Actions

Work Header

New Friends, New Housemates

Summary:

Theo’s been living with his sister, Tara for most of his life. Now he’s moving out and in with three people he doesn’t even know if he’ll get along with, but Scott’s never let him down before.

-----------------

Liam about jumped when someone took hold of his arm. He hadn’t heard anything over the smoke alarm going off. Then there was a guy there, who he hoped was Theo, holding his arm taking the pain. He never had checked the photo that Scott emailed him, which he probably should have. He hadn’t realized he was still in pain until it was leaving up through Theo’s arm going to his neck. He felt a little embarrassed that Theo came home to this, but at least he wasn’t yelling at him. He was helping him when he could have easily gone off on him.

Notes:

I Own Nothing

AN: This is for the Thiam week day 5 Stranger Danger. I wrote this Monday edited Tuesday and Wednesday after trying to think of something for days.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Liam smiled as he put the last box into the house. He was so excited to be moving to LA for college. Mason, Corey and he were going to be renting it for the next four years at least. The only catch was that there was a fourth person that would be living with them. He had no clue who the guy was besides that Scott knew him. Scott promised him that Theo wasn’t a murderer or anything. He used to live in Beacon Hills when Theo was in the fourth grade with them.

Scott said that Theo was looking for a place to crash for a while til he could find his own place. If they got along Liam didn’t see why he couldn’t just stay for good, while they were there. Apparently the guy’s sister just got married and he was giving her privacy with her new husband. The house they were going to be living in was Derek Hale’s so it wasn’t like it was going to be expensive and they had to have a fourth for rent. The rent was dirt cheep mostly just taking care of the place. Derek was cool about letting them stay here and he couldn’t ask for a better friend.

Mason and Corey had talked him into it so Liam had finally told Scott he didn’t care. Scott had said he was harmless, a great friend and would do anything to help a person. Theo had already moved in the week before. He was just in class at the moment. He had been taking a summer class so he could start medical school in three weeks. Scott had told him he also worked at a place that you just played video games. It was just until he got his degree according to Scott since Theo wanted to be a heart surgeon.

The gaming place gave him more than enough to get by on and a lot of extra since medical school wasn’t cheap. He wouldn’t mind doing that for a while if Theo could hook him up. It would help with some extra cash since he didn’t want to ask his parents all the time for extra. Scott had told him nothing else wanting them to get to know each other he figured. Liam tried to be friendly to everyone so he was hoping that Theo was going to be nice.

~LT TL~

 

Mason and Corey had taken off to the beach. It was right there at their house so he knew they would spend lots of time there too. He had two boxes left when Mason and Corey had finished theirs so he’d told them to just go. He would be fine here alone and figured he wasn’t going to be attacked. He was a werewolf after all and could defend his self. He was just glad that Theo knew about the supernatural. He wasn’t sure if he was a werewolf or if he just knew. He figured he would find out when they met. At least he knew so they didn’t have to tip toe around anything that came up.

Liam went upstairs with the two boxes he had sat at the bottom of the stairs. His room looked out over the beach. He couldn’t believe how lucky they had gotten. It was twenty-five minutes from UCLA where they would be going to in three weeks. He didn’t mind the drive if they could live right here at the beach. He got in the room just dropping the boxes before going out to the balcony. He could see perfectly down to the water and saw his friends down there. He waved when Corey had looked his way. Corey probably couldn’t see him, but he still waved. He was glad that Mason and Corey were there with him.

They had been friends for the last two years, Mason and him since he was five years old. It was already looking good for them. He was a little nervous about meeting Theo, but other than that he saw only good things coming. He needed good things after breaking up with his boyfriend back in May. He was already missing Brett so much, but life couldn’t stay the same always. Who knew he might end up meeting a guy that would be his husband.

Mason and Corey had gotten married at the first of the month. He could tell they were trying not to be over the top happy since he was heart broken in some ways. It was mutual sure, but didn’t mean didn’t hurt any less. He told Mason and Corey to have fun that he was going to be fine. He might be homesick slightly, but he couldn’t dwell on it. He had promised his self that he would put his big boy pants on. He could make it even if his heart was still aching without Brett. He really could use a nap before he cooked dinner. He didn’t know if Mason and Corey would stick around or go out for it, but til then he was going to nap on the lounge chair on his balcony. He hoped that he could sleep since it had been mostly naps for ten minutes at most the last two weeks. At night he got maybe four hours but not together.

~LT TL~

Theo pulled into the driveway of house parking behind the Bronco that hadn’t been there when he left for class. It was almost six-thirty since he’d decided to work for a few hours after he got done with his last class. He had passed the biology class that he had retaken by choice. He had wanted to get a better grade than a C in it. The last semester had been stressful with six classes in his lap. He had been working extra hours, studying like crazy, and helping Tara plan her wedding. She had wanted him to be her best man instead of having a maid of honor. He had been happy to help her, but Biology had taking a hit. He never told her about the trouble he’d been having. He had finished the class out, but he hadn’t liked the C. He knew he could do better so he’d retaken it now so he could concentrate on just that.

Scott had helped him a lot too since he had Skyped with him most of the summer. He’d stayed at Tara’s until last week when they left for their honeymoon. He had wanted them to have the house to their selves when they got back. Tara had begged him to stay at least a month or two more. He knew that she would be okay since she had Aaron now. He knew that Tara had wanted him to stay on more then convince him not to leave. She could talk him into anything. They hadn’t been apart much at all in their lives. A week here or there with separate vacations or when he’d almost died.

He’d been in a coma for three days after being attacked by some animal. He had woken up in a vet office instead of a hospital though. That had really freaked him out. Being told he was a werewolf had been even weirder. It was the reason he had left Beacon Hills. The Hale family that had been helping him out a lot mostly died in a house fire. Derek had been nice about letting him move in here. Although Scott told him that Liam Dunbar was the deciding factor on if he got the extra room. They hadn’t kept in touch a lot over the years, but recently he had started talking to him again. He had time to adjust to being a werewolf and when he’d told Scott it had shocked him. Scott had been floored that he had left Beacon Hills because he had been turned. He had been shocked that Scott had been turned later on after he left.

He didn’t know what he would have done without Tara. His parents had kicked him out of the house. He had accidently shifted when he got upset and they had seen him as a monster. He’d been nine years old and they had just slammed the door in his face. Tara had been sixteen at the time and been dealing with the loss of her boyfriend due to the Hale fire. Her life had been turned upside down that day, but Tara had taken his side. She had already known about werewolves since she was dating one. They had planned on getting married when they’d turned eighteen but all of that changed with the fire. Laura, Derek’s sister had found them a place to go in LA. Tara and he lived with a family friend of theirs who protected them from any hunters that might have wanted him dead.

~LT TL~

 

He had only found trouble once because he’d learned control fast after being tossed out of his home. That trouble had been more recent than in the past however. He hadn’t wanted Tara to suffer if something happened again. He had amazed the woman they had stayed with until Tara was nineteen. He had never had problems on the full moon either. Tara was his anchor and she kept him from losing control. He was going to miss sitting up til four in the morning at times with her watching bad TV or just talking. Every high or low moment in his life he’d gone to her over.

He promised her they would talk all the time. He would come by any time that she wanted him to even if she wanted him to scare Aaron for making her cry or just mad. He doubted that he would have to do that though. Aaron was an awesome guy and had helped him out once after he’d been attacked by another werewolf. That night had been worse than the night he’d been kicked out of his home. Aaron was like a brother to him and he had never looked at him like his parents had. He had covered up the only person he had ever killed. He hadn’t even known the guy was a werewolf, but waking up to that hadn’t been fun at all. He’d thought he was going to die that night, but knowing he’d be leaving Tara alone had made him fight like hell. Tara had refused to let him go anywhere for days after that.

They had already agreed to three nights a week of them having dinner. He couldn’t tell her that he was terrified of living without her a room over from him. She would never have agreed to get married. She had been with Aaron for five years, but until he graduated high school she wouldn’t give the man a yes on marriage. It had taken all year to plan the wedding because he wanted to make it everything that she deserved. She had given up a lot at times to help him so he wanted to turn her into a cowgirl for the day.

She wasn’t a girly girl so he’d made it a country themed wedding like she loved. He’d had horses that brought the couple up and a carriage that had left with them. He couldn’t have been happier that she finally got her fairy tale come true. Aaron had been the only guy she had been with after Ben died. It had been surprising when Aaron had turned out to be Ben’s friend. It had clicked for Tara and him the day they met so he’d told her to trust her heart.

It had felt really strange being in the house all by his self for the last week. He was actually glad to have room mates. He hated being on his own and he knew that it had to do with his wolf side too. He hated the sound of silence because silence had a sound that always sounded like a buzzing noise in his head. He figured that things were going to get better with his three new roommates. He thought that until he walked in the door smelling smoke. He could hear someone yelling in pain and took off towards the kitchen.

~LT TL~

Liam was trying to put out a slight fire that he had started. He couldn’t believe that he had burned dinner. He was a great cook, but leave it to him to mess everything up on the first night here. He had gotten three hours of sleep shockingly the first three hours straight in days. That was when he decided he was going to come up with something to eat. That was defiantly a bad idea now because he was destroying food. He grabbed the frying pan ignoring the pain from the hotness tossing it in the sink.

The flames had shot up burning his arm when he had jerked the pan away as well. He let out a groan of pain hoping it would heal up quick. He got a towel wiping down the stove from where the grease had spilt on it causing the flames. He was just glad that no one was here right now. Mason and Corey went out to eat wanting to scope out the best place for pizza. He should have just gone with, but he’d wanted to be here when Theo got home. He thought one of them should at least be there. He might have been a little anxious to meet Theo to see what he was like.

Theo got in the kitchen as Liam was attempting to open the window to get the smell out of the house. He remembered from the pictures that Scott sent him who Liam was. He wasn’t sure if he should help or laugh until he saw the burn on Liam’s arm. It wasn’t healing yet and he could smell the burnt skin. He had learned how to take pain away years ago when Tara had been hurt in a car accident. He’d taken her pain, which had kept her alive til the ambulance had gotten here. It was the one time he thought he was going to lose her.

Liam about jumped when someone took hold of his arm. He hadn’t heard anything over the smoke alarm going off. Then there was a guy there, who he hoped was Theo, holding his arm taking the pain. He never had checked the photo that Scott emailed him, which he probably should have. He hadn’t realized he was still in pain until it was leaving up through Theo’s arm going to his neck. He felt a little embarrassed that Theo came home to this, but at least he wasn’t yelling at him. He was helping him when he could have easily gone off on him.

“Thanks,” Liam said when the pain was gone. “I don’t know what happened. I’m a great cook most of the time,” he sighed looking at the food that was supposed to be a stir fry for tacos.

“It’s okay; the first night here I burned the popcorn. New surroundings and you didn’t know everything about it yet,” Theo said giving Liam a smile.

“That makes me feel a little better,” Liam smiled back not sure how Theo could burn popcorn, but he had the same problem. He had burnt food he made a hundred times since he was thirteen.

“How about I help you clean this up and you order pizza,” Theo offered. He already knew where the best food places where. He had lived close by with Tara so he wasn’t moving far from their home. The food places he ordered from for them were only five minutes or so more away.

“Sounds good, but I’m going to need my arm back first,” Liam laughed since Theo hadn’t given it up yet.

He smiled because he hadn’t minded a bit that Theo was still holding his hand. It had felt nice having Theo’s hand on him. He might have broken up with his boyfriend on a mutual agreement of high school being over and they were going separate ways, but still hurt. He wanted to go back to Beacon Hills in the end, but after all that happened years back Brett had plans of moving away with Lori for good. He understood it and they were still friends. He wasn’t dead inside at the moment though and Theo holding onto him was giving him those tingling feelings. He just wasn’t sure how quick he was going to want to jump into bed with someone else. He wouldn’t mind doing Theo if he was into guys after time had passed. There was too much history to sleep his way over Brett.

~LT TL~

Theo hadn’t realized he’d still been holding onto Liam’s arm so he let go of it. It had felt nice holding onto him though. It was the first time in a while that he’d gotten a jolt from someone in front of him. He might have fantasies about stuff to get off, but he hadn’t felt the summersault feeling in his stomach in ages. He went over to the sink pulling out some cleaning supplies that he had picked up. He told Liam to just soak the pan and he’d take care of the stove. He didn’t want Liam to get burnt again since the stove was still hot. Liam’s arm had healed over while he’d been holding onto him still. It looked like he hadn’t even been burnt.

It only took about fifteen minutes to get everything cleaned up looking like it hadn’t been a fire at all. Theo had taken the curtains down putting up some that he been meaning to put up anyway. They had cats all over them playing with string and other toys. He was in love with cats, but hadn’t gotten a new one since his had died six months back. He hadn’t been ready to move on yet.

He’d had Abby since he was eleven years old so it was hard just moving on even if it was an animal. It would probably be the same if he’d had a boyfriend and broken up with them. He just wasn’t sure what that was like since he’d never had one of those either. He could have had a few, but they hadn’t done anything for him. He was looking for a click inside of him. It’s what Tara told him she’d felt when she first saw Aaron.

He let Liam order the pizza he liked since he wasn’t picky as long as there were no olives or fish on his pizza. He also refused to put fruit on his pizza, but if it was on the side he didn’t care. He just hated baked pineapple. He wanted it fresh and cold not hot it was one of those pet peeves he had. He made sure Liam knew about the items he wouldn’t eat, but let him go to town on the rest. He wanted Liam to be happy since he seemed nervous at the moment. He took a soda from the fridge going to the living room sitting on the couch. They were going to have at least twenty minutes til the food got there. He had gotten Liam to order a pasta dish as well since he was starving. He had skipped out on lunch wanting to work from twelve til six.

Liam took the soda that Theo offered sitting so he was facing Theo on the couch. They both had one leg on it and one in the floor. Theo was on the right side with Liam on the left side of the couch. Liam was trying to think of something to start off with to get to know Theo. They were going to be spending the next three or four years here together. It shouldn’t be so hard to come up with something.

~TBC~