Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 8 of Ageplay/Involuntary Regression , Part 2 of Multi-Chapter Stories
Stats:
Published:
2018-04-18
Updated:
2019-09-18
Words:
99,802
Chapters:
23/?
Comments:
162
Kudos:
343
Bookmarks:
63
Hits:
13,551

Springkeep Adoption Agency

Summary:

[Set in an AU where there's no Supernatural.]
[Excerpt from the story]

 

“Yes… she’s twenty-five years old.” Anna says before clearing her throat. “But she is regressed to an infant stage. On good days she’s regressed to a toddler stage, but she hasn’t had many good days since she came to the agency. We are unsure of how long she’s been regressed like this, but it looks like it’s been a while. When we had the doctor our agency is affiliated with check her over, he managed to find her chart and found that she’d gotten a traumatic brain injury a few months back. Her caretakers said she’d fallen down the stairs, but now knowing of their drug use, we have a feeling she was actually being abused for all this time, and possibly longer. Our doctor believes the traumatic brain injury was when she regressed.”

 

In which John gets a call from Springkeep Adoption Agency about a twenty-five year old girl with involuntary regression, and he takes her in to give her a loving home.

Notes:

This is another story of mine I'm going to be writing. Unlike with Trauma, I don't have much written yet, meaning updates might be more sporadic than with Trauma. I'm hoping to update at least once a week, though.

Kudos and comments feed the muse, let me know what you think! I know this is just an introduction chapter, but I hope you guys still like it.

Chapter Text

“Mr. Winchester? Hi, this is Anna from Springkeep Adoption Agency. I know you had expressed interest in adopting with us before, but due to some paperwork errors, things fell through. However, if you were still interested, I have someone here that I think would mesh well with your family.”

John’s eyes widened as soon as he heard he was getting a call from the adoption agency, and they only continued to get wider as Anna continued to speak. He had once thought he’d found the perfect little girl, but then the mom decided she wanted her back, and things had fallen through. John had decided he wasn’t going to seek it out anymore but had told the agency they could call him if they needed him. “Really?”

Anna could practically hear the excitement over the phone, and she smiled. “Yes, Mr. Winchester. Although, it’s a bit… untraditional. Her name is Meredith, and she came to the adoption agency a few weeks ago. She was found in an abusive home, where her caretakers were doing drugs and had overdosed, leaving her alone. When she was found she had been sitting in a dirty diaper in her crib for days, and was malnourished, as well as having some other medical issues.”

John couldn’t help but to notice how she’d mentioned untraditional, and then had said ‘caretakers’ instead of parents or guardians. “Caretakers?” He questions, going out to their front porch. Sam and Dean were currently visiting, so they were in the living room watching something on TV, and he didn’t want them to hear this conversation.

“Yes… she’s twenty-five years old.” Anna says before clearing her throat. “But she is regressed to an infant stage. On good days she’s regressed to a toddler stage, but she hasn’t had many good days since she came to the agency. We are unsure of how long she’s been regressed like this, but it looks like it’s been a while. When we had the doctor our agency is affiliated with check her over, he managed to find her chart and found that she’d gotten a traumatic brain injury a few months back. Her caretakers said she’d fallen down the stairs, but now knowing of their drug use, we have a feeling she was actually being abused for all this time, and possibly longer. Our doctor believes the traumatic brain injury was when she regressed.”

“Wow.” John says quietly. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He had heard about littles – hell, everyone had – but he didn’t realize something like that could happen. Littles were getting more known lately. There were places popping up where littles and their caretakers could go to have fun and not be judged, and there were even starting to be some little adoption agencies, but the Springkeep agency was not one of those. He wondered how she’d gotten into their care. “Does the doctor think she can come out of the regression?”

“At this point, we’re not sure. The doctor is hopeful, but due to the nature of her brain injury, he’s thinking it’s unlikely. But, perhaps, with the right care and loving environment, she would be able to come out of the regression.” Anna says. “We were hoping to have her out of the agency by now, because she really needs to get to a new home. Building trust with her is going to take time, so we were hopeful she would have found a home by now, but no one has had the resources or availability for how much care she would need. Which is why we called you.”

John knew he would be able to give this girl the kind of care and love she needed, and hopefully she would be able to come out of the regression. Now that Sam and Dean were thirty and thirty-five, respectively, they were both on their own, working and having their own lives. Since Mary had passed away years and years ago, John was all alone in his house; that was why he’d wanted to adopt in the first place. He didn’t have any large time commitments, meaning he’d be able to be with her most of the time, if not all the time. “I’d like to come in and meet her. What did you say her name was again? Meredith?”

Anna smiles happily when she hears John is seriously considering it. “Yes, her name is Meredith. Because this is a strange situation, and she is not a minor, you don’t necessarily have to adopt her. That means the paperwork is less, you’d be able to take her home more quickly, and there’s less room for it to fall through. When are you available to come in?”

Looking back inside the house where Sam and Dean were still lounging on his couch, John sighs. He wished he could go right then, but he didn’t want Sam and Dean knowing anything of this yet. They’d been excited at the prospect of having a little sister during the first adoption and had been disappointed afterward when it hadn’t worked out. He knew they’d be excited about him taking in this girl, even though she wouldn’t be their sister.

Despite the fact that she wasn’t a baby and was actually twenty-five years old, John knew they’d be okay with it and would be happy to help take care of her. This was going to be a long, difficult road, and he knew it, but he was already starting to have a soft spot for this girl that he hadn’t even seen yet. “I can come in in a few hours if that works for you.”

Upon hearing it was okay if he came in in a while, John hangs up and goes back into the house. Sam and Dean were already discussing how they needed to head home, because they both had work in the morning. Sam was working at an accounting firm and Dean was working at a garage, rebuilding and repairing cars. “It was good to see you, dad.” Sam says, and John smiles, giving both boys a quick hug.

“It was good to see you too, boys.” Both of them could tell there was something going on with him – he seemed much happier than he had just a few minutes prior, but they didn’t want to ask and ruin it. “Come over again soon, you hear? You two are close enough that I should be seeing you both more than once a month.”

Both Sam and Dean agreed that they would start coming by more often, and John watches them as they exit out of his house. He stands on the front porch, watching them get in their cars and drive their respective ways to their houses.

John stands out on the porch for a few more moments, collecting his thoughts. It was possible that his whole life was about to change, all within the matter of a few moments. But if it did, it was going to change for the better.

That thought was what brought John back into the house, pulling on his jacket. He grabs his wallet and keys, putting his shoes on, then going out to his own car. It was only a few minute drive, so within ten minutes he was out of the car and walking into the adoption agency.

‘Springkeep Adoption Agency’ was written in large letters over the top of the doorway, and John breathes out heavily, then taking a deep breath to calm himself. He didn’t know why he was so nervous, but it was a mixture of nerves and excitement. Upon coming to the front desk, he sees a redhead, who he can only assume was Anna. “Anna?” He questions, and Anna looks up from her computer, smiling when she sees him.

“You must be Mr. Winchester!” She stands up, reaching her hand out to shake his hand. John says to call him John, so she nods her head. “John, right. Thank you for coming in on such short notice and for being open to this. She’s an absolute sweetheart, and we’ve had a few people that have wanted to take her home, but with their time commitments it just wasn’t going to work out.”

John smiles, nodding his head. “My boys are all grown, so I’m happy to take someone in who needs a lot of care. I’ll admit I don’t know a whole lot about caring for littles, but I can’t imagine it’s that different from a baby.”

Anna nods her head. “Taking care of littles is a lot like taking care of a baby, yes. But she’s different, due to her brain injury and the abuse she suffered. She’s still very small and malnourished, and she doesn’t like to eat a lot. She also doesn’t make many noises. We believe she’s possibly afraid to make any noises, so she doesn’t cry or anything like that. We have to keep a vigilant eye on her to ensure her needs are being met, because she doesn’t give any indication of anything.”

Sighing, John rubs his hand across the back of his neck. He was a little worried about taking care of someone who had been horrifically abused, but he figured it would just take a lot of patience and love, and he could do that. “Where is she?”

Anna brings them to a door, once again reminding John about her being nervous, and that she didn’t look good. They were trying to keep her out of a diaper as much as possible, due to the terrible rash. But they had a sheet laying over her bottom half along with a pad underneath her to catch any urine or anything else, and she had a soft t-shirt on her upper half.

John slowly approaches the crib, feeling his heart starting to swell as he sees her sucking on her thumb. Through the t-shirt she had on, he could see just how thin she was. It was obvious she had gone hungry much more than the few days it’d taken anyone to find her after her caretakers had overdosed. “Can I…?” He questions, gesturing to the sheet. Anna nods, lifting the sheet for just a moment so he can see. John glances down, then immediately closes his eyes, shaking his head. How someone could do that to someone so defenseless, he would never know.

“Hi, sweetheart.” John coos quietly to her. He reaches a hand down into the crib, going to cup her cheek in his hand, but she immediately tensed, her eyes wide. He quickly stills his hand, going to pull it out of the crib. “You don’t have a pacifier for her?”

“We tried giving her a pacifier, but the only ones we have are the ones for real babies. Those don’t work for her since she has teeth. We tried, but it hasn’t worked out.” Anna says, and John sighs. It was obvious they were fond of her, but they just didn’t have the resources necessary to take care of her how she needed to be.

John nods his head. He thought they would have been able to get one, since she’d been there for a few weeks now, but what did he know? “Can I spend some time with her?” He already knew he was going to be taking her home, but he wanted her to start getting more comfortable with him. It was probably better to establish a rapport there, where she was at least somewhat comfortable, than for the very first time when she was brought to a new home.

Nodding her head, Anna moves toward the crib. She lowers the side of the crib, smiling down at Meredith. “Hey, you.” She says softly, reaching her hand out to smooth her hand over her hair. Meredith tensed up, quickly looking over – only relaxing a little bit when she sees it’s Anna. “I have someone here that wants to meet you. His name’s John. He’s a good guy, okay? He’s not going to hurt you.”

John can see Meredith doesn’t understand what she’s saying, but he’s glad she’s at least saying it. He watches the exchange with soft eyes, then looks up when Anna starts to adjust Meredith. Because she only had a sheet on her bottom half, Anna started to adjust it to where it was more wrapped around her than just laying on top of her. That way she would still be protected, but it would allow it to breathe more than a diaper would.

“Move slowly and carefully. Make sure you look at her and praise her if she makes eye contact with you. But go ahead and pick her up, preferably cradling her instead of setting her on your hip or anything. That way she can look at you.” Anna says and John nods, exhaling nervously.

He moves forward to the crib, reaching his hands back down to her. “Hi, sweetheart.” He says gently, in a soothing tone. “My name’s John. Is it okay if I pick you up and hold you for a little bit?” He reaches his hand out to cup her cheek, wincing himself when she starts to tense. “Shh, it’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you.” John keeps his hand on Meredith’s cheek, gently stroking his thumb over her cheekbone. He waits until she relaxes a little bit, giving a small smile when she does.

Meredith’s eyes were searching the room worriedly, but she was looking everywhere except at John. When he moves a little closer, she suddenly looks up at him. It startles John to suddenly have bright green eyes staring into his own hazel gaze. “Hi, honey!” He says, continuing to keep the soothing tone in his voice. “Such a good girl, looking at me. You’re so brave, you know that?”

Meredith is continuing to stare at him, and John uses the distraction of his voice to slowly place his hand under her legs. He then manages to get his other arm under her upper back, before lifting her up and into his arms. She tenses up, and John just continues to coo to her softly. “I’ve got you. You’re okay.” He says tenderly, starting to sway her a little bit. It was just like holding a toddler. She was so light, from being malnourished for so long, and it had John’s heart aching.

John looks down at the crib where she’d just been laying, his eyes widening when he sees blood on the mat she’d been laying on. “Anna, she’s—”

Anna just nods her head sadly. “As I said, the rash on her bottom is very bad. When we first brought her here, we were hoping using medicines on it would help it and we could still keep her in a diaper. But it only continued getting worse, so eventually we decided no diaper would be best for as long as we could. We’re doing our best to get it healed, or at least closed, but obviously that hasn’t happened yet.”

Just those few sentences Anna speaks has his heart breaking. She’d been through so much pain in her life. Who knew what her life was like before she’d gotten the TBI that made her regress? Who knew what all they did to her while she was regressed? It wasn’t like Meredith could speak up for herself and tell them what had happened. He closes his eyes, exhaling heavily once more, continuing to sway her gently.

“When can I take her home?” John asks, surprising even himself. He had thought he was going to go home and think about it, but he couldn’t. He couldn’t bear to leave her there, knowing that even though they enjoyed having her there, they didn’t have the necessary resources for her.

Anna was certainly surprised that John had asked that with such conviction, but a smile formed on her face. She’d heard of John’s reputation, which was why she thought perhaps he would be a good fit for Meredith. “Well, if you would like, tonight we can get the paperwork ready and you can take her home tomorrow night. Only if that’s feasible for you, though.”

John nods his head. It would be a little difficult getting everything he needed for her in one day, but he would manage. It also wasn’t necessary that he got absolutely everything tomorrow, but he at least needed to get the essentials. Diapers, pajamas, medicines, formula, extra nutrients, pacifiers, and of course, a crib. “That sounds good to me.”

John leans back down to the crib and deposits Meredith into it, then he makes sure to keep his hand where Meredith can see it. “I’m going to be back tomorrow, okay, sweet girl? You just hang in there. I’m going to take such good care of you, I promise.”