Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-12-28
Updated:
2020-05-18
Words:
31,527
Chapters:
15/?
Comments:
95
Kudos:
904
Bookmarks:
162
Hits:
14,940

Mob Mentality

Summary:

Mobbing (v): (of a group of birds or mammals) surround and attack (a predator or other source of threat) in order to drive it off.


Before he had found Karasuno, Hinata Shouyou had no recollection of any life other than... well.. trash. He was living like everything a crow was stereotyped to be, a garbage digger, a vermin in the city slums. That was what he was supposed to be. Or that is what he was told. After he lost his mother and sister, he lost his will to live, but the murder saved him. That's why it was so important that he got back to them. The murder of crows known as Karasuno was his only family he had left. After a nasty ass fall, he gets taken care of by a bunch of strangers? He was garbage, so why did these creatures that were supposed to hate him take such an interest in him?


---


Everyone is a hybrid and Hinata accidentally gains a small harem while he's trying to get back to his murder.

Notes:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Summary:

The clothing style is victorian kinda but not really if you know what I mean.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Everything was fine. He was bothering Kageyama, who was fighting back and almost causing both of them to fall right out of the sky. Daichi told them to stop, and they did. Ukai was leading the murder, who were flying in the opposite of what most flocks do. Most flocks of birds tend to fly in a V, but Karasuno was a murder of crows, so they didn't really care. Once upon a time, Daichi had tried to get them to do so, but when it was successful they all found that it felt unnatural and slowly went back to the way they were. They were flying back to their nest on the edge of the dead side of the forest. Their territory was secluded from most species, as the scorched end of the lush forest was barren of most ability to support life. Perfect for crows.

Everything was fine, except it wasn't.

Because Hinata was falling.

And he was falling fast.

He flailed his wings, trying to get a bit of air under them. He'd flown too fast and lost the murder in the forest, they were just bringing some sparse prey that other animals had taken down back to the nest. It was rotting, like most of their meals, but it was fine because that was better than what Hinata would have when he was living alone. He found that flailing his wings wasn't working, but had no other choice since he was already falling quickly towards the trees that shaded the ground below. Why was he falling? A stretch of the left wing told him the bone was out of place, but he wasn't going to let that stop him from saving his own life. Just in the nick of time, he gained enough composure to spread his wings and ever so slightly slow his descent as his tiny body slammed into the trees. He swore he heard a rib crack as his charcoal black wings knocked against the branches and he hit the ground with a loud thud, barely managing to shield his head from the impact.

Everything was not fine.

--------------

Aone was a man of few words, but clear interests. He preferred to be in step with people who were smart enough to read in between the lines. People were intimidated by his silent but fierce presence that he always put out to the world. He was an intimidating man on the outside. However, those who knew him, especially the ones who were smart enough to read between the lines of his sparse gestures and even sparser words knew what he was really like. He was a soft, kind hearted and polite man who just wanted to help his clan of golems. However, his kindness wasn’t always limited to his clan, or even their allies. He was known to bring in small injured animals, he enjoyed nursing them back to health and watching them free themselves to the world. His iron skin was soft when he wanted it to be.

Which is why he was in such a difficult situation
He was simply enjoying a walk, going to see if a nest’s eggs had finally hatched. He was curious to see if the birds would love him just as much as the parents did, and the thought made him smile. The small grin, however, was short lived. His skin hardened into a dull iron color as a terrified scream came from afar. All thoughts of the birds dissipated from his mind and he ran towards the sound. He veered from the trail and stormed through the bushes, carelessly pushing branches aside to find the source of the noise. His heart dropped to his stomach as he heard a loud thud and the sound came to a sudden stop. He cleared some brush and finally found the source of the noise.

A tiny body with a mop of orange hair lay before him, crushing some leaves and such below it. Aone’s eyes widened as he processed in his head the deep black wings that unmistakably were that of a crow. A split second passed where he debated whether or not they were a raven’s wings, but realized that the shape of the wings were definitely belonging to the similar crow. He was pulled out of his stupor when the small creature made a pathetic noise, a whimper for somebody to help. The crow then cried out in pain for help, likely for other crows. Aone thought about staying to see if anyone would come, then took a look at the completely clear sky and lack of cawing, and decided on staying with the orange haired… teenager? They looked about his age, but he wasn’t sure because of their size.

Then Aone realized that he was faced with an issue. Crows were known to be troublesome, demi human or not. Regular ones were a constant annoyance to his clan’s allies, who often complained of crows eating their prey when it wasn’t ready to dispose of, and just the other week he heard news of a flock of demi human crows taking a bunch of trash from the groups of cats in the east. A crow would likely not be welcome among his clan, even if it was only for a short time. What if they made him turn the poor thing away? He was severely injured, and would probably need a lot of medical attention and food. What would Kenji do? Oiwake? He looked up again, searching for any sign of this crow’s flock.

“Suga, Daichi please anyone!” The crow cawed, and Aone noticed he was crying. “Tsuki! Kageyama! Noya!” They cried out again. Worries temporarily forgotten, Aone grunted and stepped up behind the crow, who promptly whimpered and tried to move away. It was pathetic, it was sad, and Aone’s heart ached with the need to help this poor creature. He carefully folded the boy’s wings, which was met with a flinch when he tried to move one of them.

“P-please don’t hurt me…” The small teen pleaded, he looked about ready to pass out. Aone grunted and helped him sit up, taking note of the pain it brought to the boy. He moved as to not hurt him worse, then pointed to the boy’s head. The crow looked confused, but ultimately returned to his fearful state, so Aone softened his skin. This confused the tiny crow in his arms, and he finally looked up at the iron golem, who was pointing to his own head now. The crow tilted his head, which made Aone fairly certain he had no head injury. That was good. He lowered his arm and carefully slid it under the boy’s bruised legs, one of which was sporting some worse ones that looked like they were turning green. Aone made sure to be extra gentle when moving that one. The terrified crow started shaking like a leaf, it made the giant golem feel a pang in his heart once again. He finally lifted the small creature and made his way back to the trail, realizing when he made it that he never introduced himself.

“Aone.” He said. The crow looked up, fearful once more at the golem speaking, but his face seemed to finally softened as he realized the implications of the simple introduction.

“I-i-i-is that y-your name?” He stammered. Aone nodded and gathered his bearings before turning to his left and walking towards the village his clan resided in. “H-Hinata…” The crow seemed to be biting back painful noises and looked even worse for wear than when Aone had found him, looking as if he were about to pass out. He gently shook the boy… Hinata and instantly regretted it as the boy squeaked in pain. From that moment, seeing the tears gently streaming down his face, Aone decided that he had to protect this boy. He couldn’t even gather his wings properly to cover himself up, or curl in on himself because of the pain, and Hinata seemed to hate that.

They were coming up on the village, and as Aone stepped inside the walls, he prepared himself for one hell of an argument.

Notes:

Hi welcome to the ending notes!!! If you would like you can watch my progress! Tell me if this link doesn't work sweets~

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZZIrR0kBr4BEItpq5iQ6Njz1Rfuk0lZlBtlozAMFRQs/edit?usp=sharing