Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2018-05-04
Completed:
2018-05-04
Words:
8,544
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
23
Kudos:
160
Bookmarks:
24
Hits:
5,230

A Siren's Song

Summary:

Lincoln falls for an ASMR creator with a bewitching voice. Little does he know, the object of his affections is actually his spookiest sister!

Chapter Text

Lincoln let out a sigh of relief as he finally closed the door to his room. His day had been far too long, even for someone used to dealing with a family as crazy as his. He winced as he thought once again of the torture of Lynn's “training camp,” and all the scrubbing he'd had to do to get the residue of Lisa's latest experiment off of him. None of that could hurt him now, though. With a tired smile, he slipped out of his pants, yanked off his shirt, and collapsed onto his bed. He had only one thing left to do before he could take his well-earned rest.

Lincoln nestled himself into his comforter, letting his body heat soak into the cold blankets. He grabbed his trusty laptop off the ground and navigated to ForTube, his favorite video sharing website. His eyes instinctively drifted to the sidebar that alerted him to new videos. His only subscription, GhostVampASMR, had a circle beside it. It seemed that today was his lucky day! Lincoln reached under his bed and grabbed a pair of Luna's old headphones. Another dose of that tingling feeling was exactly what he needed right now.

Lincoln had recently become enamored with ASMR videos. When Clyde first told him that listening to whispers on the internet could “make you feel like you were being tickled by an angel,” he was incredulous. How in the heck could listening to some weirdo talk over headphones make you feel good? He had tried several different channels, looking for something that would elicit the mythical “auto sensory meridian response,” but the most he had ever mustered was a little shiver.

His doubts melted away, though, when he found the channel he was currently browsing; There was something about the muted rasp in GhostVampASMR's voice that calmed him and made him feel flush at the same time. Her videos never failed to coax that phantom lightning sensation out of him. He just couldn't get enough of them. He had even gone to the trouble of making a ForTube account just to keep better track of her new uploads.

The weary boy fluffed up his pillows and found the most comfortable position to lay in. He wanted to get the most out of this. When he was settled nicely, he placed the oversized headset over his ears and clicked the play button. The familiar black screen and white text greeted him. Tonight's video was another poetry reading. He would have preferred another vampire roleplay, or perhaps a scary story, but he was happy with whatever he could get.

“Hello, internet strangers” the intoxicating voice whispered in his ear. “Welcome to another poetry session.” He could already feel a shiver creeping up his back.

“Tonight, I'm going to cover some pieces about the futility of existence. So, languish as you find yourself the length of one ASMR video closer to death. Or, sit back and enjoy. Whichever you prefer.” Lincoln decided that he would sit back and enjoy.

Lincoln closed his eyes and let the sounds of the strange girl's voice wash over him. He admitted that he never really grasped the meaning behind her poems, but the subject matter was immaterial compared to the delivery. Even as he listened to her talk about withering away, and the death of the universe, a warm fuzzy feeling grew at the base of his spine. This girl could whisper the phone book at him while raking her nails on a chalkboard and Lincoln would still love every second. She rasped something about planets dying, and he was in heaven; The ghostly tingling ambled its way up his spine, and back down again.

The middle Loud let out something between a contented sigh and a yawn. He was already in tingly throes, and his spooky friend had barely even scratched the surface of her queue of poems. Normally let himself fall asleep to her videos, but he felt like he had earned the tingly relaxation that her voice brought him. He had gone through hell today, after all. Lincoln steeled himself against the sleepiness that his supremely relaxed state had invited. He deserved to make it through the whole thing. Paper shuffled in the background of the video, as GhostVamp reached for her next piece. “I call this next one 'Falling in Love with a Ghost.' It's pretty heavy stuff.” For once, Lincoln thought he might be able to relate.

Lincoln lay there, in contented, comfy bliss right up until his mysterious benefactor rasped out her last poem. “And, that's all I have for today. I hope you were mortified by those depressing truths. Or that you had an ASMR experience. Either one would be fine. Tune in in the next few days, and I may have something new for you.”

Lincoln grinned a particularly sleepy grin, to himself. He hoped “a few days” meant “tomorrow,” but that was probably a little greedy of him.

He clicked the like button and was about to close the lid of his laptop when a thought struck him. He should leave a comment, for once. To tell the girl who made him so many nice videos what he thought. He chased the thought from his mind. That would be weird. But the thought returned. What was the worst that could happen, after all? No one would ever know it was him. Before he could think better of it, he drafted a quick comment.

“You have the prettiest voice I've ever heard! I love your videos.”

He clicked send before he could second-guess himself. There, now he had shown the mysterious girl his appreciation. He just hoped she wasn't weirded out. Trying not to pursue that line of thinking any further, Lincoln removed his headphones, set his computer down, and gave in to the sleep that had been trying to swallow him for so long.

-----------

Lincoln peeled himself out of his warm little nest to hit his alarm clock. Despite all the tribulations yesterday had brought, Linc had slept like a baby. With a spring in his step, he donned his favorite clothes and went about his morning routine to get ready for school.

“Why are you so happy, this morning?” Lori narrowed her eyes in suspicion as he crammed himself into the car.

“Oh, no reason, really,” he replied nonchalantly. “Just a really good night's sleep, I guess.”

Lori seemed satisfied enough, if not a bit jealous that he was in such a good mood.

Just as they were pulling up to school, Lincoln felt a tug at his shirt sleeve. He fought the urge to jump, as he turned to see Lucy holding on to his shirt.

“Lincoln, does the name 'Savvy_Fanatic_05' mean anything to you?”

Lincoln blinked in confusion.

“Uhhh, yeah. It's my ForTube account name. Why?”

Lucy let go of him, as the world's tiniest smirk formed on her lips.

“Just wondering, is all. Have a good day.”