Actions

Work Header

A Hundred Roads Lead to You

Chapter 8: Past Times

Summary:

Lazy moments with great company lead to reminiscing and relaxation

Notes:

*Hunter Del Sur is calmly standing with a set of tools in the Shipyard*
*Hunter grabs some material before placing it to the side of the ship and working on upgrading it, paying no attention the other other larger ships currently sailing around and occasionally firing at each other and also occasionally waving at other friendly ships he likes.*
"You're a good ship, no matter what anyone else says and I'll help build you up when I can."
*Hunter turns to other multiple ships baring the OT3 designation of Jon/Arya/[]*
"I'll work on you too soon."

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Must you do that?” Jon grumbled at the entirely too amused Arya.

“Yes.” She answered easily, so completely sure of herself and her words that he made sure to huff directly into her face for it, his breath moving the loose strands around her smiling face as she let out a giggle filled with amusement yet even then she kept tugging at his hair, combing her slim fingers through it as she brushed them this way and that.

And that was fine, his actions were more of a show, since it had been so long since he was able to see Arya smile so freely, to laugh so openly and he wouldn’t trade that for the world.

They were in his allocated chambers in this castle in the Southron realms, the fire roaring in its place at the hearth casting everything in a soothing mixture of glowing light and dancing shadows late at night. Jon wearing just his breeches and his partially opened shirt that had four of its buttons undone while his boots lay further away, his legs stretched comfortably and his feet bare to the air as he sat on some furs he had brought from the North and then ordered put in his rooms.

Arya meanwhile had decided to spend sometime with him, as she always did ever since they were reunited not so long ago, and so had barged into his rooms, stripped off her heavier garments until she wore nothing but her tights along with a somewhat loose shirt that was partially unlaced at the topmost part and then promptly sat herself on his lap.

So here they were now with their bodies pressed together as much as possible; she seated sideways on his lap like it was the most natural thing in the world, her head leaning onto his shoulder with her grey eyes glancing up at him from beneath her lashes, smile firmly in place as one hand threaded itself intermittently among his hair while her other arm was wrapped around his body with her fingers digging into the back of his shirt.

Jon for his part had one of his hands resting leisurely along her legs while his other arm wrapped around her slim form across her lower back to rest just at her hip, providing her another means of support while he basked in the heat of the flames along with her smile and touch, something that he had feared he would never get to experience again.

“I really don’t get why you enjoy this so much,” he began distractedly, sleepiness present in the undertones of his voice. He hadn’t been able to get much sleep lately what with all his responsibilities as one of the de facto people most knowledgeable with the coming war yet Arya was able to calm his nerves, worries and just generally sooth his mind now just as she had always been able to, her ministrations helping her even further but he wouldn’t fall asleep, not yet, “You used to do the same when we were children and I am no closer to understanding the reason now than way back then.”

“It’s fun. Nothing complicated about that.” She shrugged, a bit of sleep mixed with her words while she scooted just the tiniest bit closer to him, her face nuzzling into his neck partially while his hand snaked itself under the edge of her shirt to rub soothingly at the dip in her bare waist with his thumb. She sighed briefly before planting a small peck on his shoulder in gratitude.

“Fun?”

“And relaxing,” her accompanying nod shifted more of her loose strands into her eyes so he lifted his hand to brush them away from her face before returning it to sprawling it along her legs, letting him see her smiling face once again that had shifted from a more active impish expression to a lazily content smile, “You’ve always had this effect on me.”

“I feel the same.”

“I can tell. You haven’t been sleeping much have you?”

“No, too much to do. Too much to worry about.” He sighed and even though it was such a simple gestures it felt like it carried half the Kingdoms troubles. “Its also become difficult since a while ago.”

Her hand in his hair stilled and her other fingers tightened once more from where they were on his back, her nails digging at his skin through the cloth and he could feel her gaze burn a trail at the scars along his body that she had visible from her position while he gazed distractedly at the fire, seeing the flames lick and dance into the air as high as they could.

“I also did the same to you,” Jon began in an effort to distract her from the whirling thoughts he could practically feel forming in her mind, “and I don’t mean when I messed up your hair. I’m talking about when I also combed your hair with my fingers, usually when we were both bathing in a spring and you held onto my neck. When you sneaked into my rooms to sleep with me and when we would listen to the wind in the Godswood.”

“I remember those times,” Arya’s tone seemed normal enough but he could sense the brittleness laying underneath, “along with many other times when you combed my hair.”

“Many, many more.” He agreed with a distracted nod, his gaze turned to look at her then and their eyes met. Big grey eyes looked at him with the color of light steel while his own eyes of darker grey that looked like storm clouds easily met her gaze.

He cracked an easy smile at her then.

“Come on.” He tugged her to him then, making his intentions obvious.

In response she easily snaked both her arms around his neck and leaned her head against his shoulder while she let him carry her towards the bed in silent permission. Gently he set her down onto the featherbed, her arms stretching to its limits so they could both move but not letting him out if her hands, before scooting himself into it and Arya wrapped her arms around him tightly once again.

Her head buried itself into his neck while she once again started to run her hands through his hair. He returned the favor by drifting his hand from the top of her head down through her long brown strands and further down her back until they stopped at her lower back in a lazy motion.

They continued like this for some time; slowly, easily, comfortingly. While bit by bit their motions slowed down as sleep began to claim the both of them. Just when he was the edge of drifting off into a deeper sleep he felt her move languidly against him, her lips brushing a trail from where they were at the juncture of his neck all the way to his ear, sleep heavy in her words and actions, “Jon?”

“Hmm?”

“I also just like the way your hair feels in my hands. Plus it just curls and bounces when I run my hands through it.”

He gave a low deep chuckle at that and he felt Arya shiver slightly, probably because his mouth was close to one of her ears.

“I like the way yours feels too.” And with that he pressed a lingering kiss to her temple causing Arya to smile sleepily against his skin before they both settled down once more into their sleeping positions and drifted of to a nice well deserved deep sleep.

Notes:

'Suuuup. Finally found time so I bring you this.
Nothing complicated just these two relaxing in each others presence in a way they can't with other people.
No thoughts this time, I'll save those for another chapter.
Man ever since the finally of GoT season 7 people sure have been sniping at each other with their ships.
Makes for some nice entertainment
I've also been thinking about putting a designation in the title that shows if its platonic or romantic in nature like [R] or [D]. Not too sure though. Some thoughts? I mean there are people who just want to read a sibling relationship between these two but most of my stuff is mixed...
Well, I'll still think about it for a while.