Actions

Work Header

Our Omega, My Alphas

Summary:

Alpha Jungkook and Alpha Taehyung defy all odds to be together in a society where same sub-gender couples are discriminated against and in some cases killed.

Omega Seokjin starts to realize, when he meets the alpha of his dreams, that there are people that look at him not as a person but as a tool to produce offspring.

What would happen when they meet and realize they are all destined to be together.

Seokjin is their omega, Jungkook and Taehyung are his alphas…

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: The Alpha Law

Summary:

One day, due to the negligence of an innocent human child a werewolf pack was discovered and attacked.

Notes:

I’m so happy to finally post the first chapter!!
😭😭

This is my first omegaverse fanfic so I’m very excited about it!!!

The first three chapters are going to be introducing the three main characters: Taehyung, Seokjin, and Jungkook. It will have their background story, and from there I’ll slowly build up to the main story.

I have a lot planned for this fanfic and I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Please excuse any grammatical mistakes as I tried my best to edit it and this was the end result.

Enjoy the chapter!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Centuries ago, werewolves exclusively lived in small packs in the deepest part of the mountains of South Korea hidden from the human world, who were actively hunting after them. One day, due to the negligence of an innocent human child, a werewolf pack was discovered and attacked. The elimination of that pack lead to constant wars with the humans, and after years of fighting and innocent blood being spilled, on both sides, it lead to the elimination of ninety-nine percent of the human race. Werewolves were finally able to live in peace and not be persecuted. With the help of the few remaining humans, who surrender to their will, the werewolves were able to build cities and function as a society. Pups attended schools that educated them about their sub-gender and the history of werewolves. Alphas became CEOs or political figures in society and were in charge of the protection of those who were weaker than them, while Betas were not as strong as Alphas but were able to take up roles such as managers or as the right-hand man of an Alpha — leaving only the Omegas, who stayed at home to take care of the family and their pups. 

However, over the years, these traditional ideas were split in half by the general public because some thought being too conservative was making their society judgmental and narrow-minded, while the other half wanted to stick to their roots and instincts and live as pure werewolves. Due to many Alphas being in power and new forms of love and ideas starting to rise, the infamous Alpha Law was created. This law forbade any Alpha to be involved in a romantic or sexual relationship with another Alpha, as it would threaten the current power Alphas already had. If caught, the Alphas involved would be punished by the death penalty. The justification behind the law was to prevent the population of the werewolves from dying down, but it was all a lie. It was a selfish law that only brought chaos to the citizens, but most of the population followed it. However, not every law that was created was justifiable.

The sub-gender of werewolves played an important role in the creation of the Alpha law and why everyone agreed to such a cruel restriction that led to the death of innocent citizens. There were three types of sub-genders in society: Alpha, Beta, and Omega. Depending on which secondary gender a person presented, it would determine the style of living of that person. Alphas were born to be leaders, to be at the top of society because they were stronger and more dominant out of the three genders. Due to their strong frame and dominant scent, Alphas were highly respected and feared by others. It automatically opened many opportunities, such as jobs and housing, without putting any effort. Betas, on the other hand, were not as strong as Alphas but still highly respected by others and were placed as the right-hand man of Alphas. Although their scent was weak, they could release a dominant aura around Omegas. With their ability to get impregnated by an Alpha, even though the chances of conceiving were very low, and their inability to impregnate an Omega, Betas were necessary to society, but most of the time were looked down upon for their weak scent. 

Finally, Omegas were at the bottom of the chain, the lowest class in society. They were the weak and delicate companions of an Alpha, with its only function of reproducing offspring and taking care of them. Their physical appearance was not intimidating or threatening, and with their small frame and delicate features that were not meant for fighting, Omegas were forced to stay at home. Omegas were obligated to surrender to their motherly nature and were always seeking the attention of their Alpha. 

With these gender norms already established in society, if an Alpha were to pair up with another Alpha, it would only destroy the balance society already had created and only generate pure chaos. Therefore, the Alpha Law was necessary. 

————

“Breaking News! Breaking News! Police have taken into custody an Alpha couple that was discovered living together for the last ten years. Their neighbors accused them of breaking the Alpha Law, which doesn’t permit any Alpha/Alpha relationship. Authorities have determined that this couple, whom we have yet to know their identities, will receive the maximum penalty, which is death. We will now go to reporter Kim for more information.” 

“This is reporter, Kim. I’m in front of the courthouse where the Alpha couple was taken into custody this morning. According to witnesses, the couple had been living together for the last ten years. How were they able to hide this horrendous act from everyone around them? Well, it is still under investigation. The Alpha law has been enforced for years, to ensure that our population doesn’t die down. Despite there being many controversies, the Alpha couple will receive the maximum punishment for breaking the law. That’s all I have for today. This is reporter Kim in front of the courthouse reporting for Bantang News.” 

“Thank you, reporter Kim. Now to help us understand better what these accusations mean, we have criminal lawyer Mr. Kang and werewolves autonomy specialist, Dr. Lee. Thank you for joining us today.” 

“Thank you for having us here,” both professionals said in unison. 

“We know this couple has kept their relationship hidden for ten years, how can society not know about their relationship? How were they able to hide it?” 

“Well, we need to understand that two friends can live together for years, and no one will know if they were in a relationship or not. Plus, there are scent neutralizers that help hide the scent of an Alpha that will linger on the other Alpha after being involved in sexual acts. It’s easy to keep this secret hidden from those around us, so I’m not surprised.” Dr. Lee stated. 

“But how come only Alphas are being targeted by this law and not Omegas or Betas?”

“Well, Alphas are the backbone of our society. They are not meant to be submissive; that’s why we have Omegas and Betas. Besides, two Alphas can’t produce offspring, so what’s the point of being together? It goes against our instincts and our biology. Alphas that engage in sexual relations with the same sub-gender all deserved to die in the name of the Moon Goddess!” Dr. Lee snarled out. 

“That’s very narrow-minded of you, Dr. Lee. This law is very discriminatory and cruel. No one should die for loving the same gender. It’s inhumane, and you can’t force someone to love the opposite gender only because of your homophobia. The Alpha law should be abolished.” Mr. Kang stated. 

“I still think all Alphas who engaged in any type of sexual relationship with another Alpha should die!” Five-year-old Taehyung heard as he watched the news with his Omega Father and Alpha father. He didn’t understand much of what the people on the TV were saying, but he did know that someone was going to die. His Omega father had previously told him that when a person died, they would go to heaven and be next to the Moon Goddess, but only if they were a good person, but if not, their death was their punishment. 

“Father, why are they going to kill them? Aren’t they Alphas, just like you?” Taehyung asked, looking at his father with curiosity. 

“Taehyung, listen to me, and don’t you ever forget my words. People like them can’t live in this world alongside us, and they deserve to die. It’s what the Moon Goddess would want. It’s for the best.” 

“Why?” 

“Because an Alpha should never be with another Alpha. It’s against our nature. When you grow up, you will understand better. Just know that you are my strong and brave son, and you will marry a beautiful Omega just like I did, and they will provide you with many offspring.” 

“Oh…?” Taehyung questionably answered. He still wasn’t sure what his father meant by saying that an Alpha couldn’t be with another Alpha because it was against their nature, but as much as he tried to understand with his five-year-old mind, he brushed it off and kept watching the news. With widened eyes, he watched as the two adults argued for the next half an hour about why and why not the Alpha couple in question should get the death penalty.

The death of that Alpha couple caused a series of protests from non-conservative citizens, which lead to many riots and destruction of property. Citizens were furious as to why two innocent and productive citizens were killed, for a love that was not causing any harm to anyone. 

“ALPHAS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LOVE WHO THEY WANT!” 

“NO TO DISCRIMINATION!” 

Taehyung heard as he passed protestors on his way to preschool. His Omega father told him that they were crazy people who had nothing better to do, but if that was the case, why were they so angry?

The series of protests lead to the elimination of the Alpha law as the government was pressured by the outraged of the citizens. Most of the population was content with the law being taken out, as it violated many civil rights, but it didn’t stop those who still agreed with its discriminatory idea to discriminate and caused harm to those who were just trying to live peacefully with their loved ones. 

Society was not perfect, but the citizens thrived on creating a haven where anyone could love whoever they wanted and live in peace. 

—————-

Eleven years passed and Taehyung was finally a teenager, sixteen years old, and soon to present as an Alpha. He was excited to finally be an Alpha, as the doll he carried around when he was a pup determined it to be. Taehyung wanted to be just like his father, a robust and well-respected Alpha, and he couldn’t wait to make him proud. His best friend and childhood friend, Yoongi, already presented as an Omega a year ago, and his Alpha father was very excited when he heard the news, as he wanted Taehyung to be Yoongi’s mate. However, Taehyung wasn’t sure if he wanted his friend as his mate. True, he loved Yoongi with all his heart, but it wasn’t romantic, it was more platonic. Taehyung wanted to fall in love at first sight and not be forced to be together for the rest of his life by an arranged marriage with another Omega he didn't know, just to reproduce an offspring. What was the point of living if you just followed what other people told you to do? 

The day Taehyung presented as an Alpha was the worst day of his life, as he came to the realization that he wasn’t sexually attracted to Omegas nor Betas, his body only desired another Alpha. It was on a hot summer day, and he was on vacation from school. He spent most of his days hanging out with Yoongi or lazing around in his room, and it was on one of those lazy days when he was in his room watching TV when his rut started. His father had warned him that he might present soon as he had become more aggressive towards him and overprotective over his belongings. It was his Alpha instincts marking its territory and showing dominance over any other Alphas in the house. Even though he was scared of the processes of becoming an Alpha, he knew it was exactly what he wanted.

Taehyung crawled to his bed and laid fetal style as he felt the worst pain in his life. His body was aching like it was being ripped apart, while an intense heat lingered throughout his body. His Alpha father had previously told him that when he presented, that the best way to calm down the symptoms and aid with his rut was to have an Omega or a Beta present to take care of his needs, but he didn’t want that, something in his mind told him that it wasn't what his body desired. As he lay on his bed screaming in agony, he thought of Yoongi, the beautiful Omega friend with milky white skin, while trying to find his released, but nothing worked. Was he sick? Was he not going to present as an Alpha like the doll indicated? Why was he not satisfied by thinking of a beautiful Omega like Yoongi?

A series of memories flooded back in his mind, and he remembered the Alpha couple who were executed years ago. Then Taehyung thought, what if Yoongi was an alpha? Would another Alpha satisfied the Alpha within him? And with those thoughts, his body started to react by itself. Taehyung masturbated until he came, as he imagined having an Alpha’s knot inside of him, ripping him open. He imagined an Alpha was pinning him down to the ground and having his way with him. His body didn’t want an Omega nor a Beta, his body, just wanted another alpha. After three days of his rut, it finally came to an end but with the realization that he was not “normal” like his father wanted him to be. Taehyung knew his father was never going to accept him for who he was, so he kept it a secret. He only told Yoongi the truth, who accepted him with open arms and was his only source of support for the next two years. 

When Taehyung finally reached eighteen years of age and graduated from high school with a full scholarship to the college of his choice, he decided to tell his Alpha father and Omega father about his sexual preference. He was scared of telling them the truth, especially not knowing the reaction his father was going to have towards him once he knew. Taehyung had previously talked with Yoongi over the phone about his worries. The Omega was attending university in the same school he was accepted and was currently back home for summer break. Yoongi reassured him that he would be there to support him no matter what and in case anything happened. With the support of his childhood friend, Taehyung got the extra courage he needed to tell his parents about his sexual preference. So on their next family dinner, Taehyung decided to tell them the truth and hoped for the best. 

“Father. I have something very important to talk about,” he said during dinner. Taehyung noticed the confused expressions on his parent's face, and he wondered if they thought he was going to tell them the news of him finding an Omega mate because since he presented, his father had insisted that he needed to have a mate in ordered to expand his bloodline. 

“Sure, go ahead, son. What do you want to talk about?” his father asked, so he took a deep breath and continued. 

“Umm, father, what do you think about Alpha/Alpha relationships?” 

“WHAT!!? Alphas that chose to be with another Alpha are only polluting our society. They should all just die!” his father growled, and Taehyung’s heart broke into a million pieces. He hated how narrow-minded his father was and how submissive his Omega father acted, as he just stayed quiet and never voiced out his thoughts. 

“Why are you asking us, son?” His Omega father finally said, but before Taehyung could answer, he knew his father already figured out what he really wanted to say.   

“OH HELL NO! OUT OF THIS HOUSE YOU ABOMINATION OF EARTH! YOUR’E ONE OF THEM, RIGHT?! YOU ARE NO LONGER MY SON; YOU ARE DEAD TO ME. GET OUT OF MY FUCKING SIGHT, YOU FREAK,” his father yelled at him, kicking him out of the house. He was lucky Yoongi had warned him that one of the outcomes might be getting disowned, so Taehyung prepared a suitcase beforehand with all his important necessities and took it to Yoongi’s home. Taehyung was devastated that night, his father had rejected him and acted in such a horrendous manner, yet he felt liberated by acknowledging the truth about himself; Taehyung was an Alpha who loved only Alphas, and he couldn’t be any more proud of his sexuality. 

Two years have passed since he got kicked out of his house for being open about his sexuality, but he had never felt any regret by admitting the truth. He was on his way to meet Yoongi, at the university’s eatery called The Smeraldo cafe, when he saw the most beautiful, raven-haired Alpha he had ever seen. Maybe, just maybe, he finally found the love he had been seeking for all these years.

Notes:

Please let me know your thoughts on this chapter! Any constructive criticisms is welcomed!

I can’t wait to read your comments. 😊

Please look forward to the next chapter!

My Twitter: Kumasama92

Chapter 2: Omega’s Faith

Summary:

“Mom, dad...are you going to get the death penalty too? Just like that Alpha couple?” He asked.

Notes:

I’m finally back with a new chapter!! 😭😭😭

Like I mentioned before, the first three chapters are introductions for the three main characters which are Taehyung, Seokjin and Jungkook.

This is Seokjin’s introduction and I hope you all like it!

Please excuse any grammatical mistake as I tried my best to edit it and this is the end result.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Did your sub-gender define who you were allowed to love? Were social norms justifiable? What if you wanted to follow your inner wolf and fall in love with the opposite gender? But you were not allowed to do so?

Seokjin lived with his Omega mother and Omega father, who loved him and protected him at all costs because he was an only child. As a seven-year-old little boy, he never paid attention to the norms of society or that his parents were not the “normal” couple in the neighborhood. Seokjin was oblivious to the sharp stares their neighbors gave to his parents or him as they went to the supermarket, the park, or even to the community center in town. It was evident that as a little boy whose main focus was to play with his toys or play outside with his friends, none of these adult problems would affect him. However, young children learn their negative behaviors from what they see at home and applied them to their social interactions with other young children. 

“Hey, you freak! My mom told me you have an Omega mother and an Omega father, is it true?” Seokjin’s classmate asked him while they were playing in the playground during recess. 

“Yeah, they are both Omegas, is there a problem with it?” He replied Seokjin didn’t understand why his parents being both Omegas mattered. They were a happy couple who loved him very much, just like any other couple who had children. 

“Yeah, my mommy says that all the same sub-gender couples should all die. It’s sinful, and the Moon Goddess will punish them,” Seokjin heard his classmate say to him. He felt hurt; he felt anger. Why was his classmate insulting his parents? They were not hurting anyone, and they loved each other very much. 

“Not true! You’re lying. They love each other a lot, and there is no way the Moon Goddess will punish them for that!” He growled back, but it only made his classmate angry.

Seokjin was pushed to the ground, landing on his bottom, causing him to scraped the palm of his hands, which in result, made them slightly bleed. The pain in his hands was not as sharp as the pain in his heart. Why was his classmate being so mean to him? Why was his classmate so angry and saying hateful comments about his amazing parents? That day, seven-year-old Seokjin learned that Omegas were at the bottom of the chain, the lowest class in society. That his parents’ relationship was not accepted by everyone and that same sub-gender relationships existed, but most importantly, they were hated by society. 

Two days have passed since that incident at school, and Seokjin was watching TV with his parents when the show they were watching was abruptly interrupted. 

”Breaking News! Breaking News! Police have taken into custody an Alpha couple that was discovered living together for the last ten years. Their neighbors accused them of breaking the Alpha Law, which doesn’t permit any Alpha/Alpha relationship. Authorities have determined that this couple, whom we have yet to know their identities, will receive the maximum penalty, which is death.”

Seokjin heard as he worriedly looked at his parents because he knew they were a same sub-gender couple, and same-sex couples were just mentioned on TV. 

“Mom, dad. Are you going to get the death penalty too? Just like that, Alpha couple?” He asked, pointing at the TV.

“Of course not, sweetheart. True, we are a same sub-gender couple, but the Alpha law doesn’t apply to us, so we are safe.” 

“Oh…” he replied as he kept watching the news. 

“But how come only Alpha are being targeted by this law and not Omegas or Betas?”

“Well, Alphas are the backbone of our society. They are not meant to be submissive; that’s why we have Omegas and Betas. Besides, two Alphas can’t produce offspring, so what’s the point of being together? It goes against our instincts and our biology. Alphas that engage in sexual relations with the same sub-gender all deserved to die in the name of the Moon Goddess!” 

“Dad, if two Alphas can’t make a pup...can two Omegas make one? I mean, you two had me,” he continued to ask. 

“Jinnie, no same-gender couples can make a pup.”

“Then how come I was born, if you are both Omegas?” 

“Umm, you're too young to understand, but we just want you to know that you are our wonderful son, and we love you with all our heart.” His Omega father said to him, and Seokjin wasn’t sure what they meant, and he tried to understand as best as he could with his seven-year-old mind, but it was futile. He made a mental note to ask his parents when he was older, how he was born. That day, Seokjin learned that there were many secrets in life that he was not aware of.

————-

Eleven years passed, and Seokjin was finally an adult, eighteen years old. As happy as he should be for being a full adult in society, his life was upside down as he had yet to present as an Omega. His best friends and childhood friends, Hoseok and Namjoon, had already presented earlier in the year, and he was very happy for them. Namjoon was a Beta, and Hoseok was an Omega, and he couldn't wait to present as an Omega himself, as the doll he carried around when he was a pup indicated. He just wondered why it was taking a long time for it to happen. 

One night, his parents sat him down and explained to him the process of his presentation. What he should expect and what would happen to him, but most importantly, who he should ask for help. 

“Seokjin, when you present as an Omega, you will get your first heat,” his Omega mother said to him, but he already knew what to anticipate once he presented as an Omega. After all, he learned it in school during his Sex Ed class. 

“Yeah, I know.”

“And you also know that you will need to take care of the heat, right?” His Omega father added.

“Yeah, I know, and the best way to take care of it is with an Alpha. I’m already looking for the Alpha that will help me throughout my first heat,” he stated. Seokjin was excited to have an Alpha’s knot inside of him as he had read in many books that it brought both Alpha and Omega into a high of ecstasy, and he couldn’t wait to feel that sensation. 

“NO!” His Omega mother yelled, scaring him. 

“What? What do you mean no, isn’t that how it’s supposed to be fulfilled?”

“Seokjin, I forbid you to spend your first heat with an Alpha. For your first heat, I want another Omega to help you.” 

“But mother, an Alpha’s knot is the only way to help reduce my heat.” 

“No means, no! No son of mine will spend their heat with an Alpha.” 

“But why? Why can’t I?” He demanded to know. It was illogical to him to not spend a heat with an Alpha; he didn’t understand his parent's point of view. 

“Because...because Alphas are barbaric and they can’t control their hormones once they are near an Omega in heat.” 

“But mother.”

“No means no, an Omega will help you with your heat, and that’s final!” His Omega mother stated, and Seokjin was devastated. What was wrong with him spending his heat with an Alpha? Wasn't that how the law of nature supposed to be? True, he didn’t discriminate against his parents for being a same sub-gender couple, but in his heart, he wanted an Alpha and only an Alpha.

That day, Seokjin learned one of the deepest secrets his parents had been hiding from him for all these years. How was he convinced when both his parents were Omegas? Well, it was horrendous, his Omega mother was gang-raped by a pack of Alphas when she accidentally presented as an Omega and got her first heat when she was walking back home after school, and Seokjin’s reality about life couldn’t be any more devastating.

————

The day Seokjin presented as an Omega was the worst day of his life. He was in the backyard of his home, enjoying the summer sunshine when he felt an intense heat, a heat so unexplainable that he thought he was on fire. His lower abdomen started to cramp, and he felt like it was being ripped into a million pieces. Seokjin could feel slick pouring down between his thighs, which caused him to fall to the ground. Drenched in sweat and barely able to walk, he crawled back to the house where his Omega father was preparing dinner. 

“Jinnie! Your heat is here!” Seokjin vaguely heard as he tried his best to stay conscious. How come he wasn't able to notice his preheat? Or was it always so unpredictable when an Omega first presented? All these questions ran through his mind as he felt his body being lifted up into the air. After a few minutes of constant pain and more slick pouring out of him, he felt the soft surface of the bed, yet even the bedsheets didn’t take away the intense and burning heat he had within or the thirst for an Alpha. 

“Alpha please…” he whined, as he tried his best to become aware of his surroundings. The pain in his abdomen only got worse at the thought of an Alpha coming into his room and helping him throughout his heat. However, he had forgotten about his parent’s request, and after continually begging for an Alpha to help him, no one came. Seokjin felt awful for everything that had happened to his Omega mother when she was young and the truth about how he was conceived, but he wanted an Alpha, and what was wrong with that? The Omega within him was not going to be satisfied with multiple sex toys or by fingering himself until he came all over the sheets; the Omega within him would only find its release once he had an Alpha’s knot inside of him. With those thoughts in mind, Seokjin passed out. 

“Jinnie,” he heard a familiar voice called out to him as he regained consciousness. He noticed that the intense pain still lingered all throughout his body, and he was still drenched in sweat. 

“Hobi?” Seokjin asked, confused as to why was his best friend was there when he was in the middle of his heat and who also happened to be an Omega. Wouldn’t it triggered Hoseok’s heat also? 

“I’m here to help you; your mom asked me to assist you with your first heat.” 

“W-what?” He replied, when did his mother had the time arranged it, and why ask his best friend out of all people? His mother should have gotten Seokjin an Alpha instead, at least they would help him get rid of the burning sensation inside of him. 

“B-but Hobi, I want an Alpha, please,” he begged, but got no response. 

As his best friend, Hoseok, fucked him vigorously over and over again for the next few days, he never found his own release. Seokjin was never able to satisfy the Omega within him. Who only wanted an Alpha’s knot. 

That week, Seokjin learned the real meaning of the word heat; It was a torturing pain without an Alpha. That week he made a promise to himself, Seokjin was going to find a wonderful and caring Alpha, opposite from the bastards that hurt his Omega mother and prove to his parents and himself that there were kind and generous Alphas in the world. 

Four years have passed since his first heat; four years had passed since he made that promise to himself, and four years had he spent looking for an Alpha that would make him feel special and help him with his heat but with no luck; As no Alpha wanted any relationship with him when he looked so masculine and intimidating than most of them. With his broad shoulders that made him looked like an Alpha and his out of the average height, which made him taller than most of them, Seokjin scared all the Alphas away. He was the complete opposite of an Omega.

As he walked to the university’s eatery called the Smeraldo Cafe to meet Hoseok and Namjoon, he bumped into the firm chest of an Alpha.

“Hi there beautiful Omega, what’s your name?” The Alpha asked him. 

“Seokjin...” he nervously answered.

“Beautiful name just like it’s owner. My name is Kang Daniel. Nice to meet you.” The alpha said to him, making him blush. No one had ever called him beautiful before or known from the getgo that he was an Omega. Maybe, just maybe his dream of finding a kind and wonderful Alpha was going to come true. After all, not all Alpha were horrible beast like his parents described them to be. Right?

Notes:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

I look forward to reading your comments!!

Please look forward to the next chapter (which will be Jungkook’s introduction)

My Twitter:Kumasama92

Chapter 3: Pandora’s Box

Summary:

“Minnie, no fair! How were you able to make your castle so much better than mine?” Jungkook whined, puffing his cheeks and crossing his arms in anger.

Notes:

I’m so happy to finally be able to post a new chapter!!

This is the last main character introduction chapter and to make everyone clear of everyone’s age, sub-gender and family dynamics, I’ll do a short character info for next chapter and then we’ll start the story.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The meaning of the word family, according to the dictionary, was a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household. The definition was gender-neutral. However, society had other plans and used it as a method to enforce their narrow-minded views on citizens. Therefore, family became a group consisting of Alpha/Omega parents (or Alpha/Beta in some cases) and their children living together in a household. Was it morally correct? Was it justifiable? Absolutely not, it was pure discrimination against same-sex couples, but political figures enforced those views on their citizens to keep their power in place. Society was not fair, but citizens lived their lives to the fullest, in order to fulfill their dreams. 

Six-year-old Jungkook was playing with his best friend, Jimin or Minnie as he called him in the sandbox located in the backyard of his house. His family consisted of his Alpha mother and Alpha father, and they were his world, the cause of his happiness. Yet, Jungkook and Jimin’s parents had warned the two young boys to not disclose their family dynamics to anyone, even if they seemed like a trustworthy person. The two young pups weren’t sure why or what would happen if they told anyone about Jungkook’s parents, but as good and obedient children, they complied with their parents’ commands. 

“Kookie, look, I made a sandcastle!” Jimin excitingly said to him. However, Jungkook was upset because compared to his disfigured and flatten sandcastle, Jimin’s was symmetrical, tall, and very detailed. 

“Minnie, no fair! How were you able to make your castle so much better than mine?” Jungkook whined, puffing his cheeks and crossing his arms in anger. Jungkook wanted to make a pretty sandcastle so he could show it off to his parents; He wanted to see the warm smile on his Alpha mother’s beautiful face and the proud look of his Alpha father masculine one. 

“I can help you make one like mine if you want? So we can show it to our parents when they come to get us for dinner?” 

“Really?!” Jungkook eagerly asked.

“Of course! Hand me the shovel; we’ll make the bestest sandcastle in the whole wide world!” 

“Yaay!” Jungkook squealed, getting up from the spot he was sitting on and walking towards Jimin, with a small blue shovel in one hand. He wanted to please his parents, so he was determined, with the help of Minnie, to make the best sandcastle in the universe. 

Two hours passed, and Jungkook and Minnie created the most amazing sandcastle they had ever seen. It had two towers that were connected by a small bridge, and at the bottom, it had an empty room where they had placed small figures that represented their family. Jungkook felt proud of himself; he felt like he was a fantastic artist who made his parents happy with his creations. 

“Kookie! Minnie! Time for dinner!” Jungkook’s mother called out, and he knew it was time to show off his masterpiece. 

“Ready?” Minnie asked him, and he nodded in agreement. Jungkook was ready to show off his hard work and for his parents to praise him, validating that he was a good boy. 

Once they got to the door, Jungkook noticed that Minnie’s parents and his Alpha father were talking about serious business as they all had displeased expressions and looked very stressed out, as well as the distressed Alpha scent that lingered in the air, but as a young child, Jungkook wasn’t aware of the dangers of the world. 

“Daddy! After dinner, I want to show you something amazing,” he squealed in delight, as he approached his father with sparkles in his eyes. 

“Of course, sweetheart. I can’t wait for the surprise,” his father said to him, patting his head. Jungkook was happy to receive so much love from his parents that he knew he was the luckiest boy in the world. He proceeded to sit down next to Minnie, who looked as excited as him for dinner to be over and show their parents the amazing sandcastles they had made. Jungkook loved his family, and he couldn't have asked for a better one. 

Happiness, the state of being happy. Only because a person had a family, it didn’t guarantee happiness. Sometimes happiness was temporary, and it crashed down in an instant, only leaving sorrow and despair. 

The next day, after Jungkook and Minnie displayed their amazing sandcastles to their parents, Jungkook woke up with a high fever. He got up from his bed as best as he could and ignored the pain in his body because Jungkook needed to go to school, it was show and tell, and he really wanted to share his latest family vacation photos he had taken with his parents and Minnie, with all of his classmates. Jungkook hadn’t told his parents about his plan to share their family vacation photos with his class, as he knew they would never allow it. Jungkook always wondered why he was never able to tell his friends, besides Minnie, about his parents; it made him sad, and it confused him because he had terrific parents and wanted to tell the whole world about it. Nevertheless, he was determined to go to school no matter what, so he placed a cooling pad on his forehead to make him feel better because he remembered his Alpha mother always did that to him when he had a fever, so he knew it was going to work. Once he saw that his cheeks were no longer rosy pink and his Alpha mother would not notice his sickness, he walked out of his room and joined his parents for breakfast; not before placing the photo he wanted to showcase inside his backpack.

As Jungkook got inside the classroom, he noticed that Minnie was absent, maybe he got sick too? He hoped not because he didn’t want to spend all day by himself; after all, Minnie was his only friend. However, class started, and Minnie never showed up; maybe he should have stayed home too. It was no fun without Minnie. 

“Okay, class! Today we are doing a show and tell, so who wants to go first?” Mrs. Kang interrupted his thoughts and brought to his attention the reason why he decided to go to school even though he was sick. Jungkook was ready to show off his amazing vacation with his parents, and maybe after he shared his story, he could excuse himself to the nurse's office and call his parents so he could go home. After all, he was not feeling well. 

“Me!” He yelled, raising his hand as high as possible, showing his eagerness. 

“Oh Jungkook, that’s very unusual, you always try to go last but okay. You can go first today.” 

“Yaay,” he said to himself, happy to go first. 

As he walked to the front of the classroom, he started to feel nervous, but he took a deep breath and prepared himself to talk about his amazing family. 

“So, what do you have to show us today?” Mrs. Kang asked, encouraging him to speak up. 

“Today, I wanted to share the vacation I took with my family.” Jungkook started to say, taking out the picture he took with his parents and Minnie on their trip to America, more specifically New York City. Jungkook heard the gasps and wow sounds his classmates let out, envying him on his overseas trip, so he continued to speak. 

“This is my Alpha mother, and this is my Alpha father; I love them with all my heart. Of course, Minnie went with us since he is my bestest friend,” Jungkook proudly say to the class, not noticing the serious expression of Mrs. Kang after he exposed the dynamics of his family. 

“Alpha mother and Alpha father?” Mrs. Kang asked Jungkook to confirm. 

“Yeah!” He innocently answered. 

What happened afterward was a blur for Jungkook, one minute, he was in the principal's office waiting for his parents to come pick him up, and the next he was in Minnie’s room curled up in bed with his best friend, watching the news in horror.

Breaking News! Breaking News! Police have taken into custody an Alpha couple that was discovered living together for the last ten years. Their neighbors accused them of breaking the Alpha Law, which doesn’t permit any Alpha/Alpha relationship. Authorities have determined that this couple, whom we have yet to know their identities, will receive the maximum penalty, which is death.  

“Mommy! Daddy!” Jungkook yelled at the TV as he saw his parents being cuffed by a policeman. 

“It’s all my fault,” he continued to whimper, hugging Minnie like his life depended on it. 

“No, Kookie, my daddy said it wasn’t your fault.” 

“But the news people are lying, Minnie. I was the one who told the truth and broke the promise. It was no neighbors. Now mommy and daddy are going to die...because of me!” He wailed in the embrace of Minnie, who didn’t leave his side. That day Jungkook learned the definition of the word despair, the complete loss or absence of hope because, without his parents, there was no reason for him to be happy anymore. 

————

Eleven years have passed since his mistake, and Jungkook had never forgiven himself for being the cause of his parents’ death. Even after the Alpha Law was abolished, due to his parents' sacrifice, he was left defenseless in a selfish and cruel world. If it weren’t for Minnie’s parents who took Jungkook to their home and raised him as their own child, thanks to the quick thinking of his parents who gave Minnie’s parents guardianship of Jungkook, in case anything happened to them, he would have ended up in an orphanage. Jungkook will forever be grateful towards Minnie and his parents, who accepted him with open arms even though he was the cause of his parents' death, and he deserved to go to jail. 

Jungkook was now eighteen years old and soon to present as an Omega, just like the doll he carried around when he was a pup indicted. His dream was to marry a gentle Alpha, just like his father. However, life was cruel and wanted him to suffer because when he presented as an Alpha, to everyone’s surprise, he knew he was just like his parents. Jungkook was not sexually attracted to Omegas; even if he had a gorgeous Omega friend like Minnie, who was the most beautiful and caring person he had ever seen, he never felt any attraction. Yet, in the back of his mind, he remembered the cruel fate his parents had to face due to their forbidden love, and even if the Alpha Law was no longer active, he was still scared, so he suppressed his sexuality and hope for the best. The only people who knew he was attractive to Alphas was Minnie’s parents and Minnie, who accepted him with open arms. 

Two years passed, and he was now in university. Throughout the years, he forced himself to go out with Omegas to suppress his most profound desire of being with an Alpha. However, he had a feeling his charade was not going to last very long, and his deepest secret would come to light. 

Jungkook was on his way to meet Minnie at the university’s eatery called Smeraldo cafe when a strong scent of Pine trees hit his nostrils; It was so intoxicating that Jungkook thought he was going to pass out, but as he turned around and came face to face with the most beautiful man he’d ever seen, he knew from the bottom of his heart that the man in front of him was none other than, his Alpha… 

Notes:

I hope you liked this chapter!

Was anyone surprised by Jungkook’s background story?

I look forward to reading your comments!

My Twitter: Kumasama92

Chapter 4: Character(s) Introduction

Summary:

A little more information about each character before we start with the main plot.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Warning ⚠️ Profile information may contain spoilers! 
—————-

Taehyung (Alpha)

Scent: Pine trees  

Age:19

Sophomore Year in University

Childhood Friend: Yoongi (Omega) -Age 20 Scent: Cotton Candy

 

Seokjin (Omega)

Scent: Freshly cut Strawberries 

Age:21

Senior Year in University

Childhood Friends: Hoseok (Omega)-Age 21 and Namjoon (Beta/Alpha)-Age 20 /Alpha Scent: Herbal Plants 

 

Jungkook (Alpha)

Scent: Lemongrass 

Age:19

Sophomore Yeah in University

Childhood Friend: Jimin (Omega)-Age 19- Scent: Vanilla 

 

—————-

University Name: Seoul National University

 

Major(s) in University

 

Taehyung: Photography

Wants to become a famous photographer and travel the world.

 

Seokjin: Film/Cinema/Video Studies

Wants to become an actor and will defy all odds to achieve his dream, even if he had to face discrimination for being an Omega in a industry dominated by Alphas.

 

Jungkook: Athletic Trainer

Wants to become a trainer for athletes; specifically for boxers.

 

Yoongi: Music Production

Wants to become a famous music composer. Music was his passion and will do anything to achieve it, even if he had to face discrimination for being a Omega.

 

Namjoon: Music Production

Wants to become a music composer just like his father; with connections in the music industry, it should be easy for him to get a stable job after graduating from university.

 

Jimin: Dance Choreography

Wants to become a children’s choreographer and open up his own dance studio; even if the odds of opening a dance studio because he was an omega were very slim, he will push forward until he achieves his dream.

 

Hoseok: Dance Choreography

Wants to become a famous Choreographer in an industry dominated by Alphas.

 

—————-

Living Arrangements

 

Taehyung/Yoongi: Roommates

Two bedroom apartment and both work Part-Time at a local restaurant.

 

Seokjin/Hoseok : Roommates

Two bedrooms apartment. Seokjin works as a Math tutor (even though he hates it) and Hoseok as a dance teacher assistant.

 

Namjoon: Lives by himself

One bedroom apartment. An intern at his father’s job. Namjoon wants to move in with Seokijn and Hoseok since he spends more of his days in their apartment.

 

Jungkook/Jimin: Roommates

Two bedroom apartment. Jungkook works at the university’s gym. Jimin as an dance teacher assistant (same place as Hoseok).

 

—————

Side Characters

Kang Daniel (Alpha: Age 20): Freshly Cut Grass

Kang Yuna (Daniel’s twin sister) Alpha: Age 20  - Scent: Freshly Cut Grass 

Byul (Omega) Jungkook’s ex-girlfriend: Age 21

————-

Author’s Notes

Hi everyone! I wanted to start by saying thank you for all the nice comments I’ve received so far. I really appreciate! 💜 There are a few things I want to talk about before I start writing this fanfic. 

1. I will be updating the tags as the story progresses. I have a lot of surprises and I don’t want to spoil them with the tags. 

2. If you are new to my writing style (and fanfics) I just want to say that I tend to write angst AND I’m very realistic about sensitive topics (ex. loss of a family member) I don’t sugarcoat it, so it’s like you’re living through that person’s suffering. This fanfic won’t be only angst but I just want to say it cause there will be certain chapters where it will sad to read. 

3. I like to leave clues/ hints in my writing for future events (drama) so keep that in mind cause a simple hair pin or like in my other ongoing fanfic, a Mario plushie, played a big role in the story. Lol

4. Updates may be slow for this fanfic since I have another ongoing fanfic at the moment and unfortunately I’m not very good at multitasking. Plus I like to update regularly and I can’t do that for both fanfic (it’ll drain me and I don’t want that). I like to dedicate my time to my stories and write something I’m proud off. 

5. I love to get feedback on my writing and storyline so don’t feel shy to leave a comment with your constructive criticism. It helps me grow as a writer! Of course, I appreciate any type of comment but I especially love when readers write theories of what will happen next cause it’s so much fun to read them. 

Thank you for all your support and please look forward to the next chapter!! 

Notes:

My Twitter: Kumasama92

Chapter 5: Encounters

Summary:

As the smell of freshly cut grass filled his nostrils, Seokjin knew he had bumped into an Alpha.

Notes:

I’m so happy to finally post the first official chapter of this fanfic! I have so many ideas for this fanfic and I can’t wait to write them.

Please enjoy the chapter! 😊💜💜

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung knew he was in love with the raven-haired Alpha as soon as their eyes met. His heart skipped a beat, and his chest tightened as the tall and beautiful Alpha smiled at him, and as best as he could, he smiled back. Was Taehyung in love? Probably. Were all those years of suffering, by not meeting the Alpha that made his body trembled in happiness, over? He hoped so. A chilling sensation ran through his spine as the scent of Lemongrass made his body feel light as if it was floating in the air, and he didn’t want to come down. It was intoxicating, it was arousing, but most importantly, it was the spark that he was looking for. 

Taehyung was frozen on the spot as if his shoes were glued to the ground. He wanted to move forward, he wanted to ask the Alpha’s name or even asked him out on a date. However, his body didn’t budge, and he hated himself for being such a coward because the Alpha of his dreams was getting away. To his misfortune, the Alpha indeed walked away from the cafe, with a small and beautiful Omega, who he hoped was not their mate. Taehyung just stood there, in the middle of the cafe’s front entrance, looking like a fool for not taking the initiative to approach his future Alpha. With disappointment in his heart, he forced himself to enter the cafe where he knew Yoongi was waiting for him.

After scanning the cafe for a blond-haired Omega, he spotted his sweet but sometimes grumpy, childhood friend. 

“Hey, Yoongi.” Taehyung sighed in disappointment as he pulled out a chair and sat down across from Yoongi. 

“You’re late!” Yoongi snarled out, looking up from his textbooks and glaring at him. Taehyung didn’t have time for any bickering with his childhood friend because he was more devastated by the fact that he let the Alpha of his dreams get away. 

“I know...sorry” 

“Are you okay? What happened? It’s not like you to not have a comeback and admit defeat. Did someone bother you again? Tell me! I’ll go beat the shit out of them!” Yoongi bombarded him with questions. 

“It’s not like that. I-I...I just met the one…”

“The one?” 

“Yes, Yoongi, the one. My Alpha,” Taehyung excitingly said, smiling ear to ear. 

“Oh…” 

“That’s all you have to say? ‘oh’ when your best friend just met the love of his life?” 

“Sorry. Sorry. I just don’t know what to say. You’re always telling me you met the Alpha of your dreams, but they never go beyond a simple crush.” 

“Well, this is different...I could feel it in my bones. He is the one for me. He’s my Alpha. Yoongi! He’s so gorgeous,” Taehyung squealed. 

“I bet he is. You only fall for hot Alphas.” 

“Shut up! Looks aren't everything to me, and it’s not my fault that I keep falling for extremely hot guys.” He sassed, pretending to be annoyed. Despite his grumpy appearance, Yoongi was a super friendly person who had always been by his side through the good and bad times, so Taehyung knew there were no ill intentions behind the words his friend was saying to him.

“Whatever. Did you at least get his number?” Yoongi asked him, and Taehyung shook his head side to side, confirming his cowardliness. 

“Oh...Y-you…” Yoongi tried to say, holding back a burst of laughter. 

“I know. I’m a coward.” 

“N-no, you are not. You are just a scary-cat who can’t even get the number of his so-called ‘love of his life.’” Yoongi snickered, and Taehyung agreed with his friend. He was a big baby for not being able to face his Alpha and ask for his number or at least a date. Now, he wasn’t sure if he’d ever see the raven-haired Alpha ever again. 

“I know, stop rubbing it in.” He said, looking down in shame. 

“Sorry, sorry. It’s just that for someone who is excited about finding the love of his life, you are a big coward. Don’t worry; I’m sure if you two are meant to be together, you’ll run into each other. This campus is not that big, so you never know.” 

“Really? You think so?” Taehyung perked up, maybe Yoongi was right. Hopefully, this was not the end of his one-sided crush. 

“I hope you’re right, but anyways, how are classes going? Did you ever find a partner for that project you were talking about?” Taehyung shifted the conversation; he didn’t want to dwell on his pathetic love life. 

“Oh yes, I found a partner today. His name is Namjoon, a Beta and super-smart.”

“Nice!” 

“I know, hopefully, he’ll take me seriously, or I will curse him out. I don’t want the same situation as last time to happen again.” Yoongi sighed and looked at him with sadness in his eyes. Taehyung really looked up to Yoongi; he was his role model for being so determined to achieve his dream of becoming a music producer, despite all the unfairness his friend had to face for being an Omega. It was not fair that such a wonderful person had to face many difficulties because of his sub-gender. Taehyung didn’t want to witness the devastating consequences of Yoongi crying for hours because an Alpha stole his demos and acted like they had composed them. Yet, by being an Omega, none of the administrators of the university believed Yoongi, and instead, sided with the Alpha who stole his work. Taehyung hoped that this new Beta partner was not a jerk and treated his best friend with respect, or he’d do everything in his power to bring justice to his friend. 

“If anything happens, let me know. I’ll beat them up for you.” Taehyung stated. 

“You know I’ll take care of them, way before you show up.” 

“I know, but please be careful and let me know. I get worried because I know you won’t back down.” 

“Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.” 

“So, when you are you meeting this Namjoon guy?” Taehyung asked, trying to get rid of the tense atmosphere. 

“Actually, tonight.” 

“Wow! Already?” 

“Yeah, Namjoon told me he already had some ideas, so the sooner, the better.” 

“I see. Want me to pick you up after I get out of work? I don’t want you to walk back home by yourself.” 

“Yeah, that would be great! Thanks!” Yoongi answered, and with that, their conversation shifted to meaningless gossip and more bickering, until it was time for Yoongi to go to his next class and for Taehyung to go to work. 

Working at a restaurant was not easy, but Taehyung managed to get through the stressful atmosphere. Being a waiter was not his ideal job, but it paid for rent and necessities. Plus, Yoongi also worked part-time at the same restaurant, even though their schedules never matched up. With the little money Yoongi’s parents provided them with, they were able to live in an apartment with two bedrooms. However, it was still necessary for them to work whenever they didn’t have classes to make up for the rest of the money that they needed to survive. Life was not easy since his parents disowned him because of his sexual preference, but he didn’t care, he was happy and surrounded by the people he loved. 

Work went by in the blink of an eye, and after working all night long, he was finally on his way back to the campus to pick Yoongi. It was one in the morning, so he knew it was not safe for an unmated Omega to walk alone in the streets. As much as he trusted Yoongi to defend himself from Alphas and Betas, Taehyung wanted to take any precautions and not put his closest friend and family in any danger. After fifteen minutes of driving, he finally reached the campus’ parking lot and decided to text Yoongi to inform him of his arrival. 

Taehyung: I’m here.

Yoongi: Okay. Be right there. 

Yoongi: Oh, can you give Namjoon and his friends a ride home? Their car broke down, and they have no way of getting back.

Taehyung: Yeah, that’s fine. I’ll wait for you guys, so hurry up. I’m freezing out here!

Yoongi: Tae, it’s the middle of summer…

Taehyung: Then I’m melting out here, so hurry up!! Or I’m leaving you all! 

Yoongi: sheesh, you’re so impatient. We’ll be there in five minutes. 

Taehyung: Okay. 

Yoongi was right; Taehyung was an impatient person, but who could blame him? He was tired and wanted to go home and sleep. As he browsed through his phone for the next five minutes, he noticed four figures approaching him. 

Finally! Taehyung thought to himself. 

“Hey, Tae,” Yoongi greeted him with a weak smile. 

“This is Namjoon, my partner for the project I told you about.” Yoongi introduced him to a very tall and handsome Beta. 

“Hi, I’m Taehyung, Yoongi’s childhood friend, Nice to meet you.” Taehyung introduced himself and extended his arm for a handshake. 

“Nice to meet you. Yoongi talks about you all the time,” Namjoon replied, giving him a dimpled smile. Taehyung was curious about the Beta since Yoongi rarely opened up to others in such a short amount of time. Since a lot of people were scared of Yoongi, due to his cold and distance aura, he didn’t have a lot of friends; so for someone to already make Yoongi open up to reveal his real personality, it really perked up Taehyung’s interest. 

“And this is Hoseok, Namjoon’s childhood friend.” Yoongi continued. Taehyung extended his arm once again and shook Hoseok’s hand. Immediately, the sweet smell of vanilla penetrated his nostrils. Hoseok was an Omega and Namjoon’s childhood friend. No wonder Yoongi felt at ease with the Beta. 

“And this is Jimin. Hoseok’s coworker.” Yoongi added, and Taehyung’s eyes widened in shock. This Jimin person who was standing right in front of him was the same beautiful Omega that left with the Alpha of his dreams earlier today. Maybe this was a sign from the Moon Goddess. Maybe the raven-haired Alpha was indeed his one and only destined mate. 

“N-nice to meet you,” Taehyung stuttered as he shook Jimin’s hand. Taehyung quivered at the realization that if he became friends with Jimin, there was a high chance that he’d see the Alpha once again. Hopefully, destiny was on his side, and the attraction he felt towards the raven-haired Alpha was reciprocated. 

—————

Once the smell of freshly cut grass filled his nostrils, Seokjin knew he had bumped into an Alpha. He was always wary of encounters with other Alphas since his physical appearance made him look like one. If it wasn’t for Namjoon who had always protected him from any Alphas and sometimes even Betas, who tried to pick a fight with him, Seokjin didn't know what would have happened to him all these years of being mistaken for an Alpha.

“The Moon Goddess really loves me. To bring me such a beautiful Omega into my arms is really an honor. What's your name, beautiful Omega?” The Alpha asked, reaching out and running a finger down Seokjin’s cheek, in a soft caress that increased his pulse. 

“Seokjin...” he nervously answered, averting his eyes.

“Beautiful name, just like it’s owner. My name is Kang Daniel. Nice to meet you.” The alpha said to him, making him blush. Seokjin had never been so nervous in his life. Was this what people called love at first sight? He hoped so because the Alpha was making his body surrender in submission. 

“Here, let me give you my number. We should go on a date.” Daniel boldly told him, and Seokjin complied. He wanted to be around the Alpha, just the idea of being called his Omega made his body throbbed in excitement. 

Seokjin handed the Alpha his phone, and they exchanged numbers. As he grabbed his phone back, Seokjin used both of his hands to hold the lightweight cell phone, as if it were the most delicate creature in the world. 

“Okay, I’ll text you later, Seokjin,” Daniel said and winked at him. He stupidly nodded in agreement as the Alpha left him standing in the middle of the sidewalk, motionless. 

“Wow,” Seokjin whispered to himself shoving  his phone back inside his bag and started to walk to the Smeraldo cafe, where he was supposed to meet with Hoseok and Namjoon for lunch fifteen minutes ago. 

“You’re late!” Hoseok scolded him as he sat down on the chair. Yeah, he was over twenty minutes late but for a good reason. Today he met his Alpha, the Alpha of his dreams. 

“Sorry.” Seokjin exhaustedly replied, gasping for air. He knew he was late for their meetup, so he ran to the cafe in hopes of getting to his destination as soon as possible, but it was in vain. 

“It’s okay; it’s not like you were an hour late like someone with a baseball hat, who is sitting right next to me.” Namjoon cheekily said, looking at Hoseok, who only glared back at him. 

“Hey! I’m not always late.” 

“Yes, you are! Stop lying to yourself,” Seokjin smugly replied. 

“Whatever,” Hosoek huffed and crossed his arms in disagreement. Even though their bickering was over small details, like being late, Seokjin knew Hoseok was not angry at all. It was all a show to express his concerned feeling towards him. 

“Anyways, something amazing happened today!” 

“Did you finally won the lottery?!” Hoseok sarcastically interrupted. 

“I wish, but no, that’s not what happened,” He answered, giggling at his childhood friend’s comment. 

“So, what happened to our lovely Jinnie?” Namjoon continued to ask. 

“I met an Alpha. The Alpha!” Seokjin squealed, smiling ear to ear. 

“Oh,” Namjoon and Hoseok gasped in unison and looked at each other with a concerned expression. 

“What?! What’s the problem? Why is me finally finding an Alpha so shocking?” 

“No, it’s not like that, and you know it. It’s just that all the Alphas that have approached you...well, you know, it never worked out.” Namjoon stated. 

“Exactly! Are you sure he doesn’t have any ill intentions?” Hoseok added. 

“I don’t know. I just met him today, on my way here. That’s why I was late. We even exchanged numbers, and he asked me out on a date.” 

“Just be careful, Jinnie. We don’t want you to get hurt, and if anything happens, tell us, okay?” Hoseok said to him, and Seokjin appreciated the sentiment. Seokjin was happy to have two best friends who cared so much about his well-being and were willing to risk it all to see him happy. 

“So how was the meeting last night, with your new partner for that project you told me about?” Seokjin asked Namjoon.  

“It was amazing. He’s a genius! I’ve never met someone like him before!” 

“Really?”

“Yup, Hobi met him too. He came to pick me up, but the car broke down, so Yoongi’s childhood friend gave us a ride home.” 

“He’s so cool! I thought he was an Alpha at first glance because of his intimidating aura, but he’s an Omega like us.” Hoseok informed him.

“Wow. He must be amazing if he’s getting praised by the two of you. I can’t wait to meet him.” 

“I’m sure you’ll like him. He invited us to an underground club this Saturday. Want to go with us?” 

“Of course, I’d love to go. I can’t wait!” 

“Should I invite Jimin?” Seokjin heard Hoseok asked Namjoon. He wasn’t sure who this Jimin person was, but knowing Hoseok, he must be a good person. 

“Yeah, why not. The more people go with us, the better. It’ll be fun to make new friends,” Namjoon replied, and with that conversation, the three of them enjoyed their lunch until it was time for their next class. 

Two days passed in a blink of an eye, and Seokjin never got a text from Daniel. He didn’t want to be seen as a desperate person, but if he wanted to know where this new encounter would lead him to, he needed to take the initiative and text the Alpha first. 

Seokjin: Hey! This is Seokjin; we met a few days ago. Is the date you offer me still available? 

Daniel: What a pleasant surprise! It’s the beautiful Omega. Of course, sweetie, the date is still available. How about this Saturday? 

Seokjin remembered that he had plans with his best friends on Saturday, but he decided to agree to the date. He would just deal with a whiny Hoseok and Namjoon later.

Seokjin: Saturday sounds great! I can’t wait! Where do you want to go? 

Daniel: How about dinner at my house. My sister is going out with some friends on Saturday so we’ll have the apartment all to ourselves. 

Seokjin: That sounds great! Should we watch a movie? 

Daniel: Anything you want, my lovely Omega ☺️

Seokjin: Yaay! I can’t wait for Saturday! 

Daniel: Me, either. Talk to you later. My class is about to start. 

Seokjin: Okay, See ya! 

Seokjin was beaming with excitement as he held his phone against his chest. He couldn’t wait for Saturday to approach, but first, he needed to let his two friends know that he couldn't go to the club anymore as they all had planned.

Later that day, Seokjin was having dinner with Namjoon and Hoseok. It was pizza night, and everyone was in a good mood, so he prepared his heart to tell them the great news of his date. 

“Guess who has a date this Saturday?” Seokjin interrupted their dinner. 

“No way! He asked you out already?” Hoseok dramatically squealed in delight. Seokjin wasn’t sure if Hoseok was being sarcastic or not, but he decided to play along. 

“Yes!! He wants to have dinner and then a movie!” 

“That’s nice,” Namjoon added, taking a bite of his slice of pizza. 

“What movie are you watching? It’s been such a long time since we went to the movies. I’m not even sure what is out anymore,” Hoseok asked. 

“Umm, we are not going to the movies.” 

“Huh? I’m confused. Didn’t you just say he asked you out for dinner and a movie?” 

“Yeah, but he invited me over to his house to watch a movie, plus have dinner.” Seokjin shyly confirmed, looking down and playing with the hem of his shorts. 

“Are you crazy, Seokjin!!??” Namjoon shouted, making him flinch. Seokjin knew the risks of going over an Alpha’s house; he especially knew it was dumb of him to go to an Alpha’s home on the first date, but he had a good feeling about Daniel, and he didn’t want to waste the opportunity of dating an Alpha who could potentially help him through his heat. 

“Do you know how dangerous it is for an unmated Omega to go to an Alpha’s house? You just met him like two days ago. Are you crazy?!” 

“But Joonie...I like him.” 

“Why does your first date have to be at his house? Can’t you just go to an actual restaurant and movie theater? It’s safer.” 

“Umm, he said that his sister wouldn’t be home that day, and we can have the house all to ourselves. I don’t see the problem.” 

“I—-Hobi, please help me out! Why are you being quiet all of a sudden?” Namjoon begged, looking at Hoseok with pleading eyes. Yet, there was no need to convince their friend as Hoseok had a very serious expression on his face. Shit, Hobi was pissed, and Seokjin knew he was going to get a scolding. 

“Jinnie! I know how stubborn you are once you make up your mind, so I know there is no way we can convince you not to go on that date. Even though you know it’s risky but—“ 

“This is not the help I wanted, Hobi!” Namjoon interrupted but remained quiet when Hoseok glared at him. Seokjin just gulped in fear, mentally preparing himself because it was never a good sign once Hoseok got angry. 

“Like I was saying. I know there is no way to convince you not to go on that date, but I want you to promise me that you will message us the full name of that Alpha and his address. Also, as soon as you meet up with that guy, text us, and I know I’m going to sound like I’m your mom, but every hour I want you to text us an “S’, that will stand for Safe and if anything happens or you feel uncomfortable send us an ‘H,’ which stands for Help, and we'll come get you as soon as possible. Understood!” 

“But Hoseok, why are you letting him go. It’s dangerous.” Namjoon explained. 

“End of conversation, Joon. You know Seokjin is very stubborn, so this is the best solution I could think of. And you, Seokjin! Do I make myself clear!” 

“Yes, Hobi. I understand, thank you.” Seokjin shamefully said, he knew the risks of going over an Alpha’s house were high and could go totally wrong, but he was so grateful for his two amazing friends, who were worried about him. Seokjin wasn’t sure how his date with Daniel was going to turn out, but he prayed to the Moon Goddess that everything would be alright. 

Notes:

For the first chapter, it’s not so bad lol

Let me know your thoughts and theories on what’s going to happen.

I look forward to reading you comments!

My Twitter: Kumasama92

Chapter 6: Our First Date

Summary:

“Taehyung...” Jungkook whined, trying to break free but it was in vain. He felt Taehyung nuzzling on his scent gland, making his body quiver in excitement.

Notes:

WARNING ⚠️ SUICIDAL THOUGHTS IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE CHAPTER THAT MAY TRIGGER SOME READERS!!

I’m back with another chapter!!

First, I would like to thank @Polymorphic_Potato for Beta reading this chapter!

I’m happy that I was able to convey all the emotions I wanted in this chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it as much I enjoyed writing it.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Euphoria: a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness. To Jungkook, his parents were his happiness, his excitement and as he drifted off to sleep after a long day at work and dealing with the stress that came with an adult life, he wished to turn back time to the moment when he lived with his two parents in a warm and peaceful home, and who showered him with love. 

“Mommy! Mommy! Can you read me a bedtime story?” Six-year-old Jungkook excitedly asked, while his mom tucked him under the comforter. It was a rainy and stormy night, and Jungkook was feeling jittery because he hated the sound of thunder, so to help him fall asleep on such a horrible night, he asked his mom to read him a bedtime story, in hopes of her soothing voice lulling him to sleep. 

“Of course, sweetheart. Which story would you like me to read?” 

“Hmm, I got it! I want you to read me the Little Mermaid!” 

“Oh, excellent choice,” his mom said to him, walking to the bookshelf and picking out a red and blue book, which he immediately knew it contained the story he eagerly wanted to hear. The little mermaid had become one of his favorite bedtime stories for the past few weeks since the bravery of Princess Ariel really fascinated him. How could someone sacrifice their voice and legs to be with the love of their life? Jungkook was just happy that Prince Eric was able to recognize Ariel’s voice as the person who saved him, and not fall for Vanessa’s trick before it was too late.  

“Ready?” Jungkook’s mom asked him, and he nodded in agreement, pulling the blanket closer to his neck and making himself comfortable. 

“Deep beneath the sea lived a little mermaid named Ariel. She loved exploring her underwater home with her friend flounder but dreamed of living on land as a human,” his mom began to read. Jungkook could relate to Ariel in some aspects because he wished he could tell everyone about his Alpha parents, but he knew it was never going to come true, due to his parents strictly forbidden him from speaking about their family’s dynamics. 

“Ariel’s father was King Triton, ruler of the sea. He thought humans were dangerous, and when he learned that Ariel had been to the surface, he forbade her to ever go again! Then he asked Sebastian the crab to keep an eye on her.” Jungkook’s mother continued to read. 

“Mommy, why are the humans dangerous?” 

“Well, it's not that they are dangerous. It’s difficult to explain, but sometimes people don’t like to be open-minded about certain topics. Humans don’t want to realize that not everyone thinks the same way, and that applies to the different kinds of love in the world. The Little Mermaid's dad never interacted with humans before, so he acted based on what his parents told him.” 

“Oh,” He softly replied, trying to process what his mom just told him. 

“Ariel pulled Prince Eric to shore and sang to him. Then she swam away. Prince Eric only caught a glimpse of Ariel's face, but he knew he would remember her beautiful voice forever.” 

“How can prince Eric be positive he’ll recognize her voice?” Jungkook curiously interrupted. He needed to know the answer. 

“Love works in mysterious ways.” Jungkook’s mom said to him. 

“What is love?” He asked. 

“Do you love being around Mommy and Daddy?” 

“Yes.” 

“Do you miss us whenever we are not around?”

“Yeah.” 

“Are we always on your mind?” 

“Yes.”

“Does your heart hurt so much that it feels like it’s going to explode when we are feeling sad or sick?”  

“Of course. I don’t like it when you or Daddy gets sick.” 

“Then that is love, sweetie. You love us so much that it pains you to see us so miserable.” 

“Ah, I see.” 

“Shall we continue?” his mom asked, and he nodded in agreement. 

“Desperate to see Prince Eric again, Ariel agreed to give her voice to the evil sea witch Ursula and turned Ariel into a human!” His mom dramatically said, scaring him. Jungkook hated Ursula; it made his skin crawled in fear. How could someone be so mean? He would never understand. 

“But if Prince Eric didn't kiss Ariel by sunset on the third day, she would become a mermaid again. Ariel loved being with the prince in the human world, but the two had not yet kissed.” 

“Mommy, why does it have to be a kiss? Can’t Ariel give Prince Eric a hug to show how much she loved him?” 

“Umm, a kiss is a form of love, and it was the only way for Ariel to show her affection for him.” 

“Oh…” he whispered, trying to understand the words his mom just said, but to Jungkook, adults were complicated, and he would never understand their ways of reasoning.

“Worried that Prince Eric was falling in love with Ariel, Ursula transformed herself into the beautiful Vanessa. Disguised as Vanessa and using Ariel's voice, the sea witch cast a spell on Prince Eric. He thought he was in love. And just before sunset on the third day, Scuttle discovered that Vanessa was Ursula in disguise. He hurried to warn Ariel.”

“Why is Ursula so mean?” Jungkook snarled, he hated Ursula so much. 

“I don’t know, sweetheart. There are just mean people in the world who take pleasure in seeing others miserable, but don’t let them get to you. You live your life as you wish and don’t listen to the negative comments of others. They are just jealous of your happiness.” 

“Okay! But Mommy. Does that mean I can marry a nice Alpha just like you and Daddy.” He squealed. 

“Of course, sweetheart! I’m sure you’ll find a nice Alpha who will shower you with love and treat you as their equal. You'll be a wonderful Omega, my sweet and lovely Jungkook.” 

“You really think so?” 

“Of course, you are our son, and we know you will find the perfect Alpha. Shall we continue with the story?” His mom advised him, and he agreed, it was time to read the ending, even though he knew it by heart. 

“With the help of her friends, Ariel was able to stop the wedding and get her voice back. Released from Ursula's spell, Prince Eric realized that Ariel was the one he truly loved. But it was too late.” 

“Oh, no!” He shouted and sat up straight. Jungkook always hated this part of the story. 

“He steered its jagged bow through Ursula's heart. With a howl, the sea witch disappeared in the waves. With Ursula gone, King Triton regained his powers. Seeing Ariel's love for Prince Eric, the king granted her wish: She became human! Ariel and Prince Eric married and lived happily in a castle by the sea.” 

“Yaay! I’m so happy she got married to Prince Eric! I can’t wait to find my Alpha so I can be as happy as them.” Jungkook squealed in delight. Aside from telling everyone about his Alpha parents, he wished to find the perfect Alpha, and if his Mommy said it was going to come true, then he knew it was going to happen. 

“Do you really think you’ll find happiness, you abomination of the earth? Marry an Alpha? Ha! Alpha’s can’t marry another Alpha; it goes against our primal instincts. You freak!”

A deep and notorious voice echoed throughout Jungkook’s mind. He looked at his mother, to ask her what was happening, but she was gone. Jungkook was no longer a small child, but an adult who had come to the realization that once again, he was the cause of his parents' death. 

“She knew this was the last evening she should ever see the prince, for whom she had forsaken her kindred and her home; she had given up her beautiful voice, and suffered unheard-of pain daily for him, while he knew nothing of it.”

The voice continued to say. Jungkook was confused; this was not the story he heard when he was a child. 

“This was the last evening that she would breathe the same air with him, or gaze on the starry sky and the deep sea; an eternal night, without a thought or a dream, awaited her: she had no soul, and now she could never win one.”

“STOP! WHAT'S GOING ON?” Jungkook yelled in desperation, covering both ears with his hands; the voice was making him panic. 

“She was in his thoughts, and the knife trembled in the hand of the little mermaid: then she flung it far away from her into the waves; the water turned red where it fell, and the drops that spurted up looked like blood. She cast one more lingering, half-fainting glance at the prince, and then threw herself from the ship into the sea, and her body was dissolving into foam.”

“STOP!” He screamed in agony. He wanted to make it all go away. 

“You’re just like the little mermaid, Jungkook. You will never be happy with another Alpha. It is better if you just die! Die and set yourself free from the misery of losing the one you love. Don’t be like your parents. Look at how their love ended, by the hands of their own child! Kill yourselves Jungkook before it is too late. Kill yourself. Kill yourself before your Alpha leaves you for another Omega. Kill your self, and save yourself from all the misery. Kill yourself. Kill yourself. Kill—

“Nooo!” Jungkook shouted, opening his eyes wide, tears staining his cheeks. It had been two days since he encountered the most beautiful Alpha he had ever seen in his life. Although he tried to ignore the tingling sensation he had all throughout his body, he remembered the beautiful eyes of the Alpha, and he knew his efforts were futile. Jungkook was in love, yet he still denied his feelings.

As he lay in bed drenched in sweat, he closed his eyes one more time and tried to get rid of the negative thoughts in his mind. His parents’ death affected him so much because it was his fault they died, it was his fault they were discovered, and he could never forgive himself for the horrendous act he had committed to the people he loved. 

“Jungkook? Are you alright? I heard a scream.” Jimin’s voice brought him back to reality. Jungkook looked at the door and saw his childhood friend, his only source of support and family, standing there with a worried expression. If it weren’t for Jimin and his family, Jungkook’s life would have been miserable. 

“I’m fine. Just another nightmare.” He sighed, sitting up straight and rubbing his eyes. Jungkook hated himself for being an Alpha when he was supposed to present as an Omega, but what really was eating him alive was the fact that he was only attractive to Alphas. He was just like his parents, and as much as his mind tried to tell him that he would never suffer the same faith as them, Jungkook was scared. He was scared of being judged, of being beaten to the ground just like his parents. 

“Oh, Kookie. Do you want to talk about it?” Jimin said, walking to his bed and sitting down next to him. Jungkook simply moved his head side to side in disagreement; He was not ready to talk about his dream. 

“That’s okay. When you are ready, you can tell me. Hey, Jungkook.” 

“Yeah, What it is?”

“Umm, a coworker invited me to an underground club tomorrow night. Want to go with me? I think it’ll be good for you to go out and socialize.” Jimin asked him, but Jungkook didn’t feel like going. He hated interacting with other people; it was not his strongest point. Jungkook preferred to stay at home, watch movies, and order take-out. 

“I don’t know. You know I hate those kinds of places.” 

“But you rarely go out! It’s not good for you, please do it for me. You never know you might find a nice Alph—sorry.” 

“Jimin! You know I have an Omega girlfriend.” 

“But Kookie, I know you don’t love her. Heck, you don’t even like her. You’re just forcing yourself to go out with her, so you won’t admit to yourself that you only love Alphas. Why can’t you just accept yourself?” 

“You know it’s not that easy. Not after what happened with my parents.” Jungkook trailed off. 

“You know that was not your fault. Plus, the law has changed, and you have my parents and me to support you all the way.” 

“I know, but I’m scared. I’m scared to be myself.” 

“Oh, Kookie, please don’t be afraid. It’s not healthy. I’m sure if accepted who you are; you’ll feel more liberated.” 

“...” Jungkook remained quiet and stared at his bedsheets. He wasn’t ready to admit the truth about his sexual preference. 

“Sorry, I won’t pressure you anymore. But what do you say? Go with me to the club, please?” 

“Fine, but only for a little bit, then I’m coming back home with or without you, okay?” Jungkook sighed. The things he does to keep his best friend happy. 

“Yay! You're the best! I love you!” Jimin squealed and gave him a tight hug, which made him feel like his lungs were being squished together. 

“I love you too, now let go. I need to take a shower and go to work.” 

“But it’s only six in the morning.” 

“Then let me take a shower, at least. I’m all sweaty; it feels gross.” 

“Fine, you’re no fun, Kookie. I can’t wait for tomorrow! I’m sure you’ll like Hoseok and his friends. They are very nice.” 

“Whatever, just let go of me so I can take my shower.” Jungkook sassed, but he knew Jimin had good intentions, and he hoped the club wasn’t a disaster like the last time he went with his girlfriend. 

A day passed by in a blink of an eye, and Jungkook was on his way with Jimin to the underground club, which he found out was called Fated Love. It was a weird name for a club, but he brushed it aside as he was more preoccupied with the crowd of people that would be attending. Jimin informed him that Hoseok, and the rest of the people he would meet for the first time, were already waiting for them. Great, their first impression of him was going to be his tardiness, but it was not his fault. Jimin kept changing his mind on the outfit he wanted to wear, and by the time Jungkook realized, they were late. 

“Hurry, Kookie, we are late!” Jimin demanded, and he just rolled his eyes. 

“Whatever,” he said as he saw the parking lot of the club come to his view. When they finally found a parking spot, Jimin bolted out of the car like an excited child waiting for his parents to take them to a toy store. Jungkook saw his friend jumping up and down in excitement. 

“Let's hurry!” Jimin said, taking his hand as soon as he locked the car and dragging him to the club. Jungkook noticed that the club wasn’t any different from the other clubs he had visited before: loud music, so crowded that you could barely walk and people grinding on each other, except for a small stage at the far end of the room, which he found weird. As they approached a group of people standing on the side of the room away from the crowd of people, his eyes landed on the beautiful Alpha, he saw a few days ago. A chill ran down his spine as the strong smell of Pinetrees filled his nostrils the closer he got to the group of people. How was that possible? How was Jungkook able to differentiate between the strong smell of alcohol and the Alpha’s scent? 

“Sorry we are late! Everyone, this is Jungkook, my childhood friend.” Jimin introduced him, and one by one, he shook hands with the four people in front of him, each person stating their names. With sweaty palms and his heart beating fast, he finally shook hands with the beautiful Alpha, who introduced himself as Taehyung. As soon as their hands touched an intense sensation of electricity ran throughout his body, it was like if he was being electrocuted, so as fast as he could, he retreated his hands, making him look like a jerk. 

“Sorry.” he shyly said, smiling weakly, playing with the hem of his shirt. Jungkook knew this Alpha, Taehyung, had been stirring feelings he had been trying to suppress for years. It made him scared. He was scared of admitting that he was smitten by the beautiful and robust Alpha. 

“It’s okay,” Taehyung replied with a boxy smile that melted Jungkook’s heart. How could someone so beautiful and so ethereal exist in this world? 

“Who wants to go dancing?” Jimin interrupted the awkward conversation. 

“Me!” Everyone said in unison except for Jungkook. It was not that he hated dancing. It was a great hobby of his, but he hated the idea of dancing in public, and Jimin knew that, so the Omega was not surprised when he refused. 

“I’ll just stay here for a little bit while you all dance.” He shamefully said. Jungkook didn’t want to ruin everyone’s fun just because of his insecurities. 

“Are you sure, Kookie?” 

“Yeah, It’s okay. Have fun.” Jungkook stated, smiling ear to ear showing off his best smile as the rest of the group left to the dance floor. Usually, he was not a drinker, but today he needed an extra boost to keep him sane and not fall on his knees in submission at the sight of Taehyung. While he drank his blended whiskey and vodka, the scent of Pinetrees penetrated the air. Jungkook quickly looked to his right and saw Taehyung standing next to him, looking so beautiful. It was as if he was a living doll. 

“Hey.” Taehyung shyly said to him, his voice so deep, so sexy that it gave Jungkook goosebumps. Jungkook was scared by the attraction he felt towards Taehyung. He’d never felt an attraction so strong; it was evident that he was falling in love with the Alpha. 

“Hey,” he weakly replied. Why must he be so awkward when talking with another Alpha? He was supposed to eradicate dominance and power, yet he was exuding submission and weakness. 

“Are you sure you don’t want to dance?” Taehyung asked him. 

“It’s okay. I’m not much of a dancer, not in front of a lot of people anyways,” he said, whispering the last part. 

“Oh, I see. I’m not a great dancer myself, but it’s all for fun. No one is really paying attention to what others are doing anyway. So why not give it a chance?” 

“I don’t know.” 

“Come dance with me. I promise it will be fun.” Taehyung told him, dragging Jungkook by one hand to the dance floor. The touch of Taehyung’s hand burned into his skin, and it was making Jungkook dizzy. Taehyung had his left hand firmly placed on his hip, making him jump in surprise. Despite that, Jungkook wrapped his arms around the Alpha, linking their right hand, as their bodies merged together. They moved slowly to the music, his breathing becoming shallow, and his heart feeling heavy inside his chest. With their bodies nearly touching one another and their faces so close to each other, Jungkook noticed that Taehyung’s face turned into a light shade of pink, making his heart palpitate by the adorable sight of the Alpha. Their movement was too slow, and it didn’t match the upbeat song playing in the background, but Jungkook didn’t care, the strong smell of Pinetrees was intoxicating his mind. 

Jungkook was so engrossed by the arousing smell of Pinetrees that he yelped in surprise when he felt soft lips brushing on his sensitive neck, making him moan in pleasure. What was wrong with him? Acting like an Omega in heat just by the presence of an Alpha. 

“Taehyung,” Jungkook whined, trying to break free, but it was in vain. He felt Taehyung nuzzling on his scent gland, making his body quiver in excitement. 

“Mmm.” he moaned as Taehyung started to place gentle kisses around his scent glands, causing his knees to feel weak. He couldn’t hold it anymore, so he buried his face in the crook of Taehyung’s neck, inhaling the intoxicating aroma that was driving him crazy. Jungkook didn’t care what would happen to him in the future; he didn’t care if Taehyung was playing with his feelings. Jungkook was going to enjoy this moment of ecstasy with the Alpha of his dreams, to the fullest because the passion they had was already explosive. No single doubt existed in Jungkook’s mind. They were made to love each other, and here they were, finally together.

—————

Seokjin was excited about his date with Daniel on Saturday. Only two more days and he’d experience his first real date with an Alpha who didn’t look at him as if they were friends, due to his Alpha like physical appearance. However, he was feeling nervous because Namjoon and Hoseok’s words kept resonating in his mind. Seokjin knew he was naive by going to Daniel’s house but who could blame him when he was finally getting the attention he wanted. 

Days passed, and it was finally Saturday morning. Seokjin was feeling so anxious about his date that his body didn’t want to stay still. Therefore, he decided to walk around the apartment like a maniac, trying to clean up the place. 

“Jinnie, are you okay?” Hoseok asked him with a worried expression. 

“I don’t know. I’m so nervous about tonight,” he admitted. Hopefully, his friend had some good advice on how to calm down his nerves. 

“Oh, maybe you should cancel if you feel so nervous about it. Come with us to the club. I promise it will be fun!” 

“I already said I don’t want to go to the club. I’m going to that date even if I have to crawl to Daniel’s house.” He confirmed.

“Fine. Fine. But remember the safety system. I want to receive that “S” text every hour and an “H” if you need help. I already got his address and name, so I know where to go if anything happens. I’m not playing Seokjin!” Hoseok said, glaring at him, and he simply nodded in agreement. 

Satisfied with the answer, Hoseok walked away, leaving Seokjin to keep lurking around the house, trying to keep his mind preoccupied until it was time for him to get ready for his date. 

As he waved goodbye to Namjoon and Hoseok, who insisted on giving him a ride to Daniel’s house, Seokjin stopped walking and placed a hand on his chest. His heart was beating way too fast for his liking, and his body trembled from how nervous he was feeling. He needed to calm down before his nervousness got the best of him. Taking a deep breath, he continued his walk to Daniel’s front door. After pressing the doorbell for the second time, the door flung open, revealing a very tall and attractive female Alpha. Seokjin knew it was Daniel’s sister from the similar strong smell of freshly cut grass. They were indeed family. Was it possible for two siblings to have the same exact scent? Seokjin wasn’t sure if it was possible, but the aroma was intoxicating him. 

“Come in, beautiful Omega.” The female Alpha said to him, trailing her eyes all over his body, which made him feel uncomfortable since he was not used to receiving attention or compliments. 

Seokjin nervously walked through the front door, and he saw Daniel approaching him looking ethereal, with a white lace shirt and black leather pants that highlighted the Alpha’s masculine body. Seokjin would be lying to himself if he didn’t feel the urge to fall on his knees and submit to the Alpha. He could feel himself almost drooling at the thought.  

“Welcome to my house, beautiful Omega. I’m so glad you could make it.” Daniel said, bring Seokjin closer into his arms for a hug. 

“Thank you for inviting me,” he replied as he returned the hug and buried his face in the crook of Daniel’s neck, very close to the Alpha’s scent glands. Seokjin nuzzled his nose side to side, trying to inhale the arousing scent, and he whined as the aroma grew thicker. Oh god, was Seokjin trying to scent Daniel already? He should be ashamed of himself. 

Soft giggles interrupted his thoughts, and he pulled away from Daniel’s embrace in an instant. 

“Sorry,” he softly said, looking at the floor in shame. What was wrong with him? Never in his life had he felt so scent drunk that he began acting on pure impulse. Maybe Daniel was really his soulmate. 

“Seokjin, let me introduce you to my twin sister, Yuna.”

“Nice to meet you.” Seokjin extended his arm for a handshake. However, Yuna grabbed his hand and moved it, so the palm of his hand was facing downwards. She bowed towards his hand and placed a soft yet seductive hand-kiss. Never in his life had he ever received such a kiss, it was new and weird to him, but he politely smiled. 

“Nice to meet you, sweet and lovely Omega,” Yuna said to him, letting go of his hand and smiling at him. Seokjin felt uncomfortable with the attention he was receiving, especially Yuna’s intense stare since it felt like it was piercing right through his heart. 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were bringing such a beautiful Omega. I would have canceled my plans and stayed home.” Yuna smugly said.

“I never knew I had to inform you of my dating life. Now go on, don’t you have friends to hang out with?” 

“Whatever, see you later, my beautiful Omega,” Yuna said, blowing him a kiss and walking out the door, leaving Daniel and Seokjin alone. He remembered to text Namjoon and Hoseok before placing his phone inside his bag because he didn’t want to make his friends worry about him.

“Sorry about her, she’s a little crazy sometimes.” 

“It’s okay. She’s a hyper one.” Seokjin stated and giggled at his comment. 

“Yeah, she is. Come in; I have dinner ready.” 

“Oh, I wasn’t aware you knew how to cook?” 

“You’ll be surprised my Omega. I’ll do anything to spoil the one I like.” 

“I see.” 

“Now, stop standing there and come sit down before the food gets cold,” Daniel said, guiding him to the kitchen, and he was met with a beautiful table decorated with roses and low dim lights, which created a very romantic atmosphere. Seokjin was surprised, but he let himself be guided to his seat, where he knew he would get to know more about his potentially future Alpha. 

The meal was one of the best Seokjin had ever had, and it went by way too quickly for his liking. Between texting his childhood friends to ensure them he was safe and talking to Daniel about life and random chitchats, time flew by, and they were now watching a movie. It was an old Marvel movie, Spider-Man 2, and he came to the realization that both of them were huge superhero fans. As they were cuddled up on the couch, his head leaning on Daniel’s shoulder, he decided to text Hoseok and Namjoon the safety letter to make sure they were aware that he was not in danger. 

“Why have you been checking your phone all night?” Daniel’s voice startled him. 

“N-Nothing.” Seokjin stuttered, sliding his phone back into his pocket as quickly as possible but was stopped by Daniel’s hand, who grabbed the wrist that he was using to hold onto the phone and pinned Seokjin down onto the couch. Seokjin tried to break free, but it only caused the phone to drop to the floor. Were Namjoon and Hoseok, right? Was Daniel dangerous? His questions were answered by Daniel’s soft lips crashing against his own in a forced, yet sloppy kiss that made his body shiver in pleasure. Was Daniel jealous of whoever Seokjin was texting? Cute, He thought. 

Seokjin melted into the kiss, letting himself be guided by the slow rhythm of their lips. 

“Nnngh,” Seokjin moaned as he felt Daniel’s hand, the one that was not holding onto his wrist, cup one of his cheekbones while biting and sucking on his bottom lip. Making Seokjin want more. Seokjin was unaware he had his eyes closed, so when he opened his eyes, he was met with dark, beautiful, and lustful eyes. Daniel’s eyes looked as if they were screaming that Seokjin was his, his Omega. Yes, Seokjin felt confident that Daniel was his Alpha due to the tingling sensation that still lingered on his lips, though he demanded more.

Seokjin parted his lips and seductively licked his bottom lip, which earned a loud groan from Daniel, who only leaned down once again for a deeper and sweeter kiss, now that their tongues were finally touching and exploring each other’s mouth. Seokjin felt like he was in heaven, never had he felt so wanted, so desired. And as he engulfed himself into the kiss, he thought of his possible future with Daniel, completely neglecting the phone that was still on the ground. 

Notes:

I have a fascination of using children’s stories/folk tales in my stories.

I used the Disney version (it was the one Jungkook’s mom was reading) and the real version (which was in italics).

I’m going to leave the links in the comment section in case anyone would like to read them.

I’ve never read the real version of the Little Mermaid before but I heard it was dark so I read it and it fit so well with my story.

Please let me know you thoughts and theories. I look forward to reading your comments.

Chapter 7: Passionate Night

Summary:

“What do you want with my Omega?” Daniel growled, his eyes flashing red and furrowing his eyebrows in anger.

“My omega?” Hoseok questioned tilting his head sideways in confusion.

Notes:

WARNING ⚠️ SMUT

I’m finally back with another chapter. I feel like I’ve been stuck on this chapter for years cause I’m not good at writing smut. This is my second attempt to write it and I don’t really like it. I feel like I lack descriptive words, but I need to move the story forward, so excuse my horrible smut lol

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Mmm,” Seokjin moaned, losing all the strength of his body by the immense pleasure Daniel’s tongue was making him feel as he explored the inner walls of his mouth. Seokjin wanted more. Never in his life had he ever had this burning sensation to submit to an Alpha. Was he turned on by the attention he was getting? Or was it that Daniel wasn’t like all the other Alphas he had a crush on before? Who only saw him as a friend due to his Alpha like physical appearance. Seokjin wasn’t sure, but the burning sensation on his lower abdomen was making his body quiver in excitement. 

“A-Alph—” Seokjin whimpered, as he gasped for air. His vision was clouded with lust as he chased after Daniel’s lips trying to reconnect them once more, but it was all in vain. Daniel just pressed a finger over his plumped lips, stopping his movement. Seokjin needed to have an Alpha’s knot inside him, it was his most desired dream, and tonight, he knew he was going to make his dream come true. Hopefully, Daniel would comply with his demands. 

“Dan-niel! P-please.” He begged, thrusting his hips upward grinding against Daniel’s clothed length. 

“Is my beautiful Omega turned on by just a kiss?” Daniel stated, smirking as he cupped one of Seokjin’s cheeks and slowly traced a finger down his neck and back to his jawline, sending a pleasurable chill down his spine. 

“We can’t have that, my love. It’s only our first date.” Daniel added, making Seokjin whined and continue with his vigorous movement of grinding his hips upward to create more friction, feeling more slick pouring out of his hole and staining his underwear. 

“B-But—” Seokjin tried to justify his actions, but Daniel just connected their lips. Their tongues moved in sync as if their mouths were meant to be molded together in a passionate rhythm. 

“Nngh,” He moaned against Daniel’s mouth, bringing one hand to the back of the Alpha’s head and running his fingers through the soft hair before pushing it downwards, to deepen the kiss. Seokjin was in heaven, and he knew from the bottom of his heart that Daniel was his soulmate, his Alpha. 

Thump! Thump! Thump! 

“SEOKJIN! OPEN THE DOOR THIS INSTANT!! I KNOW YOU ARE IN THERE!” Seokjin heard, startling him, realizing that it was Hoseok who was knocking on the door. Shit, he had forgotten to text his friends to let them know he was safe. 

“Who the fuck is knocking on my door like a maniac!” Daniel snarled, getting off the couch and walking towards the front door. Seokjin immediately ran after his date to prevent any physical contact between them because he didn't want Hoseok to get hurt for standing up to an Alpha. 

“Please, Alpha. They’re just my friends.” Seokjin tried to explain, linking hands with Daniel and pulling him backward, trying to prevent the Alpha from opening the door. 

“SEOKJIN OPEN THE DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW OR I’M BREAKING IN!!” Hoseok continued to yell. 

“Alpha!” He pleaded, seeing how Daniel opened the front door only to reveal an enraged Hoseok. Usually, Hoseok was very sweet and lovely, but the Hoseok in front of him sent shivers down his spine. Omegas were not supposed to radiate a strong and dominating aura, but Hoseok was growling in rage and had both fists clenched tight like if he was ready to fight, like if he was an Alpha. 

Alongside his furious childhood friend stood a very concerned looking Namjoon and next to him, an unknown person, which Seokjin chose to wholly ignored. He didn’t have time to acknowledge who the stranger was or why they were together with his group of friends because his top priority at the moment was to stop any further confrontation between Hoseok and Daniel. 

“What do you want with my Omega?” Daniel growled, his eyes flashing red and furrowing his eyebrows in anger. 

“My omega?” Hoseok questioned, tilting his head sideways in confusion. 

“Yes, my Omega. Now, tell me what you want from him, or I’m calling the cops,” Daniel continued to say, pulling Seokjin closer and wrapping a hand around his tiny waist. 

“YOUR Omega is my best friend, and HE is coming home with ME!” 

“Oh, what a feisty Omega,” Daniel said sarcastically, examining Hoseok head to toe. 

“I think I should go,” Seokjin interrupted because as much as he loved the time he spent with Daniel, he was more concerned about Hoseok. He knew his childhood friend would keep instigating Daniel, which most likely end up in a physical fight, and as strong as Hoseok believed he was, an Omega was not a match for an Alpha’s physical strength. 

“Where is your phone, Jinnie? Go get it, and come back so we can go.” Namjoon asked him, and he remembered his phone had been long forgotten on the floor. No wonder Hoseok and Namjoon hurried to his location to check if he was okay. 

After picking up his phone and placing it inside his bag, Seokjin walked back to the front door where Hoseok and Daniel were still glaring at each other. 

“I’m ready,” he said, looking uncomfortable by the sudden release of angry Alpha pheromones that lingered in the air. 

“Do you have to go?” Daniel asked him, changing his expression to a softer and concerned one.

“Yeah, I think it’s for the best.” 

“Fine, but promise me you’ll stay longer next time.”

“Next time? You want to see me again?” 

“Of course. I really like you, Seokjin. My gorgeous Omega.” Daniel said to him, placing a kiss on Seokijn’s forehead. Seokjin just giggled at the adorable action. No one had ever treated him as if he was the most precious being in the whole wide world, and he could get used to being pampered by Daniel, his Alpha. 

“Ahem, ready to go now?” Namjoon interrupted, looking slightly flustered, and Seokjin could feel his ears turning red from embarrassment. 

“Yeah, I’m ready. Let's go. Bye, Daniel,” He said, walking past the threshold not before placing a small peck on Daniel’s cheek, which caused his face to turn bright red. 

Daniel was about to placed a hand on Seokjin’s blushing cheek when suddenly, he was yanked by the arm, causing Seokjin to stumble a few steps backward.

“Hey! Let go!” Seokjin snarled, noticing that it was Hoseok who had pulled him back by the arm.  

“Just shut up, Seokjin! Keep walking!” Hoseok commanded, and Seokjin complied, feeling guilty by causing so much inconvenience to his friends. 

The walk back to the car was silent, but Seokjin knew that as soon as they stepped inside the car, he was going to get a scolding from Hoseok, so he mentally prepared himself. Just like he thought, as soon as he put on his seat belt, Hoseok turned around and looked at him straight in the eyes. 

“What was that for, huh? Why did you forget our safety system? Do you know how worried we were about you?” Hoseok bombarded him with questions. 

“Sorry,” He whispered, looking down in shame. Seokjin knew he was stupid by forgetting to text Hoseok and Namjoon the safety letter, but he was so engrossed by the pleasure Daniel was making him feel that he completely forgot. 

“Sorry?! We thought something horrible happened to you, and all you gotta say is sorry? Fuck you, Seokjin!” Hoseok snapped, turning back around, facing the windshield of the car while a series of small sniffles were heard in the quiet space. Great, he made his best friend, his brother, and family member upset, and he hated himself for acting so selfish. 

“I know we are all upset, but let’s all go home. Jimin, want me to drop you off at your house?” Namjoon asked, turning the car on and driving away from Daniel’s driveway. 

Jimin? Who the hell was Jimin? Seokjin asked himself, glancing to his right, only to notice a very good-looking Omega awkwardly smiling at him. Jimin waved his hand at Seokjin, but he was too ashamed of himself by what was happening, that he looked down, avoiding any further eye contact. 

“Umm, can I stay over your house? I know Jungkook hit it off with Taehyung, and you know, I have a feeling they are going to go home, and I don’t want to be there when they have sex.” Jimin said, slightly blushing by his own words. 

“That’s fine with me. How about you guys?” Namjoon asked Seokjin and Hoseok. 

“Yeah, it's fine with me.” Seokjin shyly replied, and he saw Hoseok nodding in approval; his heart shattered into a million pieces at the thought of Hoseok being angry at him because he hated fighting with the Omega. 

“Yaay! Thank you so much!” Jimin squealed in delight, smiling ear to ear making his eyes turn into small crescents. 

Once again, after twenty minutes of complete silence, the four of them arrived at Hoseok and Seokjin’s apartment. It was a small, two-bedroom apartment that was too small for the three of them since Namjoon always stayed over despite the fact that he had his own apartment. Maybe it was because the three of them had been together since childhood that it was weird not to be near each other after a long period of time. Or maybe it was because the Beta harbored special feelings towards Hoseok, but the Omega was too oblivious to notice Namjoon’s love. 

As soon as the car was parked, Hoseok stormed out and ran inside the apartment without saying a single word to anyone, making Seokjin feel guilty by being the reason behind his best friend’s anger. 

“W-we are here. Let’s go inside.” Namjoon stuttered, looking nervous by being stuck in the middle of yet another fight between Hoseok and Seokjin. However, he knew Hoseok was right. He was dumb by forgetting to reply and make his friends worried. 

Once they got inside the apartment, Seokjin noticed that there was no trace of Hoseok. 

“He’s probably in his room,” Namjoon said to him, giving him a sympathetic smile. 

“Yeah.”

“You should probably sleep with Jimin. I’ll keep him company tonight. Just give him time, you know how he is. Plus, you really had us worried back there, try to reflect on your actions, and try to apologize to him once he’s calm down.” 

“Okay,” Seokjin replied, trying to hold back the tears that were starting to form at the prick of his eyes. 

“Goodnight, Jinnie. Goodnight Jimin, see you tomorrow.” Namjoon said, waving goodbye to Jimin and walking to Hoseok’s room. 

Seokjin turned to his left side and saw Jimin staring at him. He had completely forgotten to introduce himself to the Omega and felt embarrassed that the first impression he had shown to Jimin was a fight with Hoseok. 

“S-sorry, that you had to witness all of that. I’m Seokjin. Nice to meet you.” He shyly said, extending his arm to shake hands with Jimin. 

“It’s okay. It happens. Thank you for letting me stay for the night, and it’s nice to finally meet one of Hoseok’s childhood friend. He talks about you and Namjoon all the time.” Jimin told him, making Seokjin remember once again that he was in the middle of a fight with his best friend. 

“Shall we head off to bed?” He sighed, feeling the exhaustion of the day creeping up on him. 

“Okay,” Jimin said, following him to his bedroom. 

Today had been a long day, and Seokjin just hoped that after a goodnight's sleep, Hoseok would calm down, so they could finally reconcile. After all, he was at fault for acting so stupid, and he hated whenever he fought with Hoseok or Namjoon. 

—————

Taehyung didn’t know how they got to Jungkook’s apartment or what happened to all of their friends back in the club. All he was focused on was the deep attraction he felt towards the Alpha in front of him. 

“Nngh!” He moaned as they connected their lips for the nth time. Taehyung felt lightheaded, the feeling of oxygen and his last bit of rational thinking sucked away through the intense and demanding kiss. Yet, he wanted more; he wanted to feel the warmth of Jungkook’s naked body pressed against him. The anticipation of having a passionate night with Jungkook was unbearable to contain.

They hungrily passed the threshold of Jungkook’s apartment, and it had been a constant battle for dominance. With no room for talking, their lips chased one another as they entered the bedroom, for another rough yet sloppy kiss. A series of grunting noises were heard in the quiet room as their lips smashed against each other, and their mouth moved in sync to explore each other's mouths. 

Without separating, each Alpha took off their clothing, piece by piece, only breaking up from the kiss when Jungkook had to take off his shirt, revealing his bare chest, which Taehyung noticed turned into a rosy complexion. He saw Jungkook’s eye hooded with lust and his chest heaving up and down from the shortness of breath their kiss caused, and to Taehyung, Jungkook looked breathtaking. How could someone so ethereal exist in this world? Taehyung proceeded to press his shaking lips to Jungkook’s thin ones while he felt the Alpha violently removing the last piece of garment on his body; Causing the buttons of Taehyung’s shirt to pop off in all different directions. 

Taehyung felt intoxicated by the strong smell of aroused Alpha pheromones that lingered in the air, making him feel a high of ecstasy that he had never experienced before. He needed to make Jungkook his; he needed to make the Alpha a beautiful moaning mess underneath him by devouring him whole until all he could say was Taehyung’s name. Therefore, separating from the hungry kiss, with only a trail of saliva connecting them, Taehyung pushed Jungkook towards the bed, making the Alpha bounced from the impact and yelp in surprise. 

“Hey! What was that for?” Jungkook exclaimed, laying in bed, showcasing his beautiful naked body. Taehyung had never seen such a muscular, tone body in his life that it made his mouth watered by the fact that it was all his to explore. He knew that if he were an Omega and not an Alpha, he would be producing so much slick and submitting to the Alpha in front of him; but the fact that he was Alpha about to dominate another Alpha, made his hard length leak with an extensively amount of pre-cum, arousing the wolf inside of Taehyung even more. 

“Nothing just wanted to make sure you were ready for me,” Taehyung said in a singsong manner, smirking at the confused yet flustered expression on Jungkook’s face. 

Taehyung sinfully licked his bottom lip and moved closer to Jungkook, who subconsciously spread his legs apart, exposing his length that was rock hard and was pressing against his stomach. Feeling the bed sinking due to his own weight, Taehyung positioned himself between Jungkook’s legs and started grinding their cocks together, making them both groan in unison. 

“Aah—“ Jungkook moaned as Taehyung quickened the pace. Taehyung had never experienced so much pleasure in his life; it was like he was going to explode from how aroused he was feeling. It was pure bliss, and he never wanted it to end. 

“M-more...Tae…P-please.” Jungkook begged, and he was ready to comply. Taehyung grind their cocks together in a slow yet messy pace that had them both wanting more. 

“Fuck!” Taehyung muttered as he felt closer to his orgasm while sucking and nibbling on Jungkook exposed neck. 

“A-alpha! Please...mooore.” Jungkook whined, moving his hips in an animalistic pace to meet with Taehyung’s slow rhythm, causing a sudden friction that made him see stars. 

“Have you prep yourself?” Taehyung asked, feeling like he could cum at any second. Taehyung couldn’t wait to hear Jungkook scream his name as he rammed inside the tight hole; Just the thought of it could make him cum. 

Taehyung knew beforehand that he was going to meet the Alpha at the club because Yoongi had told him that Hoseok invited Jimin and if Jimin was going, there was a higher chance of seeing Jungkook; so aside from bringing condoms and lube, he had loosened and cleaned himself up, just in case Jungkook wanted to top him. After all, Taehyung didn't mind being dominated by the Alpha. 

“Huh?”

“You know, have you cleaned yourself back there?” 

“Umm,” Jungkook shyly tried to answer, which Taehyung found adorable. 

“I’ve...I-I've never been with an Alpha before,” Jungkook confessed, making Taehyung’s heart skipped a beat. His Alpha, his adorable Jungkook, was a virgin, and he couldn’t get any more aroused. Nevertheless, with no prior preparation, it was impossible to fuck Jungkook senselessly, but that was not going to stop Taehyung from spending a passionate night with his Alpha. 

“It’s okay. I clean myself earlier, so I’ll bottom this time.” He shamelessly stated, getting up from the bed and walking to where his pants were thrown on the floor, taking out a condom and a little lube packet.

As he walked back to the bed, Taehyung was starting to feel nervous. His hands were shaking with excitement, and his body felt like it was on fire. He had never actually bottomed or even had sexual relations with another Alpha before, as it was always challenging to find a partner he liked, but he always played with himself, so he was loose enough for an Alpha’s cock. At least that was what Taehyung thought.

Maybe their pace was going to fast for Taehyung’s liking, but he didn't care. He wanted to have Jungkook's cock inside. Still, that didn’t stop the butterflies in his stomach. 

“Ready?” Taehyung asked, his length throbbing in excitement. Jungkook just nodded and repositioned himself, so he was leaning his back against the headboard. Taehyung crawled to his Alpha and straddled Jungkook’s lower abdomen. He swayed his hips side to side loving the feeling of Jungkook’s member slapping against his entrance, but he needed to stretch himself first, or he knew he'd be in pain. 

“Will you open it for me?” Taehyung cutely asked, handing Jungkook the little lube packet for him to open.

“F-fine.” Jungkook stuttered, taking the small packet from Taehyung’s hand and ripping it open, trying not to squeeze out its content or their passionate night would come to an end. 

After coating two fingers with lube, Taehyung slowly inserted his forefinger past the tight rim, hearing Jungkook groaned by the action. 

“Shit!” He hissed, feeling his finger entering his tight hole. 

“Here, let me help you,” Jungkook said to him, and before Taehyung could ask any questions, he felt Jungkook’s hand grabbing his length and slowly stroke it up and down. The combination of Jungkook’s strokes and his own finger slowly stretching him open made Taehyung shudder in pleasure. 

“A-alpha!” Taehyung whined, adding his middle-finger. The sudden tightness in his hole was making him mewled in pleasure. 

The stretch of his fingers was getting him riled up, and when he felt a third finger entering his hole, the sudden spread of his rim had him screeching. The addition of the digit felt heavenly, and he couldn’t wait to have Jungkook’s cock inside of him. Taehyung arched his back and threw his head back in bliss as Jungkook pressed on his bundle of nerves. 

“Mmm...aaah,” He moaned, his vision clouded with lust, and to enhance more of the ecstasy he was feeling, Taehyung used his index finger and thumb to play with his sensitive buds, sending more pleasure throughout his body. 

“J-Jung...kook, please. I need you inside of me! Pleaaaase!” He whined, bouncing up and down on the fingers inside of him, which resulted in faster strokes on his throbbing length. He wished the night would never end. He wished Jungkook’s fingers would stay buried inside of him forever.

“Cum for me, and I’ll give you what you want.”  Jungkook smugly said, adding a fourth finger and pressing hard on his prostate. 

“Aaaaah!” Taehyung screamed, cumming all over his chest and Jungkook’s hand. Taehyung was panting heavily and could barely keep his upper body straight, making him fall forward so that his face was buried on the crook of Jungkook neck, and as he panted for air, the strong scent of Lemongrass intensified, causing him to whimper in happiness. His bangs were sticking to his forehead, and his body was coated in sweat, but Taehyung didn’t care. He needed more. He needed to have Jungkook inside of him, so he started kitten licking on his Alpha’s scent glands earning a loud growl from Jungkook, which only made Taehyung more excited. 

“Please, Alpha! I-I need you!” He whimpered, grinding their cocks together once again. 

“Shit!” Jungkook snarled, feeling the vibration on his chest. Taehyung was impatient and couldn’t wait any longer; he needed Jungkook to make him a moaning mess. 

After placing a quick and gentle kiss on Jungkook’s neck, he sat up straight and grabbed Jungkook’s hard length. Taehyung lined himself up, and after taking one deep breath, he lowered himself down, loving the feeling of being stretched out to the max by his Alpha’s hard length. 

“Urgh!” Taehyung and Jungkook groaned in unison. 

“Y-you forgot to put a condom. Shit, You’re so right. Don't move.” Jungkook exhaled, heavily panting, placing one hand on each side of Taehyung’s hips. 

“It’s fine. I want you to knot me.” Taehyung seductively said, licking his lips. The sensation of Jungkook’s length inside of him burned and felt too tight for his virgin hole, but Taehyung was yearning for this feeling of submission. He wanted his Alpha to wreck him so bad that he won’t be able to walk for the next three days. 

After three minutes, that felt like an eternity, Taehyung felt the pain subside and signaled Jungkook that he was ready to start moving. 

“J-just start slow. Fuck! You’re still so tight.” Jungkook stated, gripping Taehyung’s hips tighter. 

Taehyung just nodded in agreement and slowly started to bounce up and down his Alpha’s long and thick length. He wanted to savor every moment, so he swayed his hips side to side, making the hard cock inside of him to press hard on his already tight walls. 

“Slow down, Tae, if you k-keep going at this pace, I’ll cum any second,” Jungkook warned, pressing hard on his hips, guiding him to slow down, but Taehyung didn’t want to slow down, he wanted to go faster. He wanted Jungkook’s length to go deeper in him. 

“Aah, Aah!” He moaned as the length hit his bundle of nerves, sending a chill down his spine. Taehyung had never felt so much pleasure in his life and to be dominated by another Alpha, was making his body feel pure euphoria. 

“Kookie!” He whimpered. Taehyung had heard Jimin called the Alpha by that nickname while they were in the club, and he wondered if it was appropriate to use it. 

“S-say it...again,” Jungkook begged, closing his eyes and throwing his head back in ecstasy. 

“Kookie! Kookie! Fuck me harder, Kookie!” Taehyung screamed, complying with the demands of his Alpha, who only moaned loudly underneath him. He wanted the Alpha to let go of his hips so that he could continue with his fast rhythm, but Jungkook only gripped tightly that Taehyung knew would leave a bruising mark. 

“Aaaa—” Taehyung screeched as Jungkook bucked his hips upward, taking the length further inside of him. Taehyung saw stars by the thrilling sensation of Jungkook’s cock buried so deep in him. It was the roughness he wanted to feel; It was how he wanted to be manhandled by Jungkook. Taehyung bounced up and down in the same vigorous rhythm to meet with Jungkook’s own thrusts, his hands scrambling to find purchase on Jungkook’s sweaty chest and to keep himself from falling forward.

Just the sound of Taehyung’s moans, Jungkook’s grunting noises, and skin slapping against skin was all you could hear throughout the quiet room. Taehyung’s hair bounced up and down by the fast pace, and he could feel drool dribbling down his chin as his eyes rolled back in ecstasy, and he never wanted this immense pleasure to end. 

“I’m so close...Tae! I want to knot you,” Jungkook begged, clenching Taehyung’s bruised hips even tighter. Taehyung could feel Jungkook’s knot forming, and it was harder for him to bounce on the hard length without being stopped by the knot that was expanding inside his tight walls. Therefore, to tease his Alpha, Taehyung clenched hard around Jungkook’s length, causing a loud moan to be heard throughout the room. 

“Argh!” Jungkook groaned as the knot fully expanded inside of Taehyung, locking them together. Taehyung could feel the warm liquid spilling inside of him, and he purred in pleasure, making him cum all over his chest. 

Taehyung knew he couldn’t get pregnant because he was an Alpha, but just the mere thought of carrying Jungkook’s pups made his body quiver in pleasure.

While Taehyung and Jungkook rearranged themselves in bed so Taehyung could be more comfortable, until they weren’t locked by Jungkook’s knot anymore; he thought of his future with his Alpha. His beautiful and sexy Alpha, whom he knew was his soulmate. 

Notes:

Let me know your thoughts on this chapter.

What do you think will happen to Hoseok and Seokjin’s friendship? Will Tae and Jungkook go out after their passionate night together?

How about Seokjin’s relationship with Daniel? Or Namjoon’s unrequited love for Hoseok?

 

I look forward to reading your comments.

Chapter 8: Regret

Summary:

“S-sorry…” He shamefully repeated, looking up to try to embed, one last time, the gorgeous facial features of Taehyung’s face, but instead he was met with the fist of the Alpha, that landed on his left eye.

Notes:

I’m back with another chapter! 😭

I really found it easy to write this chapter and I hope everyone likes it!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The bright light beaming through the window shone directly on Jungkook’s face. He tried to turn his body sideways, so his back was facing the light, but an unexplainable weight on his chest prevented him from moving. Blinking a few times to adjust his vision, he looked down and noticed a black shadow that he could vaguely distinguish due to the sunlight. What the hell was on his chest? A black cat? It couldn’t be; it felt too heavy for an animal, and besides the apartment, he lived in, pets were not allowed. Therefore, to figure out what was lying on his chest, Jungkook closed his eyes one more time and opened them slowly. To his surprise, the supposed black cat became the head of a person that was resting peacefully on his chest. Memories of last night poured back into his mind, and he realized that the black-haired guy was Taehyung, the Alpha he had sex with the previous night and who was now laying down, naked, on top of him. 

“Shit!” He murmured, placing the palm of his hands over his eyes to hide his frustration. How could he have slept with the Alpha last night? When he had an Omega girlfriend. Byul’s beautiful smile appeared in his mind, and the guilt of cheating on her made his stomach turned. Why did he betray her like this when she had always been there for him when he was doubtful about life? She’d even waited patiently until Jungkook was ready to take their relationship to the next level, but now, he had broken her trust. How could he succumb to what he considered his most unholy desired? Byul didn’t deserve to be with him at all!

Everything that happened last night was foreign to Jungkook: The sexual attraction he had towards Taehyung, the slow and sloppy kisses they shared, and the intoxicating aroma that lingered in the air that left him lightheaded. Everything about Taehyung was sinful, but the wolf inside of him loved every bit of it. Jungkook was not going to lie, it felt heavenly to have sexual relations with another Alpha and the Alpha within him was purring with happiness, but Jungkook was scared. Jungkook was scared of admitting his sexuality because he didn’t want to face the same fate as his parents. He knew the Alpha law was no longer enforced and that not everyone discriminated against same sub-gender couples, but the negative thoughts in his mind were signaling him to hide. Hide his desired to be with an Alpha and keep the charade of the “normal” Alpha with an Omega girlfriend persona that he had created.

“Aaargh!” Taehyung groaned as the light shone brightly on his face, waking him up from his slumber.

Fuck! What now?! Why did he have to wake up when I’m trying to process everything?, He thought to himself. Jungkook wanted to have more time to mentally prepare himself before he rejected the Alpha, even though his mind was telling him to follow his heart.

“Morning,” Taehyung said to him, resting his chin on Jungkook’s chest while showcasing a beautiful boxy smile that made his heart shuddered in happiness.

“M-morning,” he nervously replied, feeling his heart skip a beat by the beautiful Alpha in front of him, and he was sure Taehyung heard it because the boxy smile became wider.

“What time is it?” Taehyung asked him, yawning and rubbing his eyes. Jungkook found the simple action adorable, and he could stay all day long, just staring at the cute Alpha.

“Hmm, not sure. I just woke up.” 

“Mm,” was all Jungkook got as a response and saw Taehyung staring at him with anticipation in his eyes.

“So?...” Taehyung said to him, placing small pecks on Jungkook’s bare chest that send pleasurable chills down his spine. Jungkook knew where the conversation was heading to, and it was making his heart tear into a million pieces by the thought that he would never know how it would feel to be in a relationship with Taehyung, which he knew was his soulmate, his Alpha. 

“Yeah?” 

“Don’t play dumb. About last night...what does that make us? Lovers? Boyfriends?” 

“Er…” Jungkook tried to reply, but no words would leave his mouth. Why was it so difficult to express his emotions? Why couldn’t he just confess to Taehyung that last night was amazing and he enjoyed every bit of it? Why couldn’t he just tell Taehyung that last night was also a mistake? That he had an Omega girlfriend, so their relationship wouldn’t work out. 

“Sorry,” He finally got the courage to say, and noticed the confused expression on Taehyung’s face. 

“What?” 

“Sorry, I don’t think this could work out…” 

“Why not?!” Taehyung raised an octave getting up from Jungkook’s chest and sitting up straight, not caring that he had a full view of Taehyung’s naked body.

“S-sorry.” He stuttered it was the only word he could utter at the moment because he really was sorry. Sorry that he was breaking the heart of his one and true love. Jungkook decided to sit up straight and leaned his back on the headboard, trying to find a source of support that he much needed at the moment. He couldn’t look straight into Taehyung’s eyes because he knew the Alpha would see through his mask, his pathetic attempt to hide his true self from the only person he knew could make him happy, the only person that could fill the void in his heart.

“Are you kidding me?! You had sex with me all night long, told me how good it felt, and the first thing you say to me when we finally get a chance talk is a fucking sorry?!” Jungkook heard, noticing the way Taehyung’s voice cracked a little by the anger he was probably feeling. 

“S-sorry…” He shamefully repeated, looking up to try to embed, one last time, the gorgeous facial features of Taehyung’s face, but instead he was met with the fist of the Alpha, that landed on his left eye. 

“Argh!” He groaned by the painful sensation in his eye, bringing his hands to cover the injured eye. Jungkook deserved the punch and even more, for acting like such a jerk. Why couldn't he just admit that he didn’t want their passionate night to end? Why couldn't he just admit that he was attracted to Taehyung?

“Asshole!” Taehyung snarled at Jungkook, feeling the bed sinking as the furious Alpha got off the bed and walked around the room, picking up the scattered pieces of clothes on the floor. Jungkook just watched as Taehyung slammed the door of his room, leaving him alone to drown in his own despair. Tears started to cloud his vision, and his body shook violently as his heart regretted the decision his mind just made. 

“Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I-I’m sorry!” Jungkook repeated, bringing his legs closer to his chest and hugging his knees. When would he stop hating his true self? When would he finally be free from this fear that was eating him alive? Jungkook wanted to love whoever he wanted without the constant fear of being looked down upon or being singled out for going against the norms of society. 

“A-alpha...Tae...hyung…cameb-back.” He whispered, tears finally streaming down his cheeks. Why was he such a coward? Why was he so harsh on himself, when he knew his parents’ death was not his fault? Why couldn’t he just admit that he wasn’t in love with Byul, and he was smitten by Taehyung’s dominating and powerful personality? 

“Kookie…” Jimin’s soft voice brought him back to reality.

“J-jimin.” Jungkook hiccuped, neglecting the pain in his left eye, which he knew was going to start brushing soon.

"What happened?! Why did Taehyung leave so angry?”

“T-taehyung...I-I can’t be with him,” Jungkook confessed, feeling more tears falling down his cheeks.

“Why not? It seems to me that both of you like each other. And from the way it smells like rough sex in here, it’s safe to say that you both hit it off last night. So what’s the problem?” 

“B-But...Byul…” 

“Really, Kookie? Break up with her! I know you don’t like her. Are you going to let your relationship with Taehyung end only because you’re afraid? Don’t worry, I’m here for you, and I’m sure Taehyung will protect you. I just want you to be happy...you deserve all the happiness in the world.” Jimin said, hugging him and burying his face in the crook of Jungkook’s neck. Jungkook wasn’t sure what to do. If he listened to Jimin, he'd lose all the stability he had created by being the perfect Alpha society wanted him to be, but if he kept going with his charade, the darkness within him would only grow stronger. Jungkook was certain about one thing though, without Taehyung, his heart would feel hollow, like if it had been ripped off his chest.

“Please, Kookie… don’t be harsh on yourself,” Jimin added, as the Omega scented him. It was an act they have always done since young, and it always made Jungkook feel better. However, Jimin’s scent was different, the usual vanilla scent that he wasn’t very fond of but nevertheless made him feel like home was more sweeter and more relaxing than usual. He knew for sure that this smell was not Jimin’s scent; this was the smell of fresh strawberries. It was so intoxicating, and it was driving the Alpha inside of him insane. 

“You smell so nice,” Jungkook confessed, burying his face in the crook of Jimin’s neck while inhaling as much as possible, the wonderful smell of strawberries. 

“You like it?” 

“Mm-hmm,” Jungkook admitted, taking deep breaths, trying to take in as much as possible the strawberry scent that he knew he was now addicted to. Jungkook wasn’t sure what would happen to the relationship with Taehyung or if he would muster all his courage to break up with Byul, but as he allowed himself to relax by the sweet smell of strawberries, he knew in his heart that everything was going to be alright.

—————

Seokjin’s room had never felt so cramped in his life as he stared into the darkness and reflected on the events that happened earlier today. Why was he so stupid for forgetting to inform his friends that he was safe? Why was he so intoxicated by Daniel’s freshly cut grass scent that he lost all rational and almost had sex with the Alpha on their first date? Maybe there was something wrong with him, or it could be the satisfactory feeling of being desired by an Alpha for the first time in his life.  

Ding!

Seokjin heard as he was interrupted from his thoughts by the sound of his phone. He noticed that it was Daniel who was messaging him, but Seokjin wasn’t in the mood to reply back, or maybe he was debating whether or not he should keep seeing the Alpha. Jimin had fallen asleep next to him a while ago, and the only sound in the room was Jimin slight snores and now his phone. It wasn’t as awkward as he thought it would be when he entered the bedroom with Jimin earlier that night. The Omega was very friendly and kept asking him random questions about his friendship with Hoseok and Namjoon. Jimin even kept talking about his Alpha friend, who he was certain was having a passionate night with a very attractive Alpha he met at the club. Seokjin just listened attentively as the Omega confessed that his Alpha friend was gay but didn’t want to openly come out by the fear of being judged, of being discriminated against. Seokjin was very open-minded about same-sex couples since his parents were a same-sex couple, so he sympathizes with Jimin’s friend.

Abruptly, the images of the news report he watched years ago about the Alpha/Alpha couple who got the death penalty for being who they were, came to his mind. It really amazed him how much society had changed since that awful day by not repeating the horrendous act of punishing those who are just trying to live their lives with the people they loved. Why were some people against same sub-gender couples? Seokjin didn’t see the harm or reason behind the discrimination because people had the right to love whoever they wanted, so he hoped Jimin’s friend would come to love himself and follow what his heart desired. With those thoughts in mind, he decided to read the messages Daniel had sent him. 

Daniel: Omega? 

Daniel: Hey! 

Daniel: Did you make it home safely? 

Seokjin read, only the light of his phone illuminated the darkroom. Was it worth it to jeopardize his friendship with Hoseok for an Alpha he just met? Of course not, but what about his dream of finally having an alpha that would help him with his heats? He wasn’t sure what to do. Should he reply to Daniel or not? Even after the trouble that he went through by seeing this Alpha. The Omega inside of him was begging Seokjin to reply and let the Alpha know that he was still interested. Taking a deep breath, he decided to start typing his response.

Seokjin: Yes, thank you for tonight. I had a wonderful time. 

Daniel: I had a wonderful time too, my lovely Omega. We should go on a date next weekend! Or whenever you are available. Maybe dinner? 

Seokjin: I’m not sure if I’m available, but I’ll let you know. 

Daniel: Okay...how’s your friend? He seemed very angry at me for some reason. 

Seokjin wanted to tell Daniel that it was the Alpha’s fault that Hoseok was angry at him, but he knew it wasn’t the truth. It was all Seokjin’s fault for being dumb, and he had to face the consequences of his actions. 

Seokjin: He’s fine. He’s just very protective over me, so he thought you were going to hurt me. That’s all. 

Daniel: Oh, I see.

Seokjin: I have to go to sleep now. Talk to you later, and have a good night. 

Daniel: Night, my beautiful Omega. 

“Hyung?” a soft voice startled him, making him drop his phone. 

“Sheesh! You scared me!” He answered, placing a hand over his heart, trying to calm his nerves.

“Sorry…” 

“Are you okay? Did I wake you up?” Seokjin asked, feeling guilty by causing any disturbance to the young Omega. 

“I’m fine, just can’t sleep for some reason.” 

“Oh, me either. It’s been a long night.” 

“Your fight with Hoseok?” 

“Yeah, Hoseok is very angry. I just hope he can forgive me.” He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. 

“I’m sure he will, hyung. Just give him time. He cares about you so much that he was mad for what you did.”

“Yeah, you are right…let’s go to sleep, okay?”

“Hyung,”  

“Yeah?” 

“Can we cuddle? Sorry, I knew we just met and all, but you just smell so nice, and I feel calm being next to you.” Jimin shyly confessed. He was not giving to lie to himself and say it didn’t feel awkward at the thought of cuddling with the Omega since he just met the younger, but he loved to cuddle, so he complied.

“Mm-hmm, come over here,” Seokjin said to Jimin, and the young Omega scooted closer until Jimin’s back was pressed against his chest, and Seokjin hugged the Omega’s waist.

“Night hyung.” Jimin softly said. Seokjin missed cuddling with Hoseok and Namjoon, and now that he was fighting with Hoseok, he missed the affection even more. 

“Night Jimin,” He replied, yawning and slowly drifting off to sleep, trying to rest before he faced Hoseok’s wrath in the morning.

————- 

“Jinnie...Jinnie...wake up, Jinnie!” Seokjin heard as he stirred in bed. Who was waking him up when he was so tired? 

“Five more minutes!” He whined, hugging tighter a warm and comfortable body, which he remembered it was Jimin who stayed overnight. 

“Five minutes! Or no breakfast for you!” Namjoon yelled, and at the thought of not eating any breakfast, he quickly got up. Dragging himself out of bed and heading to the bathroom, with no intention of waking Jimin up, Seokjin took a long shower and prepared himself for the day. He didn’t have a lot planned, but he needed to think of ways to apologize to Hoseok. After half an hour, he was ready for breakfast. 

“Good morning, hyung!” Jimin smiled at him as he got out of the bathroom. Seokjin was using a towel to dry his wet hair since he felt too tired to use a blow dryer.

“Morning.” 

“Namjoon-hyung let me use Hoseok’s bathroom and also let me borrow some of your clothes…I hope you don’t mind.” 

Seokjin noticed that the Omega was wearing his favorite purple long sleeve shirt that Hoseok gave him for his birthday last year and that he wears every time he slept in the same bed with Hoseok, no matter the weather outside. Since he got cold easily, Hoseok especially bought him that shirt to wear inside the house. Seokjin felt irritated by the way Namjoon gave away a garment that he used almost every day, but he didn’t have the energy to fight back since Jimin was oblivious to the sentiment behind the shirt that was given to him.

Breakfast was quiet, too quiet for his liking, but Hoseok was still avoiding his presence, and Seokjin felt like the world was against him. Hopefully, Hoseok’s anger would subside so he could have a proper conversation, and he could apologize for his conduct. Jimin soon left after they were done with breakfast, and he bitterly said goodbye to the Omega and his favorite shirt. They were able to exchange numbers, so maybe Seokjin could ask for his shirt back. 

He was sitting on the couch, going over his notes for a math test he was going to have next week when the movement of feet interrupted his concentration. Seokjin looked away from his notebook only to notice Namjoon and Hoseok sitting on the couch they had on the other side of the living room. 

“What’s going on?” Seokjin asked, raising an eyebrow, trying to understand what was happening. Were Hoseok and Namjoon going to throw him away from the apartment, even though he paid for half the rent and essentials? Had his actions offended Hoseok that much? He sat his notes down and looked at his friends worriedly.

"Go on, say what you wanted to say,” Namjoon instructed Hoseok to speak up, seeing as the latter was only staring down at the floor. Ah, maybe Hoseok wanted to talk about what happened last night? If so, Seokjin was ready to properly apologize. 

“Sorry...Jinnie, I’m sorry for acting like a maniac last night,”

“Don’t be sorry. I’m the one that should be apologizing to you! I know what I did was wrong. I should have followed our safety system. You only wanted what was best for me, and I’m always grateful for that.” 

“But—-” 

“No more apologies. I promise it won’t happen again. Would you forgive me for my selfish actions?” Seokjin begged. 

“I forgive you, but don’t do that again. We were both scared that something horrible happened to you.” Hoseok scolded softly.

“Yeah, Jinnie. That Alpha looked very intimidating.” Namjoon confessed. 

“Daniel? Really? He’s been nothing but a gentleman.”

“Maybe to you! But not to us, he was ready to kill us!”

“Because Hoseok kept glaring at him,” Namjoon added. 

“That’s not true! I was just worried about Jinnie, so I had to show my dominance side in case he was hurting him.” 

“Right...he was definitely hurting me that I was ready to—-” Seokjin stopped himself. He felt embarrassed to confess to his friends that he found THE Alpha, his Alpha, that he wanted to assist him with his heat.

“Ready to what?” Hoseok questioned, and Seokjin just blushed, feeling his ears and face turning red from embarrassment. 

“Umm…” 

“Yeah?” Namjoon added, seeing how his two friends were at the edge of their seats ready for his answer.

“Ready to have sex.” He rapidly said, and cover his face with the palm of his hands. What would his friends think of him? And why was he acting like someone who just confessed their dying love to their long-time crush?

“What? Can you repeat that again?” Namjoon asked. 

“I said I was ready to have sex with him,” Seokjin wholeheartedly stated. 

“But, but you just met him? Why?” 

“I really like Daniel, and I feel like he’s the one. Try to understand that I want to give him a chance.” Seokjin confessed, seeing the pained expression on Hoseok’s face. 

“And if everything goes well, I want him to help me with my next heat.” 

“But, I always help you with your heats!” Hoseok raised his voice. True, Hoseok had been his heat partner since he first presented, sometimes even with Namjoon, but dealing with his heat with another Omega was not his wish. Seokjin’s dream was to find a gentle Alpha who loved him and weren’t like the bastards that raped his Omega mother.

“Are you sure about this?” Namjoon questioned with a stern and serious expression on his face that sent chills down Seokjin's spine. Namjoon was usually the peacemaker in the group and rarely got very angry, so to see the Beta so serious made him realize that he was in disagreement with Seokjin’s decision. 

“But, Joon!” Hoseok interrupted. 

“Stop it, Hoseok! Jinnie, are you sure about being in a serious relationship with this Daniel guy?” 

“Yeah, I want to go out with Daniel and get to know him better. If everything goes well...you know. He will be my Alpha and me, his Omega.” 

Seokjin knew that maybe he was being too eager by the thought that finally there was someone who liked him for who he was, and not as a friend because he was not the stereotypical docile and delicate Omega. Maybe he was taking his relationship with Daniel too fast, but he didn’t care. Seokjin knew that not all Alphas were barbaric and cruel as his parents described them to be. He needed to prove to Namjoon and Hoseok that Daniel was a wonderful Alpha who only wanted to have a serious relationship with him.

Notes:

So what are your thoughts? Will Jungkook break up with Byul and finally go out with Taehyung? Did Jin make the right decision by continuing to see Daniel?

I look forward to reading your comments.

 

My Twitter: Kumasama92

Chapter 9: Second Changes

Summary:

It was a hot summer day, where you could hear the birds chirping, the laughter of small children, and people enjoying their lives. Despite the joyous atmosphere, Taehyung felt lifeless, and no matter how much he tried mustered a smile, it was in vain.

Notes:

I’m finally back with an update!! I really like how this chapter turned out.

I hope you like it!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung’s blood was boiling with anger as he ran out of Jungkook’s apartment. He didn’t feel like going back home, where he knew Yoongi was going to question him on why he looked as if he had just escaped from a horror movie. His shirt was ripped wide open, and you could see the hickeys and bite marks Jungkook had left on his body, shoes untied, no socks, messy hair, and cheeks stained with tears. He felt like his heart was crushed into a million pieces and with an immense void in his heart. Taehyung thought he finally found his soulmate, but in the end, it was all a dream. A sad reality that he needed to bitterly accept: Jungkook didn't want to be with him despite the passionate night they shared and the deep attraction they had for each other. Now, Taehyung felt lost, and life seemed so pointless. How was he supposed to live on knowing that the love of his life rejected him?

Taehyung walked through the streets aimlessly. It was a hot summer day, where you could hear the birds chirping, the laughter of small children, and people enjoying their lives. Despite the joyous atmosphere, Taehyung felt lifeless, and no matter how much he tried to muster a smile, it was in vain. How could his Alpha reject him? How could Jungkook act like such a jerk? How could Jungkook repeatedly apologize, but not care about Taehyung’s feelings, and act as if the soft kisses and rough sex meant nothing? To not even try to have a civil conversation with him like an adult Alpha angered him even more. Taehyung thought Jungkook was more open-minded or even was interested in him, but he was wrong, and the worst part was that he could never forget the sweet and intoxicating taste of Jungkook’s lips or the way the Alpha’s rough hands caressed his body. The marks on his body may disappear over time, but the deep attraction Taehyung had towards Jungkook would never vanish from his heart. 

“Mister, are you okay? Why are you crying?” A high, pitched voice interrupted his thoughts. The sun shone directly onto his face, so Taehyung placed a hand over his eyes to block the burning light, and get a good view of the person who was talking to him.

“I’m fine.” He replied, whipping away the tears with the back of his hand, and tried to look for the source of the voice, but all he was met with was a small child, looking at him with an innocent and worried expression.

“Are you sad?” The little girl continued to ask. Taehyung didn’t know if it was the way the little girl spoke, or that he couldn’t contain the buddle up emotions inside of him anymore, but he crouched down and started sobbing uncontrollably. Small hands patted his head as he let out an ugly cry; he probably looked pathetic purring all of his emotions out in front of a small child, but he didn’t care. Taehyung wanted to crawl into a hole and never get out, he was heartbroken, and he knew he might never recover.

“Mister…?” 

“S-sorry…” Taehyung said hiccuping. Why was he so pathetic? Why was he crying like if Jungkook was the only Alpha in the world? Why did he have to fall for Jungkook’s charming looks? Maybe Yoongi was right, maybe Taehyung was being naive to instantly fall for the Alpha, but he couldn’t help it when Jungkook was so ethereal, so breathtaking.

“Sorry,” he repeated and got up quickly and started to run. He didn’t know where he was going or where the nearest bus stop was located. Taehyung couldn’t let a little girl console him; he needed to find a way home and get himself together. Maybe Yoongi was there, so he could knock some sense into him and tell him to forget about Jungkook, to look for a different Alpha who wouldn’t break his heart after their first night together.

Taehyung was tired as he opened the door to his apartment. He couldn't remember exactly how he got home, but the soreness of his feet meant he must have walked a long way to get to his destination. Taehyung couldn’t wait to take a shower and go to bed, even though he knew he wasn’t going to get any sleep, it was midday after all, and with the way he was feeling, Taehyung knew getting some sleep was the least of his worries. He didn’t care that he had to go to work later that day or that he needed to finish a lab report for one of his classes, all that mattered was to get in bed and cry. He wanted to cry until he wouldn’t feel miserable by thinking of Jungkook, the Alpha that would never be his. Dragging his legs to his room, he stumbled upon his best friend, Yoongi, who was sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Tae! You’re finally home. How did it go wit—” Yoongi said to him, but before his friend could finish talking, Taehyung launched himself towards Yoongi. All the emotions he tried to hold back roused up once again, so he let himself go, knowing that Yoongi would be there to console him. 

“Y-oo-ngi…” Taehyung whimpered as he hugged Yoongi, tightly, while burying his face in the crook of Yoongi’s neck and clenched Yoongi’s shirt. 

“Tae...What happened?”

“J-Jungkook,” Taehyung whimpered.

“Did he do something to you?! Tae, look at me?! Did Jungkook force himself on you?! What happened to your shirt?!” Yoongi bombarded him with questions, growling in anger. Yoongi lifted Taehyung’s head and cupped his cheeks, making him face the furious Omega. Taehyung couldn’t speak, so he just let his tears stream down his cheeks, and he sniffled as he felt his nose running.

“Taehyung! Say something!” Yoongi demanded, but Taehyung couldn’t find a way to make any concrete words come out of his mouth. All he wanted to do was cry and drown in his own sorrow caused by his pathetic love life.

“TAE!” Yoongi yelled, furrowing his eyebrows in anger. Taehyung had always been a crybaby since he was young, and Yoongi had always protected him from any bullies or people who tried to mess with him for being open about his sexuality. He knew that if Yoongi didn’t get a response soon, the Omega would storm out of the apartment and find Jungkook, and he didn’t want his friend to waste any time dealing with an Alpha that Taehyung knew wasn’t worthy of his time, even though he stupidly fell for Jungkook’s charming looks.

“N-no,” Taehyung weakly reply, shaking his head side to side in disagreement.

“Then, what happened? Why are you in such a horrible state? And why are you crying?”

“H-he...Jungkook doesn’t want to see me anymore… he just told me that he was sorry and...and…” Taehyung murmured before he started wailing. He knew the face he was making was not pleasant to look at, but he didn’t care. Taehyung knew he was in the safety of his home, and Yoongi would never leave him alone. Yoongi placed a hand on the back of Taehyung’s head and brought it back to his neck. Taehyung wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s waist and continued with his painful sobs that echoed throughout the living room. 

“Everything is going to be okay… just let it all out. I’m here... so cry Tae. Cry and forget about that bastard.” Yoongi whispered while drawing circles with his fingertips on Taehyung’s back to try to soothe his emotions.

“It hurts Yoongi; it hurts so much. Why doesn’t he want to be with me? Did I do something wrong? I thought we both felt the same attraction...but...but, it’s not fair! IT’S NOT FAIR!!!!” Taehyung rambled, sobbing on Yoongi’s neck. He felt terrible that he was getting Yoongi’s neck and shirt wet with his tears, but right now, he wanted to scream, he wanted to express his anger about the Alpha that broke his heart. 

Taehyung didn't know for how long he cried on Yoongi’s shoulders, but now, after what felt like hours, he couldn’t produce any more tears. His nose felt stuffed up, and his breathing was congested, but the pain in his heart still lingered, threatening to grow stronger.

“Here, drink some hot tea. It should help you feel better.” Yoongi told him, handing Taehyung his favorite red mug that he got a few months ago. Taehyung was sitting on the couch with his knees pressed against his chest and wrapped up in a blanket Yoongi had placed around him.

“Thanks…” He answered. Taehyung just stared into the dark, gloomy depths of his tea, feeling hopeless, empty, and dejected. Why was life treating him like shit? Would he ever find the Alpha of his dreams?

“Feel any better now that you cried?” 

“Mm-Hmm, but it still hurts, though….” 

“Of course, it still hurts. You got your heartbroken today. Over time, you’ll feel a little better.”

“...I thought I finally found my one and true love, you know? I felt the spark, and I’m sure he felt it too… besides, last night was amazing. The best night of my life, but Jungkook had to destroy it when he rejected me.” Taehyung sighed.

“Did you ask him why? Did he give you an explanation?” Yoongi asked him, and Taehyung thought back to the events from earlier and realized that Jungkook never gave him a concrete explanation. All Jungkook said to him was sorry, and Taehyung lost all rationality and left. He'd felt so hurt about being rejected that he felt he needed to run away before he broke down in front of the Alpha. 

“No…”

“I see...I still don’t like that he played you dirty like that, but maybe, when you are ready, try to talk with him? At least ask for an explanation. It’s the least he could do after the way he treated you.” Yoongi said to him, walking around the living room, picking up scattered notebooks he had laid down.

“Oh, by the way. I’m going to take your shift tonight. Stay home and get some rest. Don’t worry about work, I called the manager, and he said it was fine for me to go instead of you.” Yoongi confessed to Taehyung. What did Taehyung do to deserve such a wonderful and supportive friend? If it wasn’t for Yoongi, he didn’t know what his life would have turned out or if he would be living on the streets after he confessed to his parents about his sexuality. 

“You didn’t have to do that. Today is your only day off.”

“It’s okay. I could use the extra money. Plus, I already finished my homework, so don’t worry about it.”

“Mm.” Taehyung softly hummed, taking sips of his tea. He knew the pain in his heart would still be there tomorrow, and the day after, but he was never a person to dwelled on his sorrows forever. Taehyung needed to move forward, even if he didn’t want to let go of the feelings he had developed towards Jungkook.

Ding! Ding! Ding! 

Taehyung was interrupted from his thoughts by the sound of his phone. 

Jimin: Hey Taehyung. It’s Jimin... 

Jimin: Can we talk about Jungkook? 

Jimin: Please don’t give up on him! Please, can we talk even if it’s just for a little bit? 

Taehyung just stared at the three messages Jimin just sent to him, and he knew he might regret the decision later and knew he might get hurt again, but Taehyung needed to ask Jimin a few questions. He needed to specifically ask if Jimin knew why Jungkook rejected him. 

Taehyung: Okay...meet me at my house at 7 pm.

Placing his phone down on the couch, he took a deep breath and another sip of his tea. Taehyung just hoped his feelings wouldn’t get crushed once again.

——————-

A week had passed in a blink of an eye after Seokjin’s first date with Daniel. Hoseok was still not happy about his decision to ask Daniel to be his heat partner or that Seokjin was smitten by the Alpha’s charming personality. Nevertheless, Seokjin was determined to make his first relationship with an Alpha work out. He just arrived home after tutoring a student who was struggling with their math test, and he was tried. Math was never his strong point, but he was decent enough to teach others or at least point them in the right direction. 

“Hey Jinnie, you’re finally home. How was your day?” Namjoon asked him as he entered the kitchen. Namjoon was making Ramyun, and although Hoseok and Seokjin were always wary every time the Beta stepped into the kitchen, Seokjin was glad his friend could at least make the most basic food. At least Seokjin was relieved to know that Namjoon wouldn’t starve to death.

“Tried as always. The student I was tutoring today was struggling to get the math problem correctly. I fucking hate calculus! Why do we have to take it when we are not majoring in anything that requires us to use math? Unless you go into a science major or anything in that style, I don’t see the point! What does math have to do with acting? Do I have to calculate the number of words that are written in my script, or how many seconds it would take for me to memorize my lines if I only have two hours to study per day? I don’t think so!”

“Woah! Calm down, Jinnie. It’s not that serious, it’s just math, but I kind of get what you are saying. Math doesn’t have anything to do with music either. Unless you count finding the perfect timing/sequence for a certain beat.” 

“Exactly! Ugh, I’m so ready for my last year of college to end, so I can start looking for an acting agency. Although my advisor told me the university is affiliated with many famous entertainment companies so I shouldn’t worry about it… but we’ll see.” Seokjin shrugged, sitting down on the chair of the small table that they had in the kitchen. He didn’t want to start thinking about all the obstacles he would have to face once he debuts as an actor. Alphas primarily dominated the music industry, and the few Omegas who had risen to fame were accused of sleeping with executives to get their status, sponsors, as the public called it. However, Seokjin wanted to be acknowledged by his talent, not by his sub-gender, plus, he would never sleep with anyone to get a job he knew he was capable of doing with pure talent. 

“Jinnie, I told you already that my dad can help you get an audition and a contract in the same agency he got me the internship.”

“And I already told you that I don’t want to get a contract using connections. It would beat the purpose of defying all odds. I really appreciate it, Joonie, but I need to fight my own battles.”

“But, Jinnie…”

“Let’s stop this conversation. You know you’ll never change my mind, so where’s Hoseok? He’s not coming home tonight?” Seokjin eschewed the conversation. He was really grateful to Namjoon for being a very supportive friend, but Seokjin needed to win his own battles to prove to himself that he could succeed in life. He wanted to become a role model to other Omegas who were being oppressed by the dominant entertainment industry of Alphas. He wanted to show others that even though he was an Omega, he could make his dream of becoming an amazing actor a reality. 

“Not until later, he said something about practicing a dance routine with Jimin. I think they are entering a dance competition or something. I can’t remember.” Namjoon replied. 

“Oh, I see.” 

“So, how are things with...what was his name again? The Alpha you are seeing.” 

“Daniel. His name is Daniel.” 

“Oh yeah, Daniel! So how are things with him going? Got another date this weekend?” 

“No...We have been texting a few times over the course of the week, but he hasn’t—” Seokjin was halfway through his answer when he was interrupted by the sound of his phone. He took out the phone out of his pocket and noticed that it was Daniel texting him.

“It’s him.” He excitedly told Namjoon. The Beta proceeded to sit down next to Seokjin and leaned closer to get a good view of his phone.

Daniel: How’s my beautiful Omega doing today?

Daniel: Are you available today? 

Daniel: Let's go grab dinner. I want to see you again, Omega. I miss seeing your beautiful face.

“Sheesh, he’s very...hmm, how do I say it…” Namjoon said to him, rubbing the back of his head. 

“Charming? Well-mannered? A gentleman?”

“No, he’s very... weird. Why does he keep calling you Omega? You have a name, and it’s Seokjin. It’s like he’s not acknowledging you as a person but just by your sub-gender. It’s very strange to me. Are you sure you want this guy to be your heat partner? Hobi is very willing to help you, but if you don’t mind...I can help you along with him. It won’t be the first time Hobi, and I help you through your heat. I just don’t want you to put yourself at risk just because you want an Alpha to assist you.” 

“Would you stop that! You sound just like Hobi! Besides, I don’t mind Daniel calling me Omega. I think it’s a very cute nickname. After all, soon, I’ll be his Omega, and he'll be my Alpha.” 

“I still don’t like it, but fine. Whatever you say. I know that no matter what I say, nothing will change your mind. So are you going to accept going to dinner with him tonight?”

“Of course! I can’t wait to see him!” Seokjin happily stated. He didn't understand why his friends were being very protective of him when Daniel had been nothing but a wonderful person to him. 

Seokjin: Yes! I would love to go for dinner tonight. Just send me the location and time.

Seokjin: I can’t wait to see you! 

Daniel: Ok, but I’m still not sure where we should go! Let’s decide once we meet up. Let’s meet at 7 pm. I can’t wait to see you...my beautiful Omega!!

“Sorry, Joonie, but I have to go get ready for my date.” Seokjin eagerly said, getting up from the chair and running to his room before Namjoon could say anything. 

Seokjin spent the next two hours getting ready for his date with Daniel. He wasn’t sure what to wear, so to make it easier for him, he asked Namjoon for help. Namjoon had a good sense of fashion, and he trusted his friend’s good judgment to pick an outfit that would make him stand out. Namjoon picked out a light blue dress shirt that Seokjin tucked into his black slacks, while his hair was styled so that his forehead was slightly showing. 

“Are you sure this looks fine? It’s not too formal, right?” Seokjin pouted and furrowed his eyebrows in frustration, looking at himself in the mirror. He thought the outfit was a little too scandalous from the regular clothes he wore, which were baggy shirts and sweaters, and the clothes he had on were not his style at all.

“It’s fine, Jinnie. This will give you and Daniel a wider range of restaurants you can go to. Plus, when you tuck in your shirt like this, it highlights your small waist. You look stunning!” Namjoon reassured him. Seokjin wasn’t very confident about his body. Growing up, he was continuously bullied for having an Alpha-like body, compared to other Omegas whose physical appearance was very petite, like Jimin’s small body proportions that could make any Alpha feel the need to protect and shield from any danger. 

“But Joonie, this shirt also highlights my wide shoulders. Daniel is going to get intimidated by my looks. I don’t want to scare him away.” 

“Jinnie, trust me. The last thing he’ll want to do is run away after he sees you. You’re so beautiful, and anyone would die to have someone so ethereal like you as their date.” 

“You’re exaggerating, but if you say so...I guess it’s fine.” Seokjin softly added. He still wasn’t confident about his outfit, but he knew he couldn’t dwell on his insecurities for a long time, or he’d be late for his date.

“Here, some red lip gloss. It will make your lips even plumper. Daniel is going to fall on his knees when he sees you.” Namjoon smirked at him while applying the lip gloss. Seokjin hoped Namjoon was right because he really wanted to impress Daniel tonight to make up for the bad experience of their first date. 

“There, all glossed up. You are all set. Now, go on before you are late. Oh, and don’t forget to text me like always, and this time don’t forget.” 

“Okay. Thanks, Joonie! See ya later!” Seokjin replied. If he looked as beautiful as Namjoon had stated, Seokjin couldn’t wait to see the look on Daniel’s face. 

Seokjin arrived five minutes ahead of their meeting time and was currently sitting down on a bench near Hoseok’s dance studio. Daniel had informed him that there was an Italian restaurant nearby that his sister had told him had good food and a romantic environment, perfect for their second date. The idea of Daniel not liking him anymore due to Hoseok’s confrontation or leaving him deserted on this bench crossed Seokjin’s mind. He really liked Daniel and wanted to make their relationship work, even though his friends were against it. Seokjin bounced his leg up and down in nervousness, his hands were sweating, and his heart was beating so fast he thought it was going to jump out of his body. Was dating this stressful and nerve-wracking? 

“Boo!” Seokjin heard, making him jump back further against the bench in fear. With eyes open wide, Seokjin looked for the source of the voice and saw Daniel with a smug facial expression staring right at him. 

“Don’t scare me like that!” He scolded, hitting Daniel’s chest as the Alpha let out a series of giggles. 

“Sorry, sorry… but you look so cute staring into space and looking all nervous.” Daniel confessed to him, getting closer to Seokjin’s face and placing a quick peck on his lips. 

“I was really scared. Don’t do that again.” Seokjin pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. 

“Why are you so adorable? Is my Omega angry?” 

“I’m not. I was… just really frightened.” 

“Sorry, I won’t do it again. Would you forgive me?” Daniel apologized, making puppy eyes. The frightening moment had erased all the nervousness he was feeling, and he sighed and slumped his shoulders, leaning his forehead against Daniel’s shoulder.

“Fine. I forgive you, but no more jokes, okay.”

“Understood! Now, let’s go eat. I’m starving.” Daniel whispered to him, ruffling Seokjin’s hair as he continued to lean his forehead on Daniel’s shoulder, but stood up quickly because he was starting to feel hungry. 

“So, where’s the restaurant?” Seokjin asked intertwining hands with Daniel as they walked together to the restaurant Yuna had suggested. 

“Just behind that building.” 

“Where? Behind that—-” Seokjin tried to say but felt a sudden sharp pain in his shoulder, and he was pushed backward. Someone had bumped into him and didn’t even apologize. 

“WHAT THE HELL IS HER PROBLEM!” Seokjin heard Daniel growl. Suddenly, the strong smell of lemongrass filled his nostrils, and his body trembled in excitement. The intoxicating scent was making his mind hazy, and his knees were starting to feel weak.

“Omega, are you okay?” He heard, but the strong scent of lemongrass still lingering in the air caused him to whimper.

“Nngh!” Seokjin moaned as he felt slick pouring out of his hole and starting to stain his underwear. What was wrong with him? Why was the scent of lemongrass arousing him so much?

Notes:

I hate cliffhangers but it’s necessary for what’s going to happen lol

So any guess? Who do you think Seokjin just smelled? What do you think is going to happen?

I look forward to reading your comments.

Chapter 10: The Unexpected Heat Pt.1

Summary:

All he could do was embrace the scorching heat, and melt under its influence. He felt slick gushing out of his hole, sliding down his thighs staining the black slacks Namjoon specifically picked out for him. Thousands of unanswered questions ran through his mind. Why did his body suddenly feel heavy?

Notes:

WARNING ⚠️ RAPED SCENE!!!

You would see another Warning sign before and after the scene, so if you are triggered just skip it over.

Now that I wrote that warning, I wanted to say that this chapter has a lot of surprises.

Y'all going to hate me 😭

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Omega!” Seokjin heard as an unexplainable heat ran through his body. The worst heatwave they got during summer, was nothing compared to the flaming-hot feeling he was currently experiencing, it was like he was shoved inside a burning hot oven with no escape. All he could do was embrace the scorching heat, and melt under its influence. He felt slick gushing out of his hole, sliding down his thighs, staining the black slacks Namjoon specifically picked out for him. Thousands of unanswered questions ran through his mind. Why did his body suddenly feel heavy? Was there something wrong with him? And why did the scent of an unknown Alpha make him feel so aroused? Seokjin felt a massive void in his heart. His heart ached. It burned, at the sensation of his soulmate getting away, leaving an enormous pain in his soul. It was a feeling he'd never felt before, not even with Daniel.
Nevertheless, Seokjin felt certain that Daniel was his soulmate, despite what his inner wolf was telling him. He ignored the desperateness of his inner voice, begging to seek out the unknown Alpha. Instead, he focused on what was important to him at the moment, why was he going into an early heat after just smelling the scent of lemongrass? His heat wasn’t supposed to come for another two months, so why was it happening now? In the middle of the streets where any Alpha could take advantage of him, no less.

“A-alpha!” He begged, crouching down onto the floor, placing his hands over his abdomen to try to lessen the immense pain. Seokjin’s nostrils flared up as the odor of lemongrass lingered on his clothes. He prayed to the Moon Goddess that Daniel would be kind enough to help him through his heat, despite barely knowing each other. It would make his heat less painful than it had been in the past when Hoseok or Namjoon had helped him. He supposed it was illogical to think that an Alpha would not help an Omega in heat. It was their instinct, it was in their biology, and it was Seokjin’s dream to have an Alpha aid him through his heat.

“D-Daniel...A-Alpha…” Seokjin whined, curling up fetal style on the ground, chest heaving as the intensifying, burning sensation in his body kept rising up. His body felt like it was on fire, and no matter how much he tried to get up and look for his Alpha and begged for a source of relief, it was futile. Seokjin had no strength at all. He was lucky he could even utter some words or keep his eyes open or even move because every second that passed by felt like he was burning in a pit of fire. He had never experienced such a strong heat; a heat so intensified that he thought he was burning alive. 

“Shit, Omega...you’re in heat.” Seokjin vaguely heard as he felt his body being levitated and the sensation of the hot summer breeze hitting his face. It felt nice as his body bounced up and down by the movement, and the feeling of strong hands firmly pressed against his delicate body, but it was not enough to soothe his desire of having an Alpha's knot inside of him. Seokjin wanted to feel needed; he wanted to feel safe in Daniel's embrace.

“A-Alpha…” he whined, loving how Daniel's cool hands soothed his body and made the heat less painful, and more bearable. When would Daniel stop torturing him so much? If only the Alpha would help him relieve some of his pain, it would lessen some of his endless torment. Maybe Daniel was taking him somewhere safe where they could spend his heat together, where Daniel could freely help him without anyone interfering. Seokjin’s body trembled in excitement, imagining that soon, he might be feeling the rough hands of an Alpha against his soft and sensitive skin. This was the moment Seokjin had been dreaming off all his life, the instant where the Alpha of his dreams, would help him through his dreadful heats.

Seokjin whimpered as the movement came to a sudden stop, and the scent of Lemongrass perished. Although the scent had vanished, the burning sensation in his abdomen still lingered. He could feel that his whole body was coated with sweat, and his chest felt congested, and his throat sore from his cries. Seokjin still didn’t know where Daniel was taking him or the location he was currently in, but he trusted his Alpha, and he knew Daniel would never harm him.

“GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF SEOKJIN!!” He heard, but Seokjin was too focused on trying to ease the pain in his body, to recognize the voice of the person who was stopping their tracks. 

“Don't you dare speak to me like that Omega! I’m not going to hurt him. He’s mine, and I’ll do whatever I want with him. Besides, I would never harm him. Why do you think I called you here for? To help me, so stop with your shitty attitude!” 

“If you care so much about him, then where are you taking him, huh? You told me to meet you at the bus stop, and we are nowhere near it. You were probably going back to your house where you could take advantage of him. Shitty Alpha!” 

“What did you just said to me?!” 

“Alpha…” Seokjin whined the sudden release of angry pheromones caused his heatwave to be intensified, and he felt more slick, pouring out of his entrance.

“Hoseok, please calm down! I know you are worried about Jinnie, but look at him! He’s in heat. We need to take him to safety first.” 

“But Jimin…” 

“Fuck! Can you two stop with your chit chat! I’ve been suppressing my Alpha from devouring him for a while. Do you think it’s easy for an Alpha to not help an Omega in heat? Do you know how hard it’s been for me to fight off other Alpha’s who were affected by his heat while also trying to protect him?... Just take him, before I lose control. His pheromones are driving me insane. Shit! He smells so fucking good.” 

Suddenly, Seokjin felt his body being shoved into another pair of strong arms, and the cooling sensation of Daniel’s hands were slowly fading away. Where was his Alpha going? Seokjin needed him; he wanted him to touch him more to relieve the fire that was burning his body from the inside out. 

“NOO! ALPHA...COMEBACK!” he screeched, squirming around, trying to reach for the cooling sensation his Alpha’s touch provided him, but it was in vain. He had completed lost the only source of relief he wanted. 

“No, Jinnie. We are taking you back home. I already call Namjoon, and he’s ready to help you. Let’s go back. You’ll be okay.” He heard, but the emotional turmoil of losing Daniel’s touch was clouding his mind, preventing Seokjin from focusing on the words that were said to him. 

“NOO! Nngh! I want Alpha. Please take me to my Alpha!” Seokjin implored, but it was pointless as he was only taken further away from the only person who could help him through his heat. 

“A-Alpha...I want Alpha…” he continued to beg, as more slick poured out of his hole while the breeze of a hot summer night hit his face once again. 

“Everything is going to be alright, Jinnie. Namjoonie-hyung will help you. And Hoseok too. You’re safe now.” He heard, feeling someone parting his sweaty bangs off his forehead when suddenly, he felt another sudden stop. 

“Jimin, take my phone and call Namjoon. Tell him we are on our way.” 

“Okay,” 

Seokjin had been too delusional to realize that there were people around him who were not Daniel, or maybe his brain was just ignoring their presence. Was that Hoseok’s voice? Jimin? When did they get here? And why were his friends preventing him from having an Alpha’s knot inside of him? He just wished someone would hurry up and relieve him from this agonizing pain.

————

Seokjin couldn't remember when he lost consciousness, but as he opened his eyes, the strong smell of Herbal plants and the distress scent of an Omega in heat, which he immediately recognized as Hoseok, filled his nostrils. The scent of the unknown Alpha that lingered in the air was oddly familiar, yet he had never met an Alpha whose scent was so strong that it made his knees feel like jelly. How was an Alpha able to get inside their home? Why was Hoseok in heat? And where was Namjoon? 

“How could you do this to me?! How dare you touch Jinnie while he was barely conscious?! Stop! Don’t!! Stay away from me, you monster!” Seokjin heard as Hoseok’s distressed voice made him open his eyes wide and sit up straight. As he took a look at his surroundings, he realized that he was in bed, completely naked, and the burning sensation in his abdomen had subsided. Did someone help him with his heat? Was it Daniel? Did Daniel finally knot him? Because Seokjin had never felt so satisfied in his life and looking down between his thighs, he could see semen pouring out of him, which meant he was penetrated. However, Seokjin knew that it was only the beginning, and another heatwave would hit him soon. It was just a matter of time, and the idea of some unknown Alpha who knotted him gave Seokjin goosebumps. 

“Omega! You’re my omega!” Seokjin heard a familiar voice growl, he looked up and realized who the voice belonged to, and a reality that he would have never imagined hit him like a bucket of cold water. Aside from Hoseok and Seokjin, Namjoon was the only one who was in the room with them. He noticed that Namjoon’s eyes were flashing red, and the younger’s lips and chin were stained with blood as a loud growling noise echoed in the room. It was like the Beta Seokjin knew was no longer present, and a chill ran down Seokjin’s spine as he saw Namjoon move closer towards Hoseok, who was on the floor desperately crawling away with a deep bite mark visible on the Omega’s nape. Seokjin was confused and terrified by the scene he was witnessing, never in his life, he would have imagined that his childhood friend, his lovely and caring Namjoon, would be releasing such a strong Alpha scent. How could that be possible? What the hell was happening? Why was Namjoon suddenly emitting Alpha pheromones? Namjoon had never shown any signs of being an Alpha, but the strong scent of herbal plants was enough proof to him that his Namjoon had indeed presented as an Alpha.

“Alpha?...” Seokjin murmured, afraid of getting an answer. 

[START OF RAPED SCENE]

“Jinnie! You’re awake! Help me!” Hoseok shouted, crawling to Seokjin’s bed with pleading eyes, while tears were streaming down his cheeks. He felt helpless; what was Seokjin supposed to do? Seokjin was scared, scared of being forced to mate with Namjoon, even though he knew it was impossible since Namjoon had just mated with Hoseok. There was no way he could detain the younger who had lost all rational and who now had the strength of an Alpha. Especially not when Seokjin was in the middle of his heat, and barely had any strength in his body to move. Yet, Seokjin knew Hoseok needed his help even though he was certain it was in vain. No one could resist the strong smell of an Alpha, not when they were both helpless Omegas in heat. 

“Joon! Stop!” Seokjin demanded, his voice shaking in fear. There was no way he was going to let Namjoon get away with whatever the Alpha was thinking of doing to them. Even if he had to fight him, even if it was too late to save Hoseok from being forcefully mated to Namjoon.

“Did you just order me Omega?” Namjoon glared at him, and all Seokjin could do was gulp down his accumulated saliva as the tone of voice Namjoon was projecting was making his inner wolf whimpered in horror. 

“Y-Yeah...S-top it N-Namjoon I know y-you don’t want t-this!” He stuttered, clenching his fist, hard, trying to control his body from shaking in fear. Hoseok was now at the edge of the bed, holding onto the mattress, ready to climb inside when suddenly his movements were stopped. 

“OMEGA! STAY STILL!” Namjoon commanded both Hoseok and him, using his Alpha voice, making Seokjin’s body completely paralyzed. What was this sensation? Why couldn’t Seokjin move any part of his body? All he could do was helplessly blink as he glanced at Hoseok and then at Namjoon in an attempt to try to understand what was happening. Never in his life had an Alpha ever used their Alpha voice on him, it was unheard of in their group of friends because there wasn’t an Alpha within their group who could do it...until now. Seokjin was positive Namjoon had let his inner wolf take complete control over him and the person in front of him was no longer the sweet and caring Namjoon because the person in front of him was a wild beast whose whole purpose at the moment was to satisfy the two Omegas in heat that were in front of him. Seokjin just watched as Namjoon came closer to Hoseok, who was just as immobilized as Seokjin and picked him up by the waist. Before Seokjin could analyze what was happening, Hoseok was thrown on the bed whimpering in agony; his legs were spread wide open, and Namjoon fucking into the Omega senselessly.

Seokjin always wanted to have an Alpha’s knot inside of him. He wanted to fall in love and let his Alpha assist him with his heats. Yet, Seokjin never would have imagined in a million years that the first experience of being knotted would be with his childhood friend who had just presented as an Alpha and who had forcefully mated with his other childhood friend. 

“Don’t worry, Omega... you’re next. I’ll make sure you are full of my pups by the time I’m finished with you.” Namjoon said, smirking at him while vigorously pounding into Hoseok, who was screaming in pain. Seokjin just sat there, still paralyzed as he watched the gruesome scene in front of him. He knew there was no way to escape from his cruel fate. He was incapable of moving or fighting back, not when he was under the spell of Namjoon’s Alpha voice, so Seokjin let a single tear escaped that slowly streamed down his cheek. He could feel another heatwave pooling at the pit of his stomach, and Seokjin prayed to the Moon Goddess that he would not end up pregnant with Namjoon’s pups by the end of his heat.

[END OF RAPED SCENE]

—————

The conversation Taehyung had with Jimin a few nights ago still haunted him. Why should he forgive the Alpha who hurt him so deeply? Why should he give a second chance to someone who wasn’t looking for a serious relationship? That Bastard of an Alpha had rejected Taehyung after sleeping with him and treated him like trash. Taehyung felt used, like a second-hand toy that was tossed away, when it was no longer needed. Still, Jimin’s sweet and concerning words still lingered in his mind. 

“Taehyung, please don’t be so harsh on Kookie. He doesn’t know what he is doing.” Jimin said to him, sitting down next to Taehyung on the soft cushioned couch. He was still wrapped up by the blanket Yoongi had given him earlier that day and was watching TV to distract his mind. Jimin had arrived ten minutes ago, and since then, the Omega had constantly repeated the same words: "Give Jungkook a second chance," but Taehyung didn’t want to give the Alpha another opportunity to amend his mistakes. Taehyung was tired. He was tired of being used as an experimental doll by other Alphas, as an adventurous fling to figure out their sexually. When would he find someone decent enough to accept him for who he truly was? An Alpha who was only sexually attracted to Alphas. 

“I’m sorry, Jimin,  but what Jungkook did to me really hurt my feelings. He didn’t even give me an explanation as to why our relationship won’t work out, and he treated me as a one-night stand when we both knew how deeply attracted we felt for one another. If he was not ready to accept his sexuality, then he should have never slept with me. It only gave me hope, a hope that shattered into a million pieces this morning. Sorry to say this to you because he’s your friend, but he’s an asshole. A jerk.” Taehyung confessed, feeling the corners of his eyes pool with tears. How could he have any more tears left after all the streams of tears he cried all day? When would the pain in his heart lessen? 

“Tae… don’t cry,” Jimin comforted him, gently patting Taehyung on the back. How could such a nice, caring guy like Jimin be friends with a jerk like Jungkook? He would never understand. 

“Tae…” Jimin insisted, and Taehyung was getting irritated. He had never met an Omega as equally stubborn as Yoongi. Were all Omegas the same? Because Taehyung had noticed that Yoongi and Jimin were so stubborn, so stubborn that once they made up their mind, there was no changing it until they got what they wanted.

What, Jimin? Please, stop insisting. You’re not even giving me an explanation either. Can’t you just let me drown in my tears so that I can move on.” Taehyung snapped, throwing the blanket over his head and flopping down sideways on the couch, curling up like a gigantic cocoon. 

“Fine, I’ll let it go, but just listen to me one last time, and I’ll leave you alone.” Jimin signed, and then there was an evident moment of silence in the room. Just the sound of the television playing in the background.

“Taehyung...Jungkook really likes you. He likes you so much that he cried like I’d never seen before after you left earlier today. You may be wondering why he told you to leave and rejected you, but that’s something he should tell you. Even though I’m his friend, it’s not something that I have the right to tell you about. Kookie has gone through a lot, but ever since he saw you I know he instantly fell in love, and when he finally met you last night, feelings that he had been trying to suppress for a long time and a reality that he is still not willing to accept, rose up. I know what he did to you was very mean, and he’s acting like an asshole….but talk with him Taehyung; I’m sure you both could make this relationship work out. Just give him another chance...he’s not a bad guy, he’s the sweetest and most caring Alpha I've met. You won’t regret it. I beg of you. Don’t give up on my sweet and adorable baby Alpha. He deserves all the happiness in the world, and I know he’ll be happy with you. I just know it… I also know he will make you happy too, despite your first impression of him.” Jimin poured out, and Taehyung wasn’t sure what to say. Jimin wouldn’t lie to him...would he? So that Taehyung could go out with Jungkook and get his heartbroken once again. Many thoughts were going through his mind, and a part of him wanted to tell Jimin that he agreed to see Jungkook once again because that’s what his heart wanted. To be near the lovey Alpha, who had the cutest bunny smile Taehyung had ever seen, but then there was another part of his mind, the realistic side of him that screamed to let go. To don’t get involved with a jerk like Jungkook because if he hurt Taehyung once, it would most likely happen again.

“Tae...I understand this must be overwhelming for you, and I don’t want to force you into something you don’t want to do, but I hope you give Kookie another opportunity. I’ll text you Jungkook’s number just in case you change your mind. I’m going to leave now, I have to finish a report for one of my classes, and I don’t want to be rushing later tonight, but try to think about what I just told you.” Jimin said, feeling how the couch moved due to Jimin’s weight no longer being there. Taehyung just stayed under the blankets ignoring the Omega, who silently left, and listened for the door, and the click of the automatic lock being activated.

Taehyung let a loud sigh of relief knowing that he was once again by himself to drown in his sorrows. He wasn’t sure what to do, and he knew it was stupid of him to get his hopes up. The sound of an incoming text message interrupted his thoughts, and he knew it was Jimin sending him Jungkook’s phone number. Taehyung continued to stay under the covers, and the idea of texting Jungkook cross his mind. It was the temptation of texting Jungkook that terrified Taehyung the most. He knew what would happen if he got the courage to contact Jungkook. They would meet and talk about their relationship, and he wasn’t sure if he was emotionally prepared to face the Alpha after what happened between them. 

Taehyung was on his way to meet with Jimin at the Omega’s workplace. Jimin had previously told Taehyung that it was also the same dance studio where Hoseok worked at, and he was looking forward to seeing another potential new friend. It was a hot summer night where there was a nice cool breeze that made the unbearable heat a little bit more tolerable. Taehyung just got out of work, and although he was tried and wanted to go back home and sleep, he thought it was a good idea to hang out with Jimin and Hoseok. After that pitiful night, Jimin had constantly been texting him, but not about Jungkook, which Taehyung was glad for, but about getting to know each other better. Taehyung learned that they had a lot in common, in the sense of personality and social life. But Taehyung felt that Jimin was somewhat similar to Yoongi in their same characteristics of determination about life, but with a more upbeat and friendly personality. Yoongi had always been kind of a loner, and Taehyung knew that if it weren’t for him, the Omega would be coup up at home doing what he called ‘wasting his life away by being in front of a computer working on music and barely getting out unless it was necessary’ lifestyle. Although Taehyung admired his friend’s determination to pursue his dream of becoming a music producer and the deep thinker his friend was about life, there was a limit. Taehyung liked to socialize and be friends with everyone who he judged as trustworthy, but Yoongi was the opposite, and that’s where they clashed. Nevertheless, Taehyung loved Yoongi with all his heart and could not ask for a better childhood friend.

“Tae! Over here!” Taehyung heard Jimin’s high pitched voice coming from the other side of the street, and when he locked eyes with his new friend, the Omega was excitedly waving his hands side to side. Taehyung thought Jimin was adorable, like an overgrown baby ducky. 

“Hey!” Taehyung said, after crossing the street and sheepishly smiling as he approached the energetic Omega who was making a scene in front of the dance studio. Although Taehyung didn’t mind, he loved how affectionate Jimin was towards him, and maybe he hoped some of the Omega’s engendering personality would rub off on Yoongi since Taehyung found out both Omegas were dating two days ago. It was weird, in a good way, how Jimin was able to convince Yoongi, the most workaholic person he knew, to start a relationship which required a lot of effort to be made. Yet, he was happy for Yoongi, and by the way, his friend was starting to go out more instead of staying inside the house on their days off, Taehyung knew Jimin held a very special place in Yoongi’s heart. 

“Where’s Hoseok?” He asked, looking around for his other friend, who he was looking forward to getting to know better. 

“Oh, he’s inside changing. He said to meet him once you arrive. We asked our boss to lend us a dance studio so we can practice the choreography.” Jimin informed Taehyung. Jimin had mentioned that Hoseok had wanted to enter a freestyle dance competition where the winner would get a scholarship, which was an amazing opportunity to expand their resume and have extra money for their education. However, one of the entry requirements was that in ordered to be evaluated, it was necessary to have groups of three or more, so Hoseok and Jimin asked him to be part of their team. Taehyung wasn’t a professional dancer, but he'd always liked dancing, and he had always been told he was a quick learner, so he agreed to help his friends. Plus, he could use the extra money from the scholarship to help with the expensive materials he had to buy for his photography classes, and it would be a good opportunity to bond with his new friends. 

Four hours have passed since the three of them started practicing for the dance competition, and Taehyung was beyond exhausted. How could Jimin and Hoseok still have the energy to stand up and walk around after such an intense workout? After the first hour of vigorous movements, Taehyung thought he was going to pass out; he was glad they were taking a small break because he was certain his legs were going to give out at any point. Taehyung was currently lying down on the floor, panting for air when the sound of a phone ringing caught his attention. Taehyung knew it was not his ringtone, so he stared into the white ceiling and tried to regulate his breathing. 

“WHAT?! Why do you have Jinnie’s phone?! Is he okay?” The sound of Hoseok’s loud voice startled him. Was something wrong? Who was this Jinnie person Hoseok was talking about?

Taehyung immediately sat up straight and looked around the practice room and made eye contact with Jimin, who just shrugged and kept staring at Hosoek, who was arguing with someone over the phone. After five minutes of constant yelling, Hoseok’s argument came to an end. 

“Sorry, guys, but I have to go. Jinnie is in heat, and the bastard of an Alpha hyung started going out with just called me. He said to meet him at the bus stop near the studio so that we can take him home. I’m going to call Joon and tell him to get ready.” 

“Is he okay? Isn’t it dangerous to be out in public when you are in heat? Why didn’t Jinnie stay inside if he knew his heat was coming?” Jimin bombarded Hoseok with questions. Taehyung didn’t know who Jinnie was, but being in public while the Omega was in heat was very risky. It could trigger other Alpha’s ruts or Omega’s heats if they were nearby. 

“That’s what I don’t understand...Jinnie’s heat is not supposed to come in for another two months. It had always been on time, never too early or too late.” Hoseok explained, looking distressed and pacing back and forth. Taehyung hoped Jinnie was safe because he hated to see his friends in such a distress manner. 

“I’ll come with you!” Jimin exclaimed, getting up from the floor and starting to shove his clothing on his duffle bag. Taehyung just watched as the two Omegas rushed to get their belongings together. 

“Jinnie must be a very important person to them.” He whispered to himself, looking at his two friends who were ready to go. Taehyung made a mental note to ask Jimin more about the unknown Omega later...maybe he could make a new friend. 

“Umm...I’ll just head home.” He tiredly said, groaning as he got up from the floor and headed to where he had left his bag. 

“That’s a good idea. Sorry, Taehyung... but Jinnie is in heat, and we can’t have you going ballistic if his pheromones are too much for you to handle.” Hoseok apologized, and Taehyung agreed. He didn’t want to cause any more problems, especially with someone he didn’t know. 

After saying goodbye to Hoseok and Jimin, who rushed out the door, Taehyung was left alone in the empty and quiet practice room. As he was shoving his towel soaked with sweat inside his bag, the sudden ring of his phone caught his attention. 

Unknown Number: Hey...sorry to bother you. This is Jungkook. I know you must hate me and never want to see me again, but I asked Jimin for your phone number. I hope that’s okay. Don’t be angry at Jimin...I basically forced it out of him. I just want us to talk...if you are willing to hear me out.

Taehyung read. Great, the person he was trying to avoid had taken the initiative to text him. Taehyung was still hesitant of facing Jungkook but also knew he couldn’t run away from his problems forever.

Taehyung: Okay… 

Taehyung: Where do you want to meet up? Are you free right now? 

Jungkook: I’m near Jimin’s dance studio. I’m at a small cafe called Trivia: Love. 

Taehyung: Okay. I’ll be there soon. 

Taking a deep breath, slowly exhaling to calm his nerves down, Taehyung placed his phone back in his bag. He needed to calm down before he met the Alpha, and he needed to control his emotions so he could have a civil conversation with Jungkook. He prayed to the Moon Goddess that everything would turn out alright, for his own sake.

Notes:

So...how’s everyone doing? I know it’s a lot of information to take in. A lot happened in this chapter!

Let me know your thoughts and I look forward to reading your comments!

Chapter 11: The Unexpected Heat Pt. 2

Summary:

Jungkook knew that he can’t dwell on his actions of cowardness or emotions of self-pity forever. He still wasn’t sure what to do with the feelings he had developed towards Taehyung.

Notes:

WARNING ⚠️ HOMOPHOBIC SLURS AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!!!

This chapter is long and is Jungkook centric but a lot of things are going to make sense and finally start linking up.

Ps. If you read any italicized sentences in this chapter, they are from the Little Mermaid (the original story).

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Jungkook knew that he couldn’t dwell on his actions of cowardness or emotions of self-pity forever. He still wasn’t sure what to do with the feelings he had developed towards Taehyung. Although he found it very striking that he had developed feelings towards someone so fast, so quickly that it scared him. Was this what others called love at first sight? He wasn’t sure, but he knew these feelings were dangerous, at least for him, if he wanted to keep up with the image of the perfect Alpha. He recognized that his indecisiveness wasn’t fair for Byul or Taehyung, but he couldn’t help it. Jungkook was a coward, a scary-cat that lived his life based on what society considered the "norm." It wasn’t unheard of for the same sub-gender couples to display their affection of love in public. People were mostly accepting, except for narrow-minded people who didn’t want to admit that there were different kinds of love in the world, and it was those types of people that Jungkook was afraid of the most. Especially after what happened with his parents, which he would never forgive himself even to this day. He still hadn’t moved forward from the immense guilt he had in his heart by being the cause of his parents’ death. If only he weren’t so naive and selfish as a child, maybe, just maybe his parents would still be alive. 

Jungkook wished his parents were alive to witness the mess he had created by his insecurities. Maybe they’d knock some sense into him and tell him to love whoever he wanted to. The relationship he had with Byul was the closest to a real and accepting connection with someone (whom he was actually attracted to) that he had ever had in his life. A romance where he didn’t feel guilty for harboring such feelings. He wasn’t interested in being together with Byul only because she was an Omega or because he was trying to use her to hide his true self, which he still wasn’t sure about, to be honest. Jungkook was smitten by her beauty, her gorgeous personality and charming smile that made his heart skipped a beat. After his parents' death, he closed himself up and refused to open his heart to anyone aside from Jimin and his parents. Once he got to college, he met Byul while he was working out at the college’s gym, and an instant connection was made. At first, he refused to give in into his Alpha instincts and admit that he was interested in Byul because, in his heart, he had accepted his fate that he was exactly like his parents: an Alpha that was only sexually attracted to other Alphas.

Nevertheless, once he got to know the Omega better, he started to harbored feelings for her and found her attractive, but a part of him, buried deep inside his mind kept creeping up on him, begging and screaming that being sexually attracted to Byul was not what his heart wanted. Yet, he wondered, what were the feelings he had for Byul then? Were they fake, or was it his brain playing tricks with his emotions into thinking he was attracted to her? Jungkook was confused by his sexuality. He had a feeling that he wasn’t just gay but most likely bisexual, and THAT was his most hidden secret. Not even Jimin knew about this. What Jimin knew was just a scratch on the surface of what was happening inside Jungkook’s mind and the agony he felt every single day.

He would repeatedly ask himself the same question, every day, and it haunted him even in his dreams. Was he attracted to Alphas like he was initially meant to be as an Omega before he unexpectedly presented as an Alpha? Or was he attracted to Omegas, the opposite sub-gender, because he was an Alpha? Was he attracted to Byul because that was how the Moon Goddess had programmed their primal instinct to be? Or was he attracted to Taehyung because his primal instincts were different from what the Moon Goddess designed it to be? He still wasn’t sure of what the answers to his questions were, but he was afraid of finding out.

Deep inside his heart, he was certain that the answers that he had been looking for was going to break the image of the perfect Alpha that he had stupidly created. Why did he care so much about the opinions of others? Why did he wanted to satisfy the ideas of narrow-minded people? Why did he have to torment himself and live a fake life he wasn’t satisfied with? Jungkook was tired of his own charade, but fear consumed him. It was like a vacuum, and he couldn’t get out. When would he stop lying to himself? When would he get the courage to openly explore his sexuality and find out if he really was homosexual or bisexual? Jungkook just hoped to find the strength to seek out his answers soon, before it was too late for him to live a happy life with someone who he truly loved.  

Jungkook was sitting on the couch with the lights dimmed low, puffy red eyes and a blank stare when he heard the sound of the front door open. He knew it was Jimin who had arrived by the sound of his footsteps, so Jungkook didn’t even bother to turn around. Instead, he continued to focus on his self-hate emotions, blaming himself over and over for being a coward. 

“Kookie…” Jungkook heard, still staring into space, not caring that the Omega had sat down next to him or that Jimin was side hugging him. Jungkook felt empty and numb and didn’t care about the other’s company at all. He just wanted to be left alone to drown in his own sadness. 

“How are you feeling? A little better?” Jimin asked him, nuzzling on his neck, trying to use his Omega pheromones to diminish some of the foul smell of depressed Alpha. It didn’t work. Jungkook was so deep in his thoughts that he ignored the affectionate actions of his wonderful childhood friend. 

“Kookie...I went to see Tae…” Jungkook heard, and he immediately turned his head to look at Jimin, so fast that he was surprised he didn’t hurt his neck. It was like the name that came out of Jimin’s mouth brought back all the emotions that he’d been trying to suppress. Jimin talked with Taehyung; Jimin spoke with the sweet and lovely Alpha that he kicked out of his apartment and his life this morning. 

“You hurt him badly, Kookie. You really hurt him.” Jimin confessed, and he nodded in agreement. Noticing how his vision was starting to get clouded due to more tears threatening to come out. 

Seconds later, Jungkook felt his phone vibrating. Once he saw that it was a message from Jimin, he was puzzled by it. The Omega was sitting next to him, so why would Jimin sent him a text message? Nevertheless, once he saw the content of the message and noticed it was a phone number he didn’t recognize, it made Jungkook even more confused. 

“What is this?” He asked, wiping away his tears with the back of his hands and stared at his phone screen. 

“It’s Taehyung’s number. For when you’re ready to talk with him and apologize. At least talk with him Jungkook...and explain yourself. Don’t be afraid, Kookie… follow your heart.” 

”B-but…”

“You don’t have to call him if you don’t want to, just save it...just in case. I know you like him Kookie, and I just want to see you happy for once. I have a feeling that Taehyung can bring you that happiness you are seeking. I just know it!” Jimin said to him, getting up from the couch and leaving Jungkook even more troubled than before. What was he supposed to do now? He thought the bond he had with Taehyung was broken once he decided to end it this morning, but now that he had the Alpha’s phone number, there was a tingling sensation in his heart that was tempting him to send Taehyung a message. To not break the connection between them or he’d regret it for life, and the image of being alone without the Alpha was the most frightening feeling he had had in his life. 

••••••••

A few days passed after that painful day where he broke the heart of the lovely, boxy smiled Alpha, and Jungkook’s mind was running wild. He couldn’t get the agonizing sound of Taehyung’s shaking voice as he ran out of Jungkook’s apartment out of his head, which was caused by his stupidity. The fact that he had been staring at the phone number of the said Alpha for the last three days was making him go crazy. Jimin was right, Jungkook really liked Taehyung a lot more than he would like to admit to himself and now that he was starting to accept his feelings, he wasn’t sure what to do. Jungkook knew that he couldn’t break the heart of Byul, his beautiful and gorgeous girlfriend, who he also really liked. His mind was all over the place. He felt so overwhelmed by his own emotions that he just didn’t know what to do. Should he break up with Byul and ask Taehyung out on a date to patch things up? Or should he continue his relationship with Byul and delete Taehyung’s number and forget about the feelings he had for the Alpha? It was a very complex situation that was stressing him out to the point where he could barely sleep at night. 

It was a Wednesday afternoon, and Jungkook was on his way to meet Jimin for lunch at the Smeraldo cafe. After receiving a short text message from Jimin instructing Jungkook to meet him after class or else, he hurriedly walked to the cafe after his professor announced that class was over because who was Jungkook to denied the commands of his lovely friend? 

“Kookie over here!” Jungkook heard as he entered the small cafe. The smell of coffee and freshly made pastries filling his nostrils. Smeraldo cafe had always been his favorite place to go and relax whenever he was stressed out, as the atmosphere made him feel comfortable. Being surrounded by other students chit-chatting about life brought a sense of comfort to him. It brought a sense of relief to know that he wasn’t the only one whose life was messed up, whose life was screwed up by the choices that were made.

”Hey! Did you wait long? Did you order something already? What would you like to eat?” Jungkook bombarded Jimin with questions. 

“I got here like ten minutes ago, and I already ordered us some food and drinks, if that’s okay with you.” 

“Oh, okay. Thanks. So what did you want to talk about? You were very vague in the text message you sent me and just told me to come here. Is everything okay? Did any Alpha bothered you?” Jungkook asked, sitting down on the chair opposite of Jimin, facing the Omega who was just smiling at him. Jimin was his family, his best friend and Jungkook would do anything in his power to make sure the Omega was safe and sound. 

“Everything is fine. Just some good news, I have to tell you.” Jimin giggled at him. Now that Jungkook took a closer look at his friend, Jimin was glowing, partially emitting positive vibes. Jimin’s scent radiated pheromones of happy Omega, and Jungkook wondered what could be the information that was making his friend so cheerful, so overjoyed. Jungkook couldn't wait to find out. 

”So...what is it? Tell me! You're making me anxious, Jimin. What's making you feel so happy?” Jungkook anxiously asked, excited to listen to the response. 

”Sheesh, Kookie, you're so impatient. Well…guess who's not single anymore?” 

”No way!!! Jimin! I'm so happy for you!!” Jungkook partially squealed, getting up from his chair to give Jimin a big and tight hug. 

“Hey! Kookie I c-can’t b-breathe,” Jungkook heard, but he was too excited about the news that he had just heard to understand that he was basically squeezing Jimin to death. There was nothing that could ruin this day for him. His best friend was in a relationship for the first time in years, and he couldn’t be any happier. Jimin had been single for a long time due to bad past relationships, which resulted in Jungkook having to fight off those Alphas who tried to force themselves on his friend. Most alphas were not as nice and caring as Jungkook was, so he always made sure to scent Jimin properly before he left home. This gave the Omega a source of protection from obnoxious Alphas, who thought Omegas should bow down to their knees just because they were Alphas. Jimin didn’t like his scenting strategy because he thought Jungkook was being overprotective. He knew Jimin could take care of himself, but Jungkook wanted to be extra cautious. Especially towards those Alphas who didn’t care if an Omega was scented or not, as long as the Omega was unmated, they saw them as a potential mate. 

“Seriously, let go!” Jimin instructed Jungkook, tapping on his arm. 

“Sorry…I’m just so happy for you!” 

“Sorry to interrupt your moment, but I got your order,” the waiter said to them. 

“Oh...yeah,” Jungkook replied before letting go of Jimin and proceeded to sit back down on the chair. Jimin had ordered them two spicy turkey sandwiches, which was his favorite, and a cappuccino for Jungkook and an Americano for himself.  

“Thank you!” They said in unison, watching how the waiter blushed by their response and walked away, leaving them to continue their conversation. Maybe the waiter was charmed by Jimin’s beauty and pheromones of an excited Omega and thus blush excessively, but they would never know. 

“So, who's the lucky Alpha?” Jungkook asked, taking a bite of his sandwich. He was eager to find out more information about Jimin’s new partner. 

“Er...umm,” Jimin halted, looking down at his plate, avoiding any eye contact with Jungkook. 

“What’s wrong? Did I say something bad?” 

“N-no...It’s not that. It’s just...it’s just that I’m not going out with an Alpha this time.” 

“Oh, so who’s the lucky beta?” Jungkook hesitatingly asked, noticing how Jimin shook his head side to side to disagree with his question. 

“O-omega?” 

“Yeah…”

“B-but.” 

“I know, I never thought I would go out with another Omega. I didn’t even know I could be attracted to someone from the same sub-gender. It’s new to me Jungkook...it’s very new, but I really like Yoongi. I really like him, and even though we are both Omegas, he has treated me with so much respect and has made me feel like I could be happier with him than with any Alpha or Beta I’ve dated before.” 

“Yoongi? The Omega from the club? Taehyung’s childhood friend?” 

“Yeah, he’s very charming, and despite what his outer appearance may demonstrate to others because some people believe he’s rude, he’s very nice.” 

“Oh, I see… I mean, I support your decision...sorry I’m just very shocked by it. It’s nothing bad, and I’m not rejecting you because of it… cause you know, look at me. I’m still not sure if I should give Taehyung a chance or not... I just want you to be happy, Jimin. I don’t want you to suffer from a relationship that could potentially end up badly. I don’t know Yoongi at all, but I trust your judgment. And if he does anything, I mean anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, or he’s disrespectful, make sure you tell me. I don’t care if he’s an Omega I’ll beat him up for you.” Jungkook stated, determined to protect his best friend from anyone. 

“Thank you, Kookie. I really appreciate it. I mean, this is all so new to me. We officially started dating the day before we all went to the club. I wanted to tell you sooner, but then things happened with Taehyung, and you were so sad, and I didn’t want to rub in my happiness.” 

“It’s okay, Jimin. Sorry for ruining your happiness. I wish I wasn’t such a coward and be brave like you to accept who I am...it’s just so difficult.” 

“I know, Kookie. I know. At first, I was scared that I felt attracted to Yoongi. It was an instant attraction that blew me away. I didn’t see it coming at all. Then, he asked me for my number the second time we saw each other, and I wasn’t sure if we were compatible at all. But then we went for lunch dates, texted each other throughout the day, and we just clicked. I feel like we were meant to be together, so when he asked me to be his boyfriend, I was so shocked but happy. I didn’t give him an immediate answer because I was confused about everything. Would I be happy with another Omega? Am I ready to face the looks of others who still don’t accept same sub-gender couples? But then, after thinking about it for a while, I decided that I wasn’t going to let my sub-gender or his sub-gender decide my happiness. So who cares if we are both Omegas, who cares if we would never have kids if we ever decide to be together in a committed relationship, and who cares if we can’t never officially mate. All those things are superficial and what society expects us to do. If I really care about my happiness, I should stand up for what makes me happy. And Yoongi makes me so happy, Kookie, so happy that I feel like I have met my soulmate. No, I’m positive Yoongi is my soulmate.” Jimin poured out, and Jungkook was beyond amazed by the strength of his friend. 

“I’m so happy for you, Jimin. I wish I were as brave and strong as you.” Jungkook sighed, taking a sip of his cappuccino. He was envious of Jimin for being so sure about himself, so determined to get what he wanted and not letting anyone control his life. Jungkook wished that he was the same way; maybe he’d have the courage to follow what his heart wanted, and at this point, he knew what his heart yearned for was Taehyung.

“But you are strong, Kookie! And you can be as happy as I am. Break up with Byul. I know you don’t like her.” 

“B-But I do like her.” 

“No, you don’t! You’re just using her to keep up with appearances.” 

“I do like her, Jimin. I really do, and it would break my heart to end things with her only because I find an Alpha attractive.” Jungkook revealed. He knew that Jimin would never understand his hardship… Not when he wasn't even sure of his own emotions. It was like a never-ending cycle. He knew he liked Byul, but now, he also liked Taehyung, and it made him even more uncertain about what to do. 

“But were you thinking of her when you slept with Taehyung? Do you feel guilty that you cheated on her? If you really liked her, you wouldn’t have been smitten by Taehyung. Besides, when was the last time you saw each other and went on a date, huh?” 

“She’s been very busy, Jimin. It’s her final year, and she’s trying her best to secure a job after she graduates through the internship she has right now. I just can’t force her to meet up with me because I want to see her. I’m not that selfish. I know getting a job right after graduating is very difficult, and I don't want to ruin that for her. Not when she's working so hard to achieve her goals.” 

”Kookie… but you know that even if she's busy with work, if she really cared about you, she'll make time. That's how a healthy relationship deals with conflicts like these. Even if it's just a simple text message or a quick lunch date, that's all it takes to show your significant other that you care about them. It shows that you are on their mind despite their busy schedule.” 

”I know. I know. Let's just forget about me. Tell me more about Yoongi. I want to make sure he's a great guy for you. You only deserve the best of the best!” Jungkook shifted the conversation. And as he listened to Jimin talk about Yoongi with the brightest smile he had ever seen on his best friend, he wondered to himself, would he also radiate such happiness if he talked with Taehyung and decided to finally give the Alpha a chance? 

•••••••

The lights dimmed low, the quietness of the room, and the creaking sound of the window was all Jungkook could analyze as he laid down in bed. He wasn’t sure when or how he got home, but as he drifted off to sleep, memories of his childhood where he spent time with his Alpha mother resurfaced in his mind. 

“I love you, mommy,” Jungkook said to his mother, who was helping him get dressed to go to school. His Alpha father was out of town for a business trip, and he was looking forward to spending some time alone with his mother. He loved his parents with all his heart, but it was times like these, where he was alone with one of his parents that he was allowed to display his love for them. Jungkook always found it weird and annoying that he couldn’t tell anyone, aside from Jimin, that he had Alpha parents. Yet, he was a good boy, and he was going to listen to whatever his parents told him to do. 

“Mommy, can we go to the park later today?” 

“Sure, anything you want. We have the whole weekend to ourselves.” 

“Yaay!” Jungkook cheered in happiness. He loved going to the park, mainly because it gave him the liberty to showcase the love he had towards his mother in front of the other parents. It brought a sense of pride and a sense of satisfaction to demonstrate to others that he had the best Alpha mother in the world.

It was now after school, and his mother had picked him up, and they were heading to the park just like his mom had promised him. It was a sunny afternoon where the sun was still bright enough to see the vast amount of trees in the neighborhood but dimmed enough to tell it was going to be sunset soon. It was the perfect time, at least for Jungkook, to spend a relaxing afternoon in the park. 

“Mommy, can I play in the sandbox? I promised I won't get my clothes dirty.” Jungkook asked his mother, who only nodded in agreement. He really had the best mom in the world! 

As soon as they got to the park, he ran to the sandbox, not before giving his mom a big and tight hug followed by a kiss on the cheek. 

“I love you, mommy!” He squealed, noticing from the corner of his eye the stares of adoration and cooing sounds from other parents who were witnessing the scene. It made Jungkook happy, so pleased that he tightened the hug and giggled by the attention they were getting. How he wished he could display his love towards both of his parents in public and not just one of them. 

‘Do you not love me the best of them all?’ Jungkook’s mom said to him, and he was confused. Why would his mother asked him such a ridiculous question? Why would his mother doubt the love he had for her? 

“B-but I love you the most, mommy...why would you ask me that?” 

“Then, why?”

“Why what?” He replied, trying to break the hug to look at his mom straight in the eyes, but her grip was so strong that all he could do was see the parents that were recently looking at them fondness, murmuring amongst themselves. 

“Why did you tell your class and teacher about your father and I? Why did you tell them we were an Alpha couple?” 

“B-but...b-but…” 

‘. ..my dumb child, ’ Jungkook’s mom whispered in his ear, and everything turned red. All he could hear were the terrorizing sounds of his parents screaming in agony as they were being killed by police officials. If the screams of them weren’t enough, his parents were criticizing him, blaming him for their death.

“It’s your fault, Jungkook! This is what your so-called love has done to us! We thought you loved us! But it’s all fake...you’re a disgrace! An abomination! And you’re just like us!” His parents screamed. 

And then, everything turned black as Jungkook let his mind sink into the darkness of his sanity as the words pierced right through his heart. 

Love. What was love? It was a complicated word for Jungkook to defined ever since he was a small child. He knew he loved his mom and Dad, but he wasn’t allowed to express the feelings he had towards them in public. Especially when the three of them went out to the park or to drop him off to school. How come it was different with Jimin? How come he was able to say that he loved his best friend in the whole wide world to everyone he knew? Yet, he was prohibited to show his affection towards his parents in a crowd of people; it was only when he was with one of his parents that he was allowed to say the word, Love. Jungkook’s love was complicated, but he strived to make it work in his favor, even though his selfish actions caused the people he loved with all his heart, to die. 

‘Pride must suffer pain,' Jungkook heard the soft voice of a lady speaking to him. He was confused by the words he just heard. Where was he? Wasn't he with his Alpha mother just a few seconds ago? Where did she go? 

As he tried to analyze his surroundings, the female voice repeated the same phrase. ‘Pride must suffer pain,’ Jungkook knew what pride meant, so he analyzed the sentence. So in order to maintain his self-esteem, his dignity, he needed to suffer pain? He found the phrase absurd. Why should he suffer? When he could just forget about his pride and follow his heart? 

”Did following your heart work out in your favor when you revealed to your class that your parents were an Alpha couple?” the voice asked him. 

”What? Who are you? Why are you saying such things? Show yourself!”  

”It doesn't matter who I am. Just answer my question, was it worth it? Was it worth it seeing how your parents were killed by the words of their selfish and dumb child?” The voice continued to say, and the words pierced right through his heart for the second time. Jungkook knew he was selfish; he knew he was the reason for his parents' death. No one had to remind him of his horrendous actions because he already knew he was a monster. He knew he was going to get punished by the Moon Goddess for the crime he had committed. 

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!!!” He yelled, covering both of his ears to try to block out the voice that was reminding him of the demon he had turned into. 

“Are you afraid of admitting the truth? Are you afraid of acknowledging that your pride must suffer pain first in order to protect your status? Or are you going to neglect the fact that Byul is your pride? Your pride as an Alpha in order to maintain a healthy and painless lifestyle in society and the feeling you have for Taehyung are not good. The feeling you have for him will only bring you suffering and destruction.” 

“You don’t know what you're talking about!” Jungkook screeched, the voice in his head was making him panic. When would he stop suffering so much due to his parents' death? When would he stop feeling like a total jerk for being different? For harboring feeling for both Byul and Taehyung. His pride meant nothing if he was unhappy with himself. Even if his pride had led him to commit horrible mistakes that he would never forgive himself. 

‘But I do… I know what you want, and it is very stupid of you, but you shall have your way, and it will bring you to sorrow,’  

“How do you know? You don’t know anything about me!” Jungkook yelled back, tired of people assuming how he felt, how he thought.  

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!” Jungkook screamed as he pants for air, his eyes wide open as he realized it was all a dream, a terrible dream he had had since Jimin told him about his relationship with Yoongi. Jungkook knew he couldn’t continue with his guilt, the guilt that was eating away at his heart for being the reason of his parents' death. He also knew he couldn’t continue to deceive Byul or Taehyung for being insecure about his sexuality. Maybe it was time to admit to himself that he wanted to explore his sexuality. Perhaps it was time to break up with Byul, his beautiful and kind Byul, and give Taehyung, the most dazzling Alpha he had ever encountered a chance. Maybe it was time for Jungkook to live his life as he wanted to without caring about what others thought of him. Perhaps it was time for Jungkook to be genuinely happy for the first time in his life. And with a smile on his face, Jungkook went back to sleep knowing that when he woke up, everything was going to be different. 

••••••••

”So what’s for breakfast, Jimin?” Jungkook cheerful asked, humming to a random tune as he took a sip of his morning coffee. The adrenaline rush he had felt last night after the nightmare he had still lingered, and he was more than determined to make it happen. Today, he was going to break up with Byul, as much as it pained him, and text Taehyung, the lovely Alpha, and hopefully patched things up. Maybe not straight up start dating him but maybe start as friends with the potential of something more in the near future. Jungkook was excited, no, he was motivated to finally have control over his life, over his happiness. 

“Wow! Is everything okay, Kookie? You look...You look so happy. Did something happen?” Jimin questioned, placing several side dishes in front of him. 

“What do you mean?” He asked, raising an eyebrow to show his confused expression. 

“Well, first of all, you're smiling. No, you are grinning like if you are up to no good. Yet, I sense so much happiness coming from you. I don’t know...did something happen at work? Did you get a promotion?” 

“I can’t smile now? I can’t always dwell on my emotions of self-pity.” Jungkook tease Jimin, knowing that his friend was just concerned about his well-being. Besides, why was it so out of the norm for him to be so happy? So overjoyed to finally do something that he always wanted to do. 

“It’s not that...sorry.” 

“It’s okay. I’m just joking, and you’re right. I am definitely super happy today. And guess why? Huh? Any guesses as to why your wonderful childhood friend is so cheerful?” 

“I don’t know...maybe work? Like getting a promotion like I was saying earlier?” 

“Nope! Guess again.” 

“You passed that midterm you were worried about the other day?” 

“Wrong!” 

“Then what is it? Tell me, Kookie; you’re making me anxious.” 

“Fine! You’re no fun, Jimin.” Jungkook puckered up his lips and then started to grin ear to ear. 

“I made up my mind. I’m going to follow what my heart has been begging me to do for a while. Today, I’m going to break up with Byul, as much as it would break my heart, but it's for the best. Afterward, I’m going to text Taehyung and ask him to meet up with me. I just pray to the Moon Goddess that it’s not too late to reconcile with him. I want to know if the feelings I have for Taehyung are true or not.” He added, seeing how Jimin’s face went from neutral to surprise in a split of a second. 

“OH MY GOODNESS!!! Kookie!!!” Jimin squealed, bringing Jungkook to a hug while his friend jumped up and down in excitement. Jungkook was so happy, so ecstatic to finally realized that he couldn’t let his past have control over him. He knew it wasn’t an easy decision for him to make or that there weren't going to be moments in the future where he would have doubts about his decision, but he didn’t want to live his life with any regrets. Not anymore. 

“This is such good news! We need to celebrate! No, we need to throw a little get together with all our friends. Wait, maybe we should go to that new restaurant I saw the other day near my job. Hmm...what to do?” 

“Yah! Jimin! I still haven’t even broken up with Byul, let alone talk with Taehyung. Can’t we postpone your celebration for another day? Besides, is this something to celebrate? I’m just following what my heart desires...it’s not like I’m getting a promotion or something.” Jungkook stated, feeling a little embarrassed by the way Jimin was bouncing with excitement upon hearing his words. 

”But Kookie! Do you know how long I've been waiting for this day? The day you finally realize that you can’t live your life to please others? Who cares what other people think about you? Let them talk all they want. They are just miserable with their own lives that they want to ruin other people's happiness! Anyways, I'm getting off-topic. Like I was saying, I'm just so happy for you, Kookie! This is the best decision you could have made, and I just want to let you know that I'm here for you. I'll support you all the way, and I won't let anyone bother you for the decision you've made!” Jimin wholeheartedly said to him, smiling. Jungkook couldn’t have asked for a better friend. 

“Thank you, Jimin. I really appreciate it! I already sent a text to Byul, and we are meeting up later today to chat. Hopefully, she won’t be too angry at me for breaking up with her.” 

“I’m sure everything will be alright.” 

“I hope so...I’m more worried about Taehyung, though. Do you think it’s too late? Do you think he’ll be free to talk with me today?” 

“Tsk tsk tsk! You’re in luck, Kookie. Guess what?” Jimin mischievously said to him. 

”W-What?”

“Well, guess who's going to hang out with Taehyung this afternoon?” 

“No way!” 

“Yup! And to show you how great of a friend I am, I’ll try to make it so you can meet up with him. I’ll message you when you can text him. I’ll make an excuse to leave early with Hoseok so Taehyung can be free. Maybe I’ll say I have to finish a project and I need Hoseok’s help. Don’t worry about it, I’ll think of something!” 

“Thank you, Jimin! I hope Taehyung decides to give me a chance to apologize and fix up things up with him.” Jungkook confessed and anxiously finished his breakfast. Wishing that everything would turn out alright. 

••••••••

Jungkook was anxiously waiting for Byul at a cafe Jimin had recommended that was near his dance studio called Trivia: Love. It was currently six forty-five in the afternoon, and Byul was ten minutes late. He had gotten a text message from her stating that she was stuck in traffic, which made the waiting even more nerve-wracking.

”Sorry for the wait, Jungkook. Traffic was horrible!” Byul sighed as she took a seat, twenty minutes later. She was wearing a beautiful red dress that had black patterned flowers on the top part of it. It made Byul look even more beautiful as it highlighted her slim waist. 

“It’s okay. I’m glad you could make it. Sorry for the inconvenience.” Jungkook apologized. He knew Byul was busy with her internship, and for her to make time to see him, only for Jungkook to break up with her made him feel like an asshole.

“So, how was your day?” He asked, trying to start a conversation. Jungkook’s hands were trembling with fear, but he tried his best to control his emotions. His mind was overthinking as he tried to think of what he was going to say to bring up the topic of their relationship. 

“It’s was okay. Just tired. After this, I need to go home and finish a report for one of my classes. Sorry that I can’t stay for a long time. I promise to make it up to you next time.” Byul cutely said, giggling. 

“It’s okay. I know you are busy. I promise this won’t take long.” 

“...is everything okay? You sound so serious and look so nervous.” Byul asked him, concerned about his well-being. His girlfriend had always been kind and caring, despite what Jimin had said before about Byul being too busy to even text him, Jungkook knew that Byul looked after him no matter what happened. 

”Y-yeah...I guess. It's just that I have something important to tell you, but I don't know how to do it. That's all.” 

”You're worrying me. You know you can tell me anything. I'm here for you, Jungkook, for anything you would need help with.” 

”Thank you, Byul. I really appreciate it. Hmm, I don't know where to start.” Jungkook sighed in relief. He knew he could trust Byul to make him feel confident about his conclusion. Maybe Byul would be supportive of his decision and still be friends with him despite their relationship ending. 

“How about we order some drinks, and while we wait, you can tell me what’s on your mind.” 

“That’s a good idea!” Jungkook replied, getting the waiter’s attention. After a few seconds, a small female Beta was taking their orders. Jungkook asked for a raspberry lemonade, and Byul ordered a glass of water. As they waited, Jungkook organized his thoughts. It was not until they got their drinks that Byul started to talk. 

“So...what is so important that you made me come to meet you in this tiny cafe on a busy Friday afternoon?” 

“Umm…” He tried to voice out, but no words would leave his mouth. Jungkook took a sip of his raspberry lemonade and took a deep breath.  

“Byul, You know that I really like you, right?” 

“I know, what about it?” 

“Well—”

“Wait! Stop right there! I hope I’m just overthinking it, but by any chance, are you trying to break up with me?” Byul questioned him, looking at Jungkook straight in the eyes. Jungkook just stared at his beautiful, soon to be ex-girlfriend, with guilt, and nodded in agreement.

“What the hell, Jungkook?! Is this because we haven’t seen each other that often? You know I’m busy with my internship. I can’t risk losing a potential job after graduating just to go on dates with you.” 

“I know.” 

“Then, why? Why do you want to break up with me?” 

“Umm...I-I..I-it’s not you.” Jungkook stuttered, knowing he needed to be honest with Byul if he didn’t want the relationship to end badly. 

“Very original Jungkook, like if the ‘it’s not you it's me’ line is not the most typical breakup excuse ever,” Byul said, getting annoyed with him for being so vague, so Jungkook gathered all his courage and decided to be honest with her and hope for the best. 

“Umm...the truth is...that I think I’m bisexual.” He said, whispering the last part. 

“You’re What?” 

“I think I’m bisexual... so that’s why I want to break up with you. I want to be able to explore my sexuality...I’ve never been with an Alpha before, so I want to give it a try, you know?” 

“So what you’re telling me is that...you’re gay?”

“No, didn’t you hear what I just said. I’m bisexual.” Jungkook clarified. 

“Yeah, I heard you, and I still think you’re gay. You’re thinking of going out with an Alpha, so that makes you gay. There is no way you could like both sub-genders. It’s impossible. And if you are breaking up with me, a gorgeous Omega that could make any Alpha fall to their knees just to have me as their girlfriend, to go out with another Alpha, then that makes you even more gay.” 

“But I like you, Byul. I really do.” Jungkook confessed, feeling hurt by Byul’s words. Was Byul always this narrow-minded? To believe that his sexuality was determined by the relationship he had chosen to be in. Why didn’t Byul understand that even if he was going out with an Omega or an Alpha, he was still bisexual, and relationships didn’t determine his sexuality? 

“There is no way you like me if you find other Alphas attractive...This sucks! I thought you were a decent guy, and I really liked how our relationship was progressing, but you turned out to be a faggot.” 

“What the hell did you just called me?!” Jungkook growled. It was one thing to be ignorant about bisexuality, but it was a different story to be using homophobic slurs. 

“You fucking heard me. You’re a faggot, a sissy boy! You’re a slut for liking both sub-genders. Why can’t you choose just one? Or is getting fucked by an Alpha and then fucking an Omega so much fun?” 

“You’re a fucking ignorant bitch! How dare you say that to me!” 

“Oh look who's trying to act like a tough Alpha. You make me laugh, Jungkook. You’re not an Alpha; a real Alpha doesn't let other Alphas fuck him. You’re just an Omega bitch and a sorry excuse for an Alpha. And I’m so glad you are breaking up with me. It makes me gag, the thought of you touching me earlier. I need to go home and take a long shower to disinfect myself from you, or you’re going to turn me gay too.” Byul snarled at him and walked out of the cafe, leaving Jungkook furious. How dare Byul insult him like that? How dare she disrespect him when Jungkook was just trying to be honest? He wanted to punch her. Yet, he knew this might happen to him once he was determined to follow what his heart wanted. Jungkook would never have imagined that his ex Omega girlfriend was so homophobic like the people who discriminated against his parents. 

Ding! Ding! Ding! 

Jimin: Kookie! Text him in five minutes. Hoseok has to leave because there is an emergency with Jin-hyung, so I’m going with him. Use this opportunity to ask Taehyung out. Fighting!!! 

Jungkook read. He wondered who was this Jin-hyung person Jimin was talking about, but he set those thoughts aside. Right now, he was more devastated by Byul’s cruel words. As much as he wanted to crawl into a hole and cry his heart out by the way Byul insulted him and mistreat him, he needed to focus on the task in front of him: Asking Taehyung to meet up with him and hopefully patched things up. 

After thinking it over, he finally decided on what to text Taehyung, so after waiting five minutes, just like Jimin instructed him to do, Jungkook sent the text message. 

Unknown Number: Hey...sorry to bother you. This is Jungkook. I know you must hate me and never want to see me again, but I asked Jimin for your phone number. I hope that’s okay. Don’t be angry at Jimin...I basically forced it out of him. I just want us to talk...if you are willing to hear me out. 

Jungkook lied; he didn't want to damage the relationship Jimin had with the Alpha in case things didn’t work out between them, so he took the blame. He was petrified, and his hands were sweating as he waited for a reply. Would Taehyung even respond back? Would he suffer another heartbreak for the second time today? 

Taehyung: Okay… 

Taehyung: Where do you want to meet up? Are you free right now? 

Jungkook read. His heart was skipping a beat by the words he just read. Taehyung, the lovely Alpha, had agreed to meet up with him. 

Jungkook: I’m near Jimin’s dance studio at a small cafe called Trivia: Love. 

Taehyung: Okay. I’ll be there soon. 

As he anxiously waited for Taehyung to arrived at the small cafe, Jungkook finished his raspberry lemonade wishing for a better outcome than the one before. Hopefully, Taehyung won’t reject him, as Byul rejected him for being honest with his sexuality. 

Notes:

So who hates Byul?

What are your thoughts on this chapter?

Let me know your thoughts on what’s going to happen next and I look forward to reading your comments!

Chapter 12: My Mate

Summary:

“Welcome to Trivia: Love. Do you have a reservation with us?” The waiter asked him, showcasing a friendly smile on her face.

“I-...Umm, I don’t have a reservation. I’m here to meet up with someone. He’s already here.”

“I see, what’s their name?”

“Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.” Taehyung answered, surprised that he remembered the Alpha’s full name and shock that the cafe had table reservations, for such a small place.

“Oh yes, Mr. Jungkook has been waiting for you. Please follow me. I’ll take you to his table.”

Notes:

I’m finally back with another update!!!

For some reason the chapters for this fanfic just keep getting longer and longer, but I’m so happy to be able to upload it!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung was gathering his personal items and shoving it inside the duffle bag he had brought with him before heading to the small cafe, where Jungkook, the Alpha he had been dreading to see, told him to go. Taehyung felt uncomfortable meeting with Jungkook after the awful experience they had, but knowing that they were meeting in a public space and around other people, made his uneasiness subside. Maybe it was time for him to face Jungkook head-on instead of wondering what if? What if he forgave the raven-haired Alpha, and both agreed to give their relationship a second chance? What if they were fated to be together and were each other’s soulmates? But the most important question he asked himself was, what if their relationship was doomed for failure? And the thought of having his heart broken once again by the same person terrified him. 

Taehyung was still hesitant about his decision of talking with Jungkook, but he decided not to dwell on it. Instead, after agreeing to have a civil conversation with the Alpha and kindly asking for the address of the eatery, Taehyung took a quick shower in the locker room of the dance studio. As much as Taehyung wanted to be angry at Jungkook for being a jerk to him and breaking his heart, he couldn’t. There was something about Jungkook’s personality, or was it the demeanor of his voice that made Taehyung surrender. That made his heartbeat miles per hour, making him concerned about his judgment because Taehyung knew it wasn't healthy to have such intense emotions for someone who hurt him; for someone who he should hate. 

Was it normal to be smitten by an individual who he barely knew? A person whose first instinct was to throw him out of his life after having a passionate night together? Maybe Taehyung was too hopeful about the whole situation, and Jungkook just wanted to humiliate him once again, but this time in front of other people instead of talking it out like two mature and cultured Alphas.

Regardless, Taehyung wanted to look presentable for the date. Was chatting about their relationship in a cafe considered a date? Still, he wanted to make Jungkook realize that he was a great catch. Taehyung decided to wear a fitted blue t-shirt that he had brought to change into after dance practice with Jimin and Hoseok and paired it up the black slacks he wore during his job at the restaurant earlier that day. It was a simple outfit, but Taehyung knew he looked attractive. He was confident Jungkook was going to fall for his charming looks, and he couldn't wait to see the expression on the Alpha’s face. Thus, after getting dressed, he rushed out the door of the empty dance studio, eager to see the person he still considered his soulmate. 

The aroma of grilled chicken, vegetables, and other delicious foods filled the air. It had been ten minutes since Taehyung arrived at the cafe he was supposed to meet Jungkook. However, he hadn’t dared to step inside. It was already past eight o’clock at night, and the only light illuminating the sidewalk was the gray street lamp pole. Taehyung was walking back and forth between the bench that was in front of the eatery and the light pole on the other side of the cafe to try to calm his emotions down. He was an emotional wreck, his legs felt like jello, and his hands and forehead were sweating as if he was stuck inside of a sauna. Taehyung knew he probably looked like a maniac for nervously and awkwardly pacing in front of the cafe, and he could feel the stares he got from the people who walked by. Yet, he didn't care. Taehyung was going to meet Jungkook, the most gorgeous and beautiful Alpha he had ever met but who sadly had already broken his heart once.   

Maybe he should contact Jimin? So his friend could help him gather the courage he needed. Or maybe Yoongi? His best friend always knew what to say to Taehyung during stressful times.

Eventually, rather than bothering others with his actions of cowardice, Taehyung decided to be brave for once in his lifetime, for his own sake and for the possible future with Jungkook, if there was any, which he hoped there was one. 

“You got this Taehyung! I know that whatever happens, you’ll know what to do and how to handle it. If Jungkook rejects you again, move forward and forget about him. If he wants to give your relationship a second chance, take advantage of it, and don't let go! Fighting!” Taehyung gave himself a pep talk, clenching his fists tightly to muster up the motivation to go inside the cafe. 

Slapping his cheekbones numerous times with the palm of his hands, Taehyung took a deep breath and exhaled slowly before walking to the front door of the small eatery. 

As he entered inside of the cafe, he noticed that the eatery was full. Taehyung looked around at the busy tables trying to catch a glimpse of Jungkook, but the sudden presence of the waiter prevented him from looking. 

“Welcome to Trivia: Love. Do you have a reservation with us?” The waiter asked him, showcasing a friendly smile on her face. 

“I-...Umm, I don’t have a reservation. I’m here to meet up with someone. He’s already here.” 

“I see, what’s their name?” 

“Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.” Taehyung answered, surprised that he remembered the Alpha’s full name and shock that the cafe had table reservations, for such a small place.

“Oh yes, Mr. Jungkook has been waiting for you. Please follow me. I’ll take you to his table.” 

“Thank you,” He replied, bowing his head in gratitude. Taehyung followed the waiter, noticing an old couple eating side by side, one glass of wine each, studiously bent over their meals. A group of young men in their thirties falling down with helpless giggles at their table as a stern woman, dining alone at another table nearby looked at him and frowned. The noise level was high, but it didn’t bother Taehyung. He was more nervous by the fact that he was seconds away from coming face to face with Jungkook, the person he still considered his Alpha. 

“Sir, take a seat.” The soft voice of the waiter snapped him out of his thoughts. Noticing that the walk through the cafe had come to an end, and he was standing in front of Jungkook, who was nervously sipping a glass of lemonade. Taehyung saw that their table was located at the far end of the cafe, away from the crowd of people, which he was glad for because it would give them a sense of privacy that they would need during their discussion about their relationship.  

“T-take a seat,” Jungkook shyly asked him, averting his eyes as much a possible. Taehyung could feel the awkwardness between them, but he knew it was only due to the way Jungkook ended their night of passion the last time they saw each other. 

“Thank you,” Taehyung said to the waiter before sitting down in the chair opposite of Jungkook. He just stared in awe at the beautiful man in front of him. Jungkook was wearing an oversized black T-shirt paired up with black jeans from what he could tell, with the table covering Jungkook’s lower half. His bangs were slightly parted and barely covering his beautiful black eyes. It was a simple outfit, but Jungkook looked stunning in his opinion. As beautiful as Taehyung remember the Alpha looking like when he left his apartment that morning.

He squirmed in his seat as the memories of their lovemaking floated back into Taehyung’s mind, and he could feel his mouth-watering by the thought of taking Jungkook’s cock inside of his tight hole one more time or maybe be more daring and give Jungkook a blow job that would have them both groaning in pleasure. Taehyung didn't understand what was happening to him. Why was he feeling so horny? Was Jungkook’s mare presence so powerful that it made him want to submit to him on the spot? The only conclusion he could think of was that Jungkook was his ecstasy, and having the Alpha right in front of him was making him yearn for more. 

“Taehyung. Taehyung. Are you okay?” Taehyung heard Jungkook’s sweet voice calling him, making him snap out of his dirty thoughts. He blinked a few times to adjust his vision, and the image of Jungkook’s worried expression came to his view. 

“Y-yeah, I-I’m fine.” He stuttered, feeling embarrassed by his behavior. Taehyung knew he shouldn’t be thinking of their night of passion, but he couldn’t help it. Jungkook made him lose all common sense causing his mind to be clouded with lust. 

“Good, you had me worried for a second,” 

“Sorry.” He apologized, trying to get his mind to focus on the task that brought him all the way to the small cafe so late at night instead of going back home to sleep—- to have a serious talk with Jungkook about their relationship. 

“It’s okay. I’m glad you could make it. Would you like something to drink? Maybe we could order some food?” Jungkook asked him, looking for the waiter who left right after Taehyung sat down. 

“Umm, I’m not sure,” 

“Don’t worry about it, my treat. Get anything you want,” 

“It’s okay. I’ll just have some water.” Taehyung replied, reaching for a glass of water that was right in front of him.  

“NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT!” Jungkook screamed at him as his hand barely touched the drink, making him flinched by the sudden shout. What was wrong with him drinking water from the glass that waiters always leave on the table? Was there something wrong with the water? Taehyung just furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and stared at Jungkook, who looked devastated by his own unexpected behavior. 

“S-sorry for shouting and scaring you. Let’s just get you another glass of water. T-that one is not good.” 

“Why? It looks fine with me. Did you drink out of it?” Taehyung bombarded Jungkook with questions, the Alpha only looking down in shame, avoiding his gaze. 

“N-no…” 

“Then, why?” 

“Someone else...drank out of it.” 

“Who?” Taehyung insisted, feeling jealous by the thought of Jungkook meeting up with someone else. Who could it be? Was it another Alpha? Was Taehyung really going to get rejected by the same person for the second time? 

“It’s my—-Nevermind, let’s just get you another drink, and I’ll tell you about it. It’s a long story, and I think after you hear it...everything is going to make sense. At least I hope it does, and you can understand my point of view,” Jungkook confessed, looking hurt by the words he just uttered. Taehyung nodded in agreement but was confused by the whole situation. Was there a deeper reason behind Jungkook’s actions that Taehyung considered an act of cowardness? Jimin’s words from the day he had his heart broken pop in his mind, remembering that the Omega confessed to him that their meeting made Jungkook realized feelings that were buried deep inside of him, so maybe Taehyung was going to get the answers of the outcome of their fated meeting? He wasn’t sure, but the anticipation was killing him.  

————

At the persistence of Jungkook, Taehyung decided to order a strawberry lemonade and share a strawberry shortcake with the Alpha after the waiter informed them that the portion of the desert was large enough to be shared. Jungkook and he concluded that they could both enjoy the sweet pastry together. Jungkook decided to order another raspberry lemonade, and as they waited for their drinks and pastry, Taehyung was starting to feel anxious. Was he emotionally prepared to learn the truth about Jungkook 's feelings? What if Taehyung couldn't accept the reality of why he was rejected? Would he still give Jungkook another opportunity to redeem himself after learning the truth? 

Instead of letting his mind wandered, Taehyung decided to speak up and face the truth. 

“So...I guess we could start by you telling me the reason why I couldn’t drink out of that glass of water. You said someone already drank out of it... if you don’t mind me asking, who exactly was it?” Taehyung hesitatingly asked, not sure if he was pushing his boundaries, but he needed to know. Needed to know who exactly was the person Jungkook met before he arrived. 

“M-my...ex Omega girlfriend.” 

“Your what?” Taehyung was dumbfounded by the words he just heard. Since when did Jungkook have an Omega girlfriend? And why had Jimin never mentioned anything about it? 

“Yeah, my girlfriend. Well, my ex-girlfriend to be more precise. I broke up with her today, right before I texted you to meet up with me.” 

“Oh…”

“B-but, don’t get me wrong. I didn’t ask you to meet up with me so that I can tell you about my break up. Actually, I was never going to tell you about it, but after thinking it over, I feel I should. So you can understand my actions from last time, even though I know that's not an excuse for the way I acted towards you that day. I know I was a jerk, an asshole, and I want to apologize for my cowardice.” 

“I think you should save that apology for the end of our conversation. Now go on, tell me why you threw me out of your apartment like I was a whore, a one night stand even though we both felt so much attraction towards each other.” Taehyung advised, noticing the way Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in what he assumed was guilt? Or was it sorrow? Taehyung wasn't sure. 

“I think you are right. It’s the least I could do…” Jungkook said, tapping his index finger on the glass of water that he had on his side of the table while glancing into the depths of the clear liquid. Taehyung knew it was probably not easy for Jungkook to find the right words to explain to him, but if the Alpha wanted to fix their relationship, he needed to find the courage to voice out his feelings. 

“Er…her name was Byul. She was my first Omega girlfriend, and we had been in a relationship for almost two years. She was the only person, aside from Jimin and his parents, that I opened my heart to after my parents’ death. She was the most caring and most beautiful woman I have ever known, or at least that’s what I thought, until today.” Jungkook confessed, and Taehyung felt his heart break into a million pieces from the only words that stood out for him: “after my parents’ death.”

Even though he wasn't on speaking terms with his parents, Taehyung would be devastated if they were no longer alive, so the fact that Jungkook had lost both of them brought tears to his eyes. 

“I’m sorry...about your parents,” Taehyung said, feeling a void in his heart as if it were his own parents’ death. As if he was the one who was suffering from the loss of a loved one. Taehyung hated to see someone he cared so much about suffering from such deep grief, and he wanted to ask more about the death of Jungkook’s parents, but he knew it would be crossing a thin line that Taehyung knew he wasn’t allowed to cross. 

“Thank you...it happened a long time ago. I was only five or was it six? I don’t remember, but it still haunts me until this day. It’s not easy to lose a loved one, especially when they were the ones who are supposed to raise you.” 

“Yeah, that is true…” 

“But anyway, like I was saying. Byul, she was my everything, and I loved her so much. But then I met you and everything changed.” 

“So it's my fault you broke up with her? Now that I think about it, you cheated on her with me. Oh shit, is that why you kick me out? Because you realized you were unfaithful to her? Woah, everything makes sense now...especially why you threw me out. I would have done the same thing if I messed up that badly.” Taehyung rambled, feeling guilty for probably being the reason behind Jungkook’s break up with his now ex-girlfriend, but also realizing that the Alpha’s unfaithfulness was no excuse for Jungkook to treat him the way he did.  

“No, Taehyung, you weren't the reason I broke up with her. Well, maybe a tiny bit, but there was a more significant reason behind the breakup.” Jungkook said, panicking and clearing up any assumptions Taehyung may have had about the situation.  

“Then why did you break up with her? Guilt? Couldn’t keep lying to her anymore?” 

“Yes and no. The one person I couldn’t keep lying to...was myself. You see, I have always known I preferred Alphas, but then I met Byul, and I started to develop feelings for her and pushed away the attraction I had for Alphas. I couldn’t accept who I was...just yet. However, my feelings for Byul were sincere and honest, but deep inside of me, I knew that I wasn’t just an Alpha that liked Omegas or an Alpha that liked other Alphas. In the end, I was just an Alpha that liked both sub-genders.”

“Oh...I see, that must have taken a lot of courage to admit to yourself... that you liked both sub-genders.” Taehyung confessed, and memories of his sub-gender presentation floated back into his mind and the fear he had of admitting to his parents about his sexuality. In some ways, he had a feeling Jungkook’s behavior from that morning was related to not accepting his sexuality, but he couldn't even imagine the magnitude of the issue. It was easy for Taehyung to admit that he liked Alphas, but it was completely different to imagine liking both sub-genders. 

“It was difficult but meeting you helped me a lot...and also Jimin. His stubbornness helped me out a lot too.” Jungkook chuckled, probably imagining Jimin’s constant persistence of encouragement. Or more like nagging, which Taehyung had gotten a taste of ever since their friendship had started to strengthen. 

“Oh, here comes our drinks,” Jungkook added before Taehyung had a chance of replying.  

The waiter placed the strawberry shortcake in the middle of the table, a distance reachable for both of them, and handed them both their drinks. For some strange reason, Taehyung had been fascinated by the smell of strawberries. Maybe it was due to Jimin’s scent having a faint aroma of freshly picked strawberries or that Hoseok had the same faint smell but a little more intensified. He wondered who exactly was the person that had such an amazing and intoxicating scent, but for now, he decided to satisfy his craving for that aroma by eating strawberries. 

“Thank you,” Jungkook and he said in unison to the waiter who walked away blushing. Was she charmed by their beauty, or was it the strong smell of two unmated Alphas that was so attractive? They would never know, but it brought him and his inner wolf a sense of pride to notice others admiring them. 

“Mm! Tastes so good!” Taehyung moaned as the bite of strawberry shortcake he took partially melted in his mouth. It wasn’t overly sweet but sweet enough to satisfy his taste buds. 

“You really like it?” 

“Mm-Hmm!” he hummed, grinning ear to ear while his mouth was filled with cake. He probably looked like a kid getting the pastry they always wanted for the first time in their lives, but he didn’t care. 

Cute,” Jungkook whispered, but it was loud enough for Taehyung to hear it, and he could feel his cheekbones turning a shade of red. 

“Ahem! Soo, you were saying something earlier about you liking both sub-genders.” Taehyung cleared his throat, trying to eschew the conversation. He didn’t want Jungkook to turn him into a pile of goo by the praises he was getting for his simple actions. At least Taehyung could embed in his brain that Jungkook called him cute in case their relationship didn't work out.

“Y-Yeah. Now I know I’m bisexual, and I’m thrilled to be able to admit that to myself. It was a part of me I was scared of revealing to others, and accepting it was just the first step for me. That’s why I broke up with Byul...because I wanted to explore my sexuality...I wanted to explore the side of me that is attracted to Alphas only. I want to be honest with myself... I want to give this cute and handsome Alpha I met the other day, that has the brightest boxy smile I have ever seen in my life, a second chance. Only if he’s willing to let me into his life again and forgives me for my stupid actions.” 

“Oh!...what if that cute and boxy smile Alpha is still angry about the way he was treated. What if he’s afraid of getting his heart broken again? What would the raven-haired Alpha do differently to make sure he’s not hurt again?” Taehyung played along with Jungkook’s simulation of wordplay. It was adorable how Jungkook was trying to ask for forgiveness and suggest for their relationship to be given a second chance. Maybe he’d play hard to get? To show the Alpha he was not a pushover. 

“Well, for starters, the boxy smile Alpha shouldn’t be worried about getting his heartbroken because I am...I mean, the raven-haired Alpha is determined to make their relationship work out. No more hesitation, no more indecisiveness. I’ll shower my Alpha with love until he begs me to stop, and even then, I’ll spoil them so much until I show him how much I love him.” Jungkook stated, taking Taehyung’s hands and intertwining their fingers together. Jungkook leaned down and placed a kiss on the top part of Taehyung’s hand and glance at his direction. Taehyung could feel his heart skip a beat by the intensity of Jungkook’s stare, and his body trembled by the fact that the Alpha in front of him desired him so much... So much to the point where Jungkook would break up with his current partner just to give their relationship a second chance; although Taehyung knew it was much deeper than that, but he didn’t care. Jungkook wanted him as much as Taehyung wanted him. It was mutual. Their attraction was mutual, and he couldn’t be any happier. 

“You’re lucky your cute.” 

“Oh, really?” 

“Yup! And your lucky Jimin is your friend, and he already kind of convinced me to give you a second chance in case you ever contacted me.” Taehyung noted although it was half true since Jimin’s conversation did play a role in his decision to give Jungkook a second chance, but the other part was his desire to see if their relationship would work out. 

“I guess I should thank him...so would you forgive me for the way I acted and give me another opportunity?” 

“...” 

Taehyung remained quiet. In a way to torment Jungkook for hurting his feelings but also to prepare his heart for the next move he was boldly going to do in front of people, no less.

“So?” 

“I do, Jungkook. I’ll give you a second chance, but don’t break my heart, or I’ll beat the shit out of you and so will Jimin and Yoongi.” He giggled, leaning forward, passed their intertwined fingers, and connected his lips with Jungkook’s soft ones for a quick but burning kiss that left them both wanting more. Once he sat back down in his seat, he glanced at Jungkook, who had released their hands by the shock of his action and was now an angry shade of red.  

Taehyung didn’t know where their relationship would lead them to or if it was going to work out or not, but the fact that Jungkook had admitted his sexuality and that he was attracted to Taehyung was enough for him to get his hopes up. At least for now. 

Taehyung was glad he decided to meet Jungkook at the cafe, he was glad he was friends with Jimin, and he was delighted that his love life wasn’t a disaster anymore. 

—————-

Hoseok’s first priority at the moment was to get Seokjin to safety. He was glad he drove his car to his job, after getting it fixed up at the repair shop when it didn’t start up the last time he went to pick up Namjoon at the University’s music studio. It was extra funds that he wasn’t ready to spend this month, but they needed a car to facilitate their trip from home to the University. 

“Jimin, did you call Namjoon? What did he say?” He asked, laying Seokjin down, as best as possible, in the back seat. Hoseok knew his hyung must be in so much pain. Who wouldn’t be? When Jinnie’s heat was starting to reach its peak, he knew it would be best to hurry home and start helping relieve some of the pain, although he knew it wouldn’t be the same without an Alpha’s knot. Omegas and Betas weren’t meant to aid each other during a heat. An Omegas’ heat was much longer, about a week-long, compared to a Betas’ heat (that they get whenever they mate with an Alpha), which only lasted two days, but both were only completely relieved by an Alpha’s knot.

“I called him, but he sounded strange,” Jimin inform him, taking a seat next to Seokjin, who was whining and begging for an Alpha’s knot. Jimin positioned Seokjin’s head and placed it on his lap, running his fingers through the Omegas’ dampened and sweaty hair that was already sticking to his forehead. 

“What do you mean, he sounds strange?” Hoseok worryingly asked, taken the initiative and getting into the driver's seat and started their drive back home, where he hoped Namjoon was ready to help their hyung. 

“I don’t know. He kept panting, and his voice was just strange. Do you think he’s sick or something?” 

“I don’t know. He was feeling well this morning when I left.” Hoseok confessed, now worried about Namjoon, but also concerned about the fact that if Namjoon were sick, he’d have to take care of Seokjin’s heat by himself. It wasn’t that he had not done it before, but this time, after everything that happened between Seokjin and him, he wanted Namjoon to be there with them. In case Seokjin rejected his help. 

After twenty minutes of hearing the agonizing pleads of Seokjin and Jimin trying to soothe the burning heat that was probably overtaking the Omega, the three of them arrived home.

It was a struggle to get Seokjin out of the car, but with the help of Jimin, Hoseok was able to get Seokjin on his back and give the Omega in heat a piggyback all the way to the front door of the apartment. Hoseok gave the passcode to Jimin, who quickly entered it and opened the door. However, as the door of their apartment opened, a chill ran down Hoseok’s spine. He didn’t know why, but the sudden urge to run went through his mind. Something was terribly wrong, and he knew it involved Namjoon. 

“J-jimin, umm...I think it would be best for you to go back home. Namjoon and I have this under control. I don’t want Jinnie’s heat to trigger yours, and then we’ll just have an even bigger problem.” Hoseok stated, halting their movements in front of the door. If something was wrong with Namjoon, he didn’t want to involve Jimin at all. Hoseok knew how to handle Namjoon and Seokjin since they were his childhood friends, but Jimin was different, Jimin was a new friend, and he was going to protect the younger from any harm. 

“But, Hobi! I can help you guys. My heat won't be trigger. I promise.” 

“No, Jimin. It’s okay...just go. I appreciate the help and concern, but Namjoon and I got this. It’s not the first time we help Jinnie through his heat.” 

“Fine, but call me if you need anything, and I’ll come right away, okay!” 

“I will, thank you, Jimin. I really appreciate it.” Hoseok thanked the younger with a final nod of approval. Jimin placed a small kiss on Seokjin’s forehead then the young Omega was down the hallway, and away from their apartment. 

Making sure Seokjin was firmly secured on his back and his hands were gripping tightly on the back gap of his childhood friend's knees, Hoseok took a deep breath and exhaled slowly before entering the low dimmed apartment. 

Closing the door behind him, Hoseok could feel his skin crawled, and all the hair in his body was standing up as he walked further inside the apartment. 

“Joon!” He whisper-shouted as he stepped  into the living of their small two-bedroom apartment. The heavy atmosphere was making the Omega inside of him whimper, but he knew he had to stay strong for Seokjin’s sake.  

“Joon!” He repeated, this time louder but never got a response. 

“A-Alpha!” Seokjin whined, squirming on his back, and Hoseok knew they had to act fast. They had been neglecting Seokjin way too long without helping alleviate the burning heat that he knew was torturing Seokjin. Hoseok decided to lay Seokjin down on the couch, so he could get the materials they needed to aid Seokjin’s heat, such as water bottles, granola bars, and other essentials as well as look for Namjoon. Hoseok could still feel his presence even though it was faint. 

“Jinnie, stay still. I’ll be back, and we’ll help you, okay?” He said, nuzzling on Seokjin’s neck and placing a small peck on the side of the Omega’s scorching hot neckline. Even though Hoseok knew Seokjin was too delirious to understand anything he was saying and only purr by his touch. 

Entering the kitchen, Hoseok noticed the messy state it was in; Namjoon was probably trying to make something for us… Again, he thought to himself, slightly shaking his head side to side with a smile plastered on his face. He and Seokjin always made sure to keep their childhood friend away from the kitchen since the last time Namjoon tried to cook a nice meal for the three of them. The Beta ended up catching the steak on fire, and it was so bad, that the fire department had to come in to make sure everything was fine. It was a funny story, now that he thought about it, but it did get Seokjin and him in trouble with the landlord. So to prevent future problems, they decided to ban Namjoon permanently from the kitchen.  

As he was picking up some pans and plates that were scattered throughout the kitchen floor, a low growl caught his attention. Looking for the source of the noise, he looked to the doorway that connected the kitchen and the living room, and the sudden presence of Namjoon made him flinch. 

“J-Joon! What the hell? Don’t scare me like that! Where have you been? Jimin told me you weren’t feeling well, is everything alright?” Hoseok bombarded the Beta with questions, but the only response he got was a loud growl. Hoseok noticed that Namjoon’s eyes were flashing red, and drool was dribbling down the Beta’s chin, and the mare presence was making Hoseok tremble. What was wrong with his friend? Was Namjoon really sick? And where was the strong smell of herbal grass coming from?  

“J-Joon...say something. You’re scaring me. What’s wrong?” He added, walking closer towards Namjoon, who just stared at him as if he was in a trance. When Hoseok was about to touch Namjoon’s shoulder, the strong release of Alpha pheromones paralyzed him. 

“Mate...my mate!” Namjoon said to him, making him step backward as the intense smell of an Alpha in rut hit Hoseok by surprise. 

“J-Joonie what—” 

Before Hoseok could finish speaking, Namjoon yanked him by the arm and dragged him to the living room where Seokjin was rubbing against the cushions trying to find his release that no one was giving him. 

“Alpha!” Seokjin moaned, probably sensing the presence of Namjoon, who still had him confined by the arm. 

”Stay still and don’t move,” Namjoon instructed him before letting go of his arm, and Hoseok did what he was told. Hoseok was scared; he was scared of what could happen to Seokjin and him in the presence of an Alpha. However, he was more concerned about Namjoon and why the Beta was emitted the strong scent of an Alpha? Making him realize that maybe, just maybe Namjoon had presented as an Alpha? But he wondered, how was that possible? His friend never mentioned anything about the possibility of being a different sub-gender as both Namjoon’s parents were Betas. 

The sudden pull of his arm snapped him out of his thoughts. It was Namjoon dragging him to Seokjin’s bedroom, seeing how the Alpha carried their hyung over his shoulder who only mewled by the touch of an Alpha. 

Hoseok’s felt like he was stuck in a dream. It was like everything that was happening in front of him was a terrible nightmare, and he would wake up at any moment, to the ruckus noises between Seokjin and Namjoon as they argue about who gets to use the bathroom first. But it wasn’t a dream. It was a cruel reality that he wasn’t prepared to face. 

Once the three of them were in the bedroom, Namjoon shoved Hoseok to the floor, where he felt too weak, too powerless to move. He just stared in fear as Namjoon stripped Seokjin out of his dampened clothes and made the Omega straddle the Alpha’s lap. By pure instinct, Seokjin started rubbing against Namjoon’s leg, tilting his head backward while letting out small cries of pleasure trying to find his release.

”A-alpha! Please! Mmm...need you!” Seokjin begged, noticing that slick was coating the alpha's leg, but Hoseok was more worried about Namjoon’s instincts of mating. What would happen if Namjoon mated Seokjin? Hoseok knew his hyung was too out of it to consent to a mating mark. And by the way, Namjoon growled as the now Alpha, squeezed Seokjin’s thighs to heighten the pleasure and finally make Seokjin cum all over his leg, Hoseok knew his friend was also too delusional to make a decision so crucial that could affect them all for life.  

Hoseok saw how Namjoon nuzzled on Seokjin scent glands and made eye contact with him—- sending shivers down his spine. Was it the look of an Alpha that made Hoseok’s abdomen start to feel a sudden warmth? Or was it him being too exposed to Seokjin’s heat that Hoseok could feel himself getting hotter and hotter? Shit! Hoseok recognized the symptoms of an Omega entering in heat. Now he was certain that the events in front of him were triggering his own heat. Which he cursed himself with all his heart for being so weak to be influenced by his friend's pheromones.  

“Nnngh! Your next Omega...my mate. After I’m done with this one. I’ll be sure to fill you up with my pups!” Namjoon barked, locking eyes with Hoseok one more time and sucking and nibbling on Seokjin neck, who only moaned by the action. 

Hoseok’s knees felt too weak to move, and his body was hurting and burning at the same time as the intense heat wave was running throughout his whole body. He hated that he couldn’t do anything to help Seokjin, who was now manhandled by Namjoon to be face down on the bed and on all four as the Alpha rammed in and out of the wet and throbbing hole. Hoseok found the squelching and slapping noises from their bodies coming into contact downright obscene, but a small part of him, the Omega inside of him, was jealous. Jealous of Seokjin, who was soon going to get an Alpha’s knot inside of him and find his release, but also jealous of Namjoon for being able to aid to their friend’s needs. 

It was a complicated situation, but Hoseok knew he couldn’t change his destiny. He knew he couldn’t present as an Alpha just like Namjoon to help Seokjin through his heat; he knew he couldn’t stop Namjoon from fucking his one-sided love into oblivion because deep inside of him, Hoseok knew Seokjin would never be his, that his love for his best friend would never be reciprocated no matter how much he wanted. 

The loud moans of Seokjin as he came in waves and Namjoon’s grunting noises as he spilled his seed over and over again inside the Omega’s tight hole snapped Hoseok out of his thoughts and back to reality where he knew he couldn’t handle the truth.

Hoseok vision was starting to get clouded, and he whined as he felt slick pouring out of his aching entrance and staining his underwear. He placed both of his hands on top of his abdomen and curled himself up on the floor to try to lessen some of the pain, but it was futile. He knew the only way to calm his symptoms was through an Alpha’s knot, and the only person he knew who could give him the aid he needed was Namjoon, the Alpha who was still locked together with Seokjin. 

“A-Alpha!” He cried out, hating himself for the way he was submitting to his Omega tendencies. For not being strong enough to stop himself from rubbing against the carpeted floor to find his own release or at least until Namjoon was able to help him. 

Hoseok lost all sense of time, his mind felt hazy, and the scorching feeling in his body only intensified the burning desire to have an Alpha's Knot inside of him. 

“How is my Omega doing? My beautiful and handsome mate.” Hoseok heard as the tone of the Alpha was making him purr in happiness. To be able to be called someone’s Omega, someone’s mate was making his inner wolf jump with satisfaction. 

“Mmm! Alpha!” He whined, leaning against the touch of the Alpha, who was now touching his aching body. Hoseok hated himself for being so submissive, for surrendering to the Omega side of him but he couldn’t help it when the intoxicating aroma of a potential mate was in front of him. 

He felt Namjoon manhandling him, so the Alpha was able to hook his hands under Hoseok’s thighs and lifted them up, spreading the Omega. Hoseok clenched his eyes shut in embarrassment, or was it excitement, he wasn’t sure, but Hoseok was loving the feeling of being dominated. He tried closing his legs, but Namjoon's strong arms held them in place to be able to position himself between Hoseok’s legs. 

“Ready my Omega? Ready to be bred and be full of my pups?” He heard, and the idea of complying with the demands of the Alpha was making his aching hole throb in excitement. 

”Mmm! Y-yes! Alpha! Please!”

“Oh...someone is needy.” The Alpha chuckle, as Hoseok starting to buck his hips upward and grind on the Alpha’s already hardened length. 

Hoseok was certain that he was probably losing his ability for rational thinking due to his heat overtaking him. His body was coated with sweat, and his legs trembled in excitement as the Alpha’s length pushed past his rim and into his dripping hole.  

“Argh!” He groaned and arched his back, not really sure of what to do with his hands as the intense heat that was once pooling in his abdomen was now subsiding. Instead of dwelling on his actions, he buried his nose in the crook of the Alpha's neck, growling when Namjoon’s hands came up to grasp his hair as he tilted his head back.

“Mark me! Make me yours Alpha! Namjoon!” He screamed as Namjoon pounded inside of him. Hoseok was loving the feeling of the Alpha’s length inside of him, ramming into his throbbing hole over and over again. 

“Mate! Bond with me! Mark me!” He chanted as Hoseok clawed at Namjoon’s back. It was in an instant of losing all his control to the pleasure he was feeling that he condoned the biggest mistake of his life. He felt how Namjoon was sucking and nibbling on his scent gland, and before he knew what was happening, the scrapping feeling of Namjoon’s sharp teeth and then a sharp pain sinking into his neck brought him back to reality. 

“Argh!” He groaned as the pain overwhelmed him.  He pushed Namjoon, as best as he could, to the side and crawled away from his mate. Hoseok’s face turned pale as he realized he was now mated with Namjoon, who was growling at him and licking his lips that were stained with blood. 

“How could you do this to me?! How dare you touch Jinnie while he was barely conscious?! Stop! Don’t!! Stay away from me, you monster!” Hoseok shouted as he crawled to the bed where he knew Seokjin was still sleeping, placing one hand over his freshly made mark. 

“Omega! You’re my Omega!” Namjoon growled, moving closer to his location. 

“A-alpha!?”

Was all Hoseok heard as he realized that Seokjin was finally awake. 

Seeing the confused expression on Seokjin’s face made Hoseok feel like crying. Shit, what the hell was Hoseok supposed to do now that he was mated with Namjoon? A sharp pain in his heart overwhelmed him at the realization that he could no longer pursue the feelings he had towards Seokjin as he was now forced to be together with Namjoon, and he let the tears he was trying to holdback finally fall down his cheeks, upon acknowledging the cruel fate that awaited him. 

————

It had been two weeks since the incident with Namjoon and Seokjin was currently in the living room, sipping on some coffee from his favorite pastel pink mug as he laid down on the couch. He remembered the details Hoseok had told him, after their heat was over about Namjoon’s sudden change in attitude, and how their friend presented as an alpha. To say Seokjin was surprised by the events that happened to Hoseok and him was an understatement. He was petrified by the idea that he was so close to being forced into a mating bond with someone he didn’t love, romantically anyways. And consequently, he felt devastated by Hoseok and Namjoon’s fate. Seokjin found it cruel to be forced to bond with someone else, against their will and not by choice. 

Although he knew Namjoon was in love with Hoseok, Seokjin wasn’t sure about Hoseok’s feelings. It broke his heart to know that his best friends, his family, were going through such an awful hardship. 

At least Seokjin was thankful to the Moon Goddess for not getting Hoseok and him pregnant. By pure miracle, both of them failed to carry Namjoon’s pups, which he was glad because having a child would have complicated the situation even more. He sighed for the nth time and closed his eyes. He needed to relax before he started to feel overwhelmed by the fact that such a horrible thing happen to his friends while he was too immersed in his heat. But the sound of his phone ringing snapped him out of his thoughts. 

“Hello?” He answered, sighing by the bundle of difficulties that were happening between his closest friends.

“Oh Omega. Are you alright? You sound so sad? Did something happen to make my lovely Omega so troubled?” Daniel’s voice resounded through the phone. As much as he liked speaking with Daniel, he was not in the mood. Since the incident, Seokjin had been avoiding meeting with Daniel in person. His Alpha didn’t know anything about Namjoon’s presentation, and he was afraid that Daniel would be angry at him by the fact that another Alpha helped him through his heat. 

At least until Seokjin was sure Namjoon’s herbal plants scent no longer lingered inside of him, or his strong smell of a freshly bred Omega, he was not going to meet with his Alpha. 

“I-I’m fine. Just tired. School and work have been keeping me busy.” He lied because ever since the incident, Hoseok and him have not stepped outside their apartment. Seokjin was too tired and needed more time to recuperate from the toll that an Omega’s heat had on his body. As for Hoseok, well, the younger Omega had shut himself inside his room and hadn’t come out, unless it was for eating. Hoseok’s reaction was understandable because Seokjin would also be completely shattered by the fact that he was now mated with his childhood friend, no less. 

Seokjin was glad Namjoon left right after their heat ended because they all needed time to process what had happened, come to terms with it individually. Even though he knew they eventually had to sit down and speak about it. 

“Oh...I see. Try not to over exhaust yourself. You just had your heat. I bet you’re still sensitive. Just be careful, and call me if you need anything.” 

“Okay, thank you. I will.”

“I miss you, my Omega,” Daniel said to him, and he just let out a small chuckle by the way his Alpha was acting. It was cute, in his opinion. 

“Me too. I miss you too.” 

“When can I see you? I want to go on a makeup date to compensate for the last one.” 

“Hmm, I’m not sure, but I’ll let you know.” 

“Okay. I have to get back to work. Talk to you later, my lovely Omega.” Daniel said to him and hung up their call. Seokjin really missed his Alpha, but his friends were his top priority. He knew he had to speak with Namjoon about what happened, maybe knowing the other side of the story would clear up some of the misunderstandings that he had. It was weird how he didn’t feel any resentment towards Namjoon or the fact that Namjoon knotted him. Maybe because it was his best friend, his lovely Namjoon that he had done it with and not with a complete stranger; although Seokjin knew it was no justification for the forced mating bond the younger had done with Hoseok.  

The sound of incoming messages snap him out of his thoughts for the second time. Grabbing his phone, he noticed it was Jimin. Ah, how he missed the lovely and caring Jimin; How he truly missed speaking with the younger Omega so much. 

Jimin: Hi, Jinnie! How are you doing? 

Seokjin: Tired. Even though my heat ending a week ago, I feel sluggish. 

Jimin: Aah, I see. I feel like that after my heat too. Drink lots of water and get some rest. 

Jimin: I know you’re trying to rest but...Hmm, can you come over to my place tomorrow? 

Seokjin: Thanks! I will. 

Seokjin: Tomorrow? For what? 

Jimin: I want to talk about Namjoon and your heat. My boyfriend, Yoongi, told me Joon has been isolating himself since your heat ended. Hasn’t even gone to classes or anything. 

Seokjin read and as he processed the message Jimin sent him, he wondered if the younger Omega knew about the incident. If Jimin knew that Namjoon presented as an Alpha and Hoseok’s heat was triggered due to it, but worse of all if Jimin knew about the forced mating bond that occurred. 

Seokjin: Joonie didn’t tell you? 

Jimin: Tell me about what? What’s going on Jinnie?! Did something horrible happen during your heat? I knew it! I had a feeling something happen by the way Hoseok has been ignoring my calls and Namjoon ignoring Yoongi. 

Jimin: I knew I should have stayed behind and assisted them with your heat!

Seokjin: I’ll explain everything when I see you tomorrow. How about at noon? Would that work out for you? I’ll tell you everything then, okay? Just prepare your heart because it’s going to be a long and not so fun story.

Jimin: Oh, gosh! What the hell happened, Jinnie!? Please tell me everyone is alright. 

Seokjin: Yes, everyone is safe. Don’t worry. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay. Don’t worry too much. I’ll tell you everything when we meet up. 

Jimin: Okay, hyung. See ya tomorrow. And take care! 

Seokjin placed his phone on the end table next to the couch. He knew he had to prepare for the interrogation Jimin was going to give him as soon as he stepped inside the apartment. However, Seokjin knew he needed help with repairing the broken bond between Hoseok, Namjoon, and him. He knew it was not going to be easy, not after Namjoon and Hoseok were mated, but he had to try. For the sake of their friendship and their future together. 

Rubbing his eyes, he took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. With a loud groan, he got up from the couch and headed to his room. Seokjin needed to take a long hot shower before getting ready to go to sleep. 

Seokjin knew his meeting with Jimin tomorrow was going to be exhausting, so he needed a goodnight’s sleep to be able to handle all the stress that he would face the next day. He just hoped that it wasn’t too late to mend the broken bonds with his childhood friends. 

Notes:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Let me know your thoughts. What do you think is going to happen between NamSeok? Would they follow their instincts or would they try to work out their relationship first? How about Seokjin and his Alpha (Daniel)? What would happen to them?

Let me know in the comments below and please look forward to the next chapter.

My Twitter: Kumasama92

Chapter 13: Bonds of Love and Regret

Summary:

Arriving at the front door of Jimin’s apartment, number six thirteen, as the text message Jimin sent him stated, he nervously rang the doorbell.

Just get it over with, Seokjin. Jimin is going to help you. Just be honest with him and go straight to the point, like you've always been taught to do. Rip it off like a bandage. Fast and quick,” he said to himself, ringing the doorbell one more time.

To his surprise, the door flung open, and into his view came a small and pretty Omega. This younger man was definitely not Jimin, and he wondered to himself if he perhaps got the wrong apartment.

Notes:

First, I want to say thank you for all the kind comments I received and the support from all of you. I really needed time off and due to that I was able to write more, at my own pace.

Second, please stay safe and take all the necessary precautions for the Coronavirus, especially if you live with grandparents or anyone who is at high risk. Don’t take this virus lightly and I pray every day that this will soon be over. Let’s all stay positive!!

Last, I just wanted to thank everyone again for the support and love I have gotten. I really appreciate it 💜

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The journey to Jimin’s house wasn’t as far as Seokjin wanted it to be. Why did it only take him fifteen minutes to arrive at the staircase of the three-storied apartment where Jimin lived instead of an hour or more? The reason behind his dilemma was that Seokjin was hesitant about coming face to face with Jimin, and for one simple reason, he didn’t want his friend to go into a rampage after hearing the story of what happened during his heat. Even though Seokjin didn’t know the younger Omega all that well or at least as well as Hoseok, Seokjin could tell that Jimin was as intimidating and scary as his childhood friend when angry. And he didn’t want to unleash a beast that he knew he wouldn’t be able to contain by retelling his story. 

Regardless of his feelings and with no other choice, he proceeded to the front entrance of the building. What other option did he have anyway? Especially since Hoseok and Namjoon stopped talking to him due to the consequences that occurred during his heat. 

Taking the staircase up to the second floor where Jimin lived, just to delay his arrival a little longer, Seokjin remembered that he needed to organize his thoughts first before he confronted Jimin. But what was he supposed to say? That his best friend, his Joonie, suddenly presented as an Alpha, and due to the overwhelming pheromones in the air of an Omega in heat and an Alpha in a rut, it triggered Hoseok’s heat. And to make it all worse, Namjoon forced Hoseok into a permanent bond and almost got both Hoseok and him pregnant with his pups. 

It all sounded really outrageous, but it was the truth, and although it felt like a dream in his mind, Seokjin wasn’t sure if he should be blunt with Jimin or not? In some ways, Seokjin felt embarrassed by the events. Embarrassed by how easily he was manipulated into being bred by an Alpha, even if that Alpha was his childhood friend. Maybe he should lie about what went on during his heat? What would happen if he sugarcoated the truth? Would Jimin forgive him for being a coward and a liar? 

Then, who would help him patch up the broken bond between Hoseok and Namjoon? Maybe he should be honest with his friend as much as the truth hurts and ask for the help he desperately needed. 

Arriving at the front door of Jimin’s apartment, number six thirteen, as the text message Jimin sent him stated, he nervously rang the doorbell. 

Just get it over with, Seokjin. Jimin is going to help you. Just be honest with him and go straight to the point, like you've always been taught to do. Rip it off like a bandage. Fast and quick,” he said to himself, ringing the doorbell one more time. 

To his surprise, the door flung open, and into his view came a small and pretty Omega. This younger man was definitely not Jimin, and he wondered to himself if he perhaps got the wrong apartment. 

“Woah! Jimin was right. You are very handsome and beautiful. I thought he was exaggerating, but damn, you are fucking hot.” The unknown man said to him before he even had a chance to speak, making him blush by the compliment. Seokjin was not used to people calling him beautiful or handsome or even admiring his looks, but that was all he heard from others ever since he met Daniel...and he secretly liked it. 

“T-thank you? Umm, can I at least know the name of the person giving me such wonderful compliments?” 

“Yoongi. Min Yoongi. And come inside hyung, Jimin is waiting for you.” Yoongi said to him, opening the door for him so he would be able to step further inside. Seokjin just trailed behind Yoongi, neither of them saying a word until they reached the living room where he was welcomed by the smell of freshly made food coming from the kitchen. 

“Take a seat. Jimin is almost done with lunch.” Yoongi said to him, leaving him standing as the male walked to the kitchen. Hopefully, to inform Jimin of his arrival. Seokjin did as instructed and sat down on the couch, looking around the comfy and quiet living room. 

To his surprise, there weren’t many decorations around the room, just a TV, the couch, and a small coffee table that had a cactus in the middle. It was simple, but it felt like home. 

However, there was a mixed odor of Lemongrass, pine trees, vanilla, and a hint of cotton candy lingering in the air that sent chills down his spine. It was specifically the smell of Lemongrass and pine trees mixed together that stood out to him the most. It was an intoxicating scent, an aroma so strong that it made the Omega inside of him whimper in excitement. Seokjin wondered if it was because he was still recovering from his heat that he was so sensitive to different scents, but deep inside his mind, he wished to drown in the smell of Lemongrass and pine trees forever. 

“Jinnie-Hyung, I'm so happy you are in my house.” Jimin’s cheerful voice snapped him out of his thoughts. Seokjin turned around to look for the source of the sound and saw Jimin walking towards him, followed by Yoongi, who never met his gaze for some strange reason. 

“Hey! You wanted to talk, so here I am.” He shrugged, getting up from the couch, so he could properly take a good look at his adorable and handsome friend. 

“True, but first, let me introduce you to Yoongi. I know you met him already, but I want to do a proper introduction.” Jimin stated, moving behind Yoongi and giving the Omega a back hug while placing his chin on his shoulder. Now that Seokjin thought about it, the name Yoongi sounded very familiar to him, but he didn’t remember where he had heard it before. Was it at school? Did he have a class with Yoongi before, and he didn’t know? Probably not since Seokjin would’ve remembered someone as pretty and cute looking as Yoongi. 

“Hyung, this is Yoongi. My boyfriend. And Yoongi, this is Jinnie hyung, Hoseok and Namjoon’s childhood friend.” Jimin said, smiling ear to ear that his eyes turned into little adorable moon crescents. 

“You know Hoseok and Namjoon?” Seokjin questioned, ignoring the announcement that Jimin said about Yoongi being his boyfriend. Besides, it was news that didn’t bother him and actually made him very happy to hear, but his mind was only focused on one specific detail, how Yoongi knew his childhood friends? 

“Yeah, Namjoon and I have the same music production class. We are working on a project together for our end of the semester evaluation.” 

“Oh! I knew I recognized your name from somewhere! So you’re the famous Yoongi who Namjoon talks so highly about, saying you are a genius and that everything you produce is so unique and out of this world.” 

“He said that about me?” Yoongi asked him, blushing and glancing down.  

Cute, Seokjin thought. No wonder Jimin was head over heels for Yoongi. If he were sexually attracted to Omegas, Seokjin would have also picked someone like Yoongi as his partner— Someone adorably cute and smart. 

“Yup! All the time. He doesn’t stop talking about you. Namjoon is very passionate about his music production classes, and once he sets his eyes on something (or someone), he will never stop praising them.” He declared, winking at Yoongi. Seokjin was used to flirting with other Omegas, due to his Alpha-like appearance. Even when he was approached by other Omegas, although some of them were very cute and his type, Seokjin wasn’t interested in them, because all his heart needed was to be with an Alpha, so to be mistaken for another Alpha by others, especially Omegas, broke his heart. 

However, that didn’t stop him from honing his skills in flirting, which have become useful whenever he makes a new Omega friend. 

“Hyung, you are such a flirt, stop hitting on my boyfriend. Look at him, he’s a blushing mess,” Jimin told him, chuckling at his statement. It was true, Yoongi’s cheeks were a shade of red, and the Omega didn’t dare look at Seokjin straight in the eyes. Perhaps he went a little overboard? Perhaps he gained a new admirer? Either way, he would be overjoyed to just gain a new friend in his life.  

“I’m not! It's not my fault I attract so much attention from other Omegas. I don’t even know what they see in me. My shoulders are so broad, and I’m so average looking… so Alpha-like,” He half teased, weakly smiling and giggling. It was true about his Alpha-like appearance, and there was no one in the world who could change his mind about it. 

“Hyung, don’t say that. You are beautiful! Isn’t that right, Yoongi?” Jimin asked his boyfriend, who proceeded to nod in agreement. He didn’t believe either of them, but he weakly smiled to move on from the awkward moment that was starting to develop due to his statement.

“Anyways, what do you say we go eat?” He suggested, wanting to move on from the tense atmosphere. Jimin agreed with him and guided them to the kitchen, along with Yoongi, where quite a few dishes were placed on the small table. 

Seokjin was beyond amazed by the different types of food in front of him that his mouth started to water. He didn’t know Jimin knew how to cook, if Seokjin knew beforehand, maybe he would have come over for dinner more often, or whenever he didn’t feel like cooking himself. Maybe he could ask Jimin to come over to his house to cook dinner for him one of these days. He would love the company since Hoseok and Namjoon have distanced themselves from him, and he hated to have dinner by himself every night. 

————

Just like the aroma that filled the kitchen, the food was just as delicious that as soon as he took a bite, Seokjin moaned in delight. 

“Is the food that good?” Jimin asked him, and he just hummed in agreement. He could see that Jimin wanted to ask him something, like if he was holding himself back from speaking his mind, so Seokjin wasn’t surprised by the following words the younger Omega let out. 

“So hyung...what happened during your heat? Why is Namjoon and Hoseok acting so strange? Why are they isolating themselves so much?” Jimin bombarded him with questions as Seokjin was taking a bite of his Japchae. 

Seokjin stopped his movement and realized that the dreaded time had finally come for him. The time to reveal the truth of what happened during his heat and why his friends were acting so differently. 

Continuing with his movement of chewing his food and swallowing, Seokjin placed his chopsticks to the side. Ready to confess the truth. Ready to see the reaction that Jimin was going to have when he heard it. 

Preparing his heart for what was going to happen, Seokjin looked at Jimin straight in the eyes and unleashed his version of Pandora’s box. 

“Namjoon presented as an Alpha, and he forced Hoseok to mate with him.” Seokjin let out, seeing the shocking expressions on Jimin and Yoongi’s face.  

“W-What—Can you repeat that again?” Jimin said, looking at Seokjin with uncertainty in his eyes as if what he heard was a story, a fairytale that only happens in books. 

“It’s exactly what you heard. Namjoon is an Alpha, and Hoseok is his mate.” He repeated, feeling the pain in his heart by the words he let out. The truth hurts, it really did cut deep within his heart, but at the same time, he was relieved. Relief that his best friends weren’t going to be alone in the arduous journey back to recovery; at least for Hoseok and Namjoon, they had Jimin and his boyfriend as allies, aside from himself. So he knew they were all going to overcome this hurdle together. 

“Hyung, what the fuck happen during your heat?! And why is Namjoon an Alpha now?” Yoongi asked him, looking dumbfounded by his words. And Seokjin didn’t know how to respond. He had no idea why Namjoon was an Alpha, nor what went down when he was asleep to make Namjoon mate with Hoseok, but Seokjin did know that for the first time in his life, there was a terrifying uproar between his childhood friends. Never had Namjoon and Hoseok fought with each other to this extent. Not even when Namjoon lost Hoseok’s favorite blanket that Seokjin gifted him for his tenth birthday. Not even then did they stop talking to each other or isolated themselves. 

“I don’t know… to be honest, one minute I was with Daniel and my heat was overtaking me, making everything around me so unbearably hot, and then, I woke up feeling satisfied after being knotted. And that was when I saw Hoseok with a freshly made mark on his neck. But worse of all, I saw how Namjoon forced himself on Hoseok until he was adequately knotted and sated… and it went on like that for the duration of our heats and Namjoon’s rut. Namjoon knotted us over and over again until we were just motionless limbs. With no will to get up.” 

“Who’s Daniel?” Yoongi interrupted, looking at Seokjin then at Jimin, curiosity in his eyes. 

“He’s….Jin-Hyung's boyfriend,” Jimin explained, looking at him for confirmation. It was true, he and Daniel were together, but it was still too early to say that they were boyfriends. At most, Seokjin considered Daniel a potential mate, and it was still too soon to put labels in their relationship. 

“Potential mate. We are just dating for now.” He noted, grabbing his chopsticks and continued to eat his food, seeing the confused expression on Jimin’s face, but he ignored it. Maybe Hoseok mentioned his relationship with Daniel before and thought they were exclusive, but at this point, he was more worried about his childhood friends. How were they going to handle the forced bond created between them? Seokjin knew about the feeling Namjoon harbored for Hoseok, but did Hoseok feel the same way? Probably not. And he knew why. Because many years ago, he found out about Hoseok’s feelings for him. Yes, Seokjin knew that Hoseok was in love with him, but chose to ignore it for the sake of their friendship. He thought Hoseok was going to move on, realizing that Seokjin had no interest in dating another Omega. That their relationship wouldn’t go beyond childhood friends. However, life wasn’t that simple. 

It wasn’t that he didn’t consider developing feelings towards Hoseok or even Namjoon because first, they were both very attractive, and second, they were his closest friends, people who knew him so well that he couldn’t hide anything from them. Nevertheless, his heart wasn’t drawn to them in a way that wasn’t more than platonic love, and he knew it was because his heart only wanted an Alpha.  

“But Hoseok said—”

“Hoseok doesn’t know what goes on between Daniel and I. Besides, we have more important things to talk about. Like how are we going to get Namjoon and Hoseok to patch things up again? I’m really worried about them. You know that due to their bond, they can’t be away from each other for a long period of time, or their bond will become unbearably painful. They were able to mate with each other because they are soulmates. They both know it...no matter how much they try to deny it. Or how messed up their bond was initiated.” He reaffirmed, trying to focus on what was important to him. The real reason he came to Jimin’s house even though he wanted to stay home and recuperate from his draining heat. 

Seokjin was just glad that Jimin was taking the news so well, he expected a rampage, tables, and plates being thrown all over the place by the way Namjoon had acted towards their friend, but instead, he was met with a rational Jimin who was gathering as much information as he could, to be able to provide a better solution to their problem. 

“I’m not sure, I’m really angry at Namjoon for the way he acted towards Hoseok and you. To force a mating bond? Really? What was he thinking?” Jimin confessed, clenching his jaw, frustration plastered on his handsome face. 

“But we don’t know what really happened,” Yoongi added.

“What do you mean? Namjoon mated Hoseok. Didn’t you hear what Jinnie said? What’s more is there to say!” 

“I understand you are angry, Jimin, but we don’t know what really happened between Hoseok and Namjoon. All we know is what Seokjin has told us about the situation. His point of view. But what if it was mutual? And both Namjoon and Hoseok decided to mate. Did you ever think of that possibility? Or if it was Hoseok who initiated their bond,” Yoongi explained, probably the only person in the room with an unbiased opinion. What Yoongi was saying made sense to him. Seokjin didn’t think of that possibility. What if Hoseok really consented to their bond? But what if not? A lot of questions were going through his mind, but there was no one to give him the answers.  

“No way! Hoseok isn’t like that, to be led by his instincts. Namjoon probably took advantage of him like every other Alpha out there. I just know it. Hoseok is a strong Omega and wouldn’t let that happen to him. After all, Alphas are savages.” Jimin argued, and Seokjin felt angry by the words that the younger Omega was spitting out. Like if Namjoon was like those bastards that raped his mother when she was in heat or all those Alphas who would harass him for being so Alpha-like. No way! Namjoon, his Joonie wasn’t like that at all and he knew it. 

“What did you just say about Joonie? Do you even know him? You probably don’t! If you knew him like I do you will know Joonie is the sweetest person ever. So I won’t tolerate you talking about someone I have known since childhood and is so dear to me in such a terrible manner. Joonie is not like all the Alphas out there. Heck, he just presented as an Alpha and you are already stereotyping his personality. I don’t really know what happened between Hoseok and Namjoon but one thing I know for sure is that Namjoon wasn’t acting like himself. He was probably confused and led by his instinct, and the same with Hoseok. He’s not excused from what happened either. Jimin, you have to understand that to create a bond, especially a mating bond, it has to be consensual by our inner wolves or it won’t happen and if it does happen (nonconsensually) for some strange miracle, it will only cause pain for both of them. So before you start judging people, think of all the possibilities. You have no right to say that about Joonie. No right at all!” Seokjin growled, glaring at Jimin who looked at him with widened eyes. Seokjin usually wasn’t the type to yell or even act rude towards others, especially towards his friends. He was stubborn about his life decisions but he wasn’t an asshole. So for him to yell at Jimin, it even took him by surprise, but he couldn’t help it. He hated the way Jimin was expressing himself about Namjoon, that it made his blood boil with anger. 

The atmosphere in the room became heavy. An unbearable silence filled the space that it was futile to ignore. Yet, Seokjin didn’t regret anything he had said, he needed to defend his childhood friends, no matter what. 

“I-I’m sorry Hyung. I didn’t mean to make you angry or insult Namjoon in such a way. It’s just that thinking of what Hoseok and you went through made me angry. I’m sorry. I’m truly sorry.” Jimin apologized, after seconds that felt like minutes of silence. Yoongi looked at Seokjin with sadness in his eyes as if begging him to try to understand Jimin’s point of view. Yet, he didn’t really know what went through Jimin’s mind, but he could make an exception for someone who was becoming dear to him. 

“J-Just, think before you speak and be careful about the way you express yourself next time.” 

“I will! Thank you, hyung. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you angry.” 

“Let’s forget about it, okay? Let’s just focus on how we are going to get Namjoon and Hoseok to at least talk to each other. Or even better yet, know the truth of what really happened while Jinnie was in heat.” Yoongi suggested, trying to alleviate the tense and awkward atmosphere between them. And Seokjin was thankful to the Omega, for being so considerate of them and for not taking sides even though Seokjin had a feeling that Yoongi would always be on Jimin’s side even if he was wrong because he was his boyfriend. 

“I can try to talk with Hoseok. Maybe he’ll tell me something? Besides, I think it’ll be a good idea to get him out of his room. It’s not healthy for him.” He suggested. 

“Can I be there with you hyung? When you go talk with him? I want to know what really happened. I want to see that Hoseok is okay.” Jimin pleaded, his hands gripping the edge of the table. Seokjin didn’t know if it was a good idea or not but what if Hoseok refused to talk with him? Maybe having Jimin tagging along wasn't a bad idea. It could help facilitate the process of getting Hoseok out of his room if he saw Jimin. 

“That’s fine with me. How about Namjoon?” He replied, hearing a happy squeal coming from Jimin. Hopefully, he wouldn’t regret it later. 

“Don’t worry about it Hyung, I’ll talk with him,” 

“You will?” 

“Yeah, I am very worried about him and now that I have an idea of what is happening, it’s best if I talk with him.” 

“By yourself?” Jimin asked, probably worried about Yoongi’s safety but Seokjin wasn’t concerned. He knew Namjoon would never harm Yoongi, it wasn’t in his nature. 

“Yeah, why not?” 

“B-but—” 

“If it makes you feel better, how about I talk with Taehyung and ask him to come along with me? Will that make you feel better?” Yoongi proposed, looking at Jimin with fondness. Seokjin thought Jimin was exaggerating but if it made the Omega feel better, then he knew there wasn’t any other option. Besides he didn’t know who this Taehyung person was but from the look on Jimin’s face, it told Seokjin it was someone he trusted with all his heart. 

“Fine, I’ll feel better knowing that Taehyung will go with you,” 

“Good, then it’s settled!” Seokjin announced, happy to have solved one problem. Now, how was he going to convince Hoseok to get out of his room? Maybe he should lure him out by making his favorite food? Or by playing his favorite movie? Seokjin knew that Hoseok was in love with any kind of movie that involved music and dancing, so he had many options to choose from. 

The sound of an incoming message brought Seokjin back to reality. And he wondered who could it be? Maybe it was Hoseok asking for his whereabouts? Or Namjoon wanting to talk with him about the whole situation. He wasn’t sure, but he wished it was the case so that he could put an end to the fight between his childhood friends. 

However, Seokjin didn’t expect to see a message from Daniel. It was the last person he wanted to talk to at the moment because to Seokjin, his friends were more important.  

“What is it, hyung? Is everything okay?” Jimin asked, probably worried about him. 

“Oh it’s just a message from Daniel. Nothing important,” 

“Ohh, I see. You can reply back if you want. We don’t mind.” 

“Are you sure?” 

“Yeah, go ahead Hyung. We don’t mind.” Yoongi reaffirmed, proceeding to eat his meal that was left untouched due to their conversation. 

“Thank you,” Seokjin said, opening his messages. Wondering what Daniel wanted from him even though he already made it clear he wanted to be left alone. 

Daniel: Hi my beautiful Omega! How are you doing? I know you said you weren’t feeling well but I wanted to ask you one more time if you wanted to come over tonight. I want to see you. I miss you! 🥺

He read his message but truthfully Seokjin wasn’t sure of what to do. Should he meet with Daniel despite the fact that he still smelled like an Omega who had been recently bred or not? He knew the scent of an Alpha, the scent of Herbal Plants that Namjoon emitted still lingered in his body. It was faint, but the aroma was still there and Seokjin knew that an Alpha like Daniel could detect it right away. And Seokjin didn’t want to make his potential mate angry at him for being knotted by another Alpha, even if that other Alpha was his best friend. 

Then, he remembered Jimin still had his shirt, the shirt that Hoseok had gifted him for his birthday and that Namjoon gave to Jimin to wear last time. Maybe if he got his shirt back, he could mask Namjoon’s scent. It should be strong enough to create a barrier for Daniel to never detect Namjoon’s Alpha smell. 

Seokjin: Okay, How about around 7pm? Your place? 

Daniel: Really? Yes! That sounds perfect! I can’t wait to see you. 

Seokjin: Great! See ya later. 

With that final message, Seokjin shoved his phone in his back pocket and looked at Jimin, who was busy feeding some fried rice to Yoongi.  

“Jimin, do you still have that shirt Namjoon let you borrow last time you stayed over?” 

“Huh? Oh, y-yeah. I think it’s in my closet. Why?” 

“I need it back,” he stated, seeing the confused expression on Jimin who only nodded in agreement and proceeded to feed one last spoonful of fried rice to Yoongi and got up from the table. He walked away from the kitchen, to go look for the shirt that Seokjin desperately wanted back. He felt embarrassed to ask for his shirt back, as if he didn't have a million other shirts to wear at home but at this point he didn’t care. Seokjin needed that shirt to mask his scent before he went to meet up with Daniel. He can endure a few minutes of embarrassment if it meant Seokjin could avoid any arguments with his potential mate. 

A moment later, Jimin came back to the kitchen empty handed. 

“Sorry Hyung, I can't find it.” Jimin confessed, looking at Seokjin with guilt and apologetically, bringing one hand to the back of his neck, rubbing his nape in an attempt to calm his nervousness.

“W-What do you mean you can’t find it?” 

“I looked everywhere and nothing. I know I left it in my drawer but it’s gone. I’m sorry Hyung. I’ll try to look for it later. I might have to ask Kookie if he saw it.” Jimin explained, sitting down next to Yoongi. 

And now, Seokjin didn’t know what to do...now that he no longer had access to his shirt. Perhaps it was better for him to cancel his date with Daniel? Because how was he going to face Daniel without the garment that would conceal Namjoon’s scent? There was no way. 

“Yoongi, you smell so good! Like cotton candy,” He heard Jimin squealed, nuzzling on Yoongi’s nape. Although he found the whole scene in front of him disgustingly adorable, a new idea popped into his mind. If he couldn’t get his shirt back, he might as well get a different one and he had two freshly scented shirts available right in front of him. 

“Jimin, give me the shirt you are wearing,” he blurted out, causing even more confusion between the two Omegas. Seokjin knew he sounded crazy, they probably found his request very unpleasant but he didn’t care. At this point, he didn’t care about his pride hurting as long as he got a shirt to mask Namjoon’s scent. 

“My shirt?” 

“Yes, your shirt. Hand it over,” he demanded, getting up from his seat and walking to where Jimin was sitting down. However, as he got closer he realized that there was no way Jimin’s shirt would fit him. Afterall Seokjin was taller and broader than the small Omega. 

“Never mind,” he added, looking defeated by the fact that there was no way to mask his scent.  

“Why do you need my shirt?” Jimin asked him, looking worried and probably wondering why Seokjin was acting strange, and he couldn’t blame him. Even Seokjin thought he was acting weird but he couldn’t help it. He needed that shirt. 

“I’m meeting up with Daniel and well, I still have Namjoon’s Alpha scent on me and I don’t want him to smell it or he’ll be upset... so yeah. I wanted to mask it by wearing your shirt but it won’t fit me.” 

“Why would you do that if you are just meeting up with him? He has no right to be upset with you when he knows that an Omegas heat can’t be sated entirely unless it’s done by an Alpha’s knot.” Yoongi stated, and Seokjin agreed with him but he didn’t want to make Daniel angry. He didn’t want to lose the only person who had looked at him for who he truly was, an Omega. 

“B-but—”

“Hyung, I’ll give you my shirt. I always wear oversized clothes anyways so it should fit you but I’m going to be honest with you and don’t take it the wrong way since we just met but I think this Daniel guy is not the right person for you. If you have to hide your scent and do all this extra work just so he won’t be upset with you then it should tell you something is wrong. If he is going to be your partner, your mate, he should be understanding of your actions. Not be angry like a possessive Alpha who treats their Omega like an object.” Yoongi added, getting up from his seat and taking off his shirt. Seokjin felt embarrassed to be scolded by someone else, especially by a younger Omega, that it really hurts his pride.

Taking the garment from Yoongi’s hand, and discarding his shirt by neatly placing it on the side of the table, he put on Yoongi’s shirt, softly mumbling a small thank you.  

To not embarrass himself anymore, he decided it was his cue to go back home, check up on Hoseok and head out for his date. With another small thank you, Seokjin said goodbye to Jimin and Yoongi with the hopes that everything would turn out alright; Not only his date with Daniel, but the argument between Hoseok and Namjoon. 

————

Taehyung felt like he was on cloud nine. The happiness he was feeling was beyond anything he had ever felt before, and for one simple reason—Jungkook was his boyfriend. His boyfriend. 

The word “boyfriend” was an adequate term that shouldn’t make his heart beat with so much happiness, but it was, and he couldn’t help it. Being with Jungkook meant everything to him, not only because it was his first real relationship with another Alpha, but because there was someone out there, another Alpha, who found him attractive and cared about his well-being. He didn’t know what the future had in store for them but Taehyung was positive that they were meant to be. There was a strong feeling in his guts that made him look forward to the many years of happiness he was going to share with Jungkook. 

Taehyung was on his way to meet up with Jungkook in the front entrance of a nearby park, which was only a few blocks away from Jimin’s apartment, before they headed to the aquarium for a date. Jungkook had suggested to him a few days ago that they should replace the memories of their first encounter, their first kiss and their first bond with new ones. Yet, Taehyung didn’t want to replace them: the memories of their first touch or the way their bodies complemented each other. Even though most of the memories that followed weren’t pleasant ones, they were still the start of their story, their relationship, and he didn’t want to ever forget about them. However, the younger Alpha was persistent, and Taehyung eventually gave up and accepted his proposals. 

As he saw the familiar rectangular shape of the silver fence that connected the park with a small water fountain, Taehyung remembered how a few days ago his recently formed relationship with Jungkook almost suffered its first turmoil. And the culprit was none other than his childhood friend Yoongi. Now that everything had been resolved between his boyfriend and Yoongi, Taehyung found the whole situation very comical, but during that moment, he was fuming with anger towards his one and only family member. 

————

“Are you sure you want to hang out in my tiny apartment instead of yours?” Jungkook asked him, as they walked up the stairs to the third floor of his and Jimin’s apartment. It had been two days since Jungkook and he made everything official. Jungkook was his boyfriend and vice versa. It was a reality that Taehyung still hadn’t been able to grasp, but the firm grip of Jungkook’s fingers as they held hands made him realize that it wasn’t a dream. And that everything that happened a few days ago was true. 

“Yeah, your apartment is way better than mine anyways,” Taehyung answered, knowing full well the real reason why he didn’t want Jungkook to go over his apartment, at least not until he resolved one little problem, with the name of Yoongi. 

Taehyung still wasn’t able to sit down and tell his childhood friend that Jungkook and he were in a relationship. First, it was due to their schedules. Taehyung worked on the days Yoongi was free from work or didn't have classes, and Yoongi worked during his free days. Making it impossible to find the right timing to tell him. Second, Taehyung was scared of Yoongi’s reaction. He already knew his friend wasn’t fond of Jungkook after the way the younger Alpha broke his heart. And now that their relationship was established, he hated the idea of Yoongi refusing to accept it. It would break his heart as Yoongi was his closest friend, his family, and his only support system in this world, so instead, he decided to hide the truth, at least until he was ready to face the older Omega.

However, Taehyung didn’t take into consideration that Yoongi could be over Jimin’s apartment since they were a couple. So, when Jungkook opened the apartment door, Taehyung was met with the sweet smell of cotton candy that he knew belonged to Yoongi. 

“Shit!” He cursed himself for forgetting such an important detail. Now, how was Taehyung going to deal with the dramatic outcome that he knew was going to unfold? 

As Jungkook pulled him further inside the apartment, Taehyung thought of ways to avoid this drama, but he knew it was futile as soon as he saw Yoongi. The older Omega turned around as their footsteps came to a stop in front of the small couch. 

“Tae?” Yoongi said to him, raising an eyebrow, and looking at Jungkook and then at him. Taehyung didn’t know how to answer; there wasn’t any logical explanation for what his friend was seeing. Jungkook and he were holding hands and the proximity of their bodies screamed bonding and courting. And If those details weren’t enough, Jimin was sheepishly smiling and squealing in delight as the Omega ran toward them and brought the three of them into a small group hug. 

“Oh my gosh!! I’m so happy for you guys!!!” Jimin shouted, jumping up and down. Taehyung was thankful for his friend’s support, but the sharp sensation in his guts was making the moment that was supposed to be joyful, very tortuous. 

While he was being hugged by Jimin, Yoongi’s gaze never left him and Taehyung felt a chilling sensation throughout his body when the hug came to end. It meant it was time for the show to begin and Taehyung knew he wasn’t prepared for anything. 

“What the Fuck Taehyung?! What the hell is going on!? You told me you were never going to see this asshole ever again!? He treated you like trash and didn’t even give you an explanation for his stupid actions” Yoongi growled, getting up from the couch and walking towards them. Taehyung’s first instinct was to grip Jungkook’s hand tighter, and close his eyes as tightly as possible, ready to face the fury of Yoongi, ready for his childhood friend to scold him. 

Yet, what he didn’t expect to happen next was to be brought into a warm and caring embrace by none other than Yoongi. 

“Dummy! Why didn’t you tell me, I know I can be mean sometimes but as long as you are happy that is all that matters to me. Besides I’ll make sure he treats you well...just like you deserve,” Yoongi softly whispered in his ear, tightening the hug and to say Taehyung was shocked was an understatement. Taehyung was dumbfounded by the words he just heard. First, he wondered how Yoongi found out about his relationship with Jungkook? And second, how was he able to accept the news so well after declaring that Jungkook was an asshole for breaking his heart? Taehyung had a lot of questions going through his mind that he wanted to ask but the only person that came to mind that could potentially be the key to all of this mystery was Jimin, his sweet and caring Omega friend. 

“H-how? W-what?” Taehyung stuttered, breaking the hug and looking at Yoongi and then at Jimin. Seeking an explanation for what was happening. Still, his chest felt less congested by knowing that Yoongi had accepted his relationship with Jungkook, even though he still didn’t know how or when Yoongi found out about them. 

“Jungkook. He told me about your relationship. I made sure to have a serious talk with him first. You know, just to make sure he wasn’t playing with your feelings...but I can see that he’s being sincere… this time.” Yoongi blurted out before Taehyung was able to make a concrete statement. 

Immediately he looked at Jungkook who shyly smiled at him, as if saying “sorry for not telling you”. Then, he looked at Jimin who was grinning like a fool, probably too overjoyed by the news and lastly back at Yoongi who gave him a warm smile as if telling him that everything was going to be alright. 

Taehyung couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed by everything that was happening. The fear of being rejected by Yoongi for making a decision that could potentially break his heart was completely gone; And the happiness of knowing that Jimin, Yoongi and Jungkook care so much about his well-being brought tears to his eyes. 

“Aww, Tae. Don’t cry.” Jimin said, looking worried about him and walking towards Taehyung, giving him a big bear hug. It finally broke the connection he had with Jungkook, as their intertwined hands were finally pulled apart. 

“Not c-crying,” he whined, wiping away the tears that were threatening to come out with the back of his hand. 

“Yeah, yeah. Now, stop being a big crybaby and let’s eat lunch. I’m starving!” Yoongi told him, with a smile on his face. His childhood friend always knew how to make every situation less awkward and Taehyung was thankful for that. 

He should be beaming with happiness instead of just crying out loud for something that already happened. And at the end of the day, he was finally able to announce his relationship with Jungkook to the person who was his only family, and that was all that mattered to him. 

After that encounter, Taehyung regularly went over to Jimin and Jungkook’s apartment during his free days. Sometimes, he would even find Yoongi on the living room couch, working on some assignments, or watching a movie with Jimin and Jungkook. 

Everything felt like a dream, like if his happiness was temporary but he knew it wasn’t. Not after the talk Yoongi had with Jungkook, or the way Jungkook would always remind him how much happiness he brought to the younger Alpha. 

————-

“Did you wait long?” Jungkook’s sweet voice snapped him out of his deep thoughts. Taehyung was still shocked by the whole confrontation between him and Yoongi a few days ago, and although his initial reaction was to be angry at Yoongi, since he basically interrogated his boyfriend for who knows how long, he was more relieved by it. Yoongi’s actions made their whole relationship stronger than before, and although he still had his insecurities about Jungkook’s decision of going out with him, Taehyung had faith that his Alpha would not hurt him again.  

“Nuh-uh, just got here.” 

“Good. I would hate to make you wait for me. Sorry for being a little late. Jimin and Yoongi kept telling me about Namjoon and how he doesn’t answer his phone as well as Hoseok.” Jungkook said to him, a worried expression on his face. 

“Really? Weren't they helping their friend...I forgot his name, Jimmy? Jim? I forget, but anyways, they helped him with his heat. It should be over by now.” Taehyung replied, moving alongside Jungkook who started walking in the direction of where the bus stop was located. Hopefully the wait wouldn’t be that bad, and the bus would arrive on time since he wanted to enjoy his time with his boyfriend as much as possible. Besides, it had been a while since he went on a formal date and with a boyfriend no less. 

“Well, something did happen because Yoongi-Hyung was really worried about Namjoon. And Jiminie, well he’s worried about Hoseok. I think he invited Jinnie, their childhood friend, over to our place to ask him what’s happening.” 

“Jinnie! That’s the name of the person they helped during their heat.” He shouted, startling Jungkook. Taehyung felt bad for scaring the younger Alpha, so he intertwined their fingers together, in an act of comfort and mumbled a quick apology. It was incredible how much power Jungkook had over him, in the sense of maintaining his cool. Taehyung wanted to impress his boyfriend, not make him feel like he was with an oversized kid who couldn’t keep their composure. Although his actions were justifiable because Taehyung was overjoyed with hearing more information about the unknown Omega and made a mental note to remind himself to ask Jimin about Jinnie, the mysterious Omega who was so dear to a lot of his friends. 

“You know Jinnie?” He asked, interested in knowing more information about his potential new friend. Jinnie was an Omega that made Taehyung curious. He wanted to know everything about him for one simple reason—Jinnie was a person whom everyone cared and cherished, making him a good person in his book. 

“N-not really. I have only heard about him from Jimin. He’s the only one who knows him.” 

“Oh, I see...and what did he say about him? Like what’s he like?” 

“Why are you so curious about him? Don’t tell me you are interested in him?” Jungkook teased him, knowing full well Taehyung would never be interested in an Omega, not romantically anyways. 

“W-what?! No! You know that right?!” 

“I know. I know. I’m just teasing.” Jungkook giggled, and Taehyung just softly hit his boyfriend’s firm chest in protest, which caused more giggles out of Jungkook. 

Taehyung was enjoying moments like these, where they just goof off and talk about topics that interested them. 

“Buuut! Jimin did tell me something very interesting about Jinnie.” Jungkook declared, signaling Taehyung to sit down on the bench as they waited for the bus. 

“Oh! What did he say?” 

“Hmm, I don’t know….Should I tell you or not. Hmm, decisions. Decisions.” Jungkook continued to tease, sitting down next to Taehyung. 

“Meanie!” Taehyung puffed his cheeks and crossed his arms in anger. Well, fake anger. It was his way of acting cute and Taehyung knew it always worked since he did it to Yoongi all the time. 

“Yoongi-hyung did warn me about your cute side, so I’m prepared...this time,” Jungkook confessed, smiling ear to ear, his nose scrunching up, and his front teeth showing. It was adorable. Jungkook was adorable and Taehyung wondered how lucky he was to have found someone so cute and handsome to be his boyfriend. 

“Well, since you know, why don’t you tell Tae-Tae what Jiminie said about Jinnie?” He cutely asked, tilting his head sideways and looked at Jungkook with pleading eyes. It worked. It always works. And in seconds, Jungkook melted to his charms. 

“Cute. Sooo adorable!” Jungkook cooed, pinching his cheeks and giving him a kiss on his forehead. 

“You see, Minnie told me that Jinnie is...beautiful. The most beautiful Omega he had ever seen in his life. I thought he was exaggerating but then he showed me a picture of him the other day. One that Hoseok sent to Jimin and well, yeah. Jimin wasn’t joking.” Jungkook added, making Taehyung even more curious. 

“Really?” 

“Yup! When we get back from our date, you could ask Jimin himself. Maybe if we are lucky, Jinnie will still be there when we get back home.” Jungkook told him, and Taehyung just hummed in agreement. He didn’t know what fascinated him so much about Jinnie. Maybe it was because his best friend was an Omega or that he still had this curiosity about the attraction between Omegas and Alphas, even though he knew deep within himself he would never be attractive to one. 

For the next ten minutes, he and Jungkook waited patiently for the bus. Shifting the conversation and talking about other topics such as classes and work, and after another five minutes, they saw the outline of the bus. They were lucky it was still summer and early in the morning, before the heatwave was high and not a lot of people were in the bus, which made the bus ride more comfortable. 

“When was the last time you went to the aquarium?” Taehyung asked Jungkook as they were getting off the bus, walking in the direction where the aquarium was located. Taehyung was buzzing with excitement. It had been a long time since he even went out and enjoyed himself to the fullest. It was always work and school, nothing in between, so a simple date at the aquarium was like a week long trip to Japan for him. 

“Hmm, I think it was last month. When Byul—-sorry.” Jungkook apologized, looking forward but Taehyung could see the sad expression on his face. He noticed how hurt his boyfriend felt by talking about his ex-girlfriend. And after being in a committed relationship with the Omega for almost three years, Taehyung knew it wasn’t easy for the younger Alpha to let go of his emotions. Taehyung had to admit, it made him jealous. Jealous of Byul for still holding a special place in Jungkook’s heart but he knew it wasn’t fair to Jungkook. The younger Alpha had expressed himself clearly that he made the decision to break up with her and not the other way around. For the sake of his sexuality and loving himself. Yet, Taehyung was determined to make sure Jungkook would never regret going out with him. Even if he had to sacrifice his feelings of jealousy just to make sure Jungkook was happy. 

“It’s okay. Forget about it. Let’s enjoy our time together, okay?” He answered, holding hands with the younger and walking to the entrance of the building where Jungkook insisted on paying for his ticket, even though he wanted to pay for both of them. And after many more disagreements, Taehyung gave up and decided to pay for their lunch instead. 

———————-

Maybe it was because it had been a long time since he went on a date or that Jungkook and he were so compatible that his date with Jungkook was going beyond his expectations. His boyfriend was so adorable and funny. Always made sure Taehyung was having a good time, and giving excessive but exciting facts about all the different animals in the aquarium. Everything was going so well and he thought it was going to be a good day… That was until lunchtime, where Taehyung wanted to beat the shit out of a couple of Alphas that were sitting at the table next to them. 

[WARNING HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS]

After leaving the aquarium, they went to find a place to eat nearby before heading back home. Jungkook suggested eating at a restaurant that sold different types of meats—-lambs, beef, chicken, etc. He thought it was going to be the perfect way to end their perfect date but after the waiter took their order and were waiting for their meals, certain words caught Taehyung’s attention. 

“Eww, look at them.” 

“Don’t they have any shame coming to public places when they are like that. They are even holding hands. Disgusting!” 

“I know right! What a waste, especially the one with the long black hair.” 

“I wish the Alpha law was still in place, so we don’t have to see this type of shit in public.” 

“Same, it makes me sick to my stomach,” Taehyung heard, followed by a gagging sound. He knew what was happening, he knew that the people in the table next to them were being prejudiced, only because they were an Alpha couple. It made his blood boil with anger and he gripped the edge of the table tightly, catching the attention of Jungkook who was patiently waiting for their food.

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook asked him, a worried expression plastered on his face, since Taehyung was releasing pheromones of anger. 

“Them! They are talking about us. About our relationship.” He bitterly stated, staring at the table next to them, only to be met with a pair of Alphas—One female and one male to be more precise. 

“What are you looking at, freak! Go back on your little date with your wittle Alpha.” The female Alpha said, glaring at Jungkook and him. 

“Yeah, maybe you’ll get a good fuck like the Omega bitch you are...oops! Sorry, I forgot I was talking to an Alpha,” the male Alpha added, mocking them, humiliating them for being themselves, for being in love. 

“How dare you talk like that to my boyfriend!” Jungkook growled, getting up from the table and walking to the table next to them. Taehyung could see the fury in Jungkook’s eyes, the younger Alpha releasing waves of pheromones of anger into the air that sent a chilling sensation down Taehyung’s spine.  

“Boyfriend?! That thing over there? This shit is funny. I can’t believe that an Alpha like yourself would waste your time with someone so weak. He’s such a useless excuse for an Alpha. You could do much better. Any Omega is fine, but not this thing. That useless thing over there can’t even provide you with a pup.” The male Alpha replied back, his words piercing right through his heart. Why were others so judgmental about sexuality? Why couldn’t others just leave him and Jungkook alone and let them live their lives in peace? Why was liking someone from the same sub-gender so bad, especially if you were an Alpha? Taehyung was tired of people telling him how to live his life when all he wanted to do was be happy, with the one he loved. 

Before Taehyung could analyze what was happening, Jungkook launched himself forward, taking the male Alpha down with him. A series of shouts and screams were heard and when his brain finally evaluated the situation Jungkook was already on his feet, the other Alpha almost unconscious on the floor. 

“I feel sorry for anyone who ever decides to go out with you or become your mate. They are not worthy of having someone so ignorant and discriminatory as their partner.” Jungkook spat out, walking towards him and grabbing him by the arm and guiding Taehyung out of the restaurant.

“So much for a nice lunch date,” he whispered to himself, but he was proud of Jungkook. Happy that the younger cared so much about their relationship to defend them from others. It was a cruel and scary world that he always feared but now that he was with Jungkook, Taehyung knew he was safe and nothing bad would ever happen to him. 

Their ride back home was quiet. Neither of them said a word, but it wasn’t awkward. It was more like both of them were processing the events that happened at the restaurant. It wasn’t the first time for Taehyung to be treated with so much hate in public, with his fair amount of failed relationships with others Alphas in the past, he had one or two experiences, but for Jungkook, it was probably the first time. Taehyung knew ignorant people would always be ignorant no matter how much they tried to change their mindset, but it still hurts—the words, the stares of disgust, and the actions of people.

Therefore, to respect Jungkook’s own space, he immersed himself in his deep thoughts until they were in front of Jimin’s front door, when the clinking sound of the door opening snapped him out of his thoughts. 

“We’re here?” He softly asked, confused about his surroundings, but Jungkook just took his hand and led him inside until they reached the living room where Jimin stood holding a small blanket. 

“Oh you guys are back! You guys just missed Jin—Oh my gosh!! Kookie what happened to your face!?” Jimin shouted, discarding the blanket as they entered the living room. Taehyung saw how Jimin ran to Jungkook inspecting every inch of the younger’s face, making sure he wasn’t hurt. He hadn’t realized that Jungkook had a bruise on his cheekbone, and a busted lip, sending a painful throb to his heart. 

“Just some assholes,” Jungkook shrugged, letting go of his hand and sitting next to Yoongi who was looking at the scene in front of him in shock. 

“Just some assholes?!” He shouted, getting the attention of everyone in the room. 

“Yeah, some assholes. Now, let it go.” 

“No! I’m not letting it go. It wasn’t just some assholes trying to pick a fight. It was two Alphas trying to pick a fight because they saw that we were an Alpha couple. They were mocking us! Calling us so many nasty names and he hurt you…” 

“But he had it worse. That’s what he gets for calling us names.” Jungkook growled, looking forward, at the television show that was playing. Taehyung knew Jungkook was right, but he still felt horrible for being the cause of the dispute. If they weren’t both Alpha, if one of them was an Omega or even a Beta, nothing would have ever happened. 

“I agree with Jungkook.” Yoongi said, gripping Jungkook’s shoulder as if saying thank you, for protecting him, for being there for his childhood friend. Yoongi had always been the one who was there for him whenever Taehyung would have to face people like those two Alphas, and was the one who always protected him and he knew Yoongi was probably worried about them. 

“Me too! Tae, people like that don’t deserve any rights. They are disgusting and narrow-minded people who only care about themselves. They think they are right only because their sexual preference is the norm.” Jimin added, looking at him with sadness in his eyes. When he looked around the room, Taehyung imagined how much different their lives would be like if the four of them didn’t like the same sub-gender. Jimin wouldn’t be with Yoongi but with an Alpha and Jungkook wouldn’t be with him but probably with Byul. And the reality of being different from the rest of the world made him sad, a painful sadness knowing that he wasn’t “normal” like those two Alphas. 

“Tae...don’t cry!” Jimin said, as he wiped away the tears that were falling down his cheeks. He hated himself for being so sensitive about everything, but he couldn’t help it. Taehyung knew being an Alpha meant showing dominance and leadership but what was wrong with being sensitive and showing sadness? What was wrong with Omegas taking control and being the breadwinners of the relationship? Why was society so obsessed with establishing so many rules that didn’t make sense? When in this world, everyone deserves to be themselves as long as they are happy. 

Taehyung felt a sadness so deep in his heart, he despised seeing his boyfriend hurt by a bastard that they would never see again, even if the person deserved it. In some ways, he blamed himself for bringing Jungkook into “a world of perverts” as his father called it the night he was kicked out of his home. 

Suddenly, Taehyung felt the firm hands, which he immediately recognized as Jungkook’s, wrapping him up into a tight hug. The air was filled with Taehyung’s distressed pheromones, which caused Jimin to release pheromones of distress Omega, making the atmosphere unbearably painful.  

An Omega in pain was a sight many hated to see, and for it to happen while an Alpha was feeling the same way, it was a sensation that was unbearable to the observer. 

Taehyung let himself be engulfed in the hug, Jungkook nuzzling on his scent glands while emitting calming pheromones into the air. 

“T-Tae…” Jimin whimpered, feeling the sadness coming from the Omega that it broke Taehyung’s heart. Without the need to look up, and his face still buried on Jungkook’s neck, Taehyung knew Yoongi was right by Jimin’s side trying to calm his emotions. He also knew Yoongi would do the same for him, if Jungkook wasn’t present. Taehyung and Yoongi have created a bond so deep between them that they knew each other’s emotions, their own little pack of two as he called it, just by being there for each other all these past years and now, their pack of two have grown into to a pack of four and he couldn’t be any happier. 

Taehyung focused on Jungkook’s calming scent of lemongrass, trying to bring his distress down and it worked. 

“Tae?” Jimin’s soft voice made him look up, seeing the warmth feeling radiating from the Omega's eyes.

“Come,” he signaled Jimin who was still clinging onto Yoongi. Taehyung wanted to bond with Jimin, he could feel it in his heart that the four of them were meant to be together, as a pack, as a family. 

Therefore, when Jimin joined the hug he had formed with Jungkook, he immediately proceeded to scent Jimin, an act that he wanted to get used to and it brought joy to his heart. After their bond had settled, Jungkook proceeded to bond with Jimin, an action that he knew was common between the childhood friends, and Taehyung felt overjoyed. Instantly, Taehyung looked for Yoongi, knowing the Omega would probably be too shy to approach them, but to his surprise, Yoongi launched himself at Taehyung, burying his face on his scent gland, inhaling the familiar smell of Pine trees that Yoongi found relaxing. 

Everything was happening so naturally, that after coming back from his date, bonding as a pack was the last thing Taehyung expected to happen. For him to form a bond with Jimin was never in his mind nor did he imagined having a pack bonding. He had heard of different packs bonding together and creating a connection with each other by the feeling they all shared, be it platonic or romantic, but Taehyung thought it was all a legend. However, when he saw that his Yoongi, his childhood friend who rarely formed any type of bond with anyone aside from himself and Jimin, reaching out for Jungkook and both proceeding to scent each other, emitting a calming sensation into the air, Taehyung knew it was happening. 

“Oh my goodness!!! Did you all feel that! I think we all just bonded together...as a pack!” Jimin squealed with excitement, bringing all the attention back to the younger Omega. Taehyung couldn’t contain his feelings of happiness anymore and he grinned widely at Jimin and nodded his head in agreement. 

“I think we did. I felt it when Yoongi bonded with Jungkook,” he added, looking at Yoongi who was a blushing mess. 

“Same,” Jungkook confessed, a shy smile plastered on his face. 

“So what does this mean? Like do we all have to live together? You know, like in a pack house?” Jimin asked, and Taehyung wasn’t sure, but he knew one thing, that the bond between the four of them was unbreakable. 

Notes:

I know a lot happen in this chapter (but at the same time not lol) but let me know your thoughts.

I always get comments about how Taekook is going to meet Jin and I left a hint on Twitter last night. Plus, the pack bonding is another hint. I know it will only leave everyone guessing for more answers but I promise everything will make sense later on.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I look forward to reading your comments.

My Twitter: Kumasama92 AND my curiouscat: Kumasama92 (for anyone who feels too shy to comment 😉)

Chapter 14: Hidden Truths

Summary:

”Hey Jimin, can I ask you something?” He interrupted his friend’s unrelenting attempt to convince Yoongi of making their packhouse a reality.

“Huh? Oh sure, what is it, Tae?”

“Umm, can you tell me more about Jinnie?” He shyly asked, feeling embarrassed by his question.

Notes:

I am super happy to finally update this story. I feel like it’s been long overdue but I finally got it done! :)

I hope everyone enjoys it.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung never expected to see his best friend bonding with Jungkook, nor had he anticipated sharing a bonding experience with Jimin. It was an act that he considered very intimate and sacred. He had heard of pack bonding before from his father, but he thought it was a myth, a fairytale. Yet, what he just witnessed a few seconds ago wasn’t a dream, or a fairytale, it was reality. Maybe the actions that transpired a few seconds ago were a sign that Jimin and Jungkook were going to be part of his family from now on? It would make sense, since Yoongi was so attached to Jimin and he was head over heels for Jungkook. 

“So… Now that we bonded, what happens?” Jimin asked, his eyes sparkling with excitement. But Taehyung didn’t know how to answer the Omega's question. Living together would be an interesting experience, but he knew it wasn’t that easy. First, to live in a packhouse, as the government called it, they needed to apply for a residence large enough for more than four people, but a minimum of seven members needed to be part of the pack to qualify, and they were only four. Second, there had to be at least one mated pair in the group, or the government would see the pack as unproductive since there would not be any way for their bloodline to expand. And the truth was that they were both a same-sex couple—- it would be impossible to apply. 

Everything would be favorable if they had other people in their lives who wanted to be part of their pack, but bonding with others was not easy, nor was trusting them. 

“You know it’s not that simple... For all of us to live together. Let’s forget about it. We just bonded and you want us to be together all the time. Well, we kinda are, since Tae and I spend most of our free days here,” Yoongi intervened, walking back to the couch, probably too embarrassed by his actions from earlier, but also not wanting to get his hopes up. Being a pack meant they all had to rely on each other, emotionally and financially, which indicated that each member had a vital role in the group. However, they were all college students, working on side jobs just to get by and the idea of a packhouse was just a dream, too far away from their reach.

“B-but Yooonie! We can try! I don’t want our bond to fade away,” Jimin whined, sitting next to Yoongi who welcomed the Omega with open arms. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook’s hand and guided him to the same small couch, that was too small for four people, but somehow, they squeezed themselves into the soft cushions of the sofa.

“I don’t think our bond will break that easily, Minnie,” Jungkook spoke as the Alpha played with Taehyung’s hair. Taehyung loved the feeling of his boyfriend’s fingers on him; it made him feel cherished and protected. He just relaxed into the touch and listened to the conversation, ready to chip in when he fitted necessary.

“You think?” 

“Of course, creating a bond is not easy. We have to trust each other and have a special relationship, be it platonic or romantic, for it to happen. Why would the Moon Goddess make it so difficult for us to bond, only for the bond to easily break? It wouldn’t make sense, would it?” 

“I guess that’s true, but I really like the idea of us living together.” 

“Me too,” Taehyung finally said, looking at Jimin with confidence in his eyes. Maybe one day, they could make their dream come true. If they were meant to be together, as a pack, the Moon Goddess would definitely make it happen. 

“See, I’m not the only one. Yoooongiii! Please. Make it happen, for me?” Jimin begged, moving Yoongi’s body side to side like a child asking their parents for a new toy. In some ways, Taehyung also wanted to ask his boyfriend to make it happen, but he knew it was a difficult task to accomplish.

“We could even get Jinnie and Hoseok? Pleeeaaassse!?” Jimin added, and Taehyung perked up by the name he just heard and was so curious about earlier today. Then, he remembered that he wanted to ask Jimin about the mysterious Omega, Jinnie, whom his boyfriend claimed was so gorgeous, and out of this world. 

“Hey Jimin, can I ask you something?” He interrupted his friend’s unrelenting attempt to convince Yoongi of making their packhouse a reality.

“Huh? Oh sure, what is it, Tae?”

“Umm, can you tell me more about Jinnie?” He shyly asked, feeling embarrassed by his question. Jimin looked at him with a puzzled expression and he understood why. Taehyung probably looked foreign to him for taking an interest in someone who wasn’t an Alpha, but he couldn’t help it. There was something about Jinnie that made him seek out more details about the Omega. Maybe Taehyung was going crazy. Maybe he was still trying to figure out why he couldn’t be attracted to the opposite sub-gender. Or maybe he was just simply curious, he wasn’t sure. 

“Ohh, Jinnie?” Jimin smirked, looking at Taehyung and then at Jungkook. And he realized why his friend was behaving oddly by the words he just uttered. Jimin was curious about his unexpected interest in Jinnie but decided to ignore it, for now. 

“W-What??” 

“Oh nothing. Nothing at all,” Jimin sheepishly smiled, nudging at Yoongi, who gave him a smirk too. What was wrong with him asking about Jinnie, who just happened to be an Omega? It wasn’t like he was going to go after Jinnie anyways, he had Jungkook and the Alpha was all Taehyung needed in his life.

“Are you going to tell me or not?”

“Yeah, yeah. Well, you see, Jinnie is an Omega.” Jimin stated details about the Omega that was obvious. 

“I know.” 

“And he’s gorgeous,” Jimin added.

“I know that too.” 

“How?”

“Jungkook told me,” Taehyung pointed at his boyfriend, who only nodded his head in agreement. 

“Ohh… So you guys talked about Jinnie before?” Jimin rephrased, looking at Yoongi for some strange reason.

He hoped that Jimin wasn’t assuming that Jungkook would leave him for the Omega because they talked about him. Or that they both had an interest in Jinnie, which would be impossible. After all, an Alpha who was only sexually attracted to other Alphas and an Alpha who liked both sub-genders lusting over an Omega that they didn’t even know, sounded outrageous. 

“Yeah, he told me that you showed him a picture of Jinnie, and he looked gorgeous... Out of this world!” He emphasized, trying to focus on his task—getting Jimin to show him a picture of Jinnie. 

“But the picture Jimin has on his phone is nothing compared to the real one. Tae, he’s fucking gorgeous, so beautiful that I was left speechless. My knees felt like jello and I’m sorry Jimin, but if he asked me out I would dump you in an instant. Argh! I felt so nervous the whole time he was here, just looking at him with those plump lips that could compete with Jimin’s and his voice—so sweet and gentle. And to top it all, he’s super friendly and honest which I love,” Yoongi stated, looking railed up by the words leaving his mouth.

Taehyung didn’t understand the concept of beauty, yeah he was told he was handsome and he knew his friends and boyfriend were handsome too but to be led by beauty or at least be defined by it was something unknown to him. Jinnie couldn’t possibly be as gorgeous as his friends stated; if so, Taehyung knew, the Omega would be famous by now. Besides, he knew beauty was in the eye of the beholder, so maybe the Omega couple were exaggerating? 

“It’s okay, Yoonie. I would dump you for Jinnie too, and I won’t even feel any regret. Too bad he’s straight and has a boyfriend, even though I don’t like him. He’s so traditional and possessive,” Jimin chuckled, but his expression said otherwise to Taehyung; his friend looked worried as if wanting to seek out the truth about something troubling him.

“I agree, I don’t like him either. What does he see in him, anyway? It’s evident that Jinnie doesn’t trust him... if so, he wouldn’t have asked for our shirts.”

“Your shirts?” Jungkook repeated, and Taehyung was confused too. First, what did their shirts have to do with Jinnie’s boyfriend being possessive? And second, he hoped the Alpha wasn’t as narrow-minded as his parents. If so, he felt terrible for the Omega.

“Yeah, you see, Jinnie asked for our shirts because he wanted to mask Namjoon’s Alpha scent before he went to see his boyfriend. He didn’t want Daniel to smell another Alpha on him, cause he still smells like a bred Omega, so he took Yoonie’s shirt to conceal it completely. I hope it works,” Jimin confessed, and Taehyung needed to take a moment to process everything his friend just said.

Taehyung sat up straight, leaving the warm feeling of Jungkook’s body and looked at Jimin with widened eyes. Another Alpha? Namjoon’s Alpha scent? Bred Omega? Masked smells? What the hell did he just hear?! Taehyung was puzzled by everything that he just learned. What the hell was happening? Wasn’t Namjoon a Beta? Since when was the older male an Alpha?

“W-wait a minute?! Isn’t Namjoon-hyung a Beta?” Jungkook asked, saying the exact words he was thinking. And then, Taehyung thought about what Jungkook had told him earlier, that Namjoon was acting strange, and so was Hoseok, and he wished his friend was alright, and the bad feelings in his gut were just him overthinking everything. 

“Er...you see, something happened...during Jinnie’s heat,” Yoongi declared, confirming the feelings of uneasiness he was having. Why was the Moon Goddess so cruel to the people he cared about the most? When were his friends going to have a peaceful moment where it was all happiness and excitement? And not deal with only problems and hardships? Just a few seconds ago, he was overjoyed with the new bond he created with Jimin and Jungkook with Yoongi, but now everything was crashing down. As if he was directly involved in the incident Jimin was going to talk about. He may not know fully well what happened during Jinnie’s heat but he had an idea and Taehyung wished it wasn’t true; he hoped that the newly presented Alpha didn’t scar Hoseok and Jinnie for life. 

“What happened?” Jungkook questioned, reaching for his hand, intertwining their fingers together tightly. Taehyung had a feeling Jungkook had an idea of what could have occurred; they were both Alphas after all. They both knew how agonizing it was to present, and the desire to satisfy one's inner pain by relieving their inward desires.

“Namjoon presented as an Alpha due to Jinnie’s heat and mated with Hoseok,” Jimin told them, making Taehyung let out a loud gasp in surprise. Everything the Omega said to them sounded surreal, as if it was a joke or a made up story. 

“W-wait...This is not a joke, right? How is that possible? There is no way to suddenly present as an Alpha out of nowhere. By the time we are adults, surely everyone should know their sub-gender?” He questioned, looking between Jimin and Yoongi, seeking an answer. 

“I don’t know, but it’s what happened, and the reason I wanted to ask you both if you could go with me to visit Namjoon. We only know what happened based on what Jinnie told us, but I’m sure there’s more to it than we know. If we talk with Namjoon, he can tell us what went on. Remember, there are three points of view in this story, and we only know one. Maybe if we talk with Namjoon and Jimin talks with Hoseok with the help of Jinnie, we can help them patch things up. Right now, they are not talking to each other, and since they are bonded together, their wolves are going to have a difficult time adjusting to their bond, making it very painful. And we don’t want that to happen to them,” Yoongi stated, nervously playing with his hair, and looking at Taehyung with an expression he knew very well—-a look of worry and fear. Taehyung was thankful that Yoongi wanted him and Jungkook to go visit Namjoon because as much as he wanted to believe the newly presented Alpha wasn’t going to be dangerous, deep inside of him, Taehyung knew it wasn’t safe for an unmated Omega to visit an Alpha even if that Alpha was already mated. 

“I don’t mind going with you. I think it will be a good idea for Namjoon to talk with another Alpha...and it’ll be less dangerous,” he admitted, seeing the pain expression on Yoongi’s face. As much as Yoongi wanted to believe that his friend wasn’t going to act differently or hurt him, Taehyung knew Alpha pheromones were unstable after presenting. Therefore, he believed that his friend was in danger if he went by himself, and it would be foolish of him to let that happen. 

“I agree with Taehyung, I think it will be best if the three of us went. A newly presented Alpha can be unpredictable, especially if he mated with someone. Just a lot of hormonal changes that maybe we can help him control...Since we are both Alphas,” Jungkook added, and Taehyung agreed. 

“Great! I’m so relieved! Knowing that you are both going with Yoonie. Now, we just need to get Namjoonie to agree to meet up with you guys.” 

“I agree...let me text him right now. Hopefully he'll answer back.” Yoongi added, taking out his phone and writing a quick message to Namjoon, with the hopes of getting a reply back. 

As Taehyung watched his friends emerge themselves in the context of the text message, he thought of his own Alpha presentation and how it changed him. It wasn’t easy to admit to himself that he was gay, let alone confess it to his parents, but Taehyung was happy with his current lifestyle. He had an amazing boyfriend who he loved with all his heart and best friends who he could depend on…And that was all he ever needed in his life. 

—————

It was two days later that Yoongi received a reply back from Namjoon. They were having dinner at Jimin and Jungkook’s apartment when the Alpha finally agreed to meet them. Sighs of relief were heard throughout the room as they all realized that their friend wanted to talk about the situation. It was a good sign that the broken bonds between Hoseok and Namjoon could be repaired.

Taehyung was starting to get worried about never seeing their friend ever again, let alone talk with him during this painful moment in his life, caused by the forced bond with Hoseok which they knew only grew deeper by the day. However, seeing that message of acknowledgment, they were all very relieved that their friend had finally replied back and had agreed to meet up with them tomorrow morning.

Taehyung was surprised that Namjoon had accepted the idea of Jungkook and him to be present during his conversation with Yoongi. He thought their presence was going to make the newly presented Alpha uncomfortable and tense, but he was delighted to learn it was the opposite. Now, he needed to prepare himself for a conversation that Taehyung knew was going to be difficult to grasp, as the idea of mating with an Omega was foreign to him, but at the same time, he wanted to be there for his friend.

After dinner they all decided that it was better for Taehyung and Yoongi to sleep over at their boyfriends’ apartment to facilitate the travel time to Namjoon’s apartment in the morning. It was the most logical thing to do, plus, none of them were complaining about being together with their significant other. Telling each other goodnight, each pair went to their room, happy that tomorrow morning they were going to learn Namjoon’s side of the story.

“Do you think Namjoon is going to listen to us?” Jungkook spoke up as they were both snuggled up together under the warm blankets. Taehyung had his head resting on Jungkook’s firm chest and his hand was wrapped around his boyfriend’s waist, pulling them together even closer. After they started going out, Taehyung found out that he had a fascination for cuddling. Yeah, he had always been a person who liked to show his love for others through physical actions, but cuddling with Yoongi, his best friend, was different from cuddling with Jungkook, his lovely boyfriend; their cuddling signified the love and devotion they had for one another, which made him feel safe. 

“Hmm, not sure...it could go either way.” He yawned feeling the tiredness of the day overtaking his body.  

“Mm,” was all he heard as he fell into a deep slumber, with Jungkook drawing circles on his back, making Taehyung feel relaxed and secure. Taehyung wasn’t sure what the next day was going to bring but he knew he had nothing to worry about if he had Jungkook by his side. 

Morning arrived in a blink of an eye and now, the three of them were minutes away from Namjoon’s apartment. There was an evident moment of silence between them as they were all probably worried and nervous about the conversation that was minutes away from happening. Yet, Taehyung was more concerned about Namjoon rejecting their entrance. Even though their friend had accepted their visit, it was one thing to agree over a text message and another to feel the pheromones of another Alpha in person, especially after presenting. Nevertheless, he had hoped that it wasn’t the case, because from what Namjoon had demonstrated to him the few times they had interacted with each other was that he was strong-minded and had a good sense of his emotions. 

“Stay behind me and don’t make any sudden movements. Let Namjoon invite you inside. We don't want three Alphas' pheromones colliding with each other…… Thinking about it, that will be a disaster,” Yoongi explained, shaking his head in disbelief as they were in front of Namjoon’s apartment door. Taehyung agreed with his friend; they didn’t know how Namjoon was going to act once he saw them. With Yoongi being an Omega as stereotypical as it sounded, he had an advantage, but he and Jungkook would be a challenge. Their Alpha instinct always screamed at them to demonstrate their dominance in front of other Alphas, except for those who were part of the pack or were close enough to know they wouldn't challenge them. It was a difficult situation for them, but he knew the Moon Goddess was on their side.

Ringing the doorbell, they prepared themselves for the door to open, but it never happened. It wasn’t until the third time that Taehyung heard the door unlocked and slightly opening. 

“Control your wolves and don’t forget to stay behind me,” Yoongi quickly reminded them, as Namjoon came to their view. To their surprise, Namjoon looked like he was going through hundreds of crises, he probably was, but the state his friend was in, made Taehyung feel only pity and sadness. How could someone he considered so strong-minded, look so heartbroken and vulnerable? Namjoon’s appearance was cranky like he had not slept in weeks—red puffy-eyed, dark circles, and a lot of facial hair from the lack of grooming. His friend was a mess. A sad-looking mess. 

Taehyung wondered if the reason behind Namjoon’s appearance was due to the bond he had created with Hoseok. Was this the consequences of being away from your mate? If it was such a cruel fate, he wondered why others would want to go through it. Was the bond between an Omega and Alpha so vital that so much pain and suffering had to be endured? It was an idea he would never comprehend. 

“We will,” Jungkook and he said in unison, feeling the pull of energy caused by the pheromones in the air. 

“Oh it’s you guys. Come in, sorry for taking so long to answer…” Namjoon admitted, opening the door wider, so they can step inside. Like they had planned, Yoongi went inside first, followed by Jungkook and he. The atmosphere felt tense, an awkwardness could be sensed in the air, but neither said a word. 

As they walked further inside, he saw the state of the apartment. It was in chaos—-clothes all over the floor, containers of empty food, dirty dishes, and an awful smell of musk and spoiled food. It was a nasty sight to witness and if the situation were different, he wouldn’t have stepped inside such a dirty place but they all needed to talk and Taehyung knew the only reason the apartment was in such a state was due to Namjoon’s condition and the events that took place.  

A loud growled echoing in the living room snapped him out of his thoughts, and as he took a look around the room, he realized it was Namjoon looking at them, precisely Jungkook and him, while his eyes were flashing red, a clear indication that their presence threatened his wolf. Taehyung felt a grip on his wrist—it was Yoongi creating a shield in front of them and making sure they didn’t act on instinct, and instead focused on calming their friend in front of them.

“Sorry...it’s been a while, so my wolf doesn’t recognize your scents.” Namjoon exclaimed, looking defeated and tired, releasing distressed pheromones in the air. 

“It’s been a while? What do you mean?” Yoongi questioned, never letting go of their grasp, as Jungkook and he stayed quiet. It was the only way to not escalate the situation; it was their way of protecting Yoongi from being hurt in a room full of Alphas. 

“Come, sit. I promise to explain everything. Plus, I’m sure you all have many questions to ask me.” 

“True, It’s the reason we are here...and we wanted to see how you are feeling.” Yoongi added, guiding them to the couch. 

Jungkook, Yoongi, and he sat on the sofa while Namjoon, being aware of the situation and danger that his wolf represented, sat on the opposite side, on a recliner, ready to talk about everything that had happened during Jinnie’s heat and much more. 

Regardless of their efforts, the room became silent, only the sound of the neighbors mowing their lawn could be heard, and now that Taehyung thought about it, all this time, the Alpha pheromones that Namjoon expelled into the air didn’t agitate his wolf at all. It was weird, usually at the sight of an unfamiliar wolf, the Alpha inside of him would have some kind of defensive mechanism, but being in the presence of Namjoon and the scent of distressed Alpha that was radiating in the air only made Taehyung feel sadness in his heart. And he wondered why. Maybe because Namjoon was his friend? But Taehyung knew their wolves weren’t that easy to please—it was more about instinct and bonding. 

“S-sorry about the mess...I-I...it’s been difficult to cope with everything,” Namjoon broke the silence, bringing his hand to his nape, awkwardly smiling, and avoiding any eye contact. 

“It’s okay...How are you feeling?” Taehyung asked, feeling nervous about his voice being interpreted by Namjoon’s wolf in a threatening manner. He didn’t want to trigger Namjoon’s inner wolf into defense mode, even if it was with a simple question. 

“I had... Better days, I guess.” 

“I bet. This place is a mess. Have you been eating regularly?” 

“Some days I do and others… Well, you can guess what my lifestyle has been recently,” Namjoon answered, a tint of red on his cheeks, probably feeling embarrassed by the condition of his apartment and himself. 

“Anyways, can you tell us why you suddenly presented as an Alpha? I’m sure we all want to know,” Yoongi boldly asked, shifting the conversation, and he envied his friend for that trait in his personality. For as long as Taehyung could remember, Yoongi was an honest person, always asking the difficult questions and getting straight to the point. It was a part of his personality that Taehyung loved and now, during these difficult times, he appreciated it even more. It was hard to ask Namjoon such a personal question, let alone ask for an explanation. 

“Straightforward as always,” Namjoon stated, a small smile plastered on his face. 

“Like it should be! Now, are you going to tell us or not?” 

“Fine, fine. Don’t get impatient, Yoongi, you know I can never hide the truth from you guys. Although I have a feeling after knowing the truth you’ll hate me even more.”

“We-we don’t hate you… We’re just worried.” He heard Jungkook’s trembling voice echoing in the conversation. It was true, there weren't any feelings of hate when they thought of Namjoon at least not for Taehyung. They knew something must have happened for their friend to act like he did, although that didn’t excuse him from mating with Hoseok without his consent. 

“Whatever. Tell me that after you hear my story,” Namjoon blurted, shifting in his seat anxiously. Taehyung tried to prepare himself for the truth, as he knew it wasn’t going to be easy to hear about the painful memories of his friend, nor the reason why he caused so much distress to Hoseok and Jinnie. 

“You see...I didn’t suddenly present as an Alpha...I have always been one; I just hide it with scent neutralizers and by taking Alpha neutralization pills...” 

And to say Taehyung was shocked was an understatement, he was beyond dumbfounded and confused. Namjoon was never a Beta, to begin with, and had them all fooled by masking his scent? Everything Taehyung heard made him feel as if they were in a movie and what Namjoon was saying was part of his script. 

“W-what the hell?!” Yoongi shouted, probably as shocked as him, but his friend was more vocal about it. Taehyung just looked around, and noticed the state of shock around the room. Jungkook was speechless, his eyes were wide open, and his mouth slightly parted. As for Yoongi, he was the least immobilized of the four of them. His friend kept cursing underneath his breath and muttering incoherent things that were probably a mix of disbelief and frustration.

Taehyung on the other hand just stared at Namjoon, analyzing his every movement. He wanted to know what led his friend to hide such an important part of his existence? Being an Alpha was not easy, but it did facilitate some aspects of their lives, such as getting jobs and housing. It pained him to know that just by being an Alpha, they had so much advantage in the world, but Taehyung also knew that by using that privilege, he could be an advocate for his Omega friends. It was the minimum he could do for taking advantage of his privileges. However, Namjoon was different, and he knew his friend had a deeper meaning behind his actions by hiding his true sub-gender.

“Do Hoseok and Jinnie know that you’re...You know, an Alpha?” Taehyung nervously asked, not knowing if he was crossing the line with his question. 

“Are you dumb or what?! Of course they don’t know. Do you think Seokjin would have been so shocked about Hoseok and Namjoon mating? Or that Namjoon was an Alpha if they had known the truth?” Yoongi growled back, releasing pheromones of anger. In some ways, Taehyung wondered if Yoongi was angry at Namjoon for hiding such an essential part of himself or if his friend felt scared that now that Namjoon was an Alpha, he would betray him like all of his past project partners. Taehyung wasn’t sure but he knew at the bottom of his heart that Namjoon wasn’t like that, that their friend was friendly and caring, not selfish and egoistic. 

“Yoongi is right. They don’t know...I never told them.” 

“But why?”

“For various reasons. The main one being Hoseok. You see, ever since we were young, Seokjin attracted a lot of attention for his beautiful features but also by his physical appearance. He’s very broad, very Alpha-like, for the lack of a better word, but at the end of the day, he’s an Omega, and as much as I respect him and see him as my equal, fighting against an Alpha was not possible for him. Hoseok, on the other hand, has always been overprotective of Jinnie. But...Because a lot of Alphas bothered Seokjin growing up, he had come to despise them. So when I presented as an Alpha, I was devastated. If Hoseok hated Alphas, then that would mean he would hate me too once he realized I was also an Alpha, and that was the last thing I wanted to happen. I love them so much…I love Hoseok so much that the only solution I found was to conceal my inner wolf and become the docile and neutral Beta friend that you all know...”  

“That’s fucking insane! Why would you go through so much pain just to conceal your Alpha side? Do you know how risky that was? You could have died or permanently damaged your body! Taking medicine and neglecting yourself? Shit! Namjoon! Are you fucking crazy!?” Yoongi shouted, his voice trembling in pain and tears streaming down his cheeks. 

Taehyung understood his friend's anger. What Namjoon had done was very dangerous for various reasons. First, his Alpha had been suppressed for years which was unhealthy. And second, his friend was taking medicine that could potentially damage his body, essentially ceasing his ability to reproduce any offspring, which made Taehyung furious by the idiotic way Namjoon had behaved. And all for the sake of a friendship? It was ridiculous. Besides, if Hoseok really valued their friendship, he would accept Namjoon for who he truly was, an Alpha. 

“I know… I know perfectly well what I was doing to myself. You don’t have to remind me again… I’m not proud of it but I had no other choice. I was scared, afraid of losing the only two people I care about the most in this world. Yet lately it has been difficult to control my Alpha side with the medicine, and then Jinnie went into heat and everything went downhill from there.” 

“But there’s one thing I don’t get, if you were hiding your Alpha with your medicine, how come you went into rut?” Jungkook asked, looking at Namjoon with a serious expression. Taehyung also wanted to know the other truth about Jinnie’s heat. It could answer a lot of unresolved questions which could potentially help mend the bond between Hoseok and Namjoon. 

“Like I mentioned before, my suppressant pills are beginning to get rejected by my body. My doctor told me it would be best to stop taking them but I didn’t listen to him. And continued to take them like an idiot, which caused the unexpected rut. What I didn’t have in mind was for Seokjin to also go into heat at the same time, or for Hoseok to go into a forced heat due to my rut… Shit, everything's a mess because of me and now, Hoseok hates me as well as Seokjin. They will never forgive me for this… Never!” Namjoon voiced out, his eyes becoming moist as he tried to control his emotions. Taehyung just sat in terror as he listened to his friend. Everything he was hearing sounded like it was out of a horror film but it wasn’t. It was the sad reality of his friends, and there was nothing he could do except for listening to the words coming out of Namjoon. 

“Why don’t you talk with them? I’m sure they will understand.” Jungkook stated, but Namjoon remained quiet as if thinking of a way to explain his emotions. 

“I’m also curious about something… How did you control your wolf all this time? I read that suppressants are not one hundred percent effective, especially during an Omega’s heat? Did your Alpha ever come out unintentionally before? I mean, Jinnie has mentioned that you have helped them with their heats in the past, yet you never mated with either of them. Is this the first time it has happened? Did your Alpha side not come out then?...It’s not like you knotted them with the ill intention of breeding them? Right?” Jungkook continued to ask, and Taehyung felt relief that his boyfriend was taking the initiative of asking all the difficult questions. Yoongi on the other hand, was crushed by everything they were hearing and remained quiet, as he tried to contain his tears.  

“To be honest, Jungkook, I think this whole thing is fucked up...and I don’t know how to fix it. I know they won’t understand me… Especially Hoseok. We were both led by our instincts to mate. Our wolves consented to it, but now, our minds are rejecting it, well, at least for Hoseok. Besides, you are right, that wasn’t the first time I have knotted them, but those times, I was in control of my wolf due to the suppressant pills. That’s why I know they will never forgive me. I was very careless this time and almost got them pregnant... You know I would never do anything to hinder their lives. Never!”

“What do you mean it’s not the first time?” Taehyung asked, confused. There was a lot of information to process and at the same time think about, but as Namjoon kept talking, giving them more input on the events that happened it only kept raising more questions in his mind. 

“Well, you see. Hoseok and Seokjin have a regular heat cycle, meaning it comes every three months, in the second week of it. Yoongi, you probably know better than I do but during an Omega’s heat there is a period of time where everything becomes too much to handle. Therefore, entering a trance-like state where everything becomes blurry, not really knowing what is happening. Whenever I helped Hoseok and Seokjin during their heats, I used those moments of weakness to let my Alpha out (by not taking my full dose of my pills, so I could have some control, days before in preparation for the heat) and knotted them. Since, it was the only way they could satisfy their heat, and the Omega inside of them... Obviously, they don’t know, and if they ever found out, they will hate me. I basically have been taking advantage of them, raping them while they were both in heat for years…Guys, I'm a monster. A sick bastard,” Namjoon stated and Taehyung was left wordless with everything he had just heard. There was no way they could ever find a way of helping Namjoon fix all the problems he had created. How were they supposed to get Hoseok to speak with Namjoon after knowing the truth? It was impossible. A part of him was furious at Namjoon for the way he had treated Hoseok and Jinnie, but another part wanted to understand the deeper meaning behind it. 

Taehyung wasn’t sure how they were going to overcome all of these difficulties, but as he listened to Namjoon break down in front of them, opening his heart to demostraste his most intimate thoughts, it made Taehyung wonder if the Alpha deserved a second chance? 

———-

Seokjin nervously waited for the front door of Daniel’s house to be unlocked. He had arrived at the residence minutes ago but was too scared to ring the doorbell as he wasn’t sure if the sweater he was wearing was able to conceal Namjoon’s Alpha scent that was still lingering inside of him. After leaving Jimin’s apartment, Yoongi’s words never left his mind. It was like the phrases that his friend had told him kept eating at his heart—knowing it had some truth behind them. Maybe the younger Omega was right and his actions demonstrated his lack of trust for Daniel? Or it indicated that Daniel was too traditional and reserved to respect his opinions as his friends have noted. 

Seokjin was confused and didn’t know what to do with the information he had gathered. Yet, he still believed that Daniel was the right person to be his heat partner, even if the Alpha had very traditional values. 

A second ring on the doorbell caused the door to open and to his view came Yuna. It was weird, Seokjin didn’t know her that well, barely even talked with her, but by the way she looked at him, it made him feel uncomfortable. A shiver went down his spine as Yuna winked at him and glanced over his body. What the hell was wrong with her? Did she have to look at him like he was some kind of delicacy? Seokjin just pretended he was fine and weakly smiled at the Alpha in front of him. 

“Oh, It’s the beautiful Omega. Come in. Daniel is waiting for you.” 

“Thank you,” he softly replied, looking down and never making direct eye contact with Yuna, which made him overlook the smirk on her face or the way she kept staring at his neckline.

Remembering the way to the living room and trying to ignore Yuna’s unforgettable presence, Seokjin remembered that for his own safety and to not repeat the same unfortunate situation as last time, he needed to text the safety letter to Namjoon and Hoseok.

Taking out his cell phone from his bag, he sent the letter “S,” indicating that he was safe. Although Seokjin wasn’t sure if his friends were going to look at his messages, since he had a feeling they both hated him at the moment for being the reason behind their forced bond; however, he needed to make sure someone knew of his whereabouts. 

Still, that didn’t stop the negative ideas from running through his mind. Like whether Hoseok and Namjoon even care about his well-being anymore? For being so stubborn and seeking out an Alpha that didn’t get along with his friends. He hoped that wasn’t the case or it would only break his heart even more. 

Sighing at the thought of being hated by his friends and not getting an immediate answer like usual, he resigned at the idea of being alone and shoved his phone back in his bag.  

“Why the sad face, love? Who made this beautiful Omega so sad to cause a frown on their gorgeous face?” Yuna whispered in his ear, making Seokjin flinch. Her voice. Her breath. Everything about Yuna made Seokjin feel uneasy. The Omega inside of Seokjin was yelling at him to run, flee to the safety of his home, but as the strong smell of freshly cut plants filled his nostrils, it made him forget about all of the warning signals his body was telling him. 

“Omega, I’m—ouch, Glad you could make it.” Daniel said to him, groaning by a bruise on his eye that was turning purple. 

“Oh my goodness! What happened?!” He shouted worriedly, running to sit on the couch where Daniel was sitting cross legged. Seokjin wondered how his potential partner got hurt and wanted to do everything in his power to make him feel better. The idea of someone he cared about being hurt was an unbearable sadness that his heart couldn’t handle. 

He tried to touch the bruise, to see the damage it had caused to the injured eye but was denied access to it by Daniel’s hand who only claimed he was fine. Yet, Seokjin kept insisting to bring some sort of relief to the painful and suffering bruise his partner had. 

“Omega! Sheesh, I told you I’m fine.” Daniel scoffed at him, with an annoyance in his face. Part of him didn’t like the way Daniel was talking to him for only demonstrating his feelings of concern. Still, then he remembered that Alphas could be prideful and didn’t want any help with their problems—especially not from an Omega. 

“B-But—”

“Beautiful Omega, leave that bastard alone. He’s just angry that he got beat up by some Alpha while we were having lunch.” 

“HEY! I told you never to speak about that ever again. It was just luck. That bastard cornered me knowing I wasn’t able to move freely because of the table and chairs.” 

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. You still got beat up anyways,” Yuna chuckled, and Seokjin looked at the siblings in terror. How could they get themselves into fights with another Alpha without knowing of the consequences of their actions, let alone be joking about it? Someone could have been badly hurt or even worse, killed. Fights between Alphas weren't unheard of but it happened and sometimes it didn’t end with just a bruise on the eye. Seokjin hated acts of violence since it reminded him of the time his parents took him to a peaceful protest demanding to end the Alpha law but it turned into a disaster instigated by law officials. Besides, he didn’t want to witness someone he cared about getting hurt only because they wanted to prove their own strength. It was a childish and stupid way of thinking. 

Seokjin just watched as Daniel glared at Yuna, who sat down next to him on the couch. Now, he was trapped in the middle of the two Alphas who didn’t stop bickering at each other. He didn’t know at what point during their argument it happened but Yuna wrapped her hand around his shoulders, bringing Seokjin even closer to her side. Her touch only made him feel even more distressed, and it was making him feel unsafe. He could sense all the hair on his body stand up from the terrorizing feeling Yuna’s touch was making him feel. He wanted to get out his phone and type the “H” letter to Hoseok and Namjoon, indicating that he needed help, but he knew they wouldn’t come to his rescue, not after all the dire consequences he had created to his best friends due to his heat. 

“Daniel, you know, if you don’t want this beautiful Omega...Can I have him? I’ll make him the happiest Omega in the world.” 

“No way! He’s mine. So back up and go look for another Omega you can take care off!” Daniel argued, taking Seokjin away from Yuna’s embrace, making him feel better. Then, he remembered that he was wearing Yoongi’s sweatshirt to mask Namjoon’s Alpha scent and his face went pale when Daniel started to sniff him out. His shoulders tensed as he felt the Alpha nibbling and nuzzling at his neckline. Was Daniel able to pick up the faint smell of Herbal plants that his body still lingered? Or was he smitten by the smell of cotton candy like Seokjin had planned? 

“Mm...Omega, you smell different…” 

“Different? I’m still the same… Oh, maybe it’s because I just had my heat?” He answered shakenly, his heart skipping a beat by wondering if his answer was sufficient enough for Daniel to drop the topic of his scent.

“Hmm, no… It’s different from usual. It's sweeter… Like-like cotton candy.” 

“Cotton candy?” Seokjin repeated, feeling like he had won the battle. Yes! His plan to mask Namjoon’s scent definitely worked and all Daniel was smelling was Yoongi’s sweet and intoxicating smell of cotton candy. 

“Yeah, it's the smell of your Omega heat partner, right?” Daniel smirked at him, not noticing that Yuna had left the living room.

“Omega what?!” 

“Why so shocked? I know your Omega friend helped you through your heat. It’s not unheard of for unmated Omegas to help each other out. Unless… There’s something you are not telling me. Am I right, Omega?” Daniel growled, cupping his cheek tightly so Seokjin wouldn’t be able to hide the truth. Seokjin just gulped down his saliva as he tried not to show his nervousness on the inside. 

Okay Seokjin. It’s time to practice your acting skills. Don’t let him find out the truth! He encouraged himself, looking at Daniel straight in the eyes, as if nothing was wrong, as if he wasn’t scared on the inside. 

“No, you are right. That’s my heat partner’s scent. It’s just that some Alphas don’t like the scent of another Omega, or anyone in that matter, on their mates. I thought you were going to get angry at me, sorry,” he apologized, making sure to look as remorseful as possible, and even generated some tears by thinking of the sad situation of his friends to help him cry. And it worked like a charm! 

“Aww, don’t cry. My beautiful Omega shouldn't cry for something that you can’t control. I’m happy your Omega friend was there to help you out. And hopefully next time, it will be me who gets the privilege of being your heat partner,” Daniel cooed at him, kissing the corner of Seokjin’s teary eye. Seokjin felt terrible for lying to Daniel, but he knew it was for the best if he wanted to maintain their relationship without any arguments.

After knowing that his plan worked, Seokjin shifted the conversation back to Daniel’s purpled eye which made the Alpha tackle him down on the couch and engaged in a very much heated make out session. The kisses they shared didn’t have the same spark and excitement as it did before, but maybe it was his post-heat symptoms that were blocking Seokjin from enjoying the touch of his future partner? He wasn’t sure but at least he was able to mask Namjoon’s Alpha scent. 

Two hours passed, and it was time for Seokjin to leave the somewhat comforting house of Daniel and go back to his home—the place that he now felt like an intruder.  As he walked to the bus stop, Seokjin couldn’t believe that his last minute plan worked so well and he was able to get away with having another Alpha knotting him during his heat. It was a risky plan but now that it worked out, his mind felt better, although he knew he should be feeling guilty for lying to Daniel. 

As soon as Seokjin got to the bus stop he saw the bus arriving so he ran as fast as he could, letting out a sign of relief that he didn’t miss it or he’d have to wait for an hour for the next one. Once he got inside, he took out his phone. He wanted to check if Hoseok or Namjoon had replied back to his safety messages. However, he let out a pained expression once he saw that he had only one new message and it was from Jimin, not from his childhood friends. 

He asked himself why they were ignoring him? When they all knew it wasn’t his fault that they ended up mating or that Namjoon presented as an Alpha. Seokjin wanted his friends to make up and their friendship to go back to normal—he hated to see them all divided up. Especially since Seokjin needed his friends now more than ever because he was having second thoughts about Daniel. Today’s date was the most uncomfortable and painful one yet, especially with Yuna being present, and he wanted to ask his friends about it. However, they were both avoiding him like the plague and there was nothing he could do about it. 

Once Seokjin got to the apartment he shared with Hoseok, he didn’t feel like eating. He was too tired to cook himself a meal, so he walked straight to his bedroom, with the hopes of taking a hot shower and going to sleep, passing by Hoseok’s room seeing that the lights were on which stopped his tracks. 

Maybe it would be a good idea to talk with Hoseok before bringing Jimin into the picture? It would make sense since they had a special bond and were childhood friends. Maybe Hoseok would be more willing to talk with him if they were alone and not have a third party in the middle of the conversation? 

It’s worth a shot, Seokjin thought to himself, and walked to Hoseok’s door, knocking on the door. He waited for a few seconds for Hoseok to answer back but nothing, so he knocked one more time, this time louder. 

“Hoseok! It’s me,” he raised an octave, feeling dejected that his friend was ignoring him. 

“Hobi! Please, let’s talk about it,” he added, but never got an answer, nor did the door open. It pained him to know that Hoseok didn’t have any trust in Seokjin. A bond strong enough to confess to each other their deepest fears and worries.

Feeling discouraged, he stopped persistent Hoseok to open the door and dragged his body to his room feeling even more miserable than before. Seokjin felt like he was living in his worst nightmare—his friends were ignoring him, he wasn’t certain that his relationship with Daniel would work out after lying to him, and Yuna, well she was creeping him out. Everything was a mess, and it was all caused by his fucking heat. 

——— 

Two days passed and all Seokjin had been doing since he left Daniel’s home that night was to ignore all the messages his “potential” heat partner kept sending him, asking if they could meet up for a date or to hang out at his house. Yet, Seokjin didn’t have any sense of shame for the way he was acting. He didn’t want to be with Daniel at the moment, not after everything that happened at his house the other day—lying to Daniel about his scent belonging to his Omega heat partner which he didn’t have one, and feeling uncomfortable around Yuna. He still wasn’t sure about the relationship he wanted to have with Daniel. On one side, he knew a relationship based on lies and tricks wasn’t a healthy one, but then he thought of his heat and how tolerable it could be with an Alpha.

Maybe he was being selfish for only thinking about his needs but at this point he wasn’t sure of what he needed. All his mind was preoccupied with was Namjoon and Hoseok—his best friends, his brothers, and family.  

Cleaning up the living room, after a long afternoon of working on some assignments for school, he heard his phone ringing. Thinking it was Daniel asking him for another date, he ignored the call. However, after hearing his phone persistently vibrate for a few minutes, he got annoyed and was ready to block Daniel’s number. If the Alpha didn’t respect his decision of keeping a distance, at least until he was ready to talk, then he saw that as a sign that maybe he shouldn’t be with Daniel anymore. Picking up his phone to put an end to his relationship with Daniel, Seokjin saw he had gotten three text messages, one from Jimin and two from Daniel. 

Ignoring the ones from the Alpha, he decided to read the message Jimin had sent him in hopes of distracting his mind from the continuing drama in his head. 

Jimin: Hi hyung. Yoongi got a reply back from Namjoon. They agreed to meet up tomorrow morning. How about we do the same? We can talk with Hoseok while the guys talk with Namjoon? 

Seokjin read and to say it didn’t pain him to know that Namjoon was able to reply to Yoongi and not him was an understatement. Seokjin was beyond furious with the way his supposed best friend was acting towards him as if he had been at fault. Seokjin understood that it probably wasn’t easy to suddenly be in a forced bond with someone, especially with one of his best friends, but at the same time they were family, a pack and he wanted to be there to help in whatever way possible. Yet, he was denied access. 

Seokjin: I think that’s a good idea. That way we’ll get them to talk about the situation sooner. I’m worried about Hobi...he hasn’t left his room for days. I don’t even know if he’s eating or not. Jiminie, we need them to make up ASAP! Or I think Hobi is only going to get worse. 

Jimin: I’m worried about him too. I sent him a text a few times already and his only reply was that he’s okay and not to worry about him. 

Seokjin read. And for the second time in the span of seconds, he felt like a thousand needles were nipping at his heart. A pain so deep that it made him tear up. 

Seokjin: He replied back?

Jimin: Yeah, but like I said he doesn’t really want to talk about anything. He just says he’s fine and to give him time. And we know that with the force bond between them, time is what we don’t have…

Seokjin: I see...I’m glad he’s at least replying back but you are right. We need them to talk it out...for their sake. 

Seokjin: Sorry Jimin, But I have to go get ready for the night. I’ll be waiting for you tomorrow morning so we can talk with Hoseok. Okay. Goodnight 💜💜

Jimin: Goodnight hyung! See ya tomorrow. 🥰

Placing his phone down, Seokjin brushed away the tears that were starting to fall down his cheeks. He couldn’t believe that Hoseok and Namjoon would ignore him to such an extent. Why did they reply back to other people that weren’t part of their pack? He was supposed to be their closest friend, their family. The one they could rely on when they were in trouble but no, Hoseok and Namjoon decided to shove him away and seek comfort from other people.

Feeling like the world was against him, Seokjin gathered the last items scattered throughout the living room and went to sleep, too hurt to even think about having dinner. 

That night, Seokjin barely slept at all. There were a lot of different things on his mind that he couldn’t help but worry about all night long. First, the way Namjoon and Hoseok kept excluding him as if their friendship meant nothing to them. Second, Daniel’s persistence in getting them to meet up even though he didn’t want to anymore. However, he had hoped that the conversation with Hoseok, with the help of Jimin, some of his stress would be relieved or he’d only feel worse. 

It was finally morning and he was tired and worn out from the sleepless night he had. Despite how he was feeling, Seokjin was optimistic about the conversation he was going to have with Hoseok. It was almost time for Jimin to arrive at his apartment, and as he watched TV, trying to occupy his mind, Seokjin heard the doorbell ring signaling him that Jimin had finally arrived. Getting up from the couch with a loud huff, he walked to the doorway and opened the front door. 

“Hi hyung,” Jimin greeted him, gently smiling at him. It always amazed Seokjin how beautiful and soft looking Jimin looked. His friend was the definition of the perfect Omega—petite, soft spoken, gentle, and with the smallest frame...Completely opposite of him. 

“Come in, I was waiting for you. I hope the ride here wasn’t too bad. The bus can be very packed in the morning,” he explained, guiding Jimin to the living room, so they could sit on the couch while they organized their thoughts on what strategy they should initiate to get Hoseok to talk, or even better, get him out of his room. 

“It’s okay, hyung. They guys gave me a ride, so I could get here faster. Plus, Namjoon’s house is in the same direction so it’s a win win for me,” Jimin giggled, and he looked adorable. Seokjin always envied every Omega that looked and acted cutely. It was a trait he would never have but always wanted. He was so Alpha-like, so buffed that he was surprised that Daniel was interested in him. However, setting his negative thoughts aside, he tried to focus on the Omega in front of him, who was looking at him with awe. 

“Hyung, you look beautiful as always.” Jimin complimented, but Seokjin just averted his eyes in embarrassment. Jimin was too lovely, there was no way Seokjin was considered beautiful, but he decided to just accept the praise for now, and focused on what mattered to him the most—Hoseok. 

“T-thank you. You look beautiful today too...Umm, so you said the guys gave you a ride here? Yoongi and Taehyung? That’s his name, right?” 

“Yeah! But Kookie also went with them, that’s the friend I told you about the other day. The one that likes Alphas. He started going out with Taehyung and they make the cutest couple ever!” Jimin squealed, talking fondly of his friends, making Seokjin feel envious.  

“I’m happy to hear that…” 

“Hyung?”

“Hmm?” He answered, looking at Jimin with envy, for having friends he could rely on. 

“How-how did your date with Daniel go? Did the shirt do the trick?” 

“Oh, yeah, it worked like a charm. Daniel didn’t suspect anything at all,” he nervously said, trying to hide his worries and doubts. Seokjin didn’t want his friend to know about the uncomfortable situation with Daniel and his sister. 

“I’m happy to hear that...Hyung, do you really like him? I mean, sorry if this sounds rude and impolite but does he treat you well? Does he respect your opinions and decisions without thinking that you should devote yourself to him because he’s an Alpha?” 

“Of course! I really like him. He’s very nice and his sister is also very kind to me. I feel very comfortable in their presence...And Daniel, he’s nothing but a gentleman,” Seokjin lied, putting on his best smile, concealing all the emotions inside of him. A part of him wanted to scream at Jimin that he didn’t want to be with Daniel anymore as the environment he was in last time was uncomfortable, but at the same time, he had no one to rely on or trust with his problems. Hoseok and Namjoon were giving him the silent treatment and Jimin, well he didn’t know the younger very well to confess his feelings of mistrust and concern about Daniel and his sister.  

“I’m glad to hear that. You know I’m here for you if you ever need any help with anything. Or just someone to talk to.” 

“I know. Thank you Jiminie. You’re a good friend.” Seokjin replied, feeling guilty about lying to him. However, he knew it was for the best. He couldn’t bother his friend with his problems when Hoseok and Namjoon had bigger issues to solve. 

“How about we go get Hobi out of his cave, huh?” He added, signaling Jimin to follow him to the hallway, the Omega complying to his actions. 

Both of them were now standing in front of Hoseok’s room, an evident moment of silence could be felt in the air but they knew it had to be done. 

“Hoseok! It’s me, Jimin! Can we talk? Please?” Jimin shouted, knocking on the door, in hopes that Hoseok would come out. At least to eat or get some fresh air which they knew he needed at the moment. Seokjin watched as Jimin knocked on the door once again but with no luck. It pained him to know that Hoseok was not only ignoring them but was putting his life in danger for staying inside his room all day long. 

“Let me try.” He tapped Jimin’s shoulder, which caused his friend to move to the side giving him more space.

“Hobi! It’s Seokjin. I know you don’t want to speak with us but at least come out and eat lunch. You don’t have to talk or anything. We just want to make sure you are doing well and eating properly. Please! We are worried about you…” He amplified, wishing for his friend to listen to them but they never got an answer or a sign that Hoseok was all right. 

After more than half an hour of trying to get Hoseok to come out of his room so they could eat together and maybe have him talk about the situation with Namjoon, Seokjin and Jimin decided to give up on knocking on the door, since they noticed it was futile to get Hoseok out. There was no way to force Hosoek out of the comfort of his room and although they felt sad that their friend was rejecting their presence, Seokjin and Jimin decided to not push their boundaries, for now. 

In the end, Jimin decided to stay over for lunch and afterwards left to go back home to wait for his boyfriend and packmates. Seokjin would be lying if he didn’t feel jealous of his friend, for having such a strong bond with his packmates. He wished Jimin didn’t have to leave so soon as he didn’t want to be left alone in a home that he felt like he was not welcomed anymore. He knew it was selfish of him to want to have more of Jimin’s company but he couldn’t help it. Seokjin wasn’t sure if the bond between Hoseok, Namjoon and himself would ever be repaired, after everything that had happened between them, but his only wish was to have his friends back, so he wouldn’t feel so lonely anymore. 

Saying goodbye to Jimin, Seokjin decided to watch TV before he got ready for another night of assignments. He wanted to finish them before his tutoring job got busy, since it would make it difficult for him to find the time to do it. As he was watching TV, to distract his mind, he failed to notice Hoseok’s door opening nor the older Omega walking in his direction. 

“Jinnie, Can we talk?” He heard, making Seokjin jump in surprise. The last thing he expected was for Hoseok to voluntarily come out of his room or wanting to speak with him. 

Nodding his head in agreement, and moving aside to give Hoseok space to sit down on the couch, Seokjin prepared himself for a conversation that he wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out, but his only wish was to get his best friend back.

Notes:

Please let me know your thoughts about this chapter.

What do you think will happen next? What was your reaction to Namjoon’s revelation? Should he be given a second chance or not?

How about Seokjin and Daniel? What do you think will happen to their relationship now that Seokjin thinks differently? (Especially with Yuna)

I look forward to reading your comments.

My Twitter: Kumasama92

Chapter 15: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Summary:

“Jinnie, are you mad at me...for the way I have been behaving lately?” Hoseok spoke up, looking at Seokjin with sadness in his eyes. A noticeable collection of tears was pooling at the corner of Hoseok’s eyes and he wanted to reach out and wipe them away. However, Seokjin also knew it was better to hold back from his intentions or they would only cause his friend to flinch in fear after the traumatic experience that he went through. It was the last thing he wanted to happen.

Notes:

I’m finally back with another chapter 🤩🤩

I want to thank everyone for your patience and kind words.

I hope you like the chapter 😊

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

A/N:

I am sure everyone is going to ask the same question by the end of this chapter, “when is Taejinkook going to meet?” And the answer will be the same, not yet. I understand this could be frustrating to some people, so if you are not liking the slow burn, feel free to drop the story. I don’t mind.

For those who want to stay, thank you. We are a few chapters away from the big meeting to happen. It was due to that scene that I decided to write this story, so I’m excited to share it with you all.

Enough of my chattering, I hope you like the chapter and thank you for reading  😊

—————————————-


“Jinnie, can we talk?” Seokjin heard, making him jump in surprise. A series of emotions were now going through his mind as he stared at the older Omega in front of him. First, what had made Hoseok come out of his room now and not when Jimin was present? Second, was the point of talking with Seokjin in private? Was the truth about Namjoon’s actions going to come to light? Did it mean that Seokjin was the root of the problem? He probably was since it was due to his heat that Hoseok and Namjoon were forced to mate. 

Shoving his negative emotions into the back of his mind, he signaled Hoseok to sit down next to him on the couch. The lovely smell of daisies filled his nostril as Hoseok sat down next to him with a soft huff. 

There was a noticeable moment of silence that made the atmosphere between them awkward, but Seokjin knew it was better than being ignored. He hated to see his friend cooped up in his room with no one to talk to and without a way to relieve some of his anger. Seokjin knew Hoseok had a bitterness that was consuming him. Who wouldn't if they had been forced to be bound to Namjoon forever?

“Jinnie, are you mad at me...for the way I have been behaving lately?” Hoseok spoke up, looking at Seokjin with sadness in his eyes. A noticeable collection of tears was pooling at the corner of Hoseok’s eyes and he wanted to reach out and wipe them away. However, Seokjin also knew it was better to hold back from his intentions or they would only cause his friend to flinch in fear after the traumatic experience that he went through. It was the last thing he wanted to happen. 

“Why would I be mad at you? Of course not! It’s understandable to be sad and even angry about everything that happened. To be honest, you should be angry at me for being the reason behind it.” He confessed, furrowing his eyebrows in frustration; not at Hoseok but at himself. Seokjin hated himself for causing Namjoon to present as an Alpha. He hated that it also led to Hoseok getting his heat and the rest of the events that followed.

If only he had the help of Daniel, and spent the duration of his heat with him instead of relying on his friends. Then maybe, just maybe, nothing would have happened. Thinking about it, he deserved to be ignored by his friends for being so stupid and oblivious to everything. 

“W-what!!?? Are you joking, Jinnie? I’m not angry about it, well, not with you in particular. It has nothing to do with you. I’m going to be honest, this is a matter between Namjoon and I. While you were asleep...a lot of things happened. It was a short amount of time that you were sleeping, but it was long enough to get us to make a big mistake. Jinnie, I told Namjoon to mate with me. I was the one who started all of this, and now I don’t know what to do…” 

“W-why?? Hobi… what the hell happened?” Seokjin replied in shock, his mouth hanging open. Did he just hear Hoseok say that it was him that asked to be bound to a mating mark? Seokjin couldn’t believe anything that was coming out of Hoseok’s mouth. Everything felt like a dream; a terrible nightmare, and he wasn’t sure how it was going to end. Then it got him thinking, was their mating mutual? Did Namjoon also want to mate with Hoseok and that was the reason why his friend presented as an Alpha? A series of ideas and analysis of scenarios about his friends’ mindsets were going through his head. 

“I’m not sure what happened. One minute I felt that my heat was coming and then Namjoon’s intoxicating scent consumed my mind. And if that wasn’t enough, I begged to be knotted. Jinnie, I fucking begged him! It was such a confusing but pleasurable moment that I think my Omega took over at some point. Then, when I realized what was happening, I was already marked and connected with him forever. The bad thing about it is that I don’t hate it. I think he’s my soulmate and now I don’t know what I should do...” 

“Wow, did all of that happen while I was asleep?” 

“Yeah.” 

“Fuck!” Seokjin cursed out loud. No wonder his friends didn’t want to confide in him, when he was so naive to everything that happened in the room while he was sleeping. 

“Like I said, it’s not your fault and I don’t want you to feel guilty. There was nothing you could do to help us. I think it was the will of the Moon Goddess for this to happen.”

“But Hobi, do you even like Namjoon in that way for you to be bound with him for life?” He asked, knowing the truth. Seokjin never wanted to bring up the topic of Hoseok’s feelings towards him, but maybe it was time to put an end to it once and for all. Maybe it would facilitate some of the inner struggles of his friend. 

“No…” 

“You don’t? Then why did your wolf approve of him? You know it means that you have certain feelings for him. More than just platonic love.” 

“But Jinnie, I don’t love him like that. I love y—” Hoseok said, abruptly stopping at the last word he was going to say. Regardless of his attempt, Seokjin knew what his friend was going to say. Hoseok was going to tell him that he was in love with him; feelings that were not reciprocated. It would pain him to see his friend heartbroken by his rejection, but he knew it was for the best. He couldn’t let Hoseok continue to believe there was some kind of hope that his feelings would change into something more than love for a childhood friend. Seokjin clenched his knees, preparing his body and mind for the words that he knew were going to bring to light emotions that were never meant to be revealed, until now. 

“You love me, right. That’s what you were going to say.” 

“H-How? W-what?” 

“I know the truth Hoseok. I know that you have loved me, more than as friends, since we were young. I can’t deny it anymore, not when I know it’s holding you back from truly being happy.” Seokjin blurted out, reaching for Hoseok’s hands, but the older omega immediately retreated back from his touch. He could see the surprised expression on Hoseok's face that was mixed with fear because of his words. Seokjin felt bad. He really did, but it was something that needed to be done if he really cared about Hoseok’s well-being. 

“And I also know it's the reason behind your rejection of the bond with Namjoon. You know, I think he’s truly your destined mate. Since we were young, he has always wanted your attention, but you never noticed him. Joonie, he’s so adorable. He secretly takes care of you when no one is looking. Like when you had a fever in sixth grade, he was the one who nursed you back, not me. You just thought it was me because that’s what your heart desired. Hobi, it’s time to forget about your feelings for me and try to give Joonie a chance. He deserves it. Hobi, I don’t love you like you do. I see you as my brother, my family, and packmate. It’s time for you to move forward and focus on someone who really cares about you and will make you happy.” 

“Did you just reject me?” 

“Yeah, I did. I’m sorry Hoseok...I really am. I wish I could return your feelings but I can’t. You know I can’t.” 

“Why? Why can’t you? I know I’m an Omega, but if you give me a chance I know you can come to love me.” Hoseok pleaded, tears falling down his cheeks and his hands trembling in fear of the outcome. Seokjin just looked at his friend, his adorable and caring Hoseok, and moved his head side to side in disagreement. There was no way to change his mind when in fact, they both knew it was impossible. Even if they gave their relationship a chance to be more than just friends, it would only end up with emotions being destroyed. 

“You kno—” was all he had the opportunity to say when Seokjin felt a pair of lips against his. It was Hoseok, kissing him in desperation of changing his mind. It was a kiss that made Seokjin feel, not pity, but sadness.

“Mm!!” He groaned as he tried to push Hoseok away from him. Their position on the couch had changed as Hoseok had him pinned down on the sofa. Hoseok’s warm tongue moved in all different directions trying to explore every inch possible as he just laid there, shocked and confused by his friend’s actions. The kiss lasted longer than Seokjin wanted, but just like he thought, he felt nothing. Why would a kiss from someone he thought of as nothing more than a friend feel pleasurable? It was an idea that he just had to laugh at in his mind. 

“Jinnie...please. Love me. I can make you happy...more than that stupid Alpha you are dating…” Hoseok whispered in his ear as they both tried to catch their breath. The way Hoseok’s tone of voice was so desperate and shaking made Seokjin want to cry. He truly cared about his friend and he didn’t want this confession to break them further apart. Yet, he couldn’t lie about feelings that he didn’t have. It wouldn’t be fair for Hoseok or for him. 

“I’m sorry Hobi. I’m really sorry.” He said, tears sliding down from the corner of his eyes. It broke his heart the way Hoseok just grabbed onto his chest and let out the most agonizing whimper that he had ever heard. 

It was a situation that Seokjin wasn’t prepared for and it made him feel like a jerk, especially knowing all of the problems his friend was going through. Still, he couldn’t give false hope of being together when they both knew it was impossible. 

“Please! Please! Please! Jinnie! Please!” Hoseok kept begging, voice trembling. 

“I’m sorry...It’s for the best and you know it.” He whispered back, drawing circles on Hoseok’s back, trying to soothe the poor, crying Omega.  

Only Hoseok’s crying sobs could be heard in the living room as Seokjin tried to be strong. He had to, or both were going to suffer more than originally intended. 

Suddenly, Hoseok was out of his embrace, getting up from the couch with a sad look on his face and making his way to his room. 

Seokjin didn’t want to end the conversation with his rejection. He wanted to explain that even if it was difficult and it pained Hoseok at the moment, he’d be there for him - that he wanted to be a support for his friend. So, Seokjin quickly got up from the couch, a little too fast so it made him feel dizzy, but it wasn’t going to stop him from running after Hoseok. Finally, he was able to catch up and grabbed Hoseok’s arm, stopping him in his tracks. 

“Hobi! Please listen to me. I’m not done talking,” he implored, knowing that if Hoseok crossed the threshold of his room, he’d never see him again. 

“NOO! Leave me alone. What more do you have to say. You already crushed my heart. Do you want to brag about your relationship with that Alpha or that my life is so fucked up now that I’m mated with Namjoon?” 

“You know it’s nothing like that. Please, just let me explain.” 

“Explain what? There is nothing to explain. You rejected me and that’s it. There’s only one explanation for that and it’s that you don’t love me. You don’t love me at all.” Hoseok yelled, yanking out of Seokjin’s grip and running inside the room, slamming his door in the process. Seokjin just stood there in the middle of the room in disbelief. He couldn’t believe he failed to communicate the only thing that mattered the most; that despite him not having feelings for Hoseok, Seokjin was going to be there for him to support him through these difficult times with Namjoon. He cared so much about his friend that he felt his heart being ripped in half. He truly was the worst friend ever. 

Seokjin knew there was no point in trying to get Hoseok to come out of his room now that he had fucked up everything. 

Wiping away the tears that were falling down his cheeks with the back of his hand, Seokjin walked back to the living room couch. Now, Seokjin didn’t know what to do. He was torn between the friendship he had with Hoseok and what just happened. He knew it was for the best. He needed to let Hoseok know that his feelings were not reciprocated. He loved him as a brother and a fellow pack member, and nothing would ever change that.

Seokjin couldn’t believe he messed up the only opportunity he had to convince Hoseok to talk with Namjoon. The older Omega opened up to him, ready to talk about his deepest insecurities, yet he had to be an idiot and bring up a conversation that Seokjin knew Hoseok wasn’t ready for. However, another side of him was content with the outcome because it meant that Hoseok could finally move forward with his life and forget about the unreturned feelings he had for him. 

A bundle of emotions were going through Seokjin’s mind, however, he knew he had to inform Jimin of what just happened and how it could affect their original plans. Taking his phone out of his pocket he looked for Jimin’s name and sent a quick message, feeling like he was the worst person in the world. 

Seokjin: Hey Jimin. After you left, Hoseok came out of his room. We talked...but it didn’t turn out so well. He’s very angry at me right now… 

Jimin: Hyung!! Omg!! What happened?? Are you okay? Is Hoseok okay? 

Seokjin: I’m okay. Just feeling sad that I messed everything up. Now, I don’t know if he’s willing to talk with us. Maybe you but definitely not me. 

Seokjin: Hobi went back to isolate himself in his room. I should’ve been more careful. He’s sensitive (with his heat just ending and his new form bond with Namjoon), but no, I had to insist. 

Seokjin: I’m sorry Jiminie. 

He sent the message. Seokjin held onto his phone with both hands, trying to control his emotions. He couldn’t believe that his feelings got the best of him and tried to solve an issue that wasn’t even a problem at all. He just had to make it into one and now Hoseok was even more furious with him. 

Jimin: It’s okay Hyung. We’ll figure something out. I’ll talk with the guys and see what they think.

Jimin: Oh, by the way, the guys talked with Namjoon and he agreed to talk with Hoseok. They told me it’s a lot more complicated than they thought (even though they didn’t want to give me full details about it for some reason). However, they said it could be difficult to get back to how things used to be. 

Seokjin: Shit!! So I made things more complicated, huh? 

Jimin: I don’t know, but we knew from the start that their relationship wasn’t going to be easy to fix. 

He read Jimin’s message. Seokjin knew what his friend was telling him was the truth. He knew his friends so well, like the back of his hand, and from the beginning, Seokjin knew that their broken bond was going to be a challenge. A task that may be impossible to achieve.  

Seokjin: That’s true. I just had a little bit of hope that things would be different and their relationship wasn’t going to suffer so much. My heat really messed up their lives. 

Seokjin: How’s Namjoon? Is he eating well? Tell him to eat his meals (he tends to skip them a lot) and to stay healthy. 

Jimini: Hyung, you know this isn’t your fault, right? This is an issue between Hoseok and Namjoon... unfortunately you had to be stuck in the middle of it. I don’t think they blame you at all. And Yoongi told me he’s doing okay. He could do better, but he’s trying to cope with everything. 

Seokjin didn’t believe what his friend was texting him. He knew from the bottom of his heart that he was the one who should be blamed. He knew that if he didn’t get his heat a month earlier than usual, it wouldn’t have triggered Hoseok’s heat or Namjoon’s Alpha presentation. 

Seokjin: I’m glad he’s doing well. I’m not sure, Jimin...this is all my fault. I only created problems between them. 

Seokjin: Anyway, what should we do now? Should we just give Hoseok more time to deal with his emotions and then try again? 

Jimin: Hyung, it makes me sad that you think like that. Stay positive!! Everything will get better. 

Jimin: I think that’s a good idea. What Hoseok needs right now is time and space. He needs to think of everything that has happened. I’ll let the guys and Namjoon know about this, okay? Don’t worry we’ll figure something out. 

Seokjin: Thanks Jiminie. I need to go get ready for bed. I have an early class tomorrow 😔

Seokjin: Night Night 😴😘

Jimin: Night hyung

Seokjin placed his phone on the side of the couch, sighing. He was ready to take a long shower and destress his mind. It had been a long and stressful day, and all he wanted to do was get under the covers and try to sleep, even though he knew it wasn't going to happen. His brain wouldn’t let him have a peace of mind at all thinking about Hoseok’s painful expression and the sound of his crying voice. It pained him to know that their relationship had to turn out like this: a broken bond that was so fragile it could permanently break at any moment. 

Still, he had hope that the Moon Goddess would help them out and mend their friendship, somehow. 

Knowing he had nothing else to do in the living room, he got up from the couch with a loud groan and headed to his room, passing by Hoseok’s bedroom door, feeling like a jerk for breaking his friend’s heart. 

There wasn’t anything he could do about it now, though. What happened earlier was a thing of the past. Words were exchanged, and even though it left a bitter taste in his mouth, it was a necessary conversation. He couldn’t keep giving Hoseok false hope about them being together knowing it was never going to happen. And most importantly, knowing that Namjoon was a better fit for his older friend than he could ever be. 

Entering his room, he shoved his thought away, or else he’d drown in despair. There was a lot of stress going on in his life lately, and he felt lost and alone in the world. The sad part of it was that there wasn’t anyone he could confide in. Both of his best friends were in their own little world, a place far away from his reach. All that was left was for him to do was to make his own judgment about Daniel and hope for the best. 

—————

A few days passed after his conversation with Hoseok, yet, nothing had changed at all. Hoseok was still locked up in his room and Namjoon didn’t respond to his messages or calls. It was a feeling that left a bad sensation in his heart. What did he do to deserve such treatment? It wasn’t his fault that Hoseok and Namjoon mated. Hoseok had confirmed that it was consensual. The only thing he was guilty of was triggering Namjoon’s rut and Hoseok’s heat. Maybe he was being punished by the Moon Goddess for not listening to his friends about the danger that Daniel radiated? Probably...Maybe. At this point, Seokjin wasn’t sure anymore. All he wanted was to get his friends back and mend their relationship together. 

Seokjin was getting ready to go to class when the vibration of his phone interrupted his movements. Looking at the caller ID, it was Jimin, a smile crept up on his face and he wondered if it was to tell him good news about Hoseok or Namjoon. 

“Hello?” He answered, his tone of voice cheerful and full of hope. 

“Jinnie-hyung, how are you?” 

“I’m doing good. How about you?” 

“I’m fine. Just getting ready for my class. But I wanted to call you before I left to let you know that I talked with Hoseok over the phone...he said that he’s willing to talk with Namjoon. Under one condition.” 

“Oh my gosh! That’s good! I’m so happy that he wants to talk it out with Joon. When and where is the conversation taking place? We should do it at our place. Oh and what is the condition he told you?” Seokjin replied, happy that his friend was starting to be forgiving and going to give Namjoon a chance to explain himself. Maybe their conversation wasn’t in vain after all. Maybe this was a good thing to get their friendship back to where it was before. Although, Seokjin knew nothing would really be the same, not after Namjoon and Hoseok mated and became bound to one another. 

“You see, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about...Hoseok’s only condition was for you to not show up to the meeting. He’s willing to talk with Namjoon only if you’re not there. I’m sorry Seokjin-hyung. I tried my best to get him to change his mind but nothing worked. Even Namjoon was shocked when I told him, but then all he said was that it was for the best.” 

Seokjin heard Jimin’s words and remained quiet. His mind could no longer produce any kind of thoughts. All he was hearing was that Hoseok hated him. Hoseok was rejecting him in the worst way possible. He couldn’t even be present during the healing process between Hoseok and Namjoon and it was an idea that broke his heart into a million pieces. Was this the end of their friendship? Was this the time for Seokjin to move on and be left on his own like a lone wolf, alone in the world with no place to call home? Tears started to cloud his vision, and his heart felt tight in his chest. The words that Jimin just told him broke him like nothing else had ever before. Hoseok hated him. Namjoon hated him. Now, he was alone. He was the odd one out. Maybe all the negative things that had happened and would happen to him in the future were his true fate for being a bad friend and bringing destruction into other people’s lives. 

“Hyung! Hyung! Seokjin-hyung? Are you still there? Please answer me!” Jimin’s concerned voice brought him back to reality; a truth he didn’t want to face. Not now...not ever! 

“Y-Yeah...I-I’m...h-here…” he tried to speak, but his voice was shaking as he tried to hold back his tears. 

“Are you crying? Please don’t cry. I promise to convince Hoseok to let you be there. Please don’t cry, hyung. It makes me sad to hear you so heartbroken.” 

“It’s okay Jimin...if it’s what Hoseok and Namjoon want...t-then who am I to change their minds? Just-just take care of them for me please. Let them make up and form a real bond together. Don’t let them get hurt anymore than they are. It breaks my heart to see them so sad. Please, Jiminie, take care of them for me.” Seokjin let out, his voice breaking into a loud cry that even surprised him. He knew he couldn’t continue the conversation with Jimin anymore, so without any warning, he hung up the call. Not even caring if Jimin heard him or even understood his words through his sobs. 

Seokjin’s knees gave out, making him fall to the floor, his cries neverending and his body trembling in disbelief. What would his life be like now that he didn’t have affection from his friends? Maybe if he didn’t reject Hoseok things would have played out differently, but he couldn’t change the past. Now he was doomed to be alone for the rest of his life. Hoseok and Namjoon were his world. Everything he had achieved was thanks to the encouragement and supportive thoughts of his best friends. Yet, he couldn’t be there when they needed him the most because he was denied access to be part of their lives. 

Hugging himself, Seokjin let the darkness consume him and cried his heart out until no tears came out, and all that was left was an empty feeling in his heart. 

He didn’t know how long he’d been crying on the floor, or if he’d missed his classes or not. Seokjin’s heart felt numb, with no will to get up and continue with his life. What was the point when all the people he cared about were ignoring him, and shoving him away? 

In that moment of pessimistic thoughts, he heard his phone ring, indicating to Seokjin that he’d received a text message. Assuming it was Jimin asking how he was feeling, he took up his phone from his back pocket and unlocked it only to realize that it wasn’t Jimin who had texted him, but Daniel, his other crisis. 

He didn’t want to be rude, but at the moment and after everything he was going through, Seokjin needed space - room to take everything in and organize his thoughts, especially his emotions towards Daniel. It was a sudden change of feelings that hit him like a bucket of cold water. One day, Seokjin felt like he was in love and had found the perfect heat partner. Then, everything changed after his unexpected heat. Seokjin’s attraction towards Daniel felt blank, feelings that didn’t mean anything special to him. Especially after lying to the Alpha about the true story of his heat and changes in his scent. But worse of all, it was seeing the way his sister looked at Seokjin, as if he was some kind of delicious dish, ready to be devoured at any point.

It was a combination of events that led him to feel confused and mortified about his initial decision to make Daniel his heat partner. Maybe Hoseok was right and he was being led by emotions that were superficial and ingenuine. Or maybe his encounter with Namjoon’s Alpha was telling him to choose wisely. Seokjin wasn’t sure, but the only thing that he was certain was that he wasn’t ready to face Daniel. Not when he was going through so much pain and suffering from the lack of love and acceptance from his childhood friends. 

Opening up his text messages, he scanned what Daniel had sent him. He felt guilty at the kind words he read.

Daniel: Hi my beautiful Omega. I hope you are doing okay. I wanted to check up on you and see if you needed anything. I hope we can get together soon. I miss you. 

Seokjin knew he had to reply and let Daniel know that he needed time and space. His excuse was going to sound cliche and unbelievable, but he didn’t care. At that moment, Hoseok and Namjoon were his top priority. His friends always told him he was stubborn for a reason, and it was his way of always going the extra mile to make sure he got what he wanted. His friends may hate him and he may feel lonely after being shoved away, but it didn’t mean Seokjin was going to give up on gaining the love of his friends back. He would rather go through many struggles than give up on his friends. Seokjin knew that eventually their friendship would be better, but first he needed to put an end to Daniel’s persistence. 

Seokjin: Hey Daniel. I’m fine. But at this moment, I can’t meet up with you. I’m not sure when I’ll be free. It’s not you, it’s me. I am dealing with a lot of things and want to give myself some time. I’m not ready to see you yet. 

Daniel: Is everything okay? Omega, you’re worrying me with the serious tone you’re using. 

Daniel: This sounds like you’re breaking up with me. Tell me it’s not true. I thought everything was going well. 

Seokjin: But...we’re just dating…getting to know each other, you know? Nothing more than dates. 

Seokjin: You thought we were official? When did we establish that? 

Daniel: When you agreed to come over to my house! When you said you wanted me to be your heat partner!! Omega, can’t we talk this over? 

Seokjin: I’m sorry if you misunderstood, but I can’t at the moment. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. 

Daniel: Omega! Please, let’s talk. I’m not giving up on you. Please. 

Seokjin read the messages, then turned off his phone and threw it to the side. He wasn't ready to face Daniel. He wasn’t ready to dive into a romantic relationship when his friendship with Hoseok and Namjoon was on the verge of being ruined.

Wiping the remaining tears falling down his cheeks with the back of his hand, Seokjin got up from the floor and went to his room. He needed to forget about everything and focus on the most important thing, a possible future without his two best friends. 

Three days passed since Jimin told Seokjin of Hoseok’s request, and the pain in his heart only grew stronger. It wasn’t easy to get used to not having friends to talk with whenever he got home. It wasn’t easy going on with his daily life knowing he was the reason behind Hoseok’s feelings being hurt. However, he tried to keep an optimistic mindset in hopes that Hoseok would change his mind. Seokjin had exchanged text messages with Jimin over the last few days asking for the details of the meeting. He knew that it was decided to meet at Namjoon’s apartment, since it was the closest to the campus - only a fifteen minute car ride - and the biggest out of all of them. It was decided that Jimin along with his boyfriend were going to be present as well as Taehyung and Jungkook, the Alpha couple that he had yet to meet in person. Seokjin found the whole situation weird and annoying. How come people who he barely knew had more right to be present during his best friends' important conversations? The idea made his blood boil with rage, however, Seokjin respected his friend’s decision, at least for now.

Seokjin had just finished with his last class and was on his way to the library for his afternoon tutoring session. Midterms week was approaching, so his tutoring job had doubled up since everyone wanted to make sure they passed their exams. Even though he wasn’t in the mood to go to his job as he wanted to go home and sleep, he knew that it was for the best since it kept his mind preoccupied and away from all of his problems.

Seeing the outline of the library building, he perked up with confusion when a familiar scent caught his attention. The smell of freshly cut grass filled his nostrils and he knew it was Daniel who was nearby. Walking faster than before so as to avoid any confrontation and masking his scent as much as possible to conceal his presence, even though it was futile, Seokjin made it to the front door of the library. 

He sighed in relief when he was seconds away from entering the building, but a grip on his shoulder halted his movements. 

“We need to talk, Omega. I know you said you needed time but I can’t wait until you’re ready.” Daniel’s voice startled him. He looked to his right and saw a furious look on Daniel’s eyes. Never had Seokjin seen the Alpha so angry, with so much hate, and it scared him. The Omega inside of him was telling him to run, to go as far away as possible and find a safe place to hide. 

“Daniel, I thought I told you I didn’t want to see you. Why can’t you leave me alone?” 

“You have never talked to me like that. What’s going on Omega? Why are you suddenly giving me the cold shoulder? I didn’t do anything to offend you, right?” 

“No, no you didn’t but there are some personal things going on that—” 

“Then tell me! I want to be there for you. I want to listen to your problems and maybe help you out. You’re my Omega, it’s the least I could do for you.” Daniel interrupted his explanation, and Seokjin didn’t know what to do. He knew it was a jerk-like move to stop his relationship with Daniel without giving him a proper explanation. Heck, he felt like an asshole for telling the Alpha they were nothing more than dating over text messages. Maybe it would be wise to sit down and talk. Let all of his emotions out and tell Daniel about his friends, at least Hoseok’s and Namjoon’s side of the story. He still didn’t want to tell Daniel the truth about his heat. It would only make the situation even worse and it could make the Alpha more furious. 

“Fine. You win. Let’s go talk. I’m not sure how beneficial it’ll be but if it’ll make you feel better then I’m willing to let you know what’s going on. But first, can you let go of my arm? It’s starting to hurt.” Seokjin informed, seeing Daniel let go of the grip on his arm with a guilty expression.

Seokjin felt the sting on his arm, but decided to ignore it and took out his phone. He needed to inform his student of his absence. It was unprofessional of him, but it rarely happened so a simple excuse would not make him look bad. 

After sending the text messages, apologizing and explaining his reasons for his cancellation, Daniel and Seokjin walked to the parking lot. Daniel had suggested going back to the Alpha’s house. The campus was too crowded for the conversation they are going to have and Daniel’s home was the perfect place to sit down and talk. 

After twenty minutes of a silent car ride, they finally arrived at Daniel’s house. It felt like it had been a long time since he’d been over the Alpha’s house, and it made him nervous. Seokjin knew it was futile but habits were difficult to break so he sent the letter “S” to the group chat he had created with Hoseok and Namjoon. He knew they weren’t going to reply, but a tiny bit of hope within himself made him want to keep trying. 

Following Daniel past the front door, he noticed that it was quiet, quieter than usual. He wondered why, and then he thought of Yuna, the Alpha that made his skin crawl. Was she not home? He hoped not, as his conversation with Daniel would only be awkward with her nearby. 

“Come sit down. We have the house to ourselves, so don’t worry about nosy Yuna interrupting our conversation.” Daniel stated, sitting down on the couch, making enough room for Seokjin. He complied with the request and sat down, relieved that Yuna wasn’t in the house or anywhere near him. He wondered where she was and what she was doing? It was dumb of him to be curious about an Alpha who made his stomach turned. Seokjin only knew she was taking a semester off to work on an internship in the career path she chose. Well, that was the explanation Daniel had given him. However, at this moment, they were meaningless thoughts and he shoved them away. 

“So...Now that we are alone, mind explaining to me what is going on? Why do you want to break up with me? Or more like, stop dating because according to you, we were nothing more than just getting to know each other. I thought we had a special bond, Omega. What did I do wrong to be treated like this?” Daniel said calmly, looking at him with a serious expression. It was a look that he had never seen before. It was weird, but Seokjin didn’t feel an ounce of guilt for the way Daniel was feeling. It would be logical for him to feel at least remorseful for hurting the feelings of such a kind and caring Alpha - someone who had been nothing but a gentleman towards him - but he couldn’t help it when his feelings were not there anymore. 

That spark and sensation of attraction he had towards Daniel had magically disappeared from his heart at the same speed it appeared. Fast and easy. 

It was with that mentality that he knew he had to end the relationship or he’d only hurt the Alpha’s feelings even more. 

“You didn’t do anything wrong. Like I said, it’s me who's not ready for...anything to be honest. I need time. I don’t think I can devote myself to a relationship, for now.” 

“But everything was going so well!? We both like each other...I’m sure I’m not the only one who felt an attraction between us...a bond so strong that I think you're my soulmate.” 

“Soulmate?” He repeated, dumbfounded. It was true that in the beginning Seokjin felt like Daniel was destined to be his mate but now, being soulmates with him was a passing fancy he'd had. Yeah, he felt attracted to the young Alpha, and his personality and strong aura piqued his interest but now, the idea of Daniel being his true soulmate didn’t across his mind. 

“Don’t tell me that you didn’t feel it? That energy between us? I’m disappointed, Omega. I thought we were meant to be…However, I don’t want to break up with you. Can’t you give me another chance? This time, I’ll definitely make sure to keep you happy.” 

“Alpha…”

“Please, I don’t want this to be the end of us.” 

“But...But I don’t think it will work. I’m not ready for a relationship with anyone at the moment. My friends are going through a lot of problems and I want to be there for them. I can’t be distracted. They need me.” Seokjin explained, not really convinced that it would make Daniel stop persuading him to continue with a relationship that Seokjin no longer found beneficial or worthwhile. Not when he had better things to worry about such as Hoseok and Namjoon. 

“Your friends? Is that why you want space? You know I’m here for you if you need someone to talk to.” 

“Yeah, my childhood friends are fighting. Something serious happened and now, they won’t talk to each other. My other friends and I are trying to help them patch up and so far, it’s not been going so well.” He said, with the hopes that Daniel would take the hint and leave him alone. 

“I see. It must be tough. Especially since I bet they are people you cared about the most. I’m sure everything will turn out well. Omega, everyone has different ways to cope with their problems, and I think your friends just need time. Time to go over their options and sort out their feelings.” 

“True…” Seokjin let out. The words coming from the Alpha were nice and encouraging. Yeah, Daniel was being supportive, but Seokjin still felt empty on the inside. 

He wanted to go back to his real home with his childhood and new friends. However, Seokjin knew Hoseok hated him and never wanted to see him, not after Seokjin rejected his feelings. 

As he kept talking with Daniel, Seokjin was like an empty shell. Not paying attention to the words the Alpha was telling him, only thinking about Hoseok and Namjoon. 

Seokjin wasn’t sure what to do anymore. If he kept his relationship with Daniel, it meant more encounters with Yuna, another factor in his decision to end everything with the Alpha. However, Hoseok despised him and being at home would only become a struggle for him. The idea of being ignored, more than he already was, broke his heart. Maybe maintaining a connection with Daniel could give him a temporary escape from his struggle to be with Hoseok and Namjoon? It was a good idea, but he wasn’t sure.  

A mixture of emotions were going through his mind but at the end of the day, Seokjin was alone. He was in a scary world where no one wanted to be part of his life, not after he was the cause of everyone’s problems. 

———————-

The talk with Namjoon took longer than Jungkook imagined. Their friend poured out all of his feelings of love for the older Omega. It was remarkable how such an event could bring out a side of Namjoon that he would never have imagined. Or maybe it was the fact that he hadn’t known the Alpha for a long time, so seeing him break down in front of them shocked him. 

Regardless of his thoughts, Jungkook was glad that they were able to convince Namjoon to be honest with himself and talk with Hoseok. 

But what about Jinnie? Namjoon had asked them, but Yoongi advised him that his other friend could wait. Their first priority should be Hoseok as he was more vulnerable due to their bond. Thinking about it, what Yoongi said made sense. If Hoseok and Namjoon prolonged their estrangement from each other it could make their bond more painful than it already was at the moment. It was a complicated situation, but Namjoon had to think of his mate and strengthen his relationship with his life partner before thinking of his friendship with Seokjin. 

The conversation with Namjoon made Jungkook think of his life decisions. First, his relationship with Byul. What would have happened if he mated with the Omega? After knowing the awful way she treated him after he confessed he was bisexual, the idea that Jungkook almost settled down with her made his body shiver in fear. A homophobic person like her shouldn’t be allowed to be happy. It was a selfish idea, but the rage he felt as Jungkook remembered all the nasty slurs she used to belittle him for accepting who he was made his blood boil in anger. 

Then he thought of his relationship with Taehyung, the first person who had accepted him for who he was—a bisexual Alpha. What would happen if one day Jungkook met his soulmate? The Omega he was destined to be with for the rest of his life. Or if Taehyung met his mate? The idea of losing the love and happiness he had established with Taehyung made him want to cry. Jungkook knew the chances of them meeting their soulmate was low, but the possibility of two unknown Omegas coming into their lives to destroy it made him feel scared.

How would they all react? And would one of them, guided by instinct, forcefully bond with their mate? If that ever happened and they were in the same circumstances as Namjoon and Hoseok, Jungkook knew it would be a disaster. 

Would the Alpha inside of Jungkook choose an Omega over the love of his beautiful and kind Taehyung? Or would Taehyung prefer an Omega over him? Even though the Alpha had made it crystal clear that he had identified as being gay since his Alpha presentation.  

Jungkook’s feelings were all over the place. He felt like his mind was going in circles around  possibilities that may or may not even happen. Yet he couldn’t help it when he was witnessing the horrific way a forced bond between an Omega and Alpha could come about. 

Jungkook felt sorry for his friends, but at the same time it made him feel uncomfortable as it made him doubt himself. He knew there was no reason to feel insecure about his relationship with Taehyung as they were both in love with each other. Still, memories of his childhood as he witnessed his parents being arrested, due to his idiotic actions, for being a same-sex couple and then killed by the authorities crept back into his mind. 

A painful throb in his heart made him snap out of his deep thoughts and focus on the task in front of him. Due to being short-staffed at his job, he was temporarily assigned the duty as head gym trainer. It was a job he dreamed about when he first applied for a position in the campus’ gym, and now, if he played his cards right, Jungkook could potentially keep it. Jungkook knew his chances were low, but he was good at his job and liked it. Maybe it could happen. He wished it would be the case, but first he needed to complete the gym’s schedule for the next few weeks as midterms were soon approaching. 

He wasn’t the only one who was busy, most of them were, but they still made time for Hoseok and Namjoon. Everyone was so busy with their job that it made Jungkook wonder how they were going to arrange the meeting for Hoseok and Namjoon to speak to each other. 

However, Jungkook shoved those thoughts aside and finished writing his last arrangements of the schedule. He was mentally worn out and wished to skip it all and have some time to get together with Taehyung. 

Well, technically he had spent a lot of time with his boyfriend, but all they’d talked about was Hoseok and Namjoon. Right now, it was the top priority in their group of friends to bring the mated couple into the same room. 

Their top mission, Jungkook thought as he finished his work. Getting up from the couch, he placed the notepad on the side table and sighed loudly. Jungkook was ready to go to sleep. Maybe tomorrow was going to be more easygoing. Rubbing his tired eyes, he walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water before heading to sleep where he hoped his dreams were comforting to him. 

The stressful situation of his friends was getting to him, but he was positive Hoseok would soon agree to see Namjoon. The attraction of a mated Omega and Alpha was simply so strong, and it scared Jungkook. 

Just like he thought, a few days later Jimin informed Jungkook, while they were having dinner, that he talked with Hoseok. The Omega agreed to talk with Namjoon, under one condition. Jungkook was curious about said requirement, but the look on Jimin’s face was enough to tell him it wasn’t good. 

“Kookie...Hoseok doesn’t want Jinnie to be there with us. I tried to ask him why, but he won’t say anything. Jinnie told me they talked that same day I went over, but he won’t tell me anything about it. Something happened. Something big. I don’t know what it is but it’s probably the reason why Hoseok is acting this way. The worst part is that I told Jinnie, and he broke down.  He cried so much that he couldn’t even speak. It was so heartbreaking to hear him like that.” Jimin told him, the Omega’s voice shaking in distress. Jungkook reached out for Jimin’s hands and locked their fingers together, releasing calming pheromones to help his best friend bring down his stress levels. They both knew it wasn’t going to be easy. None of them were aware about the conversation between Hoseok and Seokjin, yet they knew it was a talk that disturbed the bond of the two Omegas, from the way Hoseok was acting. 

“You know it was bound to happen, right? The three of them are going through a lot of different things at the time. We can never fully understand why they act the way they do and what happened between Hoseok and Jinnie, but as his friends, all we could do is support them. Right now, as much as it hurts, we should focus on Hoseok and Namjoon. You know their situation is worse since they are mated. It could potentially send them to the hospital from lack of contact with each other.” 

“That’s true...you are right. But I still don’t like it. Jinnie has every right to be there with us. It’s not fair.” Jimin whined, tears forming at the cover of his eyes. Jungkook just pitifully looked at his friend. He understood his dilemma, but at the same time, he knew it was necessary, for now, to leave Jinnie out of the equation. Once Hoseok and Namjoon’s bond was more stable, Jinnie could be added to the conversation. 

Jungkook found it weird, or more like bizarre, that no matter how much “Jinnie” was involved in this whole mess, he had yet to meet him. Despite the Omega being the center of all of the problems happening to their friends, Taehyung and he never had an official encounter with him face to face or even talked over the phone. At the back of his mind, Jungkook was looking forward to meeting Seokjin, but now, his anticipation would have to wait. Hoseok and Namjoon were his main priority. 

——————

Due to their busy schedules, time passed in a blink of an eye and Jungkook, as well as the rest of his friends, were seconds away from starting a discussion that could end up with tears and anger coming from all of them. 

At the end of a long discussion, it was decided that the talk would take place in Taehyung’s and Yoongi’s apartment. Originally it was supposed to happen at Namjoon’s apartment, but Yoongi and Taehyung said that their flat, although a bit small, could be considered a neutral place. It made sense to Jungkook since Hoseok lived with Jinnie, and the older Omega didn’t want to see his childhood friend at the moment, while Namjoon’s apartment was filled with Alpha scent. Although thinking about it, it was more logical to hold the meeting there, so it could give Hoseok the opportunity to inhale his mate’s smell. However, it could also make Hoseok uncomfortable and feel overwhelmed by it, so Jungkook held back from voicing his thoughts out loud. He didn’t want to make anyone feel uneasy besides, the conversations that were about to take place were enough to stress anyone out. 

Jungkook was sitting on the couch, next to him were Taehyung and Namjoon. Since the apartment was small, Yoongi had added additional chairs on the left side of the room, where they could all have a good view of each other. 

In the chairs, Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi were sitting in that exact order. The atmosphere in the room was tense and awkward, but Jungkook knew he couldn’t do anything about it. Not when ties were broken and it wasn’t that easy to mend them. He just hoped the meeting didn’t turn into a disaster or he’d only feel guilty for being one of the people who insisted on having Hoseok and Namjoon face each other. 

There was a noticeable moment of silence. Jungkook had his hands linked together with Taehyung who was giving him soft strokes on his thighs to help ease his nervousness. It didn’t work, but he appreciated the help. 

Jungkook looked around the room and noticed that Hoseok looked worned out—puffy red eyes, with rings of dark circles underneath them. His face looked pale, probably from the lack of sleep, and the usual happy and cheerful Hoseok was long forgotten. In his place was a sad looking Omega, who was probably scared to face the Alpha who he was bound to for life. 

He felt an immense amount of sadness in his heart and if it wasn’t for Taehyung’s presence, Jungkook knew he wouldn’t be able to take it. It pained his heart to see his friend so broken. Then, negative thoughts came flooding back into his mind. The idea of Taehyung leaving him for his destined Omega mate or another Alpha was devastating. Shaking his head to forget about it, he looked to his right, where Namjoon was sitting on the couch with them. 

The Alpha looked better, in the sense that his messy look was gone. Namjoon had shaved his beard and styled his hair. It was a look that made him stand out as his friend was handsome, despite the dark circles under his eyes. However, Jungkook knew the Alpha was nervous. The bouncing of his legs up and down gave it away. 

Jungkook wasn’t sure how much longer he could take the negative aura in the air, but the soft voice of Yoongi gave him the sense of relief he needed. 

“Okay, so I know it’s awkward and everyone’s feelings are all over the place, but we need to get to the point. I’m the type of person who gets overwhelmed by this kind of atmosphere, so we need to get it over with. Namjoon...Hoseok...we all know, to some extent, what happened during Jinnie’s heat. You both mated with each other. That’s a fact we can’t deny. We also know that being away from each other is not good because your bond hasn’t had time to settle in and for that, you need to be near each other. Otherwise, your body and inner wolves are going to suffer. At the same time, you need to talk about what happened...so I came up with an idea.” Yoongi said, everyone in the room giving the Omega all their undying attention. Jungkook looked at his hyung with admiration. Taehyung had previously mentioned, and he was now witnessing it himself, how straightforward and bold Yoongi could get during times where others would feel hesitant to speak out. Right now, the older Omega was giving them an opportunity to start the conversation. However, Jungkook wasn’t sure if the mated couple would want to share something so personal with all of them. 

“What’s your plan?” Taehyung said, everyone in the room nodding in agreement. Jungkook was curious too, and he couldn’t wait to find out. 

“Well, you see. It’s nothing extraordinary. I saw it on a TV show a long time ago. I know Hoseok and Namjoon wouldn’t want to share all of their emotions and feelings in front of us. There are some things that need to be said in private, so I thought of making them use my room so they can talk it out. In there, both their scents could mingle together which will help with their bond AND they can talk about what happened. We could do these meetings once a week, for an hour. During that hour they’ll talk and if they don’t then that’s okay because at least their wolves could feel each other’s presence. I hope that makes sense. It did in my head.” 

“Ooh! That’s a good idea.” Jungkook exclaimed, nodding his head in agreement. So he wasn’t the only one worried about intruding on a discussion that was so personal and private. He was glad his friends were all on the same page. All that was left was to see if Hoseok and Namjoon agreed. 

“What do you think of hyung’s plan?” Jimin asked Hoseok, who tensed up at the attention everyone was giving him. The omega averted his eyes as much as possible, looking down at the floor. 

Thinking about it, even though it sounded like a good solution, if he were Hoseok, Jungkook would probably hate it. If he was pushed into a forced bond with an Omega, Jungkook wouldn’t want to be in the same space as them, nor in a private room no less. 

“Umm...you see…I don’t know.” Hoseok tried to say, his voice coming out soft and weak. 

“I don’t mind. If Hoseok is okay with it I’m fine.” Namjoon interrupted, his body posture straight with confidence. Their previous talk really did help his friend gather up his emotions and think of the future. Jungkook was glad they talked with him as now, he knew Hoseok was in good hands. Although the terrible things Namjoon did to Hoseok and Jinnie were still too early to be forgiven. 

“...fine. I agree with you. Let’s talk.” 

“Are you sure Hobi?” Jimin asked, a worried expression on his face. 

“I’m fine, Jimin. Thank you.” 

“Good. Now follow me, I’ll take you to my room.” Yoongi said, guiding the couple down the hallway and into a room, which he knew was Yoongi’s from staying over the apartment at least three times a week, sometimes more. 

Jungkook just stared at the direction where the three of them walked to and it wasn’t until Yoongi returned that he felt a little better. Now, it was all up to Hoseok and Namjoon to patch things up. 

“Do you think they’ll be okay? What if Namjoon or Hoseok gets violent? Or something bad happens?” Jungkook raised his concerns. His worries were valid. They didn’t know the profundity of the argument between them, so there was a chance a negative outcome would happen. 

“Don’t worry Jungkook. I have it all planned out. I told them that for their safety, Namjoon would be cuffed up on one side of the bed, while Hoseok on the other side. I know it’s weird but it’s the only thing I could think of. They also have access to their phones so if things get very overwhelming they can call me.” 

“W-what? Woah! That’s... wow. How did you think of all of this?” 

“Well Jungkook, it wasn’t easy but Jimin helped me out too. We care about them, so we needed to make sure they were safe. I know the goal is for them to talk, but at this point I’m more worried about their bond. You know it’s been days, if not two weeks since they last saw each other. Not since they mated. Their bond is weak, and their wolves are begging to be near each other. So even if they don’t talk, this will help decrease the impact of their new mating mark. I hope it helps.” 

“I hope so too…” Jungkook said, his voice coming out sharply. He would hate to see their efforts go to waste, but at the same time they knew it wasn’t going to be easy. 

“Do you think it will work? I mean, Hoseok looked so upset. I have never seen him like that before.” Jimin raised the question. Jungkook wished that Yoongi’s plan worked or they’d have to start from scratch. 

“I’m not sure, but we have to try. They might not talk at all in the beginning, but eventually they’ll start talking. Or they might surprise us and talk it out tonight. We just never know until we see them come out.” Yoongi explained. 

“True,” Jungkook and Taehyung said in unison. 

The room became quiet. They were probably trying to focus on hearing any sudden noises that could come from the room where Hoseok and Namjoon were. 

However, the hour passed and nothing happened. No shouts. No arguments. Nothing. 

“Well, I guess I better uncuff them. Don’t feel discouraged. We have many more opportunities left.” Yoongi told the group. Jungkook wondered if it were possible. 

He knew it wasn’t going to be easy, especially with all they had found out from Namjoon. Even if they solved the problems between Hoseok and Namjoon, there was still Jinnie left to bring into the conversation.

A lot of things were going through his mind as he saw the mated couple come to their view. Neither of them said a word. Only the puffiness in their eyes and the tears that lingered on them were proof enough that they had both cried. 

At least it wasn’t all in vain. Jungkook thought, looking for any signs of progression from them. 

Jungkook wondered what being mated was like. He felt guilty for thinking about such a thing when he was happily in a relationship with Taehyung. It wasn’t fair, but the thought wouldn’t leave his mind.

The room became less stuffed up with negative energy now that Hoseok and Namjoon had a moment to be in private but it wasn’t enough to shake off the feeling that something wasn’t right. 

Yet, Jungkook didn’t know what, so he decided to shove his concerning thoughts to the back of his mind, at least until he knew what was wrong. Jungkook was just happy that Hoseok and Namjoon had a chance to interact. 

Notes:

What do you think will happen next?

Let me know in the comments and look forward to the next chapter.

 

Twitter
CuriousCat

Chapter 16: Defying One's Inner Wolf

Summary:

The smell of burnt wood that came from his Alpha father deeply penetrated the air. When he was younger it was a scent that made him feel happy, but now Taehyung’s heart shuttered, feeling scared for his life and security. What the hell was he doing here, out of all places? He had a home - his home with Jungkook - so how did he end up in this hellhole all over again?

Notes:

I didn’t plan on taking a long time to update this story but I’m finally back with a new chapter.

Life hasn’t been the best for me but I hope everyone likes how the story is progressing

I look forward to reading your comments

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung was currently in his childhood home. The sun had already set and it was one of those days that felt like nothing could go wrong. He was in the middle of having dinner with his parents, all three of them engrossed in finishing their meal. He wondered how he got here because he knew there was no way his parents had forgotten about his actions or that he wasn’t their ideal son; especially his Alpha father who was strict with following the norms of society - whatever that meant - and making sure that he wasn’t going against the moon goddess’s wishes. Taehyung looked for any clue to help him identify the reason he was there and not with his lover Jungkook, but it was in vain. No matter how much he peeked around the room, all signs pointed to indeed being in his parent's house. His Omega father’s fancy curtains were hung up on the windows, reminding him of how perfect they wanted him to be; the ones he used to brag about to his friends for some odd reason, as if wealth and materialistic things meant the world. 

The smell of burnt wood that came from his Alpha father deeply penetrated the air. When he was younger it was a scent that made him feel happy, but now Taehyung’s heart shuttered, feeling scared for his life and security. What the hell was he doing here, out of all places? He had a home - his home with Jungkook - so how did he end up in this hellhole all over again?

“So Taehyung, we’ve found the perfect mate for you. It’s my boss’s Omega daughter. She’s a beauty and a perfect fit for my Alpha son,” his Alpha father told him, and Taehyung just froze at the words he heard. Why did he need a new mate, an Omega at that, when he had Jungkook? His wonderful and lovely Alpha boyfriend was all Taehyung needed in his life. 

“B-but…” 

“No excuses. You’re going to mate with her and forget about that disgusting Alpha you claim to be so in love with. No child of mine is going to succumb to such perversion. Over my dead body!” 

“Why!? I love him!” Taehyung protested, standing up and slamming both hands on each side of the table, making his Omega father flinch at the sudden release of Alpha pheromones. 

“Sit down. NOW! Stop acting like a brat because you can’t get what you want. You’re mating with that Omega no matter what. My words are final!” 

“I won’t! I refuse to do what you want. It’s my life. I can do what the hell I want and that includes having Jungkook by my side.” 

“You think you're brave, acting like a tough Alpha when you’re just a pup. A disgusting, misbehaving pup. And what do we do with such children…?” his Alpha father rhetorically asked, putting his chopsticks down on the side of the plate as he glared at Taehyung. 

“G-get rid of them?” his Omega father added, tears falling down his face. Suddenly, Taehyung could feel the danger in the air. All of the hair on his body was standing up and his Alpha senses were signaling him to run, to get away from his parents as soon as possible. Yet, his body had become paralyzed by the intense hatred coming from his parents, making him stay still, despite all of his efforts. 

“Exactly!” was all he heard from his Alpha father and the next thing he knew, Taehyung was seeing the ceiling. His Alpha father had jumped from his chair to where Taehyung was standing, slamming him to the floor, knocking the air out of him and making him feel like he was choking. Technically, he was since his father had both hands wrapped around Taehyung’s neck and was yelling at him, telling Taehyung that he was sickening for liking the same sub-gender, that he had brought only shame to the family. 

No matter how much he protested, Taehyung couldn’t get his father’s hands away from his neck. He could feel himself losing air and his instincts told him to fight harder or he would die. But no matter how much he struggled, it all came to a point where he couldn’t fight back. No matter how much he wanted. 

As he was losing consciousness, Taehyung thought of Jungkook, the best thing that had happened in his life. He thought of Yoongi, his closest friend and family. And he thought of Jimin, his new best friend. Why was life so cruel to him when all Taehyung wanted to do was to live happily with the ones he loved? Why was he born into a family that was so discriminatory and rejected his true self? 

Falling deeper into the darkness of his mind, Taehyung thought that maybe his death was for the best. At least he got to meet Jungkook because he’d rather die feeling happy that he found someone he loved rather than mate with an Omega he didn’t feel any attraction for...

Taehyung opened his eyes wide in shock as he gasped for air. His body was covered in sweat and shaking in fear. Panicking at the thought of his Alpha father choking him, Taehyung placed his trembling hands on his neck, letting out a sigh of relief knowing that there wasn’t anything there. He looked around and realized that he was in his room, in the apartment he shared with Yoongi, and not in his parents home. 

“What the fuck,” he whispered to himself, trying to process everything that he had dreamed because it was definitely a dream. He kept telling himself that his parents had no idea where he lived after he moved to Seoul for college. Yoongi's parents even promised him they wouldn’t tell them for his safety. So far, they had kept their word. 

Taehyung couldn’t believe he’d had a nightmare, and with his parents, no less. Childhood memories flashed before his eyes as he thought about what his life would be like if he’d decided to do what his parents wanted and mate an Omega instead of following what his heart desired. However, his nightmare was too realistic for his liking. His parents yelling at him, rejecting him, for who he was - a gay Alpha. Especially the notion that his Alpha father would try to kill him and his Omega father would condone such behavior. 

Placing a hand over his heart, trying to control his feelings of anger and sadness, he closed his eyes. Taehyung thought of why he had been having so many nightmares lately. This wasn’t the first one, nor the last. The only reason this dream stood out to him the most was because his parents actually acted on their hatred towards him and tried to get rid of him, even if it was all a dream; a part of his imagination. The feelings of betrayal still hurt him like nothing else. What did he do to have such parents? What did he do to still be haunted by their narrow-minded ideas? 

He believed that the fears from his past had been revisiting him recently due to the ongoing meetups with Namjoon and Hoseok. It was the only logical explanation he could think of and it made sense. 

Ever since they’d been going to those sessions to help the mated pair, Taehyung had felt like he was a failure of an Alpha. He wasn’t sure why he felt like this, especially now. Taehyung was certain of his sexuality and which sub-gender he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. 

He had no idea what it was, but the thought of finding his soulmate scared him. He knew he was gay, there was no ounce of possibility of him ever mating or falling in love with an Omega but he also was realistic. Taehyung knew it was easier said than done. He saw how a forced bond could easily happen - Namjoon and Hoseok were the biggest example - be it willingly or not. 

Most importantly, he instantly thought of Jungkook, his lovely boyfriend. After a lot of struggles and obstacles they’d had to face, it would break his heart to lose someone he cared about due to their instincts of mating. Taehyung knew he had self control, but there was always a possibility that his will would falter. Regardless of his feelings, Taehyung knew he was stronger than destiny; even if his mate appeared in front of him, he’d never listen to his inner wolf. Never. 

————-

It had been two months since the weekly meetings started to help the mated pair in their relationship at Yoongi and Taehyung’s apartment. Taehyung found it intriguing how effective Yoongi’s plan had been. He didn’t think it would work in their favor, but here they were, weeks later, and Hoseok and Namjoon were making some progress. 

However, his friends journey to reconcile wasn’t easy nor painless. Taehyung remembered clearly how brutal the second week they’d had their meeting had gone. Jinnie wasn’t included in their gathering like always and Taehyung felt bad for the childhood friend, but there was nothing he could do about it. He had to respect Hoseok’s wishes first, even though he didn’t find it fair. Despite never meeting Jinnie, he sympathized with him because if he were in his shoes, Taehyung would also like to be part of the conversation with Hoseok and Namjoon. 

The second meeting started out like always. Yoongi had brought the mated couple to the same room as last time, making sure they were both handcuffed. His friend had concluded that it was still too early to have them roaming around free in the room without their emotions calming down. It could lead to physical violence and that was the last thing they wanted to happen. Plus, it was their second time facing each other, so necessary measures had to be implemented. 

Just like the first session, the first twenty minutes into their seclusion was spent in silence. Taehyung was sitting next to Jungkook, who was anxiously bouncing his leg up and down, trying to stay attentive to any sudden noise that came from the room. Taehyung wondered how Namjoon and Hoseok were able to withstand being in the same area? If such a situation were to happen to him, he’d run away, even if their bond would become severely affected. He'd rather suffer an agony that deep than be forced to conform to a bond that meant nothing to him. 

“Do you think this is going to work? I mean, what if they never talk to each other? It would be like nothing happened and all of the time they spent inside will have been in vain?” Jimin voiced out with a worried tone. His friend was sitting next to Yoongi who had his arm slung over Jimin’s shoulder, trying to bring some source of comfort. They were all worried about the outcome of the second meeting. Taehyung knew feelings couldn’t be changed overnight, or in a matter of days. Their mated friends had a long way to go in their process of forgiving each other, and all they needed to do as their friends was to wait patiently; something that was hard to do. 

Another ten minutes passed and the silent environment became unbearable; and then Taehyung was startled by a sudden yell.

“I FUCKING HATE YOU! I HATE YOU SO MUCH! IT’S YOUR FAULT THAT WE ARE IN THIS MESS AND…,” they all heard Hoseok shouting, a sound so painful that it left them speechless. 

“Oh shit, it’s happening. What do we do?” Taehyung asked, worried about a lot of things and glancing around the room for an answer. What if they break the handcuffs? Surely their wolf instincts could make it happen, and if they did break free, the situation could get dangerous. 

“We do nothing,” Yoongi told them, but it wasn’t a sufficient answer for the rest of them, at least not for Taehyung. In a matter of seconds, a simple verbal argument could lead to a serious and physical encounter. Alpha versus Omega, everyone knew the outcome. 

“What do you mean we do nothing!? They could kill each other!” Jungkook spoke up, standing and ready to walk to the bedroom to stop whatever was happening inside.

“Stop it Jungkook, sit back down. I know we don’t want anything bad to happen to them but we need to give them time and space. It’s the reason why they’re handcuffed, so they can yell and scream out all of their bundled up emotions. I have faith that they won’t try to hurt each other. Their bond is so strong that there is no way their inner wolves would allow that to happen.” 

“How do you know?” Jungkook questioned, looking at the direction of the door as more yelling came from the room. Taehyung understood his boyfriend’s feelings. Yoongi was risking a lot by not intervening at all. Yet, at the same time he had heard that one’s inner wolf would try everything in their power to stop the human side of itself from hurting its mate. He hoped that was the case in this situation. 

“YOU FUCKED UP MY LIFE. A LIFE THAT NOW I DESPISE WITH ALL OF MY HEART. I DON’T LOVE YOU. I DON’T LOVE YOU. I LOVE…” they all heard, followed by electrifying cries coming from Hoseok. Taehyung could feel the raw emotions coming out of his friend. He could feel the pain and hatred that Hoseok had towards Namjoon. It wasn’t easy to be hearing words that were so disruptive and damaging. Taehyung couldn’t imagine how much Namjoon was holding himself back from replying to the one he loved. To be accused of ruining Hoseok’s life was too destructive for the poor Alpha’s soul, especially coming from his mate.    

Despite being worried about their friend’s fight inside the room, they all followed Yoongi’s advice and waited for the hour to be completed. Once that time period passed, Yoongi got up from the couch and went to uncuff the mated couple. Taehyung anxiously waited to see Hoseok’s physical state and just as he had thought, his friend’s condition wasn’t the best. His face showed signs of the many cries of anger, and resentment was plastered all over his face. On the other hand, Namjoon looked like he had gone through the worst catastrophes of his life; purely devastated. Taehyung really hoped these sessions weren’t in vain or they were only torturing them. 

After that second session, the next ones that followed were the same; just Hoseok yelling and letting out all of his frustrations on Namjoon while the Alpha remained quiet, or at least that was what they all thought since Namjoon’s voice was never heard in the living room. 

Overtime, Taehyung noticed that the atmosphere between Namjoon and Hoseok started to change after each passing session. Even though Taehyung didn’t know the true content of the conversations that were going on behind closed doors, it was enough to see the tense aura between the mated couple start to subside. 

Weeks had passed since that second meeting and now, they were all spread throughout the living room waiting for the summary of what was happening between Hoseok and Namjoon. It had become a common routine for them to get an update from Hoseok and Namjoon as the pair wanted them to be part of the healing process. 

So far, Namjoon had just stated that things between Hoseok and him were okay - which Taehyung hoped was true -  and that they shouldn’t worry about them. However, to everyone’s surprise this time the mated couple had another update for them. 

“Umm, Hoseok and I have talked...well, mostly him yelling but we have made up our minds and we need your help.” Namjoon spoke up, getting the attention of everyone in the room. 

‘What is it?” Taehyung asked, not really sure what was going through their minds. A lot of different scenarios went through Taehyung's head, like if they were going to terminate the bond even though it would scar their inner wolves for life and they would be unable to mate with someone else. Or were they going to make it work out between them even if their human side rejected the idea of being together? The second option was the best outcome to Taehyung as it would prevent unnecessary and unhappy events. 

“W-we want to… we want to give our relationship a chance to grow. There is a lot that we haven’t talked about and it’s too soon even to bring it to light... just yet, but we want to give each other a chance…” Hoseok added, looking down at the floor, evading any type of eye contact. Taehyung wanted to ask Hoseok a lot of questions, but he held himself back from doing so because he knew that it was a sensitive topic to talk about at the moment. If Hoseok and Namjoon wanted to move forward with their bond, then it meant that some kind of mutual understanding had been reached while they were in Yoongi’s room. He couldn’t believe his friend’s plan actually worked, and now the mated couple were thinking of fixing their relationship. A smile crept up on his face as he looked at Namjoon and Hoseok. If their bond was getting better, soon they’d be able to bring Jinnie to their meetings. He hoped that was the case. 

“But we don’t know how to do that. Everything is still too raw that we are afraid of overstepping each other’s boundaries and messing up the relationship again.” Namjoon confessed, looking exhausted and Taehyung couldn’t blame him for feeling such a way. Taehyung was lucky he had such an understanding boyfriend and that despite their initial problems, they now had good communication with each other. If one of them had a concern or a struggle with their relationship, they'd talk it through until it was solved. Jungkook and he both agreed to never keep secrets from each other and to talk if they had an issue that could affect their relationship because together they would try to solve it. 

“Well, why don’t you guys start from scratch? You know, remind yourselves why you became friends and how much fun it is to be in each other’s company. I suggest you both hang out - go to the movies, eat dinner, go over each other’s house, etc. - nothing romantic. I believe that by doing that, you will both realize your true feelings and it will help with your bond.” Jimin suggested, gently smiling at Hoseok and Namjoon. Yoongi immediately nodded his head in agreement and backed up Jimin’s idea. Taehyung didn’t find the plan to be as simple as Jimin made it out to be because he still didn’t understand the whole concept of being bonded with the opposite sub-gender. Although, the whole point of it wasn’t about satisfying the inner wolves of Hoseok and Namjoon, but trying to mend the broken bond between them, their human side. 

“I agree with Jimin. It doesn’t have to involve anything romantic. Just texting and reminding each other why your friendship is so precious is enough to start patching up your relationship,” Jungkook said. Taehyung immediately agreed to the idea being proposed, despite his concerns about it. 

“Then, we’ll do that. For now…,” Namjoon stated, glancing at Hoseok whose gaze never left the floor. Taehyung really wanted to know how much of their actions were led by their bond and a desire to satisfy their inner wolves, but he knew it was insensitive of him to ask them. 

After talking about a few more troubles Hoseok and Namjoon had about their next step in fixing their relationship, everyone agreed that the couple was going to start as friends until they were able to remind themselves why they cared about each other. It was a good plan that they all were certain was going to work to some extent. Still, Taehyung was concerned about Jinnie and how the other Omega would play a role in the situation, but Taehyung knew it was still too soon to bring another person into the picture when Hoseok and Namjoon weren’t even sure of what to do with their newly formed bond. Taehyung was just satisfied that his friends were making some progress in their relationship. 

After that meeting, Taehyung realized that he needed some time to relax and forget about the stress caused by his friends. Without him noticing, he had let Namjoon and Hoseok's problems interfere with his own life to the point that Taehyung was having nightmares. He needed some time to care for himself and focus on his life instead of others, so he texted Jungkook that night knowing that his boyfriend would agree with him. 

Taehyung: Kookie 🥺🥺

Jungkook: Yes, Tae 

Taehyung: Let’s go out on a date this weekend? We haven't been spending time together 

Taehyung: and I miss you 😔😔😔

Jungkook: I miss you too and okay. I have the weekend off 

Jungkook: What do you want to do? 

Taehyung: Hmm, anything you want...as long as I spend some time with you ☺️

Jungkook: 😳😳 How about a movie and I saw an advertisement for a fair near campus.

Taehyung: Sounds good! Can’t wait to see you 

Jungkook: But we saw each other today

Taehyung: You know what I mean. I can’t wait to spend some time together… you know, with my adorable and handsome boyfriend 

Jungkook: I know. I know 😳

Taehyung: Cute 🥺🥺

Taehyung put his phone on his nightstand and plugged it to the charger, then he went to take a shower. It had been a long and tiring day. The only comfort he got that made him feel less stressed was the fact that he had Jungkook by his side. Taehyung wasn’t sure why the bond between Namjoon and Hoseok was affecting him more than he wanted it to. They were his friends and he wanted what was best for them, but their bond scared him. Plus, the idea of finding his mate never stopped lingering in his mind, but he decided to shove his feelings aside and focus on his date with Jungkook. Spending some alone time with his boyfriend should help Taehyung reassure himself that there was nothing he should worry about; that the bond he had with Jungkook was stronger than any mating bond. 

Two days passed in a flash and Taehyung was waiting for Jungkook at the meeting place they decided on. Since he woke up, Taehyung had been feeling an uneasiness in his guts. He wasn’t sure what it was or why it was happening, but he shoved those negative thoughts away as he stood in front of Smeraldo Cafe. He couldn’t wait to spend some quality time with his boyfriend and forget about everything. His thoughts were interrupted when he got a text from Jungkook telling him that he was going to be late and to meet him in front of the theater instead of their original meeting spot. 

Taehyung immediately replied and shoved his phone in his pocket, starting to walk in the direction of the train station that would take him to where the movie theater was located. 

Despite having a lot of insecurities about his emotional state of mind lately, Taehyung was optimistic that spending time with Jungkook would be enough to reassure him that his life was perfect. He didn’t need anything else to prove that he was happy - not a mating bond, an Omega... or anything at all. For now, he would forget about the idea of ever meeting his fated mate, Namjoon and Hoseok’s bond, and the hatred that his parents had towards him for being himself. 

——————-

If Seokjin ever told others of his decision regarding the  relationship he had with Daniel, they would say he was ignorant and stupid. The notion that he was too naive to believe the words the Alpha was telling him only proved the point. A part of Seokjin knew in his heart the truth. Daniel didn’t see him as anything more than just a tool - a helpless Omega who was destined to stay at home and take care of their pups - but he decided to ignore it for the sake of having some source of comfort. Seokjin knew he was more than the stereotype of an Omega, but the recent events with his best friends blinded him from walking away from the toxic relationship. Or, more like it made him act irrationally in believing that he’d rather be in an unhealthy relationship than try to make up with his friends. 

He supposed it would have been more beneficial for him to keep insisting on Hoseok and Namjoon to have a talk with him, but no, Seokjin did the opposite and went to Daniel and fell for his trap, or at least it felt like it. Daniel had approached him when he was at his weakest point, when his life wasn’t the best. 

Seokjin knew Daniel’s words were lies; empty words that meant nothing, but what else was he supposed to do? When the people he cared about the most were ignoring him as if he were some kind of an eyesore. 

It was a difficult decision - to accept Daniel once again in his life - but Seokjin decided to be Daniel’s friend. Seokjin even made sure to clarify that he wasn’t ready to return to their old relationship - dating - or take their bond beyond one of a friendship. The Alpha ultimately agreed with him, and both decided to start as buddies. 

Seokjin still remembered seeing the dissatisfactory look on Daniel’s eyes as he told him, a gaze so intense that it made his skin crawl. The Omega inside of him begged Seokjin to run; to not be an idiot and be in the presence of such an Alpha. However, his mind did the contrary and stayed. In his mind, Seokjin thought that maybe he would change his mind in the future and mate with Daniel like he originally wanted. A deep part of Seokjin knew he wouldn’t, that his brain was playing tricks on him and he was being optimistic that his encounters with Daniel were going to find him the warmth of a home that he so desperately needed at the moment...at least until he patch things up with his childhood friends. 

And with that mindset, two months passed in a blind of an eye. On days Seokjin didn’t have class or work, he would go over to Daniel's house and spend time with the Alpha. He would even stay over for dinner, which included the presence of Yuna…creepy and frightening Yuna. No matter how much Seokjin tried to accept Daniel’s sister, it was futile. There wasn’t a moment that Yuna would take her eyes off Seokjin whenever she was in the same room as him and it made him feel uncomfortable. There were many times Seokjin wanted to walk out and go to the comfort of his home - the apartment he shared with Hoseok - but he also knew that there wasn’t anyone who would welcome him there. 

Hoseok wouldn’t come out of his room unless it was to go to his classes, his job, or meeting with the rest of the guys for their weekly meetings. Which left Seokjin with no other choice but to deal with Yuna’s constant gazes. 

Besides, being with Daniel and withstanding her presence during dinner was better than eating by himself. It still didn’t stop the Omega inside of him from being scared of Yuna. He wasn’t sure what it was about her, or if he was overthinking, but her existence made Seokjin’s skin crawl with a fear so deep that it had him questioning his decisions about his friendship with Daniel. 

Ignoring the Omega inside of him, Seokjin kept going to Daniel’s house with the hope that his solitary life would be all over. Daniel, on the other hand, tried his best to satisfy Seokjin’s every need, from picking him up after class to taking him out on the weekends. At first, Seokjin didn’t mind the Alpha’s attempt to court him again, but it got to the point where his efforts began to annoy Seokjin.  

From the moment Seokjin got out of class, Daniel would be there with a smile on his face greeting him. Then, they’d eat lunch or dinner - depending on the time - and finally, walk home together. It felt suffocating to him and Seokjin knew Daniel’s efforts had to stop before he gave the Alpha false hope; expectations that they’d return to their previous lifestyle, when it wasn’t true. 

Seokjin was currently in his house with only the emptiness of the apartment surrounding him. Just like had been happening lately, he stayed in complete silence, only the sound of the pages of his books turning every few minutes could be heard. It was Wednesday or Thursday - Seokjin had lost track of time lately - but he was certain it was the day Hoseok had his weekly meeting with Namjoon and the rest of the guys. Despite being positive that their relationship would return to normal, Seokjin felt hopeless. How much time would it take for him to finally join their talks? A week? A month? A year? Never. 

He knew it was useless to have such thoughts and he wanted to stay hopeful that his friendship with Hoseok and Namjoon would get better, but the idea that his relationship with them meant nothing was eating at his heart. 

Shaking off his negative emotions, Seokjin focused on eating his meal while catching up on his school work. It was lunchtime and although he wasn’t feeling hungry, Seokjin decided to eat a light meal or he’d suffer from stomach pain later that day. 

A classic salad with the leftover dinner from the night before was all he ate as he looked over the notes from one of his classes. 

It was one of his days off, and usually he would go over to Daniel’s apartment and hang out for a couple of hours, however today he didn’t feel like going anywhere as things with Hoseok and Namjoon haven't gotten any better and Seokjin wanted to spend some time by himself in hopes of thinking of a way to get his friends to stop ignoring him. 

All this time, Hoseok and Namjoon didn’t want to talk with him, and it pained Seokjin so much. What happened to the lifelong friendship they all shared? Was it all gone now that they were mated? He wished that wasn’t the case. 

The only reason he knew of their process was due to Jimin. Even if his friends didn’t talk with him, he still knew they were getting along and he only wanted the best for them. His conversations with Jimin were at least once a week with some source of text messages every other day asking about his friends. 

Seokjin would tell the younger Omega to take care of his friends. He wasn’t sure if he would grant his wish, but Seokjin was hopeful that Jimin and the rest of his circle of friends taking care of them would only want the best. 

After lunch and a few more hours of studying, Seokjin went to sleep wondering if he would ever get back to how it used to be with his childhood friends - before he got his heat and Hoseok and Namjoon mated. It was a sad sensation of feeling alone and useless that made him cry himself to sleep that night.

The next morning Seokjin went to his classes with the excitement that his day ended at noon. However, as he was in the middle of class, Daniel texted him to ask if they could go for lunch this coming weekend before his weekend class started. The idea of seeing Daniel annoyed him and he was determined to reject him. 

Seokjin: What’s the occasion? You know I have to do a lot of stuff before my weekend class

Daniel: I’m sorry Omega, but I got something to tell you and I thought I could do it over lunch 

Seokjin: What is it? 

Daniel: It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you over text messages 

Seokjin: True

Seokjin: Fine but remember that my class starts at three and I don’t want to be late 

Daniel: I promise you won’t be late. Can’t wait to see you 🥰

Seokjin read and set his phone aside. Letting out a deep sigh and trying to pay attention to his lecture, Seokjin wondered if it was a good idea to spend so much time with someone who only cared about appearances and was so self-centered.  

——————-

Spending most of the day with Daniel had become Seokjin’s new norm. When he would wake up, he would see an unread message from the Alpha wishing him a good morning. Between his classes Daniel would either call him or show up in-person in attempts of convincing him to hang out after class which Seokjin would always agree to. 

His life had become so unfulfilling that Seokjin wasn’t sure he would survive. Did he really like Daniel that much to spend day after day with him; both stuck like glue for who knew how long? Probably not. 

He was currently on his way to a small cafe near campus with Daniel. Like he had agreed to, the Alpha had invited Seokjin to lunch with the intentions of telling him something important before he attended his only weekend class that started later that evening.  As he walked, Seokjin wondered how much longer he could handle being away from his friends. How much longer he could take being with Daniel without feeling the darkness and the void in his heart consuming him? One of the main reasons for these thoughts was that the Alpha had become more possessive despite Seokjin agreeing to be nothing but friends. He was more demanding in their relationship of friendship and Seokjin didn’t like it. Daniel would glare at anyone who would even glance up at him, making him feel uncomfortable. If they were nothing more than friends - at least for Seokjin - why was Daniel acting like they were a couple? He found it pointless to think about it because no matter how much he wanted to stay away from Daniel, the Alpha was all he had at the moment. The closest thing he could call a home. 

“Oh Omega, before I forget Yuna wanted to talk with us.” Daniel interrupted his thoughts. Seokjin glanced over at his “friend” and raised an eyebrow. Yuna? Was this lunch all about Yuna? Daniel’s sister wanted to speak with them? It was surprising to him because she was someone whom he didn’t want to associate himself with. 

“When? And about what?” 

“I’m not sure what she wants to tell us, but I’m thinking we can arrange another day to meet up. I’ll talk with her. All she said was that it was important and that it will leave you speechless.” Daniel laughed recalling his sister’s words. Seokjin wondered what it could be. Maybe she was going to move out of her shared apartment with Daniel? The chances of that happening were slim but Seokjin wished it was true. He hated Yuna as she made him feel uncomfortable to be around. 

He was so deep in his thoughts that he ignored all of the following words Daniel kept telling him. Seokjin should feel like an asshole at his behavior, but at this point he didn’t care. All he wanted to happen was for his time with Daniel to be over so he could go to his class and then back home, or more like the place he wished felt like home, his shared apartment with Hoseok. 

As they approached the cafe where Daniel had suggested they have lunch, the scent of pine trees filled the air. The smell was so intoxicating that it was making every inch of Seokjin’s body jump with excitement. 

But why? he thought to himself. How could a smell evoke such emotions? Was it a way to escape from the presence of Daniel? He hoped so. 

Seokjin desperately looked around to try to find the source of the scent and as they walked closer to their destination, he saw the most beautiful Alpha he had ever seen standing at the side of the sidewalk looking at his phone. Seokjin wasn’t sure what made him have such thoughts but a deep part of his heart felt a sense of tranquility.  As if the Alpha was supposed to take him away from the misery of being with Daniel. As if the Alpha was his Prince Charming. 

The sound of a low growl coming next to him and the painful sting on his right arm snapped him out from his deep thinking. 

“Stay right here, Omega,” Daniel said to him, shoving his body aside so hard that it made Seokjin almost lose his balance and stumbled back. All Seokjin saw as he regained control of his body was Daniel’s back as he sped up to the Alpha whose calming aura never left Seokjin’s mind. The unknown Alpha’s eyes now were flashing red - from what Seokjin could tell - and he was glaring at someone. Then, Seokjin realized it was towards Daniel, by the sound of the fiercely loud growl coming from them. 

“Bastard!” was all Daniel said, leaving Seokjin confused. The sound of punches hitting different parts of their bodies could be heard and as the unknown Alpha hit Daniel on the face - causing Daniel to stumble back a few steps - Seokjin locked eyes with the beautiful Alpha for the first time. In that moment, he felt like time had stopped and nothing else in the world mattered. Was he going insane? Seokjin had never been so mesmerized by someone’s gaze to the point of wanting more. So much more than he could ever have imagined. 

A part of Seokjin wanted to stop the fight. It wasn’t in his nature to see two people hurting each other, but at the same time, he knew Daniel deserved it for attacking the unknown Alpha first. 

However, as much as he wanted to keep watching Daniel suffer in pain for having such a shitty personality, Seokjin knew he couldn’t let the fight continue any further. Not because of Daniel but because a fight near campus could get them all in trouble. Seokjin was in his last year before he graduated so a suspension on his record could be damaging to his future. 

Without thinking twice about it, Seokjin ran up to Daniel. It was challenging to get a hold of a moving body, but he managed to get a grip on Daniel’s shirt. Still, the fast movements of the Alpha made it futile to take a good grasp of it. Everything was happening so fast that trying to stop the quarreling by himself felt like it was hopeless. 

Daniel now had the unknown Alpha by the shirt, yet Seokjin could feel their gaze on him. It wasn’t a bad thing, but it made him feel a weird tingling sensation - an impression that he was in good hands if something were to happen to him. 

Seokjin tried one last time to break them off by pulling Daniel by the back of his waist, but Daniel wasn’t conscious of his surroundings and slammed his hands into his ribs, making him wince and fall to the ground. The pain rippled across Seokjin’s chest and he felt the wind being knocked out of him as he fell. Everything became fuzzy and he trembled at a sudden pain in his wrist. 

He tried to get up but the sharp pain on his body left him motionless. Why did this happen? All he wanted to do was help all of them out before they got in trouble. His chest felt like it was being squeezed in half and a pressure so intense that Seokjin wasn’t able to breathe properly. 

“Are you okay?” Someone asked him. By the sound of the voice, he knew it wasn’t Daniel. The voice he heard was low and husky and it left him mesmerized; a captivating sound that was melting all of Seokjin’s pain away. 

“Yeah, I’m...I think I’m fine,” he shyly replied, trying to get up but failing to do so. The pain in his wrist and chest didn’t let him get back on his feet. Seokjin wondered what happened to Daniel. Did the unknown Alpha knock him out? He wished that was the case because after the way he treated Seokjin, it was the minimum it could happen to him. 

“But you can’t even get up. He pushed you down, is there anything that hurts? Do you have any cuts or bruises.”

“No, I’m fine.” Seokjin just stared at the Alpha, who was kneeling down next to him trying to help him out. The Omega inside of him was starting to feel restless. He wasn’t sure what it was, but in a strange way he felt safe. He felt a peace so deep that if the Alpha somehow told him to go with him for whatever reason - anywhere - he wouldn't hesitate to go at all. 

Seokjin touched his right arm and flinched by the sudden burning sensation. He concluded that he had hurt himself as he fell down and from the looks of it, his knee also had some bruises as Seokjin saw some blood dripping down where his pants had ripped off. 

“Let go of my Omega!” was all he heard as Daniel desperately yelled, trying to hit the kind Alpha. 

The unknown Alpha quickly found himself standing up ready to take Daniel’s attack. 

Coward , Seokjin thought. Only a weakling would attack another person from the back or when they weren’t looking. 

The worst part was that Daniel desperately tried to hit with the unknown Alpha on his face, neglecting Seokjin’s condition. Daniel didn’t care about him, all he cared was about his stupid Alpha pride.

“He’s not your property, so stop talking as if he’s yours. Can’t you see he’s injured?” the unknown Alpha stated blocking Daniel with both hands, trying to shield Seokjin who was still unable to stand up. The following words that came out of Daniel didn’t surprise him at all. It was crystal clear that Daniel only cared about keeping up with his image of the tough Alpha and neglect an injured Omega - or anyone for that mattered. 

“I don’t care, just get away from him. He’s mine, my Omega!”  Daniel shouted, moving his hand forward ready to take the other Alpha down, who instantly dodge to the left and avoided his punch. 

In a way, Seokjin found Daniel’s embarrassing face hilarious as he stumbled forward and then backward when his punch didn’t meet the surface he wanted. Taking the opportunity from Daniel’s vulnerable moment, the kind Alpha hit a blow to the pit of Daniel’s stomach, knocking him down to the ground. However, this time, from the looks of it, Daniel was semi-conscious and barely moving. The way Seokjin didn’t feel an ounce of pity or sense of worry for him told him that the tiny bit of feelings Seokjin had for Daniel had vanished. 

This is it, heh? Seokjin thought, as he looked at Daniel’s body a few inches away from him. 

Without caring about Daniel, the Alpha picked Seokjin off the ground and took him away in bridal style. To say Seokjin was embarrassed was an understatement, he was beyond mortified at the sudden actions. Sensations of gratitude for the Alpha arose from the bottom of his heart. He wanted to thank them and asked for their name but there was something stopping him from doing so. Seokjin wasn’t sure what it was, but he decided to wait until they were able to talk properly; in the meantime he’d enjoy being in the warmth and safe arms of a sweet and caring man. 

Seokjin rested his head on the Alpha’s shoulder and placed his hands around the neck of his savior while closing his eyes, trying not to fall into a deep slumber. The burning sensation on his knee combined with the ache in his body was making him feel shaky. He wasn’t sure what would have happened to him if Daniel had used all of his force when he slammed him down. As much as he wanted to believe that his body was strong for an Omega, there was a possibility that he could have been badly injured. Maybe it was better not to think about such an outcome. He should be grateful that he only got small bruises from the fight, and that there was someone who was kind enough to help him. What was going through his head when he decided to stop a fight between two Alphas? Now that he thought about it, his actions were very stupid and dangerous. Hoseok and Namjoon would surely scold him for acting irresponsible and for getting himself in such a risky situation. 

A sudden movement woke Seokjin up and brought him to the scene in front of him. He was sitting down on top of a table in one of the many empty classrooms of the University. The room looked familiar to him. Maybe he took a class there in the past, but Seokjin wasn’t sure.

More importantly, when did he pass out? What were they doing there? Where was the kind Alpha? 

Then, a deep and husky voice finally registered in his brain and although it startled at first, once Seokjin blinked for a few times, the worried face of his rescuer was all he saw. 

“W-what?” he said, confused and his body feeling sore. 

“I said, can you stand up. Do you think you’ll be able to get back home?”

“Umm, I’m not sure. Ouch! Ah!” Seokjin groaned as he tried to stand up but the pain in his wrist as he put pressure on it to move his body combined with the pain in his knee became too difficult for him to stand up. He lost his balance and was about to fall forward when the Alpha helped him up by placing one hand on his shoulder and the other around his waist. 

“Hey! Take it easy. Please, sit back down,” the Alpha said, helping him sit down without causing Seokjin any discomfort. Charmed by such kind actions, Seokjin once again thought that he’d follow the Alpha anywhere, even if they were taking him to hell. Seokjin was probably going crazy for having such thoughts, but the Alpha in front of him made him feel such a strong sensation that it left him wanting more. 

“Hmm, wait right here. Don’t move. I have to make a quick call and I’ll be back.” 

“Okay,” Seokjin said as he saw the Alpha rush out of the classroom, the scent of pine trees filling up the room. 

“Woah! H-he’s so handsome. Sheesh, Seokjin get a hold of yourself,” he whispered to himself, feeling his face heat up at the thought of the handsome Alpha. 

After five minutes, Seokjin heard the door of the classroom open, and into his view came the Alpha who looked stressed out and sad. Seokjin wondered what was wrong but first, he needed to make sure this wouldn’t be their first and last encounter. 

He was usually shy about asking anyone out or initiating any of it, but despite being hurt and in pain, the Omega inside of him was jumping with joy. 

“Sorry about that...just had to take care of some things. Anyways, let me see your injuries. Ah, your knee is still bleeding! We need to disinfect it before you get an infection.”

“B-but we don’t have a first aid kit,” Seokjin said, feeling nervous at the idea of bleeding out. He wished that it wouldn’t lead to an infection like the Alpha said, or worse, getting a fever. Seokjin had to go to work and had classes to attend, and him getting sick was out of the question. 

“Hmm, do you live nearby? Or maybe I can go to the pharmacy and get us some supplies?” 

“I- I think the pharmacy will be best. By the time I get to my house, it’ll probably bleed out.” 

“Okay. Ah, give me your number.” Seokjin suddenly heard, shocked by what he just heard. 

“W-what?” 

“Give me your number so I can call you in case I don’t find what I’m looking for or if you get worse.” 

Seokjin reached for his cross bag, and took out his phone, his hands trembling at such a simple action. His goal was to keep in contact with the kind Alpha and having his number was a huge achievement. 

“Okay, got it. Umm, sorry but what’s your name?” 

“Seokjin. Kim Seokjin.” he confidently said, a weak smile on his face as he tried to contain his pain.

“It’s a late introduction, but nice to meet you Seokjin, my name is Kim Taehyung. I’ll be right back and call me if you need me to come back, okay?” 

“Nice meeting you and I will. Umm, thank you...for everything.” Seokjin said, getting a smile from Taehyung, his hero, his savior. He watched as Taehyung left the classroom and gently closed the door. Seokjin sat quietly and waited for the Alpha, wishing he would come back quickly. Despite being hurt, missing his afternoon class, and struggling to get back home from the University, Seokjin felt a sense of tranquility. The Omega inside of him felt safe and content with being near this unfamiliar Alpha. He wasn’t sure what this sensation could be and he didn’t question it. Abruptly, and to much of Seokjin’s surprise, everything hit him like a bucket of water - mate. This person was his true mate. Smiling to himself, Seokjin wondered if Taehyung also felt that pool of energy as much as he did. Maybe the Moon Goddess hadn’t forgotten about him as he thought, and now his true destiny was about to unfold.

Notes:

Let me know you thoughts and what you think will happen next

 

Twitter
CuriousCat

Chapter 17: A Familiar Face

Summary:

The first few minutes of their meal was spent in silence except for the small quarreling between Yuna and Daniel, probably trying to make the atmosphere less uncomfortable for Seokjin. It was so awkward that Seokjin couldn’t even eat his food. What was the point of gathering them together if they were going to get side tracked? He wished dinner was over.

Notes:

I’m finally back with another chapter. I’m so excited to read your reactions because we are moving in the direction to the scene that made me want to write this fic 😆😆😆

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

If someone had told Seokjin a few months ago that meeting Daniel was going to be his worst nightmare, he wouldn't have believed it. Thinking back, Seokjin was a fool, a self-centered idiot, for believing that someone who only wanted him for his sub-gender would ever make him happy or respect him for who he was - a brilliant and intelligent man. Now that he had met his true mate, his soulmate as some called it, Seokjin was more than determined to end every bit of connection he had with Daniel. Seokjin still couldn’t believe that Taehyung was his fated mate, and to think he thought it was Daniel... Just the idea made him laugh now and hated himself for all the time he wasted on such an useless Alpha. 

After his encounter with his true Alpha, Seokjin couldn’t get Taehyung out of his head. The beautiful Alpha had him mesmerized like nothing before, and he wanted more, so much more that it was driving him insane. How could Seokjin have fallen so deep in love with someone he barely knew? The idea of love at first sight was only an illusion - Daniel was a big example of it - but this time was different. As soon as he had locked eyes with Taehyung, all time had become still. He could feel his heart beating and every single part of his body trembling in excitement as he tried to grasp what was happening to him. It was an electric shock that brought him back to reality as he drowned into the scent of pine trees. 

From that moment, Seokjin dreamt of Taehyung. He imagined them mating, getting a house, building a family and spending the rest of their lives together. A true dream. His dreams were silly, nothing but his pure imagination. However, it was those ideas that kept him going, despite him feeling like the looniest man in the world. Seokjin wanted to keep in touch with Taehyung and not end their small connection with small talk, but Seokjin felt scared. What if the Alpha rejected him? The Omega inside of him whimpered in sadness at the idea. Then, Seokjin thought it was best to just get over his fears and text him, asking if they could meet up. Still, would Taehyung meet up with him? An unknown Omega. He probably thought Seokjin was in a relationship with Daniel. Anyone would mistake them for a couple, despite Seokjin's Alpha-like appearance. 

Seokjin's thoughts about Taehyung, finding his true mate, and Daniel were driving him crazy. He just didn't know what to do. Resigning to his indecisive thoughts, Seokjin went on with his day- to-day lifestyle. Yet, no matter how much he tried to avoid meeting up with Daniel after everything that happened, it was inevitable. The Alpha was too persistent and Seokjin was an idiot. And now, Seokjin was on his way to Daniel’s house to have dinner with the pair of Alpha twins.  

Everything had started the day after the fight, Daniel had contacted Seokjin early in the morning to apologize to him, telling him that he didn’t mean any of the words he had said or the actions he had done that he was led by emotions. Seokjin knew that there wasn’t any excuse in the world for what he did to him — shoving him, which had led to Seokjin getting hurt. He could still feel the sore muscles on his body and the bruises on his knees aching. Daniel's actions weren't forgettable and he should feel ashamed of himself for even asking for an apology to Seokjin when, in reality, the Alpha should have been more careful and not act on impulse. What did Taehyung even do to Daniel for him to act like a barbaric beast? The ideas flowing in Seokjin's mind were endless. He knew how terrible Daniel's personality was, so much that it surprised him how popular the Alpha was around campus. If he had known of Daniel's true self, Seokjin would have never even dared glance at such a bastard. 

For someone who clearly knew of Daniel's true colors, Seokjin was really dumb for accepting the Alpha's insincere apology. A part of Seokjin told him to stop pretending that he was going to find happiness with someone like Daniel, but his desperation for companionship persuaded him to act irrationally. It even went to the extent of him keeping his promise to Yuna of meeting up for dinner, as she wanted to announce something important to them. Thus, after Daniel apologized to Seokjin, he was invited to their house for a special dinner, and like a mindless doll, he went after taking a long shower. Seokjin didn't feel well at all and his body was telling him to rest. He wouldn't even be surprised if he had a fever from all the stress he had been going through in the last twenty-four hours. However, he had already agreed to go over for dinner, so he took some painkillers, changed the dressing on his bruised leg and went out the door. His destination was Daniel's house, where he hoped time passed fast so he could return back to his bed and rest like he had promised himself to do. 

Once he arrived at the residency of the two Alphas, Seokjin instantly felt a sense of danger. Maybe it was his imagination or the events that had happened with Taehyung, but he didn't feel comfortable anymore - being near Daniel - and he wanted to get away. In his heart, Seokjin knew it was the right decision to make, yet all he did was send the letter “S'' to the group chat with Hoseok and Namjoon, knowing it was useless as they probably had him muted or blocked. All he wanted was someone to tell him, scream at him, that he needed to go back home and rest, but at the same time, Seokjin knew in his heart that there wasn't anyone who cared about his well being anymore. Hoseok had Namjoon and vice versa, while Seokjin had nobody. 

As he tried to control his emotions and get the courage to ring the doorbell, Seokjin sent another message to the group chat, in hope that his friends would see it. 

Seokjin: Hoseok...Namjoon… you were right… 

Seokjin wrote as his hands trembled by admitting that he was a foolish Omega for falling for the sweet words of an Alpha that was nothing but a bastard. Even if his friends were never going to respond, Seokjin felt happy that he was honest with them and hoped that his words could help open up the path to help them all reconcile. He missed his friends so much that the idea of never seeing them again or hearing their smoothing voices scared him to death.  

Despite being terrified of losing his friends and feeling uncomfortable about entering Daniel’s home, Seokjin closed his eyes and with trembling hands he gathered all of his courage to ring the doorbell. After a few seconds, to his view came Daniel, smiling at Seokjin as if the incident from yesterday hadn't happened. How was the Alpha able to recover from his injuries so quickly? Was it his Alpha genes that had contributed to his recovery? It probably was the case, but Seokjin also remembered that Taehyung was defending himself, with no ill intentions of causing any physical wounds to Daniel. Seokjin supposed it was for the best that no one got severely injured. Now he had to focus on getting back home as soon as possible. The more he stayed at Daniel‘s house the more suffocated Seokjin felt. 

“Come in, Omega. We were waiting for you.” Daniel said, and Seokjin felt disappointed by the lack of sympathy from him. What was he expecting? For Daniel to carry him inside like he was the Moon Goddess herself? He knew Daniel didn’t care about him and that it was due to the Alpha’s selfishness that Seokjin got hurt. The way Daniel was acting made Seokjin want to laugh, but at the same time he felt a sense of hatred towards himself for falling for someone so ruthless. 

After he was guided inside the house, Seokjin sat down on the couch and waited for whatever Yuna had planned. By the decorations in the living room and the noise coming from the kitchen, the announcement she was going to make was significantly important. 

What could it be? A new job? Seokjin thought to himself. He just hoped that whatever it was it wouldn’t interfere too much with his personal life. Seokjin wanted to stay away from the pair of twin Alphas from now on and the less reasons he had to go over their place the better. 

“Beautiful Omega, why’re you so quiet? Are you still worried about my brother being hurt? Just leave him alone. He barely got any scratches.” Yuna told Seokjin, sitting next to him as Daniel remained in the kitchen. The pheromones coming out of Yuna made Seokjin feel sick. A scent he at some point liked due to his feelings for Daniel had become more and more unbearable to him. The smell of freshly cut grass had become too toxic and only made him feel scared. 

“It’s...nothing.” Seokjin answered. Yuna was staring at him like she wanted to ask him something else, but she decided to remain quiet. 

“Ah okay, but a pretty little thing like you shouldn’t have such a sour face, so try to cheer up. You look even more beautiful when you smile.”  

“Dinner is ready!!” Seokjin heard Daniel shout, giving him a chance to avoid answering Yuna’s statement. In a way, was she worried about him? It was strange and new to hear such kind words coming out of her mouth. Seokjin decided to not dwell on her behavior, as it didn’t take away from the notion that Yuna made him feel uncomfortable. He got up from the couch and joined Daniel who had the table ready to start their dinner. 

The first few minutes of their meal was spent in silence except for the small quarreling between Yuna and Daniel, probably trying to make the atmosphere less uncomfortable for Seokjin. It was so awkward that Seokjin couldn’t even eat his food. What was the point of gathering them together if they were going to get side tracked? He wished dinner was over. However, his uncomfortable sensation got to the point where Seokjin’s quiet behavior was noticed by Daniel and Yuna. Thus, forcing her to announce the news that had her jumping with excitement. 

“So, I have important news to tell you both.” Yuna broke the silence and declared openly as they were eating. 

“Sheesh, what is it? Tell us already?” Daniel said, irritation in his voice. Seokjin just stared at Yuna as she rolled her eyes at Daniel‘s words and looked directly at Seokjin. 

“Well, you see... I’m dating someone. A beautiful Omega named Moon Byul. She’s so adorable and I want you to meet her.” she nonchalantly said, eating a bit of her food. 

“W-what?! No way!! How did you meet her?” Daniel asked her, or more like shouted, while Seokjin tried to contain his feelings of surprise. He was beyond shocked; He couldn’t believe Yuna had an Omega girlfriend. Maybe having Yuna dating another Omega would stop her weird behavior around him. He hoped so. Then he remembered that this could be his opportunity to distance himself from the siblings. Yes, he had to find a way to stop coming over so often, for his own sake. 

In the end, Yuna stated that she wanted to arrange a double date - Daniel, Seokjin, Yuna and her girlfriend. She wanted Daniel and Seokjin to meet the new love of her life. So they planned to go on a date at the amusement park. Seokjin was hesitant about agreeing to such a commitment because it meant spending more time with Daniel and that was the last thing he wanted to do. He wanted to ask Hoseok and Namjoon what they thought about it, knowing his friends would tell him to refuse. However, they were still angry at him - didn’t even reply to his messages - and with no other choice left, Seokjin agreed to the double date despite not wanting to go. 

In a blink of an eye, the day of his double date came, and now Seokjin was waiting with the siblings for the arrival of Yuna’s new girlfriend. Seokjin was feeling anxious about meeting the said Omega. If Yuna had taken a liking to her, it must be because she was a beauty. 

Ten minutes passed, and the scent of a citrus fruit filled the air. 

“Byul!!! Over here!” Yuna shouted, waving her hands as a beautiful woman walked in their direction. 

“Wow, she’s pretty.” Seokjin whispered to himself. He was so impressed by her beautiful features. Were Omegas always these pretty? Then he thought of Jimin and Yoongi and how pretty they were. Seokjin could never relate. He was always mistaken for an Alpha and only attracted Omegas. A ugly Omega with no qualifications to redeem his Alpha-like appearance. 

“Byul, this is my brother Daniel and his...Umm...and our beautiful Omega friend.” Yuna said, glancing over to Daniel whose attitude instantly changed as soon as Seokjin was announced as their friend. It was true, anyway, so he didn’t understand why the Alpha was angry. Both Daniel and Yuna knew about their boundaries and their bond as only friends. Seokjin couldn’t help but wonder why Daniel was acting like they were ever going to be more than friends. By the way Daniel had been acting around Seokjin lately, he was certain in his heart that they would never be more than friends. The romantic relationship they had in the past was history and now all Seokjin had to do was get the courage to part ways with him. Being friends with Daniel didn’t lead to anything good - Seokjin getting hurt was a good example. 

“Nice to meet you, Byul.” he said, extending his hand for a handshake. Byul’s hands felt soft and in many ways he envied her for having so many visible Omega features. The petite figure, soft skin, small hands, everything an Omega should be and that Seokjin would never have. 

After the awkward introductions - at least for Seokjin - they all went ahead to purchase the tickets for the amusement park. While the others were distracted, Seokjin sent another “S” message to the group chat, and like always, got no response. He wondered how long it would take for Hoseok and Namjoon to forgive him. He knew his mistake of going into heat was unforgivable since it had led to the force bonding between the two of them, but Seokjin wanted to apologize, even if he was never forgiven. Trying not to think of his friends, Seokjin shoved his phone into his bag and went on with his plans, not bothering to wait for the reply that he knew would never come. 

His time with Daniel, Yuna and Byul went as expected - uncomfortable and with no sense of a close relationship. No matter how much he tried to focus on having fun - he did love rollercoasters - Seokjin was having trouble concentrating. All he could think about was his friends, Taehyung and how much he wanted to see him again. 

Finally, after hours of walking around and much to Seokjin’s relief, it was time for them to have lunch. Seokjin wasn’t very hungry and wanted to go back home. At least he would be at the comfort of his house where he could forget about all of his problems. Daniel and Yuna had started to talk about the duty of an Alpha - he wasn’t sure how the conversation had started - but it was making Seokjin uneasy so he excused himself with the pretext of going to the bathroom. 

He needed to find a way to get away from Daniel and his sister. The fake atmosphere was making him sick. How could he ever forget the way he’d been treated by the Alpha and how instead of protecting him, Daniel went berserk and neglected Seokjin? He cursed at himself for even believing that a crazy bastard like him was going to make him happy. 

After using the bathroom, still deep in thoughts about his life and the idea of being alone in the world,  Seokjin walked back to the table. However, a warm light shone on his dark world and made him notice the one person he wanted to see - Taehyung. 

A few tables down in the back of the cafeteria where Seokjin was standing was Taehyung, but he wasn’t alone. Next to him was a beautiful Alpha. Seokjin concluded it was his friend, from the relaxed atmosphere between them. He knew it was fate that they were able to meet once again and at such a busy time and place. Seokjin wanted to walk up to Taehyung, chat with him and spend some time together. However, as he gathered his courage to walk to the pair of friends, a hand on his shoulders startled him. 

“You know them?” Byul asked him, surprising Seokjin by the sudden voice and question. Seokjin just stared at the closeness of Taehyung and the said friend and in many ways envied them for having a good time. Unlike him who wanted nothing but to go back home. 

“Ah, um… just the one with the short hair.” he hesitantly answered, not sure why Byul was curious about them. He could sense a harsh undertone in her voice as she asked him and wondered if she knew Taehyung or the other Alpha. 

“Why? You know them?” he added. 

“Not the one you know, but the other one. The one with black clothes. He...he’s my ex.” 

“Oh…WHAT!?” Seokjin shouted, shocked by the idea of Byul seeing her ex boyfriend in an amusement park out of all places. Byul just smiled at him and winked before she walked back to their table, where she immediately clung to Yuna. 

Seokjin wasn’t sure what to think about what Byul had just told him, but her past relationships didn’t matter to him. Her confession did, however, eliminate all the determination he had gathered to walk up to Taehyung. For now, he decided to go back to join the people he had come with and wished for time to move fast. Still in his mind, Seokjin was determined to meet up with Taehyung at least one more time. He needed to confirm that his feelings weren’t false and that they were indeed fated mates, and even if he got rejected, at least he'd have given it a shot. 

———

The rest of the time at the amusement park felt like a long and unpleasant dream. Seokjin didn’t remember what time he got home or what they even did after he saw Taehyung. All that was on his mind was how he was going to tell Taehyung that he wanted to meet up with him. He regretted not talking with him earlier that day but that was an action Seokjin couldn’t help. If he were braver, more outgoing, it would have been another story. That night, Seokjin took a shower and went to bed, determined to text Taehyung instead of calling as it would be less awkward for them and make him confident. 

The next morning came and Seokjin woke up still resolved to text Taehyung. He hadn't even washed up yet and was still in bed, feeling sleepy and with bad bed hair. However, he was more than motivated to start a conversation with Taehyung. As he held his phone and stared at Taehyung’s name, Seokjin started to type away his message in hopes that he’d succeed. It was still early in the morning so he didn’t expect a reply from Taehyung any time soon. 

Seokjin: Hi, I’m the Omega you saved the other day. It’s Seokjin. I wanted to ask if you could meet up with me. I want to personally thank you for all you have done. 

Seokjin sent. His hands trembling and his heart beating fast in his chest that he wasn’t sure what to do with himself. Now that he sent the message, all he had to do was wait. He wasn’t sure how long it would take to get a reply but waiting and hoping for the best was all he could do at the moment. As he was about to close the messenger app, he saw three dots popping up indicating that his wait was about to be over. He nervously stared at the dots as they disappeared and reappeared on his screen. The anticipation was killing him, but at least he didn’t have to wait long to know the answer. 

Taehyung: Hi Seokjin. There is no need to thank me. I was glad to have helped you out. Plus, that Alpha was a jerk for the way he treated you. 

“You’re fucking right!” Seokjin said out loud as he read Taehyung’s message. He couldn’t believe an outsider was able to notice the truth about Daniel in mere minutes while it took him months to realize such things. Was he that blinded by the idea of having a heat partner? Or was it the thought that Daniel was his true mate that kept him away from seeing the truth? He wasn’t sure, but Seokjin was glad to have finally seen Daniel’s true colors. 

He instantly thought of Hoseok and Namjoon and how he owed them an apology, because now he understood that they were only trying to protect him. His friends were so supportive of him despite his wrong actions and yet, he was being a jerk towards them. Now, all he wanted to do was make up with them and tell them all about Daniel and how selfish and egotistical he was. Not dwelling on his past, Seokjin kept reading Taehyung’s text messages. 

Taehyung: You should dump him.

Taehyung: Sorry, that was so out of line. I shouldn’t have said that…

Seokjin: It’s okay. I agree with you. Besides, he’s not my boyfriend...he’s more like a friend.

Seokjin wanted to let Taehyung know from the beginning that he had no other connection to Daniel other than friendship. Even that relationship was soon to be over because he was going to stay away from Daniel and Yuna. 

Taehyung: That’s good to hear 🙏 

Seokjin noticed that Taehyung was not replying back anymore and that their conversation was not going in the direction he wanted. Why talk about Daniel when they could talk about themselves? He needed to shift the chat to his advantage. Seokjin needed to see Taehyung again. He had to confirm this sensation of attraction he had towards the Alpha. He had to, for his own sake.  

Seokjin: Enough about Daniel (that’s his name by the way)...what do you think about my invitation? Let me treat you to dinner. I really want to thank you...please 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

He didn’t want to come out as being too persistent and force the Alpha to see him, but he had this feeling that they were meant to be. That this sensation wasn’t part of his imagination like it was with Daniel. Maybe he was coming off too strong about meeting up but this was his only chance, which is why he was shocked by the response he got. 

Taehyung: Fine. Only because you asked me with those puppy eyes 🥺 reminds me of someone I know lol 

Taehyung: I’m free tomorrow, if that’s okay with you 

Seokjin: That's fine with me. See ya tomorrow 😊😊😊

Taehyung: See ya 😊

Seokjin read the text messages. He couldn’t believe he had a date with Taehyung. His heart was beating so fast that he wasn’t sure he would be able to go to sleep tonight. 

As he reread the words he had exchanged with Taehyung, excited about his date, Seokjin remembered that he had made plans with Jimin too, but thinking about it, it shouldn’t clash. He was going to meet with Jimin early in the morning while his date with Taehyung was in the afternoon. 

Seokjin bolted out of bed and got ready for the day. He needed to get a lot of work done if he wanted to have no distractions tomorrow for his two big meet ups. The Omega inside of him was excited to see Taehyung but the human side of him was nervous. What if he got rejected? Or worse, what if Taehyung wasn’t his true mate and he was blinded by emotions like he had been with Daniel? Either way, Seokjin needed to be strong and face the truth.  

Seokjin’s meet up with Jimin finally arrived. They were going to have brunch at a restaurant near Seokjin’s apartment, giving him plenty of time to go back home and get ready for his date with Taehyung. Seokjin had arrived earlier than planned, so he got a table for two and waited for his friend. He wondered what Jimin wanted to tell him. Probably about Hoseok and Namjoon, it was all they ever talked about recently. He hoped it was good news and that soon he’d be able to interact with them.

The restaurant was full, with waves of voices echoing in the small place, making Seokjin feel relaxed by the noise. He wasn’t too fond of crowded places but today he found it calming, as if the people were cheering on him for the date he had with Taehyung. 

Ten minutes later, Jimin came in looking flustered, as if he had run all the way there. Despite looking tired and out of breath, the young Omega looked breathtaking. No wonder Seokjin could feel stares coming in their direction just a few seconds before he saw his friend in his field of view. Jimin was a handsome and beautiful man that had the whole room captivated by his looks.

“S-sorry I’m late. We got stuck in traffic.” Jimin apologized, taking a seat while the waiter placed a glass of water on the table. 

“It’s okay. No worries. I didn’t wait long.” 

“Oh, good.” Jimin said, getting comfortable in his seat and looking at the menu. Seokjin just stared in awe at the beautiful Omega in front of him and wondered how someone could be so perfect; a masterpiece that left everyone mesmerized. 

“How’s Yoongi? I haven’t seen him in a long time. How’s he doing?” he asked, trying to start a conversation with Jimin. He had a feeling that whatever his friend had to say was related to Hoseok and Namjoon but he wanted to delay his words, even if only by a few minutes. What if it was something bad? Or his friends didn’t want to see him ever again? The thought only pained his heart and he wasn’t ready to hear anything about it at the moment. 

Seokjin thought about asking Jimin for advice about Daniel and even tell him the good news about Taehyung, but something inside him told Seokjin to not say a word. At least not yet. 

“He’s fine, busy with work and school. You know the typical college lifestyle. He’s thinking of applying for a new internship but he’s not sure yet. He says he doesn’t qualify for it but I tell him that he should still apply. It’s impossible to have all of those qualifications at such a young age, so it doesn’t hurt to try, you know?” 

“That’s true. My advisor told me the same thing. He said I should start looking at agencies that are looking for talent. I know I’m starting late in the game since many people start looking for acting roles early on. However, I wanted to make sure I was certain of my choice. Being an aspiring actor is not an easy career, it could go nowhere if you don’t have luck and talent.” 

“Exactly! It’s all about gambling and trying it out.” Jimin said, smiling at Seokjin. The nervousness in his mind was still present, but he decided to shove it away thinking he was overreacting to everything. This was Jimin after all, the Omega would never cause him any discomfort or pain. 

“Yeah…Anyways, I don’t want to waste your time cause I know you're busy, but we need to talk.” 

“Huh? Talk about what?” 

“You see Jinnie, I’m going to go straight to the point. I want you to stay away from Hoseok’s apartment for the time being. Namjoon and Hoseok’s relationship is on a very thin line and your presence will only make it worse. They want to be able to hang out at Hoseok’s place without worrying about you showing up out of nowhere.” 

“W-what? How could you ask me something like that? Where the hell am I supposed to go? It’s my house too! Why should I stay out of it? I am Hoseok’s roommate, and you expect me to leave my own apartment...where I pay half of the rent and utilities?! That’s ridiculous! Hoseok is already avoiding me like I’m a plague and now I’m supposed to erase my existence altogether?!” Seokjin exclaimed, looking at Jimin, who was nonchalantly looking through the menu as if he hadn’t just told him the worst thing in the world. How could Jimin expect him to get out of his own apartment? Where was he supposed to go when he had no one to rely on?

“That’s easy. You could temporarily go live with your Alpha, Daniel. Problem solved. Besides, it’s only for a short period of time. Just enough for Hoseok and Namjoon to get back to a healthy standpoint...at least enough time for them to be able to have you in their presence without hurting their feelings. Seokjin...I know the truth. I know that Hoseok is in love with you. He told me the other day and everything clicked. Like why Hoseok reacted the way he did when he mated with Namjoon, the isolation, and most importantly, why he doesn’t want to see you. I know it’s not fair for you. I understand and it hurts me to ask you for something so selfish on my part, but think of it as helping them out. Just for a little bit.” 

Seokjin started at Jimin in disbelief. He couldn’t help but wonder if this was some kind of punishment from the moon goddess for being so stupid. How was he supposed to tell Jimin that he wasn’t in any kind of relationship with Daniel? That the Alpha had been making Seokjin feel uncomfortable to the point where he wasn’t sure what to do? He supposed telling Jimin about Daniel would be the smart thing to do, but would the younger Omega even care? Were they even friends to begin with? All Seokjin understood was that he was no longer needed and that his childhood friends had other people who they could rely on while he remained alone and drowning in his own misery. Seokjin was so deep in his thoughts that he failed to register that Jimin knew about Hoseok’s feelings for him. 

Seokjin just sat there motionless, not really sure what to say. The last bit of hope he had in his heart of his life returning back to normal had all been shattered in a matter of seconds. Jimin had a pity look on his face as he kept talking to him about his reasons why Seokjin should stay out of his shared apartment with Hoseok and let the mated couple have their own space. Seokjin knew that all of this wasn’t fair...was this what his life had come to - alone and with no friends?

He wanted to cry and yell at Jimin but he wasn’t sure what to say to him, or if letting his anger out on the younger would help because, at the end of the day, Seokjin cared more about his friends than his own life. He didn’t want to cause any inconvenience to them with his presence, even though he knew in his heart that it wasn’t fair. No matter how much Seokjin’s existence bothered them, they shouldn’t exclude him like that. 

“Fine...give me a few days to figure out what I’m going to do, okay?” 

“Thank you Seokjin. I really mean it. I was going to ask you to stay over at my place but Hoseok sometimes comes over and you know…” Jimin told him, gently grabbing Seokjin’s hands and looking at him with sadness in his eyes. He wasn’t sure how to interpret Jimin’s face. Was he being pitied? Probably. He hated the feeling so much. Now, Seokjin had to figure out where he was going to live for the next few days...or was it weeks? He wasn’t sure how long it would take for his friends to strengthen their bond and finally accept him into their lives once again. 

Seokjin supposed staying at a hotel for the time being sounded like a better alternative than asking Daniel for help. He’d rather be homeless than ask the Alpha for support. 

He weakly smiled at Jimin, who proceeded to call for the waiter and order their meals. At this point, Seokjin wasn’t hungry and wanted to go home. The best day of his life had turned into a disaster. How was he supposed to enjoy his time with Taehyung later today when all he had in mind was that he needed to pack his bags and leave his apartment?

He didn’t want to cancel his meeting with the kind Alpha but his heart wasn’t in the right place anymore. As he tried to control his emotions, Seokjin wasn’t sure of his future anymore, but one thing he was certain about was that he was all alone. 

——————————

Taehyung shoved his phone into his bag and glanced around for the nearest bus stop. Jungkook had just told him that he was late and to head to their meeting place instead of waiting for him near the campus’s cafeteria like they had originally planned. He couldn’t help but feel the anticipation of seeing his boyfriend as Taehyung wanted to forget about his nightmares. It bothered him how much he had been thinking of his past. A moment of his life where he wished to never return to. His parents were so toxic and unhealthy to be around with and he was thankful for Yoongi and his family for helping him all these years. They even treated him as part of their family and provided the support that his parents failed to deliver and neglected. 

Glancing around to locate the nearest crosswalk, Taehyung stopped on his tracks when an instinct of alert flared up within him by the smell of a familiar scent -  an odor so unpleasant that it only made him boil in anger. 

Immediately, he seeked out the source of his discomfort only to be met with two men walking in his direction. Yet, his attention instantly went straight to the beautiful and tall Omega that was accompanying the Alpha whose scent made him want to puke.  

As the two of men approached Taehyung, the smell of strawberries overtook his every being. Never had he felt such a strong sense of desperation in his life but the way his Alpha was restless made him even more anxious. Why was he feeling this way? What could this mean? Taehyung asked himself so many questions but never got an answer. 

Yet, as soon as Taehyung’s eyes met with the Omega, he felt an unexplained sensation so deep inside of him that caught him off guard. 

His Alpha kept screaming at him that finally, after so many years, they had found their mate. The strong desire to mark the Omega standing in front of him as his before he was taken away by the other Alpha crossed his mind. 

Taehyung’s heart was pounding very fast in his chest and his body was paralazed on the spot. There was no way this was happening to him. After telling himself many times that he would never be led by instinct whenever he met his destined mate, he was drawn to that beautiful Omega. What happened to his firm idea that there was nothing he should worry about when meeting his mate? Yet, right now in front of him was the Omega that could single-handedly destroy his whole life in a matter of seconds. 

Taehyung’s mouth felt dry and he could barely process everything that was happening. The only feeling that was going through his heart was that he had just seen the prettiest Omega in his life, and it was such a strong sensation that he knew he was going to go insane. 

Fighting against his primal instinct to mate was harder than Taehyung had imagined. It wasn’t easy to hold himself back while seeing his destined Omega being neglected and abused by an unknown Alpha. Still, he tried to get back to his senses as he fought with the Alpha, but nothing worked. Instead, it only made his inner wolf more restless than before. Especially when he witnessed the other Alpha shove his Omega down to the hard and concrete ground, causing them to get hurt. For a second Taehyung lost all sense of rationale and his mind went blank. His impulse to protect his destined mate grew stronger than before leaving him no room to think of the consequences of his actions. 

Taehyung supposed he should feel ashamed of himself for acting like a wild animal but at that moment he knew his inner wolf was stronger than he had initially thought. There was no way to go against the wishes of the moon goddess, no matter how much it went against what his heart desired. 

After saving the Omega, Taehyung cared for his wounds. He knew it was idiotic of him to help the Omega when he should be getting away from him as fast as possible. There was no point in associating himself with him or Taehyung knew it would not lead to anything good. However, he couldn’t leave a scared and hurt Omega out in the middle of the sidewalk, especially knowing it was none other than his fated mate. 

So Taehyung tended to the wounds, cancelled his date with Jungkook and even exchanged numbers with him. Taehyung was surely going insane. By having his number and name, he had a connection to Seokjin - his fated mate. He felt guilty for acting so reckless when he had a boyfriend who meant the world to him. Still, Taehyung couldn’t fight this urge to protect and care for someone that he had such a deep connection with. An invisible bond that was never going to go away. 

Taehyung knew he should keep away from Seokjin, but that pull of energy in his heart wasn’t helping. He knew he should forget about everything that happened and never tell Jungkook. It was best to keep this secret hidden, despite having promised to tell each other everything. Taehyung knew he could never forget about Seokjin now that he had met him and in a desperation to stop the connection he had created to grow even stronger, he deleted his number once he got home, erasing all the traces left behind by the pretty Omega. At least that was his intention. 

———

Meeting Seokjin was a nightmare. Taehyung couldn’t believe he had met his fated mate. Was that the reason why he kept having so many nightmares? Were they a sign that he was going to meet him? Still, remembering the moment he exchanged glances with Seokjin always made him feel scared. It was like everything happened so fast and before he knew it, his whole body felt a strong sense of guilt and an electrical shock that wouldn’t go away. 

Even though he erased any means of communication between them, Taehyung felt restless. He wanted to talk with Seokjin and explain to them that they could never be anything but strangers. He wasn’t going to risk his relationship with Jungkook for someone he had no sexual attraction to. 

Why was the moon goddess being so cruel to him? When it was evident that Taehyung was gay and no matter how much he tried to control his feelings, he could only be attracted to other Alphas?

Besides, he had Jungkook, the love of his life, and he would fight with all of his heart to stay with him. No destiny was going to get in his way of being happy with his boyfriend. 

As much as he wanted to keep dwelling on his encounter with Seokjin, and think of a solution to his problems, right now Taehyung needed to focus on the situation in front of him. 

It was the day when they would have their weekly meeting with Hoseok and Namjoon. The mated couple were currently locked in the room, no longer handcuffed since they all considered the bond between them to be more stable. Yoongi wanted to still have them cuffed up but after a unanimous decision, it was agreed that it was no longer necessary. 

As they waited for the hour to be over, Taehyung sat next to Jimin as Yoongi and Jungkook talked about random things. He would be lying to himself if he didn’t admit he felt a sense of guilt by keeping such an important encounter as meeting his fated mate from not only Jungkook but the rest of his friends whom he considered family. However, he couldn’t help but want to handle it by himself and in total secrecy. Jungkook didn't need to know of his weak mindset and his sense of attraction for an unknown Omega. 

Taehyung tried to act like normal, as if nothing had happened. He sat quietly on the couch and waited for the meeting to be over. He couldn’t wait to go to his room after the meeting and try to figure out how to solve this crisis. What if he met Seokjin again? Surely the moon goddess would make it happen if they were destined to be mates. 

Despite his efforts to keep a neutral expression, from the corner of his eyes he could feel Yoongi stare at him from time to time. Did his friend know about his encounter with Seokjin? He couldn’t. No one knew who this Seokjin person was or that he was Taehyung’s mate. The only reason he suspected of Yoongi was that his friend had stopped Taehyung and asked him where he was coming from when he came home that night after taking care of Seokjin. His friend had asked if Taehyung was okay because he looked stressed and Taehyung had answered that he was fine and went straight to his room. 

After that, he tried to avoid being alone with Yoongi for longer than necessary, just enough for his friend not to ask him any questions. 

He couldn’t help but feel anxious about his secret and wished he could confide in someone but Taehyung knew that it would only cause unnecessary problems. 

His thoughts were interrupted when Yoongi announced that it was time to let Namjoon and Hoseok out of the room and conclude their meeting by hearing their concerns. Taehyung watched with relief as Yoongi got up from the chair and walked to the door. He needed to talk with Yoongi and reassured his friend that everything was okay, but that was a conversation for later. 

The discussion with the mated couple went smoothly and faster than he imagined. They talked about how they wanted to spend more time together after hanging out but both were afraid of bumping into Jinnie, so they went to Namjoon’s apartment. 

Listening to Namjoon and Hoseok talk about their insecurities made Taehyung feel annoyed. He found the decision to avoid Jinnie to be cowardly and insensitive. How could they be so cruel to him when they have been friends since childhood. Wasn’t it time to patch things up with him? Taehyung couldn’t understand what was going through their minds and wished that they could come back to their senses. It wasn’t fair that Jinnie was treated like some kind of a virus. If he were Jinnie, Taehyung would have confronted them a long time ago. However, he knew he couldn’t stop others from making irrational actions and remained quiet about the matter. 

In conclusion, Jimin advised them to keep their current routine and that he’d think of something to help them with their situation. Taehyung rolled his eyes at them because he knew what the answer to their problem was, but also knew that the mated couple were not going to listen to his suggestions. They were both wrapped up in their little bubble that they were failing to see that their actions could have greater consequences. 

Taehyung was gathering the dishes on the table and cleaning up the mess they had created while the rest of them wrapped up the meeting when Jungkook came up behind him and slid his arms around Taehyung’s waist. 

“I missed you.” Jungkook whispered in his ear, sending a pleasurable chill down his spine. Taehyung smiled as he leaned back against Jungkook’s touch and let himself relax. This feeling, the love he had for Jungkook was all he needed to have in his life and he wasn’t going to allow anyone - not even his fated mate - take it away from him. 

“Miss you too...although we just talked last night, hahaha!” 

“But it’s not the same. I miss hugging you and touching you. Talking on the phone can never replace that.” 

“That’s true.” Taehyung said, walking to the kitchen and placing the dirty dishes he had gathered in the dishwasher while Jungkook never stopped hugging him, clinging to him like a leech. 

“Why do you say we try it again?” 

“Huh? Try what? Ooh you mean the sex toys from last time?” Taehyung smirked, feeling Jungkook grip onto his waist even tighter. The last time they had sex, Jungkook had suggested trying different sex toys to help ease their pain when it came to penetration. His boyfriend had seen it on a website while he was looking for ways to help make the process less painful and more pleasurable for them. After talking it out, they decided to give it a try and Jungkook had volunteered to be the one to try it out first and in the end, their efforts were rewarding. They talked about repeating it but instead of Jungkook it’d be Taehyung but the opportunity never arrived. 

“NOO! Not that - although I don’t mind doing it again - but I’m talking about our date. My coworker gave me tickets to the amusement park and I wanted to ask if you wanna go.” 

“Ooh, I see. Yeah, I’d love to go. I feel bad for cancelling last minute but something came up and I had to go back to the university. You know, my photo exhibition is around the corner so I had to take care of some important details...” Taehyung said. He couldn’t believe the lies that were coming out of his mouth. Guilt overtook him as he said yes to their date and created a fake story about his cancellation. However, aside from all that, Taehyung couldn’t believe that he had met his fated mate and he was lying to Jungkook - his lovely boyfriend - about it. 

————

Waking up earlier than usual, Taehyung got ready for his date with Jungkook. He wanted to forget about all his problems - meeting his destined mate, lying to Jungkook and all of his insecurities. He looked at the mirror and parted his hair to the side, showing off some of his forehead. 

“Good. Jungkook is going to love it!” he said to himself looking for his cologne, spraying some on his wrists and rubbing them together before bringing them to the back of his ears. Taehyung had recently bought a new cologne for special occasions because it reminded him of home. Jungkook was his one and only special one and he wanted to surprise him by smelling wonderful. 

He looked at his watch and realized that he still had an hour left before their meeting time, but Taehyung was so excited to spend time with Jungkook he left for his destination a bit earlier after making sure he had everything. 

They were meeting in front of the train station, which was only three stops away from the amusement park. 

Taehyung was determined to make this date the best one of their lives. So, when he arrived, he put his phone on silent, only checking it once in a while until Jungkook got there. He didn’t want anyone disrupting his date with his boyfriend. 

Ten minutes later, Taehyung saw the beautiful outline of his Jungkook - tall and gorgeous.   

“Hey, sorry I’m late. I got the times mixed up and missed the bus so I had to wait for the next one.” Jungkook said, trying to catch his breath. Taehyung stared at his beautiful face and placed a kiss on his lips. A kiss that melted his heart away. 

“It’s okay. What matters is that you're here...with me. Let’s go wait for the train. It should be here in the next five minutes.” 

“M‘Kay.” Jungkook replied, blushing by the kiss they just shared. Taehyung found his boyfriend’s reaction to be adorable. He couldn’t help but want to make him blush even more, so he held his hand, and guided them down the train station. As they waited, he could feel the stares of strangers, a situation that happened frequently. It wasn’t new or uncommon for same-sub gender couples to display affection in public but there were still people who didn’t agree with their way of being. 

Taehyung and Jungkook didn’t bother to acknowledge their actions and continued being in their own little bubble. 

“So Jimin told me that he wants to meet up with Jinnie.” Jungkook told him. Taehyung wasn’t really sure if he wanted to talk about anything related to Namjoon and Hoseok. This was supposed to be a time only reserved for Jungkook and him. Whatever his other friends were doing would have to wait until tomorrow. However, Jungkook didn’t know that, so he followed along. 

“Oh I see. Why? Didn’t Namjoon and Hoseok want to keep their distance from him?” 

“I have no idea. That’s what I thought too but Jimin said he had to do something about their situation. Although I’m not sure what else he can do.” 

“I see. Still, he should stay out of it. I know he’s trying to help but he could make things worse.” 

“That’s what I told him but he wasn’t listening. I guess we’ll find out later what he had in mind.” 

“True.” Taehyung answered, noticing that the train was approaching. He held onto Jungkook’s hand until they found some seats and ended their conversation about Jimin and his meet up with Jinnie. Taehyung thought it was for the best. Right now all he wanted to do was devote his mind and body to Jungkook. 

“I heard they have a huge roller coaster. I hope there isn’t a big line for it.” Taehyung said, looking at Jungkook who stared at him with the biggest puppy eyes he’d seen. As if Taehyung had all the answers in the world. 

“Really?! I love roller coasters. I can’t wait to ride it!” 

“Me too, it’s going to be so much fun.” he excitedly responded, smiling ear to ear. 

He couldn’t believe that Jungkook was his boyfriend. The Alpha was so perfect and they had more in common than he had originally thought. The struggles they have faced so far and the ones they would face in the future, were not going to break them apart. Taehyung was going to make sure of it, even if he had to fight for their love. 

As they rode to the next station, Taehyung leaned his head on Jungkook’s shoulders and while still holding hands, he let himself relax to the touch of his boyfriend. He wanted to treasure every moment possible, and make his heart feel at ease. 

Once they got to the amusement park, time went by in a flash. They first decided to go for small rides where the line wasn’t long before they spent the rest of the day waiting for the bigger and more popular ones. 

“Tae! Let’s go there!” Jungkook pointed at the basketball game near the ball and bucket toss stand. Taehyung giggled at the way Jungkook was excited about the game. It wasn’t for the prize they would get if they were able to score but for the fun of it. This was one of the many reasons he loved Jungkook - for his simple ways of life and passion for everything. 

“Sure! You think you can beat me?” 

“I’ll show you.” Jungkook answered him and Taehyung watched as his boyfriend walked up to the person in charge and started to shoot away. In the end, Taehyung lost three out of five games they played while Jungkook won the most. 

“You owe me a kiss.” 

“W-What? Since when were we betting on who lost and won? If that was the case I would have put in more effort.” Taehyung laughed, seeing the pout on Jungkook’s face. It was adorable. Everything about his boyfriend was so cute that he couldn’t help but look at him fondly. 

“Since I won...hey! So you went easy on me? No fair!” 

“It is fair. You won and that’s why you get to receive your reward.” Taehyung said, placing his hands around Jungkook’s waist pulling his boyfriend closer and connecting their lips for a soft but passionate kiss. At that point, Taehyung lost himself in the moment that he wished would never end. Being able to kiss his Jungkook in public was a privilege that he would never take for granted. 

After that intimate moment, Taehyung and Jungkook decided to have lunch before waiting in line for the roller coasters that they wanted to ride and were the most popular. Walking around all morning had them both tired and starving. Having something in their stomachs and resting for a bit would give them the extra boost they needed. 

The amusement park’s cafeteria wasn’t as spacious as he imagined. There was a multitude of people walking from one direction to the other trying to get their meals from the many stands in the location. 

“So what do you want to eat?” Taehyung asked Jungkook as he held onto his hand. The place was crowded and Taehyung didn’t want either of them to get lost. 

“Hmm, I’m up for anything. How about that?” Jungkook pointed at a food stand that had a variety of foods - from fishcake (eomuk tang) to tteokbokki. 

“Sounds good!” 

After getting their meals, and finding an empty table in the crowded area, Taehyung and Jungkook were enjoying their food and chit chatting about anything. The time he was spending with his boyfriend was precious and he wouldn’t trade it for anything. This was all he wanted to do to reaffirm his feelings that he was in love with the Alpha in front of him and nothing - not even his fated mate - was going to interfere. 

————

The day Taehyung spent with Jungkook was perfect, but as much as he wanted to sleep over his boyfriend’s apartment, the assignments that waited for him at home prevented him from doing so. The end of the semester was approaching and his photo exhibition was in a month’s time. In his mind, Taehyung repeated to himself that he technically didn’t lie to Jungkook about their last cancelation. But he knew there was no use fooling himself when Taehyung knew that he was done selecting his photos. His professor had approved all of his images in advance and all that was left was for Taehyung to write a small description for each picture that would be included in a booklet that would be given out during the exhibition. 

It was a task that shouldn’t take too much of his time but he wanted to get it done with. 

Placing his bag on his bed, knowing he was all alone in his apartment since the lights were off when he walked in, Taehyung sat on his bed for a bit gathering his thoughts. 

Yoongi was most likely over Jimin’s apartment like always. He wished to be there but Taehyung needed to be alone and finish his work or else Jungkook would know he was lying. The worries that were eating at his heart started to reappear and he hated it. 

“Argh!” he groaned in frustration thinking about Seokjin once again. Taehyung immediately ran to the bathroom in hopes that a warm shower would distract him from his thoughts, but it didn’t work. Instead, the scene in which he met Seokjin kept replaying in his mind. 

Turning off the shower handle and drying off his body and hair, Taehyung got dressed and grabbed his laptop. He had to stop wasting time with meaningless thoughts and get to work. 

The next morning came faster than he wanted, and he didn’t sleep at all. After finishing his assignment, Taehyung had spent all night thinking about Seokjin and how the Omega had captivated his heart. 

He hated to admit but Seokjin was beautiful, never had Taehyung seen such a pretty Omega in his life, even when he had Yoongi and Jimin as his friends who were good-looking Omegas too. 

Maybe he was being biased towards him because Seokjin was his fated mate, but Taehyung felt a sense of sadness for not being able to reciprocate their bond. 

Trying to forget about Seokjin for the nth time, Taehyung grabbed his phone to ask Jungkook if he made it home safely last night when a message from an unknown number caught his attention. 

Seokjin: Hi, I’m the Omega you saved the other day. It’s Seokjin. I wanted to ask if you could meet up with me. I want to personally thank you for all you have done. 

“Fuck! I thought I deleted the number? How?” Taehyung said out loud as he read the message. Why was this happening to him? Why couldn’t he get rid of this feeling in his heart? Should he delete the message and pretend he never saw it? Something told him he should, but his inner wolf was screaming at him to maintain a connection with their Omega. Taehyung knew he shouldn’t reply, he really shouldn’t but he couldn’t help but start typing an answer to the pretty Omega.  

Taehyung: Hi Seokjin. There is no need to thank me. I was glad to have helped you out. Plus, that Alpha was a jerk for the way he treated you. 

After sending the message, he realised he had started to ramble about all of his emotions and opinions, knowing that it was not appropriate. So he sent multiple messages, which were helping him let his feelings out. 

Taehyung: You should dump him.

Taehyung: Sorry, that was so out of line. I shouldn’t have said that…

Taehyung felt bad for the Omega. He wanted to protect him in some way. Even if he couldn’t form a bond with Seokjin, the least he could do was guide him to find someone decent, and not a jerk like that Alpha. 

Seokjin: It’s okay. I agree with you. Besides, he’s not my boyfriend...he’s more like a friend.

Taehyung ignored the part about the Alpha not being Seokjin’s boyfriend or that the Omega was single. In his opinion, it was information that needed to be discarded even though his inner wolf was rejoiced by the news. It meant that he could freely pursue his fated mate. At least that was his wolf’s wish. 

Taehyung: That’s good to hear 🙏 

Seokjin: Enough about Daniel (that’s his name by the way)...what do you think about my invitation? Let me treat you to dinner. I really want to thank you...please 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Taehyung read, gripping onto his cell phone tightly. Strong feelings of distress and sorrow invaded his heart. He knew that by agreeing to meet up with Seokjin meant betraying the one he loved. Yet the strong attraction he had for the Omega kept making him feel happy as if they were meant to be together. A sense of guilt rose in his heart at the thought of seeing the Omega one more time, but he gave in. Yes, Taehyung stupidly gave in and typed his reply. 

Taehyung: Fine. Only because you asked me with those puppy eyes 🥺 reminds me of someone I know lol 

Taehyung: I’m free tomorrow, if that’s okay with you 

Seokjin: That's fine with me. See ya tomorrow 😊😊😊

Taehyung: See ya 😊

Taehyung wasn’t sure what was going on in his head by making such a risky decision, when meeting with Seokjin could potentially destroy the wonderful relationship he had with Jungkook. Now that he had a meet up with Seokjin, Taehyung wasn’t sure what to do. The only thing he needed to remind himself was to never tell Jungkook about this meeting with an Omega, and with his fated mate no less. 

Notes:

Let me know your thoughts
Twitter
CuriousCat

Chapter 18: Fragile Hearts

Summary:

There was a moment of silence between them, until Seokjin felt a hand on his right shoulder; it was Taehyung who had leaned forward from where he was sitting just to reassure him that everything was going to be fine.

"Seokjin…it's okay. I don't mind. If there's something going on, I'm more than willing to listen. It‘s always better to let things out than keep them bundled up inside of you. Whatever is going on, I'm here for you,"

Notes:

I know it's been a long time since I updated but I'm happy to finally continue with this story.

I hope you like the chapter.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Staring into the traffic light as it turned from green to yellow and finally to red as if it was the most interesting thing in the world was all Seokjin could do to hide the sadness inside of his heart. It didn’t matter that standing by the crosswalk for the last twenty minutes caught the attention of some people across the street that were waiting for the bus, or that he had been asked by a few individuals if he was feeling okay. Seokjin felt numb, in a state of shock and disbelief. Nothing mattered in the world but to try to understand why only terrible things were happening to him lately. Was it his ignorance or the way he ignored Hoseok and Namjoon’s advice about Daniel that triggered all of these problems? Or was it his self-centered attitude towards certain ideas that brought negativity to his life? Seokjin wasn’t sure but the reality of it was that now he was scared. Afraid that once he left the apartment he shared with Hoseok, he was never going to return. That the friendship Seokjin had with his friends was irreversibly broken. 

How could Jimin ask him to leave and why did he wholeheartedly agree to it so easily? Seokjin knew there was no point in having such useless thoughts when his main priority should be to look for a temporary place to live. Yet, his mind and body were stuck in the same spot, motionless, as if his heart had stopped working. 

He knew that dwelling on the past wouldn’t accomplish anything, but as strange as it sounded, feasting on the pessimistic emotions that were eating at his heart were the only conforming feelings he had in him. Seokjin knew that asking Daniel for help was out of the question. He'd rather be homeless than ask him for anything. It would give the alpha the green light to manipulate him even more. Maybe a hotel room would be sufficient? But Seokjin thought of how expensive that would be over time. Plus, he didn’t know of any places that would be within his budget. 

By thinking about the future ahead, Seokjin was able to snap out of his trance-like state when he realized he still had to go meet with Taehyung. He wasn't in the right mindset to meet with the kind alpha but had already agreed to see him despite his current circumstances, Seokjin wanted to be in the presence of someone who didn’t know of his problems. He knew this way of thinking wasn’t fair for Taehyung, making Seokjin feel guilty for taking advantage of him by using him as a distraction. 

Gathering all of the energy left within him, Seokjin absentmindedly walked away from the corner he had been standing at, his body taking him to the front of the cafe he was supposed to meet with Taehyung. It was a nice place he had found on the way from one of his tutoring jobs, a small and cozy cafe called Blue Bird. He had been anticipating their visit to the cafe since he suggested it. The nice aroma of various foods as he walked by made his mouth water and he wanted to try the new purple colored drink he had seen on their website. Yet, all of his anticipation had completely vanished due to what Jimin had told him earlier. As much as he tried to shove those thoughts to the back of his mind for the time being, it was futile. There was no way he could ignore the fact that he was being kicked out of his apartment for an unknown amount of time and expect him to be happy about it. 

Maybe he really should have canceled his plans with Taehyung, but he didn’t want to start their relationship off so messily. Besides, Seokjin needed some type of way to distract himself or he’d lose himself to the darkness of his heart. 

The original plan was for Seokjin to go back home after meeting with Jimin and change into the outfit he’d picked out the night before. Yet, all of his plans were ruined by what Jimin said to him and there was nothing he could do about it. So, despite going against his original agenda, Seokjin stood in front of the cafe wearing the plain white T-shirt and blue jeans he had worn all morning. It made him want to beat himself up for meeting with Taehyung with such dirty clothes instead of being dressed up as he planned to. 

Seokjin wasn’t even sure if he had missed their meet-up time or if he was actually on time, it was probably the latter but to make sure he took out his phone and checked the time. To his surprise, he was twenty minutes early which made him sigh in relief. 

Good, I’m happy I made it on time, he thought to himself. Seokjin knew he wasn’t going to forgive himself if he had left Taehyung waiting and had never showed up. Now, he could barely contain himself with excitement as he stood there waiting for Taehyung to arrive. At the same time, he felt guilty for feeling so happy to go to the cafe with Taehyung and enjoy his time with the alpha. By the way his life was going, disaster after disaster, Seokjin should be looking for a solution to his problems, not playing around with someone he wished would take him away from his pathetic life.

Nevertheless, as he waited for Taehyung, Seokjin searched up hotels in the area. He might as well be productive while he waited for his date to show up. He wanted something close but not overly expensive yet all that popped up on his phone screen were rooms way out of his budget. Frustrated, he let out a loud groan as he called himself an idiot over and over again. Why did he agree with Jimin? Thinking about it more calmly, Seokjin could have said no. Why were they causing an inconvenience to him? When Hoseok and Namjoon were the ones resolving their problems. He just hoped that his so-called “friends” would not expect him to live in a hotel room for a long time. He should definitely ask for a reimbursement check later on for the waste of time and money they’d put him through.  

Seokjin’s mind was all over the place as he continued his search for a room that would solve all of his problems. Eventually he was so engrossed in the search that he failed to notice Taehyung walk up in front of him. 

“Seok… Jin?” The word barely registered before he felt a small tap on the shoulder. Startled by the sudden touch, Seokjin instantly looked up only to be met with a nervous-looking Taehyung. 

“Hey…” Taehyung said awkwardly, a faint smile on his face. Seokjin wasn’t sure how to process the situation, it felt like he had started on the wrong side already and they barely got together, and he only made it worse by laughing awkwardly and rubbing the back of his neck. 

“Hi…sorry. I didn’t see you coming. Umm, yeah. Ah…sorry.” He blabbered on and on, not sure where to look.  

“It’s okay. I shouldn’t have tapped you on the shoulder but you were so focused on your phone that you didn’t hear me calling your name. Um, how about we forget what just happened and we head over to the cafe?” 

Seokjin instantly agreed. He could look up hotel rooms later when he gets home. For now, Seokjin should focus on getting to know Taehyung more. 

It took them ten minutes to get inside of the cafe, which was a surprise. Due to its popularity, Seokjin thought the waiting time would be longer. They were seated near the front of the cafe, which annoyed Seokjin because he could hear the door opening and closing. He wasn’t going to let such a minor inconvenience ruin his time with Taehyung. Besides he had been through worse things today that made being near the door feel like nothing. 

The atmosphere between the two of them was awkward, but not in a bad way. There was tension in the air as Seokjin looked over the menu, not sure what to say to break the ice between them. As he looked he couldn’t help sneaking glances at the angelic looking Taehyung. The beauty mark on his nose made Seokjin’s heart swoon because it only highlighted his handsome face even more. His black hair added to his beauty and Seokjin wondered how anyone could be so breathtaking. 

How could someone look so cute yet so manly at the same time? It was a miracle that Taehyung had agreed to meet with him. 

His thoughts were interrupted by the voice of the waitress, who stood there with a smile plastered on her face as she stole glances at Taehyung. 

“Welcome to Blue Bird. Are you ready to order or do you need more time?” she said, her high-pitched voice ringing in Seokjin’s mind. 

Ugh, so annoying. He thought to himself as he clearly knew what was happening in front of him. The waitress was trying to flirt with Taehyung and was attempting to use her omega charms to get his number. He had seen it many times when he went out to dinner with Daniel and Yuna. The twin alphas attracted everyone's attention wherever they went. 

To be honest, Seokjin hated the idea of someone flirting with his potential new alpha especially when he had no reason to be thinking like that when his mind was still preoccupied with Hoseok and Namjoon. Besides, he didn’t know how this relationship with Taehyung was going to develop.  

Seokjin tried his best to focus on their date, but the idea that Hoseok no longer wanted him around had already clouded his mind. This was supposed to be the best moment in his life. After all, it was not everyday he could hang out with an alpha who always treated him with respect. Besides, aside from the annoying waitress, his time with Taehyung was going well. 

Despite that, even though he was with Taehyung, his true mate, a strong and beautiful Alpha, why was his mind somewhere else? Instead, all he could think of were his childhood friends. 

“Are you okay, Seokjin?” Taehyung worriedly asked him as they ate. 

Seokjin’s mind was so engrossed in his fucked up life that he didn't even noticed the food they ordered had arriving, nor did he remember what he got. Everything had become a blur and he hadn’t realized that he’d been far too quiet for the last five minutes. He was staring into space as if something was eating at his mind, which added to his misfortune because he felt like he'd wasted Taehyung's time.

“Uhh…Umm. Yeah, I think.” 

“You think?” Taehyung was staring at him. 

“I don’t want to overstep my boundaries since we barely know each other but is it something related to that alpha? Daniel…was his name, right?” 

“Yeah, Daniel.” Seokjin said, on the verge of tears. He didn't want to ruin the atmosphere by crying in front of Taehyung. Even though his sadness wasn’t even about Daniel, for the first time in a long time, Seokjin felt like someone cared about him, as if he had somebody he could confide in with all of his problems and not judge him for his actions. 

"He…Daniel…" Seokjin tried to say something, but his emotions got the best of him. He knew this ordeal wasn't about Daniel. In fact, the alpha was the last thing on his mind. They weren't even in a relationship anymore, let alone friends. 

"No…sorry, this isn't about Daniel. It's about my friends. I'm…nevermind. I don't want to bore you with my problems. It's nothing. Forget it." Seokjin looked down at his plate of food that became blurry due to tears forming. He had to get himself together, it wasn't time to dump all of his problems on someone he barely knew. There was a limit to how self-centered he could be. It wasn't Taehyung’s fault that Seokjin was a useless omega. 

There was a moment of silence between them, until Seokjin felt a hand on his right shoulder; it was Taehyung who had leaned forward from where he was sitting just to reassure him that everything was going to be fine. 

"Seokjin…it's okay. I don't mind. If there's something going on, I'm more than willing to listen. It‘s always better to let things out than keep them bundled up inside of you. Whatever is going on, I'm here for you," 

Seokjin listened, tears forming and completely blocking his eyesight. He was aware that he was probably releasing the scent of an omega in distress, but he didn't care. For the first time in months, he felt like he could finally be himself and felt safe enough to voice out his thoughts without having someone diminish them.  

After crying for what felt like forever, Seokjin tried to compose himself, awkwardly laughing between his cries and asking himself why his life had turned out this way, not realizing that Taehyung staring at him with fondness, as if to reassure him that he wasn't alone. 

“Umm…thank you. I’m sorry. Thank you for letting me cry, things just haven’t been the best lately, and today I felt like I finally hit a wall that will be difficult to overcome. I just don't know what to do or who to ask for help, or even if anyone is even willing to help a pathetic omega like me,” he expressed, wiping away his tears and looking at Taehyung. 

“Oh Seokjin, it pains me to hear you talk so negatively about yourself. I may not know what is going on but I'm sure that whatever it is, there's a solution. I mean, the moon goddess will never abandon one of her children.” 

“Are you sure? Because I feel like I've been abandoned and have to fend for myself in this terrible world. The alpha I thought was going to be my true mate turned out to be an asshole who wanted to control me and use me as his puppet. The friends I have…well... have turned out that they are preoccupied with themselves and I no longer seem to matter to them. So tell me Taehyung, what kind of moon goddess will purposely make me go through all of this if they haven’t already abandoned me? Besides, I have nowhere to go. I’ve been kicked out of my own apartment. I’m in my last year of college and barely surviving, yet, I am now homeless,” Seokjin bared his heart while Taehyung attentively listened to him, nibbling on his food, only taking small bites. 

“Well, to be honest, no one knows what plans the moon goddess has in store for us. But let me tell you, Seokjin, we are never truly alone. There is always someone who is willing to help you if you are open to it. I may not be able to solve all of your problems, but…I think I can help you with one.” 

“Like what? Things are very complicated. I don't even know if I'll have a place to sleep tonight.” 

“About that… So I may know a place you can stay temporarily. At least until you’re able to solve your housing situation.” Taehyung told him. He felt like his nightmares were slowly fading away. His main concern was his housing problem, he didn't know if he was going to be able to find a hotel room in time. Yet, here was Taehyung offering him a solution. Seokjin felt embarrassed of showing a side of himself that he rarely showed to others, and the one who saw his most vulnerable side was Taehyung, an alpha he barely knew. The best part was that Seokjin didn’t feel judged or shamed. 

"Really? You would do that for me? I mean, I'm grateful, but is it okay? I don't want to cause any inconvenience for you." 

"It's okay Seokjin, you're not causing any problems. Besides, aside from me, no one else is really using the room. You see, I became friends with the owner of a hotel and they are so kind and willing to give me a room in exchange for work." 

"Oh…I see." he replied, surprised by the explanation. He didn't know what type of work Taehyung was doing, but it must be extremely important for an establishment to take drastic measures such as to provide him with a hotel room.

"We can go to the hotel after we are done with dinner, if you don't mind. That way I can set things up for you and you'll be able to move in whenever you're ready. But can I ask you one thing first? If you don't mind." 

"Yes, oh thank you so much. You don't know how much you are helping me by doing this. And yeah, you can ask me anything." Seokjin answered happily, smiling. Even though the day had started in the worst possible way, maybe Taehyung was right and the moon goddess had not abandoned him after all. With his worst problem solved, Seokjin felt his appetite start to come back and took a bite of his food. As he did, he noticed that he had indeed ordered the purple drink he'd been wanting to try. 

"There is one thing that's on my mind. It's about Daniel, the alpha that was with you last time. You told me you weren't going out with him, but how come you still hang out with Daniel if you know that he's a jerk? I just don't get it. Why expose yourself to danger by having him nearby?" 

Seokjin stared at Taehyung in shock, not because of what he had asked him but because he was right. No matter how lonely Seokjin was feeling, having Daniel as a friend was too dangerous. The alpha even shoved him and let Seokjin get hurt, and that should have been an immediate indication of how toxic their friendship had become. 

"Because I'm stupid…Because I felt like he was the only one who wanted me nearby. My friends think I'm a virus and asked me to give them space, and Daniel was the only one who showed he cared about me. Or at least that's what I thought. He's a jerk, an asshole who only sees me as a trophy omega." 

"I see, but that's not healthy Seokjin. What if he seriously hurts you next time, or worse, he uses his alpha voice to try to manipulate you. You should cut all ties with him. I'm telling you this because it worries me that you don't think about your safety. And I know we barely know each other but I don't want anything bad to happen to you." Taehyung said to him, sounding genuinely concerned. Maybe Taehyung was right, and it was time to end his friendship with Daniel. Maybe it was time to officially admit that Hoseok and Namjoon were right and he was wrong. 

"You're right…I don't want to get hurt again. And let's just hope he doesn't go crazy when I tell him, like when I broke up with him…" 

"No need to worry about that, I can go with you if you want. With me there, he'll think twice about doing anything to you. I won't let anything happen to you. Besides, I have some things to settle with him. You know, from last time." Taehyung said, looking at Seokjin with determination in his eyes. 

Seokjin felt grateful but wondered why Daniel picked a fight with Taehyung in the first place. He wondered how they knew each other, but he didn't want to overstep his boundaries. For now, he was thankful for having someone who cared about him. 

After their conversation, the atmosphere between Seokjin and Taehyung became more lively and the awkwardness was completely diminished.

‐---

Half an hour passed and after they had finished their meal Taehyung took Seokjin to the hotel instead of going shopping like they had originally planned. Just like Taehyung had explained, the hotel was nearby, not even a ten minute walk from the cafe they ate at. It was definitely convenient because it was also close to their university. 

As soon as they entered the hotel, Seokjin immediately noticed that it had the atmosphere of an antique shop, small but cozy, with unique decorations and colors. It had beautiful paintings hung on one side of the main lobby that added to the theme of the hotel. 

They immediately arrived at the front desk and they were greeted by an older woman, a beta, who smiled politely at them.  

"Hello Taehyung, it's wonderful to see you again," the beta said excitingly. 

"It's nice to see you again Mrs. Choi, sorry I haven't been coming over lately but university has been super busy." Taehyung replied, and Seokjin wondered if the beta was the owner of the hotel and the one who offered the room for Taehyung to use. His question was answered instantly as the beta told Taehyung that his room was available like always and to not worry about his absence, as long as he provided more paintings for her in the coming months. 

As they walked to the elevator, thanking and bowing to the beta, Seokjin excitedly asked, 

"So you're a painter?" 

"Yes. Well, technically I'm a photographer and an amateur painter. You saw those paintings in the main lobby? Well, most of them were made by me. Mrs. Choi loves my art style so much that she lets me use one of the hotel rooms so I can complete my paintings. It's a win-win situation." 

"That's so cool. You're an amazing artist. Those paintings are beautiful." Seokjin said, entering the elevator to the fourth floor.  

Once they arrived at their designated floor, Taehyung’s room was just a few doors down on the right. Seokjin still felt like it was a dream that he was able to find a place to temporarily stay while Hoseok and Namjoon resolved their relationship. It still pained him that his friends were ignoring him and that he had to leave his apartment, but things weren't as bad as before. He was thankful for having Taehyung. The kind alpha had been such a great friend even if they were just starting to get to know each other. 

His thoughts were interrupted by the strong scent of pine trees as Taehyung opened the door of the room. The smell hit him like a bucket of warm water, yes, warm and not cold because Taehyung’s scent was so comforting and warm to him. 

"So here it is, it's not a big room and it smells like paint but this is my secret space where I can forget about the world and only focus on my paintings and now it's your temporary home." Taehyung told him as they entered the room. Seokjin noticed the faint smell of paint and the different canvases scattered around the room, some half finished while others were blank. 

"It's perfect. Thank you, I love it." He said, grateful for having a place to sleep from now on. 

"You could sleep here starting tonight. Tomorrow we can go pick up your stuff so you can settle in. You probably had a long day." 

"Are you sure? A bath does sound good right now." 

"Hahaha, yeah, I bet it does. Anyways, it's getting late, I'm going to go now. Let me know what time you want to meet up tomorrow. Don't hesitate to text or call." Taehyung said to him, handing him the keys to the room. As much as he wanted Taehyung to stay longer, Seokjin knew it was asking for too much. The only comforting feeling he had was that he was going to see Taehyung again tomorrow. 

"Okay, thank you so much again. You’re really helping me out by letting me stay here." 

"No worries. Now, get some rest and order some room service. I'm going to let Mrs. Choi know that you'll be staying here temporarily. I know she won't mind. She's a very kind beta." 

"Okay. And Thank you. You're very kind too…see you tomorrow." Seokjin added, bowing to Taehyung. 

After Taehyung left, Seokjin was left with the silence of the room. It wasn't uncomfortable since he was used to it since he stopped talking with Hoseok and Namjoon. However, the scent of pine trees was very intoxicating to him and he felt he could get used to being surrounded by it. 

Seokjin reflected on his day as he got ready to take a shower. Even though it started in the worst possible way, and he felt like his life was crumbling down, now that he had a place to sleep, it wasn’t as bad as he thought. At least he found a room to stay in and he’d go back tomorrow to the apartment he shared with Hoseok to get his belongings. 

He felt like nothing else mattered in the world as long as he had Taehyung by his side. 

—————

Taehyung had two passions in his life: taking mesmerizing photos of different locations and people he liked and painting. However, only one of those aspirations were his main focus while the other one was kept as a secret due to his insecurities. It wasn't that he wanted to keep his love for painting hidden away from the people he loved and cared about. It was the opposite, Taehyung wanted to tell Yoongi and Jungkook that he'd love to open up his own studio and take a look at this creative side of himself that he'd been unable to explore to its fullest.  

However, it wasn't easy as the reason he was so insecure about it was due to his alpha father. 

It had been a few months since he had presented as an alpha and his discovery of his sexual preference. Taehyung had been avoiding his parents as much as possible. He knew what his newly discovered sexuality meant, that sooner or later, he'd have to tell his parents if he wanted to freely live his life as an alpha that liked other alphas. Taehyung was prepared for the worst, to be disowned and kicked out of his home forever. He just didn't know when he would be brave enough to confront his parents so he waited for the right moment. 

It was on one of those cloudy days when he contemplated confessing to his parents that he was gay, that Taehyung discovered his passion for painting. He had purchased a blank paged notebook to brainstorm his ideas and his future. At first, Taehyung wasn't sure what to write, so he scribbled on the notebook until his subconscious mind created his first masterpiece. It was a portrait of his family, happily smiling at the beach. It wasn't harmful, or at least it wasn't for Taehyung, but his alpha father had a different idea. 

His first drawing wasn't even in color, but it radiated a bright and hopeful future that Taehyung knew would never come true. In order to get a genuine picture of his family happily smiling, he knew that his secret had to be revealed, but that meant a future without his parents. 

He ripped that page from the notebook and hung it on his wall as motivation and a hopeful future. Unaware of the chaos that single piece of paper was going to create in the next few days. 

Three days passed in a flash and although Taehyung never got a concrete idea written down on how to confront his parents about his sexuality, he used his drawing as motivation to keep going. After school, he went to an art supply store to get some paint and a canvas for his first masterpiece. Taehyung wanted to transfer his drawing to a canvas and use paint to make his own unique design. He had seen some videos online and it piqued his interest.

To his surprise, buying art supplies was so much fun that he joyfully spent over an hour browsing through the store. Once he approached his home, he sensed that something was wrong as soon as he opened the door. An intense scent of angry pheromones filled his nostril and a chilling sensation ran throughout his body. He could feel the hair on his back standing up as he closed the front door and carefully walked further inside the house. He was immediately met with his alpha father and in his hands was Taehyung’s first masterpiece. 

"Dad? What's going on?" he asked, confused, as he tightened his grip on the bag filled with art supplies. 

"Care to explain to me what the hell this is?" Taehyung’s alpha father said showing him the drawing, anger plastered on his face. 

"It's just a drawing. What's wrong with it?" 

"What's wrong you ask?! Taehyung, you're an alpha! This is something only omegas do. And no son of mine will be allowed to do such a ridiculous thing." his father yelled at him. Before Taehyung had a chance to reply, his alpha father ripped his drawing into a million pieces. 

Seeing pieces of paper falling down to the floor, containing what was once his first drawing, Taehyung felt like his heart was ripped in half. How could his father be so cruel? When all he wanted was to be able to express himself. What was wrong with drawing? What was wrong with having an interest in a hobby that was mostly aimed at omegas? 

"I never want to see you doing such a stupid thing ever again. If I ever catch you drawing, I will punish you. Do I make myself clear?" Taehyung heard, nodding his head, shocked by the sudden action of his father. 

"Yes, father." he mustered the courage to say, knowing his alpha father hated when words were not used as a reply. He loathed his father for destroying his first drawing and hated that he was so scared and weak to fight back for a hobby that brought so much happiness to him. 

That day, as he went to sleep, Taehyung vowed to never touch a canvas or anything related to painting ever again. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to throw away his newly bought art supplies. Instead, he shoved them to the back of his closet, knowing that his parents would never be able to find them. 

After he was disowned by his parents, Taehyung decided to pursue his interest in photography. It was the closest thing to painting without feeling scared that his so-called father would show up and rip it apart like his first drawing. However, as he took his classes in university, a professor assigned a project that required some degree of drawing/painting and to Taehyung’s surprise, his professor asked if his drawing could be displayed in an art gallery. 

It was through that professor that he met Mrs. Choi, who fell in love with his art style and offered him a room in her hotel to privately work on his paintings, in exchange for being able to display them in her lobby and other parts of the hotel. 

At first he was hesitant about it because images of his alpha father popped up in his mind but Taehyung remembered that he was safe. His parents had no idea where he lived or what he was doing, so he took up the offer and secretly created paintings for Mrs. Choi. 

Yes, Taehyung's passion towards paintings was supposed to be a secret that not even Jungkook or Yoongi knew about. However, everything changed the moment he offered Seokjin to stay in his secret room until he was able to resolve his housing situation. 

----

Taehyung was walking home as he reflected on the events that just happened. The point of meeting up with Seokjin was to end all ties with him, not establish a long-term connection. The reoccurring dreams he had been having recently were coming true. The idea that he would meet his true mate and resist the urge to be near them or even feel attracted to their scent was nonsense. If Taehyung was being honest, he found Seokjin to be breathtaking and his scent of strawberries was driving his inner wolf crazy, never had he had such urges, aside from when he met Jungkook, and now he was scared. Afraid that his nightmares were going to come true. 

Why did he help Seokjin in the first place, when he was supposed to stay far away from him? Yet, as he saw the sad face of the omega, it broke his heart. Helping Seokjin had become his top priority without him realizing. It was idiotic to let his emotions get in his way. His inner wolf couldn't take the pain that his omega was going through. 

His omega? he thought, shaking his head in disbelief. No, he couldn't think like that. Seokjin could never be his. He was gay. He only liked Alphas, and only Jungkook was his true mate.

However, who was he to fool himself? The moon goddess was definitely playing tricks with him. To allow Taehyung to reveal his secret room where he isolated himself and focused on his paintings was insane. He knew one thing though, Jungkook must never find out. 

His boyfriend mustn't know that he met his omega mate or that he allowed Seokjin to stay at his secret hotel room…

His emotions were all over the place, not sure of how to process what just took place. And the worst part was that he agreed to help Seokjin settle in and even accompany him to end his relationship with Daniel. What was wrong with Taehyung? Getting involved in the problems of others, even if they were his true mate. He cursed himself for not putting a stop to everything, and made his plan clear from the start. 

Taehyung felt confused and conflicted about his feelings. He didn't know how to label the attraction he had towards Seokjin. Did he sincerely like Seokjin or was it his alpha instincts guiding him to be near the kind omega? He wasn't sure what to think.

Is it pity towards him? he thought, entering the building of his apartment. Taehyung wasn't sure but he needed to shove his feelings aside and focus on his main priority, keeping everything a secret. It was the only way to keep his current lifestyle. At least until Seokjin was able to find a new place to stay. 

Taehyung walked up the stairs to his apartment, opening the door and letting out a low groan from the stressful situation and as he walked towards his room, he was met with Yoongi watching TV in the living room.

“Shit…I forgot.” Taehyung whispered to himself. Remembering that he still needed to talk with Yoongi about the last time he came home late after he had fought with Daniel and took care of Seokjin’s injuries. It was still awkward between them and they knew each other so well that Taehyung wouldn't be surprised if Yoongi suspected something was wrong. 

He knew waiting any longer to have a conversation with Yoongi would only bring suspicion on himself, and that was the last thing he wanted. Not when Seokjin's whereabouts and existence needed to be kept in total secrecy.  

"Hey Yoon, you're still up?" he asked, walking towards Yoongi who turned around to look at him, a neutral expression on his face. 

"Hey, yeah… I just couldn't sleep tonight for some reason. Plus, you still weren't home so I decided to wait for you." 

"Ah, I see." Taehyung replied, sitting down next to Yoongi trying to not make the mood between them awkward. 

"Yoongi, can I talk to you about something?" he added, getting the attention of his friend, who proceeded to mute the show he was watching and gave him his full attention. 

"Sure, is everything okay? You look serious." 

"I do, well, anyways…I just wanted to talk to you about the other night. You know, that time I came home late after my canceled date with Jungkook and you asked me if I was okay." 

"Hm, yeah I remember. What about it?" 

"Well, something did happen. You see, I somehow bumped into that alpha that Jungkook got into a fight with after one of our dates. Remember when he came home all beat up?" he said, seeing Yoongi's expression change. Taehyung hated Daniel for his nasty behavior and homophobic mindset. If it wasn't for Seokjin, Taehyung would have sent Daniel to the hospital for all the pain and bruises caused to his Jungkook and even Seokjin. He still wasn't sure how Seokjin was fooled into thinking that someone like Daniel would make a good partner. 

He was just glad that Seokjin was going to end all ties with the alpha, and it would help Taehyung to feel better about the safety of Seokjin. He didn't want Daniel to do anything to him when Taehyung wasn't around or when the omega found a new apartment to stay in. 

"You're fucking kidding me? How the heck did you casually bump into him? No wonder you came back home drenched with distressed pheromones all over the place." 

"Yeah, to be honest, it was pure coincidence. I was on my way to meet Jungkook, but by the time I knew it, this alpha was running towards me. We fought for a while until I knocked him down. Then I left, realizing he wasn't worth it. I didn't want Jungkook to see me like that so I canceled my date with him. I didn't want to make him worry, you know." Taehyung explained, omitting some of the details of what happened and never mentioning Seokjin. It was for the best, besides he wasn't technically lying. He did fight with Daniel, knocking him down on the ground, but it was due to Seokjin. Taehyung’s inner wolf begged him to protect his omega…

As he continued with his explanation and watching Yoongi actively listening to him, Taehyung wondered if he was able to successfully trick his friend? He hoped so because this was just the beginning of his plan to pretend he hadn’t met his destined mate. 

His conversation with Yoongi went surprisingly well, both agreeing to keep the events that happened between them. They didn't want Jungkook to worry about the fight with Daniel since the Alpha wasn't even worth mentioning. 

They spent the rest of the night chatting about various things until they got tired and went to sleep. 

The next day as Taehyung got ready to help Seokjin pick up the stuff at his apartment, he heard his phone vibrate, meaning a new incoming message. 

Seokjin: Good morning, Taehyung. I hope you slept well. First, I wanted to thank you again for letting me stay here and helping me out. Second, I wanted to let you know that I want to go pick up my things by myself if that's okay with you but would love to have lunch together. 😊 

Taehyung was happy to receive a text from Seokjin. He wasn't bothered that Seokjin wanted to pick up his things at his old apartment by himself. It was probably for the best. 

Taehyung: It's okay, don't worry. I'm more than willing to help you and you can stay there for as long as you need.  

Taehyung: Lunch sounds great. How about we meet at the hotel and we'll decide where we want to go? 

He replied, smiling ear to ear. Taehyung had definitely lost his mind because he was actually looking forward to seeing Seokjin. The moon goddess was definitely testing his limits. 

Seokjin: Okay. See you later 💜 

For some strange reason Taehyung felt inspired to draw, so he took some materials from his desk and started sketching out his feelings. He was excited to meet with Seokjin, and talk about the new ideas he had for upcoming paintings. 

Notes:

My Twitter: Kumasama92