Actions

Work Header

My bloody Mary

Summary:

This is the how everything started. They lived a pretty normal life, but everything changed in an instant. They found themeselves in an horrible series of events, leading them to completely change their lives.

Notes:

For this story I read books about criminal profiling and researched about nursery rhymes and their meanings. I also tried to picture the characters' problems and shock, I hope I made at least a decent job.

This story is a sequel to After the dark, but it can be read atthe same time

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Their past: Hanamiya Makoto

Chapter Text

Chapter 1

 

THEIR PAST: HANAMIYA MAKOTO

 

He was at the door, having just rang the doorbell, and Kuroko-san opened it.

“Yes?” The woman asked.

“Excuse me, I am Tetsuya's friend, is he in?” He asked.

“Oh my, he's still out. He's always with his tall friend lately, you know Kagami-kun.” She said.

“I know, his red head is scary.” He joked.

“Yes, but he's so kind.” The woman was pleased. She was fond of the boy, it was obvious to see. “Would you like to enter and wait for him? I'll call him.”
“Yes, thanks, but it's not necessary to call him, he knew I was coming.”

“Then, come in, he will be here in no time, I'm sure.”

He entered the house. It was a plainly normal one, nothing special, a typical normal Japanese house. The woman had blue hair and brown eyes, not very tall, fair skin, she was petite and somehow cute. She must have been a gentle and kind mother.

He thought that was evident that part of Kuroko's cuteness and features were hers. All the more reason to be annoyed by her presence.

They entered a small living room, with a square table.

“I'll make some tea.” The woman went in the kitchen.

“You're alone, Kuroko-san?”

“My husband will be here in 10 minutes, more or less, he called before. He's always busy with his job, he can't help it.” She said returning with the tea pot and two cups. “We always leave Tetsuya alone.” Her sadness could be easily seen on her face.

You have to work, I'm sure he understand.” His fake smile was always effective with people their age, and this time was no exception.

“Eh, he's a really good boy.” She agreed. “I'm glad he has good friends.”

He started to be impatient. He was really clever, but never been the patient type.

After some time the father arrived at home and they entertained a conversation.

He, however, was annoyed, but couldn't be discovered yet. His fingers were itching, they wanted action. Not yet . He said to them in his mind. Not yet . Just wait a little bit .

“So you're Tetsuya's friend? How did you two meet? You're not from his school I assume.”

Basketball. Seirin beat us. Two times in two years.” And the switch was pressed. They would suffer. They would suffer so much, and he would be there to see everything. He would be the one to laugh in the end. His smile widened. They would pay. Every one of them.

Hanamiya stood up, a smile on his face. He approached the man, still sat at the chair in front of him, and talked in his ears. “Ya know, I was kidding before, I'm not really your son's friend. I really, really hate him.” And in the same instant Kuroko's father's eyes went wide for the shock he cut his throat with his knife. Warm blood started to spill from the cut, a lot of red, warm, beautiful blood.

The woman, who was coming back from the kitchen with some sweets, was petrified for an instant, then she dropped the trail and started to scream and cry.

She was so annoying. “Tch!”

She tried to escape but he was an athlete, while the woman was little and frail, she could never escape from him.

While the man was left on the ground, with all his blood draining from his body and spilling everywhere on the floor, the boy hit the woman on her back while she was trying to escape and she fell on her knees.

“What are you... Why??!”

He was smiling, and now he was in front of her, looking at her eyes full of fear and her face wet from her tears. “He has to suffer. They all will suffer. I don't like to lose. But I like red things ya know.” He stabbed her in the stomach and she shouted and tried to escape, uselessly trying t o stop him.

“You're really annoying. Just shut up!” The woman shouted again and he hit her again. “Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!”

He hit again, and again, and again until she stopped moving and shouting and cry. At that point there was blood everywhere in the room. But he was not satisfied yet.

He observed his work. The corpse of the man was on the ground in a pool of blood. The woman was some meters behind, the blood splashed here and there, some ended up on the couch, some on the table and chairs, some on the walls.

He used some blood to paint on the walls with his fingers wrapped in a latex glove (he wasn't stupid, he would not leave his fingerprints there), being careful to write everything perfectly.

And yes, he was clever, his IQ was higher than most of people he knew, so after his paintings, he wrote this nursery rhyme in English and clean the scene of his other fingerprints.

The red head would know the meaning of this one. So he started to write, with his fingers stained with blood.

 

Mary Mary quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids all in a row

 

Mistress Mary, Quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With Silver Bells, And Cockle Shells,
And so my garden grows.

Mary, Mary quite contrary,

How does your garden grow,

With silver bells and cockle shells

And pretty maids all in a row.

 

Mary, Mary quite contrary,

Mistress Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With Silver Bells, And Cockle Shells,
And so my garden grows.

 

Yes, that was good, he was thinking, admiring his work. For that cute black haired guy he used another one, but this... this was a masterpiece.

Yeah, that cute guy was clueless either. He approached him saying he wanted help apologizing to Kagami. He said he was changed and wanted to talk to the red head, but didn't knew how to do it since the boy was avoiding him.

That boy was naive, really stupid. He let his guard down. And payed for it. It was too simple to kill him. And it happened slowly. The boy tried to fight but it was useless. He drugged him, so he was unable to move his body, but he was still conscious, everything he did to him... the boy could feel it, being unable to move and call for help. Every cut, every hit, the boy felt them all. It was nice and slow. He had read a lot of medical books, so he knew where to stab and make it painful, how to go deep. And the pretty boy couldn't even say a word. When he stabbed the guy his final and death blow, letting him die of blood loss, he could see the boy could feel the pain even if he couldn't move a finger. And he watched it all...

He left a rhyme near him, at the place they would find him: “Tiger, tiger, orange and black.” It goes like this:

 

Tiger, tiger, orange and black,
He is somewhere about,
So you better watch out.
Tiger, tiger, orange and black,
There on the ground
I can see his tracks.
So tiger, tiger, orange and black,
I am going home -
Before he jumps on my back!
Roar!!!


It was only a nursery rhyme, but everybody knew that the red head's nickname was Tiger and his name resembled that animal name too, Taiga. The rhyme was for his beloved “brother.”

And when his work was done he called the supposed brother of his and let them say goodbye. Well, try to, the boy couldn't muster but a few words, he was still immobilized after all.

Now this rhyme about bloody Mary was good for his purposes.

Time to go. He thought. They would be there soon. He cleaned everything he had touched, taking with him the mug he used, so the police wouldn't find his DNA in that. He would destroy it later, with his clothes. No one was searching for him, so he could destroy all the evidences and never been suspected.

He exited the house with a smile on his face.

 

------------