Actions

Work Header

SOTUS: First Weeks and Friends

Summary:

Kongpob and Arthit just started dating, and they are not good at hiding their relationship.
 

Or: Nosy people find out that their friends are gay.

Notes:

this is also on wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/story/162011465-first-weeks-and-friends

My friend and I formulated and wrote this story together. This is our first story, so please be kind to us. :)

It is set at the end of episode 13 and stretches episode 14 (a whole lot).

Sotus: The Series didn’t give us much of the first part of Arthit’s and Kongpob’s dating life, so we tried our best to do it here. The series also puts their friends on the sidelines, so we tried to tell some parts of the story from their friends' perspectives.

This story is somehow canon compliant with some small changes here and there.

Credits to Bittersweet for the characters and the canon story, of course.

Hope you like it!

Chapter 1: Just Like Us

Chapter Text


"Uh, Kongpob..." He glances at his new boyfriend. "I have something to return to you." Arthit tries to fool him. Kongpob opens his palm, and the other lets the gear dangle from his hand. Shocked, Kongpob looks at Arthit, thinking the senior is returning his gear to him.

But this gear is gold. "57" is written on it. It's his gear. Kongpob realized Arthit is giving his own gear to him.

"Take care of it for me." 

Kongpob can't believe it. Never he imagined that his senior will give his own gear.

"I'll take care of it with all of my heart," he says, unapologetically beaming a wide smile.

Arthit didn't expect he can do such a thing. He knows himself. His awareness of all his dislikable characteristics that night on the bridge proves it. He's being overwhelmed by his own cheesiness that all he can do is walk away with a large smile he's trying so hard to suppress.

"Nong, your food!" The guy manning the food stall reminded him. It's embarrassing. He really forgot the food he ordered, Kongpob's favorite bland food that he ordered just because he wants to be reminded of him. Arthit shyly goes back and pays for the food. "This is not your usual order. What happened?" The man at the food stall is curious. He knows Arthit since his first year in the university.

Kongpob happened. That's the right answer, but in no way Arthit will tell him that. He just smiles and grabs the food. Kongpob, amused, just watches him.

Since they both ordered take-outs, they decide to bring their food to Arthit's room and eat together. This will be their first meal together as a couple. 

~

Their dinner goes smoothly. No one talks, and both are just content with stealing glances at each other. Both of them ask themselves if new boyfriends eat this way.

After finishing their meal, Kongpob sits on Arthit's bed, not really sure what to do next. It was easy to tease his senior back then, but now that he's his boyfriend, he doesn't want Arthit to be annoyed with him.

Arthit notices Kongpob's silence. He thinks that, maybe, Kongpob is thinking of what he's thinking.

Since the night Arthit kissed Kongpob, he was already thinking of how to break the news to his friends. Coming out is already a big thing itself, but coming out and announcing that he's already dating a guy, the guy that everyone knows he despises, would be enormous news.

He sits beside his junior, thinking of how to open the conversation.

"P'Arthit, is everything alright?" 

Arthit sighs. "Kongpob, what do you think of your friends? Do you plan to tell them?" Kongpob tilts his head.

Arthi bites his lip. "I mean, do you plan to tell them about us?"

Kongpob is startled by the question, but he already thought of it, too. Em is his best friend for years now, and he will surely be shocked. However, he knows his best friend is understanding and accepting, so he doesn't really seem like a problem. Based on how they accepted Prae when she came out, he thinks his other friends will be okay with it too. Or is it different for gay guys?

"I know them, P'. I'm sure they will be okay. Besides, they don't have a say in our relationship."

"I know that, Kong. I just don't want you to lose your friends because of me." 

"P', I won't lose them. They seem pretty accepting of— ." Kongpob stops himself before he spills out Praepailin's secret. "—people like us."

Arthit feels relieved, but not completely. "You have nice friends, Kong. Keep them." Kongpob just nods.

The thing is, Arthit himself does not know how to tell his own friends. When Toota became their friend, they already know he's gay, and his friends were okay with it. But coming out now is a different thing. They've known him for years, and while he hasn't established that he's straight, he knows that his friends think of him as one. He's not even sure what he is. Maybe he's bi.

"Uhm... Kongpob, can we keep it between us for now? I know this is stupid, but I don't know how to tell my friends."

There's a long pause before Kongpob answers. "It's okay, P'Arthit. I don't know how to tell my friends either."

"We'll tell them at the right time."

Kongpob nods. "We'll find the right time."

~

It's already 10 PM, and they both have classes the following day, so Kongpob needs to go back to his room. Arthit opens the door for Kongpob and walks him outside.

"Thank you for tonight, P' Arthit. I'll see you at the university tomorrow. I love you." He's all smiles saying all of it.

"See you," the senior mutters. A few more words are missing. Kongpob waits for them to be said, but they don't follow, so Kongpob smiles and walks towards the stairs.

"Uh, Kong..."

Arthit looks around, and there's nobody. No one will hear him. It's safe.

"I love you, too," he says in almost a whisper.

It took a lot of energy for Arthit to say it, but he's proud that he did. He needs to get used to it after all. He can't wait for Kongpob to go so that he can close the door and bury his face in a pillow.

Kongpob knows that he won't be able to sleep tonight because that last line would remain in his ears for at least a few hours. He steps back and smiles for the last time before heading back to his building.

Arthit waits for him to turn left to the stairs before closing the door. As planned, he goes straight to his bed and presses his face into his pillow.

When he recovers, he takes a shower, takes a peek to the room across the other building, and goes to bed. 

 

~

At 9 PM that same night, Prem walked Wad to his dorm after his basketball practice. They have been dating for a few weeks now, but they are keeping it to themselves.

"I don't know how to tell them, Wad."

"Me too."

Prem tries to be careful because one of his friends, Arthit, stays in the same building as Wad. Wad's room is even only two doors away from his friend's. So far, he's successful sneaking in.

He stayed for a while to eat dinner with his boyfriend. When he's about to go home, he took a peek outside the door. Just to be safe.

Right at that moment, he heard another door open. 

"Fuck. It's Arthit," he muttered.

But it's not Arthit who came out the door. Wad notices Prem being stuck at the door, so he peeked as well.

"P'Prem, it's Kong."

"What is he doing in Arthit's room? It's already late." Prem is curious.

"I don't know."

They both noticed Kongpob's overwhelming smile while talking to the person inside the room.

Though unsure, almost at the same time, they got the same idea.

"Wad, what if..." 

"I think they're ..."





"Just like us?"







 

Chapter 2: Knowing Eyes

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text


"How could it be possible? Arthit extremely hates 0062. Whenever we mention him, his face always seems like it's about to explode," Prem thinks to himself.

He thought the reason he wouldn't be able to sleep last night was the same reason as the other nights, his boyfriend. But last night was different. He couldn't brain how Arthit might be dating Kongpob. He couldn't even wrap his mind around the idea that Arthit is gay.

"I shouldn't be thinking about this now," he says to himself as he shakes his head.

Prem is eating lunch with his friends at the Engineering faculty's cafeteria, and he's right. He shouldn't be thinking about it right now since Arthit is just right beside him.

Arthit looks like the usual Arthit to him. His default scary face is on. That's normal. He steps on Bright's foot when Bright grabbed the last piece of his chicken. That's normal. He doesn't laugh at Tutah's green jokes. That's normal.

Maybe, he and Wad were wrong.

"Hey, Nong!" Bright's voice is so loud. After all these years, Prem should already be used to it. He sees their juniors coming. It's Em and his group of friends: Tew, Kongpob, and Oak.

Prem looks at them and notices Kongpob searching for someone at their table. When Kongpob finds Arthit, he briefly smiles.

And Arthit smiles at him too. That's NOT normal.

Maybe, he and Wad were right.

"You can sit here. We're done," Bright continues.

"Really? Thank you so much." Em's small voice paired with that huge body is really funny to Prem's ears.

Bright looks at Prem. "Dude, finish your food already." Then he looks at Arthit. "You too. We must take care of these juniors. We're done eating. Let's move."

Knowing Bright for three years now, Prem has an idea what his friend is trying to do. He looks at Arthit, and the look on his face shows he also knows what Bright is up to.

Arthit finally speaks, "Stop it, you asshole Bright. I know what you're thinking. At the end of this month, there's a Thank You Party. You're trying to please them so that they buy you gifts!"

Prem and Arthit really have the same mind. The former always wonders why they are not the best of friends in their group. He guesses it's because both of them are short-tempered. But now, they have another thing in common.

Em and his friends look confused.

"Damn you, all. Why do you have to spoil my plan?" Bright blurts out, frustrated.

"Nong Em."

"Yes, P'Bright?"

"Two boxes of chocolates. If you don't know where to get them, call me. Okay?"

He's really shameless, Prem thinks.

"Uh... Okay." Em will not dare oppose his senior. He already heard about the Thank You Party, but he didn't know it's a big deal.

Bright asks all his friends to get up to make room for the juniors. Then, they're gone.

Except for one.

"Where's Arthit?" Prem asks.

A stretch of his neck shows Prem that Arthit is going back to the table, approaching Kongpob before he's able to sit. Prem slows down so that he can hear what they will be talking about. He hears Arthit clear his throat:

"Uh... Kongpob, are you free this Saturday?"

Kongpob nods, "I am."

"Well..."

Kongpob is not the only one waiting for what Arthit's about to say.

"...Well, I have something to buy... and... if you don't have any plan, do you mind going with me?"

This is really NOT normal. Arthit doesn't even ask us to accompany him if he wants to buy something!

Prem notices Kongpob's wide smile. It's the same smile he saw last night.

"Absolutely," Kongpob answers.

"Well then, see you on Saturday at 11 AM."

Arthit is about to turn around when Kongpob stops him. "Wait a minute... Can I take this... as you are asking me out on a date?"

Prem doesn't usually like Kongpob's confidence, but he likes it this time.

"No, it's not!" Arthit defends.

From where Prem is standing, Arthit's red ears are so obvious. Arthit turns and walks toward him. The rest of his face is also red.

Prem tries to act like he's playing with his phone. He feels Arthit's arm around his shoulders. "Let's go." He didn't know Arthit is capable of smiling like this. Now, he questions what Kongpob did to their Arthit.

The thing is, Prem is not concerned about Arthit and Kongpob dating. He may be surprised, but he is and never will be against it. He's actually happy that he has someone in his group of friends whom he can confide to. (He doesn't count Toota since he knows Toota doesn't enter relationships.)

He also doesn't feel betrayed since he is basically doing the same thing to his friends. Of all people, he is the one who truly understands Arthit's situation now. But still, he is curious why Arthit is not telling them anything. Maybe, he thinks they will make fun of him.

That's the reason Prem himself has.

 

~

After eating their lunch, Kongpob and his friends go to their next class. Wad sits next to him.

"Hey, Wad. You look happy today." Unlike most people, Wad is not fond of smiling. His default face is not a bitch face, though. It's more like a blank face. That's why it's unusual for Kongpob to see him smiling like this.

While waiting for their professor, Kongpob brings out his phone and texts Arthit:

 

Concentrate in your class, P'Arthit. I miss you

 

 

He notices Wad looking at him, still sporting that unusual smile.

"Do you need something, Wad?"

Wad just shakes his head, but he's still smiling. Kongpob, not really knowing how to deal with this friend of theirs, just shrugs it off.

His phone vibrates. Noticing Kongpob's obvious excitement, Wad silently chuckles on his own. The other has a valid reason to be excited, though, because Arthit texted back:

 

Concentrate in your class, P'Arthit. I miss you

Don't text while you're in class!

 

 

Kongpob sighs. One these days, Arthit will text him that he misses him too.

Shaking his head, he keeps his phone in his pocket.

 

Wad is still smiling at him. 



 

 

Notes:

i don't know if i have to explain it, but yes this chapter retells the beginning of episode 14 from prem's perspective because why not

Chapter 3: Their Own World

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text


Thursday is Arthit's favorite weekday because he has no morning classes. His earliest class starts at 2 PM, leaving him with more time to sleep. But today, he can't do it because he's expecting Knot to drop by his room.

"Hey, Arthit." It's Knot's favorite greeting to him.

Arthit is still in his sleepwear, with hair looking like a nest of sparrows. "Come in."

Knot goes straight to the only chair available. They don't have anything particular to do. Knot already went to the gym earlier this morning, and he still has a few hours before their class starts, so he decided to visit his best friend.

"How are you, Arthit? I noticed you're quite happy these days. When will you tell us about the girl?"

With him randomly smiling at times, always checking his phone, and keeping a new hairstyle, it's not difficult to see the changes in Arthit after he dated Kongpob, even if they just became official a week ago.

"I..." Arthit doesn't know what to say. Actually, he has a lot to say. He can say that he has no girlfriend but a boyfriend, and that boyfriend is Kongpob. He can come out to his best friend right now. However, he just woke up, and he cannot just gather all his courage to say everything now. 

"What girl?" That's all he says.

He stands up and grabs his towel, ready to take a shower. "You can watch the TV if you like." He walks past Knot and enters the bathroom.

Knot, having nothing else to do, just decides to turn the TV on. "Arthit! Where's the remote?"

"In the drawer, I think! Top drawer!"

"Who keeps a TV remote in a drawer?" Knot mutters.

Knot opens the top drawer. "It's not here!"

He looks around, and there are other cabinets. So which top drawer? Instead of asking again, which requires too much effort from him, Knot just opens the top drawer of every cabinet in the room.

"Gotcha." He finds the remote in the cabinet near the bathroom. Something in the drawer catches his eye when he grabs the remote. It's a gear necklace. 

"Whose gear is this?" He asks himself. "It's definitely not Arthit's."

He remembers the night at the beach when Arthit asked Deer the meaning of the gear: "If you ask someone to take care of your gear, it means you ask that someone to take care of your heart."

Knot looks at the engraved number on the gear, "59."

The sight made Knot form a conclusion in his mind: a freshman confessed to Arthit, and he accepted her. But the question is, why is he not telling him anything?

Knot tries to list the female freshmen in their faculty. "Nong Praepailin? Nong Maprang? Who's that other one? Nong May? Don't tell me it's the girl that hyperventilated!?"

Before he lists the other juniors he knows, Arthit steps out of the bathroom. "Ai'Knot, I thought you would watch the TV?" He finds Knot holding Kongpob's gear.

"Knot..."

"What is this Arthit? You're hiding secrets now?" He's not really mad, just disappointed.

"Knot, it's not like that. It's—"

Before Arthit can complete his sentence, his phone rings. Arthit runs towards it. Knot crosses his arms while exhaling a big sigh.

"Hello?"

"P'Arthit, are you busy?" It's Kongpob. "I'm sorry, but I don't have anyone right now." There's a pause. "I'm at the basketball court, and I think... I sprained my ankle. I can't walk, and—"

"Why are you not careful?! Arghh!! Hold on, I'll be there."

He ends the call, puts on his pants and grabs his red jacket.

"Ai'Knot, I need to go now."

"What?"

"I'll talk to you later, but I really need to go. Please lock the room when you leave."

Arthit gets out of his room in a flash, leaving Knot with no chance to respond.

"What— What was that?!"

Knot scratches his head and returns the gear and the TV remote he wasn't able to use back in the drawer and leaves the room immediately. He has no idea what's going on, but he's sure of one thing: Arthit is going to his girlfriend.


~

May is on the university grounds to clear her mind. It's not easy to be rejected by the one you like. She appreciates Em, but she's not just ready to move on from Kongpob yet.

She's content with sitting on the bleachers, watching the other students play sports. They have no classes today since their professor moved their class to another day, and instead of sulking in her room, she decides to visit the university. According to her, "no classes, no Kongpob."

May doesn't want to be curious, but she wants to know who's the one Kongpob chose. Howeveras much as she wants to know who she is, she's sure she's not from their faculty since she doesn't see Kongpob with another girl aside from her, Praepailin, or Maprang.

After a while, the afternoon sun gets too hot for her to handle, so she decides to go back to her room. She has other things that can keep her busy anyway.

When she walks past the basketball court, she sees Kongpob sitting on a bench who keeps on touching his ankle. Kongpob looks injured, and May gets flashbacks of the day she sprained her own ankle, the day Kongpob rejected him.

Kongpob keeps on looking around, and May thinks she's waiting for someone. Thinking that someone is Kongpob's girlfriend, May realizes it's her chance, so she chooses to wait.


~

Knot arrives at the university sweating. He ran so he can catch Arthit in the act. He's that eager to find out who his girlfriend is.

Searching around for Arthit everywhere, Knot finally spots him. He's going to the basketball court. He follows his friend. With his size, hiding would be hard, so he has to be very careful.

He stops beside a post when he sees Arthit approaching someone. He didn't expect the one he's seeing right now; it's Kongpob, and from afar, Knot recognizes May also watching the two.


~

Arthit goes straight to the basketball court, and there, he finds Kongpob, sitting on a bench. Running towards his junior, he calls his name.

"Kongpob!" He kneels down to check his ankle. "Is it serious? Do you want to see a doctor?"

"I'm okay. I'll apply balm when I'm home. It should get better."

Arthit examines the injury. 

"Ow. Don't press it."

"Where's your motorcycle?"

"I didn't bring it today."

"Are you okay to walk now?"

"I guess."

"Let's try."

Arthit assists Kongpob to stand, but it doesn't last a second before the pain hits Kongpob's ankle.

"Oww!"

"Sit down. You can't walk." Arthit puts him back on the bench.

He looks around the area. Most students have classes. Only a few students are here and there. He takes a deep breath.

"Here's what we do... You get on my back."

Kongpob questioningly looks at him. "There's no need. I'm heavy. I don't want to bother you that much."

"You don't need to mind about that. We... we are dating aren't we?"

Kongpob almost breaks his neck when he looks back at Arthit. The latter doesn't wait for his answer and picks up Kongpob's shoe and positions himself in front of him. He feels Kongpob's weight on him, but as he said, they don't have to mind. He counts before standing up.

"Okay. Here we go."

Arthit is holding him on his hips to support him. And Kongpob, being the tease that he is, won't miss the opportunity to touch a part of his boyfriend too, so he cups Arthit's chest.

"Kongpob! Your hand! Don't!" I thought you're hurt? Kongpob just chuckles.

"Am I heavy, P'Arthit?"

"No biggie. I'm fine."

"When I was young, I liked to have a piggyback ride on my father's back."

Arthit smiles. So I'm the daddy in this relationship, huh? Of course, he doesn't say that"It must be very warm in your family."

"Not as warm as you."

Arthit stops his steps and says "yuck!" before proceeding.

They venture through the basketball court, not caring about the people around them.


~

Arthit and Kongpob go straight towards Knot's direction, but neither notices him. It seems as if they are in their own world.

Knot notices his friend's genuine smile that he never saw before. At that moment, he realizes why it's difficult for Arthit to tell him everything.

When Arthit walks past him, Knot looks at May who's still standing still. After a moment, their eyes meet.

Knot decides to approach May, needing to talk to her about what she saw. Being Arthit's best friend, he can't help but be protective of him. Their secret should remain a secret until Arthit and Kongpob decide it's not.

"Nong May."

She's still unsure how to process what she saw when her senior approached her. She greets him anyway, "Sawasdee ka, P'Knot."

He tries to lower his voice. "About what you saw... did you know something?"

"No, P'Knot. But I guess I do now." Witnessing everything, May now knows everything, that Kongpob chose Arthit over her.

"Hey, hey. We don't know that yet."

"I saw their faces, P'Knot. They look so... in love."

Knot can't argue with that. They didn't even saw him when he's just right there.

He sighs. "Okay, okay. But you shouldn't tell anybody, understand?" May just looks at him.

He leads her to the bench where Kongpob was sitting on.

"I think you know why they aren't telling it to us," Knot tells her. 

May nods.

"Good. So we wait for them, all right?"

May nods again. 

Knot lowers his head. He feels guilt, in a way. He was there when they were making fun of Toota, and Arthit was there too. He's sure his best friend doesn't want to be made fun of. He also keeps on pressuring him about his girlfriend, not really knowing that he likes guys. "It must be hard for him, for them," he whispers to himself.

They need their friends to trust them. But Knot himself doesn't know how he will help them to do that. May stays silent.

"Anyway, I have to go. My class is about to start soon. You, no class today? Are you heading home?"

"Yes, P'Knot."

He nods. They both stand up, ready to say goodbye. "I understand them, P'Knot. Don't worry. I won't tell anybody."

He nods and smiles. They trained their juniors right.

"Thank you, Nong. Take care going home."


~

When May walks towards her dorm, she feels somehow relieved. For some reason, she can't get jealous of Arthit.

When she reaches her room, she immediately goes to her bag and brings out the eraser she borrowed from Kongpob. She takes off the case and rubs off the letters she wrote on it.

She'll return it to Kongpob the following day.



 

Notes:

ok i was actually emotional writing this chapter because i wish a have a friend like knot :/

but yes we love 1 (one) hetero man

also as you may have noticed, this chapter features the special scene from episode 10 of Sotus S. that scene doesn't have any indication that it happened during kong's first or second year so i just put it in this timeline lmao

ugh my mind...

Chapter 4: Double Date

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Despite making an effort to wake up early, Arthit still arrives later than Kongpob at their meeting place. With a simple white shirt and jeans, he looks good for his date today.

Date. Kongpob was right. That was what Arthit wanted to tell Kongpob last Tuesday, to take him on a date, but he's sure his boyfriend would tease him endlessly, so he disguised it using the lame excuse of buying a gift for a two-month-old fetus. Nevertheless, in his mind, it is a date.

Their first date as a couple.

They go to the gift store to look for the thing that he will buy. Arthit didn't actually think much about this part of his plan. Maybe he should have used a different excuse to be out with Kongpob because they've been searching for a while now.

"So what do you think?" Arthit asks.

"How about a card?"

"What? No more. Last time I got P'Tum a card, he couldn't stop making fun of me. I think we can get them a toy or baby clothes."

"Wait a minute. You don't even know whether it's a boy or a girl. And another thing is, P'Fon is just two months pregnant. Isn't it too early to get them those kinds of stuff?"

Kongpob is right, but he can't blow his cover now. He hates to admit it, but he just wants to spend time with his boyfriend.

"Uhmmm... it's meant to be a surprise gift in advance, and... and we don't need to buy anything gender-specific. Do you know what I mean? What do you think? You have a niece, right?"

Kongpob nods. "Since she's a girl, she likes something adorable like plush toys. But it will be a different thing for a boy." Kongpob pauses, then continues:

"If I have a child, I want a boy."

Arthit's heart skips a beat. While he doesn't show it, since Kongpob became his boyfriend, he wants to give him everything he can.

But a son is not one of them.

Their first date as a couple is not the right time to think about how they can continue being together, but he thinks about it anyway. Kongpob is saying something, but he's not listening.

"What do you think, P'Arthit?"

With his gaze to the floor, he doesn't answer.

"P'Arthit..."

"What did you say?"

"I said we should buy her dietary supplements. This is the time nutrients are important for pregnant women."

"Um. Good idea," he softly mutters, anything to end the conversation.

"Let's buy it at the store near our dorm so we don't have to carry it around."

"Okay," he says in an even softer voice.

Kongpob invites him to watch a movie together, and he nods, unsure of what else to do.

 

 

~

Excitedly, Praepailin meets her girlfriend at the mall at 11 AM. They planned to eat lunch together and watch a film to celebrate their 11th month together.

While eating their lunch, Praepailin can't hide her excitement for the film they will watch.

"Honey, listen. he is the best director. Have you seen Birdman?"

Her girlfriend just amusingly listens. Praepailin just won't shut up.

After their lunch, they head to the east wing of the mall where the cinema is located. Making a turn to the cinema, she sees two fellows that are the least likely to hang out on a Saturday at the mall.

"Is that Kong? And P'Arthit?"

"Do you know them?" her girlfriend inquires.

"Kong is my classmate. He's the Moon of our university, my partner during the pageant, the one I told you about. And P'Arthit... well... he's... our head hazer. The one I told you who got my number..." Praepailin has no idea why they are together. Saturday at the mall, going to the movies? She didn't know they are this close.

She approached them to inquire, leaving her girlfriend behind. While walking towards them, she hears something about a date.

"Hey, Kongpob! P'Arthit, sawasdee kha," she greets them. The two guys are startled, but Arthit is more uncomfortable than the other. Praepailin knows this look. Arthit just bows a little.

"Hi, Prae. Are you here for a movie?" Kongpob breaks the awkwardness.

"Yes, I came to watch a movie with... with my friend. Are you here to watch a movie too?"

"Um, I'm going to watch this." Kongpob points at the poster next to him.

"Really? Me too!" Praepailin remembers what she was excited about. She and Kongpob exchange their excitement for the film and their admiration for the director. Finally, someone understands her love for the director and his works.

They talk for a few minutes, making Arthit feel out of place. Somehow, he feels something inside of him that he can't explain let alone identify.

Praepailin notices this, so she tries to include him in the conversation.

"So, are you here to watch the movie alone? Or are you here with P'Arthit?" She isn't sure if should have asked that.

Arthit's discomfort goes off the scale. "No! No!" He defends. "I'm here on my own. We just ran into each other."

Kongpob expects this answer from him. Nevertheless, he's still somehow hurt.

Praepailin recognizes Arthit's reaction. She has also used the same reason before when she and her girlfriend were in the first few months of their relationship: "we just ran into each other."

Somehow, finally, she gets the reason why they are together. She visibly gasps and mouths "oh my god."

Feeling the rising levels of awkwardness, she decides to go. The movie will start in a few minutes anyway.

"I have to excuse myself. My friend is waiting for me." She obviously looks in a hurry. "Kong, see you. P'Arthit, sawasdee kha."

The other two smile at her and bid her goodbye.

Briskly walking back to her girlfriend, she talks to herself about what happened and what she's done. "What if they are really on a date? Oh my... Did I ruin it?"

After finding her girlfriend, she drags her into the cinema. They sit in the elevated section.

 

~

"Kongpob, I hope you understand why I said that," Arthit says flatly. He saw Kongpob's reaction when he told Praepailin that they just ran into each other. He feels guilty about that.

"Yes, P'Arthit. We already talked about it."

In the sea of negative feelings he is in now, Arthit is still glad that Kongpob is very understanding. He knows that someday, they have to reveal their relationship to their friends, but he's just not ready yet.

They buy their popcorn and drinks and enter the theater. They go straight to the lower section.

When they get to their assigned seats, Arthit grits his teeth, and Kongpob is laughing like a maniac. Arthit can't believe Kongpob bought tickets for a couple's seat. Arthit should not have allowed Kongpob to buy the tickets by himself.

Having no choice, he just sits beside Kongpob. It will be a very long movie for him.

 

~

Kongpob's laugh attracted the attention of the other moviegoers, particularly of another couple.

"Honey, those are your friends, right?" Of course, Arthit's lie won't work because they will all be seeing the same movie at the same time. Praepailin looks at the people her girlfriend is pointing to, and there they are. She sees them taking the couple's seat.

"'We just ran into each other,' huh?"

Prae somehow feels triumphant for discovering their secret. Who would have thought not only the university's Star is gay? She chuckles silently, thinking about how she and Kongpob fooled the whole campus.

She decides not to tell anyone about what she saw. Of all people, she should understand how it is like to be in that kind of relationship. She closes her eyes and silently wishes the best for her friend and her senior.

When she's done, she holds her girlfriend's hand as she waits for her next favorite movie to start.

Notes:

wlw and mlm solidarity!!

Thanks for checking out the new chapter.

I just published this story on Wattpad, so if you have an account there, you can add it to your library: https://www.wattpad.com/story/162011465-first-weeks-and-friends

Chapter 5: Running After You

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text


Arthit would lie if he tells anyone he's enjoying the film. While Kongpob and Praepailin are right that the director is good, he just can't take his worries off his mind.

Earlier today, Kongpob expressed his dream of having a son, and a while ago, he also saw Kongpob and Praepailin looking good together. Sitting with Kongpob on a seat intended for couples also does not help.

He feels uneasy, insecure, and jealous.

After the film, Kongpob asks him to eat together at the noodle house they went to before.

The atmosphere around the two is unexplainable. From watching the film to eating his food, Arthit barely uttered a word. Kongpob feels it's because of his choice of film, but that's no reason for Arthit to sulk like this. He remembers that last time, he was the one sulking in the same restaurant. It got to the point that Kongpob thinks there's something wrong with the place they are in. He decides they will never have a date in it again.

Not being able to stand the silence anymore, Kongpob tries to start a conversation. "P'Arthit... I thought I should mention I will have a photoshoot with Prae for the school campaign two Mondays from now."

He doesn't realize it's the worst topic to talk about right now.

Arthit just nodded without looking at Kongpob. He sighs.

"Kongpob."

"Yes?"

"Do you find... Praepailin cute?" Arthit wasn't able to stop himself from asking.

"Yes, she is. She's crowned as the Star of the university, right?"

He expects the answer.

"That's right. She is cute. I wonder if she has a boyfriend yet?"

"I heard that she hasn't had anyone yet."

"Actually, I have her phone number. I got it when she asked me to sign her signature book." Arthit doesn't know why he brought it up, and he's kind of regretting it.

"Really?" Kongpob swallows with a grim face and forces himself to smile as Arthit continues eating his food. "That's nice."

Both of them don't finish their food. When they're done paying for their meal, Arthit stands up first, leaving Kongpob behind. The latter runs after him.

It's about to rain, so Kongpob buys a cheap umbrella from a sidewalk vendor. Arthit doesn't stop walking while he's doing the purchase, so he has to run after him again. His injury from two days ago still gives him a slight pain, but he doesn't care.

They're heading back home, and now, both of them are quiet. Kongpob can deal with angry Arthit, but sulking Arthit is new to him.

They're about to cross the road when he sees a motorcycle about to hit his boyfriend. He quickly grabs the other's arm in panic.

"P'Arthit, are you okay?"

Arthit always complains about Kongpob being a hero, but this time, the hero literally saved his life.

"I'm okay."

Arthit continues walking like nothing happened. They reach his building, and he mutters a short "bye" to Kongpob before going in.

With his head down, Kongpob goes back to his room. He keeps on thinking about the reason why Arthit is acting this way when suddenly, he remembers the very reason why they went to the mall. "The gift for P'Fon! We forgot to buy it!"

As he tries to remember what gift they are supposed to buy, it hits him. "Did I tell P'Arthit about wanting a son? Shit. Kongpob, you're so stupid!"

He doesn't get off the elevator when it reached his floor. He pressed the "G" button, and the elevator goes down with him in it, and he runs out of his building and toward Arthit's.

He reaches his boyfriend's room panting. He knocks three times, but no one opens the door. He repeats knocking but louder this time. He hears shuffling inside the room. Then, the door opens, revealing Arthit, shirtless.

"Oh." Kongpob is lost for words.

"Why are you here?"

"P'Arthit, can you put on a shirt first?... It's..." It's really bad for me.

Arthit, whose face reddens from realizing his current state, quickly goes inside and puts on the nearest dry shirt. He was wet because of walking in the rain.

His boyfriend enters his room and sits on the bed. Arthit doesn't want to do anything with Kongpob now, but he notices Kongpob is looking directly at his eyes. If he wants to talk now, it must be something important, Arthit thinks. Something like Kongpob realizing he likes Praepailin more than him.

He sits beside his boyfriend, waiting for the latter to talk.

At this moment, Kongpob forgets his intention, his mind wandering off to other things, like his boyfriend's body.

At first, Kongpob thought that his relationship with Arthit will purely be emotional. He wanted a strong person to be with, and he found Arthit, a very strong and willed person. He didn't think of having sexual moments with him. He thought he's not gay, just a guy who happens to love another guy.

But seeing Arthit's body earlier, he now thinks otherwise. Hell, I'm really gay.

"Kongpob!" Arthit is annoyed. "Do I have to repeat my question for the fourth time? Why are you here?"

"I'm gay."

"Huh?"

Shit.

"Kongpob, I know that already. You have a boyfriend; I have a boyfriend. What do you think are we?"

Kongpob tries to think of something to counter his boyfriend, but he remembers the real reason why he's here. He composes himself and faces his senior.

"P'Arthit, I'm sorry about earlier."

Arthit's eyes meet his. "For what?" Here it comes. Are you sorry that you have to leave me for Praepailin?

"I was not careful. I know I shouldn't have said that... about wanting a son."

"Oh."

"That was my dream before, but now, the only boy I want is you," Kongpob blinks a few times, trying to make a cute face.

Arthit makes a face, "Yuck."

"P'Arthit..."

Arthit takes a deep breath. "It's okay, Kong. I know you didn't say it with a bad intention." He looks down. "And... I'm sorry for sulking earlier."

Kongpob smiles and nods, relieved that his boyfriend forgives him. There's a moment of silence before the senior speaks again, loudly this time.

"But why did you choose the couple's seat?!"

Kongpob's maniacal laugh comes back.

They spend time with each other to make up for the time they lost earlier that day. Kongpob asks Arthit if he can sleep in his room tonight, and Arthit, with a lot of conditions, agrees. He has to be used to it after all.

While lying on his bed, holding Kongpob's hand, Arthit thinks about how lucky he is to have Kongpob as his boyfriend. He clears his mind and tries to forget the pang of jealousy and other worries he felt that day.

On the other side of the bed, Kongpob dreams of Arthit's body he saw earlier. His shorts are forming a tent, and Arthit, still awake, may or may have not seen it. 




 

 

Notes:

I'm not really a fan of kongpob being the "im not gay" kind of gay in the series, so i changed it here. if the writer won't admit that kongpob's gay, THEN I WILL

who do you think will discover their relationship next?

again, this story is now on Wattpad, and I upload new chapters there in advance (since it's easier), so kindly add the story to your reading list/library if you have an account: https://www.wattpad.com/story/162011465-first-weeks-and-friends

Chapter 6: Tew Too

Chapter Text




Arthit and Kongpob sleep holding each other's hands until Arthit breaks it to unconsciously spoon Kongpob. They stay in that position until morning, until Kongpob's alarm goes off. He is scheduled to meet Em, Oak, and Tew today to work on their group project.

"Kongpob! Turn it off!!" Everybody knows Arthit is not a morning person. "And why is that your alarm song?"

Kongpob opens his eyes and notices their position. He wants to comment on it, but thinking about the nagging he will receive from his boyfriend if he does stops him. Arthit might also stop spooning him if he points it out, so he keeps his mouth shut. Reluctantly, he gets up and turns off the alarm. "Good morning, P'Arthit." Kongpob kisses his cheek. He chuckles as Arthit rolls his eyes. After rolling, those eyes close, and Arthit's back to sleep.

How can Arthit wake him up, nag at him, and just go back to sleep? Amused, Kongpob shakes his head and goes straight to the bathroom.

After freshening up, he goes to the food stalls and buys Chinese doughnuts, iced coffee, and pink milk for their breakfast. Back in the room where his boyfriend is still sleeping, he's sets up the table, and that's when he notices something south of his boyfriend's body. Oh my god.


Kongpob's eyes widen. 


This shouldn't surprise him; every morning, he gets one too, but seeing his boyfriend with it gives him a feeling he hasn't felt before. Kongpob stares at it for a few seconds before continuing to set up the table. Temptation makes him want to do something with it, but he's smart and decent enough not to act upon it. He has already come to terms with himself being gay, but, according to him, not that kind of gay... yet.

It looks like Arthit won't be waking up soon, and Kongpob respects his boyfriend's sleep time, so he proceeds to eating breakfast on his own. From time to time, he steals glances at his boyfriend's boner. Needless to say, he chokes on Chinese doughnuts more than once.

His boyfriend is still asleep when he finishes his food, and as much as he wants to wait for him, his friends need him now, so he decides to just leave a note on the table:

"Good morning, P'. I already left. Meeting my classmates. Love you. :)"

He sticks it on the pink milk cup and leaves the room. Stealing one last glance at the tent created by Arthit's shorts, he closes the door and walks away, blushing without his boyfriend doing anything.


~

After taking a bath in his own room, Kongpob grabs his things and rushes to Tew's room, which is in a building a block away. He, Oak, Em, and Tew are all supposed to be meeting there at 10 AM.

Tew opens the door for Kongpob. He is just wearing a white shirt and boxer shorts. Seeing Tew in these clothes makes Kongpob remember what he saw earlier this morning.

"Kong, are you alright?" Tew waves his hand at his friend who is staring at his shorts.

"Oh... Are they not here yet?"

"Not yet."

"Of course."

"Come in."

Tew's room is neat. He has a large bookshelf beside his study table where his laptop is on. Both are opposite a large bed. Kongpob settles himself on the bed. He plays with his phone for a while and texts his boyfriend:

 

Are you up? Did you already eat your breakfast?

 

        

Since he and Tew are better students of their group, they start planning for their project. He's surprised that Tew already prepared the outline for them.

"I had nothing to do yesterday, so I did it," says Tew. Kongpob is thinking of changing his best friend now, and Tew is the top candidate.

Kongpob's phone on the bed vibrates. It's Arthit. 


~

Arthit wakes up relatively early for a Sunday. He looks around his room to look for an annoying tall guy, but he's nowhere to be found. He sees the breakfast on the table and grabs the pink milk, smiling while reading the note his boyfriend left him.

Arthit checks his phone and sees Kongpob's message. He types a reply. 

 

Are you up? Did you already eat your breakfast?

 

Yes i am. thank u for the food. where are you now?

        




~

Back in Tew's place, Kongpob keeps on texting while waiting for the others:

 

Are you up? Did you already eat your breakfast?

Yes i am. thank u for the food. where are you now?

At Tew's place. P'Arthit, I saw something earlier, but I won't tell you what it is :P

So what's the point of telling me about it?

        


While preparing orange juice, Tew notices Kongpob's wide smile. He shakes his head. Must be his girlfriend, he thinks.


 

So what's the point of telling me about it?

Nothing. I just want to tease you :*

0062 how can you concentrate on your work??

We are not starting yet. Only Tew and I are here, and he already did the outline.

N'Tew is really responsible. I wish you are the same

P'!!!! Am I not responsible??

Haha no

Fine. I will help Tew now. BRB.

Good

I already miss you. :*

 

        


Read. Kongpob waits for a reply, but it doesn't come. His message just stays as read. Someday, P'Arthit, someday.

He sighs and leaves his phone on the bed and moves to the study desk to study the outline Tew created.

Tew fixes a glass of orange juice and hands it to Kongpob. "It's almost an hour now, and Em and Oak are still not here. I should text them," Tew says as he grabs his phone.

"Those two really learned nothing from the hazing. How are they college students?"

"Aw. Kongpob, my phone is dead, and I let Em borrow my charger. Can you text them?"

"You can just text them using my phone." Kongpob uses his thumb to point to his phone on the bed.

"Okay."

Tew sits on his bed and stretches to get Kongpob's phone from the other side.

He's texting M to come sooner and to bring his charger when the phone vibrates. There's a banner, notifying someone sent Kongpob a message. 

 

 

P'Arthit <3

I miss you too

        



The day Kongpob was waiting for came.

Tew blinks a few times to make sure he's seeing it right. After a few blinks, the banner disappears. Did I read it right? P'Arthit???? Telling Kongpob???? That he misses him???? too??????

Tew looks at Kongpob who's still busy studying the outline. He's still holding his gasp. This. This is a revelation! He feels sorry that he discovered his friend's secret, but this is a revelation! He's glad to know that in their group of friends, he's not the only one who prefers men.

But seriously? Of all men? P'Arthit? And... they are already dating?

He's still looking at the back of Kongpob when they hear someone knocking on the door.

"Tew, it must be them."

"Ah..." Tew chuckles. "Yes, I don't have to text them anymore." Tew smiles and puts the phone back. He doesn't know if he has to tell his friend that he accidentally read something. He decides against it since if it were him, he would feel very awkward. He'll just keep it a secret, thinking Kongpob will let them know about it when he's ready.

He opens the door and gets greeted my Em and Oak outside, both with awkward, forced smiles.

"I was about to text you two. Come inside! We have lots to do. Em, do you have my charger?"

"Sorry, Tew, Kongpob. I actually woke up early and fetched Oak, but he's not answering his door! Can you believe I waited outside his room knocking for half an hour!"

"Hey, Em, I already said I'm sorry."

"Come on, come on, we don't have time for this. We have a lot today," Kongpob says with a serious tone. "Next time, just be responsible." Arthit should be proud of him.

They move Tew's laptop to the bed and spread all their papers there.

"That's a lot..." Em cries.

"I'm already excited to go home," Oak adds.

Tew and Kongpob just look at each other, shaking their heads.


"Why are straight guys like this?" Tew mutters to himself.




Chapter 7: Bros Before Boyfies

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

On Monday, Arthit and Kongpob go to the university together. During lunch, they ditch their friends and eat at the Business faculty's cafeteria.

"The pink milk here is better than the one at our faculty. We should eat here often," says Arthit.


~

On Tuesday, they go to university together again. During lunch, they ditch their friends and eat at the Education faculty's cafeteria.

"The pink milk here is also better than the one from our faculty's cafeteria. We should also eat here often."

Kongpob is now getting his antics. While Arthit can sometimes say "I love yous" and "I miss yous," Kongpob can count them in his own hands. Most of the time, he communicates his affection differently, such as saying to eat at another faculty's cafeteria more often so they can be together by themselves.

Kongpob just smiles and agrees with him.


~

On Wednesday, they go to school together again. But before Arthit escapes from his friends...

"Arthit, where are you going?" Bright has had enough.

"I'm... I'm going to the library. Wanna come with me?" He knows Bright won't go even near that place.

"Don't fool me, Arthit." Bright looks at him from head to toe. "You? Library?"

Knot hears them, so he comes to the rescue. "Just let him, Bright."

Arthit looks at Knot. He still hasn't talked to him about the gear he saw, but he's thankful his friend stopped prying.

Prem interrupts. "I asked him to be my partner for our case study. He's about to research for our case."

Knot and Arthit questioningly look at Prem. Arthit is not Prem's partner for the case study; Knot is.

"No! You can do that later, but now..." Bright puts his arm over Arthit's shoulder, "let's have lunch. You already ditched us for two days!"

Arthit can't do anything now. His friends will surely be curious if he keeps on disappearing at lunchtime, so reluctantly, he nods. "Okay."

"Tutah! Let's go!"

Before they go out of the classroom, Knot stops Prem.

"Do you know something?"

Prem is not sure if he should tell him. Knot reads his face, understanding that his friend is trying to keep a secret. "I know it too. I've seen them."

Prem let's out a sigh and chuckles. "They are really bad at hiding it."

"How did you know?"

Prem whispers, "I saw 0062 came out of Arthit's room late at night, you?"

"I saw 0062 riding Arthit last week."

"You saw WHAT?"

"0062 was injured, so Arthit carried him." Knot pauses. "Hey... I know you're trying to keep their secret, and I do too. Let's keep it this way for now."

Prem just nods. Knot feels relieved that his friend is cooperative. However, he still worries about the others. 


~

The professor turns the projector off and reminds the class of the deadline for the group project. It's the one Kongpob and his friends worked on last Sunday. Thanks to him and Tew, their project is almost done.

Kongpob is ready to grab his backpack and run outside when two hands pushed him on his shoulders back to his seat. It's Oak and Em.

"And where do you think you're going, Mr. Loverboy?" Em asks.

"What?"

"You already escaped us twice. So, when are you going to introduce us to your girlfriend?"

"Girl-? No! I'm just going to... to the library!"

Tew hears the commotion. Feeling bad for his friend, he steps in and points his fingers at the two. "He's going to the library because you two are of no help to our project."

Kongpob silently thanks Tew. He really should be his new best friend now.

He's thinking of a fast escape route when his phone vibrates.

 

Kong, my friends forced me to eat with them today. let's just eat together tomorrow?

 

Kongpob bites his lip. He replies that it's okay while trying to hide his phone screen from Oak's prying eyes. Giving up, he looks at his friends. "Okay, okay. Let's have lunch. Wad! Come with us!"


~

Arthit is at the Engineering faculty's cafeteria with his friends, enjoying his chicken basil with two eggs and pink milk.

He was lying to Kongpob; all the pink milk in the whole campus just tastes the same. The stalls are owned and managed by the same person after all. He just wants to be with his boyfriend alone, serious that he wants to know him more.

He's listening to Tutah's encounter-of-the-night story when Kongpob and his friends greet them. Their eyes meet for a split second before Arthit lets it go. Looking back again, he watches the juniors take the table next to theirs.

Kongpob chooses the seat nearest to Arthit. Sitting back to back, they both feel like they're still eating together. For the most part, there's a comfortable silence between them if the people around the tables are disregarded.

Their tables are so close to each other that one group can hear the conversation of the other.

"So, Arthit..."
"So, Kongpob..."

Bright and Em say at the same time. They both acknowledge each other and smile.

"When are you going to introduce the unlucky girl?"

They both continue, now in complete unison.

Everyone falls silent.

"Awkward," Prem mutters. Wad glares at him.

"N'Kongpob!" Bright stands up and goes to the other table. He sits on the tiny space left beside Kongpob, hanging his arm around the latter's shoulder. "You too? Hiding something, huh?"

Arthit feels really uneasy now, and he doesn't know what to do except for one thing: to escape. So he stands up and gathers his things.

Tutah notices this. "Oy! Oy! Where are you going?"

"I'm done with lunch. I told you I should be in the library, so I'll be going now."

The people at the two tables watch him go.

"What's with the hurry?" Bright is still beside Kongpob. He looks at him and says, "Anyway, Nong, trust your friends more, okay?" He winks at him and goes back to his seat.

Kongpob knows Bright advice is right. He texts Arthit while finishing his lunch.

 

P’Arthit, are you really at the library?

No. i have nothing to do there.  im just at the back of the gymnasium. but dont go here.

Sorry about bright

wanna meet tonight?

 

All but one message failed to make Kongpob smile.

 

Yes, P’Arthit. :)  Are you okay there?

Yes. just want to stay  away from my friends now

 

 

~

After lunch, the seniors still have free time before their next class, so Bright pulls Tutah away from their other friends.

"Ai'Bright! It hurts!" He drags the other to somewhere far from the others. They're walking toward the gymnasium. Bright opens his big mouth.

"Have you noticed something different about Arthit lately?"

"What do you mean?"

"Arthit... he's... hiding something from us."

"As if you need to know everything about him."

"Ai'Tutah, it's not that! It's just... I always notice Arthit looking at... 0062. Have you seen how he smiles when he's near him? I don't know. One time, I saw them together. I thought they hate each other? Then, during lunch, when I was interrogating 0062, he walked out. I don't know what I'm saying, but I-"

"Oh. I thought I'm the only one."

Bright is about to react, but he stops the other from walking. He raises his arm and points at a guy resting at the back of the gymnasium. It's Arthit.

"See? He's not at the library! He's hiding something," Bright says.

"Let's go back."

"Why? No! Let's talk to him."

"Bright, no. Let him be. If he's ready, he'll talk to us. Let's go."

"So you think... he and 0062 are dating?"

"Bright," Tutah wants to explain to him how his gaydar works, but knowing Bright, he won't understand it. He just rolls his eyes and continues, "Yes. Now, let's go. Don't tell anyone about this, or else I will kill you!"

Now, Tutah is the one dragging Bright to their classroom.

  
~

Kongpob waits for Arthit's class to end. He is waiting outside the gates to meet him. From afar, Bright watches them.

Kongpob didn't bring his motorcycle today, and Arthit didn't bring his bike. They just walk toward the dorms, sometimes "accidentally" brushing their arms against each other.

They reach Arthit's room while the sky is still bright.

"Do you want to sleep here tonight?" Arthit asks.

Kongpob's face lights up.

"Hey! Just sleep, okay? I'll kick you out if you start something."

"P'Arthit, what are you thinking? I'm not even saying anything!"

"Your face says it."

"P'! I'm not even thinking about that yet!"

"I-"

"You're the one thinking about it! P'! I'm still young!" An alarm clock flies towards Kongpob. "Aww, P'Arthit!"

"So, will you sleep here tonight? Answer quickly before I change my mind."

"Yes, P'Arthit."

"Okay. Just stay here. I'll buy us dinner."

Kongpob's already wide smile even grows wider. While he enjoys taking care of his boyfriend, he also wants Arthit to do the same for him. His heart feels fluttery, and it gives him a reason to say it:


"Thanks, darling."


Arthit is taken aback by what he heard.

Did he... just call me "darling?"

Actually, Arthit was afraid of whatever term of endearment Kongpob would choose to call him. Knowing Kongpob, he thought he would choose something cringe-worthy, like "sweetheart" or "honey."

But he chose "darling."

To him, it has a nice ring to it.

He's smiling like an idiot in front of Kongpob, who is enjoying the scene. Something in Arthit's face tells Kongpob he made the right choice of a pet name. Arthit finally finishes his inner monologue and looks at his boyfriend. He makes short successive nods, forcing himself not to smile, and goes out the door and immediately closes it.

A few seconds later, he opens the door again and peeks his head in.


"Wait for me to come back... darling."


It's Kongpob's turn to be surprised, but Arthit closes the door before he can even react. 

He doesn't see how Kongpob slowly falls on the floor because of what he did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

Thanks for waiting guys! And thank you for the kudos. :))

The next chapter picks up where this chapter ends. I just want this chapter to end on a good note, so i cut it here. :))))

Chapter 8: Troubles

Chapter Text

 

 

 
"Wait for me to come back, darling."

Kongpob replays Arthit's last words before the latter went out to buy their dinner. He feels like his face will be torn because of too much smiling, but he doesn't care. He keeps on replaying it until the door opens again.

Arthit comes back from the food stalls with plastic bags of food and drinks. He's talking to someone on the phone when he enters the room.

"I'm fine." There's a smile on his face. "How about you, Namtan?"

Kongpob's face turns sour when he hears the name. Now, he asks himself why he called her, or if she called him. Either way, Kongpob doesn't like the idea of Arthit talking to her.

Arthit sets the plastic bags on the table and gently sits on his bed. His eyes widen when he hears what Namtan has said. Kongpob starts to get curious.

"Oon, are you listening to me? I said Joy wants to meet Kongpob. She's forcing me now, so I have no choice. That also means that you have no choice," Namtan says on the phone.

Joy is Namtan's friend in her faculty that has this big crush on Kongpob. Arthit and Namtan already talked about her before.

"I don't think—"

"Oon, shut up, and listen to me." Namtan can be really controlling at times. "Just ask Kongpob to go to the café this Sunday. He's still single, right? I know he's still single."

"Namtan, I don't think Kongpob will go."

Hearing his name, Kongpob's curiosity goes off the scale. Why am I involved here? Where would I not go?

"Don't make excuses for him, Oon. You still haven't asked him yet!"

"It's not that I'm making excuses for him... It's just that..." Arthit can't think of any reason. "...he's a very shy person, and he won't meet Joy—."

"Oh. He's the shy type? Well, you can accompany him. Then, I can come with Joy. Yes! Yes! That's actually better. Let's have a double date!"

Arthit's mind goes blank.

.

.

.

"Oon? Oon? Hello?"

"Yes?"

"See you on Sunday."

What Sunday? "Okay."

Namtan ends the call. It's at that moment when Arthit he realizes what he's done. Fuck.

"Fuuuucckk!"

He tries to call her back, but she can't be reached now.

"What is it P'?"

Arthit holds his head with both hands, furious and confused about what he has done.

"P'Arthit, I'm worried. What is it?" Arthit tries to face his boyfriend.

"Kong, I'm sorry. I... I..." Arthit holds his head again.

"Remember Joy? Namtan's friend, the one I told you about?"

"The one you're jealous of?"

"Kongpob!"

He giggles.

"She... Joy wants to meet you, and I accidentally told Namtan that you will go."

Kongpob's expression drastically changes. "Why did you do that?!"

"I don't know, Kong. I... When Namtan told me she and I should join, my mind went blank, and I accidentally said yes."

Kongpob wants to believe Arthit, but somehow, there's a little thought in him that says Arthit still likes Namtan—that's why he agreed with her. Kongpob gazes down, avoiding Arthit's eyes.

Arthit knows this look. "Kongpob, I know what you're thinking." There's a pause. Arthit sits straight, hand resting on top of Kongpob's. "Kong, I don't like her anymore. How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"But why did you do it?"

"I don't know. I... I was out of my mind. I'm sorry." His hands go back to his face.

Kongpob nods, eyes still sad.

"Namtan will kill me if I cancel it." Arthit looks at his boyfriend. "Kongpob, will you do this for me?"

"Do what? Meet her? No!"

"Kongpob, Namtan will kill me. Please..."

Kongpob just stares at him.

"Please... darling." Arthit uses the magic word.

Kongpob sighs.

Arthit continues pleading. "When you're there... when we're there, you can just say that you're not interested. It's not a proper date, after all. Namtan and I will be there."

"I don't think it's a good idea, P'Arthit."

"Kongpob, she's been bugging Namtan and me for too long, and I don't think she'll stop until you tell her she should."

"I don't know her, P'."

A deep sigh escapes Arthit's lungs. "Kongpob, I don't want this too."

Arthit's head hurts. He lets his body fall on his bed. And Kongpob does the same.

They don't think they can eat their dinner.

 

~

The next day, Arthit wakes up very late, four hours after Kongpob left. As usual, there's breakfast waiting for him, but this time, there's no note.

His head still hurts, and it's worse than last night. He tries to stand up and go to the bathroom, but he has to hold onto the wall just to get there. Days of walking in the rain and last night's disastrous call led to a fever. He can't go to class like this.

 

~

The library is full of people cramming for whatever they're supposed not to cram for. The term is about to end, so this is a normal view. Kongpob is with his friends to finalize their group project. All of his classes are already done, but Arthit still hasn't texted him.

He spots Knot and Tutah at one of the tables. He is reluctant, but he still decides to ask them.

"Sawasdee ka, P'Knot, P'Tutah. Have you seen P'Arthit?"

Tutah can't hide he's giddying.

"He didn't attend our class today, Nong." Knot answers.

Kongpob wonders why, but asking for more details might make his seniors suspicious. "Oh okay. Thank you, P'Knot, P'Tutah."

He's worried, so he finally decides to call Arthit. His first call is not picked up, so he tries again. After the third ring, he finally answers.

"Kong, I'm sorry. I was sleeping. I think I have a fever, " Arthit says with a frail voice.

"I'll be there."

Kongpob runs from the library, leaving his friends and all his things except for those in his pockets. He has no common sense when he's worried.

"What was that? Where's he going?" Oak asks.

Although Tew has an idea, he doesn't answer Oak's question. "We're almost finished anyway. I can do the rest at home."

"So, what are we going to do with all these?" Oak points at Kongpob's things.

"I can bring them to Kong's place," Em answers.

Knot catches how Kongpob suddenly got worried; it's the same look Arthit had when they were in his room, when he ran to help Kongpob when he was injured.

They really are boyfriends, he says to himself, shaking his head.

~

Kongpob uses his key to open Arthit's door and finds his boyfriend sleeping. The breakfast he left this morning is still untouched. He checks his boyfriend's temperature. He has a fever, but it's not so high. The touch awakens Arthit.

"Why are you here?"

"You're sick. Of course, I'm going to take care of you." He sits on the bed. "I bought paracetamol from the pharmacy. You still haven't eaten anything. Good thing I also bought food."

"Thank you, Kongpob." The last time he was sick, Kongpob also took care of him. He feels shy remembering this.

"Do you want to go to the hospital? I parked my motorcycle downstairs."

"No need. It's just a fever. I can manage." Arthit lifts his head and tries to sit up. Sleeping helped reduce his headache. Kongpob is about to place the bed tray like last time when Arthit stops him. "I'll eat with you."

Actually, Kongpob doesn't have a plan to eat yet because it's just 5 PM, which is too early for dinner, but eating with his boyfriend is one of his favorite things, so he gladly agrees and joins him.

Arthit finishes all his food in a flash since it's his first meal of the day.

After his very late combined breakfast and lunch, Arthit decides to stay on his porch to get some fresh air. The food and medicine made him feel better.

Kongpob is changing the bedsheets when he looks back. Arthit doesn't know what he did in his previous life to deserve Kongpob. He's overwhelmed by the way he's taking care of him. He also feels bad because he doesn't know if he's doing enough as a boyfriend. Everything's new to him, but that is not a reason to not put an effort into their relationship.

When Kongpob is done, he joins Arthit on the porch.

"Thank you, Kong."

Kongpob frowns. "Why don't you call me 'darling' right now?"

"What? Why would I?"

"I hate it when you only call me 'darling' when you need something."

"Kongpob!"

Kongpob makes a pouty face. He doesn't know it yet, but it Arthit is weak to that.

The latter starts to feel defeated. He feels as if he has no other choice.

"Thank you... uh... darling." He softly mutters, his cheeks turning pink. It's worth it, though, because it's music to Kongpob's ears.

Like what Arthit did on the bridge, Kongpob grabs Arthit's shirt and captures his lips with his own. Arthit is shocked, the same reaction Kongpob had before, but he doesn't pull away. After blinking a few times, he closes his eyes and feels their lips together. This kiss, their second kiss, is different from the one on the bridge, however. It's patient, gentler, and hotter.

Arthit feels Kongpob's hand move from his shirt to his neck, pulling him closer, and at the same time, as if by instinct, Arthit knots his fists in his boyfriend's shirt, deepening the kiss even more. Kongpob groans softly in his throat and hesitantly parts his boyfriend's soft lips, testing how far he can go.

Shivers run through Arthit's nerves when he feels Kong's tongue against his, slowly exploring his mouth.

Braving his shyness, he copies Kongpob's movements and moves his tongue, making the latter open his eyes in surprise. He feels the smile that forms in Kongpob's lips.

When they part, Arthit's already pink cheeks turn red. He looks down, avoiding eye contact. "Kongpob, you might catch my cold."

"I take vitamins, P'Arthit." He can't hide his greed. "Can we do it again?"

"Hey! Don't push it!" Arthit shakes his head while going back inside, hiding his own beaming smile.


~

Em was on his way to Kongpob's dorm, and Tew joined him. They tried to call Kongpob, but he didn't answer their calls.

"I don't know why Kongpob brings too many things to school," Em complained while carrying Kongpob's backpack.

"Unlike you, Kongpob and I actually like to study."

Em glared at Tew, but the latter just smiled.

Tew finds Em cute, not that he would tell that to anybody. He also wondered if Em is gay too.

He shook off the idea when they reached Kong's room. They knocked a few times, but no one answered. Since he's the best friend, Kongpob gave Em a spare key to his room. They had no other choice, so he decided to use it.

Em envies Kongpob because the latter gets to live on his own. M stays in his aunt's house a few blocks from the university, so he doesn't have much freedom as Kongpob does.

He set Kongpob's bag on the chair. When he turned, a figure outside the window caught his attention.

Isn't that P'Arthit?  He  lives there?

A moment later, another figure appeared on the porch on the other building. "Hey there's— "

Before he completed his sentence, he saw the second figure grab Arthit's shirt and kiss him.

Em, jaw dropped, had nothing else to say. Tew turned to him to ask what he was saying and noticed he's staring at something outside. He traced where Em was looking at, and his eyes widened when he saw it. Oh.

When Tew discovered days ago that Kongpob is dating Arthit, he imagined how the two would look like. "So this is how they look like when kissing," he mutters. If he'd describe it, he'd say it's hot.

"What?" Em questioned him. "You know about this?"

Tew composed himself and thought whether to tell Em the secret, but he already saw it anyway, so he nodded.

"I thought I'm the best friend," Em complained.

"Hey, Em, he didn't actually tell me. I just... discovered it."

"So all this time... Kongpob is actually dating P'Arthit? No wonder why he doesn't tell me about the girl because there's no girl." He looked back at the scene, and the couple was not yet done making out. He drew the curtain to block the view, knowing they were not supposed to see that.

Tew put his arm on Em's shoulder. "Are you disappointed?"

"No! I'm just surprised. I knew Kong for years, and I didn't expect him to... you know... kiss a guy. It didn't look like he's gay."

"Why? Do gay people have a template of how they should look like?" Tew crossed his arms.

"Uhhh. No." His head drops. "I just wished he opened up to me. I won't shun him... you know... Maybe he thinks that way, but I won't."

"Just give him time."

There was silence. Em took a deep breath.

"But seriously? Of all guys? P'Arthit? I can't even breathe when he's near, but Kong? Is kissing him?? On his lips???!"

Tew started laughing. "Haha! I had the same reaction."

 

 

 

Chapter 9: We Are Both

Chapter Text




Kongpob wakes up from the sound of his alarm. He put the volume down the night before so as to not wake his boyfriend up. He set the alarm a little earlier so he can have time to pick up his things from his dorm. Em left him a message yesterday saying he brought Kongpob's stuff to his dorm. He smiles contently as he looks at his darling sleeping soundly and snuggly in his arms. I can get used to this.

He does a soft squeeze of the body he's embracing before gently getting up. He lightly puts his hands on Arthit's forehead and is relieved that his temperature has gone back to normal. As much as he wants to stay where he is and spend the rest of the day attached to his P', he needs to make sure his patient will eat breakfast and take his medicine. He also has a class today, so he really needs to start moving.

After doing his morning routine and buying chicken soup for breakfast, Kongpob gently shakes Arthit to wake him.

"P'Arthit..."

"P'Arthit..."

Nothing.

"Darling..."

That's when Arthit's eyes instantly open.

"You really like being called 'darling,' huh?"

Arthit rolls on the other side of the bed and buries his blushing face on the pillow. "Kong, I want to sleep more. Stop bothering me."

"You can sleep more later. Eat breakfast with me first." Kongpob gently drags Arthit to the table where their food is waiting.

"Where is my pink milk?" Arthit pouts when he notices what's missing for his breakfast.

"I didn't buy you one today. But I'll buy you once you've fully recovered."

"But I'm not sick anymore!"

Kongpob drags his chair beside Arthit. "Okay... Here's what I'm gonna do."

He takes a spoonful of chicken soup close to Arthit's mouth. "I'll feed you breakfast first, and you take your medicine. And then later when I get home, I'm gonna buy you pink milk," he explains as if he's talking to a baby.

Arthit, now blushing again, takes his spoon from his boyfriend's hand and avoids eye contact. Having Kongpob sitting close to him makes him remember the kiss they shared yesterday. "I'll feed myself. You go and finish your food too."

Kongpob gives up and eats his own food.

Arthit can't focus on eating, however. Whenever Kongpob blows on the hot soup, he can't help but stare at his lips. Arthit feels his own lips, trying to feel yesterday's kiss again.

"P'Arthit, why are you smiling?"

"Huh?" Arthit was caught. "I just remembered something."

"Is it what I'm thinking too?"

"What are you talking about? Uh, it's Bright that I remembered."

"But P'Bright wasn't the one you kissed yesterday, P'."

"Kongpob!"



After making Arthit take his medicine and washing the dishes, Kongpob gets ready to leave.

"P'Arthit, are you sure you can go to class today?"

"Yes, I feel better already. Besides, the class is not until later this afternoon, so I can rest more. Now, stop worrying, and go to your class."

Kongpob doesn't move, however, and just stands there, directly staring at his boyfriend's eyes.

"Why are you still standing there? You'll be late! What are you waiting for?" Arthit asks in confusion and motions to the door.

"I'm waiting for my goodbye kiss."

"What goodbye kiss?! Just go now!"

"But P'..." Before Kongpob can finish his whining, Arthit gives him an unexpected quick peck on the lips and shoves him out the door, leaving him smiling the whole way to his dorm.

If asked, Kongpob isn't really counting, but he's glad that their second and third kisses happened on two consecutive days. He's excited for his classes to be done so he can redeem his fourth.


~

"Kongpob?" Arthit knocks on Kongpob's dorm room, but no one answers. He tries again but to no avail. Maybe he's in the shower?

He moves the plastic bag that contains the food he ordered out to his other hand to grab Kongpob's room key from his pocket. He rarely uses Kongpob's key. He prefers having him open the door to let his boyfriend have his privacy, but this time, he uses it to not let the food he brought get cold.

He wants to thank Kongpob for thanking care of him while he was sick, so right after his class, he went straight to the food stalls and bought their dinner.

Arthit opens the door and sees his boyfriend sitting by the table watching something on his laptop with his earphones on. That explains why he can't hear him.

He walks in closer with the intention of surprising Kongpob but stops dead in his tracks when he saw what's playing on Kongpob's laptop.

He feels the heat rushing to his face as he sees two men going at it on the screen. He doesn't know what he's shyer of, catching his boyfriend watching porn or seeing gay porn for the first time.

Arthit doesn't know what to do. He takes a step back slowly, ready to leave, but he freezes when he sees Kongpob insert his left hand inside his shorts. He drops the food he is carrying when his boyfriend starts stroking himself.

"What!" Kongpob jumps back from his chair from the sudden sound of something dropping and immediately looks back with surprise and embarrassment in his face when he sees his P' whose face has now turned into a shade of blue.

He stands from where he's sitting, accidentally pulling his earphones' plug connected to his laptop, letting the deep moans of the two guys come out. He slams the laptop shut in panic. "P'Arthit, why—"

"I think I should leave." Arthit escapes from his boyfriend's dorm, forgetting the food he dropped.

"P'Arthit!" Kongpob cries out as he runs after Arthit but stops at his door when he realizes he can't run after him with his hard-on.

Em told him before how embarrassing it is to be caught jerking off, but he didn't know it's THIS embarrassing. His own boyfriend even caught him doing it all by himself.

Kongpob decides to make himself decent first and fix the food that's left on the floor before facing his boyfriend.


~

"P, Arthit, I know you're there." Kongpob's knocking gets louder that Arthit had no choice but to open his door before his neighbors complain.

He sees his boyfriend carrying the food he bought, so he takes it from his hands and sets it on the table.

He's not invited, but Kongpob makes his way in. They don't talk until the food is set and they're eating together.

"P'Arthit..."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Why? It's normal," Kongpob says, trying to suppress the embarrassment he still feels.

"I know."

Arthit has a lot in his mind. When he visited Kongpob earlier, he also wanted to talk about their upcoming date with Namtan and Joy. He thinks about bringing it up now, but they already have a lot on their plates.

They continue eating in silence until Kongpob opens his mouth again.

"I was researching."

Arthit chokes on his food. His boyfriend hands him a glass of water.

This new information sends chills down Arthit's spine. He knows that eventually, they will get to that level of their relationship, but he didn't know that it's in Kongpob's mind already. We've just been together for two weeks!

Arthit continues eating his food, and when he's done, he takes a look at Kongpob.

"I'm not yet ready, Kong," he admits in a serious tone.

"What?"

"I said I'm not yet ready... to do... that."

"P'Arthit, I'm not telling you that we will do it soon. I just want to know things... so when the time comes, I'm prepared," Kongpob explains with a suggestive smile.

"Kongpob!"

Arthit stands up and turns on the TV to be occupied, not that it does anything because his mind goes to the screen he saw earlier.

His boyfriend cleans the table and throws the trash outside. When he gets back, he sits beside Arthit. They stayed there in silence until Arthit breaks it.

"I was supposed to thank you for taking care of me. That's why I went to your room."

Kongpob just nods.

Arthit holds his hand. "Thank you, Kong."

Kongpob smiles upon the realization that his boyfriend is okay now. "Anything for you."

"But I didn't know you're a pervert. Seriously? Watching porn that early?"

"P', I'm not a pervert! I told you I was just researching."

Arthit just shakes his head.

"P', I'm not ready, too. That's why I did that."

There's silence.



"P'Arthit, I have a question."

Arthit looks at him.

"Have you had sex already?" Kongpob knows that he is Arthit's first romantic relationship partner, but he still asked just in case a wild night already happened.

Arthit's eyes widen at the question. He's stunned, but he thinks it's natural for Kongpob to ask this.

He shakes his head.

Kongpob nods.

"How about you?"


.

.

.


Kongpob also shakes his head.

He's surprised. "Really?"

"Why, P'? Do you think I already did it?"

"I thought you already had a girlfriend?"

"Yes, but we didn't do it."

"I don't believe you."

"Why? Is it because you think I'm sexy?"

"Kongpob!"

He's right, though. Arthit thinks he's sexy. While Kongpob is on the slim side of the spectrum, he still has muscles where they should be, not that he will tell him that. His train of thought gets cut when Kongpob squeezes his hand tighter. Curious, he looks at his boyfriend.

"Don't be mad, P'. You know... we don't have to rush. I'm actually already happy that I get to be beside you, holding your hand like this."

Like always, Arthit blushes.

They are silent again.




"So... is it true?" Arthit asks.

Kongpob gives him a questioning look. "What is true?"

"That... I will be your first?"

Kongpob blinks repeatedly. "P'Arthit??? I'm—"

Arthit closes his eyes and purses his lips out of embarrassment after realizing what he just said. But he is laughing. And Kongpob joins him.

"I don't know how we'll do it, Kong," he says while still giggling, resting his forehead on his boyfriend's shoulder.

 

Also shaking with laughter, Kongpob responds, "Me neither, P'Arthit."

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10: Another Double Date (Part 1)

Chapter Text

 


Kongpob wakes up in his room in a bad mood. Aside from not being with his boyfriend last night because he has loads of assignments to finish, today, he has to meet his boyfriend's first love and another girl whom he doesn't know. There will be four of them at the dinner, but his assigned date isn't the one he likes among the three.

The vision of what will happen tonight makes him scratch his head.

He gets up from bed and looks at his closet. He can't decide whether or not to put effort into his attire later. On one hand, he wants to keep it simple so Joy won't have the impression that he's trying to impress her. On the other hand, he wants to look good because Namtan is there and he doesn't want his boyfriend to look at someone more beautiful than him.

He grabs his phone and texts his boyfriend to ask what the other is going to wear for tonight.

It's just 7 AM, so his reply won't come until a few more hours. Sometimes, he wishes Arthit wakes up a bit earlier. A few more hours of him sleeping also mean a few more hours not being with him.

After tidying his room while thinking about the possible scenarios that can happen later, he decides to take a shower.

Kongpob thinks of how he can face Namtan. In all honesty, she seems like a good lady to him. But her sweet smile bothers him a lot.

Remembering that day at the mall, the day he first met Namtan, makes his chest hurt. He witnessed how madly in love Arthit was with her. When she smiled, he saw how Arthit's eyes sparkled. He trusts his boyfriend, of course. However, while Arthit reassured him that he already got over her, he can't really control his fear of what could happen after their dinner tonight. What if he realizes he still likes her?

Kongpob scratches his head again and turns the shower on.

Drying himself in front of the mirror, he gets a full view of himself. Sad eyes look at himself. He forces a smile. Not bad. But you need to do better. Knowing how Namtan's smile looks like, he tries to copy it: closed lips, slightly curved, with slow blinking eyes.

It doesn't work on his face.

So he tries a different smile, something wider. It still doesn't work. He looks like a pervert. Frustrated, he frowns and goes back to showering, forgetting he's already done.

Just as he steps out of the bathroom, his phone dings to notify him.

 

I'll just wear a blue shirt and jeans. make it simple.

 


He's curious why his boyfriend is up this early. But an idea comes up to his mind. He types his reply with a smirk.

Okay, P'Arthit. I'll wear a black shirt.

 

 

He's lying. He'll also wear blue.

 


~

Arthit tried to sleep last night after Kongpob left, but he couldn't. He was thinking of how he would handle being with Namtan and Kongpob at one table. He also can't stop his mind thinking about how his boyfriend already thinks about sex, despite their agreement that they won't rush things.

It's already morning, but he still hasn't gotten a decent sleep yet. Giving up, he gets up and checks his phone. Kongpob asks him what he would wear tonight, and he checks his closet for any available shirt. His best ones are in the dirty clothes hamper, so he settles with a blue shirt.

There are still hours to go before their event later, so he decides to work on his assignments, but not for long because 30 minutes into the task, he dozes off on his table and finally gets the sleep he needs.

 

 

~

Hours later, Arthit's phone rings, waking him up. He checks who it is and answers immediately.

"Hey, Knot. Why did you call?"

"It's already past 1 PM, and you're still sleeping?" It's really obvious in Arthit's voice.

"It's Sunday. And why do you care?"

Knot ignores the question and goes straight to the point of his call. "We just want to invite you tonight. It's been a while since we had fun, and—"

"Uh..." Arthit interrupts him. "Sorry, Knot, I can't join you tonight. I'm meeting my high school friend."

Knot, of course, having an idea, doesn't believe him. But still, he says okay. His friends agree to just go without him, but Knot doesn't hang up until Arthit swears he'll join next time.

 

 

~

At 5 PM, Arthit goes to Kongpob's room to fetch him. Namtan texted him the place, and it's a grill restaurant located in the city proper, so they have to leave early.

He's about to knock, but the door suddenly opens, revealing Kongpob, wearing a cobalt blue dress shirt. He looks at his own shirt and notices they're wearing the exact same color.

"I thought you'll wear black?"

"I forgot it's in the laundry."

Arthit rolls his eyes and gets in. He goes straight to Kongpob's closet and looks for another shirt Kongpob can wear. He doesn't know Kongpob already hid his other dress shirts earlier today since he knows his senior will do this. Arthit pulls a white short-sleeved shirt and shoves it on Kongpob's face. "Wear this."

"P', I don't have time to iron it."

"I thought you like ironing? Why do you leave this one unironed?"

"I don't usually wear that anymore, so I just leave it there."

Arthit gives up and sits on the bed. He looks at the shined leather shoes Kongpob's about to wear and stops him.

"Are you seriously going to wear that? Do you want to make her think you are putting an effort to look good for her?"

Kongpob gives him a smiling look. Shaking his head, he picks a pair of sneakers from the rack. "Is this okay?"

Arthit just nods. Actually, he wants Kongpob to wear the blue dress shirt and the leather shoes he initially picked, but he wants Kongpob to wear them on their date, when it will be just the two of them. Maybe someday.


In the cab, they talk about what they should and should not do during the date.

"Keep it short. Don't look at her in the eyes for too long. Tell her immediately that you are not interested. You don't want to give her false hopes."

"P', we are already giving her false hopes."

"I know that, but she won't stop, so it needs to be this way."

"Okay."

"And no teasing!"

The couple arrives at their meeting place 30 minutes later. "Are they there already?" Kongpob asks.

"No. Let's go in."

They planned to get the table nearest to the door (for a quick escape plan, if necessary), but two guys are already occupying it, so they settle at the table near the meat section.

Both of them want to back out, but neither says it to the other.

Not long after they settled, Namtan and another girl who must be Joy come in and go straight to their table.

"Oon!"

Arthit stands up. Namtan hugs him, and he returns the hug. Kongpob's eye twitches at the sight. Really? Not even five seconds in and you two are already hugging?

She also greets Kongpob. "Hi, Nong Kongpob. It's nice to meet you again. This is Joy..." She drags her closer. "... and she's so excited to finally meet you." Kongpob gives them a wai.

Joy is as tall as Namtan, and she has wavy brown hair. Today, she's wearing a yellow dress. Kongpob knows that Joy prepared for the date, and he feels bad about it. Her pretty face beams a smile at Kongpob. "Nice to meet you."

She seems like a shy and sweet person. Arthit can't believe she's the girl that forced him to take his boyfriend out on a date.

"And Joy, this is Arthit. Thank him for making this date possible."

Joy freezes on the spot. She recognized Arthit's face when they approached them, but she couldn't remember who he is until Namtarn gave the face a name. She knew Namtarn's friend helped her arrange this dinner, but she was clueless that the helpful friend is the head hazer of the Engineering faculty.

"P'Arthit, nice to meet you. And thank you," Joy shakingly says.

Namtan notices the two guys' clothes. "I didn't know we should wear matching clothes. I should've worn yellow."

Arthit just shyly smiles at her and glares at his boyfriend. In his mind, he's strangling Kongpob's neck.

"Let's sit." Kongpob says, escaping his boyfriend's sharp eyes. He goes around the table and pulls the chair for Joy. She's touched by the gesture and mutters a soft "thank you" before taking her seat. A sweet smile is plastered on her face.

Arthit glares again at Kongpob when their eyes meet. What happened to not giving her false hopes?

When Kongpob goes back to his seat beside Arthit, the latter punched his thigh under the table. Kongpob flinches, which is noticed by Namtarn.

"Are you okay, Nong Kongpob?"

"Yes, I... I just twisted a muscle."

Namtan nods even though she saw that Arthit is the cause of the pain in Kongpob's face.

They start eating and talking. Awkwardness looms around the table as Joy can't keep her smiling eyes off Kongpob, who glares at Namtan from time to time, who sweetly smiles at Arthit, who, in turn, glares at Joy.

Joy tries to talk to Kongpob, asking him the basic questions one asks on a first date. Kongpob tries to answer her politely, but with just short words. He doesn't want another punch under the table. He also doesn't ask the same questions back, but Joy gives him information, nevertheless. 

"Kongpob," Joy continues her interrogation." Did you really want to be an engineer?"

"No," he responds. "I was about to enroll in the faculty of Business and Economics, but someone, a special person, convinced me to choose Engineering."

"Oh? Really?" Joy is somehow excited, but it changes to regret. "Aw. We were almost classmates. Too bad."

Arthit chews his food harder while staring at Joy, as if doing so would make her disappear from their table.

However, it's his first time hearing about the person that convinced Kongpob to choose Engineering. He mentally notes to ask about them and thank them if he would be given the chance.

"Oon," Namtan calls his attention, holding the back of his hand resting on the table. "Are you okay?" She noticed how Arthit is looking at Joy.

Kongpob saw how her hand went straight to his boyfriend's. His eye twitches again, but this time, it's accompanied by him gritting his teeth. He didn't even react? Is this normal for them?

Indeed, it is normal for them. Namtarn, Arthit, and Jay are really touchy to each other.

Arthit regains his composure and answers Namtarn's question with a short "yes."

Accepting the answer, she starts a topic of conversation. "Do you remember that day when we were by the river?"

The question suddenly makes Arthit's mood change. "Of course!" He answers, almost excitedly.

Kongpob's trying to find the right time when to reject Joy, but he's failing because his focus is on Namtarn and on his boyfriend. He saw how easy it is for Namtarn to make Arthit happy.

Air escaped through his nose. The dagger of jealousy had been looming around him since Namtan and Arthit hugged, but this time, it finally stabbed him cold.

"I couldn't believe you jumped when Jay jumped. That river was dirty, Oon." Namtan laughingly says.

Kongpob looks at Joy who is acting cute in front of him, then at Namtan, who's all smiles holding his boyfriend's hand.

He has had enough. He knows that Arthit will be mad at him for what he's about to do, but he can't think of any other option. He needs to do something, so he picks a stone that can kill two birds.

By stone, he means a piece of meat from the griller. He picks the best piece of meat and places it on Arthit's plate.

"P'Arthit, you're still recovering from being sick. Eat more." The other three look at him.

What is Kongpob doing? Arthit mutters to himself.

"Oon, you were sick?" Namtan gets a little worried.

"Uhh, I just had a fever two days ago, but it's gone now."

"I took care of him," Kongpob proudly announces with his chin up. Arthit gives him another sharp look even though his eyes are already tired of doing it.

"Wow, Nong Kongpob is really a caring guy. Right, Joy?"

"Yes."

Kongpob needs to do more. He gets more food from the griller and places them on his boyfriend's plate. "P'Arthit, do you want more vegetables?"

Arthit ignores him and continues talking with Namtan. Not aware of Kongpob's change of plan, he's curious when's Kongpob going to talk to Joy and tell her he's not interested so that they can end this night and go back to bed.

Kongpob continues to fill his plate whenever he eats a piece, and Namtan, who notices this, can't hide her curious look. Arthit feels the need to stop Kongpob, so when the latter is about to place a mushroom on his plate, he holds his wrist to stop him. "Kongpob!"

Kongpob is successful at parting the joined hands.

The mushroom falls down and so do Namtan's and Joy's jaws. With Kongpob's wrist up like that for an extended time, Joy gets a full view of the white thread he is wearing.

"Oon...," Namtarn speaks.

"I— I'm sorry for shouting." He eyes Kongpob, muttering him to stop.

Namtan feels something is not right. Arthit has this look on his face that she recognizes. She knows when he's hiding something.

"Kongpob, what's that thread on your wrist?" Joy asks, trying to avoid the awkward situation.

Arthit looks at Kongpob's wrist. He has also noticed it before. It's been over a month since the flag-capturing day and the wrist-tying ceremony, but Kongpob is still wearing the thread he tied.

"Ah," Kongpob starts to answer. "It's from P'Arthit."

"It's a tradition in our faculty." Arthit tries to control the situation. "The seniors give it to the juniors as a sign of them being accepted."

Joy and Namtan nod at the explanation.

But Kongpob doesn't like this version. "Yes, but I already removed the other threads. I only keep the one P'Arthit tied." He proudly shows it by wiggling his wrist.

Arthit can't believe his boyfriend. Are you trying to get us caught? He just awkwardly smiles at the two girls and drinks his iced tea.

While everything's happening, Namtan pieces everything together: the matching clothes, the eye communication, the ineffectively hidden gestures, the white thread, Kongpob taking care of Arthit, Arthit's reluctance to bring Kongpob to the date... They all suggest one thing.

"Oon..." Namtan starts.

Arthit lifts his head.

"Are you two—" She gestures at him and Kongpob. "—dating?"

Joy loudly gasps. She's finally getting it.

Arthit suddenly can't breathe. He's fucked. He's not ready to do this.

However, he can't lie anymore. Namtan will corner her anyway. More importantly, he doesn't want to see Kongpob's disappointed face again. The guilt he felt that day at the mall when they saw Praepailin haunted him for days.

Everything will change once he tells her. But everything already changed when he accepted Kongpob in his life. Deep inside, he knows he can't escape this question forever.

"Arthit?" Namtan almost never calls him Arthit.

His eyes are shaking. He takes a deep breath and mutters:

"We are."

"Oon..."



"We are dating."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 11: Another Double Date (Part 2)

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

"We are."

"Oon..."

"We are dating."

Kongpob isn't expecting Arthit to admit it that easily.

"Oh. But you are both..." Namtan is confused. She never expected her friend to be gay. Her classmates told her in high school that Arthit likes her. She even wondered why he didn't ask her out.

Arthit lowers his gaze to the table, feeling smaller than he already is.

"Nevermind. Sorry..." She leans back. "But... but why didn't you tell me?"

In the middle of the conversation, Joy doesn't know what to do and how to react. She excuses herself and goes to the restroom.

"Don't mind her," says Namtan. She feels guilty about what she has said. "Goodness, I'm glad this is over. Do you know how she annoyed me for weeks because of you, N'Kongpob?" He just gives her an apologetic smile. She faces Arthit again.

"Why didn't you tell me, Oon? If I knew you are dating, I wouldn't have asked you to bring N'Kongpob here."

"I... I didn't know how to tell you."

Namtan realizes Arthit might be afraid of what she would think. "You know I'm your best friend, right?"

Arthit just looks at her in the eyes and nods. He's quite teary. Namtan gives him a reassuring smile.

Somehow, Arthit feels relieved that his friend accepts him. He hopes his other friends would do the same.

But suddenly Namtan remembers something.

"Oh my god!" She covers her mouth with her hand. "The day you told me about Kongpob's morning habits... you already slept with him! That's why you know all those things!"

Arthit panically shakes his hand and head. "No! No! No! We haven't done it yet!"

The girl's already wide eyes grow wider. Even Kongpob is shocked.

"Oon! I'm not talking about that!"

What Arthit has said dawns on himself. Fuuuuuck. He hides his face in his own hands. Something from the table beside them falls, waking him from his embarrassed state.

Namtan gets his hand and holds it again, and this time, she holds Kongpob's too. "Oon, N'Kongpob, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I shouldn't have forced you to come—"

"Namtan," Arthit stops her. "It's okay. I didn't tell you when I had the chance.

She nods, but she starts again: "Also, sorry for outing you... in front of Joy. I... I didn't think about it that much."

Kongpob elbows Arthit to respond to her.

"It's fine, Namtarn. If not for this fool..." He faces Kongpob, "...you wouldn't know."

"Oh. Actually, I would still know."

"You would?"

"Uhm... you two... you are very obvious."

"We are?" Arthit looks at Kongpob with a questioning look. Kongpob just shrugs his shoulders.

"Now, I know why you don't want him to meet Joy." Namtan faces Kongpob. "Do you know what Arthit told me about you before?"

"Namtan! Don't!"

Ignoring her friend, she continues. "He told me about what you always eat, what you buy for breakfast, how good of a friend you are, how long it takes for you to dress up... he knows a lot of things about you. Then, he had the nerve to tell me that he didn't like you. Would you believe that?"

It's Kongpob's first time hearing this. His face lights up. "Really, P'Namtan? Was it that time you were in the coffee shop?"

"How did you know that?" Arthit interrupts.

"I saw you together that day."

"Huh? Why didn't you tell me?"

"We were not in good terms that time, P'Arthit. You were mad at me."

Arthit's mouth hangs open when he remembers.

Namtan lightly taps Kongpob's hand. "He was not really mad at you. Him telling me all those lovely things about you? I think he was just in denial."

"Namtannnnnn." Arthit whines.

"Oh, he really was," Kongpob confirms.

"Do you want another punch?"

"Darling, we were not dating yet that time, but you noticed all those things about me, huh?"

"Shut up! I told you not to call me that when we're not alone!" Arthit exclaims after punching Kongpob's thigh again.

Namtan puts her palms on her cheeks. "Oh my. You two are so cute."

In the middle of their bickering and Namtarn's questions, Joy goes back to their table, reclaiming her seat. She looks like she freshened up. The table suddenly falls silent.

Arthit bumps Kongpob's elbow, signaling him to speak.

Kongpob clears his throat. "Joy." She knows what's coming.

"Thank you for your admiration, but..." he looks at his boyfriend. "I already have someone special. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry, too, that I forced you to go here. I should have done more research."

Kongpob laughs at her choice of words. "I guess we're just good at hiding." Snickers from somewhere that is not their table can be heard.

"I'm happy for you." Then, she looks at Arthit. "P'Arthit, I'm so sorry."

Actually, Arthit was the reason why she went to the restroom. She heard many things about the cruel head hazer of the Engineering faculty, and she doesn't want to be on his bad side. She had no idea how to face the head hazer now that she knows she tried to steal his boyfriend. Nevermind not having a love life as long as she's alive.

Arthit smiles a bit. "We're good, Nong."

With the mood at the table improved, the four continue their dinner while talking mostly about the couple and Arthit's embarrassing moments during high school.

Three rounds of meat and a lot of laughter later, the four get out of the restaurant and bid their goodbyes. For the last time, Arthit waves at Namtan who's now in a moving cab. Then, he looks at his boyfriend, who's all smiles.

Arthit doesn't say it, but his heart flutters whenever Kongpob smiles like this. He realizes how his feelings for Namtarn before pales in comparison to what he feels so strongly for Kongpob now. Kongpob's worries earlier today are all for nothing because his smile is Arthit's favorite of all smiles.

Kongpob catches him staring. "Why, P'Arthit?"

"Uhh... Nothing." He hails another cab for them.

"I like it when you smile," Arthit mutters in a low voice before quickly hopping into the cab. Kongpob almost didn't catch it, but he pretends he really didn't.

"What did you say, P'Arthit?"

"What? I didn't say anything."

"P'Arthit... I didn't hear it...."

"What didn't you hear?"

Kongpob knows he won't be able to extract it again from his boyfriend. He gives up and allows his boyfriend to recover from blushing, which is his own fault anyway.

"Aw, P'!"

Arthit quickly recovers when he remembers what Kongpob did during their dinner. That's why he punches his thigh for the third time.

"I know what you did there. You thought I'd forget?"

"I'm sorry, P'Arthit, but I couldn't take it anymore. When she held your hand, I needed to let her know that you're mine."

"Held my hand? Oh..." Arthit finally remembers. "But we were like that even before."

"Even though." Kongpob stubbornly says in a serious tone.

Arthit rolls his eyes and notices the cab driver looking at them. He stays quiet for the rest of the ride, looking outside the window.

Thinking about it now, what he did, what they did is right. He feels relief knowing that there are two less people they have to lie to.

However, he feels guilty knowing that Namtan knew about his relationship with Kongpob before his friends. He needs to find a way to tell them soon. 

 

 

~

Earlier that day, a pair of guys sat near the door of the shabu-shabu place. The one was wearing shades, and the other, a cap.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Tutah asked.

Bright moves closer to whisper at him. "Yes, I heard it when Knot was talking to Arthit."

"Okay, let's start getting food before they arrive."

Their get-together got canceled because they don't really like it when they're incomplete. They agreed to schedule it on another night instead. Bright and Tutah thought Arthit ditched them because he had a date with Kongpob (they were partly right), so they decided to spy on him.

They were getting meat and vegetables they would grill when Arthit and Kongpob came in.

They quickly hid behind a post. "See, he's not with his high school friend," Bright proudly stated.

However, they were surprised when two girls approached the couple and sat in front of them. One of the girls even hugged Arthit.

Confused and curious, they quickly the table beside the four people. There's a divider between the tables that perfectly covered their faces. They learned that the girl who hugged Arthit is Namtan.

"I never knew Namtan is this beautiful," Bright whispered. Crumpled tissue paper came flying towards him.

Tutah and Bright heard everything. They were shocked to know that the other girl likes Kongpob and that Arthit brought him there to meet her.

They were awkward when the other table was quiet.

They suppressedly laughed when Namtan told about Arthit jumping in a dirty river.

They were on the edge of their seats when the girls discovered that Arthit and Kongpob are dating. It is also their official confirmation of their highly-probable speculation. Tutah wanted to cry because of the courage his friend showed.

When Joy stood up and went to the restroom, Bright finally had a clear view of her face. He thought she's also very pretty.

"Don't mind her," they heard Namtan say. "I'm glad this is over. Do you know how she annoyed me for weeks because of you, N'Kongpob?"

"How could Kongpob choose a hot-headed big baby over that pretty girl?" Bright whispered to Tutah.

The other gave him a sharp look and signaled him to keep quiet.

"Oh. My. God!" They were both startled when Namtan almost shouted. "The day you told me about Kongpob's morning habits... you already slept with him!"

"No! No! We haven't done it yet!" Arthit defended.

Tutah's and Bright's eyes widened; their jaws dropped. Bright accidently dropped the metal saucer he's holding, gaining the attention of the two other guys at the back of their seats. Tutah facepalmed, and Bright silently apologized without looking at them.

They proceeded to eat their dinner while listening to the other table's stories. Tutah almost squealed when they heard Kongpob call Arthit "darling."

They snickered when Kongpob told the girls that they are good at hiding their relationship. "If only you know..."

When they saw the four people from the other table leaving, they lowered their heads to avoid being caught.

With them gone, they can finally eat in peace without trying hard to be covert. They didn't expect what they witnessed, but they were satisfied with what transpired.

"Tutah, when do you think Arthit will tell us?"

Tutah just shrugged and continued filling his mouth with food.

When they were about to leave, the two guys from the table at their back took the seats beside them.

"What are you two doing here?!" One of the guys asked.

 


Bright and Tutah looked at each other, then back at the two men. "Knot? Prem?"

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

i really like that sotus didn't resort to vilifying women just to create conflicts. namtarn? may? praepailin? earth? we love all of them! I so respect sotus in that aspect, so i retain it here. :))

Chapter 12: Not So Bright

Chapter Text

 

 

Arthit suddenly feels as if his small room is too big. The two weeks he has been with Kongpob made them grow closer that now, being without him this morning makes him feel empty.

His eyes widen upon his own realization that he misses Kongpob, but his lips form a smile afterwards. He gets a pillow and buries his face for a while. His boyfriend is just in the other building–there's no reason for him to act like this. He fights with himself until his phone chirps repeatedly.

Annoyed by the disturbance to his cheesy imaginations that nobody would ever know, he sits up and gets his phone. The group chat with his friends is full of gleeful and excited messages as their only class for today got canceled. The semester's about to end, and the professors are more lax. He replies with an "okay" emoji before placing his phone back on his desk.

Now, he has all day to himself with nothing to do... and no Kongpob to bother him.

He gets his phone again and checks his friends' other messages. They all have plans on their own, so he'll really be alone today. He plays with his phone until his stomach reminds him that he hasn't eaten breakfast yet. Dragging himself off his bed, he goes to the bathroom to freshen up before buying his breakfast.

Looking at himself on the mirror, he realizes that his last haircut was more than a month ago, when Kongpob accompanied him to the salon. He decides to have his haircut today and eat breakfast at the mall instead. It's past 11 am, anyway.

Strolling around the mall all alone isn't new to Arthit. He actually likes his me-time, but his last two visits here were both with Kongpob, so he can't help but feel lonely.

He settles in a cheap restaurant for his breakfast. Instead of having his regular pink milk, he opts for a cup of iced coffee.

Across his table is a pair of guys, probably eating their late breakfast as well. One of the guys extends his arm to give the other a piece of meatball. Arthit smiles a little, realizing they might be a couple. However, the other guy declines, with a mix of fear and annoyance on his face.

Arthit's heart sinks for the first guy, and it sinks more when he realizes he might be treating Kongpob the same way. With his mood affected by what he has witnessed, he ends up forcing himself to finish his noodle soup.

His mind is still on the couple while he's on his way to the salon.

"Just a haircut," he tells the receptionist after she greeted him.

The guy who cut his hair before comes out, and he recognizes Arthit. "Nong! You're back! Where's your friend?"

He's referring to Kongpob. Arthit doesn't know why he's asking, but he shyly answers anyway. "He's not with me today."

The haircutter leads him to the barber's chair and starts trimming his hair. In less than 30 minutes, he's done and is on his way home.

He checks his phone for any messages from Kongpob, but there's none. He might just be in class.

As he walks toward the exit, he passes by an accessory store, not a jewelry shop, just a small store selling cheap bracelets and necklaces.

On their way home last night from the "date" with Namtarn and Joy, he told Kongpob to remove the old white thread since it already got dirty, but the other insisted that he doesn't want to because it's him who gave it. So Arthit decided to check out the store and find something to replace the thread.

After going one round, he picks a simple brown bracelet. Satisfied with his choice, he goes to the cashier to pay for it.

But before he does, he darts back to the stand where he got the bracelet and gets another one. The thought of wearing the same thing puts a smile on his face.

Before continuing his way home, he checks his phone again, and when there's still nothing from his boyfriend, he finally decides to text him first. 

 

Kong, did you have your lunch already?

I'm going home from the mall. Do you want anything?

I have no class today

 


He's planning to go to the university and surprise his boyfriend. However, Arthit's already in his room when Kongpob replies.

 

I'm eating just now, P'Arthit. We were busy. I will also have to finish a paper with my friends later. I might go home late. :(

 

There goes Arthit's plan to surprise his boyfriend and give his gift. He sighs and just tells Kongpob that it's okay.

He looks around his large room and allows his body to fall on his bed. He's really not used to being alone anymore.




~

The Engineering faculty's cafeteria is too busy for a Tuesday morning. The freshmen populated the area as they continue their works while eating their late breakfast.

"I don't know what to do with my paper anymore. I already revised it thrice, but Prof. Anusorn still won't accept it," Maprang complains.

"Same here, but I already revised mine five times!" Oak says as if it's a contest.

Em, May, and Tew share the same sentiments. Not minding his friends' whining, Kongpob tries to reread his work while eating his food. He has a photoshoot for the university's campaign to go to, yet he still has a lot of things to do. He didn't even have time to meet his boyfriend.

"Kong!" Praepailin approaches her friends' table. She has a full makeup on. "Are you almost done? We're about to start."

Kongpob takes a last bite from his food before standing up. "I am ready now."

He starts packing his things while telling his friends he already needs to go.

"Oh Kong," Praepailin calls his attention." P'Minnie already left, so I have to do your makeup." She waves a makeup kit.

"Oh, okay."

"Let's go."

This year's Moon and Star were asked to model for the university's website, and even though both Kongpob and Praepailin are busy with their studies, they made time for the photoshoot because they already said yes a while back.

While applying foundation to Kongpob's face, Praepailin asks him a question.

"Wouldn't someone be mad at me because I'm doing this to you—" The vision of Arthit doing Kongpob's makeup suddenly enters Praepailin's imagination. She has to physically shake her head to take it off her mind, "—uh... or because we're always together?"

"Uhh..." Kongpob's eyes remain closed as his friend brushes his eyelids. "...No one would be mad, Prae.

Praepailin wonders if the secret thing is the idea of Kongpob, Arthit, or both of them. Realizing she might be making her friend uncomfortable, she changes the subject.

"Do you think we would get paid for this?"

Kongpob laughs. "I doubt."





The next day, the seniors are in front of the Engineering faculty's building to waste time before their next class starts.

"I'm just saying, if anyone of us comes out, we will accept him wholeheartedly. Look at Tutah. He's gay, but we still are friends with him," Bright says.

"Well, I haven't felt I am your friend," Tutah responds.

Bright throws an empty plastic bottle at him. "How about now?"

Knot glares at Bright, signaling him to stop. They're thinking of ways to make Arthit feel that he will still be accepted if he comes out to them. However, Knot feels Arthit is uncomfortable about the topic.

"What about you, Prem?" Bright ignores Knot.

"Uhhh..." Even Prem feels discomfort. "Of course... who are we to judge?"

Knot fishes his phone out of his pocket to text Bright and tell him his plan is not working and that he has to stop.

After their unplanned get-together last Sunday in the shabu-shabu place, the four friends talked about the scene they witnessed. There's no denying that Arthit isn't straight since they heard it themselves when he admitted he's dating Kongpob. They agreed to let Arthit decide on his own when to tell them and simply give him hints that they wouldn't react badly to it. That way, they think Arthit would feel comfortable. However, Bright's current plan is far from being comfortable as Arthit's eyes are shaking the whole time.

Bright reads Knot's message, and that's only when he finally notices Arthit's state. "Oh. I'm... I'm still not done with my paper, haha!"

Knot, Tutah, and Prem roll their eyes altogether.

Bright tries to look away to escape the awkward situation at their table when he notices a familiar junior carrying another familiar junior. It's Kongpob carrying Praepailin on his back.

She's obviously hurt, and Kongpob is obviously just there to help her.

But Bright's mind works differently. He elbows Arthit on his left to show him the scene.

"Why?" Arthit lifts his head from the thing he's reading and looks at where Bright is looking at: at Kongpob with Praepalin on his back, walking in front of their building.

"Our Star and Moon look good together, don't you think?" Bright says.

Arthit thought his insecurities were already gone. But here they are, all alive and blooming again. It's obviously jealousy, but Arthit makes himself believe it's something else.

Just today, he invited Kongpob for lunch. He planned to give his gift to him and to finally spend time with him after not seeing each other for a day, but the latter said he can't join him because of his workload and because of the photoshoot.

Arthit completely understands. But Kongpob is Arthit's first relationship, and Arthit doesn't know how to act when they're far from each other for an extended amount of time. He really got used to having the junior follow him everywhere.

He isn't telling Kongpob, but he's missing him so much since yesterday. And now, he just feels so rejected.

Arthit looks down to avoid the view of Kongpob and Praepailin entering the infirmary.

His friends, who all witnessed the scene, feel the tension around him. None has an idea how to deal with it since Arthit is still unaware that they already know.

They can only watch their friend stand up and leave their table without any word.

"What were you thinking?" Knot shouts at Bright rather than asking him.

"He needs a little push. Now that he's jealous, he will ask for your advice," Bright proudly answers.

"Oh my god," Tutah reacts.

Knot stiffens his lips and scratches his brows that are not even itchy. "You thought what you did is good l? You just made him angry! They might break up because of what you did!"

"Aw—" Bright finally realizes what he hadn't thought of. "—I don't think it would lead to that."

"What if it would?" Prem asks.

Bright has no answer. Breathing deeply, Knot rests his back.

After keeping quiet for a few minutes while deep in his thoughts, he taps the table. "About what happened, we can't fix that now."

Prem, Tutah, and Bright slowly nod.

Knot continues, "While they're not telling everything to us, this problem is just up to them. Let's just hope they fix it soon. However, other things like that could happen because of careless people like this one–" he glares at Bright. "–and we have to avoid those kinds of things, so we have to control the situation...

 

...and I think I have an idea."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 13: Round Table

Chapter Text

 

 

"They were on a date when I saw them. They even took a couple's seat." Praepailin says, stifling her giggles.

"I saw them at the court. P'Arthit was carrying Kongpob on his back, and they look so sweet," May says with a smile on her face.

"I saw them that day too," Knot adds.

He gathered everyone in the meeting room to try to help their friends. With Prem's (and Wad's) help, they managed to identify Kongpob's friends who are aware of Kongpob and Arthit's relationship. He was expecting only a few, but the hazers' room is full now as if an official function is happening.

His few encounters with Kongpob have made a good impression to Knot. If Arthit has told him that he's dating Kongpob, he would congratulate him and wish the best for them. But Arthit still hasn't, so Knot's doing what he thinks he can to help. He just wishes he isn't overstepping.

All eyes in the room shift to the next person.

"I accidentally read P'Arthit's text," Tew shyly says.

"What text?" Bright asks him.

"Uhh." Tew is unsure if what they're doing is right.

"Tew, it's okay. We're not judging them here. It's okay if you don't want to share," Knot reassures him.

"Is the text, in any way... kinky?" Bright doesn't want to stop. Tutah hits him on the head and asks the juniors not to mind him.

"No! Not really! Uh... He just said... he misses Kongpob," Tew clarifies.

The eight other people in the meeting room suddenly feel giddy.

"How about you, Tutah?" Knot continues.

"It's just my gaydar."

Knot rolls his eyes and moves on to the next person. May elbows Em beside her, but he isn't sure if he should tell them what he saw. Tew feels bad for his friend.

Feeling all eyes are on him, M finally gives in. "I saw them... kissing?"

"Where?" Bright is really into these kinds of things.

"At P'Arthit's porch."

"Why were you there?"

"Uhh... I was at Kongpob's room, and P'Arthit's room is just across the other building."

Tutah holds his cheeks with his two hands. "Oh! This is like Romeo and Juliet!"

"It's not," Prem butts in. "Romeo was not on another porch. Also, both of them die in the end."

"They died?" Tutah is clueless.

"Yes," Prem answers him.

"Okay. Forget what I said."

"So how long is the kiss? Aww!" Knot punches Bright's shoulder for asking too many questions.

"How about you, Wad?" Knot calls the attention of the quiet person at the corner of the room.

"Uhm. I live two doors away from P'Arthit's room, and I always see Kongpob coming out from it late at night."

"Me too." Prem's tongue slips.

Knot eyes him suspiciously. "Prem, you didn't tell me how you saw Kongpob coming out of Arthit's room. You live far from Arthit's dorm."

Wad wants to kill his boyfriend right now.

It took several seconds for Prem to speak again. "I was going to see Arthit that night. I... I can't remember why," he says scratching his head.

Knot buys the reason. He uncrosses his legs as he faces everyone.. "Okay. We all know Arthit and 0062 are dating, and I'm sure you know why they are not telling it to us."

Everybody nods.

"You all accept them. Am I right?" He crosses his arms, voice turning more to what he uses while hazing.

"Yes, P'Knot," the juniors respond while his friends just nod.

"Good. Now, we need them to trust us. I know they're also finding it hard to hide it, so we need to not fear us. But I don't want anyone of you to force them to come out, like what this one–" Knot grabs Bright by the ear. "–tries to do."

"Aw! I already said I'm sorry! Besides, I didn't do it directly," Bright appeals.

"Shut up! You were trying to make Arthit jealous of Prae."

"Me?" Praepailin doesn't know anything.

"Nong Prae, we saw Kongpob carrying you on his back, and Arthit saw you too. He was very jealous that he walked out on us," Prem explains.

"Aw. Maybe that's why Kongpob looks dejected the whole day. I asked him why, but he didn't answer. He just kept looking at his phone." Em adds.

"Oh no." Praepailin covers her mouth. She suddenly feels guilty and afraid of what Arthit might do to her.

"Hey, Nong. Don't worry. It's not your fault. We know 0062 is really like that and he would carry anyone given the situation," Prem tries to reassure her.

"Ohhh... he'll carry anyone?" Tutah interrupts. "I suddenly have an idea."

"Don't even think about it, Tutah." Knot butts in. And the juniors laugh.

He continues his message, using his hazer voice once more. "So yes, they are kind of not in good terms right now because of what Arthit saw, so I need to help him with that first." He is unsure how, though.

"I'll try to talk to him. Once they fix their problem, sooner or later, I think they will eventually tell us. So for the meantime, avoid giving them troubles, and just keep our secret. Also, in little ways, try to show them that you are open-minded friends that will be with them no matter what."

"Yes, P'Knot."

"All right." He claps his hands. "Let's leave the room one by one. Prem and Bright, you go first. Prem, text me if they're not around."

"Copy, boss."

Before they leave, Knot pulls Bright's arm. "I'm serious, Bright, you need to behave."

Bright nods. However, in his mind, he's sure they can do more to help Arthit and Kongpob.

 

 

~

The next day, the seniors go on to their day as if no meeting happened. After their first class, they head towards the cafeteria to take their lunch.

As they approach the area, Knot spots Kongpob and his friends at one of the tables. He's suddenly unsure if going to the cafeteria is the right choice.

Then, he sees Praepailin approaching Kongpob. Now, he's very sure that going to the cafeteria is a bad idea. He looks at Arthit, and  it's obvious he's in discomfort.

Bright leads the way and goes straight to their juniors.

"Em, you dork, are you done eating?" Bright starts his show.

"Yes, P'," Em answers.

"Then, hurry up and move. N'Prae wants to take the seat."

Knot wants to pull him out of there, but that would just make a scene.

"And N'Prae..." Bright continues. "... have you eaten yet? If no, do tell me. I'll go and buy food for you. Okay?"

Prem looks at Knot and whispers, "Do you want me to drag him away?"

Knot tries to stay calm, but what his friend is doing is surely not doing them any good.

It just makes Arthit more jealous. He knows he agreed to behave, but he has his own way of solving things. And this, this is his way. With Kongpob, the hero, here, he's sure he'll protect Praepailin if he flirts with her. And with Arthit seeing all of it, he's sure his jealousy will explode, which will push him to admit everything. In his mind, it's a bright plan. But really, it is just a Bright plan.

"Well, I..." Praepailin doesn't know how to respond. This wasn't a part of their meeting.

"Em, don't give me that look," Bright says. But it's not just M who's giving him that look. "Two boxes of chocolate. Do you want me to reduce it to one?"

"Uhh..."

Bright really likes to make fun of this junior, but he'll reserve it for another day since he has other things in mind now.

"N'Prae, eat with me."

"Prae is reserving the table for her friends to join," Kongpob is the one who answers for his friend. "If you want to sit here, I'm afraid there's not enough room for you all."

Bingo. He took the bait.

Arthit scowls and gives Kongpob a look, but the latter doesn't see it.

"Oh. You're being possessive of her? Is there something between you two?" Bright mockingly asks before peeking at Arthit's face.

Knot's eyes widen. Prem heavily regrets he didn't drag Bright away earlier.

"You're not okay if I sit with her?" Bright continues. "Okay, it's fine. We can find another table." He feels accomplished.

Bright, again, leads the way. He knows what he did will earn him a sermon from three of his friends, so instead of sitting with them, he runs away to who knows where.

Arthit, moving forward last, side-eyes Kongpob as he passes by him.

"P'Arthit," Kongpob calls his name, grabbing his arm.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Arthit shouts too loudly.

Kongpob takes a step back because of his shock. Everyone at the table is shaking in fear.

"You dropped your pen," Kongpob says as he hands him the said pen. Arthit snatches it from his hand and walks away.

It's been two days since their last interaction, and what Kongpob received from him is a lashing out. He starts to get teary, confused as to why Arthit is behaving this way.

 

Prae, Tew, and Em can't do anything but share a worried look. 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 14: A Different Gift

Chapter Text

 

 

0062

Kongpob

Kong

Darling

 

Those are the names Arthit uses to address Kongpob depending on his mood, from annoyance to overwhelming affection, the last one getting more and more infrequent.

Today, Arthit calls him 0062, not that he calls him that now on his face because he doesn't want to see him today anyway. He only mutters it on his own.

So what if 0062 carried Praepailin? Maybe she's just hurt.

Why ?   Was  there no one else  there  to help her?

For sure, 0062 volunteered himself because it's another chance to be a hero to a pretty girl.

And acting like his boyfriend? Really?

He hasn't met nor called Kongpob since the cafeteria incident. Kongpob tried to call him several times, but Arthit ignored them all. When Kongpob texts, he only responds with short answers. It's been days, but his jealousy restrains him from missing his boyfriend.  

He thought he got over the jealousy he felt that day at the mall, but he could never be more wrong. He and Kongpob developed more during the short time they're together that now, he wants Kongpob all to himself, not that he fully realizes it. His mind, for some reason, morphs it into the idea that Kongpob will be better if he's not with him, that he needs to let him go. Arthit logic. 

"Hello! Earth to Arthit!" Knot waves his hand at Arthit's face.

Arthit is deep in his thoughts that he forgets he's not alone. Knot went straight from the gym to Arthit's room so they can go to the university together.

"You know you can talk to me if you have a problem, right?" That's all Knot chooses to say.

"Don't worry, Knot. I'm just still sleepy." He forces a smile and goes back to preparing his things.

Knot, seeing everything that day, knows what's up with his friend, but he can't help until Arthit tells everything to him.

Many times, Knot thought about telling Arthit that he knows everything, but he knows it's important for Arthit to do it himself. Coming out is his thing, and Knot doesn't want to take it from him.

 

 

~

"Ai'Oak, what are those?" Em loudly asks.

Waving different colors of face towels, Oak responds, "They're my gift to the seniors."

Em and Tew laugh hysterically at their friend's obvious lack of creativity as Kongpob shakes his head. They are in the mall to buy gifts for the Thank You party. Em forced Kongpob to come even though he initially declined. They need their friend to get out of his room since he's been alone and quiet these past few days. Kongpob has been helping him for years now, so he's trying to do his best to return the favor and be a good friend.

"How about you, Kong, what will you buy for our seniors?" Tew asks.

Kongpob looks at his basket. "I'll buy perfume for my direct line seniors." Tew and Em look at the basket, and the bottles of perfume don't look cheap. "I also plan to buy chocolates for the hazer team. P'Bright seems to like them anyway."

Tew nods. "I think I'm going to buy some snacks for the hazers as well. Do you know what they want?"

Kongpob starts to think. His conversations with Arthit already informed him of what his friends like to eat: Knot and Prem like potato chips, Tutah likes gummy worms, and Bright loves chocolates. However, he chooses not to spill the information since there's no way he could explain how he knew all of them.

Feeling his friend's discomfort, Em answers for him. "I'm sure they'll eat anything." Kongpob forces a smile.

"Okay. So let's pay for this stuff so we can move to the grocery store next," Tew says.

"Oak, are you sure you will buy them those? They might use it to strangle your neck," Em jokes, trying to lighten up the mood to cheer up Kongpob.

In the grocery store, the friends go their ways searching for snacks they think their seniors want. Kongpob goes to the chocolates aisle and picks five large bars.

It's been days since he and Arthit have a proper talk, and he's unsure why his boyfriend is avoiding him. He tried reaching out to him, but all he got are short text replies. Somehow, he thinks Arthit changed his mind about their relationship; maybe, being with a guy and hiding what they have are not really his thing.

He starts to tear up thinking about the worst situation that could happen that he had to turn around so that no one would see his eyes. He takes a deep breath and composes himself. He needs to let Arthit know how much he means to him. Maybe then, Arthit will realize that there's nothing to worry about.

He goes back to the shelf where he got the chocolates, and he returns one bar to it. To the leader of the hazer team, he plans to give a different gift.

 

 

~

On their way home, Em asks Kongpob to walk with him. He uses the excuse of "I miss my best friend," so Kongpob agrees.

"Kong, I know you don't always ask for help, but..." Em says, awkwardly. "... if you need something, you know... err... I'm always here." At least, Em tries.

Kongpob gives him a questioning look. This is not like the Em he knows.

"Stop giving me that look, Kong. I know you have a problem. I'm just... you know... even if my advice can be dumb, I can still listen."

They are silent for a while. Kongpob thinks about coming out to Em. He's his best friend after all, and for sure, he'll understand, unaware that Em already understands.

However, he hasn't consulted Arthit yet, and they agreed to do it when both of them are ready. Even during this time that Arthit isn't talking to him, Kongpob always keeps him in mind.

"Thank you, Em. But I'm okay. I think I'm just tired."

Em looks down. Somehow, he thinks it's his fault that he looks like he won't accept Kongpob. However, this issue is not about him, so he looks back at his friend and nods.

When they get to Kongpob's room, Em sees how Kongpob immediately stares at the window. Even though he's not involved, he feels bad for his best friend.

He lies down on Kongpob's bed and puts his arms at the back of his head. Knot's voice during their meeting enters his head. Suddenly, he remembers something and thinks of an idea.

"Kong, have you met Prae's girlfriend?"

Kongpob takes his stare away from the balcony outside. He's curious why Em is suddenly asking about Prae's girlfriend. "No, why?"

"I met her last week. I saw her and Prae when I was going to class. Prae introduced me to her."

Kongpob just nods.

"She's very pretty. And they look so happy. I'm glad Praepailin found someone that loves her the same way she loves her."

Kongpob just looks at him. He's right about his best friend, and he can't help but form a smile on his face.

Em takes it as a sign of success.

He goes home without Kongpob opening up to him, but he's sure he's made a good impression. Maybe someday, it will happen.

After Em leaves, Kongpob fixes the things he bought from the mall and tidies his room a bit. Taking the chocolate bars off the bag, he remembers that he needs to do something. Even though Arthit and him are not in good terms right now, he needs to give him a gift, so a gift he will make.

Hurriedly, he sits on his study chair and brings out a piece of paper from his drawer. After a minute of reflection, he starts writing:

 

P'Arthit krup,

I once told you that I wanted you to write me a love letter. But today, let me be the first to write one to you...

  



  

 

Chapter 15: You Are the Person I Feel Special with the Most...

Chapter Text

 

The class collectively groans when the professor asks them to complete a field study by the end of the week. All of the third years, especially Bright, were looking forward to the Thank You Party this coming weekend, but now, they need to visit small out-of-town factories, unsure if they can come to the party on time.

"How will I claim the chocolates my lovely juniors would give me?" Bright whines while leaving the classroom.

 

~

I will be in Amphawa today. i don't think i will be there at the party.

Kongpob reads the message with a serious face. A few more days have passed, but he and Arthit still don't have a proper talk. But still, out of duty, Arthit texted him that he'll be out of town.

Now, Kongpob's unsure if he still wants to go to the party. The party is supposed to celebrate and thank the seniors who helped them during their freshman year, and Kongpob sees no point of going if the senior that he's most thankful for won't be there.

 

~

"Bright, I'll drive on our way to Amphawa, but going back, you'll drive," Knot says.

Bright can't say no. He has already done so much ruining these past days that he can't decline anything that Knot tells him to do just to appease him.

"He's here," Prem uses his lips to point at Arthit, who's moving slowly down the stairs, face expectedly frowning.

Knot shakes his head. He doesn't want to see his friend like this. Prem squeezes Arthit's shoulder, offering moral support. While Prem doesn't understand the full extent of Arthit's emotions, he understands the difficulty of hiding a relationship. Arthit gives him a questioning look.

"Where's Tutah?" Arthit asks.

"He's a part of the party's planning committee, and he'll also host it," Knot answers, "so I allowed him to skip the trip. He gave our group funds anyway."

"How much?" Bright asks.

"Shut up."

And Bright does so.

"How about you, Arthit? Do you really wanna go?" Knot asks.

"Why wouldn't I wanna go?"

Knot, Prem, and Bright look at each other. "Nothing," Knot says. "I just thought you may want to go to the party or something. Maybe... talk to someone."

"Huh? No. I really wanna go. We are less one person, so I want to help," Arthit says sincerely.

With the other three reluctantly nodding, the friends ride the car and go on to their long trip.

With Bright restraining himself from angering Knot, Arthit not in a good mood, and Knot and Prem worrying about Arthit, the ride is uncharacteristically quiet. After an hour and a half of driving, they reach their destination, and they immediately get to work. To get the job done faster, they decided to split, Prem and Bright will take two factories, and Knot and Arthit will take another two. With this plan, they hope they can finish in time so that they can have a chance to attend the party in the evening.

Observing small factories and surveying personnel, Arthit forgets about his turmoil for a moment. Knot is impressed. When it comes to work, Arthit never really lets anything to get in his way.

The two finish their observations earlier than expected, so they decide to stroll around. They find a market that has stalls that sell keychains, phone accessories, and other things that they can give to their juniors. What a coincidence. Finishing early already gave them hope, and now they are in a place where they can buy gifts. Maybe they can attend after all.

With them alone, Knot tries his luck in getting into Arthit's mind again.

"Hey, Arthit, cat's got your tongue? Or you have a fight with someone?" Knot feels stupid asking the question.

"What? I don't have a fight with someone," Arthit defends. "I know you're all worried about me, but it's really nothing."

Hopeful that their two friends finish on time, they continue buying stuff for their juniors. With his mind out of his head, Arthit bumps on a man.

"Sorry," Arthit said.

The man nods, and another man beside him holds his hand. "Let's go, babe."

Arthit looks at the two men holding hands walking away. Back then, he was dreaming of doing that with Kongpob, living freely, not caring what others would say.

Knot puts his hand on Arthit's shoulder, which startles him, "I'm glad they can do that now." Arthit looks at him, curious whom Knot is referring to. He follows where Knot is looking at, and he finds the two guys with joined hands now farther from them. Knot looks at his friend and gives him a reassuring smile. But Arthit doesn't know how to react.

Knot leads Arthit to a coffee shop where both of them can rest.

"Where's Prem and Bright?" Arthit asks.

"They said they're still working on their observations."

One can't paint Arthit's face. It's like he wants them to finish early so that they can go, but he's also not ready to see Kongpob.

"Arthit," Knot starts again. "If anything is bugging your mind, you can share it with me." He's not changing his strategy, but he hopes his friend will open up this time.

Arthit gives him an apologetic look. He's sure Knot sincerely wants to help, but he's not letting him. He also feels bad that he is keeping a secret from him, a secret that's not supposed to be a secret to Knot since he's his best friend.

What if I tell Knot?

Now, he also thinks about Kongpob, if it will be fine with him if he tells Knot about them. Knowing Kongpob, he would be happy if Arthit tells one of his friends about their relationship. He's fine with Namtan and Joy knowing about them after all. Hearing Knot's words about the couple they saw earlier also convinces him that Knot is a good person, not that he doesn't know that yet.

With the thought, Arthit takes a deep breath and finally decides to do the brave thing.

"If I tell you, promise me that you won't laugh at me."

Finally.

Arthit bites his cheek. "First, I'm sorry if haven't told you much earlier." Knot intently listens. "I didn't... we didn't know how to bring it up..."

Knot waits for him to continue.

"I'm dating someone... I'm dating Kongpob... 0062."

"I know who Kongpob is, Arthit." Knot answers.

Arthit forces a laugh. "I hope you're... okay with that... and with me being... you know... liking men.

"Why would I not be okay with that?"

"I... I don't know. Sorry, if I didn't trust you."

"Hey, it's okay. I understand. Finally, you opened up to me."

Arthit is silent for a while. Then, it hits him.

"What do you mean 'finally?' You knew?"

Knot gives him a soft chuckle. "Contrary to what you think, you and Kongpob are bad at hiding it."

Arthit's face reddens. "R–really? How did you know?"

"Hey, hey, let's talk about that later. So what's up with you and Kongpob? Did you fight? Is it because of Praepailin?"

Arthit's mind starts to freeze. His best friend knows all along, so other people might have knowledge of his relationship with Kongpob as well. He's curious, but he's afraid of the answer if he would ask.

But seeing Knot's reaction to his confession, Arthit's sure he's fine with his relationship with Kongpob. Arthit should've come out to him and asked for advice much earlier. It could've avoided him some sleepless nights.

"Knot, I have tried not to think much. But there are a lot of boundaries in relationships like Kongpob and I have. Be it our families or our society... what if we want to have kids?"

Knot's eyes widen at the thought of his friend already thinking about having kids. Arthit must be really serious with Kongpob, he figures.

"In the end..." Arthit continues. "... the relationship between us might come to an end after all. And if it has to come to that, why don't I let him be with someone who is better and can be more accepted than me?

Look at Praepailin. When they are together, they look perfect for each other, much more than him with me."

While he understands Arthit's fears, Knot can't take Arthit's logic anymore. "Do you regret to be with him?"

"No... it's not that. I'm just afraid he will regret being with me."

"Have you asked him that yet?"

Arthit looks away and stays quiet.

"So you haven't asked him yet. Do you even talk to him?"

"I haven't... for days now."

Knot shakes his head. "Are you a mind reader? How come you know what he thinks?"

"I–it's not that... I just worry about his future."

"You choose to worry about the future that you don't see... over the person who is right in front of you now?"

Arthit, again, doesn't have an answer.

"And another thing... You get annoyed when you see him with someone else. It means... it means you are getting jealous."

"Hey, Knot!" Arthit punches his shoulder. "I'm not getting jealous!"

"Fine. Fine. Whatever." Knot rolls his eyes. "But if anything is bugging your mind, you should tell him directly. I saw Kongpob a few times this week, and he looks really dejected. Being left in the dark is difficult, Arthit."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about Kongpob. What do you think he feels now that you stopped talking to him all of a sudden without letting him know your problem?"

Feeling guilty, Arthit puts his gaze on the table. Reflecting on his conversation with Knot, he finally clears his mind. He wants Kongpob. He's the one that makes him feel special. His feelings these past few days... they're not because of the guilt of holding Kongpob back like what he thought. It's because he's afraid of their future. He thinks he might lose Kongpob, and he doesn't want that to happen. It's just now that he realizes it might happen sooner if he keeps on pushing Kongpob away. He needs to talk to Kongpob as soon as possible.

"Knot, do you think we can go now?"

Knot feels victorious. The eagerness in Arthit's voice speaks volumes that he wants to fix his relationship as soon as possible. "I'm going to text Prem."

"Thank you, Knot. And also, thank you... for accepting me. I hope nothing would change."

"Hey, you don't have to thank me. Accepting who my friend is the bare minimum. But, after you fix your thing with Kongpob, you have to talk with me over a bottle of beer. I need to know the details. When I found out about you two, I was surprised."

Arthit nods. He's feeling a new kind of joy right now. Coming out to his best friend removed a heavy burden from him. "But you still haven't told me how you knew."

"Oh... remember that day you left me in your room?"

"Uh... yes." Arthit remembers vividly. It's the day he carried Kongpob on his back.

"I kind of... followed you."

"Knot!"

"I was curious about your girlfriend, okay!"

"He's not a girlfriend... that's why."

Their conversation gets interrupted when Knot's phone dings. It's Prem telling them they're done. Knot looks at the time, and it looks like they still have a chance to get to the party.

"It's Prem. He says they're heading back here. If we hurry, we can still get to the party."

"Let's go." Arthit immediately stands up and storms towards the parking space. Knot looks at his friend, amused. Arthit is so whipped at Kongpob; he just won't admit it.

They wait for Prem and Bright by the car for a few minutes. When they come, Arthit hurriedly gets on the front seat. Knot takes this chance to pull Bright at the side.

"Here's the key. Drive fastly. Arthit already told everything to me. He plans to talk to Kongpob tonight, so do what I say so that you can redeem yourself," Knot whispers.

"Really? He already–"

"Shut it! He still doesn't know that you know. Wait for your turn. Now, get into the car, and drive us back to Bangkok."

Bright agrees and takes the key. Prem knowingly looks at them. Thanks to Knot's texts about the development, he's already updated about the situation.

All three hop into the car, ready to deliver their prince to his prince.

 

 

Chapter 16: ...And You Are the Only Person That I Love

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

"Bright, can't you drive faster?"

"Ai'Arthit, we're already almost above the speed limit!"

"Don't worry, Arthit. We will get there on time," Knot reassures him.

Arthit has thought about coming out to Bright and Prem while in the car, like what he did with Knot. However, his mind is too occupied right now with the thought of being at the party, and he can't muster up the same courage he showed earlier. He doesn't even notice that his two friends aren't curious about why he's in a hurry and is forcing Bright to drive faster.

Arthit just relaxes when they reach Bangkok. He looks at his watch, and they still have time for a little stop. Bright is about to turn to their university's street when Arthit asks him to halt:

"Bright, wait!"

And just like that, Bright stops the car.

"Can you drive straight to my dorm? I just need to get something real quick," Arthit says in an urgent tone.

Bright looks at Knot in the rearview mirror. The latter gives him a nod, so he resumes driving straight.

"Thanks, Bright," Arthit says.

"Just make sure I get to be there on time for my chocolates."

"I'll give you more if you want, just drive faster."

They pull up in front of Arthit's dorm. "Give me three minutes," he says. Without waiting for his friends' response, he storms inside and climbs up to his floor. Opening his door in no time, he goes straight to his bedside drawer and grabs what he needs.

His gifts for his juniors might be in the car with his other things, but the one for the most important person was left in this drawer. He pockets the bracelets he bought that day when he was alone in the mall. Then, he goes out of his room and hurriedly jogs back to Knot's car.

"The flash," Prem comments when Arthit opened the door. "What did you get?"

Arthit tried to think of a lie, but no. Today, he decided there would be no more lies.

"Just a gift for someone."


 

~

The Thank You Party is a yearly event held by the Engineering faculty every last Saturday of January. Because of the SOTUS system, its seniors and juniors have a close relationship, and the party is a way to celebrate it.

This year, it's being held on their building's rooftop, which is now decorated with colorful lights. The place is already filled with students, all dressed in bright colors.

Tutah is talking on the stage when Kongpob and Em arrive. They are greeted by Tew and Praepailin who lead them to their other friends.

Tew elbows Em and whispers, "How is he?"

After Em shakes his head, they step on the side so Kongpob won't hear them. "He only came with me because I forced him to," Em answers.

"P'Knot said this morning that they might not make it," Tew says.

"How did he tell you?"

"Uhh... he texted me."

"And you have his number, how?"

"I... got it after our meeting."

Em gives his friend a suspicious look, and Tew returns it with an awkward smile.

"Oh. Here. He texted again," Tew says. "They're now on their way here, and oh! P'Arthit already told him everything."

"Really? That's good!"

"He tells us not to tell Kongpob that they're coming so he would be surprised."

"Okay. Let's just keep him entertained before he decides to go home." They both look at Kongpob, who is actually contemplating of going home.

Em steps toward Kongpob and puts his arm over his shoulders. "Let's go get some drinks!" With nothing else to do, Kongpob follows his lead absentmindedly.

The night goes on cheerfully. The juniors start giving their gifts to their direct line and favorite seniors, and the seniors do the same. With the DJ playing pop music, people start dancing. In the middle of everyone, Kongpob starts to feel out of place. Em's plan to entertain him waned early.

He should give the last gift he's holding before heading home. Kongpob tries to find Ple, his second-year direct line senior, and he spots her in the middle of the crowd.

"P'Ple, thank you for always guiding me." Kongpob hands her the last small box he has. "I hope you'd like it."

"Thanks, Kongpob." Ple gives him a sweet smile, as always.

Kongpob is about to say goodbye, but Arthit's direct line junior, whom he doesn't remember the name of, walks towards them. "Hi, Kongpob, P'Ple."

"Oh," Ple says. "Where's P'Arthit?"

Hearing his name makes Kongpob's straight face frown.

"He called and said he's working on an assignment out of town, so he couldn't make it here," Arthit's direct line junior answers. Kongpob already knows this, but still, he's hoping for a different answer. He thinks about excusing himself when Ple reacts in glee:

"Oh, here he is!"

Who's he?

Kongpob turns around and sees Arthit and his friends walking towards them. His lips form a smile, but he takes it back when he realizes he and Arthit are not on speaking terms.

The arrival of the hazing team catches everyone's attention that Tutah gets off the stage to greet his friends. "Oy! Didn't you say you wouldn't be here tonight? Why are you here?"

Bright parts everyone and comes to the front. "We thought we couldn't make it. But Arthit kept rushing me, so I drove super fast!" There's a different excitement in Bright's face that Tutah doesn't recognize. They need to talk about it later.

"I see," Tutah says. "Do you want to get your gifts that bad, Arthit?"

"Shut up. I'm actually here to give my juniors these gifts." Arthit takes a small item from his paper bag, a phone accessory, and gives it to his direct line junior. "Here you are," he says. He takes another to give to Ple. "Here you are," and he takes another to give to Kongpob. "Take this."

After days of silence, Kongpob finally hears a word from him. He's curious about what happened, but whatever it is, he's thankful. "Thank you," he says.

Arthit doesn't reply and continues joking with his friends. His talk to Kongpob has to wait until the two of them are alone. However, Kongpob can't wait anymore. Arthit might not talk to him again, so he has to give his gift right now. That's why when Arthit excuses himself, Kongpob stops him.

"Hold on, P'Arthit."

Arthit's friends notice that the two are about to have their much-needed talk, so they silently step aside to give the two their moment.

"What is it?" Arthit asks Kongpob.

"I have something for you." Kongpob hands him a white envelope. Please take it. Please take it.

And Arthit does.

Kongpob feels like a winner while Arthit is opening the envelope. Inside is the yellow paper he poured all his feelings into a few nights ago. He doesn't know how Arthit will react, but he has to tell him everything.

Knowing how cheesy Kongpob is, Arthit already knows what the paper he's holding is. Kongpob even made him write a letter for Tum before, so it's just a matter of time for him to receive one. He's thinking of saving it for later, but Kongpob's enthusiastic face tells him to read it now, so he has no choice but to open it right at the moment.

P'Arthit krup,

I once told you that I wanted you to write me a love letter. But today, let me be the first to write one to you. I hope you don't mind me doing this at will. Honestly, I have so many things to tell you. But I know I may not be able to put them all in this letter. And I don't really know what words to use to express my feelings as there are no words that could reflect the grateful feelings in my heart.

I would like to thank you for your kindness. You have been taking care of me and doing a lot of things for me. I want to thank you for your smiles and laughs, which could turn my ordinary days to ones that are so special.

And I want to thank you for allowing me to love you. Every time we are close to each other, do you know how happy I am? I may be stupid, I may like to tease you, I may be so disobedient and self-absorbed that make you tired of me, so I won't ask you to love me as I do. No matter what happens or changes, to me, the only thing that matters is you, P'Arthit.

You are my only sun. And I promise you will always be that to me.

Reading the letter floods Arthit with emotions. Just like that day when every junior in Kongpob's batch bowed to him, he feels appreciated; that's the main one. Then, he feels guilty. His boyfriend suffered a lot only because of his insecurity and childishness. Yet, he feels happy, for Kongpob didn't let go despite him almost ruining their relationship. He can't help but smile, and Kongpob feels proud that his gift brought it.

"Thanks," Arthit says. "Actually, I also have something for you..."

Kongpob's eyes lit up. His boyfriend is really not mad at him anymore.

"...but give me your hand first."

Kongpob reluctantly gives his right hand, but it's not the one Arthit needs. "No, the other one." Arthit grabs his other hand and quickly unties the white thread before Kongpob can protest. Then, he takes out the bracelet he bought for Kongpob and gently ties it on the bare wrist.

"Here," Arthit hands him another bracelet. "Tie for me too."

With his heart still full from Arthit putting the bracelet on him, Kongpob obeys and puts Arthit's.

Witnessing all of this, Arthit's friends feel proud of him. Gradually, Arthit is starting to show their relationship. However, as always, Bright has a different plan. Gradual is too slow for him. He steps towards the couple and fakes a cough. Realizing what Bright's about to do again, Knot wants to drag him away, but he's too far from him. And Bright already starts to talk:

"You two wear the same thing. Uh, may I ask..."

Prem elbows Knot to do something.

"...are you two are dating?"

Knot's eyes widen, and Prem is ready to drag him out. They check Arthit, but he doesn't feel bothered, not at all. Arthit's talk with Knot made him realize a lot of things, and one of them is that he should trust his friends.

"We—" Kongpob starts to think of a reason, but Arthit speaks before him.

"So what? Why?" Arthit grabs Kongpob by the shoulder and moves him closer. 

"Yes, we are dating."

Arthit's announcement is too loud that almost everyone at the party hears him. It was quiet for a second, but loud cheers thunder right after.

Arthit's friends' jaws drop, except for Bright, who is wearing a smug face, proud that his strategy finally yielded positive results. They join the cheers, not because of the announced secret, which doesn't shock them, but because of the bravery their friend showed. Em, Wad, Praepailin, Tew, and May join them, all jumping, and they give each other high fives.

Kongpob's eyes get teary, and he can't stop smiling. Telling their friends is more than enough for him, but Arthit went way above that. Now, almost the whole Engineering faculty knows about them. He looks at Arthit's face, who is now realizing what he just did, turning red all over. Arthit initially planned to talk to his friends one by one and tell them about his relationship with Kongpob, but he just announced it to everyone. It's actually easier, though, since he doesn't have to repeat himself over and over.

He knows everything will change starting from here, but with Kongpob and his friends beside him, he doesn't care.

The party, for that reason, goes livelier. Tutah, with a very happy grin, goes up the stage and announces that the games will start. As everything happens, Arthit doesn't leave Kongpob's side, which the latter likes a lot. He apologizes for his insecurities and promises Kongpob he won't push him away again.

Together, they eat up the party scene with huge smiles on their faces.

 

 

"0062, can I borrow Arthit for a while?" Kongpob looks at the owner of the voice, Prem.

"Prem, you don't have to ask him if you want to talk to—"

"He's your boyfriend, Arthit," Prem interrupts him.

Kongpob nods to Prem, proud that Arthit's friends already acknowledge him as his boyfriend. Prem takes it as a signal to drag Arthit to the side, away from the crowd. Arthit doesn't know where this is going.

"You really surprised me, you know?" Prem says.

Arthit's confused. He thought Prem is one of the people who already know. "What made you surprised?"

"Uh... Actually, I already know about you. But what surprised me is what you did... I mean... not everyone will do that." Arthit has no idea, but Prem refers to himself.

Not knowing how to respond, Arthit nods and drinks from his cup. Prem holds Arthit on the shoulder, thinking if he should tell him about his relationship with Wad. He looks around and spots his boyfriend talking with Praepailin. For some reason he doesn't know, Wad meets his eyes. And as if Wad knows what Prem is about to do, he shakes his head, telling Prem not to proceed with it.

Arthit waits for something that Prem would say, but it doesn't come out of his mouth. After seconds of awkward staring between the two, Prem returns Arthit to Kongpob, and Prem goes back to his friends, who are now grouped with Kongpob's friends.

"You knew it all along? Why didn't you tell me?" Oak protests.

"It's not our secret to tell," Em says.

"He's right, Oak. They're just being good friends. And if it were you who knew first, for sure, the secret had already spilled a long time ago," Maprang tells him, hitting his head.

"Hey, hey," Bright calls everyone's attention and points at the other side of the rooftop. It's Arthit leading Kongpob to a secluded bench.

"Finally, they're now talking again," Knot says.

"Looks like we did a good job," Bright says. Shifting the heavy bag full of chocolates, none of which are given to him voluntarily, he offers Knot a high five. Knot contemplates, thinking that Bright's latest stunt was not really the smartest and could've ended badly. Good thing it went okay, so he gives it to his friend and raises his hand for him.

"Just so you know, I'm waiting for the kiss to happen," Tutah says. Everyone looks at the couple, who seems like having their own world once again.



 

"Kongpob, do you remember that I still have a favor to ask from you?" Arthit asks. They decided to rest at the corner of the area, away from their group, surrounded by colorful fairy lights.

"Yes, I do remember. What do you want to ask from me?"

Arthit puts his gaze on the floor. "To be honest, I don't know what will happen to us in the future.

But I want to ask you to know that at this very moment, at this very minute...

You are the person I feel special with the most.

And... you are the only person that I love."

Arthit hopes his confession would make Kongpob's worries go away, those worries caused by him.

"I know," Kongpob responds.

This proud brat.

"P'Arthit, I also want you to know..." Kongpob looks at him in the eyes. "I love you."

Arthit feels his cheeks heating up. It's been days since he heard telling him that. He missed it, him, so much. Kongpob starts to lean forward for a kiss. Hesitation isn't even considered. They are in a public place, but tonight, just like that night on the bridge, Arthit doesn't care. Tonight, he'll give everything Kongpob wants. He leans forward, meeting Kongpob halfway through. Under the stars, lit by the party lights, they share a kiss.

And it doesn't escape their friends' eyes.

Praepailin holds May's arm, keeping herself from squealing. Tutah fails and lets out a soft but high-pitched screech. Tew's eyes light up, and Knot fakes a cough. "Let's look the other way."

"I'm enjoying this, actually," Prem says as he snaps a picture of the couple.

"P'Prem!" Wad calls his attention. "What's that for?!"

"Don't worry. I will give it to them as a gift."

In the middle of the viewing, Tutah site before Knot and whispers, "One down."

Knot just smiles.

"Now, when do you think Prem and Wad will tell us?" Tutah whispers.

Knot looks at the two. "We'll have to wait for that. 
  
  
  
But it should be easier now, right?"




 

 

Notes:

that's it! i hope you enjoyed the story. this is the end of FWF, but there's an epilogue :)

Chapter 17: Epilogue: Valentine's and Friends

Chapter Text

 

 



"I'll have a haircut," says Arthit to the receptionist.

"Me too," Kongpob adds.

They are in the salon they went to the first time they went out together. Flashbacks of Kongpob's flirting flood Arthit's mind.

"Is it bad?"

"It's bad."

"It is?"

"It is bad for my heart."

Back then, he didn't believe Kongpob was flirting with him. He just thought it's Kongpob being his annoying self. But now, he smiles upon the realization that what Kongpob said before was not just senseless teasing.

They are led to barber chairs and asked to wait for the hairdressers that will attend them. Arthit stares at himself in the mirror. His hair has gone really uncomfortably long now. It also makes him look much older, which bothers him a lot. Looking good for the date he's planning for him and Kongpob is his top priority right now.

On the chair beside him, Kongpob is busy with his phone. Arthit's heart flutters when he sees Kongpob pouting whenever he's using his phone. He looks so stupid.

"Nong! You're here again!" It's the haircutter Arthit is familiar with, the one who mistook him and Kongpob as boyfriends back then.

"Oh!" He notices Kongpob. "You're here too! Today, I'll cut your hair." He calls his colleague to attend Arthit and sets himself at Kongpob's back. "That Nong, he's my regular customer, do your best to make him look good. I will attend his handsome friend for now," he tells the other haircutter.

Kongpob is amused, and Arthit just shrugs. He doesn't really care who's going to cut his hair. His only concern is to look good on the 14th.

While his hair is being trimmed, Arthit thinks about his plan for their date. He's already saved enough money and booked a restaurant for February 14, at 7 PM. Arthit never imagined himself going to a Valentine's date, which he considers a capitalistic opportunity for businesses, but here he is, planning to surprise his boyfriend with one.

In the mirror, he moves his eyes sideways to look at Kongpob, who is still busy playing his phone. He wonders what keeps his boyfriend busy on his phone but stops thinking when he notices how the haircutter is all smiles cutting his boyfriend's hair, as if he's really enjoying the job.

With the haircutter choosing to attend Kongpob instead of him, it doesn't take long for Arthit to realize that the haircutter is fond of his boyfriend.

His haircut gets finished before Kongpob's. "Nong, you can wait for your friend in the lobby," the one who cut his hair speaks.

"It's okay. I'll wait for him here." The whole time, Arthit watches his former haircutter closely.

"You're done now, but I'll give you a free massage," the haircutter says to Kongpob.

Kongpob was about to go, but he rests his back again. He won't say no to a free massage.

The haircutter, who's now also a masseur, starts to massage Kongpob's shoulders when Arthit stands up and stops his hand. "I don't think it's necessary, we're in a hurry, and he's also ticklish, so he won't appreciate a massage."

Kongpob can't help but let out a small chuckle. Everything Arthit has said is true; they're supposed to meet Praepailin and Tew for lunch, and Arthit just discovered that he's ticklish. But Kongpob knows what is up with his boyfriend.

"You seem overprotective of him now, huh. I thought he's just your friend?" The haircutter teasingly asks.

"Uh yes, he was my friend back then..." Arthit answers.

"...but he's my boyfriend now, so..."

Kongpob is shocked at the admission but feels proud that Arthit can now easily say it.

"Oh really? I knew it! Haha! I'm so happy!" The haircutter exclaims.

Arthit gives him a questioning look, and Kongpob does the same in the mirror.

"I just have this talent of spotting would-be couples." He winks.

The boyfriends just give him an awkward smile. They are led back to the receptionist so they can pay.

On their way to meet his friends, who Arthit also considers now as his, Kongpob tries his luck. While walking, he puts his arm over Arthit's shoulder. Usually, Arthit would remove it at once, especially during when they were hiding their relationship, but now, he doesn't.

A smile forms on Kongpob's face. They can now easily admit their relationship, and he can show affection while in public. He hopes this will never change.

 

 

~

It's more like his second room now; that's how Kongpob describes his own room. He spends so much time in Arthit's room that he only sleeps in his own room once or thrice a week. He didn't plan to sleep in his own room tonight either; it's Saturday after all. However, he doesn't want his nosy boyfriend to have a peek at his phone and spoiling his surprise for him.

He's been on his phone all day, even in the salon, but still, he isn't able to reserve a restaurant for the date he plans for the 14th.

While Arthit doesn't change his choice of drink, Kongpob knows he likes to try other kinds of food and he likes them spicy. Thus, Kongpob really wants to have a reservation at this particular fancy restaurant that offers Thai, other Southeast Asian, and European cuisine. Its website also promises that the place will have a calm and romantic ambience on the 14th, so Kongpob's already sold.

However, all the 7 pm slots are already taken. There's a table available at 9 pm, and Kongpob needs to decide now if he's going to take it or if he has to choose another place to have their date at.

The thing is, Kongpob doesn't even know if his boyfriend would like to have a date on Valentine's day. He knows Arthit isn't really a conventional guy, but he wants to give his all to him. Closing his eyes, praying his boyfriend would appreciate it, he taps the "Reserve and Pay" button on his phone's screen. 

 

 

~

Kongpob opens his door, and his jaw drops at what he's looking at: Arthit in a black tux and blue shirt, brushed up hair, and leather shoes.

"P'..."

"I will kill you if you laugh," Arthit says, stepping into Kongpob's room.

Kongpob laughs at the threat. "I know you wouldn't, P'Arthit. You already love me too much."

"Shut up."

"So what's with the attire?"

"Uh..."

Kongpob is smiling on the outside, but he's feeling a mix of emotions inside. It looks like Arthit planned a date for them, which makes him feel giddy and all. However, he also planned a date for them, and they might overlap.

"Kong, I reserved a restaurant for us tonight. I know this is not like me..." Arthit touches the back of his own head, fixing his hair. "... but I'm asking you...uh... get dressed and come with me."

Arthit's sentence might be fragmented--it didn't even land as a question--but it still makes Kongpob happy... and nervous. He can't hide his worry now that Arthit recognizes something is wrong.

"Why, Kong? If you don't want to..."

"No, P'! I want to. I'd love to... but there might be a conflict."

Arthit narrows his eyes.

"I'm also supposed to take you on a date tonight, P'. I already reserved a restaurant."

"Huh? Really?"

Kongpob nods.

"I also already reserved a place," Arthit says.

Kongpob feels so loved right now. His boyfriend, whom he doesn't even expect to remember Valentine's day, planned a date for him. And judging by the look of Arthit's attire, it's like they going to a special place.

Kongpob wants to be on that date. However, he also wants to be on the date he arranged. It's a waste of money to cancel his reservation too. "Hmmm... what time is your reservation, P'Arthit?"

"7 pm."

"Okay. I think that's good. My reservation is at 9." We can go to the place you reserved first. Then, we go to mine."

"Uh... I guess."

"..."

"Let's just not eat a lot."

 

 

~

"So this is where you booked?" Kongpob asks while they're at the front of the restaurant.

"Yes." Arthit feels his face heating up. "I hope you like it, Kong."

"I-" Kongpob can't help but laugh.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I like it so much that I also booked our date here."

Arthit's brows furrow. "As in... here?"

"Yes, P'." He's still laughing.

Arthit slowly nods while taking a step towards the place. It will be a literal long night for them.

Kongpob follows him, and the receptionist greets them. Arthit shows her the confirmation of his reservation in his phone, and Kongpob does the same. The receptionist can't hide her smile as she realizes that the two guys in front of her reserved a table for each other.

The embarrassment makes Arthit think of going home, but it would upset Kongpob, so he fights himself and just avoids looking at the receptionist.

Kongpob, on the other hand, is busy trying to bring his hand closer to Arthit's. When they touch, Arthit swats his hand away and mouths "I'll kill you" to him.

Noted: arm over the shoulder is okay, but holding hands is still not.

The receptionist, of course, witnesses everything. She stands up with a wide smile and leads the couple inside.

The place is dimly lit by yellow lighting. A string quartet is playing slow music that sets the atmosphere. Each table also has red and white roses and candles, which make Arthit's eyes widen. He expected the place to be romantic, but not to the point of being candle-lit.

When they reach their table, Kongpob pulls Arthit's chair.

"You don't need to do that, Kong."

"But this is what men do during dates."

Arthit rolls his eyes, but then, he realizes something.

"Kongpob, wait!" He stops Kongpob before he even reaches his chair. Then, he stands up and goes around the table. He smiles at Kongpob and pulls the chair for him. "It's what men do during dates," Arthit says.

Arthit was sarcastic, but Kongpob still blushes. "Thank you, P'."

A waiter approaches them and gives them the menu. Arthit already reviewed the menu on the restaurant's website, partially because he wanted to make sure that his savings are enough, so he now knows what to get.

"Surgeonfish with spicy coconut cream sauce."

"I'll have the same but less spicy, please," says Kongpob.

"Kong, do you want wine?"

"I was about to ask you that, P'."

"This is my reservation, so I get to ask you. Now, answer."

"I'll get back at you after two hours, then."

The waiter looks at them curiously. This couple is different from the others he served for the night.

When the waiter leaves, Arthit looks around. He feels conscious, given that they are the only same-sex couple in the place, but he buries his worries later on.

Over their meal, they try to reminisce their past. They talk about their encounters during the hazing days, which make Arthit flustered and speechless the whole time.

Overall, if their going to stop here, their dinner goes well, and Arthit feels satisfied. As long as he spends the special night with Kongpob and makes him feel happy, which is obvious in his lover's smiles, he's happy as well.

After their dinner, the waiter serves them wine.

They still have plenty of time, but Kongpob thinks it's the best time to give his present. He fishes a box from his pocket, sending Arthit's heart racing in panic.

Don't tell me he'll give me a ring.

When Kongpob presents him a small blue box, Arthit swallows hard. Shit. It really is a ring.

"Happy Valentine's day, P'Arthit. I hope you'd like it."

Arthit swallows again before taking the box. He opens it but closes his eyes right after, so he doesn't see what's inside.

"P'?"

Arthit realizes that Kongpob might think he doesn't like the gift, so he opens his eyes and looks at the content of the box. Two small rings?

He looks at Kongpob. "Two small rings?"

"Rings? No, P'! Those are earrings!"

Arthit's mouth remains wide open. He takes a good look at Kongpob's gift to him, and it is a pair of silver earrings.

"I know you lost your earrings since you stopped wearing them, so I bought you a new pair."

"Thank you, Kong." Arthit feels relieved yet still shy.

"Wait, P'Arthit. Did you think I will give you a ring?"

Arthit's cheeks turn pink. "What? No!"

"Aw P'... I didn't know you already think about that."

"Kongpob!"

It's time for Kongpob to surrender and just laugh, but it's a special day, so he doesn't back out. "Have I told you you look hot when you wear an earring?"

Arthit's already pink cheeks now turn red. He blinks his eyes multiple times before coming back to his consciousness. He doesn't respond, so Kongpob talks again.

"Don't worry, P'. I'll give you a ring someday."

Arthit can't take it anymore, so he stepped on Kongpob's foot under the table.

"Aww!"

Kongpob's reaction catches the attention of the other people in the place. They apologize to those around them, and their waiter goes to their table, asking if everything is okay. They just told him that Kongpob twisted a muscle.

After the waiter leaves, Arthit gives Kongpob a look that the latter understands as "you need to behave." Kongpob finally gives up and takes a sip of his wine.

He already stopped teasing Arthit, but it's obvious that Arthit is still not at ease.

"P', what's wrong?"

"Uh..."

???

"I also have something for you."

Kongpob's eyes light up. Being on a fancy date that Arthit reserved on their first Valentine's is more than enough for him, but now, he'll receive more.

Arthit takes something from the inside pocket of his tux. He hesitates from bringing it out at first, but he still does. Kongpob's eyes widen more as Arthit hands him an envelope.

"You're giving me a love letter?"

"It's a card."

"You wrote it, and you're giving it to me on Valentine's day, so it's a love letter!" Kongpob can't hide his excitement.

Arthit can't hide his embarrassment. "Do you want me to step on your foot again?"

Kongpob shakes his head as he takes his gift. "Thank you so much, P'."

He's about to open the envelope when a commotion from outside catches the attention of everyone in the restaurant. A few minutes of silence and nothing happens. Maybe it's nothing, so everybody goes back to their business.

Kongpob starts opening the envelope and takes the red scented card inside. He's smelling the card, which looks funny to Arthit, when another noise from outside steals their moment once again. It's like people are arguing.

Everyone is silent, all trying to listen.

"I said we'll just wait!"

It's the first complete sentence they hear. Then, Arthit's eyes widen.

"I know that voice."

He stands up and storms towards the reception area. Kongpob follows him, keeping the letter he hasn't opened inside his pocket.

When Arthit reaches the front desk, two pairs of wide eyes greet him.

"Prem? Nong Wad?"

Prem's mouth falls while Wad tries to hide his face using his hand.

"What's happening here?" Kongpob says when he comes out. "Oh," he reacts when he realizes the situation. He looks at Arthit, who also looks at him. "Ohhhhhhhh..."

"You two need to shut up with your reactions," Prem says.

"Sir, we're asking you to leave," the receptionist interrupts. "Mr. Rojnapat, Mr. Suthilakk, please go back inside. This man is dangerous. I already called security. I'm so sorry for the disturbance."

Prem wants to laugh at the names they're called, but he's not in a good mood at the moment, especially when the receptionist described him as dangerous.

"Oh. No, don't worry. They're my friends," Arthit says. "Now, Prem, what's up with you? Are you really causing a commotion here?"

"No."

"Yes, he does, Mr. Rojnapat," the receptionist answers. "He's forcing to get inside even though I already said that all the tables are booked and reserved until our closing time."

Arthit gives his friend an angry yet funny look. He didn't know Prem would bring someone in this kind of place. He didn't even know that he's dating. He didn't even know he's gay too.

Prem just lowers his head, as if doing so would hide him.

Kongpob goes to Wad's side and puts his arm on his shoulder. Wad gives him an awkward look. "I tried to stop him, Kong."

Kongpob nods. "So... you and P'Prem?"

Wad nods.

"Ohhhhhhh..."

Prem hears the reaction. "I told you to stop that!"

Kongpob just smiles at him. He knows he wouldn't be hurt since Arthit is there.

He faces his friend again. "I have an idea, Wad, but I need to ask P'Arthit first."

He runs back to his boyfriend and grabs his arm. He whispers something to his ear, which makes Arthit check his watch and nod.

"Are you sure, Kong?"

"Yes, P'."

"Okay," Arthit starts. "Kongpob and I have a solution for our two lovebirds here."

"Thank you for the solution, but I need you to shut up," Prem says. Wad kicks his leg.

"Miss," Arthit faces the receptionist. "Our table will be reserved until 11, right?"

"Yes, Mr. Rojnapat."

"We've decided to give the reservation to them, the second half. We're almost done anyway."

The receptionist nods as she makes changes on her computer.

"Really?" Prem asks.

"Yes, but you'll have to pay Kongpob for the reservation."

"P'Arthit, there's no need," Kongpob says. "It's now our gift to you, Wad and P'Prem. Happy Valentine's day!"

Wad wants the earth to swallow him whole, and Prem doesn't know how to react.

"Happy Valentine's day!" Arthit teasingly greets them.

"Hehe, thank you, Arthit, Nong Kongpob," Prem suddenly changes his tone. The angry hazer is gone.

"Thank you," Wad shyly follows.

"You're welcome," Kongpob says.

"We'll just settle our bill and have the table cleaned up for you," Arthit says. "Just wait here."

The two nod as they watch the other couple go back inside. Wad pulls his boyfriend aside so he can talk to the receptionist. His voice is too soft, so no one else hears, but it appears he's apologizing in behalf of Prem.

"P'Arthit, did you know about them?" Kongpob asks as they go back to their table.

"No."

"Me too."

After paying their bill, they get back to the reception area where Wad and Prem are waiting.

"Prem, everything's settled now. You can go inside."

"Thanks, man."

"Yes, man, but you need to talk with me tomorrow," Arthit says, raising his brow.

Prem slowly nods. He was about to tell him about his relationship with Wad during the Thank You Party, but he backed out. Well, now, they're busted, so he has no other choice. "Just... keep it as our secret for now."

"I know that. Don't worry."

Arthit, then, taps Wad's shoulder and whispers something to him that makes him laugh, which is unusual for Wad. Prem gives them a questioning look, but Wad just shakes his head. Arthit acts like he didn't say anything.

"Enjoy your night, P'Prem!" Kongpob teases. "And Wad, I'll text you later!" He winks at him.

After teasing the other couple, Arthit and Kongpob run towards the road and hail a cab that will take them home.

"That's... surprising, P'."

"I know."

"Wad and P'Prem?"

"I never imagined."

"Me too."

 

"So... P'Arthit, about the love letter..."

"Shut up! Open it once you're home."