Actions

Work Header

Crashing into You

Chapter 9

Notes:

Spicy chapter = NSFW

Hope you like it! If you do or have anything else to say, please don't hesitate to come and find me on Tumblr. I go by the same name there.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Maybe it was a weird thing, but as I sat there and watched him as he drank, I concluded that watching Atlas greatly appreciate a glass of his favorite whiskey was strangely sensual.

We had made a beeline for the bar as soon as we got inside the Promise, and Atlas had wasted no time on deciding what to get. He had gone straight for a bottle of whiskey that had almost been hidden away in the back and hummed in approval after opening it as he took in the aroma of it. While he was busy with pouring us a couple of glasses, I plopped down in the couch and simply waited for him to join me. Feeling a little flirty, I met his glance with my own as soon as he turned around, letting him know that I had been watching and waiting.

‘’You look comfortable,’’ he stated as he approached me.

‘’I will be a lot more comfortable when I have a drink in my hand and you next to me,’’ I smiled, trying to tease him a bit but my straightforwardness only made him smirk in return.

‘’If I hear one more sentence like that out of you, then you’re losing your booze privilege,’’ he warned me, making me chuckle as I accepted the glass he was offering me.

‘’What? I’m not allowed to flirt with you?’’ I tried to pout, but it was hard making it look real when I couldn’t stop smiling. I took a sip while watching as he sat down next to me, but my attention was stolen by the whiskey as I tasted it. ‘’Oh, this is nice,’’ I hummed and had another sip, ‘’is that a hint of caramel?’’

‘’You’re getting better,’’ Atlas smiled and looked a little proud.

‘’I’m guessing it’s expensive?’’

‘’More than you know,’’ he huffed while smiling before drinking. He moved the glass to make the whiskey swirl, looking like he was contemplating something. ‘’Luckily, this was sitting around in an abandoned warehouse, and leaving it there would obviously have been a waste.’’

‘’Why does that sound shady?’’ I laughed.

‘’Well, the owner had just been collected by us, so the abandonment was rather new,’’ he chuckled as he moved his arm to lie on top of the backrest behind me.

‘’Sounds awfully convenient,’’ I smiled and leaned closer to him.

‘’More like a lucky coincidence.’’ He was smiling softly as he lifted his glass to his lips. I watched as he tasted the whiskey, his expression softening as he appreciated the flavors. My eyes moved to his Adam’s apple, watching it move as he swallowed. For a moment, I got lost in the thought of kissing his throat, imagining what it would be like to tease him with my lips and teeth. The fantasy lasted until he put the glass down, resting it on his thigh before turning his head to look at me.

I looked up and met his glance with my own. Maybe it was just because of the lighting, but it looked like his eyes darkened when he saw the desire in mine. Neither of us said a word as we sat there, but we both leaned in at the same time, causing our lips to meet halfway in an eager kiss.

It started out soft like we were still testing each other, but it soon turned heated as we both got into it. Immediately, we drew closer on the couch, our breaths mingling as we paused to move our glasses to the table. His arm moved around me and towards him, making me moan softly before his lips found mine again. The taste of whiskey lingered on his lips as he kissed me with a desire that made my heart rate quicken. I parted my lips before he had even had a chance to express his need for me, but he took advantage of it straight away and deepened the kiss.

I hummed against his lips as I pressed closer to him, desperate for more contact. Caught up in the moment, I kissed him hard and moved to straddle him on the couch. He took a sharp breath as I repositioned myself, and his hands quickly found my hips before slowly moving up my sides. Recalling the urge from what had been just minutes ago; one of my hands gripped his short hair and pulled it to guide his head back while I broke the kiss. A groan rumbled in his chest, but he had to swallow when my lips greedily made their way down his jaw and onto his throat.

His breathing turned heavy as I got familiar with the taste of the skin on his throat and neck. Gradually, I used my teeth to further tease him, drawing small huffs and faint moans from him as I got bolder. His hands gripped my hips tightly when I bit him harder than before, making him draw a sharp breath. Feeling satisfied, I kissed the skin I had just abused before leaning back to take a look at his face.

His eyes were narrowed and darkened by desire when they found mine, effectively sending a spark of electricity down my spine. He leaned forward while one of his hands moved up to the back of my head where his fingers tangled themselves in my hair. His lips sought mine like they were the only things he could think about, the only thing he desired to feel and taste.

Wanting more, I started rocking my hips back and forth, grinding my lower body against his. It was easy to feel that he was as aroused that I was. He groaned against my lips as he pushed his hips upwards, eagerly meeting mine and letting me feel how hard he was. Arousal and desire rushed through me, leaving me to moan longingly while I moved against him.

It was like we reached a silent agreement. My arms stayed around his neck while his moved beneath me, supporting me as he stood up. I kept kissing him while we headed straight for his bedroom, but I had to stop and laugh when he had to angle himself correctly before he could open the door. Once inside, he ignored the lights but locked the door before moving to the bed and lowered me onto it. Although my arms moved away from his neck, my legs stayed where they were, keeping our bodies close as our lips reunited in a heated kiss.

My hands busied themselves with removing his jacket. Knowing how much it meant to him, I kept my recklessness under control as I slipped it off him. Usually, clothes mattered little to me in a situation like this, but this was actually a piece of clothing that I respected. However, my sentiment didn’t save it from being pushed to the floor when I had finally removed it from his body. As soon as I could, my hands explored his upper body. My fingers traced the curves of his muscles before focusing on his suspenders as I started to work them off his shoulders.

‘’Someone’s a bit eager,’’ he hummed before his mouth started to focus on tracing my jawline.

‘’Sorry,’’ I smiled before taking a quick breath when he found a soft spot behind my ear. Suddenly, I wondered if I was moving too fast for him. The last thing I wanted was to pressure him. ‘’Atlas, if this is-if I’m moving too fast-‘’ I started but he didn’t even let me finish speaking.

‘’Tess,’’ he said my name before leaning back, making our eyes meet. ‘’If I wasn’t interested in being with you like this, then I wouldn’t have carried you to my bedroom in the first place,’’ he told me, his tone serious but calm as he reassured me.

‘’Good, I just wanted to be sure,’’ I smiled and moved my hands up to frame his face. His expression softened as I touched him. ‘’And again, sorry if I seem a little too eager,’’ I chuckled and guided his face down, wanting to kiss him again.

‘’It’s fine, I like eager,’’ he hummed as he leaned down, catching my lips with his.

I smiled before I kissed him back. My hands snaked their way back down to his chest, slowly sliding down it as I prolonged the inventible just a little longer. Finally, my curiosity took over, prompting my hands to move back up and free him of his suspenders. Next on the list was his shirt, and I made far quicker work of getting that off. I kissed him hard as I ran my hands down his bare chest. I knew he was in good shape, which was still sort of a mystery to me when he basically lived of whiskey, but I had simply accepted that he must have some sort of hidden fitness routine, but even with that in mind, I was pleasantly surprised by how toned his stomach felt.

Wanting to see exactly what he had been hiding under that thick jacket, I flipped us over, once again straddling him as I sat on top of him. The sudden change in our position had clearly surprised him, but he went with it, watching me with great interest as he waited to see why I had put myself on top. I hummed in satisfaction as I got comfortable and let my eyes run over his chest. My teeth sank into my bottom lip as I appreciated the sight before me, and I noticed how a faint blush had crept into his cheeks. Still, even with the slight blush on his face, I could tell that he was enjoying the way I was eating him up.

‘’Is there something on my chest?’’ He asked while smirking, looking incredibly smug.

‘’Just enjoying the view.’’

‘’Yeah? I take it that you like what you’re seeing then?’’

‘’I always like what I see when I look at you, but I didn’t expect you to be so…’’ I gestured to all of him when I couldn’t find the word I was looking for.

‘’So… what?’’ He continued, making me laugh in delight when he appeared to be fishing for a compliment.

I hummed as my eyes traveled down his torso again. If he really wanted a compliment, then I wasn’t about to cheat him of one, but it wouldn’t be without having a little fun as well.

‘’Well,’’ I started and slowly traced a finger along the lines of his abs, ‘’how honest would you like me to be?’’ I smiled and leaned forward, using my other arm to hold myself up while my finger moved up to his collarbone. ‘’Like how I find you incredibly handsome and was attracted to you from the very start, or maybe you would like to hear about how thoughts you of kept me up at night out in the dark lounge?’’ I asked in a sultry tone and watched how his eyes narrowed as I came closer to him. I was close enough to kiss him if I wanted to, but I settled for letting my finger trace an invisible line up his throat, making him shudder. ‘’If you want, I can even tell you about exactly what I did while thinking of you in the darkness.’’ I lowered my voice as I spoke, maintaining eye contact while my hand moved down and placed it on his chest.

He had to swallow before taking a shaky breath, looking like he was imagining exactly what I wanted him to and the streak of red across his face turned more noticeable. His reaction made me smile with satisfaction. ‘’You’re not too shy to use dirty tricks, are you?’’ He hummed in a low tone, making me chuckle.

‘’Not when it’s you, no,’’ I replied before giving him a quick but passionate kiss. I pulled away after that and leaned back into a sitting position. His eyes followed me as I moved, focusing on my hands when they found the edge of my blouse.

He watched me as I stripped myself of it, but he couldn’t keep his hands off me once it was gone and thrown to the floor. They wandered up my sides, following my curves until he reached my bra. I was about to make a joke about him needing help with it, but he snapped it open before I even had a chance to open my mouth. One of his arms moved around me, keeping me in place as he sat up and brought us closer together. My breathing hitched as his mouth pressed against my throat while the arm around me pressed my lower body against his. My head fell back to give him further access to my throat, and a moan escaped me as he took advantage of it. When his mouth started to travel further down, I tipped my upper body backward, supporting myself by putting one hand on the bed.

My breathing turned uneven when his free hand cupped my left breast and his thumb brushed over my nipple. His damp breath hit my skin before his lips pressed against it, leaving a trail of kisses down my chest and cleavage. He proceeded to toy with me, chuckling against my skin as I practically whimpered when he kept teasing the area around it and not the nipple itself. I groaned his name in frustration, grinding against him just to get some of the stimulation that I craved. He let out a faint moan before he finally granted me my wish.

I cursed under my breath as his mouth started to work me into a haze. Small moans and whimpers fell from my lips as I started to grind myself against him, finding an angle that made both of our breathing heavy. Clearly, what he was doing was working, but I had reached the point where I needed more of him.

‘’Atlas,’’ I purred his name, my voice thick with desire, and he caught my drift when my hand tipped his head upwards. I kissed him as soon as I could, breathing in through my nose as I kept his lips occupied in a way that made him moan against my own. I greedily swallowed each moan while I pushed him backward, following him down until he was on his back again. From there, I worked my way down, placing languid kisses all the way down his upper body.

Once I had moved into a better position and gotten comfortable, I glanced at him while my fingers undid his pants. He swallowed as I pulled both his pants and boxers down in one go, freeing him from the confinement. When I closed my hand around the shaft of his erection, I quickly concluded that he definitely had nothing to be ashamed of, and it only made me more excited. If I had been less impatient, I would have toyed with him like he had with me, but the thought was not even seriously considered by me. Instead, I went straight to it, making him choke on a moan as I closed my lips around his head.

From the beginning, it was obvious that he was trying to be subtle about his sounds, but he had trouble with sticking to his plan. As soon as I got into it and moved both my hand and head up and down, his plan fell to pieces as he loudly cursed. One of his hands went straight to my head and grabbed a fistful of my hair, but he did nothing to alter my movements, which I was rather happy about. From there on, his sounds spurred me on; allowing me to experiment with what he liked the best while also giving my confidence a little boost.

He cursed under his breath while he barely managed to keep his hips still, telling me that he was getting close. With the intention of continuing to another activity, I pulled away from him, flashing him a smug grin when our eyes met. He was still breathing quickly as I made my way back up to him and gave him an almost chaste kiss. Not satisfied, his hands framed my face as he murmured a low ‘’come here’’ before pressing his lips against mine in a hungry kiss.

He turned us over while he still had me locked up in his fierce kiss. Apparently as impatient as me, one hand trailed down my torso and stopped at my pants. His fingers deftly undid the button and zipper, allowing him to slip his hand beneath my underwear. I gasped when he wasted no time and his calloused fingers finding exactly what they had set out to locate. I rocked against his hand and moaned into a kiss, but my newfound source of pleasure was short-lived. Much to my disappointment, he withdrew his hand from me, leaving me to make a noise that voiced my feelings. As a response, he merely gave me a quick but passionate kiss.

He sat back while his hands got busy with removing my pants and underwear. I lifted my hips to help him and was quickly completely naked with him between my legs. For a moment, I forgot how to breathe when I saw how he was looking at me. Giving himself a few, quick strokes, his eyes ran over my body, looking like he was trying to memorize every curve he laid his eyes on. My pulse was racing when his eyes found mine, and the intense look in them made it feel like my whole body was on fire.

It was his turn to flash me a smug smirk as he moved down, kissing me on my inner thigh before his mouth and tongue continued where his fingers had left off. I took a sharp breath when his tongue pressed against me, and both of my hands went to grip the sheets when he did it just right. Much to my satisfaction, he quickly involved his fingers and slowly pushed two of them into me, easily making me moan.

‘’Yes! Just like that!’’ I gasped and rocked my hips against him, not able to keep still.

At no point was I concerned about hiding my sounds. I was far too caught up in the moment to even consider that some of the others might figure out what was happening if they were anywhere close to Atlas’ room. Instead, I was way more focused on what his mouth and fingers were currently doing to me.

Given how long we had already been at it, it didn’t take much for me to reach the point where I was nearly falling to pieces. I cursed and arched my back when his fingers curled inside me, stroking a spot that made me see stars. My reaction made his know exactly which spot to focus on, rapidly pushing me towards the edge. When I finally fell from it, it was intense and fulfilling, rushing through me like a wildfire. My moan was breathless and unsteady; sounding like it barely managed escaped my body.

‘’Stars, I needed that,’’ I breathed and smiled before sighing in satisfaction. I hazily opened my eyes when I felt Atlas shift his position, moving so that he was on top of me again. He placed his left forearm on the bed above my head, using it support his weight and keeping himself propped up, and the other hand moved to caress my side.  My own freed themselves from the sheet and moved up to touch him instead, one of them following a line that started at his lower back and moved up to grab his shoulder. Our eyes met while I readjusted my legs so that they hugged his hips before gesturing for him to continue. His lips found mine as he moved his hand down between us to position himself. Then, he pushed into me, not stopping until he was fully inside me.

I threw my head back and let out a low moan. I couldn’t describe how satisfying it felt to be filled by him, and listening to his shaky breathing only made it better. His hand moved to my hip and gripped it when he started to thrust into me, slow and deep.

‘’Fuck, this feels good.’’ The words slipped out without much thought, but they expressed what was going on inside my head pretty well.

Atlas chuckled before placing a kiss on my throat, drawing a soft moan from me. Gradually, he increased the pace and force of his thrusts, the hand on my hip keeping me steady as our bodies collided. Breathing quickly, I threw an arm around his neck to bring him closer to me, allowing me to kiss him greedily and express my desire for him through it.

Wanting more, I angled my hips upwards, finding an angle that made me moan and him curse in a shaky breath. His grip on my hip tightened as he settled into a hard but slightly slower rhythm, stroking a spot inside me that made me moan surprisingly loud.

‘’That was loud,’’ he commented in a teasing tone. His breath hit my lips because of how close together we were, and hearing how husky his voice had become nearly drove me wild.

‘’Shut up,’’ I huffed before kissing him, channeling my embarrassment into it. He hummed as he returned the kiss, clearly amused over my answer, but I kept him from commentating on it by keeping his mouth occupied. My hand moved up to the back of his head, running my fingers through his hair as I kissed him deeply. It turned messy real quick, but moans and soft grunts interrupted us as he increased the pace. His movements pressing me down into the mattress with each thrust, and I absolutely loved feeling his weight on top of me.

It was exhilarating how our bodies collided against each other in fast and hard thrusts, but without making it any less intimate. I realized how much I had needed it. Mixed with my rapid heartbeat, all I could hear was his quick breathing and our bodies meeting, and I could think of nothing else than how amazing it felt to have him this close to me. It was a distraction that had been much needed, and I fully gave myself over to it.

My head fell back while I clung to him, moaning while desperately keeping my hips in the right angle to take in as much of his as I possibly could in that position. His mouth moved to my throat, easily taking advantage of how exposed it was while he kept the intensity going for a while longer before he had to slow down. It felt like my heart was about to burst through my ribcage while his damp breath hit my throat. His lips pressed against it tenderly, matching the pace he had slowed downed to and the much gentler way he thrust. The grip on my hip eased while his lips kept planting gentle and tender kisses on my throat.

‘’Well, that was pretty fucking amazing,’’ I huffed and relaxed my hold on him. My words had him chuckling in the way that I loved, and it felt like my heart grew three sizes just from hearing it. I smiled as I tilted my head back up, meeting his glance as he moved in to give me a kiss. ‘’Alright, big guy, my turn,’’ I grinned and smacked his arm to make him turn over.

‘’I’m throwing you out if you ever call me that again,’’ he muttered as he moved to lie on his back.

I couldn’t stop myself from laughing as I moved on top of him and straddled him again. His hands found my hips and gave them a squeeze. Our eyes met while I got comfortable, and I quickly found myself smiling. There was a soft, unguarded look in his eyes when they met mine, making me pause while his hands slowly moved up my sides. I sat still for a moment, entirely mesmerized by how he was looking at me in such a tender, warm way, and I completely forgot to breathe for a moment.

Neither of said a thing as we simply took a second to just get caught up in what was happening. I stayed silent even as I came back to reality. Smiling, I leaned down to kiss him while his hands moved back down to my hips. I hummed softly before pulling away from him and sitting up straight. Placing a hand on his chest to steady myself, the other took hold of him. I held his gaze as I positioned myself before slowly lowering myself, moaning as he slipped inside me again.

His grip on my hips tightened while he took a sharp breath. I started to rock my hips in a slow rhythm, eager to show him what I was capable of. He leaned his head back as he let out a low moan, clearly enjoying it as much as I was. I experimented with finding the right angle while my gaze focused on him, watching how pleasure showed in his expression. My heart rate sped up again as I watched him, his expression and sounds encouraging me to move faster.

I let out a moan when I finally found the right angle, and both of my hands moved down and gripped his shoulders to keep myself steady as I rocked my hips faster. I could feel the pressure beginning to build and I had to close my eyes as my movements started to get a little more erratic. Atlas cursed loudly beneath me and pushed his hips upwards, making me cry out when the new angle permitted me to hit the spot that made my mind go blank.

His fingers dug into my skin as I kept going, making both of us moan as I worked that angle like it was the solution to all my problems. The pressure was building rapidly, fueled by my own movements and the low moans that made their way past his lips. My mind was empty for all things except for him and how tightly he held on to me. I could feel how I was tiptoeing on the edge, causing me to dig my nails into his shoulders in near desperation.

Finally, I fell from it.

I moaned when I climaxed and my mind came to a halt when an intense feeling of release rushed through my body. I continued moving my hips to ride it out, getting as much out of it as I could. He followed a second later, letting out a husky moan while he tossed his head back. My erratic movements started to slow down as the satisfaction set in, and it felt like my mind was rebooting. Breathing like I had just run a marathon, I collapsed next to him, utterly spent.

As I worked on catching my breath, I lazily patted him on the chest with the back of my hand. ‘’Good job, you did well,’’ I huffed, immensely tempted to add ‘big guy’ just to annoy him.

Atlas let out an earnest, breathless laugh that made me feel all mushy inside. I rolled onto my stomach with a soft smile, watching as he ran a hand through his slightly damp hair and took a deep breath. He looked remarkably relaxed for once. Like he didn’t have so many shitty things to deal with right then, and I felt like I was seeing a side of him that few had experienced. He deserved to be like this all the time. He deserved better than struggling with traumatizing events and memories.

My hand reached out, cradling his cheek and turning his head so that he would be looking at me. His eyes were soft when they found mine. They gave me a strange sense of calm. As if I would always be okay when he was with me. I leaned closer to him and captured his lips in a soft kiss. I wanted to give him some sort of comfort. Some sort of feeling that it was all going to be okay, but I had no idea how to properly express my thoughts through words. So I kept giving him soft and tender kisses, hoping that they might somehow tell him how I felt about him. His hand moved to the back of my head as he returned every single kiss I gave him, and, deep down, it felt like he understood what I was trying to tell him through them.

We parted when I slowly withdrew from him. Looking at him right then, I realized that Jaxon was right. If what I was feeling for him right now wasn’t love, then I didn’t know what else to call it. ‘Love’. I could taste the word on my tongue, and some part of me wanted to say it, but the other still wasn’t ready. It felt like it was too soon.

His hand moved down and tucked my messy hair behind my ear, making me smile and lean into his hand. ‘’It suits you,’’ he spoke quietly and with a fond look in his eyes.

‘’Messy hair?’’ I chuckled and leaned closer to him again.

‘’Smiling,’’ he hummed while moving his hand to the back of my head again. Before I could react, he guided me down so that he could bring our lips together again. I smiled into it as I returned the kiss.

‘’That was really corny,’’ I told him in a whisper before kissing him again.

‘’And some of the shit you say isn’t?’’ He asked while his other arm snaked around me.

‘’Oh, no, I’m trying to flirt with you most of the time.’’

‘’Sounds like the same to me.’’

‘’I’ll have to make it more obvious, then,’’ I smirked.

‘’Please don’t.’’

I laughed at his grumbled response. His lips curved into a soft smile while he rolled onto his side and pulled me closer to him. I stifled my laugh as he pulled me against his chest, getting me close enough so that he could easily press his lips against mine.

Honestly, breaking into the Promise had been the best decision I had ever made.

Notes:

Did I spend a whole chapter on this? Yes. Do I feel good about it? Yes.