30 Jul 2021
“I’m not sure what exactly you want, Herr Wright,” he says instead, flattens his voice down so neither anger nor tears leak through, and tries not to wince at the fact it defaults to friendly but distant charm instead. Like Wright’s an overenthusiastic fan who’s caught him while he’s busy and won’t take a hint.
Wright knocks a fist against the doorframe, somewhat absent-mindedly. “I want lunch,” he says, finally. “The bus takes forever, give me a lift back into the city, will you?”
In which Klavier and Phoenix are smart enough to finally have that conversation about the past, and dumb enough to do it in two parking lots and a burger barn drive-thru. There's no accounting for taste.
04 Jul 2021
Phoenix: I'm talking about evidence that shouldn't have existed. A naughty magician's trick...
The second time that Trucy's life falls completely, irrevocably off its rails, it’s a Friday, and she doesn’t even notice.
A story about what Trucy was doing during the events of Turnabout Trump.
Lang shifts slightly next to them, the leather of his jacket creaking, and Edgeworth is suddenly reminded of his presence, gesturing quickly between them. “Ah, Wright, I must apologize for my rudeness.” He nods at Lang. “I’m sure you remember Agent Lang of Interpol, here to assist on the Phantom case.”
Wright laughs slightly, tilting his head. “Well, yeah, Edgeworth, of course I remember him.” He looks over at Lang, eyes dancing bright and then takes a step closer, leaning in. “Hey honey.”
In which the Dark Age of the Law comes to an end, Shi-Long and Phoenix try dating, and Edgeworth has several life-changing revelations.
- Part 1 of TiT and other post-AA5 fic
Here are 3 things Fjord knew:
1) The money he had carefully saved for travelling is now gone, spent on mistakes and bad ideas (this may have been his own fault).
2) He had a painful peeling sunburn on his nose and the back of his neck (definitely his own fault, as a result of not being able to read the bottles of sun lotion in the drugstore, and being too embarrassed to do the mimes necessary to ask a store clerk about it whilst not understanding the local language).
3) Beauregard Lionett, his travelling partner and friend, had just managed to very much not charm the check in receptionist at the hostel they were meant to be in, resulting in the aforementioned receptionist very much not allowing them to stay there (probably not his fault, but who knows these days).
Here is one thing Fjord didn’t know:
1) Where he was going to sleep that night.
(Or: The hostelling AU that sprung fully formed from my brain)
“Have you ever heard the phrase ‘The Dark Age of the Law’ before?”
Phoenix can’t help it, he laughs. “Have I…? I thought I am the dark age of the law. Or at least that’s what the papers are saying.”
“And you know I never believed in that.” Edgeworth says, and his voice is soft enough to bruise.
A story about how Athena meets the Wrights, Edgeworth finally decides to have a conversation about feelings, and Phoenix gets his groove back.
A series for collecting post AA5 fics that take place in the same universe.
Turnabout in Triplicate (TiT) - a Langwrightworth fic about family, histoy, and being an idiot
As of yet un-named Athena fic - A fic focusing on Athena in the immediate aftermath of AA5. (WIP)