Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of S Plus D Equals K
Stats:
Published:
2018-02-03
Completed:
2018-02-09
Words:
24,635
Chapters:
11/11
Comments:
15
Kudos:
110
Bookmarks:
7
Hits:
2,335

S Plus D Equals K

Summary:

Kim Possible's life goes for a loop when she finds out facts about her main foes that turns her relationship with them on its side. Crack concept.

Chapter 1: Awkweird Turn

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Beep beep be beep!

The sound of the Kimmunicator rang loud and clear through the lab.

“What did I tell you about phones ,” her professor warned her.

“Sorry Dr Wrigley!” Kim said apologetically. She wished she could’ve answered it. Really, she did! But she was already in trouble for bouncing out of the test the previous week. It wouldn’t do her or anyone any good if she got flunked from her class for poor attendance.

Today, they were doing a lab experiment related to blood. Really basic stuff, but one had to start somewhere in Biology 101...

Kim currently had her own blood sitting on the petri dishes they’d been given. Finally, after getting her own vials of A and B antibodies, she dropped a splash on one, then the other pool of blood in the dish.

She watched the blood, waiting for it to coagulate.

Nothing happened.

“Hm…” Strange. She called the professor over, who went through the process step-by-step, just to make sure Kim had done it right.

She had.

So that meant… Kim was type O? That couldn’t be right… She flipped back to the records her parents had given her for her genealogy paper for that same class. To her shock, her memory didn’t fail her…

It had been a family joke that her parents were ‘typed to match’...

Both being AB.


 

“Wade, I need a favor…” Kim brusquely walked across the Upperton College campus to the parking lot, a nervous edge in her voice.

“Go ahead, Kim!”

“It’s not related to a mission or anything,” she stated outright. “This would be a personal favor.”

Wade smirked, a sparkle in his eye. “Considering all you’ve done for me? No favors between us.”

Kim smiled a genuine smile, the first since she saw the results of her blood typing. “Thanks Wade. You rock!”

“Whoa now, you haven’t even asked me about what the favor is!” Wade teased. “I’m not even sure I can help you yet!”

“I’m definitely sure you can.” Kim plucked a few hairs from her head. “Do you think you could run a DNA test on this?”

“I’d prefer a cheek swab, if you don’t mind…” he answered, pushing a button. A small cotton swab popped out of the top of her watch. “Say ‘ahhhh’!”

“Ahhh-.. ACK!” Kim choked a little as the swab did its job, sampling the inside of her mouth. “A little too far back…”

“Sorry about that,” Wade sheepishly replied. Typing away, he offhandedly asked, “So, what kind of DNA test are we running? Looking for abnormalities?”

“Actually, it’s more of a parental gene test…”

He stopped typing. “Huh?”

Kim sighed, afraid and wishing she didn’t have to say these words… But she did. “My parents... Might not be my parents…”

Wade winced. “Okay. So you want a DNA test ran on them to make sure?”

“And if you could run it through all known databases for DNA, that’d be spankin’!”

“All of them? Including GJ?”

Kim paused, then sighed. There was always that possibility. “Yeah, Wade. Even GJ.”

“Gotcha.” He typed a few moments, then winced. “You might wanna sit down…”

Her stomach dropped. “...I’m not their daughter, am I?”

Morosely, slowly, he answered, “...no, you’re not.”

“Great.” Kim bit her lip and fought back tears. This was so not how she’d expected her day to go...

“I’ll start running the rest of the results. It might take a while…”

“That’s fine. You’re a miracle worker,” the redhead said honestly.

Wade gave the thumbs-up. “I’ve got your back.”

“Right on.” The link between them closed, perfect timing as she had just walked up to the Sloth.

Now, it was time to have a candid talk with the ‘rents.


She decided the direct approach was the best idea.

“Why didn’t you tell me that I’m adopted?” she said as soon as she walked in the door of their newly built house, not caring about who or what heard her.

Her parents paused mid-discussion on the couch, gawking. The tweebs, laying on the floor watching tv per the norm, just kind of stared, looking between their sister and their parents.

“What?” Jim asked stupidly.

“What’s she talking about?” Tim finished the thought.

“Boys, you may want to leave the room…” her father said, eyes never leaving Kim.

“But we wanna know what-..”

Boys .” The tone brooked no room for argument. Deflating, the twins got up from where they had been laying and stomped their way up to their rooms. The door closing could’ve been heard from outside with how hard they slammed it.

Silence reigned for a full minute. Neither side seemed willing to start the discussion. Frustration built in Kim. Why were they just sitting there? Did they really have nothing to say?

Finally, her mother haltingly said, “We didn’t… Really adopt you…”

That cut her frustration off, the very idea flooring her. Thoughts rushing, she asked the first thing she thought, “You kidnapped me?!”

“Ohhhh no! No no no!” her father said, standing up from the couch. He walked over to the nearby shelf and pulled off his pipe - a sign that he was stressed to the moon.

He stuffed it full of tobacco and lit it as Anne admonished, “Kimmie! I can’t believe you accused us of kidnapping you!”

Kim’s shoulders slumped. “I’m sorry. Just…” She walked over to the couch and sat by her mother. “I’m so confused…”

“I’m sure you are, Bubble-Butt,” her mom said, wrapping an arm around her fellow redhead and pulling her in for a hug. “We don’t have many answers, but we can tell you what we know…”

“I knew this day would come…” James sighed, blowing out a small cloud of smoke. “I was just hoping it wouldn’t …”

“So…” Kim trailed off, unsure how to ask for more.

Fortunately, her mother read her mind. “It’s pretty simple, Kimmie. One night, there was a knock on our door. We answered, and there in a small bundle was you…”

“I was a doorstop baby?” Her world felt dim. An unwanted child, tossed away like that…

“I don’t think your parents didn’t want you,” Anne rushed, again reading Kim’s mind. “You were wrapped in a snuggly, if slightly dirty, blanket…”

A blanket? That was… “Do you still have the blanket?”

You still have the blanket, Kimmie-cub,” her father said, waving his pipe at the ceiling. “It’s the one in your room, on the top shelf of your closet.”

Kim found herself rushing up the stairs to her room. She made her way to the closet. Flinging it open, she searched through the various knick-knacks for the blanket.

Her baby blanket…

Almost reverently, she pulled it down from the shelf. She’d never really bothered to look too closely at it, relegating it to a normal family heirloom status. But now…

Faded stitching, still legible even with the frayed ends, was in one corner. The name ‘Kimberly’ was there in shaky stitching, almost as if a hand unfamiliar with sewing put it there. She’d originally thought that her grandmother had done it, but now that she was looking it was an odd thought to have. Her grandma was better at sewing and stitching than this.

“See Kimmie-cub?” Her dad appeared behind her, giving her a shoulder hug. “Your parents did want you!”

“One of them, at least…” Kim wondered, which was it? Which of her biological parents had cared enough to make her a blanket like this before abandoning her?

“Don’t think like that, Bubble-Butt,” her mom said. “I’m sure they both cared.”

“Then…” Tears threatened her eyes again. “Then why did they abandon me?”

Her parents looked between each other, not saying anything. All they could really do was give her another hug.

“It doesn’t matter,” Anne murmured into Kim’s hair. “All that matters is that you’re ours, and that we love you.”

“...yeah, that’s true…” Kim gave both of her parents a one-armed hug. “I love you too.” What did it matter if they weren’t her biological parents? They were still her parents at the end of it all.

Beep beep be beep!

There it was. Time of judgment. Flipping the Kimmunicator on, she said, “Go Wade.”

On the screen, Wade sat, giving her a weird look. “Yeah, uh, Kim? You’ll want to sit down for this.”

Her parents gave her a strange look. Sheepishly, she admitted, “I asked Wade to run my DNA…”

Instead of being upset, they both nodded.

“Makes sense,” her dad said, puffing another cloud. He awkwardly paused and asked, “Do you want us here for you, Kimmie-cub?”

Kim considered it for a moment. Should she? Should she be selfish and have them here for her, or should she take this on herself?

“...could you please stay?” She didn’t want to be alone for this.

“Of course we can, honey,” her mom said, motioning towards the bed. The three Possibles sat together, each taking their own time to try and get comfortable.

Sighing, not wanting to put it off any longer, Kim said, “Okay Wade… What did you find?”

“Well, uh, yeah… Good news, I found your parents…” Her heart leapt in her chest. “The bad news is who they are…” Tilting his head, he muttered, “Strangely, your dad - so weird saying that - is listed in the GJ database as personnel…”

“Wade…” Kim said testily. She knew he was trying to avoid the topic. “Tell me!”

“I, ah…” He sighed, then apparently steeled himself. “Your parents are Shego and Drakken.”

“...real funny, Wade.” The redhead rolled her eyes. “But seriously, who’re my parents?”

“Drakken and Shego are.” No trace of humor in his voice. None. “They are your parents.”

Drakken… And Shego… Are… Kim felt lightheaded, blood pumping loudly in her ears.

 She barely felt the bed cushioning her fall as she passed out.


“...ie… Ki… ...mie…”

A voice was calling out to her. She couldn’t tell who it was. She didn’t really want to. Staying in this nice warm dark space… It was nice and quiet and-..

Kimmie !”

She shot up, head knocking hard into whoever was yelling at her.

“Ouch!” Kim hunched back, rubbing at her head. Standing above her, her mother was doing the same.

“Kimmie-cub, you fainted…”

“...it wasn’t a dream.” Her parents shook their heads. “...so… Drakken and Shego…”

“Yeah,” her dad said, looking extremely awkward. “Drew is your, ah, dad.”

“But Shego seemed nice when she was visiting,” her mother offered.

“She’d been reverse polarized,” Kim said, exasperated. “She’s not normally like that. Normally, she’s snarky and mean and…” She tilted her head at the sudden thought. “...do you think they know who I am?”

“I don’t understand.” James puffed out another plume of smoke. “Do you mean where you ended up?”

“No, Dad. I mean, do they know who I am ? Do they know I’m their daughter? Do they even realize…?” She thought back to all the fights, all the times the two teams had done battle, had come close to killing each other. Did they know, even then, that they were possibly committing filicide?

...no. Kim knew them well enough as people to know that they wouldn’t do that. With how dedicated Drakken is to his mother, and how offhandedly charitable Shego was to her brothers, she knew they couldn’t ever pull that off.

...so what happened? How had this even occurred? Did they even know what happened? When they’d been on the Lorwardian ship, Shego had been denying her and Drakken’s relationship… Did they just… Fall apart?

There was definitely more to this.

“Sorry Mom, Dad, but I have to jet.” She kissed them both on the cheek. “It’s not world-saving, but it’s definitely something .”

“Gonna go have it out with the ‘rents?” her dad asked, strangely mirroring her own thoughts from earlier.

“Something like that…”

“You may want to call Ronald in for this,” her mom warned. “They may not be in a good mood when you visit.”

“And you may want to use their front door,” James wisely advised.

“Will do!” Kim almost cringed as she thought on the man with the similar name, but shook herself out of it. There were more important things to take care of.

She rushed down the steps, pulling her Kimmunicator back up. “Sorry about that, Wade…”

"It’s okay. Do you need a lift? They’re at the Caribbean lair right now.”

Kim thought about it. “...nah. I have enough gas in the Sloth to get there and back. I think this is something that I’ll want to be able to get in and out of quick, just in case.”

“Gotcha.” Wade smiled. “Well, good luck! I’ll make sure the flight plans are in place for the Sloth’s clearance.”

“Please and thank you!” Wade waved and signed out. As she went to her car, she called Ron up. “Ron? It’s Kim. I’ve got the craziest thing to tell you…”

Notes:

That's right, this is a 'Kim-as-Drakken-and-Shego's-child' fic. Bet you haven't seen one of those before.