Actions

Work Header

Welcome Back Shiro

Summary:

Takes place in season 8

Shiro returns as the original black paladin

Notes:

Hey! here's another drabble! I got this idea from watching a few videos on Voltron and thought, it would be interesting to see Shiro return as the black paladin. So I wrote this, it's short and sweet, enjoy!

Work Text:

  “I can’t after you worked so hard?” says Shiro, with the time spent on earth and reuniting with families. Team Voltron gets some time of settling after being in battle-after-battle-after-battle. But with Shiro returning his bond with black is stronger than anyone could imagine. It's time to go back to the original lion placement from their time on planet arus.

 

  “Shiro, I never hoped to stick around as the leader of voltron. Heck, the first time I led everyone, I almost killed everyone.” Keith paused, “But your bond with the black lion surpasses mine. So I think it’s time for you to come back," expresses Keith resting his hand on Shiro’s shoulder. Everyone stood behind them—Pidge, Hunk, Lance, Coran, and Allura all with cordial smiles.

 

  A smile shows on Shiro’s face, “You’re right” he replies both clasping their palms simultaneously and sharing a hug. Striding to the lion the black lion lights up and kneels down to Shiro opening its mouth, granting access. It took a minute to walk into the lion but once he does Shiro stands in the cockpit. Taking in everything, he never expected he would pilot black again, assuming they would thrust him onto the atlas. As stupid as the thought was, the older man grasped the controls of his lion—taking in a deep breath—feeling the lion calling to him.

 

  It was a matter of time before a mighty roar exploded from the lion, the original black paladin has returned.


Series this work belongs to: