Here is my notes document that I’ve been keeping through this whole thing. Feel free to use this as a reference if you end up doing anything Featherman related. I should have it set up to allow comments, so also feel free to yell ideas for character names or episodes or whatever. I’ll probably add more to it gradually, especially as I work on other things.
ThiefofHearts - Akira, obviously
Scherezade420 - Futaba
- Scheherazade is the
correct spelling of the name of the character telling the stories of the 1001 Nights, one of which is the tale of Alibaba. Blaze it!
LadyPanther - Ann
Empress-of-Flowers - Haru
CoffeeBoss - Sojiro
MoonRabbit99 - Mishima
- He’s the Moon and he’s kind of timid like a rabbit? No I don’t know the logic of why he’d have picked that for himself.
GunAboutKing - Shinya
BallisticsGecko - Iwai
ReachingForTruth - Yu
PungeonMaster - Sho
EndlessPathos - Marie
TrappedInTheTVAisle - Yosuke
sungoddessfire - Yukiko
- No I don’t know why this is the only one in all lowercase
MagicLoveline04 - Nanako
Fortune’sFool - Minato and Hamuko, with different symbols on the end
Fool’sFortune - Ryoji
BelieveItOrDon’t - Junpei
JusticeandStrength - Ken (and Koromaru)
ForeverArgus - Yukari
JunSuou - …...well. XD
MotorcycleNoises69 - Tatsuya
SilverIdol82 - Lisa
TwinPharaoh - Naoya
- In manga-canon he’s a twin, his ultimate is Amon-Ra (an Egyptian god tied to the pharaohs), and his shadow is literally introduced playing an arcade game, so he won the prize
JoJoPhoenixRangers - Mitsuru and Kei
- Throwaway account named as a joke. Because KiriJO and NanJO. Mitsuru just wants to see Yukari’s interview. Kei wants to give to charity. Neither want to admit to watching a Featherman livestream.
MasterPsychic000 - Maya Fey, because nothing like an Ace Attorney reference ;)
PhantomScientist777 - Carl [last name redacted]
- A Persona OC usually found doing science-y stuff of some kind, in this case being Goro’s physical therapist. He was heartlessly stolen by Atlus and made into a guidance counselor, and it remains to be seen if their characters will be merged together or if Takuto will be rejected as an inferior knock-off.
AngelHeart, MemeMasterEu, DreamChaser, MousequeradeLia, SoManyTrains - Discord friends! I wish I’d had room to include more.
Anyone with a “libraryofourown” link was a play on their AO3 handle except for BlueBunny and Satan, who were a play on their Discord names instead.
NightfallRook and SunsetBishop were both me, because I am nothing without my chess motifs. XD
Feather Gold Osprey and Feather Navy Vulture were picked half because of the obvious parallels to Crow and Black Mask (because Goro should have gotten a Featherman DLC outfit, damn it), and half because there weren’t any other gold “sixth rangers” yet, and I wanted something unique, which is why he isn’t Feather White like I originally planned. And yes, I know, he could have been Crow, but I wanted him to have something new for himself. He deserved to be a raptor bird like Red.
Feather Crimson Robin is technically Kasumi’s hypothetical outfit, named because she’s stealing Joker’s red and Crow’s...well, Robin. Magenta Hummingbird, on the other hand, is because hummingbirds are light and speedy like gymnasts, and magenta isn’t real. I think I’m funny. ^_^
The “short Featherman horror RPG” was an extremely condensed version of my experience spending 3 nights playing Hetaoni and yelling a liveblog at my friend about it. Which involved moments such as, “I’ve never been this emotionally invested in Hetalia except for the Revolutionary War sequence” and “OH GOD WHAT EVEN IS THAT IT’S COVERED IN EYES” and “I HAVEN’T HAD CONTROL IN AN HOUR.”