Actions

Work Header

Coil and Croon

Summary:

A collection of minifics about SakuOro and their family. Many involving bb!Kakashi, and some with a variety of adopted cublings.

Notes:

Most of these are unrelated to each other; those that are connected have a parenthetical note in the title.

The first two were written for [personal profile] rthstewart's Three Sentence Ficathon. (Part 1; Part 2)

There will be one minific posted daily through May, to kick the collection off. Update: over a year and a half on of daily updates and they are like to continue for a while yet.

Sakumo's canonical character death shall not be featured here, nor anything where Orochimaru leaves (without his family). For those, rather more on the angst side, there's Broken Pack.

(See the end of the work for more notes and other works inspired by this one.)

Chapter 1: Warmth in the Winter

Notes:

Originally written for the prompt Any fandom, any character, cold blooded. Expanded and edited somewhat here.

Chapter Text

Sakumo smothered a laugh at the dark grumblings barely audible from beneath the heavy winter kakebuton. Apparently he didn’t smother it well enough; the mutterings faded into an angry hiss - though it was rather lacking in ferocity - even as the slender figure curled tighter. Orochimaru’s angular cheek settled on Sakumo’s chest, faintly cool fingers splaying over his belly. Snuggling for warmth, though he would, no doubt, never openly admit to doing such a thing.

Sakumo wondered, if Orochimaru was still with him in the spring . . . would he curl up in the sun to bask, like one of his own summons?