1. a loose granular substance, typically golden brown, resulting from the erosion of rocks and forming a major constituent of deserts
2. to have a great deal of courage, and strength in the face of something that frightens one
The origin story of Goodnight Robicheaux and Billy Rocks
- Part 1 of Desert Sand
1. small, loose particles of stone or sand; a major constituent of riverbeds
2. courage and resolve; strength of character.
1. 'to grit' (the teeth), in order to keep one's resolve when faced with an unpleasant or painful duty.
Goodnight and Billy have been on the road together for three years and things have never felt more comfortable. And when their travels trickle over into Louisiana, Goodnight and Billy decide to pay a visit to Goody's childhood home. But staying in a house begins to bring back some traumatic memories, and not for Goodnight.
Not the story of how Goodnight Robicheaux and Billy Rocks got together, but the story of how they stayed together.
- Part 2 of Desert Sand