Welcome to Table for Three! This collection is dedicated to the Harry Potter Trio Ship, featuring stories in which Harry, Hermione and Ron are involved with each other romantically.
Table for Three is open to new submissions that include this polyamorous relationship, and follow the collection rules below.
The import of this archive to the AO3 was approved by the OTW Open Doors Committee on 29 January 2015, and will begin in March 2015.
About Table for Three (triofic)
This collection contains works originally located at www.triofic.com, which were imported to the Archive of Our Own through the Open Doors Project, once maintenance costs rose higher than could be justified by the dwindling traffic and submissions. You can learn more about the import in the import announcement.
If you still have access to the email you used to post your works to Table for Three, you should have received an email with the option to claim your works at the time they were imported. If you do not have access to that email account, or did not receive the notification, please contact the moderator at the contact email address listed above.
All unclaimed works are imported as restricted to logged-in AO3 users only, and will be made publicly viewable after a 30-day transition period. If you claimed your works before that period ended, you will need to change the restriction setting.
For questions about using the AO3, please contact Support. For questions about submitting works to Table for Three, please contact the moderator at the email address listed above.
- This is a trio archive. Stories should focus on the trio and their relationship. Pre-ship fic (i.e. fic where there isn't a romantic relationship between the trio in the fic, but there are hits of one developing) is also accepted.
- While this is a trio fic archive, we will not accept any fic in which the trio has sex that is set before they are all 16. In other words, if they're boinking, the story has to be set after Harry's 16th birthday. Also, any characters other than the trio that participate in on stage sexual activity must be 16.
- Use the preview feature to make sure your story formats properly.
- The mods reserve the right to reject any fic in which there are excessive spelling/grammar errors.
- If your fic deviates from canon, please mark it AU so we don't have to. That said, while we do accept AU, we reserve the right to reject fic that deviates from canon for no perceptible purpose.
- We accept fics of all ratings, but you must select the appropriate rating when posting your fic. An explanation of the Table for Three rating system is available here
- No plagiarism. If you commit plagiarism, the site admin reserves the right you remove your fic, delete your account and publicly shame you like the slime you are.
- Stories must be submitted on a reasonable facsimile of the English language. Any story featuring netspeak will be summarily rejected.
- Submissions must be actual stories. No lists, rants, announcements, etc.
Stuff We Won't Take
- No bestiality. This is non-negotiable.
- No necrophilia. This is also non-negotiable.
- No "intergenerational fic" (i.e. Student/Teacher) fic. Did I say non-negotiable?
- "Ship Killer" fic (i.e. fic designed solely to prove how sick/wrong/whatever trio ship is). This is not to say that we won't accept stories involving an unhappy/unhealthy relationships and we don't have a "happy ending" rule. However, if the whole point of your fic is how Ron and Hermione are evil and trying to steal ickle Draco's One True Wooby, expect to be rejected.
- We, (that being the archivist and the mods), may chose to reject fic for reasons other than those explicitly listed here. This will be done only in the event that the archivist and/or mods feel that the fic in question is not suitable for the archive because it does not meet some standard implicit in these guidelines. To give an example, number 8 above says "Stories must be submitted on a reasonable facsimile of the English language. Any story featuring netspeak will be summarily rejected." The intent of this rule is to provide stories that readers can actually understand and enjoy. A moderator might also interpret it to include a case where an author has used some formatting which makes the story more difficult to understand. In such an instance, the moderator might request that said formatting be removed/altered, before the fic is accepted. If the author to refused to make the change, the mods might then reject the fic. In these instances, the moderators will explain the issue to the author in question.