Actions

Work Header

You Are The Only

Summary:

A group of researchers and adventurers accidentally got lost in a large cave. That mysterious cave led them to a strange world and it disappeared before they realized what happened.

In this world, they meet their fate mate.

Notes:

Hello, I'm Ressin. This is my first Haikyuu fic in English. I even don't know how far I can go. Okay, I will go as far as I can. Please support me!

This work has many parts, every part will be about a couple. And first, we start with TsukiYama's story.

Chapter Text

------o0o------

It is a month since he was stuck in this weird place with his friends. After a week of researching, what he got is this place is an enormous forest. There is no existence of human, excepting them, no technologies. All he has seen are many kinds of creatures surrounding them. There are some he had never seen before.

At the early time. Tsukishima could not stand with this inconvenient place, but little by little he got used to it. He started learning how to use raw materials and built his own tree house, learning to take care of himself. He even tried to find the way to escape, but hopeless.

Today, he goes out with Daichi to do plants researches. Researching is just an excuse, the truth is they want to find a way to go back home. Every time they find out a cave, Daichi always wants to get into. However, that is not the cave will bring them back to their world.

Tsukishima can understand the reason Daichi do not want to give up. There is one person is waiting for him to come back. But for Tsukishima, that person had not existed anymore. Therefore, he has no reason to tries hard to come back. This world may be inconvenient, but that is not a big problem, he could handle it.

Wasting a half day just wanders aimlessly in the forest, it made Tsukishima is so irritated.

“Can we go back?”

He is sick of this. There is no way to exit this world.

Why are these people so stubborn?

Both of them have walked around for hours and are totally tired. Moreover, Daichi knows this young boy does not have the intention to return their world.

“Okay, today is enough, let go back.”

Daichi just smiles. Today is still such a bad day, from the morning, when he knew there no one at home, but him and Tsukishima. Nevertheless, how lucky is that Tsukishima suddenly wants to go out.

In this forest, they must not go out alone, the dangers always lurking out there. The creatures here are not as same as the usual, maybe the appearances are same, but the size. The species here are big as ten times as which they have known, like the giant mosquitos, the giant worm, man-eating trees, lots of things.

On the going back way, both of them keep the silent. Daichi wants to say something, but he swallows it in. Of course, do not need to talk to Tsukishima, for sure that he does not want to open his mouth.

Suddenly, a noisy sound breaks the tensional atmosphere. Daichi sees a black thing is plunging in high speed into him. He immediately dodges as classical conditioning. However, the young guy behind, he does not know what is happening, so that thing bumps against his face. Daichi blesses for that poor little thing, Tsukishima is angry now.

Tsukishima grabs that thing out, but it stubbornly clings on to his face.

“Get. Out!”

He grins his teeth, his hand tries to pull that thing out. Finally, he successfully rescues his face. He looks at the creature in his hand. It is soft and trembling.

“A crow?”

He thinks that, because this is the first time he has ever seen a crow is plump like this. A little, plump and… ugly crow. However, it is not the time to complain. Since from the distance, another loud sound is coming. They have a bad feeling about this.

“Giant Worm!!!”

Daichi screams by all he has. Without the second thought, they run as they had never run before.

The Giant Worm, the biggest worm in this forest. They eat everything catching their eyes. Even though the big size they are, their speed is very fast and they destroy everything on their way. Today is still lucky that there is just only one here. If more, all of them will become dinner for those worms.

Daichi and Tsukishima run to a big tree, quickly climb on it. As their research, insects here, do not know why neither climb on trees or have an idea to destroy big trees. Therefore, they are safe, when they on the tree. The Gian Worm goes around under, waits for his prey. However, the time goes by, he gets bored on waiting, he goes away.

When they see the worm goes far away. Daichi and Tsukishima, even the little crow, breathe a sigh of relief. They are totally safe now.

Tsukishima realizes his hand is holding something.

Why is it still here?

“How troublesome.”

He intends to throw that little crow away, but Daichi stops him.

“Don’t be heartless like that. Let me see.”

As the moment Daichi touches him, the crow immediately grasps Tsukishima’s hand tightly.

“It seems he likes you.”

Daichi laughs.

There is nothing to laugh.

Tsukishima shows his irritated face, looks at the bird. When the bird's eyes touch Tsukishima’s eyes, he has a strong feeling that he is going to be eaten.

This kind of species is so scary. The little crow thinks.

“… Fine, we’ll have the crow roast tonight.”

Look like, the little thing in his hand can understand what he had said. He struggles to escape Tsukishima’s hand, but useless.

No, I don’t wanna become a roast. Mama, save me!!

He screams inside. Even he does not know what the roast is, but he for sure it is the name of a meal, he will be eaten. He does not want to be eaten. He still young, his mama and his brother are waiting for him to come back. He does not want to die.

Mama!!!!!