Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 256 of Leoverse
Collections:
COWT - Clash Of the Writing Titans/Chronicles Of Words and Trials
Stats:
Published:
2020-02-29
Completed:
2020-02-29
Words:
10,573
Chapters:
22/22
Kudos:
2
Hits:
132

A Voice To The Voiceless

Chapter 22: The World

Chapter Text

Cody sits on a chair on the terrace of the bedroom, watching the horizon. He’s hoping to see shadows appearing there, signaling the return of the army. Blaine’s been gone for months already, and he misses him. But they’ve received a few letters and he’s not going to let himself worry too much. Blaine wouldn’t want it. He’d want him to keep calm and wait patiently. At some point, he will come back, and he will be alright, and he will be rewarded for his bravery and his valor, as always, and the three of them will be together again, at last.

“Cody-- come back in,” Leo says with a little worry, placing a blanket on his shoulders, “It’s getting cold outside. You’re gonna catch a fever.”

Cody chuckles, turning back towards him. “I’m fine,” he says, “I was just looking out.”

“To see if you could spot him?”

Cody nods, smiling easily. “But it doesn’t seem like he’s gonna be back today.”

“Forced to spend yet another night alone with me, poor you,” Leo jokes with a theatrical sigh.

Cody chuckles, pressing his face against Leo’s arm. “You’re silly. I like spending the night with you.”

“Because I wear you out to the point that you get so tired you can’t even worry properly anymore, and you collapse and sleep for ten hours straight,” Leo nods, “That is my magic power.”

No, Cody would like to tell him, that’s not your magic power. Your magic power is that even when I’m the most worried, even when I’m the saddest, even when I miss him to the point that it seems to me I will never be able to breathe properly until he’s back by my side, you can break every chain of bad thoughts and bring me back to happiness. Your magic power is that just by touching me or kissing me you make anxiety and sadness fade away. That with the pleasure you give me you allow me to go on day by day as though I wasn’t slowly withering inside because the man I adore could be dead, even now, even if the thought breaks me. That’s your magic power – you make it possible for me to still live a life worth living, against all possible odds.

But he doesn’t say it – it would be too embarrassing, and he’s never been much good with words. Leo’s much better than he is, and he will take advantage of that.

“I’ll come back inside,” he says, “And I’ll come to bed. Only if you tell me a story.”

Leo smiles brightly, holding him by his hand and eagerly dragging him back inside. “Would you like to hear the story of Ser Caliven, who fought Death and came back to the beautiful Lady Jayne of the Mountains of the North?” he asks.

And, of course, Cody says yes.

Series this work belongs to: