Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Next Avengers Initiative(MCU)
Stats:
Published:
2020-03-06
Completed:
2022-07-10
Words:
176,296
Chapters:
63/63
Comments:
328
Kudos:
531
Bookmarks:
83
Hits:
37,210

The Next Avengers - The Legend(MCU)

Summary:

After the Snap, the world is without the Armored Avenger, the Star Spangled Man, and the God of Thunder, The Archer, and The Spy.

Years later, when an old friend arrives with an idea that gives them a bit of hope to get the Infinity Stones and bring everyone back, James Rogers, Son of Captain America and Black Widow, and Peter Parker start a new Avengers Initiative.

Using all of the files Tony had gathered throughout the years for possible recruits, they'll assemble a force...or more like a group of crazy teens, to reverse the effects of the Snap and bring everyone back.

But will they be able to retrieve the stones and bring everyone back, or will it be too hard a mission for them?(Infinity War/Endgame AU)

Chapter 1: Cast and Characters

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

And there came a day unlike any other. When Earth's Mightiest Heroes were killed and new heroes had to rise.



Cody Christian as James "Jamie" Rogers, aka The Captain

Cody Christian as James "Jamie" Rogers, The Captain         

Age: 15

The son of Captain America and Black Widow, Jamie is literally the younger version of his father.

Selfless, caring, tough, always looking out for the other person.

Even though his parents were killed in The Snap, he still stays strong for him and his twin sister, Nikki.


Tom Holland as Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man

Tom Holland as Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man         

Age: 16(2018), 25(2028)

The young webslinger from Queens, Peter is the only survivor, other than Nebula, that survived the Battle on Titan. Haunted by the sight of Tony dying in front of his eyes.

After The Snap, Peter lives at the Compound with Bruce, Betty, and the Twins.

Even though it hurts to live without Tony or May, Peter is still motivated my Tony telling him to be better. So he keeps on being the better person that he can be. By helping Bruce as an Avenger throughout the years and looking in on Tony's Family.


Sierra McCormick as Nicole "Nikki" Rogers, aka The Black Widow

Sierra McCormick as Nicole "Nikki" Rogers, aka The Black Widow        

Age: 15

Daughter of Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff and sister of James Rogers.

Emotional, fiery, lethal. Nikki has all of the qualities to take on the mantle of Black Widow. Agile as her mother, good with her hands and a gun. If she gets mad, Nikki is literally the living embodiment of the word dangerous. But she can also be kind and caring.

Having PTSD from watching a recording of her parents dying and then the Mad Titan, Nikki sometimes has panic attacks. But when the occasion arises, she will rise to be whatever she's needed to be.

Author's Note/Disclaimer: Nikki is an OC Character created by @thegraytigress in her Heart Of The Storm series. She is an amazing writer, my mentor and a good friend of mine. She did a great job bringing this character to life in her HoTS series and I only hope I can do her proud with this character's growth and her story.


Ty Simpkins as Harley Keener, aka Iron Lad

Ty Simpkins as Harley Keener, aka Iron Lad        

Age: 21

A smart inventor and close friend of Tony Stark from Tennessee, Harley Keener can make just about any gadget out of almost anything. Just like Tony could.

Harley, unfortunately, lost his mother and sister in The Snap and is left with his younger little sister. But now, he's motivated.


Saiorse Ronan as Torunn "Tori" Thorsdóttir

Saiorse Ronan as Torunn "Tori" Thorsdóttir        

Age: 15

Daughter of Thor and Jane Foster. Born after the events of The Dark World. After finding out what happened to her parents, Tori goes into a depressive state that only gets worse throughout the years.

But when the time comes for her to help her friends, her warrior spirit (and love of pizza) motivates her to step in.

Author's Note/Disclaimer: I know that ORIGINALLY, Torunn's mother is Lady Sif in the comics. But since she and Thor had little to no chemistry and him and Jane did, I just decided to go for it. Plus, with her mother being mortal, it really sets the tone for what I'm gonna do wtih this character. So just know, I don't own this character, just the idea of her being Jane's daughter. I LOVE Natalie Portman.


Yvette Monreal as Ava Ayala, aka White Tiger

Yvette Monreal as Ava Ayala, aka White Tiger         

Age: 19

The fiery young feline heroine and protector of Brazil. Ava took on the mantle of White Tiger after her father who was killed in The Snap.

Not exactly a people person, Ava is a bit of a introvert but can be nice when the time is right. She does though share a connection with Peter in having seen those she loves die in front of her.

Having seen many people lose their families and loved ones in her life, Ava has dedicated herself to protect and defend the weak, making her the perfect candidate for being one of the Next Avengers.


Nadji Jeter as Azari "Z" T'Challa, aka Black Panther

Nadji Jeter as Azari "Z" T'Challa, aka Black Panther        

Age: 16

The son of T'Challa and Nakia. A natural born warrior like his father, Azari is always up for taking down some baddie who deserves it. He loves freeing people and doing undercover missions to help others.

He is sad about what happened to his parents in The Snap, but he's glad that he still has Okoye and his Aunt Shuri. When his friends come to Wakanda for help, he'll do his best to make his parents proud and bring out the claws.

Author's Note/Disclaimer: Once again, I know Azari is the son of T'Challa and Nakia, but since Storm, nor the X-Men are in the MCU and I loved T'Challa and Nakia's relationship in Black Panther, I went ahead and made him their son. Personally, I like it. 😁🤷🏾♂️


Jace Norman as Francis "Frankie" Barton, aka Hawkeye

Jace Norman as Francis "Frankie" Barton, aka Hawkeye        

Age: 18

The son of Clint Barton and Bobbi Morse. As lethal as his parents, Frankie can work with a bow and arrow just like his father and disable opponents like his mother.

Born in 2010, he came into the picture in 2013 after Morse showed up at the Farmhouse and left him with Clint, thinking he'd be better off and out of danger. As he grew, Clint taught Frankie self defense, how to be a great spy, and of course, how to use a bow and arrow.

So now, when he's needed to help the new team with this mission, he will have to take on the mantle of his father and truly become Hawkeye.


Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop, aka Hawkette

Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop, aka Hawkette        

Age: 18

Frankie's best friend from their childhood when he first arrived at the Barton Farmhouse. Like him, Clint showed Kate techniques and skills to use in self defense and too protect others. And like her teacher, she's good with a bow and arrow too.

Having lost her own parents in The Snap and caring an awful lot about the Bartons, Kate has the motivation to help bring back all those lost in The Snap.


Sofia Wylie as Riri Williams, aka IronHeart

Sofia Wylie as Riri Williams, aka IronHeart        

Age: 17

Riri is a very intelligent girl and a student of MIT. Using some stolen parts from campus, she designs a suit after the hero who inspired her and took on the name IronHeart.

After losing her father in The Snap, she lives with her mother and aunt in Massachusetts. She's young and inexperienced, but desperately yearns to help others.

So when Peter shows up asking for her help, she really wants to, but she's held back by her own troubles.


Emma Fuhrmann as Cassie Lang, aka Ant-Girl

Emma Fuhrmann as Cassie Lang, aka Ant-Girl        

Age: 18

The daughter of Scott Lang and his amazing successor, Cassie has grown into quite the young woman. Taking care of her little brother has truly given her the view on life that Scott has had since she was born: take care of those close to you.

But when Scott shows up out of nowhere after previously thought to be dead with a plan to reverse the effects of The Snap, Cassie will let nothing stop her from helping.

Thanks to suits that were made as presents for her and PJ until that reached the right age, they've become the next generation of Ant-Man and The Wasp.....make that Ant-Girl and The Waspling.


Jacob Tremblay as Henry "PJ" Pym Jr., aka Waspling

, aka Waspling        


Age: 10

Son of Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne, PJ was born in 2018 after the Chase for the Mobile Laboratory in San Francisco, but before The Snap.

Growing up and being raised by Cassie, PJ learned that unfortunately, people might be lost, even people close to you. But that you should always care for others. Even if you're going through something, help other people.

He's just as funny as his father and feisty as his mother. His favorite color is yellow and he loves being able to shrink and play with ants.

Author's Note: In the comics, "Pym" is the son of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. Obviously, the MCU took a different direction, so I'm just following the footsteps. So I don't own this character, just the happy thought of him being Scott and Hope's son.


Brandon Soo Hoo as Amadeus "Mad" Cho, aka Kid-Hulk

Brandon Soo Hoo as Amadeus "Mad" Cho, aka Kid-Hulk        

Age: 18

The new green fighting machine with the brains! Amadeus, Or Mad for short, is a very intelligent young man and is a big fan of Tue Avengers. He also has a pet coyote named Kerberos, or Kirby for short.

After an accident that made him the next Hulk, he did his best to help people since he had a good hold on it. Now that he's needed to help bring the Original Avengers back, he's all for it.


Yara Shahidi as V.I.V.I.A.N. "Viv" Vision

        

Age: 2

Viv is a synthezoid created by Bruce. Made from an AI Tony Stark made named: V.I.V.I.A.N. V.I.V.I.A.N. stands for Very Intelligent Viral Interacting Assistant/Nerd.

She can control her density, has super strength, and can fly as well. She also has the ability to change her appearance from a synthezoid to a human teenager.

Bruce is like a surrogate father to her. She helps him with his experiments and is happy to have a purpose.


Xolo Maridueña  as Sam Alexander, aka Nova

Xolo Maridueña as Sam Alexander, aka Nova        

Age: 12(2018)/22(2028)

A young "space cop" with the power that is his namesake. Sam is an old student of Rocket who the Guardians trained some time after the Battle On Ego's Planet. Since then, Sam has tried to help rebuild Xandar from the ground up with the remaining survivors. He is also the best and the youngest officer in The Nova Corps.

He has a bit of a problem when it comes to leadership issues, but that slowly goes away as they get to know each other. But deep down, he has deep respect for both Peter and James. As well as their parents/mentors, and what they stand for.


Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel

Age: 18

Kamala is a geek and Captain Marvel's BIGGEST fan. Literally! She's a bit of a nerd and loves rom-coms.

After her family died in The Snap, Kamala moved in with her friend and her family. She's always been a people person and loves making new friends. So that makes her all the more happy when Peter and James ask her to help.


On that day, The Next Avengers were born!

Notes:

UPDATE: Sophia Taylor Ali has been replaced fancasted with Iman Vellani as Ms. Marvel.