Actions

Work Header

Heda Unmasked

Summary:

Lexa is a vigilante determined to bring down the criminal empire that plagues the streets of Arkadia. By day she hides herself from the world, disguising herself as a shy student at Arcadia University. When she crosses paths with new student in her dorm named Clarke she has no time for socialising. When she discovers that the blonde holds the key to getting closer to the mysterious head of Azgeda, Lexa has to come out of the shadows and let someone into her world. She plans to keep Clarke in the dark about her secret identity but plans don't always go how they're supposed to.

Notes:

Clarke is just out of a bad breakup and isn't in the mood. Lexa is a woman on a mission. Anya is an confident hotshot athlete who thinks Lexa is still like they were when they were in high school and Raven just wants to party.

As always I am happy with respectful, constructive feedback but hateful comments will be deleted.

Chapter 1: An Unexpected Meeting

Chapter Text

"Is hasn't been that long. No Rae. I am not calling up one of your friends for a booty call. No, I don't want a date."

Clarke's cell phone cut off mid-conversation.

"Damn signal," she muttered to herself. "Every time I make a call. I really need to change providers."

She walked through the campus of Arkadia University, pulling her coat tightly around her. It was chilly for summer and eerily quiet in the neighbourhood. Since her break up with Finn and her car had broken down she had been walking home alone after her classes.

"Oh, sorry," she said.

Clarke hadn't expected the young woman as she had walked through the door of her dorm building. It was a brunette wearing black, rimmed glasses and her hair tied up in a french braid. She was dressed conservatively, her black jacket covering a collared white shirt. She was clutching a small black rucksack on one shoulder and carrying textbooks.

"It's fine."

The woman glanced at her for a second as if she meant to say something more and then Clarke held open the door for her.

"Thank you," the woman said, her head tilted slightly as she addressed her.

Clarke didn't reply but watched her rush outside. She turned to move away but suddenly heard a commotion and turned back.

"I don't want any trouble."

"We just wanna talk to you. Wanna drink?"

Clarke clenched her jaw and pushed the door back open. Two boys were harassing the girl, beers in their hands. One of them had a bottle almost in the girl's face trying to pressure her to drink. He was clearly drunk and spilling the alcohol all over her as he spoke.

"Leave her alone!" Clarke said firmly.

The boy who had been offering her the drink met her eyes. He had blue eyes and short light fair hair.

"This is none of your business. Get lost."

He scowled at her but Clarke just stepped into his space, maintaining eye contact.

"If you don't leave I'll call campus security," she threatened.

She stared him down. He sneered at her but then backed down.

"Whatever. It's no fun here anyway. Let's go."

The two boys started to walk away, swigging their drinks and Clarke rushed to the young woman.

"Are you okay?"

The woman was glancing down at her white shirt which was now soaked with beer.

"Oh your shirt," Clarke said suddenly. "I have a spare in my room that I can lend you if you want."

The woman lifted her head and Clarke saw something like intrigue in her expression.

"You don't need to. Thank you but I am okay."

"It will be no trouble. Honestly."

The young woman glanced off into the distance like she desperately needed to be somewhere before turning back to her. She seemed conflicted.

"Fine," she said as if she were the one doing Clarke a favour. "I haven't done any laundry yet."

Clarke quirked an eyebrow wondering what was with this woman. She seemed rude, abrupt, cold but yet something else seemed to lay behind that cold exterior. Clarke led her to her room.

"I'm Clarke. I just moved in," she told her as she turned the key in the lock. "I haven't even met my roommate yet. She's supposed to be moving in tomorrow."

"Lexa," the brunette replied, "I'm across the hall.

Clarke glanced at her. Lexa seemed to be looking around the room as she followed her inside, scanning it as if she was memorising the layout. Clarke felt her pulse quicken at the presence of this strange enigma of a woman in her dorm. She didn't appear threatening but something about the way her eyes narrowed and focussed on everything around her from behind the black frames unnerved her. Clarke couldn't help but notice Lexa's lip quirking slightly as if something was bothering her about the situation.

"Here. Just return it when you've done your laundry."

Clarke handed her a red shirt and Lexa took it, remaining as still as a statue otherwise. Lexa took off her jacket and began to unfasten her buttons and Clarke's eyes dropped to her fingers undoing each one and saw a flash of the peach bra underneath. She turned away sharply, realising that Lexa probably didn't need an audience and heard Lexa huff almost impatiently as she dressed.

"I'm done."

Her voice had a note of authority to it that was at odds with her bookish appearance.

"Huh," Clarke said spinning around.

She blinked at the sight of Lexa in her red shirt. The brunette was stuffing her other shirt in her rucksack.

She swung her rucksack onto one shoulder holding it with her right hand.

"Thank you, Clarke."

She said her name cautiously as if testing it out on her lips. Her tone was lighter now.

"You're welcome."

Clarke had her hands clasped together in front of her, a little awkwardly. She watched the woman head towards the door and then stop and turn back, her brow furrowed in confusion.

"What's your roommate's name?" she asked suddenly.

"Um... Anya Pine."

Lexa's brow furrowed even more but she said nothing more and just left, closing the door behind her. Clarke stared after her, deep in thought. She was intrigued by Lexa. She knew nothing about her, barely able to learn a thing about her. She had looked as if she was heading to a class but there was something about her manner that seemed unusual, something that made Clarke think that there was more to it than that.