Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 256 of Leoverse
Collections:
COWT - Clash Of the Writing Titans/Chronicles Of Words and Trials
Stats:
Published:
2020-02-29
Completed:
2020-02-29
Words:
10,573
Chapters:
22/22
Kudos:
2
Hits:
132

A Voice To The Voiceless

Chapter 11: Wheel Of Fortune

Chapter Text

Cody breathes out and lets go of his hold around Leo’s cock, who’s still shaking with the aftershocks of his own orgasm. They’re both sweaty because the AC in this cheap motel room works much more than it’s supposed to. It’s winter outside and it’s probably 98 degrees in here.

Cody unwraps his arms from around Leo’s neck and lets them fall on the mattress. He expects Leo to withdraw from him and come out of his body, but he doesn’t. He gets closer, instead, hiding his face against his neck. He sobs a little and Cody hugs him again, sighing. “Please, don’t cry,” he says, “You make me feel guilty.”

“I’m sorry,” Leo says. Cody is aware of being one of the very few people Leo ever spoke these words to. “I don’t want to. But I don’t know what to do. And I hate dragging you here, every time. This place is disgusting. You don’t deserve it.”

Cody turns his face slightly and pushes his nose against Leo’s cheek. He just wants to smell him, for comfort, but Leo turns his head immediately and kisses him, dragged by his own personal version of a newborn’s suckling reflex, except aimed towards him. “I’m happy,” Cody says. It’s not true, but it’s a good lie. Besides, it’s not even entirely a lie. He is not exactly happy, but at this point in his life if Leo decided to stop seeing him out of respect for him, simply because he doesn’t like to take him to places such as these to have sex, Cody would probably off himself, so he can’t say he’s unhappy. That must count for something.

“You’ve never been a good liar,” Leo sighs against his lips. Then he opens his eyes to look at him, and Cody finds him a little more in control. “You’re so fucking beautiful,” he whispers, touching his lips and the edges of his face, “You’re mesmerizing. I don’t know how I could go on so many years without ever seeing your face.”

“Perhaps you didn’t need to.”

“Don’t even--” Leo presses his hand against Cody’s mouth, silencing him, “Don’t say that. I’ve always needed you. Keep it in mind. Don’t you dare forgetting it. All those years I didn’t see you, I was denying you to myself. It was a sacrifice.”

Yeah, Cody thinks, but on the altar of what?

However, he chooses not to voice his bitterness. He knows this isn’t going to last anyway. Sure, after the accident and his coma Leo was dragged back to him by the tide of his confused feelings. Sure, now he can’t do less of him. He searches for him constantly, he constantly wants to see him, he calls him and texts him at every hour of the day because he can’t do otherwise, but that already happened between them. Back when they were younger. Back when they had a real chance. And it still didn’t work.

Cody might be the sand calling to the waves, but Blaine is the ocean where they’re going to die.

So he decides to smile through this. For as long as it’s going to last. He’s not the one who’s going to put the flame out with complaints.