Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2017-03-13
Updated:
2017-10-02
Words:
65,853
Chapters:
8/12
Comments:
1,559
Kudos:
7,411
Bookmarks:
1,325
Hits:
121,149

Money Shot

Summary:

So Yuuri waited, felt his heart edge back down from his throat as Victor let him catch his bearings, as he just sat and watched Yuuri calm down, patient even though the time he was paying for was ticking.

 

“Strip for me, Yuuri.” came his first instructions in the lull of silence, the same words he always got, and this is how it always began.

Notes:

It all started when Kanton sent me a link, and now here we are! Thank you Kanton for your help ily.

(See the end of the work for more notes and other works inspired by this one.)

Chapter Text

Yuuri’s fist hovered in front of the apartment door, he almost laughed because he’d never been more nervous to hit something in his life, and it was ironic given that was his real job.

He told himself it was meant to be exactly the same as giving someone a show for the camera, except it wasn’t the same at all because this one was face to face with the person who’d been watching his shows online for the last four months, the person who’d been paying enough money to be his only viewer.

Every other person before that user was just another name on the screen, another person asking for him to say and do weird things that Yuuri did only because it made money while he tried to pull himself together. But this person was nothing like any of those people, Yuuri knew that much, it was still crazy to actually meet them face to face though, right? Still insane that they lived in the same city.

He never thought it would come to this, come to him being curious enough about who was on the other side of the screen telling him to touch his body, telling him explore himself and make himself feel good like he’d never thought possible using his own hands.

Yet here Yuuri was, someone as strong and careful as he was with his body; a bundle of nerves and second thoughts just like he had been when he first decided to put himself up for online entertainment after Phichit suggested it to him.

It was time to admit that he was going to do this, standing in the stark hallway in front of a white door with gold numbers, about to knock because his curiosity with the mild words and gentle prompting that conflicted the cliche username had gotten the best of him.

The only reason he’d come was because he could more than defend himself if push came to shove, if the person on the other side of the door broke the no touching rule.

So with that in mind: Yuuri knocked, three sharp raps on the door at 7pm on a Monday night, the exact same time it would have been for an online show that lasted for an hour.

He didn’t need to wait long, within a few seconds he heard footsteps shuffling, coming closer to the other side of the door, he heard the click of locks and deadbolts as Yuuri’s heart raced and thumped harder than what it did during his intense sparring sessions.

Yuuri thought about running, about high tailing it before the door could open, he thought about what excuse he could make so that he might be able to leave before this really happened. He thought about quitting, and it was that pathetic train of thought that kept his feet planted firm to the floor like he’d practiced every day of his life because he was so over failure more than anything else.

That didn’t stop the adrenaline in his throat though, drying his mouth and leaving him breathless. It didn’t stop his body’s instincts screaming at him to stop being stupid, because what was someone who valued their body more than anything doing here, someone who needed their body in order to fight doing selling it?

He’d tried to reason with himself, tried to reason that this meeting and deal with one person would be more convenient, but after months of performing for this one person Yuuri was starting wonder why, why him and why so much money for someone like him? Yuuri wasn’t anything special when it came to camboy shows, but this person seemed to think he was.

He didn’t know what to expect of the person on the other side of the door, he didn’t know what they looked like, what they sounded like, all he knew was that this person promised it would be exactly the same, except it was at his house in this flash apartment where all the high earners lived.

Yuuri heard the pull of the door handle, the click of the mechanism that would let the door swing open, and so he held his breath with his body braced for anything, schooled his face and hoped like hell that he could hide his reaction well enough if he turned out to be put off.

It was almost mocking how fast that door swung open compared to how slow it felt in his head, how his heart gave one huge thump to reveal something beyond Yuuri’s wildest expectations. And Yuuri had no chance of hiding his reaction, no way of comprehending that this was the person he’d been talking to for the last four months, the faceless username of ’sharpshooter’ that Yuuri thought was lame up until two seconds ago, because this person was indeed sharp in all the right ways.

He knew his jaw was hanging open, he knew he was probably blushing like something innocent when it was the last thing he should be doing given what he was here for, he knew he was staring.

And as he stood face to face with the taller man with his silver hair and intrusive blue eyes: Yuuri knew that he wasn’t special, that it was just a mere arrangement for convenience, how could it be anything else to someone like that?

He felt those sharp eyes rake up and down his body as he stood in the hall, look at his thick legs under his tight jeans, saw the gaze stop to assess his trim waist before it travelled up to the opening of his V-neck shirt. He felt the intense attention stop on his exposed collar bones, his toned chest and his neck. He felt naked already, exposed and on display, and it definitely was his body and nothing else this man wanted to see.

The man didn’t even look that much older than Yuuri, but he was so different it was almost frightening. He stood there relaxed and full of poise in an open collared white shirt with fitted black dress slacks, his only accessory a thick gold ring on his finger with a square motif of obsidian and a gold eagle in flight.

He screamed a different sort of power to Yuuri’s, a different sort of confidence and conviction, someone who commanded not only himself but others too.

He was something so far from Yuuri’s real world of blood, sweat and struggle that he didn’t know what to say.

He was taller, he was wider, he was thick in the arms and chest like only someone who worked out could be. His moonlight hair disheveled and insanely hot and wild, his jaw sharp, his neck a column of flawless skin that led down to the open buttons of his shirt where more flawless skin waited.

Yuuri’s body was nothing to laugh at, he worked it night and day to be in the shape he was, but standing in front of this mystery man left him more insecure than he’d ever been in his life. Phichit was going to have a field day with this.

And then those eyes moved up and looked at him, right in the eye like it wasn’t his body that he was looking at but all of him from the inside out. Yuuri wanted to bolt because he wasn’t prepared for something like this either, this invasion of himself, and yet he couldn’t bring himself to look away because this man was beautiful in a way Yuuri would never be.

That sharp expression melted into something gentle then, warm as it took in Yuuri’s nerves and shaken resolve, delicate lips curled in a smile and those eyes twinkled like something that belonged in the sky instead.

“You don’t have to come in, if you don’t want.” and even his voice was gentle, the exact same sort of thing that would come up on the chat screen with huge font when it told him what to do, the exact same coaxing feeling that had Yuuri doing anything this person wanted. It travelled down his spine all the way to his toes, raised the hair on his neck and stayed there like this invisible threat hovering above his willpower.

Yuuri knew he should turn around, he knew that something would change when he stepped beyond the threshold, that there would be no going back from this.

And it was stupid because even though he wanted to bolt, even though it would be for his own good if he didn’t go any further; Yuuri stayed, because more than anything Yuuri hated running.

“S-sorry, I’m just, I haven’t done this before.” was all Yuuri managed to stutter like some young teen who’d never been kissed, if Yuuri could kick himself then he would have, and he’d make it hurt.

“Pfft, I can tell.” was all he got in response, and this man was laughing at him, his chest echoing deep with amusement as his body shook with movement, then he just stepped back and left the way open for Yuuri to come in, and Yuuri was even more confused about this person than before.

He could see into the apartment now, the polished marble floor of the foyer where one single black trench coat hung on the coat rack, where one black pair of leather shoes sat in the shoe rack. Well, at least it looked like he was single, Yuuri reasoned with himself as he stepped through with his body coiled tense, ready for anything.

Yuuri didn’t know what happened now, did he just take his shoes off and go straight to the bedroom? The bedroom was such a personal space, where someone thought about all their deepest feelings and fears, the space where people slept in vulnerability and defencelessness, the bedroom was someone’s sanctuary and he didn’t even know this person’s name.

He only knew him as ’sharpshooter’ who had way too much money to throw at someone like Yuuri, who had a silly username that didn’t fit with his image at all, because he looked like someone who wouldn’t frequent live porn but a rich man’s strip club instead.

And just like that, his curiosity was winning all over again.

Yuuri kicked his shoes off in silence, felt his every move being watched as the other man stood in wait at the intersection of his hallway.

And his palms were sweating all because he wasn’t sure if he should ask or not, the man assured anonymity before they met, promised that things would stay between them, he didn’t even know why he’d believed it, but he did and here he was showing his face with no dimmed lights or perfectly placed shadows to hide in.

Yuuri had always made it a point to forego something too personal like names, but he couldn’t just go on calling him by his ridiculous username.

“Can I have your name, at least?” Yuuri asked in a burst of courage, waiting for an answer before he decided to take another step.

He got a level gaze back, unflinching and all knowing because this man knew exactly what he was doing. “I guess it’s only fair you know mine then, since I already know yours, Yuuri.”

And just like that: Yuuri was panicking. Throat closing up and white noise moving in on his conscious. Panicking because this person knew who he was despite how careful he’d been, this is what his instincts tried to warn him about, tried to make him run before he was too mortified to move. It wasn’t even the fact he was doing this thing on the side that embarrassed him, it was the fact that this man would know about Yuuri’s failure, his disaster of a fight one year ago where he’d literally choked and put himself to shame.

“How?” was all Yuuri managed to breathe, he didn’t care about names anymore, he just wanted to know how this person knew it was him.

That unwavering gaze didn’t change, the gaze of a man who had Yuuri right where he wanted him to be.

“I was at your fight last year.” was the first answer he got, and then he was stalking towards Yuuri in sure steps, eyes fixed on a prey that could put up a fight this man couldn’t hope to win. “And I’d never forget a body like yours.”

Yuuri must have been seeing things at the door outside before even though he had his glasses on, must have been imagining that smile and laugh, the gentle demeanour that’d welcomed Yuuri in, and now he was more puzzled and conflicted than he’d ever been.

He could still leave now, knock this guy out with a hook to his temple and disappear, and he thought about it too, thought about assaulting someone to get away, but just as he’d clenched his fist at his side in preparation: that haunting expression changed as the man stopped before him, his eyebrows pinched in what Yuuri could only call frustration and need.

“It’s okay, I won’t say anything, Yuuri.” came the whisper then, this reassuring sound that soothed all the prickly edges of Yuuri’s anxiety at being stuck in this unlucky spot, because Yuuri actually believed him, he believed the searching gaze that looked like it was hoping Yuuri would stay, that was wishing for Yuuri not to think he was a liar, that was gauging his every move and reaction.

It’s not like he had a choice, not like he could turn this down and end things with the person who’d been paying his living expenses and then some for the last few months, it’s not like Yuuri wanted to go back to doing things online and hope that someone would pay enough money for him to get by while he struggled to keep his name from getting out.

If this person was going to leak his name anywhere he would have by now, surely, so it only made sense to keep dealing with this person, that’s what Yuuri told himself anyway.

So with a resigned breath Yuuri held his ground and stared right back with conviction of his own.

“What’s your name then?” he asked again.

And he could have sworn he heard a sigh of relief, saw those perfect pink lips curl in a smile again before the man stepped back and gestured Yuuri down the hall, toward the bedroom no doubt.

“Call me Victor.” this man called Victor answered, his voice back to this deep note that struck all the right chords in Yuuri’s body, and jesus this person could sweet talk anyone he wanted with a voice like that, could pull anyone with his looks and his body. Maybe he was a weirdo after all, maybe he just liked watching people get off in his spare time?

It didn’t matter, you could get away with a kink like that when you looked like he did, they both knew it, they both knew Victor meant every single one of the next words he said.

“Remember it, Yuuri, Victor Nikiforov, because even though I won’t be touching you, I’ll still have you screaming it all the same.”


Saying he walked with trepidation was an understatement, because now he was nervous and hot and the combination was oddly exhilarating, there was nothing he could do about what’d already happened, so he might as well do what he came here for and put on a show.

The hall was stark and white with the same marble floors and empty walls, it led to a bedroom at the end with an open door and Yuuri stopped short the moment he set foot on the plush carpet, because this wasn’t real and he was definitely in a movie or some erotic romance novel that women swooned over.

The sprawling super king bed was the centrepiece of the room, pure white sheets and pillows that beckoned against the contrast of the grey carpet, the red shag-pile rug at the foot of the bed, the obsidian black nightstands on either side of the bed that were empty of any personal touches whatsoever.

To his left the wall was all window that looked over the city, floor to ceiling and corner to corner of gorgeous views of this concrete jungle that was home to Yuuri, lights flashing in all the colours that kept a city running; red, yellow and green traffic lights, the soft glow of white street lights and moving cars, the watchful twinkle of the stars and moon above that seemed to be looking through this very window.

The wall next to the door opened out to a walk in robe with more suits and shoes than Yuuri had ever seen in his life. Black and navy blue, pin stripes and chequered patterns, matching waist coats and ties, black leather shoes and brown leather shoes with a veritable display of scarves hanging from a compartment of their own.

Yuuri couldn’t comprehend, couldn’t fathom being trapped in a suit when he trained shirtless in tight lycra shorts every day, it made him uneasy just to look at the formality of them all hanging perfectly, it also made him realise that this person would have more money in his wardrobe than Yuuri currently had in life savings and assets.

There was another entrance on the other side of the wardrobe that might as well have been an extra room, one that led to a pristine white bathroom with a tiled floor and polished mirror from what he could see.

But before he could look any further and see what he’d really gotten himself into with Victor Nikiforov, there was this heat on his neck, warm breath on his skin as Victor lit him on fire with inches between them, not breaking the touching rule in the slightest and still making Yuuri shiver despite himself.

“Just like usual, Yuuri.” and why was Victor back to being gentle again, familiar even. That’s because it was easy to forget that Victor was familiar, that Victor had seen him three nights a week, every inch of skin except his face, his every reaction to his instructions, heard his voice and the way he whimpered or moaned just to make money.

And with that in mind and his gentle prompt Yuuri dropped his backpack along with his glasses at the door and moved towards the bed, feeling the pressing heat of Victor’s attention on his back and this was nothing like usual at all because there hadn’t been that tension or weight in the room when it was just him and the username on the screen. There hadn’t been second thoughts or mistakes, but it was too late for it all now.

So he did it like usual, crawled onto the bed that was firm for all the right reasons like being able to fuck someone into the mattress, and he waited for instructions as he sat up on his knees like he always did. He waited for Victor to settle on this black leather chair that sat against the wall opposite the foot of the bed, he waited for him to lean back to cross his legs and clasp his fingers together. And he noticed that huge gold ring on his knuckle and wondered what it meant, because the gold gleamed like this beacon in his mildly impaired vision, gave him something to concentrate on while Victor looked him up and down.

“Who would have thought I’d get to watch one of Japan’s most prized fighters in my bed instead of in the ring?” came the low drawl, full of taunt and provocation. It was obvious he wanted to make Yuuri bite, it was easy to see, and still Yuuri bit back all the same.

“I’m not prized anymore.” was all he snapped back, feeling his body heat up further in retaliation, because if Victor wanted to play this game then Yuuri would at least accept this challenge.

The laugh he got back was a real thing, astonished and surprised like Yuuri was cracking a joke instead of telling the truth, Victor shook in his chair as he chuckled and shifted positions to lean forward with his elbows braced on his knees to fix Yuuri in place with his gaze.

“That’s what you think.”

It’s not what he thought, it’s what was true, Yuuri hadn’t shown his face in the ring for a year, he’d turned down fight after fight, interviews and press conferences with other members of his franchise. He’d lost all his sponsors and only had his coaching job left, along with this. Paying the bills with his body but in an entirely different way.

He was useless inside the ring now, a ball of jitters and yips that panicked at the thought of someone getting him to the ground in a grapple, useless at the one thing he loved most, so he might as well put his body to good use elsewhere.

So Yuuri waited, felt his heart edge back down from his throat as Victor let him catch his bearings, as he just sat and watched Yuuri calm down, patient even though the time he was paying for was ticking.

“Strip for me, Yuuri.” came his first instructions in the lull of silence, the same words he always got, and this is how it always began.

It was too hard to meet that deep blue that still managed to stand out to him, he should be used to this, you never looked away from your opponent even if your eyesight wasn’t perfect, Yuuri’s other senses always put him level, always let him meet someone head on. Not Victor though, all Yuuri could do was look at that gold shine of the ring on Victor’s finger as he crossed his arms over his body, reached for the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his head.

And Victor’s eyes were all over his skin, watching Yuuri’s hands as they went to the button and zip of his jeans, following the wiggle of his hips as he struggled to pull them down over his ass because nothing ever fit his muscled bottom half.

Then he was kneeling there in his black briefs only, breathing fast on the rush alone that someone was in the same room as him, like he’d just thrown himself out of a perfectly good plane and was in that weightless fall before impact.

“Shut your eyes, lay on your back and relax, get used to it.” and it nearly was the same, the words so similar to something he’d read from him, not forceful or demanding, but it coupled with the baritone of his voice and Yuuri was glad to be able to escape by shutting his eyes and putting himself in pitch darkness.

Back against the soft covers, every inch of his skin screamed in sensation with his eyes shut, he felt the luxurious material surrounding him, the press of the mattress against the muscles of his back, the rounds of his ass as he arched his spine and ran his hands up along his abs.

He shifted on the soft covers, bathed in the scent of clean linen and lavender, took deep breaths and felt his body temperature spike as heat took over, because there was no way to really relax when someone was watching him, every exposed inch of skin.

“Just keep touching yourself like that, Yuuri.” and it was like Victor was in his ear, whispering against his bared flesh, touching everything through Yuuri’s hands instead.

And this was crazy after all, insane and filthy, because he could feel himself getting hard already with Victor’s eyes on him, this near complete stranger who looked at Yuuri like he was something to eat.

Yuuri was more in tune with his body than he’d ever been thanks to this person, more in tune to the places that made him genuinely feel good, the places that had Yuuri’s mouth falling open on its own accord.

And Victor knew this too, so there wouldn’t be any faking it or lies for someone who’d offered to pay him double the usual amount just to be here.

It was always that soft spot of skin under his chest that he started, running his fingers from side to side and back up to his nipples to pinch, arching his back higher because this sort of blind sensory deprivation outside of training was a completely new thing, and it was better than he thought it would be.

“You’re beautiful.” came this soft whisper of encouragement from the chair on the other side of the room, this secret caress of his skin that had Yuuri biting at his lip because he never expected it to be like this, this surprisingly good.

“Don’t bite your lip, let me hear whatever you have to say.” and Victor was still so soft, warm and coaxing, so Yuuri just let his mouth fall open so he could breathe his tension out with a sigh. He let his hands roam further, back down his abs, over his hips and into the insides of his thighs where he raked at skin with his nails and set his world burning even hotter.

“Amazing, Yuuri.” came the deep hum, and he could tell Victor wasn’t moving, he was just watching, fixated on Yuuri’s every single move.

Is this what he’d been like behind the screen, still apart from when he typed things in the chat bar, motionless as he waited for Yuuri to read and respond? Yuuri hoped it was.

So Yuuri filled the room with quiet gasps and whimpers as he wound himself up on someones else’s bed instead of his own, he knew he wouldn’t be touched, knew Victor just wanted a show, and it gave him a confidence he’d never had behind the camera.

“You do like this.” Victor said then, amused and hoarse all in one, voice strict with restraint, “I can see it on your face.”

And Yuuri couldn’t help but choke out a whine, because Victor was right, he liked it more than he was nervous about it, the heat pooling in his gut said it all. The throb of his groin and the empty feeling inside that wanted his fingers.

“Pull your briefs down, let me see all of you in person.” and it sounded like a plea, like Victor thought Yuuri might stop, like Yuuri hadn’t been following his every word before now.

He dragged the waist band down against himself, let the fabric rub before his cock sprang free into the cool air of Victor’s bedroom, already so hard and aching to be touched.

“Good, so good, Yuuri.” and did Yuuri have a praise kink now? He must have, because he couldn’t stop his body shivering, couldn’t stop the tremble as the words sunk into his skin.

“Take yourself, start slow, make it last, Yuuri.” and the sound of Victor’s deep voice went straight to his gut, shot right down his body and to his dick that pulsed in response.

“Nnnn.” and it was good, the slow pull of his fist up and down, better than it’d ever been when he’d done it alone before now.

“Don’t come until I say, if you do we start all over again.” there was an edge now, a challenge and a warning that had Yuuri checking if Victor was still in his chair.

And he was, sitting there in the same position with his hands clasped together, his blue eyes filled with rapture and worship like Yuuri was one of the wonders of the world, jaw clenched tight as he swallowed back the want that Yuuri was sure Victor was feeling.

“I’ll make a mess of your bed.” Yuuri stated as he realised he was already starting to, as he rut against the sheets still looking at Victor watching him, and he could havesworn he saw a vein throb in Victor’s neck.

Victor met his eyes then, sharp blue irises piercing the veil of Yuuri’s compromised sight.

“Thats the point, Yuuri.” was all Victor said, bold and obvious in his meaning.

And oh, this was a power of its own, Yuuri knew, not the kind he was used too, but it was satisfying all the same, thrilling even.

So Victor made him speed up, made him moan and curl into himself in the sheets when he told Yuuri to stop, told him to take his hands off moments before he would find himself lost in pleasure, told him to pinch the base of his cock to stop from spilling all over himself. And after that he made him start slow all over again, build up the pace as he slicked himself up and down with his own lube.

He’d always just let Yuuri go before now, on screen, let Yuuri come into his hand and catch his breath, let him lie there until the hour ticked over.

This time Victor made him last the whole way, made Yuuri hurt with need as his cock begged to be jerked for that extra few seconds that would turn Yuuri into a boneless mess.

Victor made real pleas of desperation come out of his mouth, ‘please’, ‘let me finish’, ‘let me come’, and still Victor said no.

He praised his control, praised Yuuri’s body when he bucked off the sheets into his hand, hummed his approval when Yuuri whined and took his hand off.

And that voice was getting to him, reaching into him and making his body crazy, making it respond to Victor’s every word, controlling him, and all Yuuri wanted to do was scream.

“Pleeeaaaase.” and Yuuri did cry out then, he sobbed because he was going to keep going no matter what Victor said, it was either that or come untouched anyway and he’d much rather be fucking into his fist than coming into thin air. “Don’t make me stop, Victor.”

Victor’s soft sigh felt like it was right in his ear, teasing him even further, “Good, Yuuri. That’s all you needed to say, my name, so come for me.”

And he already was, arching his back higher than before, ass off the bed, toes curling in the sheets as his other hand ripped at the fabric to try and stop himself from drowning in this self induced high.

A flash flood of bliss rocked his entire body, had his hips stuttering, body quaking as came all over himself, all over his bare body, his chest, his neck and all over Victor’s clean white bed.

He was too breathless so care, too shell shocked as he lay there panting to think about what happened next, he needed to regain control of his body first.

Before that could happen though there was a shuffle of feet next to the bed, a dark shadow lurking at the edge of Yuuri’s instincts that told him to snap his eyes open, to make himself less vulnerable than lying naked on someones bed with his eyes shut.

And Victor was standing above him, holding out Yuuri’s glasses with a look of concern on his face as he checked Yuuri over, as checked to see that Yuuri didn’t hate this after all.

“You okay?”

Yuuri was more than okay, he was still buzzing, his body humming with this bone deep satisfaction that was Victor’s doing, and he’d be a liar if he said no now.

“Y-yeah, I guess I am.” his confession shy and coy as he tried to hide his face, tried to roll over and gain a semblance of himself.

“You’re adorable, Yuuri.” Victor crooned as he stood there watching Yuuri turn an embarrassed shade of pink, he said it like it was a good thing, like being able to kick someone in the throat in the streets and then turn shy in the sheets was a good thing.

Victor didn’t press Yuuri further, didn’t give any sign of making a move, of breaking his word, he just chuckled down at him before turning on his heel to walk to the door.

“I’ll let you clean yourself up, you can have a shower if you want.”

And with that, he left Yuuri alone in his massive hollywood sized bedroom.


Yuuri took the chance to shower, the chance to assemble himself bit by bit as he tried to put the pieces of Victor Nikiforov together, as he came up with nothing each time.

Maybe he trusted too easy by coming here, maybe he believed too easy that Victor wasn’t some secret online creep just because he was inhumanly attractive, maybe there was no ill intentions despite the fact he’d known it was Yuuri all along.

Maybe he did just like Yuuri’s body that much, this seemed the most likely answer, because even now as he got dressed Yuuri could still recall the way Victor looked at him, not with any intention to hurt or harm, but with every intention to take it all in, to marvel. So Yuuri also decided Victor was definitely a little bit crazy himself, or blind.

It’d barely been ten minutes and Yuuri was wandering back down the hall, keeping his eyes straight ahead so he couldn’t be accused of snooping or being nosy. Not that he got the chance to look anyway, to peer around the corner into the open plan living space that was quiet and lifeless, one dim lamp on to light the shadow filled living area.

It reeked of solitude and self sufficiency, of a dark personality that matched the grey hue of the room.

The person in front of him now didn’t seem to fit any of those descriptions, because Victor’s eyes were bright, his teeth were bright, his hair was bright. Yuuri didn’t know him one bit, hadn’t even known his name until an hour ago, but from appearances alone, from the appraising smile on his face as he met Yuuri in the hall; he decided that Victor didn’t go with the space at all. The contrast was too great.

The silence was weighted as they both stood there, as Yuuri fidgeted on the spot because he didn’t know what to do now either, didn’t know if he should ask for money.

He hated needing it, something so material, everything up until now had gone to paying off debt and savings because he didn’t know how long this messed up good fortune would last.

Victor was watching him, watching his turmoil as Yuuri berated himself all over again, and thankfully he took it into his own hands to step closer still, a distance that was nearly intimate as he reached out and slipped the agreed sum of money into the front pocket of Yuuri’s jeans.

He felt Victor’s finger run along his skin through the pocket, felt the heat in Victor’s gaze as he loomed above Yuuri, an inch away from his boundaries.

“See you again on Wednesday?” Victor whispered down to him, his eyes asking as he took Yuuri in, and Victor was close, but Yuuri realised he hadn’t put himself too close for Yuuri’s comfort.

It might have been that that decided it for him. Yuuri couldn’t say, he knew he was strong, he knew he’d have the upper hand, he knew his body could be a weapon if he needed it.

Yet standing in front of Victor Nikiforov made him feel nothing but powerless.

“Yeah, I’ll see you then.”