King Aerys II: A beleaguered king.
- A King all in name, his family’s legacy taken from him. Despite his best efforts to quell the shroud of darkness that covered his family, grief stricken and haunted by the past how far will he go to regain his family’s rightful throne.
Queen Rhaella: Sister-wife to King Aerys II. Mother to seven of his children.
- Married to her brother at a young age though there was no fondness between them, they grew to love each other and had a fruitful marriage despite Aerys’ flaws.
Rhaegar: The Crown Prince of Dragonstone, first born son and the heir to the Iron Throne.
- Handsome, charming, a scholar, loved by women and men alike. All the makings of a good King until one fateful decision sends the realm into chaos.
Elia Martell: First wife to Rhaegar, mother of two of his children.
- A beautiful Dornish princess, though the marriage was not romantic it was happy. Her deteriorating health after birthing two children had left her fragile and their relationship strained.
- Rhaenys: The eldest child of Rhaegar and Elia. All the looks of a Martell, bronze skin, golden brown hair and glowing orange eyes. Under the guidance of her cousin Arianne she is now a woman grown that attracts all the attention in Dorne including her brother.
- Aegon: The son of a Rhaegar and Elia. Handsome, charming, and beloved much like his father but with olive skin and still has the classical Valyrian features lilac eyes and silver-gold hair. He has never known his father but his memory is weight that Aegon must carry. He is best friends with his cousin Quentyn and trained by his uncle Oberyn.
Lyanna Stark: The She-Wolf. Second wife to Rhaegar. Married in secret, mother to his youngest child.
- The wild beauty thought to be dead by most of the realm only her brother Ned Stark and friend Howland Reed know the truth. She raises her son alone at Greywater Watch alone Though many years have passed, she is still as fierce as ever whether it’s the wolf blood or something else.
- Jacaerys: The second son of Rhaegar. The son of Ice and Fire, his parents’ love brought the country to war as his father believed their union would result in a prophesied child. His existence kept secret from the world until a dream calls for him to leave the only home he’s ever known.
Shaena: Sister-wife to her brother Daeron. Eldest daughter to Aerys and Rhaella.
- Her bouts with melancholy are only surpassed by her brother Rhaegar, in a better world she would have been his sister-wife but that world doesn’t exist.
- Visenya: The only daughter of Shaena and Daeron. (Actually Rhaegar’s eldest daughter). A quiet, meek girl who is best friends with her aunt Daenerys.
Daeron ’Dragoneye’: Second son to Aerys and Rhaella.
- A fine knight, earning the name Dragoneye after being maimed, he instills fear in many, living to serve his family at the behest of his father no matter the cost. Extremely jealous of his elder brother Rhaegar, his marriage with his sister is out of duty not love to his disappointment.
Aegon: Third son of Aerys and Rhaella.
- His nonchalant nature rubs members of his family the wrong way. Women and drinking demand his attention more than matters of his house.
Jaehaerys: Fourth son of Aerys and Rhaella.
- A calming force considering his family, where everyone is fire and blood. Somber and self-loathing , many confide in him and look to him for guidance despite his age.
Viserys: The fifth and last born son of Aerys Rhaella.
- Mostly ignored by his older siblings but that doesn’t discourage his ambition. Willing to take on any responsibility for the betterment of his House. Very close to his younger sister, many think he’s smitten with her.
Daenerys ‘Stormborn’: The youngest daughter and last child of Aerys and Rhaella.
- Fair and beautiful, greatly resembling her mother considered the pride and joy, and future of the family. She is loved and resented by her siblings, the innocent and meek girl has been sheltered from the darkness of the family. Her curious and adventurous nature is mostly quelled in order to protect her.
The Small Council/Court
Shiera Seastar: One of the Great Bastards of King Aegon IV, considered the most beautiful woman in Seven Kingdoms in her time, still a beauty now. A temptress and sorceress to the highest degree, a mistress to King Aerys.
Melisandre: A mysterious, serene and powerful red priestess of R’hllor and a shadowbinder.
Moqorro: A red priest of R’hllor, specializing necromancy and visions.
Kinvara: A red priestess of R’hollor, specializing in dark potions and manipulation.
Jon Connington: A friend to Rhaegar, filled with pain and regret, lives to serve and protect his silver prince’s son Aegon in Dorne.
Ser Gerold Hightower: The Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, known as the White Bull, has served House Targaryen since Jaehaerys II
Ser Barristan Selmy: Known as Barristan the Bold, having served House Targaryen since Jaehaerys II
Ser Arthur Dayne: Known as The Sword of the Morning, the greatest knight of his time.
Ser Oswell Whent: Known for his dark humor and signature bat wings on his helm have more substantial meaning now
House Baratheon of King’s Landing
King Robert Baratheon I: Bitter rival to Rhaegar Targaryen, took the Iron Throne after House Targaryen was ousted.
- Living in constant fear of a Targaryen restoration and the houses that may remain loyal, the King has taken extreme measures to see to the extinction of House Targaryen should they ever try to reclaim the Iron Throne.
Queen Cersei Lannister: Wife to King Robert and mother of his three children.
- The lioness of the court, the cunning and vindictive Queen has grown tired of her husband’s machinations.
- Joffrey: The eldest son of Robert and Cersei. The Crown Prince and Heir to the Iron Throne. (Actually Jaime’s) The spoiled and often cruel prince has an uncontrollable temper that is indulged by his mother. He craves the attention and respect of his father who has made it his mission to turn his son into a warrior.
- Myrcella: Only daughter of Robert and Cersei (also Jaime’s).
- Tommen: Youngest son of Robert and Cersei (Yes, also Jaime’s).
Lord Stannis Baratheon: Robert’s younger brother. Lord of Storm’s End. Master of Laws.
- A serious, stubborn, rarely-forgiving, hard man with a strong sense of duty and justice.
Selyse Florent: Wife to Stannis and mother to Shireen.
- Shireen Baratheon: Daughter of Stannis and Selyse. A sweet solmen girl very different from her father or mother. Loves reading and writing.
Lord Renly Baratheon: Robert’s youngest brother. Chief Advisor. Acts as Robert’s envoy to the rest of the realm, trying to mend or create relations with other noble houses.
Ser Davos Seaworth: Landed knight, trusted advisor to Stannis.
Marya: Wife to Davos and mother to his seven sons.
- Dale, Allard, Matthos, and Maric: Eldest sons of Davos and Marya, in order of birth.
- Daven: Fifth born son to Davos and Marya. -A squire to Stannis.
- Stannis and Steffon: Youngest sons of Davos and Marya. In order of birth.
Sandor Clegane ‘The Hound’: Also referred to as “dog” by Joffrey who he is sworn to protect.
The Small Council/Court
Lord Jon Arryn: Hand of the King
Chief among the rebel lords, fostered Robert Baratheon
Lysa Arryn: Wife to Jon Arryn.
- Robert Arryn: Son of Jon Arryn and Lysa. He is sickly.
Lord Petyr Baelish: Master of Coin
Pycelle: Grand Maester
Lord Paxter Redwyne: Master of Ships
Varys: Master of Whisperers
Ser Jaime Lannister: Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, also known as the Kingslayer.
Ser Arys Oakheart
Ser Boros Blount
Ser Mandon Moore
Ser Meryn Trant
Ser Balon Swann
Ser Preston Greenfield
Lord Eddard Stark: Lord of Winterfell, Warden of the North
- Honor always comes at a cost. A trusted, close friend and counselor of King Robert Baratheon.
Catelyn Stark: Lady of Winterfell, wife of Eddard Stark and mother to five of his children.
- Very protective of her children, a Tully by birth she still keeps to the Faith of the Seven tries to follow her House words, "Family, Duty, Honor."
- Robb Stark: Eldest son of Ned and Catelyn, Heir to Winterfell.
- Sansa Stark: Eldest daughter of Ned and Catelyn.
- Arya Stark: Youngest daughter of Ned and Catelyn.
- Bran Stark: Second son of Ned and Catelyn
- Rickon Stark: Youngest son of Ned and Catelyn
Theon Greyjoy: Heir to the Iron Islands. Hostage/Ward at Winterfell.
-Taken after the defeat of the Greyjoys. He was raised alongside Robb Stark.
Ramsay Snow: Bastard of Bolton, Ward at Winterfell.
Brandon Stark: Older brother of Eddard Stark, former heir to Winterfell, Lord of Moat Cailin.
- The hot blooded Northmen has many regrets that still hang over him from the Rebellion. His life goal now is to protect the North as he keeps himself busy restoring the stronghold that protects it from the South.
Barbrey Stark: Wife to Brandon Stark. Lady of Barrowton
- Roderick Dustin: Only child and heir of William Dustin and Barbrey and heir to Barrow Hall (actually Brandon’s)
- Harlon Stark: Second son to Brandon and Barbrey
- Alarra Stark: Only daughter to Brandon and Barbrey
- Alaric Stark: Youngest son to Brandon and Barbrey