HK-47 has managed to end up in some truly unlikely places and has made a sport of surviving situations that he had no business surviving only to resurface in some unlikely or convenient place. Why not resurface one more time?
A single point of divergence that leads to a VERY different galaxy as Anakin goes through life with HK's influence.
- This story is not to be taken seriously. Have fun, make us laugh, make yourself laugh while writing it!
- Point of divergence is Anakin using something containing HK's memories in the construction of what would have been 3PO.
- Enough of HK was left over to retrieve, repair, and propagate the rest of his memory through the new construct. In the end, HK-47 is back from the dead... again.
- HK meets R2... HK doesn't understand how such an inferior droid can be so effective in the ways of mayhem and decides to study him. They become the best of friends.
- I would suggest that the Jedi take Anakin in order to have a positive influence on him for fear of what HK might convince him to do.
- Shmi gets free. Because HK would not allow such an obvious weakness to his master's security remain.
- It was canon at one point that if a Droid stayed sentient long enough it would develop a limited Force presence and could potentially become Force sensitive; though, the later was never confirmed.
- HK is HIGHLY offended by Trade Federation droids and proceeds to... appropriate as many as he can for "correction." Long story short: he takes possession of said droids, he reprograms them, he retrofits them to his exacting requirements, and he will call them all "Minion."
- Qui-Gon lives. Why? Because HK is elated at the chance to fight a Sith again only to be somewhat disappointed when Maul fails to measure up.