Actions

Work Header

Don't Touch The Silence

Summary:

Secrets built Beacon Hill's from the ground up.

Not those fun secrets like how he Millers hate the Docks for stealing their horse's fourty years ago, but nobody talks about it. Amy Kelt slept with Chelsea's husband Roger on their wedding night, and the town has been destitute since 1598.

No, Beacon Hill's was born of witches blood and werewolf pride. Was protected and cursed by the fae. Dragons used to lurk in the caves nearby, and banshees guided those to the afterlife.

But then the witch trials happened, hunters moved in, and the magic that built Beacon Hill's was casted out. But the people don't talk about that, they remain silent. Quiet.

Well they did until Peter, casted out of his pack, walks into town. And Stiles, the outcast, follows after.

[DISCONTUINED/INCOMPLETE]

Notes:

The popped up in my head! I'll probably add more to it when the mood strikes, because I have some ideas, but I just wanted to stop looking at it in my google docs for a while. Hope you like it!!

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Peter

Chapter Text

Betrayal is defined as, the action of betraying one's country, a group, or a person; treachery. Understanding such words was an important part of being the Left Hand, to become a good and fair executioner you have to know why the threat needs to be eliminated. Or at least that’s how Peter felt. He was always different in a peculiar way. Too cruel for the villagers, but too kind for his pack’s taste. No, not his pack.

 

His sister, his Alpha, Talia.

 

For all his understanding and love for words, Peter can’t help but not understand the feeling that overcame him, as he stands on the outskirts of the Hale land alone. Betrayal is no longer a word applied to a dangerous threat to his family- his home . It’s now a feeling curling around his heart as his sister- no the Alpha- renounces his place in the pack.

 

Betrayal is a numb feeling he finds. Not as sharp as traitor or as cruel as treason. But numbing as his entire belief is ripped away like a limb in war. Peter feels as the warm pack bonds in his mind slowly fade into a cold ember. His wolf howls in anguish when the last pack bond fades.

 

Cora’s.

 

After that all Peter can hear is silence- somehow becoming a physical representation of his numbness. He can’t tell how long he lets himself stand just on the other side of the Hale territory. How long he considered pushing himself forward, breaking the barrier and fighting his sister- no the Hale Alpha - on keeping his place within the pack.

 

But he doesn’t. He sways in shock, cries silently, and loses time. But he never crosses the invisible line.

 

That’s where the boy finds him, covered in grief and pain, just like the man before him. They both look at each other silently, both waiting for the other to speak up first, as if the silence was a thick barrier that only the most important words can crumble. Peter opens his mouth, but the boy turns away- his sent spiking with the sour taste of worry- and runs off towards the small village of Beacon Hills. His scent of grief, pain, and worry , all wrapped in honey leaving a trail behind him.

 

Peter lets his mouth fall back shut again. The silence that for a brief moment was shared between the two now pressing heavily against his chest. He can't help but wonder if he should follow the trail the boy left behind. If he should go towards the village that always thought him too cruel, and try to rebuild. Rebuild in a place that's familiar but far enough away from those who had hurt him.

 

The silence doesn’t answer his question- it never will- but as he looks back towards the Hale territory and then towards the path the boy had let down he find one leaves him feeling less and the other feeling more .

Of what? Peter doesn't know.