Actions

Work Header

Silk of Water

Summary:

Uma and other VKs were to live with their heroes when they were young. For Uma, she placed with Ariel and Eric. will people under the sea will accept her? Will Uma be able to figure out who she is and accept it?

Try to update every Thursday

Notes:

This is the same fanfic on Tumblr thought I should organize it better.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: All things are paved with good intent

Chapter Text

If you have told the former mermaid that she would adopt her villain child. The former mermaid would politely ask if your head was alright and if you needed to go to the infirmary.

But here she was Queen Ariel painting one of the spare rooms for their future daughter-”No foster daughter, we’re fostering,” the redhead repeated out loud.

King Adam realized that by resurrecting their villains back to life, they could procreate cause more pandora’s box of problems. King Adam requested Fairy Godmother to make the villains sterile so they couldn’t make any more children.

In the council meeting, it was decided that these children didn’t ask to be created so the heroes should raise them. That means for Ariel and Eric they would get three years old, Uma, the daughter of Ursula.

Ariel took a deep breath looking over her work, the room was a deep pink coral color. Melody helped with painting surprising the tiny six-year-old didn’t get a lot of paint of herself.

“Hey,” Eric greeted smiling at Ariel coming closer to her to wrap his arms around her. “It looks nice. I like the color except now we have a six-year-old who wants to paint everything pink,” the king chuckled.

“Well if I remember correctly a certain human was all about expression,” Ariel commented before kissing his cheek. The couple was just enjoying the silence before things will change, whether it's for better or worse.

“Two girls,” Eric sighed as he tries not to think about the talks and dealing with his daughters’ heart being broken by some jerk. Yeah, Eric was not ready for any of that.

The queen nodded,”Yup I just one of them won’t be rebellious.”

Later on in the day Ariel, Eric, and Melody went to Audron in order to pick Uma. King Adam and Queen Bell wanted some gala for the heroes, even though they were told that they had to adopt the children. Ariel rolled her eyes sometimes humans are weird for her to understand.

In the gala, heroes waited anxiously for their foster kids. Jasmine and Aladdin got a boy named Jay. Ariel's close friend, Cinderella got two kids, a baby named Dizzy and her three-year-old brother Anthony. The redhead sighed nervously waiting for her child, she wondered if Uma liked the color pink or does eat fish? If so they would need to talk about why eating fish is bad. Or does she know how to swim?

Before Ariel could go into her deep spiral of overthinking, Fairy Godmother gave her tight smile as she gently pushed Uma towards the couple, Ariel thought Uma, would be bigger, but the girl was very small for her age. Then again what do you expect when your home only has trash as food. The Queen bend down to the child’s height, “Hello Uma, I’m Ariel.” The mermaid pointed to her husband, “That’s Eric,” The king gave a small wave to the child. “This is-”

“My name is Melody like the song!” the six-year-old screamed in excitement interrupting her mother. The small girl coward slightly way from Ariel's daughter,

“Melody,” Eric said, “We use our inside voices when we want to talk to people.” The king looked at his active child.

The child looked shocked in forgetting,“Oh right! Sorry daddy,” the girl said,” My name is Melody.” this time a little softer. Uma seemed to be less scared of the older girl. The gala was long, Melody was getting antsy so it was decided they should start the journey back home now.

“Are you ready to go, Uma?” The small looked up at the woman hesitantly taking the queen’s hand. The family began to walk back to their car to start on their adventure as a family.