Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2018-09-16
Completed:
2021-02-23
Words:
21,848
Chapters:
11/11
Comments:
3
Kudos:
102
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
6,428

I love my boss

Summary:

Reader works for multiple nations as a secretary, helping them with all of their responsibilities as a country. But they can't help but fall for them despite the taboo that comes with falling for your boss. No matter how hard you try to fight your feelings, you just fall deeper in love.

Notes:

I can't say how often I will update, no specific order of chapters. I hope you like the story

Chapter 1: Always a lady

Chapter Text

Olivia was on her way to another world meeting, the yearly meeting that allowed everyone to get up to date with the situation of their nations and strengthen their alliances. As always, she had made sure to be prepared and leave a good example towards other nations.  She had never liked to be tardy as it made her look improper and unprofessional. By not being on time she would cause problems for other nations and keep people behind, ruining their schedule. As well as work, people would have plans and other business to attend to when this was all over. She would hate to get in the way of someone else's schedule, she would feel just terrible about causing problems for others. By showing up early she could bond with her allies and get up to date on more personal matters as well as with work. She had friends amongst other nations, not just ones who were purely business based.

However, that did not mean she could not be kind and check up to make sure they were well. There may be one of her allies or another nation having a bad day, by speaking to them she may leave them in a good mood or help vent whatever issues they were having. That would leave her in a good mood all day, knowing she had done some good and made the world a better place. Part of building allied relationships was being able to find mutual ways to bond and showing you cared.

As such, she had to make a good impression to said allies by looking her best. She had to keep up her ladylike image as to not make herself look bad towards her allies. Her boss always told her to never let the side down and to never allow any form of mistakes and that included appearances. So she always put in work to make sure she looked proper when greeting her companions, having prepared the day before. She was wearing a peach pink blazer and a matching pencil skirt, with a modest slit in the side. She was also wearing a white blouse shirt and a blue necktie bow around her neck. Her strawberry blonde hair styled back into bunches with pale blue bows and matching pink heels.

She had tidied herself up especially for the meeting, getting up early as to have plenty of time to shower, get in a taxi and leave for the meeting. he was only grateful she was the host of the meeting this time, as it meant less stress at the airport. Though she was never one to complain, only worry; sometimes everything did become a bit much. But it made her grateful to have a helper that made such matters so much easier than they had been before. 

She hummed happily to herself, a spring in her step “Oh, its so good to be organized. Time for another meeting, the early bird catches the worm after all” she said proudly. She was bright eyed and bushy tailed, eager to have another productive day. She only wished Simone would be as productive and less lazy, it wasn't ladylike to show up to a meeting un-enthusiastically or late, it really let the side down for everyone else and was very thoughtless of her. 

“Yes ma’am” (Y/N) replied quickly, gripping your briefcase tightly in your grasp. If not for (Tea/coffee) in your system, there was no way in hell you would be able to function this early. It was way too early for this kind of shit. Times like this you were relieved to be so talented at multitasking. Carrying her tea in one hand and a bag of pastries in the other. So, your boss could have breakfast on the way to the meeting. Despite the inner frustrations you were having, you could vent about it later on your break.

You were hungry, tired, stressed and frustrated, despite having everything organized you never understood why she needed to get up so early. There was a lot of time to waste and everyone would not be arriving for some time, which would leave everything rather quiet for a while. Not that you minded being alone with your boss, but given your mood and a lack of distractions, it would only make your mental state worse. And you would have to restrain yourself as to not have a mental breakdown. 

Olivia turned to face you with a bright smile that made your heart melt like warm butter. Spinning quickly on her heels to face you like she was dancing on a feather, her long red hair flowing over her shoulder. “Do you have everything?” she asked curiously. Her big blue eyes beaming at you with hope and happiness. You could never stay mad at your boss when you looked at you like that, it just ate away at you. Damn your weakness for cute things. 

(Y/N) blushed, but you attempted to hide your flustered attitude given how inappropriate it would be. “Yes ma’am” you replied quickly. She really was cute, her pretty heart shaped face, soft skin, pale complexion, small but lovely figure and soft red hair. You had never expected that you would ever fall for your boss, but here you were. Trying to hide how heavily you were crushing on your boss. Though such things did happen in the work place, it was not appropriate with your employer.

Olivia then smiled at you sweetly, causing you to internally scream at how cute she looked right now. How one girl was so attractive you would never know, but you were grateful to have her as your boss, allowing you to appreciate her every day. “Thank you pet, you really are such a big help” she replied gratefully. You were so polite, helpful and kind, such a nice girl. She then checked her watch and hummed, making sure of the time. She was relieved to know you had plenty of time, meaning you could take things easy for a while. 

She then sat at a table with you to enjoy her breakfast, even carrying a napkin and everything. She was always so prepared and made sure to not make a mess when she ate. Being self aware and keeping things handy always paid off in any situation. You never know what small trinkets you kept on your person could help you in any given situation. Though many nations like France and her ex ward America called it clutter, she always found some use for them. 

Though you were sleepy, you smiled at her fondly. Honestly, your boss was so adorable it hurt. Those freckles that kissed her cheeks, partially her arms and body, utterly angelic. The best part about your employer was how reasonable she was, rarely ever getting upset or angry about anything. In fact, she had a tendency to baby you. Sometimes you worried about her attitude towards you that people would get the wrong idea, as it may cause rumours and people to speak badly of her.

You could handle rumours and harassment about yourself, it came with the job. But you would never accept slander towards your boss, she always made sure to take care of you and respect you. You were lucky to have such an understanding boss, but not everyone could be as lucky. So you were always sure to never arouse the wrong impression from others or cause any misunderstandings that may threaten your bosses reputation or your own employment. 

Olivia then spotted at how tired you looked, though she was glad you were taking your job seriously, there was a lot of time before the meeting would start. After all, she would wake you when the time came. “(Y/N), poppet, would you like to take a nap?” she offered kindly. You needed to be your best for the meeting and it would look sloppy if you were yawning the whole time. What would happen if you got so tired and overworked that you passed out?

She had noticed how tired you were on the way, using caffeine boosts to keep up your energy and allow you to keep working. But that was not healthy as it would mess with your sleep pattern and only cause you to burn yourself out later on. As your boss it was her job to take care of you and make sure you were always at your best. You were not just her employee but also her responsibility and a person for that matter. If something happened to you she would feel just awful.  

You blushed, in this line of work you were used to the early mornings and business by now. Yes, you weren’t much of an early bird but sometimes you just had to adapt somehow. “B… but Miss Kirkland, I can’t. I’m on duty” you protested. Though being close to her made you happy, it was best to think about her intimately inside your head. You knew if you got close to her, your thoughts would only run wild and your feelings would get the better of you. Which would only lead to making a fool of yourself which you could not allow. 

Olivia frowned making you worry, Olivia getting angry was never a good thing. Though she was usually a happy go lucky kind of person, when she was serious there was no messing with her. You knew from personal experience after witnessing her arguments with France or even breaking up fights how frightening her temper could be. Thus you tried your hardest to remain on her good side. “We have at least an hour before the meeting. A few winks won’t hurt, now pet. Take a nap” she scolded firmly.

There was no shame in resting when you had the opportunity, it left you feeling refreshed and better able to return to work. She knew this morning had taken a lot out of you and getting some rest would be of great benefit to you. You hadn't eaten either which also worried her, so she decided she would leave you a pastry so you could be able to have some sugar intake to keep you going through some of the meeting until break. 

You pouted, you couldn’t argue with her when she scolded you. You had seen how stern she could be with other nations, including her ex wards. Though you hated being a bother to your boss as taking care of her and helping her with work was part of your job. You then moved your chair closer to her awkwardly, trying to avoid eye contact. Before looking around, you slowly leaned against her shoulder. “Pardon me ma’am” you apologized. She smelled like roses and baking, a sweet and alluring scent. 

She then smiled sweetly, glad you were finally being compliant and thinking about yourself. It wasn’t good that you worried over your job so much and neglected your well-being. Being self aware while on the job avoided accidents and making yourself ill. Though she was happy you took your job seriously, remembering when to take a step back and reflect was always important. “Sweet dreams poppet” she cooed. You were always such a hard worker and a good girl. It made her heart swell with pride. 

Having you around always made things so much happier. She didn't often say it, but because France didn't always want to talk to her and her ex wards tended to do their own thing; she got very lonely. But now that she had you around, the emptiness she used to feel was now fading. But if only you would see how worried she got when you overworked yourself. But at least now you were able to get some rest to ease her nerves.