Actions

Work Header

Gwynburn Dates

Summary:

@that-random-fanatic off Tumblr and I are writing a series of Gwynburn dates.

Chapter 1: Italian restarunt

Chapter Text

A couple of weeks after the events that occurred in Idris, Gwyn took it upon himself to see how Diana and the other residents of the L.A institute were doing. He had gone to the window of Diana's office, in the hope of finding her there. Much to his luck, she was.

"Gwyn!" She exclaimed and, although it was small and quick, she smiled as she hurried to the window. "My lovely lady, I came to see how you and the others were doing after everything" Gwyn said with such concern in his voice Diana's heart melted. "The first week was difficult, on all of us, but things are getting better. Livvy wouldn't want us all hurting" she said, and Gwyn nodded at her words.

"As the hurt is healing, I was wondering if you would grace me with your company" Gwyn asked, and Diana found herself smiling. It wasn't just at the thought of spending time with Gwyn that made her smile, but the fact that asking her on a date made the fearless leader of the wild hunt nervous. "You may do Gwyn, would you like to come is as we decide what we do?" she answered. Gwyn couldn't have gotten off his horse and into the room fast enough.

Diana should really have learned from the first time Gwyn had made suggestions for dates, but his obvious excitement meant she found her asking "Did you have anything in mind Gwyn?" It seemed Gwyn did have ideas, plenty of them and all of them faerie ones. "I could take us on a raft in the middle of an ocean, or treat you to lunch in a subterranean lunch spot, or take you on an adventure half a world away, or show you another realm on this earth. I could even show you the wonders of Antarctica…."

With Gwyn's last suggestion Diana raised an eyebrow and interrupted Gwyn with "Gwyn I live in a place where it doesn't snow! Antarctica would kill me." The horror on Gwyns face was obvious. "I did not know my lady was allergic to snow, which is a true shame as I do love it so. Does that mean that you are also allergic to water?" and the panic in his voice obvious, and Diana had to stop herself from giggling.

"No Gwyn I am not allergic to snow, but merely used to the heat and would not deal well the cold" she explained and Gwyn's face just lit up. "I must admit, I am not too sure about your ideas though. Maybe at a later stage I will try some of your faerie customs, but now, maybe we could go to the Italian restaurant down the road?". If Gwyn had been disappointed that his ideas had been shot down he did not show it. "If that is what you wish my lady, then it is what we shall do".

Half and hour later, they were ready to go and Diana had told the others that she was going out for a couple of hours. The fact Gwyn was there, made everyone realise it was a date, even though neither Gwyn not Diana said those words. They had scarcely it to the bottom of the Institute steps when Diana slipped her fingers into Gwyns, where they stayed until they were seated in the restaurant.

As it turns out, Gwyn had been so used to eating butchered up bits of meat, that he had lost practice on eating finer foods. Somehow he managed to get pasta sauce all over his face, including a blob of sauce ending up on a spot over his eyebrow. Diana had taken it upon herself to gently remove it with her napkin. Gwyn had blushed then, saying "I apologize if i am embarrassing you my lady" and Diana simply took his hand, looked him in his bi-colored eyes saying "Gwyn, you might be a little bit of a dork at times, but I admit that might be why am falling for you" and that for Gwyn, was one of the best things he had heard in a long time.

A bit later on, Diana had taken a mouthful of the pizza she had been eating, Only to be attached by a long string of cheese. Realising she was struggling, Gwyn just fancy swooshed his small knife through it making several people turn and stare, but Gwyn and Diana were so in their own little bubble that they didn't notice.

They were so enclosed in their own bubble of laughing at Diana's stories of the Blackthorns and Gwyns attempts at flirting, that they were unaware of the drama unfolding around them. Another Customer had somehow set their sleeve on fire with the candle on the table, and chaos had naturally followed. It wasn't until someone started screaming next to Diana was there a reaction from them. Raising an eyebrow, Diana asked the screamer "are you currently dying?" in a tone that showed just how unimpressed she was. The person simply shook their head mumbling "no".

Diana was now even less impressed. "Well would you mind being quiet, for we are trying to enjoy our meal and you are making this most difficult" and with that she returned her attention to Gwyn who was the loveheart emoji in human form. As they sat their, giving each other spoonfuls of Ice Cream, they had no idea Mark and Emma had followed them and were sitting the opposite side of the room, 120% invested in the romance unfolding in front of them.

*Cut to Mark and Emma*

"Oh isn't that so romantic Mark?" Emma sighed, taking yet another photo to send to Jules, who was responding with everyone's reactions (in particular his, Cristina's and Kieran's). "I did not realise it was possible for Gwyn to have such feeling but Diana is very much of Gwyn's hearts it seems" Mark nodded, unable to take his eyes off just how soft Gwyn was with Diana. "I know, we shall send over some champagne" Emma exclaimed and motioned for a miserable looking waiter to come over.

"Would you be able to send a bottle of champagne over to that table please. We would pay of course but could you keep it anonymous?" Emma asked, and the waiter wasn't impressed in the slightest. "And how is it two goth kids have the funds for such things?" he grumbled. Emma waved her hand "that sir is none of your concern, now stop trying to get in the way of true love" and it was obvious no more was going to come out of Emma, as she had resumed her staring.

The waiter just stood, glaring at the pair. Mark looked up saying "If you do not mind good sir you are blocking the view of true love, now if you do not mind, could you please move and do as my friend asked" and with that the waiter left, convinced by Gwyn and Marks speech they were related. Bringing the champagne over to Gwyn and Diana, the waiter (who was so annoyed that Mark and Emma seemed to have more money than he did) went "those two goth kids sent this over".

Realising they had been bust, Mark attempted to hide, but his attempt as so ha he may as well not have bothered, (there was a bamboo plant near them and Mark had used his faerie speed to get behind it, but you could still very much see him) and Emma, knowing there wasn't much for her to do, smiled and waved at the couple. Diana rolled her eyes and Gwyn was trying to hide his amusement. "Thank you for bringing that over, but I think it is a good time for us to pay our bill" Diana said, and made sure Emma and Mark did the same. After a bit of disagreement, Gwyn ended up paying for the food (he'd got mundane money courtesy of Mark and Cristina. Diana had wanted to at least pay half but he was none of it) and with that they all left.

Emma and Mark walking behind Diana and Gwyn with her arms folded. "You could have just let Jules pick us up" she complained. Diana rolled her eyes "and have another person stare at us I don't think so Emma" she replied and Gwyn just softly smiled at her. By the time they had returned, Diana sent Mark and Emma inside to have a private moment with Gwyn, not noticing that most of the Blackthorns were at the windows armed with phones and Tavvy had escaped and was currently standing next to the car openly staring at them. It wasn't until Jules slipped out, took his brothers hand and steered him back indoors whispering "you need to be more subtle Tavs" did they notice.

Taking Diana's hand, Gwyn led her a slight distance from the Institute (although from where they were, the inhabitants could still see them) to say his goodbyes. "I enjoyed myself my lady with you by my side" Gwyn said, and Diana smiled at him. "As did I my Gwyn, I hope we can do something similar soon" Diana replied. Gwyn beamed, and as he did his face just lit up like the sun.

Gwyn then gently put his hands on Diana's waist, slowly lowered his lips to hers (as to give her time to react) he gently kissed her on the lips. Sensing this was to much of a private moment to watch, the Blackthorns and Co scattered from the windows. Diana kissed back, wrapping her arms round his neck to pull him closer to her. It was perfect, and neither of them wanted it to end, but soon their need to kiss was too great, and they broke, resting each others foreheads together, giggling like a couple of lovestruck teenagers.

Gwyn softly kissed Diana again, then whispered, "until the next time my love" then got on his horse which had appeared and left, with Diana watching him go, her fingers lightly on her lips where he had kissed her moments before. Once he was out of sight, she turned and went into the Institute. Closing the doors she leant her back against them and gave out a giddy laugh.

That's when the applause started. Tavvy was running around cheering, and Diana just looked around this was the Blackthorns (and co) accepting her relationship with Gwyn. Glancing over at Kieran, she noticed the Prince was also clapping, and on making eye contact, his hair paled and he smiled. One of the few things Kieran wanted was for Gwyn to be happy, and he knew with Diana, Gwyn was going to be the happiest Faerie around. His smile let Diana he approved. Things for Diana Wrayburn were certainly improving