Actions

Work Header

Brand New Man

Summary:

Harry has undergone some changes after taking down Voldemort, and he's about to gain another powerful enemy. One that he's known for a very long time. Enemies become friends, friends become enemies, and two lucky men become so much more to him, and each other.

Notes:

This is VERY BAD WRITING, at first, and way OOC, like I stated in the tags. Roll with it until chapter 16, and see if you can handle it when that comes out, because the rest of this was written years ago, and I've vastly improved since then.

I'm SO SORRY about the first 15 chapters! But I still like this as is, and I just want to continue it, not do a re-write.

If you like Malfoycest, give it a shot. But mind the Daddy Kink, it is STRONG in this one.

If you're into that, proceed. If not, well, proceed WITH CAUTION.

Chapter 1: Brand New Man

Chapter Text

Harry Potter opened his eyes, turning off his alarm clock and fumbling around in the dark for his glasses. He finally found them and put them on. Squinting a bit, he read the digital display on his clock. Why was he still dressed? And why had he set the bloody thing for midnight?!

Then he remembered.

It was finally his seventeenth birthday! He could leave! He was free!

He hurriedly packed, then shrunk his trunk and Hedwig's cage, putting them in his pocket. He told Hedwig to go to the Leaky Cauldron, that he'd meet her there.

Finally, he slid his window open, sliding onto his broom and flying a few blocks down the street, then shrunk the broom and summoned the knight bus, not wanting to be too conspicuous.

He was finally going to begin living for himself.

*****

When he finally got off the bus, he hurried inside the Inn, and quickly paid for a room for the week. He probably wouldn't need it much longer than that, seeing as he had quite a sum of gold that he could put toward buying a house, because he was not going to live at Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.

He hurried to his room, after he got Hedwig, who had been waiting outside for him, perched on the sign. As soon as he got his trunk and other items out and resized, he changed and laid down. He was asleep almost instantly.

*****

Harry woke up and smiled. It was his first day as a free man. What was he going to do? He went to his trunk and opened it, looking at the contents.

He briefly remembered the beginning of the summer, and the myriad changes he had gone through. He was finally completely disillusioned and fed up with life as the Gryffindor Golden Boy. He had not only become rather cynical, but he was an overall angry person, as well. He doubted Ron and Hermione would recognize the man he had become, but perhaps that was for the better. After all he had been through, he thought it best if he let the sorting hat put him in Slytherin after all.

He had, among other things, accepted the fact that he was gay. He wasn't sure how he had denied it so completely for so long, but it was now a part of him just like any other. And he liked wearing leather and fishnet, although he wore silk sometimes, too. He just let his mood dictate his apparel.

He smiled, pulling out his tight jeans and a black fishnet shirt with full sleeves. He wasn't going to wear anything over it. He wanted to show a little skin. He was feeling adventurous and he wanted to show off his new, toned torso. He wanted men and women alike to stare and crave. He wanted to end his days as the Golden Boy and become a sex symbol instead. He wasn’t the Boy-Who-Lived any longer. He was the Man-Who-Killed-The-Dark-Lord.

He headed downstairs and ordered breakfast, chuckling when Tom told him he'd be getting more than just stares if he left in that. When his breakfast came, he quickly ate it and headed out, looking around.

He spotted a tattoo and piercing parlour, and headed toward it, receiving a few catcalls and whistles on the way. It seemed no one recognized him as their saviour.

He walked in and earned a surprised look from a young woman who had more holes in her than Swiss cheese. "Well, hello. You're Harry Potter, aren't you?"

When he merely smirked and raised a brow, she let out a low whistle, looking him over closely, then smiled.

"Welcome to the dark side, Harry. More or less." She said, laughing. "So, do you want ink or holes? Or both?"

Harry considered this for a moment. "Both." He finally said, deciding to get everything out of the way at once.

She smiled. "Alright. I'm Kara, by the way." She said, leading him to a chair and arranging some piercing tools. "So, where do you want the holes?"

Harry smiled and stuck out his tongue.

Kara laughed and quickly pulled out some tongue rings. "Which one?"

Harry looked. Four of them seemed to be house colours from Hogwarts and Kara looked as though she expected him to choose the one with swirls of gold and red. He smiled and pointed to the green and silver one.

Kara took it out, raising a brow, but got him pierced without a word. "Oh, you may be talking funny for a while, but once you get used to the ring, that should go away." She explained. "Anywhere else?"

He grinned and tugged on the lobe of his left ear.

Kara smiled knowingly. "Ah. That explains the tongue, doesn't it?" She said, laughing, and pierced it, using the silver and emerald stud Harry had quickly pointed out.

Harry smiled, looking in the mirror. "Nice." He said, wincing at the lisp he had seemed to develop.

Kara laughed at his annoyed scowl. "Don't worry. Like I said, that's just temporary. Soon you'll get the hang of normal speech again."

Harry nodded, and contemplated getting his belly button pierced. He decided against it, thinking that if he wanted, he could get it done later.

Kara smiled. "Tattoo time?"

Harry nodded. "Just one. A green and silver snake."

Kara grinned. "Do you want it stationary, or magical? The magical ones tend to move at will. They can wander over the entire body."

Harry smiled. "Magical, then." He said.

Kara nodded, taking out her wand.

*****

Harry paid his bill and stayed awhile to chat with Kara, seeing as he had nothing else to do. "Are there any good muggle-style clothes shops around here?" He asked.

Kara bit her lip, thinking. "Hm... There's a store called Never Mainstream, down by Eeylop's, it's pretty good. I've been there a bit." She smiled.

Harry smiled. "Cool."

"Hello. I'm here for my first tattoo. Finally." A voice behind Harry drawled.

Kara smiled happily. "Draco! How nice to see you again. What do you want?"

Harry turned as Draco answered. "Just the Slytherin one." His eyes fell on Harry and his jaw dropped. "Dear Merlin! Potter?!" He asked in shock.

Harry smiled. "Hello, Malfoy. What's the matter? You look surprised that I'm still alive."

Draco mentally shook himself. "You look... Different. You've changed a lot." He observed. "And what's with the new speech problem?"

Harry chuckled, then stuck his tongue out.

Draco sighed. "Very mature. Oh! Well. I never would have expected that from the Golden Boy."

Kara was watching the exchange intently.

Harry just shrugged. "Like you said, I've changed a lot. I'm not the same person I was at the end of last year." He said. "Now, if I remember correctly, you were here to get a tattoo? Don't let me stop you."

Draco nodded. "Right." He said, and went to sit in one of the seats while Kara quickly gave him the same tattoo she had given Harry.

Draco smiled and got up, then handed over the money as they walked to the front of the store.

As Kara handed him his receipt, she smirked. "So, are you willing to date me now?"

Draco shook his head, chuckling. "Sorry. Still gay." He said.

Kara sighed, looking over at Harry. "All the cute ones. Is there some conspiracy or something?"

Harry shook his head, laughing. "Not that I know of. I think I'll check out that store now." He said, leaving the piercing parlour. Draco followed him.

"Potter, why are you dressed like that?" He asked.

Harry laughed. "Because I couldn't leave the Inn without clothes, so I put some on."

Draco sighed disgustedly. "You know what I mean. You're all... Goth. It's weird."

"Is that what you think?" Harry asked, distracted. "Since I don't want to chat in a clothing store, how about we talk over a drink and then you can get all your answers, hm? If you still want to follow me, then you'll at least have less to say."

Draco smiled, following him into a pub.

They both ordered Firewhiskey. "So," Draco asked after they got their drinks, "What's with the new look and attitude? Who are you, Potter?"

Harry sighed, taking a sip of his drink and staring into it thoughtfully. "If I had the answer to that, I'd tell you. Trust me. I'm not sure even I know anymore."

Draco took this in. "Oh. So you're looking to find out?" He guessed.

Harry nodded. "I figure if I keep up the mask I've been using for the last six years, I'll never be able to let go of it."

Draco smiled. "I don't think many people would mind." He pointed out.

Harry snorted. "I know. But I would."

Draco sipped his drink, looking at Harry thoughtfully. "You know, I think we should call a truce. You seem to be becoming a more genuine person, and the world tends to look down on that. You need at least one friend who will stick by you no matter who or what you turn out to be." He said.

Harry smiled at him. "I'd like that."

Draco nodded. "Then it's settled." He watched his new tattoo circle his wrist, smiling at the green and silver snake, the mark of Slytherin.

Harry saw it and felt confused. "So that's the Slytherin tattoo, huh?" He asked Draco.

Draco looked up, startled. "Oh. Yeah. Why?"

Harry blinked in confusion. "Because..." He pointed to his chest where a coiled-up snake was showing through the fishnet. "I saw it in a dream and wanted to get it ever since." He explained, as Draco's eyes widened.

"That's really weird, Potter." He said.

Harry smiled. "If we're going to be friends, let's not use last names, alright?" He asked.

Draco smiled. "Fine. But you're removing the barriers that protect you from my advances. Do you really want to do that?" He teased.

Harry shrugged. "I don't mind." He answered, grinning.

Draco raised a brow. "If you say so. What were you saying about a clothing store?"

*****


Harry smiled, looking through a rack of jeans in varying states of destruction.

Draco sighed. "Why would you spend extra money to buy trousers that look like you just escaped a run-in with a hungry dragon?" He asked.

Harry smiled, pulling out a faded pair and holding them up. "Because I can. What do you think?" He asked, showing them to Draco.

Draco shrugged. "They're very shredded." He said.

Harry nodded decisively. "I like them, too." He replied.

Draco stared at the leather and chain thing Harry had also decided to buy. According to Harry, it was a pair of trousers. To Draco, it looked like a torture device.

A rather kinky torture device.

Harry smiled, pulling out a loose-fitting emerald green silk shirt. "This is nice." He said, putting it with the trousers and heading to the register.

Draco sighed, following behind him silently. "Silk and leather and shredded jeans? Potter, your taste in clothes is all over the place. Can't you pick just one style?"

Harry laughed. "Nope. I'd get bored too fast."

Draco tried to ignore the fact that Harry had started flirting with the man at the register. He felt his heart sink a bit. Was Harry only interested in older men? If so, Draco wouldn't stand a chance. However, he could still hope.

*****

“So, how long are you going to be here?” Harry asked around the jawbreaker in his mouth.

Draco shrugged, pulling the blood-flavoured lollipop out of his mouth to swirl his tongue around it suggestively. “Until I decide to go home. I told Father that I might just get a room at the Leaky Cauldron tonight, if I found someone suitable to share one with.” He purred, leering at Harry.

Harry shrugged. “I don’t jump into bed with arch-rivals that easily, Drake.”

Draco choked at the nickname. “Drake?!” He sputtered.

Harry looked at him, an eyebrow raised. “You’d prefer Dray? Or how about Dragon? Because I refuse to call you Draco. It makes me think of Dragonheart.” Before Draco could ask, Harry clarified. “It’s a muggle thing, you wouldn’t understand.”

Draco mumbled something. Harry clearly made out the word ‘Dragon.’

“What?” He asked.

Draco glared at him. “I said, ‘Only my mother calls me Dragon!’” He hissed.

Harry laughed. “Cute. Anyway, as I was saying, you’d best wait and prove yourself if you want me to get in bed with you any time soon. You’d be best served waiting until after I’m re-sorted.” He told the blond.

Draco sighed. “Fine. If you insist?”

“I do.” Harry said lightly. “Oh, let’s go in here!”

Draco sighed, following Harry into yet another clothing store.

*****

“Merlin, you spend money like it’s falling out of your arsehole, Harry!”

Harry shrugged. “Might as well be. I inherited the Potter and Black vaults. I’m loaded.” He said lightly.

Draco raised a brow. “Really?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah.” He walked into the leaky cauldron. “You getting a room?” He asked.

Draco shook his head. “Nah. I’ll Floo home. I’ll see you on the express?”

Harry smiled. “I’m sure you will.”

Draco smirked, leaning down to lightly brush his lips against Harry’s. “Bye, then.” He said, walking to the fireplace and Flooing to Malfoy Manor.

Harry cursed, heading to his room. ‘Well, if I wasn’t already looking forward to a lonely wank before bed, that kiss clinched the deal. Maybe I should have let him stay. He may be my ex-worst-enemy, but he’d at least make a great first time.’

*****

Harry woke, looking over at the clock and growling at his door, which insisted on being pounded against at...

“Three AM?! Bloody fucking hell!” Harry got up and strode to the door, wrenching it open to scowl at whoever was on the other side. He stared in shock at the battered form of Lucius Malfoy, holding a limp and bloodied Draco.

“Draco told me where you were before he passed out. I mean you no harm. Can I bring him in? We need a safe place to stay tonight. Somewhere we won’t be found.” He explained.

Harry stood aside, dumbfounded.

Lucius carried Draco inside and Harry quickly transfigured the couch into a bed, where Lucius laid Draco.

“Why are you... Here?” He wanted to ask why they had been fucked up, and who had done it, but knew that if he was to know, Lucius would choose to tell him.

“It was MacNair.” Lucius said shortly. “Narcissa was... Upset that I divorced her.”

Harry nodded. “I see.”

Lucius sighed. “I’m sorry to impose like this. You should go back to sleep.” He said.

Harry shrugged. “I’m up now.” He said. “Is there anything I can do?”

Lucius cast a Scourgify on Draco, revealing that most of the wounds had stopped bleeding. “I think he’ll be fine. Thank you. I understand that this is... Highly unusual. But he’s my only heir, and frankly, I don’t feel like lying with another woman, so I’d like for him to live.” He sneered, spitting out the word ‘woman’ as though it were foul.

Harry frowned. ‘Okay.’ He thought. ‘Like father, like son, I guess.’ He looked Draco over closely. ‘He looks rather... Angelic, when he’s not smirking, or sneering, or leering, or anything like that.’

Lucius stared at Harry for a moment, his eyes glazing over slightly. He shook himself. “Do you have anything strong to drink?” He asked.

Harry smiled. “Scotch. Or Firewhiskey.” He offered.

Lucius smiled. “Firewhiskey is always acceptable.” He said.

Harry poured them both a drink and sat on one of the two armchairs in the room. “So, why did you come here?”

Lucius sighed. “They are watching the Manor. Three against one are not very good odds, Mr. Potter.”

Harry sighed. “Call me Harry, please. When can you get back to the Manor? Because I do start school soon.”

Lucius shrugged. “I’ll have to wait for some time. I can go to one of our other homes, but not with Draco, in his state. He can’t be moved by apparition, Floo, or Portkey. It would put too much strain on his body.”

Harry nodded, looking down at his glass, realizing that it was already half empty. He refilled it, then held out the bottle to Lucius, who nodded, accepting a refill. “Mr. Malfoy, what if-“

“Lucius, if you don’t mind. Mr. Malfoy makes me feel so old.”

Harry grinned. “Old enough to be my father?” He shot back.

Lucius gave him a droll stare.

Harry cleared his throat, still smiling. “Right. Well, Lucius, what if I take Draco with me when I buy myself a house, and I’ll watch over him? I was planning on inviting him over anyway. We’ve decided to become friends.”

Lucius nodded. “So he’s told me. Better late than never, I suppose. I think he’d enjoy spending some time with you before school. He seems... Enamoured of you.”

Harry blushed. “You don’t mind? His... Preferences, I mean.” He asked.

Lucius smiled slowly. “Why, Harry, why would I mind? If I weren’t, as you put it, ‘old enough to be your father,’ I’d have to try for you myself. Sadly, I don’t think I stand much of a chance with the age gap between us.”

Harry gulped, staring at his drink, then drinking the rest of the glass down. He took a deep breath. “Actually, Lucius,” He said softly, “I don’t care about age. Most of the people my age don’t understand what I’ve been through, anyway. I just want someone that cares, regardless of age.”

Lucius stared at Harry intently. “Is that your way of saying that you’d accept a relationship with me?” He asked cautiously, not wanting to misinterpret Harry’s words.

Harry nodded.

Lucius smiled. “And it’s not just the Firewhiskey talking, is it?”

Harry smiled back, chuckling. “No. Although it did help, I suppose.”

Lucius sighed. “Draco will not be pleased. He’s liked you for quite some time.” He said. “Perhaps I should let him be with you first, and you can come to me if it doesn’t work. After all, he’s one of the few people your age that really will understand what you’ve been though.”

Harry shrugged. “I don’t know. Let’s just sleep and discuss things in the morning with Draco. Maybe he has a good idea.”

Lucius smiled. “I can agree to that. Where do you want me to sleep?”

Harry looked around, then cursed, blushing. He cast a quick charm to expand the bed, then turned to Lucius. “Stay on your side?” He asked.

Lucius laughed. “Your virtue is safe with me, Harry. At least until we’ve decided where to go from here.” He said.