Actions

Work Header

Angel Agency

Summary:

John Winchester pushed his newly presented son to the intimidating white building of the Angel Agency. His friend Alistair told him he could get good money for the boy. John needed money for his younger son and himself; he did not care for the older boy who looked so much like his late wife, Mary. Johns' heart was black, and all he cared for was money.

John tries to sell Dean to the angels but it backfires. Watch Dean as he joins the humans at the agency, he makes friends and enemies and does what he can to find his family. All is not what it seems though. Join Dean on his adventure through heaven and hell.

Notes:

I will mark notes with warnings, please, watch for the notes and don't read if you're concerned.

This fic is finished and beta read and edited. Thanks for all your support on this one. Chell and her family. My family and my muse that guides me.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Angel 101

Summary:

John Winchester pushed his newly presented son to the intimidating white building of the Angel Agency. His friend Alistair told him he could get good money for the boy. John needed money for his younger son and himself; he did not care for the older boy who looked so much like his late wife, Mary. John's heart was black, and all he cared for was money.

Chapter Text

John Winchester pushed his newly presented son to the intimidating white building of the Angel Agency. His friend Alistair told him he could make good money for the boy. John needed cash for his younger child and himself. The man did not care for the older boy, who looked like his late wife, Mary.

 

“You better behave in there, boy,” growled John Winchester at his son Dean. “Your brother needs food, clothes, and college funds. You’re going to be useful after all.” His amusement was icy and cruel, and John kicked the mistreated child. “Now look sharp and remember your manners. These dicks with wings are all about their manners.” John stepped into the building, all high and mighty, like he was better than anybody there. Dean followed like a silent shadow, hardly existing.

 

The young Omega looked around the foyer; angels were milling around, dressed in varying styles of clothes: some business suits, some casual jeans, and t-shirts, dresses and sandals. They were busy, but they don’t seem angry or dicks like his dad said they would be.

 

John informed him that angels would collar him, make him suck cock and hide him away in a basement. They would not feed him and whip him because he’s an Omega. Dean, believed him, since he presented all his father had done was belitte him and hurt him. John had not allowed him to mix with Sam anymore, and Dean missed him.

 

John strolled up to a counter that had sunflowers sat on the top. Dean thought they were pretty.

 

“Hello, I’m here auctioning my boy to the Angel Agency.” The thundering tone of his father echoed around the foyer. “He’s sixteen, fit and healthy, so I’m confident you will put him to good use. I demand good money for him,” demands John, talking to the female angel on the desk.

 

The female angel behind the counter had red hair and frowned at John, telling him to wait. The angel walks over to an array of doors on their far-right. The angel comes back five minutes later with another female angel. This angel has short brown hair and smiles at Dean, not glancing at his dad, which Dean finds strange.

 

“Hello, who are you?” The angel asked Dean. The young boy finds tears appearing in his eyes. No one has been friendly to him — not since his mom died, and that was a long time ago. Even before he became an Omega, his dad did not treat him well.

 

“I’m Dean ma’am.” said Dean.

 

“Pleased to meet you, Dean my names Hannah. I’m a Thrones angel. I need you to come with me to test your health,” Hannah holds out her hand, and Dean looks wondering if he should accept it.

 

They strode to the threshold of the large hall and came to an array of passageways; they take the middle one. It has a dark green carpet with rich green walls. The pictures on the walls have angels on horseback, some strolling with riders on their back, and some jumping over hedges. Dean likes them. The angel’s wings looked like they flow in the breeze. It reminds him of the pictures that became alive in Harry Potter.

 

Hannah smiles at him and ushered him into an extensive white room. It bears a bed and a table with medical equipment on it. There are scales, a height chart, and a bank of lockers.

 

“Dean, can you take your clothes off and put this gown on for me, please?” asks Hannah. It terrified Dean. What would they say when they discovered his scars? Dean shook with dismay and tears streamed down his pale face.

 

“Dean sweetie?” questioned Hannah, studying the child with sadness in her brown eyes. “What’s wrong?”

 

“My… I’m scared, Hannah.” whimpered Dean.

 

“Did you require some help?” The angel looked at the boy and wanted to help; he had little affection in his brief life.

 

“Yes, please.” Dean struggled, so he let Hannah help him.

 

Hannah helped the young Omega off with his clothes and saw why the poor boy was scared. Dean had several burn marks scattered on his skin. There was an enormous purple bruise on his hip. She peered down and spotted red lines in between his thighs. The poor child had been cutting himself.

 

“Dean, let’s put this on okay, don’t worry, you will not leave this building with that man. That’s a promise.” Hannah was trying not to raise her voice, not wishing to scare Dean.

 

“Where will I go?” Dean asked, trying to keep the tears at bay.

 

“You will settle here with us until you’re fit to live with your mate.” The angel explained.

 

“Will dad get a lot of money for me?” Dean did not think he was worth very much.

 

“You’re not in a healthy state, sweetheart. You’re underfed, and you’ve not got enough calcium in your body. That’s why you have the bow on your legs. You have scars, but your angel can repair them. Your mental health is a concern. The mere saving grace for your dad at this moment is your age and that you’re an Omega. We have to analyse what angel we can mate you with.” Hannah answered, but angels were not tactful.

 

“I’m sorry I let you all down.” cried Dean, who was feeling like his world had ended.

 

“No, sweetheart, you have let nobody down. It’s your father that let you down, Dean. John may think we’re dicks with wings, but we won’t let anybody get away with abusing a child.”

 

Dean stopped crying. ‘Could the angel’s mind read?’ The omega laughed ‘Oh dear, his dad was in tremendous trouble then.’

 

“You have beautiful eyes, Dean, and when you smile, you light up the room. I can’t examine your soul, only your mate can, but my bets it’s as wonderful as you.” Hannah told the Omega, hoping to install some affection in his life.

 

Dean turned rosy red. No one had called him beautiful before, but he smiled back. “Thank you, Hannah.”

 

There came a knock on the door, and a female stepped in with a stethoscope around her neck. “This is Pam. She’s our physician, specialises in human health. Dean, I’m going to talk to Pam just for a moment in angel language. It will be swifter. I don’t want you to think we are rude.”

 

“That’s okay, can I sit down?” Dean’s limbs were painful, if he was honest with himself.

 

“Yes, of course, lay on the bed,” Hannah said.

 

Hannah turned to Pam and spoke. “Dean has been abused, Pam. We need pictures for evidence. I have to call Jody Mills, and you need to run line testing. I have a feeling he’s a Seraphim blood tie. His soul sings to me.”

 

Pam glanced over at the young boy lying on the bed. “He’s special alright, Hannah. I will get the test done right away. I will carry out the full works. That will take longer. You need to take that off his price.”

 

“Oh, his father is going to love that.” She grinned.

 

“Well, he won’t be getting any money from us, not in abuse cases, and we take them. It’s always been that way. Once he’s over that door, he’s ours.” Pam smirked looked back at the boy on the bed.

 

“John Winchester did not study the procedures the buffoon. Annie called me on angel radio. He handed over the rights to us, not that it would matter in this case,” grinned Hannah.

 

“I need to find out if there are any more kids at home. John Winchester will go away for a long time for this,” said Pam.

 

“Dean, I’m leaving now I will get you in a while.,” Declared Hannah. “Pam will take care of you.”

 

Dean nodded, unsettled.

 

“Dean, I have to collect blood from you,” Dean responded, and he turned his head aside when Pam got to work. “Sharp scratch baby, that’s it, relax. You’re doing great Dean, well done.”

 

After Pam had done, she took Dean’s blood pressure. She got an x-ray for his ribs and his arm that Dean had stated he had fallen over and damaged. They took his weight and height measurements. The Omega was tiny for his age and malnourished. Pam pulled out a granola bar and a bottle of water, telling Dean to eat and drink.

 

Dean thanked her, and he delved into the bar like it was his last meal.

 

“When was the last time you ate Dean?” the doctor asked, eyes full of concern.

 

“Um... I had scraps the other day and some water from the sink at night.”

 

Pam took Dean down for x-rays. His ribs were cracked, his arm a former fracture that had not repaired. She took pictures of his bruises, scars and burns, and pictures of his self-harm injuries.

 

Hannah came back sometime later. “Jody’s here. I was correct, he’s in line for a Seraphim’s first class. We conducted research Deans’ mom was a Campbell.” She declared it all in English, so Dean would understand.

 

“What does that mean?” asked a puzzled Dean.

 

“Your half-angel sweet cheeks. Your mom was an angel; the Campbell’s are an old name in the angelic world.” The doctor explained.

 

“Dean,” asked Hannah. “Do you have any brothers or sisters at home?”

 

“Just Sammy. He’s four years younger than me. Dad used to get drunk and leave for days. I had to steal food to make certain we could eat. I’m sorry, I know angels don’t appreciate that kind of thing. I needed to watch after my brother.” Dean voiced.

 

“Dean, you were a baby. You did the best you could. We angels don’t punish children struggling to feed their baby brothers.” Hannah told the boy.

 

“Then when I became Omega six months ago, John would not let me see Sammy anymore, announced I was a destructive influence on him. John never used my name. I was a bitch or a whore. It petrified me he would marry me off to Alastair Rook, but he did not want me. Alastair told John to come here, that I would be worth something. John suggested I would be of use and Sammy could go to college.” Dean looked tired after the big speech.

 

“We are going to get in contact with your family, Dean,” Hannah told the boy. “Make sure Sammy is okay. He can’t stay with your father. I know you won’t understand it, but what your dad has done to you is abuse.”

 

“Dean, baby, I want you to have a shower than a bath. Then you will have clothes to put on. Then you will get to meet your angel.”

 

“They won’t want me, Pam, not with all my issues.” Dean cried again.

 

Hannah looked at Pam and sighed. “Sweetie, he will want you and will take care of you. I promise you that.”

 

They got Dean ready, washed, and dressed. Dean’s life would change from that moment.

 

Chapter 2: Seraphim First Class

Summary:

Jody Mills comes to see Dean and sees the abuse he's suffered. Dean gets to meet his angel and Johns day gets steadily worse.

Notes:

Warning: (Mention of broken bones) Reference to Dean.

Chapter Text

Jody Mills did not get called to the Angel Agency very often, but when she did, she knew it was going to be atrocious. She stared at Dean’s x-rays, not requiring a medical degree to notice broken bones and bones that had not healed.

 

“You need to perform your magic, Hannah. We have sufficient evidence to arrest Winchester. I will call Donna to pick up Sam get him to the hospital for checks. Donna could call the boys grandma Deanna Campbell. Dean will be under the care of the angels; he will be okay.”

 

“We have to meet with Castiel first; he’s Seraphim first class. That’s who they linked Dean’s blood with,” stated Hannah, who was getting her notes in order.

 

They walked down another corridor. This time a dark blue carpet covered the floor, and the corridor washed in a baby blue. Hannah knocked on the door at the end of the passageway and waited.

 

“Come in.” Came a strong, gravelly voice that called for respect.

 

“Castiel, it’s always a pleasure to greet you.” Hannah bent her head in respect.

 

Castiel smiled at his sister and shook Jody Mills’ hand.

 

“I hear that I have a match?” smiled, Castiel. “From what you mention, Hannah, poor Dean’s not in the best of health, mentally or physically.” Castiel waited for the woman to talk.

 

Hannah slid Dean’s file over, and Castiel touched it. He closed his eyes and discovered memories and pictures. The angel found a scared young boy — fabulous jade green eyes that reminded the Seraphim of the Amazon rainforest after rainfall. His hair was a light brown; he wondered if it would turn golden with the heat of the sun. Angels had blessed him; freckles kissed his tan skin. The boy was beautiful, Castiel could tell he was special and could not wait to investigate his soul.

 

“I wish to meet him, Hannah, before I contact the dad,” commanded Castiel, not willing to wait any longer.

 

Hannah grinned at her brother’s lack of patience. “Of course, Castiel.” They strode down the blue corridor and up the green one. They knocked on the examination door. Dean was lying down again, all washed up and smelling fresh, in white clothes, to denote his purity.

 

Castiel strode over to Dean. The angel peered into the Omega’s soul. It was like peering into a supernova, shimmering golds, reds, and greens. The brightest soul of a righteous man he would become. It took Castiel’s breath away, and he didn’t need to breathe.

 

“Dean, I’m Castiel. I’m going to be your mate. Seraphim first class.”

 

“What does that mean?” frowned Dean, studying this beautiful angel before him. The blue eyes and black bed hair, leather jacket and a glance of a tattoo showing under the angel’s collar.

 

“I am one level before an Archangel,” explained Castiel.

 

“Oh wow. Why would you choose someone like me?” Dean said, looking disturbed and beat down.

 

“Dean Winchester, you will face me. You have suffered. You are not a victim, but a survivor. If it takes every day until this world ends, me saying that you are unbelievable, then I will do it.” Growls Castiel, needing to hunt down John Winchester for what he had done to this sweet boy.

 

“I don’t see it.” Dean sniffed, playing with the edge of his gown.

 

“No, not yet, but you will. Now I am going to find your father. I want you to find your suite and settle in, and we will meet up in the morning.”

 

“Okay, Castiel, thank you,” Dean whispered.

 

“You’re most welcome, Dean.” Castiel nodded back.

 

“Pam, make sure Dean goes to his room. Maybe Charlie and Kevin will help him.”

 

“Sure, thing Castiel, we will watch your boy.”

 

Castiel, Hannah, and Jody said goodbye. Dean stood with Pam. Starting on the next journey of his new life.

Chapter 3: Nothing for you

Summary:

The angels tell John what they think of the abuse of Dean, and Castiel has a little word.

Notes:

Warnings: (Abusive language, and mentions of Child abuse)

The chapters will be getting longer from now on.

Chapter Text

Hannah strode with purpose to the room where John Winchester was. Castiel and Jody sat on either side of Hannah, not speaking a word, letting the younger angel deal with the situation.

 

“Where the hell is my son? And where the hell is my money?” Yelled John. Hated being treated like he was nobody.

 

“There is no need to shout, Mr Winchester. Let’s start, shall we?” The angel was staring daggers at the older man. “Now Dean’s condition is not exemplary. His mental health I gave two out of ten. His physical condition was again two out of ten. We’ve had to run a full blood count, so again that will keep the cost down. His age and his status, of course, will bring the money you get up and some good news. His line is a Seraphim.” Hannah could see dollar signs in front of John’s eyes when she mentioned that. “We can give you thirty thousand dollars.”

 

“What!” spluttered John, going a sinister crimson. “Is that all!? The little shit is worthless. He’s a fucking virgin, that must count for something?”

 

Hannah narrowed her eyes. “It does. We will allow you an extra fifty thousand for his virginity.” Stated the angel, who was now sitting back in her chair.

 

“I could get more selling the whore for tricks.” growled John. “In fact, get him. I’m taking him home. Know a lot of alphas who would like to knot a bitch like that.”

 

“No, Mr Winchester, you signed Dean over to us. We own him now.” Hannah smiled at him. Oh, so sweetly.

 

“He’s my son, and I want him back.” spat John, sending the chair he sat on flying.

 

“You did the paperwork, Mr Winchester. Dean belongs to us. Take the money or leave.”

 

“You’re all just a load of dicks with wings. I’ll get the little bitch back mark my word. Nothing you can do about it.” John shouted and slammed his hand down hard on the table.

 

Castiel sat forward. Red flashed in his eyes. “I’m your son’s mate, John Winchester. If you ever, and I mean ever, and I will live for a long time. Touch a hair on Dean’s head; I will kill you. Do you understand me? If I hear about you taking revenge, if I hear about you trying to get him back, anything that puts his welfare or life in peril, you won’t live another day. I have my rights as his mate.” Castiel said it so quietly and deadly that even Hannah felt dread at the words of the mighty angel.

 

“Don’t threaten me, boy, you have no clue who you’re messing with,” growled John with hatred in his eyes. 

 

“I’m not positive you understand who I am.” Castiels, eyebrows rose “But please make my day, do something because I would love to come up with a plan to kill you so gradually you will discover how it felt when you hurt your son.”

 

The angel saw the fear flash in the older Winchester’s eyes, but it was only fleeting. Castiel knew he would have to keep Dean safe, that John would try to get Dean back.

 

Jody cleared her throat. “John Winchester, I’m here today because of the abuse of your son, Dean Aaron Winchester.”

 

“What?” gasped John, staring at the sheriff in shock.

 

“I did what anyone would do, treated the bitch with the back of my hand.”

 

“This is a different age, Mr Winchester. Not the dark ages. We treat everyone equally; we should treat no one different, from their age, disability, sexual orientation, colour or designation — everyone as the right to live without fear of violence and to live with nutrition, health care, shelter and love. You have given nothing of this to your son. Dean had broken bones, scars, and bruises on his body, and his mental health was at crisis levels. We will place your other son, Samuel, to care.”

 

“What! You can’t do that. Sam’s going to be an alpha.” Like that was the only factor that mattered in the man’s warped mind.

 

“How would you know that, Mr Winchester? They can’t test for it yet.” snarled Jody, staring the man down.

 

“Well, he will not be a little bitch like his brother.” laughed John, shaking his head.

 

Jody had heard enough. “John Winchester, I am arresting you for the abuse of your son Dean Arron Winchester and the abuse of Samuel Henry Winchester.” she acknowledged her two men standing by the door. They placed John Winchester in cuffs and led him away. “I will keep you updated,” Jody told the angels. “Take care.” And she walked out, wanting to sort this mess.

 

“You to Jody, and thank you.” 

 

Castiel turned to Hannah. “I have a feeling we will see them again.”

 

“Do you think he’s stupid enough to escape and come after you and Dean?” Hannah questioned incredulously. 

 

“Yes,” stated Castiel. “Sadly, I do. We will be ready; don’t you worry about that.”

 

The two angels parted ways. Knowing this drama was not over yet.

Chapter 4: A new home

Summary:

Dean meets several new faces in the human part of the agency and gets to know the place.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

They took Dean to the human quarters.

 

Hannah went up to an angel that sat on a desk by a door at the end of a long corridor. “Dean needs a key card, Jace.” Jace was small, with light blond hair that was practically white.

 

“No problems. Now, Dean, you must stay in the human quarters. You can only leave with your angel or your angel appointed HAG.”

 

“HAG?” questioned Dean, wondering what that was.

 

Hannah explained to Dean. “It means human appointed guard, Castiel, will appoint one for you in case he can’t take you out.”

 

“Oh, that’s terrific. So, I can’t leave without one? I have to remain in this area?”

 

“Yes, Dean, but it’s an enormous building. There are school blocks and bedrooms — also a communal area, coffee shops and a food hall. There are movies every night and a play in the theatre. We have an arcade, and there is an outdoor area. A garden is a nice place if you seek solitude.”

 

“Sounds great,” mumbled Dean, not at all convinced.

 

“You can’t get anywhere without your pass. Your angel can revoke access. How old are you, Dean?” The smaller angel asked.

 

“Sixteen. Why?”

 

“You’ll be here for a while, then. You must stay with us until you reach eighteen at the age of consent. When your angel can move you to their nest.” Jace told him.

 

Hannah glanced at the boy, all lost. “Dean, don’t worry. I know this is a lot to take in. You will learn all about us in your studies, so by the time you leave here, it won’t be as daunting.”

 

“So, let me see we can place you on floor three.” mumbled the angel, tapping her computer.

 

“Jace, I thought you got my note? Dean is Castiel’s; he will be on the top floor. Make certain you give him the bracelet or the commander won’t be pleased.”

 

The smaller angel sat up sharply. “Yes, of course. I will catalogue it, Hannah.” The angel opened a draw on her desk and pulled out a small black box. Inside were various compartments, some empty, others not. Jace pulled out a leather bracelet with strange symbols.

 

“You’re required to wear this Dean, Castiel won’t be happy if not.”

 

“Why? What does it do?” Questioned the younger boy, who now held it in his hands.

 

“Nothing, please wear it,” Jace told the human. The angels glanced at each other, but the boy could not interpret. Dean placed the bracelet on with little fuss.

 

“I have to leave now Dean, you will see me about,” Hannah told the young boy.

 

“Okay, thank you, Hannah. Sorry about how my dad was.” Dean told the angel who had been friendly to him.

 

Hannah smiled sadly. “Please don’t apologise for issues you have no control over. Have a pleasant evening; it’s almost suppertime.” The angel inclined her head and left.

 

“Okay, sweetie, let me get Charlie. She will show you around. She’s been here for a while and volunteers for us.” Jace told Dean.

 

“Okay.” shrugs Dean. All he needed was food, and to sit down. 

 

Jace picked up a phone and spoke into it. They waited in silence, and suddenly a buzzer sounded near them. The angel pressed a black box, and a girl with flaming red hair bounced through the door. She was smaller than him, about five feet four if he had to guess; with opaque skin and pale green eyes.

 

“Charlie, this is Dean. Can you show him around? But first, take him for something to eat.”

 

“Yes, I can help with that. What angel?” The girl glanced at Dean with a beam on her face.

 

“Seraphim, first class,” whispers Jace like it’s something impressive.

 

“Wow, that’s wonderful not had one of those before.”

 

“Well, you won’t again. The commander’s the only one. Now leave I have work. Nice to meet you, Dean. I think we will discover great things from you.” Then the angel turns and starts tapping on her computer.

 

“Dude, you’re like gold dust around here. Were all lower classes. There is only Adam that’s higher.” Squeaks Charlie, who seems to bounce down a brilliantly lit corridor.

 

“Why is this so great?” mumbles Dean, so sleepy he needs to sit and eat.

 

Charlie must spot this and stops and places her arm around him. “Hey, sorry, Anna says I’m way too hyper sometimes.”

 

Dean looks at the girl and feels bad for her. “I had a lousy day, sorry, not eaten in two days and feel-” He peers down, not positive about what else to say.

 

“I promise to take care of you, Dean. Come on.” Charlie gets her pass and Deans and presses them to the door.

 

Dean is astonished at first. They entered a large building with glass windows from top to bottom to let in natural light. There sat people on soft chairs chatting or reading. Corridors splintered off in all directions. No one glances up to discover who’s arrived in the lobby, and he’s thankful for that.

 

“This way to the food hall, you can choose what you want unless your angel or doctor says otherwise,” Charlie confided to Dean.

 

“The angels can instruct you what to eat?” Dean asked his companion, shocked.

 

“Yeah, look at that kid over there?” nudging Dean to study the boy with a glower on his face. He had vivid red hair and an even brighter red face. “Tries it every time.” the redhead said, shaking her head. “Ty’s prohibited from all things sweet like desserts, pastries, and candy, but he tries, and his angel will punish him for doing it repeatedly.”

 

“What’s the point of repeating the crime?” Dean asked the girl.

 

“Keep with that focus dude, then you won’t get on the wrong side of your angel. The higher up they are in the pecking order, the stricter they are.”

 

Dean spots Pam rush up to him, and he knows this can’t be good, but he understands why. “Dean, thank the lord, I caught you. We need to put you on a light diet for now, with your issues.”

 

“Okay, great, was not sure what I should eat anyhow.”

 

“You need more fluids. Normally, we won’t let any liquids up in the dorms, but with you, we will. Water only though.”

 

“Okay, where will I get that?” Dean asks the doctor.

 

“Charlie, could you show Dean? I have another human appear in the center and need to test them.”

 

“Sure, Pam.” Charlie nods.

 

Pam grabs Dean’s lanyard that’s hung around his neck and presses a minuscule black box to it. A shrill beep rang out. “I will see you tomorrow Dean,”

 

“What do I get?” Dean asks the redhead, looking puzzled.

 

“Let’s ask Mertha, she will know.” Charlie pulls him along to the front of a window near the kitchen. A tall woman with grey hair, slightly frazzled, spots the two humans, and she smiles.

 

“Charlie, who’s your friend?”

 

“This is Dean, Mertha, he’s on a restricted diet by Pam, but he’s not positive what he can eat.”

 

“Let me move around, and we can check that.” hums the angel.

 

Mertha spots the bracelet on Dean’s hand and raises an eyebrow and surveys the young boy.

 

“Dean, have I permission to check your pass?” the angel asks, and Charlie is puzzled. She never did this to Adam, and he’s with the last unmated archangel’s mate.

 

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

 

The angel nods and snags a grey scanner from a rack near them and picks Dean’s pass up. The scanner beeps, but the angel frowns and sighs. Dean thinks this is an odd concept for an angel to do.

 

“Is something wrong?” the young boy asks.

 

“No, honey, your angel needs to sign off on the doctor’s orders. I will ring. Charlie sit him down before he falls. Grab him some water on the way out.”

 

“Okay,” the redhead pulls Dean to an adjacent table and grabs water and makes her new friend drink it. 

 

“Charlie, everyone seems to fear Castiel. Why?” Everyone, even Jace, seemed to have an odd reaction to him.”

 

“I have no clue. In classes, we only glanced over him and the archangels. I’m starting on my last year, so I guess I will know more about interactions this year.”

 

Dean nodded. “I guess I will learn that if he’s high up.”

 

“Yeah, the only time we get to see them is at group gatherings or balls and shows. I need to learn how to be polite and interact with them. I don’t want to show Anna up, but we will have more freedom than you or Adam.”

 

The angel brings a tray of food for Dean, clear soup, a rice dish plus yoghurt. “It’s all sorted, young man. Come to me at the hatch for your food. You must have three meals a day, no snacks now, but plenty of water. When it’s time for bed, Castiel’s given you a time limit. The commander wishes you to finish it before morning.” the angel taps on the water bottle.

 

“Castiel knows humans sleep, right?” Dean asks, amused tone in his voice.

 

Mertha tries not to smile, but her lips quirk. “Well, yes, still you’re going to bed at nine, but he did not mention you had to sleep.” She winks.

 

Dean grins at the angel. “I would hug you, but I think if I did, we would both be in trouble with Cas.”

 

Charlie giggles at the nickname. Mertha laughs with them. 

 

“My dear child, that angel has no inkling of what he’s got himself into, but maybe it will wake him up. Of course, I never said that.” She turns and walks off.

 

“Well, that must have been some phone call. I agree Castiel has no clue. I like you, Dean.” Charlie holds out a hand. Dean shakes it. “Friends.”

 

“Friends.” Dean nods.

 

“I will meet you down by the elevators in the morning. That desk over there.” The older girl points to the desk that leads to the elevators. “It’s where you will pick up your paperwork, lessons, and daily schedule. You and Adam are the only ones allowed on the top floor. Castiel is the only alpha seraphim and commander of God’s own garrison. That’s why he gets that spot. The four archangels, Gabriel, Raphael, and Samael they have mates. Michael was the only one left. Don’t trust Adam; we assume he passed on news from here back to his angel. Some of us have been in trouble, and he’s the sole one that could have done that. Be safe up there.”

 

“Well, he won’t know about the water, will he? Let him assume I smuggled it up.” His green eyes twinkled with mischief.

 

“I like you, Dean. Yeah, I will inform the others. I’ll shoot off to the common room. That boy over there that just fled into the library, that’s Adam.”

 

Dean hugged his friend, and Charlie smirked. “Is that banned hugging?” Dean asked.

 

“I will tell Anna. She’s cool, and I want you to meet her.”

 

“Yeah, same here.” Dean waved and moved off to get water and discover if they could trust Adam.

 

The water was waiting at the hatch, and Dean waved at Mertha, as she was busy. Looking at his wristwatch, it was half eight. He knew little about his angel, but he would check to find out if he had gone to bed on time. Finding the library with ease, the language over the door was in English and Welsh. Dean guessed Ireland and Scotland had similar operations. The words were likewise in Enochian; he craved to learn the language of the angel’s a little more. Uncle Bobby had taught him, and he knew some, but wanted to study at a higher level.

 

Wondering what his uncle was doing if he even knew he was missing. His times spent at his house was the happiest he had ever been. John saw that and took it away. Uncle Bobby was more of a dad to him. The old man would have loved this library. It’s stretched so far. He could not see the back of it, all made of cedar wood, he would guess from the holy lands.

 

There was dialogue inserted in the wood: it was Aramaic, the language of Jesus. They were armchairs, some high back, others leather, all overstuffed. A fireplace sat in the middle, with large candles arranged around it.

 

There were wooden steps to higher levels. There were no windows, but light somehow shone, protecting the books, and so individuals could read. ‘Clever’ Dean thought to himself. He saw a boy who sat with his feet up on another chair, reading twilight? Dean thought less of him for that. He had short, brown hair and a long nose. He glared at him and narrowed his eyes.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry to disturb you, I’m Dean.”

 

“Oh, you’re new?” 

 

“Yeah, that obvious hey?” laughed Dean, dumping the water on the table near the boy. Dean could see him glancing at it, and his eyebrows rose.

 

“I’m Adam, by the way.”

 

“Oh, you’re on my floor, I’m with Cas.”

 

“Cas?” Adam squeaked.

 

“Yeah, you know some commander of heaven, blah, blah.” Dean flicked his hands up, claiming nonchalance.

 

“Oh, you’re with commander Castiel. Then yes, we’re on the same floor. I have a larger room being with the archangel Michael.” The boy smiled, thinking he was something special.

 

“Oh, that’s amazing.” Dean smiled widely at the boy, trying not to roll his eyes.

 

Dean glanced at his watch and exaggerated his movements, the other boy observing him. Flopping back, he huffed loudly.

 

“What’s wrong, Dean?” Adam asked.

 

“Oh, Cas wanted me in bed by nine, but I’m sixteen, not six.”

 

Adam peered at the clock hung above the fireplace. It rang nine on the hour, and his eyebrows rose, and a smirk came to his face. “What are you doing with that water, anyway?”

 

“Taking it up to my apartment, you won’t tell anyone, will you? I need something to drink, not used to people telling me what to do.” Dean picked up a magazine. It was about cars, thank God, but by half nine, he thought he was pushing his luck and stood up.

 

“So, Adam, best be going. How do I get up to the room?”

 

“I’ll come and show you, Dean.” Adam put his arm around Dean, and the other boy wanted to shake him off. The others looked at them as they strode to the boy’s dorms. Adam pressed his key card to the door and told Dean to do the same. There was a bank of elevators: three silver and one gold.

 

“We use the gold one.” the boy told Dean, with an air of importance.

 

Dean did not like this and their attitude, but went with it anyhow. Adam pressed for floor five and then it asked for their key card. The other boy showed him how, and the elevator moved. The doors opened, and he only saw two rooms.

 

“The rooms change up here, not sure what will become of it. Gabriel mated with a girl, and so did Raphael. And the top rooms over in their dorms are no longer in use. We will be the last two. How old are you anyway?” Adam asked Dean, wanting to get all the information from the boy.

 

“I’m sixteen,” Dean explained.

 

“I have one more year here. You will have the entire floor to yourself.” Sighed the boy like he wished he had that.

 

“It will be lonely,” Dean told Adam.

 

“Lonely! Dean, we control this place. Our angels run heaven, for the lord’s sake. Start acting like it, or when you get out of here, you won’t survive out in the actual world.”

 

It startled Dean at the bullshit that just came out of the older boy’s mouth. Did he think by acting like an idiot, like he ruled the world, he would be better than everyone because his mate was an archangel? Heaven was a long way to fall, and Adam had a very long way.

 

“You need permission to go into each other’s rooms, and my angel won’t give it. Press your key card in the door. Goodnight Dean, enjoy your water.”

 

“Yeah, goodnight Adam.” Dean continued to his door and rolled his eyes, making sure the other boy could not see him. He was going to be in big trouble, but it was worth it.

Notes:

Thank you for all your amazing comments xxx

Chapter 5: Teething troubles.

Summary:

Dean finds out a secret and runs away. Charlie and Anna help in there quest to find their new friend.

Chapter Text

Dean glanced around his room. There was a wooden crate for shoes and a broad brown coat rack. The floors were a warm lavender, to the pale blue walls, the contrast in vivid colours, assaulted Dean’s senses, but he liked them. There was an artificial light, but no windows, though it was bright. A wraparound couch snuggled the suite. There was no television, much to his chagrin. But there were stacks of books and games for his perusal.

 

Moving towards the second room, he discovered a medium size bedroom. There again were no window’s, but flush against the wall was a full white screen. There were controls on the side. Dean pressed them. There were several horizons scrolled along from New York to London. Though he realised it changed his wallpaper. Dean set it at on a rainforest, and an ambient sound of rainfall started.

 

‘I hope that doesn’t run all night.’

 

Again, the carpet was a vibrant burnt orange, and there were faint lights on the bedside table alongside an alarm clock. A walk-in closet had ample space for new clothes he wanted to examine later. But he became fatigued and the comfy bed, with its warm covers, looked tempting. Setting his water down, he went to peek in the last room.

 

Dean loved the space. It was not too big or unduly small, and unlike Adam, did not need luxury. Adam talked about his room as being large, but this was acceptable to him. The commander if he controlled the place had excellent taste.

 

Dean loved the shower; it had a narrow bench and large shower head. The entire bathroom had tiles. The walls shaped like bricks, the colour like the depths of the sea, the floor in a white and black honeycomb. There was a chrome warming heater for the fluffy white towels that were piled on the white counters — one washbasin and toilet in white. He snooped in the overhead cabinet and found wash items, plus a shaving kit.

 

Dean found night attire and had a quick wash. Only managing half the bottle of water. The forest sounds ceased, and he sighed. Switching off the fading light, he stumbled into a dreamless slumber.

 

There came a steady beeping noise that disturbed his slumber. Groaning, Dean searched around and realised it was the alarm clock. The numbers were stating it was precisely seven in the morning. Slapping the alarm, he slipped back under the covers. The alarm rang out repeatedly, moaning he got up and whacked it with his hand. Jumping out of his warm cocoon, yawning. Walking to the bathroom to pee and then deciding on a shower.

 

Rubbing his wet hair, the alarm went off again. Dean frowned and realised they must need him downstairs, so he dressed in jeans, tee-shirt and a hoodie. Grabbing his lanyard and shoes, he bolted out of the door.

 

“Dean, I’m sorry. I failed to tell you what time you needed to be down. And about the alarm clock.”

 

Dean yawned again, but smiled lazily at his new friend. “Fine, Charlie.”

 

They heard a commotion in the common area and shifted to discover a towering angel with dark skin, stroll in and look around.

 

“You think that’s for me?” Dean raised his eyebrow at his friend.

 

“Damn, yes, better walk over, Dean. We’re there for you, buddy,” Charlie said, grinning at her new friend.

 

Dean went over, and he heard people call out. “Go for it, Dean.” We’re here for you Dean.” The Omega grinned, not knowing these people but having their loyalty meant something.

 

“See you guys later.” Dean nodded and waved; the angel did not seem impressed.

 

“Come, we need to visit the commander.” the angel grunted in annoyance.

 

Dean rolled his eyes and strode past the desk, he came past last night, but Jace was not present. Dean recognised the direction, but when the angel deviated to the blue corridor, it was all new to Dean.

 

The angel knocked on the door and waited for the gruff ‘come in.’

 

“Commander, the human is here.”

 

Castiel raised his eyebrow but conveyed little. “Hello, Dean. Welcome.”

 

“Hey, Cas.” Dean smiled. Suddenly, the angel roughly shoved Dean against the wall. “Ouch,” Dean muttered, reaching for his head.

 

“You will grant the commander respect mud-monkey.” Growled the angel.

 

A strangled growl rang out, and Castiel pulled the angel from Dean’s grasp.

 

“Uriel, you have no right to touch my mate.” Castiel hissed, his aura glowing.

 

“You follow like a lamb Castiel, I thought you different.” Uriel spat.

 

“Following father’s orders is the respectful way, brother; he says we are to find human mates if we can’t find angelic.”

 

“You don’t even wish for a human mate, Castiel, so why bother?”

 

“It’s what father wants so I will comply. If you ever touch my mate again, brother, I will kill you.”

 

Castiel glowed, his eyes dark blue with grace. Dean edged to the open door. They petrified him. Once out of the room he, ran. When he was in the hall, he recognised the way to the lobby. Making sure Hannah or Pam was not around to spot him. Dean slipped in with other families milling near the exit. Slipping his lanyard into a garbage bin, he raced out. The family went left, and he continued right.

 

Dean ran away from all his problems. Castiel who did not want him, his dad, and the agency. He wanted to be free where someone would love and care for him. So, he continued running, not knowing where to flee, not knowing the direction. Away from all the pain, loss and sorrow that people brought him.

 

Castiel called for his garrison to carry Uriel away and put him in prison. First, he needed to deal with Dean. There came an urgent tapping on his door. He called for the person to enter, tracing his fingers through his thick black hair.

 

“Pam, what do you need?”

 

“Sorry to disturb you, Castiel, but Dean’s test results came back. We need him in the infirmary for some healing sessions. His blood levels are not satisfactory.”

 

“What! Dean ran off Pam, we must have scared him... I had to fight Uriel off him; I do not know where he went.”

 

“Let’s see if he returned to the human quarters first before we panic, Castiel.”

 

Castiel ran his fingers through his messed-up hair, again. “Yes, you’re correct. Dean’s never seen an alpha angel angry before. It could have spooked him, Pam.”

 

They strode rapidly towards the human part of the agency. It surprised Jace to see the doctor and the commander.

 

“Commander, doctor, how can I assist you?” Jace frowned, feeling slightly unsettled.

 

“Did Dean pass through here, Jace?”

 

“No, commander and I can’t reveal if he has his bracelet on either, his rooms not calibrated. We’ve issues with the computer again.”

 

“Darn, call Charlie, and I will contact Anna over angel radio. Did Charlie showed Dean around last night?”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

There was a whoosh of wings, and Anna stood next to him, looking genuinely concerned. “You called brother. Is Charlie, okay?”

 

“Sorry to trouble you, Anna, but I require a word with your mate. Charlie showed my Dean around last night; he’s my mate. I had hoped she would know a little; he’s gone missing.”

 

Anna’s eyes opened wide. “Chuck, yes, we can help.”

 

Charlie came through the doors and when she saw her mate, the commander and the doctor, it shocked her. “Am... Am I in trouble?” The redhead shook with emotion.

 

Anna went over to her mate and stuck her arm around her. “No, sweetheart, but we require your help. Commander Castiel’s worried about Dean; he’s gone missing.”

 

Castiel waved his hand, and a room appeared to materialise in the wall. They all stepped in and sat down.

 

“I know this must frighten you, Charlie, but I had hoped Dean may have mentioned something last night that would help,” Castiel asked kindly, not wanting to startle the poor Omega.

 

“Dean was hungry when he got in, so we made certain he ate. I told him about Adam, so he wanted to check him out to see if he was a snoop.”

 

“Um, we will deal with Adam don’t concern yourself, Charlie. Did Dean say anything that would make you think he wanted to leave?”

 

“It petrified me on my first day so I wanted to make him welcome. I don’t know him well, but we had become friends. I had no clue about his past, but sensed they had harmed Dean.” Castiel nodded, and Charlie sighed. “I know one thing: people underestimate Dean. He’s got brains, and if I know him, he will head right to the front door. Check in trash bins or plant pots for his lanyard.”

 

“You are certain, Charlie?” Castiel hurried the Omega now.

 

“Yes, sir, positive.”

 

“Thank you, Charlie, and you also Anna. Would you be most kind and check Dean’s room? We have a computer crash, and I have no idea if he’s got his bracelet on or if he consumed any water. The doctor here needs to take him to the infirmary.”

 

“We must hail a code yellow on this Castiel. We need to get Dean back,” Pamela stated resolutely.

 

“I will let Anna and Charlie up to Dean’s room. Then I will sound the alarm to get everybody back to their rooms.” Anna nodded at her brother, and Charlie bowed in respect.

 

“Let’s get to the front lobby, Pam. You best get back to the hospital and wait for news.”

 

“Yes, commander, I await your arrival.”

 

Castiel heard the angel alert sound and hoped that he would discover his mate quickly, that he was safe.

 

Anna and Charlie climbed into the elevators and took the temporary pass into Dean’s room. Let’s search in the bedroom; he’d not been in the sitting room.” Anna told her mate.

 

“Dean drank little water. Here’s his bracelet.”

 

There grew a shrill peep, and a robotic voice spoke. “All humans, please get back to your accommodations. This is not a drill. All humans back to your accommodations, repeat this is not a drill.”

 

“Get back before the elevators shut down,” Anna told Charlie. “I need to get to my brother before he tares his hair out.”

 

“Bring Dean back safe, Anna.”

 

“Castiel won’t let us down; we will find your friend.”

 

Anna hugged her mate, and sent her on her way, then ran down the corridor and at the human entrance flew to the lobby.

Chapter 6: Free Will

Summary:

Castiel's garrison hunt for Dean and find him. Castiel finds and helps Dean, with his demon problem.

Notes:

Thank you for your amazing comments.

Chapter Text

Castiel had flown to the lobby, where they accepted the new humans. Upon spotting Hannah, he hastily went over to her.

 

“Hannah, we have to lock this area down. Advise people to come back tomorrow. Those you’re already dealing with sort out, but we need all angels on the ground.”

 

“What’s going on Castiel?”

 

“Hannah, there was an incident this morning, Dean’s missing, and we suspect he left out of the front door.”

 

The younger angel closed her eyes, and all the surrounding angels stopped what they were working on. Suddenly there was a flurry of activity, and an alert was going, but purely so the angels could hear it.

 

Ten minutes had passed, and the entrance area was empty. Castiel stood, seeking his mate’s scent. Dean was far too young, but he faintly picked it up. They had not even mated. The older angel took scant notice of that, and his eyes landed on a garbage bin near the entrance. He stalked over to it and ripped off the lid, finding Dean’s lanyard.

 

Shouting orders in his native tongue. The angel ordered his garrison to search for Dean. Find the boy no matter what. John was out there and their enemy. Castiel clicked his fingers and was covered in armour. His pants were leather, and his ankle boots were brown. The angel had gold stars on his shoulder, denoting his leadership and rank, his trusty sword by his side. His four onyx wings sprouted from his back, and three golden halo’s shone so brilliantly they blinded even the angels that stood in the room.

 

“Commander, please bring him back safe,” Hannah whispered. The rest of the angels were on their knees in honour of the magnificent angel in front of them.

 

“I will, Hannah,” Castiel spoke in a gruff, determined voice.

 

“Brother, I brought Dean’s bracelet,” called Anna, her brilliant red hair bouncing on her shoulders as she sprinted towards Castiel.

 

Castiel smiled and clicked his fingers and it landed in his hand. “Thank you, sister.”

 

Castiel ran outside and took flight, searching for his Dean and tracing his faint scent.

 

Hannah stood next to Anna. “I feel for the person who touches Dean in the wrong manner or even looks. They judge our brother quiet and sweet.”

 

Anna grins at her sister. “It’s invariably the quiet ones you have to watch out for.” she giggled, “I think Dean is an excellent match for him. They’re both highly underestimated, and they will bring unique qualities to the table in their relationship.”

 

The angels nodded and stuck around for their brother to come back. They both knew when he appeared, he will have his mate in tow.

 

Castiel flew fast, but methodically, studying, viewing, searching, scenting.

 

“Commander, we discovered a child in an alleyway, by 3rd street. Demons surround him. What are our orders?”

 

“Is it Dean?” the angel asked of his garrison.

 

“Commander, we have no idea what he looks like...”

 

“It’s okay, Samandriel, wait. Take care of him either way. Send me your location.”

 

Castiel got the location, and he stood there, in the dank, dark alleyway, it was dripping with filth and ungodliness.

 

“Little boy, come with us. You stink of filth, but we can give you so much more.” One demon purred at his boy.

 

“Yes, join us, and we can offer you the world. One kiss will be all it takes.” The demons looked at each other and chortled.

 

His Dean stood still, tall and silent.

 

“What! Cats got your tongue, human?”

 

Dean just glowered at the four creatures, kept his back to the wall, trying to keep his breathing calm.

 

Castiel ordered his brothers and sisters to keep out of sight for the time being. Wanting to know what his mate would do in this situation.

 

One creature got closer to Dean and Castiel tensed. The seraph had his blade at the ready; his sword was singing its siren’s song.

 

Another demon flashed in and studies his kin. “What are you doing? Crowley will have all your heads; can’t you tell he stinks of an angel? He must be from the Angel Agency.”

 

“So, what! They should not have let him out if they did not want him tainted.” Spits the demon that was now next to Dean, her lips ruby red and her short hair dyed blond.

 

“The treaty says you cannot take an angel’s property. Crowley will slaughter you.” The demon vanishes and the others snicker.

 

“What the king does not find out about won’t bother him,” the other’s laugh, but it’s grating on Castiel and Dean’s last nerve.

 

“So, child, you want to play with those dicks with wings or come and play with the big boys? We can bring your mommy back, for you.”

 

Dean glances over now; his eyes narrowed, his fists clenched.

 

“Look, Lucy, you’ve nailed a tender spot.” chuckles one demon behind the red-lipped woman standing next to Dean.

 

“Aw, come on baby, come back with us, and we can show you who killed your mommy. Then when you kill them; you become one of us.”

 

Castiel watches all this, with curious eyes glued to Dean.

 

“You can bring my mom back? And help me kill the sick bastard that took her from me?” Dean asks the demon called Lucy, who was in charge.

 

“Yes, baby.” Lucy coos at him.

 

‘No, Dean, don’t believe them.’ If Dean wishes to leave, he can’t stop him. These are the rules he has free will, after all.

 

In a flash, Castiel sees Dean take the demon by the neck and slams her up against the wall. She’s laughing and tells the others to hold back. The elder angel flicks his wrist, and three members of his garrison now stand in silence behind the other three demons.

 

“What’re ya doing, baby? You’re a weak, foolish human.” 

 

Dean closes his eyes, and suddenly his grasp tightened. In Latin, he started an exorcism. His chant grew louder and stronger and the demon struggled, but Dean held firm.

 

The other demons try to assault him, but the angels have grabbed them. Castiel walks up to Dean and tries to communicate with him.

 

“Dean let her leave. We can sort this out,” Castiel tells him quietly.

 

Dean can’t hear him because he keeps mumbling the Latin. Smoke comes out of the creature’s mouth. The older angel watches and grabs the body. She’s still alive, and he’s never seen an exorcism that leaves the possessed person alive before. Castiel calls for his sister to take care of this wretched woman and get her to a hospital so he can help his mate.

 

Dean slips to the floor; it’s filthy and wet, but the boy just sobs. “She lied, dad, he killed my mom. Cas, I know, he did.”

 

“Oh, Dean, I’m sorry. Come, let’s get you out of this place.”

 

Castiel gathers him up, proud of how the young boy handled himself, and how he knew how to handle a demon. Would like to meet the person who taught him. It won’t be John, no, it would be someone who looked after the boy.

 

Castiel flies them back and takes him to the agency infirmary so that the healers can work with Dean. They strip him and put soft cotton pants and a t-shirt on him and place him in a hospital bed, in a room by himself. The older angel let Charlie and Anna visit, but that’s all for now.

 

“Pam, inform me when he’s awake, I need to talk to him, but only when he’s stronger. I need to advise Michael. Adam needs putting under scrutiny until we get both Charlie and Dean’s side of the story.”

 

“We will watch him Castiel, but he will require therapy and only morning school for now. He needs rest and some tender care.”

 

“See that he gets it. I need to sort my garrison out after what Uriel did.”

 

“Sure, Castiel.” The angel walks away, but Pam looks on with concern. The boy needs his angel, not strangers. But she can’t tell him that. He will have to find that out for himself.

Chapter 7: Care for me

Summary:

Deans in the hospital doing well and Anna and Charlie come to see him. The young boy gets upset when he finally sees Castiel.

Chapter Text

Dean’s feeling much stronger in himself. The Omega had not realised how fatigued he was and how his skin itched before the angels healed him.

 

“Hey, Dean.” grins Charlie, who entered the hospital room with her angel mate Anna.

 

“Hi, guys, glad you’re here.” Dean smiles, happy to see them both.

 

“There discharging you today, Dean,” Anna tells the young boy.

 

“Will I see Cas then?” Dean looks up with anticipation in his jade-green eyes.

 

“Castiel’s not been in then?” Charlie asks, shocked.

 

“No, unavailable, so they informed me. Guess I will have to become use to that,” Dean tries to limit the sting from his statement, but he knows he fails when the two women glance at each other with sorrow in their eyes.

 

Anna shakes her head, but conveys nothing about her brother. The younger angel was not at all happy with him. Leader or not, his mate should come first. If it were Charlie in this bed, she would be by her side continually.

 

“Take it easy, Dean. We have brought your schedule, so read over it. It’s strict, but they feel it will benefit you for a while. Once you feel better, they'll relax it.” Anna tells Dean, hoping he will stick with the plan and not act out.

 

“Okay, I don’t mind. At least I will have something to occupy my days. I have weekends to myself. I know you guys go out, but we can hang out?” Dean said hopefully.

 

“Yes, of course. I have to teach you our ways.” Charlie chuckled, and Anna rolls her eyes.

 

“Like what?” laughed Dean.

 

“I need to know if you like Star Wars or Star Trek and Harry Potter for starters.” the redhead points out.

 

Dean brightens up. He goes on about Doctor Who and Harry Potter and what house Pottermore had arranged for him. (Dean, Slytherin, and Charlie was Ravenclaw).

  

“I should have guessed why you two became friends.” laughed Anna, looking warmly at the friends. The angel smiled at the two humans. It was the first time her mate had found a genuine friend. Dean would be in her life for a long time. She could tell that now.

 

Pam wandered in and said hello to them all. “Dean needs his therapy session. But if you would like to take him back home, you’re welcome to after lunch. In a wheelchair, though, no walking yet.”

 

“Can we, Anna?” Charlie asked her mate, jumping up and down in excitement.

 

“Yes, fine, but you catch up on any work you miss.” she points sternly at her mate.

 

Charlie jumps on the angel and smothers her with a kiss. “Get off.” Anna giggles. “I will pick you up, and we can get Dean. See you later, Dean. Be good.”

 

“Bye, Dean, we will pick you up after lunch. That’s okay, Doc Pam?”

 

“Yes, he will be ready then, Charlie. You have made good friends their Dean,” Pam tells the Omega.

 

“Yeah, never had friends before. It’s nice.”

 

“Okay, let’s take you to your session with Ruth. Your chariot awaits.”

 

Dean gets into the chair, and Pam makes car noises, and he snickered at her childish antics.

 

Dean sees Castiel and Michael after his therapy session. They had interviewed Charlie and some other humans and have viewed the tapes. The angels desire to hear Dean’s side of the story.

 

Dean feels irritated after all that’s happened. They talk about that little snitch, Adam. Castiel’s not asked once about him. So, Dean tells them everything. Though he’s not even bothered about his disobedience.  

 

“Dean, thank you. I apologise for what Adam has put you and your fellow humans through,” Michael says, obviously frustrated with his mate.

 

“Can I talk about this elevator issue? The gold for us and the silver for them. Why is that? The bible teaches us that everybody is equal.” (He’s not read the book, but heard stuff about it and wants to impress the angels.) “I know you guys are high-up in the ranking, but why should we have preferential treatment? I get respect; I don’t appreciate this us and them attitude.” Dean rants at the two angels who beam at each other.

 

“I will talk to Adam and let you deal with this; he’s a swift learner, Castiel.”

 

The archangel leaves, and Dean’s left puzzled. “We set all levels of tasks for our mates; they can’t move on until they have fulfilled them. You’re the first in the higher ranks to have achieved level one.”

 

“How did I achieve that?” questions Dean, intrigued.

 

“Here in the agency setting, tasks are a little simpler. We have to accommodate outside. The task involves the elevator. Top rank mates have a golden elevator, thinking they have more entitlement. If our mates speak of it in a manner like you have, Dean, you pass.”

 

“That everybody is equal?” enquiries Dean.

 

“They are, but the ranks are respected, and they have their place. With an archangel, I would regard them differently to lower ranks, but not inadequately, but with that level of respect they deserve. They are different procedures to greet them.”

 

“Is that why you were livid at that angel who was going to hit me?”

 

“No, Dean. We protect our mates at all costs. Any angel of any rank could kill to protect their mate. Father loved you humans and stated that we should take you for mates. If we did not encounter an angel mate.”

 

“You never wanted a human mate, though, did you?” Dean asks the angel, peering into cornflower blue eyes.

 

Castiel opened his mouth and closed it, his cheeks going crimson. “You passed the first task, say nothing to Adam. Please take care of yourself this time around.”

 

Dean stared at the blue-eyed angel. No reprimand, no telling him to stick to the schedule, no asking him if he was okay. Can I leave now, sir?” Dean asked, knowing this angel did not want him. What was the point in following any orders? No one cared about him, and no one ever would.

 

“Yes, of course. Can you get back in the chair?”

 

“Yes, I can use my arms,” Dean mutters sarcastically. The Omega opened the door and wheeled his way back to his room.

 

Checking his list again, Dean notices he has therapy on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He had no school on these days. He had a class on Tuesday and Thursday of his choosing. Still, on a light diet and healing from Pam on a Saturday or a check-up. The rest was free time. His bedtime started at nine, but he was not sticking to that. Would venture up when he wished to. No one would check up on him, anyway.

 

After lunch, Anna and Charlie appeared to pick him up, and they talked about what movie they could watch that night. They instructed Dean to stay in the chair for a couple of weeks. He could push himself, and Charlie said she would help. Pam had told him the intense healing took it out of the human body. Even if he were half-angel, that part would not come to the surface just yet.

 

Dean felt much better when he got back. Adam kept out of everybody’s way, and they heard he was under massive restriction and on his best behaviour.

Chapter 8: Lessons and plans

Summary:

Dean finally gets sorted with lessons. Meeting Charlie, he happens upon some new kids and gets help from Adam.

Notes:

Note: This does contain bullying but nothing graphic.

Chapter Text

 A month passed by, and Dean was out of the chair. Pam informed the Omega he could eat healthy, but regular food. To drink plenty and take life easily, Dean had yet to choose his classes. The agency had let him off because of how he felt, but had encouraged him to get back to class.

 

Dean went up to the information desk where a short man stood, speaking to Hael. Dean stood near the desk waiting; not wishing to interrupt. Realising they were speaking in Enochian, tuning into their conversation. The shorter man was telling the other angel a somewhat rude joke.

 

The angels thinking no human was that advanced in their language; ignored those around them. The younger boy had to laugh when the man with honey eyes finished his joke.

 

“Dude, wow,” Dean giggled, not holding back.

 

Both angels turned to Dean, open-mouthed. Blushing, realising a student had heard and understood. The boy was underage and it could get them in trouble.

 

“We’re very sorry. I had no clue you know our language; that was remiss of me,” Hael said babbling, looking at the youngster’s badge and then the computer screen and her eyes becoming large. “Your Castiel’s mate?”

 

Dean snorted. “No way would he get that; he has a stick up his ass.”

 

Hael looked shocked, but nodded her head. The other angel laughed and agreed.

 

“Yeah, Cassie never got jokes; stuck in his limited world. My name’s Gabriel, sorry never introduced myself.” The man held out his hand to the boy next to him.

 

“Nice to meet you, dude. So, Charlie tells me you take an Enochian class. They’re kicking my ass to take something on a Tuesday and Thursday morning.”

 

Gabriel experienced a lot of different ways people took his name. Shock, panicked, some ran screaming. This boy treated him like any other person. Respected him, yes, but treated him like he was real, and he liked that.

 

“What’s your name kiddo?”

 

“Oh, sorry, it’s Dean Winchester, sir.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Deano.” the archangel winked at him and he gestured to Hael. “I want this young man to join my class on Tuesday and Thursday. Put his name down; times and rooms, please, sister.”

 

“Sure, Gabe, I can.” Hael began tapping away at the keyboard.

 

Gabriel stuck a sucker in his mouth. “Sorry about the joke, though. I like you, Dean, some exams coming your way to catch what level you’re at. Some easy, some hard. You up for that?” Gabriel eyed the boy shrewdly.

 

“Yes, sir. I need help, uncertain where I’m at truthfully.”

 

“Good, see you on Tuesday,” the angel walked off, and Dean smiled.

 

“Dean, this is your program with Gabriel. Don’t let the calm attitude fool you. He can be a hardass, with classes, and don’t be late.”

 

“Thanks, Hael, that’s kind of you.”

 

“You’re welcome, Dean. There are few advanced humans like you. It fits with my brother’s status, though. Well, good for you.”

 

Dean nodded and continued up to his room. Once there, he pinned the program up with tape so he could look at it. Drinking water (only because he wanted to), he sat down. There was not much to do before Charlie got out of class.

 

When Dean rushed to meet Charlie for lunch; Hael had gone as she only working in the morning. There was a commotion by the library; he saw Charlie and Adam by the library doors, not sounding happy. From the looks of it, they were being tormented by three new kids. Dean was positive about it because he had no clue who they were.

 

“What’s going on?” questioned Dean. Some others who hated Adam watched on. It pissed Dean off because it looked like these kids were calling them names and pushing Adam and Charlie. Bullying was a no go in his book, no matter who you are.

 

“Dean, it’s okay, leave,” Adam said, taking care of the Omega.

 

It puzzled the Omega why Adam was protecting him. Charlie looked over at the boy, and something in her eyes became determined. “Leave Adam alone and don’t dare touch me again.”

 

“Or what? Will you inform your mate’s baby? Like they will do much.” The boy sneered being menacing.

 

"Mates might not, but I will,” Dean said, pushing through the three boys. “You have no right to touch someone without their consent.” Dean glanced down and saw torn pages out of a tatty book on the floor. “What the hell! Did you rip books up now?”

 

“They took the book I was reading.” sniffed Adam, upset. “Michael gave it to me.”

 

 Dean knew that book might be rubbish, but his mate had given it to him. That meant something to the older boy. With everything that had been going on, Adam must have felt kind of lonely. He understood what that felt like.

 

“You took it and ripped that up? It was a gift, you dick.” Dean pushed the bully down onto the floor. “Leave my friend’s alone, that’s your only warning.”

 

“You picked on the wrong person, Winchester.” they sneered.

 

‘So, the dicks knew him; the enemy was at the door.’ The Omega thought. Dragging Adam and his best friend into the library, he waited, but they did not come after them.

  

“Fuck, shit.” Dean hits the door with his fist.

 

“What’s up?” asked Adam timidly.

 

“Adam, I don’t have a clue if I can trust you,” whispered Dean, closing his eyes.

 

“Lord, Dean, I’m sorry. I realised I was doing this all wrong. Shit, I thought if I were the top dog, Michael would notice me. And the only time I got his attention…”

 

“Was when you did something bad?” Charlie finished for him.

 

Adam wiped his eyes and nodded.

 

“Adam, why did you not tell us? Now everyone hates you,” grumbled Dean, shocked at the admission.

 

“I know. So, does Michael and the only thing he brought me was that book? I don’t like the content of the book, but I treasure it.”

 

“Tell him that. What you told me.” Dean told the older boy.

 

“I will Dean, thank you, but I think those boys, they’re not-” Adam looked at the door again, not sure how to convey his thoughts.

 

“Listen to me both of you, there the enemy. They will put all the others against me. You don’t have to stick by me, but they will try to divide us, put me in the corner and then strike. I can’t go to Castiel, he won’t care. They will count on that. I think Uriel’s got something to do with this and those demons I found in the alleyway.” Dean told his friends.

 

“How can I help?” Charlie muttered, shocked and worried.

 

“You don’t have to be involved,” Dean told the redhead.

 

“Dean, you don’t get it; Adam and I are in our last year or a little longer if we drag it out. Then you’re on your own. It bothers Castiel. He thinks the world of you, but has no concept of a human mate.”

 

“Charlie, he’s told me twice he was forced to mate with me. He does not want me, sweetie,” Dean told his friend the truth, the hurt still sinking into his bones.

 

“What! He said that to you?” Adam and Charlie looked on with horror.

 

“Yeah, please don’t look at me with pity. Charlie, is there a way out of this place? I need to get to my Uncle Bobby’s and find Crowley. I have to see if my little brother is okay. Find a place to live.” ‘Find who killed my mom.’ He thought,

 

“What! You can’t. He’s the King of hell.” Hissed Adam, stepping back a little in shock.

 

“Who I have met before. Like you say, we don’t have long left.”

 

“I know a way out. Follow me into the garden, in ten minutes past the bridge.” Adam told the green-eyed boy.

 

“Okay, I will.” nods Dean.

 

“They will wonder why the cameras are not working. We will meet in here at different times. I will send a note to you both. You have your phones?” Charlie asked the boys.

 

The boy’s nod and swap numbers. “Good, now Adam, you sit down, and Dean up into the stacks, so they won’t notice.”

 

Charlie gets a little black box out and shows the boys. “It blocks the signal; I think this will be our safe place.”

 

Ten minutes later, Adam gets up and walks out of the door. Dean monitors the time and ten minutes later strolls into the garden.

 

The garden was empty. Dean could hear the soft trickle of water. Tall trees towered up high into the brilliant bright blue forget-me-not sky. The scent of flowers fills his nose full of perfume. Dean walks over a bamboo bridge. A crooked pond beneath, and fish’s swim to the surface catching flies.

 

Dean spots Adam near a group of bushy trees and the boy waves. The older boy climbs between them, and Dean follows. On the other side is a rotten fence. Adam moves the fence, and the older boy jumps through. On the other side was a dusty road. It’s quiet, and does not have much traffic moving along it.

 

Adam stands next to the road and appraises the boy next to him. “Okay, that grey post with the red sticker about world peace. That’s your marker. If you walk over the road, and through the woods; it brings you out to the main road. You can walk around the town if you wish.” 

 

Adam crosses the minor road with Dean by his side. The path maintained, and the wood sparse. Dean can hear the rumble of traffic from here. Adam points to a yellow salt-can that looks broken.

 

“I put my clothes in there. A hoodie and coat in case it’s cold, and don’t want to be seen. We would be in trouble; well, more so now we have dicks on our trail.”

 

“Yeah, I see that.” sighs Dean.

 

“Just use my stuff or put your own out here. We can swap them.”

 

“Sure, I can do that.”

 

Adam seems a little uneasy. “I want to say sorry for how I was.”

 

“Hey, I get it, but no more shit like that. Deal?” Dean holds his hand out, and Adam smiles and shakes his hand.

 

“Come on, we best get back.”

 

The boys go through the fence and make sure it’s put back; they check the garden. When no one is about, they come out of the bush that’s hidden by the trees. The boys split up after, and Dean goes and gets his water for the night. There is no water there, and he can’t find Mertha. Then he hears laughter, and the dicks have his drink. Shaking his head; who cares anyway?

 

Meeting Charlie in the games room, they play until midnight, and they go up to bed. Adam is not about, but Dean goes by himself, knowing war had broken out.

Chapter 9: Looking ahead

Summary:

Dean gets help from an older boy at the agency. Dean, Charlie and Adam plan names for the angels. Dean starts more lessons and starts work outside the agency to get money to find his family.

Chapter Text

Charlie and Adam meet jointly and pick up extra food for Dean. Still, on light meals, the poor boy was hungry and ate off their plates. No one stops them, so they continue. Adam was still on restrictions not allowed desserts, but confesses to his new friends he’s not got a sweet tooth and would do anything for cheese or bread.

 

“You would assume that by now Micky would know that,” Dean suggested to the older boy.

 

The other two looked shocked for a moment at the nickname for the archangel and burst into giggles.

 

“I think we need code names,” Adam tells his friends. “They can mind read, so if we want to talk about our angels- “

 

“Oh, good idea, let me. Say nothing else.” Charlie’s eyes are bright with mischief.

 

Dean continues to his first lesson and met with Enochian tests. Not saying a word, he diligently spends the next hour working through them. When class is out, he retires for a lay-down, his head thumping with overuse. Falling asleep and missing lunch entirely.

 

Dean hears the ding of his phone and checks for a message.

 

 

Text from RedMeet in the lbr @ 6.

 

 

Dean ambles down to the lower levels and into the coffee shop to find his friends. Not seeing them, he orders orange juice and water. An Asian boy with black hair sits down next to him and smiles.

 

“Hey, my name’s Kevin. I gather you’re having issues with specific people?”

 

“Yeah, you could say that.” Dean sighs, but grins at the older boy.

 

“I leave soon, Dean, but want to give you something. You any good with computers?”

 

“Not too bad at them,” replies Dean.

 

“Give me your phone. There are codes I want to give you. The angels can’t crack them.” Kevin fiddles with the phone. “The app installed can decode your lanyard; you can reprogram your timetable, food, just about anything. Don’t get caught.”

 

“Why are you helping me, dude?” asked the younger boy in wonderment.

 

“I think you’re going to need it.” Kevin gets up, winks, and shuffles away.

 

Dean feels amazing, glad someone else wants to help him. He goes to the food hall at five and then by six makes it to the library unnoticed. Adam and Charlie are waiting for him.

 

“I brought food for you. Hide it under your jumper when you leave,” Adam whispers.

 

Dean nods his thanks. “I need to get my hands on a computer, need one in my room.”

 

“They can identify if we have equipment like that. It will flag on the system. Even Anna, as access to the sites I access, you must be careful.” Charlie tells her friend. “I have a spare. I can get it now, and it’s an iPad. I can switch the censors off for your room.”

 

“Won’t they notice though?” frowns Adam, in concern.

 

Charlie sighs. “The commander has gone on a trip to heaven, no clue when he’s back, there is no one to notice.”

 

Dean shakes his head. “Makes it easier for me then.”

 

“Are you still going to do what you told me, Dean?” Adam asks.

 

“Go to my uncles? Yes, but not yet. I will remain here until you guys leave. I need money and a safe place to stay. That’s where you will come in. That’s if you will help me?”

 

Adam sits up straighter. “Yes, we both will, but it depends where we move after graduation. We will do our best for you.”

 

“I never considered that. Thanks anyhow. If I keep my head down now, they won’t suspect me. I need to get stronger and feed myself up.”

 

“I agree. You look half-starved still. Well, I have the code names.” Charlie tells them. “Gabriel will be Loki because he’s a tricky one, so watch out for him. The commander is Thanos and Michael is Batman.”

 

Dean blinks at his friend. “Cas is a baddie?”

 

“Wow,” says Adam, “He absolutely won’t get that reference.” They all laugh.

 

“Then maybe he should have been around for Dean. I assumed he cared, but I was wrong. Anna said he should have been in the hospital. She was not pleased.”

 

“Charlie, it’s ok, I’m away from my dad. I read some books. They say I have this ‘Free Will’ that I can choose. I don’t have to mate Castiel.”

 

“That’s why you want to see your uncle? I get that, but why Hades?” Grinned Adam, coming up with a name for Crowley.

 

“I want to know why they came after me in the alley; they said some stuff about mom.”

 

“Oh, I get it. Just be careful,” Adam told his new friend.

 

“I will try my best. Okay, I need to go to my room, eat and then sort this computer out.”

 

Charlie nodded. “I will flip the switch. Let me get the computer.”

 

Twenty minutes after Charlie had gone, she did not look happy when she came back. “The parasite squad is about. Let’s walk you to the elevators.”

 

“What about you guys?” Dean asked worriedly.

 

“I need a word with Michael don’t worry, it’s our turn to protect you. Get better and stronger. I have some exercise equipment in my room. Just don’t get caught getting it.”

 

“Thanks, Adam,” Dean told the older boy.

 

“Let’s face the music and dance.” giggled Charlie off tune.

 

Dean puts the computer and food up his jumper and half in his jeans. They raced to the elevators and got serenaded with slurs. They made certain he made it to his destination. Charlie and Adam turned and knew for sure they were in an entire load of trouble.

 

Dean went upstairs; he reprogrammed his key card he could pop into Adam’s room undetected. The room was larger and had a fitness area, but that was the sole difference. The Omega grabbed some weights—they would do for now. He pushed the weights to the back of a chair so that no one could find them. Dean grabbed a shower and sat and read for a while.

 

Later that night, Dean worked on the iPad, assessing the codes to all the building’s cameras. He switched the ones off in his room Dean checked the pre-recorded camera feeds, he sees the bullies threatening Adam and Charlie. The time they took his water and the other times they aggravated them. Also catching several meetings between them and an angel he did not recognise. He stored the data on a USB stick Kevin had given him.

 

Dean then got ready for bed, feeling better. He had evidence and a way to escape when he needed to. Needing to get some money was a priority, but he was not positive how he could achieve that.

 

A sudden notion struck the boy. No one inquired where he was. It was normal for him to come back to his room for a couple of hours. So, he could sneak out and perform some jobs around the town, and no one would have an inkling. Dean had a bank account that his uncle had set up for him. It had little in it, but he could build it up.

 

Dean also changed his food allowance; made clear he could eat anything. Castiel put a restriction on dessert and candy, but he had taken that off. The angel was not interested in him, so who was he to say what he could or could not eat?

 

 

XXXXX

 

 

Dean started sneaking out, doing odd jobs around the neighbourhood. He also found a different location to stash clothes in case something happened to Adam. Dean also thought about getting a bag and buying items for his travels, but not yet had time.

 

Dean decided he was ready for more lessons and found Hael at her desk. He chose math, English, Myth and Legend and Angel studies with his Enochian. Hael passed him his timetable with no arguing, and the young boy was pleased. The Omega had free time around his lessons to do his outside jobs.

 

Dean’s first lesson on Monday was math, with a dark skin angel called Victorrie, but everybody called him Victor. The teacher gave him tests, finding he was at a college level, which pleased him. The next class was English. This time he did age-appropriate work, and they started on ‘Macbeth’. Then it was a free period, lunch, then myth and legend. The class was with a dotty angel called Francis, who was funny, but knew their subject, and the Omega wished the class was lengthier than an hour.

 

Tuesday was Enochian in the morning, and the rest of the time Dean worked outside. Painting a shed for a little girl’s playhouse. He paints flowers and grass around the edge, and she hugs him and gives him a sucker.

 

Wednesday is angel studies, which last the entire morning. Florence is stern but kind and Dean’s given unique work because of Castiel’s rank. It’s hard, but he likes it and studies hard. They had homework for this class. They had to find five things about their angel they can’t learn on the Internet. That’s easy, think’s Dean. 1. Castiel has black wings, not white as it specifies. 2. Castiel is bossy. 3. Castiel can be a badass. 4. Everyone seems terrified of him and follows his orders more than archangel Michael. 5. Castiel likes bees because he’s always wearing bees on his socks. (Even in battle uniform.) When he hands the work in on Friday, there is a flicker of a smile from Florence, and she tells Dean he has top marks.

 

Gabriel speaks to Dean the next Thursday about his results.

 

“Dean, sorry we’ve not spoken before now. A load’s going on up there.” The angel points toward the ceiling.

 

“That’s okay, Gabriel.” Dean nods in understanding.

 

“Dean, you’ve got a tremendous knowledge of Enochian. I want to work with you myself, one to one. I realise you require more than just what I teach in the classroom; you’re far more advanced than any student I have ever taught. I want you to carry on Tuesday’s class so I can help you with spelling and grammar. Each month I will give you a project to write about to help you build on your knowledge. On Friday afternoon, I can teach you up here after lunch for an hour or two.”

 

“That will be great, Gabriel. Thank you for that.”

 

“No worry’s kiddo, it gives you Thursdays to work on the projects I give you and if you need me for any help, you know I’m around that day.”

 

“Sure, that’s great.”

 

“You can go now, but come next Tuesday, and we will begin. I need to get my lesson plans done for you.”

 

Dean got up and shakes the angel’s hand and leaves. The Omega goes to his room and works on his body, building up his endurance. He meets Charlie and Adam for lunch, telling his friends about his day.

 

“So,” Dean said, munching on a juicy burger, which was not on his meal plan, but there was no one to stop him. “Anything new with you two?”

 

Adam played with his salad and sighed. “I gotta go with Michael to this dance. It’s this weekend.”

 

“You’re not looking forward to it?” Charlie asked, worried.

 

“No, not really.” Adam shrugged.

 

“Adam, talk to him. This has gone on far too long. He can’t keep treating you like this. I know you made mistakes, but it was partially because of how he was acting.” Dean told his friend.

 

“Your one to talk,” mumbled Adam.

 

Dean puts his arm around the other boys. “If Cas were here, I would tell him. Talk to him; this shit’s not fair on you.”

 

Adam sat straighter and nodded. “You’re right, I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be. At least you can fix this.”

 

“Anna wants to live on the coast.” Charlie blurted out.

 

“What!” both boys turned to the redhead girl.

 

“Anna got a job. I can’t tell you what, not that I know much myself.”

 

“Something to do with Cas then?” Dean squinted.

 

Charlie just shrugged and remained quiet. “It’s okay Char, I won’t ask, not fair to you,” Dean told his friend.

 

“It means I can’t help you, Dean, when I leave, and that’s not long now.”

 

“You can come to visit, though?”

 

“Sure, Anna promised. Plus, we can keep in touch via text and computer.” Charlie whispered and looked around, making sure no one could hear her.

 

“How long before you leave Red?” Adam asked his friend.

 

“A month. I would bet a little earlier than you.”

 

“I guess I will find out this weekend where I’m going. There are only a couple of months left. Most people are finishing unless they had to stay for other reasons.”

 

Dean pushed his burger away, suddenly losing his appetite. “I’m going to miss you guys. I can’t believe I have two years left of this.”

 

“Let’s play in the computer room,” suggested Charlie. “The winged monkeys are not around, so let’s have fun while we can.”

 

Adam and Charlie pulled Dean up, and they went on their way.

Chapter 10: Odd jobs

Summary:

Dean does some jobs and meets an old man whos lonely. The old man's neighbour saves him from a fall and gives him another job. But who is this neighbour that saved Dean?

Chapter Text

With Charlie and Adam gone for the weekend, Dean was lonesome, so he sneaked out. The bullies were throwing food in the canteen, and Mertha was giving them a telling off. Getting outside was easy, and he continued to his spot and changed. He was just a sixteen-year-old boy doing odd jobs for pocket money, after all. The weather was turning cooler, and winter would speedily be there.

 

The angels, curiously enough, did not observe Christmas, but had their own festivals. Around the same time was the Feast of East. It was a time for celebration among all angels’ ranks, parties where held, candlelight services and gifts passed around nest-mates. It was about family bonding and love for each other. He would be a year older and one year closer to leaving the agency, that’s all Dean cared about.

 

Dean stared at the crumpled note that was tucked in his pocket and knocked on the door. An old man opened it. He had wizened skin and walked with a frame.

 

“I’ve come about the garden job, sir,”

 

“That’s brilliant son, the tools are in the shed, the keys here.” the man picked a set of keys up from a table by the front door. The man seemed to wobble, and Dean stepped forward.

 

“Here, let me help you.” Dean helped the man back inside, got him a cup of tea and some cake. Dean made certain he had everything within reach.

 

“I will pop back in again, check if you’re okay sir,” Dean told him.

 

“Call me Cal.”

 

“Okay, Cal, rest, okay. Is there anybody I can call?”

 

“No, son.” the old man looked sadly at the suggestion.

 

Dean raked up fallen leaves out in the back garden. The guttering was hanging off, and the boy knew he had to fix that, or he would have issues later on if the weather turned worse. Dean found and got out a ramshackle ladder. In one hand, he had a bucket to clean any blockage; he wanted to see if he could fix it. Dean worked around the house, cleaning the muck out.

 

Dean got tools from the shed. He climbed the ladder again. This time, the ladder wobbled, and it seemed to slip.

 

“Steady son.” A man called from below. “Let me get up there. Not a job for a young boy like you.”

 

Dean came down and wiped his forehead, a little spooked. “Thank you, sir; you saved me. I was helping Cal out.”

 

“I was watching you. If you come again, borrow my ladder. I’m next door. You can’t miss it, the one with the angel statue in the garden.”

 

“Thanks, sir.”

 

“So, what were you doing at Cal’s, anyway?” 

 

“I wanted a job; I need money to visit my uncle. My folks have little, so I told them I would work for it.” Dean hated to lie, but he could not reveal the truth. “I won’t be taking anything from Cal, though. I will visit him. He seems lonely.”

 

The next-door neighbour stared at him and smiled. “You’re a good boy, child. If you can come next weekend, I will have some jobs for you.”

 

“Really? That would be awesome. I’ll go see if Cal needs some lunch.” Dean left the neighbour to his own devices.

 

The man watched as Dean shot inside, and his eyes flashed blue as he mended the gutters with one thought. He fixed the ladder and put it away in the shed. Keeping the boy safe was not against any rules, after all.

Chapter 11: Don't look back in anger

Summary:

Dean gets back from helping Cal and bumps into his tormentors. Are Adam and Charlie hiding something from him? Dean sees them talk to an angel he's seen talking to his tormentors.

Notes:

Warning (Bullying, Dean gets hit by his tormentors.)

Chapter Text

Mr Rogers, Cals next-door neighbour, had further work for him the next weekend, so Dean was pleased. His body throbbed with all the jobs done that day. The senior man insisted on giving him $20 for his trouble, but he felt wrong taking it. When he got back, he grabbed a shower and went into the shrine of charity. Dean left the $20, knowing good would come from it. Coming back up, he rolled his eyes and saw Joel and Raz, two of his tormentors.

 

“Winchester, you’ve been missing all morning. Where have you been?” Joel sneered at him.

 

“None of your business.” he rumbled, turning aside from them. Dean pushed past, but Joel grabbed him and pushed him into the wall.

 

“We’re bored Winchester; we want to play.” Raz hissed at him.

 

“Well, play with yourself, then. You may find your brain down there while you’re at it.” Dean laughed at his joke.

 

The two boys got more punches in, and Dean guessed it would be wise not to offend them anymore.

 

Dean hobbled up to the hospital to meet Pam. The doctor wanted to check if he was doing okay.

 

“Hey, Dean, how are you doing, sweetie?” The bubbly doctor asked.

 

“Fine Pam.” Dean winced as she poked and prodded him.

 

“What’s that? Shirt off, buddy.” Pam’s eyes grew at the blossoming bruise on his torso and arms. “Ok, talk. What the heck happened?”

 

“I fell,” Dean said, not looking the angel in the face.

 

The doctor put her hand against the bruise and narrowed her eyes. “What on a hand or fist? Who the hell did this to you, Dean?”

 

The young boy sighed and put his shirt back on, the chill in the room making him shiver. “I’m fine, Pam; leave it.”

 

“I can’t just leave it, sweetheart. This needs reporting to your mate.”

 

Dean’s jade green eyes flashed with anger. “Castiel does not give a damn about me, Pam, so don’t bother. Now, are you done? I have homework.”

 

Sensing she would get nothing else out of the Omega, she nodded. “Let me heal you first, before you leave.”

 

“That would be great,” Dean grunted in pain.

 

Dean sensed the warm tingle of grace pass through him and felt better immediately. Thanking the doctor, he left with instructions to rest.

 

Dean searched for his friends, but hid behind a plant pot, seeing Adam and Charlie talking to a male angel. After the bullying incident, he was insecure and wondered what the hell they were doing. The Omega was sure he’d seen this angel talk to his tormentors before; he could not place the time.

 

Charlie and Adam, we’re searching like they were looking for someone. The angel, who was about six foot with long brown hair that curled around his shoulders, was passing on some information to his friends. The angel left, and the two companions went to sit down. Dean sneaked over, moving out of his hiding place.

 

“Hey, guys, when did you get back? What have you been up to?” Dean asked his friends.

 

“Not too long ago. We just came from the movies.”

 

“What did you watch?” Dean asked them.

 

“Transylvania three.” Adam smiled.

 

“Any good?”

 

“Was okay. The movie theatre is having a superhero’s week, this coming week, so looking forward to that.” Charlie grinned and clapped her hands.

 

“Yeah, it sounds awesome.”

 

There was no mention of the angel. Charlie kept giving Adam strange glances, so Dean knew there was something wrong. How could he trust them if they were hiding stuff from him? He listened to them talk and let it wash over him, trying to come up with some explanation for their strange behaviour.

 

Dean went to bed early. His head hurt, and he just wanted to sleep and tell the world to stop for a while.

Chapter 12: Lay down low

Summary:

Dean finds out about the mystery angel, that's been hanging around the agency. They get ready for the upcoming graduation.

Chapter Text

Dean avoided his friends. He had completed his homework, preferring to accomplish that in his room. He went down into the common area, Dean saw the angel again speaking to Joel, Raz, and Zad. They did not seem overly happy.

 

“Hi Dean, why are you avoiding us?” Charlie asked, parking her ass down in a bright pink bean bag.

 

“I’m not,” Dean told her, rolling his eyes.

 

“You’re sulking. Is this about Castiel?”

 

Dean snorted and shook his head. “No, it’s just; why are you lying to me?”

 

“What! I don’t?” spluttered an indignant Charlie.

 

“You both are. I’ve watched you talk to that angel that’s been hanging around. He’s been speaking to my tormentors as well.”

 

Charlie groaned and closed her eyes. “That’s Camael, he’s cherubim, Dean. You know, one below Castiel’s rank. Anna informed me. I can’t give too much away.”

 

“What can’t you give away?” Adam asked, sitting down next to his friends.

 

Charlie’s green eyes flashed open and searched for Adam. “Deans worried we were talking to Cam.”

 

“Oh, I told Batman about you. I was anxious about your safety. I honestly did not think he would listen. He sent Cam to monitor you. I doubt you will have any further issues with the bullies.”

 

It shocked, Dean that Adam had spoken with Michael after the issues they had.

 

“Anna agreed with Batman that we all need watching over. Cam will stay until you leave Dean.” Charlie told the younger boy.

 

Dean felt tears prickle the back of his eyes. It seemed strange that Charlie had said she could not talk about it, but let the matter drop. How could he even think that his friends would betray his trust? With a thick voice, Dean managed a thank you.

 

Joel, Zad and Raz kept out of their way, but gave them scathing sneers. Cam was constantly around, and Dean felt somewhat safer than he had done.

 

Dean went up to his Tuesday lessons, he went to Gabriel’s room. There was a heated argument in Enochian coming from the classroom, standing outside, not positive about what he should do.

 

“They beat him up. Pam had to heal him, and you did nothing.” bellows Gabriel.

 

“I’m not allowed. We sent someone down there to look after Dean. That’s all I can manage, for now, brother.”

 

“He feels rejected; this will end badly mark my words Castiel.”

 

“Leave it, Gabriel. He will be fine. I have to get back to Heaven.”

 

Dean heard a whoosh of wings, and he opened the door. The archangel’s shoulders slumped, and he looked dejected.

 

“I tried kiddo.” the angel whispered.

 

“I know.” Dean stepped into the classroom and sat by the angel.

 

“Tell me another joke; he would hate that.” grinned Dean, peering into whiskey brown eyes.

 

The archangel laughed. “Sure thing, let me start with this one…”

 

By the time the class was over, they were firm friends.

 

Dean found Charlie and Adam perched on a table with some other Omegas colouring a banner for the upcoming graduation. Cam was in the thick of it, delegating tasks to each angel’s mate.

 

They spent much of the evening eating hot buttery popcorn and candy supplied by Mertha. Making the common area look wonderful for the ceremony. They established a large stage by the far wall and chairs in a semicircle. Dean decorated the podium in blue and green, the agency’s colours. Everything was clean, shiny, and ready for the next day’s ceremony.

 

“Hey, Charlie, what do we wear for this?” Dean asked his friend, troubled.

 

“Your clothes will be in your closet in a bag. Don’t stress, Dean. We have to have breakfast at eight, then back up to change. Don’t be late.” Charlie scolded, poking a finger into his side.

 

“Hey, ouch. Sure, promise I won’t be late. See you tomorrow.” He let out a loud yawn and stretched his arms.

 

Charlie chuckled and pushed him towards the elevators. “Go to bed.”

 

Dean grinned and winked at her. “Yes, ma’am,”

Chapter 13: Hallelujah

Summary:

Graduation and they all helped to make it happen. Dean and Charlie get a surprise. Castiel tries and talks to Dean but he won't have it. Castiel gets a shock himself.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The next day, Dean and Adam ran down to breakfast meeting Charlie.

 

“You’re late.” She hissed at them.

 

“The alarm did not go off,” mumbled Adam, rubbing sleepy eyes.

 

Charlie’s arms crossed, and she narrowed her eyes. “Both of your alarms?”

 

Dean grinned and shrugged. The older girl rolled her eyes at the boys.

 

“Eat up, then get changed,” she ordered.

 

Dean peered around the room and pouted. “Guys, I just had a thought. Do the angels only marry Omegas?”

 

Adam’s jaw dropped, and it shocked Charlie. “Have you learnt nothing in class? Dean angels only take Omega mates. Angels worship Omegas.”

 

“Oh, guess that makes sense, then. What about heats?”

 

“We all had our first before we entered here. Once you’re here, you won’t have another until you leave the agency. I have no clue how they stop it.”

 

Dean glanced down at his cakes. “Do they put something in the food?” he whispered.

 

Adam snorted a laugh. “No, my assumption is magic, and tell you the truth. I’m glad, not looking forward to it.”

 

“Oh, I don’t know.” Charlie declared with a twinkle in her eye. “I think it will be amazing.”

 

Dean stood up abruptly. “I need a shower. Are you coming, Adam?”

 

“You need to eat more Winchester.” growled the redhead.

 

Dean rolled his eyes and pulled Adam up to their rooms. The boys left each other outside and went to get a shower. Dean searched for the hangar with his dress uniform. He placed it on the bed and opened it up.

 

The suit was slate grey with purple accents around the lapels and pockets. A waistcoat complimented the outfit. The tie was forest green that he knew would highlight his eyes. The dress shirt was white, and he had grey socks and black shoes to complete the outfit. Dean marvelled at the belt: it was brown leather, but they made the buckle look like angel wings.

 

Dean got dressed. He heard the buzz of his phone, and he picked it up.

 

Text from Red: Make certain you wear your bracelet.

 

Text from Adam: Bracelet dude, don’t forget.

 

Dean knew it must be significant, so he put the leather bracelet on and rushed out the door.

 

Adam looked terrific, wearing a black and gold cloak. The sigils and constellations caught like starlight in the long black cloak. The older boy wore a cap with a silver tassel that hung to the side.

 

“Wow, dude, you look great,” Dean exclaimed.

 

“Thanks, I’m a little nervous.”

 

“You will be fine; come on, let’s go.”

 

They got to the common area. Adam strode to sit on the stage. High back wooden seats were waiting for the elders.

 

“This will be you one day,” whispered Charlie behind him.

 

Dean turned, and his breath hitched. Charlie was sporting a wine-coloured floor-length dress. Her cloak was navy blue, with constellations dotted around in silver. Nestled in her flaming hair was a headdress of Camellia, daffodils and violets.

 

“You’re amazing, Charlie.”

 

“Thank you, kind sir.” she grinned.

 

“Anna will lose it when she sees you.”

 

“I hope so.” they both laughed and remained next to each other.

 

The choir of angels floated down to the stage, and they all stood. A whoosh of wings reverberated around the room and on either side of the semi-circle of chairs came the angels, all in their regalia. They paused beside their chairs. Blues, blacks, golds, and purples shone out on the stage. The angels stood with their arms behind their backs and their feet slightly apart. The choir started up, and the sound of Hallelujah rang out.

 

Dean stood glaring at Castiel, his fists clenched by his sides. He moved as if to step forward, and Charlie seized his arm. Castiel turned his head and shook it lightly. The angel’s piercing blue eyes were boring into his skull. The Omega closed his eyes and exhaled. A single tear rolled down his freckled cheek.

 

“Stay, please,” Charlie whispered in his ear.

 

Dean nodded. The choir’s soulful sound hurt his heart, but he stayed for his friends. He was nothing but brave. He would not let them down.

 

The choir walked away, and Michael stepped to the podium.

 

“I’m pleased to see you here today.” Michael beamed at all the students, focusing on him. “Your progress may be hard, entering a different reality. Angels have chosen human mates for thousands of years, and we take the responsibility seriously. Watching you grow, tending to you, encouraging you to face your true worth in our society. We promise to propel you towards a stronger future. Though we have awards for academic progress, using your intelligence and resources is an excellent part of one’s self. Kindness, heart, charity, and patience are likewise a remarkable accomplishment to grasp. We require many elements from our mates, but expect love and support back from your angels. Go out into the world and know that we are proud of every one of you.”

 

Michael stepped down, and everybody cheered. Gabriel stepped forward.

 

“Hi, I won’t undertake a long speech. We have some awards to give out. The Cohan award is to our top male and female scholars who academically came top of their graduating class. Charlie Bradbury and Kevin Tran, please come and accept your awards.”

 

Charlie squealed, and Dean grinned, clapping and hooting. Kevin walked past Dean and winked at him. The young boy glanced over at Castiel, and he was frowning at him, but he had no clue why.

 

“The next award is our Progress and Charity award. Now this person has merely been at the agency a year and has achieved level two of the angel awards.”

 

Dean smiled at his friend; he knew what the archangel was alluding to; every mate had to pass tasks and advance the levels. He had never figured out why, but it kept the angels happy, so he went with that.

 

“This student could take my job. He’s far advanced in Enochian. We have awarded this student the Charity award. He is the first person to do this in the agency’s entire history. Dean Winchester, we are proud to present you with the Chuck Challenger award, and we can’t wait to see what else you achieve in your time here.”

 

Everyone clapped and cheered. Well, the bullies looked affronted. But many people loved Dean in his year at the agency.

 

“Go on Dean.” laughed Joe, who was sitting behind him. “Get your ass up there.”

 

Dean stood, his legs like jello walking up to the stage. Gabriel shook his hand and gave him his award. A yellow scroll and a silver trophy in the shape of a star. He trudged back to his seat, face flaming red, but pleased with himself. After all, his dad had told him, he would achieve very little in life.

 

Dean watched as they called his friends up on stage, the angels’ mates looking on with proud smiles. He clapped and cheered, but was awash with a sense of sorrow that he would lose his best friends. His mood took a steady downward spiral, and he could not shake the melancholy that shadowed him.

 

The after-party was fun, laughter, food, and avoidance. Dean had to stand by Castiel’s side, but he stayed away from him. He watched how enchanted Anna was with Charlie and how tender Michael became with Adam.

 

Dean heard whispers about how he was disrespectful towards his mate. He could feel eyes on him constantly. He needed to get out of there, so ran off towards the elevator.

 

“Dean, we need to talk.” Castiel grabbed the Omega’s arm.

 

“No, you don’t get to talk to me, not after the way you have treated me.”

 

“Please Dean, don’t be like that.”

 

“Piss off, Cas,” Dean muttered and ran the rest of the way. Knowing no angel, unregistered, could get past the doors to the dorms.

 

Dean rushed to his room and pulled his tie off and rubbed at his eyes. He would not cry, not over some dick angel, even if they put Cas in the system. He had been reading some books and knew Castiel’s banishing sigil. So, he placed it in his room.

  

“Go to him, Cassie,” Gabriel told the young angel.

 

“I will make matters worse, brother.”

 

“If you don’t repair this, it will grow worse, Cassie, please, brother.”

 

Castiel nodded and pulled Jada into her office to get him to put him in the system. Castiel strolled over to the elevators. He rode them to the top floor. When he got out, and closer to Dean’s room, he was thrown with force on to his ass.

 

“Ouch.”

 

The angel got up and smirked. Dean had learnt to banish him; he was so talented. This boy would keep him on his toes if only he could tell him why he could not spend time with him. But he had his orders from a higher power. Though no one said he could not monitor him, or care for him, and he would keep on doing it. A storm was coming, and he had the feeling Dean would be in the centre. No one would hurt his Dean again. He had made that promise, and he intended to keep it.

Notes:

Flower Meanings:

Camellia- My destiny is in your hands.
Daffodils-New beginnings.
Violets-Loyalty, devotion, faithfulness.

So I asked what the best song would be for the angels to sing and everyone voted for Hallelujah. I listened to it when writing this. The Destiel one...

Thank you for your amazing comments, support and love you have shown me. I think I have cried more doing this fic than any other.

Chapter 14: Changes

Summary:

Dean says goodbye to his friends. School work becomes harder and he finds an interesting book in the library. Castiel goes to his big brother for help.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Hey, we’re not far away. Anna promised we could visit. I can text, email.”

 

“I know Char, just; I will miss you,” Dean stated somberly.

 

They were standing in the common area. Anna was speaking to Mertha and had her mate’s bags by her side.

 

“Hey, take care of yourself. Don’t leave without a HAG.” Charlie winked at him, and Dean snorted at the absurd comment.

 

“You don’t have one, Dean?” enquired Anna, coming to stand by Charlie.

 

“Nope, Castiel’s busy, I guess.”

 

“Oh, I can have a word with my brother. Come, Charlie, we have much to accomplish today. Goodbye Dean, we will visit soon.”

 

Dean hugged Charlie and Anna and watched his friend leave. Adam said his goodbyes, and they both ambled to the library.

 

“Charlie offered me the box so we can chat freely. Michael’s staying close to the agency. He’s accepted work here, so we don’t live far.” Adam drew a crumpled scrap of paper out of his pocket. “This is the address if you require it.”

 

“Thanks, Adam. When do you leave?”

 

“Tomorrow, Batman’s taking me to his cave.” both boys chuckled.

 

“I will be around here training with the angels. So, I can drop in.” Adam said.

 

“That’s awesome, dude. You will be great at helping kids getting in for the first time.”

 

“Let’s watch a movie. Don’t dwell on us leaving.” Adam pulled his friend up off the couch and pressed the black box into Dean’s hand.

 

“You're right,” Dean told him. The boys had a fun day and went up to bed worn out.

 

The next day Adam left with his mate, and Dean was now undoubtedly by himself. He had made friends, but not as close as Adam and Charlie. Not one’s he could trust with his secrets.

 

Dean’s second year at the school became a lot tougher than before. His teachers threw everything at him. The Omega had homework every day: lessons on angel history, mating, and social interaction. So much information his brain hurt.

 

Next came weapons training, but he did this alone. Dean was fit from the jobs he had been doing, and the weights he lifted. They instructed him in hand to hand and defence,”

 

Two weeks had gone by when Adam came to call. “How are you, Dean?”

 

“Fine, the weapons’ training is killing me, and I think they overwork my brain.”

 

“Weapons training? I never had that.” Adam told his friend.

 

“Oh, no clue why they think I need it.” Dean just shrugged, not unduly troubled.

 

“Have you heard from Charlie?” Adam questioned his friend.

 

“I saw a text to say she had arrived, but that’s all. I assume she’s gone into heat, only explanation.”

 

“I’m not looking forward to that. Michael asks me every time if I’m feeling okay and rushes around with a thermometer, taking my temperature.” The older boy rolls his eyes.

 

“You love it.” giggles Dean. “At least he’s attentive to your needs.”

 

“Yeah, I know. I’m glad we sorted everything out. Anyway, I better leave.”

 

Dean showed his friend out and waved goodbye. It was nice to catch up; he was feeling lonely. The Omega only wished his angel would come and visit him.

 

Dean went into the library. Adam had given him the black box so he could turn off the cameras. Going to the back of the stacks, Dean found a book about angel bonds. Taking it, he sat on the steps and read it.

 

-Angels have taken Omegas for mates since they first appeared on the earth. We granted humans free will, and no one could override their ability to choose their destiny. When sin first walked the earth and Lucifer helped Hell, God demanded a plan to stop the advancement of evil. Every generation, he planted an angel and a mortal mate that is born of Star lineage. They would overthrow the evil and return peace back to the world that he created. Both the angel and the human would have many tests. No one knows who the angel or human will be, but there are clues. The angel will be a warrior, command with strength, and will be high in his rank. The human Omega, grown from hardship and yet be pure of heart. -

 

Dean rubbed his eyes as tiredness swallowed his head. He yawned and closed the book, putting it under his hoodie. There was something familiar about this text; he had no clue why. Trusting no one, he sneaked upstairs and went to his room.

 

“Cassie, he knocked you on your ass?” wheezed Gabriel, holding his sides with laughter.

 

Castiel stood there, his eyebrow arched, and his arms crossed. “Yes, brother. People underestimate Dean.”

 

“That’s the truth. I gather father instructed you to stay away from him. Don’t you wonder why?”

 

Castiel rubbed his face and let out a resounding sigh. “Yes. But why must I keep away from my mate? He calls for me. I sense his anguish at losing his friends and his resentment towards me. I crave to wrap him in my arms and tell him it will be okay.”

 

“I have a theory that he’s of Star lineage,” Gabriel told his younger brother.

 

“I doubt that, Gabriel. Not because of Dean, but because of me. I-I let him down, followed orders.”

 

“Cassie, I’m glad you ran to me with this. I will watch him. If anything arises, I will come to you.”

 

“Thanks, brother. I love Dean, yet. I know little about him.”

 

“It will turn out all right, baby brother, have faith. Now tell me the news from Heaven…”

Notes:

HAG- Human Appointed Gaurd.

Chapter 15: No one to hear me

Summary:

Dean gets bulled but Cam comes to the rescue. Dean finds out who really sent the angel to look out for him.

Notes:

Warning (Bullying Dean gets hurt not graphic)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean went for a shower after a morning full of weapons training and school work. The warm water soothed his aching muscles, and he felt a lot better. Getting dressed in a t-shirt, sweats and a hoodie, the Omega went for a stroll in the gardens. It was cooler now winter had established its hold on the world. The trees had surrendered most of their foliage. Their skeletal fingers reached up to the pale blue winter sky. Dean was positive the concealed panel was not obvious and inhaled with a sigh of relief when he could not spot it.

 

The younger boy reached the bridge and grinned when he noticed the fish. They had become bigger. He was certain of it. Dean groaned when he spotted two of the bully’s Raz and Joel coming his way. ‘Damn’ thought Dean. ‘That’s all I need today.

 

“Not got your protectors anymore, Winchester,” smirked Joel, laughing with pleasure at having the boy alone.

 

“I don’t need any. Why don’t you buzz off?” Dean sighed, knowing something was going to happen. His heart rate increased, and was somewhat dizzy.

 

“You think that will stop us? Your banal remarks.” Joel grabbed Dean’s hoodie and ripped him off the bridge, and Raz tripped him. The younger boy stumbled on his hands, but he twisted his wrist, causing him pain.

 

“Ouch, shit,” Dean shouted, trying to get up.

 

“Hurry Joel, someone’s coming.” Piped up Raz. The boys ran off, leaving Dean in the dirt.

 

Dean moaned and rolled over onto his back. The mud was cold and wet. Dean realized he would need another shower and a change of clothes.

 

“Dean, are you okay? Did you fall?” Came the smooth voice of Cam. The angel held his hand out and helped the Omega up.

 

Dean grunted with pain, trying to brush the muck off his clothes, but it was no good.

 

“Joel and Raz, they tore me off the bridge and tripped me. I could not defend myself.” Dean told the angel, feeling stupid after all his training.

 

The angel’s eyes narrowed. “Let me see your hand, please.” he requested.

 

Dean hissed with pain as the angel healed him. “Thanks, thats alot better.”

 

“I will inform Castiel. Something further needs doing about them.”

 

“What’s Cas got to do with this?” Dean asked with a puzzled expression on his face.

 

“Who do you think sent me to watch you?”

 

“I understood it was Michael,” Dean informed the angel.

 

“No, he asked Michael’s permission to have me come in here, but he was the driving force. I need to report this. I will escort you to the elevators; you require a shower and a change of clothes.”

 

“Thank you for everything, Cam.”

 

“You’re welcome, Dean.”

 

Dean followed the angel until they came to the elevators, and they parted ways. The Omega had a second shower and changed into his pyjamas and read until he was sleepy. Not bothering with anything to eat.

 

The next day, Dean strolled down for breakfast. He had waffles and scrambled eggs. The Omega spotted Cam. He cleared his tray and stuck it on the garbage trolley and rushed over.

 

“Hey Cam, how did it go yesterday?”

 

“They have taken away Joel and Raziel from the agency. That’s all I can inform you for now. We will not tolerate their behaviour. I need to inform you that you have gained level three.”

 

“How?” Dean exclaimed in astonishment.

 

“Castiel can’t detect you, so I’m passing on the message. Level three of the angel tests are about stepping away from a situation. Even though you could have employed force yesterday, you refrained.”

 

Dean closed his eyes. He held his fists tight and tried to calm his breathing down. “Castiel could not tell me himself?”

 

“He’s a busy angel. Don’t assume for one moment Castiel does not cherish you, Dean.” Admonished Cam.

 

Dean plastered on a fake smile. “Yes, he’s busy. I need to complete homework. See you around.”

 

“Take care Dean.” the angel waved, and the Omega walked to the elevators.

 

Dean went up to his room and flopped on his bed. ‘Mama, I wish you were still here. Then I would be home with you and not at this place,” the Omega thought. Dean cried himself to sleep. When he woke from his nap, there was a black feather by his pillow.

Notes:

I contemplated whether to put the chapters together but it did not seem to work. So you get two short ones. I know you guys like longer chapters so hope you forgive me with these two.

Thanks for your support and amazing comments.

Chapter 16: That Monday feeling

Summary:

Dean feels low but gets a surprise visit. Castiel goes to Gabriel for help and they both get bad news.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean fell into a profound depression. Would not eat or drink enough. Missed classes and would not get out of bed. Gabriel went to visit him. So did Cam, but he wanted one angel, and that angel did not want him, or so he guessed. Over the next week, everybody sought to get the Omega up; even if that was to shower. Pam dropped in but could not make the young boy complete any task. A message reached Anna; a visit from the Omegas best friend would undoubtedly do the trick.

 

Charlie walked into Deans rooms. There was no trace of activity, the shutters drawn. Strolling through to the bedroom, she noticed a lump snuggled beneath the comforter. She pulled an armchair closer to the bed. She looked at a black feather sat on the bedside table. She reached out for it, but a sound stopped her.

 

“No, don’t touch it.”

 

“Dean, sorry. Everyone’s concerned about you.”

 

“Charlie, can I ask you something?” Dean asked.

 

“Sure anything.” The Omega reassured her friend.

 

Dean turned around to examine at the older girl. His forest green eyes were listless. Charlie noticed that his hair needed cutting, and she tenderly brushed it out of his eyes.

 

“Did you sense your angel before you mated?’

 

“No, we only sense our mates after bonding through heat, Dean. You read the books, taken the lessons. You would be something special and a word of legends to have that type of bond. I’ve read about it, but there’s not enough material available. Why do you ask?”

 

“I was unhappy that you and Adam had gone. I loathe Castiel,—that he does not want me. Though he sent Cam here to watch me, Charlie.”

 

“I know, sweetie; I could not tell you.” Charlie looked contrite.

 

“It’s fine. You can’t go against your mate. I’m not cross with you.”

 

Charlie grabbed Dean’s hand and held it. “Tell me more.” She encouraged.

 

“I love my lessons even though they’re difficult. I have friends, but not ones I can trust like you and Adam. I-I don’t think this sadness is coming from me.” Dean seemed both bewildered and concerned.

 

“That’s a conundrum. If you’re feeling Castiel then- I don’t understand Dean, but it’s bigger than we can comprehend. Have you ever pondered the higher-ups are stopping him coming to you? It was like when you were in the hospital. Anna kept repeating she would let nothing get in the way if it was me in that bed. I don’t believe Castiel would leave you; I saw how much he cared for you when you ran away.”

 

“I have no clue, Red. I hate feeling like this. I need to get out of here. I know that much.”

 

“All eyes are watching you. Get back to normal, or you won’t be going anywhere.”

 

“You make a good point, M'lady.” Dean grinned.

 

“Then get your ass out of bed. Shower, dress and food. In that order, dude.”

 

Dean laughed and jumped out of bed. He grabbed some clothes; he dashed into the bathroom. Charlie waited in the living area for her best friend.

 

“That's much better,” commented Dean. Charlie noted he was not as pale.

 

“You smell better.” laughed Charlie. “Let’s show them I can perform miracles.” She winked and grabbed her friend’s hand. Although she worried about Dean, the Omega knew some of this was about Castiel.

 

   

XxXxXxXx

 

 

Castiel paced back and forth in Gabriel’s classroom.

 

“Tell me what’s wrong, brother,” Gabriel whispered.

 

“I can’t,” Castiel grumbled bitterly.

 

“What! You don’t trust me?” it hurt Gabriel.

 

“I trust you. What if someone overhears?” Castiel sat down on a table and wiped his eyes.

 

Gabriel’s eyes blazed blue; his grace was bleeding from his vessel. The older angel clapped his hands with a quick snap. “There, no one can overhear. You’re safe now, Cassie.”

 

“Thank you, brother.” Castiel sobbed, letting go of his anguish.

 

Gabriel put his arm around his baby brother, not liking this at all. Wanting to squash anyone who had hurt him so badly. “Talk to me, Cassie.”

 

“The quest my garrison was on, it was all for nothing;—fake. I even had to send for Anna to live by the coast. Why did father want Dean to be alone? Get Charlie out of the way? Then I hear again that my mate was the target of the bullies from Pam and Camael. They hurt him, Gabe.”

 

“They did what now? Cassie, have you got any further in detecting who sent them in?”

 

“Uriel, I expect, and someone’s helping him. That’s the only explanation for how they got around all the warding and into the human quarters.”

 

Cassie, there are only two people that could do that. Jace and Hael. Can they be a mating match for one of the tormentors?”

 

“They never wanted human mates; we observed them talking. Maybe they performed some deal. With me away with my garrison, it’s been harder to look into the situation.”

 

“Cassie, you could ask me for help.” Grumbled the archangel.

 

“I truly did not want to drag anyone else into my mess.” the angel cried, hiding his face in his hands.

 

“Cassie, you did the decent thing in sending Charlie to Dean. He’s not been doing fantastic this last week or two. He’s been feeding off your mood, your emotions.” Castiel was about to protest, but the archangel stopped him. “Hear me out. Why would Chuck be testing you? That boy is special, and so are you, baby brother. Why do you think they take notice of you more than they do, Michael?”

 

“I flew to Heaven, back to the Novak line, and asked permission to borrow vessels. I helped Dean. I could not leave him, Gabe. He could have fallen, hurt himself. He’s not adhered to any of the rules I set; he’s pushing me to determine if I will react. I left a feather by his bed, in hopes he will understand the message. My boy has been abused, belittled and abandoned all his life, and, ultimately, I have done the same. How can he ever forgive me for that?”

 

“Confess your sins, Cassie. You never actually abandoned him, you broke the rules for him. Keep doing that, little brother. Deans going to need you— eventually.”

 

“What if Chuck finds I helped my mate? I encouraged him to leave the agency and never reported it — for the same reason, I never visited Dean in the hospital. They would reprimand me. I made a promise to my mate to protect him. I will face any punishment that comes my way.”

 

Gabriel went still and tipped his head to one side like he was listening to someone. “Hannah’s calling for us; says it’s urgent, brother.” With a flurry of wings, the two angels flew to the lobby of the agency.

 

Jody was standing with Hannah. Both human, an angel, were anxious.

 

“Whatever’s the matter, sister?” Gabriel asked Hannah.

 

Hannah bowed to the two angels. “Walk this way into an interview room; we have news.”

 

The angels and the police officer followed and reached a small office near the lobby.

 

“Jody, you tell them the news.” Hannah told the sheriff.

 

“John Winchester appeared in court today. The van stopped, and the guards murdered. He was the sole prisoner in the truck. Johns, missing, we have no clue of his whereabouts.”

 

“Do you think Rook had anything to do with this?” Castiel asked, struggling to keep calm, although he felt anger zip through his very core.

 

“We are studying surveillance. And taking statements.”

 

“Take care of the families of the fallen guards, Hannah,” commanded Gabriel.

 

“Of course, brother, we would not have this any other way,” Hannah told the older angel.

 

“Jody, can I ask what became of Samuel Winchester? Did the Campbells get contacted?”

 

“We discovered that Samuel Campbell died a year ago. Deanna’s vanished. The rest of the family did not want him. We sent Samuel to live with his only other relative, a distant uncle, Bobby Singer.”

 

“Thank you, please keep us updated, Jody.” Castiel implored the human.

 

“I will Castiel. Just make sure Deans is safe. He will be that man’s primary aim now.” Jody said.

 

Castiel growled, his eyes were flashing red. “I won’t let him get hurt. It’s about time I became a proper mate to him. Please do not inform him; he has enough on his plate with exams coming up and the recent incident.”

 

“Cassie, we will protect him,” Gabriel responded with equal determination in his voice.

 

“I need to sort my garrison out. Please monitor things while I’m gone, Gabriel.” Castiel glanced at his older brother, and Gabriel nodded in understanding. Castiel walked away towards his office.

 

“Any other information report it to me while Castiel’s elsewhere,” ordered Gabriel. Jody and Hannah nodded.

 

“We will get the bastard. John won’t get away again on my watch. I must leave and get on with my work.”

 

“Thank you, Jody,” Hannah watched her run out of the office.

 

Gabriel vanished, determined to find answers to unanswered questions.

 

 

Xxxxxx

 

 

Dean sat down at the dining table, and Mertha put a plate of burgers and fries in front of him.

 

“Eat as much as you can. I will be watching.”

 

Dean rolled his eyes but grinned back at the angel. He was hungry for the first time in ages.

 

Charlie chattered next to him, telling her friend about her new home next to the coast and the groups she had joined. Suddenly, Dean grasped his head and yelped in surprise.

 

“Dean, you okay?” Charlie asked, concerned for her friend.

 

Tears filled the younger boy’s jade green eyes. “Shit, Charlie; my dad escaped. Castiel is angry, I can sense it. He choked for air, feeling slightly nauseous.”

 

“What! How would you know all that?” the redhead hissed, scared now about the way Dean was acting.

 

“It was like a flash. It’s like pictures, a movie, in my head. I can sense his mood. I don’t get it.”

 

“Keep this to yourself for now until I can gather more research. Please, Dean.” Charlie hung off the younger boy’s arm.

 

“Yeah, I’m dizzy now.”

 

“You best eat, or Mertha will get Pam.”

 

“I better.” Dean was not hungry, but he ate what he could. His stomach was doing somersaults, his heart beating an intermittent rhythm in his chest. He hoped Charlie would find out what was going on, and soon.

Notes:

Thank you for your amazing comments and support.

Chapter 17: Archangels horn

Summary:

Gabriel gets Dean out of the agency for the weekend. The angel investigates and gets to the bottom of whos been targeting Dean.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Michael, we desire your help, brother. I got to get Dean out of the agency. I intend to investigate if Jace and Hael are behind the harassing episode. All three youngsters had vanished in the recent incident concerning Dean.”

 

“Gabriel, Castiel’s Dean’s mate, how can I manage this?”

 

“Castiel’s dealing with the mess in Heaven. Your agency leader and can override this. Grant Dean a HAG — you to be specific. Adam and Dean are friends. It won’t appear odd if they spend the weekend together.”

 

Michael sighs and nods in agreement. “That boy needs a break. My Adam would love some company. Tell Dean to be ready with his bag, and Adam will pick him up.”

 

“Thank you, brother.”

 

“Just find out what’s going on, that’s all I ask.” Pleaded Michael, turning to his younger brother.

 

Gabriel smirked. “Leave that to me. No one messes with my family and gets away with it.”

 

“Jace and Heal are family brother and Uriel.” Michael reminded the younger archangel.

 

“Family does not pray on their own and hurt one’s mate. It’s an outright assault on Cassie.”

 

“Bring me the evidence, Gabriel. I will deal with them, I promise you.”

 

Gabriel winks and fly’s off. Michael sits back and rubs his head, trying to calm himself down. Not wanting his mood to upset his mate.

 

Xxxxx

 

“Deano, I bring glad tidings of great joy.” Gabriel pounced on the Omega.

 

“Hey, I will not become pregnant after this, will I dude?” smirked Dean, trying not to laugh but failing badly.

 

Gabriel joined in with the joke. “I know there was a reason I liked you.”

 

“Not my personality and good looks, then?” quipped Dean.

 

Gabriel rolled his eyes and grinned. “I bring wonderful news. Pack a bag. I got you a HAG.”

 

“You what? Where am I going, dude?” Dean asked, shocked.

 

“Batman and Adams.” the angel winked.

 

Dean blushed crimson at the nickname. ‘How did he know about that?’ “That’s awesome. Thank you so much.” Dean ran and hugged his friend. Then rushed away to get packed.

 

Mertha came over to the archangel. “That child will get himself in trouble one of these days.”

 

“Don’t worry, Amy knows about Dean. With the abuse, he needs human or angel contact.”

 

“Abuse? They mistreat most kids but-”

 

“Yeah, the poor kid had no one. Beaten, starved, neglected. No love, no one to care for him. The worst case I’ve known in a long century.”

 

“Well, we’d better watch after him then.”

 

Gabriel understood that look. Dean would have any food he could dream of in his immediate future.

 

Dean came down with his bag. Adam was waiting for him.

 

“You two have a wonderful time,” Gabriel told them.

 

“We will. Thanks for this, Gabe,” Dean told his friend.

 

“Come on, Dean, Michael hates waiting.” Adam hurried his friend.

 

Before the younger boy could leave, Mertha folded her arms around him. Dean grew tense. Only mates hugged or if they were close friends or family and with permission.

 

“Um...” Dean had no clue what to say.

 

“Boy, before you leave, I baked some pies for you and Adam. Now you’d best run. Don’t keep that angel waiting.”

 

Adam watched the cook leave, and Dean just stood with his mouth open.

 

“Go with it boys, now get off with you.” Gabriel laughed, watching the bewildered faces of the Omegas.

 

Gabriel saw the boys depart, making certain they were both safe. He received the message from his big brother, Gabriel started his search for the truth. There was one angel inside the agency he could turn to for help.

 

Xxxxx

 

On Saturday, Michael handed the boys money for a movie, the arcade, and dinner. Dean took his bank book and went to check money in the account. Before they went in, Adam handed his friend a white envelope.

 

“Dean, I want you to have this,” Adam whispered.

 

“What is it, Adam?” Dean asked his friend.

 

“Just open it,” Adam stated nervously.

 

Dean whistled when he saw all the banknotes. “There must be five hundred dollars here, Adam. I can’t take this.”

 

“Yes, you can. Michael gives me an immense allowance. I won’t miss it. You have done enough for me, Dean, more than you realise. I need to know you’re safe. Please take it.” Pleaded the older boy.

 

Dean sighed and nodded. “Okay, but just to put your mind at rest. Is it okay if I hug you?”

 

Adam snorted, “Yeah, come here.”

 

The two boys embraced, and Dean felt he belonged somewhere for the first time in his life. He had people that cared for him, and it seemed unfamiliar, strange, but by God, it was addictive. Dean wanted to bottle the feeling and keep it with him invariably in case it melted away.

 

The boys wandered into the bank, and Dean received a shock. He sat down on a chrome chair. He glanced again at his passbook. Then handed it to his friend.

 

“Who would put that much into your bank account, Dean? You had nine hundred dollars until a year ago, now you got three thousand.”

 

“You can keep the money you gave me,” Dean smirked, blinking back down at the book, pinching himself, making clear it was not a dream.

 

“Now, at least you have money to travel. Get a ticket, buy your food. A place to sleep. Keep it.”

 

“The only person who knows about this book was Uncle Bobby, but he ain’t got this type of money unless he won the sweepstake.”

 

“I have no clue then. Who else has access to this bank account?” Adam mused thoughtfully.

 

“No idea, but it will come in handy, that’s for sure,” Dean told his friend.

 

Gabriel recruited Mertha after he told her the truth, and the cook wanted to help. Knowing that the commander and Dean had been a target made the angel’s blood boil. Kevin was in the human part of the agency today because there was an issue with the cameras. Gabriel knew Hael was not in today, so it was only Jace he needed to distract.

 

The archangel walked through to the passageway where Jace’s desk was. “Hello, sister. Are you busy today?” Gabriel sat on the edge of her desk and unwrapped a sucker and popped it into his mouth.

 

The angel glanced up at her brother with narrowed, suspicious eyes. “Not especially Gabriel. Few humans are arriving.”

 

“Why don’t you come and grab coffee with me?” commented the angel, who was swinging his legs lazily.

 

“Not in the last three millennia have we interacted, brother. Why now?”

 

“It’s Saturday, Mikey is not here, and I’m bored.” shrugged Gabriel. 

 

Jace scanned her computer and frowned. “Someone’s trying to access my computer.”

 

“That will be Kevin; we brought him in. Someone’s been trying to access our computer network and cameras.”

 

“Well, that won’t be a human than they aren’t capable.” Jace sneered.

 

Gabriel raised his eyebrow. He knew that Kevin, Charlie, and Dean did just that. But he had no clue that this little angel held so much malice towards humans, and it saddened him his hunch was right after all.

 

“I must call Hael; this needs to stop.” Jace was clearly in a panic now.

 

Before Gabriel could stop her, Hael appeared behind him. He grabbed his horn from his pocket. It was the size of a keyring and made of solid gold. The angel blew into it and both the angels froze.

 

“Wow, that’s how that works. Cool, dude.” Kevin Tran said in excitement.

 

Gabriel just grinned, and Mertha rolled her eyes.

 

“Now what shall I do with these two?” Mertha questioned the archangel.

 

Gabriel waved his hand, and a room appeared with two cots. The angel shook his hand again. They gently placed both angels on them. The angel blew his horn and strips of gold chains looped around their torsos, arms, and legs so they could not escape if they awoke.

 

“Great to have all these fancy powers,” Mertha mumbled.

 

Gabriel smirked at her. “No, darling Mertha, you have the power, making me candy I adore.”

 

The angel blushed and waved him away, muttering about making candy.

 

There was a noise of accomplishment from Kevin, and Gabriel went over to the young Omega.

 

“What have you found, buddy?” Gabriel asked.

 

“You were correct, sir. Hael, Jace and Uriel sneaked Joel and Raziel into the agency. They are both Jace’s and Hael’s mates. They carried out a trade they did not want to mate, the angels or the humans. Hael and Jace paid them off. Uriel joined the fray because he demanded punishment on Dean after what the commander did to him. It sounds like we have another rogue angel in his garrison.”

 

“Shit, my brothers are up there now. I have to send word.” Gabriel’s honey eyes shone brilliantly with grace, his temper simmering under his skin.

 

“Father won’t let him get hurt, surely Gabriel?” Mertha commented to her brother.

 

“No, he won’t, but I’m uncertain he realises what’s going on down here. You know how Chuck can be.”

 

“You call God Chuck?” Shouted Kevin, who looked nervous.

 

“Much like angels, he takes on a vessel, and yes, he’s called Chuck. Likes to write and play the guitar.”

 

“What happened to the third bully, Zadkiel?” enquired Gabriel when Kevin had not mentioned him.

 

“There is no mention of him. That’s odd. Uriel refused to take a mate. No idea where he went. They dumped Joel and Raziel in the human world. After Hael paid them and finished their task of hurting Dean.”

 

“Well, that’s an enigma,” Mertha said, puzzled.

 

Kevin gaped at the computer monitor and visibly paled. “Does Dean still have his bracelet on?”

 

“Yes, he went to stay with Michael and Adam this weekend. Why Kevin?”

 

“I’m not too sure why you give the bracelets, but it shows there is a tracker on Deans. The bad guys know where he is.”

 

“Darn it. Let me speak to Mikey over angel radio. Kevin, I met my mate over three hundred years ago. In the days, we did not have security as we do now. The elders are all targets. They took Amy from me, so now we put bracelets on our mates so we could track them. They classed Castiel as an elder when he became the commander of God’s own army. Has the same rights as an archangel, so they gave Dean the bracelet.”

 

“Commander Castiel does not have your power, though. I mean, he could never win a fight against you?” the young Omega said.

 

“You underestimate my brother, Kevin. Cassie could kick my ass. The only archangel that could cause him any harm would be Lucifer.”

 

“Castiel’s that strong? I never knew. Then he and Dean are special.”

 

“Yes, they are. We need to protect both. That’s been my job since Castiel was a fledgeling. Now Michael’s just got back; Dean is safe. The only issue we have now is that we took the one thing away that can trace him.”

 

“Well, he won’t go far. It’s not like he can get out of the agency with no one noticing.”

 

Gabriel took a long look at Kevin. “I guess not.” And the angel said no more on the subject.

Notes:

I had to add Gabriel's horn, not many fics do. My second favourite angel.

Thanks for your comments and support it's amazing I love you guys.

Chapter 18: Always Alone

Summary:

Exams come around and Dean finds them frustrating. The Feast is upon them and he helps in the kitchens. After all, he finds he's still alone and slips out into the night to find his family.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean worked hard on his exams. His brain melted from overuse. The exams and tests continued for two weeks. There were intervals in-between, and he would sit out in the garden. Knowing the bullies had gone, and he relaxed. Mertha gave him fish food, and he would swing his feet off the bridge and feed them.

 

Dean wondered why they even had to sit the exams and tests. They ranged from oral Enochian to angel etiquette to paper exams for math and English. No one told him, just patted him on the head and to give his best.

 

The weather was brisk, the wind sharp, but he had a plan established in his mind. No one observed him anymore. He ate. The visits to Pam practically stopped. He brought some warm clothes and hid them in the salt bin that Adam had shown him a while ago. He brought a bag and items like a Swiss army knife, matches, a tin opener and he sneaked into a church, filling a flask with holy water.

 

December arrived, peppered with frost and ice. The night’s cold and the days warmer in comparison. The angels and the humans got ready for the Feast of the East. It was the celebration of life, family and the bond between mates. No one missed Christmas; it was roughly the same. Mertha was busy in the kitchen and Dean and a few other Omegas who could cook offered to help. The varied fares available fascinated Dean. Although angels did not eat, humans and Nephilim alike needed food, and Gabriel announced he liked the food, so why not indulge?

 

They made loaves of bread with nuts and fruits and ordinary bread rolls. Mertha had a turkey, suckling pig, and ham roasting in the enormous ovens. Apple and prune stuffing and mashed and roast potatoes. Red cabbage, and honeyed carrots, and collard greens. A Greek and octopus salad, smoked salmon and trout. Also, Doro Wat, meats and cheese of every description. Fresh tropical fruits, thick, creamy rice pudding with hot cherry sauce, Kerststol, Stollen, apple and pecan pies. Dean had never seen so much food in one place before. His mouth watered with anticipation at the magnificent feast.

 

Tables lined up and music blared into the common area. They placed green and red decorations around the room. There was even a blue spruce at the end of the tables that had gleaming white lights upon it. They scattered gifts underneath, from mates and to their angels. Dean knew for certain his angel would not have sent one and did not bother to get Castiel one. Well, that was a lie. He’d brought his angel a gift, and it was sitting on his bed where it would remain.

 

Michael and Adam were not there, wanting to have their first feast as a mated pair at home. The same went for Anna and Charlie. Gabriel sat with his mate Amy at the top of one table and asked everyone to unwind.

 

“Let us pray for the Star in the East that guides us, that brings family and friends closer together. Dad gives us so much, and I bless us.”

 

“Blessed are we.” everyone sang together.

 

Everyone ate, and the chatter grew boisterous and merry. Smiles and love for each other were at the table that night. Dean’s heart hurt, so he slipped away, not choosing to bring anybody’s mood down. No one saw him leave, that his clothes were slightly bulky. The moon was high that night, its white fingers showing him the way his only shadowy companion.

 

Dean strode to the salt bin and put his jacket on he’d brought, thick socks and put on hiking boots. He placed the bag over his shoulder. He started hiking, not glancing back, just wishing to see his little brother and his uncle. Not knowing the danger that was out there in the inky dark night.

 

 

XxxxxX

 

 

Dean trudged along the highway out of town and grabbed a lift from an old lady. Who had a no-nonsense attitude?

 

“My name’s Missouri Mosley, but you can call me Missouri. Now, what is a young boy like you doing out on a chilly night like this?”

 

“I need to find my family,” Dean told her, knowing honesty was his best bet here. “My dad abused me, and he’s escaped from prison. I need to know my family is okay.”

 

The old lady glanced at him and nodded. “Well, I’m going to Kansas City. You can get a bus from there. Stay with me tonight?”

 

“Thank you! That’s very kind of you.” Dean told the older woman.

 

“You’re most welcome. It’s nice to find a young man with such pleasant manners.”

 

Dean just grinned and nodded. “My mom would not want it any other way.”

 

“You lost her son?” Missouri asked, kindness in her tone.

 

“Yeah, it seems I lose everyone in my life.” Dean sighs sadly.

 

“I have a feeling, Dean. You will find what you’re seeking at the end of your journey.”

 

It puzzled Dean. He never mentioned his name. He shrugged his shoulders. It lulled him to sleep, the rumble of the car soothing him.

 

The next day, after a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon and hash browns, Missouri dropped Dean off at the bus stop.

 

“Now, don’t be getting into every stranger’s car, you hear me, boy? They ain’t going to be nice like me.”

 

“I won’t ma’am. Thank you for all you have done.”

 

Missouri hugged him and smiled. “You look after yourself now, Dean.”

 

Dean nodded and got on the bus. He sat at the back; he waved at the older woman. Wishing he had music to listen to or a book to read. He would have to rectify that at the end of the journey. The next leg of his trip would take him to Nebraska City. He had to break up the trip. Omegas could not travel alone without a chaperone. Missouri had told the bus driver, he was meeting an aunt in the city. The bus terminated in the town, anyway. It was risky even to take the bus because he knew with certainty that the angels would miss him soon and come looking.

 

The bus journey was uneventful; it took a little over two hours. The bus was full of screaming children, people arguing on the phone, and kissing couples. No one bothered him; he sat with his eyes closed for most of the journey, trying to think of his next plan of action.

 

The bus pulled into the station, and he let most of the people get off. The bus driver eyed him with curious caution.

 

“Your aunt here, son?” asked the aged driver.

 

Dean glanced around and saw a lady sitting on the bench by the toilets.

 

“Yeah, she’s over there.” Dean pointed at the lady.

 

“Okay, long as I know you’re with someone.”

 

“Thanks, man.” Dean plastered a fake smile on his face and got off the bus. His heart was beating fast. Dean walked to the toilets, he did his business and walked out. The Omega noticed the bus driver was still watching him.

 

“Would you like to get a cup of tea?” Dean asked the lady.

 

The lady looked up at the young boy in surprise. “Sure son, I lost my ticket. I was waiting for my son to come to pick me up.”

 

“That’s fine, ma’am.”

 

I will wait until Harry gets here. My name’s Daisy, and you're very kind to an old woman.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Daisy. My name’s Dean.”

 

Dean helped the old lady into a coffee shop and ordered a tea for Daisy and a coke for him. Dean picked two cakes out, he delivered a tray to their table.

 

“I thought we could do with a treat.” He told Daisy.

 

“I can’t thank you enough, son. I thought I had got money on me. I keep forgetting in my old age.”

 

“Hey, you’re safer now. Don’t worry.” Dean told her kindly.

 

They talked about this and that until a middle-aged man walked into the shop and sighed with relief.

 

“Mom, it worried me,”

 

“Dean’s been with me, Harry.” Daisy beamed and told her son all about what the Omega had done for her.

 

“Is there a way we can pay you back?” Harry asked.

 

“I’m meeting my aunt; I need accommodation.”

 

“Don’t worry, I have a friend that owns an Omega motel. She can put you up.”

 

“Thanks, that would be great.”

 

They strolled out of the door — Daisy talking nineteen to the dozen. The driver was still sitting there watching, and Dean smirked. His plan worked out well.

 

Harry and Daisy dropped Dean off at the motel, Harry having rang his friend ahead. He waved and said goodbye. Dean went to reception and asked for a room. Feeling tired, he thanked the girl and shuffled to his room. Throwing his bag on the floor, he flopped on the bed. He was exhausted still, but he grabbed a shower first and then needed to grab some food. He could not stay here forever, but for now, he had shelter and a safe place to stay.

Notes:

East Feast Menu:

Suckling Pig-Puerto Rico
Octopus Salad-Puerto Rico
Trout-Russia
Doro Wat-Ethiopia
Creamy Rice pudding with hot Cherry sauce-Denmark.
Kerststol-The Netherlands
Stollen-Germany
Pie-Planet Impala

 

Thank you for your amazing support and comments I love them. I love sharing this fic with you guys.

Chapter 19: The other side of you

Summary:

Dean knows he has to move on and gets a lift from a werewolf. Though he meets a person he least expects in the dark of the night. Castiel finds out that Deans gone. Will he find him in time?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean woke up and scrubbed at gummy eyes. He yawned and scratched his belly. Going for a shower to rouse himself, he got dressed. He’d been here for two days now and knew he must move on. There was a diner called Marys very apt, he thought to himself. Knowing this was the day he had to leave. Having an ample breakfast, grateful for the money that Adam had given him, keeping him away from surveillance. Dean had texted his best friends, informing them he was on the move, but not where he was. They would have to notify their mates, and he did not wish to put them in that position.

 

 XxxxXxxX

 

 “Cassie, get your ass down here now.” bellowed Gabriel, eyeing the ceiling of his office.

 

The vibration of wings reverberated around the small room and Castiel appeared, looking distracted. “Gabriel, what’s wrong? What’s so urgent, brother?”

 

“Deans missing. We’ve only just noticed because of the feast.” Gabriel announced, ashamed of himself. “I let you down Cassie I never watched him.”

 

“Do you know when he went?” Castiel enquired, sounding alarmed.

 

“Dean helped Mertha in the kitchen, and a few individuals noticed him at the onset of the feast, but everything’s fuzzy.”

 

“This is not your fault, Gabriel. I need to check in his room to see if I can sense anything.”

 

“I will come with you, Cassie,” Gabriel stated unhappily, and not his usual dynamic self.

 

The angels rushed to Dean’s room and searched around. The closet door was swinging open, and the room was a mess. The cameras altered, and his computer was perching on the couch.

 

“Deans a bright one, that’s for sure. I’m not positive how you will track him, Cassie, without his bracelet.”

 

“When I first met Dean, I placed my hand on his files and saw him. I recognised he was special when he vanished the first time. I could scent him and knew that was impossible, but it’s what led me to him.”

 

“You scented him, but Cassie, that’s- “

 

“I know Gabe; I understand why Chuck needed to keep me away from him now. If we were the angel and human they talk of, that would help stabilise earth; he would test us, make certain we were strong enough to weather any storm.”

 

“Dad asked me to watch you when you were just a fledgeling. He mentioned you were special. Cassie, you were like no baby angel I knew. Into books, had an appetite for knowledge, like no other. But you’re a badass when you want to be.”

 

“I never thanked you for looking out for me.” Castiel squeezed Gabriel’s hand. “You taught me so much, brother. I would not be what I am without you.”

 

“Jeez, Cassie, enough.” the archangel grinned, blushing at the compliment.

 

“I need to find my mate. I will not keep away this time. I found this on his bed; it’s got my name on it.”

 

“Dean got you a gift?”

 

Castiel tried to swallow the lump in his throat. “I have wronged him; it’s time I put that right.”

 

 

XxxxXxxx

 

 

Dean stepped out of the motel. Starting towards Sioux Falls, hoping that his baby brother would be with his uncle. His Uncle Bobby knew Crowley, so could put him in contact with the King of Hell when he got to his destination. Following the I-29, he walked with determination in his steps. Dean remembered Missouri’s warning about getting a lift from strangers. His dad was out there and Rook. Also, he had no inkling who’s going to pick him up. Dean grabbed a lift from a soccer mom and her kids to Percival, telling them again he’d missed the bus and he’s on his way to visit his aunt. All the lies mounting up, and he felt dreadful. Making certain his family is safe was a top priority at the moment.

 

 

Text from Adam: Dean, they know you’ve gone. Please be safe.

 

Text from Charlie: Dean, be safe. Please come home soon.

 

Dean smiles at the texts, but does not reply. Switching his phone off in fear they would trace it.

 

At Percival, there is a gas station. He speaks to this man called Garth, who’s going to call on his girlfriend, Bess.

 

“I can offer you a ride, Dean, but I’m going to visit my girl.” the skinny man laughs at the prospect.

 

“Dude, anywhere will be wonderful.”

 

“You going to be okay? I hate to leave you, and you get into trouble.” Garth says, in apprehension for the young Omega.

 

“I need a place where I can stick around for the night, dude, if you can help?”

 

“Sure, I can drop you off in the next town. Climb in and get comfy. I have snacks.” Garth grinned at his new friend.

 

Garth was once human, but made into a werewolf. Meeting Beth had reformed his life; they had welcomed him into her pack. They swapped mobile numbers before the man left Dean at a motel that sounded fairly decent.

 

The Omega searched for something to eat. The winter’s night was gloomy, with no moon to light his way. He pulled his coat around himself to ward off the chill. He wished he had a scarf and gloves, another part to add to his wish list. Walking towards the light of the stores, he heard a noise behind him, the hairs on the back of his neck prickled. His heart rate picked up, and he strode a little quicker. Greedy hands turned him around as they thrust him into a wall.

 

“Hello Dean,” came the voice of a man he knew very well.

 

“Zadkiel?” Dean stuttered, not believing his eyes.

 

The bully laughed. “Yes. Fancy meeting you here, of all places.”

Notes:

I have no clue how I manage to walk myself into that-(Hates cliffhangers) 'Facepalm'

You can detect I can't do text talk, I can barely use my phone haha

Thanks for your comments and support...

Chapter 20: Friend or foe

Summary:

Dean gets a surprise after meeting not one but two demons that night. He walks along the highway and finds shelter but does not notice the gift he was left.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Zad let Dean go and smirked at the boy. “Sorry to jump on you like that, but I knew no other way to stop you. We need to talk.”

 

“Why the hell would I want to talk to you about anything?” exclaimed Dean in shock.

 

Zad sighed and blew on his hands to keep them warm. He clicked his fingers, and the broken street light turned on behind them. “I never touched you, Dean, just called you names. My father placed me in there. He needed information on you.”

 

“Names were enough,” Dean grumbled at the boy.

 

“I hope you can forgive me? My old man will be here at any moment, I promise.”

 

There was a flash, black smoke and sulphur assaulting his senses.

 

“Crowley.” Dean gasped in astonishment. “The King of Hell is your dad?”

 

“Yes, my son did an exemplary job of deceiving you. However, I hope he’s apologised for his behaviour?”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Dean rolled his eyes. “He’s forgiven.”

 

“You're most kind, Dean. I’m unhappy I could not stop the other two. I will deal with them. That’s a promise. I will make it up to you.”

 

“You will?” Dean asked in shock.

 

“They made a deal with their angel mate. The family came into money. Though the angels have gone into hiding, and I guess the angels will seek retribution. We should punish Joel and Raz for their crimes.”

 

“Not clear. That’s how it works.” Dean looked on with mixed feelings.

 

“You’re Nephilim, but we demons work a specific way. Leave it to us. Your conscience can be clear, Dean.”

 

“Now, boy, back to the business of the day. Bobby needed to know you were safe, Dean. I sent my son into the agency to make sure of this. It seems you had a struggle with some minions of mine?”

 

“Yes, they thought they could mess with me behind your back. Told me they could bring mom back that kind of crap.”

 

Crowley’s eyes flashed red, the only emotion that showed he was angry at the news.

 

“I will find them not to worry. Is there anything else you need from me tonight?”

 

“Mom… did Dad kill her?” Dean locked his green eyes onto the demon, seeking the truth.

 

“Well, I can find out for certain. You need answers, son; I can get them.”

 

“What’s your price?” Dean asked him.

 

Crowley grinned, looking like a predator ready to pounce on its prey. “Nothing, love. Though I can’t take you to Bobby’s,”

 

Dean rolled his eyes again. “That’s fine, dude.”

 

“One day, your eyes will roll out of your sockets doing that,” commented Zad.

 

Dean snorted. “Sure, dude. I need food, so if you don’t need me for anything else?”

 

“We will get you your answers, you seek. Shake on it, Dad.” Zad told his father, glancing expectantly at the demon.

 

“I will, son.” Crowley held out his hand, and Dean shook it.

 

“Take care,” Dean told the demons.

 

“You to love.” In a flash, the demons vanished, and Dean shook his head. ‘Well, that was a shock.’ He muttered to himself. ‘Guess I learned forgiveness. Wonder if I get to level four with that?’ He laughed at himself and walked to where it was light.

 

 

XxXxXx

 

 

Dean went out of Bartlett and checked the lake. It was a warm day, and he took his jacket off. The road was quiet, and a few cars passed him, none stopped. He drank water and a ate few snacks he had in his bag. The day waned into evening, and he knew he had to find shelter. There was a modest barn that he guessed belonged to a farm. Creeping into it, pulling hay from the loft to create a bed. He placed his bag as a makeshift pillow, he put his jacket over himself. The night was chilly, and he fell into a restless sleep. He dreamt about black wings that sheltered him and kept him warm.

 

When he got up the next day, he cleaned his teeth, sprayed some deodorant on, and did his business by a tree. He drank some water and ate some beef jerky. Putting band-aids on his blisters, wishing his Nephilim healing powers would come to fruition. Dean went on his way, not noticing the single black feather that was lying next to his bag when he packed it up to leave.

Notes:

Thanks for your love and support xxx

Chapter 21: By your side.

Summary:

Dean narrowly escapes a murderous truck driver. And also a not so nice bus driver. In the end, he finds a nice hotel that could find his Uncle and baby brother for him.

Notes:

Warnings: (Mention of creepy guy at the begging. Dean gets trapped with a man but nothing happens.)

Chapter Text

The truck rumbled beneath him.

 

The man had a craving. Knowing it was time to dissipate the bloodlust before it became overwhelming. From the top of the hill, he could see down to the bottom. The solitary figure was trudging along the side of the road — a younger person, from the look of it. A grin lurked on his gruesome face; his hands tightened on the wheel. If he picked up this person, no one would report them missing. Well, they would, but by then it would be far too late, and he would be miles away. Thinking about all the ways to have them, how would pull screams out of them and watch the light vanish from their eyes. Palming at his erection, laughing at the simple joy their death and destruction would bring him, he pressed the gas pedal down heavier.

 

Dean walked along the highway. It was dusty saying; it was winter, and the weather had not been kind. He kicked a pebble with his foot. It bored him hiking, but he did not have a choice. He heard a roar of an engine behind him and turned. A compact car pulled up next to him, and the person opened the passenger door.

 

“You look beat, son; do you need a ride?” The middle-aged man asked Dean.

 

Dean glanced up the highway and watched a truck heading his way. Something about it gave him chills, and he focused on the man in the car. There was a baby seat in the back and kid’s toys scattered on the floor of the vehicle.

 

“Yeah, that would be amazing, man. Where are you heading to?”

 

“My wife took the kids to her mom’s. I need to pick them up. I’m going to Omaha.”

 

“That’s amazing, thanks.” Dean got in. That would take him a step closer. From there, maybe he could get a bus.

 

“My name’s Jimmy, by the way. What’s yours?”

 

“Dean.”

 

“Well, Dean, it’s nice to meet you.” beamed Jimmy, who was fiddling with the radio. “Let’s put some music on.”

 

The truck driver saw his target get into the car and he screamed. His prey had got away.

 

_=_

 

“Thanks, Jimmy, for everything,” Dean told the blue-eyed man.

 

“You’re welcome, Dean. Be safe on your journey, and I hope you locate your brother.”

 

“I hope so too, man.” Dean waved goodbye as Jimmy turned off. Dean checked the envelope to identify how much money he had left — a little over one a hundred dollars. That will get him a bed for the night in reasonable accommodation and food. He needed a scarf and gloves and a book, so he continued to the store and got what he needed. He found a nice-family run motel, he got into a warm shower, and flopped onto the bed and promptly fell asleep.

 

When Dean woke, he felt better, but his belly rumbled. He went to McDonald’s; he brought his food back to his room. Needing to switch his phone on and check for the bus timetables, he got a notice from Charlie. He viewed it, not so bothered about being caught it showed no one had missed him, anyway. Angels would have caught up to him before now.

 

Text from Charlie: I hope you’re okay? No clue what’s going on, Anna’s not saying anything. I did a little digging. The commander can feel you before the mating because your star bonded. It’s written in the stars that you would find each other. You can heal the world, dude. Don’t give up on him yet.

 

Dean had no clue what to think about any of this. Is this why Castiel did not want him? Was he being forced by God to be together? Cas had left his feather, and only mates did that. The angel gave a part of himself, showing his love. It was intimate and unique, and he was sure he did not warrant that kind of devotion.

 

Dean finished his meal and noted down the bus timetable. The bus would take him to Sioux City. He wished the bus would take him all the way, but that’s how it worked, and it was so disheartening. He needed to pop into a bank for a top-up of money and would require some place to stay for the night. Dean watched some cartoons, missing having a T. V in the agency. It was a treat for him. Knowing he had to be up early. Dean set his alarm and went to bed.

 

The next morning Dean had a shower, changed his clothes and went to find a diner. Knowing when he got into the city, he would need to find a laundromat—he had run out of clean clothes. Eating a plate of waffles and bacon, he gobbled it up fast and rushed to catch his bus. He sat at the back, minding his business, reading his book. The journey was only an hour and a half.

 

Dean let everyone else off first and snaked his way to the front of the bus. The driver stood up, blocking his exit. A sense of dread slid down his spine, and he clutched his bag.

 

“I ain’t letting you off Omega, just you and me. I think you’re alone, ain’t got no one.” The bus driver sneered.

 

“Let me off. I can scream, you know.”

 

“Scream all you want. I can shut the doors, and I can take the bus to the depot.” the man laughed maniacally.

 

Dean heard the doors close with a hiss. The man pushed him back into the seat. Dean had no clue what to do; the space cramped. How would he fight back? The bus started up with a roar, then it suddenly stalled — a screech and a bang sounded somewhere near the driver’s side.

 

“What the…” the man sounded puzzled.

 

The doors hissed open, and the driver tried to stand up, but froze.

 

“What the fuck? What’s going on?” The man appeared to panic now, his face going white with abject fear.

 

Dean grabbed his bag and ran, hearing the driver yell, but he dare not glance back. Dean just continued going, not stopping until his lungs were on fire, and his legs hurt from the pain. Leaning against a wall, trying to get his breath back. It took a good ten minutes for him to feel ready to walk again.

 

Dean could not accept what had happened. That man was going to hurt him, and then he had no clue how the bus halted and how that man could not get up. It was like someone was sitting on him. He located a diner and raced in, grabbing a seat and ordering a burger and pie. Dean thought he deserved it after what had just happened.

 

Dean wandered around the city and found a bank. The lady at the till smiled, and it relaxed him.

 

“Someone’s lucky. You’ve got a healthy balance. Do you want to withdraw anything today?”

 

“Yes, please, ma’am, five hundred.”

 

The lady tapped on her keyboard and got the money ready, passing it to Dean. “Have a nice day?”

 

“You too.” Dean stood over an advertisement board and wondered what the woman meant. Looking at his bank book, he realised he had another three thousand dollars transferred into his account.

 

In a slight daze, he found a laundromat. Washing his clothes an hour passed, and he folded his clean clothes back into his bag. He searched around for accommodation; he found an Omega hotel. More costly than a motel, but after what transpired today, he felt spooked and just wanted to feel safe. He could get more money out if he desired. If only he knew his uncle’s contact number being this close, he could pick him up.

 

Dean went into the hotel. The lobby was bright and adequately maintained. Going up to the receptionist, who eyed him with caution. The woman seemed stern, with her silvery hair and gold-rimmed glasses. She wore a cream blouse and a black skirt.

 

“I need accommodation for the night, please,” Dean asked her.

 

“Don’t you have anyone with you?” the older woman asked, her glasses slipping off her narrow nose.

 

“No, ma’am, I need to contact my uncle. He lives in Sioux Falls. I need someplace safe to stay until then.”

 

The woman’s eyes became softer with the boy’s story, “What’s your uncle called, son?”

 

“Robert James Singer ma’am,” Dean told her.

 

“Bobby Singer, well, it just so happens that I know him. What’s your name?” She probed gently.

 

“Dean Winchester, I need to find Bobby and my baby brother.” Dean could feel tears prick his eyes.

 

The woman came around the wooden counter and put her arm around the upset boy. “Now, why don’t you sit in our common area? Paul here will get you a drink and everything you need to eat. I will ring Bobby; you’re safe here Dean, no one can hurt you. My name’s Aggie, by the way.” Smiling for the first time, Dean wondered why she did not do that more often; it made her less severe. “Paul, can you tend to Dean while I try to contact his family?”

 

“I can, Aggie. This way, Dean.” Paul was tall with flaming red hair that reminded him of his best friend. Dean followed the man into the common area, hoping he would be with his family soon.

Chapter 22: Getting back.

Summary:

Dean finds a hotel and gets help in finding Sam and Bobby. Dean tells Sam all about his angel heritage on the drive back to Bobby's.

Chapter Text

Dean sat down fatigued, drained, and rather despondent.

 

“Here you are, son.” Paul placed a generous mug of hot chocolate and a plate of chocolate cookies next to him.

 

“Thanks, dude, just what I needed.”

 

Paul smiled at the sleepy boy. “You’re most welcome. I have no clue how you charmed Aggie. Not one of the easiest people to get along with.”

 

Dean shrugged, sipping his warm drink. “She seems to be okay to me.” Dean glanced over at the calendar by the door and realised it was January the second. Just after New Year in the human world. No wonder people had not been around. He had met some lovely people on his journey. Someone was looking out for him, he was sure of it.

 

“Mmm, never saw her be nice to anyone, to be honest with you. Anyway, I hope you get back home. If not, you can stay here. No alpha or beta can get into the hotel.”

 

“I just need to sleep.” Dean yawned aloud.

 

Paul chuckled. “I can tell. Well, I best get on with my work. Stay here until Aggie gets back.”

 

“I will thank you.”

 

Paul continued to serve a couple that had just come into the room. Newly mated, it would seem, from the way they could not stop touching each other, Dean thought.

 

Dean finished his cookies and his drink and dozed. Gentle hands shook him sometime later.

 

“Dean, I rang Bobby. He can’t come until tomorrow, but we can offer you a room. Dinner is at six. Here’s the key. Why don’t you grab a shower, change, and watch a show? If you sleep now, you won’t sleep tonight.” Aggie told the young Omega.

 

“A hot shower sounds fabulous.” Dean beamed at the woman, taking his room key.

 

“Six, remember, don’t be late.” Her brown eyes twinkled.

 

“No, ma’am.” He grinned at her and waved, going to find his room.

 

Dean dumped his bag down and took his clothes off. He switched the shower on and he got in and savoured the warmth. Washing the grime of the road off himself, feeling quite normal again.

 

Dean got clean clothes on, not wanting to, but did not want to disappoint Aggie if he went down in dirty ones. He put on his green button-down and black jeans. He switched the television on and watched a couple of shows. Regularly checking his watch to keep an eye on the time.

 

Just before six, he travelled down and waited next to the dining area. Aggie smiled at him. The dining area was modest but cosy with warm burnt orange walls and a real fireplace. Dean ate everything; he enjoyed it all immensely. He went back to his room; he switched the television back on and got into his pyjamas. His eyes drooped, and he knew nothing else until morning.

 

 

XxxXxXxX

 

 

Dean woke with a start when the sun’s rays touched his face. He glanced out of the window. It was a beautiful day for the time of year. The sky was a royal blue with clouds like cotton candy being blown around with a slight breeze.

 

Dean got dressed and did his morning routine, glad he had found this place. He went down for breakfast, Aggie called him over.

 

“I’ve had a call from Bobby. He should be here soon. Dean, go grab something to eat and gather your belongings up. It won’t be long now.”

 

“Thank you for everything, Aggie,” Dean told her.

 

Dean ate bacon, eggs, and toast. Then went to pack his bag and snagged the key, giving it back to the reception. Waiting in the lobby for his uncle to arrive. Jiggling his legs with nervous anticipation.

 

“Dee.” a youthful voice shouted, and he had a lap full of one Samuel Winchester.

 

“God, Sammy, it’s so good to see you.”

 

The two boys hugged, reunited after so long. There was not a dry eye in the hotel at the endearing scene.

 

“Boy, so glad to have you back.” Bobby sounded affected as well, and Dean glanced up at his uncle.

 

“Bobby, thank you for this.”

 

“Let’s get you home, son. Sammy git off him. He needs to breathe, boy.”

 

Sam got off his big brother and collected his bag. Wiping his eyes. “Sorry, Dee.”

 

“It’s fine, Sammy.” Dean beamed at his baby brother.

 

Dean said goodbye to Aggie and Paul, and they went on their way. Bobby had a beat-up truck they scrambled into on their way. The journey took them a little over an hour and a half, and the two brothers caught up.

 

“So, what happened to you, Sammy?” Dean asked his little brother.

 

“They were these nice police officers called Donna and Jody who came to get me. She called mom’s family, but they did not want to know. Then I told them about Uncle Bobby, and they called him. I’ve not seen dad since Dean. I heard he had escaped with that Rook guy.” Sam shivered at the mere thought of the man.

 

Hazel eyes stared at Dean with such anguish. The older boy’s heart broke. “Dee. I’m sorry if I said or did anything to hurt you.”

 

“Hey, we were both abused, Sammy. I know you played up sometimes. Look, all I care about is that you’re safe. Dad is going to come, going to get you back.”

 

“I know, Dee, I’m scared. You’re my family, not him.”

 

“I know, buddy.” Dean ruffled the smaller boy’s hair. It had grown so long it covered his eyes. “I want us to stay with Uncle Bobby.”

 

“I like it there, Dee, schools great, and I made friends.”

 

“Dean, you can’t promise him that.” Bobby’s gruff voice cut through the brother’s conversation.

 

“Why not?” exclaimed Sam, confused.

 

“Dad dropped me off at the Angel Agency, Sammy. You get what that is, right? I will have to live with my mate.”

 

“Oh, I had no clue he sold you.” sniffed Sam upset, “Why would he do that?”

 

“I’m Omega, and it would get you what you need, a good college, clothes, food.”

 

“I would never get the money, Dee, not from John.”

 

“Yeah, buddy, you're right. There is something I found out. Mom was an angel; the Campbell family came from a powerful line. They dislike Nephilim, thats why they did not help us out. That’s what we are, Sammy, half angel and half-human.”

 

“Did dad know about this?” quizzed Sam in shock.

 

“I think either mom neglected to tell him, or he knew and had no clue at all about angels. When we entered the agency, he had no notion they could mind read and heard all he said.”

 

“Few things can kill an angel, son,” Bobby remarked.

 

“I get that, Uncle Bobby. That’s why I got Crowley involved. He got his son somehow into that agency to make certain I was okay. Well, you knew that anyway, I’m guessing?”

 

Bobby snorted and dipped his head in acknowledgement.

 

“I guess we will never find out how he did it.” 

 

“Sometimes it’s best not to ask where that demon is concerned.”

 

“Hey, you saved his life. He’s in debt to you for eternity.” giggled Dean.

 

“Stupid dumb ass demons should not go making deals with Demi-gods.” 

 

“Yeah, we know you love each other.” Dean sang out and got a clip round the ear for his troubles. “Anyway, I was saying if dad has limited knowledge about angels, then Alastair must have something to do with it. He stopped dad from, well.... Said I would be worth more.”

 

“If that bastard ever graces my doorstep, he will get his ass full of led.” groused the older man. “This Rook fellow could he be after you because you’re born Nephilim? Got your mom out of the way?”

 

“Bobby, my friend Charlie, thinks me and Castiel are star bonded.”

 

“Well, shit, son, that’s a legend. I have books you can read. Did you say Castiel?”

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“Your mate’s a pretty powerful angel.”

 

“One that doesn’t want me,” Dean whispered.

 

“You certain about that?” Bobby asked, pulling into his driveway.

 

“No one’s come lookin’ for me.” Dean said.

 

“Never underestimate an angel or an angel’s mate. They won’t let their mate vanish just like that, and if someone touches you; well, I would loathe being that person.”

 

Sam pulled Dean towards the house, but even with his family by his side, he still did not get that sense of home his soul yearned for. 

Chapter 23: A touch of an angel.

Summary:

Dean can feel the oncoming storm. A blast from Deans not so distant past comes to there aid. With Sam out of harm's way, Bobby and Dean get ready for the fight. Dean is shocked when two unlikely beings come to his rescue.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean could feel it. Something dark and insipid crept into his body. It was foreboding and grey. It’s fingers sleeking into every dark corner of his being. His limbs felt heavy, and his head, like someone, had stuffed cotton inside. He was tired, and he ached. Even the winter’s sun could not penetrate the lingering gloom. The Omega was drowning, screaming, but no one saved him — just a brick tied to his leg dragging him down to the murky depth of his very soul. 

  

Dean could see that his baby brother and his uncle were concerned for him. Something was coming, and they needed to prepare. 

  

“We need to get Sammy out of here, Uncle Bobby. He’s at risk—a distraction for me. They will go for him. They know he’s my weakness.” 

 

 “I’m on it, son; I have a friend in the city. She’s going to take him. Drive him to her house miles away from here. No one will dare mess with her.”

 

“You can trust her?” Dean asked sceptically.

 

“With my life.”

 

“When will she be here?” Dean asked, sharpening a knife while Bobby cleaned one of his guns. Salt rounds, holy water, and silver bullets were on the kitchen table. There was iron and led pipes, wooden stakes and silver knives. The arsenal was considerable, and it made Dean feel a lot safer. They did not know who their enemies were.

 

Bobby stepped out of the room and came back, handing Dean a silver blade. He had seen nothing like it before’. To the touch, it was blunt, but it hummed. He could hear it calling to him. Like it was otherworldly.

 

“What is this?” Dean gasped, his eyes grew wide at the object in his hand.

 

“That’s an angel blade. Can kill angels and demons. Use it wisely, son.”

 

Dean nodded and put the blade into his jeans. Dean knew it could not kill him, but it would hurt a hell of a lot. He was positive about it.

 

The doorbell sounded, and Dean went to open it. Shocked, he stood there with his mouth hung open at the woman in front of him. “Well, boy, you going to let me in?” Missouri asked him.

 

Dean smiled for the first time that day and hugged the woman tightly.

 

“Hey there, now let me breathe. How are you doing, sugar? You look like a bunch of hellhounds are after you.”

 

“I feel it, Missouri; they’re coming,” Dean whispered, shivering at the itch under his skin.

 

“I know. I will get your brother out of here. Ain’t no one getting past me. Now I need to use the bathroom; you grab me a nice cup of tea. A drop of milk and one teaspoon of sugar, if you please.”

 

“Okay,”

 

Missouri patted Dean on the cheek and nods her head. The old woman makes her way to the downstairs bathroom. Bobby went over to Dean.

 

“How the hell do you know, a white witch boy?” Bobby grumbled at his nephew.

 

“Missouri was the first person who helped me. I like her.”

 

“Yeah, she’s a good person. Not everything is black and white in this world, Dean. The bad people don’t parade around with pointy hats and moustaches. I have a book for you to read in my office. Get that woman a drink first and make sure your brothers packed. It’s something you need to read without interruption.”

 

“Thanks, Uncle Bobby.” Dean went to make the tea and cut up some cake. He brought it on a tray and set it on a small wooden table. Missouri and Bobby were talking, so he left and went up to Sam’s room.

 

“Sammy, are you ready?”

 

“I don’t see why I have to leave, Dean. I can help. I’m not a baby.”

 

Dean rubbed his head and sat down on the bed tiredly. “This is not about you, Sammy, it’s about me. They will use you to get at me. They get you and the games over. Don’t you get that?”

 

“Your mate won’t let that happen, Dee,” Sam told his brother.

 

“I do not know where Cas is. If he’s stuck in Heaven or not, he may not hear me, Sammy. I can’t take that chance.”

 

“Ok, Dee, if this keeps you safe, I will leave. Promise you will call when it’s all over? I need to know more about my angel side. I also want to meet your mate. I have to talk to him, make certain he’s good enough for my big brother.”

 

Dean grinned. He knew his baby brother would be an Alpha. Full of protective concern, even at a tender young age. “I promise Sammy, and anyway, we need to catch up. I don’t know the laws about family and the nest, not learnt that yet.”

 

“I will read up on it, Dee.” The little boy grinned.

 

“That’s your new project, then. Now be good for Missouri. She’s a white witch, so maybe she will teach you a thing or two.”

 

“That’s awesome, Dee.” Sam’s eyes twinkled with excitement.

 

“Yeah, it is. Grab your bag. It’s time to leave.” The brothers went down the stairs, and Missouri was waiting for them.

 

“You boys say goodbye, and we will come back when all this mess is over.”

 

Dean hugged his little brother tightly. “I love you, Sammy.”

 

“I love you too, Dee.” The little boy ran over to his uncle and hugged him, too.

 

“See you soon, boy, be good,” Bobby told him.

 

Missouri helped Sam out to the car. They watched them go, waving goodbye.

 

“I’m going to check the salt lines and demon traps. I have to talk to Crowley first, though.”

 

“If he has news for me, can you let me know?”

 

“Sure, son.”

 

Dean went into his uncle’s study to read the books he had deposited there. There were two books on the desk, they were yellow with age, and they smelt musty. The dust fell off them, and he had a coughing fit. Dean placed the books down and went to get a glass of water. When he got back, both books were open on various pages.

 

 

‘Must be the wind.’ Dean thought to himself, but he knew’ he was kidding himself. Searching the text. It was all about the Star Bond.

 

 

Star Bond- Every generation, the Lord God put in place a safety net that if his creation would steer off the path he had set out for them, one human, and one angel, would be born to save humanity. God became angry when the Fate’s prophesied the apocalypse; he did not want the Earth destroyed.

 

Pestilence, Greed, War and Famine would pillage the earth and the end of the days would be nigh. God, then placed an angel in the care of his youngest son to nurse and protect him for the day he would greet his mate and end the approaching war. This righteous man would come from nothing but would have heart, charity, loyalty, and kindness in abundance. Their love will save the world and bring peace to the lands and wealth to the people.

 

Dean flipped over the second book. It was about angel mates.

 

Profound Bonds- They are virtually unheard of, and it has passed down through generations. The bond between human and angel is a powerful element, but when the human dies, the angel will survive. Unlike the alternative, if the angel dies, and this is rare, the human would perish. The rare case of an angel and a Nephilim have been reported, and their bond was often stronger. The Nephilim kept their mortal vessel throughout their time between Heaven and the earthly plane. They have reported no incidents of any death. But their mating instincts are stronger, and they can feel each other after mating. They can sense each other if they’re in danger, even when they are not on the same plane of existence.

 

‘Well, that can’t be me, not anything righteous here.‘ Dean thought to himself. ‘My angel does not want me for starters, but it was an interesting read.’

 

There was a sudden gust of wind that blew through the cramped office, and the books slammed shut. Papers flew around the room, and a black feather floated down onto the desk. Bobby stepped in and raised his eyebrow.

 

“What’s going on, son?”

 

“I think there’s a window open somewhere. This feather blew in. Did you hear anything from Crowley?”

 

There aren’t any windows.‘ Thought Bobby, who studied the feather. “He wants to see you. Come with me.”

 

Dean got up and followed his uncle down some steps to the basement.

 

Crowley stood there looking dapper in his charcoal grey suit and blood-red tie. “Hello, love, nice to see you again.”

 

“Hey Crowley, how are you doing?”

 

“Fine, fine, I have news.” the demon seemed agitated.

 

“Okay, what’s up?” Dean asked, sitting on a turned over wooden box.

 

“Your dad killed your mom, but there is something not right. I can’t put my finger on it. He knows nothing about angels, yet he killed one. There are only three things that can kill an angel. Childbirth when they’re at their weakest. A poison apple from the very tree that Adam and Eve sinned from, and an angel blade.”

 

“Your Castiel guards that tree, Dean,” Bobby told the Omega. “I doubt anyone could get to it. Sammy was born, and you remember your mom, so we know it can’t be in childbirth. Unless she was pregnant again. But there was no sign of that. Karen and I were around all the time until she took sick.”

 

“That leaves the angel blade,” Crowley stated.

 

“Uncle Bobby, where did you get the one you gave me from?” asked Dean, his green eyes grew wide with fear.

 

“Well, shit, your daddy gave it to me. Said it was a gift from your mom’s family. Did not want it in the house, not with kids around.”

 

“So, this blade killed my mom?” Dean’s hands shook as he traced the blade with his fingers.

 

“Yeah, I would say so. Sorry, Dean had no clue.”

 

“Not your fault,” Dean told his uncle. “I just don’t get why he would want mom out of the way.”

 

“That’s easy, Dean. Angels are extremely protective of their fledglings. If John had a nefarious reason for wanting to harm you or use you, she would have killed him.” Crowley told the Omega.

 

“So, John needed my mom out of the way. That’s why she died?”

 

“In a nutshell,” Crowley told the young angel. “I’m truly sorry, Dean.”

 

“Thanks, Crowley. Say hi to Zad for me. I want to know how it went with Joel and Raz.”

 

“I will pass the message on. I need to inform you that Rook is a demon, and he’s heading this way. He was the last time my minions spoke to me.” The demon grinned like a shark.

 

“The same minions that cornered me in the alleyway, by any chance?” 

 

“Yes, your uncle taught you well both in exercising a demon and Enochian.”

 

“Someone had to teach the boy,” Bobby grunted.

 

“I would think less of you if you didn’t. Well, I will take my leave. I hope you can manage Alastair? He won’t have many minions with him. I have slaughtered most of his followers.” And with that, the demon vanished in a puff of black smoke.

 

“Always so dramatic. Now I need to sort the demon traps and salt lines out. Get the salt guns and everything ready.”

 

“Yes, sir.” Dean ran up the stairs and started sorting the ammunition he would need for demons.

 

Suddenly, a shiver ran up his spine, and that dark feeling intensified. Dean clutched his stomach, pain like hot needles shot through him. He ran to the staircase and shouted up to his uncle.

 

“Uncle Bobby there here, I can feel them.” Fear laced his tone, but he knew he had to keep a clear head. They would use something from his nightmares to play with his mind.

 

Dean opened the front door and kept behind the salt line. He saw a man with a clean-shaven face wearing a grey suit and a baby blue dress shirt. His hair was thinning on top and was brown. He was neither tall nor short and would get lost in a crowd. There was nothing special about him. His eyes flicked black, and Dean knew who he was, Alastair Rook, the demon who ran with his dad.

 

“Hello Dean, how are you doing? You look healthier than the last time we met.”

 

Three demons stood next to Alastair. One was thin, with a narrow face and short-cropped hair. The next demon was a large lady, with cherry red hair and tattoos that snaked over her skin. The other demon was pale and sickly.

 

“I’m fine, thanks for asking,” Dean told the demon.

 

“Always so polite. That’s what I always liked about you, boy. Not like that ass of a father.”

 

“Why hang out with John if you don’t like him?” Dean asked.

 

“He was a means to an end. I needed to get you out of the way. Once I got the money, your dad owed me I could carry on the plans I had for Sammy. Feed him my blood, and he would be the next King of Hell.”

 

“You’re delusional.” snorted Dean.

 

“I’m going to rule the world, Dean; it will be mine.”

 

Bobby came out and stood next to him and shot a round of salt into the demons. “Don’t just stand there talking, princess, get them dead.”

 

“Affirmative, captain.” Dean picked up his gun and shot round after round at the demons.

 

“Get them, you idiots,” shouted Alastair Rook at his minions.

 

“The salt it hurts, boss.” the lanky demon lamented.

 

“Do I have to do everything myself?” Rook shouted at the three demons.

 

Eyes flashing black, the demon grabbed a knife around his belt and threw it at Dean. It never hit its mark. Flying halfway through the air, it stopped. It then flipped around and buried itself into the forehead of the lanky demon. The demon lit up like the fourth of July. Screaming and flailing his arms and legs and dropping dead on the floor, not able to smoke out. The knife then flew and landed at Dean’s feet.

 

“What the hell?” Dean gasped, knowing this knife was unique and had no clue what was going on.

 

“Keep that thingy safe.” bellowed Bobby, loading his gun with more salt.

 

Cherry hair got closer to Dean, but she found her legs go underneath her and landed on her back with a thud. Dean started an exorcism. Black smoke billowed from the creature’s mouth; it screamed when it could not sink to hell. The smoke just hung in the air, like hazy black smog. Trying to get back into the vessel. Dean stopped, not sure what he was seeing was real.

 

“Don’t stop idjit, keep going,” yelled Bobby, firing off another round of salt pellets. Then throwing a bucket full of holy water at the pale face demon who smoked like he was on fire.

 

Dean started his chant again, and the smoke dissipated, turning into yellow and black striped butterflies.

 

“What the hell?” Bobby muttered next to him. The older man jumped down off the steps and was slammed back by Rook with a sickening crack of his skull.

 

“Uncle Bobby, no,” shouted Dean in terror. Pale face was still smoking, but Dean leapt off the stoop and pulled his uncle back to safety, making sure the salt ring was intact. Grabbing the hilt of the knife, he made a run for it and pushed the blade into the smoking demon. With a high-pitched scream, the demon lit up and fell back onto the dusty ground.

 

“Dean, you fight well.” laughed Rook manically. “You’re no match for me, though.”

 

The demon shimmered closer to Dean, coming to grab for him. One hand touched his shoulder. And this is where he made his grave error of judgement. Castiel and Gabriel appeared behind him, and Dean’s eyes went wide in shock. The Omega forgot the angel blade he carried; he ignored the weapons’ training. His mind went blank.

 

“Can you tell me, demon, why you’re touching my mate?” Castiel growled, eyes flashing red. Swinging Rook around to face him. Gabriel pinned his hands behind his back and using his mojo stopping the demon from smoking out.

 

“What the… You’re not stuck in Heaven?” seethed the demon, his ugly face contorted in anger.

 

“Your little plan to keep me busy did not work. I found the mole, the one that was planted there by you. I don’t take kindly to that. Trying to get to the tree, infiltrating my garrison’s, getting to my mate. I will punish Ion for his crimes as you will be.” 

 

“You can’t hold me forever, angel. I will be back,” Rook said with conviction in his raspy tone.

 

“And how will you be doing that?” smirked Gabriel, enjoying himself.

 

“You have a conscience, this vessel as a live person inside. You won’t kill me.” The demon chuckled, thinking he had won.

 

“You always underestimate my Dean,” Castiel tells the demon. “He burns brighter than a supernova, but few people see him.” Blue eyes sought his mate and flick back over to the demon. “Dean can exorcise a demon and still leave the vessel intact. You won’t be going back to hell.”

 

“What! I have never heard of such a thing. You lie.” the demon hissed like a demented snake.

 

“Angels can’t lie. Dean, please start?” Castiel winked at the young boy.

 

Dean started the exorcism with shaky hands. Gabriel still holding the demon. Castiel placed a firm grip on his mate’s shoulder for support. Rook tried his best to escape. He writhed in pain and gave out high-pitched screams that made Dean’s ears bleed. The demon left the vessel intact. Castiel pulled at the smoke and waved his hands, and black and yellow butterflies flew around their heads and vanished into the earth.

 

Dean ran to his uncle after Gabriel promised to take the two humans to a hospital.

 

“Your uncle’s fine, Dean. He will recover.” Castiel moved the man to the couch and placed a blanket over him. Castiel put hands on his mate and healed him.

 

Standing back, Dean glanced at the angel before him. “Why did you not want me as your mate, Cas?” Dean asked him. The Omega felt like he would burst if he did not find out the truth.

 

Pain shot across the angel’s face. “I want you. It was never about taking a human mate, or any mate, for that matter. I knew something was going on and Chuck would not tell me. It was like he was taking my free will away. I had to keep away from you, and I saw the pain that caused you. I am genuinely sorry for that, Dean.”

 

“Where have you been all this time?” Dean’s voice wobbled slightly.

 

“Gabriel and I have been by your side every step of the way. When I had to deal with the garrison, I asked my brother to monitor you. I was there when you were at Cal’s house. I was there when you were depressed and alone. There, when you had to sleep in the barn, I kept you warm. There when that trucker and bus driver thought about harming you. Both I and Gabriel were on this journey with you, Dean. I even made you take weapons’ training to help you fight off the bullies. I would never leave you, Dean. You’re my mate.”

 

“Was it you that put money into my bank account?”

 

 No, I have not done that?” The question puzzled Castiel.

 

“Cas, I’m not what those books say. I know it was you that sent them feathers. I’m not worthy of someone like you, just broken and…” Dean closed his eyes, not able to carry on the sentence.

 

The angel walked closer to Dean. “Hear me out, sweetheart. You’ve been treated appallingly most of your life. You find it hard to trust people around you. I have been by your side every step of the way, I promise. I know you felt me, as I felt you. You know this is the absolute truth. I followed orders but could not keep away any longer. You are my mate, my one and only. I love you, Dean Winchester. With every atom, every feather on my wing. You are a part of me.”

 

“You… Love me?” stuttered Dean in astonishment.

 

“Yes, sweet boy, how could I not?” Castiel swiped at the stray tears pouring down his mate’s star-kissed face.

 

Dean leaned into the angel’s firm body, and Castiel pulled him in closer. “I’m never letting go again.” Whispered the angel.

 

Dean knew in an instant that this was what he had been missing all his life. Home was in the arms of his angel.

Notes:

Our boys finally meet. (Little dance of joy) I have not slept all night because flair up from the depths of hell itself has descended on me. My boys always cheer me up and I loved writing this. I may have shed a tear or two.

Thanks for your love, encouragement and support.

Chapter 24: Birthday treat

Summary:

Deans birthday, never really celebrated before, not that he can remember. His friends and Castiel make sure its a day to remember.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“So, did Sammy get back okay?” Charlie asked her best friend.

 

“Yeah, he had a great time at Missouri’s. Did not want me to leave, but it’s not like I won’t visit him again.”

 

“True, but it’s nice that you’ve re-connected.”

 

Dean nodded in agreement. “I missed him and Uncle Bobby, but until Johns caught Cas says it’s best for me to remain here at the agency.”

 

“I agree. You never know where that man’s lurking. Did you ever find out who continues putting money into your bank account?”

 

“I have no clue, but, I’m keeping an eye on that. We spoke to the bank, just in case. It was a mistake, but it’s not.”

 

“That’s a genuine mystery, then.” hummed Charlie with a faraway glint in her eyes.

 

“Yes. Zadkiel contacted me before I came back about Joel and Raziel. He got help from a witch. They can’t harm another if they do. They will feel blinding pain. It draws them to help the needy, help charity in that kind of situation.”

 

“Won’t that affect their free will?” questioned Charlie, perplexed.

 

“No, they don’t have to help. They can walk away, but it’s going to be a lonely life if they do.”

 

“That’s fair. I hate to say it, but they brought this on themselves. What about Hael, Jace and Uriel? Any news on that?”

 

“No, nothing.” Dean shrugged.

 

“So, how did Zad get into the agency because I would love to know?” Charlie’s green eyes sparkled with all the gossip she was receiving.

 

Dean snorts. “His mom was an angel, so the sensors detected that, not his demon side. He grabbed a pass and found Joel and Raziel, who thought he was a kindred spirit. No one asked questions.”

 

“Are you kidding me?” Charlie looked uneasy.

 

“Nope, I kid you not. I think Gabriel’s acting on that, making it safer for us. Raz says there’s a way to get around everything in life. Like a loophole. I guess that comes from having a dad as a KOH.”

 

“Huh, sure does. So, have you talked to Castiel about rules and whatnot?”

 

“Not yet. Castiel had to get back, sort the mess out with the garrison. Cas came back with me, made sure I was safe though. We’re going to sit down and talk soon when he gets back.”

 

“Kevin and I have fixed the cameras and computers. No one can hack into them now. Your way out of the agency is blocked. Castiel made sure of it.” Charlie informed him.

 

“I understand that if I can get out, anyone can get in. There was a demon in here for a time, so I expect that scared the agency.” Dean smirked.

 

Charlie giggled. “Yeah, we had to set up additional security measures. We have a new angel called Ambriel greeting the newbies, and in here we have Janey. I met them there nice.”

 

“Great, I will make sure I say hello.” grinned Dean, glad everything was getting back on an even keel.

 

“Hey, guys.” Adam bounded over to his friends. “Happy birthday, Dean.” Adam shoved a brightly wrapped present under Dean's nose.

 

“Thanks, dude.”

 

Mertha came over carrying a tray full of pancakes, bacon, and eggs for the Omegas.

 

“Happy birthday, Dean.” the angel beamed.

 

“Wow, thanks, Mertha, this looks amazing.” Dean’s eyes lit up with wonder at the spread and gifts. 

 

The angel fished around in her apron and came out with a neatly wrapped box and handed it to Dean.

 

“Just a little something.”

 

“Thank you so much.” beamed Dean.

 

Someone cleared their throat behind them, and Dean glanced up. “Cas, I didn’t think you could come today?”

 

“What! And miss your birthday, not a chance.” Castiel put a parcel down on the table next to the others. “Happy birthday, love.”

 

“Thanks, Cas,” Dean whispered shyly.

 

“Now eat up. I’m glad that Mertha here has been watching over you.”

 

“Well, someone had to.” the angel realised what she had just said and gone red in the face.

 

Dean came to his mate’s defence right away. “Cas has been there for me, Mertha just…”

 

Castiel waved the comment aside with his hand. “Its fine Dean, eat before it gets cold. Then you can open your gifts.”

 

Dean, Adam, and Charlie ate their food, chattering about their friend’s latest adventure. Dean could see that Castiel was talking to Mertha. The angel turned, and the Omega knew he was requesting permission, and he nodded his head. Castiel smiled and hugged his sister.

 

After breakfast, Dean opened his presents with childlike delight. “I’ve never had birthday presents before.” He remarked.

 

The others watched on with determined faces, never to let Dean’s birthday pass with him being alone and feeling unloved again.

 

“Dean, before you start, this came for you.” Castiel handed Dean a white envelope. “Open it, love.”

 

Dean opened the envelope, pulling the letter that was inside. He read it, shocked at what he saw.

 

“I-I passed, with top marks,” He said shakily.

 

“Dean, that’s amazing.” Charlie hugged him, and so did Adam.

 

Castiel watched the friends and felt a little jealous of the familiarity, but stayed quiet on the subject.

 

“Well, I knew you would. Gabriel tells me you could teach his class.” Beamed the angel proud of his mate.

 

“I-I was told that I was stupid all my life.”

 

Castiel knelt and tipped Dean’s head up with his hand to face him. The angel tapped the paper with long, slender fingers. “I guess love this eliminated any of that utter nonsense, don’t you?”

 

“Yeah, it does.” Dean giggled, feeling so light, he could float on air.

 

“Well done, Dean, you did great.” Adam thumped his back.

 

“Now come on, I want to nosey at what you got for your birthday,” Charlie called out impatiently.

 

Charlie and Anna got Dean the Harry Potter book collection. Adam and Michael had got him a selection of Marvel comic books and a Tatty teddy bear. Dean stroked the bear reverently. He may be seventeen today, but he never had a furry friend before.

 

“I hope you like it; I picked it out,” Adam said with some trepidation in his voice.

 

“I love him, Adam, I never had one before, thank you.” Dean sniffed, touched by his gift.

 

Dean opened Mertha’s gift. It was a watch, with leather straps and an analogue face. Other friends at the agency had given him candy, and he even got fluffy socks that had angel wings attached to them. Gabriel’s gift was a book with Enochian jokes. Castiel raised his eyebrow at that, which made him giggle.

 

Castiel’s present came last. It was a wooden cedar box, with the Enochian alphabet burnt into it. Dean opened it to find three small oval balls just slightly larger than golf balls. Made of glass from the looks of it, Dean picked the one on his right up first.

 

It was like someone had placed a small universe inside the orb — swirled silver, gold and green, intermingling colours like beautiful ribbons. It pulsed like it had a heartbeat. In the dead centre, there was a planet which seemed to grow, forming before his very eyes into a new world. Dean had witnessed nothing so wondrous in his entire life.

 

Dean picked up the middle orb. This one was cyan blue at the top and forest green at the bottom and transparent in the middle. Somehow it looked like birds had taken flight between the two colours that he believed represented earth and water. He moved it around and watched in awestruck wonder.

 

The last sphere was dark, almost midnight blue, like the night’s sky. On closer inspection, there were pinpricks of light, and he could see the constellation of stars, Orion, Perseus, and The Pleiades among others. Then shooting stars shot across the glass, lighting up the globe within. Dean gasped in awe at the pure beauty of this fantastic gift.

 

Dean glanced up, tears in his jade green eyes. “I don’t know what to say Cas.” He whispered, words failing him.

 

Charlie had her hand over her mouth, with tears streaming down her face. “That’s simply beautiful, commander.” She whispered, not wanting to break the magic of the moment.

 

“You’re my star, Dean. You shine so brightly. When you feel low, when you assume, no one loves you and you are all alone in this world. Look at these, and it will be a reminder we love you, that you have a family bigger, then you can imagine, and that you have me, always.”

 

Dean put the orb down and closed the box. Flinging his arms around his angel. “Thank you, angel, and I love you.”

 

“As I love you.” The angel smiled softly at the affection he was receiving. “Now I have permission from Anna and Michael to take you three to a theme park. How about we have fun on your birthday?”

 

“Really?” Adam jumped up so quick; his chair fell with a clatter onto the floor. Charlie squealed in delight.

 

“You can carry all of us, Cas?” asked Dean, puzzled.

 

Castiel huffed at the indignation of the question. “Of course.” The angel shook his head like carrying three teenagers would not be a problem for him.

 

Charlie chuckled at the commander’s face and linked hands with Dean and Adam. “Let’s have fun.”

 

Dean chuckled, and Adam whooped. Castiel put his arms around all the Omegas, and with a whoosh, they vanished.

 

All four of them had a great day. It took Dean time to loosen up, to realise that good happened. Castiel had paid for VIP tickets so they could receive priority on rides. They had burgers for dinner. Got souvenirs and had an auspicious day.

 

When it was lunchtime, they sat in one of the park’s restaurants. “I’ve not had a burger in ages,” commented Dean when they were sitting down.

 

Castiel raised his eyebrow. Charlie and Adam giggled, knowing this was not the truth. Dean had blatantly gone against Castiel’s diet recommendations since he entered the agency.

 

“What! What did I do now?” Dean asked, glancing around the table.

 

When Castiel had got up to get the pie. Charlie and Adam whispered to their friend. “The commander has so got a Dom brow going.” giggled Adam, snorting into his coke.

 

“What now?” Dean asked, confused.

 

“Don’t worry, little one.” Charlie chirped,” But if he does that thing with his eyebrow, just know that trouble’s brewing.”

 

Dean nodded seriously. He had seen it more than once. He agreed with his friends. Castiel took Adam and Charlie home, and then Dean back to the agency.

 

“Thank you, Cas, for everything. I had the best birthday ever.” Dean sleepily grinned.

 

“You’re most welcome, love. I will see you next Saturday. Be good.”

 

“Sure Cas, for you.” Dean hugged the angel and went toward the elevators. Turning, he waved. Then went towards his room.

 

Castiel stayed until he could no longer spot his mate. Thankful that he could make up for some loss of his childhood and bringing joy for a fleeting moment to his troubled world.

Notes:

The Stars

Orion-The Hunter.
Perseus-Lovers and Heros.
The Pleiades-Angels

Thanks for your love, support and great comments xxx

Chapter 25: We will rock you.

Summary:

Castiel takes Dean to there nest and worries what he will think about it. Dean gets upset when Castiel as the talk with him about the rules he has to adhere to.

Notes:

Warning-Tiny insert for self-harm, Castiel tells Gabriel about Deans past. Not-Graphic.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean was not positive about the coming weeks ahead. What were the rules? Did he still have to be in bed by nine? Did he even have to drink the two litres of water? Was he still on the restricted diet? He had no clue. He went to ask Pam and Mertha they had no instructions, so he spent the week as normal. He did his classes and any homework and not staying up awfully late. He missed Charlie and Adam, but he could FaceTime them and text, so that helped tremendously.


Saturday came frostily. Dean glimpsed out of the window at seven o’clock that morning. He made patterns with his breath on the screen window. He wished he could leave for a run. Trusted angels were a little thin on the ground, and he knew with certainty that Castiel would not let him out of his sight.


Grabbing a warm shower, he dressed in blue jeans, his Tenth doctor t-shirt and his Marauders map hoodie. He put on his Converse—the same ones that the tenth doctor wore. They had been Feast of the East presents from Charlie and Adam, and he cherished them.


Sitting down for breakfast, he had waffles, eggs and orange juice. Joe and his friends came to sit with him, and they talked about classes and graduation.


Joe stared up when the connecting door opened into the common area. “The commander’s here for you, Dean.”


“Oh, thanks. I guess I will catch you guys later.”


Dean deposited his dirty tray and walked over to his angel. “Hey Cas, you look nice.”


Castiel smiled. He had black jeans and a light pale blue tee-shirt that hugged the contours of his upper body.


“You look lovely also, Dean.”


Dean realised the angel was nervous, and he felt it, the buzz humming all over his body.


“Castiel, are you feeling okay?” Dean grew a little worried now.


Blue eyes became intense, and he stared at Dean. “You used my full name?”


“Yeah, I guess I should when others are around. I never thought.”


“You are my mate, you’re allowed, Dean. I forget you can feel me. I’m a little nervous. There is something I would like to show you.”


“What are you so unsettled about, angel?” Dean whispered, keeping his voice down, wanting to keep their conversation private.


“You may not like it and it’s important to me.” Castiel played with his fingers and would not face his mate.


“Why don’t you show me? I cannot comment on it until you do.”


“We need to walk back through to the angel side. No angels can fly out of this site anymore. We have imposed more stringent security measures.”


“Fair enough,” Dean shrugged, following his angel out. They flashed their cards over the sensors. The door, flicked red to green, and Castiel pushed it open. They strode down the corridor, and a camera followed their every move. They did the same checks on the second door and came to a female angel sat by a wooden desk.


“Dean, this is my sister, Ambriel.”


“Hello Dean, call me Amber, most do.” the angel smiled softly, but she had a fierce edge to her.


“Amber is part of my garrison, so that no one will get past her.”


“Cas, can I ask you something?”


“Anything love?”


“Can you read my mind?”


“No, because of your angelic side. Maybe when bonded, I will. Why do you ask?”


“I just wondered, free will and all that.”


“I would not invade your privacy like that.” Castiel seemed upset with the question.


“I know Cas. I’ve not learnt that yet. There is just so much I need to learn.”


“You’re in your last year, Dean; they will cover that. Even we angels learn new things every day.” Ambriel piped up.


Castiel must have realised that his mate was asking a genuine question and meant nothing by it. “You can ask me anything, love.”


“You need to sign the book Dean, and so do you, commander.”


Castiel and Dean signed the book, saying goodbye to the other angel.


Dean walked next to his angel, deep in thought. One, if that was the reaction that asking a question like that brought his angel no way, was he doing that again? Two that loophole that Raz talked about, he had found one. No angel or demon could pop into the human part of the agency, or any other creature. If Dean got his powers, he could fly out because they had not warded the place against him and his kind.


XxXxXxX


“Cas, can I open my eyes now?” Dean huffed his annoyance at his angel.


“Well, okay, but…”


“Cas just show me, please,” stated Dean, feeling exasperated.


“Fine, open your eyes then.” grunted the angel, once again sounding like he wanted the world to swallow him up.


Dean opened his eyes slowly. He could smell the soft scent of pine, rosemary, and winter Jasmine. The pine trees towered overhead, and the flowers dotted around their grey trunks. A stone-paved path led up to a wooden cabin — the lawn a vibrant green for the time of year. The cabin was three storeys tall, with a porch and steps up to the front door and a garage inbuilt into the house. The wood was deep mahogany, that blended in with the wild scenery. No other homes cluttered the landscape.


“Cas, what’s this?” Dean said in awe at the magnificent place.


“It’s my-our-nest.”


‘Stupid angel, thinking I would hate it.’ thought Dean, mentally scolding his mate. “Well, are you going to show me inside?” Dean quizzed the angel.


“Dean if you come in- “


“Castiel, I accept you, warts and all. Or do you assume I was lying?” Dean folded his arms and narrowed his eyes at the angel.


Castiel’s eyes flew wide, and he visibly swallowed, not wanting a pissed off Omega on his hands. Grabbing Dean and pulling him along. “I want to show you what I did, but you can change it. Let me know?”


“Cas now you’re rambling.”


“I don’t want you to smite me or anything. I quite like our nest,” Castiel told his mate.


“Like I’d have that much power,” he grunted, and the angel gave him a funny expression.


“I better keep on your good side than you never find out.” Quipped the angel, grinning at his mate.


They ascended the stairs, and Castiel opened the door with a flick of his wrist. They entered a hall of pine; it made the place have a lighter touch to it, more so than the outside. There was room for boots, coats, which led to a laundry area washroom and sink.


Next to that was a substantial open-plan kitchen. The cabinets were made of beechwood and all modern appliances were secretly stashed elsewhere. A huge island sat in the middle of the kitchen, filled to the brim with cooking paraphernalia. Large windows let in light, and a door led to a wooden deck. A narrow oval table with four chairs stood near the window, so you could admire the view while you ate. The floors were wooden but mismatched in colour.


There was a large dining area just off the kitchen with a table running down the centre. A sideboard with tableware and light blue dinner service sat inside. There were cups and cake plates decorated with a bee pattern on them, with little cake forks with cartoon bumblebees on the handles.


“Cute.” Dean giggled.


“I like bees.” Castiel shrugged.


“You wear bee socks with your badass battledress.”


Castiel blushed at that statement. “How do you know that?”


“I’m observant, angel.” Dean winked.


The living space was again open plan with a brick chimney breast and a wood fireplace — lots of mismatch furniture and a comfy looking brown leather couch. There was a vast reading lamp that curved over a baby blue chair. A small bookcase stood nearby and a wooden table that had a book on it.


Dean grinned when he saw a Ravenclaw clock ticking away just up from the bookcase.


“So Ravenclaw?”


“Naturally, and you?”


“Slytherin, keep you on your toes, hey Cas.” Dean laughed at the look of shock on his mate’s face.


Dean found an extensive library and an entertainment room. ‘This place is like the Tardis.’ he whispered to himself.


“It’s bigger on the inside than the out. If I need to add a room, you need to tell me.”


“Hey, I thought you said you couldn’t read my mind?”


“I can’t, but you forget I’m an angel, Dean. I have exceptional hearing.”


Dean rolled his eyes and kept exploring. There was what he called a man den, with black leather armchairs and a drinks cabinet. A game room more up his street, with every known game console under the sun. The angel had loaded the games into a broad wooden cupboard alongside the DVDs. The room had a Blu-ray player alongside an enormous flat-screen T.V. It had a pool table and Foosball table. There was a small cinema with a large screen and seats that moved. Dean found a heated swimming pool. An office that Castiel told Dean he could not enter but had no interest in.


Then he went upstairs. The entire second floor was one room. The bed was an emperor set in the room’s north corner. The walls were a pale blue, but it did not make the room feel cold but warm, anyway. There were walk-in closets and again the large windows that peered out to the forest below. There was a balcony with a green table and chairs. The room had wooden floors, but plush, deep blue rugs covered the area.


Then he searched for a generous bathroom. The shower could hold five people. He was positive about it. Mosaic tiles covered the room in blues and greens as they twisted together, making it look like the undulating sea. There was a spa bath, never having one before. He looked forward to sampling it. It could fit two fully grown men; he wondered if the angel would want to bathe with him. The sinks were his and his, and the cupboards whitewashed. They stored everything you ever needed inside them.


Going up to the third floor again, it covered the complete complex. This room was empty.


“What’s this for Cas?” Dean asked his angel.


“Well, you may want guests to stay over.”


“You would allow that?” gasped Dean, staring at his mate in shock.


“Close friends and family only. Charlie, Adam, Bobby, and Sam are family. They can’t come onto the second floor, but everywhere else is okay. There is a stairwell that will take them past our room.”


“Cas, this nest is wonderful. I’m so lucky to have you.”


“I’m the lucky one, Dean Winchester. Now we need to talk and don’t be rolling your eyes, young man.”


“Casss,” Dean whined, pouting.


Castiel held out his hand, and Dean took it. “Come, let’s get this hard part out of the way so we can have an enjoyable weekend.”


“I’m up for that.”


They both sat on the couch, the fire lit, and Castiel draped a unicorn rug over his mate to ward off the chill.


“May I start first?” Dean asked.


“You may.”


“I want to ask forgiveness for the way I acted over your rules. I never stuck to them. I was angry with you.”


“Thank you, Dean, for owning up to that. I won’t punish you for your transgressions. What happened was neither of our faults, though I could have handled it a lot better than I did. I left you feeling unwanted, not loved, and that I can never forgive myself for.”


“I forgive you, Cas.” Dean gazed into those blue eyes and found love and truth in them.


“You have so much love in you, Dean, so much to give. That endears me to you.”


“I still feel like this is all a dream.”


“If I have to tell you every day for the rest of our existence until you believe it, then I will. Now, the rules, I put you on those restrictions because of how sick you were. I spoke with Pam, and she agreed. Your body needed to rest. I did this for you, Dean, not out of some misguided punishment.”


“I never thought of that.”


“You’re young; I don’t expect you to. I was much the same. You can ask Gabriel.” Castiel’s eyes twinkled, and Dean grinned back. “I spoke with Pam, and I will lift some restrictions. I would still like you to see a therapist; I think this worked for you?”


“Yes, I would like to carry on.” Dean nodded in agreement.


“Bedtime is ten on a school night. Food; however, you need to eat a healthy diet, Dean.”


“Cas, you can’t take burgers away from me and pie,” Dean sulked and crossed his arms.


“Dean, this is non-negotiable, and if I find you sneaking any food, not on your list, you will get a punishment. Your blood tests speak for themselves. Your body is still healing. Your Nephilim side has not come out, and you’re running on empty.”


“That’s not fair,” shouts Dean, red in the face.


“So, it’s fair that I could lose you? That I could lose my mate, just when I found him? Because you’re dying, that would kill me.”


“I’m sorry Cas, so sorry.” Dean hides his face in his hands and starts crying. Castiel hurries over and envelopes the boy in his arms.


“Hey, come on. It’s only until your angel side comes out. I’m just looking out for you, love.”


“I’m so sorry, angel.”


“Hush now, love. It’s okay. I know you’re sorry.”


“Will I see you?” Dean shakes, clutching the angel’s tee-shirt.


“Sometimes yes, sometimes no. When I can’t get time off, I will get someone I trust to spend time with you.”


“Okay, that sounds like a good deal. Anything else? What about the water and the bracelet?” The omega sniffs.


“Your levels are fine, so no water. You need to wear your bracelet at all times, though.”


“They took that chip thingy off then?”


“Yes, only I can find you.”


“Cas, you can find me without it.” laughs Dean.


“That’s not my rule. It’s the schools, made over two hundred years ago. Also, you need to keep that point quiet that I can scent you.”


“That won’t be a problem. My best friends aren’t at the school anymore. They are the only ones I trust with that kind of information.”


“You have friends though at the agency?” The angel asked, concern in his tone.


“I talk, but no one I hang out with. I guess I feel lonely.”


“I will see what I can do about that. Why don’t you have a wash, and we can get lunch? I hear you’re quite the cook.”


“Yeah, I can do that.” Dean rushes off, and Castiel watched him go. Trying to keep the anxiety out of his mood, so his mate does not notice.



XxXxXxX



“So, Cassie, how did your weekend pan out?” Gabriel wiggled his eyebrows.


“I’m concerned about Dean, Gabriel.”


Gabriel saw the distress on his brother’s face, and he dropped his jovial mood.


“What in Heaven is wrong?”


“While they abused Dean, my boy also self-harmed. Only I, Hannah and Pam, know about this. To our knowledge, he’s not hurting himself again.”


“Shit, I had no clue.”


“I told him the rules I expect of him. Dean, he broke down over burgers and pie Gabe. Then when I told him why he was inconsolable and for the rest of the day, he would not leave my side. Dean informed me he was lonely. Although he had people around him, he had no friends without Adam and Charlie.”


“What will you do, brother?”


“Well, least you know, so we have more eyes on him. I don’t want to cause an issue if there is not one, but...”


“We can’t leave that to chance I get what you’re saying.”


“I hope not. I pray his powers arrive soon, then at least his human body can heal.”


“That won’t heal his mind, though, Cassie.”


“No, he’s going back into therapy. I told him I would get someone to be a HAG. I can see him drowning if he’s left alone.”


“I can if you need me. I will speak with Chuck. Talk with Batman and Anna, see if they can help.”


Castiel crossed his arms and pouted, “Still don’t understand why I’m the bad guy.”


Gabriel laughed, and Castiel joined in. He truly loved his mate.

Notes:

I spend a lovely afternoon looking through winter flowers of Texas and Log Cabins for sale in the Texas area. Don't say I don't research my fics lol

Thanks for your love, support and amazing comments. xxx

Chapter 26: Bury your head in the sand

Summary:

Dean gets two letters one he likes one he hates. He does not tell anyone about the last letter burying his head in the sand.

Chapter Text

Dean stuck to his word and did not waver from Castiel’s rules. That Friday morning, he had a free period and was idly studying Omega rights.

 

“Dean, you have two letters,” Cam stated, popping them in the Omegas book.

 

“Thanks, Cam.” Dean glanced up at the angel who had not disappeared since the bullying episode. He wondered if this was Castiel’s ploy to keep an eye on him and the academy.

 

“You’re most welcome.” the angel went away, and Dean placed his textbook down and glanced at the letters. One was a silver and gold envelope, and one was plain white.

 

Dean opened the snazzy envelope first and picked out the stiff card inside.

 

 

Mr Dean Winchester,

 

We invite you and your mate to the Moroni Golden Gala Ball. We will present you with the Morning Star award for your accomplishments in the Angel Agency. On February 1st, 2018.

 

Attire is formal. Please send word of your attendance ASAP.

 

I will inform Commander Castiel of your achievements.

 

Yours Faithfully:

 

Zachariah Chief to the board of Angel Elders.

 

 

‘I best talk to Cas about this.‘ Thought Dean bemused about all the fuss. ‘And anyhow, he’d only completed three tasks. Did he not just accept an award off Gabriel for that?’

 

Dean opened the ordinary envelope and pulled the letter out.

 

 

My dearest grandson Dean,

   

I wish we could meet, but I fear it would be unduly dangerous. I’m your maternal grandma, Deanna Campbell. I could not contact you until my husband, Samuel Campbell, had passed on.

 

My husband was a proud individual and was a scholar of angel ideology. He was infertile and permitted me to have a baby with an associate of mine. That’s how your mom was a full-blooded angel. The procedure was in a hospital and all legitimate. My family is old blood, quite renowned for their hatred of mixed blood. They resent anything modern. They would dislike you and Castiel being together and never understood a profound bond.

 

I was weak at staying in my proper place as a dutiful homemaker. Samuel took on the family values, and when your mom fell in love with John, he wanted nothing to do with her. You would be mixed blood—he loathed that. I lost my family, my daughter, and my grandchildren. I died a little that day.

 

When I heard what John had done, I struggled to help. The family would not have Samuel. He was an abomination in their minds. You’re just children, babies, and they turned you away. So, I fled, making a new life for myself. I have been sending you both money. Use it shrewdly. It’s what your mom would have wanted. We met up now and then in secret. Mary was concerned something was wrong with your father. An Omega like your mom is a powerful force if their family is in danger. John killed her by the time I got to her. Her body was imprinted on the floor. An angel blade can alone accomplish that.

 

I appreciate informing you of this may sound harsh, but that John Winchester is not human. Please take care, and stay inside the agency, keep by your mate and friends. I promised your mom I would look after you, and it’s about time I maintained that promise. I don’t ask for your forgiveness, because I can’t even forgive myself. I will invariably be in the shadows, making certain you and Samuel are both well.

   

You’re loving grandma Deanna.

 

 

Dean stared in dismay at the letter. Putting it back in the envelope, he continued up to his room and hid the message under his mattress. Not ready to face the truth to himself, never mind his mate. Plus, Castiel would become even more overprotective if he thought John was anything but human. So, Dean kept it from the one person who could help him and buried his head in the sand.

 

_+_

 

“Cas you have to explain to me what this award is all about?” moaned Dean, who was trying to remove his tie.”

 

“Leave it alone, Dean; you will wreck it.” Complained the angel.

 

“Why do I have to dress up like this anyhow?”

 

“This is my life, you’re my mate, and you will become used to it.” Castiel, known for his patience, was wearing thin with Dean tonight.

 

Dean huffed and would not take the angel’s hand. “Don’t act like this tonight, Dean, please. You ignored me at the graduation ceremony, and that was enough.”

 

“You were a douche.” 

 

“Mmm, well, this douche can place your bedtime to eight, and a ban on after-school activities.”

 

Dean stared at the angel and glared at him. “I’m used to threats, commander, they do nothing for me.”

 

Castiel swallowed hard, but the car stopped, and the chauffeur opened the door. Cameras clicked and flashed, and he placed on a fake smile on his face. Dean stood beside him, looking so lost he felt distressed for the boy. Twining their fingers together, he turned his mate around.

 

“Hey, come on, this is for you. Smile, please?” He cupped Dean’s jaw and kissed his lips.

 

“You kissed me with all the cameras around,” Dean gasped in awe.

 

“Yes, and now the world knows how much I love you, baby boy.”

 

“Cas, what about dad?”

 

“Your dad did not know who I was, sweetheart. Now he will. Come, let’s have some fun.”

 

Dean nodded and let his angel pull him along.

 

Dean held a glass of orange juice in one hand and a plate of food in another. How on earth was he meant to eat and drink and balance all this?

 

“You seem lost?”

 

“Oh, yeah. I’m ravenous, and everybody keeps putting stuff into my hands.” Dean grinned back at the tan face in front of him.

 

“My name’s Francis, by the way.”

 

“Nice to greet you. My names, Dean.”

 

“Let me take your glass, and you can eat.”

 

“Thanks, dude, that’s kind of you.”

 

Francis smiled at the younger boy. “No problem. So who’s your mate?”

 

“Commander Castiel, he’s somewhere about.”

 

“He left you to fend for yourself?” It horrified Francis at the suggestion.

 

“Yeah, no clue how to chat to people haven't had the classes yet.”

 

“What! Dean, they could have hurt you.” Francis remarked, startled.

 

“Oh, I guess.” Dean frowned, not thinking of it that way.

 

“Mom, this is Dean, and the commander does not know he’s not learnt the etiquette of social interaction yet.”

 

“Oh, dear, yes, that is troublesome.” Francis’ mom affirmed.

 

“Can I ask what you’re doing?” the voice of a jealous angel asked.

 

Dean could spot it in his eyes and the spike of passion flowing through his mood.

 

“Castiel, Francis and his mom were helping me,” Dean told the enraged angel.

 

“Commander Castiel, we need to speak. Francis, please take Dean into my room, where he will be safe.”

 

“Why would he not be safe?” hissed Castiel, taking a stride backwards.

 

“Oh, you alpha angels.” tutted the woman. “Francis, leave or we will have a major incident on our hands.”

 

“This way Dean.” Dean followed Francis, not positive about what was going on, but he liked the fellow Omega.

 

Some time afterwards, the Omegas both heard footsteps, and Castiel walked in more like his old self.

 

“I had no idea you had not learned social awareness, Dean; I placed you in grave danger. Francis, thank you for taking care of my mate.”

 

“You’re welcome. I will leave you both to talk. It was nice meeting you, Dean.” Francis bowed to Castiel and went out of the room.

 

“I’m always letting you down,” Castiel told Dean, sitting down gradually on the couch.

 

“I had no inkling I would be in danger, or I would have told you. I mean, if I said the improper action, to the wrong creature, Francis told me.”

 

“They could challenge me; there are yet old families out their Dean. We must withhold some traditions. Though if I thought you needed punishment, that would be in private.”

 

“They could force you to punish me in front of everyone?” Dean gasped.

 

“In another lifetime, they did. It was barbaric.”

 

“Cas, why did you get jealous? I only have eyes for you.” Dean stroked his fingers over the angel’s jawline.

 

“I despised it when you hugged Kevin at the graduation. I resented you were speaking to Francis just now. Back then, I wanted to run off the stage and tear you from him. Your mine Dean.” Castiel let out a low rumbling growl.

 

“That’s why you were giving me that glare.” Dean laughed. “Cas, come on, take me back to our nest. I don’t care about the award, mate with me.”

 

“What! W-e can’t n-not until your h-heat.” Stumbled Castiel, falling over every other word.

 

“No, but you can mark me, angel, and you know it,” Dean smirked.

 

Castiel’s eyes flashed red, and he stood next to Dean. “Your wish is my command, my Omega.”

 

“Then make me yours, alpha.”

 

Castiel grabbed Dean, and they flew on the wing to their nest.

Chapter 27: The mark of Thanos.

Summary:

Castiel takes Dean back to there nest and puts his mark on his omega for all the world to see.

Chapter Text

Castiel laid Dean gently on the enormous bed as his hungry eyes raked over the boy’s body. Pulling off his tee-shirt, flinging it elsewhere on the floor.

 

“You’re so beautiful, your soul swirls like a galaxy, so graceful, bright and pure. I don’t understand what I did in all creation to get you, Dean, but I praise my father every day.”

 

“Cas please.” moaned Dean, never being touched like this before. It simply felt divine.

 

“Hush, I will take care of you.”

 

Castiel’s eyes were a luminous red. Dean's eyes would not answer him until he had his first heat, but that did not matter to the angel. He was going to mark him, so everybody knew on God’s green earth and in the Heavens above that this wondrous creature was all his and his alone.

 

Castiel kissed and nipped down the boy's neck and sucked a mark into his collarbone, inciting another delicious moan from the Omega. Castiel nibbled the sensitive spot on the throat between the jawline. He licked and sucked on the flawless, untouched skin. Remembering to lavish his tongue on those freckles that looked like the constellations in the night’s sky.

 

Dean had felt nothing like it. He was hard in his pants, but knew he could not touch himself by instinct alone. So, he just laid there under his angel, knowing he was loved, maybe for the first time in his life.

 

Castiel captured Dean’s plush pink lips, and his tongue demanded entrance. The Omega let him in. The alpha moaned in sheer euphoria, tasting vanilla and cinnamon and something that was all Dean. The angel possessed his every move, but cradled him like he was something fragile and precious, which he absolutely was.

 

“Baby, you need to close your eyes. Your powers are not in, and my grace could harm you,” Castiel told Dean.

 

Dean nodded his head. “Please Cas, just mark me already.” His cry came out breathy.

 

The angel clicked his tongue, but smiled, running fingers through Dean’s fine brown hair. “Such impatience,.”

 

Castiel kissed Dean’s eyelids closed, and he steadied himself, leaning on his arm. Placing his right hand over Dean’s left biceps. Castiel breathed in, although he did not require oxygen. His grace flowed through him in gentle, light blue pulses. The shimmering light of his grace lit up the room like a thousand stars assembling on one spot. The intensity he could see burning, raising his handprint on his mark on to his mate’s skin. Showing the universe who had laid claim to this beautiful boy beneath him.

 

Castiel pulled away, his grace slowly retreating, his eyes simmering down, the red leaking out and returning to the cool blue of the sky. Upon looking at his mark, raised and red, but like most marks that had a meaning to the mated couple, Deans was unique like himself. A new star was born today, a spiralling constellation, one with meaning. Castiel traced the star that showed wings and a sword, the angel and his protector.

 

“Cas can I look?” whispered Dean.

 

The angel reached down to kiss his lover then, chase and sweet. No hurry for a finish.

 

“They will remember our love until the end of time,”

 

“What do you mean, Cas?” Dean asked.

 

Castiel showed Dean the mark, and he laughed lightly.

 

“So, I’m your protector angel?”

 

“Yes.” grinned the angel, not at all perturbed about the concept that an Omega was his protector.

 

“So now I have the mark of Thanos.” giggled Dean in pure delight.

 

“Hey,” Castiel yelped and tickled Dean.

 

“Come on Cas stop, please.” giggled Dean, tears rolling down his face.

 

“Only if you promise to come up with a better name for me.” pouted the angel. 

 

“We promise angel.” Dean had never been as happy as he was at that moment. He would cherish it forever because good things seldom happened to him.

Chapter 28: Idle hands

Summary:

Dean comes into his powers, triggered by Castiel. Dean confronts John but an unlikely blast from the past comes to his rescue. Castiel and Gabriel come to confront Dean and stop him from doing something he will regret.

Notes:

Tissues at the ready everyone...

Warnings: Minor character death, fighting, panic attack, PTSD like symptoms.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean had nothing to occupy his mind. Gabriel and Castiel were not about that weekend. There was no other person trusted available.

 

“Uh, this is so unfair on a Saturday night,” he grumbled out loud.

 

“Hey, Dean, why don’t we sneak into the kitchen, get some snacks, and watch a show?” Joe announced, grinning like the Cheshire cat, equally bored.

 

“Yeah, why not? What harm will it cause?” Dean shrugged, his seventeen-year-old brain telling him it was a remarkable idea.

 

The boys sneaked into the kitchen and found hostess cakes, popcorn, pop tarts and candy. Joe found some wine for cooking, but Dean declined, not liking the taste. The boys, loaded with forbidden goods, tiptoed into the cinema and watched film after film, throwing popcorn and candy at each other, Joe getting steadily tipsy. The others left because they could not concentrate on the movie with the noise the boys were making.

 

Midnight arrived, and they shut the screen off, so they entertained themselves by telling ghost stories, finding some flashlights and running in and out of the passageways, both boys’ and girls’ dorms making noises, and giggling like little children.

 

The next day Joe woke with a hangover, stuck to the couch of the library, and Dean was half on and half off the coffee table.

 

The boys turned when there was a clearing of throats. Mertha, Castiel and Michael were standing there. Eyes blazing, arms crossed, looking pissed at them.

 

“Oh,” Dean said, not liking the stormy faces.

 

“Yes, oh,” Castiel growled out.

 

“Now, I want my kitchen tidy by lunchtime service, please.” the fact that Mertha who had been kind to Dean, did not shout made it all that worse for him.

 

“Yes, ma’am.”

 

“You’re to clean the cinema up, every spot, and I will be checking.” boomed Michael. “Castiel, you can sort out the punishment for Dean, and I will get Astra to sort Joe out.”

 

“Yes, brother.”

 

“Cas.” Dean tried.

 

“It’s commander to you. Show me respect. I don’t want to hear or see you today, Dean, got it? I discover you have not completed your tasks. It will be so much worse.”

 

“Yes, sir.” Dean hung his head in shame.

 

“That’s not fair; you can’t heap the blame on him,” Joe stated indignantly.

 

Castiel shot the boy an expression of contempt. “Leave it, Joe. I’m used to it.” Dean went out, pushing past his angel and getting to work.

 

“Dean, honey, why do this?” Mertha asked, struggling to understand.

 

“I don’t know. I have so much going on in my head and I’m scared.”

 

“Why don’t you come to us instead of playing up?”

 

“I’ve never played up before, Mertha. I step out of line once and it’s the end of the world.” Dean cried, and the cook pulled him into her arms.

 

“Hey now, we all make mistakes, some more than others. You did an excellent job. Even did the pans I was moaning about? You’re a good boy Dean, don’t let others pull you down.”

 

“I love you, Mertha, thank you.”

 

“Get on with you, boy. I’ll tell the commander.”

 

“It won’t help.” Dean snuffled, wiping his nose with a tissue.

 

“Go help Joe, in the cinema.”

 

Astra won’t care if he does it. It will just be me doing all the work. That’s why he plays up, so she will notice him.”

 

“Is that so?” Mertha clicked her tongue at the unexpected news.

 

“Yeah, sometimes there’s a reason behind an action.”

 

Mertha studied the boy. Dean was seventeen, but it was about time he acted like it. Dean Winchester was invariably an adult with so much on his young shoulders. People and angels alike forgot that. She would have to remind certain brothers of that fact.

 

 

XxXxXxXx

 

 

“Dean, I have to punish you. I justify my hand on your backside for this situation.”

 

Dean watched his mates’ eyes as they were hard, his words harsher. He genuinely did not care, just like his dad. All he could see was that belt, the ones from his nightmares. His breathing grew faster, and he withdrew. Running back towards the elevators, knowing Castiel could not follow him there.

 

Grabbing his knife out of his bag, he cut his arm and made the sigil to banish angels. Just in case some of them tried to get into his room. He paced backwards and forwards. His mind, in constant turmoil, the pictures of his past flashed before his eyes. All he noticed was his dad.

 

Dean grew angry. He needed to get out of this building. Had they cut off all routes? He could hear the elevator rumbling up the shaft. They were coming for him, going to hurt him.

 

“No,” he screamed, and his wings burst forth, ripping his tee-shirt to shreds. His heart was pounding out of his ribcage. Looking down, he ripped off the leather bracelet and made certain he had his phone. The loophole, he smirked. Flapping his wings, he flew far away.

 

It broke Castiel’s heart to deliver those words, but he had to punish Dean. How could he stop the behaviour otherwise? Then he saw Dean’s face, and he knew he had made an awful mistake. That his mate was running away from him. He called out to his boy desperately.

 

“Damn it. Someone, stop him, now,” yelled Castiel, but it was far too late.

 

“Castiel, what’s going on?” Mertha cried out to her brother in such utter distress.

 

“Dean, I triggered him. Chuck, what did I do? He could hurt himself. I’m just so foolish.”

 

“Run to Amber quickly and get up there,” Mertha shouted in panic.

 

Castiel ran, pulled the security doors off their hinges using his full powers. The angel could hear screams from the humans, but he cared little now, just needed his boy, wanting him safe. Even if he never spoke with him again.

 

“Amber, I need to get up to visit Dean. Mertha and I have to run up to his room. Call Gabriel and Pam. This is a level two emergency. Sound the alarms.”

 

“Yes, sir.” Amber nodded.

 

Castiel ran back and grabbed the cook’s arm. “Dean likes you sister; he will talk to you.”

 

“What am I going to say?” Mertha asked, trembling.

 

“Anything until Pam can get up there.”

 

The alarms sounded for the humans to get to their rooms. Castiel was just about to grab for the door when Mertha stopped him.

 

“No, brother, he’s placed a sigil on the door. It will injure you. There is no way out for you. You would just be a light ricocheting off the walls.”

 

“Darn it, Dean, let me in. Please,” Castiel shouted, not going near the door.

 

“We need a human Castiel run and grab Joe. He’s the only one close to Dean here.”

 

Castiel ran back to the elevators. Once descended, he searched for the boy. Skidding to a halt, he grabbed for him.

 

“Dean needs you. He’s stuck a sigil on the door, and we can’t approach the room. I triggered him, please?” Pleaded the angel

 

“Sure, with me, commander?” Joe said nothing about what had transpired earlier. Knowing that time was of the essence.

 

Joe knocked on Dean’s door and tried the door handle. The door was open, and he went in. Rubbing the bloody sigil off the wall. The angels piled into the room. Pam and Gabriel had joined the other two angels.

 

“Cassie, he found his powers.”

 

“Damn it, I’ve lost him.” sobbed Castiel. Tears were falling down his face.

 

“Gabriel, can you organise a search party?” asked Pam, stroking Castiel’s back for comfort.

 

Castiel’s phone started ringing, and he answered it when he saw it was Charlie. Maybe Dean had called her?

 

“Charlie, tell me you have good news?”

 

Everyone in the room stopped, but from the expression on Castiel’s face, it was not the best news.

 

“Thank you, Charlie, keep safe now. I will.”

 

“Gabriel, level one brother. We’re going into battle. We have a powerful untrained Nephilim on the loose, and John Winchester near the agency.”

 

Pam and Mertha gasped. Gabriel and Castiel ran for the elevators. They reached Amber’s desk. “Signal level one. I want my garrisons down here ASAP. I demand this building on shut down. Gabriel, call in all the archangels and the elders.”

 

“Yes, commander.” Gabriel nodded and flew away.

 

“Amber, no one gets in or out of this building. Full security and, for Chuck’s sakes, make it Nephilim proof.”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

“We constantly underestimate you, don’t we, sweetheart,” Castiel spoke out loud.

 

“You will get him back. Commander, I have faith.”

 

Castiel nods and flies away.

 

 

XxXxXxX

 

 

Dean land’s next to the salt bin near the agency. Searching for his phone, he called his best friend.

 

“Charlie, there out to get me,” he yells, thinking he’s whispering.

 

“Dean, what’s wrong?”

 

“I can… the pictures, one by one, dads in all of them. Castiel was going to beat me.” sobs the boy.

 

“Dean, it’s okay sweetie, where are you?” trying in vain to calm her friend down.

 

“I don’t know, Red, and I’m so lost.” Dean cries in anguish.

 

“Stay there, Cas will find you,” Charlie told her friend, struggling to identify his location.

 

John’s here, I saw him, he’s going to get me, Charlie. Take me to mommy.”

 

“No, baby, he’s not. Just stop where you are, okay?” pleaded the redhead, who was becoming more uneasy with every sentence her friend murmured.

 

“I love you; I’m sorry, so sorry I can’t be what everybody needs. Sorry that I’m stupid and was born wrong.”

 

“That’s the voices speaking, your dad. We don’t think that, please Dean. Go back to the angels.”

 

“No,” Dean screamed.

 

Dean dropped the phone and stamps on it. Spreads his wings and flies.

 

"Commander its Charlie, Dean rang me. I had a hit. He was just outside the agency. I guess where he and Adam met. Maybe he got comfort in the location? Dean claimed he had seen his dad. Castiel, he’s terrified. Dean told me he loved me, and he was born wrong. I think he’s in self-destruct mode. I’m going to urge Anna if she can bring me over; maybe I can help?”

 

“Thank you, Charlie, keep safe now.”

 

“Long as you do, too. Find him, please.”

 

I will.”

 

_=_

 

“What’s going on, brother? Why is the alarm sounding for battle?” Uriel questioned Samandriel.

 

“Deans, gone missing, and he’s just discovered his Nephilim powers. He’s having flashbacks to the sounds of it. We’ve seen his old man near the agency.”

 

“Damn it, did Castiel not hear my message about John Winchester?” Uriel pushed his face near the cell bars.

 

“What message, Uriel?” Samandriel asked, looking confused.

 

“I told Ion that John Winchester was a Necrophile. He needed to tell Castiel instantly.”

 

“We have taken Ion for his punishment, along with Hael and Jace. I thought you worked alongside them, brother?”

 

“I reconsidered. I know about Jace and Hael, but not about Ion. He was doing what?”

 

“Working collectively to reach the tree and get Dean away from Castiel. But it sounds like there is more to that story.”

 

“Yes, this is John Winchester’s doing. Those boys; something was not right about the situation. That’s why I pulled back. Let me out Sami, please? I must do the right thing. If Dean or Castiel gets hurt…”

 

“Okay, but I’m going on faith alone here, Uriel.” Samandriel let Uriel out of his cell. Uriel hugged his younger brother.

 

“I am sorry for anything I said or did towards you. You’re a good brother.” With that, he jumped to the window and opened it. “I’ll see you soon, brother.” Uriel opened his grey and white mottled wings and flew down to earth.

 

 

XxXxXxX

 

 

Dean jumped. This time, he was on a sandy beach. The calm, blue water, and the serene sky did not match his mood. Grabbing a smooth stone, he threw it into the water. Dean saw the circles spreading out around the calm ocean before him. He thought that was much like his life. John killed his mom, and the consequences of his actions rippled wider and affected the world around him. John was the stone, and he was the circle ever-expanding outwards. Spreading his wings, he flew, knowing exactly where his dad was.

 

Dean landed on the back road of the quiet town of Lawrence, near where his childhood house stood. There was a storm overhead, and the grey of the sky matched his mood. Folding his wings away, he walked until he could see the man that he once called dad.

 

John Winchester stood near his car, the 67 Chevy Impala that Dean loved. John never took care of baby, never treasured her like he and his mom once did. The man had a ratty coat on and what looked like a dirty tee-shirt underneath. His jeans were halfway down his ass and pooling at his feet. The man’s hair was long grey and lank, like he had not had a shower in months, his face unshaven and twisted into an ugly grimace.

 

“Son, nice to see you again.” sneered the older man, eyeing Dean up and down.

 

“I’m not your son,” Dean told the man in front of him, standing their rain dripping off him, arms folded.

 

“True, no son of mine is an Omega whore. Where’s that angel of yours? Too scared to face me?” grinned John, smirking now.

 

“I have no idea. He warned you though, and Castiel keeps his promises.”

 

John snorted, hugging his body to ward off the cold. The rain was getting heavier as it was bouncing off the road. There was a flash of light, and a crash of thunder and John flinched, but Dean just smiled.

 

“Scared of a storm?” Dean laughed at the look of panic on the older man’s face.

 

“What the hell are you?” John spat out a note of fear in his tone.

 

“I could ask you the same. You’re not human, that’s for sure.”

 

“I’m a Necrophile. Bet you ain’t heard about my kind, have you, boy?” John laughed. It turns into a hacking cough.

 

“Not sure I want to if I’m honest with you.” Dean shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“Cocky little shit, going to teach you a lesson,” grunted John, his face twisting into an evil grin.

 

John got out an angel blade, and it made Dean see red. “How many of my family have you killed? You bastard.” Dean screamed at the man.

 

“I hit a nerve.” John chuckled again, flicking the blade through his fingers. “This is going to hurt you, boy. Just like your momma. I can still kill a human with it.”

 

Dean pulled his blade from under his hoodie. “This is going to stop,” yelled Dean over the deafening pounding of the storm, which was now overhead. He wiped the rain from his face, vision impaired. Running forward, he swiped at the man. John dodged, and Dean pivoted, twisting, and slammed John into the car. John got his hand free and stuck the blade into Dean’s arm, but he did not feel it. Dean kicked his legs from under him and kicked him in the stomach.

 

“Fuck, you bastard,” yelled John, getting up. “You could have killed me, but you ain’t got the balls. Weak, sissy, no son of mine.”

 

John pushed Dean, flinging him onto the empty road. His head hit the concrete with a crack. Feeling dazed, the Omega could hardly see with the rain and the fuzzy feeling in his head. The older man was just about to put the blade into Dean’s torso when there was a flash of light.

 

“Stay down, Dean,” shouted Uriel. The angel threw John up against a truck and leaving indents of his body. John’s eyes glowed purple, and he just laughed.

 

“The fairies have arrived to save the baby.” John mocked out loud,

 

“I ain’t no fairy, you mud monkey, going after a kid. Hope you feel proud of yourself.”

 

John dived, trying to hit Uriel, but he swotted him away like a fly. The angel staggered and corrected himself.

 

“Uriel, are you okay?” screamed Dean, trying to get up.

 

“I will be fine, Dean. The trip was a long one. I came straight to you.”

 

“Watch out,” called Dean in horror as John rushed the angel. They both fell back on to the road. They tussled and rolled over each other, trying to gain dominance over the situation. Their grunts and shouts could be heard over the rain. Uriel bashed John’s head on the road and he stilled. Binding his arms with his grace. The angel, however, had the blade sticking out of his chest cavity, not quite killing him, his grace leaking into the ether.

 

Uriel got up and neared Dean, and he fell to his knees. “No, this can’t be happening.” Cried, Dean.

 

“It will be fine, Dean. I have faith.” Urial lay on the flat road surface, Dean buried his head into his shoulder.

 

“Why did you try to save me?” he choked out.

 

“Dean, listen to me.” Uriel conveyed in a calm voice, grasping the boy’s hand. “You and Castiel deserve happiness. I’m just an old angel with no heart. I have missed my chance with a mate. I was a stupid fool.”

 

Dean held tighter to the angel and wiped the water off his face, the rain coming faster, the storm not abating.

 

“Do you know we angels invented cherubs? We can love my darling boy. Yet my heart stayed cold. I was jealous, and that’s why I joined with Hael and Jace. I had no clue they were tied with that filth on the road over there. For that, I’m truly sorry. I know it was wrong.”

 

Dean kissed the top of Uriel’s head. “I forgive you, Uriel, I truly do.”

 

“How can you after all I’ve done?” the angel coughed, blue and white grace leaking faster out of every orifice.

 

“You are sorry. Unlike John, who cares nothing about the consequences of his actions. I think you wiped the slate clear tonight.” Dean pronounced hunching over, trying to ward off the rain from the angel.

 

“You are special, Dean Winchester, and my brother is lucky to have you. Please do one thing for me?”

 

“Anything,” Dean whispered, tears mingled with the rain.

 

“Look after my baby brother for me?” Uriel squeezed his hand tightly.

 

“I promise.” Dean sniffed, wiping his face. “I don’t get it, Uriel. You should have died when he stabbed you with that angel blade. This is utterly cruel.”

 

“Creatures like your father know how to make the pain last.”

 

Dean nodded in understanding. “Where do angels go when they die?”

 

Soft chocolate brown eyes stared up into watery green ones. “They go to a special part of heaven. Do not worry so, child.”

 

“Will I see you again?” asked Dean, his voice wobbled, trying to be brave.

 

Uriel reached out and stroked the boy’s face. “One day, when it’s your time. Come to see me and tell me your news.”

 

“I will, I promise.”

 

“Dean, let go, close your eyes,” Uriel muttered worriedly for the boy.

 

“No, I can’t. No one should die alone.” cried Dean, now sobbing openly.

 

Uriel smiled for the last time, his hand falling limp by his side. Dean closed his eyes, and he could still see the bright glow from the angel. Sobbing into the angel’s head, he felt the burn, but he did not let go. The sounds of wings, soft winds, blew on his cheeks. The soulful songs of angels calling to their lost brother. The sensation stopped, and Dean blinked water out of his eyes.

 

All around him stood angels. He could only see their legs standing tall above him. They were standing in a protective circle. The road was now dry, and the rain no longer penetrated their barrier. Uriel stood, and his grace grew bigger and brighter as he stood next to his brothers and sisters, leaving the shell of his vessel behind.

 

Dean stood up and saw the imprint of Uriel’s angel body imprinted with ash on the floor. Walking over to John, his wings unfolded, he held his angel blade high, ready to strike. The light of the angel guard illuminated the night.

 

A whoosh of wings came next to him, and he heard running feet. Castiel and Gabriel ran into the ring of angels. They bowed to their brothers and sisters. Witnessed nothing like this on earth before. Castiel turned his eyes upon his mate.

 

“Dean, no, stand down. I can’t help you if you kill him.” Castiel told him.

 

“Dean, you’re an intelligent boy. You know what will happen if you harm that man. He’s half-demon, half-human. You kill him, you pay the price.” Gabriel told his friend.

 

“Why should I? He killed mom, Uriel, and he killed me?” Dean screamed.

 

Castiel edged closer. “No, sweetheart, he did not kill you. But he will take so much more away if you do this. Stand down, my good boy, my darling mate. You’re my everything, Dean. I can’t lose you. Please don’t let Uriel’s sacrifice be for nothing.”

 

Dean’s hands wobbled, tears running down his face. “I’m fed up with crying over him. Fed up of people treating me like an adult. I just want to be a kid. I want to mess up. I want to be me. Why can’t I just be Dean?”

 

“I know, but Dean, you’re mated to a top-ranking angel. It’s difficult, buddy. I tell you what, why don’t you meet with Amy and Kalen? They would love to talk about us angels with you? I will talk with Raphael.”

 

Castiel moved closer and touched Dean’s arm. “Dean, I just want you in my arms. I’m sorry that I made you sad. We will sit down and talk. I guess I did not consider your age, your mental health. It worried me you would hurt yourself and then I triggered you.”

 

“Not your fault, Cas. It’s his, you; should have a normal mate, not a big mess like me.” Dean spat out, meaning every word he spoke, his heart heavy with grief.

 

“No, I want you. The boy who noticed I was wearing bee socks, with my uniform. Who loves pie? Who makes me laugh, who gets on with my family, who gets me more than any other person I know. I love you so much. I wish you would open your beautiful green eyes and see that.”

 

Dean turned around and dropped the blade. It went with a clatter onto the road. And he falls into Castiel’s arms.

 

“I won’t let you go again. I will do everything in my power to sort this mess out. Gabriel please I can’t leave him, not again.” begs Castiel, tears in his summer’ blue eyes.

 

“Take him home, brother. We will sort this filth out.”

 

Castiel scoops Dean up and takes him back to their nest. The angel got Dean undressed and tucked him up in bed. Castiel watches over him like he knows he should have done all along.

Notes:

I have to correct this three times and it made me cry all three times. Ugh, See you on the other side...With tissues, chocolate, and a hug...

 

Thank you so much for your love, kindness and support with you, I think I would have just given up. xxx

Those who wish I had totally Jealous lol

Chapter 29: A celebration of life.

Summary:

They celebrate Uriel's life. Deans worried he will be punished for his past transgressions. Castiel reassures his mate. Castiel as good news for Dean and Joe after graduation.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The angel choir remained in a semi-circle, all turned out in white, holding flickering candles. They sang ‘This is not Goodbye’ by Sidewalk Prophets. Humans, angels, and Nephilim alike remained in a circle, joined, holding hands. They were all dressed in white with a golden sash tied around their middle.

 

Michael was in the centre holding a large rectangular wooden box in his hands. The angel waited for the choir to finish their heartfelt songs for their lost brother. Castiel held tightly to Dean’s side, making certain he was a consistent presence and support for his young mate.

 

“Thank you, family, for joining today, to enter the celebration of the spirit of our fallen brother Uriel. We all make mistakes in life, and we can only endeavour to rectify them. Some have no plan to do so, others sacrifice themselves for others. We are all perfectly flawed examples of our father’s work. Yes, even angels. It’s what we achieve in life that matters, what we say, how we conduct ourselves. Your life, no matter how harsh, or how magnificent, shapes you, it does not define you. You can turn to greed, lust, vengeance, just a few examples. Or merely learn kindness, charity, love and forgiveness. These concepts are monumental. You must be pure of heart and rise above all evil. So, let us now send our brother Uriel to his resting place, into the Heavens.”

 

Michael opened the box. A light flickered, flourishing brighter. Oranges, whites, pinks, purples, reaching for the Heavens. A host of butterflies twisted up into a spiral up to the ceiling, their wings creating a whooshing noise. They disappeared and then appeared two white turtle doves. The birds flew around the circle, over the heads of the watching people. The flames of the candles jumped high, and there were gasps of surprise from the crowd. The birds flew up to the Heavens and vanished. Michael then closed the box.

 

“Please join us for a feast, to celebrate our brother’s life.” the archangel left, and everybody bowed in respect.

 

One by one, everyone followed out of the chapel into the common area. Castiel was not letting go of Dean’s hand.

 

Dean turned to his mate. “That was nice, far better than a human funeral, black and morbid. I always thought we should celebrate someone’s life.”

 

“I agree, it’s not like Uriel has died and gone forever. He lives in angel Heaven, after all.”

 

“We can’t visit.” Dean sighed wistfully.

 

“Not for an exceedingly long-time love,” Castiel told the heartbroken boy. “They have pie. You love pie.”

 

“I don’t feel like it, Cas.”

 

“You must eat love, you’ve not had a lot since we got back from our nest.”

 

Dean shrugged and held on to his angel just a little tighter. “I-I just feel so unsettled.”

 

“Well, I can help with that. I had a meeting with the elders, and there is news.” Castiel stopped walking and moved Dean towards a chair so they could sit.

 

Dean unhooked his hand and groaned. “Will they punish me?”

 

Castiel’s sky-blue eyes widened with concern. “Is this what’s on your mind? Why would we punish you for John’s mistakes?”

 

“You were going to.” hissed Dean, “That’s why I ran, or did you forget?”

 

People around them stopped talking and glanced at the pair. Dean rolled his eyes, switching to the angel’s native tongue.

 

“You will never forgive me for that. I don’t blame you, love. I pushed, even though my instincts told me it was wrong. That I knew this could hurt you. I will understand if you want nothing more to do with me.”

 

Dean glanced up then with apprehension. “You would risk your life to be away from me? To keep away from me already costs you so much. To achieve that for good would deplete your grace, and you would function as a human.”

 

“Dean, I hurt you by pulling forth your powers. What if you hurt others? Caused a disaster? That would have been my fault. John could have killed you, and I promised to look after you.”

 

“You’ve not been to see him yet, have you?” Dean examined the angel, needing to know the truth.

 

“Like Michael declared, be pure of heart. Like yourself Dean. You walked away. I’m not so positive I could.”

 

“What are the rules I have to follow, angel?” Dean lifted his eyebrow, needing to know where he stood.

 

The angel grasped his boy’s shoulders and stared into green eyes that always captivated him. “To be yourself, and if you make a mistake, we will sit down and talk about it. You are just a baby. I recognise that more than ever. I forget you must make mistakes to learn, to experience the world, to watch, to be Dean. So, I hope we can fly on this adventure together. That’s if you will have me.”

 

“You’re asking my permission?” Dean gasped in shock.

 

“I bow at your feet, little Omega, and your wish is my command. Well, within reason.” The angel laughed out loud. “You called to your fellow Omegas that night, Dean; you unlocked something within them, you are wondrous. I am privileged to call you mine.”

 

Dean smiled for the first time since Uriel had died and flung his arms around the angel’s collar. Castiel grabbed him and nuzzled his face into his mate’s neck.

 

“I love you, my angel, so much,” Dean told him.

 

“You are my moon and stars, little Omega, for now, and always.”

 

Castiel searched the room for a face in the crowd and called out for Joe. Reverting back to English.

 

“Come, young man, we need to talk.”

 

Joe came over to greet them. His blond hair spiked, his winter blue eyes; dancing with amusement. “I just had words with Astra.” The boy grinned, looking at Castiel and Dean with fond familiarity.

 

“Yes, we had words. I don’t expect any further issues.”

 

“Thank you, commander, that was kind of you.”

 

“You’re welcome. Now, we realised us angels missed what was going on in the agency. Plans are afoot. We have to change. I want to offer yourself and Dean a job after graduation. You would both have an office. I want Dean to work with Gabriel as well. Joe, this would be more your task then Deans.”

 

“What is it?” Joe asked, his eyes alight with curiosity.

 

Dean lent forward, hanging on to every word his mate spoke.

 

“Angels are not connecting with their mates. Humans, halfling, we are losing out on vital information. They are extremely scared to voice their problems. So, we want a human, and Nephilim representative in the agency—they can come to you. Now I’ve spoken with many people, and they admire and respect you. Apart from the minor blip, we won’t mention your slates are clean.”

 

Castiel’s blue eyes twinkled, and he smirked at the two boys, who stared back at him with bewildered faces. Joe jumped up and raised his fist in the air, making two girls behind him jump. Dean nearly fell off his chair, and Castiel had to catch him.

 

“Careful love.” Castiel laughed at the two boys. “I guess the answer is a resounding yes?”

 

“Yes.” shouted the boys, who hugged each other. Castiel rolled his eyes, but said nothing about the display of affection.

 

“This is amazing, commander. Thank you, I need to tell Astra. Dean, thank you.” Joe rushed off towards an angel with bright blue hair.

 

“Cas this is brilliant.” Dean chattered in excitement. “So, what’s this job with Gabriel?”

 

“I expect we need my brother here for this. Shall we retire to your room?”

 

“No problem.” They both went up into the elevator. Arriving at Dean’s floor.

 

“Did you know your spell knocked me on my ass?” chuckled Castiel, remembering that day, and how proud he was of his mate. “Dean, even if you read that in a book, there is no way you should be advanced in spell works. I know your uncle taught you, Enochian, but I can’t waste your talent. You’re a natural gift.”

 

There was a ding of the elevator again, and Gabriel walked out, pleased with himself. “I agree with Cassie. You can work with me, Dean.”

 

“That’s awesome.” Dean beamed. He felt so happy after everything that had happened, but sad that Uriel had to die. His face dropped, and his smile vanished.

 

“Hey, what’s the matter, baby? Talk to me?” Castiel kissed his mate’s forehead tenderly.

 

“How can I be so happy after what happened to Uriel?”

 

“Buddy, Uriel was unhappy down here. He’s in a place where he will be content now. His sacrifice will not go unnoticed. He would want you to carry on with your life.” Gabriel told his friend.

 

“I’m just so excited. I never considered what I would do when I left here. I felt like I was drifting out to sea on the widest ocean. Then Castiel came and threw me a life raft and pulled me in. You’re my family, I get that now. I get that Sammy and Uncle Bobby loves me. Adam and Charlie have always been there for me. I don’t know how I missed that. I feel like I have just woken up after a long sleep. I’ve walked out of a dark tunnel, and I can see a light flicker. I want to move towards it now.” Dean gasped for breath after such a long speech.

 

“We will always be here for you, Dean. Still, hold on to us, and we will guide you. You need to let us know if we make mistakes because, baby, we will. We can’t fix them if you don’t tell us. All the Omegas of the world have woken up. They are protesting about their rights, and they will win. It’s the start of the star’s legacy, the reason you were born.”

 

“I was born to help people?”

 

“Yes, but buddy, you always had a choice to step away. Dad had to establish free will. The fates are tricky thing, they want the end of the world. That’s why he sent my big brother down to the pits of hell to defeat the hordes of evil. Then he made you and Cassie to stop their plans.”

 

“Lucifer’s not the bad guy?” gasped Dean, scandalised.

 

Gabriel laughed. “Nope, why do you think Castiel’s wings are black? He loves Lucy, always down there visiting.”

 

“I don’t have favourites, of course, but Lucifer and I get on rather well. He’s protective of me.” Castiel looks at Dean shyly. “I would love for you to meet him after all this?”

 

“Yes, of course.” stammered Dean, going red in the face. “I would like that.”

 

Castiel smiled that gummy grin that Dean loved. The one that made his nose wrinkle. He slipped his small hand into the angel’s larger one and squeezed it tight.

 

“It’s a little scary.” Dean declared, biting his lip.

 

Castiel tutted and removed the lip with his thumb. “What’s scary love?”

 

“Growing up.” Dean giggled, snuggling into his angel’s side for comfort.

 

“Don’t worry, you have time. Don’t rush.” Gabriel winked at him.

 

“How about we grab Joe, Charlie, and Adam and have a game of bowling?” Castiel announced.

 

Dean’s eyes went wide with shock. “Really!”

 

“Yes, love. Go gather your friends.”

 

Dean sped off and left the two angels alone.

 

“So, how’s this new improved Castiel?” Gabriel enquired with seriousness in his tone.

 

Castiel groaned, pulling his fingers through his thick black hair. “Part of me wants to wrap him in cotton wool and never let him out of the nest. Part of me wants to let him spread his wings and fly. I have never had such conflicting feelings before, brother.”

 

“It’s going to be like a roller-coaster, brother. There will be difficulties.”

 

“As long as the family is there for the ride, we will be okay. I know it will be hard. I have to have patience, understanding and love him.”

 

“We are here for you to Cassie.”

 

Castiel did something he had not done since he was a fledgeling. He gathered his older brother into his arms. “Thank you, Gabey, I love you.”

 

It shocked Gabriel, but he did not show it. Closing his eyes, he squeezed the little angel tight. “As I love you, little brother. Now let’s go get those Omegas and show them how to have fun.”

 

Castiel nodded and smiled softly. ‘Yes, it would all be okay. He just had to have faith, and if they fell then, they had a family to catch them.’

Notes:

I researched songs, and I found this one. This is not Goodbye' by Sidewalk Prophets.

Thanks for your love and support and comments xx

Chapter 30: Hold my hand.

Summary:

Dean gets an early wake-up call. Crowley and Castiel tell him more about John. Dean realises what kind of monster his dad really was.

Notes:

Warning: Brief mention of Hitler.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Castiel knocked on Dean’s door. It was early, just past six in the morning. This was important, and he hoped it would not upset his little Omega. They had granted Castiel full access, so could visit anytime. The angel felt better with that knowledge. He could reach Dean if there was an emergency.

 

Dean opened the door with blurry eyes. His hair mussed from sleep, scratching his belly. His sleepy green eyes were going wide when he saw Castiel stood on the other side.

 

“Cas! What’s wrong? Is everyone okay?” Dean asked in an alarmed tone.

 

“Let me in love, and I will tell you.”

 

Dean groaned at the early hour. He shuffled over to the couch, yawning and rubbing the sleep out of his tired eyes. Castiel sat next to him, and Dean laid his head on his mate’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t fall back to sleep, love. This is quite important.”

 

“Casss,” Dean whined and linked his fingers with his angel.

 

“Sorry to interrupt your sweet dreams, my love.”

 

“They’re not very sweet with the nigh…” Dean realised what he was going to say and shut his mouth with a click. Looking down, feeling ashamed.

 

Castiel raised the boy’s chin so he could glance into his eyes. He had a scathing remark on the tip of his tongue, but stopped in time. ‘Why the hell did you not tell me about your nightmares?’ Castiel screams inside, his stomach in knots. Instead, he calmed down and rubbed his thumbs soothingly over his lover’s cheekbones.

 

“You recall what our therapist said, sweetheart? We have to communicate, talk to each other?”

 

“I agree. It’s just hard to talk. You’re already distressed over me.”

 

“It’s in my job description. I can’t help if you won’t tell me. Dean, it only makes me feel worse, like I’m failing you somehow.”

 

Dean let out a breath and sighed. “I will try harder next time. I promise.”

 

Castiel knew his mate found it hard to trust even himself. It would take time, but his heart hurt.

 

“Have you still got my feathers?” Castiel asked tentatively.

 

“Yeah, they’re in my bag.” Dean felt confused.

 

“Silly little Omega.” Castiel fondly chastised. “They’re a part of me, love. Pop them under your pillow tonight; they will help.”

 

“I never thought,” Dean told his angel.

 

“If it were in my power to take you to our nest before graduation, I would, but my brother; he would not grant this. Anyway, it’s not long now, and we still have weekends.”

 

“What did you come for, Cas?” Dean asked, puzzled, still sleepy.

 

“Oh, yes. Crowley’s waiting in our holding bay. You’re far more important, though. I would like you to come with me.”

 

“Can I throw on something warm?”

 

“Of course, but be quick.” Dean nodded and rushed into his bedroom and was back in five minutes.

 

XxXxXx

 

“Hello, darling, nice to see you again,” Crowley told Dean.

 

Dean yawned and nodded, “You too.”

 

“I’m here about John.” Crowley’s eyes flicked over to Castiel’s briefly, and then back to the Omega. A slight nod of the angel’s head and the demon carried on. “I have the information.”

 

“Sit down, love.” Castiel brought a blue plastic chair over to his mate.

 

The holding cell was a small round room, with sigils and every known warding mark on the walls. There was a demon trap in the centre of the place, but Crowley skirted around it. Dean noted some sigils were lit up, striking gold against the black paint of the walls.

 

“John Winchester is a confirmed Necrophile. My kind banned them over two thousand years ago,”

 

“Why? I don’t get it.” Dean asked the demon bewildered.

 

“Angel and demons’ mating is accepted by my kind. They will have part light and dark within their core. They have the free will, but their demon side cannot overrule their angel side.”

 

“So, if he tried to do something bad, the angel on his shoulder would stop him. Like your son, he called me names, but he never hit me.”

 

“Yes, you got it in one. Now demons and humans. A demon like myself will chase after corrupted souls. Humans, they have free will, becoming manipulated by the seven deadly sins far too quickly. Humans do not have that metaphorical angel on their shoulder.”

 

Dean understood. “They have no filter. I mean, you had good in humanity. But consider Hitler. All those poor people he killed. He could have stopped it, but his hatred drove him on, and if he had a devil on his shoulder.” Something clicked inside of him, and he realised something. “Hitler, he was a Necrophile?”

 

“Got it in one.” It pleased Crowley that the Omega got it. “Demons like myself. We can’t make a human evil, though we can possess them. It’s rare, and only those of my kin that are so twisted that they have gone utterly insane. The humans come to me. They know it’s wrong, but care little for it.”

 

Crowley pulled out an angel blade and gave it to Castiel.

 

Castiel swallowed, and his hands shook. “This belonged to Lofiel, and the one Dean’s got belonged to Dina. They will remember Mary and my sisters for their bravery,”

 

Dean searched for Castiel’s hand and they both sort comfort from each other. Dean forgot that not only had he lost his mom. The angels had lost a sister.

 

“The problem we have is John can’t die, not until we find who sired him.” Crowley voiced.

 

“The Necrophile, breed, and that’s how we have vampires, shapeshifters, and all manners of ungodly creatures plaguing the earth,” Castiel told his mate.

 

“I met a Werewolf when I ran away named Garth; a wolf had bitten him. He was nice to me.”

 

“Your friend was part human, Dean. He still possessed free will, like most monsters. There are vampires I know that won’t feed off humans. The wolf that bit Garth he did that, knowing what the consequences would be.” Crowley explained to Dean.

 

“Oh, so that’s why they’re banned? They don’t care about anything or anybody. How can we find this, sire?”

 

“You don’t. Leave that to me. I would cherish a brief word with whoever made that abomination downstairs. I’ve not had a good fight in centuries.” Crowley’s eyes flashed red, and he smirked. “Now I have to leave. I will bring word, promptly. Take care of him, angel.” With that, the demon had vanished into a puff of black smoke.

 

Dean coughed and scrunched up his nose. “One thing I dislike about demons is the smell of sulphur.”

 

“Let’s get breakfast. It’s far too cold down here, anyway. I don’t want you to get sick.”

 

“You worry too much, Cas; my angel body can’t get sick,”

 

Castiel shook his head; he would never stop fretting, it was his job after all.

Notes:

Necro-Meaning corpse or death.
Phil-Meaning can be love, but can also mean end the meaning I'm going for the end.

This is a made up word-John brings death but also his kind. I love your comments thank you xx

Chapter 31: Hold it close

Summary:

Dean is shown what some of his power he have accomplished in the world. Castiel and Charlie get into a fight and Deans not happy with them. They soon put it right, but the angels have a surprise up there sleeves for the three omegas.

Chapter Text

Dean was over at the nest for the weekend. Castiel had pampered his mate, and Dean felt loved and special. The angel had some work to accomplish in his office, so Dean wondered about the house. He flicked the television on and caught the world news station. Dean had not understood until that moment in time what his mate had meant. That his powers had delivered a shock wave through the world’s Omega population. They were standing tall, standing up for themselves. No longer choosing to be oppressed—fighting for discrimination in the world.

 

…….. Today millions of Omegas and their allies marched to the White House in protest. It’s because of the inadequacy of legislation throughout the states that protects them…

 

…. In the United Kingdom today, Omegas walked out of all work premises. They refused to work until they pass new laws. They demand equal opportunity for their kind…

 

….. There is general unrest in the Middle East. Caused by brave Omegas refusing to obey the commands of their superiors. They are all sitting on the streets. I have witnessed nothing like it before. They could face imprisonment or the death penalty. Nobody has moved, yet they have beaten them where they sit. Alphas and Betas are coming out of their homes bringing food, drinks and much-needed comfort and support….

 

Dean flicked over to different news channels when he felt a weight on his shoulder. He leant back into his angel.

 

“This is happening, Cas?” Dean whispered, hardly believing his eyes.

 

“Yes, love. You have provided power to so many.”

 

“Will we ever find out the truth?”

 

“When Chuck is ready, we will. Dad, he accomplishes things in his own time.”

 

Dean nodded, snuggling up in the arms of his angel, and watched the stories unfold.

 

XxXxXxXx

 

Dean wanders around the academy garden. A lot has happened, the seasons moving fast like sand in an hourglass — the warmth of the sun’s rays bringing the freckles on his tan face. The blossom on the tree has given way to the growth of fruit. Dean feeds the fish in the pond, glad he can still perform this, working here when he graduates. Suddenly, he can hear shouting; it disturbs his quiet thoughts. Turning to stride back into the agency. Stood with hands on her hips, fiery red hair ablaze with fury was Charlie confronting Castiel.

 

“You should have taken care of him. It was your job,”

 

It shocked Castiel that this five-foot-nothing Omega was challenging him. Holding hands palms up, trying to appease her.

 

“Who, in the right mind, tries to punish someone that’s been abused? Of course, it would trigger him.”

 

“Charlie, honey, you need to calm down,” Castiel tells her.

 

Dean stands behind Charlie, his arms folded, waiting to intervene. This is his life; they’re throwing carelessly around for others to hear, after all.

 

“Right from the start, you told him you did not want a human mate. Dean was so confused. If you did not want him, why did you not walk away?”

 

Castiel’s eyes narrowed. This was going too far now. People gathered behind him. “Charlie, stop, that’s enough.” He said firmly, almost an order.

 

“Treat him, different commander. He will not be like anyone else. One wrong word and you could lose him. We could lose him.” Charlie was shaking; tears fell fast down her pale face.

 

“I understand that. I worry every day that it will trigger him, and I will find him gone. That this is my fault, that I brought his power forth so abruptly. That Uriel died. Deans better off with someone else.” Castiel shouts.

 

Dean gapes in shock. Did his angel think that? Blaming himself for how he gained his powers and Uriel’s death. This was stopping now. So, he stalked over to the arguing pair. “First, I dislike that my private life’s being aired all over the academy. This is my life, and you have no right to break my trust like this. Second, Charlie, Castiel and I have sorted this out. I may not have spoken to you about it, but he wanted me all along. You have no right to challenge him. It’s disrespectful.”

 

“I’m sorry, Dean. It scared me to lose you.” Charlie sniffed.

 

“Then you come to me. If you have concerns about my mental health, talk to my mate. But not in the middle of the agency’s common room.”

 

“Dean, I upset her.” Castiel shut his mouth when Dean pivoted toward him.

 

“I’m angry with you, so please be quiet. If I have a problem, I will tell you. I will come to you. You tell me I should share my feelings, yet you do the complete opposite.”

 

“I’m sorry, love, truly.” It takes Castiel’s breath away. His mate is magnificent in his righteous fury.

 

“Now I’m going to my room. I suggest you sort this mess out between you.” Dean points to the gathered crowd and strides away.

 

Gabriel comes forward and whistles. “Remind me again not to get on his bad side.”

 

“Yes, remind me never to get into it again myself.” Castiel shivers. Still in awe of his beautiful mate.

 

Charlie walks over to Castiel. “Deans right, I should never have done it here.”

 

“We live and learn Charlie, we are all concerned about Dean. How can we make this up to Dean?” Castiel grins at her.

 

“Pie and grovelling. Oh, I have a better idea.” Charlie’s eyes go bright with a devious plan.

 

Castiel tells everybody in the common area that Dean is okay. If they’re concerned about him, to ask for him.

 

“So, this plan is?” Castiel asks Charlie.

 

Dean sits listening to music, calming his mind. Maybe he had been a little harsh on them both. The look on Castiel’s face still was priceless.

 

XxXxXx

 

Dean gets the letter from under his bed. Forgetting about it, until the argument. Castiel had called him. Both he and Charlie had a surprise for him.

 

Dressing in blue jeans and a plain green tee-shirt, getting ready for the day. Adam and Charlie greeted him.

 

“Hey, guys, nice to see you.” Dean grins, yesterday, already forgotten.

 

“Dean, I just want to say I’m sorry for yesterday,” Charlie tells her best friend. Dean pulls her in for a hug.

 

“I forgive you.”

 

They eat breakfast; the letter burning a hole in his pocket. Castiel wanders slowly over to Dean, slightly guarded.

 

“Castiel, can we talk before we leave?”

 

“Yes,” Castiel nods, slipping into his native tongue.

 

“I need to show you this. I forgot about it with everything that’s happened.”

 

Castiel takes the letter and reads it. Expecting a reprimand or punishment from the way he’s guarding himself. The feel of shame and regret hums through Dean’s veins. No, this will never do.

 

Castiel strokes Dean’s arm, tenderly. “Love if you forgot, that’s fine. We’ve had so much on our plates lately. At least we nowhere the money is coming from. Maybe we can meet up with her? She’s family, after all.”

 

“Y-you’re not cross?”

 

“Why would I be? You’ve got me to share this with now. And when you feel able to, we can talk about Mary.” Castiel flicks hair from Dean’s face and kisses his forehead tenderly.

 

Dean rushes over and crushes Castiel into a hug. “I love you, angel.”

 

“As I love you, darling boy.”

 

Castiel switched back to English. “Now, if you’re all finished, there is something we would like to show you, Dean. Charlie and I realised we had to make up for yesterday, and she came up with a magnificent idea.”

 

“You guys don’t have to,” Dean mumbled shyly.

 

“Yes, we do, Dean. What I did was unforgivable.” Charlie declared.

 

Both Anna and Michael strode into the room. “What’s all this?” The three Omegas erupted with shouts of shock, knowing something was going on.

 

The angels just grinned. “Let’s show Dean his present first.” laughed Michael out loud. All three angels grabbed their corresponding mate, and the world spun.

 

The skies were a Mediterranean blue, no clouds to mar the vista. The wind blew warm on their skin, a reprieve from the sun’s intense rays. The angels had settled them down on a dirt track wide enough for a single car to pass. The angels walked ahead, talking in Enochian. Dean, Adam, and Charlie were trailing behind them. They could detect nothing but trees. There was a curve in the road, and something shone brightly between summer green foliage.

 

“Look, it’s a lake!” Adam shouted out in excitement.

 

“Where are we?” Dean asked in wonderment.

 

Castiel turned his head. “Not far now, just to that house.” The angel pointed along the road.

 

Dean observes the house, balancing on the edge of the lake. The Omegas ran to catch up to their angels playing a game of tag. Then Dean halted, his breath taken from him. Looking down the short stone driveway, there sat a black car. The gleaming chrome shimmering in the sunlight.

 

“That can’t be, no way.” he stammered. Putting his hand over his mouth, tears swimming in his jade green eyes.

 

Castiel placed his arm over his shoulder, comforting him. “Yes, it is love. Charlie’s idea, an apology for how we acted towards you.”

 

“I can’t believe it; you made her like new. Thank you, thank you all very much.” Dean babbled, not sure what to say. He had baby back, his mom’s beloved car.

 

“We’re keeping her here, so when you want, you can take her for a spin. After you get your licence, we can teach you. My friend Cain will look after baby for you.” Castiel announced to his mate.

 

“I don’t deserve any of you.” Dean sniffed.

 

“You’re wrong, Dean,” Michael told the Omega. “You deserve all the happiness that life brings you.”

 

Anna clapped her hands. “We wanted to talk. I know Charlie’s been sad, not been herself. Since we moved elsewhere.”

 

“Nor has my Adam.” Michael played with the boy’s hair and ruffled it.

 

“We want to build a nest near Castiel’s, so you can all be together.” Anna carried on with the story.

 

“Angels live together. They aren’t solitary creatures. We thrive on family, community. I have assigned Anna a new task back in the agency, and so has Charlie.” Castiel told the eager mates.

 

“What! This is just too much.” Charlie burst into floods of tears.

 

“We require someone to monitor security. I hear you’re the best for the job.” Michael told her, laughing when she went crimson and hid behind Anna.

 

“I get my best friends back. I have a family. I don’t get happiness. This is just too good to be true.” Dean stammers, not believing any of this.

 

Castiel held on tightly to Dean’s hands and searched those mesmerising green eyes. “Good things happen, Dean Winchester. I promise you. Remember when I told you to open your eyes, sweet boy, it's time.”

 

Dean slipped from his angels’ fingers and rushed over and hugged his friends. The angels watched on, enjoying the fact they brought hope, joy and contentment to their mates.

Chapter 32: Don’t mess with family.

Summary:

Castiel sorts John out, making sure he knows, he knows his power. John as a plan but it does not pan out. Gabriel looks after his family.

Chapter Text

Castiel was, for the better word, pissed. That filth in the basement had sought an audience with his Dean. No way was he going to grant that. Yes, he had told Dean about it. In all goodness, he could keep nothing from that boy. The look of panic and dread that crossed his face said it all.

 

Castiel could feel the anguish, the twisting pain that was coming from Dean. So, he put on his Alpha voice and forbid Dean from even going down to the lower levels. Dean knew what he had done, giving him a chance to obey him. To take over this aspect of his life, so he felt no obligation. The boy knew if he wanted to, his mate and family would be by his side all the way. To face the man he formerly called dad.

 

Walking with purpose, he placed his hand on his trusted weapon. Wearing his battle dress, he was every part of the powerful Garrison Commander everybody feared. It would stop, he thought to himself. His mate had been through enough pain to last a thousand lifetimes. Castiel strode into the holding cells. He wanted to talk to John, demanded it. They moved the prisoner into a holding room. Castiel walked in, facing his foe for the first time. Samandriel was observing this, concerned for his brother, hoping he would do nothing he would subsequently regret. He got on to angel radio and called for back-up.

 

The room was a square, with a two-way mirror at one end of the wall. The walls painted gunmetal grey, with a metal table bolted to the floor. The chairs were also metal and bolted down. They secured John with magical cuffs on his arms and legs to the concrete reinforced floor. There were sigils ingrained on every surface; there was no escape from this room.

 

John appeared sickly, his face was hollow, and his cough was hacking. His skin was yellow, and he was weeping sores on his face and hands.

 

“I wondered when I would meet you again, angel,” John smirked, trying to sound imposing but failing badly.

 

Castiel just raised his eyebrow and shook his head. “I wanted to meet you again, John. Do you recall what I told you last time?” Castiel’s voice was icy, harsh, and unforgiving. John was now confronting the true angel worrier.

 

“I have no clue, so long ago.” John laughed blasé about the encounter.

 

Castiel knocked the metal chair aside like it was not magically reinforced to the ground and hammered in with silver nails. His strength was so magnificently powerful. “I told you if you touched Dean again, there would be consequences.”

 

John’s brown eyes grew wide, noting the powerful creature before him. “I want to see my son,” he growled.

 

“You have no children; you have no family at all. There is no one to talk to. Your life is over; we will punish you for your crimes—filth.” Castiel spat out. His grace was humming in his veins, his eyes glowing electric blue.

 

“I-I just want to see him; I have rights you no.” John tried to shift the chains, but it was no good Castiel trapped him.

 

Castiel smiled, but it was chilling, sending shivers down John’s spine. “My sire will come for me; they will avenge me.”

 

Castiel laughed, slamming his hands onto the table as it left indents of his handprints.

 

“You’re dying, because your sire has cut you off from your power supply. Once he found out what you did, your kin no longer wanted your wild ass. Playing with fire, John, it will get you burnt. Did you know Dean stayed with Uriel when he died? Never left his side. He got burnt for that honour; told no one. I’m the only one that knows.”

 

“What the fuck do I care?” shouted John, who was not enjoying this one bit.

 

“Dean takes after his mom. Sweet, kind, fearless and brave. He would not leave someone to die by themselves, even though he realised it would hurt him. I’m glad he gets none of your DNA, truly.”

 

“That’s Sammy, he’s all me.” John sneered.

 

“You are a foolish man. You can merely pass your DNA on to others of your kind. But not those with angel blood. Mary’s angel DNA would have eradicated any evil from those boys. They don’t have one ounce of darkness in them, nothing of you.”

 

“But that can’t be right,” John whispered in shock, but knew that the angel spoke the truth.

 

“Yes, it is. I told Dean, and he will tell Sam. The boys don’t need to worry about having parts of you in them. That’s why you hated Dean so much; he acted like an Omega, so your little brain assumed he would not have your DNA. It does not work like that. Dean is strong, stronger than any Alpha, even I fear him.”

 

“Why the hell would you fear a stupid whore like that?”

 

Castiel moved again and narrowed his eyes, picking up the man in chains. John’s legs dangled. He kicked them, trying to get the angel to let him down. Castiel had a firm grip on his shoulder; blazing eyes drilled into the monster. “I would watch yourself, speak of him again like that, and I will show you how painful some of those injuries are, you inflicted on him.”

 

“You wouldn’t dare. You’re too good.” John scoffed.

 

Castiel lifted the man higher off the ground. The angel’s other hand enveloped his neck, pressing tighter. John’s hands were still chained to the floor, and the chain went taught. John gasped for breath, like a fish out of water.

 

“You forget with whom you talk. I have fought thousands of battles, killed many who have wronged in God’s name. I am a soldier of God. I won’t hesitate to wipe a speck of dirt like you off the face of this planet.” Castiel told the man in a low set voice dripping with danger and promise.

 

“Do it then.” John gasped, knowing he would bring the angel’s downfall if he killed him. Revenge was a different ballgame altogether.

 

The door flew open, and Gabriel stepped in. “Brother, set him down. He’s not worth it. Dean needs you; he’s been calling.”

 

Castiel turned his head, his hands still tight around John. “Dean.” the angel whined.

 

“Yes, so let him down. Go to your mate.” Gabriel told his brother.

 

Castiel dropped John, and he fell like a sack of potatoes. “You’re not worth it, filth.”

 

“No, you don’t get to leave me,” screamed John, his plan backfiring.

 

Gabriel turned his nose up with utter disgust. “Sami put this idiot back in his cage. Revoke Dean and Castiel's rights down here,”

 

“Yes, brother.”

 

John just sat there screaming; they had won. His death would be for nothing.

 

Gabriel laughed. No one hurt his family, and John Winchester would not be the one that brought them down.

Chapter 33: The angel and the sword.

Summary:

Crowley picks up John from the holding bay. Mertha and Dean go shopping. Dean finds a ring for his angel. Castiel finds that there is something that his mate is keeping from him and Mertha is not all that she seems.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Gabriel stood with John in the holding room. Crowley materialised with Zad. They both bowed in respect.

 

“Gabriel, this is unexpected,” Crowley uttered in surprise.

 

“It’s better to keep Cassie and Dean away from this abomination at the moment.”

 

“Oh, yes, I can understand how that can be an issue. Did you bring news, Gabriel?”

 

“The elders want you and Lucifer to arrange his punishment. Now his sire’s out of the picture.”

 

“Yes, I get why you called me. Though I have news of my own — carry on, son.”

 

Zad stepped forward with a determined spirit. “John had a hand with how Dean’s tormentors came to the agency. When John came out of the agency with no money, he tried to get back inside. At first, John wanted to bring Dean out. Then, when he realised it was too difficult, John found Hael and Jace. In the guise that he could get humans that did not choose a mate. John could pay them off until they could leave the agency. Then John worked his magic; he asked Jace to track Dean’s every move. Both angels sent information back to him. The angels put John in contact with Ion. John’s sire wanted to infiltrate Castiel’s garrison to get at the tree of life. The very tree that could bring the downfall of humanity.”

 

“I can’t believe my brothers and sisters became so corrupt,”

 

“Free will can work both ways, angel. Between good and evil, it’s a precarious balance.” Crowley explained to Gabriel and his son.

 

“Tell Dean I send him all the best. I want to get to know him better.” Zad smiled shyly at Gabriel.

 

“I will pass on the message. Thank you both for helping with this matter. I don’t expect we could have got all that information without you. Take this filth. I need to watch out for my family; his very presence rocks their foundation.”

 

“Not to worry, love, it will be my pleasure.” Crowley cackles, and his eyes flicker red. The demon picks John up like he weighs nothing. “Come, son, we have an interesting lesson today.”

 

The demons vanish in a puff of black smoke, and Gabriel sighed in relief. John had gone. Though the lingering echo of his actions will haunt them for years to come.

 

XxXxXx

 

Mertha fussed over Dean. “Castiel is going to admire this outfit.”

 

Dean glances down and grins. “You think so?”

 

“Yes, I do. It will require altering, but it will be ready for graduation. What’s that you have in your pocket, young man?” Mertha wondered, intrigued.

 

“I brought Castiel a Feast gift. I never gave it to him. We’re meeting for lunch shortly. I want him to have it; now we are more settled.”

 

The two Omegas walk side by side in the hustle and bustle of the mall. Dean pulled Mertha over to a small independent shop that was selling jewellery.

 

“I need to stop in here,” Dean tells the angel.

 

“Ok honey, we have to rush or we will be late to meet with the commander.” Mertha smiles affectionately at the boy.

 

Dean eyed the rings, turning to his friend. “Do you think I can ask him? I’m not too young, am I?”

 

“Nonsense, Castiel’s older than you.” the angel chuckled at the absurdity of the age gap. “It would be a sweet touch, bringing both angels and human traditions together.”

 

“Yeah, I want to show him how I feel. Sometimes he stares at me when he assumes I’m not watching, and I worry. I love him Mertha.”

 

Mertha tuts. “Castiel knows that, child, but this will speak a thousand words.”

 

“Can I help?” asked a bubbly shop assistant. “My mom’s popped out, but I can serve you.”

 

“I need an engagement ring for my boyfriend,” Dean announces to the girl.

 

“My names Beth. Oh, this is my first engagement ring.” She clapped her hands together in glee.

 

Dean got caught up in Beth’s joyful mood. Mertha felt honoured that Dean had asked her advice on the sensitive topic.

 

“This one,” shouts Dean. Mertha came over and nodded her head in agreement.

 

“Yes, I think Castiel will treasure that, Dean.”

 

Silver and made of Tungsten, the wedding band, shone brightly, catching the lights of the shop. “So how shall we complete this?” Dean questioned Beth.

 

Beth pulled a pad and ink out. “Choose which finger; then we imprint your fingerprint onto the ring. Your partner will have a part of you to carry with them always.”

 

“I like that. It’s so different. Cas can get a little…” Dean thought of the words he needed.

 

“Protective, jealous and possessive.” chuckled Mertha, thinking of her brother.

 

Dean giggled. “Yeah, all of them.”

 

“Well, your man will cherish this. Those types always do. Long as you're both happy, that’s all that matters.”

 

“Cas treats me like I’m the only person in the world that matters. Like I’m precious. I can be strong and become whoever I want and achieve all my dreams when I’m in his arms.”

 

Beth’s mouth dropped open. “Wow, that’s… You’re giving me feels.” Mertha dabbed at her eyes with a hankie.

 

Dean pointed his ring finger, and Beth promised to call him when it was ready. Hopefully, before graduation. They met with Castiel, who was a little flustered because they were slightly late.

 

“Sorry, we are late, Castiel. I had a woman’s issue,” Mertha told him. The commander turned crimson and stammered, saying he was going to get them drinks.

 

“Mertha, you’re an angel, you don’t have women’s issues.” giggled Dean.

 

“No, but we will see how long he takes to realise that.” She winked at the young Omega.

 

They sat and ate their lunch, talking about the shops they had been into when Dean gave his angel the present.

 

“I, um, got you this for the Feast of the East. I wanted to give it to you.”

 

Castiel held the little package wrapped neatly in his fingers, wiggling it. “I never got you anything; I feel ashamed.”

 

Dean put his hand over the angels. “We can start over this coming year. We can’t keep glancing back angel, that won’t get us anywhere. Let’s look forward to our future.”

 

“Your right, I promise we will have a better Feast this year. I will make the Feast one that you will remember forever.”

 

“All I want is you and my friends and family angel.”

 

The angel’s blue eyes twinkled, telling Dean that nothing would stop the angel from doing all in his power to make the day extra special.

 

“Well, what are you waiting for, Cas? Open it.” Dean nudged the daydreaming angel.

 

Castiel unwrapped the gift, opening the box. Inside was a light brown leather bracelet, much like the one he wore. On the top were angel wings, with a sword going down its centre. Dean and Castiel’s names on the exterior printed in Enochian.

 

“How did you know? That’s not possible.” Exclaimed the angel in shocked awe. Dean just winked and put his finger to his lips.

 

Castiel placed the bracelet around his wrist and secured it. “Thank you, Dean. This is wonderful. There is something you’re not telling me.”

 

“Nothing that I can think of, Cas. Now, are we ready to leave?”

 

Mertha put their trays away, and Dean got up. Castiel gave Dean a quizzical expression. “I’m just popping to the bathroom.”

 

Mertha saw the expression on Castiel’s face. “What’s the matter, commander?”

 

“Dean, he knew something. It’s not possible. Why won’t he talk to me?”

 

“Have you ever thought that he can’t come to you yet? That this on your wrist is a big clue. He was going to give this to you, honey, a long time ago, even when he thought you did not care for him.”

 

“Dean, he wanted me back then? He’s grown to love me.”

 

“Yes brother, he’s always loved you. This clue, you must figure it out for yourself. He’s not keeping anything back from you, Castiel. Dean can’t physically tell you.”

 

“I need to listen to him, help him, and guide him,” Castiel whispered, staring at the bracelet.

 

“Brother, this is a test. Chuck needs for you to take this ultimate step.” Mertha pattered Castiel tenderly on the hand.

 

Castiel glanced into his sister’s eyes, seeking the truth. “Dad sent you down to watch over us?”

 

“Yes, I can’t give you any help, but Castiel, you're so close. Hold on to Dean with everything you have.”

 

“I will, and I have to sit and think about all this.”

 

“Hey guys, are you ready?” Dean asked the two angels.

 

“Yes, love. Grab your bags, and we will be on our way.”

 

Dean beamed and hung onto Castiel’s arms. His bags were swinging between them. When they found a deserted spot, they flew back to the agency.

Notes:

If you have read the fic well you will get some of the clues... I love you all dearly but so tired, I'm sure if they take any more blood I won't have any left and sparkle like a vampire.

I hope you enjoy it, Thanks for your love, support and comments... Of to bed to sleep for the next year xxx

Chapter 34: Graduating times.

Summary:

Dean graduates and gets his award. Dean also has a very important question to ask his angel. Dean asks to go to his family and the pair get ready to take the next step of there journey.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 Text to Cas: Hey angel, I need to see you.

 

Text to Dean: I’m busy Dean. Work is taking my spare time. I will catch you at graduation.

 

Text to Cas: Ok.

 

Dean dashed about the common area, making sure everything was ready for the upcoming ceremony. The chairs decorated in the purples and greens of the agency. Chairs were on the stage and in a semi-circle on the floor.

 

“Dean, will you calm down? Everything is perfect,” Mertha called to the Omega.

 

“Yes, Dean, get to bed, or you won’t be up in time. This time, set your alarm.” Cam winked at him.

 

“I will thank you.” Dean waved at his friends who had been helping all day.

 

“Don’t you be fretting about your outfit; it’s in your room. Also, this came for you.” Mertha’s eyes sparkled as she handed Dean a ruby red bag.

 

Dean’s eyes lit up with joy. “It came.”

 

“I went out special to get it. Now off to bed. I don’t need to be calling the commander now, do I?”

 

Dean knew the threat was an empty one, and he wished the angels a pleasant evening. Dean could not wait to get up to his room and look at the ring. Opening the door, he pulled the velvet box from its red home. The little box opened with a creek and Dean stared at it with awe.

 

The ring glinted in the light, the silver highly polished. There was his fingerprint, a part of his DNA, sat on the ring for his angel to carry around with him. What if he said no? Knowing he needed to keep his moods steady or he would have a panicked angel in his hands? He placed the box back in its bag. His fingers brushed a slip of paper, and he pulled it out.

 

‘Loved your story, Dean. He will say yes. Here’s to forever.’ Love Beth.

 

Dean smiled and put the ring on the table, knowing he would not forget it. He set his phone for six, needing a shower. It would take him time to get ready. It was not only important to him, but for his angel. Dean knew he could not let him down this time. He wanted to show what he had learnt and put it into practice.

 

Dean went to bed; it took him time to fall asleep. Making certain he had Castiel’s feathers under his pillow. He finally succumbed to the fatigue of the day.

 

XxXxXxX

 

The alarm woke him with a piercing beep, sitting up in a slight daze. Smiling, he ran his hand through his messy bed hair. Dean had it cut on the persistence of Mertha. Not too short, as he knew his angel liked to run his fingers through it. Dean had spoken to Michael about the ceremony, and all was ready. Breathing in and out slowly, he went and grabbed a shower. Being a Nephilim meant he did not have to shave so regularly, but today he did. Drying his hair with a soft towel, he ran gel through it, making it spiked. He slipped on underwear and aftershave behind his ears. He slipped on old sweats and a hoodie and grabbed some shoes. Getting his pass, he waited for the elevator. Going down to the common area, a few people were milling about at that hour.

 

“Hey Dean, you ready for this?” asked Joe, yawning noisily.

 

“Yeah, nervous.” Dean chuckled.

 

“Yeah, buddy me too. Oh, Mertha sent me out with fish food. Come on, let’s leave for a walk; it’s not overly cold out there.”

 

The two boys wandered over to the bridge and sat down, dangling their legs over the side. They kept up the usual small talk and fed the greedy fish.

 

“Astra has been so much better. I hope it stays that way.” Joe mused, finding his fingers more interesting than feeding the fish.

 

“You can come to us anytime. Text me, plus I’m going to be there with you most of the week; you know the drill.”

 

“Yeah, thanks, Dean. I can’t imagine living with someone like the commander; he’s kinda a badass.”

 

Dean laughed. “He can be. But he’s a big teddy bear underneath. You tell him that, and I will deny everything.”

 

“My lips are sealed.” Joe checked his watch. “It’s just gone eight, breakfast time. Then we better get dressed.”

 

“Yep, come on. I want to eat bad stuff. Cas won’t let me.”

 

“Dude, that’s harsh.”

 

“Tell me about it. Nephilim, not like I’m going to have heart trouble.”

 

Joe snorted and shook his head. “So, pancakes smothered in syrup?”

 

“Oh, yeah.” Dean laughed.

 

After breakfast, Dean went back to his room. He put black dress pants on and a white shirt. Pulling over his head the robe that was black velvet. The background depicted stars in the night sky, each sowed with small silver beads. There were constellations and galaxies in the material. They caught the light and shimmered, giving the illusion that they were moving. Castiel had given him a chain to wear. It was a gold star, and he proudly wore it. Dean placed his black cloth cap on his head with a bronze tassel, denoting Castiel’s rank.

 

Dean found his marvel socks and then his dress shoes. If Castiel could get away with it, so could he. Grabbing the ring, he placed it into his dress pants pocket. He shivered, and his breathing grew quicker. Suddenly, he felt a warm sensation flood through his body and immediately felt calmer.

 

‘Thanks, Cas. Why did I not think of praying before?’ Dean slapped his hand on his head. ‘Idiot,’ he mumbled to himself. ‘Mated to an angel Dean.’

 

Dean put his leather bracelet on his wrist and got his passkey. He ambled to the elevator and descended to the ground floor. Everyone was sitting on the chairs, getting ready for the ceremony. Dean moved to stand next to Castiel’s chair and waited for the elders to come into the room.

 

The choir started up the graduation anthem of Hallelujah. Everyone stood, while the elders walked single file onto the stage. Adam was behind Michael, and Charlie waved from the front seat. Dean nodded and grinned at her.

 

Then he spotted his angel, his unruly black hair a mess. His breastplate was azure, and his tunic was bronze. The angel had gold stars on his shoulder to denote his high rank. He had black leather pants and brown ankle boots. His six black wings, shining from his back, flickering and flexing, and his three halos shone brilliantly. Dean looked down and saw the bee socks, and Castiel winked at him. Dean showed his Marvel socks, and he got a grin from the angel.

 

Castiel stood by him, unyielding at attention, with his hands behind his back. Dean was proud of his angel, knew he was lucky to have this fantastic being by his side. He felt love flow through him, his heart thumps faster, and tears pricked his eyes. Dean whispered a silent prayer to his angel for calming gratitude. 

 

Everyone sat down. Michael was on the podium, giving his graduation speech.

 

“The Cohan award for the male and female who have academically come top of their graduating class are Sandy Miller and Jake Finch.” Everyone clapped for Sandy and Jake.

 

Then Gabriel stepped forward. “The Progress award this year is for the student who’s done his best in all of his subjects. Got two awards from his angel and helped his friends at the agency. He will begin his new job here at the agency, helping recruits settle in. The Chuck Challenger award goes to Joe Hallen.” Dean laughed at the shock on Joe’s face, and he clapped the hardest.

 

“Well done, dude,” whispered Dean as Joe came by towards Gabriel. Joe beamed and shook the archangel’s hand. Gabriel sat down, and Castiel got up. It confused Dean; usually, all his angel had to do was sit and look pretty. Castiel turned and glared at him, raising an eyebrow.

 

‘Shit, can he hear my thoughts now?’ Dean thought to himself.

 

Castiel turned around and faced the front. “I have an award to give out today. This person should have received it some months back, but fate changed our hands. The elders held a meeting and decided that not only as this Omega helped his fellow agency mates. Going through a torrid past, yet they could love, give charity, kindness, and strength to others. They have passed more tests than any other and yet there are only seventeen. This person helped us realise we were doing it wrong, how we cared for our mates. We are now implementing different frameworks to make the agency a better place for you and other generations of Omegas. I am proud to call Dean Winchester my mate. Dean, we present this new award to you; we will award it to other Omegas after you and it will bear your name. You’re a true inspiration to others.”

 

Dean got up on wobbly legs and accepted the award. They shaped it like a star. What else would it be? Everyone stood up and cheered and clapped. They all loved Dean and knew he surely deserved it.

 

Michael came forward and seized the award. Everyone quietened down, recognising something important was now going to take place. Dean stepped forward and switched his mike on, that was around his neck. Gabriel had whizzed it up with his mojo.

 

“Castiel, you stumbled into my life like a shadow, hovering just out of reach. I thought you did not want me, just like everybody else in my life. Then you vanished, yet you never truly did. You were there watching out for me, making certain I was safe, cared for, loved. You gave me a family, and for the longest time, I did not realise that. I thought I was alone, but I never actually was. You held my hand and guided me. When I left the agency, you never let harm occur, not once letting me fall. I have grown to love your company, your extensive knowledge and your guidance and your family. I love your nest you’ve created for us and kindness you show me. Ever patient and thoughtful, letting me stumble, and being my safety net.”

 

Dean took a deep breath and took out the ring in his pocket, kneeling on one knee. “I have spoken to some members of your family. I wanted to do this for you today, and amalgamating of our cultures. So, commander of Gods, own army. Castiel Angel of Thursday. Will you marry me?” Dean flicked the box open, and everybody held their breath.

 

Castiel knelt next to Dean. “Little Omega, I’ve loved you from the first moment I saw the pain in your jade green eyes. Dean, your soul burnt so bright it blinded me. I wanted to take your pain away and replace it with happiness. I want to fill your days with joy. I will forever love you, Dean. The answer will be forever, yes.”

 

Dean put the ring on his angel. Castiel glanced at it and smiled when he saw it bore a part of his mate to carry around with him. Castiel entwined their fingers, and Michael nodded his head to the choir, who sang their song. They filed out, and Dean felt giddy with happiness.

 

Dean stayed by Castiel’s side this time. The angel was not letting his hand go once. Dean spoke to his classmates and other angels. They all congratulated them on their engagement.

 

Later, they stood in a corner by themselves. “Dean, can I say how amazing you look today? You shine like the star you truly are.”

 

Dean blushed. “Thanks Cas, can I ask you something?”

 

“Anything, sweetheart.” Castiel brought Dean’s hand up and kissed it.

 

Dean smiled softly at the sweet gesture. “I want to visit my brother and Uncle Bobby. Is that okay?”

 

“Yes, we can. You need to pack your things and then move out of the agency; then we will visit them. I also want to talk to your uncle. I think it’s time Sam has some sought of angelic protection, someone to teach and guide him.”

 

“I agree; I don’t want him to come into his powers as I did.” Dean grimaced at the mere thought of his baby brother going through that.

 

“Then pack tomorrow, and we will have you moved by the end of the week. We can’t mate yet until your heat. I don’t predict that will happen until after your eighteenth birthday. You can have the spare room. I’ve added a room on the second floor until then.”

 

“That sounds fair. How did you get around, Michael?”

 

“The spare room was a compromise of sorts. You can still have your room here at the agency if you wish until you come of age. So, leave a change of clothes. I want you near me.”

 

Dean smiled and squeezed the angel’s hand. “I can’t wait for that angel. Are you ready for our next adventure?”

 

“Mmm, being with you, Dean, is like jumping into the dark with faith. Yes, my little Omega, I am ready.”

 

They walked hand in hand into the garden; at that moment, nothing could burst their bubble of happiness. But dark clouds were ascending from the Heavens.

Notes:

As always with me, the calm before the storm. I do always write a happy ending. x

Chapter 35: Take my hand.

Summary:

Dean moves to the nest. They go and see Sam and Bobby and Dean finds out some interesting information about omegas.

Chapter Text

Dean packed most of his clothes and a few items he had gathered over the time he had spent at the agency, leaving behind a few pieces, like a toothbrush. Castiel carried a couple of boxes down; the angel also had a suitcase and a backpack on his back.

 

“Is this all Dean?”

 

“Yep, not much, but this is me?”

 

“Excellent, we have flight clearance so hold tight to me, and we can get out of here,” Dean held onto his angel, and that feeling of weightlessness ascended on him, and they arrived at the nest. Dean looked around and spotted the other two cabins nearby. He was glad that his family would be close, but not on top of them.

 

Castiel mojoed them up to the second floor, and the angel showed him the spare room. There was a stone fireplace like the one in the living area. There was a veranda that overlooked the forest with chairs and a table. The wooden floor had thick green rugs, and the walls had pictures of the wilderness. The bed was a king, with light blue covers. In the corner was a light blue chair with a wooden bookcase and lamp. There were shelves for knickknacks and a walk-in wardrobe. The bathroom had a small shower and a claw foot bath, all done in light blue and white tiles.

 

Dean unpacked his clothes and put them away; he placed his computer and a few items on the shelves. A picture of him, Adam and Charlie at last year’s graduation. A glass angel figurine and a picture of him and his mom when he was a baby.

 

Dean stepped out onto the veranda and smelt the fresh pine. The colours of the other trees in the forest were turning reds, oranges and yellows, making the woods look like they were on fire. It was breathtakingly beautiful. Up here you could see the lake not far off in the distance. Dean hoped he and his friends could visit once the better weather was upon them.

 

A firm body and hands wrapped around him, and the angel kissed the back of his neck. “Your uncle will expect us soon, love; you better get dressed in something more suitable.”

 

Dean peered down and speculated on the sweats and hoodie he was wearing. He knew better than to argue with the angel.

 

Dean got his best black jeans out and pulled a white tee-shirt over his head. Over that, he put a green button-down on. Dean wore his leather bracelet and his star pendant. Castiel had changed into jeans and a white dress shirt and a blue jumper.

 

“Ready love?”

 

“Yes angel, I have Bobby’s and Sammy’s gifts, and I have the pie for dessert. Mertha made it.”

 

“That angel spoils you.” Castiel tutted.

 

“She just wanted me to have a homemade pie. I did not have time to make one.” pouted Dean quickly.

 

“I was teasing you, love.” Castiel grinned.

 

Dean rolled his eyes. “Come on angel, let’s get going.”

 

They arrived on Bobby’s doorstep. Castiel said they could not simply appear in someone’s home. It was rude, even if they knew them. So Castiel knocked on the door.

 

“Why are you knocking, boy? You could have just popped in.”

 

Dean grinned and held his laugh inside, his stomach shaking. Castiel shook his head and walked by the older man.

 

Sam ran up to Dean, and they hugged. “Missed you, little brother. How are you doing at school?”

 

“It’s great, Dean. I presented as a Beta. Kinda early, but they say you can.”

 

“That’s great, Sammy, truly proud of you. Castiel wants you to have a guardian angel of sorts. So, when your powers develop, they can aid you.”

 

Dean and Castiel looked at Bobby to see what the older man’s reaction moreso than Sam’s would be.

 

“I agree with you, boy; he needs someone to help him. I ain’t no good to the boy. My books tell about angels, but hands-on would be so much better,”

 

“I will get it arranged. We want you safe, Sam.” Castiel told the young Beta.

 

“Yeah, that’s fine.” Sam rambled on about his classes, and his friends at school and Dean sat and listened.

 

“I brought you and Bobby some candy, also pie, from my friend Mertha.”

 

“That’s great Dean.” Bobby nodded, taking the pie through to the kitchen.

 

Dean told Sam and Bobby his news. And what had happened at the agency. His new job and his award and the nest. “I wanted to tell you guys that I asked Cas to marry me.”

 

“What now?” Bobby turned his head between Dean and Cas. Castiel showed them his unique ring, and they both admired it. “Well, that’s different. Good for you for putting both traditions together.”

 

“When we bond, I want Dean’s family there,” Castiel told them.

 

“Would not miss it for the world. About time this boy got some happiness. Now let me go check on dinner.”

 

“I’ve been reading up on angels, Dean. Do you go all badass if someone attacks your nest?” Sam asked excitedly.

 

Dean frowned. “What?”

 

“I read about Omegas like you, Dean. If someone attacked your nest, you would be more powerful than an Alpha.”

  

Dean squinted at Castiel, who seemed to find a magazine on car parts fascinating. “So, angel, when were you going to tell me this?” smirked Dean, remembering what Cas had said about staying on his right side.

 

Castiel cleared his throat. The brothers were studying him with amusement. “I would have told you, love; it’s- I was getting there.”

 

“What you scared of me, angel?” Dean asked, crossing his arms and raising his eyebrow.

 

“I think I heard your uncle call.” Castiel stood up and speedily left the room. ‘Don’t think you can get out of this conversation, angel.’ Dean prayed to him. “Sammy, can I look at this book?”

 

“Sure, come to my room.” Dean followed his brother up the stairs to his room.

 

Sam sorted through the pile of books on his desk and brought a dusty old tomb out of the stack. Thumbing through it, he found the page marked with Omega powers.

 

Omegas are powerful, in certain situations. They are all connected in some cosmic way. There is a legend that one omega will set all of them free; no longer will they be under oppression. Angels treat their Omegas vastly different to humans. The Lord God made Omegas the family bearer. They are strong, though humans see this as weak. If an outside force threatens their nest or family, they have killed. The most famous of these is Flagstaff, Arizona. Alphas jumped an Omega angel heavily pregnant. In protecting her baby, she blew said alphas up, and the hole in the desert has stood ever since. Never underestimate an Omega.

 

“Well, thanks for that, Sammy. I guess that’s why Cas was avoiding telling me. He fears me.”

 

The boys laughed at the big bad warrior angel who feared him. “I’ve missed you, little brother.”

 

“I’ve missed you too, Dean. Glad you’re happy now that you have someone that can love and take care of you.”

 

“Yeah, Cas is great. I love him, Sammy. Come on, squirt, let’s see what the men of the house have been getting up to.”

 

They all sat down to a dinner of roast chicken and veg, mashed potatoes, and gravy. For dessert, it was apple pie and ice-cream.

 

“That was amazing, Uncle Bobby. Thanks,” Dean told his uncle.

 

“Yes, Bobby, thanks for the meal.”

 

“You boys clear the table and wash up. I want to show Castiel the books I have.”

 

Dean and Sam washed and dried and put the leftovers in the fridge. They all sat down to watch ‘Amazing beasts and where to find them’. Dean and Sam loved it.

 

“We better be getting back to the nest, Dean,” Castiel told his mate.

 

“Dean, can I come to stay with you soon?” Sam asked his brother.

 

Dean glanced over at his angel, hoping he would explain this subject.

 

“Sam, his or her close family and friends will share an angels’ nest. We by nature live in a community. Angels are likewise territorial; Alphas and Omegas have killed those they perceive as a threat to their nest. The downstairs rooms of a nest are open to those an angel invites. The second floor is for mates and their fledglings. No one should evade that space. Either the Alpha or Omega would kill them. The Alpha or Omega would observe it as a challenge for their mate, and if there are fledglings, it would not be a pleasant sight. We have guest rooms in the attic, but there are stairs down to the lower floors. Until Dean comes of age, I cannot allow anybody into the nest; not even family. I would feel that as a direct threat. You will both be welcome when Dean’s heats passed; however, for now, we will visit you. You can contact Dean anytime, and his appointed guard, or I will bring him.”

 

“That’s something I did not know. Why does Dean need a guard?” Sam asked, thirsty for information.

 

“I rank fifth as the most powerful angel in the known universe, Sam. Dean could be a potential target. I could not let him be by himself. We do not leave our mates without sufficient protection.”

 

There was shock and concern on Sam’s face. “You’re going to be safe, right, Dean?”

 

“Sam, no one will hurt your brother. They would not live to accomplish the task,” Castiel growled out.

 

Sam stared, and Bobby just nodded. “Deans in the best hands, Sam, don’t you fear?”

 

They said goodbyes to their hosts. Dean gave his uncle and brother a hug, and Castiel shook Bobby’s hand. Sam hugged Castiel, and this surprised the angel who hugged the boy back.

 

When they returned to their nest, Dean turned to the angel. “So, Cas, when were you going to mention to me about the badass Omega thing?”

 

“I was... you can be scary, Dean,” Castiel whined, backing away. Dean narrowed his eyes.

 

“Mmm, sure angel, just you remember that.” Dean winked and ran up to the second floor.

 

Castiel looked up and smiled softly. ‘I won’t forget my sweet Omega, but I’m still boss about here.’ Castiel thought to himself. The angel then ran to find his mate.

Chapter 36: My world stops.

Summary:

Dean goes to see Castiel whos busy at work. The angel brings news. Mertha, however, has some bad news for Dean and he has no clue how to deal with it.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Castiel sat at his desk. The angel was working on the current plans for his garrison. Asking himself why an angel would betray him and Chuck. There was a knock at his door, and he rubbed at his tired eyes, placing his pen down.

 

“Come.” He called in an irritable tone.

 

“Castiel, you wished to meet with me?” Dean asked, slipping in through the doorway.

 

“Yes, Dean, sit down.” Castiel pointed to a seat near his desk. “I just received the word; Samandriel will watch Sam. I can trust him, and he’s looking forward to the task.”

  

“The angel that guarded Uriel?” Dean asked, thinking back to when he had heard that name before.

 

“Yes, you’re correct. Also, I have asked Camael to be your guard, and he’s accepted. I know you get on well and he’s tended to you in your time at the agency.”

  

Dean groaned inwardly, not needing a babysitter. “This is non-negotiable.” Castiel narrowed his eyes.

  

“Yes, Castiel, of course, and I accept. I look forward to it. Is there anything else you require me for?”

 

“No, I’m busy, so you can leave.” Castiel waved his fingers and bowed his head, searching through his papers once more.

 

“I will catch you later.” Dean shook his head at how swiftly his angel dismissed him. Rushing out of the door, he breathed a sigh of relief. He kept forgetting that his angel could pick up his thoughts now and then.

 

Dean walked back to the human side of the agency before he turned to Amber’s desk. Mertha pulled him into a room by the entrance.

 

“W-what’s going on? Mertha, are you okay?” Hissed Dean, his heart jumping out of his chest.

 

“I require your assistance, Dean. Castiel can’t feel you. I work for God, we can call him Chuck.” the older angel laughed. “Pick a seat, Dean.”

 

Dean sat down. It shook him up, but this was not the strangest thing to have happened to him, so he went with the flow. “My title is Guardian Angel; I help individuals that need an angel’s guidance. Chuck asked me to support you and my brother. There are tests, steps if you must that you had to complete — that you were the ones he prophesied.”

 

“You’re telling me that God, Chuck he as no clue who the chosen people are?”

 

“No, there are clues, but we do not know. Castiel was the only fledgeling that qualified these standards. He was a quiet little thing, always had his head stuck in a book.” Mertha smiled fondly. “Angels are born will all means of different coloured wings, but Castiels were black as night. They shimmered like a rainbow, you could depict, greens, purples, and reds, but predominantly they were black, and he had six wings.”

 

“Gabriel informed me that Castiel got black wings because he visited Lucifer so frequently.”

 

Mertha snorted. “They were fooling with you honey, he was born like that. Anyway, Castiel became a worrier and rose among the ranks. No one could beat him, well, only Lucifer. They entrusted Gabriel with his care; he was protective of Castiel. Loved him, nurtured him, but likewise brought that fun side out that he lacked.”

 

“So, you realised he was the angel they spoke about?”

 

“Well, yes, so we assumed. Who else could it be? We looked after him, and everybody bowed before this little Alpha. Castiel was firm, kind, funny, strict and had faith in everybody. We respected him; he was not unlike a human and an angel. Gabriel taught him to love humanity and made certain he understood the good and ugly parts.”

 

“I guess not all angels are like him, are they?” Dean inquired, embracing all the additional information he was gathering about his angel.

  

“No, child, they are not. Castiel taught us such a lot of important facts. He encouraged us to have feelings, to love, and to have faith in each other. It was Chuck’s plan, after all. We are not born to be automatons, and then Chuck wanted us to take Omega mates. The humans did not take kindly to Omegas, and we could not stop them; free will and all that. Now and then we would set a restart. History renews itself. We waited for the Star human and angel, the ones who would free us all. Then a certain green-eyed boy wandered through the agency doors and everything slotted into place.”

 

“You were here though when I arrived.” Dean frowned.

 

“Castiel had been undergoing a troublesome time, and Chuck had sent me to monitor him. Then you appeared, and I saw my brother fall so profoundly into your light he became lost.”

 

“Mertha, what do you need from me?” Dean did not want to ask, because he felt something disastrous about to happen, his stomach in knots and he felt sick.

 

“Your last test was for you to step away from John. To learn forgiveness. By doing that, you let his punishment get tried by a court, not by your soul. Your soul would have become tarnished if you had murdered him that day.”

 

“So, I would not have been the human or Nephilim you wanted?”

 

“No, your soul had to be pure.”

 

“What's Castiel's test? What would you have me do?” He whispered. Only an angel could hear him. Dean closed his eyes and waited for the bullet to shatter his heart.

 

Mertha touched his hand, giving some comfort. “To step away from you, Dean. Even when it gets so hard, it hurts his grace. If he walks away, it ends now. We recognise who you are, but we have to know for certain who Castiel is. We are not one hundred percent clear of his lineage, the stars do not line up,”

 

“You need me to push him?” Dean’s voice broke, holding on tightly to the other angel.

 

“Yes, so hard. It will hurt, but you have to. There is no alternative way, sweetie.”

 

“I love my brother and my uncle, but I have loved no one like I do my angel. You’re asking me to break my world apart.” Tears slip out of Dean’s eyes, not holding back because this was breaking his heart. “He will never forgive me.”

 

“Then, my dear child, you are not soul mates. Have this day and night. That’s all we can give; it starts tomorrow.”

 

Dean nodded, wishing they could be just an average couple. “Sure, okay, I need to consider this. He can’t feel me, can he?”

 

“Not until the outcome of the test, no,” Mertha told him affectionately.

 

Dean rubbed his eyes; they were red and itchy. “Whatever happens, I don’t blame you, Mertha.” Dean stepped away and continued to his room, knowing he would have to think about pushing his angel away.

 

Mertha watched Dean leave and sighed, having faith in her two-favourite people. And the trouble tomorrow would create.

 

That night Dean clung to Castiel like a limpet. Told him repeatedly that he loved him, that he was his everything. Hoping the angel would remember the words in the harsh light of the new day.

Notes:

Thank you for your support, love and amazing comments xxx

Things are going to get a little bumpy for a while. xxx

Chapter 37: Let him run.

Summary:

Warnings: Underage drinking and reckless behaviour. Reference and acknowledgement to self-harm. Language. Abusive behaviour toward others. Angel powers are used.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean hoped that when Castiel got the message about him today, the angel would remember the love he had for him. Getting dressed, he packed his computer in his bag. He called for Cam and remained inside the nest.

 

Cam had no clue that Castiel had not mated with Dean. After all, the youngster carried his mark and now his ring. So, he picked Dean up from the kitchen. They had not informed the angel that he could not enter the den.

 

“Hey Cam, do you want some breakfast before we leave?” Dean smiled deceivingly at the angel.

 

“Tea would be nice; I rather like the tea here on earth.”

 

“I have tea, Castiel likes it.”

 

Dean ate some pop tarts; he could have them if he were on his best behaviour. He had three and made certain to leave behind the packet. These were trivial details, but Dean knew they could turn into mountains.

 

Cam took him to the agency. The angel went off to work, knowing Dean would not traipse off. Dean grabbed Joe, Adam, Charlie, Kate, Flynn, and Harry to assist him. Michael, Anna, Gabriel, and Mertha were likewise on board.

 

“Okay, guys, I need to piss Castiel off. It’s a test for him, like from God himself. We can’t tell anyone. They will stop you. So, walk away now.” Dean peered around, but everybody remained.

 

“What can we do to help?” Harry asked.

 

“Harry, I need Tula on board; Mertha can communicate with her. You need to establish a complaint about me; anything ridiculous. I don’t care.”

 

“How about you hugged me without Tula’s permission?” Harry suggested hurriedly.

 

“What do you think, Mertha?” Dean asked his friend.

 

“That will anger Castiel. Yes, Harry, but we both need to report to Tula. We don’t want Dean to be in any danger. Dean, we need Cam in the picture. You took him into the nest today?”

 

“Yeah, I feel bad about that, but I was thinking on my toes.”

 

“Don’t worry, honey.”

 

“Flynn and Kate, speak with your angels because we are having a sleepover in the common room tonight. Midnight feast, late night at the movies.” Dean grinned at them, hoping he would have some enjoyment out of this mess.

 

“Oh my gosh, we can have so much fun, Dean. We will get Kedi and Maze to join us. Will they be guards because it will piss the commander off?” Kate giggled.

 

“Yes, honey, we would not leave you vulnerable. Do not worry.” Mertha smiled at the young Omega.

 

“Sorry, Mertha, but Adam, Charlie and I are having a food fight at supper time.” Dean grinned cheekily at the angel.

 

Mertha laughed. “I will bring the plastic plates and cutlery out then. Think how to push him, Dean. This may not be enough.”

 

“My Cas has a temper, and he thinks before he speaks. I may get pissed myself. I will ask for the ring back. That will kill him.” Dean sighed sadly, not wanting this to happen one iota.

 

Mertha took Dean and hugged him. “You are the chosen one, I know it, keep the faith.” the angel whispered into his ear.

 

“That’s all I have left at the moment.” Dean closed his eyes and exhaled, not wanting to panic. Getting his bag, he continued to his old room. It was hell. Lying and hurting, Cas going against his better nature. One way or the other, he hoped they could get through this.

 

Amber rushed over to Mertha. “The Nephilim sigils have gone down. I can’t get them back up.”

 

“That’s odd, keep trying Amber. Maybe there is a glitch in the systems; what about the angel ones?” 

 

Amber rolled her grace and sounded concerned. “The elder ones have gone down too.”

 

“Well, Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, and Castiel won’t harm anybody, and Lucifer’s stuck in hell. So, don’t fret. Let me call Yanna to bring Kevin in. Don’t forget Amber, it’s dad’s doing if strange events happen today. He will help Dean, not the commander.”

 

“That’s ok, Mertha, I have my orders.” Amber went back to her desk.

 

Mertha shook her head, wondering when her sister would get the reason the systems were down because Chuck wanted it that way. Dean came down, and Harry crossed over to him near the green plant by the elevator doors.

 

“Dean, I’m ready. Tula’s in place. She can’t wait.”

 

“Tula’s a muse angel specialises in acting. This is her thing.” giggles Dean. “bring it on dude.”

 

Harry gets out behind the plant and sits down. Dean bounds up to him like an overexcited puppy.

 

“Hey, Harry, thanks for that book,” Dean shouts at the top of his voice.

 

“Dean, keep your voice down. No need to shout.” The boy rolls his eyes.

 

Harry stands, and Dean hugs him. People stand and stare. Harry try’s in vain to draw away, but the Omega clings on.

 

“What on earth are you doing, Dean? I will have the commander after me.” Harry pushes Dean hard, falling he hits his head on a table.

 

Harry steps forward with worry etched on his face, but Dean shakes his head in warning.

 

“I’m going to report this.” The Omega says at the top of his voice. Stamping away, people stare at Dean whispering behind their hands.

 

Dean was still down on the floor when Tula and Michael march into the common area. Both angels raise their eyebrows at the cut on Dean’s head.

 

“I need to call Castiel down for this, Dean. He won’t be pleased with your behaviour,” Michael shouts furiously.

 

Dean prayed to Mertha. ‘Did you revoke Castiel’s pass to my room? I need to reach it so he can’t follow me.‘ Hoping they had heard the prayer, he sits and rubs his head.

 

There is an almighty bang, and Castiel comes hurtling through the doors. He glares at Dean and observes that he’s injured, but does nothing. When Castiel does not heal him, Dean’s heart drops. That’s a point against the angel. No matter what, even if you’re pissed with your mate, sick or injured, never leave them untreated.”

 

“Dean, can you explain why they called me here? Hugging another Omega without their angels’ permission, you would learn that on your first day here. Or are you too stupid to take that in?” Castiel growled, his eyes were flashing red.

 

Dean reels back. That hurt. Those are his dad’s words, stupid, thick, not right for anything.

 

“What do you have to say for yourself?” Castiel pushes him for an answer.

 

Dean gets up on wobbly feet. “I’m not coming home tonight.”

 

Castiel grabs hold of his arm. “You will, and you will accept your punishment.”

 

Dean feels a weird sensation rush through him. Icey and warm, his very nerves come awake, his fingers tingle with power. Everyone steps back, even Michael. Dean stares at Castiel and propels him aside like he’s light as a feather on his wing. The Alpha lands on the floor and glances up, shocked and hurt, at his Omega.

 

“No, I’m staying here.” then Dean rushes through the doors and gets in the elevator.

 

When Dean goes into the bathroom, he checks in the mirror. His eyes are a golden yellow flecked with the green of his iris. ‘Well, shit, he thinks to himself, I just went all Omega on my angel.

 

At supper time Dean goes back downstairs, and Adam, Charlie, and Joe wait for him. They are a little wary, but he smiles, reassuringly putting them at ease.

 

“How’s your head? How come it’s not healed?” Charlie inquired, distressed over her friend’s accident.

 

“No clue. Something to do with this test.” Dean shrugs, wishing his head would stop throbbing.

 

“Castiel didn’t heal you, so you bear that mark,” Charlie said.

 

“I think you're right, Red. It will only become worse. I will piss Castiel when he encounters the state; I left the nest. Also, Cam was there and when he finds we had a food fight. We will have one particularly angry Alpha angel on our hands.”

 

“Anna, Tula, Michael, Gabriel, Maze, and Kedi are all watching out for us,” Adam explained to the table. “Michael told Cam to hide until this was over. Amber and Janey are staffing the front desk.”

 

“Let’s grab something to eat first.” declared Dean to the rest of the table, striding over to the kitchen. “I don’t know about you, but I want to be full because I have no clue when I eat next.”

 

“Dean, does this have to happen?” Joe wondered, pained at his friend’s predicament.

 

“Yeah. I have a choice. I can do nothing, and the world goes to hell. I figure out if Castiel is truly the angel they want…”

 

“This is killing you, Dean; can’t they understand that?” Charlie sniffed, touching her friend’s hand.

 

Dean whispered. “The thing is guys, I’m not entirely certain it’s just a test for Cas. I assume it’s a test for me, too.”

 

Mertha had made them burgers and fries, and they had pie and ice cream for afters. It made up for the pain in his head, and the poor conduct of his mate. Castiel always seemed to put his job before him. Dean did not understand if this was what the test was all about. Leaving all that you know and saving the one person you loved. Could Castiel do that? The angel had been alive for so long and only had Dean for seconds compared to that. Dean prayed and had ample measures of love for his angel.

 

They established the food fight, fries, burgers, jello, ice-cream, soda. Others followed, screaming, hiding behind overturned tables. Dean used his powers to catch his targets. It would catch Castiel’s attention. He should never use it in the walls of the agency. Dean slipped over, and he injured his arm. A bruise blossomed on it. He learned this was to determine if his mate would heal him. Adam smashed ice cream into Charlie’s hair, and she grabbed a can of cream from some place and squirted it on to his head. Gabriel materialised sprinkles on top of the cream, and Dean burst out laughing.

 

Gabriel grinned when the other angels raised their eyebrows at him. “What! Why do they get all the fun?” He sulked, winking at Dean.

 

“Shh,” Anna shouted. “I can feel Cassie coming.”

 

Castiel marched down the corridor, not knowing he could fly into the human side. He observed in horror at the food fight. Just then, Mertha came out of the kitchen close to tears.

 

“What have you done to my kitchen?” the angel exclaimed in dismay at the mess.

 

“Mertha, we’re sorry.” Dean rambled, trying to stand up, but slipped in ice-cream and landed on his bottom.

 

“Sorry! Sorry, will not cut it this time, Dean. How dare you start this? Yes, I know it was you. Right from the start, I noticed you were trouble. I will inform the commander about you.”

 

Dean could not hear what Castiel was shouting. Every word, barb and name slashed his skin, broke his bones, and tarnished his soul. The pain was worse than anything his dad at thrown at him. Dean had known his dad had hated him. It was far worse because he loved Castiel, so the words stung because the angel truly meant every word he was saying.

 

Dean turned around to walk away. He could not take any more pain just then.

 

“Walk away from me again, and I will tan your hide.” spat Castiel in full Alpha rage.

 

“You touch me again, angel, and I will blow you up.” Dean’s eyes flashed and he could feel them. Castiel took one step back, and Dean shook his head. Good, it scared them. No one would hurt him anymore.

 

Castiel went back to the nest, their nest. He cleaned it up, but it was too empty without his Dean. Why was Dean doing this to him? Showing him up like this, in front of his family. Though why did he have to hurt him with those words? Dean feared him; he had made his Dean scared, defensive. There was no other reason for his Omega to come out. He was a failure and again questioned why this fantastic, beautiful boy was his.

 

That night, Kate and Flynn and a few others brought bedding down to the common area. Mertha had hugged Dean and made sure they had all got snacks. Kevin had set up a television and as many DVDs as they wanted. Dean grew tired, but he had to play this out. When midnight struck, Dean brought the water and vodka out. Only he would be drinking. They played spin the bottle and have you ever. Dean winked at Katie, and as she got up, the others knew she was going to call her angel. 

 

Dean was drunk, falling over and slicing his skin on the same arm that had the bruise. Castiel had failed to heal him yet again. Dean giggled and knew when his angel had arrived; felt it in the air.

 

“Truth or dare Dean.” Flynn laughed, getting into the game.

 

“Dare.” giggled Dean.

 

“I dare you to kiss me.” Flynn winked back, knowing full well Castiel was in the room watching.

 

Dean giggled again, falling forward and planting a sloppy kiss on Flynn’s lips.

 

“What! Why would you do that?” Castiel stood there hurt, shocked, broken.

 

“Why not? You don’t want me.” Dean turned around to his angel, hated to see the pain he had put into those blue eyes, hated the lies.

 

“How could you fucking say that? I did everything for you.” Castiel pulled at his hair, not believing what he was seeing.

 

Everything suddenly became clear to Dean, and he knew what he had to say. No longer feeling drunk, but the path set in front of him.

 

Bracing himself, he stood tall. “You followed orders, angel. Your dad told you to mate me, so you did. You followed me when I ran, so your dad told you to do that. Then you followed orders again, not asking Michael to take me to the nest. I needed you, yet you left me alone.” Dean pulled his shirt back, and there were angry red lines. “See angel, you follow like a duckling. I need you, and you will never come. You rather work than be near me. I was in the fucking hospital, and you did not visit. At least I had a valid reason to leave. Why did you run? You don’t need me; you just liked the idea of me. Why you’re at it, I’ll have that ring back. Maybe I’ll find someone that gives a flying fuck about me.”

 

Dean could tell his words had hit their intended target. Castiel’s shoulders sagged like he had given up. “Fine, Dean, I can’t put up with your childish tantrums.”

 

“Then don’t mate a child. Don’t mate an abuse victim and then leave them. You never healed me, yet you could see I was in pain. You don’t give a shit if I live or die, do you?” Dean was there one minute and gone the next.

 

Anna, Mertha, and Gabriel ran toward Castiel. “No, we had no clue he had harmed himself. It should not have happened this way,” shouted Anna, who was sobbing into Gabriel’s shoulder.

 

“Cassie, what the hell did you do?” Gabriel had tears in his own eyes.

 

“You were all meddling in this?” Castiel turned around and shouted at his siblings. Pulling his ring off, throwing it on the floor. “I want nothing more to do with him or you.” The sound of wing beats was the only noise in the room.

 

Mertha went back towards the kitchen and frowned. The way it should be, but she hoped they would find their way back together. Praying to Chuck that he knew what he was doing.

Notes:

Don't shout at me... There is a reason for my madness. It's been implied it was on the way lol

I will hold your hand if you need it, talk to me, shout, fling pies all fine... xxx

Chapter 38: Let him fly.

Summary:

Castiel realises that he had this all wrong, this test was all about Dean all along. Is it too late to get his lover back? Dean flys away, but he finds his angel, and falls, will Castiel save him in time?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean sat staring out at the San Francisco Peaks. The day was pleasant, and he could see the Aspen groves. The swirls of colours greeted his eyes greedily. Orange, reds and yellows painted the distant vista. Dean walked along the lively thoroughfares; people were meeting families, busy working and meeting old friends. He wished he had that, someone that wanted him. Strolling past a baker’s, the smell of fresh bread and baked goods penetrated the air. The loud siren of a police car struck his senses. Dean flew again and settled at meteor crater.

 

XxXxXx

 

Castiel sat in the nest; he trotted up and down, clutching his fists tightly. Looking down at his finger where previously his precious ring sat. What was he doing giving up on Dean? His Omega had injured himself, and he never treated him. His arms were red raw, yet he did not trust him to come for help. But that was wrong as Dean sought his help. ‘I turned him aside because I had to work. I have angels second and third in command that could have taken over; it was not like we were at war. I had sorted the threat—no one could get near the tree of life.’

 

Castiel’s internal monologue went around in his head. Wondering what was important and what he needed to fix it. ‘Work is essential; Dean knows that. I placed him second every time. My mate should come first, yet I did not cherish him. I did what everybody did in his existence, discarded him. What’s important? Dean, myself, and our family. Then we can sort the world out. I love him so much; he gave everything up for me. That boy never actually had a choice. They flung him in at the deep end and never had free will. I can ask him to stay or ask him to leave.’

 

Castiel realised what he had to do and flew back to the common room. By now, the evening was coming. He saw Mertha, who ran over to him.

 

“You will need this Castiel.” The angel held out the ring in her palm.

 

“I have to locate him.” Castiel wiped at his eyes. “I need to give him a choice he never had.”

 

“Yes, brother, now go get him, and bring him back safe.”

 

Castiel nodded and flew, searching for his Dean. He loved him; he knew that with confidence, but sometimes you had to do the right thing. Love was not always enough.

 

The night was descending, and snow had fallen when Castiel found Dean. He sat beside him in the crater, the lights in the distance of Flagstaff. Castiel took his jumper off and placed it on Dean’s shoulders.

 

“I know, sorry won’t be enough for what I have said and done. I realised I placed all else on Earth and in Heaven before you. I had not realised the damage I had done until it was too late. You never speak up or complain, but the one time you needed me, I was not there. Dean, I get it now, all this, the tests. It was never about me — well, a little.”

 

Castiel glanced over at the Omega who was peering down into the hole which was five hundred and fifty feet deep. The snow was resting lightly on his thick eyelashes and settling on his hair. “I realise now that this is about you. Dean, they brought you into the agency, thrust on me, then ran from me twice, and that’s very telling. So, I’m giving you an out. Walk away, you will still have our support. Live with Sammy and Uncle Bobby. Go to school, chase your dreams. I know you can make it, since I have complete faith in your abilities.”

 

Dean turned his head towards Castiel; his chilly breath hung in the frigid air. “Is there another option?”

 

Castiel closed his eyes, swallowing hard. “I-I want you to come home, with me where you belong but, but that’s selfish of me.”

 

Castiel started crying, his shoulders shook. Knowing what he had lost and could never gain back. Dean could, however, feel the ache in his angel’s heart, feel the love radiating off him. Feel how scared and thoroughly shattered, he was at losing him. Dean saw Castiel was fiddling with the ring he had given him. Still feeling out of sorts, like his limbs did not belong to him, his temperature increasing, his clothes sticking to him. He coughed, trying to ease his tight chest. Castiel dropped the ring, it bounced off rocks and skidded into a crack, and they could pick up a tiny sound as it fell the distance halfway down the hole.

 

“What! No.” shouted Dean, spreading his wings and diving, but the snow was falling faster, and his body could not take the sudden downward motion. Dean was hovering over the crater one minute and dropping the next.

 

Castiel jumped up and saw it happen in slow motion. He called for his wings, and in a flash, he flew down, gaining speed — the rush of air whistling as he gained momentum. Finally, he caught Dean by the arm and grabbed him.

 

“Put your wings away now,” he shouted in full command mode.

 

“I-I don’t know… Cas.” Dean gasped for breath.

 

“Wings away, love, please.” Begged the angel, scared now. Never in his entire life had he ever been this scared.

 

Dean responded, and his small wings vanished. Castiel gathered his Omega in his arms and flew back to the top. A man was waiting for them. He was around five feet six inches with curly brown hair and a beard. He wore a white dress shirt and a navy-blue jacket with brown leather elbow patches. He had on blue jeans and brown loafers.

 

“Dad.” gasped Castiel, not sure what to say in this situation.

 

Chuck moved towards Dean. “Well, that’s unexpected. He’s in heat.”

 

“What! He can’t be. It’s extremely early.” stammered Castiel, who turned looking at his mate.

 

“I would say he has about an hour until he needs help. So, you either get his permission to bond or take him to Anna’s and Charlies. They will tend to him. Then I will be back; we need to talk Castiel.” The God vanished, and it was dark once more. Castiel had not noticed how light it had become with his dad nearby.

 

“Dean, are you with me, sweetheart?” Castiel asked, clutching the Omega in his arms.

 

“Cas the ring. I can’t find it.” Tears fell from jade green eyes and Castiel’s heart sank.

 

“I will find it, I promise. I need to take you to Anna and Charlie’s.”

 

“You don’t want me?” Deans lipped trembled.

 

“I want you, but you can’t consent in this state. You must feel terrible. I wish I could take your pain away.”

 

“Why don’t you love me, Cas? Why does everybody hate me?”

 

Dean sobbed. He had never felt so sick in his life, unsure of where his angel was taking him.

 

Castiel clutched his Omega tighter and buried his head into Dean's shoulder. “I love you; I will never stop. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. It will pain me to let you leave, love. If it’s what you need, then I will grant your wish,”

 

Castiel could barely see his eyes, raining with tears, holding Dean firmly in his arms.

 

“Castiel, what’s wrong? Why are you here?” Anna asked in a panic.

 

“Take Dean; he’s in heat. I need you to care for him. Please, Anna.”

 

“Of course, I will Castiel. Don’t be a stranger, brother.”

 

“I have to, leave Anna.” It devastated Castiel at abandoning Dean. His body wanted the young Omega, but he needed to leave. Breathing through his nose, he hissed out. “I can’t stay. Tell him I will be back, that I love him.” With that, he flew away. All they could see were claw marks on the door.

Notes:

Thank you to my friends who helped me with the area information on Arizona.

Always have faith that I will bring our boys back together. These two will just get stronger, but I think Cas will be peed off with his dad.

Chapter 39: Now I’m free.

Summary:

Castiel is angry at what God did to him and Dean. Dean gets through his heat with the help of Anna and Charlie. Castiel and Dean have a heart to heart. Dean asks Castiel to bond with him.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Castiel was not happy. Well, now, that was an outright lie: he was seething. His dad, the almighty knew about this. Chuck had put himself and his mate through this obstacle course of emotions. To find out if he was some saviour of the human and angelic race. Now, for some forsaken reason, poor Dean had gone into heat early. Was this another test? Did they expect he would hurt him? His father did not appreciate what kind of angel he was.

 

Castiel stood on Everest, the world below lay at his feet. The wind and snow whirling around him, his arms were outstretched, his eyes ablaze with azure grace. ‘You won’t take him away again, Father. I won’t allow it.’ boomed his voice. The roof of the world shuddered with fear.

 

Castiel calmed down and flew to his nest. It needed cleaning. He could achieve it with his grace, but he brought human cleaning supplies. Starting from the top, he washed, shined, polished every inch of the cabin. This home must be ready for his Dean, his mate, when he returned.

 

XxXxXxX

 

Charlie and Anna attended to Dean. He was in pain; they supported him through the heat as best as they could. Calling out for his angel fell on deaf ears, crying and clawing at the sheets. Needed the one being that could help him, but left empty-handed.

 

“Why Anna? Why did he leave me again?” Sobbed Dean.

 

“You will see, sweet Omega, that it was for the best. That my brother truly loves you.”

 

“I need Cas. Please get Cas,” Dean called out again.

 

Charlie wiped his sweaty brow and held her friend’s hand. “This will be over soon, Dean. Hang on a little longer.”

 

It took three days and nights for Dean to appear better. He woke up feeling back to his usual self. One of the girls had opened a window, and the soft breeze felt cool on his flushed face. He could detect the sea air and hear the soothing waves on the seashore.

 

Dean sat up, feeling dirty, needing a shower. If that was a heat, he never wanted to have another one. Upon hearing the girls elsewhere in the house talking, he got up. Feeling slightly woozy, holding on to the furniture to gather his baring’s.

 

Dean shuffled into the sunny kitchen. It was white and light blue with driftwood, cabinets and counters. Anna and Charlie were at a table that sat on a flagstone floor.

 

“Dean, you’re up. How do you feel?” Charlie wondered, watching the Omega with apprehension on her face.

 

“Like a truck just hit me.” groaned Dean. “Anna, can you call Cas? He won’t show if I call him.”

 

“Dean, you need food, a shower and a change of clothes.”

 

“I don’t have any clothes; I just need Cas,” he whined, clutching the edge of the table, feeling dizzy again.

 

Anna guided him down into a white wooden chair. “Eat, then shower. Gabriel brought you some clothes. We’re all concerned about you, Dean.”

 

Dean realised he would receive no cooperation, so he went with the instructions. “I fell in a hole and Cas saved me. I-I lost the ring.”

 

“Castiel’s got the entire garrison searching in the crater.” giggled Anna. “they have not stopped, once. They will find it, Dean.”

 

“He promised me.” Dean smiled shyly.

 

“Eat up. I made an omelette with mushrooms,” Charlie told him. “There is toast and hot chocolate?”

 

“Thanks, girls, for tending to me,”

 

“Your family Dean, we love you.” Anna kissed the top of his head.

 

Dean frowned, playing with his eggs. “What if Cas doesn’t want me?”

 

Anna snorted. “Cassie is not pleased, that dad put you both through these tests. We could hear him wailing on angel radio, my quiet, mild-mannered brother.” She chuckled and shook her head. “Then he rushed home and would not come out of your nest. Growled out the command for his garrison to find the ring. Asked Gabriel to bring your clothes and we’ve had radio silence ever since.”

 

“Daft angel. We have to chat about everything that’s happened. Why did I go into heat Anna? I have never heard that happening before?”

 

“Nor I, honey. Charlie researched and there has never been a known case.”

 

“Thanks for breakfast, guys. Will it be okay if I shower now? I smell awful.” Dean sniffed at himself and pulled a face.

 

Anna nodded and gave him the clothes that Gabriel had brought. “I will call Cassie when you come down.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

The sun-drenched bathroom held a shower, lavatory, and a sink. It was white, with sea-green tiles. Simple but effective. Taking his sweaty clothes off, Dean stepped into the shower, the warm water soothing his sore muscles. Not taking long drying himself, then getting dressed. Wanting to get in contact with his angel.

 

Dean rushed back downstairs. Anna was the only one left in the kitchen. 

 

“Dean, before I call Cassie, I want you to know.” lifting Dean’s arm, she rubbed at his wrists gently. “That you can come to any of us. Something is coming. I feel the dark shadows of hell’s fingers tugging at me. You must know the truth because they will bend your mind, use your pain, twist it, and spew you out. We, love you Dean, would die for you, recognise this as the absolute truth.”

 

Dean nodded, fighting back the tears. “Thank you, sister, but can you please call Castiel? I desire him like the air that I breathe.”

 

Anna nodded and called for Castiel on angel radio. It took seconds. There was a brisk fire of knocking, and Charlie went to open the door. Castiel stood there, his black hair wild. He wore a Batman tee-shirt and baggy blue jeans. Dean saw him, and his breath hitched. He flung himself forward and landed in the arms of his angel.

 

Castiel and Dean sat on opposite ends of the brown couch in Anna and Charlie’s living room. The cuckoo clock ticked impatiently, expecting to chime in celebration of these two lovers. Castiel cleared his throat and studied Dean, who was nervously playing with an Ironman plush.

 

“I sent my garrison to search for my… the ring.”

 

“Yeah, Anna informed me. Can I ask you something, Cas?” Dean asked in a cautious tone.

 

Castiel nodded his head. “Yes, Dean, anything.”

 

Blue eyes, like laser beams, penetrated his soul. They made him shake, wanting to reach out and touch this perfect creature. “I-Cas, please hold me.” Dean’s voice shakes, needing warmth and comfort.

 

“Oh, sweet boy.” Castiel moved closer, surrounding Dean with his wings, his arms, and his very essence.

 

“Cas, I love you, no matter what they put us through. I won’t stop, never stopped. My soul cries for you; I hate being apart. I need you more than ever. Tell me, you still want me? After all, that’s happened,”

 

Castiel combed his fingers through Dean’s hair. Dean purred at the familiar, comforting touch. “I love your eyes; they’re so intensely green. The colour, they change with your moods. Your freckles are like the constellations in the night sky; angels watch over you. I love that your kind, even towards those that have pained you. I love your serious side and your fun-loving side. I love you set a tea bag in my cup before you go to bed, so it’s ready for me in the morning. I love you put fresh flowers in our nest. I love it when you place your arms around me because I feel whole. Before I met you, I felt like the other half of me was missing. I want you, all of you, for now, until the world no longer turns. I will worship the very ground you walk on.”

 

“Oh, angel, I love you too, so very much. I know I’m young, but you complete me. I’m not scared when you’re near. I feel a thousand feet tall, like I can fight for my dreams.”

 

Castiel grasped Dean’s chin and faced him. The only light was from the blue glow of his grace; his black feathers were blocking out any light from the room.

 

“If you ever feel down again, that you choose to hurt yourself. Tell me; I will be there for you. Dean never hurt yourself, not over me, and absolutely not over John. You're one of the bravest people I know. You have been through enough. Talk to me. Let me heal you.”

 

Dean smiled. It was blinding, lighting up his youthful face. Castiel gripped his arm, and the warm tingle of grace flowed between them. Healing all of Dean’s ailments, all his pain, his scars.

 

“I have never cried as much since I joined the agency.” Dean laughed, feeling slightly unbalanced about his show of emotion.

 

“Even the strongest of us require someone to lean on Dean.”

 

“Can we fly back to the nest?” questioned Dean, still holding tight to his angel’s hand.

 

“Let’s say goodbye and thank you to Anna and Charlie. Then I will take us back home.”

 

Dean beamed at the angel. “Home; I love the sound of that.”

 

Castiel put his wings behind his back. Daylight flooded fast into Dean’s vision and he had to blink a few times. The angel pulled his mate up off the couch when the clock struck one — the merry little chimes peeling out.

 

“Anna, Charlie, we’re going back home,” called Castiel, standing at the living room door.

 

Anna held Charlie’s hand, and they both looked happy. “I’m overjoyed you have sorted everything out.”

 

“Mostly, but we have time to talk, and be around each other,” Castiel told them.

 

“Positive thinking, brother.”

 

“Thank you both for what you have done for us, and we will not forget it.”

 

Dean moved to hug Anna and Charlie, and he held on tight to the angel.

 

Dean glanced around; the nest, it was sparkling clean. His angel had done an outstanding job of cleaning the place.

 

“Cas, were you cleaning the nest the entire time? Anna said you had gone into hiding, would speak to no one.”

 

“Do you not like it? I can redo it again if you wish?” Panicked blue eyes blinked at him.

 

“Cas it’s perfect, just like you.”

 

“I’m far from perfect, my Omega. I wanted it nice, in case you came back.”

 

“Cas, will you bond with me?”

 

“What! You still want me like that?” Castiel probed incredulously.

 

Dean chuckled. “Angel, when will you get I love you?” Dean ran away from his Alpha. “Catch me if you can.” The Omega sang with pure joy and teasing in his approach.

 

Castiel’s eyes flicked red, and he let out a deep growl. ‘Oh, I know you love me, my Omega and don’t worry, I will catch you.’ And Castiel gave chase.

Notes:

Thank you for your help and support and love.

I won't be about for a couple of days due to my operation tomorrow. I hope you have enough updates to last until then.

Remember when life gives you lemons make a pie. Always keep fighting x

Chapter 40: Where grace and soul meet.

Summary:

Castiel and Dean cement their bond. Two becomes one, in love and trust.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean hid in the walk-in closet in the master bedroom. Hidden among the plentiful, multi-coloured dress shirts, covering his quivering hand over his lopsided, toothy grin. Not wanting to give his confined sanctuary up just yet.

 

Castiel knew where Dean was. Could find him hidden among the twinkling stars themselves. No, Castiel had committed his smell, unique only to Dean. The angel sniffed and followed his nose: figs from the garden of Eden, and the powerful aroma of earl grey. There was something gentler in his mate’s depths, violets and jasmine, cinnamon and vanilla. It reminded him of summers learning to fly in the meadows on the Earth.

 

Castiel smirked, going into stealth mode. He was a warrior and his Alpha relished this chase. Days ago, he thought he had lost his home for good. Dean was his everything. If the world ended tomorrow, he would continue to Heaven as a happy angel, if he could share Dean’s Heaven even better. Dean was half-human after all and would require one.

 

Castiel reached out his hand and pulled Dean’s arm. The young Omega yelped in shock and giggled with glee when Castiel pulled him towards his muscular body. Dean’s breathing was coming in rapid pants. Smirking at his angel as he ran his fingers down malleable muscles. Castiel growled softly. It echoed like distant thunder, deadly, but full of power.

 

“Sweet boy, follow me.” Castiel winked lasciviously, grabbing hold of his boy’s hand.

 

They both stood at the foot of the bed. Castiel sunk further into moody green eyes. Castiel reverently traced Dean’s jawline with the pads of his fingers, visibly making Dean shiver.

 

“You’re so beautiful.” The angel whispered the prayer into peppered brown blemishes on his mate’s skin. His black wings shook out of their dimensional bond. They arched high over the Omega; feathers puffed out in a dominant display.

 

Dean audibly gasped, wings answering his mate’s call. He was feeling different. The Omega turned and heard Castiel cry out in astonishment.

 

“Cas, that can’t be.”

 

“It’s a blessing, love. There truly magnificent, just like you.” Castiel ran his nimble fingers through his mate’s feathers.

 

Dean pulled away, walking towards a freestanding mirror. His wings sat in a submissive pose. The feathers stood out in a shower of light, silver, pinks, and purples. The column started splaying out from the tiny feathers at the base of Dean’s wings to the massive plumage. The backdrop of the feathers behind the stars was a light Caribbean blue and moving up the spectrum to a deep dark navy, it was almost black. Dean had the solar system on his wings.

 

“Dean. My star, my guiding light, will you bond with me? The other half of my grace, the very reason for my existence.” Blue sought green in integrity, reverence and truth.

 

“Yes, Cas, I want all of you. I’ve never done this before.” Dean said shyly and apprehensively.

 

Castiel kissed the back of his neck, caressing the skin there. “I have been a warrior, fought wars, seeking the truth. I had no time to locate a mate. I was not interested in what humans called dating. Sweetheart, this is new to me. Let’s work on this together, whatever seems natural.”

 

Dean nodded, swallowing loudly. “Yeah, together.”

 

Castiel twisted Dean around to face him. The angel brought his hand up and held Dean’s head gently, tipping his head to the side, caressing those tempting lips, sweet to the taste. Castiel moaned and pushed harder. Dean’s hands were on the angel’s firm behind. Castiel’s hand-carried on down to Dean’s chest, and he sought his neck, nibbling and sucking delicious little marks.

 

Castiel’s wings snapped back at the delectable little sounds that his boy was making; it spurred him on. The smacking of lips penetrated the tranquillity of the nest. Dean moved his hands to the top of his angel’s chest. Castiel’s hands sought the Omega’s face, rubbing his thumbs across his jaw in a soothing motion. Castiel kissed, taking the lead; Dean pushed closer, wanting to be one with his angel.

 

Castiel growled, tugging gently on Dean’s hair again, getting better access to those divine lips. “Are you okay, sweet boy?” The angel murmured — eyes like sharp razors searching for issues.

 

“Uh-huh.” Dean could not form a coherent word.

 

Castiel chuckled, liking how he affected his boy. Holding on to Dean a little tighter, his fingers pressed into his lover’s biceps.

 

Knowing there will be marks on his boy’s skin sent a possessive growl rolling through the Alpha’s chest like a discharged cannon. Kissing harder, moaning into those plush pink lips, bruised and wet, and solely for him. Much like the forbidden fruit on the tree of life. Castiel probed the seams of his boy’s lips, begging for silent permission to breach the barricade.

 

“Cas,” moaned Dean, his panting loud.

 

Castiel grasped Dean’s neck and pulled his lip between his teeth. A spark ignited when their tongues meet for the first time, caressing, exploring both their tongues dance together to an unheard melody. Heat flows through both angels, their hands finding each other becoming entwined.

 

“Casss.” whines the Omega, his legs like jelly.

 

“I have you, sweet boy. I will take care of you.” Castiel stops and kisses Dean’s nose, his eyes going crossed.

 

“Arms up, baby.” Castiel benevolently instructs his lover.

 

Dean puts his arms up, and Castiel takes the tee-shirt off and throws it to the floor. His wings bend somewhat, to skim his lover’s skin — miles of tan, blemishes, and muscles that are turning hard. His boy will grow further in the years to come, and he can’t wait.

 

“Cas, stop thinking of me growing up.” Huffs Dean, his skin growing chilly in the room and the angel flicks his fingers, and the temperature immediately rises. Castiel tugs at Dean’s grey sweats. They slip down off narrow hips, not filled out yet. Dean steps away, and he takes off his socks but leaves on his boxer briefs.

 

Dean crossed his arms, instantly feeling shy and suddenly bothered by his nudity.

 

“We can stop, darling boy, say the word. But never hide from me.”

 

“Slightly nervous. What if I move wrong?” Dean worries his lip between his teeth, but Castiel stops him.

 

“No, don’t you will hurt yourself?” Castiel tuts, reaching out and tenderly rubbing Dean’s jaw.

 

The Alpha angel takes his tee-shirt, jeans and socks off. Leaving his boxers on, leaving little to the imagination. Dean’s eyes become large when he discovers the outline of the angel’s thick cock nestled in the thin material. Castiel pulls Dean towards him and strokes his hands up and down the other’s side.

 

“Bed now, baby boy.” the angel growls, his eyes glowing red.

 

Dean swallows and nods, his Omega shouting from the rooftops, and his eyes flash golden yellow with flecks of emerald green. Dean pulls himself to the middle of the bed and settles his back against the pillows. Castiel rakes his eyes up and down the boy’s body, hungrily licking his bruised lips.

 

Pulling off Dean’s boxers, he hisses when his cock jumps, grazing his stomach. Castiel shimmies out of the confines of his shorts.

 

“Shit Cas you’re massive.” Dean gasped in shock and pleasant surprise.

 

Castiel hums and dips down and kisses behind Dean’s ear, melting him into the bed, giving over his body to the angel above. Castiel continues the hot, wet kisses down to his boy’s jaw, around his collarbone, down towards his nipples. Pinching the pink buds between his fingers until there hard, he teases them between his teeth.

 

Dean arches his back and groans with relish as pleasure zips through his tense body. Castiel moves his hands to Dean’s feathers, hoping to find the oil gland, usually developed by the time the Omegas reached heat. The angel was not disappointed though, the thick clear liquid that smells just like his boy was leaking copious amounts down Dean’s thick feathers. Lapping it up like a rare treat, he purrs around the tiny nubs.

 

“Cas, please I-I need you,” begs Dean, clutching on to the angel’s back, leaving fingernail marks like railway tracks in his wake.

 

“You taste divine, baby, so sweet.” Castiel pulls back and milks his glands and feeds the oils to his mate. Dean suckles off his fingers greedily, slurping, sucking at them like he can’t get enough. The angel then spreads the oils between their body’s coating them in each other’s scents.

 

To Dean, Castiel smells like dark chocolate, smoked black coffee, and cloves. There is invariably a sense of danger with his angel, but an edge of sweetness that alone he understands. It’s a taste he knows he could not survive without. Dean holds on for dear life, grasping on to the thick black silky hair of his angel while long nimble fingers trace his thigh and get deliciously near their intended target.

 

“Angel, please, I need you,” Dean begs again, needing his mate, requiring this bond to click into place.

 

“I have you, my sweetheart.” Castiel moves down, there body’s slick with the oils of their wings. Castiel’s onyx wings move steadily in a dominant display. The angel moves Dean’s legs apart and traces his fingers to the boy’s fluttering wet hole.

 

“Baby legs up,” Castiel growls, his eyes glowing brighter.

 

Dean hooks his legs over Castiel’s shoulder, and the angel holds him up. Licking the slick that’s leaking out, to discover if it tastes different to his boy’s oil, he probes with his fingers and tongue.

 

“Oh, fuck,” Dean screams, grasping on to the bedsheets, feeling nothing like this in his life before. It’s like all his nerve endings are on fire, electric zips through his body, his cock is dripping pre-cum. Dean continues to stroke his engorged member, merely to have his hand knocked off. He whines, but it earns him a growl.

 

“Mine.”

 

“Cas.”

 

“Don’t touch or I will flip you over and spank you.”

 

“Yes, Alpha.” sobs Dean, his body shaking with pleasure.

 

Castiel’s tongue now fucking his hole, the angel lapping it up like it’s the best buffet he’s ever tasted. Castiel drops Dean’s legs and rubs a finger in the wet heat of his pulsing hole. Then a second, making sure he’s stretched.

 

“Cas, please come on, fuck me Alpha.” Dean pants needing his hole filled.

 

“I won’t hurt you, baby, have patience,” grunts Castiel.

 

Castiel adds a third finger, and Dean tries to push back on to it hard. Castiel slaps the fleshy part of his boy’s thigh.

 

“What did I just say, Dean?” the Alpha growled.

 

“Please Alpha, I need you.” Dean cry’s out like he’s in pain.

 

Castiel rests his forehead against Deans. “Hush sweetheart, I have you. I will take care of you. You're mine—all mine.”

 

Castiel entwines their hands together, simultaneously share the same breath. Steadily, he breaches Dean’s virgin hole, his cock so hard he feels like he’s going to burst. Slowly, he pushes in, to the wet sultry heat, of his lover. They made Dean’s body for him, the soft velvet walls caressing his cock,”

 

“Move Cas, please.” Dean gasps at the gentle intrusion.

 

Castiel kisses Dean, rocking slowly, trying to find their own rhythm. Castiel’s black onyx wings blanket Dean’s smaller ones. Dean breaks his hand away and buries his hand in the thick black feathers, enticing a guttural moan out of the angel.

 

Castiel moves to a kneeling position and places Dean’s legs on either side of him. With capable arms, he moves Dean up and down off his engorged cock. The slapping of the flesh is indecent, and the smell of sweat and oil heightens the pleasure in the room. Dean arches his back, and Castiel moves his hands up and down, touching every inch of skin he can find. He nips and bites it, leaving his mark, growling possessively into the untouched skin.

 

“Cas, I-not long now angel” Dean pants out, oil and sweat dripping off him. Making his skin shine. His veins are on fire. From the inside out, he’s going to burn up.

 

“You don’t get to cum, not until I say so.” Castiel orders and nips the Omegas earlobe, sending shivers down Dean’s spine.

 

“Cas, I can’t.” shouts out Dean, sobbing.

 

“You can; you’re my good boy, so good for me Dean.” Castiel drives into Dean’s hot tight hole, pounds, hard and fast, long and slow, his cock catching on his walls, dragging out the pleasure, catching the little bundle of nerves inside his boy.

 

“When my knot catches; you can cum, baby.” Castiel kisses Dean hot and long, his tongue delving into warm depths, taking his boy’s breath away.

 

Pulling Dean back again, driving into him, he can feel his knot catch on Dean’s walls, feel them squeeze him. Dean puts his hand on Castiel’s chest, near his heart.

 

“I’m burning up, on fire Cas please,” Dean screams.

 

Two more pumps and Castiel’s knot locks inside Dean, and he cums, shuddering from the shock, his orgasm taking over him. His grace exploding through every neuron, his eyes glow, and he can hear a rumble in the distance. Shouting out Dean’s name like bliss on his fiery tongue.

 

“Cum for me, Dean now.” Castiel orders.

 

Dean opens his mouth in a silent scream, his body going rigid. His hand glued to Castiel’s chest. Castiel shouts out in pain and both blackout.

 

“Cas, Cas are you okay? Did I break you, angel?” Dean asks in a whisper.

 

Groaning, Castiel gets up and looks down at his chest where a hand mark is visible. Much like the one he put on Dean.

 

“Is it going to be that intense every time?” Dean inquires, out of breath.

 

“I do not know, sweetheart, but that was out of this world. Castiel gently kisses his mate sweetly. Tracing his fingers down his sweat-soaked body. “Let’s get a shower.”

 

They have a shower and gently wash each other. It’s unhurried and sensual, just the two of them in a love-struck bubble.

 

Castiel hates to have Dean out of his sight. The Omega does not mind. Laying his head on Castiel’s lap, while he reads a book, the Alpha’s hand stroking his hair. It’s soothing and grounding. Castiel makes lunch while Dean nips back upstairs to change the sheets and lets some fresh air in. He’s gone longer than the angel would like, and Castiel finds Dean on the veranda.

 

“Are you okay, darling?” Castiel asks, putting his arms around the teen.

 

“I love you Cas so much.”

 

Castiel turns Dean around and kisses Dean tenderly on the lips. “I love you to my darling boy.”

 

Dean runs his fingers over his handprint on his angel’s chest. In the centre, there are wings and a sword.

 

Castiel reaches and kisses Dean’s hand, pulling him in for an embrace. “We will have time to get back to the real world. For now, I just want it to be us.”

 

“I would like that angel,” Dean smiles.

 

Castiel takes him by the hand and leads him back downstairs.

Notes:

I hope its okay, just high on pain meds. Sleepy, but I wanted to pop this out. Thank you for all the support you guys have given me. Its given me the strength to get through this.

Much love x

Chapter 41: What Gods lips may tell.

Summary:

Dean and Castiel find out what their mating caused to the outside world. Chuck pays them a visit, but Castiel is not happy with the almighty.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean felt a little strange, like his skin was too tight for his body. He wiggled out of bed and hopped into the shower, hoping to mollify the increasing anxiety that hummed through his skin.

 

“Dean! Love, are you well?”

 

Dean shook his head and turned the shower off. He grabbed the soft blue towel Castiel offered him. “No, I can’t explain to you how I feel. Something is about to happen, Cas, and I don’t know what.”

 

Castiel looked strangely at his mate and went stiff. “Gabriel said to turn on the television.”

 

‘Angel radio.’ mumbled Dean, wishing he could have listened to it. Mind you, I have Cas, so he should not protest.

 

They rushed into their bedroom with haste. Dean getting dressed in jeans and a white T-shirt with a green button-down. He slipped on thick socks so his feet would remain warm. Castiel had vanished by the time he came out, so he sauntered downstairs. He hoped his mate had started breakfast.

 

Castiel was watching the news and seem like he was in some trance. His face flushed, his fists clenching his pyjama bottoms.

 

“Cas, what’s going on?” Dean muttered, trying to figure out what the news anchor was reporting. And the flash of pictures that proceeded with it.

 

A groan passed the lips of his lover. Dean squinted harder, grasping the remote so he could turn it up.

 

….. The appearance of a considerable crater half a mile wide has local authorities puzzled — landing in Astin Creek, near Haver Pine Ridge. Astrologists are putting it down to a freak meteor strike…

 

“Cas that’s close to here.” gasped Dean in shock, speculating about what was going on.

 

“Gabriel called. He said next time we intend to mate, maybe we should keep it down a little.”

 

“What! We did this?” Dean giggled, even in the matter’s enormity.

 

“Most likely it was pent-up energy. I will never live this down, Dean.” Moaned Castiel again, his cheeks growing redder, long fingers covering his face.

 

Dean chuckled and kissed his mate’s burning cheeks. “Hey, babe, don’t sweat it. I guess the lakes got bigger now, which is excellent. They wanted to create that, but worried about the beauty of the area. You carried out a remarkable job. I mean, you even increased the trees.”

 

“I-I did?” Castiel peeked out from under his fingers.

 

“Great mating present. The fun we can have in the lake now. Anyway, I require food.”

 

Castiel did sound pleased that he had made his mate happy. The area looked much better, even if he said so himself.

 

“I have bequeathed that message to Gabriel.” The angel grinned smugly and went about making waffles.

 

Dean giggled, loving that he had made his mate feel better. He hoped his friends and family would not tease Castiel too much.

 

Dean washed, dried, and put the few dishes away. The strange feeling persisted in the background. Castiel walked in with a book from the library to show his mate when the surrounding air suddenly felt pressurised. The angel pushed him back and push him behind him. In the next second, Castiel had thrown a man against the rear wall, leaving a man-size shape and cracked plaster.

 

The man tutted, patting the dust off his clothes and cracked his neck. “Castiel, you get one free pass in a lifetime. That’s yours. Now we need to talk.”

 

Castiel stood and growled, his teeth bared and his eyes flashed crimson.

 

Chuck rolled his eyes. “Dean, tell your Alpha to stand down, and I promise I will tell you everything.”

 

Dean was bruised from the force of the push, but he stood and touched Castiel’s arm. “Baby, we need to know. I demand to know. Please stand down. He won’t hurt me. I have you to protect me, right?”

 

Castiel narrowed his eyes and huffed, but stood down. “Chuck, you dare come into my nest after we’ve just mated? Do you have a death wish?”

 

“I had not realised.” Chuck dropped his head in shame.

 

“It’s a good job; I got to you before Dean.” Castiel’s growl rumbled like thunder. His arms crossed over his chest, watching his dad’s every move.

 

“B-but you’re like God, dude. Don’t you know everything?” Dean spluttered in shock.

 

“Oh, Dean, if only life was that simple. Now, sit down. Castiel, please stop growling. I won’t go near your mate.”

 

Dean made certain he sat the furthest away from Chuck. Castiel sat next to him on the couch. Pressed so tightly, Dean felt slightly smothered.

 

“Please accept my humble apologies at my intrusion and congratulations on your mating.” Chuck clapped in joy at the pair’s news.

 

“Thanks, Chuck.” suddenly Dean gasped, astonished. “Holy fuck, Gods, my father-in-law.”

 

Castiel turned to him with a glance of amusement in his sky-blue eyes. Chuck just laughed and nodded.

 

“Yes, that’s the truth, son. Castiel, would you like to start?”

 

Castiel nodded and cleared his throat. Dean took his hand and lent his Alpha the strength he sought at that present moment. Castiel may command Heaven’s armies, but even the powerful needed someone to lean on.

 

“I-I had been protected all my life. Told extraordinary tales about the stars, that I was special. Gabriel took care of me. They brought me up with love and a sense of family belonging. Mertha told me recently that other angels learnt from me. That they saw how I loved, how I conducted myself.”

 

Castiel paused and studied Dean with soft eyes and brushed a hand through his hair. “The moment I sensed Dean, I recognised he was special, he was mine, and that I had to protect him. You kept me away from my mate, father. You allowed Dean to think I did not want him, did not love him. I’m not confident I can forgive you for this.” Castiel bowed his head in contrition.

 

Chuck shifted in his chair, clasping his hands together like in prayer. The God sighed and spoke in a whisper. “Fate’s manipulative string was how it unravelled. I would never harm you deliberately. If I held your hand, pushed you into a path you did not want, or a path that seemed easier, this would all have been for nothing.”

 

Castiel glanced up at his father. Holding tight to Dean’s hand, knowing this one question plagued his young mate. “If you knew what was happening to Dean; why did you not stop it?”

 

“I’m’ an all-knowing being Castiel, but there are many people on this planet to watch over. Dean was not the only human that was fated to be a match. I watched every child. I had no clue how bad things had got with John. The fact I had to call on a demon to get Dean out. I was beside myself with worry that I had failed the boy. Alastair was a lower level demon working for Lucifer. I knew I needed to get Dean out of the house. John was greedy, so the suggestion of accepting money worked. He knew his wife was an angel, but did not know of them. This luck was on our side. If he had known, I fear he would never have gone with the plan to get Dean into the agency. I had no clue that my children would play a big part in hurting you and Dean.” Chuck’s face had gone stormy at the mention of his children’s betrayal.

 

“We were told Rook broke John out of prison.” Dean piped up; confusion laced his tone.

 

 “Alastair went rogue as you fully appreciate; when you encountered him. He wanted to be the next King of Hell. But you dealt with him. Lucifer was not best pleased that he had turned on him this way.”

 

“Did you not know of Mary and the Campbell line?” Castiel queried, puzzled by his dad’s lack of knowledge.

 

“I am God almighty, son, but there are rules. Dean was human and just presented Omega. In his world, no one’s allowed to perform blood tests on an underage child unless like the agency for medical reasons. Until Pam took the blood analyses, I had no idea he was Nephilim. I had a feeling the fates knew and hid it from me. At every turn, they seem to outwit me. Dean still had to pass the tests we had laid out, but I knew he was the one.”

 

“Why put us both through that? My Dean through that?” Castiel shouts, his temper rising again. The sheer speculation of what they had both gone through, but especially his mate.

 

“Because now I know no matter what the fates throw at you; and my child they will. You won’t break, you won’t shake in fear, and they won’t take you apart. You’re both stronger together. Your love is so bright it will guide you through the deepest pits of Hell.”

 

“At least my brother’s safe, Deanna, as well. I hope to get back in contact with her. Uncle Bobby will watch Sam. I hope they don’t feel all three are some bargaining chip.”

 

“Your uncle has knowledge and a safe room that no evil can penetrate. Two angels now guard Sam. I will send support to your grandmother. Don’t worry, Dean, they will be safe. That’s my promise to you.” Chuck tried to reassure the boy.

 

“My uncle taught me the language of the angels. I constantly thought that was strange. He said he had the feeling I would need it.” Dean mused out loud.

 

Chuck grinned and nodded his head. “Your uncle always had a great perception of our kind and how our universe works. He knows you’re special, but not sure in what way. Bobby made sure you could exorcise a demon, fight and speak Enochian. All tools will be a great asset to you in the last days of your journey.”

 

Dean stared at the God. There it was, talking in riddles. His skin still felt tight. Something was coming, and he felt sure it would not be flowers and rainbows.

 

“Dean, tell Castiel about your dreams. He would appreciate how you possess the knowledge of the handprint.” the God coaxed softly.

 

Castiel squeezed Dean’s hand in reassurance. “Dean, it’s fine if you don’t want to tell me.” he craved to learn but did not want to pressure his young mate.

 

“Cas it’s fine, I want to tell you. I had dreams, remember?”

 

Castiel remembered the day Dean had told him about the nightmares. How lost he had felt that Dean had not trusted him to help.

 

“At first I assumed nothing of them. Most of my life, I have experienced visions in shadows like old black and white movies. Then over and over I saw stars, not unlike the night sky but with five points like a splayed hand. All I could see were wings and a sword. I puzzled over this, but could never understand what I was seeing. Until Cas left a mark on my skin.”

 

“Thank you for informing me, love.” Castiel picked up Dean’s hand and kissed it.

 

Dean glanced over at the God, searching out a question he desired to ask. Still crippled with low self-esteem and self-doubt.

 

“Castiel’s my wings, and I’m his protector? I can’t understand why. How can I protect a warrior angel? I can’t do anything for him.” Dean shrugs and hides his face in shame.

 

Castiel sighs and wishes he could support his mate. One day will come that his Dean will know his truth of his worth in the world. And he Castiel will be there to witness it, in its magnificent glory.

 

Chuck smiles tenderly at the young Nephilim. “Not everything about protection is about weapons. The sword could be symbolic, Dean. Castiel can’t give you his wings, now can he?” Chuck raised an eyebrow, and it struck Dean with deep thoughts that hurt his head.

 

Chuck stood and paced the room and faced the two lovers on the couch. “I realised my creations; humans were going to be trouble. I had given them free will. I did not want to have to educate them, to make them do anything against their will. They should choose their paths in life for good or bad. For Crowley and the crossroad demons, they had new subjects. Lucifer helped in Hell, and we realised there were good and evil in the demonic world.”

 

“There were other Gods and Goddess in the world, and we all got on not bothered by the other. I had created the world, and they saw me as the Supreme Being. That’s why you find in so many cultures, all over the world, the same ethos, love, family, life. Many humans twisted this, to instigate wars, in the name of religion, killed in the title, sprouted hatred in the name. Love in the purest form, no matter what your sexual orientation. We gave our blessing to all our children. Then people became angry, greedy, and hateful. So, I established a reset button in every generation, one angel, one human. Look out your window, and you will notice now. Famine, petulance, war, and greed wreck and ravage the world. But love is still battling to raise its weary head. Though this time the Fates won’t let me have the restart I want.”

 

“I have foretold the apocalypse of every culture on this planet since the world began. The book of revelations is one book of the bible that has it correct. Well, part right, it speaks of stars and angels. This is the two of you. You’re in this plan so you can stop the fates. There is no battle of an evil creature; it’s the humans that are doing this to the planet I created. They have pillaged and killed themselves and animals. The seas are rising, and the air is polluted. The fates want the humans gone, eradicated. They want hell on earth and nothing left but themselves.”

 

Dean stood up furiously, his eyes flickering yellow. “There are good people out there — the ones you say that love. I have encountered people sacrifice themselves for the greater good. People who help the poor, people who care about their community. Those who fight for their country, those who fight for people who have no voice. There is love in the world.”

 

Chuck backed up slightly but agreed. “Yes, Dean. When I said peace would come, I honestly mean it. The ones that deserve to stay and those that have passed on will be freed. They will live anew in my paradise.”

 

“Who are you to say who’s good and bad? Who can come into this alternative world? And who has to stay in their Hell?” bellows the Omega.

 

“And therefore you’re the star child,” smirked Chuck, calming the rage that flowed through the Nephilim’s veins. “You will fight for everyone. Even those who do not deserve a second chance.”

 

Castiel was watching his lover and his dad. Proud of his Dean for sticking up for those people who cared for others. Those who wanted that second chance. “I will be right at your side, love, holding your hand.”

 

“That’s why I needed an angel, one that accepted our ways in Heaven and those of earth. That could worship a human with all their faults and flaws. Both of you are unique and remarkable in your way. That’s why you will rule over modern Heaven and bring a better place for both humans and angels.”

 

“I-I don’t get why this is me?” Dean shook slightly, looking between God and his angel.

 

“Dean, you’re all the good that encompasses this world. You have suffered, yet your heart is warm. You help others when your soul could be stone cold. They will write books and sing-songs about you, the boy of the Stars. We will study the night sky and trace you.”

 

Chuck glanced at the boy intensely, trying to convey the important message he was trying to deliver. God hoped that one day Dean would believe in himself as they did in him.

 

Castiel stood beside his young lover and grasped his hands tighter, staring into jade green eyes that constantly dragged him in. “Love when this world is dust, and we are atoms. We will be one with the sky, our love will never vanish. No one can keep us apart; no one will declare we are wrong, purely good. Love will win over wars and brutal words. Love will build bridges and repair bones. Love is more powerful than bullets. It’s in the tears of a newborn baby, the rain that falls on a summer’s day and two hearts that beat as one. We will leave to take up arms, and we will stop the Fates bringing Hell to Earth; you will discover your rightful place next to my side. You will see your true worth, and then you can let the light of your soul flood everyone in its brilliance. I will be there with you every step of the way.”

 

Tears cascaded down Dean’s face. He never knew his older lover could be so eloquent with words. “Cas,” he whispered, voicing everything he felt with just his angel’s name.

 

Castiel pulled him in closer, tighter, not letting go. “I know love, I know.”

 

Castiel peered over Dean’s shoulder at his father. “You both need to train. I will send news; it’s not long now, son.”

 

“Thank you, father. Will you tell Dean’s family?”

 

“Yes, Cam and Sami will keep them safe. I will dispatch someone to look after Deanna. You have today. Be well.”

 

Chuck vanished, and Castiel closed his eyes. This time together. Then he needed to report to his garrison. Liaise with other garrison leaders: Train Dean and his brothers and sisters at the agency.

 

“I’m ready, Cas. We can’t let them win.” Dean spoke in a resolved tone.

 

“We won’t love. Come, we have this day. Let’s not waste it.”

 

Dean glanced over at the clock on the mantelpiece and realised that Chuck had made time to stand still. It was early morning, and they had a day and night together.

 

“What would you like to do?” asked the angel, tilting his head to the side.

 

Dean stared at the angel and grinned. “You.” Then he ran up the stairs, giggling.

 

Castiel just shook his head and followed the little Omega. After all, Dean was boss.

Notes:

I hope you enjoy this. In pain but this keeps my mind busy.

Thanks for your love and support. xxx

Chapter 42: Bonded to you.

Summary:

Mertha makes Deans wish come true. Castiel and Dean bond/marry and forget about the impending war.

Notes:

All music and poems belong to the people and bands mentioned in this fic. I do not own them.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean sat at the agency working through weapons. The human agency had changed into a training ground. All angels were becoming ready to engage in the forthcoming war. The Omegas were helping their mates. Everyone’s knowledge put to excellent use, from plans of Hell to the Fates to various weapons.

 

Dean, Adam, Gabriel and Michael trained hard in hand to hand combat. Amy, Gabriel’s mate, would not be fighting, but she made armour for the Omegas to wear. With a little help from the other agency Omegas. Weaving magic into the threads to stop weapon penetration, spell casting or other tricks the demons of Hell could employ on them.

 

Crowley had been to visit. The higher up demons that sought souls had gone into hiding, not wanting to be a part of the war. Zad and a few other crossroads demons helped the angels plan their attacks. The best places to enter Hell and a few magical ingredients they would need. Crowley knew a white witch that would help them, and she made hex bags. It would help the angels and Omegas with hell-bound creatures. 

 

Dean had told Castiel about the support they received. “See Cas, the demons like Crowley have a job. The humans that we can’t save—the crossroad demons take their souls. So, the good people don’t have to deal with the jerks. You imagine what it would be like on earth with people in meat suits running about with no souls. The actual demons are the things of nightmares. That’s why Chuck’s idea of paradise—only good can get in—is not fair, really.”

 

Castiel realised his lover was right, and he had never looked at that side of the story before. Dean made him reflect in a way no one else had ever done. His Dean would make a brilliant soldier in the angel’s army. A point he would change, Omegas from now on could fight. Presently, only Alphas and Betas could join. Such nonsense, he scoffed at himself. His Dean had taken him out frequently at armed combat. The young Nephilim was getting stronger every day.

 

Mertha walked onto the bamboo bridge in the agency garden. Dean was dangling his legs over the edge. The fish nibbled his toes, though today not a flicker of a smile adorned his sun-kissed face.

 

“What’s bothering you, love?” the kindly angel queried, putting her arm around the boy’s shoulder.

 

Dean sighed heavily and leant into the warm embrace of his friend. “I know it sounds selfish with war brewing on the horizon. I wish me and Cas could become bonded. Have all my friends and family around us. A slice of happiness before crunch time.”

 

“It’s not selfish to want that, honey. You’re mated, and you want to finish the bond. You have the handprint, you have intimacy, and now you want the bond of words. You feel inadequate.”

 

Dean nodded, glad that his friend understood him. “I also wish Castiel had his ring. They never recovered it.” 

 

Mertha looked hard at the young Nephilim next to her. “All good things come to those that wait. Now, you need a nap. Go, shoo. I will tell the commander you’re to take care of yourself.”

 

“Mertha, you won’t do that to me?” whined Dean, pleadingly.

 

“Try me, Dean.” Mertha snipped sternly.

 

“Okay, I’m going.” Dean kissed her cheek. Laughter rang out, disturbing the quiet gardens.

 

“You’re a wicked boy, Dean Winchester.” Mertha had a feeling the Dean would get his wish. She would give everything to make the Omegas world a happy one.

 

XxXxXx

 

Most of Dean’s friends and family sat in a large circle in the agency common room. “So, everyone’s got their jobs?” Mertha asked, glancing around for confirmation.

 

Sam smirked, nodding. “Castiel and I are going to search for a ring. Then we need suits.” Sam repeated his jobs to the others.

 

“Kate, Charlie, and Amber are decorating the garden. I need to get the bond arbour put up.” Cam grinned, and the girls giggled in excitement.

 

“When all our jobs here are complete, we ladies are going shopping,” Mertha told the group. “We need flower girls.”

 

“We boys need to do the same.” Harry piped up.

 

“You can come and meet me in the garden, and we can leave together,” Cam told Joe, Harry and Adam.

 

The boys nodded their head, liking that idea.

 

Bobby, you’re giving Dean away and Sam, you will have the ring.” Castiel glanced over at Dean’s uncle and brother.

 

“Yes, son. I will have to come with your lot to git a suit.”

 

“You’re most welcome to come with us, sir,” Cam told the older human.

 

“I have people helping on food,” Mertha checked down at her list.

 

“We need a cake and pie.” Gabriel cried, not wanting to be left out.

 

“You get the cake, Gabriel,” Anna told her brother.

 

Gabriel puffed out his chest. “Leave it up to me, sister. I know what Dean and Cassie like.”

 

“Janey and I are on flower duty,” Anna told them and Janey, who sat at her desk, agreed.

 

Charlie lifted her hand; to gain everybody’s attention.

 

“Yes, Charlie.” Mertha pointedly questioned Dean’s best friend.

 

“Who’s going to keep Dean out of the way while this is going on?”

 

Michael cleared his throat and raised his hand skywards. “I thought I would give Dean some driving lessons. It will keep Dean busy and happy.”

 

Gabriel spoke up. “Well, at least we angels don’t need suits. Cassie wants to wear one, but he wants to be traditional, for Dean’s sake.”

 

“Castiel, I think Dean would love to see you in your uniform. I observed how he looked at you at graduation.” Charlie giggled, and that set the rest of the girls off again.

 

Adam, Joe and Harry rolled their eyes, muttering 'girls' under their breath.

 

Castiel gave them a lopsided grin, going slightly red in the face. “I understand that. But I feel for this special occasion; I want to try something different. I’m sure Sam and I can find something pleasing for Dean to stare at.”

 

The girls burst out laughing again, and Castiel winked at them.

 

Mertha replied in a bemused tone. “Okay, Michael, pick Dean up after breakfast tomorrow. Take him home after you're done for the day. Tell him Castiel wants to spend some time alone.”

 

“It’s not lying, brother,” Castiel smirked at the blush on his brother’s cheeks.

 

“I need to cook, and everyone has to keep their lips buttoned. Operation, get Dean bonded is in progress.”

 

Everyone cheered and got on with their appointed jobs.

 

XxXxXx

 

The next morning Dean came downstairs to find Michael waiting for him, but no Adam. Dean searched around for his friend and knitted his brows together. “Michael, is Adam okay?”

 

“Adams fine Dean. Hurry and eat. Castiel tells me you’ve had no time to see your car. I will give you driving lessons. I have nothing else to work on today, and Castiel wants you to rest.”

 

“I’ve not seen Cas since yesterday. Why is he so concerned about me?” Dean asked the older angel, slightly puzzled.

 

“When is my brother not concerned about you? Let’s get out of here before someone gives us a job. I want to rest and some time off, too.”

 

Dean nodded enthusiastically. “Don’t blame you, dude.” Dean grabbed a quick breakfast, and Mertha gave him a pack up lunch to take with him.

 

Michael dropped them off a mile down the dirt path that leads to Cain’s house. Stating it was a beautiful day, so they should stretch their legs. Dean had spent little time with his brother-in-law since he finds the angel easy going and that he has a fondness for cars. That’s why he learnt to drive. They talk about new and old vehicles. Dean found him admiring the older angel a lot more.

 

Cain waved when they arrived and told them he’s been watching baby. That he was going on his boat for the day, but he will be back for supper, and they’re welcome to stay. It thrilled Dean, so Michael agrees.

 

Back at the agency, Katie, Charlie and Amber were decorating the agency’s garden. The arty types had made streamers and hung them around the trees. Cam had put the arbour up. On one side, there were blood-red roses and the other lemon-yellow roses. It depicted the colours of the Alpha and Omega. He placed a wooden stage around the arbour so that the mates could stand and one slightly raised for the angel of ceremonies.

 

They had placed white chairs in a semi-circle around the arbour, leaving a clear path to the stage. Anna and Janey decorated them with flowers. They would not wither and die with the enchantments on them. Both angels had a mixture of blossoms, making certain the scent of Jasmine, Lavender and Rose would not only look wonderful but invigorate the senses.

 

Gabriel had chosen a three-tiered cake. The cake had chocolate fudge frosting with dark chocolate chips and a peppermint mousse. He could not wait to taste it, though he made sure Mertha had made pies. Knowing Dean loved them more than cake.

 

Sam and Castiel had gone in search of a ring. The angel wanted something that was unique, but he could buy that day. Castiel searched for a good two hours, then he spotted it knowing it was perfect for his Dean. The Le Chéile faith ring also had an inscription from the ancient Ogham alphabet. The meaning translated to angel mine. The ring split into two bands of colour, one white gold the other solid yellow gold.

 

“I think Dean will love that, Cas.” Sam beamed at his future brother-in-law.

 

“It’s unique, just like he is. Thank you for your help. Let’s find us suits to wear.”

 

They both hit the Banana Republic first but found nothing they liked. Sam and Castiel discovered quite by accident a family-owned tailor shop. It was down one of the back streets of the town. A father and daughter team called Smithson’s ran the shop. They both perused their offerings.

 

Castiel found the perfect suit for him and Sam to wear. The owner would not hear of them trying and buying, but measured both and promised he would have everything fixed by early the next morning. Castiel had told the older man he may not be around for a while going off to fight a war. Castiel spoke the truth, but the older man told him not to say another word and gave them a significant discount. Castiel was going to refuse, but Sam shook his head. This was about saving the world, after all.

 

The girls got their dresses in pastel pink and baby blue. They were full-length summer gowns. Tulle with grosgrain trim. The bodice held sequins that looked like the shapes of stars.

 

Anna had made up tiny bouquets for all the girls, keeping with the soft colours of the dresses. Making buttons holes for the men in the same colours to match the theme of the bonding ceremony. She had researched human culture to get this part right.

 

Everything was coming together; it excited everyone. They could not wait to see Dean’s face. To get Dean into his suit, and to arrive on time. Castiel lamented the loss of his ring, but it was not an essential part of the bonding ceremony. Though he missed it on his finger; after all, his Dean had taken the time and effort in selecting that ring for him.

 

The next day was bright and sunny, not a cloud in the Mediterranean blue sky. Birds sang their cacophony of melodies. The cicadas made a loud buzzing noise in the trees; the bees flew from flower to flower, happily going about their business, and the butterflies added to their dance.

 

Everyone was bustling about the agency rooms, getting tables ready for the enormous amount of food Mertha, and the crew had made. Everyone was getting changed and their hair was styled. The angels were making last-minute adjustments to the decorations and calming the nerves of their mates, taking part in this extravaganza.

 

Castiel came on silent wings, but one by one they all noticed the commander. The buzzing noise of voices calmed slightly. Charlie clapped and squealed as she saw her friend.

 

“You look amazing, Castiel, and you to Sam.”

 

Castiel smiled softly at the overexcited Omega he had grown to love like a sister. “As do you, Charlie? You all look marvellous. Thank you for pulling this off at the last minute. We all know what’s going to happen. Though in these trying times, it’s good to seek hope and hold on to that. When you feel you have nothing left to give, when there is nothing but dark, and you see no light. Think back to this day and how much joy and love you brought. Not just to my Dean, but this family. We are all very proud of you.”

 

Everyone cheered and clapped — Anna coming over to talk to Castiel and Sam.

 

Suddenly the place lit up, orbs of yellow danced around everyone’s head. A choir of angelic voices followed, singing their soft hymn. A figure stood out from the light. Everyone fell to their knees in shock and respect.

 

“Father, I did not know you were planning to come. Michael is taking the service.” Castiel told Chuck not one bit intimidated by his dad.

 

“He is my child. I thought I would give you my blessing and give you this.” Chuck handed Castiel a small black velvet bag. “You will lead Heaven’s army’s Castiel. I have faith in you.”

 

With that, the light vanished, and God with them. In his place, there was an angel. The angel was tall, with short blonde hair and steel-blue eyes. Castiel almost cried with joy at seeing his older brother.

 

“Lucifer, I did not expect you to come.” Castiel held his brother in his arms, not wanting to let him go, for he may be dreaming.

 

“Baby brother, how would I miss your bonding? I’m here; all dressed up; now show me where to sit.” Lucifer’s eyes twinkled. Happy to be among his family and friends. Castiel wiped a stray tear from his eye.

 

Gabriel ran to hug Lucifer, not seeing his older brother for many moons. “Come on, Cassie; Dean will be here soon. We need to have you standing at the altar.”

 

Castiel rolled his eyes at the over-enthusiasm of his brother. Lucifer chuckled and went with the bouncy archangel.

 

XxXxXx

 

“Adam, why do I have to wear this suit again?” Dean grumbled, not liking this one bit.

 

“Castiel’s getting this service award. The world will watch and you can’t let your mate down. Now let’s go down, or we will show our mates up.”

 

“Hang on, my ties not straight,” Dean tutted, tugging at the luxurious green fabric.

 

“Dean, will you stop pulling on your tie? It will have too many wrinkles,” Adam growled, tying the tie into a Winsor knot. “You look amazing in that suit. Is it the one you wore for your first graduation?”

 

“Yeah. It’s the first suit I have ever owned; fits me fine.” Dean grinned at his reflection in the bathroom mirror.

 

“Castiel could not keep his eyes off you.” Adam snorted, shaking his head. “I thought he was going to jump off the stage at one point when Kevin hugged you.”

 

“My angel gets so jealous, does Michael get like that?” Dean asked, looking at his friend through the shiny glass.

 

“He can do, but not like the commander. Who would mess with an archangel’s mate, anyway? I don’t mean disrespect to Castiel.”

 

“I get what you mean. Michaels secure knowing that no one will approach you. Though I guess if a human tried it on, he will burst a seam.”

 

“Oh yeah, you bet your life he will.” Adam laughed. He knew how his mate was.

 

“Castiel gets anxious, possessive of me. More so because I ran from him twice. How can he trust me? I believe he’s not settled in his position like Michael. I wish there were a way I could reassure him. I love him so very much.” Dean sighed, fiddling with the tie again.

 

Adam slapped his hand aside. “Come on, or we will be late.”

 

“Tell me why we need to go again?” whined Dean again to his friend, pushing the button to the elevator. Adam grinned, knowing his friend was about to get his chance.

 

XxXxXxX

 

“Now, remember Castiel; Dean hates the reminder of John Winchester. I think it’s the last name.”

 

“Well, his mother’s surname won’t help,” Castiel commented.

 

“No, true,” Gabriel said, thinking hard about their predicament.

 

“Why don’t you ask him, Castiel, its Deans choice after all?” Lucifer recommended.

 

“Lucifer’s correct, I shall ask him.”

 

“Deans on his way.” Michael declared to the garden, everyone took their places.

 

Castiel took the velvet bag out of his pocket and lifted it. A ring slipped into his palm. It was his ring, the one he had lost in Flagstaff. His heartbeat that bit quicker. With pure joy-buzzing around his grace, he let Gabriel take it. Turning towards the direction his beloved would take; the choir of angels lifted their hearts to the sky and sang Enya’s ‘Only Time.’

 

Dean stood at the entrance of the garden, tears swelling in his jade green eyes. Bobby took his arm, and Adam whispered in his ear. “You can show him now, my friend.”

 

Dean only had eyes for his angel. That thick black mop of hair that his angel could never tame. His beautiful, enchanting wings flowed in the gentle breeze of the afternoon. His smoky blue suit seemed to enhance his glowing eyes. A yellow rose sat in his buttonhole, and a blood-red handkerchief lay in his pocket. His tie was slate grey with a white dress shirt. The smile on his face matched the happiness in his dazzling blue eyes.

 

Dean strolled down the aisle of white chairs. Charlie and Harry, Joe and Kate and Amber and Adam were walking in front, looking sensational in their dresses and suits. The girl’s hair cascaded down their backs, with flowers braided in-between.

 

Everyone stood and bowed when Dean got near them, respecting his designation and rank. All the Omega wanted, though, was to hold his angel. Still floating on air like this was a dream, but no way was his imagination that vivid. The smell of Roses, Jasmine and Lavender, drenched his senses. The murmurs of his friends and family sent his cheeks flaming red. The blue eyes of his angel sent his spirits soaring higher.

 

The girls were by the right and the boys were on the left sides of the arbour. Sam and Gabriel stood near the stage. Michael had worn his battle dress. His gold breastplate was catching the sun and sending dazzling rainbows dancing among the crowds.

 

Standing side by side, Michael tilted his head in respect and started the ceremony. “Who passes this Omega to be bonded?”

 

“I do,” Bobby spoke in his gruff tone. Squeezing Dean’s arm, he turned and sat down.

 

Sam sidled up to him and grinned at his big brother. So very proud of him at that moment.

 

“We stand here at the amalgamation of two cultures to bring together two lovers, so exceedingly different, yet very much the same. First, we will bless the rings.” Michael brought a large red leather-bound book from the table behind him. The archangel opened it, treating the paper with gentle fingers. “Samuel, will you place the ring for Dean in the book?”

 

“I will.” Sam nodded at the angel and kissed his brother’s cheek, and went to sit down.

 

Dean blinked down, feeling sad that only his ring would get blessed. Then he heard Gabriel say ‘I will’. Glancing up, he recognised the ring, the one he had brought for Castiel sat on yellow pages. Gasping, no longer holding back the tears, leaning into his angel for comfort and support.

 

Michael crossed his hand over the rings. “Samuel chose this poem. Perfect for Dean and Castiel’s present situation. I too thought it apt for the blessing.”

 

We, unaccustomed to courage

Exiles from delight

Live coiled in shells of loneliness

Until love leaves its high holy temple

And comes into our sight

To liberate us into life.

 

Love arrives

And in its train come ecstasies

Old memories of pleasure

Ancient histories of pain.

Yet if we are bold,

Love strikes away the chains of fear

From our souls.

 

We are weaned from our timidity

In the flush of love’s light

We dare be brave

And suddenly we see

That love costs all we are

And will ever be.

Yet it is, only love

Which sets us free.

 

Castiel handed Dean his handkerchief out of his breast pocket and took hold of Dean’s quivering hand. The angel sent warmth, comfort and joy in droves down their shared link.

 

Michael took Castiel’s right hand, and Dean’s left, placing them on top of each other. Then entwined the bound hands with brilliantly coloured taffeta and silk. The Omegas of the academy had specially braided. There were six braids, Michael doing a figure of eight around the couple’s hands.

 

“Castiel and Dean, you are surrounded by your family and friends today, who are all joined to celebrate the joy of your shared bond. Let this be a statement to the stars, the very essence of your conception, that it will join you for all eternity. It will bring peace, love and hope not just to yourselves but to the world around you.”

 

Castiel swallowed hard, trying to calm himself down. “Dean, my love. Today, I promise you this: I will laugh with you in times of joy, and comfort you in times of sorrow. I will make certain you reach your dreams and help you soar high and achieve all that you can easily accomplish. I will listen to you with compassion and understanding and encourage you. We will build our nest, fill it with love, laughter, and joy, and share it with our friends and family. Dean, you are my best friend, my mate, my lover. There may be an age difference, but I learn from you every day. Your strength, kindness and compassion, captivates me to you. I would find no other like you. Though we don’t know our fate, I will promise to look after you, bow down to you and be at your mercy. Listen to you when it’s needed, and you can shout at me when it’s not.”

 

Everyone laughed, and Dean grinned, knowing there will be a lot of that going on. “I have known you since my father created the universe. Before the stars were born, before the dust could settle, your a part of my very being. Past, present and future, until the light on our universe goes out. Forever entwined because no one will extinguish our love. Our story is forever engraved on the stars.”

 

There were sniffles in the crowd, and Castiel wiped tears from his face.

 

Dean got encouragement from his angel and took a shaky breath. “I had no clue about all this. So, I can only tell you what’s in my heart. Cas, I thought, no one wanted me. I thought I was unloved. It scared me when I came into the agency. I had heard so many terrible stories from here. Then Hannah and Pam treated me with such compassion and kindness, and it felt like they had switched a light on. Then I met you, and I knew I had found my home. I know it’s taken us some time to get there. So, many difficulties put in our way. I love you so very much. Thank you for giving me a home, friends and family. Thank you for showing the world is full of love. Your love will always shine brighter than any star. It will always lead me home, even in the darkest of nights.”

 

Castiel had not known that John had scared Dean so much that he had thought the angels would harm him. It made his Dean even more amazing in his eyes. He held on to his beautiful boy’s hand just a little tighter. Everyone seemed touched by the words, and most had tears in their eyes.

 

Michael cleared his throat and sniffed, clearly affected by the heartfelt words. “When you love someone, you do not love them all the time in the same way, from moment to moment. It is an impossibility. We need to have faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love and relationships. We need to be one, yet separate, one heartbeat, two minds. I will bless you with joys, yet the inevitably of sorrows will mar the landscape. Together, hand in hand, you will seek solace in each other, be stronger in each other’s presence.”

 

Gabriel passed Michael the angel’s blade and without blinking cut into Castiel’s and Dean’s hand. Castiel hissed, and Dean tried to pull away.

 

Be still, love; it has to happen.’ Castiel called to Dean through their ever active link.

 

“Their blood will mix, and they will be one.”

 

Everyone stood up and echoed Michael’s words. “They will be one.”

 

“Castiel, will you share in Dean’s pain and seek to alleviate it?”

 

“I will.”

 

“Dean, will you share in Castiel’s pain and seek to alleviate it?”

 

“I will.” Dean returned the words present on his lips.

 

“And so, they shall make this bond,” Michael spoke with obvious reverence in his voice.

 

White light shot from the bonding couples entwined hands. Even though the day was bright, the blinding light was still visible. Everyone gasped when the light changed colour. Red flames intermingled with yellow stars, like wriggling snakes as they coiled around each other, shooting to the heavens. The lights suddenly died down, and Dean looked at their hands. No blood or marks appeared on there. 

 

Then Michael spoke again. “Castiel will, you share in Dean’s laughter and look for the brightness and the positives in him?”

 

“I will, I promise,” Castiel whispered, kissing Dean’s forehead.

 

“Dean, will you share in Castiel’s laughter and look for the brightness and positives in him?”

 

“I will.” Dean croaked, clearly affected by what had just happened.

 

“Then let the bond be made,” Michael chanted loudly to his audience.

 

“Castiel, will you share in Dean’s burdens so that your spirits may grow in this bond?”

 

“I will.” The angel sniffled.

 

“Dean, will you share in Castiel’s burdens so that your spirits may grow in this bond?”

 

“I will.”

 

“Then so let the bond be made.”

 

“Castiel, will you honour Dean as an equal in this bonding?”

 

“I truly will.”

 

“Dean, will you honour Castiel as an equal in this bonding?”

 

“Forever I will.”

 

“So, let this bond be made,” Michael shouted to the Heavens, raising his hands high in the air.

 

Michael brought a golden vessel out and flicked holy water over the pair’s clasped hands.

 

“Castiel and Dean, as your hands are bound, now, so your lives and spirits are joined in the union of a bond. The bond of love, trust, and always. You are now mated for life, only seeking each other’s comfort, in solace and happiness. Above you are stars and below you are earth. Like the stars, your love should be a constant source of light, and like the earth, a firm foundation from which to grow. May this bond be blessed on this day and forevermore. May you always have the strength to hold each other during the storms, stress and the dark of disillusionment. May this bond remain tender as the hands that bind you nurture each other in their wondrous love. May those hands that bind the bond heal, protect, shelter, and guide each other.”

 

Michael smiled at the couple. “Will Dean and Castiel’s friends and family place their hands upon them for the closing of the bond?”

 

Everyone stepped closer and placed their hands on the couple. Those behind touched a part of the other. It did not matter that they did not reach the bonded couple themselves; it was the joining in that count. They were all a part of the ceremony, and that’s what mattered the most.

 

“You all have witnessed today the bond of words between Castiel and Dean. Will you help them grow as a couple? Help them in the highs and lows of their bond?”

 

They all repeated the two words, shouting them out because they all knew Castiel and Dean represented genuine love. We’re going to last forever. Would help in any way they could.

 

“We will.” They all shouted.

 

Michael unbound them and set the bonds in a charred bowl. He placed his hands over the bowl, muttering an enchantment in Enochian. The bindings lit up the fire like a kaleidoscope of colours that represented the rainbow. The fire did not last long and died down quickly. The charred remains were left behind. Michael then got a cedar box off the table behind him. Enochian symbols lightly engraved into the box. He brushed the ash into the box and blessed it.

 

“Keep this bond, for it will bind you both together for eternity.” Michael declared.

 

Michael picked up the red book again.

 

“You touched my hand and reached my thoughts.

You kissed my lips and reached my heart.

You looked into my eyes and touched my soul.

No words were said, no thoughts exchanged.

Through only a touch you changed me.

With only a kiss you moved me.

With only a look you brought me life.”

 

“Castiel and Dean, on behalf of all present here today. Those in the past, present and future and our father in the Heavens. By the strength of your love, I now pronounce you bonded by words.”

 

Cheers and whoops broke free from the party of friends and family in the summer evening sky. 

 

“You may kiss your bonded mate,” Michael told the two lovers.

 

Dean smiled, the one that Castiel loved, the one that he rarely gave but lit up his entire face. It was like the sun coming out after a violent storm when you thought the oppressive darkness would swallow you up and you would never see the light of day again. 

 

“Olani hoath ol,” Dean whispered against his mate's lips.

 

Castiel’s breath caught, and he tenderly kissed his mate. A cheer went up from his family and friends again, and the angel smiled into the kiss.

 

“Olani hoath ol. My darling boy.”

 

“Aschaniis ol oiad tahila,” Michael told Dean, who held his hand out.

 

Dean shook the offered hand. “Thanks for everything, Michael. I finally found a place where I belong.”

 

“You always have a home here with us,” Gabriel told his friend, coming in for a hug.

 

Castiel spotted Lucifer hanging back. “Brother, come and meet Dean. Dean, this is Lucifer, my big brother.”

 

“Hey, Lucifer, it’s nice to meet you finally.”

 

“Aschaniis ol oiad tahila Dean,” Lucifer told the young Omega. “I hope you will look after each other. Love each other and treasure every moment you have with each other.”

 

“We will, I promise you,” Dean told the older angel.

 

“Cassie, it’s time to celebrate, and I want to try your cake.” Dean giggled at the delighted look on his friend’s face.

 

“I hope there’s pie, Gabe?” Dean asked, using a serious timbre.

 

Gabriel put his hand on his heart, feigning shock and hurt. “You think I would forget that Dean on your big day?”

 

“Nope, but just checking.” Dean winked at the older angel.

 

Castiel rolled his eyes at his brother’s antics. “Come, love, let’s mingle and then get you some food.”

 

Dean grabbed Castiel’s hand. “Sounds like a plan.”

 

They spoke to everyone that was there. People had brought them gifts, and Charlie was handling the table. It was customary to get a nest gift and a gift of money for any future fledglings they may have. There were slips of paper in many bright colours, next to a pot of black pens. In case a guest wanted to bestow helpful advice on the happy couple.

 

Chairs got pushed away and a dance floor set down on the lush green grass. The music lifted the occasion by the angels, who played several instruments. Their first dance was ‘Nothing else matters’ by Metallica. They ate, danced and talked to all their friends. Cutting the cake which was delicious. The happy couple remained hand in hand and got lost in each other’s eyes. Like two lovers should on their big day, forgetting their troubles just for a time.

Notes:

I got slightly carried away with this chapter. I did enjoy writing it. Thanks to my Pagan friends for the info on handfasting ceremonies. I hope it was a happy blend of human and angel traditions.

Notes:

Le Chéile wedding ring. (Gaelic for together.)

Enochian:

Aschaniis ol oiad tahila: Welcome to the family

Olani hoath ol: I love you

Their first dance was Nothing else matters by Metallica

The tune that Dean walked down the aisle was Enya's Only Time.

Touched by an angel Maya Angelou Poem. Readings from the Handfasting ceremony, Author unknown.

 

Much love x

Chapter 43: Back to reality.

Summary:

Lucifer comes to visit and tells Dean and Castiel a possible way to end the war. Castiel plans the routes into hell, and Dean and his fellow omegas get ready in other ways.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean and Castiel were allowed a couple of days’ reprieve, before being called back to get things sorted for the ever-looming war. Castiel spent most of his time in heaven, though Dean missed him. The Omega knew this was important.

 

Dean had a rare day off and had been baking when there was a tentative knock on the door. Lucifer was standing there, smart in a velvet plum suit. Dean was sure it was okay now they had bonded to let his mate’s older brother inside the nest. Calling for Castiel feeling this was not merely a social visit.

 

“Hey, Lucifer, come and sit down. Castiel’s busy, but he’s on his way. Did you want a drink? Cake? Cookies?”

 

“A soda would be nice. Yes, strange request, but everything’s too hot back home. Not used to warm drinks.”

 

“Yeah, bummer. Coke or Sprite?”

 

“Sprite would be nice, and cookies please?”

 

“I just baked a fresh batch. Let me get them, make yourself comfy.”

 

“Thank you, Dean, you’re very hospitable.”

 

Dean came back with a tray of sodas and a plate of cookies. “I just put the kettle on for Cas. He said he would be home shortly.”

 

“You’re still wary of me, Dean. Why is this?” Lucifer probed the Omega gently.

 

Dean shrugged and sat down with a huff on the couch. “It’s—your the devil dude, and I guess your reputation proceeds you. Castiel and your brothers and sisters tell me you’re a nice guy.”

 

“Mmm.” hummed the archangel in bliss, munching on the chocolate chip cookies. “These are great Dean. Castiel is a lucky angel.”

 

“Do you have a mate, Lucifer?” Dean questioned the archangel.

 

“I do, but she does not like hell. I visit when I can. Kanji is from Japan; she’s a wonderful human. I love her very much, but her skills do not lie in the kitchen.”

 

“Do you have children?” Dean asked, wanting to know a little more about the archangel.

 

“We do. Tatsu is eight. He’s strong and brave like his haha. Natsuki is three and much like me, getting herself into mischief. Michael and Castiel are late in taking up a mate. Only myself, Raphael, and Gabriel have mated the longest. My first partner passed away, many aeons ago. They did not want to bond, so she withered and died.”

 

“I did not know that if you did not finish all three bonds, you would die.” Dean gasped in horror.

 

“Although we mate for life, there is a slight loophole, like all fathers’ dealings in such matters. We get a second chance if our mate were human, and they don’t want to bond. We can’t share their heaven if they don’t wish for us to do so. With you and Castiel, this is not a concern. Your Nephilim for one and have bonded in every way possible. It will be much harder to kill either of you. I look at the way you are around each other. I have never seen a bond like it, or ever again, I would imagine.”

 

“So, what can kill a Nephilim?” Dean wondered aloud.

 

“Angel blade is the only way. I don’t think it’s something you should fear, Dean.”

 

“I’m sorry for acting strange around you. You seem like a decent angel.”

 

Lucifer chuckled. “I am. Get to know me once this war is over.”

 

“I would like that.” Dean beamed at the invitation.

 

Castiel came strolling through the door and enveloped his mate into a tight embrace. “I have missed you, love.”

 

Dean turned and kissed his angel. Driving his hands through messy black hair, he opened his mouth to let his angel explore, and they both moaned.

 

Lucifer coughed. “When this is over, I have a cabin in Japan. You can both stay. You need the rest and isolation from cock blocking siblings.”

 

“I will take you up on that offer, brother.” Castiel groaned in frustration.

 

“I came because I wanted to speak to you both about matters of importance. I feel you need to know this information as it’s you that will stop the pending apocalypse.

 

Castiel came to sit on the couch and let Dean sit on his knee. Dean snuggled into his angel for comfort.

 

“I have lived in hell for many millennia, and like Chuck, have a hatred for the Fates. Their only interest is to outsmart him, so they can win. To what end, we have no idea. They have no care that humans will live or die — innocent animals, the plants and trees, even our brethren. The other Gods and Goddess’ are powerless to help. I have been searching throughout my time in hell, and I found this object that no one has spoken about, not even in the oldest of texts.”

 

“What is it, Lucifer? Will it help us when we do battle?” Dean enquired on tenterhooks.

 

“In the corner of hell, there is a stone, and this stone has two handprints. It vexed me at first. Why was there a stone set down in the depth of hell? Why are there two different sized handprints? One small one large. Made of black marble; it’s shiny and smooth and cold to touch — the only cold item in that part of hell. The stone hides in the human part of hell, though not guarded like there is no care of discovery. The fates have no clue I stumbled upon it. I fear when we get closer, they will send their top fighters to stop us.”

 

Castiel became animated with his hands, excited at his brother’s discovery.

 

“I genuinely think we both have to put our hands on that stone, brother. And it will stop the apocalypse. The fates tried to hinder Chuck from doing a re-start on humanity. I wonder if they have to have a loophole or a balance of good and evil.”

 

“How do you mean Castiel?” Asked Lucifer, who was looking confused.

 

“Chuck gives us all free will; you have a good and a bad side in all of us no matter if you’re a lofty angel on high or a demon from the depth of hell. The Fates can stop dads restart on humanity, but they have to balance that out.”

 

“So, the stone would be there failsafe. We get to that stone, we can stop the war.” Smirks Lucifer, who was getting the bigger picture now.

 

“Or we have an older brother. That’s a badass archangel. That lives in the very place you plant the get out of jail free card.” Grins Dean in glee that they can beat the Fates.

 

“Remember my love, the closer to that stone we get, they will plant objects in the way. We get close to it; they will realise we know about it. All your nightmares will come true; they will do anything to turn you around or make you suffer and forget about the stone.” Castiel looked at Dean with frustration in his grace.

 

“They will try to split you both up. That’s my primary concern.” Lucifer told the two lovers.

 

“I think it would be best if we split up and met in the middle. Now I know about all this that plan has merit. Dean and I can communicate they have no clue about our abilities. I have the plans set out, so we won’t get lost. I will go through these maps with you, brother. You know Hell better than anyone.”

 

“Let’s get onto that Castiel.” Lucifer stood and brushed imaginary lint off his clothes. “Thank you for sharing your home with me. I must borrow my brother Dean. I will see you when the trumpets sound.”

 

“Goodbye Lucifer, see you soon.” Dean waved, Castiel gave him a peck on the lips, and the angels were gone.

 

XxXxXxX

 

There training was complete; weapons were piled high; rations were set out. Crowley’s witch friend had even spelt the Omegas a bag that clipped around their wrist. They kept food rations, water, and other items in it. It was terrific to the Omegas that such a small object could carry so much. It was like something out of Harry Potter. It was much better than taking a cumbersome load on their backs that could hinder them in a fight.

 

The Omegas that had joined the war had their uniform. A grey tunic and an Orange breastplate, so they would be recognised in the garrisons. Castiel was pleased that his friends and mate were getting preferential treatment. Though if Dean found out his thoughts, he would get his ass kicked.

 

The common area was now a command centre, with maps of hell and other essential places like the best entrance on earth to enter the hell gates. They had a flotilla of angels that would take them to any destination they wished at short notice.

 

Their primary aim was to neutralise the demons. This way, they could not spill on Earth and start attacking the humans. They needed to make sure they were safe. The fight for heaven and earth would begin, and the people they needed to save could block their efforts.

 

The second aim was for Castiel and Dean to get to the stone and see what that was all about. The lovers knew it was essential and would have hell thrown at them. The minute the Fates had an inkling they were moving towards the stone.

 

Castiel was busy, and so was Dean, for that matter. They passed like ships in the night, not having time for each other. Though Castiel made sure his Dean ate and Dean made sure his angel was not overworking.

 

XxXxXx

 

It happened on one rainy Friday morning. The clouds overhead scurried across the grey, monotonous sky in a hurry, like they were late for an important date. The rain fell like a fine mist, causing visibility to diminish sharply.

 

Dean was munching on a sandwich that had been thrust into his hand by Mertha and told to eat. Wondering over to Castiel who was standing analysing the maps, meticulously going over the fine details in case they had missed something. Dean ate his sandwich and drank from the cold water he had secreted in his pants pocket.

 

Leaning on his angel, humming softly under his breath, not to disturb his mate’s musings. Dean closed his eyes, feeling it more than hearing it at first. Hairs on the back of his arms raised and a sudden chill ran through his body, making him shiver. Castiel suddenly went stiff next to him, though he ignored this at first.

 

It was like someone was trying to tune a radio. The air crackled and was disjointed. Several loud squeaks and pops flashed through his mind, and he had to put his hands over his ears, but that did not help. Then it was suddenly crystal clear, the music starting at a low timber. Then a crescendo of trumpets, pure, sweet but with a deadly warning, grew louder. War had broken out, the apocalypse had started, and they were needed to save heaven and earth.

Notes:

My brains got ideas but can I get them down on paper or computer. Frustration, if it's not clear let me know, I've re-written it like five hundred times.

Sad that I can't watch Doc Who tonight because of my phobia of spiders ahahaha

Chapter 44: Battle ready.

Summary:

The trumpets sound and Castiel and the troops fly to Heaven's plains. Castiel is command leader and gets his troops sorted into teams. Charlie tells his friends about the Hell gates to pass the time while they wait for the order to descend into Hell.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean ran to get dressed, as did the other Omegas. The ones that were not fighting helped get the weapons, making sure everyone had their packs strapped to their wrist.

 

“Those that are staying here in command central are on your guard. Those that are with me to the planes of Heaven. Let’s ascend.” The booming command of Castiel shouted out.

 

Mertha pushed through to Dean in urgency. “Dean, put this over your head immediately. It’s a talisman—it will offer you protection in Hell.”

 

“Thank you, Mertha, be safe.”

 

“May the blessings of the stars be with you.” Mertha took a quick hug from the boy she had grown to love and wiped a tear from her purple iris.

 

Dean nodded and vanished. He stood on the right side of his mate. The plains of Heaven were vast; the purple and yellow suns gave warmth, a gentle breeze washed over them. There were purple-headed mountains in the background and a small babbling river ran close by. Birds of colours Dean had never conceived flew in and out of the lined-up soldiers, much like they were inspecting them.

 

“Listen up.” Castiel’s authoritative vocalisation reverberated around the troops, making them stand to attention. Though he used no microphones, everybody heard him, even those in the back that Dean could only spy in the vast distance. Castiel’s sharp blue eyes skimmed his troops. “Garrison Alpha will remain here to guard the tree. We can’t leave her vulnerable from attack. You will also find Omegas among your ranks; treat them as you would any other.”

 

Castiel’s blue eyes had taken on a stormy hue. Back straight, hands behind his back. The angel was not to be messed with. Dean found it fascinating to watch his mate in leader mode. He found it a little hot and wanted to grab his mate and kiss him. Castiel shot him a quick look of amusement. A slight clearing of his throat and a slight quirk of his lips was the sole flash of emotion the leader showed that his mate’s inner monologue affected him.

 

“Dean and I will be on opposing garrisons, but we will rendezvous in human Hell. Gabriel, Lucifer, Michael, and Raphael will take garrison Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Nu. I will lead garrison Beta as they know my command. I will put Dean with Kedi, whose command leader of Zeta garrison. This garrison is a mix of humans, angels and Nephilim. Anak and Zakum, you’re both in charge of Eta and Theta garrisons. You are the largest of the garrisons; you will split the guard between the entrances of the Hell gates on Earth.”

 

“Tadhiel, you have control over Iota garrison. You will communicate with command central to make sure we get a simple message on angel radio. Madan, you have control over Kappa garrison. I want you on reconnaissance. See if anyone is guarding that stone. Omega, Psi and Chi garrisons, you have no leader, so remain here unless I assign you, someone. Set up field hospitals in case we have wounded, also nourishment tables. Pam, Hannah, and Mertha, along with Omegas from the agency, will arrive after we have departed to help. The Rit-Zien will come if we have injured personnel. The rest of the garrisons I have not mentioned; pave a simple way for us. Your leaders will come to you. We must defeat the demons at all costs. They are critical in fate’s plan to start the war on the top side. The archangel’s garrison, please go to your leader, otherwise wait for the call to depart.”

 

Dean moved, but was pulled gently; stormy blue eyes sought him out. “Kedi is your leader; he will look after you. Be safe, my love, until we meet again.” Castiel stroked Dean’s face tenderly and caressed his lips with his own. “I love you, sweet boy.” Castiel pressed these words into his mate’s skin so it would imprint them for his journey.

 

“I love you, Cas.” Dean fought back the tears, but he would not show his brave mate up in front of an entire battalion of angels. He could barely manage a smile; hands slipped out of his angels, not daring to turn back as he trudged over to his garrison.

 

Dean stood near Flynn, Harry, Kate, Joe, Charlie, and Sandy. The Omegas he knew from the agency. The only Nephilim he could sense was himself. The others, predominantly were angels and a few humans. Dean rolled his eyes, and Charlie giggled.

 

“I think the commander just wanted us to be safe, Dean.” the redhead told her friend, thinking it was sweet.

 

“Zeta garrison, stand to attention please,” called Kedi, his navy blue breastplate denoting his rank of a Thrones angel. Most Thrones angels were Beta, but like Castiel, he was rare and was an Alpha. “I know we have worked over the battle plans a thousand times, but our primary aim is to protect Dean at all costs. Get him and the commander to the stone and stop the apocalypse before it starts. We will encounter demons. They will try to stop us, but other garrisons around us will clear our path. So we should not have to fight unless it's imperative to do so.”

 

Dean felt it, that strange feeling again, like his skin did not fit. He wiggled and started feeling hot and cold simultaneously.

 

“Dean, are you well?” Kedi enquired, looking troubled.

 

“Something’s coming, sir, soon. I feel it.”

 

The angel’s chocolate brown eyes widen slightly, catching on to Dean’s meaning and nodded. “Fall in line. We need to be ready. Weapons out, be observant at all times. Have each other’s backs. Bring light where there is simply darkness.”

 

All eyes were on Zeta garrison at the call of readiness from the command leader. Castiel both heard and saw at once, keeping track of his mate while he could. Knowing his Dean had sensed something, but getting nothing but love and nervousness through their shared link. Castiel called for all garrisons to be at their ready. The archangels soon following their brother’s lead.

 

“There are eight entrances to Hell around the world,” whispered Charlie to her friends. “Anak and Zakum lead the garrisons, which encompass over ten thousand angels. That’s why the commander joined them up. So they would guard anything going in or out. Don’t forget some creatures lurk in the shadows here on Earth that they can seek for help to fight on their side.”

 

“That’s true, and that many angels in Hell; not sure it would be a perfect thing. That much fire too many feathers.” Harry denoted seriously.

 

“I heard that’s how the commander’s wings got black,” Katie whispered back to her friends behind her hand.

 

Eyes sought him out, but Dean just snorted; remaining quiet on the subject. His angel’s wings were badass, so what did he care either way?

 

“Anyway, there are three Hell gates in the western hemisphere. One entrance is in Dead man’s Flats, Alberta, Canada.” Charlie informed them.

 

“You’re kidding us, Charlie?” Joe raised his eyebrow in suspicion the redhead had them on. “Right?”

 

“I kid you not; it’s an actual place.” Charlie sniggered behind her hand, trying not to draw attention to them.

 

“So where’s the second place?” Flynn probed with an air of impatience.

 

“Hell for certain, it’s in Kentucky.” Charlie giggled at the shock on her friends’ faces.

 

“I’m guessing hell and dead is a running theme in the gates of Hell’s doorways?” Dean smirked, folding his arms to his chest.

 

“Pretty much.” Charlie shrugged. “I just think someone just had a strange sense of humour.”

 

“You’re telling me.” chuckled Sandy, shaking her head.

 

“So the next gate is in South America, Chile, to be exact. The place is Salsipuedeses, roughly translated to ‘get out if you can.’”

 

“That’s chilling.” Sandy shuddered.

 

 “It’s like the original settlers knew that something was wrong with the places they lived,” Joe announced to the group.

 

“So, which one are we being dropped into?” Harry asked, glancing at Charlie for confirmation.

 

“Hell for certain, it seems to have the most demonic activity.”

 

“Is that wise?” Katie wondered aloud.

 

“They will expect us to continue to the gate with the slightest traffic. The demons will have their weakest troops in Kentucky and their strongest at the other locations.” Dean stated with a tone of certainty. “They will think that Cas will keep me away from the worst of it.”

 

“I agree with Dean, the commander and the archangels, want us to land there,” Charlie told the group.

 

A shout went up, and everybody stood to attention. Dean heard Castiel’s voice thunder out. “We have a green light; all troops raise arms. May the light always be with you?”

 

Raucous yells went up and down the plains of Heaven, and they all marched forward into Hell.

Notes:

Thank you so much for your love and support. Its helped me on my long journey to recovery and helped me, I hope to become a better writer.

Always x

P.S I love Charlie, still mad at them for killing her.

Chapter 45: Hell on your mind.

Summary:

Dean and Zeta garrison are stuck in Hell fighting a beast. Castiel and his garrison, face an uphill battle from demon bats.

Notes:

Warning: Mild gloop and gore.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It muted every colour, dark greens, navy blues, blacks, and greys. The pictures of Hell often depicted flickering fiery red. Any colour would be a reprieve from this monotonous, dank enclosed cave they were in at present. Nothing came to disturb them, just the dripping of water, adding to the bite of the freezing air.

 

“Stay close,” commanded Kedi, his eye alert for any movement in the lingering shadows of darkness that shrouded them.

 

“The others have gone ahead, right?” whispered Kate, her voice reverberating around the cave.

 

“It’s like it has forced us off the correct path. I don’t like this. I feel we are the mouse and the beast is a cat that’s playing with us.”

 

“I agree, keep close guys,” Joe spoke in seriousness, observing every shadow in case it jumped out at them.

 

“What’s that noise?” Dean asked, puzzled. “It sounds like something slithering along the floor.”

 

Kate and Charlie squealed. “Because there is.” They both shouted, looking down at their feet, only to see long thick tentacles withering around their legs.

 

“Remember.” shouted out Felice, a member of their garrison. “Hell’s demons are not like the ones you see on the Earth. They take all forms and can be a master of disguise. Now, this creature is all over the room, and I suggest we execute it.”

 

The angels, humans, and Dean turned to fight the slithering beast. It sought to whip them and catch their legs. It slammed Kate and Harry against the back wall of the cave. Joe yelled and stabbed the long appendages with his arrow blade. Purple goo oozed out and soaked the Omega.

 

“Gross.” Joe moaned but kept spearing the beast.

 

They could discover no defined body but the creature’s long appendages. The slithering creature tried to grab on to their arms and legs, trying to render them immobile. The angels were struggling in vain to hack them off. The monster was here and there, and it corralled them into the centre of the cave.

 

Dean ran and tripped onto the floor, trying to get to Harry and Kate. On the floor, the slithering arms, let out a luminescent glow, as though it gave him some light.

 

“Guys, are you okay?” Dean called to his fellow Omegas.

 

“Yeah, heads got a lump the size of an egg. I guess Kate’s unconscious. We need to get her away from this thing.” Harry croaked, coughing, taking the crisp air into his lungs.

 

Dean looked back and frowned. High above them, the arms of the beast were fighting the angels and Omegas. Slashing and grabbing them by its tentacles. One angel hung upside down, and Charlie and Sandy tried in vain to free her. Dean noticed two things; the monster made hardly any sound, and low on the floor, the beast took no notice of him or his injured friends.

 

The Omega knew in an instant what they all needed to do. Even if it was a minor respite from battling the beast. “Guys, you all need to get on your knees,” yelled Dean to his garrison.

 

“Are you crazy?” shouted Felice, slashing her sword and lopping a tentacle clean in half. It covered the angel from head to foot in a foul-smelling violet gloop.

 

“Do as Dean tells you.” Came the commanding bark of Kedi.

 

They all stopped fighting and sunk to their knees. The beast slithered over them, its suckers making popping noises, but made no further attempt to harm them.

 

“Okay, that’s weird.” Charlie chirped, searching around her.

 

“I see the entrance to the next cave, commander.” Gzrel voiced, pleased that she had found an escape route.

 

“We need to get Harry and Kate back to Heaven’s plains. They can’t continue forward with their injuries.” Dean told his command leader.

 

“I will be fine Dean.” whimpered Harry, adjusting his head, but his world spun around. “Well, maybe not. Take mine and Kate’s bags, Dean; they will come in handy.”

 

Dean took them off his friend’s wrists and stuck them on his own. “You did great, my friend. Take care of Kate for me.”

 

“We will transport them back to the field hospital.” Boel and Karlel told their garrison, but looked kindly at Dean, knowing he would stress over his friend’s injuries. “Leave us a trail so we can find you.”

 

“Is that safe?” queried Charlie, anxious at the idea.

 

“Only we will know the angel sigils, Omega. Do not fret,” Boel told the redhead.

 

The two angels kept low and grabbed the Omegas. With their garrison at their backs, the two angels got the two injured humans out of the present cave system; unmolested by the beast.

 

Charlie was hot. Perspiration dripped down her eyebrow, and she wiped her forehead with the back of her forearm. Feeling in her pack, she blindly grabbed a bottle of clear liquid. The bottles were labelled, but she did not check them. Dean had moved close to his friend, but at that moment the young Omega realised she had picked the wrong bottle and spat the water all over him.

 

“Charlie, what the hell?” shouted Dean in disgust, scrunching his nose up.

 

Charlie was about to apologise when she heard a shriek and a tentacle coiled away from the dripping water from the bottle. Turning it around, it read saltwater.

 

“Omegas, grab your salt bottles. This thing hates it. Makes it scream.” Charlie beamed excitedly. Now she could surely help.

 

Dean rubbed his face and grabbed four saltwater bottles, giving them out to the angels. Joe, Charlie and Sandy had spares, so they distributed them around the garrison.

 

“Aim it away from the second cave opening; that’s what it’s protecting.” hollered Sandy, who had remained very stoic until now.

 

They were all on their knees. The stony soil and rocks cut their legs and made travelling hard, but they knew if they stood, the monster would fight back. The creature made a loud, pained cry. Slowly, they stumbled towards the entrance to the next cavern. Dean arrived first.

 

Kedi came closer to the Omega he had sworn to protect. “I have informed the commander that they will require saltwater. A precaution should they encounter this beast. Boel and Karlel will unquestionably require some if they wish to accompany us.”

 

“I wish I could communicate with Castiel. I feel cut off here.” Dean hated the feeling of the oppressive dark, wanting to touch his mate.

 

“Maybe he’s still there, Dean. Remember to reach for the light,” Kedi advised the Nephilim.

 

Dean stood no longer fearing the beast who had now retreated to the back of the cave, turning he shuffled forward and fell. Dean felt like he was floating and arms grabbed for him. Someone was screaming his name, but that just brought silence. The darkness suffocated him, and he lost consciousness.

 

xxxxxxx

 

Castiel and Beta garrison touched ground in Dead Man’s Flats, Alberta, Canada. The pink haze of the Pigeon Mountains rose in the spectacular backdrop of the small hamlet. The sun climbed higher, into crystal blue skies, the scent of pine wafting lazily on the distant breeze.

 

Castiel made certain no humans were in the immediate area. Walking rapidly up the trail, he knew would lead to one gate of Hell. A team of angels from Eta garrison were waiting for him there.

 

Castiel marched up to them with certainty and authority in his every stride. The angel had his hand on his trusty sword, poised to strike.

 

“Give me news, Eremiel,” Castiel growled out to tense for pleasantries.

 

The angel placed his right arm and fist over his heart and bowed deeply in respect. Eremiel had an azure breastplate but did not have the stars on his shoulder like Castiel. The man towered over the other angel, his skinny frame, and lithe body, like a coiled cobra ready to strike fear into any hell beast.

 

“Commander, you were right. We have propelled many demons back, that have tried to join them, from this plain.” Spits out the command leader in blatant repulsion. “We have a team in the mountains, and a team surrounding all entrances to the hamlet. I was waiting for your command to push them back into the hell hole they belong.”

 

“Outstanding work. We will show them not to mess with angels.”

 

Castiel mentally prepared, reaching out tendrils of grace towards his mate, but finding nothing but darkness. Not too concerned, he had heard from Kedi after all, and to his knowledge, Dean was safe. The battalion of angels was ready to fight the darkness. Castiel pulled forth his trusty sword; it sang a song of victory. The commander yelled; the deathly battle cry of the angels made the earth shudder. Their eyes alight with the flames of grace. Heaven’s army was bracing to strike into the very heart of Hell.

 

Running into the long-forgotten coal mines, the angels passed into the thin portal that separated Hell from Earth. The angels could not fly into the entrance because it would disintegrate their wings. The temperature changed, and the rush of evil would render them ineffective.

 

Castiel and Eremiel led the assault; they had over six hundred angels at their back. The rest stayed topside to guard the countryside around and the gate itself. They ended up in an immense cavern, stalactites clung to the rocks, and they glowed a faint blue, lighting the dull cave in an eerie glow. Few stalagmites rose from the ground. They were short but easy to catch one’s feet on.

 

Castiel and Eremiel walked further up the spacious cavern and noticed tiny red pinpricks of the light brake through the gloom. Castiel’s eyes flew wide, and he shrieked his warning. “Árar bats.”

 

The bats seemed to wake with the cry of the angels. They were small, about the diameter of a Kestrel. They plummeted down from their lofty perch at the top of the cavern. The sound of their wings beating together reminded Castiel of waves crashing on rocks in a storm. The creatures shrieked and attacked the angels, their sharp razor-like talons ripped into flesh like a hot butter knife.    

 

“Back to back. Shield each other.” bellowed Castiel as thick barbed leathery wings passed his face and cut his cheek. The angel hissed, but wielded his sword upward and sliced into the flying demon bats. Their bodies dropped to the floor but turned to ash on impact.

 

Castiel ducked and sprinted the length of the cavern, jumping over the protrusions on the rough rocky ground. His powerful thighs were taking the impact. Pumping his legs hard to reach the surface, he breached the portal and slipped through to earth.

 

“Commander, do you need more of our battalion?” came the shocked voice of Anak, his eyes wide with shock at the sudden appearance of the battalion leader.

 

“No. Anak, I need an Omega. You have a couple in your command?”

 

“Yes, they enlisted when they found out about the impending war. They have been out of the agency for a couple of years. Marcus teaches physical education at a high school, and Isaac is a kindergarten teacher. They’re mated to the twins.’

 

Castiel did not have occasion to chatter. Grunting at his bleeding cheek, healing it. “Call them now; Árar bats are attacking us.”

 

“Yes, sir.” Anak closed his eyes, and in moments Galgalliel and Ophaniel arrived swiftly, holding their mates between their arms.

 

“Anak, stay and guard the entrance. I need you to follow me, boys. Árar bats hate the sound of Omega voices, even more so raised in song. They did not expect us to bring you along. Their mistake—we don’t think you’re weak like they treat their life mothers. Come, both of you, and raise your voice to the Heavens.”

 

Marcus and Isaac glanced at each other, nodding in silent agreement. The brothers ran behind the commander, pushing their long blond hair out of their wintery blue eyes. Their mates followed in their wake, giving them a reassuring presence of support. Passing through the portal, they could already hear the screech from the bats and the yell of angels in battle.

 

“Commander, we are losing,” exclaimed Eremiel. Blood was dripping down his eye. Suddenly, a bat crawled along the leader’s shoulder and bit into his neck. Yelling in pain, he dropped to the floor and shook.

 

“I have never seen this effect before.” Castiel held tight to his brother’s body, trying to give him some comfort. “It’s like they hold venom that affects us.”

 

“I can’t feel my legs, brother.” Eremiel splutters, his teeth shaking so much they rattled.

 

“We can’t let those creature’s bite us, boys, you need to sing.” Castiel glanced up at the brothers in urgency.

 

“We will amplifier your voices,” Galgalliel told the brothers, helping Castiel to hold Eremiel while the commander swung his sword to protect the Omegas.

 

“Sing love, save them.” Ophaniel quaked, affected by his brother and sisters, battered bodies and the relentless surge of the bats.

 

Marcus and Isaac nodded at each other and the carnage in the cavern. “The one mam taught us, Mar.” Isaac’s Irish lilt broke through his anxiousness.  

 

The brothers had strong, sounding voices they raised to the Heavens, hoping they would win this fight. Galgalliel and Ophaniel made their mates cry twenty times as loud as a simple spell. All around them, the angels stopped to hear the boys sing ‘Grace.’  

 

The bats dived bomb the boys. The angels surrounded the Omegas and chopped at the bats. The creatures gave out blood-curdling screams, redoubled their efforts to get at the boys. Their talons were gouging any flesh they could find. The animal’s red eyes were like rubies, hypnotising those whose eyes lingered too long.

 

“Keep singing boys.” shouted Castiel over the din, “it’s working.”

 

The bats circled upwards around the roof of the cavern. The strange blue light of the stalactites, sending their shadows cascading over the waiting battalion below. In a frenzy, the bats collided with each other. Their high pitch screams were making the most sensitive ears ache with pain.

 

The boys sang ‘Grace’ over again — their mates handing them bottles of water to lubricate their parched throats. Marcus took a long pull of water and sang again while Isaac took in the cooling liquid.

 

Cries of astonishment went up, and Castiel turned his gaze to the rocky roof. Heavy mist covered most of the bats, but the ones on the lower levels were crashing into each other. They slashed, bit and maimed, their kin. The swarm got faster and faster, flashes of red flared from their dripping eye sockets. Like a mini funnel cloud, the bats flew so fast to the naked eye no one could make out a discerning shape.

 

 Suddenly, the funnel cloud touched the ground and formed a mini-tornado. A powerful gust of wind blew through the cavern, and the angels had to shield their eyes. A loud high-pitched wail broke out and a brilliant flash of red-lit the cavern up, and the bats started hitting the ground with thunderous thuds, turning into ash on impact.  

 

The two Omegas kept singing, but their voice was raw and tired. Coughing between sips of water, they sang until all the bats had vanished. Collapsing with exhaustion into their mate’s arms, the twins sat their Omegas down and soothed them gently.

 

Castiel shook his head; red dots danced in his vision. Turning to the boys, his battle hard eyes grew soft. Extending his arm out, he sought permission from the twins, who inclined their heads in gentle agreement. The commander squeezed the boy’s shoulders and thanked them for saving them. The angel knew it could be a lot worse without them. Glancing down at Eremiel, he swept sweaty strands of bronze hair out of his brother’s face.

 

“I will get you some help, brother,” Castiel told the ailing angel.

 

The angel stood up and groaned. His arms throbbed from holding his sword aloft. Running his grace through his worse injuries, not wanting to deplete it this early on, being so far from the host. Plus, if Dean needed him, he had to be ready.

 

“Listen, take the injured to the field hospital. Inform the Rit Zien we are coming, and that we have Omega casualties. Boys, you have done well, but I need you to rest.”

 

“Yes, commander.” Marcus croaked, his voice gone horse.

 

“Twins take your mates; we have enough angel’s moving the sick.”

 

“Are you sure, brother?” frowned Ophaniel.

 

Castiel’s lips twitched at his brother’s drop of his title. But he did not reprimand him. “Go, get them seen to.”

 

The twins lifted the two Omegas and carried them towards the portal.

 

The other angels, that were less injured, helped those that needed treatment in the field hospital. Castiel oversaw this and made sure he spoke to each angel before they left. They had lost one hundred angels in the attack, though the effects of the venom were still unknown. Anak summoned replacements from the surrounding areas. They had been no other attacks. It was a little too quiet.

 

Castiel wandered to the pile of ash that was knee height. The angel noticed a glimmer from one stalagmite protruding from the floor nearby. Curious, he ambled over. One pillar had a shiny stone sitting on the top. The angel wondered how the giant fingers of calcite formed because he could see no evidence of dripping water. The cave was neither hot nor cold, just the strange blue hue that looked like it was pulsing with energy.

 

Not thinking, his mind concerned with the ever-present silence from his mate and now the injured. The angel reached out to touch the seemingly harmless stone. Castiel placed his large hand around one and picked it up.

 

“Commander, put that down,” Anak shouted at the rooky mistake of his decorated brother.

 

Castiel turned to tell his brother he was fine when the stone lit up, and a bright blue light engulfed him. The angel found himself in a small room, alone, with just his thoughts for company.

Notes:

Árar means demon in Icelandic-Thanks to my best friend for the translation.

I did google search on the names of the areas, if I get anything wrong please let me know. With Kindness x

Chapter 46: The room that binds me.

Summary:

Dean and Castiel are trapped in the mind of Hell. Trying to battle out and find each other and their garrisons.

Notes:

Warning: Mind games, Phycological manipulation.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean woke up, lying down on an icy stone floor. Groaning at his protesting muscles and the throb in his skull. He drew up unsteadily, trying to recover his equilibrium. Looking around, he realised he was by himself; there was no doorway, just the window the sole cause of light.

 

Dean rubbed his arms, feeling rather chilly, searching for a path out of this dark, damp room. On closer scrutiny, the walls were red brick. The window, much to his shock, let the light of the moon in. ‘How can that be when they’re in Hell?’ he mumbled to himself. The room was modest but in an oblong shape. Turning around, he saw in one corner a mirror, with half a white sheet covering it. How he’d not spotted it before, he had no clue, but then he was lying on the floor unconscious.  

 

First, he tried to communicate with Cas, but he heard nothing back through the link. They trapped him in the room, but there was no use in yelling and attracting attention to himself. With a deep-seated sigh, he waltzed up to the mirror and pulled the sheet off. It was about six feet tall, of a glass and chrome construction. Dean felt compelled to place his hands on the glass; he can’t confirm the compulsion behind his actions.

 

Moving his hand away, he discovers his reflection smirk back, folding their arms. Dean stumbles backwards and yelps in shock. The almost black olive eyes twinkle back in entertainment. “Such a disappointment, Dean,” the mirror Dean hissed at him like a hissing cobra. “You can’t even follow orders, and now you’re fucking trapped.”

 

“I-I was travelling into the next cave system. How was I to know this would happen?” Dean stammers and shakes, disturbed by what he’s witnessing.

 

Mirror Dean rolls his eyes. “You wait for your command, angel. You always rush in; you need patience. Stuck in a room with no door. God, Castiel must be so disappointed in you. That’s why he’s not contacted you.”

 

“I-I don’t know why angel radio does not work in Hell?” Dean shrugs, not wanting to give the link away he and his mate have.

 

Dean glances away from the mirror image of himself, but he could not tare his eyes elsewhere, too transfixed. This Dean is unique; he stands straighter, more self-assured and confident. Dresses smarter, his complexion, even his hair is better.

 

Mirror Dean sneers, his face contorting into a grin, his eyes turning dark with malcontent. He punches out his words, hoping they will hit their intended target. “Castiel does not want you, Dean. If Lucifer could communicate, then so can he. I bet he’s glad for the silence. Your mundane ramblings and lack of intelligence must make his head hurt. How did you figure out you would entertain an angel that’s been around from the conception of time? Knows everything there is to know. The only action you’re good for is spreading your legs, and he’ll become tired of that. You’re not experienced enough for him. Castiel needs a real Omega, obedient, intelligent, that as no daddy issues, that will provide him Alpha fledglings.”

 

“Stop!” yells Dean, putting his hands over his ears. “Fucking leave me alone.”

 

“Aww, Deanie, did I hit a nerve? You know I’m right.” Laughed mirror Dean chillingly. “Why don’t you do us all a favour and put yourself out of your misery?”

 

“Cas loves me,” Dean shouted. Tears were running down his face.

 

There was a thump, and a noose dangled in front of Dean’s nose, reaching up to feel if it was real. Those dark olive eyes, virtually black, were facing him, challenging him to kill himself.

 

“You’re a weak, willed coward, put the noose around your neck, and do something right for once in your life.” Jeered mirror Dean, leaning slightly closer, watching the real Dean’s every motion.

 

Dean closed his eyes and breathed through his nose and breathing steadily. Needing to calm down, drying his eyes. ‘Cas loves me, my family and friends love me.’ the words echoed around his head.

 

“Your old man was correct, your a stupid, pointless, good for nobody, end it, Dean.” Mirror Dean appeared to shout obscenity’s at the Omega like he realised he was losing his hold, that Dean was no longer under his evil spell.

 

Dean closed his mind to the digs and brutal words. The Omega remembered what his Cas said to him. When there is dark, search for the light. Dean bought up the memory of their bonding day, the smell of the flowers, his angel’s face, and the warmth—he felt so cherished and loved. He had friends, family, people that appreciated him; he tried to rush towards that feeling. Sammy and Uncle Bobby were there waiting for him; he still had that familiar connection.

 

Castiel had told him, time and time again, that he loved him, and he showed it in so many ways. Feeling warmth pulsed through his rib cage, not realising how cold he was. Standing up straighter, he had a battalion of angels at his back but people who loved him, his Castiel, he was worth so much to so many people. Castiel gave him wings; he could fly above this, believe in himself, be whoever he wanted to be.

 

Dean opened his eyes and grinned; he materialised his wings. Looking into the mirror and stepping up to it.

 

“What you doing, Dean?” The mirror version asked, a little taken aback, but kept on with his mental mantra. “Giving up? Stupid Omega.”

 

“I’m Dean, Omega, mated to Castiel, Angel of Thursday, and you can shut the fuck up.” Dean pulled back his arm, and with maximum force, smashed the mirror.

 

High-pitched shrieks rang out. Black smoke billowed out of the mirror. His hands had shards of glass sticking out of them, blood dripping onto the stone floor. Hissing through the pain, Dean snatched the white sheet off the floor and threw it over the fractured mirror. There was a sudden loud scraping of stones and clanging like machinery. Dean turned to discover where the noise was coming from. A doorway had opened up in the brick wall on the opposite side of the mirror. He glimpsed back down at his hand, there was no trace of the incident; he had healed himself. Dean’s powers buzzed around him. His shackles of the pass had fallen aside. The dark recess of his mind no longer distressed him. Dean moved on out of the doorway to find his garrison and his mate. He was no longer scared of the dark, for he knew now he carried the light of the world on his wings.

 

XxXxXxXx

 

Castiel finds himself in a vast labyrinth of rooms. The angel lost count of how many he’s drifted into. There was no way out, no exit; something trapped him. The angel found it strange in all the rooms. There were people sitting chatting, eating, playing games, but no one’s taken notice of him. He was a ghost, invisible to the naked eye, floating from one room to the next. Castiel went up to a group of girls waving his hand in front of their faces, but there was no recognition that he was present.

 

Sitting down on a couch, trying to figure out the game the demons were playing. Oh, yes, he appreciated this was a test, a game, a trick. He would have to pass, go, to move on. Castiel only hoped his Dean was with his garrison and not having to deal with this show. They constantly sought people by themselves, not in larger groups, to play their mind games.

 

Pulling his fingers through his thick thatch of black hair. Castiel glanced around, feeling apprehensive, bouncing his knee up and down. ‘Why are they all ignoring him? What’s the point?’ It unnerved him, and that unsettling feeling sat awkwardly under his breastbone. ‘He’s an angel, a commander of God’s own army. Should he be getting like this?’ The angel groans inwardly and got up, preferring to roam through more pointless rooms.

 

After what seemed like hours of fruitless explorations, Castiel comes to a large food hall. On the platform, there was, he assumes, teachers talking away eagerly. Teens from the manner of their age remain in groups on tables that stretched the length of the hall. They seemed to eat a midday meal and messing about, but the teachers sat on the platform playing them no mind. 

 

Castiel wandered up and down the tables, watching and listening to what was being said, playing closer attention than he’d done formerly.

 

“Did you hear what there saying? He’s a nobody, worthless. It’s the Nephilim that holds all the power.”

 

“Yes, what was the point in the angel? No friends, hardly any family.”

 

“No one wants the angel; once his task is complete, he’s redundant.”

 

“He was only born to make the Nephilim shine.”

 

Castiel heard all the whispers. They invaded his mind, bounced around like a ball, wall to wall, never-ending but becoming louder and louder. ‘Was it true? Was he alone? Was he simply made to bring Dean out of the shadows? Was he needed at all? If he was not in command, what would he be? Nothing. He stood by Dean’s side. That’s his job. But he had no friends, just family. What was the point of him?’ Castiel swiped at his eyes angrily, not wanting his tears to fall, not wanting to sound weak.

 

Then he felt a shock zip through him. He placed his hand out and grabbed the table. ‘Shit’. He choked, feeling dizzy and disoriented. Not an ailment angels should feel. Dean needed him. He just knew it. Something inside of him told him so. Trying to communicate, not wanting to give the game away, but there was still a mental block. Castiel did not give up, would not give up. So down the link, he sent warmth, love and hope to his mate. He loved Dean, and if he was there for Dean to shine, so be it. All he desired was his boy. He would undertake everything for him. He loved Dean with everything he had, with all his grace, and they would not stop him from getting to him.

 

Castiel stood, anger, like flames licking his skin, flowed through him, his grace pricking his flesh. ‘No, they would not win. He won’t let them.‘ Castiel grabbed his blade and hoisted it high, crying out a celestial battle alarm, and started hacking at the hangings on the wall.

 

“Let me out. You won’t win. I have my Dean. I am not alone.” The angel shouted, the sword slicing through layers of material. Suddenly, all went dark, and a flash of light lit up a cave system. There, stood at the bottom of the cave, was his Dean. Castiel’s arms had grown heavy, tired even. Putting his sword away, he ran to his mate.

Notes:

I was not going to put this out but my computers about to die on me. I have a new one on order.

Anyway, Cas and Dean are a little stuck until I can get back to it.

Tired, stressed but when life gives you lemons bake pie xxx

Chapter 47: Shadows of a sleeping man.

Summary:

Dean and Castiel are battling the forces of Hell, again. Charlie finds Castiel and along the way, they find a long lost friend.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean walked along the blackened tunnel. He could see by the bright, green light on the rock face. The walls dabbled with orange slime. The constant drip of water in the background was like an out of tune melody.

 

The underpass was pleasantly warm, a shock from the last room. Dean took a closer inspection of the slime and wished he hadn’t bothered. The green light emitted from protrusions that looked like porcini mushrooms. Strangely, they had little limbs that shook, and when he came closer, their microscopic eyes widened on stalks, and the creatures hissed and tried to bite him with pincer-like teeth. After that, he kept to the middle, far away from the walls.

 

The air in the underpass was fresh, Crowley always smelt of sulphur, and that’s what he thought Hell would stink like. The tunnel air, however, had the bouquet of salt water, not unlike Anna and Charlie’s home. Grateful for the light the weird creatures gave him, he walked for about half an hour. Dean grumbled loudly when he arrived at the dead end. Looking around, he could not identify a way out, so he stopped for a rest. Upon sitting down on a sandy floor, Dean recognised the sudden sound of machinery; rocks began moving.

 

“No,” Dean shouted in panic. Jumping up and crossing over to the rocks. Trying in vain to stop them from closing, even deciding to get back out the way he had come. A powerful gust riled up, and he had to place a hand over his face. The sand was so intense he lost. Sitting down again, and became slightly forlorn.

 

Meanwhile, Castiel had scrambled towards Dean, hugging him securely. Like he had not seen him for months. He quenched his thirst like a man lost in the desert.

 

“Father, love, it’s so good to see you. How did you become separated from your garrison?”

 

“I-I got a little-lost sweetheart, silly of me, I know.” Dean smiled timidly at the Alpha.

 

Castiel took a deliberate step back and narrowed his eyes. “I understand. We best find them then. We require the back-up.”

 

“You’re the boss Alpha.” Dean giggled quietly, snagging the angel’s hand.

 

Castiel and Dean went up a cramped passage, still linked by their hands. They had to track single file. Castiel kept stealing glimpses at his Omega like he was trying to work a difficult conundrum out, his eyebrows set into a deep furrow.

 

Dean turned and smiled, tugging the angel along. “You okay there, Castiel?”

 

“Yes, I can’t wait until we’re out of these networks,” Castiel hazily replied, deep in thought.

 

“Don’t worry; I know the way.” grinned Dean, tugging at the joint hands. Turning back, he led the way.

 

Castiel’s gut instinct told him this was all wrong, and it had never led him astray before. So, he followed until he could come up with a plan.

 

XxXxXxXxX

 

Dean sat down, stretching out his tired bones, having a ration pack of nuts and fruits, then washed it down with a bottle of tepid water. He noticed that there was now another opening in the opposite rock-face. Dean rolled his eyes, not wanting to play their games just yet. Wishing his Nephilim powers were not fluctuating. Then maybe Hell’s demons would think twice about tormenting him.

 

After sustenance and rest, he went on his way, squeezing through the narrow gap in the rock, huffing and puffing. Making certain no little creatures were on the walls to produce a nibble. Where it was light in the last sandy cave here, it was shades of black and white; the shadows were unnerving.

 

Dean trudged along the rocky passage. Shafts of light puddled the cavern floor, shooting shadows off the walls. Dean stayed in the bright spots, not trusting the inconspicuous dark. Out of the corner of his eye, there was a shimmer, a shape, when he twisted his head it had gone.

 

Great, now I’m seeing things.’ he thought to himself.

 

XxXxXxXxX

 

Castiel’s palms felt sticky; he had memorised most of the tunnels, so knew which direction they should head. They arrived at a fork where the tunnels split, and they paused. Dean looked back at him with bashful contemplation on his slightly dirty face.

 

“This way, darling angel.” His green eyes dance with something Castiel could not identify right at that moment.

 

“No, Dean, we have to take the right tunnel, that will lead us to the human Hell. I have no inkling where the left tunnel will lead us.”

 

“Castiel, trust me, I have found a quicker, safer route.” Dean sing-songed in a relatively playful tone.

 

Castiel backed up slightly. This creature was not his Dean. The angel gave it a once over, and there it was, invisible to the naked eye, in the creature’s heart a lump of burning coal.

 

XXxxxXxxXxx

 

Dean felt something touch him on the shoulder; his heart thumped quicker, adrenaline buzzing through his veins. “Who’s there?” he hollered, searching around but finding no answers. An evil cackle rang out; it echoed off the walls. Then Dean saw, from the corner of his eye, a flickering dark, human silhouette.

 

“What are you? What do you want from me?” Dean shouted, exacerbated, fed up with the games.

 

“We are the shadows that haunt your nightmares, Nephilim. We are dark. We are shadows in the daylight. You cannot elude us.” the creature said with a heavy accent. Dean hardly understood it. It sounded like there was more than one creature talking, which stumped the Omega.

 

“You did not answer my question. What do you want with me?” Dean asked again, irritation showing in his voice.

 

“We have been told to keep you entertained, but we will show you the truth. Your friends and mate do not want you. They have left you down here to rot.” the laughter that echoed around the chamber made Dean shiver, a chill racing up his spine.

 

“They would never leave me; I don’t believe you.”

 

“We will show you.” We will show you.” came the eerie reply.

 

A portal opened into the cavern wall nearest to him. Dean yelped in surprise and stepped back into the dark spots. Dean grasped the forgotten chain around his neck and pulled it out, just needing something to hold. Mertha, his friend, had given that to him a tangible reminder that his friends were with him. The portal was his size; it reached from the bottom to the top of the cave; the width was one and a half of him, he would say. It was like looking into the carp pool back at the agency. The picture rippled like the waves of the pond when a fish darted up to feed. Around the edges were golds and reds, flickering in and out. He wondered if they were hot; it felt warmer in the cave.

 

Dean examined the portal and saw his mate lying in the grass on what looked like a mountainside. Surrounded by angels. And was that Charlie? Dean, daring to tiptoe forward, noticed a couple of incorrect details in the picture. Number one, they were in the middle of a war, and no way would his angel sit around laughing and joking amid a field. Two Castiel always wore his bee socks on such occasions and three Charlie had red hair, not brown. Dean knew instantly these creatures had no clue what his friends looked like.

 

“We told you, Dean. We told you.” the shadows laughed in childish glee.

 

“You did. But I believe in my mate, I believe in my friends, they would not abandon me.” Dean told the shadows firmly.

 

The shadows hissed, and he saw them move out of the corner of his eye. “They do not care. They have long left the chamber of Hell.” The many voices raised in anger.

 

Dean still had his hand around the talisman; it felt warm in his hand. He glanced down; it emitted a soft glow, so he let it hang, and the light became brighter. Dean smiled. Yes, he thought, my friends always have my back.

 

“No, light, take it away.” the creatures cried out in pain. “We won’t let you leave, Dean; we have trapped you forever.”

 

Dean stared at the portal and backed up a little. “No, I’m leaping in faith.” He ran and jumped through the portal, and all he heard were shouts of rage from the shadow people.

 

XxXxXxXx

 

Castiel heard a joyous cry, and out of the tunnel ran Charlie straight into him.

 

“Cas, so overjoyed to see you. I got split from the group.” the redhead declared, hugging her friend.

 

The angel hugged her, trying to turn her away from the creature that looked like his mate.

 

“Dean, thank Chuck Cas found you.” Charlie tried to break from Castiel’s hold.

 

“That’s not Dean love; it’s an Ignis Fatuss.”

 

Charlie scrunched her nose. “A what now?”

 

“Known in folk law and mythology as Will-o’-the-wisp.”

 

“Oh, yeah, that’s not good.” she shook her head and stared at the creature inhabiting her friend’s face.

 

“It’s been trying to lead me astray; I knew something was not right. Dean was not shy, nor would he call me sweetheart. They do not treat their Omegas well down here. They forget others treat them better. I knew it was not my Dean, from how it acted around me.”

 

The creature rolled his eyes and clapped its hands, turning gradually into its pure form. It was a wispy white shape, with its hot red coal near its heart. It pulsed, and its light became brighter.

 

“Turn away Charlie, it’s trying to pull you under its spell,” Castiel told his friend.

 

Charlie closed her eyes. Castiel knew only one way to kill a Wisp. They were spirits cast out of Heaven and Hell for being unclean. Spent eternity wondering about the earthly planes. So, it astonished him to find one this deep underground. Castiel got his bayonet out and cut his wrist, letting his grace flow out. Tainting his sword, he whispered to Charlie.

 

“Do you know the angel's creed?”

 

“Yeah.” The Omega nodded.

 

“Recite it at the top of your lungs. I will kill it, Ok, start.”

 

Charlie recited it; she had learnt it off by heart at the agency.

 

“With wings that guide us, the warrior of all.

We fight for truth and justice. To protect Gods, creation.

Hear our angelic cry, fall to your knees in fear.

Be humble, and proud that the race of angel is near.

We are one brother and sister. We are one blade.

We fight for truth and justice in the holy father’s name.”

 

“Keep going, Charlie,” Castiel shouted as the Wisp tried to dodge his blade and put him under his wicked spell.

 

Stumbling on some words, Charlie grew louder. Her back to the creature, mindful of Castiel’s warning. Castiel had crept around to block off the entrance to the left cave, the one the beast wanted them to wander down. It hovered an inch off the floor, the pulsing light so bright it almost blinded the angel. Castiel thrust the sword into the creature, and it blinked like a faulty light switch.

 

“Keep going, Charlie. These things are unholy, and that prayer will help me kill it.”

 

The Wisp hummed a methodical tune, trying to reach the human Omega. Charlie clamped her hands over her ears and shouted the prayer at the top of her voice.

 

“Nice try,” growled Castiel. The angel aimed his trusty sword with his grace into the glowing coal, into the heart of the creature.

 

A loud howl rang out, the light flickered and buzzed; the creature was turning, twisting. It sank downwards into the floor. It shrank before Castiel’s very eyes; he stabbed at it again. “That’s for taking the face of my mate.”

 

The lights went out, and nothing remained of the creature but a wet puddle on the floor and a lump of burnt-out coal. Castiel crushed it with his boot. He walked over to Charlie and tapped her on the shoulder, making her jump three feet high.

 

“Sorry, you can stop now. It’s dead.”

 

Her breathing was slightly laboured, but she nodded. “Thank the lord. Now we need to find Dean and the others.”

 

“Let us go back the way you came. I don’t want to go the way; it was trying to take me.” Castiel shuddered at the mere thought.

 

“No, you’re right. Let’s retrace my steps.”

 

They ambled side by side, Charlie telling Castiel what had happened to Dean, and the tentacle monster, Harry and Kate, and how she had got separated. “I needed to stop for a break, but when I got back, they had gone. I knew they would never leave me. I knew this place was playing tricks.”

 

“Yes, they do separate people and play mind games. It happens to the best of us.” Castiel reassured his friend.

 

They must have been walking for about ten minutes when it happened. A portal opened, shocking the angel and his companion. Out fell Dean on top of Castiel. Charlie shrieked and landed on her backside.

 

“Hey, Cas, fancy meeting you here.” Dean grinned, looking between his angel and best friend.

 

Charlie chuckled. “Well, at least we know it’s him this time, Castiel.”

 

“That we do.” Castiel laughed and hugged Dean tight, kissing his forehead. “I have missed you, darling boy.”

 

“I missed you, Cas.” Dean sighed and hugged his mate back with force.

 

“Now, come and sit and tell us about your adventures. We need a rest; it looks like you do to?”

 

“Yeah, I could eat and drink.” Dean agreed with his angel on the matter.

 

Charlie nodded, agreeing with that assessment. Glad her friend was okay and wanting the gossip, knowing it would be good.

 

Dean sat between Castiel and Charlie, munching a protein bar and a fruit bag. Sipping water between bites, telling them about mirroring Dean and the shadow people. Castiel squeezed Dean’s leg, offering his mate comfort when Dean got to the part about the noose, but did not interrupt by letting the boy continue.

 

“You’re so courageous, Dean.” Charlie grinned at her best friend.

 

Dean blushed, not liking the attention on him. He coughed, clearing his throat. “So, what happened to you guys?”

 

Sometime later, they started walking again and followed Castiel’s lead; he knew most of the tunnels and paths. Had the maps memorised in his photographic angelic brain? The two Omegas grew tired, and Castiel knew he would have to make camp soon.

 

“What’s that noise?” whispered Charlie, who was frowning.

 

“It sounds like people talking.”

 

“Stay back, both of you,” Castiel commanded, putting his arm out to make the Omegas stop in their tracks. The cave system took a sharp curve just then, and they could not see around it.

 

“I will investigate. If I am not back or you hear anything untoward, get out of here.”

 

“I’m not leaving you, Cas.” Dean hissed through his teeth.

 

Castiel turned red eyes on to his mate. His Alpha voice was leaking out slightly. “You will do what I tell you. Flee if I’m not back.”

 

Dean sulked, not liking the order. He nodded his head begrudgingly but did not say a word. If he did not commit to keeping away, he would not be breaking a promise if he needed to rescue his mate. Dean was not leaving Castiel alone to defend himself, thank you very much.

 

Castiel drew his trusty sword out and crept forward; whoever they were, they were not quiet. It made the angel sure it was the enemy. He tuned into their conversations and rolled his eyes, and put the sword back into its leather home. Castiel walked up behind his garrison. Looking around, he could see Beta had joined up with Zeta. They had not noticed him stood there, with his arms folded. Clearing his throat, his eyes were still red in protective mode.

 

Angels turned around, some going for their blades, but relaxed when they spotted their commander. Anna, his third in command, came running up, genuine concern about her mate. He wanted to waylay the worry, but it pissed him off. Raising a hand, he moved forward, ignoring his sisters’ indignant prattle about Charlie.

 

“I have stood here and none noticed me. I could have been the enemy. How can you let your guard down in the beast’s lair? I am ashamed of all of you. I trained you all better than this. You need all your senses attuned to every noise, every situation. I made the mistake of touching something I should not have; I paid for that. Always be alert. Never let your guard down, not even for a millisecond.”

 

Castiel turned back around the corner and told the two Omegas to approach. Anna squealed when she saw Charlie and hugged her, glad to have her mate back in her arms once more.

 

Dean stood by Castiel, still a little put out by the earlier interaction. The angel pulled him in and held him. “I’m always going to look out for you, baby boy. Get used to it.” The angel whispered tenderly into his mate's ear. Dean huffed but melted into the embrace, glad to have his angel back.

Notes:

Thanks for your love and support. I have this for you. Now I just need more sleep, that's all I do most days. Sleep is good.

I grew up with the tale of the Wisp in my small village in the middle of England. Its a thing, every kid knew about it.

Chapter 48: Fate and fortune.

Summary:

Dean meets John and tries to battle past him one last time. Castiel ends up being stunned by a Fate but will he be saved in time? Read on to find out what happens to our heroes.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Castiel was glad for the larger garrison as they entered human Hell. The cries and screams of the damned cried out in abhorrent horror. Their deep-rooted sorrow filled the angels’ and Omegas’ heads, with forlorn pictures of the damned souls. This part of hell was hot; flames shimmered on the cave walls, sweat dripped off them in pools. Castiel made certain the Omegas drank enough, not wanting them to grow dehydrated.

 

Shortly after they entered, Castiel held his hand up, wanting to regroup. “Anna, take the Beta garrison. Kedi, take your team into the tunnels, but leave Adam, Joe, Charlie, and Dean with me. Flynn and Sandy go with Kedi. Okay, be safe.” The Omegas nodded, not looking happy but following orders.

 

“Anna, part of your team, search the tunnels, half stay with me. We need cover in case we meet any demons or the fates.”

 

“Yes, commander.” Anna delegated the troops, and half Beta and Zeta left, going into the tunnels.

 

Castiel tried to contact Madan, but still nothing from Kappa garrison; it disturbed the angel with the radio silence. Not wanting to show such disharmony, he plastered a smile on his face, turning to his smaller faction. “We know where the room is, so that’s our goal. Both myself and Dean will require a guard. We must reach those stones, no matter what, and put an end to this war. They will come to us; there are no doubts there.”

 

“We have your back, commander.” Gzrel chanted, with her angel blade held high in the air. The others followed her example, and they bowed their heads in respect.

 

“Excellent, now keep all your senses open. This will be a rocky ride. We have heaven and earth resting on our shoulders. I can’t stress how important this battle is.”

 

Castiel bowed his head and placed his hand over his heart. “In his name.” the others repeated the blessing and followed the angels’ footsteps — Dean by his side as they penetrated the narrow passageways of human Hell.

 

The corridors reeked of sulphur, blood, and bodily fluids, so foul the Omegas found it hard to breathe. Side by side, row by row, they encountered open cage doors. Empty chains hung, dangling against filthy mud-caked walls.

 

“They let them all out,” Charlie whispered in shock.

 

Further up, they arrived at a large hall. It had another entrance to the back. It was enclosed in oak panelling, making it dark and dank. The enemy was waiting, creatures of every description imaginable. There were monsters with one eye, some with more thin and fat — horns that curled wickedly on their heads. A fire gleamed in their eye sockets, some with faces missing, grubs eating flesh. Others had hands, others had hoofs, the same went for their feet. Their teeth were sharp as raisers, laughing at their prey. Others even had wings, but they were spindly and made of bone.

 

Castiel’s eyes narrowed, his grace dashing forward. The angel pushing the Omegas and Dean to the middle of the group. ‘Protect.’ Castiel whispered through the angel radio. Dean dug his angel blade out for safe measure; the battle was imminent. The angels surged upon the foul hell beasts. Dean saw others near the entrance—they had just arrived. The Omega pulled some team members back and fought the humans before they could get at his garrison.

 

They ended up in the long narrow corridors fighting, slashing, maiming the humans that have such twisted souls they don’t care if they kill anyone. Hell recruited them. Dean hears a scream ring out, and he turns—a human had Charlie cornered, so he doubles back and stabs it with an angel blade. The blackened shell of the individual cries out and perishes in a puff of black smoke.

 

“You okay, Red?” Dean asks his best friend.

 

“Yeah, thanks to you.”

 

An arm reaches for him, Dean hustles it away. “So, we meet again, son?”

 

Dean stops and closes his eyes for a second and turns. No, other than John Winchester stands before him with a team of humans at his disposal. He should have known the object he formerly knew as dad would work for Hell. Dean’s heart rate spikes a little, his fingers going slightly clammy around his blade. He flexes his fingers for a steadier hold but never takes his jade green eyes off the man.

 

“I expected you would have been dead by now, someone as incompetent as you. Just plain luck.” John cackles like the manic madman. He is finding everything he says hilarious.

 

Dean stands with his arms at his side, his stance wide, poised like a coiled spring ready to strike at any moment. Charlie, Adam, and Joe stand behind him, much like the other angels that followed.

 

Meanwhile, back in the enormous room, Castiel and the rest of the garrison are fighting the Hell beasts. A figure in a blood-red dress steps forward in the disharmonious racket of the fighting creatures. She clicks her fingers. The creatures all stop.

 

The woman is tall, somewhat taller than Castiel himself. Her fingernails are ruby red, so are her crimson red lips. She screams predator. If Castiel did not know who she was, he would think of succubus right about now. Her golden sheets of hair hang loosely over her slender shoulders. Thin arms and fingers are tapping an unfamiliar melody on her slender hips. Castiel knows at once who she is—one of the Fates. For on her shoulder she holds a bag of string that coils around her—the rope that can end someone’s world.

 

“Castiel, we meet at last.” Her eyes are blue, like the sea on a blustery day.

 

“I guess, we do. What is it you want with me?” Castiel growled out.

 

“Now, now, commander, no need to be rude. We are civil creatures, unlike most here.” The fate scrunches her nose up as she looks around at the Hell beasts at her back.

 

Castiel raises an eyebrow, still holding on to his weapon, his angel blade never far from his mind. “What do you want from me and my mate?” Castiel asks again, not playing her game.

 

“You are overly close to an object we guard. I assume you know what it is, commander; you are far from stupid. You will never reach it. We have a meagre gift for Dean, its waiting for him.”

 

“You sent John?” laughs Castiel, his entire frame shaking with mirth. “That won’t work, not now, not anymore.”

 

Castiel closes his mind for a split-second, letting her babble on. Knowing their link was now open. He can hear Dean scream his dad’s name over and over.

 

(“I’m here for you Dean, remember you are strong, we love you. He can’t hurt you anymore. I love you, sweetheart, always remember that.”)

 

(“I love you to my angel, more than you will ever know.”)

 

“We will see about that, won’t we?” The woman narrowed her eyes and strode forward, speculating if the angel was listening to her. She would make him regret that. “I have a greater army at my disposal. You will not win, angel, you will perish here. Is that what you wish? To lie with this filth? Not to die with the mighty of your fallen brethren?”

 

“Where ever I fall, those that follow will be proud of me. I will not give up the fight until the Heavens and Earth are clean with the scourge of Hell that defile Gods own creation. Creatures like you that mess with the universal balance. You decide to change time, the path of the future to your whims, but that’s not how it works.”

 

“My sister and I won’t let you interrupt our plans. We demand a planet free of humanity. We want the world and the Heavens for ourselves.”

 

The fate screaked with rage, her blood-red nails sinking into her thighs. She raised her hand and time stopped. The angels and hell beasts became captured in a slow-motion bubble. The fate pushes Castiel onto the floor; he has no hope of avoiding her. He was under a spell. The angel could not fight back, had no time to reach for his sword or blade. Grinning with unmerciful glee, the fate grabbed Castiel’s angel blade and struggles to stab him, but the Fate stumbles, her eyes going comically wide.

 

“How?” she choked for breath. Closing her eyes, her chest grew still, her body turning to cherry blossom that wafted over the hell beasts. They screeched in torment and scrambled out of the cave. Some angels followed, slaying the easy spoils.

 

“Hey commander, it sounded like you needed help.” Joe grinned, putting his weapon away.

 

Castiel blinked up and saw the Omega who had saved him. “Yes, thank you.” Castiel frowned. ‘How had Joe not been affected by the spell?’ Castiel stood, but he felt a spike of horror from Dean. “Dean, we need to get to him.”

 

So, they ran and requested back-up, retracing their steps. No time for delay, no time to reflect on the aftermaths of their actions.

 

XxXxXxX

 

Dean felt the link for the first time since he had come down to Hell. He hears his mate. (“I’m here for you Dean, remember you are strong, we love you. He can’t hurt you anymore. I love you, sweetheart, always remember that.”)

 

Dean never realised his brain was shrieking his dads, name, that his mate could hear him loud and clear. Dean relaxed, glad that he had his angels’ support. Castiel made him seem safe, made him realise he could achieve anything he wanted. Castiel gave him wings to fly.

 

(“I love you to my angel, more than you will ever know.”)

 

Dean peered around and saw his friends. “Charlie, Adam, stand behind me,” Dean yelled. No time to worry about where Joe had gone.

 

“That’s right, Dean, hide your little friends.”

 

Felice pushed her way forward. “I suggest you back down now.” The angel growled, her eyes aflame with grace. 

 

“Or what angel?” John laughed cockily. “Little birdie going to stab me?”

 

Dean could see John held something in his hands. Was that holy oil? (When lit, an angel could not get out of the fire, but it could still burn an angel in liquid form.)

 

 Pulling the angel back by her tunic, he shouted his warning. “No, he has holy oil. Let’s wait for the commander.”

 

“He’s busy, Dean.” huffed the angel

 

“I feel him; he will soon be here.”

 

“Where did Joe go?” asked Adam, who was looking around him.

 

“I do not know; I never saw him leave.” Charlie glanced around, puzzled, as if her friend would just appear.

 

“Come over here Dean, let me finish this, let me end your miserable existence,” shouted John with malice in his black eyes.

 

There was a scuffle of movement from behind them; he felt a warm hand on his back. There he found a furious Alpha angel in full protection mode stood a little in front of him.

 

“Cas is in smite mode.” Charlie giggled, even though the air was tense. Joe and Adam rolled their eyes in fondness for their fellow sister.

 

“Joe, you're back!” squealed Charlie, hugging the Omega.

 

John ignored the raucous and focused on the angel in front of him. “So, we meet again. You did me out of money for this sad sack of shit.” spat John in repulsion.

 

“Cas, he has holy oil,” Dean told his mate.

 

Castiel narrowed his eyes, taking the comment on board, but knew that nothing could harm him. The angel’s grace was still humming at the surface of his skin, itching to come forth. “You brought this on yourself, John. I remember clearly saying at the time of our first meeting. If you ever and I mean ever, and I will live for a long time. Touch a hair on Dean’s head. I will kill you. I see your evil imprint on what’s mine. Before, Dean was not my mate now he is. I will kill you.”

 

“You don’t own him, angel, I do.” snorted John, shaking his head. “He’s mine, always will be. Deans are useless, a sad sack of nothing.”

 

Castiel moved his hand swiftly to his sword, and his blade popped out from his grace. Fingers were twitching to end this miserable demon's life. A rumbled growl started low in his chest. How dare he speak of his Dean in such derogatory terms?

 

“You have no clue, do you? Dean is mine, just as I am Deans. I will not tell you about him because you will never see what an amazing person he is and its wasted breath on you. He has people who love him, and that’s all that matters. You are a disgrace, nothing. Dirt under my boot. I can’t wait to wipe your snivelling existence off the face of this planet.”

 

“I would like to see you try, angel.” John chuckled, not at all anxious that the angel was now glowing with blue, white grace. The humans behind him took one look at each other and ran. The angels behind Castiel swept past, giving chase.

 

“Turn and close your eyes, Omegas,” Castiel warned in his gruff authoritarian voice.

 

Dean turned and pulled Joe, Adam, and Charlie into him. They hid their faces in each other’s shoulders. Holding on to each other tightly for support and comfort.

 

“Aww, such a good boy doing what he’s told. You have him trained well, angel. Little shit never did what I told him.”

 

Castiel strode to his target purposely. “Maybe if you gave him love and understanding as I do, let him make mistakes, let him live his own life he would have done.”

 

John sniggered. The demon had heard nothing so ridiculous in his life. “You can’t hurt me, angel.” John snidely replied. “It will condemn you to Hell. I heard your brothers say as much when I was in jail.”

 

“Like I divulged before Dean’s my mate. He’s also underaged. In our law, I may fight against anyone that would harm him. So, I have what you humans say, ‘A get out of jail free card.’”

 

Castiel smirked, now seeing the realisation on John's face; he also realised his team had left him. Like all bullies, they were cowards when they were on their own.

 

“We can talk about this angel, come to some agreement?” John begged for mercy but found none in the angel’s blue eyes.

 

“I think not John. Dean forgave you, yet you still treat him like this.” Castiel was growling louder, like thunder. He stalked John like a tiger stalking its prey. “You will end your reign of terror; you will cease to exist on any plane of existence. You’re a vile plague, I dislike you,” growled Castiel, who picked the man up, lifting him so high his head scraped the cave ceiling.

 

“Let me down, we- we can talk.” John babbled, limbs kicking out, trying to get himself free.

 

Castiel smirked, his lips thinned, his long fingers gracefully holding John tight. Bringing him slowly down, placing his other hand over John's head. Castiel’s halos sang out, the music so loud it rocked the cave walls, his feet planted firmly on the ground. Castiel could see and hear John’s screams. The monster’s ears bled. The wrath of an angel smiting and, by Chuck, this thing he held in his holy hands was evil. He felt it in every core of his body.

 

The bottle of oil fell to the ground, but it did not hurt the angel. Castiel could feel the black ooze from John try to seep into him. It tried to invade his very grace. But Castiel was far too strong, was a hardened warrior, was like a God himself. Castiel let out a chilling laugh at the evil’s last try to gain ground. Then Castiel ended his miserable existence, and pressed harder on its head, and turned it to dust. The zap of light imploded, and a flash lit up the cave as the light sucked back into Castiel’s hands. And then there was nothing.

 

The angel strode over to the Omega pile and stroked Dean’s hair. “It’s over now; you can all come out.”

 

Green eyes peered up at the angel beseechingly. “He’s gone? He’s really gone?”

 

Castiel was not sure if Dean was pleased, or saddened, about his dad. Emotions were still not natural for the angel to understand. “I-I smote him; he’s gone.” Castiel suddenly had an armful of Omega trembling in his arms.

 

“Thank you, thank you Cas.” Dean sniffed, kissing his angel on the cheek. The Omega looked around and turned red. “Whoops, sorry commander.”

 

Castiel smiled and stroked his boy’s cheek and kissed him chastely. “It’s okay, no one saw.”

 

“I saw nothing.” Charlie piped up.

 

“Nope. Just some badass smiting was going on.” grinned Joe.

 

Clearing of throats behind him, Castiel turned. “Commander, we sorted the humans out. There is none left, but more will return. We better start heading toward the stone room.”

 

“Yes, you’re correct. Let’s get going.” Castiel nodded his head in agreement. Castiel winked at Dean and straighten himself out, getting back into his commander mindset.

 

They all marched down the corridor, all on full alert now, to anything the demons could or would throw at them.

Notes:

He's one I made earlier. Enjoy. Again thanks for your awesome comments. Night talk again soon x Much love x

Chapter 49: Hostile takeover.

Summary:

Fate traps them in the stone room. Charlie figures out what's going on and sends Adam and Joe to help. Dean is trapped on a wall and Castiel is under the wicked Fates spell. Will our heroes get free?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

They hiked for what seemed like hours; the Omegas growing weary, but the angels did not waver in their march to the room. Replenishing water—for the furious fires made them thirsty. Taking in nutrition while they could—in the nuts and fruits that were in their wrist bags. Everyone was anxious. No one spoke. All they could hear was the scrape and clip of feet along the narrow stone corridors.

 

Suddenly Castiel called out, raising his hand aloft; he was leading the parliament of angels and Omegas. They all remained still, waiting for the commander to speak.

 

“This is it, the room that they stored the stone.” Castiel’s eyebrows furrowed. “It was a little too easy to get here. Be on your guard.”

 

Castiel and the other angels went with Dean, Adam, Charlie, and Joe as they swept forward and entered the room.

 

Charlie pulled Joe into a room just off the other, noticing it was full of books. “What are you doing?” hissed Joe, keeping his voice down, glancing around in case someone or something was watching or could hear them.

 

“Tell me where you got to Joe, I need to know?” the red-haired Omega asked, picking up a dusty book from a shelf near her.

 

“I had the strangest feeling come over me, so I went back into the other room. Everyone, creature, was still. None moved, but I could feel their gaze upon me. Then I noticed this woman; she was going to stab the commander, so I ran and stabbed her. We never got to talk about it.” Joe shrugged.

 

“Okay,” Charlie muttered, more to herself than Joe. Her green eyes seem to sparkle with recognition. Looking at the book, she thumbed through it, gears in her head-turning. “Joe, stand guard. I need to read this, but I have an idea about what’s going on.”

 

“Sure sister, no one will get past me.” Joe turned and came face to face with an angel.

 

“Nor me,” smirked Gzrel. “Do your thing, little Omega. We have your back.”

 

Both Joe and Gzrel stood at the entrance to the small library and guarded Charlie.

 

Dean noticed that Joe and Charlie had gone into the separate room, but left them to it. He wanted to inspect this one. It was circular; the floor was a smooth marble, in a mottle burnt orange and cream. There were markings of north, east, south, and west, like a compass. In the middle sat a chestnut oak wooden table with four ordinary chairs around it. Dean walked closer and spotted a map of the Earth and the constellations upon the table. A model of a schooner sat in a glass bottle, along with a golden sextant.

 

Moving over to the north wall was an ancient telescope, but the sun sparkled brightly at the window, and he had to cover his eyes. Again, this startled the Omega as it had in the mirror room. There was a gentle breeze blowing white net curtains, but there was no glass in the windows.

 

“I don’t get this. How come it looks like the day?”

 

“It’s an illusion, love, to wreck with your head. They can give with one hand and take away with the next.” Castiel answered, exploring the room himself.

 

Dean returned to his meticulous observations of the room. He observed two odd circles encasing the room. The Omega traced one all the way back to the stone, which pointed to the west. The arrow was marking its intended target. The other was still on the south, the entrance to the approach they had just come. One depicted all the Earth, from humanity, mountains, and various animals — the other described planets, stars, and galaxies.

 

Dean scratched his head and studied the stone; it was only half visible. The smaller handprint was clearly on display. Looking down again, he wondered if this was a lock that operated the stone, and if it was, how could they open it? The circle that represented the Earth locked into place. But how did that happen? Dean groaned. This was giving him a headache.

 

XxXxXx

 

Adam strode into the book room where his fellow Omegas were hiding, wondering what they were doing.

 

“What’s going on, guys?”

 

“Hush.” Charlie’s large brains at work. We are guarding her.” Joe explained to his friend.

 

Charlie suddenly jumped up and did a tiny dance. “I have it. Castiel told us many times that Omegas were not treated great down here. Well, it’s the same on Earth. It’s only in Heaven where the story is different.”

 

“That much is true,” Adam announced.

 

Charlie nodded, holding tight to the book, excitement alive in her emerald eyes. “You know Chuck, gave us free-will, the Fates exploited that. Every time Chuck did a re-start, they would poison the minds of the Alphas and Betas. Hell already had a poor reputation. Lucifer tried his best, but it was never enough—sadly. Chuck cannot have a re-start this time, because the fates went too far. They did not give the humans or everybody in Hell the free will to live their lives. They imprisoned people. Tipping the balance, making the world so sick, war, crime, famine — could continue on.”

 

“So, you’re saying the scales have tipped to evil?” Gzrel murmured, looking astounded.

 

“Yes, exactly, and they must tip back. That’s how the universe works. Good and bad must balance. No one should have more than another. The Fates ignored Omegas; they loathed them, thought them weak. We are the birthmothers, creatures of all life. That is why angels adored us and kept us safe, worship us.”

 

Joe laughed out, coming to a swift realisation. “That’s why Fate’s spell could not touch me. I mean, fates are immortal, but I killed her.” 

 

“Yes Joe, so you and Adam — not me. I’m more for the books.” Charlie grinned happily not to wield a sword if she did not have to. “You and Adam must kill the one last Fate. I know she’s coming. Cas and Dean must end this, but you two can kill her.”

 

Adam glanced at Joe and nodded. “We can finish this, brother.” Joe held out his fist, and Adam bumped it.

 

“Come on, let’s leave before the big bad comes,” Adam told his friend, wanting to protect his family the best he could.

 

Just as Joe and Adam walked out of the library, iron bars slid down, trapping Charlie and Gzrel.

 

Dean turned around at the abrupt commotion and heard the cry of fear from his friends. Adam and Joe tried in vain to pull at the bars, but it was no good they were trapped. Castiel came over, but just as he was going to speak, they heard the thunder of running feet.

 

“Commander, don’t let the Nephilim out of the room.” the room suddenly lit up, sigils on the wall, went bright yellow. “Again, yourself commander, that was your sigil. You are both trapped. We can spell yours off, but Dean, it can harm him.”

 

“Madan, it’s great to see you, brother. It worried me.”

 

“I have been helping Lucifer’s garrison to the topside. He’s hurt Commander—his wing, but he’s okay.”

 

Castiel curtly nodded. “The other archangels, have you any news?”

 

“No brother, that I have not.” Madan shakes his head sadly.

 

“Why can’t I leave the room? What’s going on, Cas?” forgetting all protocol, Dean just wanted the truth.

 

“Little Omega, do you know the story in the bible of Nephilim of old?” Madan spoke to Dean, his brown eyes watchful.

 

“A little,” Dean answered truthfully.

 

“Well, it was a sheer fabrication. It was people who feared them; they wrote that rubbish. People that day never grew over five feet one. You are what, nearly six feet? You would have been a giant to them.”

 

“So that’s how the story’s like Jack and the beanstalk came to fruition?”

 

Madan nodded. “Yes, but they, like you, are not wicked. They were persecuted because they were different. Their angel family had a challenging time hiding them and called to the Lord for help. He took them and gave them a better home.”

 

“Good, I’m glad. But what has that got to do with this room?” Dean looked around the doorway but saw nothing suspicious.

 

“Before the Lord could help, the wise woman, the wickedest fate of them all. They used to be four, but now there are two.”

 

“One.” coughed Castiel, smirking at the other angel.

 

Madan raised his eyebrows and carried on with his tail. “One, but she was the Alpha, the one that sired her sisters. She carries no heart; it turned to stone. The fate made a spell so all Nephilim would perish. If you stepped out of this room, it would rip your human soul from your body, making you a monster. That would be your punishment, and we would have to…”

 

“No,” shouted Castiel, “No, one touches my mate, or they answer to me.” Castiel’s eyes were aflame with fury. His angel blade slipping out of his forearm, called forth by his rage. 

 

Madan bowed down. “I would let no harm happened to any Omega in my care commander. I was telling the truth. Dean, you must kill her. It is the only way to break her spell.”

 

Dean rubbed at his eyes, tiredly wishing all this could be over, and he could sleep in his comfortable bed. “How do you kill an immortal being?”

 

“You don’t.” Came a manic cackle from behind them. They turned and saw the Alpha stood by the north wall blocking the light from the window.

 

Castiel moved Dean closer to the sidewall away from the door in case she tried anything. There were ten angels in all stood in the room. The Fate lifted her hands, and they all shot through the door, and iron bars slid in place.

 

“We won’t be needing those now, will we? My name’s Mallory. You will address me with my name.”

 

Castiel snorted, but held on to Dean tighter; the Omega looked at his Alpha with bewilderment.

 

“Find me funny, do you angel?” spat the Fate. “I have your life in my hands.” 

 

Mallory picked up along twine of string from her bag, and pulled it, leering at the mated pair by the wall. Her long silvery hair hung loosely, kissing her shoulders. The creature’s powder-white face, stark with her black lips, and diamond silver eyes. She wore an ankle-length black dress with a thick brown belt around her waist, with the infinity symbol entwined into it. Dean became mesmerised at how her eyes sparkled and caught the light in the bright room.

 

(‘Don’t look, darling boy, you could fall deep under her spell.’) Came the warning down their shared link. Dean blinked rapidly and rubbed at his smarting eyes again, looking away.

 

Mallory stalked closer, tapping her black fingernails onto the table. Castiel narrowed his grace fuelled azure eyes and met her in a head-on challenge. Dean saw Joe and Adam skirt around the edge of the room, but the Fate took no notice of them.

 

Dean glanced between the two Alphas nervously; his gaze kept resting on the black stone, something was pulling him towards it. Dean blinked over at Charlie and Gzrel in the little room as they waved, but he could not hear them. He looked at the battalion, trying to work the bars free, but he knew it would be of no use. It was two humans, one Nephilim and one angel against the Fate of the world.

 

Dean tiptoed towards the stone and placed his hand firmly upon it. His angel and Mallory had a stare-off, so he did what felt right. Suddenly, he was transported to a faraway destination.

 

Two people stood on the precipice of a cliff face, looking down over a larger expanse of land. Rainbows and waterfalls, animals, birds, and humans were living in harmony. The sun was setting, orange, pinks, and yellows, painted across the sky. The two people stood hand in hand, silhouetted against the backdrop. He could tell they were at peace, happy in love, calm even. From that point on, Dean knew they would win.

 

Dean blinked his eyes open and took his hand off the stone, mesmerised.

 

“Omega, what did you see?” screamed the Fate.

 

“N-Nothing.” he lied.

 

Suddenly the table and chairs smashed against the east wall, and Castiel stumbled forward. He landed with a thump on the marble floor. Mallory grabbed his hair and kicked him in the stomach.

 

“Cas, no,” Dean yelled out. Mallory chuckled and moved her hand, and he flew at the wall, breaking the plaster. He could not move, she had immobilised him. Her diamond eyes glinted with indefatigable glee. Castiel was still down for the count. She stomped on his hand with ten-inch black pointed heels and laughed aloud.

 

Castiel cried out in pain. “I will kill you, make you suffer.”

 

Mallory smirked and shook her head. “It’s so much fun when my plans work. I have immeasurable patience, well one must when time is in the balance. I’m sorry, Castiel truly, you’re a nice angel, but you’re just a pawn in this tragedy. Look at little Juliet over there. Such parting breaks one’s heart—if they had one.”

 

Mallory pulled Castiel to a sitting position, her back to the north wall. “Shame, you're cute. What pretty eyes you have.” The fate took an angel blade from around her brown belt. “Say goodbye to your love, Castiel.” she giggled in childish glee.

 

“Cas no. Please take me.” Pleaded Dean, trying to break free.

 

Mallory scanned the Omega. “I can’t Castiel’s the only one that’s not completed his task: the one that can end it all. You’ve done all four, highly commended for a little Omega. Never mind a filthy Nephilim.”

 

“Dean, it’s okay. I will always love you. Never forget.” rasped the angel bravely in front of his adversary.

 

“So, touching, but this ends now.” Her eyes lit up, diamonds twinkling, catching Castiel’s attention, and he went still, lost in her enchanting gaze. The Fate lifted the blade, and with all her might drilled it into the angel’s heart.

Notes:

Before you shout, the next chapter is coming. Remember there is no MCD in this story, I love our boys just nope. I could never go there.

Thank you for your love, comments and support. Always x

Chapter 50: Love in your every kiss.

Summary:

What happened to Castiel? Will, they beat Mallory? Will good, win over evil? Read on to find out.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Nooooooooooo,” Dean screamed, tears rolling down his freckled cheeks, struggling to get free but failing badly.

 

“What!” spluttered Mallory, peering down at Castiel. “This, this can’t be happening.”

 

Stormy blue eyes, like a tornado, glanced up at the fate. Castiel pulled the blade out of his chest and tossed it away. It clanked somewhere onto the marble floor in front of him.

 

“I don’t understand? You should be dead,” she screamed, going insane.

 

Dean sniffed, and he stared at his angel. He was okay, thank all the Heavens, his mate was safe.

 

“You never got it, did you, Mallory? The bond between myself and Dean. I gave Dean his wings. That is how he defeated all your little tests. You cannot kill me because his love sustains me. From the inception of time until we are just mere atoms, I will always, unequivocally, love Dean Arron Winchester. My heart belongs to him.” The angel saw the fates’ eyes dart to his mate, but he stopped her in her tracks. “You can’t kill him like I said. It works both ways. You lose.”

 

“No, this is not real. Love.” Spittle ran down her face, “Love can’t beat me, love is nothing. It’s a chemical reaction.”

 

“Love is heartbreak, sadness, miscommunication. But, oh, love is joy and happiness. Warmth, family and friends, its life. Love makes Heaven and Earth and, yes, even Hell work. You missed this critical ingredient out of the equation, Mallory.”

 

Castiel saw Adam and Joe swiftly move forward. Joe reached for the fallen angel blade. Adam had one from his mate. They reached the fate together and stabbed her in the back. Her pained screams rang out, her eyes wide with the implication of the fact.

 

“I don’t get it.” tears fell from her diamond gaze.

 

Castiel shook his head and spoke gently to the damned creature before him. “Omegas, Mallory, the life-givers. They surround us with love; they are what makes this world go around. They are not weak, nor are they lower than anyone else. Therefore, we angels bow down to them. They are Gods and Goddesses of our world, and we take them for our mates. You ignored the one thing that could kill you. The only thing, the love of an Omega.”

 

Castiel stood and raced over to Dean, who had slid down onto the floor. It freed Charlie from her iron prison.

 

“You two need to lay your hands on her, finish this.” He ordered them.

 

Charlie and Dean went over and laid their hand on top of Joes and Adams. Mallory did not struggle, she just sat limply, all her fight going. They held tight and closed their eyes, thought about their mates, families, their new homes. Mallory’s screams faded. She was nothing but dust under their fingertips, nothing but a remote memory. Love always wins over evil. The balance of good had tipped back.

 

“Dean love, we need to finish this.” Castiel gestured towards the stone.

 

There was a thundering noise that screeched and scraped, and the outlying circle of the moon and stars shifted and clicked into the west wall. The other handprint slipped up and slotted into position. Castiel held out his hand for his mate, and they stepped over to the stone.

 

Castiel looked over and saw the garrison spill into the circular room. “Whatever happens, my love, know this. You four are the heroes of the hour. You saved us. We will be forever in your debt. But you, my Omega, are the one that shall perch on a golden chair, and I will bow down to your every command. Well, within reason.” Castiel smirked and winked at his young mate.

 

Dean beamed back at the older angel. “I love you, Castiel.”

 

I love you, Dean Arron…” Dean put his finger on his mate's lips and shook his head.

 

“Nope, just those two my mom named me. The other one belongs to a nightmare.”

 

“Then choose your own Star boy.” giggled Charlie.

 

Dean glanced over his shoulder and grinned. “I might do that Red.”

 

“Well, are you ready, my love?” Castiel asked again of his young lover.

 

Dean breathed in, and a sudden jolt of electricity ran through his body. His wings broke free, and his eyes glowed goldenly. “You come out when I don’t need you.” he chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief.

 

Castiel’s eyes blinked as he readied his hand. “After three, my Omega.”

 

“After three, my Alpha.”

 

“One, Two, Three.”

Notes:

I love AOBs but most the omega is the underdog. I wanted this story to depict that omegas were in fact awesome. I hope I have delivered that, in bucketfuls.

Now, its the weekend and I need to go spend it with my daughter, love you all, have a great weekend. xxx

Chapter 51: Into the stars, we fly.

Summary:

The world ends as we know it. Castiel and Dean and the angel renew the world and help save everyone.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

They did not know how it would end, in a flash, or progressively. They remained in the stone room after, staring at each other, wondering what to say and do. It’s not like they had a book on how you prevented the apocalypse. Dean suddenly glowed; it was a miniature light at the beginning near his heart, then it swiftly became bigger even the angels had a tough time gazing at him.

 

Grabbing his fellow Omega’s hands, Dean giggled in glee, knowing in an instant what to do. They ran through the corridors, rejuvenated by the light. Castiel took a controlled breath, though he did not need to breathe. The beauty of his mate astounded him.

 

Dean and the Omegas flew through the halls and rooms and touched all of Hell’s creatures, and they either shifted to dust or became human again. Some saved from their self-flagellation, some considered too damned. They found Gabriel’s garrison stuck in a time loop, but the Omegas just touched the area, and they granted their freedom. Dean’s magic zipping through the walls, saving them.

 

They came across Anna, and Charlie grabbed her tight, holding onto her. They left her to reunite and help everybody get to the surface. Dean’s yellow ray was spreading to all the angels he touched. Hell appeared remodelled, no longer a place of torture, hate, and fear. Dean bumped into Raphael. It was the first time meeting her, and he bowed in respect.

 

“It’s an honour to meet you, sister.” Dean chirped happily.

 

“You also, Dean. Thank you for this. And you Castiel, you have saved us all.”

 

“Thank you, sister; we will reunite soon when we reach the ultimate stage.”

 

Raphael nodded and ran in the opposite direction, spreading Dean’s light.

 

Adam, Joe, and Dean were still holding hands and laughing with joy. The walls turned to all shades of the rainbow; it cooled down, where it was immensely hot and warmed up, where it was unduly cold. There was no sign of any shadow people, wisps, or tentacle monsters.

 

“Adam, is that you?” Came a loud cry from the other end of a barren room they had just entered.

 

“Michael.” Adam jumped for joy and ran into his mates’ arms. Michael lifted his boy and swung him around. Laughing with pure delight that he had his mate back in his arms where he should be.

 

“Thank you, Dean. Castiel, for keeping him safe. I will always be in your debt.” Michael bowed low in respect.

 

The archangel walked out of the room with his mate to embrace the light and help others.

 

“So, just me and you, Joe, maybe we will find Astra?” Dean concluded.

 

“I doubt she has missed me, Dean. It’s just one of them things.” Joe sadly shrugged.

 

“That is where you are wrong, my Omega.” Came a stern reply.

 

“A-Astra.” Joe shook at the sight of his mate.

 

“I thought you lost to me, Joe. I have wronged you, and it will take a lifetime for me to make it up to you. You are brave, a hero from what others sing.”

 

“Joe saved Castiel’s life, Astra. I will always accept him into our nest; he’s a loyal friend.” Dean told the angel.

 

“This is true, sister. I will forever be in his debt,” Castiel told the blue-haired angel.

 

“Come, Joe, let’s take Dean’s light and help the others.” Astra held out her hand, and Joe took it.

 

“I will see you topside soon, Dean?”

 

“Sure, Joe.” both Castiel and Dean watched them leave.

 

Castiel turned to Dean and cupped his face into the palm of his large gentle hands, worn from many battles, but soft like feathers from his mighty wings. “I have a feeling that they will thankfully receive your power in the field hospital, but first we need to reach the surface. The others have your light. You burn so brightly, my love, like I always knew you would.”

 

Dean came closer and grasped the angel by his tunic. “I wish it were just the two of us; it seems an eternity. I thought you gone, that she had taken you from me.” Dean shudders at the mere thought.

 

Soft, blue eyes glanced down and wiped golden tears from his young lover’s face. “You love me; it gives me the strength to carry on. We will have time for now. Let us go make Earth rejoice.”

 

They followed the cave system and came out at Dead Man’s Flats, the thin portal braking in their wake burnt to nothing by Dean’s light. Anak was standing there, his navy-blue breastplate gleamed in the sun. Anak stood to attention, bowing his head. Dean reached out his hand to the angel who was startled by his touch.

 

“You need to take my light and spread it. Come fly with us, brother.”

 

“Y-yes Dean.”

 

Castiel nodded at his brother in reassurance. Dean’s golden eyes glinted with playfulness, and he grabbed hold of Castiel’s hand and pulled him along.

 

“Come, Cas, let’s see what we can find on the mountain.”

 

“Dean, don’t you think we best go straight to the plains?”

 

Dean shook his head slightly and spread his majestic wings, his backdrop of the night sky, a stark contrast against the blazing sun of the Canadian summer afternoon. Winking at his mate, he swooped into the air, looping and twisting. His arm was outstretched like some comic book superhero.

 

Castiel could not take his eyes off this breath-taking sight in front of him. As the angel kept watching, his mate spun faster. The air shimmered, like water rippling on a disturbed lake. Golden sparks shot off Dean and angels joined him. The atmosphere was humming, an indistinct sound, a first like chimes blowing in a gentle breeze. But the musical stanza broke out, caressing the airwaves Dean was sending out. It fell to the very Earth and discharged. Red, yellow, and pink light flew from its epicentre. The sound was like rolling thunder and the starlight spread with lightning speed around the entire globe.

 

Castiel, not wanting to miss any of this vista, flew to be near his mate, the Star bond connecting instantly. The angel gripped tightly to Dean and grinned, bringing them close together, kissing the cherry lips of his young mate. Castiel called for his brother and sisters, and Dean shot up higher, to the Heavens and sang to the stars. The sky became half-day and night, not like an eclipse. This was different. The actual sun and moon stood side by side in the sky, blinking down at the Earth below. People ran out of their houses, running on to the streets, cars stopped, looking skywards.

 

Dean flew to the Heavenly plains and touched all the injured, healing them instantly, renewing them. He flew down to Lucifer and bowed to his older brother.

 

“Brother, you’re the light-bringer. We need you.” Dean grinned and flew back to find his mate.

 

Dean was the light to Castiel’s dark, the yin, the yang. The reason the fates had given Dean Earth, he was human, so would become corrupt to their plans. Castiel was an angel, so flourished in good. They could not tell the difference between evil and good. Strong and weak, the power of the Star bond to powerful to break.

 

Every angel had the light, and they flew around the entire planet hand in hand, cradling the scared world with their powerful wings. The golden light flew from them and hit the Earth, and changes happened immediately.

 

Weapons of mass destruction evaporated. All the ocean levels settled. The rubbish in the oceans was no longer choking it to death: no greedy politicians, no wars, no hate, or greed. The earth cleaned. The light hit every known person in the world, young, old, rich, or poor. The end of days had started. Everyone was equal. All humans bleed the same way, no matter who or what they are, after all.

 

The air was so sweet, people could breathe for the first time. There were no illnesses left in people’s bodies. The dead rose again and joined their loved ones. The damned, those who could no longer walk on this new Heaven on Earth, they were shipped to Hell but watched by Crowley’s demons.

 

In that time, two new constellations appeared in the sky, wings of an angel with his trusty sword. They would be there forever to gaze upon by everybody in the new world. A constant reminder, of the day an Angel and his Omega saved them all: one boy who had been through hell and his angel who had gripped him tight and held on with all his might and showed him what you could accomplish when given unconditional love. Your past shapes you after all, but does not define you. That’s what the fates could never understand.

 

Dean settled on Angels Rock, watching the new dawn of humanity. His light was never going out, just sitting gently beneath his breastbone. Castiel flew down by his side. Dean smiled that smile, the one just for him. The one that lit up his green eyes, the one that made the angel’s stomach flip, that made him want to yell and shout that this amazing creature was all his, that he fell in love with this amazing boy.

 

Castiel grabbed Dean’s hand as they faced the new world. The oranges, pinks, yellows of the new day were strewn haphazardly against the backdrop like an infant had taken their paintbrush and slapped their mark on the sky. Animals walked in harmony with the humans, no longer fearing each other.

 

“Cas, there is something I don’t understand.” Dean declared, looking at his mates’ bright blue eyes that always took his breath away.

 

“What’s that, my love?”

 

“Why did you laugh at Mallory’s name?”

 

Castiel’s lips twitched as he half turned towards Dean. “All names have a meaning. Dean is an old English name; it means valley. Mallery means unfortunate or Ill-fated.”

 

Dean stood there with his mouth gaping open. “Your joking? But, but she’s a, a fate.”

 

Dean doubled up, and his belly laughs rumbled over him. Castiel’s eyes sparkled in the distant light, loving the unbridled elation running through his young mate’s body. So, he joined in with him.

 

“With a name like that. No wonder we kicked ass.” Dean gasped for breath, giggling.

 

Castiel turned fully now and dragged Dean into him. “I think we were always going to win. You are too good, too amazing, too righteous for it to end any other way.”

 

Dean blushed, his freckles standing out, dipping his head in embarrassment. “You Sap.”

 

“I love you, Dean Arron.”

 

“And I love you Castiel.”

 

Castiel dragged Dean into him once more and kissed him passionately.

Notes:

One more to go. Oh, I'm kinda sad. But tired. I hope I did ok. Much love x

Chapter 52: Epilogue

Summary:

A little catch up with Dean and Castiel.

Notes:

Warning: Mention of pregnancy.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Two years later...

 

“No,” Dean stomped his foot.

 

“Dean, it’s just a physician’s appointment.”

 

“I don’t care. I hate injections.” Dean scowled grumpily. 

 

“It’s just a little prick,” Charlie announced, rolling her eyes at her overdramatic friend.

 

“I don’t like little pricks.” he snorted and stared at his mate who stood with his arms folded, raising that eyebrow. He knew it meant he was going to be in trouble any moment now.

 

Castiel smirked. “I thought you liked…”

 

“No Cas don’t you even. I swear you’ve become worse since you’ve been spending time with Lucifer.” Dean huffed and marched out of the room, tramping loudly up the stairs.

 

Castiel groaned and rubbed at his face. “Darn it.”

 

“Well, he’s got a bee in his bonnet.” Gabriel whistled.

 

Charlie was still glancing in the direction her best friend had just disappeared. “Cas, I know it’s like forbidden unless it’s an emergency, but I consider this is one of those times. Dean’s been acting odd, don’t you think?”

 

Castiel waved his hand. “Go do your thing.”

 

The redhead nodded and bounced off to the second level.

 

“I’m uncertain what I’m going to do with him some days.” Castiel turned to Gabriel in a desperate tone.

 

“Saving the world, putting Heaven back on track. It’s a tremendous task. He’s only nineteen. Deans got meetings up in Heaven, then back down here. Poor kids never stood still half the time.”

 

“Maybe I should take him away, just the two of us?” Castiel thought aloud.

 

“I would say so, brother.” Gabriel nodded in agreement. “He needs mate time.”

 

Charlie ran up the stairs and saw Dean was lying on his front head buried in his large fluffy pillows. At the sound of her entrance, he lifted his head, red puffy eyes, and cheeks stained with tears.

 

“Dean, what’s wrong? Tell me.” Pleaded Charlie, not liking her friend so sad.

 

“It must be bad if he let you up here.” Dean sniffed, seeking a tissue.

 

“Castiels concerned, we all are.”

 

“Red, I’m scared,” Dean admitted, shakily.

 

“What on earth for?” Charlie asked, rubbing her friend’s arm in comfort.

 

“I’m having a baby,” Dean whispered like it was a forbidden secret.

 

“What! Your, O.M.G. Dean, that’s amazing.” Looking back at Dean’s pale face, she tried to calm down. “This is not amazing?” She asked tentatively.

 

“Yeah, it is, but what if… I end up like my dad? What if I’m a dreadful person and all this crap was for nothing?”

 

“NO!” Charlie shouted, surprising them both. “You will stop there Mr. Do you think the world would be such an amazing place if it were not for you? We now treat Omegas with respect; we are Gods, Dean. You are an inspiration to everyone. You are nothing like that man; also, I’m sure Mary would kick your ass if you said that.”

 

“I miss mom, but I know she’s better off with Sam and Uncle Bobby.”

 

“They all love you, Dean. We all do. Now I’m going to get Cas. Tell him, ok.”

 

“I love you, Charlie.” Dean got up and hugged her.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I’m awesome.” She grinned.

 

Dean laid back on the bed and closed his eyes. Fingers carded through his hair tenderly and the mattress sagged. Castiel hummed an Enochian lullaby, soothing Dean, and he sighed in blissful contentment.

 

“Charlie said I needed to come up. She sent everybody away. What is it, love?”

 

Dean opened his eyes and jumped deeply into his mate's fathomless blue eyes. “I don’t want you to be mad at me, Cas. Just my mind always seems to go there and…”

 

“Hush, Dean, calm. Your breathing is getting erratic. Why would I be mad? What is this about?” Castiel questioned softly.

 

“I don’t want to be like dad; I can’t be like him, Cas.” Dean hid his face in Castiel’s side.

 

“Why would you even think that? I can sense your scared, your anguish. Tell me, Dean, that’s all I ask.”

 

“I—we are having a baby.”

 

Castiel stilled. He peered down at his young mate and his face split into a grin, but he knew his mate was unhappy, so tried to hold himself back. “Well, you’re not like him, nor would any of your family let you be like him. Oh, Dean, it scared me.” Castiel buried his head into Dean’s side.

 

“Cas, you big lump. What did you think I was going to say?” Dean sat up and stroked his hand through messy black hair. “I guess we still have our issues, hey? “I love you so much, Cas. We’re going to be parents.”

 

Castiel grabbed Dean gently and swung him up into the air. Bright giggles burst out, and they were both sobbing in abject joy.

 

“My Star boy, always so bright. You make me so happy, Dean. You’re my everything.”

 

Dean just grinned, his eyes bright with happiness. He knew everything was going to be okay because they had each other and that’s all they needed. Castiel was his wings, and Dean was his sword. They would protect, love and care for each other until the end of time itself.

Notes:

I wrote this to the 10th Docs music really inspired me.

Doc Who was awesome tonight :-)

Chapter 53: A note in time.

Chapter Text

Note:

 

I just want to thank those that have been on this incredible journey with me. I have had so much support and love it's been magical. Thank you sincerely, I will always keep your kind words inside when the dark ones come to bite.

 

At this moment I will leave this to rest, but there is so much more of this story to tell.

 

 

Angels:

 

Breastplates:

 

God. Gold

 

Archangel. Silver

 

Seraphs: Azure

 

Thrones:  Navy blue.

 

Omegas: Orange

 

Power: Bronze

 

Dominions: Violet

 

Virtues: Grey

 

Cherubim: Green

 

Principalities: Red

 

Guardian angels: Pink

 

Choirs: White

 

 

Notes:

Be, whoever you wish to be...