Oh my god..." Virgil muttered, shaking his head. Roman stood there for a couple seconds. "Well, get in here!"

 

"What?" Roman was caught off guard. For those couple seconds, he had considered that maybe Virgil was actually mad at him.

 

"Just do it! These movies aren't gonna watch themselves!"

 

Maybe his plan wasn't a disaster. He would still have to help Virgil clean up the snow, though. Oh well.

 

Chapter 71: Drabble 71 - Logicality

Summary:

Logan and Patton are neighbors, and one day, Logan shows up to play with Patton's new kitten. Cue gay cat dad shenanigans.

Notes:

I wrote this in honor of me getting a new kitten sometime in the next few weeks (and yes I did name him Roman.. my mom thinks it's cute ok)
I've wanted a kitten since I was little and now I'm finally getting one and I'm so excited!!
Anyway onto the fluff
And they're not allergic to cats here cause I said so

Chapter Text

 

Even in Patton's wildest dreams, he never envisioned this happening.

 

His relatively new neighbor, Logan, who was very serious and professional (and also very attractive but that wasn't the point) was at his house. Playing with his kitten.

 

What.

 

He had gotten a kitten because he was lonely. He left all his friends behind to get a good job (as a vet, too, he absolutely adored it. 7 year old him would be going insane), and, sure, he still kept in touch with them, but it got lonely never being able to talk to anyone in person. Hence, why he also named the kitten Roman, to make it feel like he still had his friends nearby. Roman (the person) had definitely cried, even though he denied it, and promised to come visit to see the kitten soon.

 

And, on this day, a Saturday, Logan knocked on his front door and asked if he could play with the kitten. Patton spent a good few seconds panicking internally, and then invited him in and made him some tea, to be nice. Roman (the cat) had immediately attached himself to Logan, mewling at him for attention and trying to get him to play with him.

 

Logan had resolved to petting him for the time being, seeing as he still had to drink his tea (that man took earl gray tea with no sugar... Patton would've been disgusted if he wasn't so impressed), and that satisfied Roman for exactly two seconds before he marched up to Patton and demanded more attention. It was almost like the real Roman.

 

After he finished his tea, he joined Patton in playing with Roman. It was incredibly nice, and Patton swore he saw Logan smiling a couple times, too! It felt almost... Domestic. Like they were cat dads.

 

"Well, this has certainly been an invigorating experience," Logan's steady voice brought Patton back to reality. "But, I believe it is time for me to leave."

 

"Okay," Patton nodded, literally having to pry Roman off of Logan's shirt. "I'm sure Roman would love to see you again, isn't that right?" Roman simply meowed in response.

 

"He is quite adorable." Logan gently pet Roman's head one final time, and smiled at Patton. "I think I shall be seeing you both soon."

 

"I'd like that," Patton smiled back at him as he opened the door and left. He sighed happily as he scratched Roman's chin, feeling the vibrations of his purring on his fingers.

 

Maybe that whole "cat dads" thing wasn't too far from a reality after all.

 

Chapter 72: Drabble 72 - Masurokka

Summary:

A soulmate au because.. why not I mean

Notes:

Hehe it's rokka's birthday so I have an excuse to write more masurokka (even though this isn't a birthday fic.. shut up)

Chapter Text

 

Rokka always had mixed feelings about the words she had on her wrist.

 

"You're... kinda cute."

 

On the one hand, it was probably good that her soulmate's first words would be complimenting her. That meant they would get along, or at least have some kind of chemistry at first, right?

 

But there was always that little corner of her mind that thought it was creepy. What if they were actually trying to catcall her, or trying to flirt, or be doing something equally as uncomfortable and weird. She hoped that wasn't the case.

 

It was incredibly confusing the day she was just trying to do her job when she walked into one of the practice rooms and saw a girl laying on the floor (passed out? Hopefully not) next to a drum set. She was still holding the sticks, so maybe she had just overworked herself? Either way Rokka had to sweep the place, and sweep the place she did.

 

Eventually, her curiosity began to take her back to the girl next to the drums, and so she went and crouched next to her. She had short, blonde hair, which was currently surrounding her head on the floor in a slightly cute manner. Before Rokka knew it, she was opening her eyes and sitting up.

 

Her eyes were golden, and they looked really good paired with her hair. The girl looked over and noticed Rokka, and then leaned in exponentially closer than she needed to be, and started glaring at her, almost as if she was judging her. It was incredibly intimidating (it was also kinda hot but Rokka buried that thought quickly).

 

And what she said after that only made Rokka's inability to speak worse.

 

"You're... kinda cute."

 

Wait.

 

WHAT?!

 

Rokka wanted so desperately so yell after her as she walked away, to tell her that they were soulmates, but between the shock of a hot girl being that close to her and said hot girl actually being her soulmate, her voice had died in her throat.

 

Great. Now her soulmate was gone and she didn't even know she was Rokka's soulmate.

 

Rokka sighed, and continued working, despite her extreme urge to chase after the girl. At least she knew something about her. Or, hey, maybe she'd come around to practice again, and Rokka could tell her! That was a big maybe, but Rokka let herself be optimistic.

 

At least her soulmate hadn't turned out to be a creep. Rokka liked her a lot, actually. She was started to look forward to a potential future meeting of theirs.

 

She only hoped the universe would be kind to her in that regard.

 

Chapter 73: Drabble 73 - Kaorimi

Summary:

Rimi gets lost in the crowd, and Kaoru has to find her.

Chapter Text

 

Rimi didn't like crowds, but she liked the fireworks festival more, so she went every year.

 

And, in the more recent years, she started to go with her close friends, which started with the Popipa girls, and eventually branched out to other girls too (but, she always preferred to stay with her band, especially in crowded events like these). This year, however, all the girls who participated in the girls band party came together, although they also tended to disperse into smaller groups.

 

And now, she was lost. It wasn't like she had a bad sense of direction, but with so many people there, it was hard to find her way around. She was trying her hardest not to panic (the food she tried while looking around was helping, actually), but her hope was starting to wear thin.

 

Eventually, she decided to stop walking around and stand still for a little bit, as she was getting tired, and a small part of her hoped that someone would come find her. And, to her utter surprise (and relief), somebody did.

 

"Ah, Rimi-chan, there you are," And that was the moment that Rimi panicked even harder. Kaoru stepped into her field of view, standing out because she was really tall. For some reason, instead of trying to formulate a response, her brain decided to focus on how elegant Kaoru looked in her yukata. It was purple and red, which was a beautiful compliment to her hair and eyes, and had really cool designs woven into the fabric. Oh, right. Responding.

 

"Kaoru-san! Were you looking for me?" Rimi instinctively stepped closer to Kaoru, probably since she knew her and it was good to see a familiar face.

 

"We couldn't find you, so we've all been looking for you," Kaoru responded, suddenly grabbing Rimi's hand (which did not make her let out a squeak). "Come now, the fireworks are starting soon and we want everyone there to watch them together." And then she started dragging Rimi through the crowd, not forcefully, but gently. She wasn't running, but not walking either. Her pace was about at a jog.

 

Rimi focused on the feeling of Kaoru's hand. It was slightly rough, but also really warm and comforting. Overall, it was really nice. She hoped that Kaoru didn't notice that she intertwined their fingers a little more.

 

And, if they kept holding hands after they got out of the crowd and throughout the entire fireworks display, well. Rimi didn't mind.

 

Chapter 74: Drabble 74 - Norrayemma

Summary:

Yet ANOTHER soulmate au because I'm soft and predictable leave me alone (an au where whatever you write appears on your soulmate's skin)

Chapter Text

 

Emma yawned. Usually she was chipper and full of energy all the time, but for some reason she just wasn't feeling it today. And, both of her soulmates were either asleep or busy, so she couldn't even talk to them (although, she always kept a pen on her just in case). That had lead her to doodling on her left hand to make up for it, but it just wasn't the same.

 

She sighed, and decided to get some coffee. She had only had coffee once, since she was always awake enough to never need it, and the one time she did have it she didn't sleep the entire night. Never again. But, being awake sounded really good right now, and so she found herself wandering into the nearest coffee shop in search of caffeine.

 

The smell was powerful, and surprisingly warm. It smelled sweet and homey rather than bitter like she remembered, and it wasn't bad. When she got in line, she started looking through the menu. And she realized she had no idea what she wanted. As she panicked, not knowing what any of the descriptors meant, the line moved faster than she wanted it too. Slow down! She thought, but it didn't.

 

And so here she was, stuck at the front of the line with her tired brain trying to decipher the menu and also noticing that the cashier had a really cute smile, and it caused her to panic even harder and blurt out the first thing she saw.

 

"Um, one pumpkin spice latte, please?" Ooh. She was probably going to regret that. She hated pumpkin. Luckily for her, the cashier only chuckled and continued on with the interaction as if she totally wasn't staring at his pretty smile and wonderful blue eyes and just his everything and consequently forgetting how to talk beyond nods and head shakes. He smiled at her and handed her her drink, and she noted the writing on his hand  since it was closer and she could see it now.

 

A tiny dog on the base of his thumb, scribbly stars just above each of his knuckles, and a big heart in the middle of his hand? These were her drawings! Did that mean...?

 

She looked at him again. He was pale, with short, white hair and looked around her age, and the blue eyes she had noticed before were all signs, and said signs all pointed towards this being one of her soulmates.

 

"Norman?" She asked, suddenly less tired even though she hadn't taken a sip of her coffee.

 

"Emma?" He asked in response, looking equally as surprised as she felt. "Emma." He smiled after the shock wore off, and that made her heart skip at least a beat.

 

"Norman!" She almost dove over the counter to hug him, but realized that would've been a bad idea. Norman readjusted his grip on the cup so that his fingers were over Emma's and goodness, he was so sweet and amazing.

 

"Sorry I didn't answer you earlier, I was busy working," He gestured behind him with his free hand, and Emma couldn't help but giggle, because she was meeting one of her soulmates!!

 

"It's fine," Emma reassured him, and set her drink down to grab her pen and start writing. "I'm telling Ray."

 

Ray, Ray! I met Norman! She scribbled, and a response started forming about a second later.

 

Cool, I don't really care. I'm trying to sleep. Norman grabbed the pen from Emma and started writing on his own arm.

 

At 12 PM?

 

Yes, at 12 PM, dumbass. Now go be sappy with each other away from my sleep. This caused them both to laugh (and definitely get a few weird looks from the other employees).

 

"Well, I have to go," Emma turned to Norman as she rolled up her sleeve. "But I'll be back tomorrow."

 

"I'll be looking forward to it," Norman smiled that dazzling smile. "Oh, and Emma?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Don't you hate pumpkin?"

 

Chapter 75: Drabble 75 - Tamarui

Summary:

Tanao has to do Rui's makeup for a show. It gets very gay very quickly.

Notes:

It has nothing to do with the story but I felt like it would be a missed opportunity to not point out that I'm 3/4ths of the way done with this book.. h

Chapter Text

 

Rui exhaled. And inhaled. And exhaled again.

 

Her nerves before going on stage had certainly gotten better, but they still weren't great. Breathing exercises always helped her calm down, though.

 

"Ah, Rui," She heard the monotone voice of Yuyuko say from behind her, and she turned around. "I see you have your costume on."

 

"Yeah, it's actually really comfortable," A relaxed smile made its way onto her face as she poofed the skirt a little.

 

"That's good, because you still need to do your makeup."

 

"I know," Rui sighed, sitting down in front of a mirror. She looked around at all the makeup, and had no idea what to do with it. Actually, she didn't even remember what the makeup was supposed to look like. "Um..." She turned back around, grimacing. Yuyuko sighed, and gestured for somebody.

 

"Looks like we'll have to get Tamao-senpai to do your makeup."

 

"What?!" All of the relaxation that Rui had moments ago immediately melted away, in favor of an intense gay panic.

 

"Tamao-senpai~" Yuyuko called, or maybe it was supposed to be a yell, she never got that loud. "Come over here and help Rui do her makeup~"

 

"Yukko!" Rui was about to scold her, but her biting words died in her throat as she looked at Tamao. She was absolutely stunning, her makeup making her look radiant.

 

"It's okay, Rui-chan, I know what I'm doing," Tamao assured her, grabbing a brush and dipping it in some face paint. That isn't what I was worried about... Rui thought, although most of her thoughts had become incoherent jumbles at this point. Even though she had felt this way about Tamao ever since middle school, the butterflies never went away. The nerves never went away. If anything, they got more intense as they became closer. It was torture.

 

Tamao's movements were delicate and precise, and her brushstrokes got the makeup just how it needed to be. It didn't take long (both to Rui's relief and her disappointment) for the makeup to be completed. It was almost as if a professional had done it, and Rui found herself admiring Tamao's skills once again.

 

"There! It looks amazing," Tamao smiled. As Rui looked in the mirror with her upperclassman's face above hers, she was stricken by the feeling of them looking like a set. They looked like they really belonged together. It was weird, but not in a bad way. In an unexpected one. "Now come on, it's almost showtime." Tamao lead her to the stage.

 

Rui inhaled. And exhaled. Inhale. Exhale.

 

Even if she would love to spend the next few hours dwelling on how right matching with Tamao had felt, she couldn't.

 

She had a show to put on.

 

Chapter 76: Drabble 76 - Prinxiety

Summary:

Take some useless fluff

Notes:

Uh so I started subconsciously writing this in present tense and then after I finished I realized that it was in present tense but I didn't feel like changing it so here

Chapter Text

 

Roman would love to move right about now, but he can't.

 

It's kind of like when people say that they can't move because there's a cat on them (Roman wouldn't understand the feeling, he's allergic).

 

It's a lot like that, actually, because Virgil fell asleep in his lap, and he is going to try his hardest to let him sleep for as long as possible.

 

Virgil's finals are coming up, and he's stressed out of his mind. No matter how many times Roman asks him to just sleep, he never does. The bags under his eyes are worse than usual, and he's starting to seriously worry Roman.

 

So, Roman doesn't want to wake Virgil up. Not only because he desperately needs it, but also because it's adorable that he fell asleep with his head in Roman's lap and Roman really wants to cherish it.

 

But he's really uncomfortable. Roman can never sit still for longer than fifteen minutes without switching to a new position, and Virgil's been sleeping for about 30 minutes.

 

Luckily (or not so luckily, depending on how you look at it) for Roman, Virgil sits up after another five minutes and stretches.

 

"Ro, what happened?" He asks, his voice quiet and groggy with sleep.

 

"You fell asleep on me," Roman informs him, taking this opportunity to adjust himself into a new position and sigh.

 

"Oh. Sorry."

 

"No, no, it's quite okay. Truth be told, I think you should sleep some more," Roman gestures to himself. "So get over here, Virge."

 

"But I-" Virgil starts to protest, and then sighs in defeat. "Y'know what, fine." He puts his head on Roman's chest, taking a few seconds to get comfortable, and puts an arm around Roman's neck.

 

"Sweets dreams," Roman teases, and Virgil flicks him.

 

"Shut up."

 

Chapter 77: Drabble 77 - Masurokka

Summary:

Maybe going on a rollarcoaster was a mistake.

Notes:

Head empty no thoughts only masurokka

Chapter Text

 

Rokka was really regretting her life decisions at the moment.

 

She was completely and utterly terrified of rollarcoasters, no matter if they were slow and steady or fast-paced and intense, she hated all of them.

 

But they were at an amusement park, and Masuki had really wanted to go on the ride, and Rokka really couldn't say no to her, and here she was.

 

Already secured in.

 

Stuck.

 

Unable to turn back.

 

About to ride a rollarcoaster.

 

Her imminent stress and panic must've shown on her face, since Masuki squeezed her hand and asked, "Rokka, you okay?"

 

"Huh? Oh, yeah..." She muttered, not really thinking about it. Masuki didn't seem like she believed her, but didn't press it any further, instead interlacing their fingers a bit more. It was comforting, at least, and calmed some of Rokka's nerves (not very many of them, but some).

 

And then the ride actually started moving. But that was okay, for now. It wasn't going too fast, so she could deal with it.

 

Until she couldn't deal with it anymore.

 

At the first drop, her body immediately went into fight or flight mode, and she could barely stop herself from screaming. Everything was going by in a blur, and she hated every second of it.

 

By the second drop, Rokka had officially clocked out, just shutting her eyes and clinging to Masuki the best she could through all the safety restraints and whatnot.

 

Just before they got to the camera (aka the third drop aka hell), Masuki cupped Rokka's face with one hand, and Rokka opened her eyes to a determined look on the drummer's face.

 

And then she just. Kissed her.

 

It was nice, obviously, really nice, and it genuinely took her mind off the fact that she was hurtling down to the ground in a hunk of metal (a controlled hunk of metal, but a hunk of metal nonetheless). Not fully, but it helped, at least.

 

As they stepped off the ride, Rokka practically ran to the stairs. "Never again," She said as she got to the bottom, Masuki not far behind her.

 

"Kay, well, while you calm down over here, I'm gonna go see what our picture looks like," Masuki said, walking over to the counter and talking to the person working there.

 

Rokka looked to the screen where they were displaying the pictures. Some were funny, some were just kinda basic pictures, and there were even a couple pictures of some adorable looking kids.

 

And then there was her picture with Masuki. The camera had captured them kissing. Rokka's eyes were open, she looked clearly shocked, and you couldn't really see much of Masuki from the angle, but it was still embarrassing.

 

Rokka blushed, and covered her face. How many people were going to see them kissing just from the rotating display? She didn't want to think about it.

 

"So uh," Masuki started as she walked back over to Rokka. "I bought them."

 

And Masuki had bought the picture. Of them kissing.

 

It only solidified Rokka's intense fear and hatred for rollarcoasters.

 

Chapter 78: Drabble 78 - Mayaeve

Summary:

Maya doesn't feel very well.

Chapter Text

 

Maya was spacing out during their break, and she didn't know why. She had been feeling groggy that entire day, so maybe that was why.

 

She tried to pull herself together, and failed miserably. She just didn't feel up to it. Her stomach ached a little, she felt a little dizzy, and she was also trying not to shiver.

 

Was she sick? That could be the explanation.

 

"Maya-san?" Eve walked over to her, and took her hand. "Are you okay?"

 

"Uh..." Maya hesitated for longer than necessary, as the feeling of Eve holding her hand wasn't helping her concentrate at all. "Not really, I might be sick."

 

"Oh dear..." Eve muttered. "Here, let me check if you have a fever."

 

And then she did something that would cause Maya to panic.

 

She pressed their foreheads together.

 

To check Maya's temperature.

 

It was probably ineffective, very weird, and yet incredibly adorable, and Maya felt a punch of fondness in her chest at the action. Her face got even hotter and her heart was racing.

 

"You're burning up," Eve told her, still frowning.

 

"O-oh..." She said eloquently, unable to say anything else. "... I feel faint."

 

And that was all she could say before she passed out. Her brain vaguely registered Eve catching her.

 

Oh boy. She would be in for something when she woke up.

 

Chapter 79: Drabble 79 - Anxceit

Summary:

Huddling for warmth is good trope

Chapter Text

 

Janus sighed. "Virgil, for the last time, get over here."

 

"No." Virgil crossed his arms, shivering.

 

"Your stubbornness is going to get you killed one day."

 

"I know," Virgil hugged himself tighter. No way in hell was he about to go over there and be anywhere near his... Friend? Enemy? Rival? Their relationship was complicated. "But I'm still not cuddling with you."

 

"Virgil, we are in an apartment building with very thin walls in winter, and our heater just broke," Janus said impatiently. "You don't really have a choice."

 

"Yes, I do," Virgil was starting to curl in on himself slightly. He had hated Janus when he first moved in, and eventually his feelings were less hatred and more 'you are aggravating in every single way but I can tolerate it.'

 

"Well, I don't want to see you die, and, frankly, I'd like to live myself, so I'm getting over there." Janus crawled over to Virgil on the couch, and Virgil realized that he wasn't going to give up, so he just accepted his fate and resigned to cuddling.

 

And, yeah, okay, the warmth from Janus' arms was really nice. And he did vaguely think that he would like to cuddle Janus more often. His arms were around Virgil's middle, holding him surprisingly gently, and he let him stay curled up in a ball, which was... Kind. Despite everything, Janus was nice, even if he was sarcastic and annoying most of the time.

 

Oh yeah, did Virgil forget to mention the fact that he was maybe crushing on his roommate, like, a lot?

 

Chapter 80: Drabble 80 - Ayachisa

Summary:

Aya and Chisato put up Christmas decorations.

Chapter Text

 

"Aya-chan, come down, you're going to hurt yourself," A small frown made its way onto Chisato's face. She loved Aya, she really did, but sometimes that girl wasn't cautious enough.

 

"I'll be fine!" Aya called back, continuing to struggle with putting up the lights. Chisato would go up there and do it for her if not for the fact that she was shorter than Aya.

 

"Okay, just be careful." Chisato sighed, and carried on with blowing up the inflatable Santa they had bought. She never really understood the need for Christmas decorations, but Aya had insisted they get some because this was their first Christmas since they moved in with each other.

 

Overall, it was looking pretty good so far. The decorations added a nice burst of color among the white of the snow, and it got her feeling a little festive.

 

Until Aya started yelling. Chisato whipped her head around to see Aya, almost falling off the ladder. She ran towards her, standing underneath the ladder with a concern expression.

 

Aya wobbled.

 

And fell.

 

On top of Chisato.

 

It wasn't that much more painful that normally falling off the ladder would be, but Chisato momentarily felt like the wind was knocked out of her.

 

"Oof..." Aya groaned, not making an attempt to get up. "Sorry, Chisato-chan..."

 

"What did I tell you?" Chisato asked, her tone almost scolding, but it was more fond than anything else.

 

"Yeah, it hurts," Aya sat up, falling backward onto the snow and wincing.

 

"Didn't I tell you to be more careful?"

 

"Yes, you did." Aya replied sheepishly, although she sighed once Chisato kissed her forehead. "That feels a little better. Ooh, maybe you could kiss me everywhere it hurts? Then I'll feel better!" The small blush on her cheeks and the wide grin on her face only served to make her cuter.

 

"Okay, just for you," Chisato said, getting started on kissing Aya wherever it hurt.

 

Chapter 81: Drabble 81 - Remile

Summary:

It's snowing, and Remy and Emile are both excited, albeit for very different reasons.

Notes:

I miss winter :(
Iowa summers suck (I mean it gets up to like 100 degrees at most which is probably nothing for people living further south but here I'm dying, it's also really humid and I hate it)

Chapter Text

 

"Rem, look!" Emile ran over to the couch from the window, grabbed Remy's arm, and dragged him back to said window. "It's snowing!"

 

"Wow," Was all Remy said back, as he was too busy admiring the snow. Autumn was his favorite season, of course, since the weather was the nicest, and he absolutely adored pumpkin flavored things, but he always loved the look of snow. Practically, it was cold and annoying and got your clothes wet, but it was really pretty to look at. Especially when it was falling, and was fresh on the ground.

 

"It's so pretty." Emile breathed, his eyes shining with excitement and admiration. God, was Emile trying to kill him, being that adorable? The crappy streetlight on the edge of the block illuminated the snow in such a way that it looked almost golden, reflecting the light. "I'm gonna go play in it!"

 

"What?" Remy raised an eyebrow. "It's literally freezing out there."

 

"I have a coat, I'll be fine," Emile assured him, putting it on and gesturing to it for emphasis. Remy sighed.

 

"Okay, just be careful." Remy leaned on the windowsill once again, and fondly watched Emile do various things in the snow. He tried to make a snowman, albeit not a big one, made a snowball and tossed it in the air, watching it splatter admittedly satisfyingly.

 

He wondered how he had gotten so lucky. Emile was a ray of sunshine, bringing joy to everyone around him. That was probably why he was a therapist, actually. He was good at talking to people, weird in an endearing way, and unashamed of himself, striking a happy medium of confidence. Remy loved him so much. It wasn't the first time he'd realized that, but it still felt like a big admission.

 

When that man got back, Remy was going to cuddle him like no tomorrow.

 

Chapter 82: Drabble 82 - Logince

Summary:

Roman can't stop staring at Logan, no matter how hard he tries

Notes:

I was feeling particularly uninspired today so have a dumb little thing i wrote (I mean that's this entire book but.. this one is especially short and dumb)

Chapter Text

 

Roman sighed, making sure to be quiet. If anyone heard him sighing, they would surely realize what was going on, since the sound would be so utterly full of affection that only an idiot wouldn't be able to realize that he was crushing hard.

 

To be fair, if anyone was actually paying attention, they would notice that Roman had been staring at Logan for a while. He was reading, and he looked breathtaking while doing it. His unwavering focus, the way he occasionally pushed his glasses up, the small emotions he displayed while reading that he would no doubt not let himself show otherwise... It only made his maddening crush on the man worse.

 

Roman wasn't sure where it started, but he remembered the day he realized his feelings very vividly. Essentially, Logan had touched him for more than a second and his heart had started going ballistic. Roman might've been a bit oblivious, but he wasn't that bad.

 

And here he was. Staring. At Logan. Admiring him. Like always. It had become a routine, really.

 

Be near Logan. Try to not stare at him. Fail. Make up an excuse when caught. It was simple.

 

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear the very quiet footsteps behind him, or feel the presence of his infuriating brother until Remus whispered something in Roman's ear:

 

"Why are you so thirsty?"

 

Chapter 83: Drabble 83 - Norray

Summary:

Norman pretends to be cold so that Ray will hug him. It works every time.

Notes:

Featuring me still being uselessly soft while writing the tpn characters because I can

Chapter Text

 

Truthfully, Norman wasn't even cold.

 

Sure, he preferred to be a bit warmer most of the time, but he didn't really mind this temperature. The most reaction it got out of him was a tiny shiver every once in a while.

 

But Ray was cold. Norman knew that Ray was cold, he was just too stubborn to admit it. He was shivering, and shot a pointed glance at Norman every once in a while, and that was what Norman was really displeased with. Ray was stubborn, and a bit self-destructive, and it was nearly impossible for him to actually take care of himself.

 

So, Norman did what he always did when Ray was cold. He pretended to be cold himself so that Ray would have no choice but to cuddle with (or at least be closer to) him. And if he was truly doing that for a more selfish reason than just wanting Ray to be warm, well. Nobody else would know.

 

And soon enough, Norman felt Ray's gaze land on him once again. And it stayed this time. Ray got up, and silently hugged him from behind.

 

Ray was smart and observant, so Norman would be genuinely surprised if he hadn't figured out why he was really doing this. Still, he hadn't said anything about it, and never seemed more uncomfortable with affection than he usually was, so Norman didn't mention it either. He simply turned around and hugged Ray back.

 

It never got any less amazing. Ray was surprisingly warm, or maybe it was just because it was him Norman was hugging,  but he felt safer while hugging him. They fit together very well, Norman thought, so it was perfectly normal to enjoy the hug.

 

He knew the real reason. He was happy, loving Ray. Even if it hurt sometimes.

 

He was still happy.

 

Chapter 84: Drabble 84 - Logicality

Summary:

Logan and Patton may be in different timezones, but that doesn't mean that they aren't going to be spending New Year's together.

Notes:

Unrelated to the drabble, but I got my kitten Roman over a week ago and I'd literally die for him. I love him so so much and he's an angel (when he isn't being a little shit aka trying to eat my hands and attacking my legs)
I think he knows his name by now so I wonder if I watched sanders sides with him in the room he'd respond.. hmm...
(Also pretend 2020 doesn't suck while reading this)

Chapter Text

 

Logan much preferred to talk in person, but, when you have a boyfriend across the country, you have to resort to facetime and texting. It wasn't ideal, but seeing Patton get excited whenever they called was always worth it.

 

They were 2 hours apart from each other, and so their conversation on New Year's was a bit dismal, if not for Patton's incessant ramblings about his resolutions.

 

"Like I said, I'm gonna hold myself to the resolutions this year! I haven't been sleeping well enough, and you're constantly lecturing me about it, so..." Patton trailed off.

 

"I prefer to think of it as encouraging you to do the best thing for your health," Logan responded. He wasn't fully in the conversation, and he wasn't sure if Patton was either, but there wasn't much to talk about.

 

"Ooh, 1 minute until 2020! Are you excited, Lolo?"

 

"I still have 2 hours, remember?" Logan smiled, admiring the way Patton lit up immediately. His expressions and body language were so fascinating, you could tell a lot about him just by looking. He was so open about himself.

 

"Oh, right," Patton seemed to deflate a bit. "Well, either way, I'm excited! I'll even yell Happy New Year when it turns over there, okay?"

 

"That sounds lovely," Logan adjusted himself.

 

"Here comes the countdown!" Patton said excitedly, pointing at his TV (that Logan couldn't see). "Can you count with me?" Well, nobody could resist Patton's begging face, so he supposed it was okay.

 

"Okay," Patton turned his phone to face the TV so that Logan could see. "10."

 

"9!"

 

"8."

 

"7!"

 

"6."

 

"5!"

 

"4."

 

"3!"

 

"2."

 

"1!" Patton shouted, turning his camera around again and putting his arms up. "Happy New Year! I'm in the future now, Lo!"

 

"Ahaha, sure, dear," Logan's face relaxed into an easy smile. Patton was very cute.

 

And if Logan made an offhanded comment about wanting to kiss Patton when his own clock ticked over to January 1st, it was only due to his cuteness.

 

Chapter 85: Drabble 85 - Tamarui

Summary:

Uh I dont really have a summary.... rui is disaster gay tamao is pining yuyuko is yuyuko fumi is tired and ichie is a meme

Chapter Text

 

Tamao hummed. It was a nice morning, with the sounds of chirping birds and the sunlight, not to mention the delicious breakfast they had all made.

 

Well. Everyone besides Rui, anyway (and Yuyuko, but she was always sleeping in so there wasn't much they could do about that).

 

Rui wasn't the type to sleep in more than the average person, and Tamao was a bit worried. Was it because Tamao just really liked seeing Rui and spending time with her? It was that too, but she was mainly worried that her underclassman had stayed up late. That didn't seem too plausible, but it was the only thing Tamao could think of.

 

She didn't have to worry too much longer, though, because soon Rui was walking into the kitchen and yawning, looking very adorable in her pajamas (Tamao's heart may or may not have clenched a little at the sight). "Good morning," She said, rubbing her eye.

 

"Mornin'!" Ichie replied.

 

"Good morning, Rui-chan," Tamao smiled, delighted at the way Rui unconsciously smiled back. "Why were you late today?"

 

"Ah, don't worry, I just forgot my alarm."

 

"It's a Saturday, why would you need an alarm?"

 

"Consistency in your sleep schedule is important," Fumi sent Ichie a look.

 

"Well, come on," Tamao gestured to the seat next to her, and Rui sat down, beginning to eat the food. She looked almost ethereal, with the sunlight shining through her brown hair and making it look almost golden. Tamao noticed she had gotten a little bit of syrup near her mouth. She was talking before she could stop herself. "Rui-chan?"

 

"Hmm?" Rui looked at her.

 

"You have something on your face," She said, cupping the side of Rui's cheek to get it off. But Rui's blush at the contact made her hesitate. Her face was almost as red as her eyes, and it looked really cute.

 

She realized all at once that this could be her chance. And, well, traditional confessions be damned, she was going to take it. She gently pressed her lips against Rui's, loving the way they fit together so neatly.

 

"It was me," Tamao muttered after she pulled away. Rui had gone even redder, and seemingly lost her ability to speak.

 

"Really? Right in front of my salad?" Ichie asked in an annoyed tone, but it was betrayed by a smile.

 

"You're eating pancakes, Ichie."

 

"T-Tamao-senpai?" Rui managed to stutter out after a second, and it took all of Tamao's willpower not to kiss her again, wiping off the syrup instead.

 

"I think you broke her," Yuyuko commented from the doorway, and both Tamao and Rui spun around.

 

"Yuyuko-chan, how long have you been standing there?"

 

"Long enough," Yuyuko shrugged.

 

"Tamao-senpai, I..." Rui couldn't say anything else, and after a moment just hugged Tamao. The message was clear.

 

Tamao was so happy

 

Chapter 86: Drabble 86 - Masurokka

Summary:

I am tired
And so is masuki

Chapter Text

 

Masuki was tired. Incredibly tired.

 

She had walked an extremely long way, in the cold, running on about five hours of sleep, and was not prepared to deal with said situation.

 

She really, really wanted to curl up underneath the blankets with her girlfriend and take a nap. It sounded so good. Warmth. Sleep.

 

As she unlocked and opened the door, Rokka greeted her with a hug, and it took all of Masuki's willpower not to lean into her touch completely and just collapse.

 

"How was it?" Rokka asked. Masuki grumbled something in response, honestly, even she didn't know what she was trying to say. "... Huh?"

 

"'M tired," Masuki said instead, taking her coat off as she pushed past Rokka and threw it somewhere. "And cold." She added after a moment.

 

"Oh, should I-?"

 

"Take a nap with me? Absolutely." Masuki grabbed her hand, with a bit more force than necessary, and dragged her to their room. The good thing about having a roommate that was also your girlfriend was that you could share a room, and have an extra room! It was great.

 

"Okay," Rokka said, smiling to herself as Masuki got under the covers and sighed blissfully. "You're cute." She got underneath the cover with Masuki, who immediately latched onto her and snuggled into her neck.

 

"I'm the one that's supposed to be calling you cute," She replied defensively, but the sleep weighing down her voice didn't help her case much.

 

"Ahaha, okay, have a nice nap." Rokka giggled, gently rubbing Masuki's scalp with her left hand and holding her closer with her right.

 

Now Masuki was tired, but in the comfortable, warm way. The way where everything could just melt away, the way where she was so safe and relaxed.

 

She drifted off, enjoying the sensation of cuddling with Rokka.

 

Chapter 87: Drabble 87 - Mayaeve

Summary:

Softness

Notes:

What's this? Another short one? Oop

Chapter Text

 

Maya was nervous for a multitude of reasons.

 

She wasn't good at formal events, she had no idea what you were supposed to even do, let alone anything about manners or, or something else! She had never been before, and didn't trust herself to act appropriately. This was a big deal.

 

Of course, there was also the fact that she didn't look proper enough, but there wasn't much she could do about that. She could try to fix her posture, or speak with a bit more grace and elegance or whatever, but even those little things couldn't help with the fact that she just wasn't suited for things liked these.

 

Maybe agreeing to go was a mistake...

 

Still, she walked out in her dress, feeling a bit silly since it was so much different from her usual style, and started to feel a little less regret now that Eve was smiling at her.

 

"Wow, Maya-san," She chuckled, holding out a hand. "You look gorgeous."

 

"Really?" Maya was a bit surprised, but took her hand anyway. "Th-thank you, huehuehe..."

 

"Come on," Eve ushered her into the car. "I'll help you with everything you need."

 

Well.

 

Nothing could go too wrong with Eve by her side, she supposed.

 

Chapter 88: Drabble 88 - Kaorimi

Summary:

Rimi watches Kaoru sleep but like.. not in a creepy way

Notes:

Sorry for not updating yesterday I was just in a really weird headspace and couldn't find any motivation to write, I still want this to be exactly 100 days so I'll just post 2 tomorrow (not today, whoo boy I spent the entire day with my family and I am BURNT OUT)

Chapter Text

 

Rimi was never a fan of camping. It was hot, and bugs were everywhere, and overall it was just not a good time. She didn't like fire, either.

 

Still, maybe it was worth it, to see Kaoru like this.

 

The moon illuminating her face in just the right way so that she looked angelic, her relaxed expression, the way her hair looked while it was down. She was always beautiful, but Rimi found it especially hard to tear her eyes away this time. Maybe it was because Kaoru was asleep, and so she was allowed to stare freely (although, she was pretty sure her girlfriend wouldn't mind if she stared most of the time), or maybe it was her tired brain, maybe it was something else.

 

At least, until Kaoru opened her eyes.

 

"Kaoru-san?" Rimi tilted her head. "Why are you awake?" She asked in a hushed voice.

 

"I just couldn't sleep," Kaoru replied, smiling at Rimi quite warmly (with the moonlight, the sight looked extra gorgeous). "You're stunning." Even though she had gotten more used to compliments from Kaoru as time went on, they still made her feel overwhelmingly happy.

 

"Thanks. You too." Rimi almost smacked her forehead. What kind of thing to say was that?! How had she managed to get a girlfriend with those flirting skills?!

 

"Fufu," Kaoru laughed, a small sound, but a beautiful one nonetheless. "The moonlight makes your hair look nice." She was speaking normally, for once, and Rimi knew she was tired and/or comfortable, since she only talked like that when she was one or both of those things. Probably both, in this case. It made her smile. She liked the thought of Kaoru being happy.

 

"Good night," She whispered, gently kissing the other girl's forehead, and not surprised at all when she adjusted them so their lips were together.

 

Each kiss with Kaoru felt special. Rimi remembered every single time they had kissed. And sure, it could've been because there hadn't been many of them, but it didn't feel like that was the case. It was because she loved her. So much.

 

"Good night, Rimi-chan," Kaoru said after she pulled away, although she still held her face in that oh-so gentle way.

 

And so, she fell asleep in Kaoru's arms, and it was pretty comfortable.

 

Chapter 89: Drabble 89 - Prinxiety

Summary:

There is no summary. It's cute and soft and fluffy what can I say

Notes:

Me, yesterday: ok I'm gonna write 2 drabbles tomorrow to make up for not posting a day
Me, today: haHAAAAAA what was I thinking
-
So yeah I'll write 2 drabbles one of these days just not today

Chapter Text

 

As Virgil woke up, he tried to stretch, but found that he couldn't. This, obviously, confused him, so he opened his eyes sooner than he normally would upon waking up.

 

He was... Sleeping in Roman's arms. Which brought up more questions than it answered.

 

He had to use an extraordinary amount of brain power to remember what had happened the night before, due to the tiredness. Oh, right, he had passed out on Roman's bed while they were watching a movie.

 

Didn't explain why they were cuddling, though.

 

Just as he was trying to think up some sort of explanation for their current circumstances, Roman looked up at him. How long had he been awake?

 

"Good morning," Roman said, as if Virgil wasn't simultaneously gay panicking and this was a completely normal situation, nothing wrong here.

 

"Sorry." Virgil immediately struggled his way out of Roman's arms, brain still foggy and also very confused.

 

"For what?" Roman frowned at him, and maybe he hadn't been awake that long before Virgil after all.

 

"For passing out on you."

 

"Oh, right," It was like he was trying to decide his next words. "It's fine. I didn't really mind." And there were a lot of things Virgil could've inferred from that statement, but he chose to not think about it too deeply, and wake up more instead.

 

"Sure, whatever, Princey," He waved his hand, and started to walk away.

 

He swore he caught a glimpse of a disappointed look on Roman's face, though.

 

Chapter 90: Drabble 90 - Ayachisa

Summary:

Summaries? What are those? Idk them

Notes:

I have decided that today will be double posting day because.. I took a nap and feel
~○☆• I N S P I R E D •☆○~
To be fair this one is really short but eh

Chapter Text

 

As soon as Aya woke up, she knew that she was going to hate that day.

 

It was Chore Day. The Day of Chores? She still had to come up with a more creative name for it.

 

It was the day where she and her wife cleaned up around the house, and, as its name suggests, did chores. And she hated it.

 

She knew that they had to do it, but it was just so troublesome every single time, and always left her tired and sleeping before 10 PM.

 

She put it off right when she woke up, making herself breakfast surprisingly well, eating it a bit slower than usual, and getting dressed, spending extra tim on her outfit.

 

Once she did all those things, however, she couldn't put it off any longer. That didn't mean she wouldn't try.

 

"Ehehe, Chisato-chan~" Aya skipped over to her wife, who was currently holding a laundry basket meant for her.

 

"Ah, Aya-chan," Chisato perked up, holding out the basket. "Could you help me with this?"

 

"I love you," Aya kissed her cheek, causing Chisato to sigh. She then pushed the laundry basket into Aya's arms, and said in a stern, yet slightly fond voice,

 

"Stop saying 'I love you' to get out of chores."

 

Chapter 91: Drabble 91 - Norrayemma

Summary:

No summary because who do you think I am, someone who can come up with summaries??

Notes:

Oh boy it's a continuation of my norrayemma soulmate au I wrote however many days ago.
I mean.. if you're reading this I assume you've read the other one but in case you haven't you don't really need to?? I would reccomend it but you don't have to

Chapter Text

 

Ever since they had met, Norman and Emma liked to spend time with each other as much as possible. They got along very well, and much of their discussions involved trying to figure out how to meet Ray. They knew that Ray wasn't rushing to meet them, but they wanted to meet him very badly, and so they put their heads together to make a plan, of sorts.

 

The plans never worked, but they were really trying.

 

The most foolproof plan they had had so far was to make a distinct marking on their faces, so that if Ray was around, they would definitely see him. Today, they made a little heart next to their right eyes (drawn by Norman, because Emma was apparently very bad at making hearts), and connected it to a star on their right cheeks with a line.

 

So they walked around town, chatting, visiting various places and getting snacks, the usual, when they felt the tingling sensation that meant Ray was writing to them.

 

"Ooh, he's awake! It's early for him," Emma rolled down her sleeve, and Norman did the same.

 

Were you idiots trying to embarrass me today? Seriously, people are staring at me weirdly.

 

Emma giggled, and took out her own pen to write back.

 

I bet they're staring at you cause you're pretty

 

That one got a laugh out of Norman, and Emma felt very proud of herself.

 

Shut up

 

"He totally laughed at that," Emma commented, her eyes drifting to a bench under a nearby tree, and she stopped.

 

"Emma?" Norman looked at her, slightly concerned, and she just pointed.

 

Because, sitting on said bench, was a boy, around their age, with a heart by his right eye, and a star on his right cheek, connected by a thin line, smiling at his wrist in an awfully cute manner.

 

"It's Ray," She whispered, an excited feeling starting to replace the shock and awe she had felt a second ago.

 

"Yeah, it is," Norman replied, sounding just as awestruck. "His hair certainly matches his personality." Emma laughed, noticing the fringe on that boy.

 

"C'mon, let's go surprise him!" Emma grabbed Norman's hand, starting to run towards him.

 

"Wait, Emma-" Norman started, and then sighed, knowing better than to try to stop Emma once she set her mind on something.

 

When they reached Ray, he looked up just in time to see Emma before she hugged him.

 

"Aah, what the hell?!" He yelled, trying to get out of Emma's death grip, and failing. He stopped moving when he looked up at Norman and saw the markings on his face. "Oh. Geez, Emma, don't scare me like that."

 

"Ehehe, sorry," Emma scratched the back of her head after she pulled away, expression apologetic, although from her voice, she didn't sound sorry at all.

 

"Ray..." Norman muttered, still in awe, even if it had worn off a little. He quickly shook himself out of it to give him what was meant to be a quick hug, but he ended up lingering there. "You're warm." Ray just sighed, rolling his eyes as Emma took this chance to energetically hug him again.

 

"You're lucky that it's you two doing this," He said, although Emma could feel him smiling from her place against his cheek.

 

"Yeah, okay, whatever, you love us," She grinned, enjoying the defiant blush Ray gave in return. "So, anyway, what should we do first? We're so excited to finally meet you, Ray, and..."

 

She kept talking, and eventually the three of them found themselves walking back on the path Norman and Emma were walking on a minute ago, all feeling a little happier (even if Ray wouldn't admit it).

 

Emma knew this was the start of something wonderful.

 

Chapter 92: Drabble 92 - Futakao

Summary:

Like I have previously stated I am a sucker for huddling for warmth

Notes:

Cue me realizing that I haven't written futakao in forever and feeling disgraced bc they're my revstar otp
But seriously this is really short and also not very good but eh.. it be like that sometimes

Chapter Text

 

"I'm cold," Kaoruko whined from across the room. Futaba ignored her. "Futaba-han." Futaba continued to ignore her. She knew what Kaoruko wanted, and she wasn't going to give it to her. Not that easily, at least.

 

"There are blankets everywhere, use them," She didn't even look up as she said that.

 

"But still," Kaoruko protested. "You should cuddle with me."

 

"I..." Usually, Futaba would have protested a bit more, but she was cold and tired too, and so she sighed in defeat. "Fine."

 

"Ehehe, thank you," The joy in Kaoruko's voice was clear, and yes, Futaba found it very adorable. It was even cuter when she put her arms around Futaba and nuzzled into her hair. Futaba would forever deny the way she leaned into that.

 

Unfortunately for her, Kaoruko was more perceptive than she let on.

 

"Ooh, Futaba-han, did you just-?"

 

"No," She said, a bit harshly, feeling her face warm up. Damn it.

 

"You totally did," Kaoruko giggled, snuggling even closer.

 

"Shut up," Futaba mumbled as Kaoruko got onto the couch with her, making it easier for them to cuddle.

 

She pretended to not notice how Kaoruko very gently kissed her temple from behind, and she pretended not to love it.

 

Chapter 93: Drabble 93 - Masurokka

Summary:

I have no explanation tbh

Chapter Text

 

When it came to Rokka, Masuki was very good at being perceptive. Not that she wasn't perceptive normally, but she was especially good at paying attention to Rokka.

 

Something about her just drew Masuki towards her, like gravity or something. When they were together, she was looking at Rokka more often than not, and she practically jumped at every opportunity to give her subtle (or not-so subtle) touches. Honestly, it was astonishing that Rokka hadn't noticed her glaringly obvious crush yet.

 

So, when Rokka was acting a bit off, Masuki was quick to call her out on it.

 

"Lock, you good?" She asked simply.

 

"Oh! Yeah, I, uh, I think so?" Rokka responded, almost as if she had been snapped out of something.

 

"Okay, you just seem really unfocused," Masuki was aware she sounded unconvinced, which was appropriate because she was.

 

"I-I do?" Rokka looked shocked. "Well, I..." And really, she was cute like this. Her slight blush from embarrassment, the way she subconsciously played with the edge of her ponytail, everything was so adorable.

 

"You...?" Masuki prompted, leaning in a bit closer than necessary. She was glad that Rokka trusted her enough to talk to her about things, even if it was something small.

 

"Can I kiss you?" Rokka blurted after a few seconds, then immediately put a hand over her mouth, like she hadn't meant to say it.

 

Oh.

 

So it wasn't something small after all.

 

The thought of kissing Rokka made Masuki's heart start pounding, almost to an embarrassing degree. It sounded really nice, and now that it was in her head she couldn't get it out.

 

"Oh my- I am so sorry, I didn't mean to say that, I'll just show myself out, haha. Well, bye-!" Rokka was bright red at this point.

 

"Wait," Masuki interrupted her, instinctively reaching for her hand. "You... You can kiss me." It felt so surreal saying that out loud, and she knew she was blushing.

 

"Really?" Rokka's voice was small and hopeful. Masuki nodded, trying to smile over her mess of current emotions.

 

So, Rokka took a few steps forward, and kissed her.

 

Chapter 94: Drabble 94 - Yukisayo

Summary:

Did you order pure fluff? Well sorry you're getting it anyway

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

In Sayo's opinion, dogs are clearly superior to cats. They're loyal, and cute, and everything you could want in a pet. She got very excited when Hina introduced her to her bandmate's dog, Leon. He was a very good boy.

 

She would often go through cute pictures of dogs, simply because they cheered her up. Videos, too.

 

She loved dogs. She wanted a dog. Realistically, it wasn't going to happen for quite a few years, but she could still think about it.

 

So, it was of no surprise to her that she felt a bit disappointed when Yukina invited her to a cat cafe. She didn't hate cats, but they weren't her favorite. But, she agreed to go, for Yukina.

 

The date was nice, but not more so than any of their previous dates. They talked and ate, and that was about it.

 

Well.

 

Except for the cats.

 

Yukina was a cat lover, everyone knew this, no matter how much she tried to hide it. So, whenever a cat came up to her and let itself be pet, she got this look on her face, a look of pure admiration. She got all quiet, and blushed, and smiled as she pet the cats.

 

Maybe Sayo liked dogs more than cats, but it was more than worth it to see the cute expression on Yukina's face.

 

Notes:

(Note: author does not condone fighting over cats and dogs, they're both amazing in their own way)

Chapter 95: Drabble 95 - Logicality

Summary:

Sometimes you just bake cookies with one of your closest friends and it gets gay

Notes:

It's weird but now that I'm nearing the end of this challenge I feel less motivated to actually write the drabbles?? It doesn't make much sense but eh

Chapter Text

 

"Patton," Logan sighed as he mixed the batter, although begrudgingly. "Once again, I am asking you if you really know this recipe as well as you think you do."

 

"Of course I do! Don't you trust me, Lo?"

 

"That is not the issue. While I am not... An expert on baking, I know what cookie dough is supposed to look like, and this is not it."

 

"Oh," Patton paused to really look at the dough. It was a bit too lumpy, and he frowned. "Well. We could say we were improvising?" He suggested, and was incredibly satisfied when he got a surprised laugh out of Logan.

 

"Patton, with all due respect, that is a horrible idea," He said, but he was still holding in laughter, so it didn't have any real bite to it.

 

"We don't really have another option! Besides, it's not really a lie."

 

"You're lucky I love you," Logan chuckled, began mixing the dough again, and then froze.

 

Patton was frozen too. He'd known about his feelings for a while, and was determined to keep them inside and let them fester there as to not bother anyone, but he never expected... Anybody to love him that way, especially not Logan.

 

He was very unsure of what to do. He was happy, of course, but he couldn't find it in himself to do anything, no matter how much his mind screamed at him.

 

"I... I'm sorry, I suppose it was inappropriate of me to just tell you that."

 

"No," Patton shook his head, earning him a very confused look. "You don't have to apologize. It's fine. I, uh... I love you too." A bit uncreative of him, but the point clearly got across, what with the growing smile on Logan's face. Wow, that was pretty.

 

And, this new discovery changed a surprisingly low amount of things about how they went about baking.

 

Besides the fact that they spent most of the time that the cookies were baking kissing and saying romantic things to each other, obviously.

 

Chapter 96: Drabble 96 - Tomotsugu

Summary:

It's a soulmate au with just a pinch of angst because I was feeling spicy idk (but I'm also tired as hell so it's also very sleepy)

Chapter Text

 

Tsugumi sighed as she snuggled in closer to her girlfriend. Tomoe was tall, easy to cuddle with, and Tsugumi had had a long day, so of course she was going to cuddle with her. The blankets sent a nice warmth throughout her body, and she relaxed.

 

"Nothing like a good cuddle after a long day, huh?" Tomoe seemed to be amused by Tsugumi getting comfortable so quickly.

 

"Yeah," Tsugumi replied from her place in Tomoe's neck.

 

After their sparse conversation fizzled out, Tsugumi started thinking, even though she kinda didn't want to. She wasn't Tomoe's soulmate, and even though she knew she loved her, she couldn't help but feel a bit insecure about it.

 

She was talking before she could stop herself.

 

"Hey, Tomoe-chan?"

 

"Yeah?" Tomoe's voice was slightly heavy and drowsy, and Tsugumi wondered if she had woken her.

 

"What... What are you going to do when you find your soulmate?" Her voice was small.

 

"Hm. Well, unless they're, like, the best person in the world, which I doubt, I'm going to stay with you," Tomoe said, stroking Tsugumi's hair.

 

"Okay," She nodded, not feeling much better about it. Yeah, Tomoe could say that she was going to stay with her, but how could she know for sure?

 

"I'm serious. I love you so much, Tsugu, and I'm honestly a bit mad that you're not my soulmate," Tomoe chuckled. "I think we're perfect for each other, no matter what the universe says."

 

"That was really sweet," Tsugumi cooed, pecking her girlfriend on the cheek. "Thank you. I do feel better."

 

"M'kay. Good night, Tsugu."

 

"Good night, Tomoe-chan."

 

Chapter 97: Drabble 97 - Remile

Summary:

Remy is afraid of thunderstorms. Emile helps him.

Notes:

So we still don't have power, BUT I wrote an entire 4k word long oneshot today and so I'm feeling INSPIRED
I'll probably post a second drabble soon (probably)

Chapter Text

 

Remy would really have preferred to not be alive at that very moment. He just really really didn't like thunderstorms. All the loud noises, the dangers, the flashes of light, everything about them sucked. The last time he was in a thunderstorm, he was alone, hiding under the covers, terrified out of his mind.

 

This time, however, his boyfriend was with him. And worried.

 

"Seriously, Em, I'm fine," He insisted, even though he was very much not fine.

 

"You really don't seem fine," Emile crossed his arms. "You're shaking."

 

"No I'm not."

 

"I can see you."

 

"Not anymore," Remy laughed, taking off Emile's glasses.

 

"Hey!" Emile laughed with him, and it was a wonderful sound. "Okay, you got me there, but I'm still worried about you."

 

"Well, stop being worried," Remy said. "I just had too much caffeine today."

 

"You have too much caffeine every day."

 

"Exactly! Maybe I should start taking your advice..." That one wasn't a lie, he really should stop drinking too much caffeine.

 

"I know you're scared, Rem," Emile hugged him. "Don't make me bust out my degree."

 

"Ahaha, you're a therapist, not a body language expert," Remy laughed. He did feel a little better. "But, yeah, I am kinda afraid of thunderstorms."

 

"Aha! I know just the solution," Emile grinned. "Lots of hugs and kisses!"

 

"Wow, babes, your recommendations are superb."

 

And with that, Emile started making good on his promises.

 

Chapter 98: Drabble 98 - Yukiran

Summary:

It's a cliche pretty much

Notes:

2nd drabble of the day babey

Chapter Text

Moca spotted Ran by her locker, glowering. And, of course, she had to go over and tease her. It was just the nature of their friendship. Ran is grumpy, Moca teases, Ran gets grumpier, and then one of the other Afterglow members comes in and cheers her up.

 

"Ran~" Moca called out as she walked up to her. "What's gettin' you down today?"

 

"Hm?" Ran turned around, as if she was lost in thought. "Oh, right, I'm... Just look." She sighed, and turned to the side so that Moca could see her right arm.

 

In said arm was a giant teddy bear. The classic romantic Valentine's gift.

 

"Ooh, who gave that to you~?"

 

"M... Minato-san did," Ran turned red and looked away.

 

"Ehh?" Moca was actually shocked. Didn't Yukina and Ran not like each other? Maybe it was a love-hate kinda situation. That was probably it.

 

"I mean, I-I'm glad that she gave it to me, it was... Pretty sweet of her, but now I have to carry this around all day," Ran somehow blushed harder as she talked.

 

"Hmm, maybe this was the intended outcome~" Moca teased, but Ran shook her head.

 

"No, actually, when she gave this to me, she kinda... Asked me out?" Oh?

 

"Wow, she's forward~" Moca laughed. So maybe they didn't hate each other, maybe it was just pure love. A good route for Ran.

 

"Yeah, I know, I was pretty embarrassed," Ran actually smiled a little bit. "I said yes, obviously."

 

"Ran's in love~" Moca put a hand on her forehead dramatically, and Ran rolled her eyes.

 

"Shut up."

 

Chapter 99: Drabble 99 - Tamarui

Summary:

It is just pure fluff

Notes:

Whooo boy second to last day.. it's getting intense
Also just a warning, tomorrow won't be a drabble at all, it's a oneshot that I already have mostly done. It'll be great (although this one is really long too)

Chapter Text

 

Tamao sighed, sinking into the couch. It felt wonderful after practice. The new performance she was in had a very intense choreographed fight, and they had rehearsed it over and over again that day.

 

"Ah, you're home," Tamao's girlfriend smiled at her as she walked in the room. Tamao waved, blowing her a small kiss. Rui giggled.

 

"Today's practice was very draining," She admitted. "But it could also be that this is the first time in a while you haven't been in a performance with me." Rui blushed a little bit, and Tamao was thoroughly amused that she still often had such an effect on her.

 

"I do miss practicing with you," Rui sat next to Tamao, and grabbed her hand.

 

"It's quite okay, I know this next production is the biggest one you've ever been in," Tamao leaned into her shoulder. "And you're playing the main villian, too. I'm proud of you."

 

"Ehehe, thank you. But I wouldn't even have this opportunity without you, you know."

 

"You're giving me too high of praise, there, Rui," It was Tamao's turn to blush.

 

"It's true," Rui insisted, starting to rub circles into her girlfriend's hand and look nervous.

 

"What's wrong?" Tamao turned to look at her more directly.

 

"Well, I..." Rui took a few deep breaths, and Tamao recognized that it was the same breathing exercises she used to calm down before a performance. "Tamao, do you remember that one time we went to a resort together and pretended to be married to get the discount?"

 

"Of course, Ichie was so proud of us," Tamao giggled at the memory of Ichie's mischievous expression.

 

"I started thinking about that the other day, and it made me realize something," Rui squeezed Tamao's hand, seemingly more for herself than Tamao. "Tamao, I... I've been in love with you for so long. Ever since I first saw you in middle school, I had so many feelings that I had never felt for anyone before. When you agreed to be my girlfriend, I felt like crying from happiness, and I did after you left. Then we moved in together, and I still felt as strongly about you as I did in high school. You probably know what I'm about to say, I guess..." Rui laughed nervously.

 

"I do," Tamao willed her tears back. "But I still want to hear you say it."

 

"Okay," Rui reached into her pocket, and pulled our a black box.  "What I'm trying to say is... Tomoe Tamao, will you marry me?" The ring was gorgeous, with two gems, one purple and one red, across from each other as if in a dance.

 

"Yes, of course I will!" Tamao let herself start crying, throwing her arms around her fiancee (!!!). "I love you so much more than you could ever know, Rui. I didn't realize it as first, but I've always loved you. The way you asserted yourself on stage, so powerful, and yet so nervous and respectful in person was utterly captivating. I would marry you a thousand times if I could." She heard a sob from Rui, who hugged her back tightly.

 

Their lips met, and it was wet from the tears and yet so so happy.

 

"By the way, do you want a massage for your muscles?"

 

"Of course, thank you so much."

 

Chapter 100: Drabble 100 - Masurokka

Summary:

Masuki and rokka go stargazing.. it expectedly gets gay as hell

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Rokka knew that Masuki liked to lay down anywhere and everywhere that she could. She didn't give much explanation for why this was the case, just that cold surfaces felt good on her back, which she guessed was valid.

 

Apparently, this also applied to fields.
Before they had even set their blankets (if you could call them that) down, Masuki was already essentially T-posing on the grass, definitely getting some sort of dew on the back of her jacket, closing her eyes and letting herself smile a tiny bit. God, Rokka loved that smile.

 


"Masuki-san, what are you doing?"

 


"Laying on the ground." She tilted her head to look at Rokka.

 


"Okay, well, do you still want this, or...?" Rokka held up the maybe-blanket after she had set down her own, to which Masuki shook her head.

 


"I'm good." Rokka shrugged, and laid down on her maybe-blanket, but seeing as it wasn't that well made, she could still slightly feel some blades of grass poking her back. About a minute later, after she had already gotten lost in the stars, she felt somebody gently poke her shoulder. "Can you...?" It was Masuki, who, at the moment, was gesturing kind of incoherently. Luckily, Rokka understood.

 


"Of course." She awkwardly scooched over, and Masuki eagerly joined her, leaving 'just' enough space between them so that they weren't touching but were close enough that any sort of shifting at all would make them touch. Usually, Rokka would question anybody doing this when they had their own perfectly good blanket, but the gayness of the whole thing already overwhelmed her. Besides, it wasn't like she minded Masuki being this close anyway.

 


About another minute passed, and Rokka felt a hand gently grab her right shoulder. Then a body pressing into her left side. She looked over, already knowing what to expect, but 'wow' Masuki's face was still really close to hers. And then Masuki backed away a little.

 

"Oh, sorry, did you not want me to-?"

 


"No, no, it's fine!" Rokka responded a bit too quickly, realizing that she probably made some sort of shocked face. Her heart couldn't take much more of this. She rolled onto her left side so that their position was a little less uncomfortable.

 


Neither of them were looking at the stars anymore. Rokka was frantically looking around and avoiding eye contact, while Masuki kept her gaze focused on the guitarist. Eventually, Rokka couldn't keep it up. She gave in, and looked back at the girl in front of her.

 


"Hmm..." Masuki was on the brink of one of her scary expressions, but, strangely, it was a bit softer. "You're cute, you know that?" Masuki called things cute a lot, but this felt different. Maybe it was their close proximity, maybe it was the way she said it, maybe it was the fact that Rokka was finally realizing that she had been crushing on this girl for a long time, but something about it made all the butterflies in Rokka's stomach try to come bursting out.

 


The last straw for Rokka was when Masuki finally broke her stare, looking down for a brief moment, and then looked back up at her, lingering on Rokka's lips for a second before continuing to stare into her eyes.

 


"Masuki-san..." She squeaked out as she tried to control her heartbeat, but she lost the ounce of composure she still had when Masuki used the hand that wasn't on Rokka's shoulder to gently cup her cheek.

 


"Rokka..." The way Masuki said her name was so gentle and soft that Rokka had to stop herself from screaming. "... Can I kiss you?"

 


Ah.

 


Rokka couldn't exactly say anything at the moment, considering that she could barely form a coherent thought at all. All she could do was nod, blush, and feel incredibly gay. Masuki smiled the most genuine smile Rokka had ever seen her make, and blushed. She wasted no time, quickly pressing their lips together, and Rokka though she was about to implode. It was amazing, a little awkward considering neither of them knew what they were doing, but amazing nonetheless. Rokka's heart was pounding, and there was a tingling feeling in her chest. After what felt like minutes, it was over.

 

"Hah..." Rokka didn't know how long she had been holding her breath for, but it was nice to breathe again.

 

"I love you, Rokka," Masuki sounded a bit breathless.

 

"I love you too," Rokka smiled even wider.

 

"Now, do you wanna do what we actually came here to do?" Rokka laughed along Masuki, her heart feeling happy.

 

The stars were beautiful, even more so since she knew Masuki loved her. Her entire world felt brighter now.

 

She loved the feeling of being loved.

 

Notes:

AAAAND that's the end folks!! This has been very fun, even if it was emotionally draining at times, I'm still very glad I did this. Writing daily has been a good thing for me
I'm so glad that people enjoyed this silly thing I did, honestly I didn't expect many people to see or care about it.. and now it's my most popular work