Actions

Work Header

The Reclaimer Crusade: A 40k Story of the Primarchs In the 42nd Millenium

Summary:

Guilliman reawakens his Sister the eleventh Primarch under the Imperial Palace. Filled with Mixed feelings The two find themselves in a uniting of the Primarchs both chaotic and Loyalist in a battle of brothers where only one group can triumph. Awakened in an Imperium that None of them Recognize and Much less understand Guilliman Must lead his siblings to Reclaim what their father left for them and hopefully not loose all sense of the plot.

It is the Fourty Second Millenium and the Primarchs return from their exiles to face each other in combat.
In this Grim Dark Present in there is only war where brother fights brother.

Also Lots of family time with the Primarchs.

Notes:

Important Lore Message: I Am not a Lore Expert. All Mistakes are my own. And Yes I have a female Primarch. I know its not Technically Lore Possible but more on that as the story Goes. Much of the Fluff is convoluted and the Gathering Storm was Shit so I feel I can be a little leeway.

Also I have included some of the If the Emperor Had A text to Speech Device CHarecterizations becuase i like them better. They may not fit as well but i think an ounce of humor is well deserved.

Also Also I don't take this universe as serious as i probably should. The Absoulte Scale of the Universe and the Excessive Dark Feel are not my style so if anyone is offended by this just don't read it. Hence the Tag of Grimdark Parody.

Chapter Text

The great Cathedral that was the imperial palace loomed like Mountain among the Massive towers of holy terra. The Huge golden shape thrust upwards and looked like a monument of power to the emperor’s will. A Massive city In its own right. Its upward towers stood as a massive thrust of defiance to the ruinous powers that bayed at humanities door.
Roboute Guilliman Looked at the Millions of leagues that stretched in front of him. his armored hands gripped the massive railing as he looked across the sky toward the towers of Holy terra beyond. Guilliman looked away and turned back to the massive gates before him. his fingers pushed against the wall door which swung gently away from of him. the Palace was beyond massive and these halls had not been walked since his father the god emperor of Humanity had first constructed it. The caves below were carved by the emperors pure will.
Guilliman looked at a small mural of the emperor. As Imperial Regent he was the power that ruled these halls and all that was below him.
He mind moved to a mural of his brothers this one a full five hundred meters in both directions. Father Demanded their respect but he had never earned it. Heresy perhaps but the emperor had made them Twenty weapons in his war for Human dominance of all the Galaxy. Hidden behind a façade of love. Guilliman looked at the mural Showing them. Perhaps that was why his father had purged their brothers for being weak but had never denounced Horus for betraying him. Horus was doing was weapons do being wielded.
The only issue with Horus he chose to be used against his maker.
Guilliman looked at the mural of Sanguinius. His Most beloved Brother. How much we could need you now. Guilliman’s hand touched the mural in momentary lapse of judgement.
The mural shattered and fell to the round below them. Guilliman looked into the darkness of the hole that once been A mural to his brothers. He stepped through the gap. He had no problem seeing the dark. He was the emperor’s son after all. He looked at the winding tunnel and decided it would be fair. He was after all something that father had hidden and that was meant to be seen.
He stepped down into the darkness and walked past the cobwebs and touched the arch way. their above him was a numeral.
XI or possibly XXI. Neither was possible. He stepped into the palace room and a terminal activated in front of him.
[authentication Required]
The terminal and its Servitor skull mount scanned him. Guilliman looked at it read his face.
[Lord Commander Ruboute Guilliman]
[Authentication Accepted]
The lights came on and some kind Of coffin surrounded by wires and tubes extending into the walls. the lid was solid sealed piece of solid metal. Guilliman walked over to it. the face was engraved with a massive boss of the Logo of the XI or XXI logo. Guilliman touched the symbol and the coffin’s lid gave a subtle pop. Guilliman drew his sword and looked at the cloud of steam.
The figure who was close to his height but a bit thinner stepped out and extended hand with a glowing lance appearing in her hand.
Guilliman froze and lowered his sword. “impossible.”
“Roboute!” the figure leaped out and tackled the Primach rapping its arms around him. Long Scarlet curls of hair curled into three foot long tubes extended from its head as Guilliman looked at the coffin in shock. Had his brother been down here for so long?
The figure pulled off him and looked him in the eyes.
“so tell me?” thin lips parted in a smile. “how is father?”
Guilliman pulled back. “he is well. He said you were gone Julin.”
Julin looked at him with a smile but his shock was hidden behind his purple eyes. “It seems he told a different story to both sides of the situation.”
Ser Julin Sichelgaita the Martial Lord of Honor, Lord Protector of The Princess of Hafrika, The primarch of the eleventh legion and Crusher of Shengalian empire sat back on the plinth as a part of the wall extended and the a suit of armor was displayed for them. “And here I was thinking he loved us.”
“No I don’t think he did.” Guilliman looked him up and down.
Julin wiped a single tear. “And what of my brothers?”
“We missed you always for it was no fault of your own.” Guilliman looked as the armor extended at the ready. “we could have used you.”
“well good to know that at least one of you admits to missing me.” Julin walked over to the Armor and calmly stepped inside. “It is strange to see you alone and here of all places? Wouldn’t you better be on McCragge?”
“I’m Imperial Regent currently so I have to protect the empire and that means I have to kick the high lords of terror into action.” Guilliman turned away.
“Meaning something happened to Father.” Julin flexed in his Coral colored armor. The Deep Coral Color was inlaid on the armor with a short cape and a long skirt like cloth hanging to the ground but not dragging under foot. “I would have assumed Horus or Dorn would have been chosen.”
“there is much to discuss.”
A hand touched his massive blue shoulders. “be calm Brother With or without father we can do this together. All of us.”
Guilliman looked at his Once thought dead Brother. “We maybe the only Brothers left Julin.”
“Sister actually.” Julin touched his face. “Father never told you did he.”
Guilliman walked with Julin through the palace. “it seems father never told us a lot.”
“It is surprising it took me so much time to figure out my own secret.” Julin walked with him their massive steps towering over the other attendants. “I would have thought you would have noticed as well.”
“maybe the obvious is still beyond me.”
A group of sisters of silence Stood at the ready at the broken wall of glass which was spread across the floor. The group looked up at two approaching Primarchs.
Julin looked at the sisters of Silence with a snide smile. “Brother may I have these?”
“they are needed to Guard fathers Golden Throne.” Guilliman spoke with her.
Julinha nodded. “then I need to speak with our father.”
Julin walked through the doors to the golden throne past the custodians. Guilliman watched the doors closed.
Guilliman stood outside the doors to the Golden throne when a shuffling mass of mechanical modules came over to him and displayed the face of Belisarius Cawl.
“Imperial Regent?” Cawl Minor spoke to him.
“What is it Cawl?” Guilliman spoke thinly.
“Is it now evident that we should create legions from the Purged Gene Seed? The rise of a fully functional Primarch is not proof of the viability of such Gene seed? Would it not be a boon on our?”
“No.”
“But My lord Such an advantage would be great now we now that such a thing can be functional. This time can not be overlooked in the desperate time.”
The door opened and Guilliman looked as Julin stepped out her Long Curls of scarlet Hair hanging around her.
“Father has named me Abbess of The Adepta Sororitas.” Julin smiled At Guilliman. “I asked about our brothers but he was as he always is. Negligent in the truth.”
“Lady Abbess.” Cawl spoke up. “I implore you to consider use the Geneseed of your own creation to create Primaris Marines to Aid in our war.”
“No Magos.” Julinha looked at the Hologram of Cawl. “If Father were to rise tomorrow would it not be Our Heresy. It is only due to the desperation of the time that I am allowed to walk these halls and take my place before my brothers. Now Magos Go back to your creations.”
Guilliman looked at her. “welcome Abbess Julin.”
“Abbess Julinha.” The now named Julinha smiled at him. “I will need a ship and some of my sisters to form My legion again.”
“Given I wrote a codex about the creating a chapter.” Guilliman went on to explain the Codex Astartes. Julinha listen on but smiled as she listened to her brother explain his book. It was a silly idea.
“brother have you really implemented this?” Julinha asked of him.
“I have but I fear that times may have passed for their skills.” Guilliman stood with her in one part of the Imperial palace.
“Brother?”
“Yes?”
“Are you not a skilled tactician and one of the best in the galaxy.” Julinha suggested as the looked at a mural of the Emperor.
“I can see your point but I might have been a fool.”
“no. You did what you thought was right. There is no fault.” Julinha looked at the mural. “You figured out that if you were wounded you asked Cawl to be prepared if you went down.”
“I never told Cawl to do that. Whoever he dealt with was not me but I went along with it since It was because he was able to resurrected me.” Guilliman looked at her. “how did you know you were a woman?”
“I just figured it out after looking in a mirror.” Julinha looked at him. “and it explained why my legion was weaker and so harder to create new marines. With the fact I learned so much about myself and the future of the my legion.”
“so father locked you away.”
“I understand his reasons even if the actions weakened us overall.” Julinha put a hand on his shoulder. “But we can fix this now.”
“How?”
“we will find a way brother.” Julinha looked in his eyes. “in this darkness we will face it together as one united people. In this Grim Future we will stand strong as a blinding light in this darkness.”
The two looked upon each others face. Guilliman’s lip quivered.
“But we’re brothers.”
“I know.” Julinha tapped his face. “Your reading into this too much.”
There was a bright light in the sky a small meteorite came shooting toward the palace. The palace guns shot at the single drop pod.
“who would be crazy enough to drop pod into the palace?” Guilliman ran to grab a sword.
Julinha looked around for a weapon. “brother I need a weapon.”
One of the sisters of Silence offered her a Bolter. “thank you sister.” Julinha nodded to the woman and they ran toward the crashing drop pod.
The drop pod was hit several times and blasted through the roof and crashed into one of the halls of the Imperial Palace. The drop pod smashed down and broke open with force. The massive man stepped from the Drop pod with a massive cloth wrapped bundle bound to his shoulders with iron chains held tight over his broken armor chest pieces. The man flicked the long blonde hair out of his face and climbed down the massive hall when he was beset upon the Custodians. He lifted his Axe and roared his fanged mouth.
“stop where you are!” Guilliman stepped over to him and stood to face him.
“Roboute?” the Blonde man looked at Him As Julinha came around the corner.
“Leman?” Guilliman looked shocke. Julinha touched his arm and walked toward the blonde man. The Bolter hung at her hip.
“Hello Brother.” Julinha touched his chest piece. “your home.”
Russ sniffed her. “You smell like Julin but your not quite Julin.”
“well father did Make me a woman.” Julinha looked at him with a smile. “so what did you get us?”
Russ slapped her on the shoulder and headed toward Guilliman who he hugged close to his chest. “good to see you both. I have to get to father.”
The cloth bag moved under the chains. Julinha touched it. Her hair floated and she smelled faint flowery smell.
“What did you bring for father?” Julinha asked the three Primarch’s marched to fathers door.
“a gift that maybe able to heal father.” Russ marched through the doors which closed behind him.
“Well isn’t it quite fortuitous to have our brother returned to us?” Julinha smiled at her brother.
“it is almost too good to be true.” Guilliman looked around him.
Russ returned to them. “it will take time for Father to return to us.”
“SO what did you bring father?”
“the Tree of Life.” Russ looked at them. “now a drink would do. Strong if you have it.”
The three settled down when a message came to them. Russ was deep into his tankard.
“My lords.” The dark Angel spoke to them. “My Primarch would like to meet with you.”
Guilliman looked at The man. “send him in.”
Julinha took a drink of her glass. “Oh don’t be such a prude.”
“Yeah Roboute Lighten up.” Russ slapped Julinha on the shoulder. “so I have a battle Sister now?”
“yes father didn’t seem to want a Daughter.”
“Well” Guilliman sighed. “No woman could survive a Gene-seed transplantation.”
“Bah.” Russ slammed his glass to the table. “I could find a bunch of Fenrisian Shield Maidens to Be Space Marines! I mean if our father couldn’t find a Terran to become a Woman Space Marine But if we looked into the Sisters of Battle we’d find someone.”
“Sisters of battle?” Julinha asked.
“They’re the ecclesiarchy’s woman soldiers who are about as fanatic as Astartes and have frequently shown their incredible skill and strength to challenge the Astartes in battle. They love the fire and often assist in crusades.” Guilliman explained.
“Oh those crazy battle Sisters.” Russ laughed. “Aye they will kill anything that Father things is not on his skills.”
Lionel Johnson came into the room. “Imperial Regent.”
“Brother.” Guilliman steps over to him.
“Oh Its Lord Sword In the Mud.” Russ stood up. “so what do you want?”
“I have come to lend my skills to my fathers empire as the rightful Warmaster.” Johnson looked at them.
Russ burst out laughing. “oh brother look in the room. You think you have chance in this company?”
Julinha grabbed his hair. “be nice you two.”
“I see your still a heretic Sister.” Johnson said.
“You knew?” Guilliman said.
“of course I knew.” Johnson said.
Julinha rolled her eyes. “you are such a strange brother. DO you want a hug.”
“no.” Johnson gripped his sword handle.
Julinha walked over to him and hugged him. Johnson held himself very still.
Julinha released him and looked at Guilliman who was staring at the people.
“so shall we adjourn to the Meeting chamber.”

The council of Primarchs sat around the massive table that was sequestered deep within the imperial palace. The table was carved from a slab of heavy stone inlaid with the sigils of the twenty Primarchs laid out on the table arrayed in numerical order. the four Primarchs were seated in there respective spots with Julinha seated near to Guilliman who was standing to address the others. Lionel Johnson was seated in his seat and Russ was having a massive mug of Ale in his seat having just crashed through the roof not too long ago.
“SO few remain.” Julinha ran a finger through her long tubes of Scarlet hair.
Guilliman looked at the two other Primarchs. “Our sister has a point.”
Russ picked his teeth and breathed slowly. “And top of all things we lack a way to kill our fallen brothers. Though I understand not for a lack of trying Eh Guilliman?”
“Mortarian, And Magnus.” Johnson leaned on the table. “chaos reacts.”
“And the Next Batch of Primaris is still the thralls of Creation.”
“I wish Dorn was here.” Guilliman noted.
“Well he isn’t though we know what he would suggest.” Russ looked around the table.
The room was Quiet. Guilliman smiled. “he would order his entire legion together and have them defend holy terra.”
Julinha chuckled at the joke.
The group looked at each other.
“so what can we do.” Guilliman looked around them.
“I need to work on my combat skills.” Julinha smiled at them. “I’ve been out of practice for a long time.”
“You sister need to stop smiling.” Johnson looked at her. “your presence is infectious to the dire nature of our cause.”
Guilliman looked Johnson. “I remember when it was the three of us against the entire force of the imperium.”
“so Guilliman did you rethink your Actions?”
“all the time.” Guilliman noted. “what I would give if Sanguinius were here now.”
“Yes his presence would be a blessing.” Johnson noted. “I wonder perhaps if Only Father fell instead of our brother.”
Russ lunged at him. Johnson grabbed his sword. Gulliman was off his chair and dragged Johnson away. Julinha grabbed Russ and held his sword arm.
“Enough you two.” Guilliman lead Johnson away. “remember brothers our own Troubled history an that only together can our fathers legacy be saved from certain doom. We must present a united front.”
Russ looked at Johnson With anger. “I know heresy when I see it.”
“Brother.” Julinha held him back. “You know that father locked me away for my genetic shame.”
“Yes he even told others that I had killed you. It is that false anger that I hold as my perhaps only grudge against our father.” Russ looked away.
Julinha kissed him on the cheek. “your such a good puppy sometimes.”
Guilliman smiled in spite of himself. Johnson coughed and walked off. “I will ask for your forgiveness to my Slight against our father’s good name.”
“I will forgive you brother.” Russ grinned and extended his hand.
“then you will accept my position as Warmaster.” Johnson extended his hand.
“By the moons of Fenris I will never call you Warmaster.” Russ shook his hand. “just saying.”
“good you two can end this little squabble.” Julinha smiled at them. “We are a strong family divided, broken and fighting but a family regardless. In pain and forgiveness our bonds are made strong again.”
Guilliman looked at his sister. Father had locked away the one they had loved beyond all others. The one that had made Horus and the Khan laugh. The one that had Broken through Dorn’s hard exterior. If only father had seen how her wholesome innocent built on a life of kind raising by simple peasants and knightly Chivalry and how her strength of will in the face of sheer demise could have lead others to reconsider their choices. Instead father’s hatred of Genetic impurities had lead him to seal away his child for the crime of being not one of his so called sons. Guilliman harbored his treason in his heart and knew that the new empire they stood on was the most important one of all previous millennium. This was an empire in transition and war would be supplemented with internal Strife which would bring the empire to face the lingering corruption that had driven deep into its very heart. The Imperial worlds were dark with Corruption and it was not the darkness of Chaos which could be purged with violence and few millions casualties. This was rot that tore at humanities soul and they would need each other more than ever. Father’s most stringent dictates would need to be tempered in the cold hard reality of a war needed for victory.
“So” Julinha smiles. “so are we going to going on Crusade?”
“oh I cannot wait.” Russ grinned. “we should look for our brothers and gather up to deal with our former brothers. We will need to work together.”
“I will be fine.” Johnson walked off. “I will call if I need help.”
Julinha sighed. “come on lets go on without him.”
The three sat at the council table and looked at a holo map of the Galaxy. Russ scratched his elbow pit. “You know I can’t help imagine how much things have changed.”
“its not all a bad thing.” Julinha looked at the map.
“How so?” Guilliman said in depression and taking a seat. “All we fought for is gone replaced with a religious order where our children believe that we are the sons of a god. Is their any good we can gain from this?”
“we now have greater authority over the Imperium than ever before.” Julinha smiled. “We are the highest authority in the imperium with only father higher than us. We can command anyone in the imperium and can remove and control the imperium at all levels. The superstition of the Imperium allows us to control them with absolute loyalty. And we can teach our own Chapters as we see fit. If you wish to teach them to think logically. I would however consider it dangerous to spread the imperial Truth since it might be pretty dangerous that can lead to a much wider spreading of Chaos than what Has already spread among the people.”
The four Primarchs sat in silence for a moment knowing that every step they took was farther from the imperium that the emperor had built. Guilliman spoke up.
“Then we do what is right for our people.” His voice and vote was final.
The lion turned and left. Russ looked after him.
“SO can you let Magnus out so I can kill him?”
“He’ll find his own way out.” Julinha smiles. “he’s clever like that.”
“He’ll find his own way out.” Julinha smiles. “he’s clever like that.”
"Aye that is he is." Russ laughed. "still he wouldn't have fallen if not for Horus Lying to me"."
"and if I remember what you told me" Julinha Pointed at Guilliman. "you said Horus was turned By Lorgar who Fell to chaos after Father wouldn't let him worship Father as a god."
"yes I was there when he was rebuked."Guilliman nodded sadly.
"So this is fathers fault." Julinah suggested with a smirk.
"Nah Sister this Is Lorgar's Fault for being Such a bloody Milksop." Russ smiled as he chugged his glass. "I mean who goes out of their way to worship shit."
"much of modern Imperium." Guiliman looked at his notes.
"Hey their allowed to be weak will Milksops because there just human citizens. Lorgar was our brother and if our Sister can out tough him in a straight fight then he's not worthy to be called one of us." Russ finished his Ale. "weak willed Milksop Chaos worshiping coward."
Julinha smiled. "so we all agree that this is all Lorgars fault for being a weak willed man who clung to something to worship when he should have had more confidence?"
"Yes?." Guilliman said weakly.
"Damn right sister." Russ looked under the table. "So we gonna crusade?""
"once Everything is in order." Guilliman noted. "I just got back from crusade where I nearly got killed by Mortarion."
"is Perturabo a demon prince now?" Julinha asked.
"last time I checked." Guilliman looked at his notes.
"Good I need to get him back for insulting my Legion." Julinha leaned back in her chair.
Deep with the swirling chaos Lorgar felt a pin prick in his ass. He always got these when people talked about. He was not too pleased about it either.
"well maybe its time for a True Black Crusade" He said to the empty room. "I mean fourteen times is the charm right."