Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-05-28
Updated:
2019-07-07
Words:
55,345
Chapters:
16/?
Comments:
142
Kudos:
708
Bookmarks:
71
Hits:
28,155

Option two

Summary:

Tobin meets Christen at the bar and... that's all I've got so far.

Chapter Text

“Come on Tobs, I will cover all your drinks for the rest of the year if you can get that girls number.”

“Fuck off Pinoe you know I barely and how often are we out together.” Tobin shoved her friend jokingly, taking a sip of water. Even though if tobin was being honest, the girl Megan was talking about was gorgeous, and she would like nothing more than to get her number. “Plus, she’s totally straight, there is no way she’ll be interested.”

“When has that ever stopped you?” Her blonde teammate winked and shoved Tobin back. “Come on T take one for the team, she’s gorgeous but I’m taken so you gotta get in there.”

“Yeah come on T, what if she’s the one, it’ll haunt your dreams if you don’t try now.” Lindsey chimed in.

“Oh my god if it’ll shut you guys up fine. Enjoy watching me get rejected.”

Tobin approached the woman sitting at the bar looking bored while typing out an email on her phone. She casually slid into the seat next to the raven haired girl and with a shy smile, she spoke “Hey I’m sorry if this is totally weird but my friends wouldn’t stop bugging me so do you think you could pretend to give me your number to save me from the embarrassment of rejection.”

The woman looked up at Tobin and suddenly the midfielder was lost in a sea of green. Her mouth went dry and Tobin swore that green was now her favourite colour.

“Am I only good enough to get hit on via peer pressure? Ouch.” The woman raised an eyebrow with a sly smile that let Tobin know she was egging her on.

“Definitely not, but if I’m being honest I just didn’t think you were gay so I just didn’t want to offend you or anything.”

“Would you have come over here on your own if you did think I was gay?”

“I- honestly probably not, unless I was drunk… you’re way out of my league.”

The woman laughed but Tobin swears she saw a blush trying to creep through.

“And what if I told you I am gay?”

“Well, I would consider this my lucky night if you weren’t miles out of my league.”

“How can you say I’m out of your league when you don’t know me? What if I’m actually a total bitch?”

“Well to be frank I honestly think you’re out of pretty much anyone’s league, but if you want me to get specific, you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. You were responding to emails on your phone when I sat down which means you have a job of sorts that requires you to email because no one does that for fun, your clothes are far too nice for this bar but very tasteful which in conjunction with the emails makes me think you have a fairly high end job. Did I mention you’re beautiful? And while I can’t attest to you being a bitch yet, I have a sneaking suspicion purely based on my observation that you can be a bitch when you need to be but overall are a great person.”

The woman stared at Tobin after her monologue, speechless at the analyzing and honestly accurate response

“Do you do this with all the girls?” She teased, with a hint of wonder in her eyes. //Who is this girl?// She thought to herself.

“No, most girls I meet at bars don’t have enough layers to them to analyze.”

“Why waste your time on someone so complicated then?” Christen had a feeling this woman wouldn’t have a problem picking up any other girl in this bar, gay or straight.

“I don’t think you’re complicated. I think you’re smart, a little sassy, and as I’ve mentioned, very beautiful.”

“What would you have said if you had thought I was gay and came over here fully intending on getting my real number?”

“You ask a lot of questions, another reason for me to believe you’re smart. Are you asking what my move is?”

“Mhmm, lay it on me. I’m interested to see what it takes to get the unintellectual bar girls to go home with you.”

“Well first off I’d never waste my real moves on just any girl. But since you asked, I should warn you, you’ll totally want to give me that number after this.”

“You’re very confident, or full of yourself, yet to be determined.”

“Alright then.” Tobin winked and cleared her throat, standing up before sliding back onto the bar stool. She slid her arm around the woman’s back high enough to not be inappropriate for a stranger, but low enough to get a reaction out of Christen.

“If it’s true that we are what we eat, then I could be you by mor-“

“Oh my god, are you serious? The woman swatted Tobin’s arm away shaking her head. Tell me you don’t use that line.”

Tobin burst into laughter. “I’m kidding I’m kidding, see now I know for certain you’re smart because you don’t take to lines like that.”

“Are you telling me you’ve actually picked up a girl with that line…”

“I can neither confirm or deny that statement. But, if you’ll let me I’d like to try out my real moves now.”

“Do your worst.”

Tobin composed herself, but before she could start talking, a man slid into the seat next to the woman, snaking his arm around her shoulder.

“Can I buy you a drink gorgeous?”
Tobin would have been more upset if the look on the woman’s face wasn’t so incredibly annoyed she looked like she was about to throw the man off his stool.

“No, thank you though, have a good night.” Christen spoke out civilly, giving the man a chance to walk away politely.

“Come on blue eyes, let me get you something.” The man’s arm slid lower on the woman’s body and before she escape his touch Tobin pushed the man’s arm away.

“Her eyes are green idiot, and she said no, so walk away.”

“Fuck off dyke, I’m having a conversation here.”

“No you’re really not-” Christen spoke as Tobin stood up off her seat.

“What did you just call me?” She spoke through gritted teeth, approaching the man.

“Look sweetheart, there is no way you can convince me this chick is into girls, so fuck off and leave us alone.”

“It’s time for you to go bud, the lady told you no so back the fuck off before I kick your ass.”

The man reached out to shove Tobin back but before he got to her she grabbed his wrists and twisted them up, shoving them against his chest and holding them there. “I’m not going to tell you again asshole, get the fuck out of here.”

“Jesus christ, fuck you, no woman is worth this shit.” The man stormed away holding his already bruising wrists.

“You didn’t have to do that.” Christen spoke quietly, clearly uncomfortable from the interaction.

“Maybe that was my move.” She winked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Oh so your mood is hiring assholes to flirt with a girl so you can fight them off and be the knight in shining armour?”

“I didn’t hire him, it just worked out that way so I took care of it. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, and what if I told you I can take care of myself?”

“I don’t doubt that for a second, and honestly? I’d say that’s really fucking hot.”

The woman definitely blushed this time as Tobin winked at her again.

“Are you still trying to get my number?”

“Depends, am I getting somewhere? Because if not, I’d still really appreciate a fake number so shut my friends up.”

“I don’t even know your name yet.” The woman challenged, clearly enjoying keeping Tobin on her toes.”

“Tobin.” She spoke softly.

“Christen.” The woman replied. “And what exactly would you do with my number Tobin?”

Tobin smirked and lowered her voice. “Depends, if you want, I could take you home, make you scream my name that you can forget tomorrow… Or, and I personally like this option, I could get you home safe tonight, call you tomorrow and ask you to go for coffee or dinner; then take you have and kiss you goodbye. After that I’d call you the next day and tell you how much I enjoyed our date, ask you out again and then repeat that cycle until you fall in love with me.”

Christen’s jaw dropped as she felt too many emotions to comprehend. She felt an electric shock jolt through her at the thought of this stranger having her way with her. She felt butterflies at the thought of falling in love with the beautiful girl who she’d just met. “I…”

Tobin smirked as her plan of making Christen speechless worked. “A third option I suppose is you give me a fake number and I walk away sad but partially with my dignity.”

“I don’t like that option.”

“And why’s that?”

“Because it’s the only one that doesn’t end with you between my legs.”

Tobin’s breath caught in her throat.

Christen winked and she slipped Tobin’s phone out of her hand, she took Tobin hand in her own, unlocking the device with Tobin’s fingerprint and putting her number in.

“I really hope you don’t lose my number in the sea of bar girls you’ve got in here, sorry it took so much work to get it.”

“You’ll be worth it.”

“Even if you don’t get to fuck me tonight?”

“It’s like you said, only the third option ended without me between your legs.”

Christen gulped as her words were thrown back at her. “You better use that number, I don’t give it to just anyone, it’s also taking everything in me NOT to go home with you tonight so,” Christen lowered her voice and moved her lips closer to Tobin’s ear. “I hope you think about me tonight, because I’ll be thinking of you.”

Tobin’s mouth went dry once again as she swore under her breath. “Fuck”

Christen smirked, pleased to have that effect on her.

“I have a feeling you might just be the death of me Christen.”

“Stay strong, you have to be alive if you want to get lucky enough to get me in bed.”

“Whose full of themselves now?”

“Maybe I just know what I’m worth.” Christen smirked and Tobin knew she was egging her on again.

“Well, just like your ability to take care of yourself, I find that really fucking sexy Christen.”

Christen bit her lip, enjoying the sound of her name rolling off Tobin’s tongue far more than she had a right to. “You should get back to your friends. They’ve been staring for quite some time.”

“What if I’d rather stay right here?”
“That’s fine, but I’m leaving-” Christen rose from her seat at the bar and leaned in close, “Because I’m way too close to ripping your clothes off in the disgusting bathroom of this place for me to stay any longer.”

Christen was about to walk away when Tobin snaked an arm around her hip, pulling her back in. Her voice was low and raspy and Christen’s legs almost gave way when she spoke. “I’m offended that you think I’d fuck you in this dirty bar, believe me, when I make you come for the first time you’ll be on your back in my bed, I can promise it will be a lot more comfortable.” Tobin pressed a feather light kiss to the shell of Christen’s ear, walking away and ensuring she go the last word in.

Christen stayed frozen in her spot for a moment before she was able to compose herself and exit the bar, mind racing with thoughts of the woman she had just met.

Tobin would be lying if she wasn’t incredibly worked up as well, but she put up a front as she walked back over to the table her friends were at, each of them starring, jaws dropped at the scene they had just witnessed.

“T you motherfucking dog what the hell just happened, you were over there for like an hour and she was totally eye-fucking you the whole time why the hell are you over here with us while that fine piece of ass go home alone.” Pinoe was beside herself.

“Calm down pinhead I got her number and I’m calling her tomorrow.”

“Woah woah woah, are you actually trying to date this girl? Who are you and what have you done with Tobin Heath?”

Tobin just shrugged, “she’s different, she’s not… I don’t know.”

“Oh my god you like-like her.”

“Well shit I never thought I’d see the day.” Lindsey spoke, mind blown.

“What happened to “miss my only true love is soccer and I’m too busy being a carefree shoeless wanderer to settle down with a girl.” Allie shot at her best friend.

“Like I said, she’s different…” Tobin smiled to herself as Christen’s eyes made themselves present again in her mind.

“Well shit our little Toby is growing up.”

Tobin just sighed contently, she was just as surprised as her friends at the events that had just unfolded. This beautiful stranger had just completely flipped her world around, and Tobin definitely wasn’t complaining.