Actions

Work Header

The Ignorant Lie

Summary:

*Discontinue*

"Do you love me?” He asked, pinning the other man down with his body.
"Do you want me to lie to you and say I do?"

❦✢

or the one where,
Louis has it all, a perfect family, a loving mother, and a brother who loves him most. After his mother"s death things change.

Harry, mafia lord, is used to get what he wants, whether its a car or a parson He always gets what's he wants.What happens when he Meet Louis his sister Barbara's Brother In law who happens to be engaged

 

~ Used to be "Harry Styles" ~

Notes:

Hello everyone, I am sorry but i have dropped this series

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

 

Story title

 

Looking in the mirror he saw his reflection, he looked pale. Even though he was well groomed today, he looked pale. The slight makeup on his face did nothing to hide that his dull eyes or his fake smile. He was confused and felt heavy. He was just done getting dressed up for his engagement. He was getting engaged to a man he had never met, a man he never saw. He didn't know how to feel about it. Actually no! He knew how he felt. He wasn't happy, he was scared. His soon to be fiancé lived in America. He knew absolutely nothing about him except his name. What he liked, whether he had a girlfriend or not, what if he didn't even want to get married yet?

All these thoughts were running around his head but he didn’t know who to talk to he wanted to feel but he couldn’t but his mother imposed he was happy. His soon to be husband was his mother's best friend Trisha's son.

Trisha and her husband Yasir moved to Doncaster four years ago. Jay and Trisha became good friends not long after. They were attached to hips. They did everything together. After a year of moving to Doncaster, Trisha and Yasir got divorced. In those hard times for Trish, Jay and Louis supported her. Louis took care of her like his own mother. Her son Zayn was away cause of his job and couldn't join his mother at times but she visits him every opportunity she can get, he was Trisha's pride. She spoke highly of him.

Last year Jay and Trisha went to visit Zayn together for two reasons 1 Zayn can’t visit and 2 Trisha didn’t want to go alone so she brought Jay with her. They spent two weeks at his place .It wasn't much of a surprise to Jay when Trisha asked for Louis hand in proposal of his son. Jay was contented and excited about this proposal. She didn’t force louis to accept this proposal as such, but louis can see his mum’s wishes. He wanted her to be happy. She spent some time in America, a last year with Zayn. He was a manager in Worlds Bank. Zayn was a lovely guy, quite the gentleman, or so they say.

He didn’t know if Zayn was happy with this engagement or not, but Trisha kept saying that he’s happy with this proposal, nobody imposed anything on him. But louis has his own doubts because of him not being present at the moment. Trisha said its because of his urgent meeting in Africa.

Louis finally tore his eyes from his reflection and went downstairs where his mother and Trisha were waiting for him. He was feeling a burden on his shoulders. He wanted to scream, cry and ask how can he get engaged to someone who isn't even present for the event.

He gulped down the knot in his throat and walked towards them.

Trisha was the first one to notice him as he walked down. She was filming the whole event for her son. As he reached her, she turned her camera towards him.

"And here's my lovely boy, oh Louis you look so handsome my dear" Trisha said with a bright smile on her face.

Louis looked towards her and smiled "Thank you, Trisha."

His smile was fake. Both of the older women knew it was because he was scared and nervous. And Zayn being not here didn’t do any good either. He Scared of the unknowns. Scared of what might happen next but they ignored it for Louis's sake. They knew what decision they had made. They knew that both of their sons were going to be happy. They saw the potential they both have, they were highly capable. If one was careless other care too much, if one was a bit short tempered other was calm. If one was stubborn other was patient. 

Trisha handed her camera over to Sib, Trisha's maid. She had been there with her ever since she was a child, she was about louis’s age and was like a best friend to him. 

Trisha walked towards Louis and smiled up at him while putting the engagement ring on his finger. She looked directly into the camera and said "I'm recording all this for you, So that you know what did you miss. You idiot, look my son is very handsome. You better take care of him or I'll personally disown you. He’s Your responsibility. You better feel like because you couldn't find a guy like him even if you try" she ended with a laugh while Jay chuckled with her.

Doncaster wasn't an advanced city. It was small town with a backward thinking, where people hasn’t accepted gay marriages. That’s why louis was still single, there weren’t many people to date. When louis came out to them they accepted him with open arms, and trisha saw this as an opportunity to make their friendship even stronger.

There was an old custom if one of the partners isn't present their parents would put on ring on the person to fix the knot, that's what they did. But it was like it always had been. Nobody said anything. Of course people do love marriages, even his own older brother Niall got married but it didn't sit very well with Jay. She never liked Barbara because of the fact that she came from a family that has a bad reputation.

She was the sister of a Harry Styles rumors has it he was one of the top people you went to if you wanna do anything illegal like smuggle something, money laundering, drugs. But Niall and Barbara fell for each other even after all the rumors, they used to study together in college and got married a few years back.

Jay was against their marriage, Barbara doesn’t sit well with her. There was something about her that made her that she can’t pinpoint. Besides she way too prude, arrogant and show off, not the kind of influence she wanted on her innocent young boy, louis. Louis was fascinated with her personality. He likes the way she talked, or treat other people. She was too sweet on the outside. Jay and Barbara fight alot cause of that issue so Niall got a separate house in Manchester, which Barbara's brother had gifted them. Now they had a beautiful daughter named Edlyn.

"Come on Trisha, the guests are waiting outside, we should go" Jay said looking at his son and her best friend. It was a simple event with some of the neighbors and close friends.

The three of them made their way outside where the whole function was being held. It was an open air area where tables were set on equal distance, trees were decorated with fairy lights and buffet was arranged at the side.

Louis looked around to find everyone happy. But he himself couldn't feel that happiness. While looking at everything, he felt numb. I guess he reacted the way most of the other people would do, but he couldn't get in himself to react. He felt very still and very empty, the way the eye of a tornado must feel, moving dully along in the middle of the surrounding hullabaloo.

I am nothing. I’m like someone who’s been thrown into the ocean at night, floating all alone. I reach out, but no one is there. I call out, but no one answers. I have no connection to anything. He thought to himself

 

The function was on its peak. Guests were everywhere, enjoying having time of their lives. There stand niall with Barbara, his wife. It was no doubt she was a beautiful lady, with her brunette hair, blue shining eyes. And body of a goddess. She was beautiful and that beauty stole Niall's heart. Barbara was looking around with a disgusted look on her face. It wasn’t that there was anything wrong with the event but she is used to have exaggerated events, this however, seems like too low according to her taste.

"You know your mum should have asked you once, about preparation or your views on this engagement, after all Louis is your brother, you know what's best for him, too. I'm out of family, I accept that but you? You are invited here just like all these guests Here. A brother you are" She spat, voice full of sarcasm.

Niall looked at her and huffed But still he couldn't help but agreeing. He was a bit hurt by her mum’s behaviour. Jay came looking for her son and happily hugged him.

" It's so good to see you here, son." Niall looked at jay and said.

" Thank you for inviting me just like all these people, like a guest. I don't feel like brother anymore " He said angrily then continued when he didn’t get a response from jay.

"Mum you should have asked me once, you know i can look if the guy is even good for our lou or not, its all so sudden. He is just a kid mum, and you should have waited for zayn to come, what's the rush? He deserves to have a chance at love. He should have gotten to know him first. Why would you do that to him? We don't even know what he looks like and how he is. You can't just engage louis like that." He Said he was worried about his brother.

"I'm his mother, i love him more than any of you can think of. I know what's best for him. I know what he likes and not. I live with him for God's sake. Just because he isn’t from here doesn’t mean he isn’t a good guy. And not all marriages are about love What about loyalty and respect. I’m sorry naill all i see is love in your marriage. I know louis doesn’t agree with me right now but hell come around, I promise, love. Trust me this once. Why are you so against the idea of arranged marriage? People do that all around the world, its common. I accepted your choice of Barbara as a wife, its better if you do the same for louis too, for now. Excuse me i have guests to attend" Jay said and walked away.

"So that's why you brought me here? To get me insulted? Why was I even part of that Conversation? I didn’t say anything to her. You didn't say anything to her in my defense.You never defend me against your family. They are all that matters to you." Barbara spat and walked away. Niall looked at her walking figure and shook his head. He is doomed. There was not a single day when jay and barbara didn’t fight about anything and everything.

 

Liam was sitting on the sofa waiting for a text from his fiancee, Sophia when his brother Walked in. He was angry he can tell just by his posture. His eyes were murderous His muscles tense, his jaw clenched. He looks like he's ready to explode.

"What do you mean that building is sold? I told you to buy it didn't I?" He screamed looking at his assistant. That poor girl jumped, her eyes wide with fear "S-sir i told them you wanted it but the Irwin’s was persistent, they pulled some strings and bought the building with double the price, when i tried to buy from them his assistant Mike said it's not for sale. Said they were never happy with your project. Said a shopping mall right next to shopping mall is useless, waste of money and time. They want to build a club." She stuttered.

 

Harry saw red, how dare that bastard. He was working on that damned shopping mall for ages now. He won’t let him get away with this, Irwin will pay!

"Hmm.. Lets give Mr. Irwin something." He turned around "Iffy i want every single detail of that man! What he eats what he drinks to how many girls he has. I want everything."

"On it boss" Iffy said. She was the best hacker he have. She was fast and most importantly loyal. Never once she let him down. He trusts her greatly. "I want that fucking building, all of the work was done. All of the clients are waiting for the work to start. And because of you fools my work would be delayed. You fuckers. Its not good for my reputation. Nobody can take anything from me If this club isn't opened i have millions to loose plus you'll lose everything" He yelled at no one in particular.

Liam was seeing all this from his position on the sofa said "Bro calm down, you are terrorizing these people"

"Oh Hi kiddo! How have you been?" Harry asked in a soft tone like he wasn't yelling a few minutes ago.

"Sophia isn't responding me, it's been two whole days. What if she doesn't want to get married anymore? What if she call off the wedding harry? It would be the second person rejecting me. I knew something was wrong as soon i stopped getting texts from her, too, yesterday. Is it that bad to be your brother." Liam said with tear filled eyes. He didn’t mean any of the things he said but in the moment he said it. "She wouldn't if she knows whats best for her and You are my brother You do not cry over some girl. These people are easily convinced, if not from fear then we buy them. There is nothing in this world that money can't buy! I'd give you everything you want. I'll get her for you, Just you wait. And stop this nonsense. You know i can't see you both crying." He chides. He looked at liam for a long time and walking away.

"Ed! See what's going on with smiths. See if you can solve it or do i have to do something." Harry growled walking out of the house.

Liam sat there with tear stained face. He knew what was going to happen he was scared out of his mind.