Actions

Work Header

Trials and Tribulations Part II

Chapter 12

Summary:

A mysterious mech from the past shows up in Springer's house. Springer and Callista make an announcement.

Chapter Text

The window of crystal broke as it was hit and a hand unlocked the door. Open a dark blue mech with chipping paint and dents in his old worn armor walked in.

“Home sweet home,” the mech said looking around. He stopped looking at a little table and the knick knacks there. “How ugly. What poor taste the new duke has.” He swiped the souvenirs off the table letting them break on the floor. “Much better.”

He walked around unknowingly activating an alarm. Going into the study and rummaging through Springer’s desk for something to use against the new regent. Names of old femme friends and friends that he could talk to and get some information possibly. He froze hearing voices.

“You go check the berthrooms,” a familiar voice said. Sir Wing the knight, his brother-law, Uberus had brought with him from the Crystal City. The blue mech grabbed up a data padd and left before the knight got there.

Wing walked in looking around with the other two guards and Springer. The regent went over to his desk. “Someone’s been going through here,” he said.

“Is the security system in use still?” Wing asked.

Springer thought about it for a moment. “I’m not sure. We can go check,” he said.

Wing sighed. “Have you found those data padds I asked you to look for in the Queen’s and King’s rooms?” he asked. He had Uberus and Megala keep track of various things nobles said and done when they were around. He had hoped that those would give him some idea of who might cause problems.

“No, not yet,” Springer said. “I’ve been busy with Callista and then there’s a lot of paperwork and such.”

“Keep looking please. It would be nice to deal with any trouble before we get too busy with the trails,” Wing said as they walked to the security room which was empty.

“I guess not. It seemed with me moving into the palace, I didn’t feel the need for security,” Springer said trying the cameras.

“Go ahead and turn them back on, I will leave some of my men here to watch them,” Wing said.

“Something more to add to the budget,” Springer said.

“Yes,” Wing said. “There should be enough for it.” They went on searching while Myrer, the blue mech had escaped out a kitchen door. Two guards followed him but he lost them in the alleys.

Springer yawned back inside the palace. “Back to recharge,” he said and headed back to the rooms he shared with Callista.


Callista paced the confines of the berthroom she shared with Springer in the royal palace. Up until now, only she, Springer, and the royal physician knew about her condition and they were about to share it to the planet. Not even Wing knew yet, ‘Primus, Wing... he’s going to kill us,’ she thought.

::It’s okay,:: Springer said sensing her nervousness. ::He’s not going to kill us, just want to retire sooner, perhaps.::

::And my creators don’t know yet either,:: Callista said, turning to look at her mate. She tapped his olfactory ridge with a finger. “This is all your fault,” she said smiling.

Springer groaned at that, sure Starscream would rail at him for not telling him as soon as they knew. Callista cupped his face in her hands and pulled him into a kiss

::We could tell them quickly before we did this announcement,:: Springer said returning her kiss.

::Mmm, we could... probably should...:: Callista said, not breaking the kiss yet.

::How you feeling?:: He asked sneaking his hands to touch her abdomen.

Callista broke the kiss, gently squirming away from his groping hands to smooth down her armor again. She twitched her wings, resetting them. “Fine... just... nervous. Let’s call my creators first so we don’t get an audial-full later,” she said.

Springer went over to the comm unit to open a message to Vos. Calista went up to Springer, hiding somewhat behind him as she wrapped an arm behind his back.

Starscream appeared on the screen. “Springer, Callista,” he said smiling. “How are things in Helex?”

“Sire,” Callista grinned, sneaking out from behind Springer. “Things are busy here.... especially for Springer.”

“So that is why I have not heard from you in awhile?” Starscream said. ::Sapphira, our creation is on the comm if you want to talk to her.::

Sapphira appeared shortly on the screen, beaming as she caught sight of her creation and Springer. “Hello you two. Is this just a friendly call, or do you have news for us?”

Springer sighed. “We have news,” he said. “Callista and I are expecting a sparkling.”

Sapphira grinned from audial-to-audial as she turned on screen to hug Starscream and kiss his cheek. Starscream grinned at the kiss. “That’s great news! How far along are you, dear? When should we expect the sparkling and how many?”

“A bit along,” Springer said tilting his helm to look up at his mate.

“Yeah. We figure it started shortly after we got to Helex,” Callista said.

“I will send guards to escort you home,” Starscream said standing up.

“No,” Springer said. “She stays here. They are safe.”

Sapphira put a hand on Starscream’s arm. “I am certain they will visit us when they can, dearest.”

Starscream grumbled sitting back down. “Fine, but first word and I’m sending guards over either to protect them or bring them here.”

Springer sighed. “Thank you, Queen Sapphira,” he said with a smile.

Callista shook her helm and stood up, so her creators could both see how she was just starting to show.

Starscream frowned and growled at being kept out of it for so long.

“So... there will be a public announcement in a few minutes. I just thought you’d want to know ahead of time,” Callista said.

“Fine,” Starscream growled still a bit mad that he was being told now rather than sooner.

There was a knock on the door. “Time to make the announcement,” Mirage called.

“Time for us to go,” Springer said. “We’ll talk more, Sapphira, Starscream.” And closed the comm.

Callista stood up and walked over to Mirage. “Hopefully the public takes this better than my sire did.”

“I’m sure they will,” Mirage said. “Everyone loves sparklings, well most everyone at least.”
He lead the way to the balcony above where Wing and his guards had corralled the people safely inside the palace gates.

Springer walked beside her holding her hand.

Flutter stood up from her chair just inside from the balcony.

Callista smiled at Flutter, reaching out to touch her hand and give it a quick squeeze. She had to let go quickly as she knew that Springer and herself were to be up at the front of the balcony. ::Well, my dear Regent....::

Springer stepped out along with Flutter. “My bondmate and I would like to announce that we are expecting a sparkling or sparklings,” he said.

Flutter blinked. Looking at her cousin and then Callista. “Why didn’t you tell me before?” she whispered.

The crowd gathered below went silent for a nanoklik before erupting in cheers for their Regent and his consort.

Wing with his guards down below frowned already thinking about the logistics of guarding the now sparked queen.

“The fewer mechanisms that knew about it, the better,” Callista whispered back without looking at the Princess. “Sir Wing is already stretching his resources thin, but my frame is starting to show. It will not be long until it was found out.” She dipped her wings and let go of Springer’s hand to head back inside off the balcony.

The crowd slowly dispersed and Wing flew up to the group through the open door. “When were you going to tell me information that I needed to know earlier?” the knight asked.

“You know now,” Springer said. “We thought it best to keep it secret as long as we could.”

“I didn't know till now either,” Flutter said trying to unruffle the knight’s feathers.

“Was I not safer staying out of the spotlight?” Callista asked. “I could stay somewhat in the shadows when the focus has been mainly on Springer, and Flutter.”

“He has work, she has school, someone has to make a public show to the citizens,” Mirage said. “I don’t think you’re entirely out of the spotlight.”

“I was in the same spotlight I have always been in, it is only now that the luminous intensity has increased, sir knight,” Callista said, wings whipping up into a defensive stance. “If you require extra aid, we can petition my creators for a Vosnian guard.”

“That would make the grounders panic,” Wing said. “No offense meant, your lordship.”

“None taken,” Mirage said.

“There is no need to call them in yet,” Springer said. “Right, Sir Wing?”

“For now,” the knight said.

Series this work belongs to: