Actions

Work Header

Surprise

Summary:

Yoongi plans to surprise Jimin, but little does he know that Jimin has an even bigger surprise for him.

Notes:

tw: if mpreg isn't your thing, turn back now; also slight mention of abortion but it doesn't happen!!!

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

As Jimin looked at the two little blue lines on the fifth pregnancy test he’d taken (he had to make absolutely sure), a feeling of fear washed over him. It wasn’t over the concern of whether Yoongi would want the baby (which Jimin was certain he would), it was over the fact that Yoongi wouldn’t be home for another six months.

He’d have to go seven total months without his alpha… while pregnant.

“Shit,” he muttered. From his perch on the floor, he leaned back to rest his back on the wall of the bathroom. How does he go about this? Does he tell Yoongi? Telling Yoongi would mean that the alpha would fly home as soon as possible and likely cancel the rest of the tour he was on with Namjoon; Jimin didn’t want to do that to his mate, nor one of his best friends.

Does he keep it secret from the alpha? It wouldn’t hurt to keep quiet about it for a few months, right? Jimin wouldn’t even start truly showing until around five months, so he definitely could look the part of a “not-pregnant omega” for a little while longer.

But what about their friends? Does he confide in Jungkook and Taehyung?

After a moment pondering the last question, he decided his immediate course of action: he would call Taehyung first, Jungkook second, and decide about Yoongi from there.

Nodding to himself in self-affirmation, Jimin looked up to where his phone was placed on the counter, internally groaning at the thought of having to get up to retrieve it. He hauled himself up from the floor and picked up the device, quickly finding Taehyung’s contact and pressing the call button.

His best friend picked up on the second ring.

“Hello, Jiminie~,” the always cheerful beta sung.

Huffing out a laugh, Jimin dully replied, “Hey, Tae.”

Immediately noticing the change in his friend’s demeanor, Taehyung spoke up. “Is there something wrong? Do you need me to come over? I can probably get off of work in abou-”

“I, yeah, uh,” he interrupted, “something’s going on. I wouldn’t call it… wrong though.”

“Then what’s up, hyung?” Taehyung asked, confusion evident in his voice.

“I, uh,” Jimin paused and took a deep breath. “I’m pregnant? I guess?”

“You guess? Jimin, this is pretty serious, you better not joke around-”

Yes, yes, I’m pregnant, I’m pregnant. I’m pregnant, okay? And I don’t know what to do. I just really don’t know what to do,” Jimin said, gradually getting quieter, voice almost a whisper.

There was only silence from the end of the line for a few moments.

“Is it Yoongi’s?”

Eyes flying wide open, Jimin said, “Yes! Yes, oh my god, yes it is. It’s not like I cheated on him, I just… don’t know how to tell him. I don’t want to ruin the tour for him…”

“Who says that it would ruin the tour for him?”

“I know him well enough, I know he’d want to come back. He’d feel obligated to be with me and care for me… though I love that part of him, I don’t want him to sacrifice his livelihood for me. He needs to do what he needs to do right now, and I get that. I don’t want him to come home earlier than he needs to,” Jimin finished.

More silence.

“Are you considering not telling him, then?”

Exasperated, Jimin said, “Yeah, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. He mentioned maybe coming home part of the way through the whole seven months, though, so I was thinking maybe telling him then? I just don’t know… I don’t want him to be upset with me for keeping it from him, you know what I mean?”

“Hm, yeah, I do, but I know he’ll listen to your thought process about this. It’s not like you’re thinking of getting rid of it or anything and not talking to him about it first….” Taehyung stopped. Jimin could almost hear the gears turning in the beta’s head. “Wait, are you-”

“Oh my god, no, Tae, of course I’m keeping it. Sure, not the best timing, since neither of us have done our services and we’re still in our twenties, but I’d never consider that. I love him, and I love this baby, even though I’ve only known about it for about, what, twenty minutes?”

Taehyung chuckled, evidently relived.

“Good, I’m glad. I’m really looking forward to being an uncle to this kid already!”

Jimin smiled at that idea, already excited for the months to come. “Yeah,” he said softly, “me too.”

Another pause.

“So, do you want me to come over? Do you need me?”

“No, Tae, thank you though. I think I’ll be alright. I still need to call Jungkook about this too.”

Giggling, Taehyung said, “You know he’s gonna freak out about this, right? His hyung having a baby is literally probably one of his worst nightmares!”

“I know, but it has to be done. He’d probably yell at me if he heard the news from someone else,” Jimin said, laughing.

“Good point… and, Jiminie? Thank you for telling me. You know I’ll support whichever decision you make, okay? Let me know what you decide.”

Smiling softly, Jimin said, “Yeah, thank you Tae. Love you.”

The phone call ended quickly after that, and Jimin relaxed against the wall again.

Alright, he thought, next is Jungkook. Then Hoseok, so he can help me figure out any issues at the dance studio, and then…

He realized he couldn’t tell Seokjin: the omega couldn’t keep a secret to save his damn life, and would tell Namjoon immediately. And then, Namjoon, being the ever-noble guy he was, would tell Yoongi, who would likely book the first flight back to Seoul at his earliest convenience.

Sighing, he looked down at his phone again, and started calling his friends.

______

Upon telling Taehyung about his appointment with the doctor, the beta refused to let Jimin go alone, saying something along the lines of “just because your stupid alpha isn’t here doesn’t mean you have to be reminded of his absence.”

Jimin just rolled his eyes and let his best friend come, having expected something like this.

What Jimin didn’t expect was for Taehyung to have a list of questions to ask the doctor, nor to see him actually start grilling the poor woman with them. It took many minutes of the doctor patiently answering the beta’s questions and Jimin telling the beta to stop, assuring him that everything was fine and under control, in order for Taehyung to actually be satisfied.

Sighing, Jimin finally got to get a word in. “So, you said I’m about two months in? Eight weeks?”

The doctor perked up at this. “Yes! I’m surprised you caught it this early, many don’t find out until a few weeks from now, but from what you’ve told me about the morning sickness, it’s not that hard to put two and two together,” she said sweetly.

Jimin nodded, looking down to his currently-bare stomach. He slowly, gently, smoothed his hands over his stomach, comprehending the fact that he, legitimately, had a living being inside of him.

“That’s my pup,” he found himself whispering.

The doctor smiled fondly. “It is indeed… would you like a photograph of the ultrasound to take with you?”

A smile broke out across the omega’s face as he nodded eagerly.

______

It turns out that, after initially taking the news horribly (something along the lines of “how could you do this, hyung? I’m supposed to be the only pup in your life!”), Jungkook actually turned out to be very helpful as Jimin got further into his second month.

The alpha (read: baby alpha, as Jimin always called him) turned out to be the perfect comfort for Jimin when everything was too much. Jungkook often would spend the night or come over early in the morning to help the omega get through those lonely nights and mornings full of incessant nausea.

And that’s exactly where Jungkook was found this morning: on the bathroom floor, kneeling next to an exhausted Jimin who was still hunched over the toilet, rubbing small, slow circles on the omega’s back in a last ditch attempt at comfort.

“It’s alright, hyung, it’ll be okay…” the alpha murmured.

Lifting his head up agonizingly slow, Jimin turned his face to his friend, tears already streaming from his eyes.

“It’s not, I’m exhausted, I hate throwing up, I just want it to be over! I want this baby out of me,” the distraught omega sobbed, gesturing to his stomach.

Jungkook quickly took Jimin into his arms and started rocking back and forth, knowing that the poor omega just needed to be held. He needed his alpha.

Trying to help a bit more, Jungkook started to emit a scent intended to comfort, trying to remind the omega that everything was alright, that he had people there for him; there will be bumps in the road, but this too shall pass.

Jungkook continued rocking Jimin until the omega’s sobs quieted to small whimpers. The two men stayed on the floor of the bathroom in silence, the alpha happy to function as a human pillow for as long as Jimin needed.

It took about ten minutes until Jimin’s whimpers turned into steady breaths, and another minute or two for Jimin to finally remove himself from Jungkook’s arms. Sitting up slowly, Jimin brought his hands to his face and sighed heavily.

“Thank you for that, Jungkook.”

“Of course, hyung. Are you okay? Is your stomach feeling any better? Should we try and eat something before you head out for the day?” Jungkook’s questions continued even as he saw the omega, with the tiredest eyes, nodding after the second question.

“Yeah,” Jimin rasped, “let’s eat."

Jungkook stood first, and reached his hands downward to aid the omega; they moved towards the kitchen, arms wrapped around each other in both comfort and support.

______

By the third month the morning sickness had gone, and by the fourth, Jimin felt as though he was starting to show, just the tiniest bit.

He’d taken to looking at himself in the mirror on the back of the bedroom door; side profile, always checking to see if he’d gotten any bigger. Based on his cravings (a constant onslaught of sweet treats), he’d definitely gained some weight, but he wanted to see how much was him, and how much was baby.

The tiny bump he felt at the base of his stomach was surely imaginary (or just fat), but he liked to think that it was the tiny human inside him finally starting to show their face.

Jimin had stuck to using gender neutral pronouns for the time being, still waiting on that highly anticipated appointment to finally find out the gender. Being the excessive planner he is, he hated the idea of waiting until the birth to find out the gender… no, he’d find out the gender first, and then work from there. He’d already started planning out some names, but always felt guilty afterwards… he wanted to be sharing this with his husband, his mate.

He wanted to be sharing this with Yoongi more than anything.

It was with that thought that Jimin let out a hefty sigh and slowly made his way into the kitchen to have a late breakfast. Hoseok had moved Jimin’s dance classes to the afternoon, in order to help accommodate his morning sickness; it wouldn’t do to have a nauseous dance teacher.

Jimin had sat down at the kitchen table with his food and was scrolling through his phone when he saw a text from Hoseok that had his eyebrows furrowing in confusion:

From Hoseok: Gave you the day off from classes - don’t come in!

Cocking his head to the side, the omega quickly texted back.

From Jimin: Why? Is there something wrong?

Frown prominent on his face, he finished eating and quickly cleared away his dishes. As he finished putting them in the dishwasher, he heard his phone vibrate from its place on the counter.

From Hoseok: You’ve been working so hard, you need a break. Don’t worry, I’ve got your classes covered. Just take a break for once!

Smiling at his kind-hearted hyung, but still skeptical, he responded with a quick “thank you” and moved over to the living room, where he had a makeshift nest built.

Whenever he came home at the end of the day, he’d always feel so drained of energy that he often just laid on the couch for hours until he came to the conclusion that he needed to move his ass to his bedroom; to accommodate this, he had made the couch into a small nest (the bigger one was in the bedroom). Both were full of clothes that Yoongi had left behind while he was on tour; Jimin found himself missing his alpha more and more as the days went by, so surrounding himself in the alpha’s scent was the best he could do for now.

Sighing into the comfort of both the nest and his mate’s scent, Jimin curled up in the nest and reached for the remote, eager to finish catching up on his favorite anime.

He was about two episodes in when he heard a knock at the door.

Not thinking that anything could be awry, assuming it was likely Taehyung or Jungkook (who had been dropping by unannounced since long before he had gotten pregnant), he swung open the door without looking through the peephole first.

He had just begun telling Taehyung off for interrupting him when the person in front of him cleared their throat, and the omega finally looked up and locked eyes with the person at his door… who definitely wasn’t Taehyung.

The words quickly died in the back of Jimin’s throat, eyes widening comically, and before he knew what he was doing, he was rushing forward to jump into Yoongi’s arms, wide, dumb grins spreading across both their faces.

Yoongi dropped his bag, hooked his hands around Jimin’s thighs and carried the omega inside, both too caught up in scenting and kissing one another to care about the luggage the alpha left by the door and the fact that the door was left wide open.

Yoongi plopped down on the couch, Jimin perched in his lap; the omega leaned back to look into his alpha’s eyes.

“It’s really you, isn’t it? I’m not imagining things?”

Yoongi chuckled softly, eyes alight at finally being back with his omega. “Yeah, it’s really me.” He reached forward and framed Jimin’s face with his hands, touch delicate and tender, as though he were afraid he’d break Jimin.

The two men simply stared into each other’s eyes for a moment, no words needing to be said. Yoongi pulled Jimin down into a deep, passionate kiss, sending electric shocks from their heads to their toes.

Jimin sighed into the kiss, pressing his body into and wrapping his arms around his alpha, the high of being back with his mate definitely getting to his head.

After a few moments of kissing that seemed like hours, the two broke apart, lips darker and cheeks slightly flushed. They just looked at each other, neither in the right mind to say anything, both too distracted and in love with one another to even think about sentences other than “I love you.”

In that moment, though, Jimin was reminded of the secret he’d been keeping from Yoongi this whole time; a sobering thought. It brought him back to reality, and reality, though sweet, was vicious; he definitely couldn’t keep this secret from Yoongi any longer, especially now that the alpha was home.

Jimin took a deep breath, trying to make it seem as though nothing was wrong, nothing was going through his head, and brought himself back to the present. Now no longer blinded by the pure love he had for his alpha, Jimin finally had enough sense to question the man seated beneath him.

“What are you doing here?” He mentally noted to himself that this was likely the reason Hoseok had taken over his classes today; he’d have to thank the beta later.

A smug grin crossing his face, Yoongi said, “Well, it’s Valentine’s Day. Did you think I could stand to be away from my mate on his favorite holiday?”

Snorting, Jimin shook his head at his alpha. “Of course you’d do that… but what about the tour? Don’t you need to get back soon?”

“Ah, I have these two days off. I head to Japan after that.” Yoongi paused. “Why, are you already eager to get rid of me?” he said, a teasing lilt to his voice.

Scoffing, Jimin said, “Absolutely not! I’m just trying to figure out how much time I’ll have with you… I’ve missed you a lot, you know.”

“So you’ve told me every time we text and FaceTime, sweetheart.”

“Hey, don’t act like you haven’t missed me too!” Jimin said, lightly slapping his alpha on the chest. He decided to make his (definitely fake) offense seem even more real by getting off of Yoongi’s lap, and moving towards the still-open door.

Taking Yoongi’s bag in hand and slamming the door behind him, the omega asked another question. “Why did you even knock, anyways? You literally live here,” Jimin said, giggling.

Yoongi stood to take the bag from Jimin. “Just wanted to make it an even better surprise, is all. Can you blame me?”

Grinning and wrapping his arms around the older man, Jimin said, “No, no I can’t.”

Yoongi leaned down to peck Jimin on the lips. “Well, surprise. I’m here now. Is there anything you wanted to do today?”

Shaking his head, Jimin said, “No… being with you is more than enough.”

______

Staying true to what Jimin had wanted, the couple stayed in all day, cuddling on the couch. The omega had managed to not warrant questions about the nests he had built, simply getting a raised eyebrow from the alpha and then waving him off with an “I missed you, okay?”

But they were nearing the end of the day, and Jimin felt the pressure to tell Yoongi about the baby. Their baby.

They’d already eaten dinner (ordered in and gorged themselves while watching a movie), and now just lay on the couch, content to bask in each others’ presence.

Jimin lay atop Yoongi, angled slightly to the side as to not lay directly on his stomach; the alpha, of course, didn’t notice anything was wrong, but Jimin, knowing the ever-present and pressing reason for his position, felt like he was going to explode with nervousness.

Waiting a few more moments, hyping himself up and convincing himself that everything would be fine, Jimin finally broke the pensive silence that had settled between them.

“Hey, Yoongi.”

“Hm?” he said distractedly, not moving his head away from the screen.

“I’ve got, uh, something to tell you.”

This got the alphas attention, him quickly turning to look at Jimin’s face with a look of concern. “Everything okay?”

Jimin didn’t know where to start. “I, uh, yes? But um…” He paused, looked away from Yoongi’s piercing gaze.

“Hey, Jimin.” The omega quickly locked his watery (when had he started tearing up?) eyes with his alpha’s. “You know I’m here for you, right? You can tell me anything,” he said, slowly moving his hand up and down the omega’s back.

Jimin exhaled the breath he hadn’t even realized he was holding, and gave the alpha a small smile. “Yeah, I know,” he said softly. “This is just… a lot.”

“And that’s okay, baby. I’m still here.”

The omega steeled himself with a deep breath, and decided he should just come out with it. “So, I’m, uh, pregnant… four months to be a bit more exact.” Jimin looked up again, daring to make eye contact with the alpha, and watched Yoongi’s eyes slowly widen as he processed the information.

Jimin grimaced, worried about how Yoongi would take the news.

“Listen, I’m sorry-”

“Just wait a second.” Jimin’s mouth closed with a snap. The omega could almost feel the alpha below him thinking, could feel his alpha’s conflicted emotions through their bond.

The two lay in an uncomfortable silence for a few minutes, Jimin not daring to speak, until Yoongi finally broke it.

“Before you think I’m angry about the pregnancy, I’m not. I’m so, so happy, Jimin. Please believe that,” he said, pulling the omega’s face towards his and slowly moving a hand down to Jimin’s belly. “You know I’ve always wanted kids, and I’m so happy that it’s with you.” He moved his face a bit closer to kiss Jimin on the nose, then moved to kiss the tears away that the omega had let spill onto his cheeks.

“The only thing I’m confused about is why you didn’t tell me earlier… why’d you wait so long?”

Jimin let out a shaky breath. “I didn’t want to interrupt the tour.”

“Hey-”

“No, I knew, I knew you’d want to cancel the tour as soon as you found out. I couldn’t do that to you, and I couldn’t do that to Namjoon-hyung either… don’t even try to convince me otherwise, because I know you too well at this point.”

The alphas mouth was closed in a tight, thin line, and Jimin could tell Yoongi knew he’d been beat.

“Okay… I still wish I’d known, though. Have you been to the doctor? Who’s been helping you? Have you been in pain? Are you in pain right now? Shit, is that why you’re on your side? Is there-”

“Oh my god, Yoongi, stop. I’m fine, I can take care of myself, you know this. I’ve had Tae and Jungkookie helping me. They’ve been keeping me sane these past few months,” Jimin said reassuringly.

Yoongi let out a strong exhale, clearly still trying to grasp the situation.

“Okay.”

“Okay? You don’t hate me?”

Yoongi rolled his eyes and let out a chuckle. “How could I ever hate the love of my life?” He moved in to kiss Jimin fully on the lips, catching the omega off guard. At his omega’s squeak of surprise, Yoongi chuckled into the kiss.

He separated their lips just enough to be able to look into Jimin’s eyes.

“I love you, Jimin. This is the best present you could’ve ever given me.”

A smile spread across the omega’s face, more tears beginning to spill from his eyes. “I love you, too, Yoongi.”

Notes:

I literally got the idea for this in the middle of the night before Valentine's Day and I really wanted to finish it that day so it would be posted on Valentine's Day, but school got wild, so I had to give it a couple days in order for me to not rush it!

hope you all enjoyed the fluff!

talk to me/ask me questions on twitter!

 

support me!

 

happy belated Valentine's Day everyone!