Actions

Work Header

Guns n' Hoses

Summary:

Firefighter Castiel and Police officer Dean have a 'friendly' rivalry and a whole lotta unresolved sexual tension. They love to tease and play pranks on one another. Each chapter will have moments where they need to work together or go to play a prank on the other department, or just go for drinks with the rest of the first responders. Eventually the sexual tension between them will get resolved.

PRANK WARSSS and these boys will take any chance to make fun of the other.

Most of these can be read as standalones.

Notes:

Ok so each chapter will have a random storyline and most of these could probably be read as standalones. Mostly just Dean and Castiel annoying each other while simultaneously working together.

First idea credit goes to PallasPerilous, who states that 'it's always fun to start with something exploding' except it doesn't but the car burning was her idea. XD

Please ignore my mistakes as usual :D LOVE YOU GUYS

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: It's going to EXPLODE

Chapter Text

It’s three AM when the fire department’s sirens blare out. Castiel shoots up from his cot and runs to the pole out of reflex, he slides down and jumps into his gear. Kevin pops up beside him and quickly jumps into his own gear.

 

“What’s the situation?” Hannah asks as she runs over to get into her own gear.

 

Inias opens the door of the fire truck, “Car on fire.” He says climbing in.

 

Castiel hops into the driver’s seat and Kevin and Hannah hop into the back. He turns the truck on and switches the sirens on as he hits the main road. People move their cars out of the way for him to get through and Castiel is grateful for all the people who allow him to do his job.

 

As he gets closer to the scene he can see blazing flames engulfing the car. The medics and police are already on scene and seem to have gotten everyone to safety. Castiel lets out a sigh of relief. He parks a safe distance away and hops out.

 

“About time you got here.” Dean, one of the police officers on scene and Castiel’s biggest pain, says. Of course Dean is here, they’re in the same district so they see a lot of each other.

 

“Oh, shut up.” Cas replies as he helps Kevin with the hose.

 

Dean smirks, “Tooouchyy, did someone’s nap time get disturbed?” He asks in a baby voice.

 

Castiel glares at Dean but decides to ignore him. He brushes past with the hose and aims for the car.

 

“Don’t miss.” Dean snarks. Charlie giggles quietly as she watches their exchange. She then heads over to the driver to get a statement who is sitting in the back of the Ambulance.

 

“Hey, how are you doing?” She asks softly.

 

“A little shaken, but I’m okay.” The driver says.

 

Jo, the EMT, who is checking the driver’s vital’s nods, “Yep, he is good to go.”

 

Charlie smiles at Jo who gives her a flirty smile in return. Charlie blushes and returns her attention back to the driver.

 

“Can you tell me exactly what happened?” She asks.

 

*

Kevin hooks the hose to the water supply and gives Cas the thumbs up. Cas nods and turns the hose on. He purposely makes sure to bring the water’s flow close enough to Dean to spray him slightly but not enough to put him directly under the high pressure stream.

 

“HEY!” Dean squawks as he jumps out of the way.

 

“Oh, sorry, didn’t see you there.” Cas smirks.

 

Dean glares at him, eyes reflecting the bright orange flames engulfing the car.

 

“You wanna put that fire out before the car explodes?” Dean spits.

 

Castiel aims the hose towards the car and walks around it until the flames are out and the only thing left is the sizzling charred metal of the car.

 

“Relax, Dean. We had plenty of time before the car exploded.” Cas says.

 

Dean rolls his eyes and walks over to Charlie and Jo.

 

“Hey ladies, stop flirting with each other, you’re on duty.” He says.

 

Charlie rolls her eyes, “I could say the same to you.” She gestures to his wet face and then to Castiel.

 

Dean’s face flames up, “What?! Eww, gross. No.” He’s quick to defend himself.

 

“Riight, say that to your flushing face.” Jo says.

 

“It’s from the car’s heat!” He growls.

 

“Whatever you say, Dean. Anyways, the driver says he was just driving home when his car started overheating. He got out to take a look under the hood when something in his engine made a sizzling and popping noise before there was a spark and it ignited.” Charlie explains.

 

Dean nods and goes back over to Castiel who’s bent over whatever’s left under the hood.

 

“Guy said his car overheated, some noises in his engine before there was a spark and it ignited.” Dean says to Cas.

 

Castiel nods, “Story checks out, no signs of arson. Engine is the most damaged. Likely cause of fire.”

 

Dean peers over Castiel’s shoulder and Cas moves over to let him look. Dean nods, “Okay, should I let him go? His wife is here to pick him up.”

 

Castiel looks at him, their faces inches apart, “Yeah, I don’t see why not. Our team will checkout the car in more detail during the day and let you know tomorrow night. We’ll tow it after that, it’s out of the way so it won’t cause issues.”

 

Dean nods, eyes flicking down to Castiel’s lips before Charlie and Jo’s words ring out in his ears and he shakes himself out of it. He unconsciously leans over to place his hand on the car when Castiel’s hand shoots out and yanks him away and, in turn, into his chest.

 

“Wow, what Cas?” Dean yells as he places his hands on Castiel’s warm chest to stabilize himself.

 

“It’s hot, Dean.” Cas says.

 

It sure is, Dean thinks as he runs a hand down Castiel’s chest, wait, what? “Oh… right.” C’mon Dean, snap out of it. What are you doing? “I’m going to… uh… let that guy go now…” Dean says stepping away from Castiel’s body heat.

 

Cas smirks at him, “Sure.”

 

Dammit Dean what the hell are you doing. You do not like this guy, remember. Pain in your ass. Oh, he definitely could be from the looks of it. STOP!

 

Dean groans as he releases the guy and tell him they’ll update him tomorrow evening and to take it easy. The driver nods and Dean watches as his wife sticks close to him and helps him into her car before getting into the driver’s side. She turns to look at him and runs a hand down his hair before leaning forward and kissing his forehead.

 

Dean’s heart swells and breaks at the same time. Swells for the sweet couple and breaks for his own future because who the hell would want to date a cop let alone marry one?

 

*

Castiel finishes packing up and gives everything a once over. He looks around the area to see if they are missing anything before his eyes land on Dean who is watching the couple in the car. He walks over to Dean.

 

“Oh, look how adorable.” Cas says as he looks at the couple and then turns to Dean, smirking, “You feelin lonely, baby?” He asks leaning in, waggling his eyebrows.

 

Dean’s heart skips a beat at the pet name, albeit it was said to tease him, it sounded hot coming from Castiel’s mouth.

“Shut up.” Dean says, shoving Castiel away from him.

 

“I think you need to find a good lay, sweetheart.” Cas says laughing.

 

“You offering?... sweetheart. ” Dean asks.

 

Castiel swallows hard and watches Dean’s uniform covered perky ass walk away. Castiel licks his lips and follows Dean to where their vehicles are parked. He really needs to sleep. His brain is having bad ideas.

 

*

Jo and Garth clean up and get into the Ambulance. Garth gives a quick salute to them as he drives off.

 

Dean and Charlie get into their squad car while Kevin, Hannah, Inias and Castiel get into the fire truck.

 

Dean rolls down his window, “See ya next time.” Before winking at Castiel and driving off.

 

Castiel rolls his eyes and turns on the truck to head back to the firehall for a much needed nap. He still has another 24 hours to go.

 

Till next time...